State Farm Bank
1.29/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

State Farm Bank

State Farm provides several different insurance products, including auto, home and renters insurance. State Farm is not a participant in the InsuraMatch and *ConsumerAffairs insurance program. With one simple phone call, you can contact InsuraMatch to get quotes for vehicle coverage from multiple providers.

Looking for a mortgage lender?

State Farm Bank Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Since I've started this account, there have been nothing but fees for things that are normally free with other banks. Transfer fees and foreign transaction fees are especially painful. Most banks don't charge these things anymore. The final straw was this weekend. I deposited a check to cover some automatic drafts that were coming through. It was approved and then the items came through - and were all rejected.

I called the rep and she said, "Well, this is a holiday weekend and so no money was moved yesterday." Oh, okay, but yet you were rejecting drafts left and right when you have a check pending on the account. On a side note: the check was approved and normally would have cleared the next day. The day I deposited it was not a holiday. I don't give a crap if it's after 2pm. Most people make deposits after 5pm on Friday. Most banks will hold all items if there is a payment pending on the account. Not State Farm.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

One problem after another and it is never State Farm Bank at fault. Unexplained fees on statement, unreceived payments blamed on USPS, 15 days to get from DE. to GA. not likely. How long in your mailbox? Goodbye State Farm Bank. Shabbyest c.c. Co. I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have been with State Farm insurance for 12+ years and have always recommended them to anyone looking for an insurance company. When I bought my first brand new car, my agent suggested that I finance it through their bank. Worst mistake of my life. When there was some hardship in my family last year, I missed a payment. I called a couple months ago to rectify the situation and was given the option to add the payment to the end of the loan. Awesome! Seemed simple enough. They were to mail me a form, I would fill it out and send it back with a check for the interest and was informed to make sure the money was not in the account so when they tried to take the payment, it would be for the current month and not the missed payment.

Well the form came too late, the money was not in the account as requested and now I am behind 2 months of payments. State Farm has proceeded to call me so much that I have been forced to block them. They now have started calling my work even though I am actively putting whatever I can towards the account on a monthly basis. I understand that I am the one who missed one payment ($364) but the terrible customer service and downright harassment from this division of the company has made me rethink them as a whole. I will never refer anyone to them for insurance ever again. And honestly, I might refinance my auto loan with another company just to end the harassment sooner.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Opened account two weeks ago and no one can help me login. I called to close account. They wanted account number to transfer funds back to me, I don't think so. Why would I trust you with my bank account and you cant even help me login to your own bank website? Stay with insurance, everyone cannot do everything.

Original review: June 27, 2018

An automatic charge of $5 went on my State Farm Credit card. I was not aware of it. The statements got lost in my email. After about 3 months, I received a letter from State Farm that my account was closed and I owe $102.72. I was going out of town and I paid the full amount of $102.72 without calling State Farm. State Farm owed me $53.68 in reward points. When my insurance bill came in I tried to access the reward points and found it was 0. I called State Farm and was told that it was forfeited. I, therefore, paid State Farm $150 fees for $5. Why couldn't State Farm use the $53.68 to cover the $5 that was owed? I had State Farm insurance on home and car since 1985. It looks like it is time for me to fire State Farm Insurance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about State Farm?

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have been with State Farm for 47 years and State Farm Bank for 18. No problems till Feb 5, 2018 when I tried to make a payment by phone. A lady took my debit card number and she was not supposed to. By the end of that month they suspended my card and I called again and the lady took my checking account number and routing number from my personal check and said she had all the info she needed. I had two verification numbers from both calls. March rolls around and I find out they haven't received a payment from my bank. A letter was sent March so I called again and once again they copied the information needed from my personal check.

Later I find out that they copied all the information wrong on their end because a supervisor told me they had 3 sets of wrong numbers that did not match my checking account. I go to my State Farm Insurance Agent and they called about the matter. My agent gave them the info needed from my personal checking account and 2 days later they got their money. But that did not stop them from putting me on a credit file and reducing my credit score! I have paid my car insurance and Visa on time for many years and they do this to an old customer. And yes, I disputed the matter by letter and they told me it was my fault. Not theirs. But who copies the information by phone? If I knew what my next option was I go to an attorney and sue.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Today (04/07/2018) I try to log in to my online account. I log in every day due to this bank is not located in my state. So I have to do all my baking online. When I try to log in it said that my password was incorrect. I recheck my password and again it told me that was incorrect. So, I try the "I forgot my password". I try changing my password and it told me that there was a technical error. To call 877-734-2265. The rep stated to me that back in September last year they couldn't make an ID when I called so they lock my account. I told the lady that I didn't call. She said that she can't do anything that I need it to go to a State Farm office and have them ID Me. I told her they don't have a bank here. This is why I do all my banking on the internet.

She said that I could go to a State Farm insurance to have them ID me, by showing ID card and they will call to confirmed. I told her that my account could be hack and I have to wait till Monday. I told her that by then I wouldn't have anything in my account. She kept apologizing. I told her that her apologies will not help me get access to my account. Who in the world lock my account back in September and why I wasn't told about it? Why I was able to get to my account yesterday and I can't now? Now I can't get to my account at all, because my car is down and I can't get to a state farm agent office. Please whoever is reading this... DON'T BANK WITH STATE FARM.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I withdrew money from my Roth IRA on Tuesday, March 20th. I asked what the fastest way to get it as I knew my bank account was in bad shape if I didn't get that check by Friday. The woman I spoke with said the could FedEx the check for an additional $15, which I relented to. She said I would get the check at the latest on Friday, BECAUSE IT WAS BEING FEDEXED. Friday came and went with no check. So Saturday, I get something from State Farm, which I thought was just a statement, but turns out it was the check from my Roth IRA. I looked and saw on the statement that yes, I was charged for the $15, yet it came through standard mail in a regular State Farm envelope, NOT IN A FEDEX envelope. I tried to deposit said check via mobile deposit to my bank.

I knew my bank account was already in trouble and was already in the negative, but I was just happy I finally got the check. Not only did it not go through, I was charged a $30 fee for a returned check. So I called my bank and because whoever printed it out also included ROTH IRA in between my name and address, my bank would not accept the check unless I set up a ROTH IRA with that bank. So as of just know when I check my bank account, it's negative -$481.

I called at 11 am to talk to someone about this. Linda, the woman I spoke with, was kind at first, but that facade quickly faded. She argued with me that the check really was FedExed (I have a photo of the State Farm regular envelope it showed up in) and that it wasn't their fault that my bank account is negative. She said they could re-send a check that would not have ROTH IRA in pay to the order line, but it would take a couple days. I told her I needed that money immediately sent to bank account. She said that I would have to fax a voided check.

The whole reason I'm having to take money from my retirement is because I'm bed-ridden, due to vertigo and I don't have any sick days. She rudely told me she would call me back in a hour. 3 hours later, I still haven't gotten a call. In fact I called her back and whoever I spoke with said she was on the phone and would call me right back. I have no money right now. Actually it's worse because I'm in the hole -$481 because of you guys. I've been a customer for 20 years. This is not ok. PLEASE DO YOUR FREAKING JOB and get me my money in my bank account.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I asked for a credit line increase and was turned down, (my scores are 760 to 780). I was told that State Farm has their own scoring system called Horizon (not sure if I have that correct), my score with them is 623. Asked if I could review it, was told no. I said there must be an error on the report. In a polite way I was told nothing could be done. That should not be allowed. I have had my auto and homeowners ins, with them for over 40 yrs.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

There has not been much, if any, good experiences I’ve had with this bank. The app is constantly down, their ATMs where you can deposit are never working and when you call to tell them that, they don’t seem to care at all. The customer service is beyond horrible. Whoever you talk to just seems like they want to transfer you elsewhere. I had a car loan payment withdrawn from my account two months in a row and the car has been sold for over a year. Not sure how that even happens. The supervisor that I spoke to hung up on me when I told him his bank was horrible. Just not a great place to bank. When I told the customer service agent I wanted to close my account all she told me was, "Ok, just stop using the account and thank you." It was just a normal occurrence for someone to want out with them.

State Farm Bank Company Information