2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (135 ratings)

About Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Have been a customer for years but my password no longer works. I wanted to delay next auto-delivery but now want to cancel out of DSC completely. Tried over several days to get a passcode emailed to me but no response. Phone calls didn't work either. Nobody to talk to and auto disconnect on one of the options. Something about closing the office early and also something about being closed by government order. I had to call credit card company to get all future charges blocked (for the next 18 months at least - not really sure because of my failing ears and a non-English-first-language speaking person). Goodbye to Dollar Shave Club!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have tons of the blades, but lost my handle. I order a new handle on their site which said 4x. It makes it seem as if you are ordering 4 replacement handles. But they only shipped 1. Very, very deceptive. I know that I am not the only one that has been tricked by this deception. Plus it was 15$. I assumed for that, that I would be getting 4, NOT 1!!! Crooks.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had not used DSC for about 8 years. I placed an order and was excited to get the smooth shave. Wrong. I don’t have particularly rough beard. So when I tried my new blades I was sadly disappointed. After 3 day growth, I had to use 2 new blades to do the job. Absolutely terrible!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I ordered 2 handles and 6 blade. I received 2 handles and 2 blades. I have written twice to get some help. No answer. Guess call it a loss and move on. Lousy company, steer clear. Other reviews confirmed their bad customer service. I noticed they took the time to make a page supporting BLM. How about selling razors?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This brand is the only good while you are happy if you have any problem they don’t care, I have purchased a new handler, didn’t say anything about different Blades, now I found out that the blades that I had purchased for years do not match and they want don’t need to buy a new one, just a joke of customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I’ve been a DSC member for many years. Noticed a negative change soon after Unilever took control. They changed the physical design of the blade unit structure for the obvious purpose of production economy. This change also precipitated a change in the handle and not in a good way. The trimmer blade is now useless. Any reasonable applied pressure while attempting to trim sideburns causes the blade unit to detach from the handle. The new handle is very flimsy, another victim of production economy. I’m going to try Harry’s blades, now, and hope for a better experience. So far, it would appear that Unilever hasn’t screwed up the non-blade products (e.g. Shave butter, etc.) but the jury is still out on that. Leave it up to a major corporate entity to wreck a formerly excellent product. Bye bye Unilever.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Tried thru chat but realized a fake person was chatting back. No phone number to call and cancel. Husband died July 6th and tried to contact but very difficult. Very disappointed. Still got a shipment today.

Original review: April 18, 2021

Title says it all. It's not that cheap if every blade only gets 2 uses. I get 10-15 shaves out of CVS brand Gillette knockoffs, which are about $15 for a box of 4. So I get about 50 shaves for $15 from CVS or 8 shaves for $8 from Dollar Shave Club. Avoid.

Original review: March 21, 2021

I got billed by DSC for $22 for something I have never received. I went to my Account and had to do a search of FAQ's to find the "Membership settings" tab. I selected "Cancel Membership" and the link wouldn't work. I then tried to contact them but there was no way to do it, I was just going around and around. I did a Google search and got a phone number. That was a recording that told me no one was going to answer and to email 'Support@dollarshaveclub.com'. I got an automated reply with the FAQ's again. How on earth do you contact this company? How do I stop them billing me?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Name says it all. You get what you pay for and if it were only a dollar it would be too much. I wasted that money because I am going to throw it away and buy something else. The only time I have ever had a worse shave was when I forgot my razor and had to use a disposable from a hotel. Don't waste your money!!!

Dollar Shave Club Company Information