2. Finance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

JM Bullion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

JM Bullion locked in a silver price then they sent me instructions to pack and ship. I followed instructions and shipped via their shipping label. It was insured (very important to me) and a couple of days after they received my silver my the money was deposited in my bank account. My local silver dealer, where I bought my silver rounds from, wanted to charge me about $1.35 LESS than the posted silver price. This after I paid more than $3 per ounce OVER when I originally purchased from him. So glad I went with JM Bullion. I will be using them in the future.

Thank you David!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I use the JM Bullion app to check metals prices & link to their store. The app is always up to date for the current prices, and you'll see it change live while using it. The store is easy to navigate and has a price ticker at the top so you can see that the prices are accurate for the current value. The only delays I've had are from my local PO holding packages for an extra day (actually a pretty common thing here, even pre-Covid) I guess for sorting. I've only purchased 1oz silver bullion coins, but they always arrive packed really well and in great condition.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

As a newcomer to precious metals, I started small to understand the process. With my first order, I did hit some snags with their ACH processing and it took several days to sort that out. I could have used a little more guidance from the customer service representatives, but we eventually got it sorted out. I've placed four orders with them now and definitely plan to purchase more through them. I feel like the prices are fair for the convenience of online ordering.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

A few years ago, I wanted to add precious metals to my portfolio. I was looking for a place to buy silver and gold. I did an online search and found JM Bullion. They had an amazing selection and free shipping on all orders. They had coins, bars, collectibles, statutes and other unique collectible precious metals that I had never seen before. Of course I started slow with small orders. Orders were processed and delivered quickly and efficiently. The precious metals are delivered to your door and using their site is very easy. It is like Christmas all year when I receive one of my many orders from JM Bullion. Further, there have been times when I have needed some extra cash and had to sell some of my precious metals to dealers. Never a problem. A fun alternative to cash and stocks. I love my collection of coins and collectibles. I give this company my highest recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Earlier this month I ordered a small amount of silver peace dollars. The coins arrived within the expected shipping time frame. I am very pleased by the condition of the bullion. Although there is a slight premium (they are a business after all), it was not as much as some other companies. In short, I would recommend JM Bullion and will probably buy more from them in the future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 6, 2021

Order number ** placed on Feb 14 2021. Money sent by wire transfer. Package was sent in 2 parts -I called 3 times to verify that it would not be left on the street. UPS changed the tracking number -and later threw the package over the fence on a public street. We found the package in the grass. The second part was returned to Nevada. A private investigator David ** was retained by JM Bullion to track -he discovered the UPS issue and closed my file without helping on the second package. Multiple phone calls to Ray/Shauna and others were unhelpful. I was ready to file charges with the PD about theft by JM bullion.

I called BBB and filed a complaint. Finally a lady at claims sent me paperwork and I filed a police complaint about the loss of package 2 (which was returned to sender) and JM bullion claimed it did not receive. I have the confirmation from UPS -guess they threw it on the street outside the shipping office in Nevada. I am very disappointed with the customer service and the honesty of this company. Finally today I got the last package - which I asked to be shipped to my office - and guess what - it was left on the lobby table - with no signature. I get better service and delivery for rat bait from Amazon - how these guys sell gold and use such shipping methods defies logic. I would not buy shoes from these guys -- 3 months and considerable stress - crooked guys and worse service - avoid the hassle and find a good company who uses a good shipper -- these guys are bad! Would not trust them with dog food.

JM Bullion response

Samson, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your recent shopping experience with us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to get some additional details to further investigate this matter.

Sincerely, JM Bullion.

Resolution response: April 23, 2021

To anyone that wish to try out JM Bullion just save yourself some headache and search for another dealer. After price rises they canceled your order, then ask you to dispute an authorized transaction as items not received to your bank. I ended up calling my bank and dispute the charges after JM Bullion held the funds for over 10 days.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Order -** was paid with bank transfer on 4-13 and the price of gold gone up by close to 100 during the next 10 days. On the 8th day I was told there's a billing/shipping address issue, and I contacted them to verify the addresses (I bank with a California credit union and live in California and somehow they came up with a Washington state address for me). Fast forward on 4-22, my order was canceled due to their internal review. I called them up and see when I will get the refund... their billing department to ask me do an ACH reversal with my bank, for a transaction that I AUTHORIZED. Clearly these people have no idea ach transfer isn't the same as debit/credit card where I cannot just simply claim the good/service not received then reverse the charges.

JM Bullion response

Hello Anthony, thank you for your feedback. Our Sr. Operations Manager called you on 04/22 at 4:37 PM CST to discuss the matter but he had to leave a voicemail for you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 20, 2021

Paid for an order of bullion. The tracking said in transit. Will arrive late. After it did not arrive contacted JM Bullion. They said I was supposed to contact them within 2 days so it is my fault. How would anyone know there is a problem within 2 days? Very unreasonable and deceptive. They refuse to refund my money.

Hello James,

Thank you for your feedback. I have sent you a private message to confirm certain details.

Resolution response: April 13, 2021

JM Bullion did make this right only after they video reviewed the shipping procedures on my package. However, it does not make up for the very stressful situation they placed me in. So I’ll stick with my one star, very dissatisfied rating.

Original review: April 12, 2021

JM Bullion shorted me more than 1600 dollars in precious metals from my package. I had to send them multiple pictures of the package and exchange multiple emails over a period of more then a week. It was a very stressful and aggravating experience. I will never purchase anything from this company again.

JM Bullion response

Hello David, we are sorry to hear about your recent shopping experience. We have sent you a private message to get your order number in an effort to look into your case.

Thank you for contacting JM Bullion.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Updated on 04/12/2021: I just got off the phone with a "supervisor" who wasted 30 minutes of my time telling me how they did nothing wrong, waving "terms and conditions" in my ear repeatedly, going on about lawsuits and how they have to be "consistent". He tells me that had I asked a specific question, I would have gotten a specific answer. Then from the other side of his mouth he tells me that they owe me no answers.

I asked "Brian" very pointedly whether I needed to do anything else in terms of the wire transfer transaction, notifying him that I'd provided routing and account information. That is a specific question, to which he answered "no". He told me I'd done everything I needed to do and to give them 48 hours to batch-process the order.

Had "Brian" given me the correct information, I would have immediately contacted my bank to initiate the transaction. This was on 3/29, three full days before the order was cancelled. At that point, it was because of THEIR failures that the payment was not made, yet this latest call set all blame on me. Customers need no tongue waggling by third-rate, low-rent thieve such as these people. They want your money and apparently will take it any way they can manage. JM Bullion are thieves. Whatever you do, run from them for all your legs will take you.

Original Review: On 26 March 2021 I placed an order for 1160 ounces of silver rounds and casting shot. Having never before done this, I chose payment by wire transfer. Having provided my bank information and confirming my order, a status page came up with "PENDING" listed. I placed the order at about 5:30 PM, on a Friday. The next day, I refreshed the order status to find it was still PENDING. Given this was an online transaction, I became concerned that something may have been amiss. On the following Monday I called JM Bullion at start of business. I spoke with "Brian", explained to him my concerns, and he assured me that everything was fine. He explained to me that these transactions were done in "batch mode", which made no sense to me as online transactions tend to be in real time, but he was the expert and I deferred to his authority on the matter. He further told me that it could take up to 48 business hours to process my order.

As a matter of due diligence, I asked whether I'd done the right things for the payment type. Brian assured me that I had and that all I needed was to wait. I waited three days just to give them some cushion, but when I refreshed the order status page, it went from "PENDING" to "CANCELLED". I immediately called JM Bullion back, this time speaking with "Sauna" (I may have the spelling wrong but it sounded as I spell it here, could be "Sawna" or any of several possible spellings, so pardon me if I got it wrong). I once again had to explain the entire story to her, this time adding the Brian saga as well. She immediately told me that the transactions are NOT done in batch mode, and that the transaction was cancelled for non-payment. She assured me that she would get the transaction corrected and to give her until the end of the day to contact me. This would have been 2 April.

Having heard nothing from Sauna, I called once again, this time speaking to "Weldon" (spelling once again us unsure) who told me after I recounted the entire saga including Ms. Sauna, that they gave me bad information, but that he would be able to correct the transaction. This was the following Monday, 4/5. Be aware that at every turn I made it clear that I wanted the silver and that I would do what they required to make payment promptly. Weldon assured me that the transaction should be reinstated within an hour or so and that he would contact me before close of business. I asked about the $812.52 "market loss" fee they'd had no problem at all in assessing and getting paid by 3/31. He promised me that that would either be refunded to my card or they could deduct the sum from the total. I asked that they do the latter and he assured me that there should be no problem with that.

I pointedly asked Weldon whether I'd failed to do something essential regarding the wire transfer. He was the first to point out that I had to initiate the transfer WITH MY BANK, and that entering the account/routing-number information was insufficient. He then asked me that if he could reinstate the order, would I be able to carry forth with the information he was going to email to me so that the sale would be completed that day. I told him that I would and that I would by all means do as instructed. He asked that I give him "an hour or so - by end of the day at the latest" and I told him to make sure it was early enough that my bank would still be open to receive my instructions to them. Once again, I heard nothing, which was now an established pattern and lead me to greater concern as to with whom I was actually dealing.

The following day, Tuesday 4/6, I called while my car was having its alignment checked. Speaking with "Brandy" (SP??), she was regaled with the entire saga up to and including Weldon, asked to place me on a short hold while she conferred with Sauna, whom she apprised me was a "supervisor". After about ten minutes, she returned to drop the hammer on me that Sauna had decided they "could not" reinstate the transaction and that I was out of luck with respect to the "market loss" fee. I asked them for consideration through their now hollow apologies, but they refused. JM will undoubtedly claim they did nothing wrong and in to-the-letter compliance with their terms and conditions. What they will not likely tell you that the time between the "you've not paid us" email and the cancellation notice was two hours and twenty six minutes.

I pointed out that I'd sustained a severe head injury the week before and that I would happily show them photos of my stapled-shut scalp. They were uninterested. They got their free money and apparently had no intentions of doing ethical business. I am not one to make excuses for my failures, and I did fail to see the instructions sent me via email, but in this case there were some extenuating circumstances, the one being my first time with this sort of transaction and the other being a serious head trauma. But giving me less than two and a half hours to make good on the payment, AFTER BANK BUSINESS HOURS, and to refuse to help me out despite my good faith efforts to correct my inadvertent errors, bringing both parties to satisfaction as would have been the case, the only difference being a matter of seven days, at least four of which were eaten up with JM Bullion's equal failures to act in timely fashion.

Brandy cited those seven days, as if their passage was entirely my doing, which it was not. So in the end I got the brush-off, they stole $812.52 from me as surely as if they'd sent someone to pick my pocket, or break into my home while I was not present. I'm not destitute, but neither am I drowning in cash. My purpose for the purchase was to obtain a hedge against the possibility of a currency collapse, given how America is not churning our dollars in the trillions. I cannot say whether their actions were driven by chicanery or just "HA! GOTCHA!" apathy, and given the results of my having been swindled, their reasons make no practical matter. I'm out $800+ and they appear to be laughing to the bank.

What perplexes me about this brand of low-rent, nickel-and-dime thievery is that a company that does business presumably in the millions or perhaps far more per year, and in whom the buying public places their trust, should be more concerned with the importance and fragility of their reputation as a business than they apparently seem to be. What they showed to me was that they just didn't care about my circumstances. They got their free money from me and that appears to have been enough for them. They certainly did not consider what troubles this may have brought into a customer's life. I will never trust them again and I strongly recommend you not trust them either, particularly in the case where there is any hint of trouble with a given transaction. Apparently, making honest mistakes are no different to them than malice. When one is treated like this, it becomes very difficult not to wonder whether you've been scammed.

If JM Bullion sees this review and wants to call me a liar, I give them permission to publicly release the tapes of the four phone conversations I had with Brian, Sauna, Weldon, and Brandy, and let you readers and potential customers decide based on what was actually said. If they refuse to release those calls, regardless of the excuse, readers will have every good reason to assume JM Bullion are lying. Do yourselves a favor and stay away from these people. Whether corrupt, inept, or just don't care, they will not have your back when things go off course with a sale.

And for the record, it brings me no pleasure to write these things about JM Bullion. I would have much rather come to this site full of enthusiasm to recommend them to everyone. Circumstance leaves me having to settle with the satisfaction of being able to publicly expose the gross mishandling of a sale by these people. Sad stuff, especially for my much skinnier wallet. Thieves of any form I will not abide.

JM Bullion response

Thank you Andrew for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your recent shopping experience with us. We have sent you a private message to get additional details to look into the matter for you.

Thank you for contacting JM Bullion.

JM Bullion Company Information