1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 40 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 24, 2017

49 Santa Barbara Bank & Trust Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I filed my tax return with TurboTax this year, as I've done for the past 4 years. I'm self-employed so I had to upgrade and I chose to have those fees taken from my return. I figured it would be no big deal. Boy, was I wrong!!! 10 days after filing I received an email from TurboTax stating that my tax return had been received (by Sbtpg) and that I should start checking my bank account the next day as I had chosen to have funds directly deposited. 5 days later the funds are still not in my account! So, I went back to the TT e-mail and got the Email info for Sbtpg. Over several days I sent several emails only to receive the same response... It's not a valid email address.

So, I call Sbtpg. An automated service tells me that my bank rejected the funds? I bank with a nationwide big time bank! I call the bank. No funds were ever attempted to be transferred! I call Sbtpg, after verifying that all info is correct they say that I may have given them the wrong routing number. I say that's odd because I have several clients who deposit money into my account on a regular basis! Why is it that "Joe Shmoe" can easily maneuver a bank transfer but Sbtpg can't manage it. They literally pretended that they couldn't hear me. 8+ minutes into a phone conversation where a lot of information had been exchanged... And all of a sudden the connection is poor? When I asked why they waited 5 days before sending a paper check through the mail, that was my bank's fault. My bank took several days to reject the fees?

So, now they've had my return for 2 weeks. There's no possible way to get it to me except through the mail. They are taking absolutely no responsibility or fault. They never once attempted to contact me. Not in any way. No phone calls and no E-mail. I've spoken to 4 different employees, all have given me different wait times and all have acted as if they can't hear me when I get upset or have a valid question. At this point, I want to completely wipe my hands off this entire mess. Just start over fresh with a reliable tax company. One that doesn't have such poor judgment to trust my return with liars and thieves. I had no idea that I would be dealing with the Santa Barbara tax products group. I am so disappointed in the level of unprofessionalism and lack of urgency. I will never use TurboTax again and can only feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with Sbtpg!!

Original review: April 26, 2017

I'm definitely not happy. I filed my taxes on Feb 15, 2017. Had a problem with identity theft so they put my account on hold in March then I had to do a lot of faxing to IRS and state of California. Got it taken care of. IRS released my tax return on April 18th. I called TurboTax to see if there was a hold on my account. They said, "No. It was taken care of" and still no return. Come to find out on the 25th of April, Santa Barbara Bank received my tax return but never deposited it into my bank? They took their money out and I had to upload my id. Then they tell me I have to wait another week to get my money.

I'm irate that these people think they can play fast and slow with my goddamn money. Never once did they contact me. I will never use TurboTax again, or Santa Barbara Bank again. They are the ones committing fraud. I'm still pissed and not going to put up with this. I told them they better have my money in my account by tomorrow, we'll it's tomorrow and no deposit.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 24, 2017

This is a open scam! They have so much of hidden fees. By just choosing the easy way of detecting my TurboTax fee from my refund, I made a blunder! TPG charges 40 bucks for this and on top of that, they charge 20 bucks for sending me the check in mail since my bank was not able to accept the refund. This is a complete scam done by TurboTax and TPG. These fees are not mentioned clearly to the customer when they choose the payment option while filing taxes. PLEASE STAY AWAY from TURBOTAX and TPG!!

Original review: April 6, 2017

I too have had the same problem as many on here. SBBT help my refund of $3500 for weeks and I was never notified as such. The excuse was that there had been suspicious activity on my account. The same false excuse given to others. This is either or both that they are holding money to accrue interest and/or they are using this as a way to get your contact information for resale. Either is illegal. I am planning on taking this up with my attorney general and Better Business Bureau.

Original review: March 15, 2017

After reading other people complaints on the Consumer Affairs with Santa Barbara bank I came across similar issues that Santa Barbara Bank and Trust provided me. I have a lot of worries to why my refund is on hold and why they not telling me why my tax refund is on hold? I never had this problem with any of my tax refunds since the first year I filed 2011. This is my first year filing my tax with turbo tax. It been 4 days between turbo tax, IRS, and Santa Barbara bank and trust they gave me a runaround about what happened to my refund and who has it?

On today March 15, 2017 IRS finally requested for me to get in touch with Santa Barbara Bank, so I did. One of the call representative name Antonio could not answer any of my questions I asked. He was very rude and had the audacity to ask me if can read. It's my last and first time filing my tax return with Turbo Tax because of the lack information that was not provide to me the first time. I truly hope the IRS correct this issue that everyone including myself are concern about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santa Barbara Bank & Trust?

Original review: March 10, 2017

This is a "3rd party company" that will let anything happen to your refund. Part of my refund is missing which the IRS is saying the whole amount was deposited. SBTPG is saying Treasury Offset took the money which for an offset that the IRS nor the Department of Revenue knows nothing about nor did they received the money. If you use TurboTax pay upfront and skip all the rest. Something needs to be done with the company.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I filed my tax return through TurboTax, and selected electronic filing fees to be deducted from my refund check. As others found out the hard way, the TPG arm of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust received my IRS refund check directly, to deduct the filing fees. I found this out after contacting TurboTax, a week after the IRS said my refund has been sent. Only then was I made aware of TPG. I went to their website and found my "account" with them. It stated that my refund direct deposit was on hold, due to "suspicious activity on my account" - and I was prompted to send a cropped photo of my driver's license (front and back) to verify my identity. I was never actively notified to do this. I only discovered it after tracking down my refund check.

I submitted the verification photos and info (received a "Successful Transmittal" response). Their website stated it could take up to 7 business days to release my money to me, after submitting verification info. After 9 business days, and my money still being kept on hold, I called customer support, who were completely useless. They could not confirm when or if my verification info had been received, or give me any explanation as to why it's still on-hold or even why it was ever placed on-hold. So I submitted my verification info again, and also attached my driver's license photos to a message to customer support, so they could not claim they never received it. Now, I'm waiting another 7 business days to see if I will receive my money. In the meantime, I have looked up, and found many complaints similar to mine. TPG is obviously intentionally holding onto people's tax refund money as long as possible, in order to earn money by interest float.

It's a very transparent scam, and I intend to file complaints with the cognizant CA district attorney's office. I would encourage others to do the same. I will also be initiating legal action on my own, if my money is not received as promised (again) within the 7 business day period. My advice, and warning to anyone considering using TurboTax or TPG products - read the complaints online (they're not hard to find).

Original review: March 6, 2017

We have used Turbo Tax successfully and happily until this year. Upon filing we were notified by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group that there had been suspicious activity on our account and that they needed identity verification via a photocopy of our driver's license (front and back). We contacted Turbo Tax to confirm the validity of the request which they did confirm so we uploaded the requested documentation immediately. Eagerly awaiting our refund we checked the IRS.GOV website to find that our refund had been processed and deposited... but obviously not into our account. It seems that the SBTPG has been holding our tax refund since 2/23.

We contacted SBTPG and they said they needed to verify our identity - again - as they had no record of receiving the uploaded documents on 2/7. Thus, we performed another upload - this time taking a screen shot of the successful upload. We have been in communication with Turbo Tax and they are completely unaware of the suspect operations of SBTPG. We advised the Turbo Tax representative of this website full of complaints. We hope everyone else will as well.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Just as everyone else who has filed a complaint about the Santa Barbara Tax Product Group my story mirrors theirs as well. To make a long story short this fictitious business placed my account on hold and didn't notify me so as a consumer I did my homework and contacted the IRS and TurboTax to ask where is my refund check and they both told me to contact Santa Barbara Tax Product Group. This company placed me in line like everyone else, that was until I filed multiple complaints against them with the BBB, CFPB and that states local attorney general's office. This company all of a sudden started doing the job that they were suppose to do a month ago on Feb 7th.

As of today on March 3rd I was notified that my account was taken off of hold but my refund has still not been direct deposited into my account. Trust me I will never use TurboTax and Santa Barbara Tax Product Group ever again in life. When I file with one of the big companies in the coming years to come I'll ask if they use SBTPG as a 3rd party bank, if they say yes they do I won't be doing business them. This company has lost yet another customer and me for life!

Original review: March 3, 2017

This is the worst corrupt bank I ever encountered. My refund I did on TurboTax was sent to them to collect the fees for filing with them. My refund was approved on Feb 23 2017 by the IRS and sent to them and they have my refund on hold with a bogus excuse that I had to submit my ID to be identified. I did and it is a day over and they still have not released my refund. Their customer service sucks. They just give you the runaround and send you to a automated phone message. This is absolutely the worst company ever. They are holding my refund hostage like it's there's. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General office. They will pay for this. I promise that nobody especially this scam bank have the right to hold my hard earned tax money.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I filed my taxes through TurboTax and made the mistake of letting a "3rd party" take my fees out of my return. TurboTax insists that it's a painless process but they couldn't be more off. After the IRS sent my return out 16 days ago, I was wondering why it wasn't in my account. I called the IRS, then TurboTax, and neither gave me a good answer until I finally got someone at TurboTax to tell me to call Santa Barbara TPG. When I called them they said my account was on hold for "suspicious activity"... What could be suspicious? No one has touched the account but them and the IRS. I didn't even know it existed!

Anyway, they have me log into their website and upload my ID photo front and back and say it takes 7 business days to complete the process of confirming my identity. I've now called in numerous times and cannot get a status update on my ID. I can give them all the information they need and ask for on the phone, Social Security #, Address, filing status, refund amount... but they still don't believe my identity? The return didn't come after 7 business days... Their solution? Upload the photo ID picture again and wait ANOTHER 7 BUSINESS DAYS!!! To what point does this end? I may never see my money! DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM OR TURBOTAX!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

My tax refund was put on hold (to verify identity). Okay... I understand that to an extent. But, the IRS information was CORRECT, TurboTax information was CORRECT. Why would there be a need for another verification. USELESS. They never notified me of the hold, I found out after calling them a week after my refund was supposed to be in my account. I never received any emails from them whatsoever. When I called I was never given a real reason for the hold... THEY HAD NO REASON. Only that they needed to verify identity... because my refund was flagged suspicious. They made sure I never use TurboTax again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Bunch of scammers here holding my refund hostage. Said I need to verify my identity, what a crock! Just an excuse to keep my money and earn interest on it. I'm happy to be a part of any class action suit against them. They said to wait 7 business days for them to process my ID. I'll be driving down there on the 7th day and believe me it won't be pretty!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Sbbt tax group is robbing people of their tax refund money. They put a hold on my refund without any contact at all, then said to verify my identity, which I did, 4 times. I also emailed them to verify they received it, still no response or hold lifted. My husband needs his diabetic medicine!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Like many others here, unknowingly came into business with them through TurboTax. Always prepay if you need to use it because the company is terrible. Put a hold on my account, I immediately fulfilled their requirements to release it. Said everything was fine. A week later they put the same hold back on, again without explanation beyond suspicious activity, do the same thing they release the hold. It says refund received transfer in 2-5 business days. Check again today, it says cashiers check. Man what the hell. Call them. They say, "Oh well they risk department changed it for safety," I tell them that's not what I signed up for, I don't want that. Nothing they can do. Now I have to wait more when I would have already been finished last week if I had done it without them. Terrible.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

The bank (after filing our taxes with Jackson Hewitt) gave Jackson Hewitt their cut of the taxes for the fees... then turned around and blocked our account so we can't get the rest of our tax refund. Yet they had no problem giving Jackson Hewitt part of it. They said we need to submit our ID, and we did that twice. Jackson Hewitt called them, then they locked us out for even being able to submit our ID or do anything with our account. It's a total scam, they say it's for your protection, but the only people taking our money interest free... is them. They need a class action lawsuit, apparently; by the looks of all these reviews. They ruined the business of Turbo Tax last year... They ruined Jackson Hewitt's reputation, this year.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Thought I was taking the simple route, to agree with TurboTax to have my Fed Tax Refund processed by a 3rd party, and pay the state and audit services directly. AND WAS THAT A MISTAKE!!! Refund paid by IRS 11/9. Had to call IRS to find out where refund was paid to, as there had been no notification of deposit by target bank. Was explained that the refund was made to Santa Barbara Bank, at a designated route/acct # created by TurboTax. Contact SBB to find out status, was told that there was an issue with making an electronic transfer to designated bank and BECAUSE I had not contacted them, the refund was being returned to IRS. There should have been no problem with direct deposit as the state refund using the same information had already processed.

SBB operator promised a callback by a supervisor that could provide details of the failed transfer and how to proceed. NO CALL occurred over 2 days. Follow-up calls to SBB got the same promise for a callback. An email message from SBB provides links to check on status (just takes you to the original processing fee for TurboTax), link to provide identity information (not on file with SBB by the way). But the latter required an 'account number' which had never been provided. SBB has carefully orchestrated a theft. They have my refund, are likely using it to make money, have provided NO WAY for resolution. Intuit/TurboTax has a contract with SBB to process filing fees from a return. USE THIS OPTION WITH THE GUARANTEE THAT THE REFUND WILL NEVER OR SIGNIFICANTLY BE DELAYED.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Same story as below. Used TaxSlayer. Lied and told me my bank rejected direct deposit. I confirmed it with my bank's manager that there was no direct deposit that was rejected from TaxSlayer, Santa Barbara or any others. Submitted my information on Santa Barbara's Tax Group's website multiple times. Still no money.

Original review: April 8, 2016

Tax Products Group is holding my money and will not release it to me. I filed with Turbo Tax January 22, 2016. My refund was accepted and processed. It was deposited to my bank on March 9 but supposedly the bank rejected it. Mind you it was a Green Dot bank. Had to call the IRS to ask where money was and the IRS looked up the routing number and gave me the name Tax Products Group. I was placed on hold very long periods of time, connected to a line that hung up on me, charged $20 because the deposit was rejected and came back to them. I asked for the return to be sent back to the IRS. I was done dealing with TPG. I was informed that I would be held in their office for 15 business days and that it was their policy before it would even be sent back to the IRS.

I then called a week later to make sure there were no other holds and that it was scheduled to go back. The rep I talked to told me that it was not policy and that it went back in batches so I kept waiting patiently. Now when I called to today because it still is not back at the IRS, the office is closed and the automated system that took my social said that I had to call their risk analysis dept. When I dial the number it just says to call other numbers, wtf! Don't manage my risk when the return is going back to the IRS.

I am a single mother or 3. My car is broke down and I have been counting on that money since January. This is wrong. I want to be a part of this class action suit. Please let me know how to be included. It's a scam. It's wrong and they are using the government and the innocent taxpayers to fraud. No one should ever use Turbo Tax again. I have always went through H&R and never had these problems. Thought I would save a few bucks doing it myself and now suffering the consequences. Any advice please comment. Thank you and TPG should have to give back the interest and fees they have collected on all the innocent people they took advantage of.

Original review: March 12, 2016

If you use Turbo Tax in the future prepay your filing fees. Otherwise, you'll encounter the Santa Barbara Group and that's when the trouble begins. In our experience with TPG, we received an email from Turbo Tax that our Federal refund would be deposited within 1-2 business days. When that didn't happen, I called Turbo Tax, the IRS, and they referred me to the bank that distributes the funds, which is TPG. After dozens of attempts to call and to be put on hold for hours, then I would be disconnected. I finally got a person to speak to and they said that my account was placed on hold because of too many attempts online to try to login. Apparently, you should not type a decimal point in your refund amount, which is not stated on their login screen. So to get my account off hold, I had to scan a copy of my driver's license to verify my identity. They assured me that my refund would be deposited within 7 business days. It was not.

I called again and was told that my drivers' license was not legible. I was upset that there was no form of communication to inform me of this. I said that I would scan my passport then and see how that comes out. She informed me that was fine, but said I would have to wait another seven business days to be verified. I did get my refund a few days after I scanned the passport, but it took over a month to get it. Please do no deduct your Turbo Tax fee from your refund. Pay for it another way. I learned the hard way.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Whenever filing taxes, I have always use TurboTax. Never had any problems till this year. Refund was rejected by bank. They asked for verification, no problem. Sent it on. They received it and all was ok. I had my address changed so that the check would not go to the wrong address. They resend the check out on 2-16-16. It is now 3-4-16, and still no check. I had to fill out a Indemnity Bond, so that they can reissue the check. They told me now I will have to wait for 72 hours till I get my money. I wouldn't mind waiting, but the bad part is I'M HOMELESS. All I want my refund. I agree with everyone on this site, SBBT sucks. Coming from an ex IRS customer service rep, they have a lot to learn. But at least they are not foreigners. I wish everyone the best of luck. I've learned a lesson. Going to free sites from now on. My customers are hating me for them being charged so much.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Like MANY of the posts I've read here SBBT or TPG held my refund for 3 weeks without letting me know they had it. TPG and Green Dot are one and the same as of 2014. I learned that through this experience. I tried to send my refund to my boyfriend's GD card not knowing that it would be rejected. Last year my tax preparer mistakenly sent my refund to his card while doing both our taxes and it went through with no problem. So this year when I misplaced my card and was online doing my own taxes I didn't hesitate to ask him to bring me his.

Ok when I found out it was rejected I called GD and asked them what would happen next. They said they'd hold it for 2 business days then it'd be returned to the IRS and they'd send me a paper check. For one GD knew TPG had my money then and didn't tell me to contact them. So I waited. After 2 weeks I checked the IRS website to see if it acknowledged that it'd been rejected and returned. It didn't. I called the 800 numbers given but they were only automated. I waited another week. I checked back on the IRS website and that time it still showed that my refund had been DD into my account but that if I hadn't received it to call a different 800 number so I did.

The guy at the IRS told me that in their system it was showing that my refund was accepted and that I'd received it via DD. He suggested I get in touch with my bank ASAP. I called GD. They said they had sent it back two days after it came and to call the IRS. I got upset. While I was on the phone with GD (for 45 mins) I was googling anything I could about what could've happened. Meanwhile I asked GD to tell me the exact name of the bank that they'd returned it to. They said it was just "the IRS bank." I argued that in their system it had to show a bank name and that I wanted that name so I could make contact with that bank. Again, "The IRS bank, Ma'am." I didn't know then why they wouldn't tell me.

I came across a forum while googling that told me about TPG and about other people who'd had similar experiences. While reading and talking I learned that TPG is who would have my money AND that TPG WAS GD. I asked the person on the phone about TPG. He said he'd never heard of it. I was very confused. I said, "That's not true Sir. TPG is GD and you'd know that. You'd also know that TPG has my refund. What I don't understand is why you aren't telling me that." He says again that he doesn't know what TPG is but he's becoming very short with me. I say, "Ok, well I'll tell you," and I start to read to him from the website about how TPG and GD came together in 2014 and where they are located and all that. He cuts in and says, "No Ma'am." I say, "Are you telling me that GD and TPG aren't the same company?" He says yes. I say, "So you are saying to me on a recorded line that GD is not TPG and TPG is not GD?" HE HANGS UP IN MY FACE.

When I FINALLY get in touch with TPG because it takes days and hours they give me all these excuses. Can't really tell me why they're holding my refund. Then after the third person I get a "It's being held on a special hold" for suspicious reasons. When asked why I was never notified they claimed they emailed me but I know and they know they didn't. After reading all these posts about the "interest scam" it ALL makes perfect sense. I understand why they rejected mine but they held it wrongly, didn't notify me intentionally, and collected interest. Can you imagine how much money they are making doing this to people?!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I will never go through Turbo Tax again since they choose to have Santa Barbara Bank "assist" them in the tax process. I call this a joke! After holding my tax money and not being able to get through to someone who has a brain or knows what is going on! I have tried to contact numerous times and told the same thing that my file has been put on hold for ID verification. Fine, whatever. I sent in the things you claim to have needed so let me have my tax money. I have had more than enough with these people.

I dealt with the IRS directly about a refund issue a few years back and made sure they were aware that I knew of the interest that they were to give me when holding my refund for over so many days. Needless to say when I let them know that I am not one to mess with I suddenly had my taxes the next day. Guess it's time I pull out the attitude for SBTG bank as well!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

Taxes get rejected for deposit on Netspend card. Not sure why, so eft deposit/funds was returned to SBTPG. They requested verification of id/drivers license/ passport, etc. which can be done electronically or by fax. Then you must wait 7 business days. They are hard to reach and unpleasant to speak with. It takes hours if not getting a busy signal, or call rejected, busy. They keep making excuses on releasing my tax refund. It has been 10 business days. They laughed at me and told me everyone needs their tax refund. They keep asking for more time. The IRS said they should have returned the funds to them within 3 business days if unable to process quickly. The bank seems unorganized and unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

IRS sent my tax return money to them because TurboTax uses them to manage their filing fees. They have had my money for over 3 weeks. The irs said this isn't normal and I should call them and see where my money is. After spending over 54 minutes on hold, they told me I need to sign up for an account and verify my information before they could release my money to me??? Sounds like a scam. They just hold peole's tax money until they complain to collect the interest on it.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

My deposit was supposed to be sent direct deposit 2/10/16 - apparently my checking account number was entered incorrectly (understandable). I called first thing Monday, February 15th. I was told I could upload my ID, verify my identity along with my husband's. I promptly did just that. YOUR WEBSITE STATED 2-4 BUSINESS DAYS!!! I called Wednesday the 17th, I was told it would be verified by Friday the 19th. Called Friday the 19th I was told it would be verified by Monday the 22nd. Now every time I am calling I am waiting 45 minutes just to get this BS answer. Then finally YESTERDAY I was told no it's 7 business days and will be verified for sure by Wednesday the 24th, and here I am having called twice today on hold 35 min each time it is still not verified. WHAT BS IS THIS? IT'S MY OWN MONEY FROM THE IRS THAT IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE! Do I need to get my attorney to call???

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

Horrible and worst experience of my life! They say your deposit has been rejected so they can hold on to your money and charge fees to send it via check! I was asked to upload my ID and the online website stated it would to 2 days! After two days I called and spoke with rep who stated to give it another day every single day I called! And everyday they told me to give it another day then suddenly changed the online wording to 7 days to verify ID! All of the reps were rude and had very little knowledge to what was going on! None of them seemed to even care that they were just holding my money!! Then after reading all the horrible reviews online I got really worried - spoke with two different supervisors who were not any help! Then finally spoke with a guy named Mathew who was able to get my hold released and check sent out that day! After two weeks of waiting! Will never use Turbo Tax ever again after my experience!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

They rarely answer the phone. When you call they are very untruthful. TurboTax and the Santa Barbara Bank & Trust have developed a scam to hold onto millions of tax payers dollars. Every TurboTax client that files a return bigger than $10,000 (this is their words) has to have the check held up for up to seven days as they verify who you are. Verification takes two minutes but they have 7 days to get back to you. This is a scam to hold onto free money and collect interest. This need to be investigated. They also stated that my bank rejected the deposit which I found to be untrue.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

Yes I see we all have the same problem with this bank, the real problem comes from dealing with Turbo tax and the Santa Barbara Bank. This bank is withholding my funds without my permission and without any legal authority. I did my taxes through Turbo tax, I used my refund to pay my filing fees and requested direct deposit. My state refund arrived on Feb 5 2016 and my Federal refund was set from the IRS on the 5th. My state refund was deposited as requested, so that tells me they have my routing number and account number and there is no excuse about having the wrong number.

When I called Turbo tax, they gave me the runaround, I messaged them 6 times and filed a complaint, I then filed a complaint with the Attorney's office and they then answered my question about my refund... They said to call Santa Barbara Bank, they have my refund. I called 8 times. Each time it was busy... They simply don't answer their phone. So they have kept my refund and refuse to send it to my bank. By the way, I called my bank several times and they never received the refund, so Santa Barbara is keeping it. Yes they are holding on to refunds to acquire the interest, and I am filing a criminal complaint against them with the Attorney General Office. To the gentleman filing the class action, yes, absolutely I will sign on as a class member... Let's take these people to court... I've got plenty of time and information.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

My direct deposit was rejected due to an error on the account number on 2/3, it's 2/18 and the IRS still does not have it because Santa Barbara Bank has not returned it yet. They were issued the refund on the 2nd, took their fees out, transferred it to my bank on the 3rd and due to the account error was immediately rejected bank to Santa Barbara - there is NO need to have held it this long other than to get interest on almost 7K. I've been on hold for 15 minutes and nothing - zero - just hold music. When I called and entered my SS # a recording told me that the $ was returned to them - um hello. So then why hasn't it been returned to the IRS??? I need my money just like everyone else.

Santa Barbara Bank & Trust Company Information