1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 93 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for a mortgage provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

101 Fannie Mae Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 22, 2015

I looked at this condo advertised as almost 1600 square feet. It had a daylight basement so I specifically asked about mold or moisture problems. Because I went into the hospital, my real estate agent arranged for an inspection. I was not told of the closing date for almost a month after the condo had closed. After I knew it closed I took my contractor out to give me a bid and a neighbor walked up and said "don't buy that condo, there was mold halfway up the back wall." The mold abatement company told me the mold been painted over several times.

When I called Fannie Mae they told me the real estate agent had all the information from the coordinator from Fannie Mae. They would not give me any work orders. The listing agent denies knowledge of the mold. During the abatement I found out the basement room was a converted garage and had never been permitted. When all of the sheetrock was removed in the basement I found two severe structural problems. I had to get a structural engineer. I am still waiting for the county permit. I have an attorney but this whole thing has been overwhelming and I don't know where to turn.

Original review: July 13, 2015

Very disappointed what listing's Agent of Fannie Mae Homepath properties are doing currently. As we know, after market went down on 2007 Investors buy all the properties and they made themselves richer than they were. Now, banks start approving loans to qualified buyers but these listing's agent still choose investor's offers. Apparently good people who want to become homeowner and make their dreams come true don't have that opportunity thru Fannie Mae HomePath. They want an opportunity to give something good and special like a Home for their families but some people's greed knows no limits. Very Sad.

Original review: July 11, 2015

I wish that I read all of this before paying $75 and taking that required course for 3% closing help. I have been watching a FM property for a few months dropped to a great price. Went to see it put a contract on it on July 9. So I figure 3 business days for an answer. No contracts per the agent. The biggest deterrent she said was the vinyl flooring FM put through the entire house which is fine with me because I'm putting in wood floors anyway. So I figure no interest and been on the market for 85 days they should respond pretty quickly. Well after reading all of these reviews I don't know what to expect from them. Will update when things start to happen.

Original review: July 7, 2015

To say that we BEYOND angry and frustrated with Fannie Mae/Homepath is the understatement of the century. We have been looking at a property since February. It finally was put "on the market" and we made an offer, over asking price with a deadline to have submitted by X day at X time. We did. But then got not one but two separate phone calls over the course of 3 days saying that Fannie Mae kept extending the deadline due to increased interest. The games they are playing may not be illegal but UNethical... YES. No wonder they are a joke in the housing market. We are so sad to have lost out on this home due to GREED!!! Fannie Mae, you are a disgusting low-life slimeball government agency!!!

Original review: July 6, 2015

My fiancé is buying a home in Auberry Ca. Everything has been going great. Our offer was accepted, inspection and appraisal took place and we submitted all repairs that needed to be done to Fannie mae. They did them by our closing date. Sounds wonderful, right?! NOT!!! We were told that we would need to extend our escrow until June 30 when it was originally set for June 17, 2015. So, thinking we would have it completed by then we put everything in storage and went on vacation thinking that when we came back we could sign and move into our home. However, while on vacation we learned there was a lien from the previous owner that needed to be satisfied and recorded. We were told by our realtor that the lien had been taken care of but only needed to be recorded by Fannie mae.

We've returned from vacation, signed another extension, we're homeless and living with family. The home is so small that my children are living with my oldest daughter until Fannie Mae pulls their heads out of their butts and files the necessary documents. I received court papers from my ex asking for custody modification because I'm "homeless". I've been told "sorry" by the realtor. We are going on 75 days of escrow and there is no timeline. No one will tell us anything!!!

Fannie Mae doesn't care about anyone! It's their timeline at their pace! How difficult can it really be to file a satisfaction on a lien!!! We don't want to back out because we have so much money into this! If we were to go and rent something we would be using money from our savings. This is crazy and ridiculous and absolutely frustrating!! To top it all off the family we are staying with will be moving out of state in less than two weeks so we will be definitely homeless then. If anyone can help explain the process it would so appreciated!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fannie Mae?

Original review: July 2, 2015

Client purchased a property Fannie Mae presented as 3 units but city claims it is only 2 units.

Original review: June 21, 2015

As a realtor, I looked for the best deal for my clients. I found this Fannie Mae property at a good price. My buyer wanted to purchase it. We signed a contract and gave the FM deposit and the required loan commitment which meant the buyer to lock in a loan and pay the fees. Fannie Mae refused to make the house available for inspection with lots of excuses. As a result, my buyer did not close on time and that cost him money and time spent. The only reason I would think of is the buyer nationality (his name) so the manager at FM did not think he deserve to be a home owner. I will try to avoid Fannie Mae properties in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2015

Any and everyone that will listen I have told my story to. After a year of looking for a home I found a foreclosure home Fannie Mae owned, put in an offer they accepted. Did a home inspection the house had foundation issues, mold, and plumbing problems. I still wanted the house so I countered either fix the issues or go down in price and I can fix the problems - they refused. Not only did they refuse I had to fight to get my earnest money back. Not to mention the plumbing problems they supposedly had fixed prior to the inspection I had, which wasn't fixed.

Literally a week later the house I wanted dropped 14,000 dollars. Now I'm mad, confused and excited. Mad and confused because they wouldn't do down a few thousand for me to fix the issue but drops it 14,000 dollars so I submit another offer for full price - they denied me. I'm curious how Fannie Mae operates! Like I stated previously I will tell my story to any and everyone. I get a email from Fannie Mae requesting I call them so I did.

My conversation literally from the rep was just submit another offer, Fannie Mae doesn't have to tell you why they rejected the offer. I said "I submitted full price, I sent a letter in writing, what else could I do?" Her suggestion was keep submitting offers. I'm like "Seriously?" She was no help at all. Not only was she no help I don't think she was paying attention because I repeated myself and my situation over and over. I would never buy from Fannie Mae and I suggest anyone looking to purchase please do your research and save you some time. This is the short version of my story so I hope someone takes what everyone is saying and run with it!

Original review: June 5, 2015

For the past few days, I felt like I was the only one swindled by Fannie Mae. I read this site and others. Now I know others have been through the same thing with Fannie Mae. It is the usual story - under contract to buy a foreclosure. Had to put down $2000 buy cashier's check. This week June 2 I had the mortgage commitment, homeowner's insurance, appraisal done, home inspection done and closing date schedule for June 11. Title search comes back with a judgement lien by the city of Middletown. Therefore the property cannot be sold. Of course by June 2 I had given notice to vacate my apt and arranged a moving company. Now I will be homeless in a few weeks. Never buy a Fannie Mae home path property. It is a scam.

Original review: May 20, 2015

While the ready buyer program seems like a good way to save 3% on closing costs, it was just a waste of $75 for my family. We did everything the course instructed and had solid financial funding from a local bank but our offer was rejected even though it was above asking price. There was no explanation and no refund of the $75. The money they are giving people in closing costs are coming straight out of pockets of consumers like me. I've had a terrible experience with Fannie Mae and wish I would have never had tried to buy from them. Despite what they say about caring about homeowners, they are only concerned with the bottom line and will do anything to get as much money out of consumers. Be very careful when working with them.

Original review: May 15, 2015

We searched and searched. Found a home we absolutely fell in love with. We looked at all things considered. Water was off holes in the ceiling from pipes being evaluated possibly busted. Mold in the basement from leaking roof, etc. All things considered we still wanted the house. We considered the comps in the area, the costs to make the house habitable and of course asking price. Well asking price was 309,000, we offered 255,000 and 5000 towards closing costs. We went through and had a mortgage first guaranteeing our financing cause it had already been run through underwriters, etc. ANYWAY submit the offer, next day we get email stating multiple offers. Hmmmm ok. So we needed to go higher again. We evaluated all things and countered at 280,000 with 5000 towards closing.

NOW mind you our realtor was told by the listing agent that prior to our offer there had not been an offer in at least a week. Anyway we submit new offer. NO RESPONSE over a week. My realtor reached out again. This time he was told they are accepting our offer and will have approval by next day at 12. Great, this is awesome. Seeing as though we have sold our home and are quickly approaching our move out date, here it is day of approval and we get an email rejecting our offer. We are floored.

FANNIE MAE leaves people dangling, no answers, no responses so much for trying to get good people into a house they will invest in. The realtor and Fannie Mae all knew about our deadline. The fact that they have blatant disregard for good business practices, the government wants to reform this and that they need to look at this fraudulent terrible company who treats people like dirt. Lying, deceitful business practices. Unethical. Why lie to people. Typical government agency. Will never look at purchasing another Home Path home ever. They care more about selling properties to businesses and investors than they care to sell them the tax paying citizens who will rehab love and grow a family in the house, as opposed to someone who just wants to flip it for a profit!!!!! Thanks for nothing, you heartless, insensitive, mindless bureaucrat sitting behind a desk pushing pencils.

Original review: May 14, 2015

I got a Fannie Mae Homepath house under contract and even though our contract stated that Fannie Mae would de-winterize the house and turn on utilities for inspections, they refused to follow the contract. Luckily, I found an inspector that wasn't afraid to turn the water on in the yard. My inspector was very good at his job and saw some cracks in the walls and found doors that would not close and lock properly so he suggested I have the foundation looked at. Unfortunately, my lender required that be done and I had to pay out of pocket for any needed repairs so I walked away from a really great house. Now I'm waiting and hoping I get my earnest money back. I don't get how they can ignore their own contract. I decided not to pursue another house with them.

Original review: April 21, 2015

I read a review on this site about someone who had bought a Fannie Mae property and then found out it had burst pipes that were going to cost a fortune to fix. I had a similar experience but was able to get it resolved. Before buying the house I wanted the house inspected and the bank required an appraisal. To do this the water and heat had to be turned on. Fannie Mae hired a plumbing outfit who I believe incorrectly stated that many pipes were broken and therefore they were refusing to turn the water on, despite the fact that, even if this were the case, every radiator and pipe section in the house had independent shutoff so turning it out should not have been a problem.

I pointed out that in section 5B in their own addendum it states that if a buyer requests the house to be dewinterized the seller must have it dewinterized. In order to do this, since they claimed they wouldn't turn it on because of the broken pipes, they ended up paying the plumbers $4000 (amazingly, despite $4000 and a claim of broken pipes no walls were broken into. One small hole over the kitchen area. Plumbers must have quite the hourly rate!). By the way, you have to have some fortitude on this. The Fannie Mae representative when first contacted aggressively tried to deny they had any responsibility but I followed with letters and additional contact which later resulted in the original agent coming back with a much meeker tone in his voice.

Original review: April 18, 2015

My family and I were looking at house in Florida and found this perfect one. After wanting to bid on it, we find that it is a FNMA house. We were at first excited cause we could potentially get this house cheaper than it was and only need to do minor things to the house. We put in our bid and we're not asking too much off and the bank or whoever handled their end says "no and the price is the price we will not budge." It's amazing that their own website says they want to help families own a piece of the American dream but they want to squeeze every last cent out of you in the process.

All I can say is I am glad I found this website with these other ppl that have complained about the very thing I was going thru. Cause we could have potential lost 2500 in earnest money. IN MY OPINION AND HOPEFULLY OTHER PPL DO THEIR RESEARCH. LET FANNIE MAE SIT ON THEIR HOUSE TILL THEY START TO LOSE MONEY ON THEM.

Original review: April 13, 2015

Our originally closing date was on a Thursday. Everything was set on our end to close. However, Fannie Mae kept on pushing the closing date because they were irresponsible on their end. They LOST our earnest money deposit (even though they signed that they received it), causing them to push the closing date to the following Wednesday, they then were still not ready by Wednesday so had to push the closing date again to Friday. Friday rolls around and by this time had canceled the EMD cashiers check. I ended up wiring over the full down payment and finally signed at about 5 pm on Friday. HOWEVER, had no received keys yet.

It's currently Monday (10 days after original closing date) and am being told that they have not yet received my signed closing documents even though we faxed them over. Was told they should receive them tomorrow (Tuesday) but have to give them "at least 48 hours to review," meaning, it may or may not be Thursday that I actually get keys. I'm still holding my breath for late July sometime (currently mid April). I HIGHLY recommend NEVER using Fannie Mae for your home purchase no matter how great of a deal it is. They are a bunch of idiots who are incredibly disorganized and have no clue what they're doing.

Original review: March 25, 2015

We made an offer on a Fannie Mae foreclosure at 200 22nd Avenue, SE, St. Petersburg, Florida 33705. The offer was accepted and we went ahead with the inspection as well as signed and submitted all required paperwork. Then after not hearing anything back, our real-estate agent told us we had to remake our offer. (I still do not understand why.) Regardless, we did repeat the offer process, but this time we were told that our offer was rejected. Weeks later we were asked again to make an offer if we were still interested. We did and this time the offer was accepted (again).

For the next 60 days we heard nothing from Fannie Mae as we arranged financing, appraisals and insurance. Near the end of the period Fannie Mae asked for an extension. At this time we were pretty frustrated over the whole experience and since Fannie Mae could not provide title months later, we let the contract lapse. I have purchased and sold other homes in the past and never had such a bad experience.

Original review: March 16, 2015

We made an offer on a foreclosed house, a Fannie Mae house. During the inspection a major water problem was found. We asked for enough time to get the problem resolved because our lender would not lend the money until the problem was resolved. We could not get an answer from Fannie Mae for several days and finally at the last minute of the due diligence, the answer was no more time allowed. Our realtor could not understand and we could not understand. Getting in touch with Fannie Mae was extremely difficult during negotiation. We really wanted to purchase this house.

Original review: March 11, 2015

My wife and I found a house that would fit our needs listed for 108k in East Providence, RI. We did our walk through with our agent and all looked well and we were pre qualified VA. Put in offer of 125k with 5k back for closing going VA. Offer accepted... Sound familiar... signed P&S on a Friday along with earnest money of 1k and as the contract was in seller's agent hands. My agent was informed on the following Monday and then informed us as well that the pipes had frozen.

My agent said they would put up to 5k into the house to prepare it for inspection. We were ok with that. We let our agent know the snow needed to also be removed from the garage for an all structure VA inspection. That is when the whole deal seemed to go south. The seller's agent, according to my agent, told her they could not dewinterize the house due to cracked pipes with no response on the previous conversation of repairs. What to do... now. We filed a generic release of purchase and sales agreement & escrowed funds. The seller would not sign it... They want to send an in house one.

Meantime the house is relisted for the original 108k price. Guess they satisfied the sale to someone who will live in it part of their BS paper work we signed and can now sell to a flipper. If there is a good reason for this kind practice while putting families through this kind of stress what is the point of the first look in the first place if Fannie mae has no intention of dealing honestly with a home buyer.

My next step is to look at the paperwork they send and take it to my friend who has been doing contract negotiation work for 30 years. I'm sure my agent will flip out when we walk out with their release form. Then there is the "earnest money"! Will we Get it back? If you are lucky enough to find this site before buying a house, you will have an idea of what you may be in for if you look at a Fannie Mae house for sale. I can tell you that my wife and I did all that redesign in conversation and on paper. Maybe there is a legal solution to what is being perpetrated on the public. But this is a gov. funded organization, is it not?

Original review: March 6, 2015

I signed a contract with Fannie Mae on a house December 1, 2014 with a closing date of December 28, 2014. They chose that date and I agreed. I sent them 16500 in earnest money and I cashed out stock so I could purchase the house in cash. They extended the closing 6 times because they needed to do repairs in order to dewinterize the house. For some reason they couldn't get it together enough to do the repairs. On March 3, three months after we signed the contract, they cancelled the contract. The only reason they gave is 'seller decision'.

The sellers agent said they don't have to give a reason. I looked on HomePath and the house is back on the market!! So I cashed out my stock, cashed out a portion of my 401k to give them the outrageous amount of earnest money they demanded and gave my landlord notice. Now I don't have a home to move to. They are untrustworthy, lazy, and don't care about potential homeowners. I would tell anyone I know to stay far away from Fannie Mae/HomePath homes. I was warned, and now I am left with nothing but months of frustration.

Original review: March 3, 2015

Have an offer with Homeopath and upon my inspection found out the property has asbestos. It is within my 10 days inspection. Fannie Mae will not fix or lower the price even although it is a health and safety issue. I submitted the text result from the lab. So after spending hundreds of dollars in inspection I am force to walk away. What type of government agency that our taxpayers are paying for. They don't care about your health and list property that has no disclosure and even after bringing it to their attention they said they won't fix it and refuse to lower the price putting any future buyer or inspector at risk and committing fraud by not disclosing vital information. Where is honesty and where is a heart to sell REO with asbestos to another buyer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

My story begins with entering the real estate market as a landlord. My story has a good ending, but it wasn't because Fannie Mae did anything to help...Quite the opposite. In July of 2014, I had my realtor submit an offer on an REO. After a few counter-offers and normal contingencies, the purchase process was set in motion. To my surprise, the listing realtor and Fannie Mae made it impossible to have my bank perform a home inspection and the contract eventually fell out of compliance and expired. I reentered into contract, but this time I had to put another $500 up... so I did. As the process moved along, my bank was still not allowed in for inspection. The listing realtor notified my realtor 10 days before expiration that the gas in the house could not be turned on and therefore the plumbing could not be de-winterized.

So me being the determined one, I took the issue on head first and contacted Fannie Mae and the listing realtor and it was like talking to a rock. They didn't care and both quoted a line out of the purchase contract... "time is of the essence!". My reaction was "are you serious?" I am the only one trying to move the transaction. Not one person made a positive attempt to close the deal. I was told that I would lose the earnest money because I had allowed the contract to fall out again. So in a last ditch effort, I told them I would pay with cash. This is where things get nuts.

After I notified them that I would be paying with cash, both were suddenly enabled to communicate. I was told this time that I would need to send them another 10% of the purchase price ahead of time because all cash purchases are required to have a certain percentage down. However, this was 2 days before the actual close was scheduled and the contract was to expire. If for some reason the contract had expired or not closed, I risked losing even more earnest money.

Fortunately my letter to 120 people and phone calls, including politicians persuaded Fannie Mae's leadership to accept my cash offer and close the deal without any further pain. Now I see similar complaints to mine and I am submitting this to let others know that they are not alone and that Fannie Mae has some big problems... From my perspective the top 3 problems are:
1. The leadership does not care
2. They generate revenue by not closing transactions

3. They have less than normal moral standards and bully people through intimidation tactics

By the way, the property I purchased also needed the sanitary line replaced, since it had cracked from not being winterized prior to being winterized. Fannie Mae knew this and had paid to have a remodeler come in and install a new ceiling and kitchen. They covered the cracked sanitary line with framing and drywall. Looked newly remodeled. How do I know this? Because the home had been in contract 6 times before and everyone else had the same issue of the inspection... Shame, shame on Fannie Mae. The house is fully repaired and rented... But it wasn't because Fannie Mae did anything to help. They won't help you and they will only try and stop you.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

I notice a lot of Fannie Mae homes on the Big Island, and am thinking of buying one. I notice that they seem to stay on the market for a long time. I also cannot get a straight answer as to the process, possible length of time to close, or even if Fannie Mae does a termite inspection and remediation. It seems to me that they favor flippers as several homes that I have seen come up for auction and end up back on the market. Are they serious about selling to individuals or is this just another housing scam? Also, I cannot find out if there are liens or possible liens on the properties. SMDH.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

So Fannie Mae accepts my offer for a house in Boca Raton about a month ago, 3k below asking price. I get an inspector and he tells me there are termites and the roof needs to be done. Right there I should have walked away but I understand these things happen. We tell FM about the inspection report and they say "Ok get an appraisal done." The appraisal comes in 4k more than our accepted offer. So we tell Fannie Mae we want 17k for the roof to be replaced (this is the lowest quote of all that we received). They kill the deal with no negotiating. So I ask for my 10k down back and they all of sudden want to make a deal.

Here's the funny part, the clown at Fannie Mae says he'll give me the property now for 5k more than what the accepted and told me no to the roof. He said inspections are for buyers not sellers. What type of wall street failures do they have working there? Seems like he dragged me along just to get an appraisal done. Pretty pathetic. Not going that route ever again, should have listened to a lot of people telling me how low FM is.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

At one time I actually thought that Fannie Mae cared about home ownership but now I think they are just interested in taking people's homes. I made the great mistake of moving in 2005 and buying a home priced at four times its actual value but I didn't know it until a year later. My mortgage was with Countrywide and my note and mortgage were never properly transferred. Their lawyers and the judges didn't care that this violated the law. Neither Bank of America as servicer for Fannie Mae or Fannie Mae was willing to talk about any principal reduction or any reasonable modification because I did not have financial need.

They took my home in 2014 and stuck me with a 1099 for $250K, $70K more than the original loan amount of $180K for interest accrued during the years that they took to foreclose so don't tell me I lived free. The mortgage relief act had expired so I have to claim that on my taxes. My credit was ruined. I am no longer a homeowner and maybe never will be. They were worse than a bank. They just don't care. No one seems to care.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I bought a property in Illinois from Fannie Mae. It had taped signs on the toilet saying that it had been winterized. After turning on the water, that house was a big colander, pipes burst everywhere, walls have to be removed, numerous pipes replaced. They should not put any misleading information or visible signs inside these properties. Now to repair this is going to be thousands! This property will be inhabitable until I have the money for these repairs.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

So they steal the homes they are selling using bad documentation made up by banks. Then they sell to you or better foreigners who will pay more and get green cards. We are being duped. WE ALL ARE LOSERS, except the banks with the help of Fannie Mae who stole the deeds and titles of our land! WAKE UP!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I moved out of my home January 21st. I received my check later on that week on the 24th. First off, they tried getting my keys without having the check like they promised the day I moved out. I refused to give them the keys without my money. Well I went to several check cashing places including ACE and Walmart with no success on cashing this check. They have only 1 number to call to speak to one guy who verifies the checks. He never answers the phone. I've been trying to verify a check from Fannie Mae from 9:30 am this morning until close of business with no results. My next step will be to call the Attorney General if this problem isn't rectified by tomorrow. I'm stuck with nowhere to go because I can't cash this check and put it in rent and deposit for another home.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

The house we were very interested in was vacant for over a year. We submitted a bid in November 2014 and it was accepted. We tried for over a month to get into home for a home inspection and were never allowed into the house. Then we were told that the furnace was not operational so if we still wanted the house we had to pay additional monies. We didn't because we were told to make our best offer and we did so they terminated the contract (they breached the contract). Then they lowered the price $10k and put back on the market without a furnace.

I made another offer contingent on home inspection and furnace and was turned down again. I was told by my realtor that they sold to someone with a rehab loan. Of course my lender had steered me away from a rehab loan due to the high interest rates or PMI so I listened. Fannie Mae is a rip off and they are engaging in fraudulent real estate deals. Additionally the team I worked with wasn't the "A" team and we were so disappointed and the real estate market is corrupt and Fannie Mae is leading the pack.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I am in the process of trying to buy the home mention above for full listing price of 139,900 & willing to pay cash. I was rejected & counter with an amount of 150,000. I did have a history with this house. Tried to get a loan when it was listed 149,900. My loan was rejected.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

Our experience trying to purchase a Home Path property was a nightmare. We placed a full price bid on the property and we were told there were multiple bids and to bring our highest and best offer. We loved the property so we bid $10,000 over asking, for a total bid of $150,000. The property had been inspected by Home Path and some issues were disclosed but upon our inspection, there were many more issues. Many of these issues we were prepared to fix ourselves but we could not secure financing until the property was brought to code, and the water could be turned on - every plumbing connection in the home leaked, caused wood rot in all cabinets and floors.

During inspection the upstairs bathroom leaked so badly water was dripping from the kitchen ceiling within 15 minutes of turning the water on. This didn't not scare us away, we proceeded to get all out inspections and bids on the work and requested a $10,000 price reduction and to convert to a renovation loan. Home Path would not reduce the price and would not extend the closing date so we could finance through a renovation loan. We had no choice but to walk away.

We were now out $700 in inspections and Home Path would not return our $1000 in due diligence. This was heartbreaking, we loved this home and had already pictured our family living there. Heartbreak turned to anger when a week after re-listing the property Home Path dropped the price to $129,900, $10,000 below our offer. I thought real estate in our country was overhauled in an effort to return ethical business practices to the home buying process, apparently Fannie Mae is exempt. My message to you: BUYER BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH FANNIE MAE!

Fannie Mae Company Information