2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.2/5 (134 ratings)

About Chuck E Cheese

Chuck E Cheese Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I recently visited this establishment. I arrived at approximately 7:15 for my granddaughter preschool graduation. I went to the counter to place a good order and to get the 4 kids who were in attendance their play cards. I returned and her present (Pandora earrings) was gone by approximately 745-8:00. I was just about to take her gift to the car. The managers were no help. I'm calling corporate on Monday since they are closed on the weekends but this is ridiculous.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When I was younger I went to Chuck E Cheese and thought it was so fun I went there all the time. Now I'm trying to relive those moments but I can't because the service is terrible. The pizza is left over from other customer's plate and for like 100 tickets you only get one plastic toy. A lot of people really don't like this place and I'm one of them and I would not recommend taking your kids to this awful place.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I gave my son a birthday party there. We were shorted everything. I paid for the highest package for 15 kids. None of the kids got their Dippin' Dots or the party bags. When I tried to tell them that I didn't get those item they wanted to say that I was lying and there was nothing that could be done about it. Still until this day no one has contacted me in regards to this matter.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am a grandmother with 12 grandchildren, have gone to Chuck E Cheese, gone Birthday parties, and given At least ten there. This time was the last. Here is what happened to the end. I was asked if I’d like soda when pizza served I said yes. Soda came after already eating pizza for ten minutes. When they brought it finally they brought a pitcher of water. I was asked would I like cups for adults I said yes. They gave me six. Being I paid for 8 (booked party for ten) only 6 showed up. I took the nonexistent kids cups and had 2 sodas honestly. However when I went to pay at end my bill was higher than it should be. I questioned it. They said they gave me 6 cups. Added a charge of $ 15 and some change. I explained the adults drank water from the pitcher. How else could they have any without cups. I instructed them to check the cups still on table. They were rude and I was overcharged.

The cards for my package for star did not have 30 done. Had 20 done. Had 25 my guests were asking why. I said I don't know. Hate those cards. Kids don’t know how to use and will scan by mistake losing the games paid for. TOKENS can be seen and kids loved them. I don’t like how they sing happy birthday to all the parties at same time. Can’t even hear your child’s name. No personalization. So sad this business no longer what it used to be. The only thing the girl who served our party was sweet and amazing. Goodbye Chuck E Cheese. We will not be back as a paying customer. Do not recommend!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Bring back Showbiz!!!! That’s where the real fun is. Chuck E Cheese nowadays is waaaaayyy too expensive. My youngest daughter is 7 and her first party was at Chuck E Cheese. Would of had many more there but it just wasn’t fun for her. Bring back Showbiz and everything that came with it (including the characters Mitzi, Fatz, and Billy bob). I think you’ll have a better outcome????‍♀️

Original review: March 12, 2018

My experience in Chuck E Cheese in West Islip was terrible because they charge more in 200 dollar in my bill then they don't want to give me my copy bill. The cashier answer me that is the quantity on my bill. Then went to my house, I check my bill and take my calculator and the real quantity was 600 dollars. They charge 830 dollar. They stole my money. That was the first and last time to celebrate my son birthday on Chuck e cheese. I never back to Chuck e cheese.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We did a drop-in party after having spoken to someone early in the morning. Once we arrived, Cheryl set up the table for us and got us set up right away. Everything was great until the table/party next to ours took over our table. They started by taking the chairs, sitting at our table, and taking the cups and the goody bags. Lastly they started placing their presents on our table in turn STEALING our only present and an envelope (which turned out had cash in it). The manager Cheryl clearly saw as the other party RAIDED and took over our table however, she did nothing. She stood there and watched with another employee as they did what they pleased.

One of the ladies of the other party was so sure that they did not take the present, they had us walk over to their trunk to look. An employee also came along to witness. The child who brought the present pointed out the bag instantly. We had to literally grab the present from their trunk! Then, they had the tenacity to ask the child (8 years old) what was in it, where she bought it and other questions of the like. In the end, they would not leave Chuck E Cheese and insisted on getting physical with us because we accused them of being thieves. If anyone asks if Chuck E Cheese is a safe location, I will bluntly say NO.

The other party was supposed to end at 7:30 pm. They did not leave until 8:15 pm. Note that we did not start our party until about 7:30 pm. so having only been "enjoying" ourselves for about 30 minutes, we were at the point of just leaving. Another manager named Elora convinced us to stay and deeply apologized for the situation, something that Cheryl never did. I was speechless. Elora had more compassion and sympathy for the occurrences than the other manager or any of the employees who witnessed the atrocity. Elora attempted to make up for the bad experience and was very friendly and checked in on us from then on until we left. If Elora had been there sooner, I am sure she would have prevented the salutation from occurring in the first place. I was told the other party would have an attendant. That attendant should have said something when they crossed the line, or at the least alerted the manager.

Will I ever again have a party at Chuck E Cheese you may ask? No, I will not, unless Elora is there the whole time. I will also not recommend Chuck E Cheese to anyone while incompetent people are employed. I will tell everyone to speak to Elora should they plan a party at the Concord location. Elora is a competent, understanding and compassionate employee who cares about the customers. I will also warn them of the incompetence and bad management my family experienced from Cheryl.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Took our 2 daughters and 3 year old granddaughter for a fun evening at the Katy TX location. As we sat down to eat my daughter went to get another piece and seen plastic sticking out of pizza crust. It was baked in tight. We all felt sick. Here we had tokens. Was hungry now felt sick like we had plastic in our throats. Horrible. Management said it was from the dough wrapper and they missed pulling it out or something like that. I didn't really care? She offered to refund Pizza and we can pay for our drinks and tokens lol. I explained how that didn't seem fair. She did end up refunding our money for a ruined evening and it will be very hard to ever want to go back. Makes you wonder how many times you ate plastic. She didn't seem all that concerned or disgusted.

Maybe I should have kept the pizza and shipped it back to the main headquarters. Luckily I took some very clear pictures in case someone wants to see them. I think this location needs a health inspection visit because she didn't seem all that surprised. She kept receipt. Stapled it to the refund but I'm sure the charge is on my debit card. Will add that info when it post.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Horrible service took 10 minutes for us to get our transaction done. The girl kept texting on her phone while taking our order. Our pizza took 45 minutes. Finally went up said, "Where's our pizza". Ooo it's done. We seen it sitting up there for awhile. When we done eating we asked a guy for a box he said, "Ok". And never brought it to us. Had once again try get someone to get us a box. All the workers had horrible attitudes. Half the games were not giving out tickets. They wasn't even that busy. Place was dirty. Tables weren't being cleaned. Just a around horrible experience. 11-14-17 had two orders only gave us one of the receipts. Spent over 50.00 on one order. The other 6.00.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I did a booking for my grandson birthday October 8,2017. I had to cancel Friday due to the passing of my mother. Chuck E Cheese just took my money 50.00. I feel like I just got Rob. They are robbing customer and I ask for my money back due to my mom's death and I was told no. They are taking my money even though we're not having a party. What kind of business just take someone hard earned money. I am a single parent. I want my deposit back. I'm having to bury my mother and I don't have money for someone to take. This is not fair at all really. It's not. I can't help this. Customer should be able to cancel reservation with someone. Telling them if they do they still going to keep it that call stealing and violation my right as a customer. Thank you but I need my money back. How can a company just takes someone money. How. Please help me especially if they have death in a family. Don't they have a heart.

Chuck E Cheese Company Information