2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Name says it all. You get what you pay for and if it were only a dollar it would be too much. I wasted that money because I am going to throw it away and buy something else. The only time I have ever had a worse shave was when I forgot my razor and had to use a disposable from a hotel. Don't waste your money!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Trying to contact them is terrible. I need a refund or my box resent to my new address and you simply can't get ahold of them. They have "we will refund you if you aren't happy" all over their website. They emailed me a response that says "so we can't respond here are articles." That take me to where to email them. It's just a never ending circle. It's sad because I love their products and been a customer of theirs for years.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Something has happened to DSC customer service recently! The products are great but this Christmas I received a $50 gift card from my 3 children as gift! I tried redeeming it and it won’t go through. I contacted them 3 weeks ago and still waiting in an answer. I guess I’m moving my business to Harry’s!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Order not received, contacted multiple times. No # to call. Emailed several times. My tracking # says can't find order. Emailed them again nothing back. Cut losses and moving on. If you have a problem with them you will not get help. You are totally at their mercy. All computer generated answers, and helpfully or not that's your answer. So if you have a problem you're basically screwed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I signed up for a monthly subscription with DSC, and they shipped me my first shipment. I was pleased with the product, but the second shipment never came. Over a month later, I checked on the status of that second shipment, and it still showed as "shipped" but there was no way of tracking it. I tried to contact them, but the "contact us" button just puts me in an infinite loop of redirecting me back to their FAQ (which was not solving my problem). With no way to contact them or ask for a refund for a product I never received, my only recourse was to cancel my subscription and consider it a loss. I know this is an actual business, but they are operating in a way that effectively creates a scam operation if they make it impossible for a customer to even contact them with problems.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I will never purchase anything from DSC again. Recently I ordered a pack of razors and it never arrived to my house, because I input the wrong address by accident. I've emailed them 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Their website says they typically reply to emails within a day, and they did. They would respond rather quickly when Id reach out to them and they would try convincing me to get the razors reshipped. But every time I told them that I no longer need the razors and that a refund would be much appreciated, They would stop emailing me back. They responded quickly when I'd reach out to them, but every time I bring up that I want a refund instead of having the razors reshipped, they just stop responding. Every time. It's been a week since they last responded to me even though their website says they respond within a day.

Dollar Shave Club is ridiculous to me in how much they want your money. They make it impossible to cancel your subscription and now they are ignoring me?? They just KEPT MY MONEY. I can't believe I purchased something online and didn't receive the product or the refund. This is completely wrong to me being that I seriously need the money right now!! I definitely consider this theft. Never will I trust this company again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Dollar Shave Club products are great! I had set my husband stuff up for auto-renew. I get him 2 4pks of razors and shave butter. The shave butter lasts a while, so I set it to snooze until I unsnooze it, but DSC adds it to my order every shipment (and charges me for it) anyway. So I snoozed it again. Well, my husband has enough razors left that we don't need this next shipment, so I canceled this months shipment LAST MONTH. All of a sudden, I get an email today saying his shipment is about to go out, 2 4pks of razors and the shave butter. I had to cancel this months shipment a second time. I also took us of auto-renew. While we highly recommend their products, I do not recommend putting it on auto-renew because if you snooze any items or cancel a shipment well in advance (which they allow you to do), they'll just send it to you and charge you for it anyway.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My daughter gave me the razor products. The handles/ejection of blades quickly lose effectiveness. At first I thought it was just me but after the same experience 3-4 times I now know it is the product. I am not a heavy shaving person (3-4 times weekly) so the handles get little awry. In trying to buy a handle only (without getting my daughter involved) I found they REQUIRE you to set up an account (ok, I get that). Then as you manipulate your way thru the account, set up at the very last disclaimer they add the, "will be billing you for being regularly." This company is not consumer friendly bordering on 'scam'. I would recommend you avoid.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

On Oct 10/20 I contacted this company wanting to buy blades and asked someone to call me. They refused and sent me an email. I told them I was a serious buyer, call me and I will place an order. They refused so I found out this company was sold to Unilever, so I contacted the CEO Fabian Garcia ---- fabian.garcia@unilever.com...this idiot does not have people contact me but text me. I wrote him several email and he ignored me - finally they contacted me with a blocked number ---- and I don't answer - This company DOES NOT CARE about Customers - Unilever is a scumbag company too big to care about customers - the blades are good but time to go to HARRYS - RUN FROM THEM -

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had to purchase multiple handles for my DSC Executive blades over 2 years. They keep breaking and DSC wants to upcharge every time for their poor manufacturing and design. I have canceled my membership and found other shaving companies on Amazon to be cheaper in price and equal if not a better in quality. So long crappy DSC handles and up charging to replace your bad equipment!!! Keith

Dollar Shave Club Company Information