State Farm Bank

State Farm Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

State Farm is best known for its auto insurance, but it also offers homeowners insurance. When you request a quote, State Farm suggests one of three levels of coverage: Essential, Expanded or Premium. You can select add-ons and see if you qualify for discounts. AM Best has given State Farm a high rating for its financial strength.

State Farm Bank Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Banking is backed up by a reputable company. They reflect what online banking is through the rest of the "pack" and I have been banking with them for about 7 years now, and they've always upgraded capability & kept security front and center.

Original review: July 22, 2019

State Farm has a large variety of financial resources. State Farm has more resources than most know. I've had State Farm Auto and Life Insurance since I was a teenager. My IRA is with State Farm. All my banking is done with State Farm Bank. I have RV insurance with them. Of course being an auto insurance company, they would offer auto loans with competitive rates. I would not overlook this financially stable company.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was quite surprised to know my insurance company also offered auto loans. The loan was competitive and included GAP insurance without paying more. It wasn't needed, but good to know its included. I will use State Farm Financial on more purchases at a later date.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I have cancelled polices after making payments, with them stating a text or email was sent and no email or text was ever sent. In December they told me I hadn’t paid a payment since October so I needed to pay September and November for the car insurance so I paid it, then they cancelled it because they said I didn’t pay 27$. In December I paid the house and the car then they said the same thing for the house that I was 2 months behind, I asked them why didn’t they tell me I was a month behind in November. Why did they wait till December to tell me?

They couldn’t explain it and had no answers. And then the person I was talking to said that he had no idea that he didn’t deal with payments and I had to wait for another lady to be there. It seems that no one has any idea about what happened to my 2 payments for the car and they wanted to double my payments for the house and raised my premium. I believe that they target elderly people in the hopes that they will not notice that their money is never making it to the “State Farm”.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I recently applied for and received a State Farm credit card. I was attracted to the favorable interest free period for balance transfers as well as the interest rate. The balance transfer process was exceedingly clumsy and involved a 45 minute phone call to transfer 2 balances. I had some misgivings about the process as at one point the agent I was working with said there was a double payment to one account showing and she had to get a supervisor to back it out. I checked my account a couple of days later and that duplicate transfer was still showing as pending. The only contact given for problems with an online notification-which I did. I received a letter yesterday saying that this was corrected and only the two original balance transfers would be put on my account.

I checked my account today and the duplicate charges were processed. After a 20 minute phone call State Farm's only advice was for me to call the other credit card company. They could not even authorize taking off the duplicate transfer fee. I have found the customer service with this bank to be slipshod and extremely unhelpful. There are other banks with similar terms, you would do better applying to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Proceeded with refinancing procedure through State Farm in May 2019. After mountains of paper works submitted with 2 hard pull of me and my wife's credits with many paid offs my credit cards and 6 months later I decided that they were wasting my time. If you thinking of any types of loans through State Farm Bank, Please save yourselves the headache. I paid money for rate lock. I paid for your home estimator. I submitted mountains and mountains of paper works. Mind you I have to turned in almost every week to them within 6 months time frame. RUN AWAY FROM THIS MEDIOCRE COMPANY THAT IS TRYING TO GET INTO BANKING AND FAILED MISERABLY. Would not recommend this company to anyone!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I applied for State Farm visa card on 5-21-2019 after receiving promotion in mail stating that I would receive 15000 bonus points after spending 1000 dollars on card within the first ninety days of having the card. I spent over 1200 dollars within 60 days. They refused to give me the statement credit. They said I had to spend 1500 dollars to qualify for 15000 bonus points unless I provided them with a copy of the offer. I didn't keep a copy of the offer. I did spend over 1500 dollars within the first ninety days from when I activated the card. They still refused to issue me the statement credit. They said that I had not spent the 1500 dollars. This a lie! I will be looking for a different card. I will also be looking for another insurance company that is not called State Farm! Sincerely Gregg

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Received letter from State Farm Bank stating that if I didn't use my visa card by a certain date; that they were closing my account. I didn't use the card and ended up shredding the letter that they sent me. Next time I checked my credit report; they reported to the credit bureau that "I" closed the account. Of course I had destroyed the letter that they sent but somewhere in their records they should have been able to confirm their own action; and therefore I could not get the credit bureau to change the reason why the account and who really closed the account. State Farm should stick to insurance and leave the banking to other reputable people.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

After moving and changing my address online through State Farm's portal. They still managed to send my new card to my old address, which was returned due to 'non-deliverable'. Then, after I call them, change my address AGAIN, they said they would send the card. Two weeks later still no card. BUT, they did send me an address changed piece of mail. I called them again about my missing card. NOW 'someone' in the 'fraud' department wants to talk to me before they send another card and oh, by the way that department is closed for the next 3 days so basically I was told to go pound sand.

Come Monday, I will be cancelling and closing my account. Every other major card company has a 24hr line that I can get my card. Nope, not State Farm. Steer clear for any banking needs. Insurance, they are decent...just not banking. -Side note, their 'hold' music is about 10x louder than anyone you will talk with, so if you get put on hold BEWARE! It may blow your eardrums, I know it gave me a migraine.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I don't have the time or space to explain the hours of phone conversations I had with a Customer Service Rep, A level 2 Person and a Supervisor. They cost me money by giving me misinformation and cost me the sale of my truck. They took responsibility for nothing except saying their rep gave me wrong information. Stay clear, they didn't earn their overall (*) star rating from everyone by being good. You are better off with nothing than anything from them. Worst experience ever!!!!

State Farm Bank Company Information