2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Mepco is a servicer of payment plans related to vehicle service contracts. However, Mepco has no involvement in the development, marketing, sale, claims processing activities, or other administration of these vehicle service contracts, and Mepco does not engage in any form of telemarketing. Mepco's sole role is that of the servicer of the payment plan related to the vehicle service contract, sending bills and collecting payments, and is not the seller or administrator of the vehicle service contract. Customers would need to contact their sales agent, dealership or service contract administrator's offices directly for any information regarding discrepancies with product representation, service reimbursement, cancellations, reinstatement's, refunds, or any other vehicle service contract related issues.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Mepco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mepco?

Original review: March 20, 2021

This company is a scam. I did not have any agreement with Vehicle Protection Center. But this company keeps sending me bills of the vehicle insurance. I received a scam postcard just after I purchased a new car. It has my name, address and car model, all are correct. It looks like the postcard coming from my dealer. A eager head aside the stamp makes it related to the government. It said that my car will be de-active on road soon if I don't call before the deadline **. I called the number, they asked all my information, address, email address, phone number, SSN, and credit card. It charged my credit card with $349 immediately which it is very strange for me. I did not received any email about the policy detail or hard copy mail after they promise.

I called my dealer and I found that I got attacked by scammer. So I cancel my credit card soon. Then I received bills from MEPCO, and I had mailed a letter asking canceling the contract, no agreement with the contract, and also mailed to the Vehicle Protection center. But MEPCO still keeps sending me bills without answering email or mail.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I pay my payments monthly to Mepco, now I need them. They will not answer their phone. I need to know if this company is a "SCAM"! I have called them about 40 times still no answer. I want my money back.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Updated on 03/13/2021: Mepco keeps sending me bills in this scam. And they do not respond tp private messages. Next step is the police. Why is it that Mepco does not respond?! Too large profit from this criminal activity? Delete my name and account, NOW!!!

Original Review: They are connected to a so called road service that I have been trying to cancel, as the seller has not had a contract with the road service provider since before I signed the contract. Phone number I called is now for telemarketing of various suspect schemes. Knock it off Mepco! The subscription is cancelled, and Amex has taken this as fraud!

Mepco response

Thank you for submitting your concerns regarding Mepco. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and appreciate the opportunity to address this issue. Please understand Mepco is only the servicer of payment plans for providers of vehicle service contracts. However, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to be able to address any questions or concerns. Please contact our Customer Service department (800) 397-6767 Monday – Friday from 8A–5P CST or by email at Requests@Mepco.com

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

This company is the worst. I paid 100 down to start my policy then when I decided to cancel it back in August 2020 I called MEPCO billing and was told that since I had not made a payment that it would be ok to cancel without making a payment but would have to speak to the guy who I initially started the warranty with. His name was Tony, Tony told me that I had to make a payment of 133 in order to cancel my warranty. I argued with him. Told him what the lady told me. He then said that she would be fired for telling me and that I had to make a payment so I made the payment and got a conformation number and was told by Tony to ignore the next two statements. But I want to make sure it's canceled so I call and get the run around. Today makes my 2nd attempt to get this resolved. Don't know who to turn to want I won't give anymore money to them and if I can want my 133 reimbursed back to me. This company is NOT GOOD. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Mepco response

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I was contacted on my cell phone offering me a car warranty for a van I had purchased. I thought it was from the dealer. I said ok as they had mentioned it would be 3 payments of approx $145.00. I gave a down payment of $195.00 and waited for the paperwork. I received the Auto Protection Policy effective 7/14/20. My wife read the policy and it was not 3 payments of $145.00. The full policy was $2,785.00. We immediately chose to cancel this policy and followed the cancellation instructions which must be cancelled within 30 days.

On July 28, 2020 we mailed and emailed our cancellation request. On 7/29/20 I received a confirmation email from Rafil ** who advised he would forward the email to the warranty company to process the cancellation. We then received a statement on 7/20/20 requesting payment. We thought our cancellation crossed in the mail. Then we received another billing statement dated 8/20/20 indicating two payments are due by 9/13/20. We immediately contacted the phone numbers on the policy. We tried calling Matrix Payment Solutions on 9/8/20 and was told they would transfer me to cancellations. I kept getting disconnected.

They then gave me the direct number to Clear Path Automotive. The phone call would get disconnected upon it connecting. I left numerous message with no response. I called again today (the next day) and spoke to Ivan who assured me he will have someone from that department call me back. Still no phone call. I am extremely frustrated with this situation and will be contacting the attorney general and Better Business Bureau today. Not only have they not cancelled the policy, we are owed a refund for our downpayment of $195.00. Do not sign up for with any of these Companies.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I signed up for a extended warranty June 3 2020. Was told to review policy when ca re 2 weeks later. Decided I did not want to keep it. I started calling, after being put on hold several times in days I finally talked to someone. Tried to cancel. She said to call another number. After several attempts I got another person. She said I had to cancel thru another number. She asked why I want to. Cancel. Told her I didn't like the contract, I finally told her I would rethink it but still want to talk to someone about cancelling. Never got a call.

Call again. July 2, the agent read me my statement and I told her I still want to cancel. Said they would call me back. On July 3 they charged $156.11 on my card without my consent. I did not sign any consent or verbally give consent. After reading all other complaint I think I made the right decision to cancel along with horrible telephone response. I call credit card co to stop unauthorized payment.

Mepco response

Original review: June 30, 2020

My grandmother was contacted by this company to start a policy for vehicle service and repair coverage since the previous warranty expired. She told them she did not want to go through them for this type of coverage and she felt she wouldn't need it anyway. Long story short she called her bank one morning to get her balance as she always does and her account was overdrawn due to a debit for a payment to MEPCO in the amount of $1400.00 dollars!! Mind you she never gave them any of her bank account information or her debit card number because she refused buying the coverage they were offering.

My grandmother is 87 years old and can not afford to have people scamming her for her fixed income. Her and I tried calling to cancel this bogus contract but were hung up on 2 times and were asked to leave a message 1 other time we called. She disputed the transaction with her bank and they credited her account the $1400.00 and changed her debit card number. Lo and behold another payment of $1400.00 to MEPCO came out of her account again even after changing her debit card number!!! Wonder how that happened? All the while we can't get in touch with anyone to cancel this fraudulent policy.

Mepco response

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have been scammed by you 3 times. Just last week I spoke to a supervisor there. She told me my money would be put back on my card and I check it again and now you have taken two payments. I will in fact take legal action. Just yesterday someone called me with Drive Smart asking me why did I cancel. I explained I could not afford it neither was I interested. I want my money back and I will be reaching out to my Lawyer. This is not a threat rather it is assurance that you will not get away with scamming the innocent people!!!!!

Mepco response

Original review: April 30, 2020

I recently bought an extended warranty from this company after receiving numerous letters from them. I have a BMW 3 series that had been running perfectly fine but I have had my share of paying cash for my repairs in the past. Being that the warranty coverage included ENGINE, ELECTRICAL as well as Transmission I considered buying the policy. Long story short, I have had coverage for 2 months now and recently had to take my BMW to the dealership for repairs. I became aware that I needed a particulate filter, some other filter, catalytic converter issue and a part that needed to be replaced. NOTHING was covered under the warranty. I called to cancel the warranty and the call immediately turned into a nightmare.

Jessica the so called supervisor was extremely rude and wouldn’t even let me talk to let her know my concerns before she cut me off to basically tell me that if I’m unaware of what my policy covers it’s not their fault because they wouldn’t have sold me a warranty without explaining the guidelines to me. I was took back immediately with her tone as well as her lack of empathy. She was not helpful at all and became even more irrational once I told her to just cancel my policy. She hung up on me 4 times and even called me to tell me she refused my cancellation letter that I emailed. I happened to speak with 2 nice and understanding gentlemen after her and one of the men actually sent me a email copy of my policy as well as explained in details what steps I needed to take to cancel my coverage. Overall MEPCO’s coverage SUCKS! I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this company. Poor coverage and poor customer service from Jessica!

Mepco response

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

As far as Mepco goes they were fine to deal with until you sell your car and need to cancel. You're automatically transferred through their automated message. When I got on the phone with Protek they must only have one CS agent working there because Debra answers the phone all the time. She told me I needed to send a Bill of Sale to their St Petersburg address in which I did then I see another monthly charge. So I called back and yep got Debra. I told her I already sent in and to stop charging me the monthly amt of $111.00 and her comment was, "Well ya better send it in again or we are going to keep charging you". I asked for an email and then a supervisor and Debra said a supervisor didn't have time to talk to me because they were busy helping customers. What kind of customer service is this. If I could I would give a neg ----10. Choose someone another company!!!!!

Mepco Company Information