Chase Mortgage
3.69/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Chase Mortgage

Chase is one of largest card issuers in the United States. A review of credit cards issued by Chase Bank shows a wide range of popular personal and small business credit cards which cardholders can use to earn earn cash back, points for travel, complete balance transfers and more.

Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but cards like Chase Sapphire Preferred (travel rewards) and Chase Freedom Unlimited (cash back rewards) both earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that can be combined so you earn rewards faster, making them worth considering. Several credit card offers also offer signup bonus deals as high as 60,000 points, worth up to $750 in travel plus benefits like trip protection (see Chase credit card offers for full details as terms apply).

View More View More

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1860 Chase Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 8, 2019

In 1988 we bought our first home. Our loan was through Chase mortgage. In 1995 we fell on some hard times, the company my husband worked for went on strike for 3 weeks. We were living paycheck to paycheck at that time so that month they were on strike we had no money coming in. I called Chase to tell them our situation and set up payment for that month paying half of our payment $495 that day and the other half $495 the following week which would make it one day late (this of course was way before online bill pay etc). They said that was fine. I sent the payments like we had arranged, now it was the beginning of the next month, we got a letter saying they applied it to our interest and that we were going into our second month of non payment on our loan and that they wouldn't accept any money for payment on the loan because our loan with them had been sold to a different mortgage company and that our home was IN FORECLOSURE.

When I tried to find out who our mortgage was now with they wouldn't tell me so I had no information on who to contact and Chase didn't care at all about us. Took the money, put it not toward our monthly payment so we were out that money, now trying catch up on 2 months payment on our loan... Long story short we lost our home because of Chase.. They are crooks, and practice fraud on a regular basis and I don't understand how they keep getting away with breaking the law like this for so long. I know a lot of other people who had similar problems with Chase, it broke our hearts to lose our home and will never understand how or why they didn't care about people and take their homes from them purposely and also taking people's money but not applying it where it should have gone, thus screwing us out of the money, keeping it for themselves leaving us in a terrible financial state!

We lost our home for god's sake... They should be held accountable for ALL of the other people. They have affected and taken $ from and put through such hardship and loss. We lost everything we had paid 8 years for! Why have they not been prosecuted in court because I know the average citizen would be in court if they took people's $ fraudulently!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I was a traveling notary for 11 years and Wells Fargo was the worst company to work for. They never got the documents on time. They never paid on time. They always had a complaint about something. The customer could never reach the same personal loan advisor which should have been available all the time.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We refinanced our home in 2003 and Chase bought our mortgage on the market. For years we paid extra to the principal, finally lowering our balance on a 30 year mortgage by 59 months. One day we received an offer for a "recast" of our mortgage. This is not a refinance but lowers your payments. What they hope is that you will make the lower payment and then they can recoup the interest that otherwise was paid off earlier.

There are no fees associated with their recast. We received on paper a document from Alexis at Chase stating what our new payment would be and if we continued to make the old payment, we could pay off the house sooner. That was our goal in the first place, lowering the balance and paying it off faster to be mortgage free in our senior golden years.

Well, a few months later I was looking at their online mortgage amortizing tool and saw that it had jumped forward a month for the final payoff date. Thought it was odd so contacted Chase. Found out that Alexis hadn't been accurate, perhaps intentionally to get us on this recast and our payoff date didn't change from prior to the recast. We had hoped to cut out another two years off the mortgage.

Also, the payoff date moved forward a few months from July to September. So now we have to pay much more each month if we wanted to cut out that extra two years we thought we had gained by the recast. Also, watch out for that mortgage amortizing tool on their website. It's clearly skewed in some way and will give you the wrong numbers. I would get a lawyer but think we will just sell the house in a few years and buy a home for cash.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The experience was so bad and cost me $6-7,000 more than it should have because of their negligence. Stay away from Chase is the best advice I can give anyone. By the way, I have spoken to many people who feel the same way.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! They lie about everything and don't give a rat's ** about you, all they want is to screw you over and say what a poor boy you are!!!! Stay away from them unless you want to be taken advantage of and ridiculed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: May 2, 2019

Child's first time mortgage loan, some of his credit history is cards that were in parents' name and we had issued him cards off of our accounts. He's no longer on these accounts as he's now a married adult. Chase wants US to provide OUR statements on the cards and give access to OUR accounts that we pay them from. Say what?! I'm not the one applying for the loan. Go elsewhere, no one should be treated this way. They say they aren't going to sell his mortgage. Hahahahahahaha. Waaaaay over the top and unnecessary underwriting process. Chase obviously is looking out for themselves and you are a mere peasant/thief begging at their door for handouts. If you don't want to be treated like you're in Communist China, apply elsewhere.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Our Mortgage has been with Chase for the last few years and we are more than frustrated with the bank's clear reluctance to apply funds correctly as we work to pay down the principal balance on our mortgage. We have sent in multiple extra payments that we have ear-marked as principal-only payments and yet Chase keeps applying them as though they are regular payments, taking big chunks of interest out. This happens even though we are fully current on our regular mortgage payments and even though we notify them in writing each time we send in an extra payment to apply it to principal.

I've talked to so many supervisors and each time I call they will reverse it/fix it, and they always promise it won't happen again - and then it does. I have called so many times I have now been given the direct number for supervisor Katrina and I've been promised my account is now coded to prevent this happening and yet it continue to happen. So, bottom line - BEWARE, and if you are trying to pay down your mortgage and sending in extra payments, make sure you always check to see if they are applying your funds correctly.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The website is not as user-friendly as it could be. That's the only way I know Chase and it is the only way I interact with Chase. Case in point, March 4, I submitted extra money as a "principal payment" but they listed it as a "payment" toward the overall loan. March 8 is convoluted as well. We made our regular mortgage payment, and I added another full payment to go toward our "principal" but it was simply applied toward the overall loan. And then, for some reason, there is a refund that was made on March the 8 as well - for over a $1000.00? No explanation given as to where this money came from or to which banking account it was applied. I'd give very low marks for their online abilities.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had a hard time with Chase Home Mortgage. Before Escrow every thing looks so good and once the process started, it really sucks with hell lot of documents. The realtor keeps on promising that everything will be good, but I am not sure what document they really need to care and what not. And at the end moment, they denied my loan. Just a week before the Escrow ends I have applied a different bank and it approved within 3 days. Chase told me that I have property out of USA and you switched your job 2 times in a year. Even after all the written proof But they said they canceled it because I had a returned check before the repayment plan started and they did not realize.

I don’t think they can legally cancel after agreeing to the payment plan. I feel this is unfair business practice and wrongful foreclosure when they agreed to the payment plan and my payment cleared. I feel this is unethical of Chase. This is one of the worst nightmares for the first time homeowner. I will never would recommend going chase.

Original review: April 2, 2019

They said we were in foreclosure and we had proof 4 times we paid so someone in that place is pocketing out money and screwing us but I kept all paperwork so hopefully they figure out who is doing this.

Chase Mortgage Company Information