4.28/5
Based on 25 reviews that contain star ratings

25 Dollar Shave Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

I started off with Dollar Shave Club's free trial and ended up keeping it for a few month. I like that they are good value and pretty good quality. They are very convenient having their products shipped to you. I also like the selection of razors they have. The only thing that I don't like is that they don't give a good of shave as Gillette but Dollar Shave is cheaper than other name brand razors. I've tried the three razors Dollar Shave offers and I like the most expensive one the most because it was the best shave and I liked the edger too. But I canceled Dollar Shave for now since I'm stocked up on razors now, and haven't decided if I plan to sign back up with them the next time I need razors.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Love the brand. Very quality service and product. They bring me my razors monthly and I don't have to wait in lines at the store to get razors anymore. It's an amazing service and I wish more companies would follow their lead with this. Love the fact that it takes the guessing out of finding the right razors to shave with. They allow you the freedom to not be obligated to have to worry about going to a busy store to try and buy razors. But I would rather the products be a little higher quality. Some of the razors I've got in past have been less than satisfying, I've had some fall apart or break unexpectedly.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2018

The price is very cheap and I like it. And they provide you so many different types that it gives you a wide variety. It's easy to get because it comes in the mail. It's for the people who are too lazy to find the brand they are looking for. It has been a fun experience overall. But they could send better razors all together... ones with refill blades and more type of shaving.

Original review: July 5, 2018

This brand has been good to me. They send me a nice razor that works with three blades. It gets close enough without causing me any discomfort or razor burn. It's affordable and I don't have to leave my house because it's delivered to me for free shipping.

Original review: July 4, 2018

The price attracted me first and the delivery right to my home was second. Their products are always delivered in time. The handle is comfortable to hold and the replaceable cartridges are very good at producing a close shave with little to no irritation. The product is very durable and you can skip a delivery if you need to. The only improvement that I would suggest is to offer the handle in different colors for households with multiple product users. But other than that, Dollar Shave provides a much better experience than similar products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: July 3, 2018

The price is great, what you get for what you pay for cannot be overstated, get 5 blades a month for like 3 bucks is just a deal that really cannot be beat for sure. But I end up with more blades than I need, I constantly have to tell them to delay my order, like I get so many blades piled up and I wish you could just tell me when to tell you when I need them. It's been good experience, but finally I had to cancel it because every time I turned around I was like getting blades and I don't need that.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I subscribe to the Dollar Shave Club because it very convenient and very affordable. The razors are of high quality and I like the automatic delivery feature. The only thing I dislike is not enough products for women and also that the razors have to be shipped to you. If someone steals them from my doorstep would Dollar Shave Club replace them? But all and all it's been a positive experience. We really like this service. It's very useful. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I first tried Dollar Shave Club through an online offer at a discounted price and the advertising sounded straightforward and plausible. I believed it was possible to get a good shave at a better price than other more expensive brands. They are good sharp blade cartridges that do last a full week as advertised. And I found it to be a satisfactory razor. It has a lubricating strip for the blades, the handle is a good weight and it's very simple to change the blades.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I like the brand and the price. They are very high quality and they work very good without breaking or getting dull easily and they always have a great money back guarantee with excellent customer service available. It's the cheapest and works the best for me. After I tried many razors these ones are the best and help me always get a great close shave. They are also very good at always getting known throughout their commercials. I would keep buying them as long as they do not drop in quality. But I think that there should be different plans for how many you need at the moment and how many you can get each month.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Inexpensive and delivered using United States Post Office to my front door with a quality and fast paced world timely fashion that I would expect. This company knows what it is doing with its customer base and is trying to grow the base user to brand itself. However, I would add a much more moisturizing lotion to the shave experience in the Dollar Shave Club razor.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My adult son had used DSC and liked it. First one I tried and I've been very pleased. This was also the first brand that I heard advertising about. The commercials on tv were on point. The razor was not too expensive and it was well worth the bargain price each month not to need to remember to buy blades. Also, I like the convenience of not having to go to the store to hunt thru the display to decide what brand to buy. However, I would like more choices in the type and weight of the handles. Since my wife and I both use the razor with different handles, it would be nice to have different color handles too.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Having the Dollar Shave Club would provide me with a more reliable and more cost-effective way to provide myself with really good razors at an affordable price. Sometimes having 3 blades does not provide as much of a closer shave as one thinks so with more blades there would be more comfort. But I would improve on a gel like substance that would provide a clear smooth like substance. The shave itself should feel more and more like leaving behind a smoother surface of my face.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This brand provides the closest shave without the nicks and cuts that other brands sometimes leave me with. I just want a razor that does the job quickly, easily and efficiently. I don't need anything fancy, but want something that works and this does that. Only issue is I wish the brand was more frequently stocked in store shelves. Sometimes the brand isn't available in my store. Of all the major brands, this is the one most questionable regarding its availability.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Dollar Shave Club is an inexpensive razor that gives a good quality shave. The package includes four razors that work with the handle I purchased. I get my refills once every two months which works well with my shaving habits. I chose Dollar Shave Club because it had a promotion and I could try it before I bought it. I like to see if a product is a good fit for me before I spend money on it. I used to buy Gillette and Schick brands but found that they were way too expensive to own. However, I don't need the reading material that comes with the product. I think its unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the product.

Original review: June 24, 2018

They are ready to use Out of the box and shaves really clean and easy. They feel gentle in the skin and do not irritate my skin as I get really bad razor burn if I don't use quality razors. I've tried other ones but Dollar Shave Club is the best so far in my opinion. They also let me cancel or pause my subscription whenever I need to which is a huge help to me when I'm running low on cash. They are a little expensive and could be more affordable. I know they beat the competition but they are not the best quality razors in the world either. Also they should do Express shipping if I run out unexpectedly.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I like this brand because offer quality razors at a very cheap and reasonable price. They have always sent me great razors and I've never had any trouble with them. They also include plenty of razors so I dont run out.

Original review: June 22, 2018

It's easy and convenient. Going to the store for razors is a pain. You have to remember which kind of razor you have and what kind of blades you need. Dollar Shave Club is a bit more expensive than certain store bought razors. But you are paying the additional premium for the convenience. They have always been shipped at the current time as well, which is great. I love the brand. It's worth the price. The razors and blades are of a good quality too. I never have low quality blades.

Original review: June 19, 2018

They always have high-quality razors at a good price. I've never had any problems with shipping or ordering either. Plus, the razors are really sharp and seem like it takes a really long time for them to dull. The customer service is awesome as well. They are a really good company and everyone should give it a try. I just wish they had some more logos on the box or maybe catalog inside the box.

Original review: June 18, 2018

There was a promotion that caught my attention along with I did not have a go-to razor brand. And it was worth it. The razor itself is a sleek design, easy to use and feels good in the hand and they provide a close shave. They also deliver the razors on time. I am a happy camper.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I saw an ad for it and saw that I can save a lot of money from getting monthly razors than constantly buying. I like that they constantly update you when your order is about to ship and when it arrives. Also, they give you free samples with your first order. You get a good price for your first box and the continuous monthly shipments are also priced very well. I like everything about this brand. DSC is worth the purchase.

Original review: June 16, 2018

There was a Dollar Shave Club promotion I took advantage of. But after the promotion I realized the program was very flexible and affordable. You can cancel or reschedule anytime. The razors are very sharp and there's different razors to choose from. The monthly plans are affordable. The product is conveniently delivered to your home. One is prone to nicks and cuts though. The face care products are feminine scents and low quality. At the same time no female razor options.

Original review: June 15, 2018

They have great razors at great prices and they have great customer service representatives that can take care of all of your needs and keep you in the black with razors of your choice. But I wish that they offered electric razors that I could use on my face instead of the regular razors that they like to send you in the mail when you purchase a subscription. Nevertheless, I love the way the razors come in the mail and how you can use them and then you can request more at a low price and I like the way the subscription service works.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Dollar seemed like good value so I wanted to try it. So far for the price paid, this has more than lived up to expectations. The razors are high quality and provide a very close and comfortable shave. I liked that the razor offered had 3 blades. This number of blades offers the closest shave without irritation of the skin. I also like that the head pivots to shave along the curvature of my face, especially on hard-to-get areas. The one thing that could use improvement is the comfort of gripping the handle. As is, the handle is very slick but perhaps adding some rubber-like texture could improve the grip.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The service was very convenient and easy to use. The razors themselves were good quality but were a little pricey as compared to buying in bluk at a club store. I wish I had more control over ordering instead of just automatic reorder. Just did not need that many razors from the automatic reorder process. I tend to stretch how often I change razors to save money. I would expect to save money using this kind of service. Overall, the Dollar Shave Club was fine. I did like the razors though and I am very glad I tried the service

Original review: June 12, 2018

The most important feature is ease to get product through ordering and delivery through the mail and ease of always having them on hand and never running out. However, the quality is not the best. The shave is decent though it is not the closest or the most comfortable on the market. But the blade is safe and I have not cut myself yet and they last more than one and done as opposed to other disposable shavers. I will probably continue to order and purchase Dollar. I'm satisfied overall and I have recommended them to my friends.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information