1.13/5
Based on 124 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

1132 Citibank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

My business and personal account was with Citibank for years. They closed all my accounts and they give me 15 days. The reason because I do multiples transactions and because my business is almost cash they did not want it anymore. The manager at the bank did not care at all, I call all the numbers that I can find and no one care and they don't offer any help. On top of everything, they are canceling all my credit card after 30 years and my score is 794. In the letter that I received from Executive Response Unit is a tel number that they cannot give you any info and says they will send me a letter in 30 days. I am desperate, depressed. I don't know what to do anymore. It is not customer service at all. I always take care of my payments and my credit and now is all destroy because of citibank.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have had a home equity line with CitiBank for 10 years. I originally had my mortgage through them BUT they sold my mortgage to another company - as is done with other banks. Unfortunately, in trying to refinance my mortgage, CitiBank was found not to be reporting to my credit report. Their records on my account we not clear. They refused to clarify information brought to their attention on several occasions by myself and by my mortgage company. Due to the lack of transparency, the mortgage company could not proceed with the loan due to the requirements stating clear information be obtained. This process took three months and they still did not provide the correct information or report to my credit report. Needless to say, the loan did not go through. Citibank has proved to be unreliable, not transparent, and shading in their practice.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2018

After spending all day looking at my account, doing math over and over again I noticed there was $249 missing from my account with nowhere it could have been used. It just vanished. As if someone invisibly robbed me. I contacted Citibank and after an hour and a half of going back and forth with the agent, the agent confirmed from the higher ups that Citibank is having an error with April transactions posting again in error. She explained that the money missing would be put back onto my account without a specific date in mind of when it would happen.

It has now been over 8+ hours and still nothing back onto my account. I am now overdrawn because of their lack of urgency getting my funds back. I decided to re-chat with them and now they are telling me they have no idea what is happening... This is crazy, is it illegal? The bank has stolen money from me and is toying with my livelihood. Because of them, I can't make it to work, because of them I can't buy groceries. So I just have to sit here, starve and lose out on work because of their "Internal Error" that they have no idea when it would be resolved. I don't know how to proceed with this. I will take this to court if I have to and will hire an attorney. This is robbery. DON'T OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH CITIBANK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ROBBED AND TOYED WITH!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I will never apply for a credit card again! They send me a letter telling me that I'm pre-approved for one and I understand that does not mean you're approved right away but usually high percentage that you will get accepted. They declined me, so now it's going to affect my credit score that I been working on for the past year and my score is pretty good and have on-time payment history and never missed a payment. My point is don't send me letters telling me that I'm pre-approved and most likely going to get accepted and then decline me! I work so hard to work on my credit and you guys send me letters telling me I'm pre-approved and then this happens. I will never give you my business.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Citibank is the worst credit card company ever. Someone opened up two credit cards fraudulently & then they use crooked collection agencies like Pressler & Pressler who had my wages garnished for a fraudulent credit card debt that didn’t belong to me. I’m sure that I’m not the only person that Citibank put through financial hardship. The victims of Citibank need to sue Citibank for all of the fraudulent accounts that were opened.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citibank?

Original review: May 7, 2018

Customer services representatives, with little exceptions are worst trained to assist their customer. I think they are trained to be terrible incompetent. Doing their best to make feel frustrated the customers. It is sad that Citibank does lot of profit taken our deposits but they enjoy treating us like 5th category clients. I hope this very old bank take corrections to return to the funder's good services tradition.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been a proud Citicard holder for maybe almost 2 decades now. I have Costco, Master, Visa. Last night I had some issue trying to log in to my Citi app. I thought it was just glitch or they were having maintenance issue. Tried again in AM w/ app and the browser and still would not let me log in. So I called for support and they transferred me to outside US call center which they told me that it must have been a slow internet connection - I told them I can access all my other bank accounts except Citi but I gave it a chance and when I got home I used my laptop with speedy internet connection and still no success.

I called them again to same outside US call center and I asked them if I have a breach in my account because I can’t log in when they say there is no issue or maintenance on their server, the girl over the phone told me that the problem was probably just my browser and that I should be jumping to conclusion. I have given it whole day and used 3 difference ways as they have advised and none have work! and She says I am jumping to conclusion?! I was so infuriated that I asked for manager and manager told me that since they are switching to MasterCard-Visa card (or vice versa) that my account will have some issues until I activated new card which I have not received. So I let it go and check the mails if I’ve missed any mails for the new card.

I found a letter that say it will not be sent until 6 weeks. So I had to call again and hoping I will not be transferred to same Outside US call center, this time I was transferred to Indian based call center and eventually transferred me to In-country support call center that have told me there was a link card in there that is interfering to my access that he had to removed and THAT SOLVED the problem! 4 calls with 2 unhelpful “making me look like I don’t know tech” attitude really got into my nerve the whole day. Hope CITI will contact me and expressed my concerns about call centers—DO NOT SMARTASS and please try to help/listen to your customers and not just read through the written response.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have always had bad experience with Citibank customer service. This time the guy was talking non-stop without caring about what I wanted from this call. It's a simple 1-minute task and he was holding me for more than 10 minutes reading me all unnecessary and irrelevant stuff. I got pissed off especially after I told him that I didn't have much time talking about those nonsense. He said "yeah I know time is important" then continued talking with no points. I have no idea why Citibank would hire someone like him to do customer service. His name is Tom by the way. I closed my card. I'm glad I won't be dealing with Citibank anymore.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I have had a credit card with Citibank for over 25 yrs (Universal Card) and this card has been headache after headache. At a young age, they give me a huge credit line, Then they play around with you. The customer service is horrible. Their APR is so much higher than the national average and I have never missed a payment. I have a good credit score and they refuse to lower my APR. I write letters and call just wondering why it is higher than the national average. I get nothing. Every time I call to see if I can be considered to have it lowered, I am told it is not available at this time.

On top of it, they just lowered my credit line. They said due to a report on my balances. I have worked hard to improve my debt to credit ratio and they take it away. I called, I wrote letters, I wrote the BBB, and they do not care. They do absolutely nothing to work with a loyal and long-standing consumer. Seriously, they do not care about their consumers. Also, the way they calculate your balance each month is not fair either. I would never recommend business with Citibank. I look forward to the day I no longer have to. When you have a consumer of over 25 yrs that has done nothing wrong but you punish them by a high APR, always sneaking an increase and lowering credit limit for no reason, it makes no sense. Especially when I send letter after letter and get nowhere at all.

Original review: April 14, 2018

This company barely has reps in the US. The ones they have are just as incompetent. They refuse to help you or simply hang up. Customer service means nothing to them. All of them say they have no supervisor, no direct manager or simply refuse you to someone else. Try to cancel your account, your money, and they say they can't. Please do not deal with them!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

CitiBank is going down. There are less than 50 branch offices in Florida. All in South Florida near Miami. My guess is that they are losing money because of the Trump Tariffs. I've had credit card with Citi for about 10 years and I've never had a fraud alert on my card during that time, until last week. It was a fake fraud report. I was told by Citi phone reps that because I made a purchase at Advance Auto Part one day and Napa Auto parts the next day that cause for concern so they locked my account. I was also told by the same phone rep that I had verified the purchases but they still weren't going to unlock my account. Even though I satisfied all the personal question. They also required me to have a phone number with my name on the account that they could send text to with verification code.

Never mind that the purchase was legitimate or that I knew the password on the account, or that I could get email at the address I used to open the account with or that they could send me a message using their “secure message center” through my online account! CitiBank is forcing me to wait 7 to 10 business days to get snail mail with the verification code before I can unlock and use my credit card again. The closest bank to me is more than 100 miles away. CitiBank is the one committing fraud against me. A word to the wise... You had better think twice if you want to use CitiBank as your financial institution. It won't be long before they close all their branches in Florida then the only way you will be able to get customer service is over the phone or at an ATM!!! Better make sure your contact info is update before they decide to lock your account!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Do not use Citibank or Best Buy! They will try to talk you into opening an account. We purchased a computer and was told by employee at Best Buy to do the 0 percent financing to come to find out they will take your bank information and withdrew money but never the correct amount to have load paid off then go back and charge you interest from the purchase date! Save your money and don't buy from Best Buy and don't use their financing through Citibank! Fraud!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Citibank has screwed me for the last time. I'm closing my account tomorrow when I can finally retrieve my funds. I thought I lost my wallet and reported the card stolen however I did not realize that when doing so I would lose all our access to my online account and up and be restricted from seeing my own account information or having any access it all to my funds. Even though I lost debit card being reported is completely separate from online logging on and password. They still without my approval or informing me took away my access and logging in to all my accounts so that I can see my information or log in on the app or website at all.

Even though I lost debit card being reported is completely separate from online logging on and password. This still without my approval or informing me took away my access number and login to all my accounts so that I can see my information or login on the app or website at all. I cannot do anything even check my balance or log on. This is absurd and not right and opposite of what a bank should do for a customer. I feel like I've been not respected and powerless to a bank I entrusted with my money.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have been a customer of Citibank for a long time and I have 8 open credit cards with them. They sent me an email stating they were lowering the credit line on one of my cards due to balances on my credit report. I called told them it was Christmas presents that I am paying off. I have never been late in all the years I had been with them and that my daughter (15) is away on a trip with that card for emergenices. They told me the system DID the review and that I would have to like reapply to re-establish my limit! ***Do not ever get credit from Citibank***. CEO Michael Corbat email is michael.l.corbat@citi.com. CEO Barbara Desoer email is barbara.desoer@citi.com. Stay away from this company. Chase is so much better!

Original review: April 5, 2018

This company is not good. Try to take my money all their time. Ask pay off statement. They don't want to give me information and keep Transfer to where department so I can even pay off. They are Devils. Away from this company.

Original review: April 4, 2018

This bank failed to protect my checking account. Even though I hardly ever write checks, someone hacked my account and stole large sums of money. They wrote number of small sums of checks. They failed to detect the theft. This bank is now blaming me and refusing to pay me large sum of the stolen money. That after 18 years of being a client. Disgraceful bank. I will soon move my bank account elsewhere. Will file a complaint with all the governmental agencies. AVOID.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I’ve accidentally pay 3K payment to a wrong Citi card on 2/28/18. I’ve been trying to get this overpayment return to me since then with out a success!!! Every time you call I get different story and at the end money never arrive??? The last I’m hearing is there is 14 days hold for a review? What? It’s a overpayment. What’s there to review? I’ve been with Citi card for 20 years and to be treated like this! Not correct at all! STAY AWAY FROM CITIBANK ALTOGETHER!

Original review: April 2, 2018

My fiancee resides in Fort Lauderdale in Florida, and a friend of ours has sent to me in Australia a total of AUD$30,000, BUT your USA branch has withheld these funds. These funds are vitally important to myself here in Aussie and would like to know what right you have to hold onto the funds for a week. I am demanding that you release them and I shall get the receipt number to give to you to send the funds to my NAB in Australia. You lot did this to me in 2016 so nothing within Citibank has changed, just got worse.

Updated on 04/10/2018: I sent a report her on April 4 about Citibank withholding AUD that I am waiting for. The Company hasn't even had the decency to reply. I put this situation to them on their US Facebook page, only to be shut down by Facebook. Citibank are a bunch of damn crooks, who are only interested in their own wellbeing. Isn't it about time that USA did the same thing that we did in Australia and did an investigation into the rorts and also the coverups of the big 4 banks in this country and made significant changes. It's time the Citibank were investigated as well. Come on Citibank, how about some damn answers, OR what are you afraid of... THE TRUTH?

Updated on 04/17/2018: After hearing from my fiancee in Florida, she has informed me that Citibank sent the money back whence it came from, BUT have threatened to report our friend for daring to send any more dollars to Australia. Citibank you are a total disgrace and I hope that you are proud of yourself... we aren't. Thanks again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I will make this short. I have had to get a new password for Citicard many many times. I get a new one and the next time I try to use it, no good again. I know without a doubt that I am using the correct PW. I’m so tired of this that I am ready to close my accounts.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Well all other reviewers were correct. Unfortunately, I have to recant my positive review because Citibank apparently does not want positive reviews. Since I wrote that positive review they closed all my accounts. Discrimination at its finest. No reason given, some undergraduate out of school who has less life experience than my pet dog making decisions to hold payroll income that feeds my family. Legal fraud at its finest. All banks are the original fraudsters and the fraudulent reporting companies they form to make money from consumers by reporting inaccurate information by the bank, while both bank and reporting company are the same just under different entity. Thanks for discriminating against me and holding the money that feed my family.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Good day to whom this is addressed: This correspondence is in regard to my very problematic secured card process. I would like to say I applied for the card back on January 26 2018 I believe, the same day as applying for a Capital One secured card in the same manner. Without being notified the “security” deposit was removed from my checking account. That is of course a part of the process. After waiting the 2-3 week period for the card itself. I began receiving letters stating I had been approved etc. I began waiting for the card. Which until 3/18/2018 hadn’t arrived. On this date, 3/18/2018 I initiated a call to report the missing card. A gentlemen took the call after verifying me with a code via text sent to my cellphone. The card was then overnighted to me. Awesome! Except I have not been able to “verify“ myself to activate the card.

This process is very frustrating and unsatisfactory in the sense that 1. I had been verified obviously because I have received a card within 24 hours, and to then turn around to activate what you sent me, I am being told you cannot verify me using the SAME phone number I provided to receive the card at all. I was asked for an alternate phone number registered to myself. I provided my employer phone number at my desk {largest trash company in the U.S} Waste Management, and was told I could not be verified that way either. I was then asked for my checking account information and a call was made to Citizens Bank. I was STILL not able to be verified! How?

It amazes me that Citi has the ability to remove funds from my account and then state that I cannot be verified because of an address. Well forgive me but I moved to a new apartment on 2/24/2018, where the second card was mailed within 24 hours. Up until yesterday 3/27/2018 I still have not been verified, after being told my last resort for verification was a letter mailed to me on 3/18/2018. The 10th representative said to have been an account supervisor told me the address the letter was said to have been sent to was not verified and the letter hadn’t gone out. Do you see the pattern?

I am simply trying to reestablish credit and I thought this would be a seamless process. It has been a nightmare. My children because of the missed payment were denied entry to daycare as I could make a payment because of this nonsense. Please review my concerns and my account because I would never recommend anyone use your card. Why? Because it should NOT be this troubling.

I want to know if anyone cares about the little man. Honestly. Ironically my employer is now hold training for the last 3 weeks and 8 weeks forward on CUSTOMER ADVOCACY. This experience will definitely be spoken on as an example of poor customer relations. I have been hung up on. Told a supervisor would not help me after speaking to so many people. $200.00 may seem like nothing to you, but I am a single mother of 2 young kids and every penny counts to me. I hope to hear from you.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I call Citibank on my husband dispute. The damn lady supposed to supervisor. She is rude. Hung up on me. If question her she say she didn't have to my account so she couldn't answer me. If she get my faxed they been game ** that I they say, “Oh get the faxed.” Couple day later I call back they say they didn't them. ** business.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Yesterday we got our first Citibank Visa bill in about a year. It contained a $25 late penalty on a bill we never received. We never use this credit card except as a backup, and we do not expect bills on this account. I pay all the bills and was not looking for this one. My husband, without my knowing it, mistakenly pulled out this card and made a purchase was for $41. Hence the late penalty was more than 50%.

I called customer service and asked for a waiver, which is always done automatically by other companies in cases such as this. The representative was blocked by the software from doing the waiver. Her supervisor refused because she claimed the company had sent a bill. My husband said we never got one and weren't expecting one. Didn't the company care about consumers? She said, "** consumers." This call was recorded about 12 noon Pacific Time on March 21, 2018. We are cancelling our card, and we advise everyone to steer clear of Citibank, which is the United version of credit cards.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I've been banking with Citibank for 7 years. I am called a loyal customer by Citibank, but every single month something new happens and my experience with them deteriorates. I've been very unhappy with the fact that I always need to be transferred on the phone and I need to explain my issue to every single customer representative. Yesterday, I transferred funds to the closed account by mistake. I called Citibank right away to have that process reversed or stopped. I was told after spending 45min on the phone, that the funds will be posted on my account after 6 am. I called next day at 3pm and the funds were still not processed and the funds were basically frozen. I couldn't use my own funds!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been, what they called, a loyal customer at Citibank for many years. One day, I got some letter informing that my accounts were going to be closed. Upon receiving that letter, I called the phone number mentioned on the letter. I talked to nice people telling me that I should not worry, there were no notes on my account and that everything was fine. I kept receiving the same kind of letter for 4, 5 months, kept calling the customer service upon reception of every letter, went to the branch at least 2 times and kept being told that everything was fine and that they was no reason to worry...

Until I received in my mail box a letter of accounts closed with a check for the balance of my accounts. No explanation even though I tried to contact them after that. I can't tell how upset and profoundly disappointed I am of how customer service or any other service related to that issue has handled my case. If there was an issue with my accounts, I have never been able to know what it was and not able to provide any explanation. This is a shame and I will never recommend that bank whatsover.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I make monthly credit card payments online. In Feb I paid the full balance indicated, to zero balance. In March I received an "emergency" text from Citibank. Apparently, they added $4 interest to account after I paid full balance, without informing me. I spoke to the agent by phone about the $4 balance, and was asked to pay $4 using a bank account always used for payments and agent verified the bank acct #. The agent then used wrong the bank acct (one no longer active) to pay the $4. Citibank accused me of being 2 months behind on a payments on the card, and refused to consider their error that now shows negatively on my credit report. Never use Citibank for anything!!! Horrible customer service!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Open a checking account with Citibank on 2/21/2018, and made deposits on 2/22/2018. On 2/26/2018 I tried to access my account on my cellphone and found it was unavailable. During this period, I never got any message, email or letter to notify me about my account. Then I went to Citibank local branch immediately for help. One lady checked my account and told me there is a restriction saying the check I deposit through ATM without a date. She had to make a call and see what to do next. After almost one hour waiting, I finally could speak with a live rep. He told me I had to wait for 10 business days for their fraud department to investigate it. I called a couple of time and they all told me about the same thing. Then I decided to wait for 10 business days to see.

By the way, the check without a date I deposited through ATM was issued by myself and I just withdraw money from my own Bank of America account and put it into my new Citibank account, there was no fraud at all and my Bank of America account has released the money and the check has been cashed by Citibank. Now, it is 3/12/2018, my account is still been restricted. I have to call them or visit their local branch tomorrow. The main reason I complain Citibank is they did not notify me in time where they put a restriction on my account. After doing that, they did not do their job quickly and never let me know when they will finish the investigation and how long I still need to wait. That really pisses me off!!!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I do not know how these are all one star reviews. I did see that many of these reviewers have had accounts for 20-30 years! Do not let one miserable representative let you down. I have banked with them all and Citibank is by far way superior than any other bank. The customer service and technology alone is years ahead of BoA, USBank, and Wells combined! Once again a few tool reps and dozens of unhappy customers. It’s not even the reps sometimes it is the the faulty governing of the inaccurate reporting from Early Warning and other shammy companies that report nonsense to make money. That’s the new business these days, reporting, as if the three idiot companies weren’t enough inaccuracy there are 100 more with reps that don’t know how to boot a computer let alone report credit information accurately. Don’t be mean cause then they will flag you. But people please leave Citibank out of this.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I went to the ATM on March 2, 2018. When I entered my pin number the first time the machine rejected my debit card back to me I tried a second time to be sure and the same thing happened. I tried again the third time the same thing. I knew something was wrong but, I didn't know what. I thought my check hadn't been deposited in the bank. I have been using the same pin number for over 2 years. I left, the ATM machine came home and called Citibank. First I asked them the balance of my account. He gave me the balance then I knew the funds was there. He said his name was Frank.

I said to him every time I enter my pin number the machine it's rejecting my card. He pondered a bit and said you did it too many times. This didn't sound right because I know my pin number and been using the same one all the time for 2 years or, more. Come on now, this is too thin for me. They blocked my pin number for no apparent reason and caused my bills to be delayed. I have never had a problem with my pin number before and they know the location that I am residing at has no Citibanks around here and nowhere near me. The closest one is in west palm beach.

He came up with a solution of sending me a expedited pin number and there would be a charge of $7.00 for expediting it. I agreed to the solution I had no other choice. This was on Mar 2nd and he said it would take about 72 hours to receive it. I called them again on Monday to see when the pin number was coming. My bills are already late. This time I spoke to a person name Julius. He said that the pin should arrive on Tuesday. He said let me get you over to the accounting department so they, can set a pin for you through our automated system. He placed me on hold. Then he picked up the phone and said to me. I am unable to get the pin number the machine won't allow me to get through.

I called back again because I'm sensing that something is not right about this picture. The automated system wouldn't generate a pin number because it was for me. Now, I'm beginning to feel that something is wrong. Somebody was writing down notes and when they read those notes they start playing games with me. I found out they had been taking money from my account. I called them up and told them. When I find out how much money you have been taking from my account. You are going to have a problem. This is where the problem started but, they played it cool and waited for a while before they started playing games.

They started acting like monkeys with me and lying from ear to ear. I called again speaking to Roza trying to find out about the pin number because they kept telling me different lies and I could see that they were playing games. Every time I call they will tell me to hold while they are reading their notes, and when they finish reading them. They didn't know that I had caught on to them doing this. They will pick up the phone and tell me things that didn't make sense like your phone number has not be updated and you will have to write a letter to get your pin number and it will take 30 days and all this kind of crap.

They are already tampering with my personal information and I know that this is automatically, termination on the spot. They had no right to be tampering with my personal information. The first thing Donald Trump would say get em' outta here, get em' outta here. They have no right to be here. These monks is everywhere Guatemala city, Philippines, Mexico, Australia, etc. Who gave monks the right to be messing with people personal business in the United States. These things are nothing but, professional robbers and don't know nothing about business in the United States maybe, that's why they're here. I received that pin number on Mar 6th after, contacting the account manager in New York.

As simple as he set my pin number then, it wasn't hard at all to do this after, he sets the pin here comes the expedited pin number the next day. They had rather put me through all these changes for no reason and I closed the account. Now it's my time. They knew what they were doing trying to get even with me for something they did. They don't have to read their notes anymore. They can read what I wrote. All monkeys belongs in the zoo. Can you imagine walking into a Citibank seeing a monkey sitting behind a desk with a pen and a paper in his hands. Trying to figure out how many bananas his fellow monkeys can eat. That's an easy job for them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

How do you spell incompetent? I spell it Citibank. I was scammed by an international company in 2014 & 2015. I have attorneys working on the problem, but I needed some documentation from Citibank. There were other banks involved. Citibank's share was $19,500.00. So I sent letters from my attorneys and other detailed documentation to all of them. When I knew what the answer would be, but I needed it in writing to process my case. The other banks responded in about 30 days, so NP. When I called Citi the runaround was ridiculous and they said they never received my documents. Well I have the Proof of Delivery. Then they told me I sent it to the wrong address. Well it seems a corporation the size of Citi would be able to forward mail internally.

Anyway they gave me a new address. So I sent the paperwork again. When I followed up no one seemed to know anything about it, but I have the POD. Finally I got the letter from them that I needed, but the account number was an account that had been closed for years and they sent the document to the wrong address. Thank goodness the USPS forwarded it. By the way all of my documents have my correct address and account number on them. Obviously that would not help my case.

So I checked out this "Executive Committee" that is supposed to solve problems. I spoke to a representative the first of December 2017 and by now 5 months had gone by. She told me she would contact me by December 13th. Nope didn't happen. So I sent my documentation with POD once again to the CEO of Citibank and finally got a call with a verbal apology and my correct letter. By the time this happened the company I was trying to get my money back from filed for liquidation. So Citibank's incompetence made me miss my window of opportunity. I am still pursuing this with legal counsel, but don't hold out much hope. Thanks Citibank!

Citibank expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1812, Citi is a leading global bank with approximately 20 million customer accounts in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank works to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products.

• Services and products: Citi has a vast array of services for individuals, businesses and governmental institutions. Their products include banking, credit cards, lending and investing offerings. The Citi services include online banking, account alerts, bill pay, eBills, money transfer, Popmoney® and more.

• Locations: Citi is organized around four geographic regions; Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America and North America. The company has offices in most every major city in the world.

• Credit cards: The Citi credit cards include Visa and MasterCards across most segments including low interest, balance transfer, rewards, no annual fee, cash back, business, student, travel, secure and more.

• Mobile banking: The Citi mobile app allows consumers to keep track of their banking transactions, move money, pay bills, email funds and more. The interactive, graphic displays help customers manage their spending and saving.

• Security: Citi offers online and mobile fraud protection, identity theft solutions, overdraft protection and the highest level of asset defense.

• Special offers: Citibank offers customers an array of lending, banking and credit offers that are regularly updated.

• Best for: U.S. citizens, global citizens and travelers looking for banking services for any situation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg