This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Houzz was created by Adi Tatarko and Alon Cohen, who launched the site in 2009. Houzz has grown into an online community that offers home design and home improvement ideas and connects homeowners with qualified interior designers, landscapers, general contractors, architects and other home design professionals. Houzz is one of the best ways to gain ideas, get inspired and create the home of your dreams.
Houzz is an online marketplace that specializes in architecture, interior design, landscape design and home improvement. It connects homeowners with qualified contractors who can help with home renovation projects.
- Free shipping on many items
- Search, save and share project ideas
- Directory of qualified contractors
- Software not always intuitive
- Commissions may create higher costs
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Houzz?
Houzz is a home design and remodeling website. It aims to connect homeowners with the professionals they need for home design and renovation projects. It also lets homeowners shop for tools and design elements for their home design projects. Homeowners can reach out to multiple professionals across a wide range of industries, which makes planning and scheduling a big project more convenient.
You can find home design professionals in your area, look through their portfolios and ask questions about their experience and availability. You can also read reviews about a particular contractor and narrow down your results by project type and location.
How does Houzz work?
Houzz is broken down into three main categories: inspiration, professional help and an online marketplace.
- If you're in the beginning stages of planning a home design or remodeling project, Houzz offers pages of inspiration and photos to help you decide how your project should look. You can browse by project type, room type, your budget, color scheme and a host of other factors. Houzz offers inspiration for bathrooms, bedrooms, closets, outdoor spaces, yards, patios, pools, balconies, kitchens and home theaters.
Once you've decided on the type of remodeling you'd like to do, Houzz helps you filter ideas and inspiration by size, price, color scheme and other specifics, including cabinet finishes for kitchens or the layout for a nursery. You can filter your inspiration results by budget and save all the pictures you like to a private board.
After you click on a picture, you have the option to go directly to a webpage where you can learn more about the company. You can also email saved pictures to yourself or someone else.
- Hire professionals
- Once you have an idea for your next project, you can use Houzz to find qualified and local contractors to help you get the job done. You can search for professionals in the following categories:
Under each category, you can narrow your results by the project scope and other important aspects.
For example, under the renovation category, you can browse carpenters, flooring contractors, window and door installers, carpet contractors and cabinet makers. This easy-to-use search functionality lets you find professionals who specialize in each part of your renovation project.
Once you've chosen a subcategory, you can filter your results even more by narrowing down professionals by their proximity to you and their overall Houzz rating. You can see pictures of their work, reviews and contact details to send them a message directly through the website.
- Shop by department
- Once you've found inspiration and the professionals who will help you make your vision come to life, you can use Houzz to purchase furniture, lighting, home improvement tools, hardware, building materials, artwork, wall decor and anything else you'll need for your renovation project.
You can browse Houzz’s expansive inventory of brand name products, including Zuri Furniture, Apt2B, Maxima House and JM Kitchen & Bath Design. Customers can toggle the free shipping option in their search to find products that include free shipping.
As a homeowner, it is free to browse ideas and inspiration or research and connect with professionals. Houzz offers thousands of furniture and home decor items for a wide range of budgets. There is also a sale category where customers can find furniture, design elements and home improvement resources at discounted prices.
Some of Houzz’s most popular products and their average costs are listed below:
- ACME Sidonia sofa: $881 with free shipping
- Hercules Lesley Series contemporary black leather sofa: $944 with free shipping
- Branwen velvet-button tufted sofa: $1,224 with free shipping
- Avignon farmhouse wood bed (queen): $1,348 with free shipping
- Tommy Bahama Bali Hai Island Breeze spindle bed (king): $2,366 with free shipping
- Tall velvet-tufted headboard/footboard panel bed set: $1,224 with free shipping
- GDF Studio five-piece Coral Bay outdoor V-shaped sectional set: $1,883
- Florence 12-piece outdoor wicker patio furniture set: $6,749
- Modrest Legend modern glass and gold dining table: $1,848
- Seven-piece dining set: $2,028
Houzz has a 30-day return policy and five delivery options: standard, standard freight, inside your door, room of choice and white glove.
- Is Houzz free?
- Houzz is a free resource for homebuyers. There is no cost to browse inspiration or search for qualified contractors. Professionals must pay to be featured on the website, however.
- Is Houzz a reputable website?
- Yes. Houzz is a popular resource for homeowners looking to streamline their design, planning, hiring and purchasing processes for renovation projects. Houzz has a 30-day return policy and offers name-brand products and a transparent business model.
- How does Houzz make money?
- Houzz makes money through advertising products and selling premium listing spots for local home professionals and service providers. Houzz makes a 15% commission on all marketplace items.
- Who is behind Houzz?
- Adi Tatarko and Alon Cohen founded Houzz after they ran into issues finding ideas and resources for their home renovation project.
Is Houzz Legit?
Yes. Houzz is a trusted and reputable home design and remodeling website that aims to connect homeowners with the ideas, professionals and tools they need to complete any home renovation project. Houzz has been a trusted resource for homeowners since 2008.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Houzz Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.