2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Mepco is a servicer of payment plans related to vehicle service contracts. However, Mepco has no involvement in the development, marketing, sale, claims processing activities, or other administration of these vehicle service contracts, and Mepco does not engage in any form of telemarketing. Mepco's sole role is that of the servicer of the payment plan related to the vehicle service contract, sending bills and collecting payments, and is not the seller or administrator of the vehicle service contract. Customers would need to contact their sales agent, dealership or service contract administrator's offices directly for any information regarding discrepancies with product representation, service reimbursement, cancellations, reinstatement's, refunds, or any other vehicle service contract related issues.

Mepco Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently bought an extended warranty from this company after receiving numerous letters from them. I have a BMW 3 series that had been running perfectly fine but I have had my share of paying cash for my repairs in the past. Being that the warranty coverage included ENGINE, ELECTRICAL as well as Transmission I considered buying the policy. Long story short, I have had coverage for 2 months now and recently had to take my BMW to the dealership for repairs. I became aware that I needed a particulate filter, some other filter, catalytic converter issue and a part that needed to be replaced. NOTHING was covered under the warranty. I called to cancel the warranty and the call immediately turned into a nightmare.

Jessica the so called supervisor was extremely rude and wouldn’t even let me talk to let her know my concerns before she cut me off to basically tell me that if I’m unaware of what my policy covers it’s not their fault because they wouldn’t have sold me a warranty without explaining the guidelines to me. I was took back immediately with her tone as well as her lack of empathy. She was not helpful at all and became even more irrational once I told her to just cancel my policy. She hung up on me 4 times and even called me to tell me she refused my cancellation letter that I emailed. I happened to speak with 2 nice and understanding gentlemen after her and one of the men actually sent me a email copy of my policy as well as explained in details what steps I needed to take to cancel my coverage. Overall MEPCO’s coverage SUCKS! I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this company. Poor coverage and poor customer service from Jessica!

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. However, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address any questions or concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

As far as Mepco goes they were fine to deal with until you sell your car and need to cancel. You're automatically transferred through their automated message. When I got on the phone with Protek they must only have one CS agent working there because Debra answers the phone all the time. She told me I needed to send a Bill of Sale to their St Petersburg address in which I did then I see another monthly charge. So I called back and yep got Debra. I told her I already sent in and to stop charging me the monthly amt of $111.00 and her comment was, "Well ya better send it in again or we are going to keep charging you". I asked for an email and then a supervisor and Debra said a supervisor didn't have time to talk to me because they were busy helping customers. What kind of customer service is this. If I could I would give a neg ----10. Choose someone another company!!!!!

Mepco response

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

My problem "is" with Mepco. Wanted to continue with paper billing, and told them so, well, no billing stmt. came in. Called again. I was then late and worried, even though the more I read, not too sure about these people. Finally, spoke with a Nick ** at Mepco and was assured that my Oct. was taken care of. Thought that Mepco covered it. When my bill arrived for Nov. (yes, I am back on paper billing, as requested), my Oct bill wasn't taken care of, as stated, it was "deferred". Never heard that said by Nick **, because I even asked, if it was paid, and he said, "It's been taken care of." NOT TRUE. Check that tape that they say is recorded. The date 11-4-19, at 1:49pm with Nick **. Enough Said. *Understand, new company is taking over, hoping for the "better". K**

Mepco response

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I cancelled my extended warranty coverage with Mepco because I no longer own my 2008 Honda Pilot. I gave it to my mother. He asked me would my mom need the coverage and I told him no. He then got upset and said my policy is cancelled which was two weeks ago. I checked my mail today and there is a bill for $116.29 with 16 number of payments remaining. Why would you expect me to pay for an extended warranty plan when I no longer own the vehicle. This has to be illegal as heck! Can someone please direct me as to what need to do for this is ridiculous. MEPCO is STRAIGHT GARBAGE! DO NOT GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY WITH THIS COMPANY!

Mepco response

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Very disappointed with buying the insurance coverage from this company because my first claim the coverage was lacking to say the least. They covered only $90/hour for labor when most dealers and auto mechanics charge anywhere from $120 to $165 per hour. On my last repair I spent over $600 plus the $100 deductible out of pocket for a repair. So much for no cost or worry free maintenance. Also, They promised bumper to bumper warranty but when I called them about my engine light stemming from the Catalytic converter. MEPCO denied the coverage because they said this was NOT!!! Covered under their warranty. What a rip off!!! Definitely recommend all to stay away from this company. Car repair insurance warranty NOT worth buying.

Mepco response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

This is shame. They ripping people off left and right and I just file complain with attorney general office. This needs to stop before they scam more people. They don't cover anything or find way to not cover major components. Also they will charge your card even if you cancel. Don't understand how they been allowed to practice this scam for so long without anyone reporting it to attorney general office so they can investigate and start federal investigations. This will end badly for those scammers soon.

Mepco response

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Ad states coverages in large capital letters: ENGINE! TRANSMISSION! ELECTRICAL! Pretty simple, but that's not the reality. Reality is it only covers certain parts. A reasonable consumer purchasing MEPCO's warranty would assume that if engine, transmission or electrical issues arise they are covered. Nope. Only certain parts are covered. Total rip off. And, impossible to speak to anyone there. "I'll connect you to Adjustor" operator says. It goes to voicemail. They don't even give you adjustor's name. Adjustor never calls back. This is all a scam.

Mepco response

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased a policy with Mepco through Endurance warranty services. I have had this policy two years. My vehicle recently started having transmission problems and they are refusing to cover my vehicle because per them I have a Lyft and Uber sticker in my window. I have never been told this was a problem. They recently came out and inspected my vehicle and approved a claim to fix the AC. But now they are refusing to fix my vehicle. I paid for third policy for 2 years and I need my vehicle fixed. This is not okay. They refuse to let me speak to a supervisor or someone in management.

Mepco response

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought an extended warranty from AutoNation, and I was suspicious about their reputation as there was a lot of negative reviews. I thought I wanted to research more about it before buying a warranty. Mepco promptly refunded all my money. Thank you for it. I do advise that their website should be a secured one and they should not use AutoNation logo if they are not a company of AutoNation.

Mepco response
      Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco and AutoNation. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. We will contact management to advise of these issues.

Please contact our Customer Service with any other concerns at (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I called Mepco and was on the phone 33 minutes attempting to cancel my supplemental car insurance which costs me $286 a month. I made it clear I could no longer afford the insurance that I lost income due to my husband dying and being out of work due to surgery. The one gentleman had the nerve to tell me to not make an emotional decision. I literally stated over 100 times to cancel my insurance. I have video evidence of the phone conversation. The person I spoke to the longest was Shane **. I chose the option to cancel but after about 30 minutes of him trying to tell me how I needed to keep my insurance he then said that he can’t cancel my insurance. He stated that someone would could call the next day to cancel my policy.

Someone did call the next day but they again trying to tell me I needed to keep this insurance. I also tried to cancel via their website following their instructions. The website stated my message went through but they continue to refuse to cancel my policy. This has been a terrible experience for me. I have to sell my house and move. I need to cut expenses. This has to be illegal. My billing/account number is **. Mepco if you’re reading this cancel my account now.

Mepco Company Information