Find a Mortgages partner

Chase Mortgage

3.9/5 (512 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner
Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Chase Mortgage

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Pros

• Work with local buying specialists
  • Available nationwide
  • Prequalify online

Cons

• May be subject to extra fees

Bottom Line

Chase has multiple types of mortgages. Use its online mortgage calculator to find out how much you qualify for and get guidance from a Chase home lending advisor.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Chase Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: April 29, 2021

The process of obtaining a loan was very easy. Everything was carefully explained to us very clearly. The bank associate was very nice and extremely patient and supportive, answering all of our questions and there were a lot of questions. We have now paid this loan and would highly recommend them.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Chase customer service is exceptional as well as the company itself. They are knowledgeable, understanding, compassionate, patient, kind and helpful. This is my fourth mortgage company and I have been with them over 10 years now and I am happy with my home so much I feel like family.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Chase sucks HUGE!!! When our mortgage got sold to Chase I knew things would be bad. I was so right. They send a letter saying that things will happen on certain dates related to access and of course they don't happen. Then we call and they act as if it is our fault. Hold times are ridiculous and then every time "they" transfer us they want to waste time with more personal verification crap so they can transfer us again. Cindy and Bernard in the "online or whatever department" are unhelpful and useless. All they want to do is verify who they are talking to.... So they can do the job they originally in writing stated they would do.

We did not ask for any of this time wasting Chase is providing. Chase bought our mortgage and now wants to torture us as if we caused the issue. We just want to pay the mortgage online and on time and Chase wants to make it as difficult as possible because that is what they do. Bernard and Cindy are perfect employees to assist the Chase goal of torturing all customers that are not wealthy corporate clients. Also they keep telling us the call is being recorded for whatever reason and I hope it actually is so they can hear how useless they are. Last and not least Bernard told me I was getting my "first warning" when I told him they are morons and unhelpful. I am not sure exactly what that means "first warning" but I found it laughable so I hung up on him for being a moron.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I’d give this bank a zero if I could. I settled on my house on November 6th and although they say they sent a check for reimbursement on the 10th, I’ve received nothing. I’ve called 3-4 times and have received only a ‘we will see if we can fedex it’ response. I can barely understand anyone I speak with as well. Also, with respect to my Chase credit card- I asked for a 5k credit increase because I was putting in a retaining wall and needed money literally to use for the week. Even with having 810 credit and a substantial income they refused because of ‘too much credit available.’ Unreal. Not a partner in any aspect. With respect to my owed funds, I’m beginning to question their Integrity- Matt G.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

This was one of the most horrific experiences I have ever had with a loan. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic, but it does not excuse the neglect and incompetence experienced. There was no point in messaging because the specialist would never respond. I was given a quote for an interest rate with no points and locked in that rate. Without explanation weeks later my locked-in rate changed to one with points, without any information provided on why whatsoever. Trying to get an answer was close to impossible.

My appraisal was performed by the laziest and most incompetent appraiser ever. He didn't even get out of his car to walk the property, didn't contact me to ask about the interior of the house or for interior pictures, did not ask about upgrades (there was over $200k in upgrades since buying 3 years ago), and appraised the house 300k less than two offers I had received that year when briefly on the market. Despite disputing the "appraisal" nothing was done. And I paid $600 for this "appraisal" which my toddler could have performed.

After agreeing to another rate and locking it in, points were then again added for no rhyme or reason, since all of the information was already available. Over the phone I would hear one thing, and then when getting the actual documents would see something else entirely. Maybe that is why messages and emails were almost never responded, they likely did not want to have anything in writing. It also took over 3 months for a simple refinance with someone with a credit score over 800, despite me providing absolutely everything requested within hours of the request. Someone really needs to get fired...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Chase advertises 21 days to closing. It did not happen at all. August 8 submitted all my documents, via email to the loan officer Ivy, uploaded and reloaded to the home loan page. All tasks were complete within 24/48 hours Income, met Credit Score exceeded 750. The underwriter requested $90,000 proof of assets over the amount provided by Chase. My loan officer told me that it was, however, this amount was never corrected.

Chase sent three emails to an Allstate insurance broker that I have never provided and did not authorize to contact. I reported this after the first email and the broker received additional two emails after The appraisal came out with plenty of mistakes including taking a lot size rather than property measures, using properties in different neighborhoods, lower quality (frame) smaller. Chase requested to review the appraisal and came out with the same mistakes. Chase requested to the same appraiser to perform a new appraisal (Chase only have one appraiser).

The new appraisal came out matching the contracted price. The loan manager Garett started to deal with me despite the endless problems at Chase end. I had to request an extension to the seller. Chase was unable to provide with a mortgage commitment letter after 45 days and having all the documents needed I feel that Chase has no idea about the mortgage and I dealt with a highly incompetent team at this Bank. On the opposite another bank has processed the same application in only 21 days (Chase 45 days).

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Poor customer service. Inconsistent policies and misinformation through the loan process. Great reputation and when we started the process was made to sound easy but our opinion quickly deteriorated and didn’t expect the process to take more than 2 months.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I gave a good faith deposit of $500 to do a refi on my house; they declined the refi due to low income (I have an S-corp which they did not take into consideration even though they asked for and I provided all of the information). I refied my house in 2011 with similar income with similar obstacles (self-employed S-Corp have extra hoops to jump through) without a problem.

Chase claimed they had a $535 drive by appraisal that would use up the $500 deposit. The appraisal had multiple incorrect bits of information, including that my house has a fence (it does not) and the pictures were easily from Google maps (which clearly show no fence); much of the other details were from when I purchased the house (ie, covered porch) and have long since been removed. The average cost of drive by appraisals in my area is between $300-500 so they overcharged on the so-called appraisal. They were responsive to my correspondence until I pointed out the fraudulent aspect of their activity. They responded to nothing after that. At $500/good faith deposit for every person they decline, that is quite a great scam Chase has going on.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Chase would not approve me for a loan, single female with continual score of 820+ for multiple years, years of owning homes, debt to income ratio well below the acceptable scores and 25 year of employment with the Feds. AND, they were holding the loan on the house I was selling. I got a loan with another lender very quickly, who sold the loan to Chase within a month or so after closing. I've been stuck with Chase ever since but would never seek a loan with them in the future. Customer service gives you lots of platitudes but do nothing to help.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I haven’t had to deal with them much, but when I did it was easy. I had no trouble contacting someone and had an easy time resolving my issue. Customer service was very helpful and knew the answers to my questions.

Chase Mortgage Company Information