2. Finance

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

JM Bullion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Original review: June 13, 2020

I have been a customer for a few years now and recently sold silver bars back to them which I mailed with insurance and followed the instructions to the tee! The package was received by them however over 200 ounces of silver were missing valued over $3,400. After month of providing all the information asked of me and the receipt for which the transaction was insured under they declined My claim and told me to not contact them again! Even the rep I was dealing with said that the reason for declining the claim was vague and there was nothing I could do. For the record, I have a great job and hold a secret security clearance so rest assurance my claim is not false. Definitely do business elsewhere!!!!

Resolution response: June 16, 2020

JM Bullion did the right thing and overturned their decision not to reimburse me. My faith has been restored in them.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Had the worst experience of my life with JM Bullion. I bought 16 ounces of gold (more than $28K) and it was delivered in an empty box via the post office without a signature! I followed every step of their "investigation" including getting a police and post office report and after 45 days, my claim was denied for no reason. If you buy gold from there, you are playing Russian roulette that your gold might not ever show up and that they will blame you for it and you will never get reimbursed.

JM Bullion response

John, Could you please provide an order number?

Resolution response: June 4, 2020

Interestingly and fortunately I finally received my coin today 6/3/2020. Almost 2 months after they shipped it. Despite that, I still think their handling of my claim was not a good business practice. They did not inform me the best solution to the issue when I first called them. If the coin did not arrive, I would have to suffer the entire market loss.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I purchased a gold coin in March. JM Bullion shipped it on April 7th. However the coin never arrived!!! It's possibly lost during USPS transit. I called them during mid April. They told me to wait. I called them again on April 30th and asked for a refund. They told me to submit a form to claims department. I did and they denied my claim! The reason is ridiculously simple -- I made the claim late. I am supposed to submit claims within 3 business dates when the coin went missing. JM Bullion, why would you tell me to wait when I FIRST CALLED? It's a simple denial of responsibility. I am going to call my bank to cancel this transaction. Will keep you guys posted on updates.

JM Bullion response

Unfortunately, when we are notified of an issue late it prevents us from adequately investigating the loss. It's the responsibility of the customer to notify us of an issue in a reasonable time frame. In this case we were not notified of an issue until 23 days after shipment.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I purchased silver bars from JM Bullion and paid via ACH same day. Payment cleared the next day. 15 days later, my order was cancelled. When I finally got through to customer service, after 21 minute hold, they said they couldn't verify me via phone, but no one had contacted me by phone. They said they couldn't leave a voicemail, but I have unlimited voicemail capacity. Since the customer service rep was able to verify me on the spot, I asked that my order that was cancelled just an hour ago be reinstated, but they refused. The spot price of silver had gone up significantly since I placed my order. JM Bullion cancelled my order rather than fulfilling it at the original price I paid.

JM Bullion response

We are sorry about this cancellation. It was a matter of not being able to get in touch. The order has since been reinstated and shipped.

Original review: April 30, 2020

They advertise platinum but very very few products available and the markup is huge. North of 10%. I’m a customer and you do get what you order so I would recommend them as a site to consider when looking for gold or silver. Their prices appear to be competitive in those 2 metals.

Original review: April 17, 2020

To check tax, I tried their LIVE chat (which is not live at all, just email). The funny thing is, it's been more than 24 hours but still didn't get the answer for live chat.

Then I tried their phone call but got the call back few hours later. And I saw the website explanation to check how much tax is applying, need to process. So I processed to see the tax but the order just went thru without any notification about tax. Then I called right away to cancel, cause the order was just by accident. And they are saying about cancellation fee and the FEE is more than USD120. Haha.. How nice system. I will write this review as many as I can. I wish there is no more victim like me.

Collin,

I'm sorry for this confusion. Your fee has been waived. When you initially called in you spoke with a rep that did not properly cancel the order. This mistake was on us, and you do not owe anything.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I am a long time collector of Gold and Silver bullion but I usually purchase locally, in store. Given the current shutdown I had to resort to online purchases. To say my experience was bad with JM Bullion, would be an understatement. They sent me the wrong items and to make matters worse, the items they sent me were very damaged.

I ordered $100 FMV 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars from JM Bullion. They sent me 174 Kennedy Half Dollars and 26 random other silver coins. The 26 other silver coins were buried amongst the bag of Kennedy Half Dollars. Had I not gone through the entire bag myself (which I am now really glad I did), coin by coin, I would have no idea they had sent me the wrong items. The fact that the replacement junk silver was in awful condition and some of the coins (like the photo attached) are so damaged I can barely make out what coin it is or the date it was produced (it looks like a liberty half dollar but it is so damaged it's hard to tell) just makes things that much worse.

When I asked them to make the situation right, they told me they sent me something of equivalent value so that should be ok. To me, that's like saying "well, you bought a car, so we sent you a car. It's a different car, but it’s worth about the same." I bought a specific item. I want that specific item. If I wanted just "any" silver product I would have purchased JM Bullion's product: "silver coins, varied condition, any mint," but I did not. I bought 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars.

You can't just replace items with other items and hope the customer doesn't notice. That is not acceptable. It's also deceptive to stick those coins into a bag with other coins without telling the customer. At minimum you should let the customer know that what they ordered is not what they are getting and give them the option to back out.

I tried to call the support line at JM Bullion and after sitting on hold for an hour I gave up. Via email, they offered me a $10 coupon or told me I can send the junk silver back for a refund "Minus the Appreciate Of Its Value" putting all the responsibility on me to rectify the situation. The bottom line is JM Bullion sent me the wrong items. They slipped random coins into a bag of Kennedy Half Dollars and hoped I wouldn't notice. There are a lot of places to buy Bullion. I would not recommend purchasing from JM Bullion unless you want the potential to receive the wrong, damaged items, no accountability once you recognize something is wrong and then poor customer service when you try to follow up.

JM Bullion response

Hi Noah, I'm sorry for this experience. Could you send us your order number so we can look into this?

Original review: April 10, 2020

I ordered a box of silver on March 13, 2020. The package was lost and the company is only willing to reimburse my payment. Not send out the lost order. Is this because the pricing is now 30% higher?? Maybe. Come to think of it, they could run a scam on “lost products“ and hide behind the policy of being able to return funds or the order...??? I am going to tell everyone online to beware of JM Bullion.

Hi Patrick,

Based on the order number you posted here it appears we are sending you the replacement metals. So this review doesn't seem accurate?

Resolution response: April 2, 2020

There is nothing left to investigate now as the orders are delivered after lot of aggravation and pain. If you learn something from it, will be to your benefit.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I am a customer of JM Bullion for 7 years. I placed 2 orders on March 13 and March 15 for Gold and silver and provided them my bank acct # for the ACH payment. They sent me multiple emails stating my payment failed. I went back and provided them a different bank account number. They charged both the accounts for same orders. When I saw my both accounts on hold, I called cust service, waited 2 hours-spoke to a lady who had no access to any order info. She noted down my complaint and said she will email the payment dept. She refused to let me explain to them. Nothing happened. I had to ask my bank to stop one of the payments to avoid double payment. So, after receiving full payment, they cancelled my order and charged me market loss.

At this point, they had my full payment, refused to ship metals and billed me market loss. No one wanted to speak with me or understand the issue. I lodged a complaint through BBB immediately. Next morning, after receiving email from BBB, they accepted their fault!!! Offered to refund my money. I insisted on getting my metals or they pay me market loss. They shipped the metals. I shouldn't have to go through all this pain. A good company always tries to resolve an issue, win the confidence of customer and reassure him. I saw none of these things at JM Bullion.

Hi Riten,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you send me your order number so I can investigate?

Original review: April 1, 2020

ISSUE: Cancelled order after receiving payment. Done without authorization. On 3/12/2020, I placed an order and chose pay by check. I mailed the check. On Monday 3/16/2020, I tried to change the payment method and it failed. Sent 2 emails saying payment was in the mail, don't cancel. No reply. Three days later they cancelled the order, 3/19 and charged me for market loss. However on 3/18, they received mailed payment. Verified. Called customer service and spoke to a rep. After researching issue, bottom line once an order is cancelled that's it. They would issue a refund minus the mkt loss. I called next day and verified this. I said charge my CC. A week later same rep calls me back to verify how to refund. I say charge cc. Now 3/31 I find out they electronically refunded amt and kept the mkt loss amount even after I said twice charge the cc. Advice is: Do not use this company. Not interested in doing what's right. Only interested making money.

JM Bullion Company Information