3.7/5 (196 ratings)

About Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dollar Shave Club?

Original review: May 3, 2022

I have been a member of DSC since 2015. Recently, they redesigned the razor & handle. One suspects the new designed saved $.01 per cartridge. The result is a razor that is difficult to get on the handle, but comes off easily during your shave. Now, shaving is an ordeal of having the cartridge detach every other stroke, followed by several attempts to reattach it to the handle. I have had enough. I have cancelled future orders and will find a new supplier. It's a shame their basic product became such a failure, as I enjoyed several of their other products.

Original review: May 2, 2022

A few months ago, I had received my usual package from DSC. But because they went with a different “new” razor style, they had sent a new handle to use along with my order of blades. I was excited because the new handle looked and felt awesome in my hands. But that’s about all. Finally a better grip than the white one. Unfortunately that’s all. The new blades are crappy. Brand new cartridge and it ripped open my legs & under arms. Took several passes to get the hair. And then of course I’d start bleeding. The blades also clogged up super easy, and I was constantly trying to rinse them, so I wouldn’t be stuck bleeding. I figured it was just a dud blade but after another unfortunate experience, I’ll be canceling DSC now. I never asked to change my razor style or blades. I personally prefer the 4 blades.

Handle is great, blades not. Pros: dark handle with great grip. Cons: 6 blades ARE NOT better than 4. Clogs after 1 pass. Multiple cuts.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I was a 3 year member, my handle broke, no customer service to contact and the robot chatter was no help. I have a stock pile of blades so I ordered a new handle, and they sent the wrong handle, knowing what type of blades I have. Took a chance and ordered another handle, same thing another wrong handle. Canceled my subscription and I’m stuck with all of these blades! Their site boasts member of the BBB, and I can’t believe the BBB would endorse this company. No customer service and they don’t care about the service they give. Seems more like a basement or garage-based outfit. It’s not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I ordered blades from DSC. When they showed up I noticed they didn't fit my handle. I sent an email to them and they told me that they don't take returns and I would need to order a new handle. Seems like a scam since they can see what blades I use.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

This company won’t let you cancel your membership. Not only do their razors suck. They hold you hostage. I couldn’t cancel so I took my billing info off the website and they are still consistently billing me every month. I had to cancel my debit card! RIDICULOUS!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

If you’re looking for a close shave don’t do Dollar shave club. The razors do not get close enough to the skin and you will cut yourself if you’re not careful. The Shea butter was horrible as well. I’ve never had an experience like this before when I have shave with Gillette in the process I go through when I want to clean cut. I wouldn’t waste your money on this experience as there’s better products out there for an affordable cost if you do your due diligence. Tell your friends cancel dollar shave club!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I have been using DSC for years. During that time my wife and I stockpiled many extra blades, so we stopped ordering them until about 3 weeks ago. We ordered 4 of their 6-blade razors and they came with a new handle, NOT like our other handles (The executive ones). The whole package is TRASH. The blades consistently fall off of the new handles and the “new” blades have torn my face up even when they are brand new. (Just happened tonight, I look like Freddy Krueger shaved my face!)

I have looked for their “original” executive blades and they do not sell them anymore!! I have found them on Amazon for around $1/blade (24 blades for almost $28.00). However, while I was on DSC’s website I saw their commitment page. I am sorry, I will NEVER support ANY company that supports a terrorist organization like BLM, and I am a POC (Native American) and MOST IMPORTANTLY a Veteran. BLM has destroyed many of our cities under the guise of “peaceful protest” while they burn and loot anything they can. So, DSC I am through with you and your substandard product and screwed up morals/values.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The razors are ok but easily dulled. Biggest problem is that it is impossible to cancel your account. I have tried to cancel my account for months now and all it does is buffer and does not let me actually cancel it. I cannot get a hold of anyone to help. I strongly recommend you avoid this company and product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Have been a customer for years but my password no longer works. I wanted to delay next auto-delivery but now want to cancel out of DSC completely. Tried over several days to get a passcode emailed to me but no response. Phone calls didn't work either. Nobody to talk to and auto disconnect on one of the options. Something about closing the office early and also something about being closed by government order. I had to call credit card company to get all future charges blocked (for the next 18 months at least - not really sure because of my failing ears and a non-English-first-language speaking person). Goodbye to Dollar Shave Club!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have tons of the blades, but lost my handle. I order a new handle on their site which said 4x. It makes it seem as if you are ordering 4 replacement handles. But they only shipped 1. Very, very deceptive. I know that I am not the only one that has been tricked by this deception. Plus it was 15$. I assumed for that, that I would be getting 4, NOT 1!!! Crooks.

Dollar Shave Club Company Information