Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Finance
  3. Gold Dealers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

JM Bullion Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have been doing business with JM BULLION both a Buyer and a Seller for years without a single issue. As a Seller they offer competitive pricing and one of the largest product selections around. I have bought Silver Rounds, Silver Eagles & Silver bars and always get top quality Silver with fast shipping and great packaging. I have also purchased Gold Eagles and have at times sold some Gold back to them. If you ever want to liquidate Silver or Gold I highly recommend selling it to JM BULLION. You will get the best price and customer service in the business, this I know from personal experience as both a Buyer & Seller to them. In the past I have done business with several other dealers which are also good companies. But I eventually always came back to JM BULLION and now they have become the only company I do business with when Buying or Selling Precious Metals. If you buy or sell thru JM BULLION I'm sure you will never regret it.

Charles

High Point, NC

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

After reading a few other reviews I have to add in. I have been a customer of JM Bullion since 2015 and am very happy. I just added it up from my order files and I have purchased $12,671.75 worth of silver, gold, and copper from them. I have not regretted a single purchase. All have been sent in a timely manner and all products have been of excellent quality. A few items weren't available right away and I have known ahead of time that they would be sent after a certain date. This appears to be common practice from several other metal sites online. I know when I am seeking other purchases of Metals in the future I will let JM Bullion handle my needs with the assurance I will get a High Quality item at a more than fair price. Excellent Job!

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I found JM bullion in Oct 2019 and am completely satisfied with the product, price, customer service and shipping. The only complaint I have is my bank account says, "Stop. You are spending too much money." Lol! There is truly nothing better in the silver market than holding the mint rolls of stackables. I have bought off that giant site online that a million people sell on and have always enjoyed getting my silver but I have never gotten as excited as I do now because I know I'm the first to own what I bought along with JM's weekly sales. The prices are always able to beat the items purchased online. I'm completely 100%+ satisfied.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Brand new to this precious metals diversification strategy. Many of the other sites want to call you, discuss, sell, etc. I didn't want to be bothered with all that. I did my due diligence... I knew my strategy and I simply wanted to buy some things. JM Bullion has the best prices I could find, free shipping for orders of $99 and a wide variety of products. They even have weekly specials... which sounds like a lot of fun. You have to mail a check to get the lowest price, but, oh well. Take advantage of their introductory offer on 10 ounces of silver at spot!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I just received my fifth Gold and Silver Purchase from JM Bullion and I must say I am pleased. Although some reviewers are not happy with the time it takes to receive from the purchase date, I feel it is necessary for JM to make sure the payment is totally clear before shipping. After all we are talking big bucks here for gold and silver, and the likelihood of recovering the product once shipped is almost not.

I did have a problem on my second order, but it was with the US Postal Service and no fault of JM Bullion. I sent my personal check (payment for 10 oz of silver) within an hour of my online purchase, by registered signature required US Mail. Eight days later I received an email from JM Bullion (Friday evening) advising that the 10 days to pay is almost up.

Very early Monday morning I called customer service and was allowed pay by credit card and paid the 4% upcharge for paying with the card. I was happy just to keep my account in good standing and I received my package of silver. I was happy with JM as they were not at fault and I was able to keep in good standing with them. Case closed, not quit. About 5 weeks after I mailed the check JM Bullion finally received it, and without contacting me they cashed it and sent me a refund for the full amount of the credit card including the 4% upcharge. Now That is great customer service! Also after my 4th purchase JM is allowing me to use E-check at the same price as personal check payment, it saved about 7 to 10 days on my last purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Resolution response: April 2, 2020

There is nothing left to investigate now as the orders are delivered after lot of aggravation and pain. If you learn something from it, will be to your benefit.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I am a customer of JM Bullion for 7 years. I placed 2 orders on March 13 and March 15 for Gold and silver and provided them my bank acct # for the ACH payment. They sent me multiple emails stating my payment failed. I went back and provided them a different bank account number. They charged both the accounts for same orders. When I saw my both accounts on hold, I called cust service, waited 2 hours-spoke to a lady who had no access to any order info. She noted down my complaint and said she will email the payment dept. She refused to let me explain to them. Nothing happened. I had to ask my bank to stop one of the payments to avoid double payment. So, after receiving full payment, they cancelled my order and charged me market loss.

At this point, they had my full payment, refused to ship metals and billed me market loss. No one wanted to speak with me or understand the issue. I lodged a complaint through BBB immediately. Next morning, after receiving email from BBB, they accepted their fault!!! Offered to refund my money. I insisted on getting my metals or they pay me market loss. They shipped the metals. I shouldn't have to go through all this pain. A good company always tries to resolve an issue, win the confidence of customer and reassure him. I saw none of these things at JM Bullion.

Hi Riten,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you send me your order number so I can investigate?

Original review: April 1, 2020

ISSUE: Cancelled order after receiving payment. Done without authorization. On 3/12/2020, I placed an order and chose pay by check. I mailed the check. On Monday 3/16/2020, I tried to change the payment method and it failed. Sent 2 emails saying payment was in the mail don't cancel. No reply. Three days later they cancelled the order, 3/19 and charged me for market loss. However on 3/18, they received mailed payment. Verified. Called customer service and spoke to a rep. After researching issue, bottom line once an order is cancelled that's it. They would issue a refund minus the market loss. I called next day and verified this. I said charge my CC. A week later same rep calls me back to verify how to refund. I say charge cc. Now 3/31 I find out they electronically refunded amt and kept the market loss amount even after I said twice charge the cc. Advice is: Do not use this company. Not interested in doing what's right. Only interested making money.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: March 26, 2020

I set up a transaction to wire JM Bullion approximately $5,000. I went to the bank (Chase) the following Monday to complete the wire. The banker told me that the information I was given by JM did not match, it was a different bank in a different location. Chase advised me not to complete the wire. After several days of waiting on hold for a JM associate I finally received a call back. They gave me the same routing information and we're unwilling to allow a different method of payment. A few days after this they charged my credit card nearly $600.00 (because silver went down).

I contacted JM numerous times to try and find an amicable solution. I was willing to pay the full price agreed upon but not to send a wire for $5,000 to God knows where. We are in the midst of a pandemic in the USA right now and JM is taking full advantage of it. I found an alternative online and everything went smoothly. Shame on you JM, you are twisting a national emergency to your advantage. I hope to see you brought to justice. I will do my part to make that happen.

Hi Richard,

Without seeing your order I can only speak to the generalities. You placed and order for precious metals at a specific price, didn't pay for it, and are now upset that you were charged fees because the market moved against you? This is standard practice across all precious metals retailers. You are locking in a price and guaranteeing payment for it. We un-hedge it at that time so those losses are real, not just some fee.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I placed an order on March 24th around 12:02 am for 90 silver eagles and 3 1/2 ounce gold eagles, they debited my credit card but sent no e-mail confirmation. I called and was on hold for nearly 2 hours to be told that the order could not be found however they were able to debit my credit card. I was advised that I could repurchase with new money at a higher price silver and gold from them again, I am furious and these guys are scamming the market. DO NOT USE JM BULLION.

Hi Glen,

Can you provide me with your order number so we can review this?

Original review: March 24, 2020

Purchased a silver monster box. Sent funds via bank transfer company. Refunded my money and now trying to claim the tool a market lose and trying to charge me $1240 dollars. Buyers beware. Buy from a different bullion company. Shame on this company trying to scam me during these hard times with the corona virus. I will take this to court.

Duane,

Can you provide us with your order number or email address so we can look into this?

JM Bullion expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Located in Dallas, JM Bullion is primarily an online gold and precious metals dealer offering customer service online, via telephone and with walk-in meetings.

• Transparent pricing: Bullion prices are clearly labeled and available for comparison on the homepage.

• IRA help: Learn how to add precious metals to your retirement planning with a self-directed IRA invested in precious metals.

• Storage services: Working in partnership with TDS Vaults, JM Bullion can offer both secure storage and insurance options to its customers.

• Copper sales: Most gold dealers also offer silver, platinum and palladium, but JM Bullion also has copper coinage available.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor