2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.57/5

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

On Oct 10/20 I contacted this company wanting to buy blades and asked someone to call me. They refused and sent me an email. I told them I was a serious buyer, call me and I will place an order. They refused so I found out this company was sold to Unilever, so I contacted the CEO Fabian Garcia ---- fabian.garcia@unilever.com...this idiot does not have people contact me but text me. I wrote him several email and he ignored me - finally they contacted me with a blocked number ---- and I don't answer - This company DOES NOT CARE about Customers - Unilever is a scumbag company too big to care about customers - the blades are good but time to go to HARRYS - RUN FROM THEM -

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had to purchase multiple handles for my DSC Executive blades over 2 years. They keep breaking and DSC wants to upcharge every time for their poor manufacturing and design. I have canceled my membership and found other shaving companies on Amazon to be cheaper in price and equal if not a better in quality. So long crappy DSC handles and up charging to replace your bad equipment!!! Keith

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

"[O]ur warehouse is currently experiencing some delays." This is the type of ridiculous response I received multiple times after waiting **12 WEEKS** for a replacement handle! I am not exaggerating. The order confirmation email was dated June 5th. The only reason I have even continued using these razors is that my father-in-law gave me dozens of the blades (which he received as a gift but didn't want). Blades are expensive, so I hate to leave the stack unused. But even with *free blades*, I'm starting to question whether this is worth the hassle. In my experience, the quality of even the most expensive razor handles ("Executive Handle") is poor. Since my handle broke over 12 weeks ago, I've corresponded with multiple customer service agents who made vague and implausible excuses as to why a shaving business whose entire model is predicated on shipping could not timely replace my shaving razor handle.

Over time, the correspondence has gotten more absurd, to the point of being insulting and disingenuous. In the most recent exchange this afternoon, the agent claimed that the belated box--whose promised arrival was days ago--could not be expedited because, coincidentally, it had just shipped this morning. Surprise! Get real. What a lousy company. Save yourself the trouble and try anything else. I'd rather shave my face with a dull butter knife than deal with these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have been using Dollar Shave Club for eight years. For many years I was extremely pleased. They fulfilled their promise of a High Quality blade at a very reasonable price. I told everyone I knew about DSC. Lately the blades have become garbage. It's like shaving with sandpaper. They are cutting corners along with my face. I don't know what happened to Good quality blades at a reasonable price. I would rather go back to the expensive name brand SHARP blades. When I complained, they just sent me a "Gift" rather than addressing the problem of what feels to me as used blades. One of my great joys has turned into a bitter disappointment. Shame on you DSC!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

My products arrived several weeks after I expected, however I have to understand sometimes that is out of their hands. When I did get my box it had the products but no razor to use. I'm still waiting on the main part of my first order. Not very happy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

So have used a ton of razors over the years for body, face, etc. I got tired of paying store pricing for the name brand ones and tried Dollar Shave Club because it sounded great and good way to save cash. Unfortunately you get what you pay for unfortunately. We recently stopped their subscription because it just isn’t worth it. The quality is good for only a couple of shaves and then drops off dramatically. We are swapping blade heads out ALL THE TIME so there is no value, just hassle. I would love to have a blade available that is less than store brand and also good value. Dollar Shave Club tried to do this but apparently you get what you pay for because they don’t last and the shave quality is poor after just a few uses. Not impressed.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I joined this club and the customer service was horrendous! Plus to learn with all the violence in the world toward Americans, businesses and law enforcement I learn they donate to the BLM. Subscription cancelled!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I have been ordering from DSC for years but have become increasingly unhappy with their service. My last two orders have been significantly delayed. My current order, which was processed May 26th, still hasn't arrived over a month later. When I try to reach someone they are never available and send you to a bot which never answers the questions. I have sent emails to the service department only to have them returned as undeliverable. If you go to their site to send an email they never respond. I have had enough and would like my money back but I cannot get in touch with anyone to have this completed. Enough is enough.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Used Dollar Shave Club for about 18 months. Started great. A pretty good set of 5-blade cartridges every month for $9.99. Not a bad deal. I also bought other products like soap, lotions etc. Unfortunately, like most good things, it got ruined by corporate greed. DSC was bought out and went downhill. I started getting defective blades almost every month. Then, even worse, they decided to use the cheapest shipping method available, DHL. After which my dependable razor order became not so dependable. After two months of missed deliveries, I cancelled my subscription. I no longer saw the point. The razors are not the best, they're not the cheapest, and now it's a crapshoot whether or not you'll get your delivery.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Dollar Shave Club products are poorly made. I’ve had to replace the razors numerous times because of breakage. Most of the products are not worth the purchase. Now an all time low! CEO Mike ** is lending financial support to an organization calling for the death of Police Officers. Bad company, bad person.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information