1.09/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2910 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 11, 2018

Sofa - The warranty is no good. I was at the store and they said every is cover which is a lie. I called the company and they couldn't help at all. They said it has to be out of pocket. Don't get the warranty. Not worth it at all!!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have had problems with every piece (Living Room Furniture Set) I purchased at Ashley. The cocktail table(s) were missing parts, the drawers didn't align properly, there were scratches and discolorations in the finish, it was missing a spring, and does not stay in the raised position. This the 4th one delivered, I am still waiting for it to be fixed. The area rug still has creases that will not come out. The end tables had blemishes, and the finish needed to be sanded and re-sprayed with varnish. One of them had to be replaced. The 3rd party repair company refinished 20% of what was wrong, and refused to fix the rest. The sofa was missing the electric motor to recline, and they just replaced a torn leather panel on one side - after several conversations and requests. The loveseat has a puncture in the leather. Ashley says it's their warranty company's responsibility, the warranty company says it's not - meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a resolution.

I've spent over 15 hours on the phone with Ashley, their repair company, and their warranty company, and have had to wait on seven different occasions for the repair people to come during a 3- hour window. I've had to call over 30 times, and texted and e-mailed pictures of the damaged areas. I was promised a gift certificate good for merchandise in their store, for all I've had to put up with - but it was never sent! I said I would fix the finish issues if they could send or tell me the proper sandpaper and spray finish.

After telling me these would be sent, I never received either one! They schedule repairs, then the work orders are not complete, and all of the repairs cannot be completed - requiring more of the consumer's time, more phone calls, more waiting. The phone calls typically take over fifteen minutes, between getting connected, transferred, put on hold, or other reasons. The customer service people are pleasant, but follow through is very poor. I would not recommend them to anyone. I've had the worst purchase experience ever!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: April 10, 2018

Well, this is the last time I ever purchase anything from Ashley Furniture, Shallotte, NC specifically. I am writing this in regard to their customer care and the fake cleaning warranty that they sold me when I bought my 2 couches. When I bought my couches for our beach house, they sold me an extended warranty to have the couches cleaned in the event they ever needed it. They sold it on the premise that if I rented my house out, then I wanted this service. When I called their customer care, they had me call their "Warranty Company" - Furniture Care Protection (FCP - 888-705-4001).

I called them early Monday morning and they told me to text some pictures to their number, which I did immediately. I told them I wanted service fairly soon since I was only down for a few days. They said they would get right back to me. Of course, they never replied, so I called again Wednesday. They told me that person was at lunch and they would get right back. No call, so I called Friday when I got home. Then they said they only review the claim pictures on Friday mornings. This would have been nice to know (if even true) on Monday, instead of wasting the whole week waiting for return calls.

The best part was this guy then said they would not be able to handle my claim as he looked at my pictures. He gave me about 5 reasons that they don't cover claims, like stains in multiple locations, or if they have been there for any amount of time. Basically, there is no way they cover anything or any cleaning. The whole warranty is a scam. The worst part though is the poor service from the Warranty company and Ashley Furniture, as I had to call them on numerous occasions. They never responded to me whatsoever, and that was after telling me they would get back to me. I just asked them to give my money back for the fake warranty. They said they could not do that.

One call, the office manager told me the store manager was not in, then when I said I was going to write some reviews, and all of a sudden, the manager was right there. The last thing I heard from the store was that I needed to call FCP again. Really??? I am now such a frustrated customer that I had to type this review, and I will write many more wherever I can. Too bad I couldn't give negative stars because I would. Todd Wanek (CEO) of this company should not allow customers to be treated this way as you can be sure everyone I know will be warned.

Original review: April 9, 2018

For the last week I have experienced the WORST customer service I’ve ever seen from any company. I ordered a dresser and was delivered the wrong one. I took an entire day off work so I could be there for the delivery. Then I was told they couldn’t re-deliver the right one for another 1-2 weeks! I had to call multiple people and they eventually agreed to deliver it Tuesday. I told them I could only be there in the afternoon. They said that was fine. I got a call Saturday saying they were delivering it in the morning. I said I couldn’t do that, I was told I could get it delivered in the afternoon. They said I was given “false information.” They requested a delivery time change and it was denied.

I was contacted by someone on Twitter who stopped responding to me. I was told I would be called back by multiple customer service reps who never called back. I just spent HOURS on the phone with customer service who told me there was literally nothing they could do to help AND that I couldn’t speak to any more managers or supervisors. I've never been treated so poorly or experienced such horrendous customer service. I will NEVER buy anything from Ashley again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Contrary to the mostly critical reviews we read before the store visit, we decided to visit the Ashley store in Woodbridge, VA anyway. Staff was very friendly, and Robert, our sales person was very pleasant and professional. After a brief conversation with him, he guided us to a living room set we instantly loved. In addition, we purchased a new bed, which wasn’t planned, but due to his sales expertise and a pretty good discount, we decided to get it all.

We asked to hold off delivery as we wanted to get some painting done first. This was done sooner than expected so we called and requested to move up the delivery date. To our delight, we received confirmation that the delivery could be done within one week from our call. Though we were skeptical due to the short notice of change in the date, the delivery promptly took place (with upfront email and text confirmation). The delivery crew has also been very friendly, efficient, and professional. 10 stars for the Ashley store in Woodbridge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: April 7, 2018

I purchased a leather sectional from Ashley Furniture HomeStore two and a half years ago for $3,972. After a year, and much negotiating with Ashely Furniture and Montage their protection assurance company, the couch was replaced due to the leather peeling and fading. A year and a half later the leather on the replacement couch has faded in the areas that are most satin. The furniture quality and customer service of Ashley Furniture are very poor.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought a living room, bedroom and a dining room from Ashley and they delivered the furniture and set it up and it was great until I called the company responsible for the service plan. They kept denying my claims saying because I have moved. I felt being punished because I changed my address. This service plan felt more like an insurance coverage than a service plan you call when you have a problem. Now, the reason I gave Ashley one star is when I bought the furniture at their store, the salesperson kept saying "this is a great service plan, and they will fix your furniture even if you took a pen and stuck into the sofa" and those were his exact words.

Shame on you salesperson, and shame on you Ashley for selling a good product but with a useless plan. I paid about $500 for a "service plan" that I cannot get to get them to fix simple stuff. This is what I call a rip-off and I must let others know. I would have been satisfied with the furniture as is without a service plan if I have not paid money for it that went with the wind, but shame on you Ashley and Ashford for ripping people's money off with a junk service plan.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set online after chatting with the online help to confirm that I could select a delivery date. I am purchasing furniture for a home in a different state and need the furniture to be delivered on a specific date. True as stated, I was able to select the date I needed for the delivery. The confirmation email came back with a different date. I contacted the customer service rep who stated that the area I having delivered to only delivers on Thursdays. I asked if they could make an exception, I asked to speak with a manager and was told that she could not escalate my call. To top if off when I asked that the order be canceled, she said she notified the store and they will contact me. I didn't order from a store - I ordered online. This was my first experience with Ashley Furniture and my last.

Original review: April 6, 2018

On March 31, 2018 my wife and I purchased a king size mattress, coffee/storage table, oversize recliner and oversize dual recliner loveseat that totaled $5478.20 with $199.00 delivery charge for April 6, 2018 clearly on our invoice. We sold and removed our living room furniture, shampooed the carpets to be ready for our new furniture and our bed as well. My wife became curious of what time Ashley would be delivering on the 6th and made calls to our salesperson Jose ** who told her he would call back in 10 minutes, but never did even after several attempts to call him. My wife then called their corporate office and talked to Christian ** answered our question with "we would not be receiving ANY furniture till April 13, 2018", this is a MAJOR inconvenience. We have no furniture!! Mr. ** was apologetic but could not answer any more questions, so we ask for his manager or supervisor, at first he was refusing in fear that it would get him in trouble.

His manager Josh, no last name, Mr. ** refused it. We were told by Mr. ** that Josh the manager, who would not get on the phone, said the delivery would be sometime on the April 13, 2018 date or we could cancel the order, so we cancelled the order, but Mr. ** couldn't tell me when we would be refunded our money. This is their mistake completely and I would want my refund expedited so we can buy our furniture somewhere else. Terrible customer service, with an IT'S IT AND THAT'S THAT mentality, and you cannot speak to a manager.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Ashley furniture is stealing from their customers!!! I purchased a chair on Sunday, March 25; called and canceled the order at 10:00 A.M. Monday, March 26! Payment was $500 from my debit card, basically cash and the remainder from my credit card! I have yet to get my money back and heard all kind of excuses, including there was a holiday... Easter... Nice try, but no financial institutions are closed for Easter! What in this day and age would take over 10 days to give a former customer a refund on their debit card? And still the girl could not tell me when this money will be refunded to my account, which is now, thanks to their lack of customer service, my account is overdrawn!

Buyer beware! Ashley Furniture will hold "your" money... Not their money for over ten days before getting back to you... I say 10 days or more because I have yet to get my money. It is 10 days and counting!!! Facebook and every outlet I can think of will be displaying this message! Maybe it is time to rethink how Ashley Furniture treats their customers. Most of them will be former than recurring customers with this business ethic!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I am writing this to express my frustration with customer service I received from Ashley's Norwalk Store Manager Rondell and TJ from Consumer Affairs. I placed an order with Rondell on February 9, 2018 in the Norwalk store where Rondell did what salespeople do very well and sold me furniture. When entering the store I told Rondell I needed the furniture ASAP because I had a condo which needed to be furnished quickly I could move in. He told me he could have the furniture delivered to me on February 23rd but if he could get it to me sooner he would. It sounded legit to me so I placed the order and went on my way. I tried to call the Norwalk Store the following days, but did not get in touch with anyone until Tuesday Feb 13th and when someone finally picked up she had explained that the phones were down.

I spoke with Rondell again, I expressed my concerns about being worried the queen bedroom furniture and sectional were going to be too big for the place. Rondell explained, let my guys try to get it in the condo and if it doesn't fit he would take it back with no restocking fee and I could come in and pick something else out that would work for the space. I was told by Rondell that my furniture would be delivered Feb 23rd. I called Monday February 19th to confirm with the store that the furniture was going to be delivered that Friday the 23rd when I learned that it was not going to be delivered that day. The lady told me it would be delivered March 2nd which I had told them, "No. I need the furniture and that is not the date promised to me."

I had to call back two times after leaving messages with the receptionists, then finally I talked to Rondell when he said all the furniture was not in. Rondell offered me the floor model which I declined because that's not what I ordered. I explained to Rondell that I will have to cancel the order since they could not deliver on the date promised to me and I had a condo and needed a place to move in. When I went into the store to return the mattress protectors and pillow, Rondell would not discuss this with me. He throw a piece of paper at me and told me I can cancel but I will owe a 30% restocking fee. I told him I do not approve this payment because I held up my part of the deal and he was not able to come through with the promised date.

At that time I explained to him that I had not even received any furniture and according to them they did not have it so they could not deliver so why am I paying a restocking fee when if they had the items then they could have delivered. They want me to pay 2,700 dollars for a restocking fee because I cancelled due to Ashley's not coming through with their promised date. Horrible customer service and I would not recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought a dining room table from Ashley Furniture on black Friday 2017- table was scheduled to be delivered a week or so later. Got the table, looked beautiful. I was so happy with it. That did not last very long. I did my financing through Wells-Fargo, and before my first payment was due, the finish on the table started to peel off. I originally thought it was because I had left a glass of water on the table for a couple hours- not very long, not overnight, not for days, just for a COUPLE HOURS. I bought the protection plan, so I figured I’d give them a call to see if they could come out and fix it- what a surprise, the protection plan only covers incidentals- does not cover anything related to water damage.

The woman I spoke with suggested since I hadn’t had the table very long, to call Ashely Furniture directly and see if they’d be able to help me. I called, and spoke to the rudest woman I think I’ve ever spoken to in my life- she said if it's water damage it's 100% my fault, and there is nothing they will do to help. She then snapped at me and said if that glass hadn’t been there, then the water damage would never have happened. I still felt like this was something that should not have happened, I have owned my kitchen table for almost 10 years and leave glasses of water on it all of the time- and this table is just NOW 10 years later starting to show wear and tear.

Decided to try calling Wells Fargo to see if there was anything they could help me with, I did not feel like I should have to pay over $500 for a table that turned into junk within a month. Spoke to a woman who said she could start a dispute for me with Ashley Furniture and they’d have to look into it instead of just brushing me off and putting all the blame on me- She also agreed that this should not have happened in this short timeframe. About a week or so later, I get a phone call to schedule a service technician to come look at the table- they scheduled it for Monday March 19th- Said I would get a phone call the week prior to let me know the time frame. I ended up getting a text message letting me know that the technician would come between 11am-1pm. This was not a time that would work out for me, so I called to get it rescheduled.

Of course was told that I couldn’t pick my time and that they come when they want. But the lady would reschedule and try to put a note on there for a later time- Got it rescheduled for the following week. Monday March 19th rolls around and I get a call from the service technician letting me know that she is on her way- frustrated because I specifically rescheduled this because I was not going to be home at that time, fortunately the technician was running early so I happened to be home- She made it over and checked out the table with me

Her review on the table is that it indeed IS water damage, but not due to a glass of water, but due to me WASHING THE TABLE WITH A WASHCLOTH. She said the finish on these tables are so thin, the finish peels right off after you wipe it down. I questioned why the salesperson didn’t tell me to make sure to get a tablecloth right away? And she said “oh because the salespeople have no CLUE”. I called back to Ashley Furniture because I wanted to speak to a manager regarding how frustrated I am with this whole situation, and how I have been treated and how horrible their product is, etc. I was forwarded to the manager’s VM- because she had left for the day. Left a message with my phone#, and addressing my concerns. Never got a call back from her.

Weeks went by and still- I never heard back from Wells Fargo or Ashley Furniture as far as what is going on with my claim- Called Wells- Fargo first and spoke to a woman who said they now have closed the claim and have sent out a letter stating that water damage is not covered under any warranty, or factory anything and basically too bad so sad, I’ll need to deal with this. Practically livid at this point, I decided to call Ashely Furniture again, and spoke with a woman and let her know how upset I was that their company does not stand behind their product and is putting the blame on me that this is all my fault- she placed me on hold and spoke with her manager, after she came back on the line she reiterated the same information that I had been told- water damage, all your fault, nothing they will do no matter how the water damage happened.

I asked how the heck I was supposed to clean my table off if I can’t use a washcloth?? She had nothing to respond with. I tried to tell her that I don’t pour water on my table and leave it there for days- I wash it and dry it immediately. She would not let me speak to her manager, nor was the manager willing to speak to me. Ashley Furniture is a total JOKE!!! Their product is garbage and their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I have been a loyal customer with Ashley Furniture for over 10 years- Majority of my furniture in my house is from them. After what I went through with this dining room table, I will never ever buy a single product from them again, nor will I ever recommend them to anyone I know.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My name is Jackie **. Amarillo Tx 79109. I purchased a dinette set from Ashley 4 days ago. I called on same day of delivery that the wood was way too dark in my home so I after talking to corporate offline I decided to go ahead and pay 25% fee and reorder another one in lighter color wood and they will not accept me returning it. That is not what the policy says. I have never dealt with people like this. I will never purchase another thing from Ashley Furniture and my bombers to other people will not be good.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have a scheduled delivery between 8-12. I receive a text message at 8:34 reminding me of my delivery. There is a tracking option, so I do the tracking only to learn that delivery wasn't possible and the crew is on to their second stop. I called immediately. I'm told that the crew took two photos of my home to prove they were there and tried to call several times. They never knocked on my door, so I have no idea where they actually were. Then I got cut off and had to call back. Another person described the photos and they were of cross streets about a mile away, not of my home at all. I was told 30 minutes ago that dispatch would be calling me in 15 to see if I could be rescheduled for today. Still no phone call. I took off work today for this delivery. There are more reliable and trustworthy businesses out there. Use them.

Updated on 04/05/2018: I posted a review on 4/3/18 about the delivery service. It's two days later and they've managed to mess up two more times. I'm now on the phone with the store to cancel my order. I've been on hold for 5 minutes - the store has only been open for 10 minutes. I sense they're trying to wear me down!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I bought a sofa, oversized chair and ottoman from Ashley Homestore in Greenville, SC on March 13, 2018. After waiting 10 days for the furniture to be delivered, all three pieces arrived damaged! The sofa was scratched up on the left front and the front nailheads were not aligned. It looked someone who had had too much to drink put them on. The ottoman was scratched and paint peeling off in NUMEROUS places. On some of scratches, you could tell someone had tried to touch up the paint with a brown marker before delivering the furniture. The ottoman also was missing two nailheads. The oversized chair had fabric pulling away from the seams as well as more scratches. I spent $1939.89 on what I thought was going to be new furniture but instead all three pieces arrived damaged and looked at best like used furniture.

After speaking with a customer service representative who offered me $200 in a store credit (what the heck is $200 going to buy?) or $100 off the purchase price (um, no thank you. There was more than $100 worth of damage done), I decided to just get a refund. Why would I want to waste any more time on a company that would allow for such crappy furniture to be delivered to someone’s house? I understand that things can get damaged en route to my house, but when furniture leaves the warehouse already “touched up” and you still send it out to be delivered, that’s just bad customer service. I didn’t pay for used furniture. I paid for NEW furniture!

After they came to pick up the furniture, I called to inquire about my refund. I was told it would take 7-14 business to receive a refund! It didn’t take them 7-14 business days to take the money out of my account. Why should it take that long to be refunded? Plus, I was charged a 10% restocking fee and 79.99 to be picked up! What the heck? How are you going to charge me 10% restocking fee when the furniture was clearly damaged before it even left the warehouse! They knowingly sent me damaged goods and now I have to pay 10% of my refund to have them restock it. Ridiculous!

Customer service refused to budge on the 10% fee and would not let me speak to anyone in the Woodruff Rd store to explain the situation to. I understand their policy, but right is right. You can’t knowingly send out damaged furniture and then charge a customer 10% restocking fee because I refuse to do business with you anymore. I learned a valuable lesson today...NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ASHLEY HOMESTORE!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I spent 3k on a dark brown cloth sectional. I bought the one year service plan. After having it a couple of weeks I had all The cushion replaced because we could feel the wood. Shortly after my plan expired all of the pull gadgets were broken so nothing could recline any longer. I feel this was the 3rd worse purchase in my 46 years. Cheap quality although beautiful.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I went all the way to NJ to get a new twin XL bed. I walk in and the first thing they tell me is they do not stock twin XL bedframes and that they are available by special order only. I agree to order a frame with the foundation and paid close to $550. The salesperson said that delivery and taxes were included. However the delivery fee is actually $181 and the bed itself cost $350. They tell me that it would arrive in two weeks time. The delivery team was super friendly but it turns out the salesperson put the wrong size rails for the order, effectively rendering the bed useless because the rails are required to support the mattress.

The store calls me back ASAP to apologize and to find the correct size rails nearby. They told me it would take another TWO WEEKS just to wait for rails, so I cancelled the order and the team took back the order. I felt bad too because the delivery team was friendly and you could tell they were upset by this, but it wasn't their fault at all. Currently waiting for a refund. Ashley definitely lost my business. I would not recommend other people to shop there. My IKEA furniture got here faster than Ashley Furniture did.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Was pleased with the purchase at first. Serta I comfort King mattress and Ashley motorized base. Within 3 months the motorized base began making loud noises whenever you move. Checked all nuts underneath and they were all tight but noise persisted. Ashley sent tech out who did have the bottom half replaced. Seemed ok.

Within 1 year of purchase the mattress developed a sag. The base started to make noise again. So 18 months into a 10 year mattress warranty Serta/Ashley agreed to warranty replacement on mattress. Full replacement. We went into store to pick out new mattress... Mattresses must have come down in price. We picked out a Sealy. It was about $900 less than original mattress. Ashley handed me a document to sign that I was forfeiting that $900 to them. I was irritated. We picked out a more expensive mattress then. I have never heard of a warranty going like that. I was losing faith fast.

Now the 18 month old base. I purchase the extended warranty. GBS sent a contractor out to see what the issue is. At this point you cannot shift your weight without waking the other person. Same issue as before. Sounds like it is falling apart but all bolts are tight. The man said he thinks it is a design flaw. Has started seeing this since they went to one big base for the kings instead of the split ones. He said he would put his report in. After two weeks of hearing nothing I called. GBS says they will not handle a claim as it seems like a design issue, not anything they can fix. Plus since the bottom was replaced already it shows this. They told us we need to go fight with the retailer. I do not remember seeing this in the fine print.

The way it should work is they should replace the base, then they should fight with Ashley. So looks like more aggravation for more me. It has been the worst $4000 ever spent. Guess we will find out this weekend when we go into store. I seriously doubt I will get any satisfaction from the store. Great scam they have going with the extended warranty. The only reason I got it was due to the many moving parts on the base. Oh yes. Also, the massage unit on the feet do not work. The plug cords are too short. When you raise the feet they unplug.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I had purchased a sleeper sofa from Ashley Furniture store online last year in May because I was in need of a new sofa. It hasn't even been a and the sofa has already broke, the bed frame became jammed and stuck causing one side to break off the couch. So the frame will no longer fold back into the sofa. I did call their customer care and was given a day and time frame for a technician to come out and take a look at the problem.

On March 27th the technician came out to look at the problem. He took pictures and attempt to force the frame back into the couch almost causing more damage to the sofa. I was told they were going to review and contact me sometime soon. It's been a couple days and I received a call saying they will replace the frame and that all solutions were resolved. I called back and spoke with customer care and was supposed to be directed to a technician supervisor, but I was disconnected from the phone call and I called back again to only be directed to Anna the manager of customer care. She told me they cannot replace it because it's wear and tear. Again I was never directed to a technician supervisor. Hasn't even a year since I purchased this sofa and they refused to fix it claiming wear and tear over the duration of time.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I recently purchased a kitchen table from Ashley Furniture in Orange Park, FL. Arrival date kept changing, no communication. Made several calls to find out what was going on. Ordered table on Feb 10, 2018 - Did not arrive to warehouse till March 23. Once it got to warehouse, I called 4 times to try and get delivery date for my table. They kept saying, "Someone will call you." A date was finally set up, store told me the wrong date, I took day off work and they called that morning said they only delivered to that area on Friday. I was so frustrated at this point, I cancelled my table. Got my money refunded. Customer service was horrible, lies and no communication. Do not ever buy anything from this company. You will be lied to from day 1.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought dining room set for 2000 dollars. Lasted 1 year. Chair broke with screw that are faulty unscrewing themself, and the insurance I bought platinum they steal your money 350 dollars and don’t want to cover anything. It’s awful that they let these thieves rob you. Thanks Ashley for nothing.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I got a living room... And they sold an insurance. 2 of the sofas got damage. Now I called and they told me they cant take my claim. DON'T BUY ANY INSURANCE. You just pay and they don't cover what they said. Very disappointed. Actually the lady at the phone wasn't very nice.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Purchased furniture from Ashley’s furniture 1 year and 3 months ago and the furniture is completely uncomfortable, cushions are flattened and when you sit you sink in. This furniture set is made very cheap and I spent thousands. Extremely disappointed with the company. They didn’t help me and could care less about my feelings. I even purchased a 5 year protection plan for no reason because it doesn’t cover wear and tear.. (ridiculous). So disappointed. I even called the store I purchased it at and the customer service I received was insulting. I simply learned my last time I will purchase anything from Ashley furniture store.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Ashley Furniture makes poor quality furniture and misleads their customers. I bought a dining room table there 6 months ago and the table stain is coming off in spots. When I called to make the claim under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, they said that the warranty was only for 1 day and there was nothing they could do. When I bought the furniture, no one said that there would be a 1 day warranty (except with delivery damage). The customer service agent said that limited meant one day. I am very disappointed in the service and the quality of the furniture.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Do NOT trust delivery times!! We bought our furniture in the first week of March. We were told that our furniture would be delivered by 3/20/2018. We had not calls about the delivery by 3/19, so we called. They said that the furniture would be delivered "to the dock" by 4/4/2018... And then they had another 14 days or so to get it to our house. On discussions with 3 of the staff on our original sale date... We discussed our timeline and were told they could meet it. Fail. Major fail. Ashley's did a horrible job in managing our expectations. I will never purchase a product from them in the future, unless they are loading it into my truck that day.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have never been so offended or disrespected dealing with a company in my life. They delivered a faulty and defective product and gave the option of returning the product at a 25% cost to myself. I had numerous calls with their customer service line in Winnipeg and every time I called, I was told a new lie or misrepresentation. They are dishonest and do not respect their customers. I hate that I spent any of my hard earned money in their store. I would never go back there. Dishonest liars.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Not the best way to win over new customers! We placed an order 2 months ago for a delivery today Saturday March 24th for a kitchen table and chairs. We confirmed the delivery with the office and warehouse that we would be home to receive it. They gave us a 4-hour window from 1-5 pm so we arranged our Saturday to wait for the delivery. It is now 5 pm and no delivery!

We called the warehouse and guest services and was told our order was cancelled! It appears the kitchen table and chairs were damaged. But they never told us! The customer service rep said it can be another month before we would receive a new order. I requested to speak to the district manager a Mr. Felix **. Meanwhile I have no table and chairs and with the holidays coming up I have no table and seating to accommodate my 16 guests! Thanks Ashley Furniture. You just lost a customer and other potential customers who are considering purchasing from you.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My wife ordered a chair online, and was promised a choice of delivery options - WRONG - Thursdays only. So, we both took off work to accommodate the delivery. It was 9:30 PM before the truck arrived!! The delivery guys were in a hurry, so it wasn't until 5 minutes after they left that we found the chair DOES NOT RECLINE! I called them and they said to look for a release inside the armrest - WRONG! There is no release! But, by reaching up inside the chair I was able to manually actuate the recline function. So, guess my wife need to tip up the chair each time to release it. This will get resolved tomorrow! They will be told to come get the chair, make a full refund, or fix the recline function. More to come...

Original review: March 22, 2018

I ordered a bed and paid for delivery. They could never deliver at the time I needed, so I had to pay another delivery company to pick up my bed. I called Ashley Furniture and they said they would credit me for my delivery fee prior to me getting someone to pick it up. They never credited the delivery fee. Another instance - I ordered a couch and again they are very difficult to deal with getting delivered. I finally set up a time 1pm - 4pm. The drivers got to my place early and I wasn't there. They called me and I let them know I was stuck in traffic and would be there in 10 minutes could they wait. They told me they would. I got here and they had left. I called and they told me they would have to reschedule. Very difficult company to deal with. In getting resolution you have to stay on the phone 30 - 40 minutes to get someone to pick up.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Do not buy anything from Ashley Furniture if you want to avoid unnecessary waits and headaches. Good luck when returning items. Very poor service, they made two different files for me, when trying to look me up, they say, "I can't find you," they make me wait for a whole hour to finally figure out my file. Also, we purchased an item that was too large for our room, when we requested for return, they said it is not a justifiable enough reason, and we have to pay 25% return fee which we did because we were so fed up that we did not want to deal with it anymore. For the rest of the items, they arrived damaged with missing parts that we are still dealing with until today and who knows when it will be resolved.

Ashley Furniture Company Information