1.12/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Citibank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1498 Citibank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have been banking at Citibank for over 20 years. They changed names a few times but I always stay with them. Their customer service is also good. They always help me if I have a problem, most times they can handle it through the phone. I have been very happy with Citibank.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My husband and I wanted to buy a house and take out a loan along with it. Now usually that takes a long time however Doreen sped the whole process up. She walked us through every step, was patient with all of our questions, and got everything done in a timely manner. When she found out we were having some problems on other ends of this whole process, she helped with the other departments to get everything done on time. Thanks to her and her dedication, we are now moved into the new house with everything in place on the financial side.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Alameda branch is the closest, so I solve all my banking needs there. Every time the service is impeccable. On Apr. 27 it was again time for banking and had to talk to the manager, Mr. Ryan **. He was fast, courteous, efficient, nice. I was truly impressed. Good job!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I selected Citibank for my mortgage as I have a long standing relationship, several open accounts and the Services and Customer Service was always outstanding. The Mortgage Loan Officer was outstanding and very helpful from the beginning of the process even while I was looking for the right home. She was very patient and responded quickly to my question whether by phone or text and explained the different options so that I could make the right decision. Though I was disappointed in the timeframe between the documentation submissions, pre-approval and final approval which was very lengthy. Applying for a mortgage during the major holidays season further delayed the approval. They also do not provide home renovation loans which would have been useful as I now have to find another way to get this done. Overall I was satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I am a Citibank card holder and my credit card information was stolen. I discovered fraudulent expenditures on my credit card statement, which led me to investigate with the help of Citibank. It's been a stressful and unnerving experience, but the support I received from Citibank was prompt, efficient and professional. Thank you, A grateful customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citibank?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I disputed the transaction which I did not use. But they said, somebody physically showed up and used it so I need to pay for it. I’m not even sure what they investigated. They did not even check the receipts or cctv. They even notified it to me 30days later so Merchants could not even provide me the receipts since they keep it for 30days. I think Citi bank purposely did that so that I cant prove the truth. It seems to me they did nothing and no willingness to help customers. They even pushed me as a liar that I used card and I disputed. Very low quality company!!!! I have decided to file it to police dept. Everyone, please do not trust citi bank.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

DO NOT BELIEVE that you will get an email "ALERT" 5 days before late fee and interest charges occur. Spoke with CSR and could not get fee waived. Have been a Citi customer for many years, without a single late payment. That is gratitude for you! Missing an email statement was costly. I am now back on the USPS service with paper statements and will drastically reduce my usage of the Citi card. To me, it is nothing more than a FEE GENERATOR for Citi.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Banked with this nightmarish bank for like a decade and they cannot provide bank statements either online or via email. I closed my account recently due to relocation outside US. When I asked for my bank statements to be emailed to my registered email they were not able to send me the copies of my statements. This went for 3-4 months. At last I gave up and asked them mail me the statements to my registered US address, they first told me they have serviced the request and statements were on the way. After a couple of weeks, when I called they said that the request was never serviced and that for the request to be processed I have to pay a service fee. I was willing to pay the service fee but then they told me that I have to pay it in a branch. I have relocated to Europe and Citibank branch here. It's a nightmare dealing with this bank. Worst bank ever to do business with.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Forty years banking here I get a flurry of emails announcing they have sent a new credit card to bump me up as a loyal customer for a benefit of concierge services I didn't ask for. Email states I should have card but I explain in call to customer service I didn't get it. Did get a Citi statement indicating my card number was changed: but to what? Statement doesn't say. However, CS says she can't tell me if the new card was or was not sent or what the new account number will be. (Puts me on hold, then): Oh, cards won't be sent out until mid September. Two weeks pass, today email reminding me to activate this alleged new card, I call CS again, no honesty there. Furious and disappointed and worried over identity theft due to the careless way they rolled out this new so called benefit.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I had 2 cards with them and tried to apply a credit from one as a payment to the other. Long story short, 2 months later and being reported to my credit report they had it all screwed up and blamed it on me! Actually lied to me and said they were refunding my money to my checking account and took all my info but later said oh no that was denied. AFTER they had me pay MORE money. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Citibank expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1812, Citi is a leading global bank with approximately 20 million customer accounts in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank works to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products.

• Services and products: Citi has a vast array of services for individuals, businesses and governmental institutions. Their products include banking, credit cards, lending and investing offerings. The Citi services include online banking, account alerts, bill pay, eBills, money transfer, Popmoney® and more.

• Locations: Citi is organized around four geographic regions; Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America and North America. The company has offices in most every major city in the world.

• Credit cards: The Citi credit cards include Visa and MasterCards across most segments including low interest, balance transfer, rewards, no annual fee, cash back, business, student, travel, secure and more.

• Mobile banking: The Citi mobile app allows consumers to keep track of their banking transactions, move money, pay bills, email funds and more. The interactive, graphic displays help customers manage their spending and saving.

• Security: Citi offers online and mobile fraud protection, identity theft solutions, overdraft protection and the highest level of asset defense.

• Special offers: Citibank offers customers an array of lending, banking and credit offers that are regularly updated.

• Best for: U.S. citizens, global citizens and travelers looking for banking services for any situation.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg