4.44/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Veterans United

Looking for a mortgage lender?

101 Veterans United Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2019

After spending 26 years in the Marines deployed all over the world, I have come to realize that you need to have someone in your team who has your back so you can make it back home safe and sound. From the moment Matt ** called me from Veterans United Home Loans, I felt a sense of trust, honesty, esprit de corps and a true team player. He was very knowledgeable, informative and he allowed me to ask any question I had in my brain housing group (Marine term) and answered them where I was able to understand every step. He definitely made me feel confident that I was working with a great company who took pride on helping fellow veterans like myself. Helping us find our own safe haven so we can continue with our healing process after the war.

Matt also introduced me to Jake ** who was part of his team. They both kept me updated throughout the process making the loan acquisition process pretty smooth as it could be. In my humble opinion, Matt ** and his team are the best thing since slice bread and I feel honored and blessed they were part of the team to make this dream come true. I closed on my home last week without any issues. I truly appreciate Matt **, Jake ** and Veterans United Home Loans for their support, hard work and commitment to help this combat veteran find peace in his forever home close to family. Semper Fi!!!

Mario

United States Marine Corps

Original review: April 5, 2019

Called VU after seeing an ad on the internet, from the beginning the reps were always courteous. Their rep and I interviewed by phone to get me pre-qualified and pre approved after I got the needed documents uploaded to an account they had for me. Soon I met the next team member, the realtor. Emails back and forth to select homes to view created a nice list of choices. She was very helpful, courteous, and patient with me and wifey.

We found a house that we liked and placed a contract on it. We were contacted by the next team member for the financial portion of the process. The machine was making great progress until the weather put the builder behind schedule but all parties involved stayed on tasks as well as could be expected... then I was contacted to prepare to go to closing on our house. I was expecting high stress and long hours signing papers but surprisingly it was just the opposite. Thank you Veterans United. It was an impressive experience and you got me in a new home for my retirement years.

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My experience with Veterans United was nothing but amazing from start to finish. Getting started my credit wasn’t where it needed to be, but they had their own people that took care of that and guided me through the process of getting it fixed. Once my score was where it needed to be I was handed to my loan officer. He made sure I was good to go and approved for what I needed. The website was very user friendly and once I got my approval was even able to customize and print my own offer letters for submitting offers. I thought that was a very nice feature since I was able to customize it with the address of the house I was bidding on and the offer amount instead of having a generic letter that showed my max amount approved for.

Before going into the underwriting phase I was introduced to the specialist that would be guiding me through that step. He did very well in explaining what was to be expected and what I would need. All needed documents were listed in my “To do” lost and I was able to upload them right away. At the end of the day the underwriting process was smooth and not an issue at all! I got the house I wanted and even made settlement on time. My team was great and have already recommended them to several people including my real estate agent.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The reason we chose Veterans United initially was due to Darci **'s impeccable customer service, follow-up and the overwhelming number of VU positive reviews. From that point forward our team consisting of Ben **, Senior Loan Officer and Kat **, Transaction Coordinator immediately reached out to us to answer any questions. Our situation was that our apartment lease was ending in mid-April and our closing would require precise timing three months out. During the initial process I was dredging the paper process but to my surprise the cloud based technology website was outstanding. I simply uploaded the documents required in the To Do List; and then saw when those items were completed on VU end.

The whole process was a breeze, including a most friendly staff, always answering any concerns, returned emails, texts and phone calls extremely fast. Everything was always explained in terms that we could understand and never felt rushed. In the final stages, the closing date was held on the very day that we required. I would highly recommend Veterans United and especially Ben ** and his team if you want professionals that is knowledgeable, trustworthy and fun to do business with. Great Job!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had the distinct pleasure and honor of working with my Loan Officer Eric **, and my Transaction Coordinator, Desi **. From the initial contact and loan application, all the way through closing, I felt I was on a high speed, fast track, ultra efficient, path to home ownership. As a matter of fact, had it not been for a third party provided document that had a typo that needed to be redone and resubmitted, start to close would have been accomplished in 17 days. Nonetheless, my team was able to, I was told, tie the record for quickest successful completion just over 20 days. I was blown away with the professionalism, efficiency, determination, and process knowledge of both Eric and Desi.

I also have to mention the web portal for uploading and reviewing documents, showing the status of your process, what an amazing feature to make the entire process so streamlined and efficient. From phone calls, text messages, emails, and their constant attention to detail on the web portal, my team was THE most incredible team anyone could ask for, I am grateful and appreciative! I SALUTE my team and Veterans United for being there every step of the way as they promised, I'm proud to say I am a Veteran Home Owner because of Eric, Desi, and Veterans United!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Veterans United?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Nothing but the best is all I can say. My gf works for a loan office and agreed she would also recommend VU. They worked hard to get any issues resolved professionally and in a timely manner. They really know their jobs. I'm happy I used them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

The entire experience was fantastic from start to finish! Loree was always available to answer questions day and night, any day of the week! She eased all fears and made the entire process easy and quick! We have already closed and sent referrals her way! We will highly recommend her and Veterans United to our friends and family! And in the future we will use them again!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I don't think the home buying process could be any more better than going with Veterans United. The portal is very easy to use and makes paperwork a breeze. Buying a home can be stressful especially for the first time. Veterans United made my first home buying process a good experience. I would not go through anybody else when it comes to buying a house again. If you are looking for professionals who want to get you preapproved and happy all the way until the closing day then go with Veterans United. Andrew ** and his team are great.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

The loan officer, Billy **, was very rude throughout the whole transaction. When the seller and his agent asked questions, he would respond in a very rude and condescending way. Very unpleasant experience. I would not recommend working with this loan officer again.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I used Veterans United to purchase my home a few years ago. Molly and her team were great to work with and made the process easy. When I decided to take advantage of my homes equity I knew I would go through Veterans United to make it happen. I contacted Molly and just as before she was eager to help. Throughout the refinance my schedule was hectic but Molly and the team (big shoutout to Abbey!) were patient and never made me feel rushed to make a decision. Thanks again to Molly and her team for all the hard work.

Veterans United expert review by Michele Lerner

This veteran-focused loan company only handles VA home loans. Their website has a lot of information about veterans loans and refinancing options, including calculators to help you estimate your monthly payments. Homefront Academy, available on their website, is a series of courses designed to help first-time home buyers through the process of buying a home.

• 100 percent focus on VA loans: The company only services VA home loans. This expertise means they’ll be able to answer all of your questions about VA loans and ensure you’re getting the best loan.

• 30- and 15-year fixed VA loans available: Choose the fixed rate VA loan option that works best for your home.

• Refinance your VA loan: This company offers VA streamline and VA cash-out refinancing, which can save you money if you’re looking to refinance your home.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Veterans United Company Information