2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

Courtyard Creations Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Purchased a chaise lounge with umbrella from Wal-Mart. Love the lounge, hate the umbrella. The construction of this umbrella is very poor quality. The umbrella ribs are spindly and bend/break very easily. I called in for a replacement to Courtyard Creations. Customer service was very nice, but it took over 2 months to receive the replacement. The replacement umbrella broke within two weeks. I contacted customer service about my second experience and never heard back from them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I purchased a 3 piece set, 2 rockers & a small table from the local Kroger. For each rocker, there is a left & a right frame. My set came with 3 right frames & 1 left so I was unable to assemble the second rocker. I read a number of reviews on this company that did not leave me with a lot of hope that they would resolve my problem. I sent an email to the company explaining my problem and the next day received a response from Laura who stated that the replacement part had been ordered & it would arrive in 5 to 7 business days. Exactly one week later my replacement part arrived & we are now enjoying our new furniture. Our customer service experience in this case was great and I commend them on a job well done.

Original review: June 14, 2016

THEY WILL SEND ME SOME BOLTS...??? I bought a table and rocker chair set for my wife. She loved it as do I. The problem came when I put it together, two of the bolts/screws didn't even belong to the set. The instructions say NOT to call the store but the company. Well, the company asks what store you bought it from, I tell them the store, "We can't find that store..." They tell me to call the store and find out who they are affiliated with??? WTH. After another ten minutes, and by now, I am ready to take it all apart and return it just for spite, she tells me, "I will send you some bolts/screws in the mail, maybe they will work, maybe they won't..." It's time to start keeping track of WHO I buy items from in the future. THIS company is already on THAT LIST.

Original review: April 29, 2016

13 months after purchase, table top crumbled to floor.

Original review: March 10, 2016

I purchased the Ty Pennington Naples 4pc sofa set for our vacation home Memorial Day weekend 2014. We are only there maybe every other weekend, April to October. If you were to add up the days the cushions were outside it is just over two months of exposure, total. The cushions to the set are brought inside whenever we leave so they are outside from Friday evening to Sunday morning and we brought them in if it rained. Keep in mind that our deck only gets sun in the morning.

THE CUSHIONS ARE GARBAGE! They faded in less than two months. The paint is bubbling up on the table which is metal. I contacted Courtyard Creations because one of the cushions was missing the straps to secure it to the chair and they did send that to me. But now I have 14 disgusting cushions and they are all so uniquely shaped that you can't just go and buy covers. The photo is when we first got the set. I would never recommend any product by this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Courtyard Creations?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2015

I purchased the Bistro Set and put it together all by myself. It is beautiful. It was a challenge putting it together because I'm a musician not a hardware savant. My son is going to tighten the chair screws more securely but I've been sitting on it comfortably, working from my laptop, playing with the cat who decided the other seat is his. I love the design and color. MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT... does not come with an umbrella hole in the table.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

I purchased a reclining deck chair from Wal-Mart for a Mother's Day gift for my wife in May 2015 and when I tried to put it together noticed that the seat assembly had a hole drilled in the wrong place. The instructions told me not to contact Wal-Mart but to contact them so I did, and they told me they would send a replacement as soon as they could. In May, they told me they would have it in June. When I called in June they said they would have it in July. When I called yesterday, they said they shipped it on 8/7 but when I called today to see what we needed to do with the defective product they told me in fact the earliest it would ship would be September 7th.

Customer service has been very matter of fact, no apologies, and refusing to take the blame or make any sort of remuneration. They said they are not at fault since I bought it at Wal-Mart and should take it up with them, even though their instructions told me not to. This product was made for Courtyard Creations and they should take responsibility for their own faulty product and make it up to people who have to wait 5+ months to deliver a Mother's Day gift!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

We purchased a Mainstays sling back 7 piece patio dining set from Walmart.com in April 2015. We put the set up in May 2015. Last week, less than 3 months of having the set on our deck, the entire glass table top shattered into tiny pieces. There wasn't anything on the table, and it didn't have any prior damage. Luckily, we were inside when it happened. I contacted Walmart.com, but it was past my 90-day return window, so they referred me to Courtyard Creations, the manufacturer. I attempted to contact the company multiple times with no success.

I did, however, read other consumer reviews that said the company may just replace the glass top, which I wasn't interested in after seeing that this company's products have a history of glass problems. I called Walmart back and they sent me shipping labels to send the set back to them. They also arranged for FedEx to pick it up from my home. Upon receiving the set, they will refund my money, $350. Thank goodness for Walmart being so accommodating. We will definitely be sticking to non-glass tables and will be sure to avoid products by this manufacturer in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I bought the Riverside Sling Swivel Dining Chairs, 64x40 Table Top Dining Table and a 10x10 Line Portable Patio Gazebo from AAFES (PX/BX). The instructions for the gazebo were abysmal and I still don't have it up. I just opened the box for the chairs and there are lots of itty bitty parts with NO INSTRUCTIONS! I haven't gotten to the table yet but I don't expect much. I bought the whole set over a year ago and didn't get it out till now because we just put together the money for a patio. I am so way disappointed.

Original review: July 6, 2015

I bought a patio swing from Walmart. The frame and awning were a cinch to put together. THEN the problems began: the seat bar went through 3 seat openings but not the 4th. The seat back support bar holes didn't match up with the holes on the seat so it couldn't be attached. The 4 pieces that the swing should swing from weren't right. There were 3 good ones and one that was different and not usable. The arms were not the same as pictured. Bolts were missing. I called Courtyard Creations several times and each person I spoke to was dumber than the previous one. The last call I made was this morning because I wanted to return it and the big orange paper that comes with it says DO NOT RETURN TO STORE.

The woman I spoke to gave me a list of the parts that I had previously requested and she gave me a list of all the wrong items and told me to take it back to Walmart because they were just a parts distributor. Long story short, I had to take what I had gotten together apart and take it back to Walmart. I did and did get a full refund. This was just the most frustrating experience I’ve ever encountered and definitely would never buy another product from Courtyard Creations…

Courtyard Creations Company Information