3.6/5 (170 ratings)

About Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The razors are ok but easily dulled. Biggest problem is that it is impossible to cancel your account. I have tried to cancel my account for months now and all it does is buffer and does not let me actually cancel it. I cannot get a hold of anyone to help. I strongly recommend you avoid this company and product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Have been a customer for years but my password no longer works. I wanted to delay next auto-delivery but now want to cancel out of DSC completely. Tried over several days to get a passcode emailed to me but no response. Phone calls didn't work either. Nobody to talk to and auto disconnect on one of the options. Something about closing the office early and also something about being closed by government order. I had to call credit card company to get all future charges blocked (for the next 18 months at least - not really sure because of my failing ears and a non-English-first-language speaking person). Goodbye to Dollar Shave Club!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have tons of the blades, but lost my handle. I order a new handle on their site which said 4x. It makes it seem as if you are ordering 4 replacement handles. But they only shipped 1. Very, very deceptive. I know that I am not the only one that has been tricked by this deception. Plus it was 15$. I assumed for that, that I would be getting 4, NOT 1!!! Crooks.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had not used DSC for about 8 years. I placed an order and was excited to get the smooth shave. Wrong. I don’t have particularly rough beard. So when I tried my new blades I was sadly disappointed. After 3 day growth, I had to use 2 new blades to do the job. Absolutely terrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I ordered 2 handles and 6 blade. I received 2 handles and 2 blades. I have written twice to get some help. No answer. Guess call it a loss and move on. Lousy company, steer clear. Other reviews confirmed their bad customer service. I noticed they took the time to make a page supporting BLM. How about selling razors?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This brand is the only good while you are happy if you have any problem they don’t care, I have purchased a new handler, didn’t say anything about different Blades, now I found out that the blades that I had purchased for years do not match and they want don’t need to buy a new one, just a joke of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I’ve been a DSC member for many years. Noticed a negative change soon after Unilever took control. They changed the physical design of the blade unit structure for the obvious purpose of production economy. This change also precipitated a change in the handle and not in a good way. The trimmer blade is now useless. Any reasonable applied pressure while attempting to trim sideburns causes the blade unit to detach from the handle. The new handle is very flimsy, another victim of production economy. I’m going to try Harry’s blades, now, and hope for a better experience. So far, it would appear that Unilever hasn’t screwed up the non-blade products (e.g. Shave butter, etc.) but the jury is still out on that. Leave it up to a major corporate entity to wreck a formerly excellent product. Bye bye Unilever.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Tried thru chat but realized a fake person was chatting back. No phone number to call and cancel. Husband died July 6th and tried to contact but very difficult. Very disappointed. Still got a shipment today.

Original review: April 18, 2021

Title says it all. It's not that cheap if every blade only gets 2 uses. I get 10-15 shaves out of CVS brand Gillette knockoffs, which are about $15 for a box of 4. So I get about 50 shaves for $15 from CVS or 8 shaves for $8 from Dollar Shave Club. Avoid.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I got billed by DSC for $22 for something I have never received. I went to my Account and had to do a search of FAQ's to find the "Membership settings" tab. I selected "Cancel Membership" and the link wouldn't work. I then tried to contact them but there was no way to do it, I was just going around and around. I did a Google search and got a phone number. That was a recording that told me no one was going to answer and to email 'Support@dollarshaveclub.com'. I got an automated reply with the FAQ's again. How on earth do you contact this company? How do I stop them billing me?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Name says it all. You get what you pay for and if it were only a dollar it would be too much. I wasted that money because I am going to throw it away and buy something else. The only time I have ever had a worse shave was when I forgot my razor and had to use a disposable from a hotel. Don't waste your money!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Trying to contact them is terrible. I need a refund or my box resent to my new address and you simply can't get ahold of them. They have "we will refund you if you aren't happy" all over their website. They emailed me a response that says "so we can't respond here are articles." That take me to where to email them. It's just a never ending circle. It's sad because I love their products and been a customer of theirs for years.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Something has happened to DSC customer service recently! The products are great but this Christmas I received a $50 gift card from my 3 children as gift! I tried redeeming it and it won’t go through. I contacted them 3 weeks ago and still waiting in an answer. I guess I’m moving my business to Harry’s!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Order not received, contacted multiple times. No # to call. Emailed several times. My tracking # says can't find order. Emailed them again nothing back. Cut losses and moving on. If you have a problem with them you will not get help. You are totally at their mercy. All computer generated answers, and helpfully or not that's your answer. So if you have a problem you're basically screwed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I signed up for a monthly subscription with DSC, and they shipped me my first shipment. I was pleased with the product, but the second shipment never came. Over a month later, I checked on the status of that second shipment, and it still showed as "shipped" but there was no way of tracking it. I tried to contact them, but the "contact us" button just puts me in an infinite loop of redirecting me back to their FAQ (which was not solving my problem). With no way to contact them or ask for a refund for a product I never received, my only recourse was to cancel my subscription and consider it a loss. I know this is an actual business, but they are operating in a way that effectively creates a scam operation if they make it impossible for a customer to even contact them with problems.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I will never purchase anything from DSC again. Recently I ordered a pack of razors and it never arrived to my house, because I input the wrong address by accident. I've emailed them 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Their website says they typically reply to emails within a day, and they did. They would respond rather quickly when Id reach out to them and they would try convincing me to get the razors reshipped. But every time I told them that I no longer need the razors and that a refund would be much appreciated, They would stop emailing me back. They responded quickly when I'd reach out to them, but every time I bring up that I want a refund instead of having the razors reshipped, they just stop responding. Every time. It's been a week since they last responded to me even though their website says they respond within a day.

Dollar Shave Club is ridiculous to me in how much they want your money. They make it impossible to cancel your subscription and now they are ignoring me?? They just KEPT MY MONEY. I can't believe I purchased something online and didn't receive the product or the refund. This is completely wrong to me being that I seriously need the money right now!! I definitely consider this theft. Never will I trust this company again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Dollar Shave Club products are great! I had set my husband stuff up for auto-renew. I get him 2 4pks of razors and shave butter. The shave butter lasts a while, so I set it to snooze until I unsnooze it, but DSC adds it to my order every shipment (and charges me for it) anyway. So I snoozed it again. Well, my husband has enough razors left that we don't need this next shipment, so I canceled this months shipment LAST MONTH. All of a sudden, I get an email today saying his shipment is about to go out, 2 4pks of razors and the shave butter. I had to cancel this months shipment a second time. I also took us of auto-renew. While we highly recommend their products, I do not recommend putting it on auto-renew because if you snooze any items or cancel a shipment well in advance (which they allow you to do), they'll just send it to you and charge you for it anyway.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My daughter gave me the razor products. The handles/ejection of blades quickly lose effectiveness. At first I thought it was just me but after the same experience 3-4 times I now know it is the product. I am not a heavy shaving person (3-4 times weekly) so the handles get little awry. In trying to buy a handle only (without getting my daughter involved) I found they REQUIRE you to set up an account (ok, I get that). Then as you manipulate your way thru the account, set up at the very last disclaimer they add the, "will be billing you for being regularly." This company is not consumer friendly bordering on 'scam'. I would recommend you avoid.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

On Oct 10/20 I contacted this company wanting to buy blades and asked someone to call me. They refused and sent me an email. I told them I was a serious buyer, call me and I will place an order. They refused so I found out this company was sold to Unilever, so I contacted the CEO Fabian Garcia ---- fabian.garcia@unilever.com...this idiot does not have people contact me but text me. I wrote him several email and he ignored me - finally they contacted me with a blocked number ---- and I don't answer - This company DOES NOT CARE about Customers - Unilever is a scumbag company too big to care about customers - the blades are good but time to go to HARRYS - RUN FROM THEM -

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had to purchase multiple handles for my DSC Executive blades over 2 years. They keep breaking and DSC wants to upcharge every time for their poor manufacturing and design. I have canceled my membership and found other shaving companies on Amazon to be cheaper in price and equal if not a better in quality. So long crappy DSC handles and up charging to replace your bad equipment!!! Keith

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

"[O]ur warehouse is currently experiencing some delays." This is the type of ridiculous response I received multiple times after waiting **12 WEEKS** for a replacement handle! I am not exaggerating. The order confirmation email was dated June 5th. The only reason I have even continued using these razors is that my father-in-law gave me dozens of the blades (which he received as a gift but didn't want). Blades are expensive, so I hate to leave the stack unused. But even with *free blades*, I'm starting to question whether this is worth the hassle. In my experience, the quality of even the most expensive razor handles ("Executive Handle") is poor. Since my handle broke over 12 weeks ago, I've corresponded with multiple customer service agents who made vague and implausible excuses as to why a shaving business whose entire model is predicated on shipping could not timely replace my shaving razor handle.

Over time, the correspondence has gotten more absurd, to the point of being insulting and disingenuous. In the most recent exchange this afternoon, the agent claimed that the belated box--whose promised arrival was days ago--could not be expedited because, coincidentally, it had just shipped this morning. Surprise! Get real. What a lousy company. Save yourself the trouble and try anything else. I'd rather shave my face with a dull butter knife than deal with these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have been using Dollar Shave Club for eight years. For many years I was extremely pleased. They fulfilled their promise of a High Quality blade at a very reasonable price. I told everyone I knew about DSC. Lately the blades have become garbage. It's like shaving with sandpaper. They are cutting corners along with my face. I don't know what happened to Good quality blades at a reasonable price. I would rather go back to the expensive name brand SHARP blades. When I complained, they just sent me a "Gift" rather than addressing the problem of what feels to me as used blades. One of my great joys has turned into a bitter disappointment. Shame on you DSC!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

My products arrived several weeks after I expected, however I have to understand sometimes that is out of their hands. When I did get my box it had the products but no razor to use. I'm still waiting on the main part of my first order. Not very happy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

So have used a ton of razors over the years for body, face, etc. I got tired of paying store pricing for the name brand ones and tried Dollar Shave Club because it sounded great and good way to save cash. Unfortunately you get what you pay for unfortunately. We recently stopped their subscription because it just isn’t worth it. The quality is good for only a couple of shaves and then drops off dramatically. We are swapping blade heads out ALL THE TIME so there is no value, just hassle. I would love to have a blade available that is less than store brand and also good value. Dollar Shave Club tried to do this but apparently you get what you pay for because they don’t last and the shave quality is poor after just a few uses. Not impressed.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I joined this club and the customer service was horrendous! Plus to learn with all the violence in the world toward Americans, businesses and law enforcement I learn they donate to the BLM. Subscription cancelled!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I have been ordering from DSC for years but have become increasingly unhappy with their service. My last two orders have been significantly delayed. My current order, which was processed May 26th, still hasn't arrived over a month later. When I try to reach someone they are never available and send you to a bot which never answers the questions. I have sent emails to the service department only to have them returned as undeliverable. If you go to their site to send an email they never respond. I have had enough and would like my money back but I cannot get in touch with anyone to have this completed. Enough is enough.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Used Dollar Shave Club for about 18 months. Started great. A pretty good set of 5-blade cartridges every month for $9.99. Not a bad deal. I also bought other products like soap, lotions etc. Unfortunately, like most good things, it got ruined by corporate greed. DSC was bought out and went downhill. I started getting defective blades almost every month. Then, even worse, they decided to use the cheapest shipping method available, DHL. After which my dependable razor order became not so dependable. After two months of missed deliveries, I cancelled my subscription. I no longer saw the point. The razors are not the best, they're not the cheapest, and now it's a crapshoot whether or not you'll get your delivery.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Dollar Shave Club products are poorly made. I’ve had to replace the razors numerous times because of breakage. Most of the products are not worth the purchase. Now an all time low! CEO Mike ** is lending financial support to an organization calling for the death of Police Officers. Bad company, bad person.

Original review: May 14, 2020

In the process of possibly signing up to a monthly shave club, in the research phase, & in full disclosure/honesty not yet a member or associated in anyway with any company offer any kind of shaving services or products..However, did read most the recent review on the site regarding DSC, how new member hasn't received any product 3 months, as well as insinuating not being able to reach their CS in 3 months.So, I quickly felt need to check their info & provide a honest no-bias respond..Yes, getting a live voice when calling is very difficult, but when calling they clearly state/list their CS email as, service@dollarshaveclub.com, not support@dollarshavrclube.com. Also,a simple Google search will also info anyone who is currently a member to another CS email, "members@dollarshaveclub.com", which I would guess is also provided & confirmed in emails when signing up..

Again, not in any associated with the company, a member, or in the industry at all, I just hate seeing false claims being made against anyone or any company, esp when so blatant/bias & during such trying times...As A Country, Aren't We All Better Than This!!!! Thanks for you time & hope other review is removed or at least required to be edited with correct email info...

Original review: May 14, 2020

Signed up for a trial for $15 and before I even realize it, an unauthorized second charge of $47.38 is charged to my credit card for a re-stock order. So naturally I do a little digging to try and figure out why this happened... Turns out, under the Account section of their website, the "Your ship date" refers to the NEXT recurring shipment which makes no sense and is very CONfusing.

I had changed the ship date from mid-June 2020 to May 14, 2020 thinking the trial that I ordered was originally set to arrive in OVER a month. So I changed my ship date to the next available date (2 days after my trial order) and set my subscription box frequency to monthly, in case I enjoyed the product and wanted to continue using it.

My next step was to contact their customer service department via email on May 13th, 2020 before the subsequent restock shipment was fulfilled. But they (CSR) was unable or unwilling to assist with cancelling the second shipment, and was generally unhelpful. To top it off Dollar Shave Club (DSC) had no phone number to contact a call center, no active social media agent (Twitter or Facebook) and no live chat - NOTHING! Thoroughly disappointed by this company's misleading website, deceptive marketing and unhelpful customer service center. A VERY POOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE OVERALL! Will be boycotting DSC and its parent company Unilever too.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information