2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been using Dollar Shave Club for years and years. I love getting my razor refills in the mail automatically for only $10 a month, much cheaper and easier than going to store. I was having issues receiving it though due to the large package not fitting into my mail box. I wrote them once and they told me the postal service required that size, I wasn't buying it. So I submitted my feedback again and went on to tell them how much of an inconvenience it was for me to go to the post office to get my package. The next time I received my shipment it was in a package half the size, yay!! I am so happy and will definitely continue to use their products!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I usually don't post reviews online, but Dollar Shave Club is an exception. As a man with sensitive skin, their products are perfect for me and come at a great value. From the 'pre-shave scrub' to the 'shave butter' to their awesome, 5 bladed razor, their products are of exceptional quality and I would recommend them to friends, family members, and anyone. I initially bought my dad the $5 starter box for Father's Day (great gift!) and then signed up for my own subscription when I saw how great the products were. 5 stars!!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

The Dollar Shave Club has products which contain many natural botanicals, and this has the triple bonus of smelling amazing, being extremely healthy for your skin and hair, and being better for the environment by not dumping as many artificial chemicals down the drain. For being sourced with such high-quality ingredients, they are pretty reasonably priced. I have ordered products from them which I wasn't crazy about, but the app makes it easy to update your next shipment. The one complaint which I could see somebody raising about their service as a whole, is that they have pretty limited selections for the scent-profile that you receive -- it is pretty one-size-fits-most in terms of the flavors of products they sell. Most of the scents are supposed to be unisex I believe, but I think they smell quite masculine (although I am a man).

I am especially a huge fan of their shaving products, although I also get my shampoo, deodorant, and hair styling products from them. I used to often end up growing out a full beard which was not very well kept, simply because I was too lazy to shave most mornings. But I enjoy the smells of these shaving products so much, that now I eagerly anticipate shaving every morning. And my face generally feels healthier than it used to.

I would most compare their products to the growing market of organic grooming products, because I switched to this service from previously buying grooming products at Whole Foods. For me, it is important to know that I'm not sloshing my body with artificial chemicals. That being said, DSC products are not technically organic, and do contain more artificial ingredients than products found at Whole Foods. However, in price, DSC products are pretty much the same as comparable products at WF.

And I would give DSC extra points for the convenience of not needing to visit the grocery store every time I think I might be running low. Also most products at Whole Foods tend to be marketed more towards women, and they have a somewhat more limited selection of men's products. Overall, I am definitely a fan of the Dollar Shave Club. I am currently receiving shipments from them only once every four months. They offer shipments ranging from once every 1-4 months.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I’ve been ordering from DSC for probably 2-3 years now. When they first came out, they became popular with women because male shaving supplies seems to work a lot better than woman-based shaving products. In my opinion, not only did the razors work a lot better but it was so much cheaper than having to go out and buy disposable razors all the time. You receive a handle when you sign up and then from there on out you receive monthly (or as often as you choose) packs of razor heads. Since I’ve signed up, I’ve only had to buy two handles.

I’m writing this review because although I’ve had 99% good experiences with them, I’ve recently had my first not-so-good one. I set my razors to be ordered on the first of every month. So on September 1st (a Saturday) my order was placed automatically. I got an email that said my order should arrive on September 7th (which was also a Saturday). The day came and went and since we don’t get mail on Sundays I was upset that I still hadn’t received them. I was out of razors so I was in desperate need. I used Facebook messenger to tell them that I had not received the order and they told me that because they were ordered on a weekend, I should expect them in 3-5 business days which would be Tuesday September 10th. That was a lie.

If it takes 3-5 business days then the 5th business day would have been the Friday after they were ordered, and also why would they say I should receive them on that Saturday? I didn’t like that they tried to play it off as if I wouldn’t understand what business days meant. The 10th came and went also and still no razors so after messaging them again, they sent a replacement. I ended up receiving my first order on the 13th, 13 days after my order was placed, and more like 10 business days later. I’m thinking of switching to a woman-based shave club now since those exist. DSC has always been good to me but I didn’t appreciate this incident.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I hate to run out of shavers and to have to shop for quality and cost effective. These razors meet my needs and budget. However it is disappointing to receive such waste in the bulky nonsense packaging. I throw enough junk mail out everyday, I would rather them to find a less bulky way to ship their products. Think of the environment, landfills, trees, oxygen they are wasting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: May 14, 2020

In the process of possibly signing up to a monthly shave club, in the research phase, & in full disclosure/honesty not yet a member or associated in anyway with any company offer any kind of shaving services or products..However, did read most the recent review on the site regarding DSC, how new member hasn't received any product 3 months, as well as insinuating not being able to reach their CS in 3 months.So, I quickly felt need to check their info & provide a honest no-bias respond..Yes, getting a live voice when calling is very difficult, but when calling they clearly state/list their CS email as, service@dollarshaveclub.com, not support@dollarshavrclube.com. Also,a simple Google search will also info anyone who is currently a member to another CS email, "members@dollarshaveclub.com", which I would guess is also provided & confirmed in emails when signing up..

Again, not in any associated with the company, a member, or in the industry at all, I just hate seeing false claims being made against anyone or any company, esp when so blatant/bias & during such trying times...As A Country, Aren't We All Better Than This!!!! Thanks for you time & hope other review is removed or at least required to be edited with correct email info...

Original review: May 14, 2020

Signed up for a trial for $15 and before I even realize it, an unauthorized second charge of $47.38 is charged to my credit card for a re-stock order. So naturally I do a little digging to try and figure out why this happened... Turns out, under the Account section of their website, the "Your ship date" refers to the NEXT recurring shipment which makes no sense and is very CONfusing.

I had changed the ship date from mid-June 2020 to May 14, 2020 thinking the trial that I ordered was originally set to arrive in OVER a month. So I changed my ship date to the next available date (2 days after my trial order) and set my subscription box frequency to monthly, in case I enjoyed the product and wanted to continue using it.

My next step was to contact their customer service department via email on May 13th, 2020 before the subsequent restock shipment was fulfilled. But they (CSR) was unable or unwilling to assist with cancelling the second shipment, and was generally unhelpful. To top it off Dollar Shave Club (DSC) had no phone number to contact a call center, no active social media agent (Twitter or Facebook) and no live chat - NOTHING! Thoroughly disappointed by this company's misleading website, deceptive marketing and unhelpful customer service center. A VERY POOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE OVERALL! Will be boycotting DSC and its parent company Unilever too.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have paid in full for the past three months and have not received ANY product. When contacting the company the email address of support@dollarshaveclub.com does not work - it is INVALID. No one answers their customer support phone number of 310-975-8528. No one has ever returned my phone calls after leaving a message. It appears as if this company is out of business and they kept my money without delivering anything for the past three months.

Original review: April 30, 2020

So far so good.. Received first package in a few days... Very happy with product...good quality...very nice razor..4 blade shaves great.... Worth the money... Would recommend... I am going to continue using.

Original review: April 24, 2020

When I ordered my FIRST box I ordered multiple items, and didn't receive the free executive handle which comes in the first box, I have been unable to get a hold of customer service, their hours are from 11 am to 1 pm Monday through Friday, if you email customer service all you get is a useless uninformative automated email.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information