2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.50/5

People who are in need of hearing aids are faced with a huge problem; audiologists charging thousands of dollars for hearing aids -- some companies charging $6000--$8000 a pair. We did not see how people could afford to spend thousands of dollars on hearing aids, especially when they are in their retirement years.

We founded Century Hearing Aids to provide tremendous savings to customers while providing the highest quality hearing aids. We sell Private Labeled Hearing Aids from the best hearing aid manufacturers in the world. Our hearing aids offer the same digital technology and features of a $2000+ hearing aid - for 50 to 75% less. We stand behind the quality of the products we sell. We carry Open Fit, Behind the Ear and In the Ear hearing aids.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Century Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Hearing Aids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Hearing Aids?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I sent an aid for repair. It turned out to just need a new receiver, which would have been a $49 DIY fix if I had had the right information- my bad. So I was charged $199 to have a replacement receiver popped in and $125 for the receiver. The communication was confused from the start, and after sending it in for repair I had to follow up after not hearing anything from Century. I was told that they were waiting for a part, which was astonishing after they finally told me it was a receiver I could have instantly bought on eBay. If they had been upfront about what was going on, I could have asked for it to be returned. So it took weeks to get the aid back.

I had also sent with the aid, at their request, an extra working, intact receiver in case they could use it. That wasn't the case, but when I finally got the shipment back from them, it was snapped in two. Meaning I couldn't return it for credit from another seller now that it wasn't needed. Despite many calls, sending emails, receipts and photos documenting the process, it's taken weeks for them to deny everything and finally refuse to take responsibility and reimburse me for the broken receiver. I plan on contacting my credit card company. My experience with Century was awful and needlessly expensive.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I am quite pleased with my over the ear hearing aids from Century Hearing Aids. They came in less than a week after sending in my audiogram. The hearing aids work very well after a little experimenting with the various channels. Also when I had a question concerning my new hearing aids it was answered via email in under 24 hours. I have had hearing aids that cost thousands more than these and I do not see any difference in performance. I would recommend to anyone needing hearing aids that they give these a try.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
      Original review: March 16, 2017

I ordered some accessories. They double billed me and when I called them they corrected it. The billing came from one of their affiliated companies. Then Century billed me $24.00. When I called them they said the credit was issued. After weeks I called them again and they said they had just issued it. Two conflicting stories and no explanation. To date that credit never showed up. They say it was issued against my debit card but Bank of America never received it. Therefore I did not receive it.

When I emailed them on numerous times asking for help they just say "we issued the credit." Jon ** is the person I have been emailing and he would not give me his telephone number so the bank could call him and verify the credit was never received. He ignores my last few emails and is absolutely no help. I don't understand a company that will not assist. Simply saying "we issued the credit" is non-responsive. It is only $24.00 but it demonstrates their lack of professionalism and I don't allow anyone to take even $1.00 from me. I pay what I owe always and expect to be paid what is owed to me.

Original review: March 8, 2017

They're an amazing company. I bought a pair of Rosebud Ready to Wear in the canal hearing aids with which I have been completely satisfied. They have proven to be equal to my previous "name brand" in the canal aids (which required making molds of each ear and several trips back and forth to the provider for fitting and adjusting) at a cost of nearly three times more than yours. Your customer service is also excellent. I would rate my experience with Century Hearing Aids as very good: 5 stars!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have been using Century Hearing Aids for over three years. Fast courteous service when ordering supplies. Had a malfunction with a unit. A replacement was immediately sent, no questions asked. Good company to do business with. I feel this is a well managed company with good personnel staffing it.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

The original owner sold the company and no longer works there. They don't honor the deals he made previously, and sent an email asking for a experience with the promise of a free night hotel stay. Well, the product was originally good and the service ok but the new ownership is questionable. The free night stay wasn't free! I'd research carefully before using this company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

My experience with Jon @ Century Hearing was one for the books! I was shocked to find out what the cost of a behind the ear hearing aid was going to be from my Audiologist. This wasn't turning into a good value for my problem. When I went online to search other options, I noticed a small ad for Century Hearing. Finding out that the business was in Tucson and not a giant corporate entity, I investigated their offerings more completely. The prices were so much more reasonable for the type of device I required so, I decided to call. Jon ** was so very patient and informative and I felt very at ease discussing my other experiences.

That being said; I emailed Jon my audiogram, he analyzed which device would be best for my type of hearing loss and 3 days later I was test "driving" my Zylo 4 behind the ear "open fit" hearing aids. Here's the deal: if you have hearing loss, please do something about it. If you have unlimited funds and don't mind paying for advertising, marketing, real estate and staffing, by all means go see your audiologist. If you want a hassle-free experience from a trustworthy, young entrepreneur; call Jon @ Century Hearing! That simple. Tell him Bob sent you!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Only issue (not really one) is that your screen to type in Name, Address, etc etc. is not in the order that people expect. It also would be nice if City and State are automatically filled in when you enter zip code. These are minor but it is amazing how much a user considers that far and above the norm.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I ordered batteries online. It was to be free shipping 3 to 7 business days. It was free shipping but I had to follow up online chat and then either e-mail or call to get my order. It was a lot longer than 3 to 7 business days. I also had a hearing aid repaired on a different order number. It again seemed to be a little too long.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Products and service is top notch. Jon is great. They keep in touch with their customers emails, news, etc. Good pricing which is very important. Could not ask for more. No reason for me to go any place else. Thank you Century Hearing Aids. Life has sound again.

Century Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Users can adjust all hearing aid settings using the Eargo mobile app. Each model is rechargeable with the included charging station. Flexi fibers ensure a proper fit, making the listening experience more comfortable and clear. Up to four sound profiles are available.

• Products: Century Hearing Aids has one in-the-ear model and two behind-the-ear models. Each has basic hearing technology, but the Ear Pro has directional microphones for increased noise reduction in loud environments. Batteries, tubes, sleeves and other accessories are available, as well.

• Features: Each of the company’s three hearing aid models comes with 12-band processors and two channels, allowing you to customize frequencies and intensity. The in-the-ear model comes with a wax barrier and a low battery indicator. Some styles include four preprogrammed memories.

• Trial and warranty: Century Hearing Aids offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, along with free return shipping and a one-year warranty on any hearing aid.

• Locations: There are no physical Century Hearing Aids locations. Customers can purchase hearing aids online or speak to representatives by phone, email or chat.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Century Hearing Aids Company Information