2.8/5 (38 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About JM Bullion

Find Gold Dealers near you

Pros

• No order minimums
    • Do-it-yourself buyback program

Cons

• Higher cost for using PayPal or card
    • Minimum $1,000 buyback

Bottom Line

JM Bullion offers precious metal coins and bars both for individual retirement account investment or at-home collections. The do-it-yourself buyback program allows customers to lock in a selling price 24 hours a day.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

JM Bullion Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JM Bullion?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Buying gold, silver and copper is my preference. Yes, I have a few sites that I buy from. I still prefer doing my research and 80% of my purchases thru JM Bullion. The Silver and Gold I like getting from JM Bullion. It's quick and painless process to actually GET gold and silver from them. It's usually shipped the next day and makes it to me within three days. Tracking provided. The products I buy are exactly as described, well packaged and DISCREET! I don't need the mailman, UPS, Fedex or ANYONE knowing what I buy. Bad enough the greedy govt. knows. Longer story short? I buy confidently with JM Bullion.

Greetings Troy,

Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

There are a lot of potential ways to stress about buying precious metals online and receiving it via postal service. That's what makes JM Bullion all the more worth it to me. I am a professional worrier, but JM does not leave much room in their process to become uncertain or concerned. The instructions and confirmations they send via email are timely and make information easy to find. I didn't feel stressed about the wire transfer being sent on time and successfully (which is good because I had a slight delay due to my banking app) because they're very good about sending you status updates, not sending you a billion unnecessary emails, and making subject lines clear so you don't miss them.

My tracking code was sent very early on and using USPS as the carrier was also a lot less anxiety-inducing than FedEx, because I could easily refresh my tracking page whenever curious to see the status and I could selectively choose what kind of alerts I wanted them to send (including whether they should send it by email or phone - very smart of them to do). My package wasn't priority shipping but still arrived promptly without delay; in any case, I never had to wonder where it was. My package was well-packed to keep things from jostling around in the box, which I appreciated because it made it unlikely someone could shake it around to get an idea of what was inside. The box itself was also plain and inconspicuous, and they included a sheet of my itemized order so you can immediately check that everything is where it should be.

All-in-all, I found that ordering from JM Bullion was very smooth and as simple as it could be for something like precious metals. You get the impression that they prioritize efficiency without cutting corners regarding the customer experience. I like that they take their business and customers very seriously and plan on ordering from them in the future.

Oh, and something I REALLY appreciated that you just never see with most online businesses - they don't sign you up for promotional emails automatically once you order something! I think that's absolutely wonderful honestly, that they give you the option to sign up for promotions and news separately and respect your wishes to not receive those emails even if you use their services. As someone who works in digital marketing, this told me everything I needed to know about how much they prioritize long-term customer loyalty and their brand reputation.

Greetings Tessa,

Thank you for your feedback.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2022

A recent order of mine was lost the day after pickup for USPS priority outbound. I waited a few days to contact JMB because I work in e-commerce management, and since the original surge - myself and my agents have noticed that carriers frequently wait a few days to scan the packages or sometimes don't even bother to scan until the package is at the recipient's local distribution facility. We get dozens of calls daily accusing us of just leaving product on the warehouse floor and not handing it off to carrier drivers because tracking says waiting for pickup (read: not scanned yet!). Because, you know, that makes GREAT business sense. Welcome to the latter years of the first quarter of the 21st century.

Thankfully, especially having never read the FAQs (READ THEM!), my Spidey senses kicked in after 3 days and I wanted to notify JMB just in case. Their claims department wrote me back within a couple of hours and opened a case for investigation (no, not the BS excuse you get from a low dollar retailer - these guys do conduct an investigation with a capital I, with paperwork you need to fill out and certify and everything). They said that it could take up to 30 business days. Everything during these COVID days takes longer, trust me.

I got a weekly e-mail with updates which amounted to nothing, and I accepted that because I know how delayed things are these days. Just shy of 25 business days, they sent me paperwork that I promptly printed, signed, scanned, and e-mailed back to the claims department. In less than 24 hours, my original order was re-shipped with UPS 3 day select which somehow shipped out at 9pm from Vegas that day and was on my doorstep the next day (Washington dc area) at 3pm.

All retailers should post banners all over their sites saying please read our FAQs for the love of God. Please understand that this will scare buyers away because most people in this world are functionally, but not literally, illiterate. That being said, please do some due diligence if you are looking to purchase precious metals.

Keyword precious. Act accordingly as if you are buying something precious. I gave myself unnecessary panic attacks during the claims process because all I read were negative reviews online. If you don't mind the premium, you can just buy with a credit card and go with that route, but if you are the type to buy PMs, I would imagine that you would want to get that premium down as much as possible.

Greetings Christopher,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for your business.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am very happy with my most recent purchase of some silver coins featuring British coats of arms. I know my purchase wasn't a huge investment, but I'm a very casual collector and I make such purchases frequently, both with JM Bullion and elsewhere. My shopping cart here is already growing. And I must say that I enjoy and feel most comfortable patronizing this site above all the others. The above referenced purchase and the others have all included top quality products at reasonable prices delivered quickly. Additionally, the product selection is really quite good.

My only critique is that my coins came secured within the outside packaging (which itself was very good and secure, btw) by those flimsy plastic sleeves. Had the two coins shifted only a little bit more during shipping, the coins would have been in contact and would likely have caused scratches to each other. I know this arrangement is pretty standard, but I think JM Bullion could upgrade to capsules and distinguish itself from its competitors a bit. At the very least, I would have loved the option to have my coins shipped this way upon checkout. In my mind, this is the only facet of my experience keeping me from giving JM Bullion five stars.

Greetings Mark,

Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I have been ordering from JM and have been happy with the product. I do think they could spend some time with their customer service dept. The man I spoke with last month seemed arrogant. I really didn't care for his tone or attitude. He came across to me as if this company was doing me a favor selling to me. Customer service is important. I suggest you work on that and you could be 5 star.

Greetings Izzie,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry about your recent shopping experience with us.

I have sent you a private message in an effort to investigate your case further.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Bought 180 1 oz. Silver Dollars...Attempted to sell 40 at an agreed price...When JM received the silver they felt 25 of the 40 were "milky"..So they offered less for those pieces they originally sold me..Apparently, JM sold me "milky" silver or they are not being honest...2/3rds of the 180 pieces may be "milky"??? Needless to say, I will not buy from or sell to JM again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

On October 13, I placed an order for (3) 1oz Valcambi Gold Bars using JMs ACH payment system (which is basically a checking debit). This was my first and last time using this fraudulent company. The following day, the funds cleared and the money was removed from my account and into JM Bullion's account. To my HORROR, I received an email from JM on 10/20/22 stating that they cancelled my order due to their sketchy “Internal Review System”. I called them, verified all my information, and this was not good enough. They CANCELED MY ORDER WITH NO EXPLANATION AND REFUSED TO REFUND ME unless I signed some ridiculous legal contract that they have drawn up. The legal contract that they want you to sign pretty much requires a lawyer to understand it. It’s 4 pages long and when you read it, it makes it sounds like JM is trying to weasel their way out of having to refund your money.

Why would the buyer have to sign a complicated legal document to receive a refund when JM is the one who canceled the order, took the money, and provided zero explanation?! You can’t make this stuff up folks. Perhaps the worst “customer service” in the universe. They stole over $5,200 from me, failed to send the gold, never provided an explanation, and are holding my hard earned money hostage. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! DO NOT TRUST! They will NOT get away with this and I will fight this with every ounce of energy I have until I receive every penny of my money back.

Hello Lusine,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience. Our records indicate that you spoke with our Sr. Operations Manager (Sib) earlier today at 1:25 PM CST and you both are working together towards a resolution.

Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I had purchased a gold bar from JM and had no issues. However, I recommended the website to my parents and my mother made a purchase of (5) 1oz gold bars using their ACH payment system. The money was transferred to JM. 5 days later they sent my mother (who is 64 years old) an email that said they had cancelled her order “due to their internal review process” with NO FURTHER explanation. My mother even spoke to them on the phone, still no explanation as to why they cancelled her order and they said they would refund her money. THERE IS MORE!

My mom then received an email from JM Bullion, instructing her to sign an online contract agreeing that she would NOT notify her bank to pursue a refund as a pre-requisite for her to receive her money back from JM Bullion. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. Does this make sense??? NOPE! The website violated our trust then want us to sign an online contract???? This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Avoid at all costs. We will not allow these scammers to get away with this!

Greetings Dro,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that your parents had to go through our internal review process. I checked the order notes that you shared with us via screenshots and it appears that we spoke with your parents late last week and the case is only a step away from a resolution.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Used JM Bullion multiple times (38 times) before this issue, Purchased a product and tracking information did not update. I reported it nine days later (their policy is seven CALENDAR days for a claim), they denied the claim to send me the product I ordered or to refund my money. USPS has proof that JM Bullion never sent a package and only created a shipping label. This customer is out the money and didn’t receive the product… This is another company that proves the customer is always wrong.

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your recent experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to look into your case for you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ordered a gold coin from them and paid via ACH, and the payment cleared the next day. I was then informed by JM Bullion that they could not fulfill the order (which was a sale item), and that a market loss fee would be applied to the refund. After three weeks of email communication, they advised the date on which the refund would be issued - this was not honored either. Now waiting for the issue to be forwarded to their billing department, per the last communication I've received.

Hello Cristian,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to get additional details of your order to look into it for you.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

JM Bullion Company Information

2011
        11700 Preston Road Ste 660153
        Dallas
        TX
        www.jmbullion.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: