2.17/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Dollar Shave Club

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been using Dollar Shave Club for years and years. I love getting my razor refills in the mail automatically for only $10 a month, much cheaper and easier than going to store. I was having issues receiving it though due to the large package not fitting into my mail box. I wrote them once and they told me the postal service required that size, I wasn't buying it. So I submitted my feedback again and went on to tell them how much of an inconvenience it was for me to go to the post office to get my package. The next time I received my shipment it was in a package half the size, yay!! I am so happy and will definitely continue to use their products!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I usually don't post reviews online, but Dollar Shave Club is an exception. As a man with sensitive skin, their products are perfect for me and come at a great value. From the 'pre-shave scrub' to the 'shave butter' to their awesome, 5 bladed razor, their products are of exceptional quality and I would recommend them to friends, family members, and anyone. I initially bought my dad the $5 starter box for Father's Day (great gift!) and then signed up for my own subscription when I saw how great the products were. 5 stars!!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

The Dollar Shave Club has products which contain many natural botanicals, and this has the triple bonus of smelling amazing, being extremely healthy for your skin and hair, and being better for the environment by not dumping as many artificial chemicals down the drain. For being sourced with such high-quality ingredients, they are pretty reasonably priced. I have ordered products from them which I wasn't crazy about, but the app makes it easy to update your next shipment. The one complaint which I could see somebody raising about their service as a whole, is that they have pretty limited selections for the scent-profile that you receive -- it is pretty one-size-fits-most in terms of the flavors of products they sell. Most of the scents are supposed to be unisex I believe, but I think they smell quite masculine (although I am a man).

I am especially a huge fan of their shaving products, although I also get my shampoo, deodorant, and hair styling products from them. I used to often end up growing out a full beard which was not very well kept, simply because I was too lazy to shave most mornings. But I enjoy the smells of these shaving products so much, that now I eagerly anticipate shaving every morning. And my face generally feels healthier than it used to.

I would most compare their products to the growing market of organic grooming products, because I switched to this service from previously buying grooming products at Whole Foods. For me, it is important to know that I'm not sloshing my body with artificial chemicals. That being said, DSC products are not technically organic, and do contain more artificial ingredients than products found at Whole Foods. However, in price, DSC products are pretty much the same as comparable products at WF.

And I would give DSC extra points for the convenience of not needing to visit the grocery store every time I think I might be running low. Also most products at Whole Foods tend to be marketed more towards women, and they have a somewhat more limited selection of men's products. Overall, I am definitely a fan of the Dollar Shave Club. I am currently receiving shipments from them only once every four months. They offer shipments ranging from once every 1-4 months.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I’ve been ordering from DSC for probably 2-3 years now. When they first came out, they became popular with women because male shaving supplies seems to work a lot better than woman-based shaving products. In my opinion, not only did the razors work a lot better but it was so much cheaper than having to go out and buy disposable razors all the time. You receive a handle when you sign up and then from there on out you receive monthly (or as often as you choose) packs of razor heads. Since I’ve signed up, I’ve only had to buy two handles.

I’m writing this review because although I’ve had 99% good experiences with them, I’ve recently had my first not-so-good one. I set my razors to be ordered on the first of every month. So on September 1st (a Saturday) my order was placed automatically. I got an email that said my order should arrive on September 7th (which was also a Saturday). The day came and went and since we don’t get mail on Sundays I was upset that I still hadn’t received them. I was out of razors so I was in desperate need. I used Facebook messenger to tell them that I had not received the order and they told me that because they were ordered on a weekend, I should expect them in 3-5 business days which would be Tuesday September 10th. That was a lie.

If it takes 3-5 business days then the 5th business day would have been the Friday after they were ordered, and also why would they say I should receive them on that Saturday? I didn’t like that they tried to play it off as if I wouldn’t understand what business days meant. The 10th came and went also and still no razors so after messaging them again, they sent a replacement. I ended up receiving my first order on the 13th, 13 days after my order was placed, and more like 10 business days later. I’m thinking of switching to a woman-based shave club now since those exist. DSC has always been good to me but I didn’t appreciate this incident.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I am so happy I found Dollar Shave Club! I am a very skeptical person when it comes to trying out new companies. I mean most of us, I assume, are the same "If it isn't broken why fix it" Right?! Well I was so tired of spending so much money on razor blades that you find at your local super center or grocery store. I stumbled upon Dollar Shave Club through a social media page and have been a raving fan ever since! The prices are reasonable and the products work great! I recently spoke with Dolores about a shipping issue (that had nothing to do on DSC side) and she sent out a new box WITH SOME EXTRA GOODIES. I wasn't expecting anything extra just a conversation to see what was going on and questions answered, but Dolores went above and beyond!

Products - 10/10
      Customer Service - 10/10
      Pricing - 10/10

Shipping - 9/10

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I have been a member since 2015 and found their product and service flawless... until recently. I made the mistake of changing from four razors a month to eight. My daughters liked them so the remaining four was to go to them, but that never happened because they never arrived. They charged my account on Oct. 15. By Oct. 25 the razors hadn't been received. Oops, they said, that was an error on their part but they sent them out immediately, they said, and I should get within 3-5 days. They even sent a tracking number which said I should get them on Nov. 1. Well, that day passed too and today the tracking information just says they're on the way. You can only reach them via email and their response is: I understand your frustration but they should be there with 3-5 days. Oh, that's another thing, customer service reps can't count! To avoid any more frustration, I cancelled my service. Good riddance Dollar Shave Club.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I read about this company few years ago and loved the idea of a quality shave at a discount price. This last September my wife got me a gift card for my starter pack and I went online and got it delivered. Yesterday I started the day with a shave using my new DSC razor. Visually I was unimpressed. The cartridge was bulky and toy-like. Maybe it's because of the bulky size of this multi-multi-blade cartridge. When it came to shaving I was even more disappointed. The cartridge size made it hard to judge my shaving patterns - but maybe in time that would change.

Right away it was awkward and scary. The feel of the blades seemed cheap and ineffective. Before I was halfway done I had 3 cuts and was not feeling confident anymore. Day two was no better and I felt it was a bad idea to continue. I've been using Gillette Mach 3 blades for many years. They're pricy yes, but they offer a smooth, consistent shave with no problems. I'm going back to my regular "overpriced" blades, thank you. Dollar Shave Club has helped me to see real value in what I thought was common and ordinary. Gillette, I'm coming home!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

The website is not user friendly. Managing your account and orders is cumbersome, time consuming, and not transparent. Ordering razors should be a straight forward user friendly experience. I'm currently not sure how to cancel my account. I have emailed customer service to inquire and will wait to hear back. Whatever cost savings may be associated with the Dollar Shave Club is overshadowed by all of the drawbacks. I would rather go to the store pick up razors, throw them in my cart and move on with my day.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My initial order was lost, so they put in a replacement order. I eventually got both orders which was nice because I had ordered extra handles so then I was stocked up. The executive razors are ok, I found that I needed to change blades more often than I would with store bought razors but it was still cheaper overall. You don't always get reminders that your order is shipping, which was kind of a pain.

I was a member since 2018 and just cancelled. I lost track how many handles broke, at least 4 in less than a year and it seemed like the handle would break right after I put a new blade on it. They were really great on sending out a replacement handle, but it would take a while. The last time they even sent me a different handle to see if that one worked any better, but it broke also. I have never had a store bought razor handle break. With store bought razors I tended to drop them, slippery hands while shaving. For some reason, I have only dropped these razors a couple times so dropping was not the cause for the space between the handle and razor blade to more or less disintegrate into pieces. Customer service was fine and responsive, their emails were a little strange, and their razors just didn't work for me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My handle broke this morning. That's poor quality. Tried to order another one and after three attempts at customer service and trying to order a replacement, I literally could not place the order. "Chats" was automated, that only offered meaningless "solutions" that had nothing to do with my ordering a placement and asking for it to be here tomorrow.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information