2. Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.74/5

At Beachway Therapy Center, we provide our clients with a well-rounded and holistic approach to drug and alcohol addiction recovery. Personalized treatment plans are created for each patient including individual and group therapy sessions, as well as optional faith-based treatments, therapy weekends for family members and equine therapy.

Our therapists have a maximum caseload of four to eight patients, affording them the necessary time to focus on each individual need of our clients. Most treatment centers provide one therapy session per week for individuals, while we offer a minimum of two sessions per week. If you need help for yourself, or for a loved one, we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions or discuss your needs.

Beachway Therapy Center Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachway Therapy Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachway Therapy Center?

Original review: June 28, 2018

After a near death crisis in my son's life, I searched the internet for a dual diagnosis treatment center for alcohol abuse and depression. I was looking for centers in another state and Beachway came up. Not realizing that it was in Florida, I called the number, then hung up when I realized it was not in our state. Thanks to Conner for calling me back and encouraging my son to leave his former environment and travel to Florida for treatment. Since entering the program my son has made tremendous progress in recovery from the issues that almost took his life.

He is like a new person. He has an optimistic outlook for the future and is getting better every day. Thanks to all the staff, therapists and doctors who have helped

make the difference. The therapists Liz and Dave have called to keep me informed and have made themselves accessible if needed. Everyone at Beachway has been so pleasant and helpful. I thank God and Beachway Therapy for giving my son a new start with many opportunities ahead for a healthy and productive life. I will always be grateful for Beachway Therapy Center.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was drinking heavily and in a very abusive relationship. So my sister had done some research on therapy centers. And when I’ve finally left that situation and went to my mom’s house, it was about Christmas time so my sister was home and we looked through some of the treatment centers that she had found. We called one out in California but for some reason my insurance suggested another place in California or Beachway. We're in Texas so Florida, beach sounded nice. My sister and I gave them a call and we did the intake which was quick and simple. Then it was about four days from the time I called them until we were driving out to Florida.

Upon arrival at Beachway I was scared because I was gonna be several states away from my family and by myself. But they were very nice and they let us walk through the treatment center. They let us meet some of the people whom I'll be seeing when I'm there. They showed us where they have lunch, where the sessions are and the activities that they do. They give the opportunity for the ladies to go and get manicures and some self-care type of thing so they won’t feel totally like a fish out of water. That kind of gets you back into who you are as a human being and that it’s okay to take care of yourself.

My parents dropped me off there to detox and the detox center was fantastic as well. They had a room that was open so they let me go in and look at it. I was petrified of being dropped somewhere I’ve never been before with no one I know and no way to contact anybody. I’m sure they could see that emotion on my face but everybody was very calm. They answered every question that I or my family had and gave us more information. So my family and I felt very comfortable. It was really a smooth experience.

I love the staff at Beachway. They were absolutely wonderful. They were very nice and kind like a mom. But they also put you in check when you start to step out of line – keeping order to the chaos. And it’s not easy when you have people who are used to living a certain way to keep them in order. They were always very supportive and there was always someone available to talk to. So like the staff in group, that was especially hard to deal with because group sessions brought out some deep-seated emotions. But I could always excuse myself from the group and there was always a tech available or a staff member at the Beachway facility itself to talk to. Everybody genuinely wants to help.

The experience at Beachway helped me along with getting a sponsor and going through steps in doing some external work, not just at the facility itself but also on my own. Beachway helped me to see that what I’ve been doing isn’t the way I need to continue to live and I don’t have to go back to that chaos that I was in. At the same time, there are also things that I could do to help prevent me from going back to that. There are some warning signs and there are people whom I can talk to about my situation. There’s a plethora of preventative maneuvers to help keep me on the right track.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I’ve been at Beachway Therapy Center twice. The first time I was there, I had a bad relationship with my therapist. He wasn’t very honest, but he doesn’t work there anymore. The second time around, the only issue I had was them kicking me to the curb with no time to prepare for another place to go to. I ended up finding another place though, thank God. And then I was behind on some rent, and they weren’t stern about some rules. Other than that, everything went smoothly. They definitely provided me with the knowledge and the tools to be successful post treatment. Treatment isn’t gonna do the trick, and it’s obviously getting out in the real world again because that’s what really kicks in when it really hurts. But it got my foot in the door most definitely. It was a good experience, overall. They had a couple things they needed to work on, but every business does.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The staff from Beachway Therapy Center was really friendly and supportive. They're very welcoming and if I had any issues, they were willing to talk or just listen. That was really nice of them. However, I was surprised because the website is a little bit misleading. The pictures and some of the activities that were told were not as often or just a little less than what they described on the website. But I was pretty out of it when I got there so I was just confused with the whole situation. Also, it was hard to get information on what was gonna happen in the future or the plans but that's understandable.

Nevertheless, this is the happiest I've been since the last time. And even though I'm still having some upsetting situations, I'm dealing with it a lot better. I was pleasantly surprised by the progress I've made. I strongly recommend Beachway Therapy Center to others. I would tell them that the therapists are amazing, very educated and worth it.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My mom went looking for different therapy centers and she happened upon Beachway on the internet. I showed up there pretty nervous. Then a couple of guys introduced themselves and made me feel very comfortable. It was very all new to me 'cause it was my first time I've ever gone to treatment, but they're very friendly and very calming. I really love the staff, like Nash, Johnny, Christina, and Dana. They were absolutely great. They're very friendly and cool. I couldn't believe it when I was shopping for food and one of the guys took me shopping. He was really cool and told me about Beachway too.

Beachway definitely helped me out a lot. I had no skills before, like I could not survive on my own 'cause I didn't know how to be sober, but now I've been over a year sober. I'm going to New York for three months to try to see what it's like there 'cause I've never been there, and I wouldn't be able to do any of this without Beachway first and foremost, and then the IRP helping me to get used to this sober way of living.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The experience I had with Beachway Therapy was good and I loved it. I liked their orientation and the checking in. It was a different experience for me to help me get out of my comfort zone mostly. The staff at Beachway cared and there was a lot of one-on-one. My treatment helped me build a lot of confidence. Right now, I’m up every week and I check in with the alumni coordinator. But the staff could work on being on time with doing stuff, like leaving the center going to the residence because there was a lot of times it'd be 40 minutes. Instead of them taking out the trash and doing what they were supposed to do they'd sit in the office and talk.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I was ordered to be in a therapy center because of a DUI. There were only two centers that would fulfill that and since Beachway was closer, I chose them. I told them upfront all of my concerns. Since I was court-ordered, I told them that that needs to be satisfied so I will have a certificate which will say that I've finished my time here. I also wanted to make sure that my insurance covered all the pay and so far, it has. It's $1,500 a day and I'm not too awfully concerned about paying but I believe that it is a bit much for what we're not getting. What the brochure described and what my rep told me about the area was hardly the same as what I saw when I got here. The online brochure painted the facility as a country club-like setting and it isn't like that at all. It's very bleak, terrible, and it's a totally offsite deal where they take us to.

Most of the staff are recovered addicts. We've got them passing our meds and they just know what's going on by experience because they've been there, done that. Then, as far as the therapy staff goes, there are only less than five actual therapists that work in-house and five that comes in who may or may not be degreed. I wouldn't know that and it's not noted that they are or aren't degreed. But they're the ones that do our therapy classes and other than them, there are guys that drive the vans, hand out meds, and run around. They also have turnover like crazy. I think four years is long for anybody who works here and they have people that have worked here for two weeks. They're always short on staff.

The first 30 days were very intense, and possibly 60 days depending on the situation. They keep you busy all day long. After that, they’re more lenient and allow you to have more time to get out and do things. They encourage you to go out and get work and they have different therapy things like going horseback riding. They also have done some things with us, taken us fishing and bowling and has given us the opportunity to go to church, meetings, and things like that. They also give us a break time.

But we all have the same class. They've got alcoholics and drug addicts thrown in with people who have codependency problems and people who are bipolar. It also doesn’t matter if you’re 19 or 60 years old. Once you’ve been here for so long, they have steps that you can go through as far as what they do with you. The basis of the system here is take the money and give the cheapest they could provide for however much time we have to stay here for whatever reason it may be.

Also, they encourage everybody to get a sponsor as quickly as possible and they tell us to work the program. That's where their healing of the issue is and there’s no real magic or anything that goes on here as far as their part goes. They 100% depend on AA for the rehab and it’s all up to you. It’s going to be up to everybody’s own individual situation of whether or not they want to change advice. They help and take you to meetings but that's all they do.

This is a program that is set up very well for young people that are just starting out in life and for older people that might need a break. People have claimed that this is one of the better places but I won't come back. We got a little bit more freedom and they do check us out and do things with us. I also have learned stuff here but I’ve been here almost 90 days and I don’t think I’m fixed. For the most part, it's just worthless. I haven’t had a drink in 90 days but only because of the situation that I’m in. Next time I'll just sit and go to jail.

Beachway Therapy Center response

Hi Frank, thank you for sharing your feedback about our program. We take all feedback very seriously and I will share this information with our program directors so that they are aware of your experience. We hope that you continue to stay sober and we wish you well on your journey. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can do for you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Beachway Therapy Center is the best treatment center I’ve ever been to. I went to treatment two other times before Beachway and it just never really clicked like it did with Beachway. The first treatment center I went before was absolutely awful and it sucked. It was a 21-day treatment facility and I didn't learn anything in those days. I have to do everything while I was in some meds for detoxing. It was like two weeks of actual treatment ‘cause I was still half-dead the first week.

The Beachway facility is clean and organized. It was just like an opening environment. The staff was really welcoming, friendly, loving, caring, and compassionate about what they do. They really carve on the people when they know that they’re not totally getting and they do their job very well. Dan was the first person I ever talked to when I first got there and he totally made my experience amazing. He made all the paperwork and prep that I had to deal with go by really quickly. Bryan and Dave, my two therapists, were absolutely awesome as well.

All the different groups there were super helpful. My favorite one was the relapse prevention group as I consider myself a chronic relapser ‘cause I’ve been through treatment so many times and tried to get sober so many times. The spirituality that they have there was really cool too. Then the morning meditation group, like the one that they split everything into male or female, was totally awesome. I love the morning group with all the women in the community and that we could just talk about our craft.

I did 45 days in PHP and I did another 45 days in IOP and all the skills that I learned helps me to be more successful in my recovery. I’m on my halfway right now. This is the longest time I’ve ever been sober and it was nice. James was phenomenal and he still calls me to this day to see how I am doing. He has me turned the alumni meetings now. He is just really into how everybody is doing and making sure that everyone is doing okay while they are there and even while they are gone and making sure that we can find jobs and help us fill our resumes. I would absolutely recommend Beachway to anybody that I know who is struggling with addiction.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My mom found Beachway Therapy Center for me. I was in bad shape but the check-in went well. Everyone was really nice and the process wasn’t too lengthy. I felt comfortable and their staff were really awesome. They were very knowledgeable and disciplined. More than any other treatment centers I’ve been to, they equipped me to be successful on my own post-treatment. It was a great transition from being an inpatient to IPO and they helped me find a halfway house. One of the alumni people called me today to check on how I was doing.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My mom found Beachway Therapy Center online and it was the first one she found that was a dual diagnosis. I was picked up by First Step Detox at the Orlando Airport and went through detox. I was there for five days and it was rough, and then we got to Beachway on a Sunday. The staff gave me the tools I needed and they took me to meetings every night. I also have a mental health disorder and they helped me out tremendously in my whole stay there.

Beachway Therapy Center Company Information