Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo

3.8/5 (1388 reviews)

Overall Rating3.8 out of 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo (NMLS #399801), one of the biggest financial services companies in the country, provides home purchase and refinance loans in all 50 states. You can check rates online and then apply online, over the phone or in person with a local mortgage consultant. Loan options with Wells Fargo include conventional and government-backed loans, as well as jumbo loans and loans for new construction properties. As of the publishing date, Wells Fargo has temporarily suspended applications for home equity lines of credit (HELOCs).

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Free online banking and mobile app
  • Free money transfers
  • Large selection of financial products

Cons

• Low interest rates on savings accounts

Bottom Line

Wells Fargo provides bank accounts, loans, retirement planning, investment services, credit cards and merchant services. It has more than 13,000 ATMs and 5,400 branches in 39 states.

Wells Fargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?
Original review: March 27, 2018

I requested a rollover of my retirement funds online. Wells Fargo issued a distribution check payable directly to me, withholding taxes and making me responsible for an early withdrawal penalty. When I called to correct the mistake, the representative I spoke to said he could clearly see I requested a rollover and was confused. After putting me on hold, he returned and told me I could not actually request a rollover online. This statement appears on the website: "Roth Rollover - To request a Roth Account rollover, call 1-877-HRWELLS (1-877-479-3557), option 1 for assistance from a plan specialist."

The above statement does not adequately explain that I cannot request a rollover online! Worse yet, the website allows you to go through all the steps of requesting a rollover (you can select the "rollover" option, enter your institution name, etc.). However, Wells Fargo will then just send you a direct distribution check. They clearly had information to see I requested a rollover, yet they did not contact me before sending the direct distribution check. Now, they claim the payment is final and there is nothing they can do to correct their mistake. The Wells Fargo representative said this has happened to other people many times before. I am horrified that Wells Fargo has made a habit of mishandling many people's retirement money.

Original review: March 26, 2018

When put in a situation that takes away your income, the company is very unhelpful. I asked for help or alteration on my loan due to loss of wages due to an injury. Now that I am about to be homeless and unable to pay they are going to charge me off. All the associates say they can help me by transferring me to different departments but everyone I speak to says there is nothing I can do. Looks like I’ll be homeless and in outrages debt. Thanks for your unhelp!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Had a company that I bought health car insurance from before it was pending. Had Wells Fargo put a block on it and closed out account and received a new account that I can use to write checks. Was told by Wells Fargo all was ok and my fast response they can block the check. She checked her computer and said it was not submitted yet and not to worry. One week later the charge was on my new account. I called and was told they transferred that charge to new account by mistake and would take care of it . GETTING THE RUN AROUND AND NO CREDIT OVER A WEEK OLD THEY ARE STILL LOOKING INTO IT BUT SAID DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO. Been with them over 10 years. They said it was their mistake and the taped conversation was not available.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Wells Fargo will hold my deposit for a week at a time. Changing the pending deposit dates each day. This causes my account to be overdrawn or I can't do any automatic drafts from my account. I am changing to 1st Citizens Bank. They are ranked #3 in banks. Wells Fargo had to reimburse me several hundred dollars last year for this same scam tactic. I will no longer do business with a bank that is looking for ways to steal money from their customers. Never again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been a customer with this bank for quite some time. I have currently had it with the excessive fees that are being charged on my account on bills that I pay online. I recently paid 3 bills this past Friday early in the morning as that is when my direct deposit hits. 2 bills came out correctly. The 3rd bill which paid at the same time as the others currently came out this morning with a fee added. I called and spoke to two different people. First woman I explained the situation to states my accnt is continuously overdrawn due my accnt being set-up for (something I didnt sign up for in the beginning) to be available for this to happen. She removed that.

In for of this bill that was paid on Friday she stated she would remove the 1 fee. I then called back (same day). Different person stated that I couldnt get the fee waived even since the money was in my accnt when money had been already taken out. When I overdraft my accnt I understand that it is my fault am accept FULL responsibility but not when the money is available and should be paid on the day I pay it instead of being held until my next direct deposit. This frustrating and stealing. I will be paying it current and removing my money within the next few days. This bank used to be very well but they are thieves like every other bank. Especially with hidden fees.

Original review: March 20, 2018

1695 North Woodland Blvd - Disgusted and Very Disappointed 13yr+ customer of Wells Fargo. I recently got divorced and changed my name on my license, ss, credit cards, my 3 licenses I carry with the State of FL, etc. So I go to the bank for the 4th time! I had to close and reopen my accounts a couple months back to get ex-husband off my account. I was told I would receive a card with mountains on it and a free box of checks. Well I never received them! Then I take in my letter I received from court to from the divorce and am told that document is unacceptable! The same document I used to change everything else!

I called my credit card company through Wells Fargo and they said I could change my name over the phone. Mind you they gave me a big story how they were protecting my identity that is why they could not change it in the branch! Nonsense!!! Cutting all ties with them and closing my accounts! Horrible customer service, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!

Original review: March 16, 2018

A little over a year ago I went abroad to be with my wife and thought that all of my account has been closed. Little did I know that my Chase account still has and ACH with Amazon and they pulled a monthly payment that made my acct negative. After coming back from abroad I realize this and gotten the acct back to positive, but decided to go to Wells Fargo after that to try something new. This would be the biggest mistake I did, because of the way they treated me after.

It all started when I got my first check from work since coming back. I went to deposit my Check and somehow they require a Management approval. Okay I say it's probably their new policy. But over time I kinda notice that I was the only one who needs a Manager approval each time I come in either for deposit and/or withdraws. I don't understand the reason why the hell am I being treated this way. I did not steal their money, robbed them or write a bad checks, for them to treat me like a convicted felons is downright wrong. I am going to close my account with them and hopefully more people will start to leave them as well. For their reputation has been tarnish ever since all the scandal with the higher ups and seems like they are taking it on to the customers.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was aware of the history of fraud but was still optimistic. In the end, cancelling all business with them after I was charged $35 for a $1 overdraft, which I caught and resolved myself within 24 hours, 2 full days prior to any notification or charge. They were extremely resistant to any resolution that didn't involve them keeping the money they did not earn. Their reputation is very much earned.

Original review: March 13, 2018

401K simple question - The employee who answered my call into WF actually apologized for being bounced around. She then comes on/off the phone several times and then asks for my SS# and asks me to repeat it. Finally I get transferred to right department and new person asks the same information all over again??? Why??? I hung up on her aggravated I had to repeat all my personal information all over again. Why can't you get it right the 1st time? I can't stand WF - very sorry my employer has chosen this company to deal with.

Original review: March 12, 2018

There should be no reason why I can’t access my money when I manually deposited it to a branch. The times at which my money is available is not consistent whatsoever. One day I get it that same day the other I have to wait 2 days. For a broke college student it’s extremely annoying to have a check ready to deposit and have to wait to access it when it’s supposed to be available the moment you get it in. Mind you I deposited my check during a regular business day. This is the last time I do business with this establishment.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have never dealt with such incompetent associates. Misplaced my paperwork, continue to give incorrect information, will only communicate via snail mail which delays my finding out. Every time I call they need additional info. I spoke with supervisor Jasmine ** who assured me she'd resolve my issue and call me and I specify requested her to leave her findings on my voicemail if she did not reach me, yet she only left a message for me to call, yet again. She did not listen to anything I said and I found myself consistently repeating myself! I will never bank with them and I will be sure to pass the word to everyone I know!

Original review: March 5, 2018

I am writing in response to a sudden not communicated reduction in my credit line that I have had established for well over 10 years. I have been with Wells Fargo (and banks they have purchased) for nearly 30 years. I have used my credit line and always have paid it back in a timely manner for all these years. After almost an hour on the phone trying to understand what was happening I was told it may be due to possible money laundering or possibly fraud!!! Then I was told they would have to send off to underwriting and after 2 days of waiting I am told it was reduced because of my lowered credit rating - really?? I have established excellent credit rating with Wells Fargo and this how they treat me - like I am just a number? I am forced to take my 5 accounts and money elsewhere.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Wells Fargo is the worst bank ever. My atm card randomly never works. Then last night I try to get money from the atm and it gives me a message say I exceeded my withdraw limit. That's impossible. I haven't used this card in week. So I try again and I get a message say I don't have the funds. Boom. I check my account and my money debited in my account. So I had the business check their atm transaction and it failed on their end but Wells Fargo don't want to give me my money back.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have been with Wells Fargo for a while. They are not perfect but have done a great job with helping me. I had a Levies from 1993 come up and they took all my $$ except for $20!! I had bills, car payment, Ins., and mortgage coming up. Oh yea credit card payment. I needed a loan in a hurry, I apply at WF, got approved quickly. I had a young lady help me. I believe she is from Virginia. Her name is Brittany **. She was a great help to me. Brittany walk me through the process with kindness and patience. I am very grateful for her help and I want to say, "Thank you Brittany." Also to Wells Fargo "Thank you." I can breathe for now :)

Original review: March 1, 2018

Wells Fargo obtained a Summary Judgment based on fabricated 02-07-2007 fake World Savings & Wachovia blank, forged switched undated, forms from 2003-4, switching applications on other properties to my property, forging name (robo-signatures), and opened 12-25 unauthorized accounts in my name without my consent or knowledge. My property is paid in full, but Wells Fargo, thru its predecessors collected $600,000 to 1 million tax free on property I paid only $107,000 for in 1999-2000. They target senior citizens, females, Hispanics, ** and people of **. World Savings DENIED my application(s) in 02-2007, still transferred to Wachovia and Wells Fargo, who lack standing and retaliate when I reported them to federal agencies for fraud. I have credit assets from money paid to be placed in IRA, but embezzled back into Wells Fargo. Deceptive, dishonest and liars.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I've tried simply to inquire how to make payment (to get rid of any further unbelievable nuisance) with 8 different reps in one afternoon. Finally I figured out how to make online payment from external bank since none of WF REPs gave me the answer to my repeated questions all afternoon (over 3 hrs long with 8 different Reps). Finally I got a online specialist at the end, she cannot open an online account for me with their own system problem. It means that only customer will have to more interest after trying all access to pay for them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I have banked for over 10 years and have cash in the bank well in excess of the loan amount I sought. I even asked to borrow against a secured CD. Loan officers could not quote any rates but could only take a paper application. The bank branch (at least this one) is obsolete. No authority. No helpfulness.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Wells Fargo refused to go after an online business that scammed me by selling ticket insurance for an event that I bought tickets for. The venue that held the event does not honor ticket insurance. Wells Fargo basically said it was my fault for purchasing something that does not exist. Wells Fargo Bank just lost a customer as well as his accounts.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

This is the second time I had a called to dispute something on my card and before I had a chance to go any further they blocked and stop my card putting me out for over a week and so I get a new card. They didn’t so much as give me a heads up or anything and would do nothing about it to reinstate the card. This bank is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen in my life.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

The many class-action lawsuits against this bank is just, because I was pressured to open additional accounts and the clerks tried to upsell products EVERY time I visited a branch. I used to regret having to go to a branch for this reason. Inevitably, accounts were opened/changed without my consent. I tried to refinance my home in order to also change lenders; upon contacting Wells Fargo about payoff amount, I was told that I had one 30 day late payment and would not be able to refinance--I had never been late on a house payment. I am so done with these scammers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Any issues I have ever had with them I have always been able to clear up with a banking representative. I receive alerts on any activities and also review my account weekly. With any banking system you should monitor.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My husband tried to take out money from his trust and they have been refusing. Branch manager won't return calls. We now have to hire an attorney. Run away from this bank. My family had the same problems with my late mother's account. They have no idea how to process simple transactions.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Is a 32 year customer of Wachovia. I came to expect superior service. Once Wells Fargo took over all of that was ended. In fact there is zero emphasis on service but enormous Focus on fees. I happened to commercial accounts a couple of years ago and in fact all the deposits were stolen in fees over a 3 month period. Would never return nor recommend this bank for any reason.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Horrible horrible cust. service. An ATM jammed on me because someone had stuffed coins in it. My deposit has been stuck in limbo for a month now. Here is what happened: Message that all would be fixed in 48 hrs. That didn't happen so I went in person to the branch, person there assured me that it would be fixed in another day or two AND that he would phone me also to let me know. It wasn't fixed, he didn't phone me. I phoned the main complaint number. They assured me it would be fixed in 10 days max. It wasn't fixed. I phoned the branch and the main # and filed an official claim. They told me it would be fixed within **45** days. Yes, that is 45 days. I called and complained again and they said they would expedite it and it would be fixed in 10 days. Guess what? It is not fixed. It has been a total of a month now since their broken ATM caused this problem and nothing has been fixed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have two Direct Deposits. I recently moved. It has been a hard transition from one community to another, but in the chaos, I did get over-drawn -- a situation that I have now solved (I hope). However, Wells Fargo seems to not have a clue on how to use modern computer algorithms to understand their customers, but they sure do know how to up the fees. There is no compassion. As a Ph.D. and retired university professor, I am on social welfare -- not by choice. There are ways that the bank can program its software to tailor compassion to an individuals circumstances quite easily. It is also possible to know how responsible a client is. Wells is so self-serving, it makes me sick.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Initially, my father's inheritance was transferred from his Wells Fargo account to mine. It was initially an IRA, but at the moment I wanted to leave in Wells Fargo. From the beginning, Harry ** NMLSR ID: ** at the S. Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, S. C. office treated me like family. I have called upon him for several difficult issues including a Dispute against Chase Bank involving my balance transfer to my Wells Fargo Charge Card. I'm still struggling since August with Disputes. There is obvious proof of payment transfer from Wells Fargo to Chase on their statement, but they claim no payment. I'm on my second dispute and Harry has promised his support on another attempt to straighten out Chase Bank's error.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Because of a grandfather clause from Norwest Bank which WF acquired, nothing has changed and I have free checking w/o maintaining a required balance. They have tried several times to charge fees, but eventually back down. Tellers and personnel are extremely polite and helpful. And to fill your dumber than dirt word requirement, blah, blah, blah.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

This bank sucks because they took my money and I got kick out of my home because Wells Fargo took my money so I closed my account and won't even walk into another Wells Fargo again. So never again!!! I was spiced off and I did yell at the teller.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Each of the management and staff employees of the branch I most commonly attend, The Friendly Avenue/Guilford College Road branch, are knowledgeable and perform their tasks confidently and competently. They know their customers and acknowledge each by name when possible. I was a "Financial Institution auditor" CISA with a private firm and had the opportunity to visit many banks/Credit Unions/Credit Union's Credit Union. There seems to be little "turnover" with management and staff - a stable environment.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I just closed a trust account that was co-trustee'd with Wells Fargo. I feel that they mismanaged the account terribly, were very impersonal and in general just very difficult to deal with. They projected an persona that made you feel that they didn't care. And then there is all of the illegal activities with the personal bank accounts. What to like about the crooks???

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

When I went to get a car loan it took them forever, after two weeks of no answer or them doing anything I went somewhere else and we had our mortgage with them at that time in great standing. I went back to the dealership and got it without any problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a checking account, a credit card, and 2 mortgages with Wells Fargo Bank. Usually I have great experience with the bank, however, the level of my satisfaction depends on the city. It is much better in Fairbanks AK than in Atlanta GA. I still love this bank everywhere.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have been with Wells Fargo for many years. I like their checking and bill pay options. But I do not use the Wells Credit Card because of their high interest rates. Also I appreciate that they are always trying to improve their website and appearance of their bill pay system but if it's working why change it. I want to continue to use as it is not always having to learn how to use an "improved" system.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Not much to say about the Bank with the exception of a steep overdraft fee to move money from my savings account into my checking account when my checking balance falls too short for an incoming demand for payment. I can avoid the charge by doing an online transfer (if I remember to do that) but I find that a fee of $12.50 to move some money from my savings account into my checking account to cover the payment and avoid the overdraft. It's a nice convenience but I feel the bank is just looking for ways to obtain money from its less affluent customers. Interest on savings is next to nothing so they have the money for their use but still feel that they need to nickel and dime for transactions. I use the bank as it is convenient for me as I travel often and Wells Fargo is well represented throughout the country and it's easy access to any bank or ATM. So I maintain my account for that reason.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The bank is close to me. I am more of a drive in person. I have never used their walk up teller. I have two mortgages with this bank and I've had one experience that was weird (the assoc. and the manager would not sign a document I needed to cash a check I think), and I went to another Wells Fargo and the TELLER did it without a problem.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

First me and my husband had retirement accounts with Wells Fargo for many years. My husband passed away in Dec. 2017 and they have been nothing but helpful with everything. They have lead me all the way with what needed to be done. They are very efficient and very friendly. They really act like they care about you as an individual.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a checking and savings account with WFB. No screwups so far, but really extremely low interest on my savings account. I have a very high interest credit card - 18.85%!! Even though I have really clean credit and over $50k in my savings account. I call periodically to request a lower state - to absolutely no avail. I am about to switch this balance (of only about $5k now) to another bank. Terrible customer relations which they can’t afford right now after all their horrendous scandals.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Years ago, Wells Fargo bought a bank in which I had several CDs. I stayed when Wells Fargo took over. Shortly thereafter it became scary to go to bank for routine transactions - the employees (tellers, etc.) pounced on you and would not stop talking about new accounts I should purchase and/or transfer to. It was worse than a used car lot. I left. I heard they got worse and I'm glad I left when I did.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have been with them for over approximately 20 years. Not the best experience when it comes to online transfers amounts limits and service to improve that does not exist. Local branch staff is wonderful where we bank. They have many areas to improve on support online. Bank has shown up in many newspapers and articles due to their processes.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We were offered a loan by a loan company and Wells Fargo mgr said they were good people and okay to do. Yet they allowed a fraudulent check to be debited from our account taking 145 of our money and billing us for 800! They admitted fault - check wasn't signed by us and was in block printing from a company we never heard of. They said not to worry. They then cancelled our account and are still harassing me. The FBI has the case yet I am still being threatened and money never returned and we can't get a bank acct now and our credit harmed. I hate these people.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Have been with WF for about 2 years now. Haven't been affected by the past problems they have had. The bank seems to be really taking care of their customers. I like the fact that you can dispute a transaction online and they will get back to you. I didn't like the way they figured the time you could be overdrawn. Most banks will let you have 24 hrs before they charged the fee. WF gives you until 9AM. They do take their time when posting temporarily transactions.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

This is one bank I would never ever do business with. Went to cash a check and they charged about $8.00!!! Banks like these are the type to milk people of any $ any way they can. Thank goodness other banks are so much better in fees and service who truly are doing what banks should be and this is one bank that has lost its way.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Have a small Business Account & Merchant Service. The fees are NEVER transparent; nor are they charged as agreed or discussed. Bulk of all Merchant Fee transactions are charged at the highest rate, when there is no reason and the card was present. Have had mysterious fees charged to my checking on multiple occasions and had to fight to get them removed. Also received a Credit Card, no requested, then a mark on MY CREDIT, for canceling it! Disgusting!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Let's talk about when you happy with your bank. We want a good deal when you running a business. It's a good business to have your back, When you're looking for a low fee driven that makes you look for a good bank and great customer service to help you make smart choices.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We took out a mortgage with Wells Fargo 17 years ago and paid it for 7 years. My husband’s business failed in 2007 and we declared bankruptcy and went into foreclosure. We were notified of the auction, left the home and moved 40 Miles away. Wells Fargo never sold the home and never notified us they didn’t sell it and we didn’t discover this until we applied for another mortgage in 2015.

We hired an attorney and sued the bank but no judge would review our case, only denied it. So, we moved back into the property, repaired damages and tried to get back on the mortgage. WF refused to work with us or to forgive any of the time accrued in arrears. The house went to auction 2x since we moved and they haven’t accepted any offers. They also refused our request for a deed in lieu. They recently sold our mortgage to another bank.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Been a Wells Fargo customer for a real long time. Bought the house & refinanced twice using Wells Fargo, always been happy with the service, transparency & process how the loans are handled. Customer is always treated right and with respect. Will recommend them for real estate loan needs always.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Wells Fargo charge me fees when my credit card merchant account fees came into my bank account and I was sick in bed with the flu. Put these back in that day through my credit card machine and still charge me because they clear out at midnight and my credit card machine does not batch out till 7 in the morning. These people are scumbags. I've been with them for 9 years and I am done. Literally the US government is got to do something about this Bank. They are legally robbing people. I hope the whole Bank goes down someday into Oblivion.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My mortgage was transferred to them in late 2007, and it is the only financial interaction I have with them. They receive AFT from my other bank account for monthly mortgage payments - they haven't fouled it up yet. However, ALL customer service reps, including the "Executive Resolution Specialists," (ERS) apparently do not understand spoken English. I have repeatedly requested that NO correspondence of any kind that is not directly involved with my mortgage be sent to me, whether by phone, snail mail, or electronically. They ignored my repeated request, and recently sent me an email 'survey.' concerning their 'service.'

I called the ERS who sent me the form letter explaining that my preference for no solicitations was confirmed, but the survey was not a 'solicitation.' He further stated that I would have to 'opt-out' of the survey myself, as he could not do it for me?! "Executive Resolution Specialist," who cannot turn off the marketing trash? I told him I will file a complaint with the BBB for misleading customers and harassment. ALL the poor ratings are deserved.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

High fees, restrictions on how you can access your money, proven fraudulent in a court, steals your money, and is RUDE. Put your money elsewhere! No one cares about you as a customer all the way up to corporate!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The robber got banks' money and bank rob you and get your money! Yeah, that true with Wells Fargo. I work have accounts with Chase, Discover, Bank of America, Citi, American Express, They are fine. But Wells Fargo! Please Stay away. I have Mortgage with them and credit card. Since I and my family are their loyal customers. My wife applied new credit card for Wells Fargo for $4100 balance transfer. They denied her application first. And they approved for $3500 and sent a credit card and balance transfer check. She had to pay the different bank and I paid for her.

3 weeks later (today) Wells Fargo send $3153 to the Bank (Bank of America) And ask us $101 fee. I already paid her balance and now Wells Fargo say call Bank of America to send money back but they will still charge for $101 balance transfer fee! Robbers! Shame on you! The other banks (real banks I listed above) try to help their customers and re-process everything but not Wells Fargo! I will use MY all energy to spread out my voice to warn others! STAY AWAY FROM WELLS FARGO! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Wells Fargo Clermont FL. They signed us into a savings account that earned very little interest and required a minimum balance for some reason. After I pulled some money out and the "minimum" balance fell below they decided to start charging me $30 a month?? It is a testament to the way Wells Fargo has scammed and treated their customers. It is no wonder to hear and read about all the bad press. Do not do business with Wells Fargo as they are known to manipulate and scam their customers. The only bank I know that thinks they can charge you to keep a savings account.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

OK here's a new one that Wells Fargo is trying to get away with between 2009 and 2011. I have account with them and it is a checking account. Now those dates I said 2 employees from Wells Fargo open accounts in my name and stole over $1,200 from me. They took my SSI and my VA disability money. Well now Wells Fargo is starting to pay me back for what was stolen from me. They paid me $875.00 for the SSI and the VA money that was taken but they sent me a tax W2 form to have filled out. They told me I have to pay tax on the money. Well I don't pay tax on SSI or VA disability.

They gave me part of the money back that was stolen from that belongs to SSI and VA disability. This is very wrong. First they stole money from me that is tax-free and Wells Fargo wants me to pay tax on. Daaaaaaa. I don't think so. This is why Wells Fargo is in trouble, when I called them they don't understand. Wells Fargo is very confused. They expect me to pay tax on my own money that is tax-free.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Worst bank I've ever dealt with. After 9 aggravated months, they supposed to do one thing for me "automatic withdrew from my checking". So after 9 months, talking to a dozen people at the branch and customer service, filling for them 3 different authorization as they requested, finally they said it's all good and from 1st of the month withdrew will happen. Today I found that they took 2 months of payments from my checking!! They are incompetent, no one knows how to do things. I had enough of them. I will close everything with them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I recently had my wallet stolen and the felons took money from my Wells Fargo checking account. I reported it within a day of it happening. I noticed WF didn't get the claim correct online within 2 days and had to call. I waited about 2 hours, finally hung up and went to my local bank early the next morning. The banker added to the claim (not done right the first day) and within 9 business days I was sent a letter that the matter was closed and they had credited me 1% of the money! I was very upset and called. This time it took 1 hour to be answered, and the representative said they didn't look at the total account and credited me the wrong amount. Time didn't matter to WF, errors didn't matter, and concern about customers' well being didn't matter. I keep lots of money in the account and get $1 in interest for the year. I don't they care about hiring people to help customers and assume people will just keep coming.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

As long as you don't go over and pay the min amount (+25.00 for me on a 1k credit) then it's a pretty good bank. They don't touch anything on your savings account and their fee on their credit, at least for me, is very nice. I don't feel like I'm going backwards with them like I do with other banks. True, min payment will take you a while to pay off, but it's a good credit starter and I always get good service be it on the phone or in person.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Put through a charge from Amazon for annual Prime membership despite not having enough funds. Said it was "pre-authorized" (ONE YEAR AGO) and therefore they "have to put them through", then they charged me an overdraft fee AND now I'm overdrawn $150-. And it's a different card from a year ago because I had to have it replaced due to fraud! Then... Refused to close my account because it's in the red. I did get them to close my savings account and the debit card.

Supervisor tried to patronize and mansplain to me "how banks work." I must have asked two dozen times for him to close my account-- he kept trying to keep me as a customer because "Wells Fargo is on your side." Not when they nickel and dime me they don't. Also refused to give me a confirmation number for the cancellation of the debit card. I have no idea what's going on now. It is my belief that they are trying to cheat me-- by charging exorbitant overdraft fees for "pre-authorized transactions". It is pure profit for them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Wells Fargo Bank Appleton Wisconsin allowed a male to demand that a locksmith drill into the safety deposit box that was not his. He could not find his key. They did not ask for ID or match the signature card. The box was my mothers and he took items from the box. I asked numerous attorneys to help us to file charges. Banks are not regulated under the use of a safety deposit box. No legal help. Stay away from Wells Fargo Bank.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

When I met Miss **, banking became a pleasure, not a chore. Not only is she friendly, courteous and likable, "she knows the banking business" (as related to me)! I look forward to my weekly banking business because I know she is there to assist me if I have a problem. Miss **, you are my #1 bank person!!! (Of course you know that!!!)

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

WELLS FARGO BANK FRAUD ALERT! You don’t have to Bank at Wells Fargo to be ripped off by them. All you have to do is write someone a check that banks there. I wrote a check for $ 770.00 bucks. They turned right around and presented the same check twice but the second time they ran it for $ 2002.00. This was no accident. It had to be entered that way. When I clicked on the 2002.00 check up popped the 770.00 check that was run. The 770.00 showed up in both places. When I contacted my bank they called Wells Fargo, and they quickly apologized. If you know banks they never “quickly apologize". Only after days of investigation. Unless they're totally aware of their scam.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Wells Fargo locked me out of a business account that was rightfully mine. I also got arrested over the whole situation and charges were dropped. The person who took control of business account, went bankrupt and I was never allowed to access those accounts. I will one day have my justice from this corrupt financial bank. I hope one day all their banks are vacant and all the people that were part of such a corrupt bank, have a terrible retirement and are re-born into poverty, to learn from their mistakes.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I just got overdrafted by 60k because WF has either been hacked or issues with online banking. They made duplicate payments to vendors on all accounts!! This cause my business and personal account to go below ZERO!!!! And wait times are ridiculous!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I took over a small business account from other people. This account is with Wells Fargo unfortunately. Not to mention its website is below industry standard, it has the most strange service fee - $3 per month to hit a check image online. OK, I tried to be careful, not to look at check online. Well, this $3 is still there because I deposit checks from ATM machine. It just makes me to feel so low!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I sent a transfer three business days ago and it still hasn't cleared. Based on that I get a overdraft charges. I call support, they say they can't see the transfer on their hand. Lies. They'll clear the transfer magically the next day, they've done this before. I should have closed my account back then. I've worked at Wells. I've maintaining a positive balance for years. I have a credit card with them for years. In the same amount time I've had a credit opened with Bank of America my credit line has been extended twice. At Wells, nothing. Three years of good standing means absolutely nothing.

Bank of America makes ridiculously easy to send account alerts, to move balance from another account if it ever goes overdraft. Basically you almost never ever pay BoA an overdraft fee. Wells Fargo is a scam, they'll do everything they can to charge you. I've received three class actions notification connected to Wells Fargo, one already paid out, they've opened/closed accounts without telling their customers. The worst bank ever. I cannot wait to close my account with them. Support is absolutely horrible. Helpless. Don't know anything. Apparently they don't have access to any information, so what are good for then? I hope they shut down this scam any day now.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Wells Fargo is by far the WORST bank I have EVER dealt with. They make all their money off late fees. Their favorite is to say you're set up on auto pay and then they don’t really set it up and give you a late fee for it. I hate that I got my car loan through them because now I have to stay with them till I pay it off. But believe me that is the first thing I will do is switch banks. I’m honestly in shock by how horrible this bank is. Can’t believe they are still in business with all the dishonesty they have had in the past with stealing money, etc. My husband has American First and Chase and he has NEVER been charged late fees. They even give him rewards all the time just for banking with them. I highly recommend not using Wells Fargo, ever!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Wells Fargo has reordered transactions that I've done in order to charge me more fees. They reorder them largest amount transaction first than smaller ones after that so they can charge multiple overdraft fees as opposed to just one. This is an illegal practice however they continue to do it. They have lost a class action lawsuit about this but are in appeals. And usually you have a small grace period once your account goes into the red, but they've taken that grace period away after my account went into the red for a little bit a matter of a couple hours and charge me an overdraft fee anyway even though I brought the account to good on the same day. I am currently shopping for a different account and would a recommended no one ever do business with them ever. All you have to do is search and they have tons of cases of fraud against them. I would attach images but conveniently they won't let you screenshot their app.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

They just stole another $297 from me when they owe me over $700. I had a deposit go missing on Friday and they will not give me my money, I have money sent via the cash app all the time and one just disappeared. They are saying they didn't get it when I know they did, I have everything from Cash support showing they got the money and Wells Fargo won't give it back.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I recently visited a Wells Fargo ATM that was not running properly. By fluke, I had attempted to take out 80 dollars but only received 40 and my card was taken and shredded. It was a faulty ATM that needed service - had nothing to do with the company itself. I work full-time, and am young and am still trying to figure out my financial situation. I was counting on that extra 40 dollars to last me until payday. I had filed a claim with a friendly and understanding representative, and she ensured me there would be a thorough investigation with no worries on my end.

Two business days and 3 follow ups later, I found myself back on the phone with a representative following up on my claim, as I was worried that I may not be able to make it until payday. I live 45 minutes from work with less than a half tank of gas to last me. Rough! Anyhow, the rep was understanding and credited me enough to fill my tank, and my faith is still with the company to refund me the money that was wrongfully taken from my account due to an ATM that required service. Wells Fargo has come through for me and I am sure that any customer will be taken care of. Thanks Wells Fargo! - Customer of 4 years.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Wells Fargo is the most inconsiderate bank I’ve ever dealt with. They’re greedy. After being a long time customer, I recently experienced a hardship which caused my account to overdraft slightly. Once I was able to get my direct deposit with my job set up correctly, the overdraft was quickly taken care of. When I asked for help in getting the fees refunded, they told me that there was nothing they could do to help me. It was not a habitual thing to overdraft my account. I thought they could help me with the fees as a courtesy. They showed no empathy whatsoever. I will be closing all accounts and never dealing with them again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Made several phone calls to get a claim specialist. Anyways the banker deals with us so why wait too long? 1 full hour. Multiple phone calls. No one came on the phone to talk to me and the worst experience I had a claim regarding a refund and the refund is done but not fully. So I want to update on that and want them to follow up regarding that but didn't get any answer I tell you. Missed Wachovia in so many ways.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have been experiencing for past (6) months or more of transactions & deductions being posted and clearing only to go back a week later and have it no longer posted like never existed then at a later time have that same transaction & deduction posted again. When you try to explain it the Customer Service Rep they make it seems like you don't know how to count or manage your money. You must have a mental issue of some kind.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

This is by far the most shady bank you could ever use. They only strive on charging you overdraft fees with very little protection. I only use this account for small purchases (only put about 50 dollars a week) and I've been seeing some weird activity. For example 4/10 times this will happen. Once a transaction gets posted it'll be taken off a day or two later with money back in the account. And then a day or two after that it's put back on? Are they trying to get me to think I have extra money in my account so I can go over and get a overdraft fee??? Another great example already said about them on this website is they love to wait until your bank account gets low to charge you on pending transactions or monthly subscriptions. Don't ever use this bank for any reason whatsoever. I'm opening a Chase account and closing this one right away.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

While I hadn't made any deposits or withdrawals to my account for the past year, I go online at least twice a week to check account status and respond to any notices, check tax paperwork, etc. I wrote a check on this account and mailed it last week. Today, when I went online to see if the check had cleared, I found that my account had been deactivated! For all my online access, they never notified me they were deactivating or gave me a chance to keep it active. I called their 800 cust svc number and was told I must go in person to my local branch to reactivate the account.

If that outstanding check comes in before I'm reactivated, that check will bounce. When I asked, Customer Service would not tell me that Wells Fargo will assume responsibility for the bouncing, fees and follow up communications with the payee. I'm going to hopefully beat my check to the bank to reactivate this account, and then close the account and move my business to a bank that cares about keeping customers.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Twice Wells Fargo refused to pay my property taxes out of escrow account, more than enough was there, county started sending tax sale of property cards to me, finally Wells Fargo paid taxes but also tried billing me an inspection fee. WTF, TWICE THIS HAPPENED, another time I made mortgage payment thru mail with check, they said they never received it, I told them I will send another, well they had received the check before they said they hadn't, cashed the one I said I would resend, electronically deducted my banking account another mortgage payment and somehow it was 2 payments, they ended up with 4 mortgage payments when they already had the one they said they didnt, things from bank starting bouncing.

SCAM FARGO denied taking payments from my account even though it was listed right there and they said they only had 1 payment, LIERS. Took over a month to get my money put back into my bank account but my other bank waived all bounched check fees because they had listened to my calls with Wells Fargo and heard all their BS scam lies, But the worse thing with Scam Fargo was, I was offered a loan mod, they said cheaper interest rate, cheaper payment, I thought duh who wouldnt take it, well I got the paper work and after talking with wells fargo about the loan mod in the paperwork was a lil thing they never mentioned, my mortgage of $70,000 and 15 years, with loan mod that they said would save me $15,000, well BS, it would go $311,000 total and from 15 years to 40 years.

WTF, I told them no, they said I was in default, they had put my mortgage payments as a payment to home preservation dept or something like that, WTF. I NEVER SIGNED THE SCAM ASS PAPERWORK, and after I complained about the scam the overnighted foreclosure papers, cost me $35,000 on top of paying off my mortgage, lawyer fees, court hassle etc.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Over a year ago I learned my Mortgage was purchased by Wells Fargo. I went into my local branch and was told that I could have free checking. So, I opened a personal checking account, saving account and a credit card account. There was also a “line of credit” account that was opened. It later disappeared after the Wells Fargo financial news of the bank opening unwanted accounts. I did the same for my business, checking, savings, credit card. I learned recently that I was being charged a fee for both savings accounts. I have now closed both of the savings accounts. I also to my regret moving my IRA account over to Wells Fargo Investments. In addition to that account I asked that a “simple IRA” be opened for my business. Instead they opened a SEP that did not meet my small business needs. It took four attempts and intervention of my account to finally remedy that misfire.

The most recent issue with Wells Fargo involved my attempt to pay off both my Personal and Business credit card, as the rates had gone through the roof! I took out a Navy Federal Equity load. Two checks were sent to Wells Fargo to pay off each of these accounts. The personal account was paid but the check intended to pay off my Business credit card was never deposited. I confirmed that it was set by Navy Federal and received by Wells Fargo. I called Wells Fargo’s customer service and was basically bowed off and told to talk to Navy Federal. My experience with Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Investment has been dismal. I have moved all of my accounts to other financial intuitions. I would strongly caution anyone thinking about opening an account with Wells Fargo Bank or Wells Fargo Investment to reconsider.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I called Wells Fargo business payroll in February to close my small business Payroll Account. During the conversations, the Wells Fargo representative assured me that my account can be suspended so that no further fees can be incurred. I hung up believing that Wells Fargo will freeze my account and no longer charge any fees (Minimum of $65/Month). I was wrong. It turned out the most the bank could freeze the payroll account was 3 months. However, Wells Fargo charged by Payroll Account $65/Month from March to November 2017 ($65 x 9 = $585).

Worst, after my payroll account came to zero, Wells Fargo charged Overdraft Fees to my Payroll and Savings Accounts including an additional administrative charge the last 3 months. I was charged over $165 in fees + $65 payroll fees the month of November 2017. For any small business out there working with Wells Fargo, be extra careful as the bank is geared absolutely to frustrate customers. I will never do business or personal banking with Wells Fargo again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

This has got to be the worst bank in the history of banks. I’ve had TD bank and I have a Chase account and none of them gave me the problems Wells Fargo did. First off let me start by saying WHAT BANK SENDS OUT AN ATM PIN IN THE MAIL AFTER YOU ALREADY RECEIVED THE CARD??? Are you dumb??? Dont you think as soon as people receive their card they are going to use it and they cant because they have to wait a next 3 days for their atm pin. That was the first strike with them.

The next strike was their customer service. I won't even touch on that topic. Now what makes me furious this morning is the fact that I mobile deposited a check on Sunday and they said it was going to clear Tuesday. It is now Tuesday and they are going to tell me the check is on hold because the signature was irregular and won't be available until December 28th which is 9 days away??? I AM SO UPSET BEYOND BELIEF and they are doing nothing about it but telling me it's out of their hands. I will be closing my account and sticking to Chase. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND WELLS FARGO TO ANYONE. They are the absolute WORST!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

They say they mailed me a check. Haven’t gotten it yet! They close my account without giving me a time for me to switch everything over. I still have bills coming out. They said they have the right to close any account at any time without notice. Mine was close because they said I fail to show them ID. How can I withdraw money out of account without having ID? I had my account open for 2 mos. NO Calls, No Emails, No Mail. Not even the personal banker mentioned anything about NO ID? They are full of **.

The real reason they closed my account because they don’t want to pay $200 bonus on the 3rd mo. as promised. I'm no fool. I followed all their little rules to get it. (Use your card 10 times or Online bill pay for 3 mos. and get $200.) They are a complete SCAM. They already stole people money at of their account and had to pay a settlements. So what does that tell you? I shouldn't be so surprised. I thought they changed after that incident. Obviously not!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I went to the Wells Fargo ATM December 2, 2017 in Prattville AL. I put my card in and a message displayed 'Unable to Process'. My money was not dispensed but they debited my account. They denied my claim. Wells Fargo have very bad business practices. They try to steal the money of the hard working middle class people. They have had serious problems with their ATM network over the past month. They are dishonest and greedy. That's why they had to be bailed out! I want my money!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Wells Fargo are thieves! Not only do they put random charges on your account their personal bankers are liars and out to meet a new account quota. I opened a savings that was suppose to protect my account from overdraft. If my checking account was to go into negative it was automatically suppose to pull from my savings account. That NEVER happened. I had to physically log on to my online banking to do it myself. They never informed me in a timely manner.

When my account was negative I had to check for myself. I logged into my account Monday. Say it was negative. Transferred funds. Logged back in on Tuesday and had an overdraft fee of 35.00. NEVER got my money back. I had fee ranging from 9.98 to 14.98 placed on my account by Wells Fargo with no description when I called and questioned them about it they came up with every lie they could to try explain them away. I am currently in a group lawsuit against Wells Fargo. I suggest anyone banking with them examine your account closely. If you see any random charges for different amounts or anything else out of the unusual please contact me so I can put you in touch with the lawyer in charge of the lawsuit.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My husband and I did a balance transfer to my husband's Wells Fargo credit card. I've been told that there would be 15 months zero interest rate. After a while I noticed that I've been charged interest from the purchases I made even I made full payment of last months statement. When I called WF to ask why am I paying interest on purchases that I am paying in full on statement date customer rep told that every purchase I made with that card immediately get interest charge because of the balance transfer. I already paid 3% balance transfer fee, and they are still charging interest rate on my current purchases. She said this was disclosed at balance transfer agreement. I don't know if they put it in the papers that they gave me after the balance transfer, but for sure they didn't disclose it before the balance transfer. I've been told only 3% balance transfer fee. This is a financial hassling. We closed the credit card and never open it back.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

This bank has to be one of the worst banks out there. I had this bank 2 years ago and left them because they refuse to do banking right. Every week it seems I'm paying a fee. They try so hard to have to transfer your money for you so you wind up paying the 12.50 fee. I have debit card overdraft service which means they pay the transactions for debit card purchases and cash from the ATM at their discretion. I guess that will never happen because I have tried to use the service numerous times and it never works. I've put in about 7000 in this bank already.

One time my daughter dance school check came in and I was 5.00 short and they sent it back. Petty is what I call it. But then they charged me 70 overdraft services for 2 8.00 purchases. I left this bank for a reason before and I plan on doing it again. They're pitiful. And they're always being sued about something and the cases usually end up in the other party's favor. Don't see why I use this bank. They're full of it!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Paid my electric bill on FPL.com and Wells Fargo decided that 2 months in a row the payment was fraudulent. 2 late fees later and now have lost my right to pay on fpl.com online. Now even though I am not late on bills I have to go to a Walmart and pay my bill over the counter. Now they are doing it to my Chase credit card.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Worst bank and Xmas experience. I order from Best Buy all the time. This year Wells Fargo decided to kick back my transaction and required me to call and give a store I been using for years permission to take funds. In meantime the transaction was tried several times and at the end I got no merchandise and still waiting for my money and the bank will not put my money back. They keep telling me Best Buy got it but as a person who knows better, if it says pending then the merchant has not took funds out bank yet. Why won't the bank put my damn money back. Now my item will be full price and color pink will probably be sold out by the time I can save up another $348. I am closing all 4 accounts this week.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Thought of the rep as a banking consultant not used car sales and wound up further in debt after the refi than I was before and had to file bankruptcy. Because of extraneous circumstances wasn’t going to be able to recover there so lost my home as well. Do not EVER use Wells Fargo! I had been a satisfied banking customer for years and could not believe the lies the rep told me to get me to sign the refi contract. The exact details aren’t that important, but the biggest lie was the fact I was told that what I wanted to do was a “smart move” and after I signed the papers was told the bank “never” did that.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

After being a loyal Wells Fargo customer for a decade we opened business account with them and initially it was OK, especially given a customer-friendly Prime Account manager in San Francisco. But, in 2017 we started using their Merchant Services and it turned be a horror story for our company for our small startup. We launched the credit card payments and at some point they literally STOLE our money by coming of completely unjustified "conclusion" about "risks" and (without ANY communication) simply removing our money from Checking account associated with this service to their own and freezing them for 6 months. All communication with people in Oyster Bay, New York, has proven they are completely ignorant and unprofessional. We are literally shocked it could be THAT bad. They left us without money in the bank at the very critical phase of a major project.

Our accountant got a nervous breakdown because of them and ended in the Emergency room when this happened. It was literally a horror movie happening in reality. Wells Fargo seems to forgot they are supposed to be a bank, a pipe for money transfer and not a police/Big Brother or some sort of authoritarian entity that we never authorized to behave like this. Not only they put our business at risk, they also violated rights and interests of our clients. Now we are preparing a legal case and will surely stand up against their devastating practices.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

At POS money is deducted from checking account. Anywhere from 3 to up to 30 days later they take the funds out again & give a BS story of it's up to the merchant to remove funds not them. Numerous times my account was double charged!!! They never give out ending balances on online banking...only transactions. Ending balances are on a different screen. When you call to complain...they make it sound like you're crazy & have no clue how to manage your account.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On Dec. 1, 2017 around 1230 pm. I went to my local Wells Fargo Branch located at 1199 N Beneva Rd, Sarasota, FL 34232. The teller did not close my account screen after my transaction and without checking ID allowed the person next in line to withdrew $600 from my business account. This is a clear violation of my privacy and theft. Wells Fargo is making no attempt to correct their mistake.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Just the worse bank ever. Their online banking keeps losing my login... Then my password. Over & over again. Not once or twice. Count is over a dozen... & happened once again today. Totally unacceptable. Moving my direct deposits & all my money ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I send a check to pay for my condominium dues for $351.04 and they charged me $2351.04, overdraft my savings account, charged me with fees and left my checking with zero money. I called and they said that they need to investigate and I have to wait 10 business days. The woman in the other side (a supervisor) only knew two words: Yes, ma'am, which she repeated about 30 times and won't help me at all. To me this is fraud. What kind of customer service is this? They stole my money and they won't do anything about it. I will take my money elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I requested to buy a ticket to fly to Iran using my "miles to go" and they told me that they will not sell me tickets to fly to Iran. I requested them to send me documentation as to why and they refused. They have no problems taking the money coming from Iran, going to Iran... but, they will not allow me to use my Miles to get a ticket to fly to Iran. If there are flights to Iran from all major airlines, all travel agencies online and brick and mortar are selling tickets to people to go to Iran, why should Wells Fargo not issue tickets to Iran? They would not provide any documents, or any proof that this is their policies. I am not sure how they can do this.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Be careful with this bank. Aside from all the bad publicity over the last few years with Wells Fargo I've remained a customer for over 12 years and remained simply because of the banking app... But I regret it now and hope to find a better bank soon. It seems this bank likes to hold incoming debits and checks until the account gets below the required amount for the funds to go through and then pushes the transactions through overnight when the account is short resulting in overdraft fees. Sometimes the transactions will come through only hours before funds are deposited the next morning.

Recently an outstanding check came through after over 2 weeks for $38. I checked the account before bedtime 11pm the night before and nothing was pending or overdrawn. A deposit came in the next morning of over $1200 and I still got a $35 overdraft fee. It’s sneaky and predatory and it’s happened before. Yes... I keep a check register, but I run a business and have a very active account so it’s a catch keeping track of what will hit the account when, but my option of this bank is that they use your balance to their advantage to push through pending deductions in just the amount of time needed to GET YOU!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My wife’s father passed away at the age of 99 on September 3, 2017. On September 5 his lawyer emailed a copy of the will naming my wife as representative of the estate with second choice being the attorney. Since he had 4 accounts at WELLS FARGO listing my wife as POA/POD and her sister as POD we went to a local WELLS FARGO office in Waupun, WI on 9/11 after obtaining certified copies of the death certificate along with copies of the will. WELLS FARGO Waupun branch manager informed my wife that she was not listed on any accounts. We left shocked. I later requested copies of the most current version of what WELLS FARGO calls relationship change agreements. Upon reviewing each one of the agreements, my wife was listed as POA/POD on ALL accounts with her sister listed as POD on all accounts.

After several calls between WELLS FARGO and us, we were assured by the branch manager on 9/18 that no funds would be disbursed until both parties were present. The very next day we got a call from WELLS FARGO stating that my wife’s sister had withdrawn half of two accounts and all of the cd accounts at the Mayfair Milwaukee branch, WELLS FARGO was investigating, and would let us know when they would personally deliver the funds to our house as my wife was very ill at the time. On 9/26 we got a call from WELLS FARGO indicating we could pick up the remaining funds from the 2 accounts and they were still investigating the closed cd accounts. What we didn’t discover until later is that auto payments that were scheduled to be withdrawn from the accounts were rejected prior to 9/19 when my wife’s sister took the funds.

Some of these rejected scheduled payments were quarterly payment to the IRS and Discover bill. WELLS FARGO solution has been to do nothing about the payments and to consider the matter closed as my wife’s sister sent a check with no indication of what it was for and WELLS FARGO will not divulge the cd amount withdrawn so there is no way to know if the amount is correct.

We feel at a minimum WELLS FARGO is responsible to provide the funds for half of the cd accounts and pay the bills that were scheduled prior to disbursing funds. They have violated state statute on 9/19 when they disbursed the full amount of the CDs. WELLS FARGO needs to correct the problem they created and not involve others with their convoluted “solution”.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Every time I try to use my Wells Fargo debit card they decline it making me look stupid on numerous occasions. I have called them numerous times to resolve this issue and every time they have a different excuse as to why I got declined. But my credit card that they pushed down my throat and sat in my purse for 2 years before I was forced to use it because my debit card was declined. It’s crazy causing big problems in my 30 year marriage and causing me a lot of stress. I’m ready to get a lawyer to resolve this problem. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I had an account with them for 15 years and the charged me 11 overdraft fees because of $1.49 soda pop. One of the biggest con-artists of all time. They rob you blind and they laugh at you in your face. I will never recommend this bank to anyone. I've been with US Bank for 7 years and I never had a problem with them. Wells Fargo bank is nothing but bunch of Crooks, thieves and Liars. Collection agency called me today and the collector was having the same issue with Wells Fargo but she said it's her job and she has no choice but following the rules. This is for all the people out there. Watch out for your money. Don't trust this bank. I remember few years back Wells Fargo was in trouble for scamming people and here it is again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

WellsFargo.com online banking system is a big fat joke. I constantly get locked out for "trying to log in with wrong username/passwords too many times". This happens at least 3 times a year. It looks like system is purposely lock you out so that you can create new passwords every so often. This is highly illegal and frustrating. The banking center is clueless, and doesn't want to address the problem, all they do is give you a temporary password. I am seriously considering doing my business with BOA or local credit union.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I am fairly new to Wells Fargo and have had the worst experience. I currently own several businesses and bank with several banks for those businesses, and have never been treated the way I was treated today. Kathleen from Wells Fargo online banking was very rude, overtalked me the entire call and begin to elevate her voice. I just set up 5 accounts, merchant services, payroll services, which will all be cancelled. I seriously doubt they will go back and listen to the call, however if it was definitely experience that I will never forget.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We purchase a window and Wells Fargo holds the loan. Was not told that there was no grace period. I paid my bill on the next day after my due date and I was charged $29.00 late Fee. I have loans with Wells Fargo and have grace periods. Don’t know why this one don’t. There is something very wrong. Before signing anything with Wells Fargo ask if there is a grace period. Looks like they are all over the place with their loans. The first chance I get I’m out of here. I’m going to send this to the Attorney Generals Office.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Have been with this bank 4 years and never have a benefit. This bank charged $105 only cause I️ was two days with insufficient funds. They are so thief. Stay away from Wells Fargo bank!!! I am closing my business and personal account today.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have been with Wells Fargo for over 10 years and last month my account got hacked and someone deposited Fraudulent checks into 3 of my accounts. As soon as I figured out what happened I immediately contacted the bank and disputed it. Now yesterday I got a call from the scam department telling me that I was at fault and I am the reason my account got hacked and they are closing my account because somehow I am the reason why my account was hacked. I have never had an issue with Wells Fargo until now when my account got hacked. And now they are closing it because somehow it is my fault. Then another reason is as well that I had transferred money between two of my accounts and they charged my a penalty BECAUSE I transferred between my account. How stupid is that? Like yes I get charged transferring my own money between my accounts.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had a fraud charge on my credit card, reported it same day it appeared on my account. It was investigated and removed from account, was told they would issue me a new card within 7 to 10 days. Never received card, called and was told they closed the account and I would have to open a new account, so after hours of trying to make them understand I didn't want another account, just wanted to keep the one I have with a new card, they issued a new account with a smaller credit limit, and now I am paying two accounts and two interest charges, this is ridiculous. Have no choice but to pay both since I don't want to destroy my credit.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Wells Fargo has messed me up several times over the past 8 months... everything from freezing my account to currently not honoring my retirement deposit because they said it was a fraudulent deposit. I'm now locked out of my account until they get their act together. Once this is done, I'm withdrawing my money and moving to a different bank. I've been with Wells Fargo over 10 years and never had the problems that I have had in the past 8 months.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I am small business owner and as a bagel shop we go through a lot of coins. Wells Fargo just started charging us to get change from them. As a small business owner that is outrageous having to pay to get coins from them. Will close account soon.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Have several accounts with Wells Fargo and have for years, including my business account. This past May, I sent in a check for FULL PAYMENT a week before the due date. Two weeks later, I got slapped with a $40 late charge and was sent a letter along with my check that was sliced in half. The check had been damaged---by Wells Fargo---when they opened the envelope but that didn't stop them from charging me the outrageous late charge. I called and complained and it took nearly an hour, talking to various "supervisors" for them to admit it was, in fact, a "bank error" and that they'd refund the $40.

Today, I got a snotty and insulting letter from "Mark **," a VP with the bank, informing me that because of my "delinquent account," I was being charged an interest rate of Prime + 25%. Since I always pay on time and early, I called to find out what was going on. I was told it was because of the "late payment in June." I told them it was their error and they'd reversed the charge, but they never had cleared by account history. CROOKS! Fraud. Run far far away from this wretched bank.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I am the administrator of mother, trying to collect stock that is being held by them. The company is coming up with different reasons why the stock can’t be transferred. Unanswered questions, dates don't match. Each time they use up the entire wait time. There seems to be nothing I can do but play they're stalling game.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK!!! I repeat, STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK!! They are crooks! I had a couple hundred dollars in my account for days, I deposited $400 more to make a bill payment. I received a confirmation that the bill was paid, two days later I check my account balance and Wells Fargo stop the payment on the same day placed a levy on my account and only took $450 in order to charge me $125 lawyer fee and $35 dollar overdraft fee but here’s the kicker! My account was still active after even with $50 in because they didn’t want me to know the account was overdrafted or had a levy on it so I can keep depositing money into it!!!

They then charged me a $10 bank fee and never sent me a courtesy email or letter or phone call to warn me or tell me what was going on. I now missed a payment, was charged a late fee twice and when I called and asked Wells Fargo why would they do such a thing. They stated they shouldn’t have done it but there is nothing they can do now. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK, I HAD TO PUT A STAR ON HERE BUT THEY DON'T EVEN DESERVE THAT ONE STAR!! Stay away!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I purposely didn't spend money for 3 days and woke up this morning with a lesser balance than I went to sleep with... The CS banker tried to convince me that it was Uber and a subscription I had for $7.99, but that can't be because the pending transactions are already deducted from the balance! They've been doing this for some time and I finally caught it... They've taken my money for the last time!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Few days back, I initiated money transfer from BOA to WF from WF account with 3 business days method. When I noted, I still don't have funds after 3 business days (with money deducted from BOA already) in my WF account, gave call to customer care. Customer care is simply clueless and kept pushing me that I did transfer and I am responsible for it. & kept pushing me to check with other bank when they should be taking ownership of this transaction. They simply don't take into account that they provided online platform to money transfer. Worst experience from Wells Fargo customer care.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Was charged $2 for a few transactions in which I had forgotten my password, so even without verification of identity the bank charged for services outside the network. Emailed complaint and I don't think the service support individual read through the whole message before responding, the bottom line is Wells Fargo will charge fees on top of the fees out of network ATMs charge. Credit Unions are looking very good!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My husband had an account with Wells Fargo, for his work's direct deposit system. When he created the account, we agreed to use the option where it will not allow you to over-charge the card. We subscribed to an app that did automatic monthly payments. We cancelled it when he lost that job. They charged us for the last month, and then we were negative. The following is how it went, without my husband or I using the card once: 9/30/17-- neg. $51.39. 10/03/17-- neg. $71.38. 10/04/17-- neg. $106.38 (ending balance). neg. $126.37 (available balance). 10/05/17-- neg. $106.38. 10/06/17-- neg. $126.37. (Today) 10/18/17 @ 7:56 AM--WELLS FARGO closed the account while the balance was at $161.37. By closing the account, they rendered us unable to get into our online account to see why the money kept disappearing. Needless to say, Wells Fargo will not be who we work with.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Last night my Wells Fargo checking account showed 3 credits from refunds of purchases I returned... this morning I looked at it again and all three of them were completely GONE! I called the bank and they blamed it in the visa company but I am at this point not feeling the love. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing even being possible? The banker said the amounts will show up again at some later date and again blamed visa. I think she was lying. I told her about the Bank of America class action lawsuit where the bank got caught holding people's money back hoping the would bounce checks... it looks like Wells Fargo may be doing this?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Carrier offered 0% financing through Wells Fargo so my financial adviser said to go for it rather than use money in my IRA. I have excellent credit, never have made a late payment, and have never been denied credit. My online application was turned down by Wells Fargo without explanation, in fact they didn't even notify me, they notified the heating contractor who then phoned me. When I called their customer service they were not willing to help me because my phone number didn't match their records, even though every other piece of information I gave them did match. I was told I would get a letter in 30 days explaining why I was denied, not exactly timely information. When I asked to talk to a manager I started getting hems and haws and excuses. I will never deal with them again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Wow. First time I actually had to call this bank. Will be sure to never do that again. Wound up in Spain, I think, at one of the "call centers", (See: "torture chambers"), was given incorrect info RE a bank to bank transfer. Got with my other bank and sorted it out, then decided WF should be informed about their overseas call centers lack of competence. Got a couple of 19 YO girls who gave me a hard time, and just figure I'll let them sink their own ship from now on, and do as little business as possible with this bank. I have several accounts with WF, but am concerned about their stability now.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Worst banking experience I have ever had in my life. I had an account with Wells Fargo for Bob's furniture. I called them to close my account and get a pay off estimate amount. The pay off amount more than the entire balance for almost $600 and they couldn't give me answer from where that extra/not making sense amount came from. They just charge me that $600 and they can't explain why. The representative lady told my wife she DO NOT KNOW WHERE THAT EXTRA CAME FROM. I called again to find out. The other representative gave me an attitude, she doesn't speak English and it was hard to understand the situation. I asked to talk to someone else she refused. The original amount was $4599. I end up paying around $7000 and no one could explain why. I recommend everyone to just avoid doing business with this bank.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Their online site has been down for at least 3 weeks, now, with no answers or help in sight. I'm unable to get a sizable refund due me from a retailer because they are having problems issuing the refund to my Wells Fargo card! This is just maddening!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've been having problems with Wells Fargo for a while now. Wells Fargo is getting slick on how they charge you fees. Now because I answered an email, on how was Fargo customer service was doing. I gave them a bad review a couple weeks ago, now they took my check that I put in the ATM and put a hold on the full amount. Any manager for customer service had a bad attitude and was trying to treat me like a little kid. When Wells Fargo got sued a lot of customers started getting charged $35 fee on $0.50 because they needed to pay back people. Wells Fargo is the worst bank now that's out there. The customer service on the telephone, and inside the branch, think that nobody knows anything except them. Then when you show him proof, they're wrong and you're right they treat you like **. And think they only have education and they bring it up to you. That is why I don't need money in Wells Fargo and I'm going to another bank.

At First Wells Fargo was great, but like all greedy institutions and Liars and they want to just be rich. They steal your money, and that you got to take him to court or fight for your money. That's why a lot of people are closing the account with Wells Fargo. I will give him a zero because that's what they deserve in customer service now and the way they treat their customers. I hope they will go out of business one day.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I opened a charged at a national chain store. I wasn't aware at the time it was through Wells Fargo. Had I known that I NEVER would have opened the charge. I never received a charge card. Never received a bill. I had given my current address, for reasons unknown Wells picked up an address I have been in for over 10 years. I finally receive a call from Wells, about 3 months ago. Still have NOT received an itemized statement. They assured me it wouldn't be reported to the credit bureaus. That was a lie. Initially spoke with one woman who was going to mail my itemized statement and the removal of delinquent fees, still haven't received anything. Did a follow up call and spoke to a person who took her place. He said it would take two to three weeks to received the bill! He also stated the mail came back??? I have received one piece of mail from Wells. I just don't get it. How can Wells Fargo still be in business???

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I'm a new customer of two weeks, I needed to get $1100 out of the ATM and was told I exceeded my daily limit??? I called and asked for my limit to be raised and was told my limit would stay at $310 for the first 12 months, WHAT THE!!! So I said, "Fine I'll just wire the funds," I quickly was told until I've passed my 6 month new customer period I would not be allowed to wire money. WHAT THE HECK... This bank makes it impossible for truck drivers like me to conduct business in a small window of time over the road, I feel like I'm being treated like I'm 12 years old.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Worst bank experiences I've ever had. Constant monthly fees. Once they did an automatic transfer that paid my credit card with them off in full which at the time I did not have enough money to do and so without seeing it, I used my debit card on simple things $5 or less and got charged a $35 overdraft on about 6 transactions. I called them and they tried to give me 25%. After about an hour on the phone, I regretfully settled with them giving me 75% back. Overall I just have had issues with this bank for all 4 years.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I paid off two seniors' loans. Wells Fargo kept the payoff for itself. One senior has to keep paying the other senior Wells Fargo took everything from. I reported this injustice to every bank regulator who did nothing so I took Wells Fargo to court myself. The Wells Fargo lawyer moved the case to another court that I can't easily get to then lied about Wells Fargo not receiving the loan payoffs then filed to have the case dismissed.

I have filed proof the loan payoffs were received and copies of the certified mailing receipts. Wells Fargo will lie on you in every possible way. If you have a bank account or loan with Wells Fargo move it elsewhere ASAP. Wells Faro will do its best to take everything it can in every way possible. I'm posting what Wells Fargo did all over the internet because this has got to stop. Wells Fargo is willing to take every penny and a home from a senior making the senior homeless. Let that sink in.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I'd had an account there for years. Always in good standing, never overdraft or any issues. One day I decided to stop for gas while traveling on a weekend. My debit card was declined. I do not carry cash but desperately needed the gas so I puttered to the nearest location on literal gas fumes for a withdrawal. Card declined. Stuck in the middle of nowhere with zero cash or way to get any - but with thousands supposedly available in my Wells Fargo account, I decided to call customer service. I was told there was no one who could assist me on the weekend but to call back on Monday. I requested that they reinstate my card as active, explained my dire situation, etc., but was told that while there was NO signs of fraud on the account, that nothing could be done. I would have to contact them on Monday during business hours.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am writing this letter to share my experience so that others will probably learn and make sure to not use this company for any kind of home loan. I am a physician and well qualified for a loan. I contacted Wells Fargo myself in March to initiate the process of getting home loan. It is literally now September 26 and I am writing this letter as well as a letter to the Better Business Bureau and Fair Credit Lending Company about my experience and will be blogging about it in bigger pockets and my personal blog. After multiple delays on their part (for which they charged me 2x for extending closing date) even though all papers were always turned in on time, the company is now requesting I pay for another extension because there was delay on seller's end. Also every time there has been an extension they have attempted to raise my interest.

I have tried contacting their executive office and that has not helped in any way and they appear to have had issue with one of the people who was actually really trying to help me with the loan and that person is no longer working with them because he himself stated they were "just terrible and unprofessional." My advice would be to not attempt to get any loans with this bank and try instead a local small branch bank which will actually care about your business and will treat you with respect and work in a professional and timely manner. Hope this helps.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Wells Fargo is ridiculous. I have a checking account and my account became negative. As I noticed, I deposited money to cover the exact amount. Tell me why, I got an overdraft fee even though I deposited money that same day, which put me even further negative. It makes no sense. I called to get it reversed and explained what happened and the customer service agent said they couldn't do it. I said, "This is a mistake you guys made." All I got was, "I apologize, thank you for choosing Wells Fargo." So they get to keep my money?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I called Wells Fargo to report fraud due to a deposit into my account in the amount of $6,500 to my WF Online Banking prior to any other fraudulent activities. Suspected a big fraudulent withdrawal and told this to WF. WF Credit Card department finds and declares fraud. Sends new credit card to the fraud address in California, I live in New Jersey. New credit card used in California fraudulently.

WF Online Banking department closes claim with no fraud found. Fraudulent withdrawal of all fraud deposited and my personal funds leaving me with a negative balance. WF Online Bank charges overdraft fees due. WF Credit Card used to pay my mortgage since no funds available in my bank account. I paid WF online banking all overdraft fees charged even though I report the fraud. I am also paying interest on WF credit card for my mortgage payment of about $100 per month until balance is paid in full.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I am very disappointed, very upset with my Wells Fargo Bank. I have an account since 2000. This bank can't do nothing to stop the scam that was my money and I did call and stop the payment right away. The customer service are not well train. They don't know what to answer. I lost my $150 and that's not fair. I am very, very upset. Also they need some nice people in claim department. People are so rude and mean in that department. They don't want to help you at all. In that case I have to look for a good bank who can help me if something like this happened in the future. I hate to do it but I have to secure my money and need positive and trained people.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Drive Thru Teller -- 22nd Ave N/34th St N Branch -- St Pete, FL - Today, I went to the Drive Thru Teller, commercial entrance at the specified branch. There was one customer ahead of me and no other customers, yet I waited for 15 minutes --- the girl in front of me had time to fix her hair and put on make-up. Finally, it was my turn. I wanted to make a $30 withdrawal: 2 rolls of quarters and 10 one dollar bills. This is the second time I have gone to this drive-thru to be told --- "Sorry, we have no quarters, you will have to go inside." I then went inside and there were three teller windows open --- I waited in line for another 10 minutes. Was told they will make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm sure it will happen again because they are totally incompetent!! Make sure you can serve your customers efficiently!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I took out student loans through Wells Fargo and they have since become impossible to deal with. I originally took out these loans because I was desperate to finish school and had an active savings/checking account with them so thought why not. Oh to be young. I have since cancelled my bank accounts due to incompetence on their end and am only giving them money for the student loan.

I called the other day because I am recently experiencing a hardship and wanted to see if there was anything they could do to help like postpone payments or defer them altogether. After being on hold for hours, being transferred several times, then talking with a foreign supervisor who tried hard but did not understand the situation, the best they could do for me was have me make three full consecutive payments and then I will be eligible for postponing one payment three months from now. I don't think she understood that I do not have money at this time. When I explained this to her the supervisor actually laughed.

In NO way has this bank EVER helped me with finances or improving credit or the ONE time when I was so broke and asked to make a late payment. I'm terrified to think of what would happen to my credit as well as my cosigner’s credit if these payments are not made because they're such a crummy bank and the idea of giving them ANY money makes my teeth grind. This establishment has singlehandedly put my family in a financial bind. I would never do business with them again and I encourage EVERYONE to hang on to your own money or give it to a credit union that at the very least will try to work with you, don't give it to Wells Fargo. You really are just a number with them and they will take everything they can from you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have been a Wells Fargo Small Business Advantage customer for many years with a 100K credit line which has always been managed responsibly and paid on time. I have ALWAYS made my payments online, directly through the Wells Fargo website. Around the first of the year, Wells Fargo made extensive changes to their website. Apparently, something is not working correctly, because since that time, EVERY payment I have made online has not processed through my bank where my payment accounts are located. My bank has told me that the Wells Fargo website has never even initiated the payment. I always print the confirmation code from the website, and I have made every payment well in advance of the due date, and well in excess of the minimum amount due, because I am trying to get the account paid off quickly.

Every month someone calls me to tell me that my account is past due, even though I made every payment in good faith, and have told them that the problem is on their end, with their website. I have provided them with the payment confirmation codes from their own website. Their collections people keep telling me that they are looking into it, but they never resolve it and are now telling me that it is MY problem. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them, without EVER being able to resolve the problem. Instead they just keep hounding me for payments, which I show have been made. There seems to be absolutely NO coordination between their online/website people and their small business banking people, and everyone just keeps passing the buck and telling me that they'll "look into it." I'm extremely frustrated, and will NEVER do business with this bank again, in any capacity. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I've been with Wells Fargo for over 6 years and have had multiple fraud charges occur within the past couple of years. Most recently, a charge came through my account for a service that I had canceled within 12 hours of initiating the request (for ADT security services). No service was rendered and I received no benefit from the company. When I called (ADT) to cancel, I was told that my e-check would be canceled and no payment would be taken from my account. Two days later however, $108.16 was taken from my account. When I called Wells Fargo to file a claim I was told they were issuing a stop payment order and the amount would be credited within 10 days.

I called back to WF 2 days later and was told they would request expedited service so the funds would be credited back in 1-2 days. I called again today (2 days after my second call) to check on the status and after waiting on hold 45 minutes, the call was DISCONNECTED. I did not receive a call back from WF so I called again, waited on hold another 30 minutes, and then finally was told that the claim had been denied because I needed to deal directly with the merchant within 3 days BEFORE the transaction came out of my account.

Keep in mind, I CALLED TO CANCEL with the merchant less than 12 hours after I initially called them, was told by their representative there would be no charges to my account and yet they still deducted the amount 2 DAYS LATER. Now Wells Fargo cannot protect my money from being fraudulently withdrawn... because I was supposed to cancel 3 days before they charged me... I canceled within 12 HOURS! WF also did not inform me until after I'd spent 1.5 hours on the phone (FOR THE THIRD TIME) that they will not protect my funds and that the claim was canceled on their end. Overall the service at Wells Fargo has dropped astronomically over the last 6 years and too many fraud charges have occurred. They no longer are able to protect my account or finances so I'll be closing my account and finding a more responsible institution to bank with.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I have been banking with Wells Fargo for over 20 years since they were Wachovia. Have never had any major issues until about a week ago I tried to login to my mobile banking and it stated I had no accounts for online or Mobile use. I tried to go on from the computer and still no luck. So I called the online and Mobile Banking Department of Wells Fargo and was told that my account had possible fraud and was being investigated so my online banking and mobile banking was shut down. The one girl told me that my account would be open back 10 days after the investigation started which is on the 21st of August. She stated that it would definitely be back by the 1st of September. I called yesterday September 2nd and the lady told me the investigation didn't start until August 28th which was the last day I called and that my mobile app and all my online banking will not be up until September 10th.

Also nobody could tell me what the investigation was for although the first lady I spoke with had asked me if I was expecting to receive a large deposit from somebody into my account. I said I had no idea. I wasn't expecting anything from anybody. I'm sure it's just a cover-up of some fraudulent activity that is happening internally just like they did with the millions of other bank accounts. I just find it funny that nobody I talked to has any clue of why my particular account as being investigated even though it's only used for Uber and for me to pay my mortgage. Definitely very suspicious and I don't even have access to view my account on a regular basis to see what the heck it is that they are doing.

I believe every executive that works for Wells Fargo should be fired should be sued and fined and have their entire lives ripped apart houses and family taken away from them for everything they've done to everybody else. I'm sure there's plenty of people that can do that simple mindless job. Let's find them hire them and get rid of these corrupt heathens.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Recently opened a bank account at Wells Fargo. I explained that I had been the victim of several identity theft situations taking YEARS to resolve and costing me thousands of dollars after bank statements were stolen out of a locked USPS mail box. I asked them to under no circumstances send ANY mail to my home address. They agreed. Then they sent statements with account numbers as well as an ATM card to my mail box. I tried to call them and talk to them about this. On 8/31 for a period of over 2 hours I spoke to eight people at 1-800-877-4833. Every single person including supervisors were unable to help me. I was placed on hold eight times. The last person I spoke to who had a strong foreign accent insisted on my giving them my FULL social security number. Then the next day they called me again, a person named Myra from executive customer service called me at my home.

She had a real bad attitude. She told me she'd give me to a customer service specialist who would help me. She got that person on the line and then said she'd explained the entire situation to him and he'd now take care of me. She had not told him anything. I retold him all I wanted was the mail to stop coming to my home, he could not help me, he had to send me to another person. The same series of events that had occurred on the previous day started all over again with my explaining to person after person I only wanted the mail to stop coming to my home, and it ended the same way as the previous day with a foreign person who had no idea how to help me asking me for my full social security number (instead of just the last four digits).

So I am complaining that Wells Fargo's customer service is by far the worst I've ever seen in my 62 years of life. That they refuse to assist me in avoiding identity theft by continuing to send statement to me via hard copy mail when I've asked them now repeatedly to stop. And also facilitating ID theft by having their agents improperly ask for my entire SSN.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Had a checking and savings account with WF from the time they merged with Wachovia. This bank is a playground for the employees who all congregate in the teller area and shout to each other jokes and get sad when you ask them to keep it down because you cannot hear the teller. In view of the CEO scandal, had no confidence in them to trust my hard earned money with the bank and moved to a local credit union - quiet, customer focused and competent.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Of course it was easy to get a loan which I use to help get a car that I needed since my last car caught on fire. I've been banking with Wells Fargo for over 16 years so I figured getting a person one from them would make sense. I went on maternity leave this past summer and I did not have any income coming. My job does not offer maternity pay. I called them and asked them if they could put me on Lower payments or something or anything to help me get through the summer until I went back to work. Of course they were unable to help me. They said they don't offer any hardship assistance unless you are currently working which does not make any sense to me. How can you not help somebody when they are not making any income?

They were trying to get me to tap into my 401k do any means necessary basically to come up with this money which is ridiculous. So I've been struggling to pay them all summer because they call me every single day 3 times a day. It's actually ridiculous like they just don't care about their customers. They don't want to help. I think it's kind of sad that I've been with the bank for so long and then when I come to them in a time of need they pretty much turn me away and then just bother me even more.

How do you offer a hardship on somebody's working but if somebody goes on same eternally of and does not get paid for it that's something you can't hope. It's not like you can have a baby and go back to work the next day and they don't seem to understand anything like that and it's actually ridiculous that I have to wait till I go back to work to try to file for hardship, when all that extra money that I've been trying to get to paid in the summer I needed for diapers and stuff for the baby but they didn't seem to understand that.

If you take out a personal loan or anyone from Wells Fargo make sure you pay it on time or you'll suffer for it forever and they will not leave you alone about it and sometimes if you do go late they actually will tap into your bank account and just take the money out themselves as I have done previously and that's why I've had to pay them because I can't afford for them to go into a bank account and just take money out without me knowing when I have a child now that I have to take care of. I will never get another loan from Wells Fargo ever again and I'm very disappointed in their service and the lack of empathy that the service reps have basically "we understand you have a kid but we need you to pay this in this right now".

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Why?! After entering the wrong PIN twice my account is locked and I must go into the bank to reset it per Customer Service!!! It's after hours people!!! Give me at least 3 tries then the ability to change it online!!! I'm human and do sometimes forget PINS. Thank God it's not an emergency. I will be removing my savings from WF.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Wells Fargo gladly accepted bail out money from the US Gov't. However, god forbid that a person falls on hard times, communicates to them the issue, gets behind one payment and receives harassing, incessant auto dialed calls, with extremely RUDE individuals attempting to collect a debt. Especially, when you have been a stellar client for over 10 years.

I am baffled the audacity that they hide behind their policies and procedures and do not understand the human element. Furthermore, when you address your concerns of harassment with the WELLS FARGO Office Of the President, they refuse to help you, even if you are making your payments regularly. I spent over 30 hours speaking to 30 different employees of WELLS FARGO DEALER SERVICES and they are misinformed, rude and downright the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with, I urge any that reads this to boycott the worst offending BANKER in the USA.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I had a small food service business that I had opened up inside a call center so the food was to only be sold to the private employees. I had a probationary 6 month agreement with the call center's Director of Operations to see if the food business would be successful enough to continue on after the 6 months. DaVell ** of Wells Fargo in Las Vegas (**) had come to me asking if I would be interested in a Point of Sale terminal called a Clover. I told him that I wasn't sure if my food business would be successful enough to continue to stay in business as I was in a process of finding out if I could keep my business open long enough to even consider something like the Clover. He completely lied to my face with false information. He said that it wouldn't matter if my business closed down because he would have the contract terminated with no penalty fees based on the fact that the business didn't make it. He also lied on the length of the contract itself.

He came out to the location where I was working out of the small kitchen at the call center and as I was busy working he verbally explained the contract according to him and I signed without having the ability to read the documents. Unfortunately I trusted all that he was explaining to me of the contract and signed. Well 8 weeks later I had to closed up the business as it did not do well in sales. I called LaVell and he was now singing a different tune. Telling me that the contact could not be broken and I now had to pay penalties. Well those penalties are unaffordable to me.

I called to talk to his manager named James (**) and he never returned my first call after he told me he would call me back. I left a voice message for him asking him to call me back and I have yet to receive a call from him after 4 weeks now. I am receiving letters in the mail for collection of payment and it won't be long now for my credit to be ruined. Please Do Not do business with Wells Fargo as I am not the only one to be experiencing dirty business from this bank. Avoid them at all cost or you will regret it. They will lie to your face so long as they get you to sign.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I called 07/12/2017 and spoke with Demika to update my telephone number. Needlessly to say it was not done and as a result I missed important information from them, addition to Raul not understanding English and messing up my payment when I called in. Wells Fargo is crap. And their customer service representatives need more adequate training. I guess making fake accounts was the only training they received.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

My review does not include giving Wells Fargo Financial a star. Wells Fargo acquired what is now called Wells Fargo Financial from a loan finance company some years ago. Wells Fargo Financial has held up the closing of my home by their inability to provide the title company with a payoff amount. We now wonder if there is a cover up going on. We have spoke with 6 people two purporting to be a manager and was promised a pay off amount in 2 hours or at 9:00 am the morning of the close. Property to close at 11 am EST.

This process started more than 3 weeks ago and we have gotten nothing to date. Their policy is that requests are processed in 10 business days. We spoke with people who just got frustrated and hung up the phone on us. We spoke with people who did not know their job well enough to process the request. This is as recent as ten minutes ago. The excuse was to hold on the computer went down, next thing I heard the connection was gone. I still have no pay off amount, my house cannot close and I have dealt with employees that just do not care. Wells Fargo is moving toward a company who people have not faith in.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Been banking with Wells Fargo for over 15 years. The past year has been a nightmare of incompetency and apathy. It's truly shocking and I just can't do it anymore. In April, they said that we had to close down all of our accounts and start new accounts because my wife's information "was found in a fraud ring" they were tracking. This was terrible news on its own as we have several accounts most of which are tied to our business and our clients make transfers to these accounts and have for years. To start from scratch on everything was not fun. However, had I known that I would be met by an army of Wells Fargo employees who didn't care one bit about helping us out, I would have just taken our business to another bank. Instead, we began the process of setting everything up new again and it literally took more than 4 months and 10+ hours a week on the phone and email with them to get everything set and working again.

It was a gauntlet of incompetence and apathy. Truly shocking. During the process, a WF employee told me that they have seen this happening to a lot of accounts and they had heard that it might be the people Wells Fargo is using in India and that the people they are using in India are stealing customer information and using it. Of course I don't know if that's true, but it would make sense and it's crazy an employee would share that with me.

Since we have had things setup, I have run into issue after issue. This week alone, I found out that my debit card had been canceled. Very snotty local branch teller let me know when I tried to use it. Then they (same teller) told me that funds from a check we were depositing wouldn't be available for about two weeks. I get it that they need to verify funds from another national bank, but why would it take two weeks?

That experience pushed me to simply go to the other bank and setup an account with them, get a cashier's check and deposit it in the account. When I did that, they said that the Wells Fargo system was trying to put a hold on the funds for the cashier's check, which I am told is illegal. It was a fair amount of effort to get the funds in my account.

The last straw was this morning. I logged in to do a mobile deposit and was told that they were going to place a hold on the deposit and it would either be added to my account in one day or they would notify me by mail if there was a problem. Absolutely crazy to notify me by mail instead of email or calling. I can't do it anymore.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

When I opened both checking and savings accounts with Wells Fargo two and a half years ago, I didn't experience any major issues with them until now. Two months ago, my checking account was in overdraft. I called the Overdraft Protection Department to make payment arrangements. As soon as my paycheck arrived in my savings account, my whole paycheck was gone! I called the bank in tears, demanding to have my money back. Despite filing a complaint against the Overdraft Protection Department, the damage was done. They disregarded the agreement, and I was labeled a liar multiple times by numerous representatives. Because of them, I couldn't pay my bills, buy groceries and almost had my electricity turned off. I've already opened a checking account with a different bank, and looking forward to severing ties with Wells Fargo. I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone, unless if you enjoy getting screwed over.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My experiences in the city of Spokane are better than they were in Houston. Here in WA, I feel that I am getting more personalized service, although there are not as many branches. This bank was not as fast to catch on to fraud protection as other banks though. We had an issue and they accused us of being complicit. But one bank manager believed us, and we got our money back.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

In 2015 my husband received an insurance settlement. The check was drawn on Wells Fargo and our bank wanted to hold it for 30 days because of the size of the check. We went to Wells Fargo to cash the check knowing they would charge a fee because we didn't have an account. Once we got up to the teller she told us she couldn't cash the check without manager approval. OK fine. The manager comes over and escorts us to her office and explains to us the only way they will cash the check is if we opened a checking and savings account and she would allow us $2500 that day and the rest would be available in the new account the next business day. We had no choice. This was his worker's compensation back pay and we needed the money to pay back rent, utilities, etc. Basically we were extorted into opening accounts. If we didn't open the account we wouldn't be able to cash the check.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My experiences are good because I know all the people at my local (small) branch of Wells Fargo. If I have a question or problem, I drive 5 minutes over there and talk to them. They have been good to me, and I have used the bank for years for many kinds of transactions. It might well be different if I banked only online or using the ATM. I'm not crazy about some of the online offers I get or the way they post notices of my bank statements online. But I also like their online service to send money to someone, newly updated to Zelle.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I love Wells Fargo. My entire family has banked with them since they purchased all of the Wachovia banks. The transition to Wells Fargo was a simple and smooth. Their apps are wonderful as well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

When my account was victimized by fraud, Wells Fargo did OK until, without warning, they denied access to download my previous year's records -- thus hampering my tax prep efforts.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Wells Fargo = professionalism and excellent customer service compared to Chase and Bank of America where I have banked before. Every encounter I've ever had, be in person, via the web or phone, I have always had a very positive experience. The person(s) I interacted with are courteous and appeared truly happy to be of service - NICE!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

08/08/17 - Called Wells Fargo from Chile. Told must make international wire transfer IN PERSON. 08/10/17 arrived on overnight flight and handed banker a filled in form with all pertinent information on WF Check list, he submitted 8/14/17. Went to bank to inform that recipient account # was wrong and other information missing. Funds withdrawn from my account 08/10 but not received in Chile. Given a ref # after giving correct information. 08/15. Went to WF. Saw banker who again took the correct information and submitted it. 8/16 went to WF. Saw banker who confirmed information had been updated that day and gave me another ref#. 8/16 no record of funds yet in Chile. Had to fly to Chile. 8/18 Bank in Chile requested proof of transfer instructions which was asked via email and phone to WF Bank manager. 8/ 20, 21, 22 Still no funds and no proof instructions. Just a note that the bank was "escalating the process."

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have never had any issue with Wells Fargo online access, or banking services. There have been no known breaches of my personal information or any leaks of information.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The staff is always helpful however I dislike the $10 monthly fee if you don't have direct deposit, swipe your card 10 times in a month at a store or go below 1500.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Wells Fargo has mismanaged its customers' money for centuries. Their stagecoaches were robbed, almost daily, and usually it was an inside job committed by their own people during the Old West. Nowadays, they rob their customers in a multitude of shams, and schemes. Just a few: by charging ridiculous overdraft fees, unless the customer specifically declines that option. Re-ordering, or timing the transaction's documentation, or timeline, or its sequence, so that OD fees will be incurred; creating new accounts under existing customers' names, and exposing their sensitive, personal data to hackers; They're one of the reasons for the Housing/Finacial Crisis of the mid 2000's, and they're still practicing the same tactics for which they were previously fined billions, for destroying the lives of millions of honest Americans. Crooks.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

When I first joined WF I was giving these people at 300-400 in overdraft fees. I begged and pleaded with them to stop holding payments and release when they collected their money. It wasn't fair. Then a class action lawsuit was brought about, it helped some but I carefully watch my account. I have a dedicated account for bills alone. They have a ways to go however, they have come a long way as well.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Account got hacked a couple years ago but Wells Fargo's fraud unit caught it. It was a major pain to close and open new accounts. Also, sold my home and took 23 days to clear proceeds check. Local attorneys' trust check. They called it 7 day hold. Weekends and holidays made it 23 days.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

They will tell you anything to get you to start the loan process, assuring you all the way to the underwriter's big NO that there will be no problem. I brought up my concerns at the very beginning, and these were the factors that lead to the loan non-approval, but meeting with 3 layers of loan officers it was obvious in retrospect that they just throw anything at the wall and hope something sticks to get a nice commission.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

At my local branch, the tellers and managers are always helpful and very friendly. When I was charged fees on my savings account they helped me change the type of account so it wouldn't happen again and got the charged refunded. Banking there is quick and easy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I've been with Wells Fargo about 15 yrs. After returning from several yrs of being overseas, WF helped me reestablish bank accounts, credit, investments & auto financing. They have been responsive to problems, taken appropriate actions when needed. I'm very satisfied with Wells Fargo banking.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have been with Wells Fargo since 2009 and never had a problem until now. I had to call Wells Fargo three times due to packages not being delivered or the package has arrived damaged. When I called customer service they transferred me to their dispute department who never filed my dispute or gave me a claim number. This wasn't the first time. I called and made two more disputes that never got filed and was even given a false claim number.

When I called Wells Fargo dispute department I was told they have no disputes on file. Got a call a few weeks ago from The Wells Fargo dispute department telling me they need more info on the dispute I filed against Vons. I never filed a dispute against Vons and told the guy everything was fine. Wells Fargo filed the dispute in error. When I contacted customer service and told them my disputes aren't being filed and if they are it's for the wrong charge I just get told "I know this must be frustrating for you." Customer Service was Unapologetic and unhelpful and rude. Currently looking for a new bank.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Clerks were rude. When I tried to cash a check drawn to me on my acct. to pay a contractor. Refused a CC, couldn't get a loan, refused to reverse a fine cause I couldn't make it to the bank due to snow. I closed the acct and don't deal with them anymore.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Even though Wells Fargo has had its difficulties in the past I have always received the best care from them whether it be in person, on the phone or online.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have always had great experiences at Wells Fargo. Customer service has been very helpful where needed. I have been to several different branches and had had the same experience at all of them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I know they have had their problems and that humans for you, marketing on TV, they are trying hard to get back public's trust. Clerks behind the window are well trained and can count. They are very friendly and their first language is English or they speak English well with good diction. That's important for us old heads. Also easy access, good parking and bright.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I like to bank with Wells Fargo. Everything is going good. They're very helpful and good service friendly people. They explain real good how the bank works and have the right information to give a customer to bank with their bank.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Love Wells Fargo. People who work there are very caring and personable. If you have a problem you go to the bank and they fix it immediately. Easy to get to, within walking distance, right in the neighborhood.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I caught a fraud charge and then they asked me about another one that just came in - a charge in the UK. And the credit card fraud that came to light. Closed my credit card account.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I've been banking with Wells Fargo for a long time. For many years, I only had checking and savings. I liked their companion savings idea. That would save to the next dollar. Then I liked the savings incurred for every checking transaction. I refinanced a car loan through WF. I'm almost finished and am pleased with this company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We refinanced our home a little over a year ago through Wells Fargo. They were extraordinarily helpful, gave us a great rate and their service was outstanding. We have virtually all of our financial products with Wells Fargo and couldn't be more pleased, despite their one glitch of bad press, which has since been rectified, but didn't affect us.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I have been with Wells Fargo since they took over my bank and my experience with them has been positive. I do all my banking online, drive-thru and in person at Wells Fargo and find them to be user friendly and they have good customer service from my experiences.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I gave customer service a low score because I have had some problems with them before. My situation is unique where I have a trust checking account I have no access to that a family member controls. It is linked to my personal checking account to transfer money to. Both of our names are on the account because it is the only way for them to transfer to my checking account from another account I have no access to.

My family member was allowed to create his own access using his own login and password to access my personal Wells Fargo account without my permission which should be illegal. His only responsibility is a one-way transfer not to snoop around in my checking account. Some Trustees think they can do as they please. I inquired with two different representatives at Wells Fargo and received two different answers. One said this was illegal and the other said it was legal. It's like the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing or they need to start educating their employees.

After that was done he then ordered checks for my own personal Wells Fargo account then charged my account for it. This was done behind my back. I didn't find out until the bank notified me the checks were on their way which I'm assuming my brother also received because he sent me an email about that. He got caught and probably didn't realize both of us would be notified. It was4 an error on his part and he intended to order for the trust account instead.

Wells Fargo has a lot of explaining to do about this and if it wasn't for me having to keep that checking account open I would close out my Wells Fargo account. What they allowed my family member to do was unethical. His name is only on my account for that trust account to access my personal account not for any other purpose. Since my brother refuses to send me bank statements for that account after saying he would, I have no way of finding out if fraud is involved. I can thank Wells Fargo for that. They do have good security, but just how secure was my account if someone can do this. This just shows if you have somebody's account number you can very easily hack it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Although Wells Fargo had some hiccups in the recent past, I can truly say that they are striving to get to the level and standards that they were founded on. Good for you Wells Fargo!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Been with this bank over 20 years, most have been good. But advisors are hard to reach, bad on returning phone calls. Local level they are great. Never had a security problems.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I've been a customer of this particular bank before it was acquired by Wells Fargo. The customer service has not changed. Always someone available to offer you advice or point you in the right direction.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I opened my account at Wachovia. Several years later Wachovia was bought out by Wells Fargo. After the initial problems, Wells Fargo has continuously refused to allow transfers from my account to accounts of known individuals of myself, and consistently has refused to allow transfers to my own accounts at Citibank. Consistently Wells Fargo has used Hinder to prevent the use by myself of my own account and has placed any number of excuses to do so, in exactly the same form and manner that that same Hinder has been placed in the 60's and 70's against the Vote for Woman and African Descendants. This form and manner of Hinder and its excuses amount to determined fraud, it being not in doubt that forms of War Profiteering, Racial preferences and abuse of "Homeland security" protocols would be in play to commit these forms of fraud through Hinder.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I think Wells Fargo is a sorry bank. They've taken money not owed to them from my account. Twice with piss poor customers service. Bad manners toward customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Wells Fargo is very understanding and always willing to work with their customers. You can rest assure they are there to see to your needs and help with any issues.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I've banked with Wells Fargo since 1984 and have always been satisfied with their service and product offerings. They have been proactive about making recommendations that benefited me based on my financial situation. I don't think any bank has great savings rates which is why I did not rate them a 5 on financial services. I also do not like the recent changes to their website. I find it very cumbersome to use and navigate. I have shared this with Wells but they prefer to mimic the limitations of their mobile app. I do use the mobile deposit feature and find WF's app much easier to set up than others.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have banked with them for a couple years prior to getting a loan and my interest rate is 18.99. Freakin' ridiculous! After all is paid off I will be done with Wells Fargo!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

The teller told me to come in and sign my name for this particular credit card. "That's all I have to do?" "Yes," she said. I was at the drive in window so I had to drive out and turn around down the street. I go in the bank and they proceed to ask me all these questions. This is not just signing my name. They asked how much money I made. She already had put down some figure when she found out I worked at the wine store close to the bank and the figure was incorrect. My complaint... #1. Trick to get me in the bank. #2. The fact that I worked at a wine store that DOES NOT meet with the standards of the LDS CHURCH. Obviously she was a Mormon. It gave me a bad taste in my mouth. I DIDN'T KNOW WELLS FARGO was owned by the Mormon Church! I am moving to a different state and there is a Wells Fargo there, but I am going to look into a different bank. I don't like to be tricked. Be honest!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I had an account for a couple of years with them. Then my check would be deposited and my Debit card kept getting declined. I would have to drive back to the bank for them to reverse my check... Cash it. Then deposit it. This happened 5 times consecutively. Then they would cash my payroll check with no explanation. I was referred by the teller to go cash my payroll check and then I could deposit the cash into my account. My reaction was, "NO just close my account." This was around June 13 this year. I get a call recently saying I owe $155.00. So now I've got to go argue with them over their ignorance. They should be ashamed and fined. I worked in the same town about a mile from my bank. The agent asked me if I was refusing to pay them and I said, "Yes until I can sit down view my account in person." Then when they find their mistake not to worry about apologies. Just do me a favor and CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Wells Fargo Bank is not the best one but it will do, close by to where I live, they have been there for me at times when I needed the support. Other than that their web page has changed extremely.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They tend to change their min deposit on a regular basis so keep an eye out. Also won't alert you about your account being overdraft until it's too late.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We have had our accounts at Wells Fargo since 1987, and have never had a problem. We were transferred to a