1.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2791 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Purchased Furniture at Ashley. Was told verbally about their return policy. And was shown on the purchase paperwork that they do not accept returns for things like close-outs, accessories, etc. When our furniture was delivered the coffee table was much larger than I expected and crowded the room. I called to see if I could return it the day after it was delivered. I was told no and was stonewalled when I tried to talk to a manager. It's a shame because I do plan to buy more furniture, but I will never purchase furniture at this store ever again.

I also purchased two couches. Before delivery I canceled the two couches because I found them cheaper at Costco. The cancellation complied with their policies and I never received the couches. The cancellation was 1/7/2018. It is now 1/26/2018 and I still have not received a credit back on my credit card for the couches. When I called the store the receptionist admitted that their central office has been contacting the store urging the store to authorize the refund, but it still hasn't been done.

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I would give this company negative stars if I could!!! How many times do you have to call and speak to someone about your complaints and they just give you the runaround! So many people told me they would call me back or look into it! No calls back and that includes the general manager of the fricking store!!! We have been lied to numerous times! I will never spend a dime in this horrible store ever again!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Absolutely, without a doubt, the worse furniture purchase I have ever made. Embarrassed to have anyone see the couches. Within 4 months of owning, the fake leather (I know) began disintegrating. I didn't expect the furniture to be a life purchase. I like to replace every 5-7 years, but this is ridiculous. I called for help and was assured the material would be replaced ASAP. That was 6-7 months ago.

Can't even cover due to reclining end seats and was completely mortified over the holidays having anyone see it. Purchased 3. Don't I feel like a fool. The ads are so deceiving. They lure you into thinking you a purchasing something decent. No one going in expects high end, but I do expect decent. Be warned... Ashley Furniture is low end garbage. Although I have a wonderful experience with other reasonably priced furniture, I would advise people to RUN, RUN, RUN before purchasing ANYTHING from Ashley Furniture. I am guessing they figure people will simply get tired of calling back and give up. Shameful.

Ashley Furniture response
    I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com? Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Unfortunately, I could not give zero stars but if I could, I would. I purchased the Wilcot sectional (five pieces for $2800) in July 2017 and had pieces delivered on 7/28/17 and I picked up the remaining piece mid August 2017 from the warehouse. I immediately began to notice that the cushions (the ones that we sit on) would not stay on the sofa. They kept slipping off. I contacted the sales person, Ruben ** and he said that I could purchase some non-slip foam, the thin kind that is used to line drawers/cabinets. I purchased that and it still did not work. Slowly but surely, the cushions slipping off the sofa would be the least of my problems. This sectional began to look worn and dated. The outer covers of the cushions constantly move 2-3 inches below the edge of the foam cushion.

I have to adjust the out covers of each cushion to fix every other day or so. The back fabric of the sofa is loose. The cushions are lumpy and have divets. The cording is wavy and not straight. I contacted Customer Care in December and they scheduled an outside company (this is what I’m told) to come and see what the issues are and to take pics of the sofa and see if it qualified for repairs. The company did not show up during the time frame that they said they would and I had to reschedule. They did come out the second time that we scheduled. The technician took pics and a technician was scheduled to come out a third time. When that technician came out, he removed the covers from the cushions and explained that he could not properly repair them, because there is a seam running down the middle of each cushion. Adding more poly-film would create a “butt crack” effect.

He didn’t repair the back of the sofa because he said it wasn’t on the order. Not sure why because I was told on the phone when they scheduled me that it would be done. He did say that he was going to order a new cushion cover as the cording was defective. He came on 1/13/18 and said someone would call me within three days. No one ever called, so I called Customer Care on 1/19/18 and was told that “my ticket was closed out accidentally.” I have a technician scheduled to come this Saturday, 1/27/18. Honestly, I don’t think any amount of repairs done is going to get this sectional up to the expectations that I have for it. There is wrinkling in the fabric, the cording is defective, lumps are throughout the sofa and the slippage of the outer fabric is terrible. The fabric on the back of the sofa is very loose. Hooks should be installed to prevent the cushions from slipping entirely off the sofa. All of these defects are noted in the pictures.

Please let me know if this is an issue that I need to take up with the manufacturer or if this is something Ashley Furniture can help me with. I would like for the entire sofa to either be repaired so that no defects are noted (which I honestly do not think can be done), an exchange of this sectional for a similar one in price and size or a refund of what I paid. I know that $2800 may not seem like much money for a large company such as the manufacturer or Ashley Furniture, however, it is a substantial amount of money for me. From the pictures that I have below, it does not appear that this sectional is worth the $2800 that I paid. The quality of this sectional is very poor. I have never before been a customer of Ashley Furniture but I decided to shop here and purchase because I liked the look of the sectional and the size. I had heard from numerous people to not purchase from Ashley because of the quality of the products sold there.

I went against my better judgment and decided to give Ashley Furniture a chance, hoping that I could prove others wrong. Unfortunately, that did not happen. Also, I have many concerns IF the sectional can be repaired. What’s going to happen after the one year warranty has expired? Will I have any recourse if the sectional returns to the shape that it currently is in today? What I do not want is an empty promise that the sofa will be repaired and brought up to standard when in actuality, that cannot be done. I need a low maintenance sofa, one that does not require that I unzip every cushion to fix the slippage of the fabric on a daily basis, or constantly have to shift the cushions back onto the sofa. My household does not have any children in it. My husband and I are empty nesters. I can’t imagine what this sofa would look like if we used it on a daily basis or had children jumping and sitting on it.

I did purchase this sectional with a credit card. I will also follow-up with my Credit Union to see what my rights are as a consumer. In the meantime, please let me know if I should be directing these concerns to the manufacturer. If that is the case, could you please provide me with contact information so that I may forward this information to them? I appreciate any assistance you can offer. I did email Customer Care in Texas with all of this information today, 1/23/18 but I highly doubt they will be able to address all of these concerns. There should be six pages of pictures. If they did not all come through, please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My husband and I bought our dining room set at Ashley's on June 2017. The dining set had a bench as one of the seating areas. We have two seating areas, a breakfast nook and the formal dining set we bought from Ashley's. With this being said, we never use our formal dining set from Ashley's, only during special occasions which we can count on our hands the times we've used this set. On New Year's my sister in law sat on the bench and it broke. I know that sounds insane but I swear that's what happened. As my husband and brother in law attempted to take the broken bench out so we can continue having dinner, the bench came apart into more pieces and mind you, my husband was being extra careful as we didn't want any more damage to occur. That week I called customer service and explained what happened. I was asked to send pictures of the damage so I did.

I then received a call back from them saying that there is no way they would replace my bench or fix it because it was beyond repair. I admit that the damage looks horrible but that is not our fault as we attempted to take very good care of it. I explained to her that we don't even use the dining room set but that didn't matter to her. I asked to speak to managers and I even spoke to the home store manager. She basically called me a liar saying there's no way that damage could have happened from someone just sitting on it. In order for that to happen there must have been a factory malfunction is what she said. I then proceeded to tell her that that must've been my case as this was a very exaggerated break from a furniture piece. She said if that was the case that I had to report it sooner before it Broke. I bought the five year warranty and she advised me to lie when calling them because there was no way they would believe me.

I called GBS which is the warranty I bought for an extra cost but they have not gotten back to me even after many attempts of me calling them. As we would sit on the bench sometimes I would hear cracks, I would then inspection it to see if anything was broken but would see nothing so my thoughts were that the bench was just falling into place. Just today I noticed a crack on one of my tables legs so I called Ashley's once again to see if there is anything they can do. As I was taking a picture of the crack, I noticed that on the other leg there are cracks too!

I'm currently waiting on a response. Like I said, we take good care of our house and furniture so I don't understand what is happening. I am very sad because They basically called me a liar, and offended me. Not to mention, my husband and I saved money for quite some time in order to afford this. I feel like it was such a big waste of money as the dining set was over $2,000. Also, my sister in law was hurt after the bench broke but no one seemed to care for that.

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, thank you for providing your feedback on this item and your experience. We would be happy to try to help with this issue. Please feel free to reach out to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Madison

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought this Woodanville 7 piece dining set on 12/2/2017 and was delivered on 12/11/17. It starting having issues pretty fast but I was busy with the holidays. So on 1/19/18 I went back to the store and they gave me a phone number to call. The finish started falling off all around the edges and there was a raised area on the table top. All of the chairs were so soft it left marks when you sit on it. They said sorry and I had bought the warranty to call them. This should still be under warranty. It is clearly defected.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

This is regarding my return request in progress for the sectional. I have been wasting my time talking on the phone with Ashley customer service since November now. I had purchased a sectional and paid delivery fee from Ashley Online store in May 2017. I travel a lot and had not noticed the issues with the couch until November where it started to make noise when sitting in a certain area and the cushions started popping out (just when I started to use it). I called them to repair (since it was within warranty). Their repair team nicely informed me of the manufacturing defect and the broken frame. I called for a replacement which could only be scheduled for Jan 2, 2018. The new product arrived with another defect. I took the day off to be able to receive this but Ashley wasted my time yet again. I have spent hours on the phone being redirected between online store and store agents.

Then on Jan 20, they decide to schedule another replacement delivery without asking me - just left me a voicemail. Last I talked to an agent at the online store, I had asked to speak to their supervisor but of course they never called. When I called customer service for the 100th time, this time to refuse delivery which was scheduled without my consent, the agent named James was not just rude but disrespectful - would not let me explain the problem instead make snarky comments about how if I buy a million dollar BMW, I cannot expect a refund even if it was defective. Is this the kind of customer service Ashley provides to repeat customers? They said the delivery was put on hold per my request but I had to call 3 more times for that to be completed (who knows it is still complete) or Ashley will charge me 80 USD for rescheduling.

I have not accepted the offer for a replacement for the damaged item that was provided to me. I am expecting a refund and am not willing to accept a replacement of a bad model that Ashley is offering. Two items of the same model showed up defective at my place. I don't believe your policies account for these types of exceptions where they are repeat mistakes from the seller. You also need to protect the customer. I refuse to pay 2000 for a bad product. Also, the amount of my time they have wasted with their repeated bad products is unbelievable. I am definitely least inclined to buy from Ashley anymore and will be closing my credit card with this company given the behavior. Even small online companies have a better customer service. I am also attaching picture of the attempt at delivery of the defective replacement that also looks like a used old product. I want my refund including the original delivery fee I paid.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

With the kids finally out of the house, my wife and I decided it was time to go out and purchase a "high quality" living room set. We checked out a few stores to see what our options were, and in the end, we ended up going with Ashley. We purchased an entire living room set (sofa, love seat, recliner and table set). The seating was covered in a beautiful brown DuraBlend leather. I originally had some questions about the "DuraBlend" leather but was assured by the sales lady that it was every bit as tough and durable as real leather and that with proper care, would last a lifetime. Imagine my surprise, when after a relatively short period of time, the seating started (for lack of a better word) cracking. At the location of the cracks, the DuraBlend leather then started separating and peeling. This was shocking to me for a number of reasons.

First, this started when the furniture was only around 14 months old. Second, the furniture was receiving very, very little use. Third, some of this peeling was occurring in spots that had little or no human contact! I contacted Ashley to see how they planned to remedy the problem. They informed me that the product was no longer under warranty and that I was S.O.L.

They offered to send a man out to look at and possibly repair the problems. They would charge me a $75 trip fee plus $20 per every 15 minutes that the repair man was on site. This is how they stand behind their product. This is how they treat a customer who spent over $3K on their product a little over a year ago. When I asked the customer (no) service guy if Ashley was comfortable selling furniture that would last less than 2 years, he replied, "Well sometimes you just get a bad piece of furniture"... I can promise you that if you purchase a living room set at Ashley, you're going to one of the people who "gets a bad piece of furniture"... You've been warned...

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Will never purchase anything from this ** hole of a place. Crappy furniture and poor customer service. Purchased a sectional in 2012 and started to strip in 2 years and for the last 3 years nobody has the decency to return our calls or address our complaint. Will spread the world until death that this is the worst place to buy furniture. My Family and friends have been warned and anyone who reads this post. Pay the extra money and go elsewhere please.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I bought a blue leather sofa from Ashley Furniture, November 11, 2017, I was so excited when it arrived on November 14, 2017. By November 16, 2017 my skin started itching every time I sat on the sofa. Then I broke out in a rash/hives which sent me to the doctor four times, the last being January 08, 2018. I no longer sit or go in the room where the sofa is located. For the last two months I have been in contact with Ashley customer service to replace this sofa for medical reasons. They asked for pictures of my medical issues and they wanted pictures of the sofa. I sent pictures of my rash/hives and the blue leather sofa. The first two customer service rep. was very nice and helpful, saying that they was sorry this was happening to me, and they will put the claim in and someone will contact me.

After that I spoke with customer service five more times, each one saying they could not do anything without a doctor note. Each week I spoke to different customer service rep. and each week they became more rude until the week of January 08, 2018 which was when my doctor gave me a doctor note confirming my allergic reaction to the sofa. The last two reps. I spoke to was James and Trish, who informed me that there will be No Replacement of the sofa. They did not care if I had a doctor's note that customer service told me I MUST have to move forward with my claim and get a replacement. Trish had the nerve to ask me what reps in customer service did I speak with because Ashley don’t do replacement.

I could not believe Ashley Furniture do not stand behind what they sell. Ashley Furniture need to fire their whole customer service team. When you ask to speak with someone higher up who may can help you they will tell you this is it. No manager/supervisor. No one. Ashley is a Big Brand. It’s sad they don’t Stand behind their furniture they sell. Consumers think before purchasing from them. If you do be prepared for the Nightmare (runaround for 2 months). I would like if someone would contact me on this Urgent matter.

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your purchase or customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback on both by emailing us at fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I purchased a couch and loveseat just over a year ago and it is the worst furniture I have ever owned. I sent them an email explaining my unsatisfactory purchase and not one word of any sort. It is so bad that none of my friends want to take, for free, my current set. It broke a few months after I purchased it and they did send someone out to fix it, then broke again, sent someone out again and fixed it. It sinks to the floor like we have had it for twenty years when it's only been one year. Completely awful.

Updated on 06/16/2018: I have purchase two sets of furniture over the years from Ashley. The first set was good so we went to get a second set. It was half off and it was only $1,000 for both the sofa and the love seat. I feel like this should have been my warning of "you get what you pay for"! Within the first year I had to have them come fix it three times because the bottom kept breaking and you would literally go to the floor. I tried to go to the store and ask them if they could give me a discount of some sort on a new set and they were not interested in it at all. I tried emailing customer care twice! Then I called this week, managed to get someone in purchasing who then got the store manager to call me and then was offered $100.00 off of a $2,300.00 set. I said, "$100?" It has been awful and I feel like you should label your products with "life expectancy" if this is what it's like.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Ordered a couch on 12/31, promised delivery on 1/17. No one showed up, no one called, no one emailed me! I called and was told that someone called me on 1/14 to advise no deliveries this week but couldn’t leave a message because the "mailbox was full." NOT! Said there was some sort of Company change going on but had no details to explain to me what that meant. All they said is someone would call me to make other arrangements. I have repeatedly tried to call the "888" # because no one has called and the automated system puts me on hold from 2-10 min. And then disconnects me! (You cannot contact the store directly. You have to call "888" #.)

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that your delivery has been delayed. Please feel free to reach out to us at fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com, please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject line. We would be happy to try and help.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I should check the reviews before I went to the Ashley Furniture store. With this review I just want to let the people know don't buy anything from that fraud store. They don't know what is the meaning of customer satisfactions. They don't give you call to sort out the issues. You have to call them again and again and when you explain this thing to the customer service they said it is a busy season. That's why they did not called me. If they are that busy then they should tell the customer when the customer enter the store like, "We can't sell anything right now because we are very busy." I had to take the day off from my work for the replace furniture delivery and on the delivery day the delivery guy told me, "We can't deliver because we check the furniture in the truck and the new one has some damage too." They don't understand how frustrated is that when you lose the money from work and have the same problem.

I can't even canceled the furniture order because according to their policy I have to pay cancellation fees. It is not my fault, they delivered the damage stuff. They should check the furniture before they deliver. They should give me that fees as a harassment and the frustration which one I am having right now. It took too much time to called the customer service but they don't help you to cancel the order even you reported before 48 hour and on the top having same issue again and again because of that that crazy policy. So it my humble request to read the review before you buy something from that store so you don't make a mistake like me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Had a moldy mattress due to set-up fault. Delivery guys said removing the plastic from the mechanical bed base would void the warranty. (False Info) Mattress started to get moldy and my wife and I have been sick for over 6 months. Discovered the mold as mattress cover sheet was pink on the bottom when we removed it and called Ashley customer service. Claim was denied as they tried to push it on us that we spilt water on it. Very quick to deny us. Appealed with additional pictures status has been pending for over 4 weeks.

With every call to customer service being a 20mins wait on hold then being told status is pending and the mattress department is NEVER in. (Over 8 phone calls). ** stalling tactic obviously. I contacted the mattress company myself and had approval within 4 days. Kudos to Tempurpedic mattress company. Called Ashley to check. Status is still pending with no one except the operator to talk to. Everyone is not in every time I call. Save your time and money and cut out the middleman. Buy from the company themselves. Will be considering a lawsuit to claim medical fees and hardship for sleeping on the floor for over 4 weeks and still recovering from mold exposure.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My shopping experience was great. It was an easy transaction. I bought a coffee table and a matching side table. We decided to pick up the tables three weeks later instead of getting delivery. I show up the day I am suppose to pick up my furniture, which I had called to confirm a couple days before. I show up and they tell me I need to wait 30 min because I didn't make an appointment... Ok, fine. The next day my husband unpacks the tables and starts assembling them. The coffee table was fine but the side table was cut or manufactured incorrectly which pissed me off because Ashley prides itself on manufacturing their furniture. But it happens so we call them.

They said "well if you don't pay for delivery that's the risk you run." We asked what can you do for us and, they say we have to wait another three weeks. Now I have to wait another three weeks and assemble the table there in their warehouse to make sure it's actually manufactured properly. I will never buy anything at their stores again. It's such a hassle to pick up and the wait time is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Bought leather reclining couch and loveseat from Ashley Furniture. Was told that this was top grain leather. That is why we paid so much for it. We went with Ashley Furniture because the salesman told me that the warranty they sell covers all damage, “including rips, tears, punctures, if your dog scratches it or rips it apart the warranty will cover it, it covers everything.” One armrest on the couch is peeling which is strange because if it is top grain leather there is no way it should be peeling. I was even told so by the store manager when I went to complain about having trouble with the warranty. That’s the other problem, we have been trying to work with the warranty company for months!

At first they said they won’t fix the peeling because it is not covered no matter what they supposedly sold me. Then the warranty people said they would cover it and the puncture hole on the side that the delivery people put. They said they would not cover the crooked console that is causing the chair to rub against it and will eventually ruin it. They said they are mailing the leather that the repair person will need which we received. When we called the warranty company back to set up an appointment they said they will have someone call us back. That was several months ago and we keep calling them and they say they have to have someone call us back to set up the appointment. Of course no one called us back. Then they said they will have a manager call us from the warranty department and that did not happen either.

A few days later we finally get a callback, not from a manager like they promised. This person said that they will not cover the peeling nor will they fix the crooked center console. They continued to give my husband the third degree instead of showing customer service. The lady asked my husband why we did not report these problems right away and he said that we did and have been trying to get this fixed for several months now. The lady was rude and raised her voice to my husband and did not let him speak, when she was done with her rant my husband asked to speak to a manager. Then was told there was nothing different that a manager can do for us, after calmly requesting for a manager many many times they supposedly put the manager on the phone. They said they would not cover the damages, but will do us a “favor” and send someone to fix the puncture that their delivery men did.

We are again waiting for a call to schedule a repair person to come to the house. They gave a referral for a leather repair company that we can pay ourselves to fix the peeling. They said they would email it to us but of course we did not get that either. I’m beyond upset by this entire experience. I have not received such bad customer service before. The manager in the store said they should credit us for the couches because they should not be peeling, I have not heard anything back about it. The salesman in the store lied to us about the warranty, I’m pretty sure we were also lied to about the couches being made of top grain leather, and customer service acted belligerent on the phone. This company should be sued and put out of business. I wanted to buy more furniture but it won’t be from Ashley.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Received table via UPS 01/12/2017. Opened box and assembled table 01/13/2017. The way the item was boxed when you open the box and remove all the parts the tabletop remains in the box topside down and you assemble the table upwards from the underside of the tabletop upwards until table is fully assembled and then you pick up the table and flip it over onto its feet. After assembly was complete and table was positioned onto its feet we noticed that the front left corner of tabletop was crushed.

On Monday 01/15/2017 I called Ashley customer service and informed the customer service rep of the damage and asked if they could send us a new tabletop and I could switch it out with the damaged one. She informed me that they could not and maybe I could get a discount on the table but it wouldn't be much or I could box the table up and send it back. I informed her that was impossible as the way it was packaged in Vietnam I could never duplicate it. The box was 6ft long, 24 in wide and 18 in deep and weighs about 75 lb. We paid a lot of money for this table and are totally disappointed in the product and customer service. We are not going to eat the $562.00 for this table and intend to file a claim in small claims court. We cannot recommend Ashley Furniture online sales to anyone.

Madison

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a dining set from Ashley Furniture about 1.5 year ago. Within days of it being delivered the table top and chairs were full of scratches. I called asking for it to be replaced and I was told to turn it in under the 5 year warranty I had purchased at an additional cost. They did bring out new chairs, but it was not much better. When I filed the claim and sent them pictures showing several chips, scratches, I was told that I would have had to report it within 48 hours of noticing the damage.

Otherwise they do not accept damages. I also spilt out the nail polish and called them to come and fix it, but they are saying I should not wipe it off after the accident happened! Because I did call them in, they cannot send technician. I explained I have a 7 months baby at home and cannot leave nail polish on the table until they come. The manager replied back to me "sorry you have to! That's the store policy!" What a shame that store and their warranty coverage is. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I purchased my couches (top grade leather, according to Ashley Furniture - Robert LA) after suffering the Federal declared disaster Flood and losing every possession our family owned. Upon our selection the sales associates recommended the extended warranty covering everything but jaws and claws for five years. After losing every material item, some insurance on our items gave us a warm fuzzy. Typically I deny all extended warranties that require purchasing but due to our recent devastating event and asking what we believed were all the right questions. In order to purchase these items we took out an federal SBA loan to replace items (no insurance).

Less than a year and multiple calls to Ashley (without response) the leather has worn, scratch marks from clothing (not pets), discoloration, disjointed seams, wrinkled leather on the back and sides, seams that are coming apart. (We believe everything except the discoloration is due to the lack of properly constructing the items, causing unusual damage for top grade leather, unless it is not really and that was fraudulent).

After sending endless photos, per Ashley's request, we were immediately told the photos (which were visible when sent) were poor and it was "normal wear and tear". Having "Always" had leather furniture of the same color, there should be almost no flaws. Now we have junk furniture. And they refuse to honor the purchased extended warranty. After finding out that each Ashley location is franchised, we requested the owner's name and contact and was denied the information (guess he knows what he is doing). All we have asked is for them to honor the extended warranty we purchased and the only exception being jaws and claws.

It is now our position that not only have they committed fraud, by selling warranties and misrepresenting the item of which they are selling to the consumer with no intend to honor them if requested but also preying on disaster victims and capitalizing on the disaster victims but offering guarantees/ warranties. They sold us a product stating that it was of the highest quality and grade, then they sold us a warranty to protect the high quality item and neither were true. Had they honored the warranty we would have been satisfied, but they have continued to maintain a "they won't take care of it..." Ironically, they haven't even stated it is not covered or an explanation. An explanation now would only be an excuse for their horrible business practice and possible fraud. Ashley Furniture has victimized, already victimized people by federal disasters for their profit.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

DO NOT BUY THE FAKE WARRANTY. They will lie and try to tell you the warranty will cover pretty much anything that happens to the chair/furniture. This is a bold face LIE. They dont cover pretty much anything on the furniture. My metal bracket in my chair broke but they dont cover anything structural. WTF kind of warranty doesnt cover anything structural? That is absolutely stupid! That Grace the service manager there is a major ** on top of it all so be warned when dealing with him/her (hard to tell by the voice). That man/woman needs to be fired, she is incredibly rude.

Their furniture is way overpriced. In fact the chair I purchase was built differently from the one on the sales floor. Thats right! Mine has a big wooden rod right in the back location holding the frame together which isnt there on the one on the sales floor! It makes a night and day difference in comfort. Who wants to sit in a chair with a big rod in their back?!?! I spent $2000 on a POS that I 100% regret. NEVER AGAIN! DO NOT BUY HERE. BUYER BEWARE!

Resolution response: Jan. 15, 2018

Toni the manager at Boca Raton Ashley Furniture was wonderful. She was reponsive and took authority. She resolved the issue immediately when I came into the store again. Thank you Toni.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I bought a sectional couch Lagaro from Ashley Furniture on Thursday. I had been looking for a medium brown couch and decided one day let me check Ashley Furniture. The saleswomen brought me to the back to see the Lagaro Couch. It looked nice not too dark in color. The couch was delivered the next day. Great right! Well not so much. The men unloaded the couch quickly and I did say this couch looks much darker then the couch I saw in the showroom. I was already alarmed by the diff in color. Then within 30 min of the delivery men leaving and it is so quick they put everything together that you don’t even know which way to look. I noticed on the bottom of the couch the leather was scrapped off. We also noticed that the couch was lifted off the ground on one side.

When we measured the pieces one of the pieces the armless chair was an inch shorter than the rest of the couch. So not only is the couch a lemon but the color is incorrect also. I quickly went to the website and looked at my picture that I took from my phone in the showroom and the couch def looked lighter than the one I had. Then I went to take a look at the website again as I had been on it a few times the day before to make sure the color was what I wanted. And the color on the website was lighter as well.

However, the was no color name listed on the first page of the website. In my thoughts "Ok this is my couch." When I called the first thing they said there is no returns which was never even told to me. Ok but I have a couch that is damaged and the color is not depicted correctly in the showroom or on the website. She said "Well the showroom it could look different because of the lighting." So you're telling me the couch is that much lighter in the store because of lighting. That seems misleading to me? If the couch is damaged upon delivery and not the correct color depicted in the store due to lighting as they tell me. And your website is not even updated with this Dark Brown! Then how can there not even be an exchange for the other color Saddle?

I paid $2900 for a 4 piece sectional and nothing is correct! I was told that "Yes we can replace the pieces that are damaged." However I am displeased with the misleading lighting in the store and the website not being updated. I was also told that colors on the site are not always the same as there is a diff in pictures. Not that much of a difference! Maybe 2% not 10%. The first page of the site you will see Lagaro smaller sectional and there is no color listed. Then if you do go to the last page on the 5 piece sectional the color saddle is listed. The color dark brown isn’t even on the site for customers to even check and the color in the store with the lighting did not look anywhere near the dark brown couch I am being told I am stuck with.

Big companies customer service are just robots. No one can take authority. The couch is defective all around and the color is depicted lighter in the showroom. And the color isn’t on the website Saddle is. I want to be able to exchange this defective couch for Saddle. Also the exchange no refunds or returns policy was not ever ever verbally stated to me. Shameful customer service all around.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Ordered a desk. It was back ordered. Finally showed up. In pieces with two delivery guys and no instructions. They cross threaded and stripped several screws. Left one out. But I didn't notice the problem until they left. Now I have to jump through hoops to get it fixed. They refuse to pick it up. They should preassemble and inspect prior to delivery. This is my third and last Ashley purchase. Unprofessional and no regard to customer satisfaction.

UPDATED ON 02/08/2018: I ordered a desk. Delivery guys did not assemble it correctly. I didn't notice it until they left. They refused to pick it up. I filed a review on here. They ordered me a new one. But now they are unwilling to schedule a delivery time that I can work with. My fourth and last Ashley purchase.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Should have looked at the reviews before walking into Ashley Furniture. I have never seen so many negative reviews for a company. Against my better judgment I decided to order a power recliner because it seemed comfortable and was a reasonable price even though it was on another site for less. The salesman informed me that I would have 24 hours after delivery to return it if it didn't work out minus a 10% restocking fee. Wasn't thrilled but ordered it anyway.

Went back into the store after examining the recliner again I decided it wouldn't be the right fit for me, so I called customer service to cancel the order, which was still 7 days out. I was informed that there was a 10% "cancellation fee", of which I had not been informed and even though it hadn't even left the warehouse I was responsible for the fee. The customer service supervisor was rude and condescending and offered no solution or compromise. She was unconcerned that I was unhappy and unlikely to ever step foot in another Ashley Furniture store.

Well, lesson learned and I recommend shopping anywhere but Ashley Furniture. Horrible customer service and experience. Wish I could give the review zero stars. Now to wait to see how long it takes to get my refund. Sadly I'm not too confident that it will be an easy process. Stay away! Off to La-Z-Boy I go for my new recliner. Well worth the extra money for quality and superior customer service!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Four years ago my husband and I sold our old house. We were moving into a bigger home & needed quite a bit of furniture. We liked a lot at Ashley & went with them. Bad idea. The salesman was a bit manic. He was running between us and a few other customers. He kept saying we could take our time, yet when we wanted things measured, he assured us it would all fit (sectional & coffee tables). Anyways we were told over & over how everything was built from scratch but we'd have it all within six weeks.

We bought a full bedroom & living room set. Delivery was a nightmare. Everything came piecemeal. They bring the bed but not the frame. The mirror for the dresser but no brackets to attach. It took much longer than six weeks, I want to stay it was closer to 3 months before we had it all. Our bed from the start was a mess. Creaked like mad when we moved at all, the mattress shifted, etc. they sent someone out - who propped wooden sticks under the slats that the bed sat on. Come to find out (2 ruined mattresses in 4 years later) there was supposed to be a board between the mattress & frame.

The dresser drawers are hard to open & shut & 1 is stuck open. The coffee table we were assured would fit in between our sectional - did not. So it's placed in an odd vertical way. Not to mention the numerous chips in the tables, which happens by setting down something. Our sofas - completely worn & peeled within a year. They sag horribly now, to the point where I want to buy new already. It's just my husband and I, not a bunch of kids or family around, so the way these pieces have worn so quickly is hard to believe.

When I called numerous times to complain about delivery - I was given our delivery fees back & basically told that's it. When I tried to use our amazing warranty for any of it- was told to read the contract carefully again - & found basically someone would have to take a machete to our furniture to get anything. Overall, if I could give negative stars I would. Since our problems began have heard from dozens of people other horror stories. The pieces we purchased from Value City furniture were cheaper & better! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchase a two section couch for over $1,800.00 with Ashley Furniture and at 5 months had to replace all the cushions because they were coming undone and ripping. The only reason they were replaced was because it was still under 1 year of warranty. Then 6 to 7 months afterwards it happened again and I decided to take advantage of the $299.95 insurance coverage I purchased with MontageFS through Ashley Furniture and they denied the repair. They will only cover your Furniture if house burns down or your dog takes your whole couch and destroys it. What are the chances of that happening? Think about it! So from my experience I wouldn’t purchase from them again, if you do buy at your own risks. Not good quality furniture.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Purchased a bedroom set in November. Originally scheduled 2-6 weeks which was fine. At end of 6 weeks told it would be a bit longer and would call me next week. I waited another week before calling myself for an update. Now being told some has arrived but other pieces will take another week or two before I'm able to get delivery. I've paid for delivery, and the only solution I was given is to deliver part of it to me and then I can pay for a 2nd delivery fee, or come pick up part of it myself at a location over an hour from my home. I shouldn't be required to pay additional delivery charges when something is already weeks late, or have to pick up something on my own when I've been charged to have it delivered.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

We purchased 2 couches and the “platinum plan” about 3 years ago. For 2 1/2 years I have been sending emails, making phone calls and going to the store to have my couches repaired. To no avail. The seams started separating and one of the electric recliners broke within 2 months. We called the store and they told us the warranty expired and to call the protection plan company we paid 250.00 for. They told us they did not cover splitting seams. As a matter of fact when we read the plan, they really didn’t cover much. The salesman told us it covered “everything”.

That’s a lie. Finally someone came and sewed the seams and fixed the broken wood on the recliner. Shortly after, the couch started to fray (large strings hanging from the couch with pulls) and more seams have separated. For 2 years I have gone back and forth trying to get someone to help me. I did get a call saying they would send a technician to clip the strings. I asked if I could contact someone else and that was a dead end. Continued to email anyone from Ashley. On November I received an email stating someone from customer care management would be contacting me.

Today is Jan 11 2018, and I still have not heard from anyone. Customer service is as bad as their furniture. So in the end, I have wasted 2 1/2 years waiting for help and I have a couch that is falling apart, I also have a 250. Warranty that is worthless and am still waiting for someone to contact me. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

You have to try to get these bad reviews. Furniture from Ashley grossly late. Unable to resolve issues with appropriate staff. Always an excuse for poor service. Upon furniture arrival the wood frame backing of the couch literally broke. Delivery staff placed furniture in area not requested to hide damage. Missing piece of furniture. Scratches to table.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

We purchased $5000 worth of furniture less than 2 years ago. The salesman pitched quite a sales pitch when telling us how valuable the Platinum Warranty Protection plan is. Said it covered EVERYTHING... let scratches/damage, stains, tears... everything. So of course we bought it. Had we known it was a big lie, misleading and false advertising, we would have saved our money. Tried to file my very first claim today. One issue being a tear in the seat of our power recliner. So, was it covered? No. Why? Because not only did I not report it the second it happened, I also had no idea what initially started it. Second issue. A tear on the back side of one of the couch cushions that runs horizontally. Was it covered? Again, no. Why? Because it's on a seam and again, I wasn't sure what caused it, other than it being a popular place to sit on the couch.

Oops, honesty isn't the best policy, I guess. Now, that's considered normal wear and tear. They don't cover that. What??? Is that normal for a cushion to split in the back and to be considered normal wear and tear?!?! I am beyond livid. I asked if we could get a refund for the warranty since clearly they won't let you use it for anything. The rep said we probably could, but it would likely be pro-rated. Wait... again, what??? Pro-rated? We haven't even used it and we would still lose money on that? Never again will we buy from Ashley Furniture. We were completely misled by false advertising, which in my eyes, is a crime. Just disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

They delivered our sectional damaged! After a month and a half and three different appointments to fix. The guy shows up and tells me he's only here to take a picture and order the replacement. What the **, the guys that delivered it already did that and now I have to wait another month for the piece to be delivered before I call them back to make another ** appointment. I will never shop there again and I'll make sure to tell all my family and friends never to go there!

Ashley Furniture Company Information