2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.50/5

Century Hearing Aids is a U.S. company offering three models of hearing aids, all backed by a warranty and a free return policy. It also repairs all brands of hearing aids. It doesn’t require customers to provide an audiogram before purchase, but it can program some of its models based on your hearing test.

BOTTOM LINE

Century Hearing Aids is a veteran-owned company offering products for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It only has three devices, but its hearing aids are comparatively affordable and backed by a warranty.

PROS
  • Relatively low prices
  • Free shipping
  • Free returns
  • One-year warranty
CONS
  • Doesn’t take insurance
  • Limited selection

Top Century Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Hearing Aids?

After using traditional hearing aid providers, paying thousands of $$, and not being satisfied, I decided to try Century. ... My aids work better and have all the same functions as my last pair at about 25% of the cost. I also have experienced good service when I have a question or a problem.

They're an amazing company. ... They have proven to be equal to my previous "name brand" in the canal aids. ... I would rate my experience with Century Hearing Aids as very good: 5 stars!

What is Century Hearing Aids?

Century Hearing Aids is a New Jersey-based company that offers three hearing devices and a handful of accessories at deep discounts. Its hearing devices include one in-the-ear hearing aid and two behind-the-ear hearing aids.

All devices are eligible for a 30-day trial as well as a two-year warranty. You don’t need to provide hearing test results, and all Century Hearing Aids come with a free lifetime service plan that includes programming, adjustment and cleaning. Century Hearing Aids refunds customers 100% of their purchase amount within two to three business days of receiving their returns.

How does Century Hearing Aids work?

Although Century Hearing Aids recommends customers see a physician about their hearing loss before buying, there is no exam necessary, and you can purchase directly from its website without seeing an audiologist.

You can choose from three devices:

• The Rosebud Premium Completely in the Canal is worn inside your ear. It comes with four preprogrammed settings and 12-band, two-channel processing.
    • The Premium Choice Digital Hearing Aid is a behind-the-ear model with four program settings. This model is also referred to as the Best Ear Basic on the company’s website.
    • The Best Ear Pro with Directional Microphones Hearing Aids model is also worn behind your ear, but its directional microphone allows for automatic noise reduction.

If you don’t like the hearing aid within 30 days of purchase, you can return it for a full refund. If you decide to keep the product, a lifetime service plan is included to help you with programming, adjusting and cleaning the hearing aid. All hearing aid products also have at least a one-year manufacturer’s warranty in case the device has any defects or quits working.

Century Hearing Aids cost

Century Hearing Aids’ products range from $399 to $599 per ear:

• The Rosebud Premium Completely in the Canal is the cheapest option at $399 per ear.
    • The Premium Choice Digital Hearing Aid, which is the company’s most popular product, costs $499 per ear.
    • The Best Ear Pro with Directional Microphones Hearing Aids model is the most expensive of the three at $599 per ear.

All Century Hearing Aids products, including accessories, come with free shipping. Veterans should check with the Department of Veterans Affairs before making a purchase — they might be eligible for free Century hearing aids. The company also offers a 10% discount to veterans, active-duty military personnel and retired military personnel.

Century Hearing Aids FAQ

Will my insurance cover my Century hearing aid?
    No, health insurance generally does not cover hearing aids. However, military veterans can potentially get free Century hearing aids through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
    Do Century hearing aids help with tinnitus?
    While hearing aids cannot cure tinnitus, they may help manage some symptoms, according to the American Tinnitus Association. If you have tinnitus, Century Hearing Aids recommends using products that feature manual volume control.
    Is there a Century Hearing Aids mobile app?
    There is no Century Hearing Aids mobile app at the time of publishing. Beyond the hearing aid itself, you do not need any additional technology to operate Century’s hearing aids.
    Do I need to get a fitting to buy a Century Hearing Aids device?
    While Century encourages all its customers to see a trained physician about their hearing loss, no exam or fitting is necessary for purchase.

Do we recommend Century Hearing Aids?

Though Century Hearing Aids currently has a limited selection, its offerings are relatively affordable, and it has several customer-friendly policies. All its hearing aids have a manufacturer’s warranty, and Century Hearing Aids offers free shipping on all products. If you don’t like your purchase, Century Hearing Aids allows returns on its devices, though time frames vary. If you’re looking for an affordable hearing aid, Century Hearing Aids might be worth considering.

Century Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Hearing Aids?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I sent an aid for repair. It turned out to just need a new receiver, which would have been a $49 DIY fix if I had had the right information- my bad. So I was charged $199 to have a replacement receiver popped in and $125 for the receiver. The communication was confused from the start, and after sending it in for repair I had to follow up after not hearing anything from Century. I was told that they were waiting for a part, which was astonishing after they finally told me it was a receiver I could have instantly bought on eBay. If they had been upfront about what was going on, I could have asked for it to be returned. So it took weeks to get the aid back.

I had also sent with the aid, at their request, an extra working, intact receiver in case they could use it. That wasn't the case, but when I finally got the shipment back from them, it was snapped in two. Meaning I couldn't return it for credit from another seller now that it wasn't needed. Despite many calls, sending emails, receipts and photos documenting the process, it's taken weeks for them to deny everything and finally refuse to take responsibility and reimburse me for the broken receiver. I plan on contacting my credit card company. My experience with Century was awful and needlessly expensive.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am quite pleased with my over the ear hearing aids from Century Hearing Aids. They came in less than a week after sending in my audiogram. The hearing aids work very well after a little experimenting with the various channels. Also when I had a question concerning my new hearing aids it was answered via email in under 24 hours. I have had hearing aids that cost thousands more than these and I do not see any difference in performance. I would recommend to anyone needing hearing aids that they give these a try.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
      Original review: March 16, 2017

I ordered some accessories. They double billed me and when I called them they corrected it. The billing came from one of their affiliated companies. Then Century billed me $24.00. When I called them they said the credit was issued. After weeks I called them again and they said they had just issued it. Two conflicting stories and no explanation. To date that credit never showed up. They say it was issued against my debit card but Bank of America never received it. Therefore I did not receive it.

When I emailed them on numerous times asking for help they just say "we issued the credit." Jon ** is the person I have been emailing and he would not give me his telephone number so the bank could call him and verify the credit was never received. He ignores my last few emails and is absolutely no help. I don't understand a company that will not assist. Simply saying "we issued the credit" is non-responsive. It is only $24.00 but it demonstrates their lack of professionalism and I don't allow anyone to take even $1.00 from me. I pay what I owe always and expect to be paid what is owed to me.

Original review: March 8, 2017

They're an amazing company. I bought a pair of Rosebud Ready to Wear in the canal hearing aids with which I have been completely satisfied. They have proven to be equal to my previous "name brand" in the canal aids (which required making molds of each ear and several trips back and forth to the provider for fitting and adjusting) at a cost of nearly three times more than yours. Your customer service is also excellent. I would rate my experience with Century Hearing Aids as very good: 5 stars!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have been using Century Hearing Aids for over three years. Fast courteous service when ordering supplies. Had a malfunction with a unit. A replacement was immediately sent, no questions asked. Good company to do business with. I feel this is a well managed company with good personnel staffing it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

The original owner sold the company and no longer works there. They don't honor the deals he made previously, and sent an email asking for a experience with the promise of a free night hotel stay. Well, the product was originally good and the service ok but the new ownership is questionable. The free night stay wasn't free! I'd research carefully before using this company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My experience with Jon @ Century Hearing was one for the books! I was shocked to find out what the cost of a behind the ear hearing aid was going to be from my Audiologist. This wasn't turning into a good value for my problem. When I went online to search other options, I noticed a small ad for Century Hearing. Finding out that the business was in Tucson and not a giant corporate entity, I investigated their offerings more completely. The prices were so much more reasonable for the type of device I required so, I decided to call. Jon ** was so very patient and informative and I felt very at ease discussing my other experiences.

That being said; I emailed Jon my audiogram, he analyzed which device would be best for my type of hearing loss and 3 days later I was test "driving" my Zylo 4 behind the ear "open fit" hearing aids. Here's the deal: if you have hearing loss, please do something about it. If you have unlimited funds and don't mind paying for advertising, marketing, real estate and staffing, by all means go see your audiologist. If you want a hassle-free experience from a trustworthy, young entrepreneur; call Jon @ Century Hearing! That simple. Tell him Bob sent you!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Only issue (not really one) is that your screen to type in Name, Address, etc etc. is not in the order that people expect. It also would be nice if City and State are automatically filled in when you enter zip code. These are minor but it is amazing how much a user considers that far and above the norm.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I ordered batteries online. It was to be free shipping 3 to 7 business days. It was free shipping but I had to follow up online chat and then either e-mail or call to get my order. It was a lot longer than 3 to 7 business days. I also had a hearing aid repaired on a different order number. It again seemed to be a little too long.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Products and service is top notch. Jon is great. They keep in touch with their customers emails, news, etc. Good pricing which is very important. Could not ask for more. No reason for me to go any place else. Thank you Century Hearing Aids. Life has sound again.

Century Hearing Aids Company Information