4.27/5
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings

11 Veterans United Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I received a preapproval letter and told that I was all set to find a home. After months of searching for a home, and paid for an inspection, the loan officer informed me that I need to show proof of bill paying. I was not informed that I needed to show checking account withdrawals for these payments. I have paperless accounts or use the option of paying at my local grocery store; therefore I could not show proof and for all of the payments. My landlord sent them a letter verifying that I am in good standing and amount paid as did the utility company. They claimed that was unacceptable and did not grant me the loan. I was mortified to have involved the realtor, the seller of the home and not to mention the time spent searching for a home, as well as the $374.00 that I am now at loss.

This company needs to be monitored on how they construct business. It is not right to lead people on and cost them money. Is this how we should treat our veterans? I suffered with an injury from the Vietnam War I did not need to suffer at the hands of some smart mouthed kid behind a desk! Please see that this does not happen to anyone else. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Veterans United showed me how to improve my credit score. I got my ducks in a row before getting the preapproval. The financing through the closing was actually easier than the move itself. I am not the most trusting person and this was our first house purchase. I've got to say I was impressed with how they handled the process.

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

They keep interest lower than standard loans. I like the application process and how easy it is and how quickly our issues are resolved. I love the no downpayment required and no PMI as well. It was transparent and open from the beginning. I loved the broker we worked with and don't regret anything. We asked a hundred questions and they always responded within a few minutes to our email or phone call.

Original review: June 27, 2018

This is a really reliable and trustworthy company to work with. I like them a lot. They are always very friendly and helpful. They take care of their veterans and work with you to give you the lowest rate possible and help you make your dreams come true of owning a home. I highly recommend Veterans United.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Veterans United worked with us to improve our credit. After our credit was increased to the needed level, we then moved forward with buying our home. Veterans United worked with us at each step. I was very pleased with their service. The customer service was outstanding. My wife and I had many, many questions and each person we talked to was eager to help us. We never had the impression that we were a burden or that they were not there to help us in any way they could. Our home buying experience was simply a pleasure. I would absolutely recommend Veterans United to anyone looking for a VA home loan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Veterans United?

Original review: June 24, 2018

Veterans United makes me feel like a supported member of the military with VU. They have treated me with kindness and recognition. Belonging to Veterans United makes me feel like my career means a great deal to the nation I help protect. Their customer support is remarkable. They have a great amount of patience and respect for those who use their service. I appreciate this the most when I have questions about their services or problems. They make me feel wanted. The process to get a home loan was somewhat simple, with very few problems. Although they could offer more services than they do, but that isn't much of a problem.

Original review: June 23, 2018

They have great customer service and called back very frequently to be sure my intent was genuine in addition to the additional screening and the added research. They were kind and forgiving, always there for me. Made me feel comfortable in the pursuit of the loan even though I had fear of not closing. Wished they closed sooner as they took longer than expected to close the loan. I had to wait and was not expecting the added delay. But all in all, I feel they were great.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I didn't think I would like the experience overall but it was not a pain. It was a little hectic but ok. They were quick and reliable. Some of the workers really cared. They treated me like a person and was fast.

Original review: June 16, 2018

They worked hard and did a great job. We got the best rates and I liked the streamlined process of the event. They helped me in any and every way. I love the people that work there and everything they represent. When people treat you good and show you that you care, you love the service even more. The wait time is kind of long on some things though. And being in the service and traveling around a lot didn't make the process even easier. We need to improve that aspect of the situation.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Everything is great. When I called they response quickly and help me to go thru the process on the phone. They have many options that I wanted to pick and I was happy about it. I'm grateful. They also offered free program or discounted with free care with medication discounted. They send me discounted ex card and insurance card in the email. I appreciate the calls too. The person was also friendly but they take too long to send me the paperwork and I disliked when they asked too much questions or asked question repeating. But it was good experience. They helped me thru the process.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Nothing but great to work with. They worked hard to approve my loan and made it as easy as they could make it. They also put me in contact with a realtor in the area where I was moving.

Veterans United expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This veteran-focused loan company only handles VA home loans. Their website has a lot of information about veterans loans and refinancing options, including calculators to help you estimate your monthly payments. Homefront Academy, available on their website, is a series of courses designed to help first-time home buyers through the process of buying a home.

• 100 percent focus on VA loans: The company only services VA home loans. This expertise means they’ll be able to answer all of your questions about VA loans and ensure you’re getting the best loan.

• 30- and 15-year fixed VA loans available: Choose the fixed rate VA loan option that works best for your home.

• Refinance your VA loan: This company offers VA streamline and VA cash-out refinancing, which can save you money if you’re looking to refinance your home.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Veterans United Company Information