4.63/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Veterans United

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Veterans United Reviews

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

After living in an apartment for several years, I came across a Veterans United home loan ad while surfing the internet to pass the time. I decided to call them on a whim, not really expecting anything to come of fruition since my credit wasn’t exactly A1. After leaving a message, they contacted me within the hour and with a quick check of my status, informed me that I was definitely eligible for a substantial home loan at a great interest rate. From that point, the process was smooth and almost seamless. My loan officer Ryan was great and guided me through the process every step of the way in a very professional, personable, and efficient manner.

What I thought to be improbable turned out to be a fantastic reality. Thanks to Veterans United, my family and I now live in a beautiful home. My wife and kids were good sports living in that old apartment and now it is such a blessing to finally give them what they deserve. As a veteran, I can’t imagine doing business with any other home loan service. Thanks Veterans United for making it possible for me to live the American Dream!

Original review: May 8, 2019

After spending 26 years in the Marines deployed all over the world, I have come to realize that you need to have someone in your team who has your back so you can make it back home safe and sound. From the moment Matt ** called me from Veterans United Home Loans, I felt a sense of trust, honesty, esprit de corps and a true team player. He was very knowledgeable, informative and he allowed me to ask any question I had in my brain housing group (Marine term) and answered them where I was able to understand every step. He definitely made me feel confident that I was working with a great company who took pride on helping fellow veterans like myself. Helping us find our own safe haven so we can continue with our healing process after the war.

Matt also introduced me to Jake ** who was part of his team. They both kept me updated throughout the process making the loan acquisition process pretty smooth as it could be. In my humble opinion, Matt ** and his team are the best thing since slice bread and I feel honored and blessed they were part of the team to make this dream come true. I closed on my home last week without any issues. I truly appreciate Matt **, Jake ** and Veterans United Home Loans for their support, hard work and commitment to help this combat veteran find peace in his forever home close to family. Semper Fi!!!

Mario

United States Marine Corps

Get expert buying tips about VA Loan Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 3, 2019

My experience with Veterans United was nothing but amazing from start to finish. Getting started my credit wasn’t where it needed to be, but they had their own people that took care of that and guided me through the process of getting it fixed. Once my score was where it needed to be I was handed to my loan officer. He made sure I was good to go and approved for what I needed. The website was very user friendly and once I got my approval was even able to customize and print my own offer letters for submitting offers. I thought that was a very nice feature since I was able to customize it with the address of the house I was bidding on and the offer amount instead of having a generic letter that showed my max amount approved for.

Before going into the underwriting phase I was introduced to the specialist that would be guiding me through that step. He did very well in explaining what was to be expected and what I would need. All needed documents were listed in my “To do” lost and I was able to upload them right away. At the end of the day the underwriting process was smooth and not an issue at all! I got the house I wanted and even made settlement on time. My team was great and have already recommended them to several people including my real estate agent.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The reason we chose Veterans United initially was due to Darci **'s impeccable customer service, follow-up and the overwhelming number of VU positive reviews. From that point forward our team consisting of Ben **, Senior Loan Officer and Kat **, Transaction Coordinator immediately reached out to us to answer any questions. Our situation was that our apartment lease was ending in mid-April and our closing would require precise timing three months out. During the initial process I was dredging the paper process but to my surprise the cloud based technology website was outstanding. I simply uploaded the documents required in the To Do List; and then saw when those items were completed on VU end.

The whole process was a breeze, including a most friendly staff, always answering any concerns, returned emails, texts and phone calls extremely fast. Everything was always explained in terms that we could understand and never felt rushed. In the final stages, the closing date was held on the very day that we required. I would highly recommend Veterans United and especially Ben ** and his team if you want professionals that is knowledgeable, trustworthy and fun to do business with. Great Job!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had the distinct pleasure and honor of working with my Loan Officer Eric **, and my Transaction Coordinator, Desi **. From the initial contact and loan application, all the way through closing, I felt I was on a high speed, fast track, ultra efficient, path to home ownership. As a matter of fact, had it not been for a third party provided document that had a typo that needed to be redone and resubmitted, start to close would have been accomplished in 17 days. Nonetheless, my team was able to, I was told, tie the record for quickest successful completion just over 20 days. I was blown away with the professionalism, efficiency, determination, and process knowledge of both Eric and Desi.

I also have to mention the web portal for uploading and reviewing documents, showing the status of your process, what an amazing feature to make the entire process so streamlined and efficient. From phone calls, text messages, emails, and their constant attention to detail on the web portal, my team was THE most incredible team anyone could ask for, I am grateful and appreciative! I SALUTE my team and Veterans United for being there every step of the way as they promised, I'm proud to say I am a Veteran Home Owner because of Eric, Desi, and Veterans United!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Veterans United?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Thank you Veterans United and team for making my dream come true! You went above and beyond to make this as fast and as smooth as possible! I will recommend you to all my brothers and sisters in arms that I know and meet! Thank you!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I had an amazing experience with Veterans United. Grateful Veteran here. I would highly recommend them to my fellow Vets. They walked me through everything and helped make the the processes simpler. Thank you VU!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Mark and Lee were very knowledgeable and always had a positive attitude. They were able to work around my ever changing schedule while I was deployed and remained in contact with me throughout the entire process. Overall they were great and a pleasure to work with.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The entire home buying process was so smooth and painless. The team at Veterans United handled everything in a timely manner and communicated with very well, even after normal working hours. Very grateful to have done business with Veterans United.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I had been fearful of home buying for years, but thanks to my work with Veterans United, this was one of the most flawless endeavors I have ever been on. I had help every step of the way. The team made sure I never got lost in the bustle.

Veterans United expert review by Michele Lerner

This veteran-focused loan company only handles VA home loans. Their website has a lot of information about veterans loans and refinancing options, including calculators to help you estimate your monthly payments. Homefront Academy, available on their website, is a series of courses designed to help first-time home buyers through the process of buying a home.

• 100 percent focus on VA loans: The company only services VA home loans. This expertise means they’ll be able to answer all of your questions about VA loans and ensure you’re getting the best loan.

• 30- and 15-year fixed VA loans available: Choose the fixed rate VA loan option that works best for your home.

• Refinance your VA loan: This company offers VA streamline and VA cash-out refinancing, which can save you money if you’re looking to refinance your home.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Veterans United Company Information