1.2/5 (148 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Monterey Financial Services

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Monterey Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monterey Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monterey Financial Services?

Original review: April 8, 2022

Don’t do business with them or Credova or anyone who uses Credova. Used a loan to purchase something for $350. Ended up paying $630. That’s how much they mark it up. I paid the loan within a month. Avoid these companies.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

On a popular sporting good site, I clicked on the "90-days, No Interest" banner. The loan was then sold to another company called Monterey Financial. Luckily, after browsing their website I found the "early buyout option" price listed, which was 180% higher than the total purchase price. I called them, learned I didn't receive the 90-day no interest deal, and I will need to purchase it outright for about $15 over what my total was...by the 30-day mark. Credova is an apparent scam.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

These people are horrible horrible horrible.... Stay far away. I signed up w/ Credova but my loan (yes, it's a loan despite what they call it) was then transferred to this horrible company who tacks on hundreds in fees for even an early by you... Shame on my for not reading the contract thoroughly enough, but shame on them for these deceptive business practices.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Start a process with the Credova company which sold the loan to this financing which are thieves. Doubled the amount from 1800 to 4950. Do not make any deal with these scammers, money thieves of one who gave me this bad time.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

BattleHawk offers financing through Cordova who sells your loan to Monterey Financial, Battlehawk should remove these finance companies from their website, these finance companies use unscrupulous tactics to rip you off and steal your money by the deceptive advertising practices. They offer 90 days same as cash, I was approved several months ago through a different Firearms dealer and paid off the gun before the 90 days. I went through the same Finance company both times, the second time I thought it was the same deal because on BattleHawk website it says 90 days same as cash, by the time I realized it was already too late and I ended up paying close to double for the gun in just over 30 days. Battlehawk should remove the deceptive advertising!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Do not finance anything merchandise through this company! Loan Sharks that will double the finance charge on your purchase! Read their loan agreement paperwork thoroughly! I originally bought a product through Credova, somehow Monterey slipped through the cracks and purchased the loan. Then put the item I purchased as double the price on my credit report. They will only give you 30 days to pay in full.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Well from experience that Credova is a lying company that sells accounts and when it states what the monthly payment be and then afterwards it balloons twice or triple an interest goes up. Im saying never use Credova or Monterey as these companies shouldn't be into financial on guns at all or say put not in business. I still have 3 checks out to Monterey Financial as they gave me a address to Seattle, as my bank put a stop hold on them checks and also in there for Monterey to contact my bank. Have they yet done so. No. But hell no.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

PLEASE! Do yourself a favor and NEVER use Credova Financing. I used them once to buy a $460,00 shot gun and paid about $100 for them letting me borrow the money. So after it was paid I decided to buy a Remington 308 bolt action rifle. So I used them again and I was charged over double the price with a balloon payment at the end. WTF? Is this even legal? I always try and read their terms. but when it comes to your phone it is kind of hard to read everything. I guess I will blame myself for that but them charging me over double the price is downright a snake move. I'M here to just let you know and learn from my mistakes. They deserve NO stars. I would get better rates from the Mafia.... Please BOYCOTT this Company.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I was reading the reviews for MFS and though since I have completed 3 contracts and about to do a 4th with them via Credova, that I would give my two cents. First of all, Yes the agreed upon interest rate is very high but if our credit was sparkling we would put the purchase on that platinum MasterCard right?! All of my contracts have been under the premise of 90 days same as cash. I have had every intention of paying before day 90 and have done so each time with the exception of contract #3 which was canceled due to shipper issues. I have found Monterey Financial Services to be upfront and forthright on every occasion. So to summarize, if you don't want to pay a lot of interest - pay within the 90 day window if it's offered. If not, expect to pay what you agreed to.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

So husband bought a gun and used Credova but then loan was sold to Monterey Financial Services. I manage our bills so one night I checked the payment history to see the remaining balance only to find out that I have been only paying for the interest for $122/month and the loan outstanding balance is $941. I paid over $800 now not knowing it wasn't reducing the principal at all. This is the only company I've known that they will charge you 3 times the initial loan amount for the interest rate and of course won't let you go easy by making a lump sum payment on the outstanding balance because they charge you like years worth of interest plus a lot of whatsoever fees. DEFINITELY AVOID USING CREDOVA.

Monterey Financial Services Company Information