Courtyard Creations

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a chaise lounge with umbrella from Wal-Mart. Love the lounge, hate the umbrella. The construction of this umbrella is very poor quality. The umbrella ribs are spindly and bend/break very easily. I called in for a replacement to Courtyard Creations. Customer service was very nice, but it took over 2 months to receive the replacement. The replacement umbrella broke within two weeks. I contacted customer service about my second experience and never heard back from them.

I purchased a 3 piece set, 2 rockers & a small table from the local Kroger. For each rocker, there is a left & a right frame. My set came with 3 right frames & 1 left so I was unable to assemble the second rocker. I read a number of reviews on this company that did not leave me with a lot of hope that they would resolve my problem. I sent an email to the company explaining my problem and the next day received a response from Laura who stated that the replacement part had been ordered & it would arrive in 5 to 7 business days. Exactly one week later my replacement part arrived & we are now enjoying our new furniture. Our customer service experience in this case was great and I commend them on a job well done.

THEY WILL SEND ME SOME BOLTS...??? I bought a table and rocker chair set for my wife. She loved it as do I. The problem came when I put it together, two of the bolts/screws didn't even belong to the set. The instructions say NOT to call the store but the company. Well, the company asks what store you bought it from, I tell them the store, "We can't find that store..." They tell me to call the store and find out who they are affiliated with??? WTH. After another ten minutes, and by now, I am ready to take it all apart and return it just for spite, she tells me, "I will send you some bolts/screws in the mail, maybe they will work, maybe they won't..." It's time to start keeping track of WHO I buy items from in the future. THIS company is already on THAT LIST.

13 months after purchase, table top crumbled to floor.

I purchased the Ty Pennington Naples 4pc sofa set for our vacation home Memorial Day weekend 2014. We are only there maybe every other weekend, April to October. If you were to add up the days the cushions were outside it is just over two months of exposure, total. The cushions to the set are brought inside whenever we leave so they are outside from Friday evening to Sunday morning and we brought them in if it rained. Keep in mind that our deck only gets sun in the morning.

THE CUSHIONS ARE GARBAGE! They faded in less than two months. The paint is bubbling up on the table which is metal. I contacted Courtyard Creations because one of the cushions was missing the straps to secure it to the chair and they did send that to me. But now I have 14 disgusting cushions and they are all so uniquely shaped that you can't just go and buy covers. The photo is when we first got the set. I would never recommend any product by this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Courtyard Creations?

I purchased the Bistro Set and put it together all by myself. It is beautiful. It was a challenge putting it together because I'm a musician not a hardware savant. My son is going to tighten the chair screws more securely but I've been sitting on it comfortably, working from my laptop, playing with the cat who decided the other seat is his. I love the design and color. MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT... does not come with an umbrella hole in the table.

I purchased a reclining deck chair from Wal-Mart for a Mother's Day gift for my wife in May 2015 and when I tried to put it together noticed that the seat assembly had a hole drilled in the wrong place. The instructions told me not to contact Wal-Mart but to contact them so I did, and they told me they would send a replacement as soon as they could. In May, they told me they would have it in June. When I called in June they said they would have it in July. When I called yesterday, they said they shipped it on 8/7 but when I called today to see what we needed to do with the defective product they told me in fact the earliest it would ship would be September 7th.

Customer service has been very matter of fact, no apologies, and refusing to take the blame or make any sort of remuneration. They said they are not at fault since I bought it at Wal-Mart and should take it up with them, even though their instructions told me not to. This product was made for Courtyard Creations and they should take responsibility for their own faulty product and make it up to people who have to wait 5+ months to deliver a Mother's Day gift!

We purchased a Mainstays sling back 7 piece patio dining set from Walmart.com in April 2015. We put the set up in May 2015. Last week, less than 3 months of having the set on our deck, the entire glass table top shattered into tiny pieces. There wasn't anything on the table, and it didn't have any prior damage. Luckily, we were inside when it happened. I contacted Walmart.com, but it was past my 90-day return window, so they referred me to Courtyard Creations, the manufacturer. I attempted to contact the company multiple times with no success.

I did, however, read other consumer reviews that said the company may just replace the glass top, which I wasn't interested in after seeing that this company's products have a history of glass problems. I called Walmart back and they sent me shipping labels to send the set back to them. They also arranged for FedEx to pick it up from my home. Upon receiving the set, they will refund my money, $350. Thank goodness for Walmart being so accommodating. We will definitely be sticking to non-glass tables and will be sure to avoid products by this manufacturer in the future.

I bought the Riverside Sling Swivel Dining Chairs, 64x40 Table Top Dining Table and a 10x10 Line Portable Patio Gazebo from AAFES (PX/BX). The instructions for the gazebo were abysmal and I still don't have it up. I just opened the box for the chairs and there are lots of itty bitty parts with NO INSTRUCTIONS! I haven't gotten to the table yet but I don't expect much. I bought the whole set over a year ago and didn't get it out till now because we just put together the money for a patio. I am so way disappointed.

I bought a patio swing from Walmart. The frame and awning were a cinch to put together. THEN the problems began: the seat bar went through 3 seat openings but not the 4th. The seat back support bar holes didn't match up with the holes on the seat so it couldn't be attached. The 4 pieces that the swing should swing from weren't right. There were 3 good ones and one that was different and not usable. The arms were not the same as pictured. Bolts were missing. I called Courtyard Creations several times and each person I spoke to was dumber than the previous one. The last call I made was this morning because I wanted to return it and the big orange paper that comes with it says DO NOT RETURN TO STORE.

The woman I spoke to gave me a list of the parts that I had previously requested and she gave me a list of all the wrong items and told me to take it back to Walmart because they were just a parts distributor. Long story short, I had to take what I had gotten together apart and take it back to Walmart. I did and did get a full refund. This was just the most frustrating experience I’ve ever encountered and definitely would never buy another product from Courtyard Creations…

Approximately 3 years ago, I purchased a two-seater patio swing with canopy from our local Kroger Patio Department in Lawrenceburg, KY. Since we do not disassemble and then have to re-assemble our patio swing from year to year, I failed to keep the instructions of assembly. Through fault of my own, I accidentally ripped the canopy top beyond repair and need a replacement. Kroger was able to track their purchase of these swings from 3 years ago and referred me to Courtyard from where they were sold to Kroger. Upon contact with CY today, I was advised I needed a model number which would be on the assembly sheet. Duh---she was very uncooperative and rude with any assistance. I suppose it was too close for her lunch break or something. Very unprofessional!!!

I bought a square chase set from Walmart and I live 1 hour away from the store. When opened it was damaged beyond use. So I packed it up and took it back. The store was very helpful and exchanged it with another. Drove back home to put it together. All was good but one part the seat cross brace was defective. So I called the 877 539 7436 and after a very long time spoke with a girl named **. She was very nice at first but when I told her of my problem she became very rude. I bought this to use this summer but she said "the part could not be shipped for maybe 6 weeks." Looking at complaints on the web about Courtyard Creations this is a standard reply.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and after a long wait she came back to tell me no supervisor was there. Really. I wondered who is running the business. She took my name and number but no return call yet. Now my only option is to take it back apart and try to get the store to refund my money. Time is money, who is going to pay for my time, gas, and trouble for all of this. This company has a lot of complaints about this very same problem. Please help if you can. It is not reasonable for me to wait half the summer to use a lounge. When I bought it in good faith.

All the other reviewers are totally correct about this company - they are the pits and then some. I ordered a Lawson Ridge swing from Wal-Mart that had a defective canopy (canopy would not even cover the length of the top frame). My husband assembled this swing at our mountain home, and it took an incredible amount of time to get the swing together. In fact, the instructions were so bad, that he had to do it twice. Then when he got to the canopy, he found that it would not cover the top frame - lacked about 2 inches to connect the velcro closure straps - it would not work. I started with Wal-Mart first, and they said I could return the entire swing for a refund or exchange. There was no way my husband was going to disassemble this swing, repack it, and take it back to the store. That was Wal-Mart's (in the store) solution only.

They said I could call the manufacturer, Courtyard Creations to resolve the matter. I found their number and called, only to rudely treated - they made it quite clear that they 'did not replace defective items', that I should take it up with Wal-Mart. :( I then started calling the online Wal-Mart customer service number. I think I made about 5 calls to their customer service people - each telling me something different. Each time I called I had to repeat the whole scenario over again, and each time I called I had to hold quite a while. I was finally given a 'return agreement' by email that was supposed to be for the canopy only but instead they had stated on this email agreement that the entire swing would have to be returned. I had told them over and over again that the canopy was all that I required, and that I would be more than happy to send the defective one back to them.

After the email with the 'return agreement' attached, I replied via that same email (again) that it was not the entire swing to be returned, just the canopy (a piece of cloth basically). They replied via another email that they did not send parts only (???), that I would need to call the manufacturer - Need I say more? The manufacturer is the worst ever. Do not, and I repeat, do not ever purchase anything with this manufacturer's name on it. You will be pulling your hair out like me.

I gave up and will make a new canopy myself.

Consumer Increased Rating!

So I would like to apologize for my previous review. I was frustrated because I thought all the parts were not included and it was hard to get in touch with the company. But I finally did get in touch and told them the part number that was missing. They took down my name and address and sent it within a week! I took the parts out and realized that the parts were included just not numbered correctly!!! So I'm a satisfied customer and would recommend this company.

Harini of Valencia, CA on

Original Review

We placed an order for the Mainstays Lawson Ridge Converting Outdoor Swing/Hammock, Brown, Seats 3 from Walmart that is sold by Courtyard Creations and we started to look for all the parts and found that there were parts that were missing. The item is so huge and bulky that both of us need to go to the store to replace it. Trying to reach them over the phone is almost impossible. The wait line is so long and then once you get connected they disconnect before talking to you. Pathetic.

I ordered a patio set and it arrived broken in many places. They requested I send pictures for proof and prove the it was purchased recently. I did all of that. They sent me a replacement for one of the broken parts, also broken the same way. Obviously a defective item. I called back asking for a replacement piece that wasn't broken as well as the other pieces. They refused. After a month of back and forth with them they offered to refund my money, pay to have it hauled off because they refused to fix it, and sent me a check. Not one bank could get the funds to clear on this check. This was in the beginning of October 2014. Still now in February 2015 I am still trying to get the company to refund my money and take this set off my property.

Purchased the courtyard creations trinity collection 5pc lava rock gas fire pit set a few years back from Krogers and it worked beautifully the first year. The second winter, the pilot would not light. I called the service center to request a new thermocouple, and they were very accommodating and sent me a whole new burner free of charge. This new burner worked well that winter, and the next year, the same thing happened. This time I had to pay $65.00 for the new part. And again, they sent me a whole new burner. This has happened four times! I am currently on my fourth burner and used it last week and all was well. Went out last night and the pilot would not light. I know how to hold the tee handle down 20 seconds, etc. This is simply a very unreliable piece of furniture that is cheaply made (China?). I have lost patience with the company and this piece of furniture. I am going to junk it as soon as possible and get one that works!

7 piece Pyros outdoor dining set - I purchased this table through WalMart in January, 2014. Didn't put it together until April, 2014. All was fine. November 1 we were outside and heard this horrible noise and looked over and saw the glass from this table all over the patio. It had shattered with no one near it and nothing on it. Called the service center number (as the paperwork tells you to do) and the first person said I needed to take it up with WalMart. I told them their paperwork said differently. Then she proceeded to tell me that the glass isn't covered under warranty that it will be $75.00 plus shipping and will be at least 4-6 weeks out. I had already checked and seen this complaint numerous times on the website. I then asked to talk to someone else and they decided they could ship it and just charge me shipping of $35.00. I agreed to do it because otherwise the table is totally useless. I want other people to know that the product is evidently faulty and they have NUMEROUS ratings showing this. They do not care about the customer. I will be very careful in the future and will never purchase this brand again.

I purchased a Firepit Set locally about 6 years ago. The regulator starting leaking and I was unable to find one that would fit. So I called Courtyard Creations and talked to Francesca. She asked for the model number of the set, which I didn't have. So she asked me to send her pictures of the entire set so she could try to find it. I did so, and the next day she sent me the model and instructions for assembly sheets, which contained all the parts and part numbers. I ordered the hose and regulator, and problem solved. Great customer service from an extremely nice lady. She did what I needed to solve my problem, and she did it in one day. Thank you Francesca.

I am surprised at the negative reviews for Courtyard Creations. My experience has only been positive. We bought a set of six HD Designs Skyline chairs from Fred Meyer (a Kroger Co.). The chair-pack was extremely well packaged and all pieces were well protected. I was happily surprised to find a small bottle of touch-up paint included although I did not need it for assembly. The arm on one chair did not fit properly. It appeared that the bend was incorrect which affected the length of the arm. I called customer service and either had a short wait or used their call-back service, I really don't recall, but was not unhappy with the time. After explaining my problem to the rep, a very pleasant lady, and providing all the pertinent info, I was told to expect my new arm in 7-10 days. Nine days later, the arm arrived. Once again it was packaged extremely well. I finished the assembly on the chair and am very happy with the product. I would have given this 5 stars but that rating said "would recommend" and I would with the disclaimer regarding the negative reviews especially for the glass top issues.

I ordered the Mainstays Pyros 5-Piece Patio Conversation Set from Walmart in February 2014. It arrived with two pillows missing and one of the chair frames was missing the connection point to attach the seat to the frame rendering it useless. I contacted the company and was sent the replacement parts free of charge. Overall the set has held up ok but with some rusting of the weld locations on the chair frames.

Today, 5 months later I heard a loud crash and went outside to find that the glass tabletop had crashed into 1 million pieces on my deck. There was nothing on the table, no weather issues, nothing to cause this. I called the customer service line again and was told that the glass was not under warranty but after arguing for a while, they agreed to send me another top. I'll use it but I am sure it will explode just like the last one within the year. I am also annoyed that when I called they pointed out that I already had replacement parts sent to me previously as if that makes me less trustworthy or something.

13 of 16 tiles broken in mine and is going to take 4-6 weeks to receive replacements.

Just getting ready to sit down to dinner outside when I heard a loud rumbling sound. Walked outside to find the glass top of the table shattered into thousands of tiny pieces beneath the table. Scary to think my children were just minutes from eating there when this happened.

We bought a 7 piece Courtyard Creations patio set from Farm & Fleet less than a year ago. Not only did it start rusting within a month of having it, but today, the glass top exploded out of nowhere. We were in the house, windows open, and heard a loud noise, immediately looked out the window to the patio and the table top had just exploded for no reason. Thank God nobody was at the table at the time. We went out to inspect the damage and the glass was just popping. It sounded like a bowl of Rice Krispies. It popped for at least 2 hours after the incident. Everything was completely shattered though there were no big pieces. After reading about other similar incidents and seeing the injuries reported, I would never buy a glass table top again. Furthermore, I would NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING from Courtyard Creations again! Over $700 and this lasted less than a year. Extremely unhappy would be an understatement at this point.

Started rusting after having it for a week. I tried to disassemble it, caulk the rusted spots and reassemble it but the screws that hold it together stripped out. I'll be returning this if I can find my receipt. I'll call it total junk and don't expect it to do anything other than junk with buying one of these sets.

I assembled a 10-pc. outdoor set from Boscov's made by Courtyard Creations. Upon completion (which was straightforward and easy), I found 1 tile cracked and 1 chair not sitting right on the deck. I called Courtyard's customer service number and was pleasantly surprised with the professional and courteous service and help I received. I wish I could remember the name of the young lady who helped me but she was awesome. Within a week, both the replacement tile and the two replacement chair legs arrived, no charge! Thanks so much for the terrific service. Oh and btw, the set is terrific, looks great, and is very sturdy. Should last for years!

Mainstays Sonoma 4-Piece Patio Conversation Set, Seats 4 Needed replacement seat cushions. After 1 hour on the phone with Wal-Mart, who first gave me 855 573-9976 as the order number for the manufacturer, it was the wrong company. 40 minutes later with Wal-Mart, and I was given 905 264-1164 which I was assured the US Customer Service Desk for "import Courtyard Creations Inc."

I was presented with an International Call Blocked message by AT&T. A return trip to the local store where we bought the patio furniture. In the first place produced the answer, we cannot buy new cushions that fit these chairs and love seat, so you will need to repurchase a new patio set to get new seat cushions that fit exactly. When I replied that Ford and GM do not suggest I buy a new car when I wear out a set of tires, they replied that's just the way it is these days. I wish Sam ** were still alive, and that this company supplying Wal-Mart was reachable. Other comments suggest that has happened previously but not today. Consumable supplies should not cost more than the product, and the product should not have to be replaced for such a minor issue.

Backyard swing - After several attempts to contact Courtyard Creations and never getting thru, I am now writing here. Very frustrated.

We bought a patio table with 6 chairs from Meijer right before Memorial Day. I came home from work to see the family cleaning up shattered glass from our patio table. I think it was the "Callaway" collection. Since it is already past the 90-day return process for Meijer, and I cannot find my receipt, I'm stuck with a box full of glass fragments, a pool deck that has glass pieces stuck between the deck boards, and a table frame. This table lasted 96 days, with little use. After doing an online search for Courtyard Creations and reading these reviews, I see that there's no use trying to contact CC. My next contact will be to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Thank God my family and pets were not close when this happened.

We bought a Courtyard Creations table at Krogers 2 years ago. Last year, we came home and found one tile shattered all over the deck. This year, just 2 days ago, we came home to find another tile shattered. Neighbors told us they heard a loud noise during the day from our deck while we were at work. Fortunately, no one was injured. However, as we have a small child, we will attempt to find replacement tiles manufactured by another company as the safety of Courtyard Creations product is not to be trusted.

I order the Lawson Ridge red 5-piece conversation set from Walmart.com. I was alerted that the shipment (2 separate boxes) had been shipped to my vacation home. The first box holding the table arrived first. Terrific. I assembled it that evening. The following day the box containing the unassembled chairs and their cushions arrived. We unloaded the box outside since it was very heavy and carried the components into the house. We took out the directions to find that they were not the directions to assemble these chairs but something completely different. Not a huge problem, we found the correct directions on Walmart's web site! We laid out all the pieces that were in the box, all set to assemble the chairs.

We discovered that the front and rear braces for each chair (a total of 8 pieces) were missing!! Rechecked the box to see if they had been overlooked. No, the box was empty. Contacted Walmart customer service via email. We received a speedy reply asking for certain information which we quickly supplied. A few days later, I received a phone call from Walmart.com informing me that the manufacturer wanted to deal with me directly and the customer service representative supplied me with the telephone number. I called immediately and spoke with a very cranky, not very willing to help customer service representative from "Courtyard Creations". She did some digging to find the appropriate numbers for the merchandise--their numbers were not the same as Walmart's. She checked and the missing pieces were available in their warehouse. I double checked that she had all of the information. She assured me that the missing pieces would be delivered within the week. Great news.

Since the pieces had not been delivered as yet, I called Courtyard Creations Customer Service this morning. The person that I spoke with was friendly and appeared to genuinely want to help me. She traced my missing items through my phone number and informed me that the missing pieces had not been shipped as yet and to call back next Tuesday. She informed me that this is their busy season. That is all fine and good except that the season for using this furniture is approaching its end of the season! I am very frustrated with Courtyard Creations and Walmart.com. I made the purchase in good faith but I do not feel that I have been treated accordingly. According to the internet, this company has had many complaints from consumers!

Courtyard Creations Company Profile