1.14/5

Looking for a loan company?

Mepco

Mepco is a servicer of payment plans related to vehicle service contracts. However, Mepco has no involvement in the development, marketing, sale, claims processing activities, or other administration of these vehicle service contracts, and Mepco does not engage in any form of telemarketing. Mepco's sole role is that of the servicer of the payment plan related to the vehicle service contract, sending bills and collecting payments, and is not the seller or administrator of the vehicle service contract. Customers would need to contact their sales agent, dealership or service contract administrator's offices directly for any information regarding discrepancies with product representation, service reimbursement, cancellations, reinstatement's, refunds, or any other vehicle service contract related issues.

Looking for a loan company?

Mepco Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

This is shame. They ripping people off left and right and I just file complain with attorney general office. This needs to stop before they scam more people. They don't cover anything or find way to not cover major components. Also they will charge your card even if you cancel. Don't understand how they been allowed to practice this scam for so long without anyone reporting it to attorney general office so they can investigate and start federal investigations. This will end badly for those scammers soon.

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. However, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address any questions or concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Ad states coverages in large capital letters: ENGINE! TRANSMISSION! ELECTRICAL! Pretty simple, but that's not the reality. Reality is it only covers certain parts. A reasonable consumer purchasing MEPCO's warranty would assume that if engine, transmission or electrical issues arise they are covered. Nope. Only certain parts are covered. Total rip off. And, impossible to speak to anyone there. "I'll connect you to Adjustor" operator says. It goes to voicemail. They don't even give you adjustor's name. Adjustor never calls back. This is all a scam.

Mepco response

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased a policy with Mepco through Endurance warranty services. I have had this policy two years. My vehicle recently started having transmission problems and they are refusing to cover my vehicle because per them I have a Lyft and Uber sticker in my window. I have never been told this was a problem. They recently came out and inspected my vehicle and approved a claim to fix the AC. But now they are refusing to fix my vehicle. I paid for third policy for 2 years and I need my vehicle fixed. This is not okay. They refuse to let me speak to a supervisor or someone in management.

Mepco response

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought an extended warranty from AutoNation, and I was suspicious about their reputation as there was a lot of negative reviews. I thought I wanted to research more about it before buying a warranty. Mepco promptly refunded all my money. Thank you for it. I do advise that their website should be a secured one and they should not use AutoNation logo if they are not a company of AutoNation.

Mepco response
      Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco and AutoNation. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. We will contact management to advise of these issues.

Please contact our Customer Service with any other concerns at (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I called Mepco and was on the phone 33 minutes attempting to cancel my supplemental car insurance which costs me $286 a month. I made it clear I could no longer afford the insurance that I lost income due to my husband dying and being out of work due to surgery. The one gentleman had the nerve to tell me to not make an emotional decision. I literally stated over 100 times to cancel my insurance. I have video evidence of the phone conversation. The person I spoke to the longest was Shane **. I chose the option to cancel but after about 30 minutes of him trying to tell me how I needed to keep my insurance he then said that he can’t cancel my insurance. He stated that someone would could call the next day to cancel my policy.

Someone did call the next day but they again trying to tell me I needed to keep this insurance. I also tried to cancel via their website following their instructions. The website stated my message went through but they continue to refuse to cancel my policy. This has been a terrible experience for me. I have to sell my house and move. I need to cut expenses. This has to be illegal. My billing/account number is **. Mepco if you’re reading this cancel my account now.

Mepco response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?

Original review: May 19, 2019

Despite closing my credit card account and being reissued a new # after realizing what they were selling was not insurance, I immediately cancelled. Well, now disguised with the other name “Mepco” they’ve attempted to take another $200 from the new card that I had never given them any information. At first Capital One said that would keep this from recurring but now admit merchant may call and get updated information!

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. However, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address any questions or concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Told the operator that we didn't need a policy and for some reason they auto billed bank account. Will see you in court to retrieve all monies stolen from account plus any damages also and a phone call to local BBB.

Mepco response

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I changed my mind about needing the policy. The company refused to honor their free cancellation within the specified time limit promise. BUYER BEWARE... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE MONEY FROM YOU.

Mepco response

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Still paying for a warranty even though I cancelled several months ago after they refused to cover a transmission that went out claiming that transmissions don't just go out. Apparently, they know more than the mechanic. Refused to cover it so now I have a car I cannot use.

Mepco response

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I decided to purchase a warranty from Protect my Car in which MEPCO is in charge of the billing because they are the ones taking money from my account. My bill was due on the 15th of each month and was being debited from my account. Everything was ok for the first month or so. I decided to set up an online account and I noticed that there was an option to cancel direct debit and have the bill mailed to me so I could pay thru check or money order. So I did this around the 2nd week of September. I received the bill for Sept. that same week. On the 25th of Sept, I received a late notice saying that I owed 83.99. Also on the notice it stated that if my payment wasn't received by 10/15/2017, my contract would be cancelled.

So how is MEPCO going to debit my account, (unauthorized) not only for 83.99 but an additional 79.99 on Saturday, Oct.14? They have totally messed up my other bills. This is the exact reason that I didn't want the direct debit. I tried to go online and all of a sudden my password doesn't work. I am so angry! I'm pretty sure that will get the runaround tomorrow when I call. I am cancelling immediately and will never do business with or recommend them to anyone. This was so wrong on so many levels!

Mepco Company Information