3.14/5
Based on 1,227 ratings submitted in the last year

1446 Citibank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

My husband and I wanted to buy a house and take out a loan along with it. Now usually that takes a long time however Doreen sped the whole process up. She walked us through every step, was patient with all of our questions, and got everything done in a timely manner. When she found out we were having some problems on other ends of this whole process, she helped with the other departments to get everything done on time. Thanks to her and her dedication, we are now moved into the new house with everything in place on the financial side.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I selected Citibank for my mortgage as I have a long standing relationship, several open accounts and the Services and Customer Service was always outstanding. The Mortgage Loan Officer was outstanding and very helpful from the beginning of the process even while I was looking for the right home. She was very patient and responded quickly to my question whether by phone or text and explained the different options so that I could make the right decision. Though I was disappointed in the timeframe between the documentation submissions, pre-approval and final approval which was very lengthy. Applying for a mortgage during the major holidays season further delayed the approval. They also do not provide home renovation loans which would have been useful as I now have to find another way to get this done. Overall I was satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I am a Citibank card holder and my credit card information was stolen. I discovered fraudulent expenditures on my credit card statement, which led me to investigate with the help of Citibank. It's been a stressful and unnerving experience, but the support I received from Citibank was prompt, efficient and professional. Thank you, A grateful customer!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The process was slow when I refinanced with Citibank, and sometimes I felt as though had I not called from time to time, they never would have picked up my file, but they were very nice each time I spoke to someone there, and ultimately, we did get it completed satisfactorily. Now they have sent my loan to another company for servicing and I am having problems there with getting my payments properly posted.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Have a mortgage with Citibank. Have had the loan for 20 years - it is an interest only loan. Citibank is very efficient and very easy to deal with. I like this type of loan cause I can do whatever I want to do on the spur of the moment - but dangerous if you can't pay the bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citibank?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I called Citibank to dispute a charge on my account, the representative rudely hung up the phone while I was disputing the charge. When I called back the representative tried to rush through the process without a solution. I told her that I will discontinue my business with Citibank because I do have another Financial center that I bank with and she just said okay, so I will be cancelling my account with Citibank. Customer representatives needs intense training how to address customers.

Original review: July 18, 2019

My husband opened up an online checking and savings account. He figured at some point in the process it would let him add his wife to the account. That never happened. It has literally taken months to add my name to the account, numerous phone calls, mounds of paperwork (many times duplicating what was already filled out) getting it notarized and it still has not been taken care of the way we want it done. It is terribly frustrating and I am so done with Citibank.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The agents doesn't know what they are doing and wouldn't care if you got scammed for $1500. They are Asians and shame on them for not knowing how to help a customer. They never gave my money back and closed my account and not letting me know. Never going back.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was already a Citibank account holder in Australia when I moved to US. I started a new checking account here in US which was so lengthy and lots of documentation process. Finally opened the checking account in March 2019 and I want to save up some money so I applied for a Accelerated savings account and so ridiculous I have been asked to submit the same documents that I submitted for opening checking account and the process is so so long. Submitted my application in May and till now I have not been able to open the account.

When I called today the call center staff told me that I did not upload documents in time hence the account is closed. I told them to stuff up and after contacting BOA I got my account opened in few hrs. Their online portal just asked me to check a box if I want to use the same documentation that I used for opening checking account and pronto all done. I am planning to close all my accounts with CITI. VERY VERY POOR customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I opened the account and verified their minor deposits/withdrawal from my external account on 6/27. Following multiple calls and discussions with dreadful computer and with new account representatives and 2 different supervisors (I was then disconnected with no call back when I requested yet another supervisor) - I finally went online and closed my account through online chat. Although they kept telling me the fund transfer to open the account was pending - they could not seem to process it. They said to try the whole process over (another 5-10 business days!).

They were so incapable! After the first call, I responded to a survey and even a follow-up call to the survey (advising that Citi was a total failure). No help. Such difficulty getting through to an actual person (each time) only to find their English lacking or inability to access the Citi ‘system’ or incapable so they would transfer me back to the *#** computer. If it is that difficult to transfer money in and to resolve issues - imagine if you actually wanted money transferred out. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere! They don’t deserve even one star.

Citibank expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1812, Citi is a leading global bank with approximately 20 million customer accounts in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank works to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products.

• Services and products: Citi has a vast array of services for individuals, businesses and governmental institutions. Their products include banking, credit cards, lending and investing offerings. The Citi services include online banking, account alerts, bill pay, eBills, money transfer, Popmoney® and more.

• Locations: Citi is organized around four geographic regions; Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America and North America. The company has offices in most every major city in the world.

• Credit cards: The Citi credit cards include Visa and MasterCards across most segments including low interest, balance transfer, rewards, no annual fee, cash back, business, student, travel, secure and more.

• Mobile banking: The Citi mobile app allows consumers to keep track of their banking transactions, move money, pay bills, email funds and more. The interactive, graphic displays help customers manage their spending and saving.

• Security: Citi offers online and mobile fraud protection, identity theft solutions, overdraft protection and the highest level of asset defense.

• Special offers: Citibank offers customers an array of lending, banking and credit offers that are regularly updated.

• Best for: U.S. citizens, global citizens and travelers looking for banking services for any situation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg