1.88/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

101 Courtyard Creations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 2, 2014

Started rusting after having it for a week. I tried to disassemble it, caulk the rusted spots and reassemble it but the screws that hold it together stripped out. I'll be returning this if I can find my receipt. I'll call it total junk and don't expect it to do anything other than junk with buying one of these sets.

Original review: June 23, 2014

I assembled a 10-pc. outdoor set from Boscov's made by Courtyard Creations. Upon completion (which was straightforward and easy), I found 1 tile cracked and 1 chair not sitting right on the deck. I called Courtyard's customer service number and was pleasantly surprised with the professional and courteous service and help I received. I wish I could remember the name of the young lady who helped me but she was awesome. Within a week, both the replacement tile and the two replacement chair legs arrived, no charge! Thanks so much for the terrific service. Oh and btw, the set is terrific, looks great, and is very sturdy. Should last for years!

Original review: May 14, 2014

Mainstays Sonoma 4-Piece Patio Conversation Set, Seats 4 Needed replacement seat cushions. After 1 hour on the phone with Wal-Mart, who first gave me 855 573-9976 as the order number for the manufacturer, it was the wrong company. 40 minutes later with Wal-Mart, and I was given 905 264-1164 which I was assured the US Customer Service Desk for "import Courtyard Creations Inc."

I was presented with an International Call Blocked message by AT&T. A return trip to the local store where we bought the patio furniture. In the first place produced the answer, we cannot buy new cushions that fit these chairs and love seat, so you will need to repurchase a new patio set to get new seat cushions that fit exactly. When I replied that Ford and GM do not suggest I buy a new car when I wear out a set of tires, they replied that's just the way it is these days. I wish Sam ** were still alive, and that this company supplying Wal-Mart was reachable. Other comments suggest that has happened previously but not today. Consumable supplies should not cost more than the product, and the product should not have to be replaced for such a minor issue.

Original review: April 22, 2014

Backyard swing - After several attempts to contact Courtyard Creations and never getting thru, I am now writing here. Very frustrated.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2013

We bought a patio table with 6 chairs from Meijer right before Memorial Day. I came home from work to see the family cleaning up shattered glass from our patio table. I think it was the "Callaway" collection. Since it is already past the 90-day return process for Meijer, and I cannot find my receipt, I'm stuck with a box full of glass fragments, a pool deck that has glass pieces stuck between the deck boards, and a table frame. This table lasted 96 days, with little use. After doing an online search for Courtyard Creations and reading these reviews, I see that there's no use trying to contact CC. My next contact will be to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Thank God my family and pets were not close when this happened.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Courtyard Creations?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2013

We bought a Courtyard Creations table at Krogers 2 years ago. Last year, we came home and found one tile shattered all over the deck. This year, just 2 days ago, we came home to find another tile shattered. Neighbors told us they heard a loud noise during the day from our deck while we were at work. Fortunately, no one was injured. However, as we have a small child, we will attempt to find replacement tiles manufactured by another company as the safety of Courtyard Creations product is not to be trusted.

Original review: July 25, 2013

I order the Lawson Ridge red 5-piece conversation set from Walmart.com. I was alerted that the shipment (2 separate boxes) had been shipped to my vacation home. The first box holding the table arrived first. Terrific. I assembled it that evening. The following day the box containing the unassembled chairs and their cushions arrived. We unloaded the box outside since it was very heavy and carried the components into the house. We took out the directions to find that they were not the directions to assemble these chairs but something completely different. Not a huge problem, we found the correct directions on Walmart's web site! We laid out all the pieces that were in the box, all set to assemble the chairs.

We discovered that the front and rear braces for each chair (a total of 8 pieces) were missing!! Rechecked the box to see if they had been overlooked. No, the box was empty. Contacted Walmart customer service via email. We received a speedy reply asking for certain information which we quickly supplied. A few days later, I received a phone call from Walmart.com informing me that the manufacturer wanted to deal with me directly and the customer service representative supplied me with the telephone number. I called immediately and spoke with a very cranky, not very willing to help customer service representative from "Courtyard Creations". She did some digging to find the appropriate numbers for the merchandise--their numbers were not the same as Walmart's. She checked and the missing pieces were available in their warehouse. I double checked that she had all of the information. She assured me that the missing pieces would be delivered within the week. Great news.

Since the pieces had not been delivered as yet, I called Courtyard Creations Customer Service this morning. The person that I spoke with was friendly and appeared to genuinely want to help me. She traced my missing items through my phone number and informed me that the missing pieces had not been shipped as yet and to call back next Tuesday. She informed me that this is their busy season. That is all fine and good except that the season for using this furniture is approaching its end of the season! I am very frustrated with Courtyard Creations and Walmart.com. I made the purchase in good faith but I do not feel that I have been treated accordingly. According to the internet, this company has had many complaints from consumers!

Original review: June 15, 2013

I bought a patio set last Sept. 2012. Now one side of the table has a big crack in it. It is under a covered patio so it is protected from the weather and nothing heavy has been put on it. I paid over $300 for it and really expected it to last longer than 9 months. Now I can't find out how to get in touch with the company. All of the searches online says it cannot be found.

Original review: May 23, 2013

I purchased a swing and the canopy was no good. They refused to replace the canopy, but I want a replacement.

Original review: May 1, 2013

All in all, the swing set I bought is well made and went together O.K. I needed one part, a nut 318000C23001, as one I received had no threads inside for me to tighten on. Every time I call, I get a long wait on the phone. Today, 5-1-13, I was told that I was 17th in line in this queue. You have gotta to be kidding me. If you want to piss people off and make a bad name for yourself, this is the way to do it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2013

I purchased a Paloma patio set at Fry's. The set was very appealing and looked good. I got it home and started to assemble. What a nightmare! Chairs were scratched and bent, table was scratched and bent, bolt holes would not line up. I was very disappointed. I called the number for the company half a dozen times and got no human to talk to. Upon reading reviews of this company, we contacted Fry's and they would take it back as we only had it one day. We wish now we would have seen the reviews before making the purchase. This is one bad company and I advise people to stay away.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2012

We purchased a Courtyard Creations patio set from Kroger and the sofa was deformed. The arm of the sofa will not connect to the back. We have been waiting for 5 weeks for the replacement parts and the lady in customer service just told me she doesn't know when they'll get it in. It could be another 4 weeks or more. What?! This is ridiculous! I am not happy! I will never purchase from this company again!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2012

I purchased an orbit lounger about 5 years ago and haven't been able to find the cushion to go with it. It's pictured with a cushion but there wasn't one. Also, the lounger was packaged as new but when I opened the box, there was dirt in the legs of the lounger and in the box. It was used, taken apart and sold as new. I cannot locate Courtyard Creations, so my lounger is sitting in my shed collecting cobwebs. $200 wasted.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2012

I requested by email information on replacement cushions for a patio swing. I gave the model number, part numbers of the required parts and have not received a reply. This is another example of "Customer Disservice." I know that with an attitude of "who cares what the customer wants," I will not purchase anything made by Courtyard Creations.

Original review: July 25, 2012

My husband spent three hours trying to put this glider together. Its holes didn't line up to the frame. Once we got it together, it didn't glide. I agree with Laurie. Let's spend a few more dollars and get some quality merchandise. This stuff isn't worth the money. We will return it to Wal-Mart for the full refund. But what we found really annoying was the fact that their store people alerted managers that there was a problem with the glider, yet still chose to sell it.

Original review: July 17, 2012

I bought the whole nine yards: glass table, 6 chairs and the umbrella. Today, I have only 2 chairs left because the hinges at the back of the armrests have broken on four of them over the past 3 months! While the design is nice and they were comfortable, the quality of the material is just crap! I really don't wish to spend my hard earned money just to make somebody else rich. I expect quality!

Original review: July 12, 2012

My friend was over and sitting on a swivel chair. For no apparent reason, this rarely used chair, had all the three welded brackets connecting the swivel from the base, collapsed and my friend hit the interlock on his back. He suggested going to the doctor, but decided not to. Poor Chinese quality once again. We must stop purchasing junk that only lasts a year.

Original review: July 10, 2012

I posted a review on June 28, 2012. We also had the Scottsburg table, which exploded. I spoke to Danielle at Courtyard. They asked me to send pictures and a copy of the receipt, and they would see what they could do. I told them, "I really don't want a replacement, could you refund me my money?" She called me back the same day and said they could not refund me the money, but would send me a replacement (no charge). I told her if that's all they could do, I would accept it. It arrived yesterday. I will keep it under my gazebo so the sun does not beat on it. All I can say is, the first one exploded, shame on them. If this one explodes, shame on me for accepting another. I was hoping they had worked out the issue. Good luck.

Original review: July 9, 2012

Today, July 8, 2012, my husband and I heard a very loud pop and then crash! It sounded like a car smashed into something. I ran out back and saw that our glass patio table had durst into millions of tiny square pieces everywhere, including our pool area. Thank God no one was outside at the time. We purchased this 10-piece Scottsburg Sling set last summer from the Shorewood, Illinois, Jewel-Osco store. I called the store and spoke with the manager on the Osco side. I told her what happened just to make them aware of the situation. She was unable to provide me with any contact information, but I will keep searching the web for a website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Original review: July 6, 2012

I was in the yard and with my daughter at our pool when we heard a loud pop. We went to investigate the noise and found the glass table on our patio shattered into a gazillion pieces and dust. I attempted to call the manufacturer several times before the 4:30 Eastern time to only get a recording. Thank God no one was at the table or near it. I will attempt again tomorrow (however, it will be the weekend). If I had read these complaints before I purchased the 10-piece Scottsburg Sling dining set, I never would have bought from this company. It is very obvious that they have poorly manufactured items. I purchased it from Jewel/Osco and I'm talking with them, knowing they would not be responsible but it is something they need to know before they continue to sell these items. Do not purchase!

Original review: June 28, 2012

I wish I had found this site before I purchased a 6' black marble patio table from Big Lots. I thought I was going crazy until I read all the complaints. I was wondering if all the dark tables were the problem? Was anyone's a clear glass? We had the table under a gazebo. We were going away on vacation so my husband took the material off the gazebo (to avoid wind problems). Within a couple of hours, under extreme FL sun and heat, I heard the explosion. The table was now in small chunks and powder. The woman at Courtyard said the table probably had a small crack in it already and that's probably what happened. Nope. They told me to send copy of receipt and pictures, and they would see what they could do. We'll see. I will repost when I hear something. I have alerted Big Lots about this problem and sent them to this site. Thank you to everyone who took the time to post here. Thank God no one was hurt!

Original review: June 18, 2012

We purchased the Sun Lake 3-piece bistro set this past weekend. Two of the bolt holes for the chairs were defective (poor manufacturing), resulting in the bolts being damaged. While the holes can be re-tapped (a real pain, I might add), I am unable to contact customer service to get the replacement bolts. All I get is a recorded message saying that they are closed and to call back. It's 11:00 in the morning on a weekday! Hell of a way to run a business.

Original review: May 29, 2012

I bought a patio table and two chairs distributed by Courtyard Creations from Albertsons Supermarket. When I unpacked the box at home, the legs and center connector were missing. I could not return this item because the store was going out of business and all sales were final. I called Courtyard Creations’ customer service. I had to fax them a copy of the receipt for proof of purchase. After receiving the fax, customer service informed me they would send me the parts - no cost to me for these parts. However, I would be charged for shipping. That would be $15.00. I don't think this was fair since they should have replaced the part without any charge to me. They informed me that this was company policy. I will not buy any of their products again!

Original review: May 22, 2012

I purchased a Sandhill sectional patio set from Wal-Mart, which I had shipped to the store for free delivery. After it arrived, my husband picked it up from the store in Hamburg, NY and the box was torn. My husband thought it would be okay since there were cushions on top. But after getting home and putting it together, we found the table top dented on both ends and also scratches on the one section of seating area. Since it said to call and not to return to the store, we tried customer service to reorder the little tabletop and would just deal with the scratches. After trying to call the service number several times and they would hang up on us after waiting for them to answer 30 callers, we tried for two hours and then I decided that was enough. My husband will be returning the set back to Wal-Mart with our receipt for full refund! I paid over $500 for the set. I will purchase a set made in the USA!

Original review: May 18, 2012

I ordered a patio set, Lawson Ridge 5 pieces from Wal-Mart. Fortunately I had them delivered to Wal-Mart for my pickup at the store. I received the chairs right away, but the table took several days longer. When the table arrived at the store, it was already broken. Wal-Mart returned it back to the manufacturer and they cancelled my order for the table. So now, I have four chairs and absolutely no table. You cannot just order a table from Wal-Mart, you must re-order the entire set again. After reading the comments about exploding table tops, I feel lucky that I had the table shipped to Wal-Mart first. At least, I don't have to pay for it now. Guess I'll just do without the table since I don't want one of their exploding tables anywhere near my family. If I hadn't read the reviews on this page, I might have ordered a table directly from Courtyard Creations. Now, I don' t think I need one. Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Original review: May 8, 2012

Incomplete packing job for $370.00 chairs - I ordered 2 patio chairs from JCP that were a product of Courtyard Creations, Inc. with taxes and delivery charges. I spent over $350.00 for two chairs. I waited weeks for delivery, received the chairs in a sealed box. I opened it up to put them together and Courtyard Creations neglected to include the assembly instructions, tools, and items required to hook the base of the chairs to the actual seat.

For nearly 2 weeks, I've had 2 patio chairs in a state of disarray in my place. I contacted the company directly and requested the required equipment. The representative stated it would be 7 business days and I would receive them. Well, it's business day 8 and I haven't received anything. I contacted JCP this time who stated that their records indicate it was only mailed today. So, 3 weeks with chairs that I cannot use for $350+. One would have hoped that they would have acknowledged their error and created a bit of a push to correct it, like sending it express or overnight, or something showing a conscience and concern for future business. Not so. Poor business ethics and lack of oversight in the packing process, clearly.

Original review: May 3, 2012

RUS4971 Swing is shredded at the bottom/ back seam after only 1-1/2 years. After looking closely, I found pupa, larva and adult bugs in the seam. These bugs did not come from North America. After 2 phone calls and promises to hear back from Courtyard Creations, I have heard nothing. These bugs came from China where it was sewn. My next call will be to the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.

Original review: April 11, 2012

Hammock fabric ripped to shreds in one summer: I bought a freestanding hammock from Fortunoff last summer. A couple of rain showers and the sun, and the fabric started ripping until the batting was showing. It cannot be used again, and there's no recourse because Fortunoff said they don't carry replacement cushions and the hammock is manufactured in Taiwan! So it's $100.00 down the drain.

Original review: April 9, 2012

We purchased the 7-piece Rolston patio set. We can’t put together one of the chairs because it isn’t tapped for the screw.

Original review: April 6, 2012

I bought the patio set at Kroger last year. Tabletop finish is peeling. I just bought the set last summer. It had a waterproof cover on it over the very mild winter. The umbrella mechanism also broke before the season was over last year.

Courtyard Creations Company Information