1.19/5

Looking for a loan company?

Monterey Financial Services

Looking for a loan company?

126 Monterey Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I applied for this loan through a mall in Colorado to get a puppy. The loan was for $3,400. (Yes, very expensive for a dog but we really wanted a Golden Retriever) Anyway, we paid $50 for a first month payment upfront and then $263 a month. I called 2 months later to pay off the puppy and they wanted $3,600 to finish my lease. I guess a part of the contract we didn’t see if you pay $550 for an early buyout on top of what you already owe. I told them then I should only owe around $3,300. I was told I owed $3,600 because only $104 of the $263 monthly payment went to the principal and then $159 to interest! This is absolutely insane and nowhere in the contract was that stated. This company is impossibly hard to work with and all they are looking out for is themselves and money.

I would never recommend them to anyone. I really can’t believe that we paid $300 upfront because of taxes for the puppy brought her to $3,600 and we only got approved for $3,400 plus food, etc. Then we have paid $576 in payments and now they want another $3,600! I have never hated a company so much. The biggest scam I have yet to see.

Original review: May 21, 2019

So I went to this rejuvenating Lazer Treatment place on Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA, for a quote on having the lines around my eyes and forehead disappear. The people were Super friendly and I was offered a “supposedly” good deal package and easy financing. I signed up and got the treatment twice! After 3 months, my lines were visible as before and when I contacted this Company, I was told that they couldn’t do anything about it and that I had to finish paying them because there was a contract. I regret having gone to that place for treatment because it has been 2 years and I’m still paying $2800 for something that only lasted 3 months. A complete scam! We need to report this!

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I set up monthly payments on the 15th of each month where they auto withdraw from my account. They draw before the bank opens so it is impossible to get $ in the account on that day, then they charge nsf fees, then you go to call them to make the payment and you wait for the next available representative... Well, there is none. After waiting, they tell you to leave a message or hang up... Then they auto hang up on you. But they say your call is important to them; that is infuriating! The website says it takes 2 days to post a payment, so there will now be late fees, and they tack on a fee for making a payment on their website. No customer service, they will milk you for all they can. In my experiences with other financial institutions, auto withdrawals are done the night of the scheduled payment, not the early morning of. I cannot be finished with them soon enough!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Back in December I went to The Dog House in South Windsor and ended up applying for what I thought was "My Pet Funding" which ultimately ended up being Monterey. Long story short, ended up with a sick puppy Guardia. After being treated by my vet, the puppy was still sick. Took her back to the pet store and she ended up being there for over a month. Now Monterey is trying to collect over $3K, for a puppy that was brought back in January. That amount is double what she would have cost and now call me several times a day, call my place of employment and have reported to credit bureaus. WARNING STAY AWAY FROM MONTEREY FINANCIAL. Still fighting it 4 months later! Do they really think I'm going to pay almost $4K for a puppy I haven't had since January? Wish I had done my homework.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I need help: I'm sorry to say we fell into this pet leasing scam Sunday 4/7/2019 from Pet City off 45 north and FM 1960. We were looking to buy a French bulldog and we found a beautiful girl we fell in love with. Of course we didn't have the $4250 for the puppy, so the sales associate suggested financing and we agreed but at the end we never seen the contract until the deal was completed and emailed to me. We open the email today 4/8/19 and after reading it we were disgusted to find out were leasing our French bulldog with a option to buy at the end of the 30 payments. To top off things we notice today after returning from work that our puppy had an incision on the side of her belly with fresh stitches and we were never disclosed that she had any surgeries, and medical conditions that needed her to be cut.

I'm not an expert but from reading about this incision it looks like our baby girl puppy may have been spayed. We were never disclosed this information and I'm sure (My Pet Funding) & (Monterrey Financial) doesn't know anything about the puppy having stitches or incisions. Why would we buy a puppy to add to our family and pay over $9000 and she can't even have a chance to have babies later in the future. We feel like we have been deceived with the whole leasing process and especially being sold a puppy that have had a surgery already and not disclosing this. We're almost positive this cut and stitches are from being spaded. I need your help please... My name is Anthony ** my number is ** please help.

Part 2... I spoke to the leasing company and they said they don't do business like this and that the medical procedure should have been disclosed, I read thru all our paperwork and looked at the medical record we was provided and nothing says anything about a surgery, I went in person to Pet City and the saleswoman named Heather that helped us Sunday said she apologize that she didn't tell us the puppy had a hernia repair/replacement and I asked for manager and he came out and said nothing he can do for me. It's no refunds.

I explained to him I was never told of her medical procedure. He apologized also, he said, "Should be on your paperwork." He pulled his copies out and said, "Oh sorry must been a computer error." I even went to the extent of telling him the 1400 down payment I put up just refund me 1100 and keep 300 for a restocking fee. He said no. I refuse to be taken advantage of. Please Emily I really really need your help!!!! I don't want to spend more money on a lawyer, this is deception on their part, I just want a refund and want to be let out of my stupid lease agreement... My number is **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monterey Financial Services?

Original review: April 9, 2019

My wife and I signed up for the Go Pro Coaching Service and the first few months were great. We found the service difficult to use after our first coaching sessions expired as we had to call in to schedule the company to call us back when they were available to set up a coaching call. We were unable to be available and thus stopped using the service. When I reached out to the coaches after making over a year's worth of payments to inquire if they had courses based on Facebook marketing to help us build our business, the answer was no. I then called Monterey Financial to cancel the agreement only to be "reminded" that there is NO cancellation. Which means I'd have to pay another 8 months for a service we don't even use. I'd estimate we found this useful for 3 months and pay thousands over 24 months. What a complete waste of money!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I would leave negative 1 star if I could. Paperwork stated 25% interest rate... I would never agree to 90% interest rate (who would). Also when I used a company that went through them for $1,500 dollar loan and they shot it up to 3.500 that is so messed up. How is this even legal when the paperwork has different amounts than what you're charging. They have taken my payment late four of the six months I have paid. They tried saying my bank rejected the payments. I called my bank to see if they have even tried to process the payments on the days they said they did. The bank told me, "No transactions have been made on those dates." Their fees never stay the same and they are tacking them on to everything. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY THAT ASSOCIATES WITH THEM. THEY ONLY WANT TO SCREW YOU OUT OF MORE MONEY!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'm an international customer of Monterey Financial Services. I'm paying off a loan with Worldwide Travel Experts. I've set up monthly direct debit for MFS to take money from my account, but they don't take the money and then send emails telling me my payment are overdue and then they charge a late payment fee. The money sits in my account for them to take but they don't take it. It's definitely not a problem with my card or my bank here in Australia as Monterey Financial Services have already taken money prior to setting up direct debit. Given the Sydney/California time difference, it's hard to make phone calls to them and no matter how many times I tell them the money is there, they don't take it. I can't have money sitting in my account exclusively for them, that's my everyday expenses/living account that I used all the time. I no want the Worldwide Travel Experts membership as dealing with MFS has caused a lot of stress and panic.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We got a loan for 1200 for a dog which we agreed to but then all of a sudden it upped to 2400 dollars, nothing we were ever told about. They won't work with you. We weren't the ones that signed the contract they showed us. We signed something different. And when I asked for a copy it was all electronic, it's not even a real signature. We were approved and signed something saying we got a loan for 1200 and payments of 190 until it was done and then after 1400 I realized the payments were not stopping and that's when I was told our loan went up. Why would I be okay paying double on a loan than what I was approved.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The customer service reps can be extremely rude. I had one ask me how I planned to catch up on payments and what I was doing to improve my income - like it was any of her business! This kind of aggressiveness is aggravating to have to deal with!!! I'm financing a school loan, I don't make a lot of money yet but they have very little compassion for you. I'm sorry I have to deal with them. They're vultures.

Monterey Financial Services Company Information