1.16/5
Based on 154 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1175 Citibank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

They continue to block our account even though we've told them on several occasions that we will be overseas for several years. They have blocked basic options as seeing your online bank statements. Worst Bank ever!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have been a loyal Citibank customer for nearly 20 years. My recent experience illustrates their incompetence and callous disregard for their small business customers. In April 2018, I received multiple letters advising me to contact the Citibank call center to provide information for their KYC compliance program. I contacted their call center in the Philippines and provided all requested information (business address, beneficial ownership info, etc.). Each time I told them that nothing had changed on any account. Later, I received email messages advising me to contact the call center again. Once again, I provided the same information over the phone and via email. I also visited the branch multiple times to confirm that they had all required information for all accounts. I asked the representatives multiple times to confirm that they had all information for all accounts. Multiple people responded affirmatively.

On the morning of June 16th of 2018, I discovered that 2 of my business accounts were frozen and nearly $200,000 had been removed. When I contacted the call center to inquire about this, I was transferred to 5 different people. I was on the phone for nearly an hour. Once again, I told the call center representatives that I had provided all requested documentation. When I told them that their actions would damage my business because I could not make payroll, their response was “I apologize for the inconvenience.”

At the time I discovered that my accounts were suspended, I was out of town. I had to cut that trip short and drive nearly 400 miles back home to visit the Citibank branch to seek an immediate resolution. Over the next few days, the Branch Manager investigated and told me that I had done everything correctly. Eventually, Citibank reopened the two accounts and sent me a check for the balance owed. However, it was too late. Citibank’s actions already put my business in jeopardy. They caused checks and auto-debits to bounce, caused multiple missed deposits, caused me extreme inconvenience, and resulted in added costs and lost time.

I was shocked to learn that Citibank chose to off-shore its KYC compliance function. People in an off-shore call center are making decisions resulting in the closure of business accounts for their customers in the mainland United States. If you value your business and reputation, choose a bank that will not put it at risk. I have now moved my business accounts to a local bank that employs American citizens in its KYC function. I will be requesting Citibank to reimburse me for the damages I incurred as a result of their actions (merchant processing fees, check replacement, etc.). I have shared my experience with my friends and colleagues and will continue to advise them not to bank with Citibank.

Citibank • 1175 Customer Reviews and Complaints • ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 16, 2018

I could never get anyone at my local branch on 8701 Bird Road, Miami, Fl. I called the national customer service 800-374-9700. I wanted to open a new account to add to my existing accounts. After two calls waiting for over 10+ min, then the operator hung up, I gave them the final shot. I called, chat, I was told that they had no knowledge of the Citibank no penalty cd (which I had been targeted for on an email that very day) plus it was ALL OVER the internet...switched to a supervisor, who was lost, switched to her superior and was told that someone would be back to me within 7 to 10 business days. WOW. This is the single WORST bank all around.

Original review: July 14, 2018

This bank has terrible customer service. I looked online on my accounts and it showed a $0 balance (I freaked out because of how much money I deposited in it and it was missing). I called customer service, after waiting 10 minutes on hold the rep. they proceeded to tell me they closed the accounts. She could not tell me the reason why but I knew why.

Almost 18 months ago I made money off of a cash bonus offer from opening up an account through them. There was another cash bonus offer last month so I did the same this time and of course I read all the rules to make sure I could get the cash bonus. So I know they blacklisted me but of course I cannot prove it. I contacted their online chat and that rep. told me they closed the account due to not receiving the proper documents they requested. I sent those documents by email and mail the day of the request. They never contacted me saying the documents were not received. This is a dirty, dishonest bank.

Original review: July 14, 2018

This firm is bogus! Do not invest $ with these **. They will cheat you out of bonus money! I will no longer do business with these clowns! I abided with all the requirements and they told me I wasn't eligible for the bonus!!! Screw you, you **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citibank?

Original review: July 11, 2018

On June 13, 2018, without any warning for communication, all of my Citi accounts were blocked. There was no information at the branch as to what happened or why it happened. There were no unfilled information requests from with the banking or investing divisions. Nobody knew what was going on and the personnel, who were identified to me as "agents" were unable or refused to provide any information. At the local branch, they were informed that an unblock would occur 6/15, 6/16 and each day till finally unblocked 6/21/18. There were automatic payments that were not made causing late fees and possible notations on my credit reports. The anguish cannot be described!!! There is no way to roll that back. The fact that a financial institution can hold your assets hostage is beyond any reasonable account, is in my humble opinion illegal or should be a punishable offense.

Remember, there was no open data request and the was a ** at some level and someone ** hit the wrong BUTTON. Someone wronged me and many others, and they are scot-free and happy as a lark. This person or persons should be held accountable, but the KYC in Citi I hiding behind a corporate veil. This should be investigated.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I had Citi for less than 4 months. I was given an introductory period with a promo 0% APR and they still charge me interest. It was a huge ordeal and I ended up just paying interest and closing the account. Granted it was not that much money since it had only been 4 months but the process to correct their mistake was a headache and never resolved. Do not recommend.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Citibank has always been difficult but this is just crazy! They have blocked access to my business account that I have had for 20 years. I filled out the form, they still won’t unblock. I can’t believe this is legal? I can’t pay my bills, my check to the state bounced.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I will never ever recommend no one to Citibank. I opened a new account and they blocked it. They won't let me withdraw the funds that they say aren't fraudulent. But right now I need them. My daughter and my grandbaby were killed in a car wreck and all they tell me they can't help me. Well I hope it never happens to one of them

Original review: July 6, 2018

One June 22, after failed attempts at two different ATMs to deposit my mother’s annuity checks, I was informed at a branch office that the account was frozen because of Citibank’s investigation of trusts for “money laundering activities”. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I should have been immediately and directly informed not only of the freezing of the account but also of the basis for such action. I was asked to provide information on “source of income” and the trust.

I am extremely offended and angry particularly given the fact that my parents were loyal Citibank clients. My parents were good, honest, hardworking people. My father must be rolling in his grave over allegations being made against his wife and family. Since the passing of my father, I have been caring for my 88-year old mother who is homebound due to her mental and physical disabilities. Before he died, my father asked that I promise not to place mom in a nursing care facility. With the help of three caregivers, I have been able to keep her in the home they shared for over 45 years.

The freezing of her account, not once but twice has placed an unnecessary burden on meeting financial obligations including the weekly payment for caregiving services. The responsibility for my ensuring my mother’s continued care is one that consumes the majority of my time and good amount of my personal income. It is an obligation that I do not take lightly.

On June 29, when attempting to process bill payment, I discovered the account was again frozen! I made several phone calls (one placed me on hold for 50 minutes) throughout the day resulting in numerous transfers ending with a representative who forwarded a 15-page questionnaire. I was informed that I could type responses on the document. I could not. I was also unable to print the document. I contacted technical support but they were unable to provide assistance. I then tried taking and printing screenshots page-by-page. But the print was reduced and barely readable. Also, the majority of questions were not applicable. The entire process only added to my frustration and anger.

After several sleepless nights of trying to sort out the reason for this sub rosa investigation, the only possible reason was the wire transfer of money for the renovation of rental property in preparation for sale. Yesterday, July 2, I contacted the property manager for assistance. He has known and worked with my father for more than 20 years. Being as shocked and incredulous as I was, he immediately provided supporting correspondence concerning the wire transfer. If I am correct, all of the stress and loss of precious time, could have been avoided with a simple, direct inquiry about said transfer. Yesterday I received calls from two caregivers. They were unable to cash their checks. They are single women with children. Citibank’s actions has not only impacted my family but also the women who I consider as family and could not care for my mother without their loving care.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I've had troubles since November with Citibank's Know Your Customer policies. I submitted all documents requested of me, before the deadline, and since then I have had my account blocked three times with no warning and no consistency in communication. Depending on the day and who I speak within their business support unit, I am alternately told to resubmit certain documents or that everything is in order. I get notices sent monthly to my business saying I need to contact Citi support immediately to for further information requests. I call in, they tell me the mailing was sent in error, and to ignore it.

Our payroll sweep and rent check both bounced and we were unable to make a some scheduled wires, on top of all the other inconveniences, and the worst possible sin we could have committed to earn this punishment is having submitted an incomplete Beneficial Ownership Form. Exacerbating things is that no one in business support unit seems to be taking ownership of these KYC issues, there's no feeling of urgency, and zero apologetic tone.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Blocked my account without any notice and no one to speak after a mistake of their own KYC employee and still no one can do anything and there is nowhere to complain to. All you get are persons repeating the same thing like robots; four days. No one cares that their own staff messed up. Citibusiness customer service cannot help. No one can help. They don't care about their customers anymore. It's not the Citi I once know.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I called Citi on 3 separate occasions to stop a recurring payment from an authorized vendor. They promised me each time they have placed a stop payment. At the end of the month, my card got charged again. Their mistake cost me $2,500.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one livid with CitiBusiness's bizarre recent activity. Accounts blocked, with no warning or notice that it would happen. I called, gave them all the information their "analysts" needed. But the woman telling me is extremely important information about how and why my account was blocked, couldn't even explain to me in clear understandable English WHY this happened. When the account is blocked, nothing can go out OR in which is just SUPER for a business. Checks I had out bounced, payments returned. It was an admin nightmare.

Fortunately, my account was unblocked in a pretty quick turnaround, much to my surprise. It was a nuisance but resolved relatively quickly so thought I was through the issue - then, out of nowhere AGAIN my card is declined while trying to use it in a public setting. This is BEYOND embarrassing but also seems rather criminal. They've once again frozen my account because the "analyst" needs MORE information. They froze my account on a Friday - and they are closed ALL weekend. Meaning, I couldn't access funds through the weekend and now I'm being told that it could take another 4 business days to unblock... With the holiday right in the middle of this week, I likely going to be out of my account until next week. I can't wait to get my funds freed up so that I can close this account and take my business elsewhere.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE. This is not a normal gripe about annoying fees or bank practices. This is a serious issue that is out of control and has to be criminal in some way. How is it they can do this?!? There was NO way for me to avoid this block until it was too late. I'm furious and want to help anyone I can avoid this scam of a practice if I can.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My card was hacked. I have now called 7 times to Citibank on the same issue. Every month they say they will resolve the issue and fraud charges keep coming from the same vendor. Every month I have to call Citibank on the same issue. Each month they cancel the card and issue a new number. They say the vendor is blocked, then why do they say they have to cancel the card and issue a new one? They don't need to issue a new card. I no longer use this credit card and I never will use it again. They need to resolve the previous fraud changes that I keep calling them about and they keep saying they are working on it. COSTCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE SWITCHING TO **.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Disputed a product charge from a merchant who only sold at conventions and who refused a return both to the distributor and to the manufacturer. Internal product instructions stated a medical condition for which I couldn't use the product. I don't think the Citi dispute investigator even read my replies. Was denied claim when I didn't provide proof of return (they never told me to do this!). Finally the phone person gave me a manufacturer's address and told me to send it back there anyway. But when I provided the proof of return the next day to Citi, I was denied the claim again because I hadn't provided the proof the first time! And there were still several weeks left to provide proof! Worst CS experience EVER!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am a small business owner with a business bank account at Citibank. We have had our account for about 4 yrs. Today I went into the branch to see why I could not log into our account. I was told that our account was completely frozen! I was directed to a banker who informed me that due to some KYC procedure they claimed they mailed notices to my business address... which I have NEVER received requesting information about my business. And since they didn’t receive the documents they froze my account. The interesting thing is that I have received all my statements in the mail at my office address which they have on file AND I have received email notices about general information from Citibank. I have also been in the branch at least once a week within the past 30 days and no one has mentioned anything about missing documents that are SO urgent that my account can be frozen if they are not received.

I also logged into my account about a week ago and no notifications of any sort. We have payroll checks that have been sent out, office rent due, along with a host of other business expenses that are due by the 1st. Not to mention we have closed escrows and our wires were sent to our business account which we cannot access to pay out commissions. This is INSANE that Citibank can freeze your account without proper notice... especially for a small business. So unacceptable!

I also had to go through a series of very invasive questions with a phone rep that was definitely not located in the U.S. due to the lack of understanding on her part of the simple answers to the questions she asked me. Questions regarding my personal income, wealth, etc. I was asked what I intend to use my business account for. I answered we will be receiving commissions for real estate & mortgage transactions. She then asked what would be the purpose of the account. I am so confused and frustrated. At this point I DO NOT want anything to do with Citibank. This is NO way to treat customers. It’s definitely borderline harassment. Beware if you have a business account with Citibank. Move your business account somewhere else so you don’t have this nightmare!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Basically Citibank is randomly blocking accounts in an attempt to follow the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970. They got fined a hefty amount this year and now appear to be out of control. I have had my account blocked THREE times since April, 2018. The 2nd time I answered HIGHLY personal questions as to my income source and other details that in my opinion is NONE of Citibank's business. I have been with this bank for approx. 14 years and if ANYONE in Citibank would review my account history they would find NOTHING suspicious.

Upon the 3rd time Citibank sent me a letter threatening to block my account if I did not call them back and give them more information, I took the letter to my local Citibank branch. The employee called the Consumer Business Support desk. (I use the term "support" very loosely here!) The branch employee told me to "IGNORE" this letter, AND since I would be receiving more letters (some nonsense about not being able to cancel other such letters) in the future letter threatening to block my account. However since ALL questions had been answered and it was OK. Well not really.

My account has not been blocked for at least the past TWELVE business days. I am still waiting for some analyst to review my case and unblock my account.

NO one at Citibank that I am able to speak with knows what is really going on. All I hear is it will be unblocked in 4-5 business days, NOT! In the end, I have no choice to wait until my funds are once again MINE, then I will go and take out every last cent and move my business to another financial institution. I am so shocked and outraged at the actions of this bank and the incompetence of its employees. If you have ANY type of monetary account with Citibank I suggest you serious consider your options.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I would advise anyone considering banking with Citibank and opening a checking/savings account with them to avoid it at all costs. I signed on to one of their recent promos and have gotten mixed messages on the requirements to meet the promo. I was sent an email telling me to do one thing to meet the requirement, only to talk with a Citi representative later and was told that I was disqualified because I had to meet another requirement. I have never experienced such deceptive marketing practices with any other banks and will be logging a complaint with the Federal Reserve, CFPB, and any other financial authorities to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Citi is essentially tricking people into opening accounts, taking in and holding their money to make profits off of, and not guaranteeing the client the reward by twisting the promo requirements after the fact. DO NOT OPEN an account with Citi to save yourself the headache and time lost allocating your money with them. I have banked with other big banks and this never happened. Good luck retaining customers Citi, or is that not in your interest because you are making money off of these schemes?

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have held three business accounts with Citibank for the past 30 years. My accounts have been blocked as a result of the new KYC procedures. I first received the urgent notices on June 8th, 2018 stating I needed to contact Citibank by July 8th, 2018 before account access would become limited. My assistant has been in contact with numerous representatives since receiving the initial notification as each time she would speak with a representative she was told there is additional information still pending.

We have been in full cooperation throughout this entire process, we have been in touch with representatives throughout the month to ensure all requirements are satisfied, and as asked, we have completed all outstanding tasks and were finally told we had successfully met all pending KYC procedures and that my accounts would remain fully accessible on June 22, 2018. Despite having done all the required tasks, a block on my accounts was initiated back on 6/19/2018 without warning when speaking with the representative over the phone on June 22, 2018, nor communicated to us in any other manner, instead we were told the exact opposite by the representative as I stated before, that my accounts would remain active and fully accessible if the forms were submitted that day on June 22, 2018.

I have contacted numerous customer representatives over the phone, the majority of the calls were routed to representatives oversees causing much language barriers and the inability to communicate information effectively nor provide any assistance to resolve the blocked status of my accounts. Two members of the firm have met with the local branch located by our office in Chicago twice this week and have submitted the required documents for the second time on June 27th, 2018.

After submitting the forms, we were told the accounts would open after 24 hours. Despite the branch’s effort to assist in resolving this issue and many attempts to contact the KYC case management team themselves, have had little or no success and my locked accounts have yet to be resolved. Today we are still waiting for the accounts to reopen and it has been over 48 hours since Monday’s submission.

I will be asking for full compensation as this entire process has caused us a great deal of time, trouble, and overall cost. To date, this has cost the involved employees at our firm, at their hourly rate a total of $3,725.00 which has yet to be finalized along with handling the other pending issue regarding the returned IRS check due to the blocked status on the account and will equate to a much larger total with interest and penalties. We are a financial firm that has always ensured all payments have processed in a timely manner, we do not wish to have our reputation tarnished as checks are returned and payment has been stopped as a result for KYC’s incompetence, not to mention us being delinquent to the federal government even though we sent the payment early.

Original review: June 21, 2018

After banking with them for 30 years, Citibank sent me a very intrusive questionnaire on my business. Their real message-- prove to me that you are not laundering money. I sent in the completed forms on May 18th - two emails with attachments and proof of delivery. They not opened/read them (you pick) and froze my account with no warning. It has been frozen for a week. My local branch in Foster City has been doing their best to help. Nationally - no sorry , remorse-- and it will take 4 days at least to unfreeze it. The MINUTE it is unfrozen I will be moving out of our 7 accounts we have with them- STAY AWAY from Citibank if you own a business.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have been make a payment net banking SBI to Citibank credit card, but it has not received on 23 May 2018. SBI has declared that we have make a payment on 24 May 2018, 1 month passes away the amount of RS 6472/- not received to Citibank, this is one type of fraud. Both are not accepting about payment.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We spoke to Peter **, CitiBank representative from Jacksonville, Fl. We called about a due payment for a credit card that we paid off in the month of May. He answered the call very defensively. We explained that we paid off our credit card, and asked why we were still being charged. He interrupted us every time we tried to explain. He said that we were misinformed by the customer service rep when we called to pay off the credit card but "oh well".

Original review: June 19, 2018

Calling customer service and listening to automated system is a lot more pleasant than their live people on the other end of the phone. Most of their Specialist and Customer Service Reps need proper training on how they talk to customers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My Wife wants close CD with CITIBANK Laurel Lake branch Maryland and she called online banking customer service and they ask approach to bank branch. She ask me to forward letter for closing CD account. As Husband When I approach the bank employee Mr. Lawrence **. He refused to accept letter. What Nonsense. He argued my wife should be present. I say no because she is sick. They never respect anybody. We have joint checking and CD with them since twelve years. This shows willful negligence.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I received one of the worst customer service from the San Lorenzo office Ca Citibank. The assistant branch manager name Shannon provided one of the worst customer service possible. I went in to get information about opening an escrow account and waited in line and sign my name. When it was my turn she skip me to the person after me. I ask why. Her response was, "If you don’t like it you can leave." I felt like I was disrespected.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Citibank for over 25 years. A few months ago I started receiving urgent letters from Citibank asking me to contact them with necessary information by a certain date, otherwise I would no longer have access to my accounts. These letters have to do with the "Citibank Know Your Customer" policy which requires me to provide them with a lot of personal and business information, including what I own and what my income is. Even though I thought that many of the questions were way over the line, I fully cooperated.

Two weeks ago I once again opened a FedEx envelope and found yet another one of these KYC letters. I knew that I already had taken care of this for all my accounts and went to my Citibank branch to ask for help. The banker I spoke to told me that I can disregard the letter because it has to do with a credit line account with a zero balance that I have never used. The banker also told me that someone from Citibank will call me within two days to confirm this. Nobody ever called me and three days ago I found out that they had blocked all of my accounts for no reason at all and without warning.

I have spoken several times to the Bank Manager about this and he promised me that my accounts will be unblocked as of late Friday June 15. Today is Saturday and all accounts are still blocked. I find it outrageous that a bank can do this with my money. This is a huge inconvenience because I was expecting a substantial deposit yesterday and also have three automatic debits which were due yesterday.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I kindly asked Jenny (Client Relations Dept) to help me with a dispute I'm having with a merchant. She asked me, "Which number did you fax the 2 dispute letters to?", I replied, "866-799-4758." She said, "That is the wrong number." I asked, "Why is it the wrong number?" She said, "Don't curse or I will disconnect the call and hung up the phone." I explained, "The letter plainly states the number in black and white" before she disconnected.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was approved for a Citi credit card. Email and mail approval with last 4 digits are of account number. Needed to purchase airline tickets soon which was the only reason I applied for the card in the first place. 1 week and 3 hours on the phone later. No account number. Hung up on for foul language. Told I don’t have an account. Assured I would receive my card within the week. COME ON! I am a new customer, help me out. All I want is my info to spend money and pay you interest. DO NOT SET UP AN ACCOUNT WITH CITI! No ifs, ands or buts. You will regret it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

They cancelled my Visa debit card before expiry date without prior warning or replacement merely because they decided to change supplier to MasterCard. I live abroad and on my payday was deprived of accessing my funds without warning, being left with no fuel 14kms away from home and almost no phone battery. I called them and they couldn't sort out the issue then making me walk home through the mountains and ask for help of strangers. 2 weeks later they still haven't made a new card arrive to my location in Europe.

Called customer service more than 30 times since then spending hundreds of dollars in international calls. Customer service lied to me several times: said they would send a card 1st thing next Monday but didn't. Then said they'd send by quickest courier but their quickest courier takes 10-12 working days to deliver from Australia to Europe. When customer service assistants were useless they said supervisor was not available but would call back in 4 occasions... but they didn't. After I told them I had to receive the new card within 9 days or I wouldn't be at that location anymore, they assured me that wouldn't be a problem. When only 2 working days remained and I still hadn't received it, I called them and they gave me a tracking number.

Using the tracking number I found that the expected delivery date was 3 days after I had left on a business trip. I call them again and then they said that the best solution was to cancel that card and have another one sent to my hotel in London. I was very reluctant as I would only be there for 5 days but they assured me there was no way I wouldn't receive my card before checkout date. 4 days into my stay I hadn't received the card so I got in touch (again!) with customer service and they checked the status and reassured me it was in London and would be delivered by 9am next morning. 9am next morning I still hadn't received the card so I get in touch AGAIN with customer service and they say they need to check situation and get back to me. An hour later still no news and I need to check out so I call again and they say the card can't be delivered that day at all.

I ask to speak to supervisor but there's none available so they say supervisor will call back. Supervisor calls back but has no solution to my problem but cancel that card too and send a new one but it will take another 10 to 12 working days to arrive by courier. I explain that I will only be home for 5 days and then going travelling for 3 months with no fix address and that if I don't have a solution to have a card to withdraw money and make payments within 5 days then I want to withdraw all the money from my current and savings accounts and close all accounts and I will be pursuing charges for compensation.

Supervisor says if I wish to close my account then he will put me through to a different team to check what my options are. I COULD NOT believe that if at this point there were other options they wouldn't have been presented to me after more than 2 weeks of hardship, extremely high levels of stress and financial losses on my side!! Call falls through and they don't call back. When I call back I am told that the supervisor in charge is on another call and will call me back shortly. I advise them I need a call back within 1h 30 or I would be flying and they reassure me they will call back.

2h later they haven't called back. My flight is delayed 25 mins so I call customer service again. I am told the supervisor has left and is no longer available and that there is no other supervisor to speak to!!! Only chance is to wait for a supervisor to call me within 24h to 48h and they have no solution to get me a card in less than 10 to 12 working days. During the process they have advised me to: 1.) borrow money off friends, 2.) transfer money to another account. UNBELIEVABLE! 16 days and I still do have ANY direct access to my account.

NO ONE told me my card was being cancelled before expiration SOLELY because they changed card supplier, inclusively I was at their physical branch 1 month before and was told my card would be active for another 4 months. The day before cancellation I was in touch with customer service for another issue and they failed to advised me - or I would have had my wages paid somewhere else and transferred my savings as well. They are lying, deceiving, acting as con artists and effectively depriving me from accessing my money.

Citibank expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1812, Citi is a leading global bank with approximately 20 million customer accounts in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank works to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products.

• Services and products: Citi has a vast array of services for individuals, businesses and governmental institutions. Their products include banking, credit cards, lending and investing offerings. The Citi services include online banking, account alerts, bill pay, eBills, money transfer, Popmoney® and more.

• Locations: Citi is organized around four geographic regions; Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America and North America. The company has offices in most every major city in the world.

• Credit cards: The Citi credit cards include Visa and MasterCards across most segments including low interest, balance transfer, rewards, no annual fee, cash back, business, student, travel, secure and more.

• Mobile banking: The Citi mobile app allows consumers to keep track of their banking transactions, move money, pay bills, email funds and more. The interactive, graphic displays help customers manage their spending and saving.

• Security: Citi offers online and mobile fraud protection, identity theft solutions, overdraft protection and the highest level of asset defense.

• Special offers: Citibank offers customers an array of lending, banking and credit offers that are regularly updated.

• Best for: U.S. citizens, global citizens and travelers looking for banking services for any situation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg