4.81/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

​Here is what the experts are saying about Simplicity Sofas:

Erin Verbeck, author of the NY Times best-seller “The Joy of Marketing” --

"Simplicity Sofas is a top notch company with incredible customer service. You'll be hard pressed to find a company who will go so far to make sure you're satisfied with your purchase."

Shep Hyken, best-selling author of "The Amazement Revolution”

"Amazing! Wish I would have known about you as I was writing my last book. Simplicity Sofas would have been a perfect role model. The world can learn a lot by examples set by the best of the best.”

Abe Abbas, editor of the About.com furniture blog (and a Simplicity Sofas customer) --

"First of all, I would like to say that the entire furniture industry should learn from your company. This level of customer service just makes for a great over-all experience for the customer. Being in the furniture industry, I wish the entire industry could provide the customer service and care that Simplicity Sofa does."

Ray Allegrezza, former editor-in-chief of the furniture industry's leading trade publication "Furniture Today" (in response to a press release announcing that Simplicity Sofas had been awarded a $20,000 Grand Prize in a nationwide competition for America's Most Innovative Small Business) -- "Who the heck are you guys?"

William Shatner, during a 2013 interview with Simplicity Sofas owner Jeff Frank --

"Simplicity Sofas boldly goes where no furniture has gone before."

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

80 Simplicity Sofas Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 8, 2017

We visited their facility to see how they handcrafted the sofas. Impressive, so we ordered a Megan sleeper sofa. Slight delay with the fabric, but worth the wait as final product was outstanding! Delivery went without a hitch. All in all we would recommend this company without reservation.

Original review: April 6, 2017

While in the process of furnishing a small, beachfront condo about 5 years ago, my husband and I had the opportunity to stop in at the Simplicity Sofas showroom, knowing very little about their products. By the time we left, we were excited about our purchase of a small sofa, a slipcover, and air mattress that were perfect for our space and could sleep a couple of small grandchildren. It arrived promptly, was so easy to put together, and it looked great.

When I first put the slipcover on, I was not happy with the way it looked and the quality of workmanship. I later learned that at that time, the company was still young and they were contracting their slipcover work to an outside vendor. Unfortunately I lived with it for a couple of years until I just removed it and used the sofa without it.

Because beachfront environment is harsh, I realized that I did indeed, need a slipcover. So about 5 years after my purchase, I got in touch with the company and expressed my concerns. After waiting only a short period of time, I received a new slipcover made to order that is beautiful, well made, and looks perfect! Apparently the company now does their own slipcover work in-house.

We remodeled and furnished two condos in the last few years. I shudder to think of the number of product and service companies and sales reps that we dealt with! Jeff ** and his staff were by far, the most responsive, professional and honestly concerned of all of them. Their products are unusual and amazing, and their customer service is outstanding! Thank you Simplicity Sofas!

Original review: April 6, 2017

We ordered a sofa for the dining room in an older house, with a small entry way. I stumbled on Simplicity while searching online. At first, I had concerns making such a large investment online. But I called them, and immediately felt more comfortable learning about the company, their process of helping me select fabric, design, etc. Their customer service and knowledge of furniture, and dedication to quality, is excellent. We made the decision to purchase the sofa and are very satisfied with it.

It is easier to unpack and assemble if two people are doing it. The assembly itself is not complicated, and instructions are good. A sofa is large (this one was close to 8') and the boxes were large. Despite the length, it easily fit into our small doorway. Removing the components from the boxes, and breaking down the boxes and assembling the sofa was easier with two people. I was glad there was two of us to do it. We highly recommend Simplicity. Everything went smoothly and they went out of their way to be helpful.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I ordered a mid-sized sofa, armchair, and ottoman in the Megan style with custom "ears" on the back cushions to fit over the furniture arms. We have a rec room with a very narrow, winding entrance, and had to find furniture that could be taken into the room in pieces and disassembled to take back out. Simplicity Sofas furniture was the only ready-to-assemble, mid-priced, well-constructed furniture in designs we liked. Jeff provided lots of assistance in deciding on the details of the the mid-size sofa, armchair, and large ottoman that we ordered. When we liked the colors available in one line of leather but the softer hand of a second line line, Jeff had several more color samples from the second leather line sent to us directly from the leather company.

He gave me detailed information about the durability of the leather we liked. Our seat cushions have springs, with foam and down filling on both top and bottom, and are very comfortable. I love that the cushions can be reversed as well as swapped with each other to even out the wear. When the ottoman, which has a firmer cushion, felt a little too high for the sofa seat, Jeff sent us 3" legs to replace the ottoman's original 4" legs, and that solved the problem. The furniture is holding up well under considerable daily use. I couldn't be more pleased with the product and customer service.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The full-size sofa, loveseat, and ottoman look so beautiful on our bamboo flooring. Just stunning!!! The neighbors came by to check out our new furniture. Three families on our street own RVs. They were all impressed. My sister and her husband own a small yacht in Florida. I will be sending her photos. I am so very impressed with the upholstery. Beautiful!!!

We ordered the standard foam seat cushions, and also ordered one upgraded spring down cushion. I like the firm foam cushion. My husband likes the softer spring down box cushion. So I ordered 2 more down spring cushions for the sofa. We will simply unzip the upholstery, remove the standard cushions, and replace with the softer cushions.

My engineer/scientist husband is so impressed with the engineering of the piece. He called our grown kids to tell them about the really neat furniture, and how easy it will be to move later. We are so grateful that it is so easy to have the damaged piece replaced. As directed by Jenny's email, we checked the boxes for damage and noted box damage on the delivery ticket.

We put the furniture together in the evening under lamplight. I happily sent an email to Simplicity Sofa, saying how much we loved the furniture, and that there was no damage. The next morning, in brighter light, I noticed the rip and damage to the lower edge of the sofa. I was so worried that Simplicity Sofas would not believe me after I had already reported no damage.

I took photos of the rip and damaged area and emailed them to Simplicity Sofas. Then I called the customer service number. Jenny answered the phone and had already opened my email about the damaged piece. Replacement of the damaged bottom section of the sofa is SO very easy. Simplicity Sofas is manufacturing the new lower section of the sofa and will ship it to me in a week. I will keep the damaged section, and simply replace it with the new section when it arrives. There is no need to return the damaged piece.

I am a very picky furniture buyer. We own Hancock and Moore furniture, and Theodore Alexander furniture. We needed high-end furniture that we could move upstairs easily. Simplicity Sofas totally exceeded our expectations! Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend Simplicity Sofas. The workmanship is SUPERB! The customer service is SPECTACULAR, the best ever!!! The owner, Jeff, sent me an email apologizing for the delivery damage. Just AMAZING! Attached are photos. The last attached photo shows the minor damage to the bottom edge of the full-size sofa, as viewed when standing. Simplicity Sofas, Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Simplicity Sofas?

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had purchased my sofa with firm cushions. It took me a while to finally admit to myself I had ordered the wrong cushions. I called Jeff at Simplicity Sofa and explained the situation and he was very understanding. He asked a few intelligent questions and told me he would send me some different cushions and taller sofa legs. The end result was great. You could not ask for better after the sale service!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

After much research and deliberation, I decided to order the full-size Megan Sofa and Chair for my living room. I was looking for a product that was stylish, durable, Made in the USA and highly rated by customers. I was not disappointed! The whole experience, from ordering to delivery to follow-up from the staff and owner, showcases this company's outstanding quality and customer service. Even the UPS Freight driver was courteous and accommodating.

The furniture pieces fit together easily and the cushions are super thick and supportive - I'm very impressed. I ordered a light colored fabric (Category 4 - Crypton Horizon Natural) to help brighten a dark room and feel certain that it will withstand wear and tear for a long time. I reported a very minor fabric irregularity (a pulled thread) in one small section of the couch arm. It is a completely unobtrusive flaw and yet the owner offered to replace the whole sofa arm now or in the future. Simplicity Sofas has created a business model that I hope will be emulated by many other industries.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I searched for quality sofas online and found Simplicity Sofas through ConsumerAffairs. I looked at it and decided to go with them. The reviews were so excellent and their people were so wonderful about wanting their customer to be happy. They're the only place I would feel safe ordering from online without first seeing and sitting on the furniture.

The furniture itself works well for me because it's against the wall. I'm using it upstairs in a TV room and it's great for there. I would also put the same sofa in my living room because it's free standing there and it's obvious from the back that it's put together. Also, I knew the frame was made of hardwood but I was surprised to see that it was made of oak. It's very sturdy, comfortable and a big factor for me was the fact that I could get it up at a stairway that has a 90-degree turn. And it was made in the USA which I really liked too.

As for their service, it's much better than the ones I received in the past from other furniture companies. Their reps provide service that goes way beyond anything I expected. I got a stain on the sofa I couldn't get out after I've had it just a couple of days and they sent me a new cushion cover at no charge. And I asked for an extra yard of fabric and expected to pay for it but they sent it to me at no charge. I also decided to get a chair to go with the sofa but I didn't put the fabric protector on it which I had on the couch. Then I got an email from the owner saying that they noticed I didn't get it and that they would go ahead and do that if it was all right with me at no charge.

They've also been very good about telling me the name of the persons building my furniture and how long they've been with the company. They are so informative and responsive which is rare these days. I've also noticed that any emails I have back-and-forth from their employees all copy in the owner of the company. In fact, in one conversation I was having, I subsequently got an email from him clarifying something. Obviously, this guy is heavily involved and wants to make sure that the service to his customers is excellent.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

My furniture from Simplicity Sofas is top notch. One can tell it’s crafted and custom made by a craftsman rather than just a production line putting out thousands. I spoke with the owner several times and I felt that I was buying something that somebody had made and that they cared about it. The other furniture persons were impersonal.

The customer service team at Simplicity Sofas also pays a lot of attention. I got multiple rounds of swatches from them when I first reached out to them, and every time I asked they were more than gracious. It cost them money and time each time they send out swatches or spend time with me on the phone answering questions, but they never made me feel as if I was taking them away from doing business.

I love that the furniture not made in China, they’re made here in the States. I also love that I can speak with the owner himself and that says a lot. How many furniture companies put the owner on the phone and spends an hour on a Sunday talking to you about his product? I don’t think that happens too often. And he’s excited about his product. That’s why I made a purchase with them and it was extremely satisfying. I would definitely purchase from them again and I would highly recommend it to everyone. It’s a quality product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I went online looking for some reputable quality furniture. At first I was hesitant to buy anything online, especially furniture. But being a furniture repairman many years ago, I know what makes a good furniture. When I read about Simplicity Sofas, I thought that how they approach their factory and their way of making furniture by addressing complaints were fantastic. The more I read about them and their reviews, the more I decided I wanted to do business with them.

I called and made orders, and everything was wonderful. When we couldn’t find the sleeper sofa that matched the chairs and the design that we liked, they agreed to adjust the side arms on the sleeper sofa. And I know the job that it takes in order to be able to redesign something special for a sofa. When I assembled it in my house, I was amazed at how everything fit together under a new design. I really appreciate them adapting and creating something new just for me. It was unbelievable.

The furniture is also excellent and sturdy. It's very easy to disassemble and put back together. Usually, when one would disassemble something and put it back together, they'd think it's gonna be wobbly or weak, but all the connections that Simplicity Sofas did were well thought-out and easy to tighten up. The fabric is also beautiful and the wood that’s used in the inner construction of the pieces is excellent. And it’s light - not big and bulky which I hate. The furniture is the best that I've seen all the way around. It's beautiful with a fine design that does not take up space yet gives the powerful comfort of most big, over-sized pieces of furniture.

Simplicity Sofas Company Information