3.28/5

40 Dollar Shave Club Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I am so happy I found Dollar Shave Club! I am a very skeptical person when it comes to trying out new companies. I mean most of us, I assume, are the same "If it isn't broken why fix it" Right?! Well I was so tired of spending so much money on razor blades that you find at your local super center or grocery store. I stumbled upon Dollar Shave Club through a social media page and have been a raving fan ever since! The prices are reasonable and the products work great! I recently spoke with Dolores about a shipping issue (that had nothing to do on DSC side) and she sent out a new box WITH SOME EXTRA GOODIES. I wasn't expecting anything extra just a conversation to see what was going on and questions answered, but Dolores went above and beyond!

Products - 10/10
Customer Service - 10/10
Pricing - 10/10

Shipping - 9/10

Original review: July 10, 2018

I started off with Dollar Shave Club's free trial and ended up keeping it for a few month. I like that they are good value and pretty good quality. They are very convenient having their products shipped to you. I also like the selection of razors they have. The only thing that I don't like is that they don't give a good of shave as Gillette but Dollar Shave is cheaper than other name brand razors. I've tried the three razors Dollar Shave offers and I like the most expensive one the most because it was the best shave and I liked the edger too. But I canceled Dollar Shave for now since I'm stocked up on razors now, and haven't decided if I plan to sign back up with them the next time I need razors.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Love the brand. Very quality service and product. They bring me my razors monthly and I don't have to wait in lines at the store to get razors anymore. It's an amazing service and I wish more companies would follow their lead with this. Love the fact that it takes the guessing out of finding the right razors to shave with. They allow you the freedom to not be obligated to have to worry about going to a busy store to try and buy razors. But I would rather the products be a little higher quality. Some of the razors I've got in past have been less than satisfying, I've had some fall apart or break unexpectedly.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I like the brand and the price. They are very high quality and they work very good without breaking or getting dull easily and they always have a great money back guarantee with excellent customer service available. It's the cheapest and works the best for me. After I tried many razors these ones are the best and help me always get a great close shave. They are also very good at always getting known throughout their commercials. I would keep buying them as long as they do not drop in quality. But I think that there should be different plans for how many you need at the moment and how many you can get each month.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My adult son had used DSC and liked it. First one I tried and I've been very pleased. This was also the first brand that I heard advertising about. The commercials on tv were on point. The razor was not too expensive and it was well worth the bargain price each month not to need to remember to buy blades. Also, I like the convenience of not having to go to the store to hunt thru the display to decide what brand to buy. However, I would like more choices in the type and weight of the handles. Since my wife and I both use the razor with different handles, it would be nice to have different color handles too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: June 15, 2019

Dollar Shave Club products are good, but they start you out on a $1 pack of razors (not including the $2 shipping) and slowly increase the price. After 1 year, the price is now $2 for the same pack of razors. 100% increase after 1 year of service is not right!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have signed up on this so called $5.00 starter kit and $5.00 a month deal. Well, besides on false advertisement they have charged my account $39.60 without any authorization or whatsoever in my account. Contacted them and told them about the issue and was told I will get credited back. I waited a few days and still no credit. I contacted them again and said they said, "Sorry we dropped the ball," is the exact word and I still have the chat transcript. They are telling me to wait again a few days. I told them to cancel my membership and that I will be contacting my bank to reverse the unauthorized charges from this switch and bait scam. How can you charge anyone’s bank account without even telling you what the charges is for? This is no misunderstanding or error! It’s deliberate and intentional. Never again!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I’m a girl and I use the razor to shave my legs, so others may have different experiences than me. I got the Executive Razor handle and 5 blades along with other cool miscellaneous shaving stuff in the $5 signup package after a friend recommended it. Before signing up, I would use the same razor head/blade for months and never had any problems, but my friend said that was gross and I figured I’d try Dollar Shave Club. The packaging and arrival time was great, product looked nice, not cheap. But the first time I shaved I got like 5 different razor cuts and my legs itched horribly after I got out of the shower. I figured it was because the blade was new, but no.

Three razor blades later, every time I shave my legs, moments after getting out of the shower it feels like I’ve been bitten by a dozen mosquitos. I have to use itch cream after every shave because it’s intolerable. I used to look forward to the smooth shaved leg feeling and now I hate shaving. As of writing this review, I’m officially done with Dollar Shave Club. Their customer service is nice but the product just doesn’t work for me.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I am still waiting for a delivery although I was notified by email about two weeks ago. This is the second experience, the first one on a razor handle issue, which was eventually resolved. Please resolve current issue. Norman ** NY.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Been with them a few years. The razors are not that great, but a lot cheaper than store bought. However, due to multiple shipping issues, I found myself at the local CVS paying $20 for Gillette’s, because my shipment was lost. Kind of defeats the purpose. I would contact them and of course replacements would be sent, and received two weeks later. Obviously they are trying to save money instead of using a dependable carrier such as UPS or FedEx, but at the cost of on time deliveries. Cancelled today after receiving an email that my shipment was due for delivery on Monday (it's now Friday) - nowhere to be seen. Looked at the tracking and it's still in Kentucky, I'm in PA. Let's try Harry's. Ceeya!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I received two deliveries of the executive razor and blades. Personally I found the blades to be inferior to store bought Gillette. After the second delivery they said the price was going up by $1. On a $9 Order that’s too much. Who knows if it’s a planned increase after you sign up. Oh well. No loss to me, I cancelled and will watch my credit card to make sure they don’t keep charging me — read some reviews about that.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

After the 8 or so newsletter from Dollar Shave club, I couldn't take it anymore. I was sick of their sexual innuendos in each one. I just canceled my membership today after today's headline came in on "why do hotels make you **?" No thank you. I just wanted to purchase a good razor and blades without political statements-so what do I get? Sexual commentary with every single newsletter. No thank you. I would rather shave with a bowie knife than get their garbage in my inbox every month.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Started using DSC back in 2017. Their product is superior to any razor I’ve ever used. My monthly order was for the Executive Razors. At first, my order came on time without a hitch. I noticed a deterioration in their distribution towards the beginning of 2018. To me it seems the more popular their product became, the worse the service to get it to me became. In other words, I don’t believe the existing distribution process was able to keep up with demand of their product. Increasingly, my orders were late in arriving even though my CC was charged on time every time. I would email and chat but response was slow in coming. Once they did get back to me, three were apologetic and would send me replacements which would sometimes get lost too. This was causing me to go to the store to purchase razors until the razors I purchased from them would finally arrive.

My final dealings with them was last month. My order took nearly five weeks to get here from when they were supposed to get here. I went onto their webpage and figured out how to remove myself as a subscriber. As stated, I really like their product but their ability to keep up the distribution with their business model is dismal. I have read other reviews where other also faced the same problem. I’ll come back as a customer if they can solve the riddle of dependably getting their product to their customers. Until then, I’ll be stopping by the store to buy razors.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I used DSC from 7/2018 up until 1/2019. My first shipment came in fine, no issues. Ever since then every shipment was lost, they had to send out replacements which took up to 2 weeks to get here. Finally in January of 2019, my shipment didn't arrive, and they sent out a replacement. When the replacement didn't arrive, they sent another replacement. When the replacement for the replacement didn't show up I cancelled. If they would use another carrier rather than DHL, it would probably solve the problem. If you order in bulk, they ship via USPS first class. I cannot recommend this service, they were very unhelpful and unapologetic.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Order the $5 package from Dollar Shave Club which came and was fine then I see A-day after Christmas they charged me 26.43 for a package I never ordered. Had to call and go through PayPal to finally get a refund which has been a couple of days and I'm still waiting then I got $25 overdraft fee from my bank. Contacted Dollar Shave Club. Said, "Hey. Do you think you guys could cover this because you're the ones who caused it?" They said, "No" and told me two different stories. I have 2 different emails about, "We charged 2 weeks after a for the full" and then, "Oh. We only a month." Later just lies. I will never never order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

DSC totally unprepared for online Christmas shoppers. IF the products even actually arrive, it will be TWO+ weeks since ordered... even though the charge went through on the day the order was made. Speaking with customer "service" was of little help.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The razors were good quality but when I tried cancelling my subscription it was impossible. I kept sending emails with no response. They charged my credit card until I had to just cancel my CC. This is not acceptable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I was charged for a free one month trial after it showed free on the check out page and I received an email for the full price. Never in my whole online shopping through the years has this happened until now. Never again will I buy anything from this company!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I was a Dollar Shave Club member up to today, but the so-so blades and its lies to the members stating you can pause your deliveries as long as you want caused me to cancel and leave their club. The blades are just so-so, yes they are cheap but you use more than what they state you need, and they state you can pause your deliveries, which is not true. I tried following their instructions how to pause my deliveries, as I decided to grow a beard and did not need blades for quite a while as I have a lot on hand, and that pause feature is not there. I chatted with a representative named Chance and she said it was not possible and that I could only delay up to 6 months or cancel my membership. So I did cancel, I do not like being misled or what I call being lied to and just having mediocre blades which take me longer to shave, not worth their price. Will switch back to Harry's when ready.

Original review: July 6, 2018

The price is very cheap and I like it. And they provide you so many different types that it gives you a wide variety. It's easy to get because it comes in the mail. It's for the people who are too lazy to find the brand they are looking for. It has been a fun experience overall. But they could send better razors all together... ones with refill blades and more type of shaving.

Original review: July 5, 2018

This brand has been good to me. They send me a nice razor that works with three blades. It gets close enough without causing me any discomfort or razor burn. It's affordable and I don't have to leave my house because it's delivered to me for free shipping.

Original review: July 4, 2018

The price attracted me first and the delivery right to my home was second. Their products are always delivered in time. The handle is comfortable to hold and the replaceable cartridges are very good at producing a close shave with little to no irritation. The product is very durable and you can skip a delivery if you need to. The only improvement that I would suggest is to offer the handle in different colors for households with multiple product users. But other than that, Dollar Shave provides a much better experience than similar products.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The price is great, what you get for what you pay for cannot be overstated, get 5 blades a month for like 3 bucks is just a deal that really cannot be beat for sure. But I end up with more blades than I need, I constantly have to tell them to delay my order, like I get so many blades piled up and I wish you could just tell me when to tell you when I need them. It's been good experience, but finally I had to cancel it because every time I turned around I was like getting blades and I don't need that.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I subscribe to the Dollar Shave Club because it very convenient and very affordable. The razors are of high quality and I like the automatic delivery feature. The only thing I dislike is not enough products for women and also that the razors have to be shipped to you. If someone steals them from my doorstep would Dollar Shave Club replace them? But all and all it's been a positive experience. We really like this service. It's very useful. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I first tried Dollar Shave Club through an online offer at a discounted price and the advertising sounded straightforward and plausible. I believed it was possible to get a good shave at a better price than other more expensive brands. They are good sharp blade cartridges that do last a full week as advertised. And I found it to be a satisfactory razor. It has a lubricating strip for the blades, the handle is a good weight and it's very simple to change the blades.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Inexpensive and delivered using United States Post Office to my front door with a quality and fast paced world timely fashion that I would expect. This company knows what it is doing with its customer base and is trying to grow the base user to brand itself. However, I would add a much more moisturizing lotion to the shave experience in the Dollar Shave Club razor.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Having the Dollar Shave Club would provide me with a more reliable and more cost-effective way to provide myself with really good razors at an affordable price. Sometimes having 3 blades does not provide as much of a closer shave as one thinks so with more blades there would be more comfort. But I would improve on a gel like substance that would provide a clear smooth like substance. The shave itself should feel more and more like leaving behind a smoother surface of my face.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This brand provides the closest shave without the nicks and cuts that other brands sometimes leave me with. I just want a razor that does the job quickly, easily and efficiently. I don't need anything fancy, but want something that works and this does that. Only issue is I wish the brand was more frequently stocked in store shelves. Sometimes the brand isn't available in my store. Of all the major brands, this is the one most questionable regarding its availability.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Dollar Shave Club is an inexpensive razor that gives a good quality shave. The package includes four razors that work with the handle I purchased. I get my refills once every two months which works well with my shaving habits. I chose Dollar Shave Club because it had a promotion and I could try it before I bought it. I like to see if a product is a good fit for me before I spend money on it. I used to buy Gillette and Schick brands but found that they were way too expensive to own. However, I don't need the reading material that comes with the product. I think its unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the product.

Original review: June 24, 2018

They are ready to use Out of the box and shaves really clean and easy. They feel gentle in the skin and do not irritate my skin as I get really bad razor burn if I don't use quality razors. I've tried other ones but Dollar Shave Club is the best so far in my opinion. They also let me cancel or pause my subscription whenever I need to which is a huge help to me when I'm running low on cash. They are a little expensive and could be more affordable. I know they beat the competition but they are not the best quality razors in the world either. Also they should do Express shipping if I run out unexpectedly.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information