2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I will never purchase anything from DSC again. Recently I ordered a pack of razors and it never arrived to my house, because I input the wrong address by accident. I've emailed them 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Their website says they typically reply to emails within a day, and they did. They would respond rather quickly when Id reach out to them and they would try convincing me to get the razors reshipped. But every time I told them that I no longer need the razors and that a refund would be much appreciated, They would stop emailing me back. They responded quickly when I'd reach out to them, but every time I bring up that I want a refund instead of having the razors reshipped, they just stop responding. Every time. It's been a week since they last responded to me even though their website says they respond within a day.

Dollar Shave Club is ridiculous to me in how much they want your money. They make it impossible to cancel your subscription and now they are ignoring me?? They just KEPT MY MONEY. I can't believe I purchased something online and didn't receive the product or the refund. This is completely wrong to me being that I seriously need the money right now!! I definitely consider this theft. Never will I trust this company again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Dollar Shave Club products are great! I had set my husband stuff up for auto-renew. I get him 2 4pks of razors and shave butter. The shave butter lasts a while, so I set it to snooze until I unsnooze it, but DSC adds it to my order every shipment (and charges me for it) anyway. So I snoozed it again. Well, my husband has enough razors left that we don't need this next shipment, so I canceled this months shipment LAST MONTH. All of a sudden, I get an email today saying his shipment is about to go out, 2 4pks of razors and the shave butter. I had to cancel this months shipment a second time. I also took us of auto-renew. While we highly recommend their products, I do not recommend putting it on auto-renew because if you snooze any items or cancel a shipment well in advance (which they allow you to do), they'll just send it to you and charge you for it anyway.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

My daughter gave me the razor products. The handles/ejection of blades quickly lose effectiveness. At first I thought it was just me but after the same experience 3-4 times I now know it is the product. I am not a heavy shaving person (3-4 times weekly) so the handles get little awry. In trying to buy a handle only (without getting my daughter involved) I found they REQUIRE you to set up an account (ok, I get that). Then as you manipulate your way thru the account, set up at the very last disclaimer they add the, "will be billing you for being regularly." This company is not consumer friendly bordering on 'scam'. I would recommend you avoid.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

On Oct 10/20 I contacted this company wanting to buy blades and asked someone to call me. They refused and sent me an email. I told them I was a serious buyer, call me and I will place an order. They refused so I found out this company was sold to Unilever, so I contacted the CEO Fabian Garcia ---- fabian.garcia@unilever.com...this idiot does not have people contact me but text me. I wrote him several email and he ignored me - finally they contacted me with a blocked number ---- and I don't answer - This company DOES NOT CARE about Customers - Unilever is a scumbag company too big to care about customers - the blades are good but time to go to HARRYS - RUN FROM THEM -

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I have had to purchase multiple handles for my DSC Executive blades over 2 years. They keep breaking and DSC wants to upcharge every time for their poor manufacturing and design. I have canceled my membership and found other shaving companies on Amazon to be cheaper in price and equal if not a better in quality. So long crappy DSC handles and up charging to replace your bad equipment!!! Keith

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

"[O]ur warehouse is currently experiencing some delays." This is the type of ridiculous response I received multiple times after waiting **12 WEEKS** for a replacement handle! I am not exaggerating. The order confirmation email was dated June 5th. The only reason I have even continued using these razors is that my father-in-law gave me dozens of the blades (which he received as a gift but didn't want). Blades are expensive, so I hate to leave the stack unused. But even with *free blades*, I'm starting to question whether this is worth the hassle. In my experience, the quality of even the most expensive razor handles ("Executive Handle") is poor. Since my handle broke over 12 weeks ago, I've corresponded with multiple customer service agents who made vague and implausible excuses as to why a shaving business whose entire model is predicated on shipping could not timely replace my shaving razor handle.

Over time, the correspondence has gotten more absurd, to the point of being insulting and disingenuous. In the most recent exchange this afternoon, the agent claimed that the belated box--whose promised arrival was days ago--could not be expedited because, coincidentally, it had just shipped this morning. Surprise! Get real. What a lousy company. Save yourself the trouble and try anything else. I'd rather shave my face with a dull butter knife than deal with these people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I have been using Dollar Shave Club for eight years. For many years I was extremely pleased. They fulfilled their promise of a High Quality blade at a very reasonable price. I told everyone I knew about DSC. Lately the blades have become garbage. It's like shaving with sandpaper. They are cutting corners along with my face. I don't know what happened to Good quality blades at a reasonable price. I would rather go back to the expensive name brand SHARP blades. When I complained, they just sent me a "Gift" rather than addressing the problem of what feels to me as used blades. One of my great joys has turned into a bitter disappointment. Shame on you DSC!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

My products arrived several weeks after I expected, however I have to understand sometimes that is out of their hands. When I did get my box it had the products but no razor to use. I'm still waiting on the main part of my first order. Not very happy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

So have used a ton of razors over the years for body, face, etc. I got tired of paying store pricing for the name brand ones and tried Dollar Shave Club because it sounded great and good way to save cash. Unfortunately you get what you pay for unfortunately. We recently stopped their subscription because it just isn’t worth it. The quality is good for only a couple of shaves and then drops off dramatically. We are swapping blade heads out ALL THE TIME so there is no value, just hassle. I would love to have a blade available that is less than store brand and also good value. Dollar Shave Club tried to do this but apparently you get what you pay for because they don’t last and the shave quality is poor after just a few uses. Not impressed.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I joined this club and the customer service was horrendous! Plus to learn with all the violence in the world toward Americans, businesses and law enforcement I learn they donate to the BLM. Subscription cancelled!

Dollar Shave Club Company Information