Citibank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I opened a checking account online and deposited my paycheck through ATM. In spite of my company's bank clearing the paycheck I deposited, Citibank's policy, holds the funds for 10 days. Unfriendly supervisor said this is a policy based on a new client's relationship with Citibank. What a way to establish a relationship with new customers?! Now I'm stuck and all my bills has to wait. Albeit they have the cash, by holding it, they made money out of my own money. I read most of the reviews here by other customers. Got me worried. Customer supervisor said my money will be available on Wednesday, 5/10/17. What I'm afraid of is that like the other customers, they will block my card &/or account without informing me. I'm closing my account as soon as I get my money back and will spread by word this very wrong practice of Citibank.

I've been using Citibank for about 2 years and it really wasn't until over a year in did I begin to encounter issues. Mostly with the online website. In terms of using the card I've had fine experiences with no issue. It's just the online website. First issue was in mid-2016 when suddenly I was locked out of my online account even though all my information was correct. I went through the verification process online and password reset service for hours before I gave up and called. The reset system would never send the verification code and just kept looping me through menus. Turned out they suspected fraud and locked the online account? Well, why not have a message that appears saying to call them in the first place? Every message I encountered prior to that implied the problem was my fault such as incorrect name/password. Didn't bother to ever call me or send an email alert that they had fraud suspicions the entire time.

The sad thing is I hadn't logged in to Citi for months because I wasn't using the card much. So I could have potentially been sitting on a fraud problem for months the whole time with no notice had I not logged in on a whim that day and found myself stumped with the issue. Second issue goes right back to the online website. For whatever reason I faced yet again, another login problem despite my password not changing for a long time. The reset password function didn't work on Google Chrome and pressing the reset button did nothing. Loaded nothing at all. I had to try again and open up Mozilla Firefox, this time it worked. However when I get to the verification process where they want to send a code to my phone OR use my security questions. Oh, suddenly the security questions can't be retrieved and I'm forced to use the phone call. Okay, fine. Ask to be called and not texted.

The phone call never comes! I tried 3 times to get it to call me. Then out of anger I tried the stupid text method. Guess what? Text never came either. This is the exact problem I had before when I was locked out due to fraud. When I called, you damn well guessed it. They locked my account again due to suspected fraud and yet again for months I wouldn't have known because I rarely ever log in only every couple months to download monthly statements. No prior call or email alert.

I could have potentially been sitting on fraud for months once again. The real kicker in it all; nothing was found fraudulent on my account either time. I have no idea what I'm spending or doing to trigger them to lock my account every couple months but it wasn't like this in 2015 when I opened the account. No employee I speak to seems to know what I'm doing to trigger fraud lock either. Only in the past year has the online website been really screwy with me and I'm tired of it. Had I just been told to call them upfront to unlock it, it might not be so annoying to have to play the online verification game for 10 minutes prior, even if the reason I'm locked out in the first place is bogus.

Worst banking services. In 11/2016 I lost debit card, called and had replaced within days. Forward to 1/2017 when payroll deposited in account. I tried to withdraw rent $$ and ATM declined. It took me over an hour and 4 calls to customer service to get unblocked and my money. Issues with ATM withdrawals continues every payday from 1/2017 - 5/2017. Every payday I had problems and many calls to get my money... Then rep began (2/2017) stating it was occurring because of security issue and account flagged. I questioned why and I never had any issues. Always told "We can't give you that info, it's policy". Upset I've been as never receiving any info about security issues on my account but told otherwise without answers is disturbing.

Tonight I called as payroll came in and I noticed (viewing online bank acct) that huge overdraft deducted. I asked rep for info and was told that deduction applied on 5/5 (purchases made 5/2 and deposited immediately from account), and additional for non Citibank ATM usages. I pulled receipts and told rep that purchases done 5/2 and deposited that day per my online app, and records show 2x usage of non Citibank ATM (2 x $2.50) not 8 x they charged. Told now that Citibank does show on online app deposited day of but actually if payor doesn't deduct next day, it's put back into your account until deducted (could be 3-5 days later), that I should call every few days to check actual balance (not online application).

As for ATM issue, rep stated Some locations AREN'T actually Citibank contracted and I went to one that wasn't. WRONG (all 7-11 stores are Citibank contracted). I advised I've been using this Citibank ATM inside 7-11 for 3 years, and I know it's contracted, and I have to call every month to get this fixed. Rep was rude and placed me on hold, then hung up on me. I'm withdrawing all $$ in morning and closing my account. Never dealt with such horrible reps and have had to go thru hoops just to get my $$.

I receive a credit card solicitation about once a week from Citibank, and have for about 8 weeks. I have written at least three times, telling them to quit sending me their solicitations. It feels like they are harassing me.

I received the fraud alert warning - just voice message. I was trying to reach the number provided. Waiting for last 45 minutes. No live connection. For last one year, I am ending up spending at least 30 to 45 minutes for simple issues too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citibank?

Paid account in full on due date 4/14/2017. Citibank deducted from my account that day and sent receipt reflecting zero balance. New billing period started 4/18/2017. I was charged 30.00 interest on a zero balance. The lackey mumbled something unintelligible to justify. Even said if he were me he would also see why this made no sense. Which it did not. This is called STEALING. CITIBANK IS RUN BY CRIMINALS, THIEVES AND LIARS. THE SAME JACKASSES WE ALREADY BAILED OUT. Don't do business with these cheats. You too will have your money stolen sooner or later.

Not only does Citibank charge a fee for foreign transaction, they block the card when I travel abroad. I am a physician that does a fair amount of international travel. In China while buying flowers in a very large establishment, the card got refused! Flowers??? The morons at Citibank have not figured that card thieves don't use the card for flowers??? To add insult to injury, their truly idiotic process alert you by email! Great! Half of the world use Gmail and of course Gmail is not available in China! Excellent system! Anyone at Citibank travels?

During another trip in Russia, similar story: email requesting a phone call! No kidding! Does Citibank not know you are traveling? Those airport and airline purchase are no indicators? I will cancel the Costco Citibank and go back to Amex that had a clearly superior system and excellent customer service. The cashback from Citibank is not worth the hassle of dealing with their primitive system!

Folks If you have a Citibank account & for whatever reason it was under a balance that did not meet the requirement, there is a fee you will be charged. If you meet the criteria after you were charged, the bank kept charging me the service fees until I called them only to find out they had made an error. Usually don't check my bank account details but glad I did. Citibank customer service was incompetent & took her 30 minutes to figure the error. Citi at its best... NOT.

So I missed one payment due to my son being born and in the NICU for 10 days. I paid 2 days after my due date and asked to waive the fee, obviously because of family matter. Their manager ultimately would not waive the fee despite that I have had no late payments. Guess a perfect record does not matter with them. Will be closing my account. Just terrible.

Applied for a Citibank card, was immediately turned down no explanation. Called customer service, was hung up on twice and then transferred to an auto line giving absolutely no good reason for being denied. My rating is above 700 and I clear 48000 a year. I have several different cards from Amex to Discover all paid on time and never maxed out. What a crock.

We found a promotional offer of 400.00 if we opened an account and deposited 15,000 within 30 days. The process would then take 90 days to deposit the 400.00 promotional offer. We started our application October 17, 2016 online because we do not have a branch near us. We sent in application, but they were not able to verify myself (wife) since it's a joint account. I thought it might possibly be my expired DL, because they were asking for a picture ID. My husband sent in the picture ID via fax.

A few days later Citi came back saying that they could not view DL ID. I called to ask if I should fill out new application with new DL? (Thinking the expired DL was the reason for the issue.) The representative said that "It didn't matter, you will still be eligible for the promotion either way." So, I sent in another application and closed current one that I started in October. Well, same issue. They still need DL picture even though I updated my old one. Okay... so I send it in again. I made sure Citibank would be able to see DL picture. Now, waiting game. 90 days until I receive the 400.00. NOPE! They send W9 to fill out. They made sure to explain to me that these needed to be turned in, in order for me to receive my promotional offer of 400.00, if not, it will be withheld. I receive this W9 with a line for one person's name and information. They said write in the primary card holder name information and send it in. Okay, did that. Rejected!

The rejection letter says, "You have two people on the account." Well, they only sent one paper to list ONE person, so after complaining this bank sends me 5 different W9 packets. Hmm... okay. So I put mine and my husband's information on the W9's. Send it in... all on my dime. Mine was accepted, his was rejected. I call Citibank to get information as to why. They say, "Put name the same as it is on your tax paperwork." Oh great! So, I call 10x and during those phone calls asking about the W9, you couldn't say that? So I send 3rd W9 into Citibank. I heard nothing back. Apparently it was accepted. I call for my promotional offer on 4-18-2017. Citibank says "You should have received it already." Citibank put in an investigation. The investigation team comes back DECLINED promotional offer.

Citi says I'm 2 days late from promotional period. Application supposed to be received by 11-15-16 and mine was received on 11-17-16. Right, because I left 15,000 in an account to sit there for no reason. Disregard the fact I started this October 17, 2016 and, I was told starting a new account would be perfectly fine. I would still be eligible.

But, the supervisor I spoke with today says he could see that I wasn't eligible, so he doesn't understand when I call to do the wire transfer that I wasn't told that I wouldn't qualify. Who transfers large amount of funds to get an expired promotion? That's right, someone that was being told I would get the promotional offer of 400.00, not expired. Funny thing is, the supervisor said that representatives cannot tell you that you (customer) won't get promotion. I'm guessing Citibank is having people bring large amount of funds to use for a short period and screwing over their customers. Wait. I'm not guessing. They are. STAY AWAY from CITIBANK.

Do not open a Best Buy account. I did 18 months same as cash. I was unable to open an online account to pay my bill. I was forced to drive to the store to make monthly payments day or two late. I have paid more in late fees in the past 6 months of having my card, then toward to principle balance. After 5 months I was finally able to set up online bill payments. After paying 37 bucks each month for late fees.

CITI is the most terrible bank I have ever seen. I want to make a large purchase in a store. So I call Citi to raise my debit card limit. It takes me 2 hours and 3 phone calls. Such a efficient company. Zero star!!! Gonna cancel my account right now.

Received a call from Citibank on Monday stating I had a past due amount. I told the person how can I have a past due when I never received the merchandise and I never received a statement. He said he would send me a statement in the mail and suggested to speak to the persons who's sold me the merchandise and see if I could handle it and I needed help to call back. Yesterday I went to the store and I was very upset and I told him I didn't want anything because they didn't deliver my merchandise on the date promise. So the manager gave me a credit around three hundred twenty three dollars and 66 cents. I have a copy of the form credit back to your Citibank. So I called and spoke to Steve which very nice a polite gentleman and explained everything to him so then I asked to speak to a manager which I was on hold for about 10 mins.

I spoke to a girl whose name was Ranishe was the manager. I explained again to her again what had happen. I don't mind explaining so as our conversation I had agreed to make a payment but I wanted to know why they did decrease on my limit bc I check and get alerts when something changes in my credit report and alerted me that my credit score decrease due to your bank I had not received a letter or anything I was upset. Because on my credit report I have not been late in any of my credit cards.

I have Chase bank 2 cards and never been late and all my other cards as well too. I have a excellent payment history from these two years been trying to rebuild it! So I wanted to know why they decreased. She kept me on hold for close to 30 mins and I also wanted the late fee taken out bc that was not my fault and then she implied that I make my payments late which caused me to get upset asked to be transferred couldn't get back on the line I finally hung up.

I called today and I spoke to someone, asked to be connected to a manager. I was upset bc I explained to her and I wanted to know why they had decreased. I was upset. I am not going to lie. I got out of hand and she hung up on me. So I called back asked to speak another manager and I told them I did not want to speak to a Cathy and they connected me to her again. This time she said line was being recorded I said I was going to record as well. She didn't like that and said she didn't consent to that.

So I told her I did not want to speak to her and I wanted her boss. She said there was no one above her which I know that is not true and I asked again and she said NO. Then I guess she thought about what she said then she said someone will be getting back to me in 2 business days. Today is 4/4/17 I should be getting a call back I hope. I am very disappointed on Citibank and their management. They need more training. Poor customer service on management side.

I received a flyer from Citibank in May 2016 which said if I open a checking account with 50,000 deposit in 30 days, I would receive $400 cash after 90 days. Okay. I was very happy and drove to the local branch (River Forest, IL). The private banker seems nice and said I was qualified for the promotion. At that time I brought up one concern that the flyer was with my husband's name not mine. The banker said it was OK as long as my husband and I shared the same home address. And then she ran into some issues when opened a new account for me and asked her co-worker to help her out.

Finally I had my brand new checking account opened with the bank. Without wasting any time, I transferred all my money from other bank accounts and even put my direct payroll into this new account (I really regretted it). While I disliked its online banking system very much I had no issue with the bank until I received a rejection letter instead of $400 cash in December from the bank, saying that I was not eligible for the promotion because I did not deposit money within timeline. HOW was it possible? It must be a mistake. Okay. Everyone could make a mistake. I totally understood.

I called the customer service. They said it looked like money was deposited within timeline and would investigate the issue. I waited about a month and got nothing. And then I followed up and was told that the promotion was rejected because my name was not on the flyer. At that time I already brought my husband to the branch and add him to the same checking account. My husband drove to the same branch and complained. The private banker said it was easy to be solved. She would put my husband as the primary account holder and then the promotion would be honored. I trusted her and waited for another month and got another rejection letter that my W9 was not updated because it was 2017. Once I submitted our signed W9 form, they promised the promotion would be honored. My husband drove to the branch again and gave the form to the branch.

After about two weeks, I followed up to make sure they have received w9 form. The customer service Representative said W9 form was attached but was not updated to my profile and she would do it. But I needed to wait at least 90 days to have my issue solved. I was losing my confidence in the bank because whenever I called in and was put on hold forever and was promised to be called back, which never happened. Now it was the middle of March. I called the customer service again to follow up. What a surprise! They said I was not qualified for the offer at all. And then I showed her all communication letters and told her that "I did whatever you asked me."

At last I went back to the starting point. It is ridiculous. Now the bank kept my over 60,000 for 7 months. I spent hours and hours on the phone and got nothing. I was SO ANGRY!!! I drove to the branch and talked to the branch manager about the whole issue. The manager said he would investigate the issue and call me on Monday. I hate the investigate word, which means to me playing game in their way. No surprise, I received no calls. I felt so scared of the bank. I then transferred most of my money to other banks and asked my husband to close the entire relationship with the bank right way. Never, never have anything contact with the monster bank. Now when I see the name on the street, I feel so uncomfortable. Run Away...

I have never experienced a worst customer service department in my life. On 3 occasions with 3 different representatives, the results were the same. All were rude and less than knowledgeable to satisfy my request. Citibank suspected fraud and froze my card. I attempted twice to explain that they were indeed my charges. Even after answering all of the security questions correctly, calling from the number on record, and answering every other question that was asked, I was told they had to contact a relative to verify it was indeed me.

It was 330 in the morning, I was low on gas, and had no cash on my person. Only because I was desperate, I gave them the number of a brother in law that I thought might be awake. They proceeded to tell me that the relative had to have the same last name. What??? At that point, I would rather walk than ever use Citibank for any future business needs. Do they actually think that every cardholder has a relative with same last name?

This is a review regarding CitiĀ® Double Cash Card. I was enticed to apply because of their 2% rewards system. I am very dissatisfied on how they treated my application. I applied and I got denied my first time to their lack of proper credit check. So I followed up and they ran a second check to confirm my proper credit and they approved my application. This is not where the nightmare begins. So the usual process they notify you that you have been approved blah blah blah then send you a letter via mail that your card is on the way and explains on what you can do with the new card to get you all hyped up.

A couple weeks passed by the cards arrived via mail, and it tells you to log on to activate the cards. Upon visitation of the site it asks you to create a Citi account, in which I did. So I followed all the proper steps and activated the card. So after activation, I was prompted to call customer service. This was very peculiar to me so I called them and asked what is going on... the agent told me the card is put on hold and he would not disclose any more information until I send in the required documents... I was infuriated.

Why would Citi send you a card to activate then hold it for investigation??? So I was not satisfied with the first call so I tried to call another agent just to get a second opinion/ different agent. The second agent tells me that I have to mail a copy of my ss card, DL lic/ ID, and any lease form or bills. So I asked the agent "does it have to be mail, why can't I do it through email?" It's 2017. Apparently that's their only way of confirming my identity. They did ask for my other bank accounts but Wells Fargo does not disclose any information, so kudos to Wells Fargo. Fail to Citi for staying in the stone age for identity verification. Long story short Citi sent me a card to activate, then put a hold on the card right when I activated it to be reviewed... Such a hassle. I was looking forward to doing business with them but this primary encounter just makes me wanna lose hope with this company.

I have been using a Citibank Credit Card in India and have been charged Interest most of the times in my monthly statement. The basis of Interest calculation was incorrect and this has resulted in a huge revenue for the bank. Consumers are being looted by this bank using this incorrect calculations. I recommend you to avoid opting for this card and existing users, please be careful with this bank. You might be getting into the web of fraud. BEWARE.

We opened a business checking account last December. In early February, I received an email from CitiBank that they are reviewing our account and need to talk us. I called the number but I always got a voice mail. Then I called CitiBank 800 number, they confirmed the letter was from their employee and tried to connect me with that employee, but reached his voicemail again. Then customer service at 800 number said they will email this guy and his team to request them to call me back, they never did. So I thought maybe it's resolved somehow.

I have a daily balance alert set up, this morning the alert stated the balance is 0. So I called the 800 number again and was told our business account was closed because we didn't provided them required document. Since it's weekend so they cannot tell me more but ask me to go to the branch Monday. They also told me they mailed the balance via regular mail which will take up to 10 business days to arrive.

This is so ridiculous, I don't even know what documents they are asking for (not speaking we provided the local branch all requested documents when opening the account) and they never returned my call! If you don't want our business, fine! At least give us fair warning ahead of time and send a check overnight! This will interrupt our business for sure. Since opening the account in early December last year, the account has been operating over 3 months, the at least could have send me letter or call me to specify what's missing! So disappointed, switch bank for sure!

As long standing customers, we put a $6,500 balance on our CitiCard in Dec (new roof)... We made a payment of $1,500 in Jan; $2,000 payment in Feb; $2,000 in March. The March payment was due March 16. We mailed our check on March 10. Citi is charging us a late fee of $25 because they did not receive the check until March 20 (which they consider 4 days late). I spoke to Citi and reminded them that there was a blizzard in the entire midwest which could account for why they may have received the check a whole 4 days late. I asked them to review our excellent credit history and to waive this fee as we considered it an insult. They refused and were happy to give me the name of the CitiCard President. I will be writing to that President to let me know exactly why Citi lost an excellent customer.

I was a Citibank card member for over 22 years. I for the first time ever was considered late for a payment to Citibank. I called customer service to explain I had sent out payments to other institutions on the same day and my payments made it to them on time. I explained that the post office here is sometime not the most reliable. They would not give me the right time of day. I was transferred to another agent and the same answer. You would think for being a loyal customer for all those years, it would carry some weight. So I decided to apply for another credit card and was accepted without reservation. So do yourself a favor, don't bother with Citibank, they are heartless.

I had a dispute with Priceline regarding a refusal to honor their price guarantee. Citibank required me to send a letter rather than taking a verbal report. Then they said they never received the letter. Finally after a month, despite solid evidence that the merchant was wrong, they ruled in their favor. Citibank does not support its customers. I will never use a Citibank card again -- Chase Visa, American Express, and Master Card are all better choices.

I requested a balance transfer request 03/13/2017, First Error - "my requested was to transfer fund to my checking account but they made it a check payment",

Second Error - "Cancelling my Balance transfer request without my permission and breaching the contract and Identify ". This identity theft by CITIBANK. Requesting you to please looking into this matter as I did not get any help from the Customer service agents or supervisor Jeff. Call dates 1st call to request balance transfer was 03/12/2017 time 2.41. Call lasted 7 minutes 1 sec. 2nd call to to inquire if fund were transferred to my checking account was on 03/15/2017 (3 minutes 57 sec). 3rd call 03/16/2017 again asking for an update, I was told I was a check payment and I will get it next thursday 23rd march 2017.

4th call 03/17/2017 got an email of Notice of stopped payment to find out what's going on but very bad response from a manager Jeff and rather solving issue he is give Bonus points on my other CITIbank card, he does not have proper explanation and asking me to re-apply as this cancel now. (Spoke to Supervisor Jeff at 2.32 pm 03/17/2017). EXTREMELY UNHAPPY. Will surely avoid using your cards in FUTURE, I will do business with your competitor.

I will be paying off and canceling this account! Horrible service. Customer agents that you cannot understand, that are not from this country. The call centers are located overseas. I called because I received a late fee when in actuality I made my payment early. I guess I made it too early to stay current. I often make 2 or 3 monthly payments. But they would not reverse this fee of $35.00!!! Even though that month I had made 2 payments. It doesn't make any sense. Im done with them. Horrible customer service. Their "highest" manager said that they are "CRACKING DOWN" on late fees and wouldn't even consider reversing mine even though I make multiple monthly payments almost every month! Shame on Citi!

This place doesn't respect its employees and it doesn't look out for its customers best interest. It charges ridiculous fees and does not respond to investigations in a timely manner. The employees are outsourced, work from home, are underpaid and abused verbally by both customers and management. Unless the clients accounts are Citigold Citi doesn't care for them. The company owes me money and for over a month they have given me nothing but excuses, like "the employee that was supposed to take care of it has been out sick." "Sorry he didn't call you back in a week to give you the status." The company denies employees their vacations and at times even their well deserved raise due to low funds they say. I could go on all day but if you work or bank with them you will be nothing but sorry.

Citibank did not contact me by email or telephone about making my money inactive. Just by chance I have call from a salesperson of bank who try to sell me a loan. She casually told me that if I know that my 50K will go in a few weeks to government if I will not make my accounts active. I never knew about such a law that I have to do transaction to my saving or interest accounts each 2 years. Otherwise money from accounts go to government. It made me feel very terrified that bank did not even bother to notify me. Please be careful with this bank.

Got a pre-approval for a diamond preferred credit card sent to me. My credit score is pretty good at 765 and have never been late on a payment, this is not my only card. I have several other cards for several years, and got denied from this bank. Reasoning of the bank says I got denied for not having an invitation... Which Citibank had sent to me, I had the account invitation number and everything. Will never have business with this bank and would never recommend them to anyone. I'd give them no stars if it would let me.

I called Citibank to get my final payoff balance amount. I paid the balance, in full, based on what the customer service rep told me my TOTAL balance was. She took my payment, then I CLOSED THE ACCOUNT. She confirmed that my account was closed. Today, Sunday morning, I received a call that I owe $95, that is in collection, for a $16 interest fee they charged me after the account was closed. The reason for the interest was because I paid my account in the BEGINNING of the month, and they charge interest for that month, at the END of the month. They charged me the $16 in interest and emailed me a bill. I never saw the email because that email account is closed.

Now, three months later they want three months of late fees plus interest on the late fees that they charged me on an interest feel for a closed account. I am furious. Can they do this? I told the lady on the phone I would pay the interest fee from back in November but would absolutely not pay any late fees whatsoever. Why should I pay late fees on fees charged to a closed account? I took out a consolidation loan and paid off this credit card. I have no credit cards now and will never use credit again.

Citibank is a SCAM. THEY ARE HOUNDING ME ON THE PHONE NOW. I was forced to agree to let them continue hounding me on the phone (she read me a disclosure and I regret that I agreed to it) and I had to give them a new email address and agree to them hounding me via email too. This multi billion dollar corporation makes their money by hounding hard working people for $16 and then charging late fees. It's outrageous. I have a credit rating in the high 700's, but so what?? They want their money and they will destroy your credit if you don't agree to being robbed.

This is going to take some time to read. I will try to sum it up. Approx on May 2016 (don't remember exactly, but around it) I was being informed by the Citi alert about a suspicious transaction on my debit card on internet for a website (AliExpress), asking me to get in touch immediately. Well, I did it via phone, confirmed with a kind attendant and ordered a new card to be sent over to me, and blocked my card. It should be perfect, but since then, my life became a hell. Amid all the attempts to get the new card, I spoke to several attendants and the so-called SUPERVISORS WHO WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT FOR ME (as they say), but I have not receive the card yet.

Believe it or not, we are on March 2017, and my card hasn't arrived yet. No matter how many times I have confirmed the address, no matter how many times I have confirmed if Citibank is able to send it overseas (I am in Brazil)... it just do not happen! Supervisors who, by the way, called me from their personal phone numbers (I believe), trying to convince me that it was going to be solved at that time! And guess what??? NOTHING!!! Every time I call back Citibank's phone, I have to explain to an attendant, who forwards me to the supervisor, which in turn says to me that a mistyping have occurred but WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. But look: I am listening this same old story. Time after time I have to call and say the same address. Do you believe it is still mistyping in all of these attempts?? Come on!

I am sick of it. This is going to take a full year soon and I am still fighting it. All I am needing is to receive my debit card, and do you know why??? I was a GOLD CLIENT. And, according to the bank rules, a GoldClient not transacting the account will be discounted every month a certain amount of dollars (simply because it is not transacted or a new deposit does not occur), but HOW COULD I TAKE MY MONEY OFF if the bank does not send me the card AND, I think this is most important now, THEY BLOCK MY INTERNET BANKING ACCESS UNTIL I GET A NEW CARD! WTF! If via phone, the attendants informed that it is not possible to transfer the dollars from Citibank to my Brazilian bank account, and without the card, there was NOTHING I COULD DO to take my money off! I should wait for the card to arrive as a unique solution.

And here comes another reason why I am so mad: Along this period of time, I was watching the meltdown of dollar against the Brazilian Real. I was trying to take the money out the bank and convert it to Real all in once, but could not do nothing. If the bank were able to accomplish its deadlines when sending a card to a client, you would not being reading this on March 2017!! But they cannot even get the tracking number for the package via FedEx. I cannot stand anymore!

By the time the problem occurred, I had a certain amount of dollars on my account. Recently I found out during a phone call that my savings were about half that amount?!! How, could that be possible, IF I AM NOT MAKING ANY TRANSACTION SINCE +- May 2016???

So, I am saying that I have been hurted, my savings have been hurted with the devaluation of dollar (because I could not withdraw the money at the time the problem started) and I will find out something to do to get losses back before my attorney on court. I cannot know exactly when it started precisely, but we will find it out. This must finish NOW!

Applied online, opened account, received debit card account number and PIN for ATM. Deposited check at ATM machine. Check cleared. When I went to get some cash the card was blocked. I tried to get gas. My card was blocked. No access to my own money. I called and the customer service agent told me I would have to wait 2 days as it was a weekend and that department isn't open til Monday at 8am. That she would not help me. I waited til such time and then was told I have to fax or mail proof of address. Okay so I have no problem doing so. I understand these organizations need to protect against fraud etc... However what I do have a problem with is Citibank taking my paycheck and then illegally blocking me from accessing it. Needless to say I will be closing this account as soon as I can get all my money out.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions