2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2020

The Dollar Shave Club ad with hairs in the razor makes me involuntary gag. Some things should never be seen on TV screen because some asshat in Madison Ave convinces some desperate exec this will sell razors.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I already order 1 box for $15. Next 2 weeks they auto resend a new one for 1 box $51! (I didn’t request it.) Hey guys!! Please Please Please read the terms before you order the first time. Thank you.

Original review: April 2, 2020

So I ordered some razors two weeks ago and the shipping takes 3-5 days to deliver at my house. Like I’ve said, it’s been two weeks. Where’s my razors? I’m never ordering from Dollar Shave again and I want a refund.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I have been using DSC products for a few years until today when they sent, in my opinion, a very inappropriate email today titled, The Smell of Sex, Deconstructed. It was disgusting. I feel this is a totally inappropriate email and I cancelled my membership. Hope I am not the only one offended and others respond as well. They obviously do not know their audience. Families with kids could get their hands on an email like this. I can purchase razors anywhere and choose to do so. I find it interesting that their older reviews related to products on this site were basically good, but the 2020 reviews are not. Maybe something has changed within the company??

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I was a member for years and loved my razors. I recently discovered items in my cart I did not put there nor wanted. I removed them from my cart. All I wanted was the usual razors I order. Several days later I find ive been charged $5 for a starter kit and another $39 for a bunch of male products. I message Dollar Shave Club. They get back to me the next day and ask me if I read the email where they explain they'll also add the full size versions of the starter kit to your order. I received no such email. But besides that point, I had removed everything but 2 packs of razor blades from my cart. I explained this. No response. This new practice of theirs of putting stuff in your cart and forcing you to remove it is ridiculous. I've dumped them and won't be going back. BUYER BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Shipped Feb 3 still have not received it. They state 3 to 5 days shipping. 10 days later still no blades? First order 4 days at my house had to by new blades for my old Quattro because they are a week late and still not here. Canceled my membership.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have been a Dollar Shave Club member for a few years now and while I absolutely love their products, my experience with shipping and customer service has been terrible. I have had to contact them many times because my box delivery is consistently late by several days and sometimes weeks. Trying to contact them is incredibly painful as well. Their 'customer service' department only take calls between 10 AM and 12 PM PST, and usually the customer rep is rude. This clearly tells me that they are not interested in providing quality service at all. They do have an SMS service, and getting a reply back is useless since I have never received a reply at all. As much as I like the quality of their products, I have had enough and I am cancelling my membership.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I placed an order for several items. The tube of toothpaste I received had a 2” slice in the tube. I took pictures of the damage and sent those along with an email describing the damage to Dollar Shave Club. I never got a response from the company. I am not going waste any more time on a $5 tube of toothpaste other than this review but I’ll never buy another product from them. One other issue I had with this company is after placing an order you never receive an email confirmation.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I have been a patron for years and keep seeing stuff like $5 for all this stuff. Lies. I only get razors and shave butter and I pay well over the twenty. And they get a ton more than I get every month. I find it a bit hurtful when companies treat new clients so much better than existing ones. Then when I tried to contact customer service I found that it is non-existent. I'm considering contacting the BBB. They Don at even have a phone number for customer service and the only thing they had see are bots that are incapable of helping at all! Even the, "don't leave talk to someone" goes back to the useless bots. It's ridiculous. Please don't waste your time or money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

To be fair the product is not bad, although it is just body scrub, conditioner and body lotion.. which you can get in any drug store. My problem is that after 2 orders I felt I had enough and needed no more, so on the next email I didn't tick yes to a new box. Before I know it my bank account has been charged and the next box is on its way. This time I decide to deactivate my account, remove my payment method & address. All good I thought, I can reactivate when I feel is necessary.

But oh no, I wake up to 2 new emails today, I confirming payment and another saying the next box of product has been shipped!? Like wtf. So I go on their website... the page to cancel your account is rigged to make it impossible & there is no contact, just an ongoing list of automated question and answers. Which would be all well and good if they worked! I have requested them to be blocked from taking payments unauthorised. I just thought you needed to be warned before signing up to anything. WHAT A SCAM. :)

Dollar Shave Club Company Information