2.44/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good gold dealer?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

16 JM Bullion Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

In the middle of Nov. 2018 I ordered $3500 silver rounds from JM Bullion... It was to be delivered USPS between 8 and 8 Friday, a few days following. It was a paid order. I waited all day from 8 'til 8. It was not delivered. I looked at tracking number at 8 pm... It said that it was delivered to my mailbox at 230 pm that day. My mailbox is a locking one and can only get letters in it thru a swing door... I waited 'til Monday. Called JM Bullion since they are closed weekends... They said it was tracked as having been delivered, left in mailbox... I sent JM Bullion photos of my box showing it was impossible to leave a package in my box.

Later I asked post office if they could find it. They sent a letter after a few days and said package was not insured and they didn't know where it was. Couldn't be found. JM Bullion wanted me to jump thru hoops filing claims to cover loss... And then when I refused and said I was going to cancel cc payment they said, essentially, they didn't care... JM Bullion did not ask for a signature and said they did not insure package. I will never order from JM Bullion again - a company that is irresponsible and uncaring. *Remainder of review to be sent upon response* I called today. One person hung up on me then second one refuses to give help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I was excited to purchase my first kilo of silver. However the excitement was replaced with extreme disappointment. The product I purchased was suppose to be a new hand poured Silver Towne kilo bar. The bar itself was in terrible condition, clearly circulated, not new from the refinery. It bolstered many scratches and chips. As well as an uneven finish. The color was not what I was expecting with my other purchases of new never circulated silver. It was a dull white void of any shine I have come to expect from my silver purchases. It also had brown and black what I assume are tarnish marks. It was also porous which I assume is a defect from the hand pouring process.

All I know is this is not at all what I was expecting. I have purchased smaller bars from this same company delivered sealed in an airtight lamination. I am incredibly disappointed in this kilo bar. I am currently in the process of a return/exchange. I hope my second bar is in far better condition. As it stands this bar looks like it was dipped in white paint thrown down a mountain and then rinsed off in a river. It is absolutely hideous.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Cancelled an order on Sunday before it was even shipped and will not receive my money back until Wednesday! Will never do business with such a slow company again! Stay away! They will hold your money for no reason.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have not had good customer relations with this company and now that I read the other reviews, I am suspect of the product I did get from them. Here is my experience: I sent a 1 oz gold coin to my grandson, who never picked it up from the PO. When I called JM and spoke with Laura I received NO HELP in trying to track the package. She said it was my fault and tough luck and was very unpleasant. Finally after several attempts to talk to someone, I did reach another very helpful representative (wish I could remember her name) who was willing to look into it and found that the package had indeed been returned to JM. JM had the package in their possession. I asked for a refund, BUT they sent the check to my grandson instead of me who promptly forged my signature and cashed it. So yah, my fault and tough luck. Needless to say I will be using another dealer from here on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I recently purchased 10 so-called silver coins from JM Bullion. Using very accurate laboratory equipment including balances precise to 0.1 g and metric rulers accurate to .5 mm, we calculated the density at between 8.7 and 9.0 g/cc. Silver has a density of 10.49. These are NOT silver coins! Additionally, we tested the silver content several other ways. The coins were not 1 oz., as stamped on them. They were each 31.21 grams or almost 1.1 oz. each. Before you celebrate, ask yourself who would sell you the equivalent of 11 oz. of silver when you only paid for 10?

Answer? They are NOT silver, so they have to make them a little overweight to seem as if they are. The coins also do not "ring true." When tossed or flipped against one another, they ring only very briefly, much more like bronze or copper than silver. The coins also do not conduct heat like silver. They do react to a strong magnet similarly, but copper will also exert a drag on a neodymium magnet, so all that test proves is they could be silver plated copper or maybe a copper containing bronze. Customer service assured me the coins were all verified by "XRF." They also told me to take them to a coin shop with an XRF machine to test them. I have better idea - report the fraud and see if we can get enough people to respond to start a case against JM Bullion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Worst experience with an online merchant ever - my initial order with the company was cancelled without cause or explanation. Customer no-service was useless, be warned, stay away from this company. Much more reputable dealers are available.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Every place I have went to test this through the package. They all come up fake. This one place showed me a sandwich bag full of gold plated copper with the packages that they were sealed in. JM will not buy them back unless I send them a thousand dollars worth. So now I am out $231.00 of fake gold. Do not buy from them EVER. BEWARE. Once they have your money you are solo.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I placed an order for silver and copper, when I submitted the order, The website said I did not order the minimum 100 dollars. I readjusted order and placed it, it denied order due to lack of funds. They took the funds off the first order that they did not place. When I called they said they would look into it. They took the hundred off my card, but I have no order and they have not refunded my money. Customer service seems nice the first few calls, then they get a bit nasty.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Great friendly customer service and support. Well mannered, good at what they do. I was pleased at how knowledgeable they were and eager to help with any and all of my questions. They have very fair price. Very easy to understand what was going on and very please to know they would handle it all. They made it very easy, and wanted to make me happy and be a valuable customer. They also have a lot of payment options. Glad to be a part of it, and good to be in good hands.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Shipping on all JM Bullion orders is free. They shipped my gold within 2 hours after I confirmed to order. And the website updates constantly. I compared several websites before purchasing. The prices competitive or even lower than other sites. It is a leading company in this industry. My friends recommend it to me and I also look up the reviews from previous customers, and most of them are satisfied with it. Payment options are convenient since it didn't bring me any trouble. It also has a live agent. Customers could ask for help anytime.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Spread from market value to cost is reasonable compared to other dealers. Easy to deal with. Pleasant sales representative. Quick delivery of metals. also, the mark up over market value is very reasonable. It will not take long to recoup cost of investment to make this worthwhile. Working with people who know what they are doing makes the cost worth it. They were able to help with making an investment through my self-directed IRA so that I have a stable asset within my retirement account. I forwarded the funds to a depository and they shipped my metals for me.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Helpful and knowledgeable staff made my transaction a breeze. They were able to walk me through the process quickly and efficiently so that it took no time at all. They were upfront about fees and surcharges and made sure that I was aware of them before completing my transaction. The prices listed with the prices that I paid. There were no hidden costs involved. They were very knowledgeable about the medals industry. They were always on top of trends and were able to pass that knowledge on to me. They offered all of the common payment options available online at any other online retailer. I was able to complete my payment quickly and without any problems.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

It was very simple and straightforward and took very little time or effort. The representatives were knowledgeable and very courteous throughout. The prices were consistent and I was aware of the pricing procedure from the beginning of the process until the transaction was complete. I have never had dealings with a better or more intelligent, professional, and courteous company. They are my go-to company for these transactions. There are nearly unlimited payment options including credit, debit, direct bank transfer, check, mobile options, PayPal, and the list goes on and on.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Very efficient and knowledgeable. They know what they are doing and are working for your satisfaction. No complaints. They give you a quote and tell you roughly the price very accurately before doing business. I enjoyed it and felt the price was reasonable for what I needed. They answered any and all questions that I had as well as told me common misconceptions then explained them thoroughly. Very friendly and patient to work with me. Could pay using pretty much any method.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

This place offered me a very low amount of money for a good amount of gold. When I asked why their offer was so much lower than other places I had went, all they said was "that's our policy." Their "policy" means you're going to get about half of what anywhere else will offer you. They admitted that the gold was worth a lot more than they were offering me. They feed on the desperate people and resale their gold for insane prices. I didn't sell to them but if I would have I would have gotten to get cash. That's what people want so I would think that's a good deal.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

They are a good company to do business with. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family. I would use their services again. They are very easy to work with and are professional. The prices are clear and easy to understand. I find they describe their cost and fees very well. They appear to be very knowledgable. They have good customer service, are able to explain their products and service very well. They offer a variety of payment options from PayPal to checks, money orders, cashier’s Checks and credit cards. They also offer bankwire and bitcoin

JM Bullion expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Located in Dallas, JM Bullion is primarily an online gold and precious metals dealer offering customer service online, via telephone and with walk-in meetings.

• Transparent pricing: Bullion prices are clearly labeled and available for comparison on the homepage.

• IRA help: Learn how to add precious metals to your retirement planning with a self-directed IRA invested in precious metals.

• Storage services: Working in partnership with TDS Vaults, JM Bullion can offer both secure storage and insurance options to its customers.

• Copper sales: Most gold dealers also offer silver, platinum and palladium, but JM Bullion also has copper coinage available.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg