2. Mortgages
  3. VA Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Veterans United Home Loans is a mortgage lender that specializes in Veterans Affairs loans. The lender secures home purchase financing for veterans, active-duty military and their spouses. Veterans United originates loans and serves customers all across the U.S.

Veterans United Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2020

I would definitely recommend Veterans United Home Loans. As a first-time home buyer, I had lots of questions and concerns with the home buying process. The team at Veterans United were courteous and efficient in their communications. When the first house I was considering purchasing fell through (seller decided to take it off the market due to COVID-19 and a low appraisal), Veterans United made it VERY easy to switch my file open and I was able to purchase a home in the same neighborhood!

Original review: May 6, 2020

Experience with Veterans United has been nothing but 1 big headache. Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing. They constantly asked for info that was doubled, no one knew what the other person was doing. I caught 2 of their employees in a lie. No return phone calls. No understanding of how "working from a union hall" is. In the end, I am going to lose a home, lots of money and going to be homeless with my kids. Good Job Veterans United!

Original review: April 19, 2020

Everything was done in a timely manner. The representatives at Veterans United were prompt in letting us know what they needed. They returned our calls immediately. Our closing was done 13 days before the first closing date was given to us. Even though we could not go to our closing because of the shelter in place for both states, everyone worked together and it was closed on the date scheduled. I would use Veterans United again without even checking another company.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I would absolutely recommend Veterans United Home Loans. They made the home-buying process so simple that even amongst this covid-19 pandemic we didn't have very many worries. Home buying made very simple.

Original review: April 18, 2020

From the first phone call to the day of closing, United Veterans offered the ultimate in guiding us through the process. Our loan specialist, Mark ** and his associate Abby, provided a list of everything that needed to be done or provided in the form of a detailed checklist. As each item was taken care of, it was checked off the list. Every question we asked was either answered immediately or if he was uncertain, he would research and call us back with an answer. We were treated with the utmost respect through the entire process. Actually, it seems we made a new friend with Mark! Thanks to United Veterans Home Loans for all that was done to ensure we are looking at a great future in our new home!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Veterans United?

Original review: April 9, 2020

If you're in the market for a mortgage loan, look no further, Veterans United will exceed all your expectations and make you feel like family not just another number. An incredible experience from the first phone call, all the way through to closing. Our loan team was courteous, professional, tenacious communicators, and extremely committed to expediting all requirements to ensure they met our closing date goal. Not only did they meet our requested closing date, they made it happen 10 days earlier and at an APR that no other company in the market could meet or beat! Total time from initial contact to sitting at the closing table signing for our new home was only 30 days!

Original review: April 4, 2020

This process has been so seamless and quick that I am still astonished on how quick it took me to apply and purchase my duplex. They all kept me so informed and reassured me every step of the way. The entire teams, including the agent they connected me with, was incredible and very knowledgeable! I would 1000% do it all over again and will continue to use VU for any future acquisitions. Anytime I text or called they were very quick to answer my question fully and ensured I understood everything.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I cannot speak highly enough of them or my loan officer, Titus. Phenomenal customer service and always kept me updated on the status of my home purchase. You will not be disappointed if you utilize their services, I promise you.

Original review: April 1, 2020

If you’re tired of lenders that are “there” when you initially apply and then, poof, become ghosts as you try to contact them throughout the loan process with questions or for additional information, then Veterans United is the lender for you. They stick with you from point A to Z, they are always courteous and professional from application to closing. Thank you for a stress free and friendly experience.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I am a first time home buyer and from the time I inquired with Veteran's United Home Loans, they were there to assist me in every way possible. They answered my questions and inquiries about everything I wanted to know and things I didn't even know. I am so thankful for Eric, Thadd and Erin for making it possible for me to buy my own home. I will be eternally grateful!! Thank you guys!

Veterans United Company Information