State Farm Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Whatever you DO NOT apply for a mortgage with State Farm. I had an excellent credit rating when we started this process. They ran my credit report on two separate day and 4 1/2 months later they are calling to verify employment which is holding up the loan. I have been at my job for almost 14 years and my husband almost 35 years. After months of wasting our time gathering all the information they requested. But they can't waste their time picking up a phone to verify employment. They use some online service that you spend 2 hours of your time going set up online when you work for a fortune 500 company.

I now have phone book of documentation Tax returns, W2'S, Paystubs and they still need to verify employment??? For a small loan on the property that appraised at twice the value and when I receive the call I am informed he spent an hour trying to do this??? Please this is a vacation property and I had a unsecured personal loan in 2 days to initially purchase this property. I was trying to save money on interest. After being solicited we went through them for a loan. If you are like me and work 60 hours a week to have these things please contact a company who knows how to handle these transactions.

If I were to write all the reasons why you shouldn't consider State Farm Bank for a loan, it would take me 6 months to complete. Listen... DO NOT DO IT!!! Day 7 of trying to complete a simple auto loan. Still no end in sight. You have been warned!!

Got an offer in the mail for State Farm bank balance transfer offer - 1.9% for 23 months. Sounded GREAT! While paying my State Farm Auto Insurance to my agent, I had them process the bank's offer to save time and maybe get a better line of credit for the offered balance transfer. So, it turns out that SFB gave me a $3,000 balance transfer offer of 1.9% for 23 months with NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE. HOWEVER, THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH AND THE SMALL PRINT TAKETH. In other words, what this $3,000 offer ends up doing is suckering the ignorant, ALMOST to pay $1,368 over two years for what a balance transfer fee would have been 45.6%. Luckily I calculated this out. By offering such a small annual fee and offering such a long term, most folks would not notice that they are unknowingly putting themselves into this trick bag. Let us all know that with State Farm Bank it is not, "buyer beware" but buyer RUN LIKE HELL!!"

I have ordered for steel roller pen worth Rs. 365 - Received a message that "your order no. ** has been despatched via FIRST FLIGHT on 16/09/2016 12 am AWB no. **" but till date I am waiting for the parcel. On enquiry from first flight they have replied that they have not booked such parcel. Will you please help me in sort out the matter.

My experience was horrible with State Farm Bank and co-signing a loan: I was applying for an auto loan and found I was not approved - because of negative input from a State Farm loan I was a Co-Signer on. I was confused because I had no idea there were late payments on the State Farm loan and I am very credit cautious. Here is what I found out... TOO LATE:

Although my part of the loan application with State Farm noted my new married name and address, somehow State Farm changed it on THEIR END to my previous name and an address I had previous years ago when I had auto insurance with them. Because of the incorrect info State Farm put in their system, I was never notified when the applicant was late on payments (I was a Co-Signer). My credit was destroyed due to this company and their errors! DESTROYED! When I was trying to resolve this issue I had to speak to 3 different departments before one of them was able to correct the issues. Of course, this was way too late as my credit was already destroyed. I would never recommend State Farm Bank to anyone - they are an insurance company, not a bank and it shows.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

My truck was up for repo. On August 12th I sent in a $500.00 dollar western union. They got it at 8:45 the next morning and they came and got it at 10:30 the next morning. After I called State Farm they had to bring it back and I lost a whole day's pay to get off work to handle it. I called yesterday Friday the 9th 2016 to make a payment and the lady told me that my vehicle was no longer redeemable. She said it was auction off this weekend and it was on their lot. If my truck wasn't redeemable when did the repo man bring it back and it is still sitting in my yard. I am looking for anybody can help me with this. I would tell everybody to stay away from state farm bank and I've had it for 4 years and never missed a payment.

If you are thinking about getting an auto loan with State Farm don't!!! They are horrible as a lender and everything has to be processed through their service team. They tell you one thing and then do another!!! I promise you they are horrible! Stay AWAY!!!

On June 9, 2016 my home was broken into for the second time since 2012. Garage in Feb. 2016 and shed May 2016. Today an agent came to my home and treated me like an criminal. Asked if I owed student loans. Or medical bills. Insinuated that because I was ** there was NO WAY I NOW could afford the things on my list. I had manuals for everything I owned!! He said it wasn't good enough. To go local stores and see if my number was on file. Been in my home for six and half years. Four break-ins. Was tired of taking losses. Been with my fiancée for fours years whom help me take care of our home and kids. Never been soo disrespected and insulted in my own home. Called his supervisor and made a complaint. Wondering if I was a different nationality would that have occurred.

I cannot believe I've actually been on hold for over 30 minutes, but I need to discuss my auto loan with them and have no choice. This is NO WAY to do business or treat customers. We are your customer. We have a choice where to get loans - I'm going to get another loan to pay off this one. I have never had an experience like this!

I contacted State Farm multiple times today and was transferred quite a bit as well. The main issue wasn't even a big deal. All I needed help with was seeing my credit card statements online. Somehow my insurance information was on my online account but my credit card was not. I was okay when they asked for my name and account number, but what really blew me off were the random questions. They also asked me why I called about 4 times on the same line with the same person. In the middle of the whole ordeal I was somehow transferred to the phone number on the back of the State Farm credit card. No one I was transferred to knew why I had been transferred, and every time I was transferred no one could help. I ended up with State Farm Bank support and just gave up when a lady by the name of Bianca gave a slight bit of attitude while I kept calm and said "thank you" and promptly ended the call.

I have been an insurance customer of theirs for 16 years. Very good insurance company. I made the mistake of signing up with one of their bank accounts. HUGE mistake. After I opened it online, and deposited money via ACH wire transfer from a much better bank, THEN they decided they wanted all kinds of info to "verify me" rather than just looking in their own files. Screw them. I tried to transfer to my money back OUT of the account also via ACH wire transfer, and they blocked it!

So now I got hit with a return item fee AND I can't get my money out of there! So now I will have to waste hours and get a headache dealing with them, just to "close" an account they didn't really even open, even though it was "approved" before I sent them any money. Just totally bizarre. All I wanted was a completely different savings account I could send money to via payroll deposit every pay period. What I got was a headache and a return item fee, and hours of wasted time. I should have listened to the online reviews. NEVER EVER EVER do business with State Farm Bank under ANY circumstances.

Be aware of Columbia, IL State Farm! Had State Farm 20 yrs +. Divorced + became POA for my father. Rates increased $500.00 in less than 2yrs. When attempting to solve the issue, was treated with severe disrespect + was informed that I was going to be needing money from them someday. Keep up because before you know it, those small increases of coverages add up into the hundreds. I switched companies due to the fact that there was a lack of communication and disrespect.

I have had a State Farm Bank credit card for a few years and have had it set up for automatic monthly payments for some time. This past summer all of a sudden the auto payments stopped being made because their system shows my bank account info as all 1's. When logging into the online system to correct, I show the correct banking account info. When making a one-time payment online, it uses the info previously stored and the payment is received correctly. Every single month since then (for a total of 5 months now, I believe) I get a call from a customer service rep saying my payment is late. I explain to them that something is wrong in their system, it was fixed the previous month & that I had been assured the payments would process correctly. Every month I get the same call.

I even spoke with someone in Administration who profusely apologized and said it was definitely fixed for good. Yet I got another call this month. Collection agents are not given any info on your account and state they cannot read your account notes & history until you verify all info & then they have to read it while they are on the phone. They send it to be corrected and the very next day another collection person calls who has no info. I have cancelled the credit card and will never use them again. I have had their home & auto insurance with no issues for decades. I will continue to warn everyone I know not to get involved with the State Farm Bank portion of the business.

I am very dissatisfied with how State Farm Bank handled my request for a new card. It was my fault I needed one but the change was needed to prevent wire fraud. When I requested my new card the agent told me it should be here Monday and mentioned nothing about a 3pm cut off when we spoke on Friday. I would never have agreed to overnight charge if the representative told me the card could not be prepared until Monday-Tuesday.

Today, Monday, I was told the new card and shipping was not "initiated" because I missed the 3pm cutoff Friday. FedEx delivers on Saturday and State Farm Bank Credit services runs 24/7 so I am confused why my card was ignored on Saturday and not yet ready as of 10:30am Monday. I am dead in the water without my card and it is Christmas. This does not tell me State Farm appreciates a customer like me who pays "all" his bills by draft for 14 years.

I have no choice now but to apply for another card thru another carrier and rely less on State Farm. I even saw USPS delivering Express Packages on Sunday. Not only do I not have a card but now I notice pending charges disappeared from my account and the agent could not see the charges I saw online. This isn't the first problem. I have had many State Farm mistakes over the years. All putting me at risk of not having financial means or being victim of fraud.

One thing after another. Getting to two months and not hearing anything from them. State Farm never initially added my fiance so when our storage unit got broken into, they gave us hell for my fiance. Well, we put him on it 2 years ago! And to try to call them, I'm on hold for 30min-an hour. Cannot do that as my business hours are theirs. Just want this over so I can just get rid of State Farm altogether. If this is how they handle a claim, I want to switch to another company. Act like everything is your fault. Hard enough that we had so much stolen that we've worked years to accumulate, now they're making it even more difficult. I will never recommend State Farm to anyone!

So far, I'm beyond unimpressed with State Farm Bank. I applied for an account roughly a month ago. This has to be the SLOWEST moving company ever. They sent me out paperwork stating that they couldn't verify my name or address (yet other banks could) and asked me to fax in paperwork. As of today, I've received a debit card and that's it. A useless debit card. I received the card 4 days ago, but I'm still yet to receive a pin. There is no checking account listed in my State Farm account online. I've been given zero information on how to deposit money into the account... But I'm not going to deposit money into an account that I can't even access. If everything is going to be this difficult, it really isn't going to be worth it! Just been a headache so far.

If you have a State Farm credit card you are probably familiar with State Farm Dollars. In recent months I requested online to redeem my state farm dollars by utilizing the redemption process found online when logging into my credit account. I have both personal and business accounts with State Farm. Anyway, when I redeemed the dollars I requested the dollars be applied to one of our vehicle loans. Followed the online prompts to have them applied and all was good. Today I received a check for those dollars that I requested be applied to the loan. I have called once before about receiving a check instead of the amount being applied to whatever I chose at that time.

The rep told me I must have made a mistake when making the request and chose to have a check rather than the amount applied to one of our accounts. I didn't think so but whatever. So today I proudly called to let them know I was correct that they had made a mistake and sent checks instead. So I requested they review the check issue history and advise how many checks had been issued but not cashed. She told me if they had exceeded 120 days then that money was just gone. I would not be reimbursed. Really? Why? Because on a business account you can only received State Farm Dollars via check. So I asked why their website didn't advise me of that when going through the whole redemption process. In other words, they don't care if those $'s are lost. But I do, so I will be actively seeking a replacement company for my consumer and business accounts. State Farm is taking customer service lessons from Comcast.

I wished we never used State Farm Bank for our auto loan because when you talk to them about life issues that comes up, where you paid and showed proof of paying your bill on time, and because we used western union that didn't send the money on time like they said, they charged us late fees and not contacting us about it until we got a knock on our door trying to repo our car. We had to pay 1,236.30 to send money wired to State Farm Bank and paying for fees with tow and storage fee.

Please do not and I repeat DO NOT USE STATE FARM BANK FOR ANYTHING. They lie and do not want to help you. And to customer service, there is ** and homeless person will treat you better for the spare change they get than State Farm Bank trying to so-called help you. Please whoever reads this don't use State Farm Bank for auto or home because if you do you will lose your car and home at the same damn time, and trust they don't care if you lose your job or home. They see it as they have a job and could care less how and what you do as long as you pay them now.

My account became inaccessible by internet while traveling abroad. Over a period of 9 days, I made numerous long distance calls and spent hours explaining the problem which was caused an update of their system. After a week, I had access for 1 day and then it was lost again. In the middle of this fiasco, my ATM card was declined over a weekend in a foreign country because State Farm failed to notify their "vendor" about my travel. Phone service is terrible.

Do you not believe anything that these people say. They are not knowledgeable about home mortgages. Each person you talk to will tell you something different. Do not do business with them because you will not be told the truth and you will lose money because of them.

State Farm Auto, Homeowner, Life and until last month, SFB. Been with SF since 1954 and love the company until I got hooked up with SFB in 1998. Two credit cards always payed off each month in full. My opinion of these clowns based on phone conversations over several years is that their online security system is from a third world country. You create an online username and password and you're into their system. Then they ask you 'security questions' they have gathered from public records (and we all know public records are ALWAYS CORRECT!). Well mine were not correct. I couldn't access my account unless I called, went through their questions, explained where they were wrong and someone would press the magic button and I was in!

Went through 3 levels of management (?) and was told the same thing: they would sent a note to the 'security team' for evaluation. That's all they could do. I could and did cancel both cards on the spot. Seemed routine to them. Two days later, two brand-new cards from PNC arrived and I haven't looked back. SFB DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS! Another bank would love to have you as a customer and treat you with respect. Love my SF insurance and agent, wouldn't change but... stay away from State Farm Bank!!!

I had the terrible experience of dealing with a State Farm claims agent today. He was rather arrogant and condescending. He did not provide any answers to my questions and just added more frustration to the claim process as he reflected lack of interest in what I was trying to explain as well as poor customer service. It is a shame that State Farm employs people that can't provide solutions in a respectful way. I am rather disappointed with this company.

I paid off my auto loan in full, totaling $9,878. I sent them an additional $10 payment for them to overnight the title to me. I was told by my representative that it would take a total of 2 business days to receive my title. I overnighted my final payoff on Monday. It is now Friday and I have still not received a title. I called their customer service number and the response that I receive is that they sent my title through regular mail and I should receive it in 7 to 10 business days because they did not read the notes that were in the system!!! The whole reason I paid off this car loan is because I have someone who has agreed to buy this vehicle from me. So, I have now paid almost $10k and will more than likely lose this buyer.

I am getting calls from State Farm everyday looking for someone who is not me. These are sales calls. When I call them to tell them it's the wrong number they act like they don't have time and hang the phone up. If this is how State Farm does business I would say STAY AWAY FROM THEM. Imagine how poor they must handle a claim if they can't even coordinate their phone calls.

Have been with SF for 30 years. Bought 2 new 2015 cars and financed with SFB. Good rates but the worst customer service in the country. I called to simply make a payment because they didn't have auto draft set up correctly and I didn't have my acct #. They asked me 5 sets of verification questions that only I would know which was fine. Then they asked me 4 more questions which was now not fine. After asking 9 questions correctly they started another set of questions and said "if I didn't know how much the payment was they couldn't help me and had to ask 4 more questions". Do not deal with this bank! State Farm Ins. is fine.

Most horribly experience I have had banking with State Farm. The WORST customer service. After banking with them for over two years I've maybe had two respectful reps. Everyone else was completely rude talking over you and using foul language. They cancel your account without telling you and months later they give you a call with a very high amount being owed to them. After trying to pay off my account they continued to add ridiculous fees in there. So disappointed with State Farm Banking. I would never recommend it to no one else.

Never create an account with State Farm Bank. I tried to do a balance transfer to my new SFB card. The first time they tried to send the money to the WRONG bank. They told me my account number was with Bank of America. I insisted it wasn't. I even called my bank to make sure they weren't associated with Bank of America. They assured me they weren't. When I called State Farm they then told me it wasn't possible for my account number to not be with Bank of America. They told me I had to wait 10 days then cancel the transfer.

After it was cancelled I then had to wait again for the cancel to go through before we could transfer the money to the correct bank. They finally "mailed" a check to my bank. Three weeks later the balance transfer still has not gone through. State Farm is however charging me for the balance transfer. State Farm said there is nothing I can do until a total of 4 weeks go by. Now I get to make payments to both banks. Never will I deal with State Farm Bank again. EVER!

I had a HELOC with State Farm Bank. The HELOC became due and they decided to contact me a year later. I called my agent, who originally signed me up for this nightmare, and they became involved in getting the LOC termed out. After written confirmation to my agent, State Farm Bank did not produce the term loan agreement, thus creating a "charge off" on my credit report. This has ruined my credit that I worked so hard to build. I sent them a letter and their response was flipped and unprofessional, taking no responsibility for their failures and making excuses that the party who sent the original letter was no longer there, thus his letter did not apply.

I have now been extorted by State Farm Bank by a person who will not sign the nasty letters sent to me. I have been told that if I don't pay $370 per month, they will take my house away. (Yes, I have that in writing...and the grammar used in the letter is poor and unprofessional) The original LOC payment was $75 dollars per month...a hard nugget to chew on with the monthly amount going up 5 times the original amount. Pay it or else... I think the Feds should really investigate State Farm Bank. I can almost guarantee the business they are conducting with their customers is questionable by Bank standards and most notably unethical by business standards.

Had both car loans with idiots. Paid them off. State Farm sent first title to some car dealer. Took over three weeks and countless calls to State Farm. Absolutely no help. Had to straighten it out myself. Second vehicle they screwed up make and model on lien release. Hard to get GMC mixed up with Hyundai. So I am now doing State Farm banks work again.... Maybe they should fire the notary first?

I had decided to do a balance transfer over to State Farm due to the low interest rate that caught my eye. That was over 2 months ago. I received the cards and that was it. No statement or anything. Then I got 2 more statements from the previous credit card company. I was getting a little perturbed that the balance had not shifted. I called State Farm several times and one of the questions they ask you for security reasons, I had to call several times to do this so my answer changed from Yes to No each time because the answer was incorrect every time. Then I was told to send my information (ID, phone numbers, and a copy of a utility bill) just to get questions answered.

By the 10th fax and the 6th phone call, I was getting more and more upset because they wouldn't answer 2 simple questions. I finally just gave up and had them cancel the credit card. The roll over never went through and my account was on hold - for 2 months!! What the hell were they trying to do to me? I told my husband what I did and he agreed that cancelling the card with State Farm was the best option, even if I had to keep paying the higher interest on the other card.

State Farm Bank Company Profile