1.19/5

Looking for a loan company?

Monterey Financial Services

Looking for a loan company?

126 Monterey Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This company is horrible. This company of scammers should be shut down. To begin with the customer services really sucks. I have never encounter in my life a place with such horrible customer services that this company have. Second, I bought my dog around a year ago. I felt in the scam to LEASE a dog since it’s not my dog because I owe to this company. Third, I was never told that this company charges the 50% of interest over your dog. For example, the total amount for my dog were $3000 which I pay $500 in the pet store.

Surprisingly I found myself with an astronomical amount to pay in three years of $6000. Same amount of a regular use car in good conditions. I blamed both first the pet store bc they never explain me. Second these scammers bc it’s really hard to get in touch with them. Now be late in a payment and you will see how they will start call you immediately and get prepare bc you will be threaten to get report to the credit bureau which they do to repossess your dog since is NOT yours is property of the financial company. Like a car You don’t pay your car the bank can repossess your car. Well you don’t pay for your dog they can repossess too which is completely absurd.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If I could give no ratings I would. A year ago I was told I was financing my puppy and that I can pay him off early if anything, so I signed the contract for the amount of the price of the dog. After a few payments I wanted to pay him off with my taxes, but when I called they told me I'd have to pay an early cancellation fee of over $200 plus whatever is owed or continue making the monthly payments for the next 23 months. Then was told that they charge a fee for leasing the dog. I was never told any of this information at the time of purchase. So instead of paying $1600 for the puppy if I were to pay the full 23 months I'd be paying over $3,000 for the dog. The puppy place I purchased him from not only gave me not the full information but Monterey Financial is a complete scam and is just trying to get your money. Please don't ever sign anything with them.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Please beware of this company... I went to Breeders Club of America in Middletown NJ to buy a dog but the prices were very high so the lady offered me to finance the dog through my pet funding... I filled out the app online then after having the dog and making a couple payments I find out that I'm leasing a dog. I was told I was financing but I'm not dealing with My Pet Funding. It's actually Monterey Financial Services. And to top it off they don't let you see the contract until after you've signed it thinking you're financing the dog.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This is the worst company we have ever gotten a loan from. Over the years, my husband and I have had car loans, a business loan and house loan, and this company is by far the worst. They claimed that they would work with us when my husband lost his job. They told us that they would lower the payment amount, and then tack the remaining amount on at the end of the school loan. Plus interest and late fees (which is completely understandable). Then they decided not to do this, I don't why. And their computer kept calling everyday, putting us on hold for sometimes so long they didn't even answer.

But, when he finally was able to talk to a real person, my husband worked out a lower payment amount. Both he and they agreed to this amount. And yet they still are calling. A loan officer even called the day before the payment was due, accusing me of ignoring her attempts at contacting me. (This was the only call I received since the new arrangement, and I have had no other form of contact, no emails, no letters.) If I could put NEGATIVE stars for a rating I would. My advice is to get a loan ANYWHERE else.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I signed for financing but received a lease for more than the original amount of $2,660. Payments are $230 plus per month for 30 months. I filed with state Attorney General. This is a scam and they are very unreasonable. I don’t eat. I’m disabled and retired. I need a good attorney. Help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monterey Financial Services?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The loan I got from LoanHero was for zero interest for up to a year. It has not even been a year and Monterey Financial has been charging me interest from day one. Then there was a payment made for a little over $3,000 yet my balance due did not budge. I thought when one made a payment the balance due would go down.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

They bought my loan from Brilliance Credit. Brilliance originally told them I owed $2876.87. Brilliance then drafted another payment that has now been credited to my account. I made 2 payments to Monterey Financial, in the amounts of $490.00 and $1953.46. So here is the math: -$2876.89, $490.00, $490.00, $1953.46 - $49.14 overpayment due me. They are denying the true fact that they owe me money!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Received funds from a funding source that used this company for billing. Many times the website wouldn't allow one to make online payments or the only way to make payments was with a phone rep, and you are charged fees for this service. Do not set up autopay. They will mess with your payments! Most of the time you don't know what the additional fees are for, and monthly payments keep increasing. When asking for information, they only give you info that they want you to have. Will pressure you into making a payment by threatening collections, credit report reporting, and robocalls. Even the funding source is looking to change using this company because of similar complaints. Worst experience ever!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Our first loan was great with them. Our second however has been horrible. We had set up for recurring payments that did not happen. Then we received tons of called even at our work after we had gotten in contact and promised a payment. Our loan is 1000... And yet online it shows 1900. Nearly double the loan. Wow. Charges for everything. Being late, not going through, online payments, calling in payments, automatically payments cost extra. I haven't found a context in which they do not charge. Since the hassle now we cannot pay off in 90 days and no one has emailed or called me in my responses. I would like to pay my debt and be done. 1900 is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I financed a car repair with another company. I guess these people collect for and have had my payments on auto pay from the beginning, in October I called and asked how many payments were left since there was no communication during the whole year, I was told 1. When December came around there was a payment taken and I reported it to my bank, and I received a call from them stating I owed an additional payment and made an arrangement to have it paid by automatic draft. Well needless to say they didn't take the payment and then called to tell me that instead of the $95.00 I now owe $160.00 and the rude representative said if I don't pay it she's going to report it to the credit agencies as non payment. I told her they were scam artists and I had never missed a payment or been late and she started yelling at me so I hung up on her. I'm not paying them $160.00.

Monterey Financial Services Company Information