3.9/5 (213 ratings)

About Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

This company won’t let you cancel your membership. Not only do their razors suck. They hold you hostage. I couldn’t cancel so I took my billing info off the website and they are still consistently billing me every month. I had to cancel my debit card! RIDICULOUS!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

If you’re looking for a close shave don’t do Dollar shave club. The razors do not get close enough to the skin and you will cut yourself if you’re not careful. The Shea butter was horrible as well. I’ve never had an experience like this before when I have shave with Gillette in the process I go through when I want to clean cut. I wouldn’t waste your money on this experience as there’s better products out there for an affordable cost if you do your due diligence. Tell your friends cancel dollar shave club!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I have been using DSC for years. During that time my wife and I stockpiled many extra blades, so we stopped ordering them until about 3 weeks ago. We ordered 4 of their 6-blade razors and they came with a new handle, NOT like our other handles (The executive ones). The whole package is TRASH. The blades consistently fall off of the new handles and the “new” blades have torn my face up even when they are brand new. (Just happened tonight, I look like Freddy Krueger shaved my face!)

I have looked for their “original” executive blades and they do not sell them anymore!! I have found them on Amazon for around $1/blade (24 blades for almost $28.00). However, while I was on DSC’s website I saw their commitment page. I am sorry, I will NEVER support ANY company that supports a terrorist organization like BLM, and I am a POC (Native American) and MOST IMPORTANTLY a Veteran. BLM has destroyed many of our cities under the guise of “peaceful protest” while they burn and loot anything they can. So, DSC I am through with you and your substandard product and screwed up morals/values.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The razors are ok but easily dulled. Biggest problem is that it is impossible to cancel your account. I have tried to cancel my account for months now and all it does is buffer and does not let me actually cancel it. I cannot get a hold of anyone to help. I strongly recommend you avoid this company and product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Have been a customer for years but my password no longer works. I wanted to delay next auto-delivery but now want to cancel out of DSC completely. Tried over several days to get a passcode emailed to me but no response. Phone calls didn't work either. Nobody to talk to and auto disconnect on one of the options. Something about closing the office early and also something about being closed by government order. I had to call credit card company to get all future charges blocked (for the next 18 months at least - not really sure because of my failing ears and a non-English-first-language speaking person). Goodbye to Dollar Shave Club!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have tons of the blades, but lost my handle. I order a new handle on their site which said 4x. It makes it seem as if you are ordering 4 replacement handles. But they only shipped 1. Very, very deceptive. I know that I am not the only one that has been tricked by this deception. Plus it was 15$. I assumed for that, that I would be getting 4, NOT 1!!! Crooks.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had not used DSC for about 8 years. I placed an order and was excited to get the smooth shave. Wrong. I don’t have particularly rough beard. So when I tried my new blades I was sadly disappointed. After 3 day growth, I had to use 2 new blades to do the job. Absolutely terrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I ordered 2 handles and 6 blade. I received 2 handles and 2 blades. I have written twice to get some help. No answer. Guess call it a loss and move on. Lousy company, steer clear. Other reviews confirmed their bad customer service. I noticed they took the time to make a page supporting BLM. How about selling razors?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This brand is the only good while you are happy if you have any problem they don’t care, I have purchased a new handler, didn’t say anything about different Blades, now I found out that the blades that I had purchased for years do not match and they want don’t need to buy a new one, just a joke of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I’ve been a DSC member for many years. Noticed a negative change soon after Unilever took control. They changed the physical design of the blade unit structure for the obvious purpose of production economy. This change also precipitated a change in the handle and not in a good way. The trimmer blade is now useless. Any reasonable applied pressure while attempting to trim sideburns causes the blade unit to detach from the handle. The new handle is very flimsy, another victim of production economy. I’m going to try Harry’s blades, now, and hope for a better experience. So far, it would appear that Unilever hasn’t screwed up the non-blade products (e.g. Shave butter, etc.) but the jury is still out on that. Leave it up to a major corporate entity to wreck a formerly excellent product. Bye bye Unilever.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information