1.1/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Mepco

Mepco is a servicer of payment plans related to vehicle service contracts. However, Mepco has no involvement in the development, marketing, sale, claims processing activities, or other administration of these vehicle service contracts, and Mepco does not engage in any form of telemarketing. Mepco's sole role is that of the servicer of the payment plan related to the vehicle service contract, sending bills and collecting payments, and is not the seller or administrator of the vehicle service contract. Customers would need to contact their sales agent, dealership or service contract administrator's offices directly for any information regarding discrepancies with product representation, service reimbursement, cancellations, reinstatement's, refunds, or any other vehicle service contract related issues.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Mepco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?

Original review: May 27, 2022

They are thieves. We cancelled the same day as we agreed. They have been charging our credit cards and ignoring our cancellation. Stay away! Stay away! Crooks! Crooks! Crooks! Do not trust these people. Do not give them your credit card!

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. However, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address any questions or concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

This is the worst scam. I've called the "Customer Service" number many times. No one ever answers. You can only leave your name and number with an "Answering Service." Most of the time you don't get a call back. I have called many times and left messages, but they don't call back. When I did get a call back ONCE, I told them I wanted to cancel. The person on the phone kept reading a script explaining to me how the warranty works. I told them repeatedly that I wasn't interested in how it works, but want to cancel. They never stopped talking and refused to listen to my request to cancel. Finally they hung up on me. I cannot find a way to cancel. I'll protest the charge with my credit card company. Do NOT deal with these people. You will never get any "Service" from them.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

On December 10th, 2021, a MEPCO telemarketer ignored the phone system we pay to stop telemarketers from contacting our elderly mother who is in the early stages of dementia. The scammer confused her into believing she had to give out her credit card information. They then charged her card $295, which alerted us to the suspicious charge. We denied the charge along with 2 other charges that MEPCO submitted. We also cancelled the card. My mother is now receiving bi-weekly calls harassing her to make these payments. She has also received a bill in the mail. We have tried contacting a representative using the number(s) provided and after sitting through Hell-hold, an automated system said no one is available to take our call. This needs to stop! Harassing, abusing, and defrauding seniors is illegal!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

They don't keep any of the 44 pages contract. It's all about money, not customers satisfaction. They will not even cover for an oil change. False promises just to make money on people. They need to be stopped.

Mepco response

Original review: July 13, 2021

This company will not honor their contractual agreement. They will send you back and forth from Complete Auto Car to Matrix Customer Service. They will even go as far as giving you an email address and a mailing address. But they will never respond, as you can see by the many canned email responses to reviews. Please stay clear of this company.

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide great customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address your concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com

Original review: April 19, 2021

This is a complete scam. They pretend to come from the official car warranty service from the maker which they aren't. DO NOT trust anything they say. They intentionally keep delaying all the documentation process including sending the document by slow mail so that they can take the first downpayment. All the words they say was not trustable; they changed their words in every situation. If you unintentionally joined their service, ignore all the words they tell you which are mostly lies, and just have them send the cancellation form. I once again emphasize: NEVER NEVER USE THIS SERVICE.

Mepco response

Original review: March 20, 2021

This company is a scam. I did not have any agreement with Vehicle Protection Center. But this company keeps sending me bills of the vehicle insurance. I received a scam postcard just after I purchased a new car. It has my name, address and car model, all are correct. It looks like the postcard coming from my dealer. A eager head aside the stamp makes it related to the government. It said that my car will be de-active on road soon if I don't call before the deadline **. I called the number, they asked all my information, address, email address, phone number, SSN, and credit card. It charged my credit card with $349 immediately which it is very strange for me. I did not received any email about the policy detail or hard copy mail after they promise.

I called my dealer and I found that I got attacked by scammer. So I cancel my credit card soon. Then I received bills from MEPCO, and I had mailed a letter asking canceling the contract, no agreement with the contract, and also mailed to the Vehicle Protection center. But MEPCO still keeps sending me bills without answering email or mail.

Mepco response

Original review: March 15, 2021

I pay my payments monthly to Mepco, now I need them. They will not answer their phone. I need to know if this company is a "SCAM"! I have called them about 40 times still no answer. I want my money back.

Mepco response

Original review: March 3, 2021

Updated on 03/13/2021: Mepco keeps sending me bills in this scam. And they do not respond tp private messages. Next step is the police. Why is it that Mepco does not respond?! Too large profit from this criminal activity? Delete my name and account, NOW!!!

Original Review: They are connected to a so called road service that I have been trying to cancel, as the seller has not had a contract with the road service provider since before I signed the contract. Phone number I called is now for telemarketing of various suspect schemes. Knock it off Mepco! The subscription is cancelled, and Amex has taken this as fraud!

Mepco response

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

This company is the worst. I paid 100 down to start my policy then when I decided to cancel it back in August 2020 I called MEPCO billing and was told that since I had not made a payment that it would be ok to cancel without making a payment but would have to speak to the guy who I initially started the warranty with. His name was Tony, Tony told me that I had to make a payment of 133 in order to cancel my warranty. I argued with him. Told him what the lady told me. He then said that she would be fired for telling me and that I had to make a payment so I made the payment and got a conformation number and was told by Tony to ignore the next two statements. But I want to make sure it's canceled so I call and get the run around. Today makes my 2nd attempt to get this resolved. Don't know who to turn to want I won't give anymore money to them and if I can want my 133 reimbursed back to me. This company is NOT GOOD. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Mepco Company Information