Chase Mortgage
1.67/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Chase has credit cards that can help you earn points on the things you love most, including travel. Read reviews for Chase Sapphire Preferred to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

1842 Chase Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Big Bankster mortgage lenders are truly the bloodsuckers of the People. At the very least, their interest rates should be capped at 2%. There should be far less red tape/paperwork, and the terms should be readable, i.e., in common English. Home loans should be available to individuals of ALL income levels.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I applied for a loan modification, only to be given the run-around. I was asked to submit the same paperwork several times because Chase claimed they never received it. Even though it was faxed from Chase bank. In conclusion, I never received a modification for my mortgage.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We tried Quicken Loans, they just ripped us off, no customer service. Chase has worked with us and made refinancing easy and painless. We met our closing agent at a restaurant near our home to complete the transaction.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Violated! That's how you feel after all of the data points and information required by the overzealous underwriters at Chase Mortgage. Good credit? Good job? Documented history of business with Chase? None of that matters. They want to nit-pick every penny you have ever spent. It's sad, because the lending agents seem to feel my pain. I doubt I will see approval from the underwriters (After pre-approval and conditional approval) but I will NEVER use Chase again for a mortgage. If they buy your mortgage after the fact, you are ok though. Hopefully I will get my deposits and earnest money back. If not, then it's off to court.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Sold my mortgage to another company after 16 years of me being with them and they only gave me 30 days to find another company. I did not have time to do my research to get the best deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Keep leading you on, more information needed all the time. Working for over 2 years and nothing. Never missed a payment but am behind according to them, no help whatsoever!

Original review: July 17, 2018

My home mortgage keep going up and up, as of Sept. the interest rate 10.25%. And I applied for a Harp 2 or 3 years ago, Chase said I did not qualify and now the interest rate is down. What's the problem. I am on a fixed income, everyone I know have a problem with Chase. I has written the BBB about their concern for customer, none.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I recently had flood damage at my home where Chase held the mortgage. My insurance company issued the initial check to me which Chase endorsed and the funds were used to pay the contractor for some of the work. After living in a motel for some 6 weeks we were getting ready to move back into our home and my insurance company issued another check for the moving expense. When this was taken to my local Chase bank they called the Chase claim department and I was advised that since the total of the two checks exceeded a certain amount, they would not endorse the check until there was an inspection since the two checks exceeded the limit by $100.

I advised the supervisor of the situation and the need to have funds to pay the movers who were coming in three days but she did not care. She insisted that the property be inspected before they would endorse the check but that would take days I did not have. She could not care less. Chase Mortgage did not care that I had never been late with a payment over some 10 plus years and would do nothing to help me. I will never do business again with Chase and would strongly suggest no one else do so. They are a typical big company that does not care about their customers.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was tempted to go through JP/Chase because I have had good relations with them for over 35 years. I own (paid) 3 homes and was looking to finance a 4th for my children in college. I have ample money to pay for it out of pocket but wanted the children to be responsible and to help me out. Let me tell you right away that Chase mortgage does not care if you have $5,000 and trying to finance or if you have $50,000,000 and trying to finance. They want to see every single thing you own and every dollar you spend. I understand they need tax docs and income statements and property statements. But I am still waiting for an official closing date. Day 55 and counting and I have given them everything I have.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm so sick and tired of discovering that they've ripped me off again! I literally get nauseous dealing with this company. They are not worth the frustration.

My mortgage was taken over by Chase around 2006. At that time, CHASE promised that all original agreements from the previous lender would be kept. There would be no changes. After a few years I lost employment and took advantage of HARP. I carefully reviewed every document that I signed. I still have them. None of the terms having to do with insurance or PMI changed. The only changes were for interest rate and payment schedule. Unfortunately, my loan was going from about 24 years to 40! It was do it or lose it.

Per the original loan, my PMI insurance was to stop in 2015. I could request it Jan 1, 2015 when it was to reach 80% value, or it would AUTOMATICALLY stop Dec. 1, 2015. I tried both. But the Jan. date required a home inspection, so I gave up and waited for December. It never happened. I made multiple frustrating calls to no avail. They were requiring a home inspection at my expense to make proof of value. But the loan documents only stated proof was needed for the earlier date. It didn't matter what I said, or who I talked to, the agreement would not be honored. AND, according to their computer info, that secondary date wasn't to happen until 2017. What?? When where did that come from? They certainly didn't discuss any changes with me! It didn't matter that I had proof otherwise.

CHASE continued to illegally charge me for PMI insurance all the way through the year 2017! It's like I constantly have to watch them, because they will try to slip stuff by. Recently they increased my monthly payment without warning, and the automatic withdrawal overdrew my account. We figured it out, but they should have communicated any changes like that.

Now I am realizing that the terms of my loan are not calculated in the standard way a loan is calculated. If I round UP to the nearest thousand owed, and increase the interest rate to 5%, and round UP Chase's listed escrow for my loan to the nearest $100, and even decrease my loan term down to only 30 years, I STILL get a loan payment cheaper than CHASE! For $119 of principal, I'm paying $200 interest. How's that going to work? Something smells really rank!!! i.e., DON'T USE CHASE UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO! They don't follow the rules, are unapproachable, and are obviously above the law!

Original review: June 13, 2018

My loan was taken over by Chase a few years back. I was looking to refi to drop my years to 15 and possibly roll a small HELOC in. Chase contacted me when I was working with another institution so I figured I'd see what they could do since they held my current loan. Chase said my home value and HELOC would be sufficient, I wouldn't need an appraisal since they held my loan and I'd been paying for so long.

After submitting tons of documents, signing paperwork, a $500 hold fee (to be reapplied upon closing) my phone and email started to get inundated with appraisal notices. I kept inquiring with Chase and was told they were looking into it. After a week and many complaints from me, Chase started to inform me I needed an appraisal. I insisted they reevaluate their "recorded" calls as that was not in my original agreement. Chase insists that their member never agreed with me, just speculated so an appraisal is necessary. I am not authorized to hear the calls. Chase misleads their customers.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This is a rogue bank, JP Morgan Chase Bank N.A. that is. Of course, this bank have the blessing of the Obama Administration in stealing ordinary Americans' livelihoods without due process of the law. Chase Bank took my home in 2015 on a discharged loan and I have no right to go to court on the matter. My lawsuits were dismissed twice. I will never forget nor forgive. They put my family in hardship I will never recover from.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Almost lost this house when everyone was losing their homes and I feel Chase took advantage of the situation for their benefit by making me start my 17 yr mortgage to start over at 30 again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Unless the loan officer is recommended by your friends or family. Do not risk going in and get a random loan officer. Go with a local bank if it's possible as they do things faster because one person or a team is responsible for your case. When it comes to the corporate world, it seems like no one knows or everyone refuses their responsibility.

My journey of obtaining the mortgage was a nightmare. I lost sleep over the entire process because of delays. The Seller was angry, threatened to cancel, and wasn't compromising. The loan officer was nowhere to be found and unresponsive. The loan officer was incompetence, unavailable, and irresponsible. So I tried to submit the documents myself on ** but it is wacky and unreliable, rather than fastening the process it causes more delays. I have submitted the documents many times but it keeps popping up the To-do-List and no specific instruction is left on what revision is needed. But when the loan officer submitted it (the same paper), it got reviewed correctly.

Not only they're not proactive but they're incompetence. The Underwriting team keeps asking the documents that have already been handed to the Loan Officer and Loan Processor. When I was running out of time, I had to hunt down the Manager, who came to the rescue. We barely made it in time. However, I had to release the Loan Contingency before the final approval and that was a huge risk to take but I did not want to lose the house. Luckily everything worked out, but please, please do not go over to Chase unless you know that the Loan Officer is going to do his/her job.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Too many forms to fill out, took way too long. Like over a month. Applied elsewhere and it was done very fast, without all the extraneous documents that Chase thought they needed.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Jumbo loan closed in 29 days. Chase just funded my purchase of a mid 1M+ home in Southern California. I contacted Chase through their online mortgage page on May 1st 2018. Dennis ** from the Arizona branch called me and helped me finished my loan application on May 2nd. At the time, I was working with another local mortgage broker, but their fees and rates were too high. Originally, I plan to put 20% down, but Denis convinced me to put down 25% for an easier approval.

After I submitted all the financial documents, I received a conditional approval on May 9th. There were about 10-12 conditions that I need to meet in order to get the full approval, which took the longest time. One of the conditions was to prove that I've made the 25% downpayment to the escrow. Apparently, the underwriter mistakenly thought the 25% was the earnest money deposit. Nobody should send in downpayment before the loan is fully approved, so I refused to meet this condition. Luckily, Kristi the loan processor was able to correct the underwriter's error and remove this condition. This process took two weeks. I took care of other conditions within hours.

I received the full approval on May 23rd. On the escrow signing day, to my surprise, Chase gave me additional $2500 because the actual closing cost is much more than their estimated cost. Well, Thank you Chase! (The escrow and title fee are fixed no matter what lender I choose). So here are a few things I learned and some advices. 1) Chase loan officer, processor are very professional and responsive. The turn around time is 0-4 hours. 2) Chase underwriter is slow, sloppy and ask for ridiculous conditions. The turnaround time is 8-48 hours. Be ready to explain something that you believe has nothing to do with the loan. 3) Chase online document server is buggy. I had to upload my prove of insurance 3 times. The best way is to email it to the loan officer. 4) Chase has the best jumbo loan rates. 5) If you stay on top of things, Chase can fund your loan in 30 days.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Customer service is in the Philippines and if you can get an American it is always the wrong department for whatever your need is. The application at a local branch is easy but once you get your loan and have to deal with Chase Customer Service it's terrible.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've been dealing with Chase as a private client for a few years and have to say am very disappointed. It started when I called the Cambrian branch in San Jose to inquire about a HELOC. Never got a return call so I went online and applied, we are now 45 days in and we never hear from our processor so when we email or call them, they tell us they need something else, but they never have once been proactive calling us to ask for anything. We email for updates and days go by with no response and we have about 5 people from Chase cc'd on the email as we've had to escalate to managers. I've had 2 home loans with them and will never use them again. I'm also going to close my private client account, there are no benefits worth this kind of unprofessionalism. They are terrible, avoid Chase at all costs, it's not worth the time!

Original review: May 27, 2018

My mortgage was a high amount. $647 per month principal, interest, taxes, and insurance! I received a letter from Chase offering a refinance of my existing mortgage with them for two percent reduction. The process was seamless; no costs out-of-pocket, and no monies from the refi added to my new balance. Now, my monthly PITI payment is $518, with no change of the duration of the mortgage. Thus, the monthly outlay for my housing needs is considerably an improvement! My house is a large two-story dwelling with 2 1/2 baths, Williamsburg style with full length covered porch on one acre of land in a great subdivision. Fantastic work from Chase!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Our original mortgage was with another lender which went out of business and was assumed by Chase. We also had a Home Equity Line of Credit with Chase. We recently paid off both loans. Their Customer Service was helpful with the process. The only complaint I have is that years ago we changed our payment from monthly to semi monthly and updated to auto withdrawal from our checking account which was also with Chase. Each time they withdrew the payment we were charged a service fee which I feel was unfair.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I refinanced my mortgage almost 10 years ago. I can recall an issue with double payments being taken out of my bank account and something with my taxes from my escrow account but eventually that got resolved. Other than that I haven't had any other issues.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Worst customer service ever. This is not hyperbole. Their delay and non response cost me thousands of dollars. Ultimately it cost Chase over $7k. I sued, won and collected. Public record San Mateo County.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I’ve been making extra principal payments for many years. Their online calculators to figure accelerated monthly or one time payments is easy to use. When I refinanced in 2005 they made it easy to sign papers out of my town due to a family emergency.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Good customer service, thorough, helpful, organized, easy to understand mortgage details. Called us about refinancing. It saved us $500 per month. We were with them for a long time and were always satisfactory.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Chase acquired our mortgage from Washington Mutual. We had several problems with Chase. Telling us our house had no insurance when it did, this happened a few times. Insurance company finally spoke with them. Somehow, our son’s name appeared on loan paper. He was seven when we bought the house. Took many calls and months to clear this up. We paid off loan. Weren’t happy with their service.

Original review: May 14, 2018

When I purchased my home in 2009, I purchased at FMV, but the racist chief appraiser didn't like the fact that I was buying in an all ** neighborhood so she raised the FMV up to $125,000. The house has never been worth that amount and considering the fact that it was built in 1954 with outdated fixtures and bad plumbing and structural damage, Chase should have said or done something considering they knew just like I knew the value of the house and my loan was PITI. My mortgage went up almost $300.00. I have been fighting with Chase to do something about it, but they wouldn't. Their only concern is getting the most money they can. I have tried to get a loan modification 5 times and each time, they lost paperwork and told me I had to resubmit it. I did that many times and was still turned down. I had to file bankruptcy to save my home while still making monthly mortgage payments of $880.00.

I fell behind and had to pay not only the bankruptcy amount, but the mortgage amount and an arrearage amount of $624.04. So the total amount I was paying each month to Chase was $1807.04 and my mortgage payments were suppose to be $697.00 in the beginning. I have paid the bankruptcy and the arrearage, but they are trying to foreclose on me because they say I haven't made a mortgage payment since August 2017, but I have bank statements that show I have made a payment every month. Chase is refusing to take a payment from me because they are trying to force me out of my house. I need an attorney in the worst way. Can anyone out there help me? I have every document and statement I've ever received from Chase. This is so wrong and I don't understand how they can do this to someone.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I made a mortgage payment over the phone because the online service wasn't working. I made an additional $5,000 in principal payment. I verbally asked the representative to confirm TWICE that the additional payment would be applied to principal. While the rep was repeating my concerns and her understanding for the concern she assured me the payment would be applied correctly. When I got my statement today the additional principal was applied to future mortgage payments and interest. It took a 35 minute phone call to straighten it out, and I'm still waiting for confirmation.

Original review: April 10, 2018

From the beginning until the end of the process, there has been chaos, miscommunications and mistakes done by Chase. There wasn't a single person responsible for the entire process at Chase and I think this was the source of most of the issues we've experienced. Mortgage application process: I'm not sure how many times our application forms had to be filled out and signed using mymortgage.chase.com and emails, but there were always documents missing that weren't uploaded or sent to us. We did countless back and forth during 10 days. Then Chase used the wrong State name (Delaware instead of New York) in our application file, we had to file a new application package again. My wife and I had to come in person to a local branch in Brooklyn as we wanted to sign all the papers in person and make sure that nothing was missing this time. At the closing, Chase asked me to sign many of the same documents all over again.

Interest rate: when the rates were around 4.10% we were advised by Chase to wait and not lock right away. The rates went up and we locked at around 4.375% when we were advised by Chase to lock. It took over 2 months between the time we provided Chase with a signed contract on January 17th and our closing on March 22nd. Chase didn't provide a "clear to close" until the very end. There was a lot of confusion as the Chase mortgage bankers would confirm that there was a "clear to close", but Chase's attorney would say the opposite.

My attorney and I insisted that Chase had the wrong real estate taxes for the property, and that monthly escrow amount was therefore inflated. This was reported several times to our Chase mortgage bankers and Chase's attorney, but never corrected in the documents. At the closing I ended up signing final documents that will lead to higher than needed escrow payments. Chase didn't provide the final numbers for the closing until the day before the closing.

The closing: Chase hadn't taken care of the wire transfer to pay the seller. We waited for about 2 hours for this wire to go through. Then we waited for funding approval. No one at Chase was able to give a verbal funding approval. We were about to leave and postpone or cancel the closing, as my attorney had to pick up her kids at school and then was going on vacation. We ended getting the funding approval at the last minute. You can imagine that all parties (buyer & seller side) were completely stressed out, nervous and horrified because of this situation. I can assure you that the real estate agents and attorneys involved will never ever want to work on a closing that involves Chase again. Applying for a mortgage with Chase was a very stressful experience, a waste of time and probably money, as I don't think we've got the best rate.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My daughter's father passed away in October of 2016 owing a mortgage to Chase. She went to the Surrogates' Court in NJ and was given the Administrator of Estate form to sell the house. We applied for a short sale and was approved. We found a cash buyer that issued all the required information Chase was requesting along with all the documents she needed to send them. It's been over a year and Chase is giving us the run around by not accepting the legal court document my daughter has from the Courthouse stating that she is the Administrator of his estate. When ask why they won't accept it, they just keep saying it won't close on a clear title. We contacted the Surrogates' office and was told that is a legal document and it's the law that Chase accept it and the house will close on a clean title with this document. We don't know what else to do, because as of today, they still won't accept it.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Have had this house for 30 years. In January I gave them my new account to take out my home mortgage payment. They failed to do so and failed to tell me they didn't making me late on two payments and ruined my credit while I was in the process of buying a new car to get to work. I'm single. When they, way too late, contacted me by mail and let me know they failed to take out two payments because I needed to go online or to my bank and "verify" my account for them. They had already done their "verification" online and DEDUCTED MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT but would not deduct the very payments they deducted the smaller amount out of!

Now because of late payments I cannot buy a car because they refused to have the mistake take they caused taken off my credit report causing me to lose a car loan. Explained this to you Tara at Chase! You said you would fall because CHASE DID NOT WANT TO TAKE MY HOME... Tara never called back... Now have less than thirty days to get out of my home. NO CAR=NO JOB=NO HOUSE. Thanks Tara and Allen! You got what you want. Hope all of you lose your homes someday some by a company as greedy as yours!

Chase Mortgage Company Information