2.9/5 (102 ratings)

About Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I have been with DSC for years. Lately extra items are being place in my box that I have not order. I order one box of wipes and next thing is 6 extra wipes on my order. Only ordered one I'm sure and I live alone and nobody got access to my phone so what's going on? I was charged $44.00 instead of $18.00. This happened to me twice.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

My razor handle broke at clip so I could not use razor or blades. Tried to contact DSC, no chat available, no phone number. I've gotten the same message 6 times, "We have received your email, but presently all representatives are busy helping others."

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Box arrived half crushed. Shipping company put it in a trash bag. It was leaking so bad. Can’t get anyone to respond to email and no one available on chat. Has definitely gotten worse the last few years.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I had a gift card for DSC so I placed an introductory order. The shaving experience was extremely poor and I ended up with many cuts on my head. Use Gillette blades instead for a safer experience. TY.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I have been with Dollar Shave Club for many years. I always enjoyed the products and they always had great customer service. They always answered my problems. If I had any I heard they were bought out by another company. When that happened they drastically gone downhill I’m having issues with my account. They have never answered one of my emails, there is no way of getting a hold of anybody. The help page is basically worthless. Maybe they’re trying to get out of the mail order and just selling it in stores. I’m not sure. For about a month they say they’ve been having website difficulties. I have heard that the website is up and running. They’ll be more than happy to take your credit card and possibly send supplies but I’ve been having issues and there’s no one to talk to and they absolutely will not answer their emails. If they don’t get their crap together they’re done.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I was buying their blades for a few years and as long as my monthly shipment showed up (which it usually did), everything was fine. Both times that my blades didn't show up, which was spread out about maybe a year apart, it was hell getting them to send me replacement blades. After the second time when I finally got the replacements, is when I stopped subscribing. The blades weren't anything special and definitely not worth the stress and aggravation of having to deal with them if a monthly shipment didn't show up. I would rather just go to the store and buy them, or find a rough equivalent on Amazon for zero hassle.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I've been a member almost since the beginning. For the past year I started noticing things were off, blades were falling off the handle and dull blades. I just got a notice about a charge for an order that I wasn't notified was coming! I've always gotten a notice in case I wanted to change something. I also just noticed the price has gone up several dollars this year... Since winter is coming I adjust how often I get blades so I went to the website to find no website... then I found all these complaints with dull blades and blades falling off while shaving! I thought it was just me! I think I'm going to check out Harry's... Really disappointed with the direction of Dollar Shave this past year and the price increase for lower quality... Shame shame shame Dollar Shave...

I can get blades at the drug store that will give me the same razor burn your blades do now. I have always had rave reviews for Dollar Shave... Now I've found you've sold out and the new management is cutting quality and raising costs... If your website isn't up soon for me to cancel my subscription I'll notify my credit card company to no longer accept charges from you. I'm so disappointed, I would have used you for life if you hadn't gotten cheap on the quality. Greed ruins everything...

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Unfortunately, I ordered a "first timer" package from DSC. I ordered just enough to get free shipping. At checkout, they tagged me with a $.90 "handsome discount" which was just enough for me to have to pay for shipping. I looked for a customer service phone number. The only number I found (after having to Google to find one) was for an answering machine with no customer service agents to help. The only way to get in touch with DSC is via text or email, neither of which I got an answer to. My credit card was charged, so I had to dispute that. Then after waiting 11 days for my package to arrive, I found out it was never sent according to USPS.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Terrible. Took 6 days to get my package. When I got it, order was wrong. I looked up the customer service number to call. Turns out you can't speak to someone... Even though they put on their site that customer service is open until 6pm today. I read other reviews and their all bad. This is s DOG** company. 1st and last time I'll order from them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I'm a returning customer of Dollar Shave Club. My first purchase was back in 2015. Back then, their blades were made with quality material and they were durable! However, I got my box and noticed they have new shaver blades and handles. Both are completely changed. Let me start with the blades. After a few shaves, I was gently holding the handlebar and tapped it a couple of times into the sink, and then the upper soft soapy material popped out! ( Wow!) This never happened with the 2015 versions.

So now the handlebar. It doesn't feel as good as the older version. It feels like it's made out of plastic. The older ones were made with metal or heavier material. So my overall experience with the new version of the razors and handlebars is that I am very disappointed and I will not order the blades or the handlebars. FYI, the Shave Buttercream and the other creams they have it's pretty good though. That's the only thing I like about them now. Just their shaving creams.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information