3.1/5 (58 ratings)

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

There are a lot of potential ways to stress about buying precious metals online and receiving it via postal service. That's what makes JM Bullion all the more worth it to me. I am a professional worrier, but JM does not leave much room in their process to become uncertain or concerned. The instructions and confirmations they send via email are timely and make information easy to find. I didn't feel stressed about the wire transfer being sent on time and successfully (which is good because I had a slight delay due to my banking app) because they're very good about sending you status updates, not sending you a billion unnecessary emails, and making subject lines clear so you don't miss them.

My tracking code was sent very early on and using USPS as the carrier was also a lot less anxiety-inducing than FedEx, because I could easily refresh my tracking page whenever curious to see the status and I could selectively choose what kind of alerts I wanted them to send (including whether they should send it by email or phone - very smart of them to do). My package wasn't priority shipping but still arrived promptly without delay; in any case, I never had to wonder where it was. My package was well-packed to keep things from jostling around in the box, which I appreciated because it made it unlikely someone could shake it around to get an idea of what was inside. The box itself was also plain and inconspicuous, and they included a sheet of my itemized order so you can immediately check that everything is where it should be.

All-in-all, I found that ordering from JM Bullion was very smooth and as simple as it could be for something like precious metals. You get the impression that they prioritize efficiency without cutting corners regarding the customer experience. I like that they take their business and customers very seriously and plan on ordering from them in the future.

Oh, and something I REALLY appreciated that you just never see with most online businesses - they don't sign you up for promotional emails automatically once you order something! I think that's absolutely wonderful honestly, that they give you the option to sign up for promotions and news separately and respect your wishes to not receive those emails even if you use their services. As someone who works in digital marketing, this told me everything I needed to know about how much they prioritize long-term customer loyalty and their brand reputation.

Greetings Tessa,

Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 11, 2022

A recent order of mine was lost the day after pickup for USPS priority outbound. I waited a few days to contact JMB because I work in e-commerce management, and since the original surge - myself and my agents have noticed that carriers frequently wait a few days to scan the packages or sometimes don't even bother to scan until the package is at the recipient's local distribution facility. We get dozens of calls daily accusing us of just leaving product on the warehouse floor and not handing it off to carrier drivers because tracking says waiting for pickup (read: not scanned yet!). Because, you know, that makes GREAT business sense. Welcome to the latter years of the first quarter of the 21st century.

Thankfully, especially having never read the FAQs (READ THEM!), my Spidey senses kicked in after 3 days and I wanted to notify JMB just in case. Their claims department wrote me back within a couple of hours and opened a case for investigation (no, not the BS excuse you get from a low dollar retailer - these guys do conduct an investigation with a capital I, with paperwork you need to fill out and certify and everything). They said that it could take up to 30 business days. Everything during these COVID days takes longer, trust me.

I got a weekly e-mail with updates which amounted to nothing, and I accepted that because I know how delayed things are these days. Just shy of 25 business days, they sent me paperwork that I promptly printed, signed, scanned, and e-mailed back to the claims department. In less than 24 hours, my original order was re-shipped with UPS 3 day select which somehow shipped out at 9pm from Vegas that day and was on my doorstep the next day (Washington dc area) at 3pm.

All retailers should post banners all over their sites saying please read our FAQs for the love of God. Please understand that this will scare buyers away because most people in this world are functionally, but not literally, illiterate. That being said, please do some due diligence if you are looking to purchase precious metals.

Keyword precious. Act accordingly as if you are buying something precious. I gave myself unnecessary panic attacks during the claims process because all I read were negative reviews online. If you don't mind the premium, you can just buy with a credit card and go with that route, but if you are the type to buy PMs, I would imagine that you would want to get that premium down as much as possible.

Greetings Christopher,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for your business.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am very happy with my most recent purchase of some silver coins featuring British coats of arms. I know my purchase wasn't a huge investment, but I'm a very casual collector and I make such purchases frequently, both with JM Bullion and elsewhere. My shopping cart here is already growing. And I must say that I enjoy and feel most comfortable patronizing this site above all the others. The above referenced purchase and the others have all included top quality products at reasonable prices delivered quickly. Additionally, the product selection is really quite good.

My only critique is that my coins came secured within the outside packaging (which itself was very good and secure, btw) by those flimsy plastic sleeves. Had the two coins shifted only a little bit more during shipping, the coins would have been in contact and would likely have caused scratches to each other. I know this arrangement is pretty standard, but I think JM Bullion could upgrade to capsules and distinguish itself from its competitors a bit. At the very least, I would have loved the option to have my coins shipped this way upon checkout. In my mind, this is the only facet of my experience keeping me from giving JM Bullion five stars.

Greetings Mark,

Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I have been ordering from JM and have been happy with the product. I do think they could spend some time with their customer service dept. The man I spoke with last month seemed arrogant. I really didn't care for his tone or attitude. He came across to me as if this company was doing me a favor selling to me. Customer service is important. I suggest you work on that and you could be 5 star.

Greetings Izzie,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry about your recent shopping experience with us.

I have sent you a private message in an effort to investigate your case further.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I was brand new to metals and was terrified to order online but honestly equally scared to walk into a coin shop. I did my research and settled on taking a chance with JM. I ordered first using a credit card and later using ACH. All items shipped fast based on the method used, tracking was detailed, and my product was delivered and I am super happy.

However, let me be clear that buying online is not without its risk, I met each of my packages at my mailbox. Let's be honest anyone with some common sense can figure out that a package that small/large and heavy must have some value. Note that most of the negative reviews are about missing or tampered packages. It's a double edge sword, JM cannot just up and resend you whatever you said was lost or stolen or they would be out of business. Equally, USPS does not want the public to think/know that its drivers are stealing/tampering with packages so they are not motivated to find out what happened to the package marked delivered. I offer this humble solution to limit the obvious shipping risk, order less per occurrence and meet your delivery man at the mailbox. If they are marking it delivered it better be in my hand. JM sent me what I ordered. I received what they sent.

Hello Damion,

Thank you for your feedback!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ordered a gold coin from them and paid via ACH, and the payment cleared the next day. I was then informed by JM Bullion that they could not fulfill the order (which was a sale item), and that a market loss fee would be applied to the refund. After three weeks of email communication, they advised the date on which the refund would be issued - this was not honored either. Now waiting for the issue to be forwarded to their billing department, per the last communication I've received.

Hello Cristian,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to get additional details of your order to look into it for you.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

When ordering on July 29th I chose ACH payment, yet it was cancelled by my bank on the same day and I called JM Bullion as soon as I saw the bank notification to ask if I could pay with wire transfer. They said I could so I made the transfer on July 31st, got email confirmation my order was paid on August 2nd. Still, my order was cancelled on August 12th, they claimed the account was empty (but if it had been empty, I couldn't have made the transfer).

Then the saga started, JM Bullion claimed they received my payment as ACH payment (they have the same receiving account for both ACH and wire transfer) on August 2nd and I need a dispute reject letter from my bank for them to process the refund. My bank confirmed numerous times via emails that my direct debit was cancelled and the fund was sent with wire transfer, thus there is no dispute possible for me and they can't provide any dispute reject letter (because there's no dispute option to start with). Yet JM Bullion doesn't accept my bank's emails, doesn't even care to read I guess. Their customer service supervisor called Brandy, I saw her names mentioned here at least twice for intimidating customer service. I'm not surprised, I tried explaining many times both email and on the phone, she didn't listen. Now I don't know how to make them refund me for an order they received the payment then cancelled.

Greetings Luu-Ly,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to look into your case.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Great selection, fast reliable shipping. But my first time selling back to them, they only gave me basic low bar price for premium RCM 10 Oz bars, I did make them aware of it and they never made it right. The website clearly showed a higher buyback price for those bars. Lesson learned.

Greetings Erik,

Thank you for your feedback. Pricing for buy-back items can change based on the condition of the item(s).

Sincerely, JM Bullion.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Buying gold, silver and copper is my preference. Yes, I have a few sites that I buy from. I still prefer doing my research and 80% of my purchases thru JM Bullion. The Silver and Gold I like getting from JM Bullion. It's quick and painless process to actually GET gold and silver from them. It's usually shipped the next day and makes it to me within three days. Tracking provided. The products I buy are exactly as described, well packaged and DISCREET! I don't need the mailman, UPS, Fedex or ANYONE knowing what I buy. Bad enough the greedy govt. knows. Longer story short? I buy confidently with JM Bullion.

Greetings Troy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Purchased certain items based on the description to find out that all was not as it appeared to be. The description was very misleading. Upon attempting to return they offered me less than half of what I paid. No apologies even when I told them they just lost a customer. I have been a customer of theirs for many years. Bottom line...read the fine print if you can find it.

Greetings Cary,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your recent experience with us.

I have sent you a private message in an effort to get more details about your case to look into it for you.

Thank you.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

JM Bullion Company Information