2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

4.4/5 (117 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Liberty Lending Group

Liberty Lending Group is an invitation-only online lending platform that offers personal loans and debt relief programs. The lender advertises no hidden fees and consistent interest rates throughout the life of your loan as well as fast approvals and online applications.

Pros

• Unsecured, fixed-rate personal loans
  • Fast approval and fund distribution
  • Quick and easy application process
  • Loans up to $100,000

Cons

• High APR range
  • Longest loan term is 5 years

Bottom Line

Liberty Lending Group makes it easy to apply for a personal loan. Loan terms are straightforward and transparent with fixed interest rates and no hidden fees. APRs can be higher than some lenders.

Liberty Lending Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Lending Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Lending Group?

Original review: April 8, 2020

I googled the top 20 lending groups of the year and Liberty Lending was consistently at the top. I decided to go with them because consistently, they’re number one right now. Setting up was super fast. I applied for a loan late at night and from the point that I submitted everything, it was 15 minutes then I got a call the next day around 10:00 in the morning. Within eight hours, they already made the call to talk to me and get more information. We were replying through emails and the response time was quick. I was happy with it. I like the rates too. I had a loan before and the rate was 35%. It was something crazy. Having a 5.9 rate is good for me, at least.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I got a personal loan from Liberty Lending. It was pretty straightforward. Whatever the rate and terms were given, they helped.

Original review: March 16, 2020

On 3.14 2020 I called Liberty to seek a loan, but was turned down. The agent, Ashley **, however told me there was another option, debt consolidation, that I did qualify for. She explained this option to me in detail in a very clear professional and knowledgeable manner, waiting until I understood each step before moving on to the next step. Her patience with me, an elder, was most noteworthy, she didn't rush me through the process. I initially declined the offer. However after reflection decided the offer would be best to address my current fiscal situation.

I called her back the next day and left a message for her to get back in touch. She called me back on 3.16.2020 and I re-initiated the process to accept the offer. I can say that Ashley's presentation and assistance were major factors in my accepting the offer. She then walked me though the acceptance process and the seemingly never ending paperwork, again making sure I was apprised and comfortable moving forward. Ashley ** was good representative for liberty, and I am most appreciative...thank you.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Everyone I talked to was very friendly and helpful! They worked with me to get the highest loan possible. They let me take my time to make sure I knew what credit cards I wanted to include in the loan. Very helpful.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I liked Liberty Lending Group's friendliness and their rate was good. Their customer service was good as well and their application process didn’t take that long. But too many emails have been sent after the thing was done.

Original review: March 8, 2020

Liberty seemed pretty good and they're the first one I looked at. The application process was fast and fair but the rates could still be lower. Their reps did a good job.

Original review: March 2, 2020

I was trying to borrow from another company but they couldn't help me, so they put me through Liberty. I got a personal loan, and the application process was pretty quick. I spoke with the customer service a few times and that went really well. They were professional and efficient. The rate was reasonable. It’s lower than what I’m paying for my credit cards. They could offer lower interest rates now that the federal rates are down. Otherwise, everything is good. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Liberty sent me something for a loan and I responded to what they mailed to me. I filled out the application and then they called me back afterward with approval. But then from there, they passed me off to another lending group. The customer service is fine. I got a response pretty quickly and got on the phone with somebody and got the information I needed.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I called in with the code provided. I spoke to someone who was very nice and seemed helpful. They set me up with an appointment to speak with an adviser. I received an email from an adviser saying he was looking forward to help me with my lending needs. (Keep in mind I was supposedly pre-approved). The appointment time came and went with no call. I emailed the contact and exchanged emails back and forth. The message I was told was the underwriters were backed up. It has now been a week and a half and I have yet to speak with anyone from Liberty Lending. My feelings are that it is a hoax. Until I can speak with a person and they tell me I am either approved or disapproved I will continue to feel this way.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and making us aware of this. We strive to provide each client with exceptional communication so we are sorry to hear that was not provided in your recent interaction with us. After reviewing our files we see here one of our managers recently reached out and was able to personally assist. We want to thank you for the opportunity in allowing us to better your experience here with us and we look forward to the possibility of serving you in the future!

Liberty Lending Group

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I initially contacted this company on a Saturday. On Monday another person contacted me to discuss possible loan options. On Tuesday this person referred me to a third person to process my loan application. The application was ambiguous and the person I spoke to didn't want to give me the wrong information. Then I got a call from another person telling me to expect a subsequent call from yet another person. I never got a return call. When I called the second person again to find out what was happening, he didn't return my call either. Note that this is 4 days from my original call from a company that advertises 24/7 and I haven't even had my application filed yet. Don't waste your time!

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and provide us with your feedback. After verifying our records, it looks like there had been consistent communication with the same representative while we tried to help you reach an ideal resolution. Since the initial offer was not satisfactory, we had to look into further options causing a delay in response. Our Client Care department has attempted to remedy this situation multiple times but has not been able to get in touch with you. Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to help resolve this.

Liberty Lending Group

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I wanted to consolidate and Liberty Lending Group gave me a decent deal. And as far as I know, it was a good deal. Their annual rate is a little high, but it’s okay. The loan specialist I worked with was fine. Their log-on system is not bad, but they could’ve explained it better because it wasn’t explained real good on how to get in and find out information on my loan.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

This is Donna **. Milo has been a fantastic fantastic helper on getting my experience done at this time and I cannot thank all of your helpers that has got me through this experience and I appreciate your time.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Liberty came through with flying colors. They did everything they said they were gonna do. I sent them the correct information, they handled it, and it was a three-day experience. They told me that the extra cash would be there on Friday, and then the next Friday, all the payments would be made, and it was paid exactly right. I didn't have any headaches. I had a little hard time with figuring out who I was gonna pay back. But they worked it out. It's been a good experience so far.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I checked the options out at Liberty Lending Group, and it was a decent option. I got a refinance and the application process was the best part. It was really quick and easy. It was easy to work with the agent as well. I was impressed with their rep's communication, consistency and promptness. I'm even looking for another refi pretty soon, so I'd probably call them back.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Applying for a loan was quick and easy. The customer service team was very helpful and honest. They answered all the questions me and my wife had about the interest rate and what plan was best for us in determining what type of loan we qualified for.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I was with National Debt Relief and applied at Liberty Lending Group. The rate was okay and the process was fairly easy, taking up a couple of hours. It was good with the rep and they've answered all my questions.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

They were very helpful with the loan I wanted to take out. They also answered all my questions about about the loan. The people on the phone explained everything great. I would definitely recommend people to get a loan with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I was sent some advertisement by Liberty, and then, I called, and they offered me a lower interest rate. I had a lot of help from them during the application. They really walked me through it real good. It took a couple of weeks and it wasn’t long. All the people were very nice to us, and I appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Ricky and Michael were very easy to communicate with and made the process truly streamline! My experience has been nothing but positive from start to finish. Thank you for making this loan so simple and easy.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I hadn't used the loan for a long time, but it's a predatory loan because Liberty takes $300 right off the top and then they charge at 29%. It's like I paid $257 and 87 cents goes towards the principal. The people that I've talked to have all been nice. But as far as the loan, whoever heard of you paying almost $260 and then 87 cents going towards the principal? I can't complain 'cause I'm an adult and I knew what I was doing, and I got the money. But I paid another $200 today. I put $260 in so I paid at least $1 towards the principal. I worked in the police department for 27 years, and I know a scam when I see one. I don't know how they get away with it, but they do.

Also, I would invite anybody in management at Liberty to try to log on to their account. It's like you're logging on to the CIA. It's a hassle. Once you answer the security questions and then you put that in again, it'll ask for it again. It's like everything is redundant. If I can remember, how come the computer can't remember? My generation is not computer illiterate. I went through my adult life and never handled a computer until I was 57 years old.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Liberty Lending Group is a super easy company to work with. Their initial offer seemed more attractive than others' and their application process was super easy. I filled out the application online and took a picture of the paystub. The whole process took a day and a half with two or three phone calls between everything. They were really polite and explained everything thoroughly from the get-go. I'm happier with the terms I received than the credit cards that I paid off with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I got a thing in the mail. I filled it out online and then Liberty Lending called me. They set up a time to call me. The rep went above and beyond to help me out and explained all of my options. It was a quick and easy process. The percentage rate is a little high, but I understand. They got back with me within a reasonable amount of time and was never left hanging. I got my money within two days.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

This company initially contacted me with a 'loan offer' for debt consolidation. I was interested so I submitted my information. The company assigned me a consultant that ran a credit check etc. and then called me telling me I needed to write down the cards he could help with. I know my card balances and minimum payments so I felt this was condescending. Anyway, he proceeds to tell me that my card payment will be this much etc. and that my accounts will be closed. I politely interrupted him and explained this isn't what I was led to believe it was and that I was not interested. A few minutes after we got off the phone he emailed me a whole breakout of information that he had told me to write down. I'm displeased that the company portrays themselves to be a lender but they are in fact something wholly different. I also do not appreciate them using this identity to check my credit and receive a copy of my credit report and not being a lender at all.

Hello Deanna,

We strive to provide all our clients with the best options to excel in their finances depending on each unique situation. This can range anywhere from a loan, debt consolidation, or other options if we are not able to reach an ideal loan offer here with Liberty Lending Group. It's important that all our clients feel informed and equipped to handle their finances after speaking to one of our certified debt consultants. As this was not your experience, we want to take the time to extend our sincerest apologies. We do see here one of our managers has already reached out to you, but should you ever need further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out directly to lgudino@libertylendinggroup.com and we would be more than happy to help.

Liberty Lending Group

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Liberty Lending Group was so helpful in finding me a loan in order to pay off two high interest credit cards. The process was easy and pretty much complete in one day. I would definitely call them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had an amazing experience with my debt consolidation loan. The application process was extremely easy and my loan officer, Fidencio ** was so knowledgeable and helpful. His communication was impeccable and made it easy for me to send all the documents he needed. My loan was great because they paid my payees directly, which saved so much time and effort. It only took minutes for the approval and within 3 days the funds were sent out. My terms and interest rate were incredible. They also offered an autopay program for repayment, which is convenient. I am so very satisfied with the experience as a whole. Highly recommend!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

Received an offer in the mail for a loan to consolidate debt. Responded online with my "special ID offer code." After applying, they asked for contact info so that someone could contact me. I decided "forget it," and aborted the page and did not complete it. Next day, 3 calls from a female from Los Angeles: Liberty Funding. I answered on the third call, it was a male, but not the female who had left two messages. The male tells me that my loan is in underwriting (don't know how, didn't complete anything), and then says, "Get a pen and write everything I tell you down." His tone was in fact very condescending as another reviewer shared. I wrote nothing and just listened. He proceeded to tell me how Liberty can "consolidate" all of my debt and pay it off, and will close all my accounts in the process.

Several more times he tells me, "Make sure that you are writing down what I say because it's really important." I just listen, still not writing. I stop him mid sentence because he won't shut up and tell him "NO, this is not what I was seeking and I didn't even complete the contact info for you to call me." He says, "Can I just ask why you wouldn't want to get out of debt?" I laughed and said, "Not your way. I haven't missed a payment on a single obligation, and thought it would be simpler to consolidate and have one payment (like others have said), instead of several. I have NO intention of closing any of my accounts and will pay all my creditors as I always have. No thanks," and I hung up.

Immediately after, I got an email with all that "Important information I needed to write down." I marked it as spam and deleted it. Over the next two days, 3 more calls that I blocked. If you don't qualify for their "promo offer," they will attempt this tactic to snare you. The 1 star reviews are absolutely right. Please be careful. Side note: I was particularly annoyed by the condescension in his voice. If that's how they do business, they can keep it.

Liberty Lending Group response

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience, Theresa. We set a high standard for ourselves in the way we communicate with each client and we are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Here at Liberty Lending Group we continually strive to improve and we take all client feedback as an opportunity to grow. If we can ever be of further assistance please be encouraged to reach out directly to one of our managers here at lgudino@libertylendinggroup.com.

Liberty Lending Group

Original review: July 11, 2019

Dealing with LLG has been a very seamless and painless experience. They were prompt with timelines. It was very refreshing to deal with a company that did what they said they were going to do. I will recommend LLG to anyone in need in the future!

Original review: June 28, 2019

We received a letter in the mail offering to help us consolidate our debt into one monthly payment. We had several credit cards that we wanted to pay off and get a lower interest rate on in the process. The process was very easy and painless. We talked to a consultant named Holli and she was very helpful and she got the process started quickly. She stayed in constant contact with us either through either phone or email. We had the whole thing finished in a few days. Thank you for all the help and making so easy.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I had received a letter in the mail about helping be consolidate debt. I did not have a bunch of debt. It was just one credit card that I could not bring the balance down as fast as I would of like due to the interest rate I feel like I was standing still. I made the call to Liberty and they helped me pay off the card in two years. 15,000 is what I owed and I will pay that back to Liberty plus something like 1800 fee. This was a much better option for me than my bank which would of had me paying the next 10 years to get a 0 balance. The lending company was very excited to help and always called me back to update me about my loan and I would recommend them to anyone who need the same assistance.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I am writing to let you know how pleased my husband I were with your services. I must admit that at first I was Leery if using a loan company that solicited through the mail. We had been disappointed in the past. However Marilyn, our advisor immediately put me at ease and was such a responsive and knowledgeable person. I would definitely recommend your services to others.

Liberty Lending Group Company Information