toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been very happy with the Hearing Aids purchased from Century Hearing Aids. It took a couple of days to adjust to all the different settings, but once figured out, I have to say they are better than the original Aids which were 4 times the price. I would buy again when I need new ones.

I cannot tell you how much I will miss Jon. We have been minding my hearing loss together for the past 3-4 years. As I said in a letter to him, he was an example of the best possible customer service. Always available within 24-48 hours and would answer any and all of my questions. Suggestions. Keep the prices down. I needed hearing aids due to neurosurgery, I was on disability, and my financial resources limited. Jon and Century Hearing Aids sold quality hearing aids that I could afford. Maybe not the latest model, but surely the most reliable. If you could keep the model marketable, one or two new lines would be great. Providing a desktop application would allow me and others to make fast referrals. As it is I tell people but often do not have immediate access to the contact information. Well wishes for the future...

I currently have a pair of over 5k set of aids. My original order from Century worked just as good as my current aids. Unfortunately my Century Aids were destroyed by our puppy. My insurance would not give me the option to replace with the aids from Century. Century hearing aids is just as equal to my current aids. I had the in-ear and they were as comfortable as the ones molded to my ears. I would recommend Century to anyone.

Only issue (not really one) is that your screen to type in Name, Address, etc etc. is not in the order that people expect. It also would be nice if City and State are automatically filled in when you enter zip code. These are minor but it is amazing how much a user considers that far and above the norm.

I ordered batteries online. It was to be free shipping 3 to 7 business days. It was free shipping but I had to follow up online chat and then either e-mail or call to get my order. It was a lot longer than 3 to 7 business days. I also had a hearing aid repaired on a different order number. It again seemed to be a little too long.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Hearing Aids?

Products and service is top notch. Jon is great. They keep in touch with their customers emails, news, etc. Good pricing which is very important. Could not ask for more. No reason for me to go any place else. Thank you Century Hearing Aids. Life has sound again.

The Rosebud In-The-Canal aids are the best that I ever had. All sounds are natural and not coming out of a microphone. This is true, but the natural sounds are remarkable. This includes the four audiologists where I had to return their hearing aids for bad power for the awful expense!! I would fully recommend this website for their nice business abilities; however, their refunds or exchanges take forever.

After using traditional hearing aid providers, paying thousands of $$, and not being satisfied, I decided to try Century, after reading a positive review in a blog. I did use a local to get a hearing test, sent in the results and have been for the most part experiencing better hearing results than ever. My aids work better and have all the same functions as my last pair at about 25% of the cost. I also have experienced good service when I have a question or a problem. Just last week one of my aids broke and I sent it in for repair at a fixed cost. I cannot report on the results as I have not received the repaired aid.

I do have one concern though, as the repair facility does not adjust the aid to my specific specs as determined by the hearing test. Since I have depended on Century to do the adjustments initially, my concern is where to take them when I get the repaired aid back, and what the cost will be. I feel that this service should be done by Century.

Factual basis uncertain

Terrible. Four or five emails, and several phone calls not returned. I requested the Qleaf sample and to this day have not received it. Been about four weeks of trying to get it. Today I purchased a set of aids from a local provider. Do not buy into Jon's company. Dealing with Jon was a complete waste of my time to the point where I now will not have aids in time for next week's holiday. SUMMARY: Does not answer emails. Does not return phone calls. Does not deliver promised material. Appears to be a really run business. All of the above is my opinion from trying to deal with Jon. Please do yourself a favor. Walk away from any dealings with him.

I have had a wonderful experience with the hearing aids I ordered. Very pleased with them. The price was very reasonable and affordable. I would recommend them to anyone who is experiencing hearing loss. I had a Beltone free exam and their price was a lot more than yours.

I have ordered 2 hearing aids from Century along with various parts and supplies. They are working great. I have received timely replies, great follow-up and a warranty was made good on one of my first hearing aids. I have recommended these hearing aids to countless friends. I hope to use your company if you continue with such a great product.

I initially ordered a ITC hearing aid from Jon. I had asked my son to buy them for me as I'm on a pension. He said, "let me pay for them." They worked well but were kind of stuffy sounding and my ear canal became irritated. I contacted Jon on the website and explained my problem. I asked about a trade in. He gave me a wonderful trade in for my old hearing aids and I received my new ones quickly. They work great. I'm a musician and hearing is really important. Jon has been incredible in giving me advice for how to deal with my irritation problems. I really have enjoyed my time working with Jon and the Century Hearing Aid people. They are the best!!

My first set of devices from Century literally saved my hearing. I had no insurance and just went through a divorce. I had no money for an expensive set of hearing aids. I found Jon and Century Hearing aids and couldn't believe it! I was able to get a pair of rosebuds and had them for years. I now have a second set and since my hearing had gotten worse, moved up to the Xylo's. The quality is fantastic, especially the settings for different hearing situations. I can't thank Jon enough for his personal service and his excellent product, and I wish him well. Thank you, Century Hearing aids!!

I came upon Century Hearing Aids over 2 years ago while searching online for hearing aids that would work for me and that were affordable. I chatted online with Jon Stoddard many times before making a decision and he was so kind and patient with the many questions and concerns that I had. I did settle on a pair and they were sent quickly, unfortunately, because I have reverse slope hearing loss, they did not work for me. At that point I was in constant communication with Jon, now by phone, and he did everything he could to try to find aids that would work for me. I failed to mention that I did send the aids that I did purchase, back for reprogramming several different times, which again, Jon was very patient and kind. But my degree of hearing loss was not benefiting from them. He researched several manufacturers and was unable to help me any further.

Even though my trial period was over, Jon still gave me a full refund which was something he did not have to do but he felt very bad that he could not help me. I would recommend Century Hearing Aids to anyone who is in need of an affordable set of aids and Jon provided excellent customer service. He is an amazing businessman who exhibited a desire to satisfy his customers. If I had to purchase aids again, I would definitely consider your company. I wish you great success in your involvement with Century Hearing Aids.

Have placed an order twice in the last many years and have received very good service. Made a request on first order and they took care of it very quickly. Have also ordered several spare ear pieces and batteries. I usually do not write reviews, but this company does a good job of providing service.

Resolution In Progress

Hi

I am really sorry about your experience with Century Hearing Aids. I looked, but could not find your communication with Jon. I suspect that either he never received your email or he responded and it got lost in cyberspace.

The reason that we encourage many customers to skip the audiologist is that we have found through years of experience that our adjustments through preprogramming work for nearly 95% percent of the people, and those other 5% percent that do have trouble, usually send it back to us once and we correct it, either to be more sensitive or less sensitive. The main reason that this works for our hearing aids is because they have more bands and double the channels of those major brand ones such as Starkey that do require a hearing test. This enables our brand to cover a much larger range of sound. This in turn, makes it work better for our customers.

The major brands out there do not bother having the amount of hardware that we have in our hearing aids, because they know that customers will have a hearing test before they purchase.

Hope this makes sense.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I contacted Jon to find out why he felt that it was unnecessary to have an audiogram from an audiologist before dispensing a Hearing Aid. He did not answer this but insisted that I should come in and purchase one of his Hearing Aids. I refused to do this, as I feel very strongly that this is unprofessional and unethical. Jon's emails continue to flood my inbox despite requests to be removed.

We have had a great experience with Jon on this website to purchase 2 hearing aids. His response to any questions was awesome customer services. We will definitely use the site again. We look forward to hearing about new products and accessories.

Just received my second pair of hearing aids from Jon. Happy overall except the right aid seems to give a little more feedback than I remember. I will be working with them to resolve the issue. Their customer service has always been responsive.

I have purchased a couple hearing aids from Jon and Century Hearing Aids. I discussions with Jon, he determined what type of hearing aid was best for me. His choice was spot on. I have my previous device for 3+ years and purchased another one about 10 months ago. The device I use has increased my quality of life. My experience with Century Hearing Aids was excellent and I will continue to return to them for my future needs. Being completely deaf in one ear and 50% hearing in the other, this hearing aid made the difference I was lacking for a long time.

I ordered twice, both times I had a bad experience. The last pair I ordered were to be programmed to my audiogram, they were not. Sounded like hearing through a tin can. After sending the first pair back I ordered the best ones offered.

The hearing aid received is helping me greatly. Jon's service is always fast, good and thorough. I will definitely recommend to my friends. Jon always take time to understand my questions and give a straight, clear answers and recommendations.

I have purchased 3 hearing aids from Century, one set totaling two and a single order for just one hearing aid. I've also purchased batteries. All instances I had incredible customer service. Jon was quick to respond and keep me informed of my purchase status. In my opinion the website doesn't need any upgrading, etc. It is easy to find what you're looking for and maneuvering within the website is easy and user-friendly. I look forward to continuing to use Century for my hearing needs.

I got my hearing aids about 2 and a half years ago and have been very happy with them. I looked at some locally and were way to expensive for me. I looked online and found the Century hearing aids to be about one-third the cost. I was hesitant to try it. I called and was able to talk direct with Jon and he was so very helpful. I would and have recommended to several friends. It is so good to be able to hear well again. Thank you so much!

I am disappointed to hear that Jon has passed his company to someone else. Jon was enthusiastic, responsible, and reliable. I got what I paid for and I am still pleased with my hearing aids after approximately one year of use. I can only hope that my contact numbers will stay the same and I can still get the top assistance and service that I got from Jon and Century Hearing Aids.

On May 17, 2011, my step-daughter found Century Hearing Aids online and suggested I investigate because my hearing was failing at age 71. I contacted Century at its website. Jon Stoddard responded personally and patiently worked with me via email and telephone for 2 or 3 days back in 2011 until I finally purchased a pair of hearing aids from him. There were no pressure to buy tactics. After wearing them a while, I pestered him frequently about tweaking the hearing aids to provide optimum results. Jon was super helpful and met all my wishes in that regard. Fast forward to 2016 and my original purchase no longer worked well for me. The products had aged, and so had I. My hearing had deteriorated further.

Jon had the solution with new hearing aids and new style of tips. They worked great right out of the box and still do. I can't imagine the dollars I'd have spent with conventional hearing aid sales! The number would be immense. The product and service I received at Century Hearing Aids through Jon Stoddard were excellent and the cost was very affordable. I have recommended Century to my brother-in-law, but he's still insisting he doesn't want hearing aids yet. His hearing is almost as bad as mine, but... I will miss working with Jon and I hope to find service equal to his with the new management at Century.

All my concerns were immediately addressed and resolved to my satisfaction. The technicians were clearly the most competent, well trained and concerned that I have encountered. I have been extremely pleased with my hearing aids as has been my spouse.

I got great service and was happy with all the effort put out by Century on my purchase. They lived up to their advertisement and are very helpful. I would recommend them anyone on a fixed income that needs help hearing. Good quality and they help you every step of the way, and the online hearing test is quite accurate.

I have not yet "bit the bullet" on ordering hearing aids, but I have appreciated all the info that has been provided to me by email. I hope you "keep up the good work". I would like to say that we retired people on a fixed, lower income do appreciate any and all efforts to keep prices low and quality high.

Because of my age, my hearing began to worsen, so I called many different companies only to find many different confusing answers. Since I had never worn hearing aids, I had a lot of questions and finding answers was not that easy. "OH, you got to buy mine 'cause they are the best" and my question was, "WHY?" I called your company and the man I talked with answered all my questions with no pressure and even though there was not a sale, the trust for a future purchase was planted. I'm not interested in anything except letting you know that I appreciated his honest direction.

Experience was ok but when a problem occurred which I have right now there was no response. So I have send my hearing aids for repair or a replacement **. I hope in the future phone calls & e-mails will be returned.

Century Hearing Aids Company Profile