3.44/5
Based on 1,926 ratings submitted in the last year

Chase Bank

Chase personal and small business credit cardholders can earn cash back and points for travel, complete balance transfers and more. Chase credit cards are available with or without an annual fee and come with access to mobile banking, free credit management tools, plus privacy and security features. Chase cards aren’t the easiest to get approved for, but access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards program makes them worth considering.

Chase Gallery (6)
View More View More

3310 Chase Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2018

They have weird rules to charge us fees and they are rude about it. They say there's nothing we can do. They are an abusive bank exploiting the little guys. Their ATM erroneously charged my account an extra several hundred dollars with a duplicate withdrawal. They never told me until I found it on my statement. If I had not found it they would have gotten away with stealing hundreds of dollars by duplicating ATM withdrawals, charging twice what you withdraw. When these issues are brought to their attention, they are blasé and indifferent. Their bankers act authoritarian and tell you they can't help you. They have no customer service. It's toxic.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I recently opened an account with Chase. I have been with Capital One for a couple years and they are fabulous, but I wanted the convenience of going into a local bank branch. Capital One doesn't have any local branches. I went to a Chase Bank ATM to deposit a check at 7:00pm 07/19/18 for $971.41. The pamphlet that I read said funds are usually available next business day. However, when I deposited, it said my funds will be held for 7 days. It would be available on 07/28/2018. I was given no option to retrieve my check. I was so frustrated! The check was a refund from Capital One on a recent vehicle payoff.

I called customer service this morning and was transferred to loss prevention, weird. The representative said she would attempt to get the check released. After about 7 minutes she came back on the phone and said, "Unfortunately, I can't release your check since this is your first check deposit that has been made on this account. We have to make sure Capital One has the funds." REALLY??? I'm sure Capital One is good for their check. So, now I am out $971 for the next 8 days until it clears. So ridiculous, I will be closing my account and staying with Capital One as soon as my check has been made available.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I am in the process of developing a sales location in the DFW complex. This is an offshoot from the Lisa Lawson Office Equipment company located in the greater New York area. Her outlet is in New Jersey. Another bank, Texas Star Bank, has been trying to block this extension. They have been spreading malicious lies in the banking industry. The local Chase bank is going along with this slanderous activity. Chase has confiscated $5,000 of an attempted international currency transfer made for partial payment of a shipment from Malaysia. The company's CEO is trapped in Malaysia due to this action. This complaint asks for Chase to quit interfering with International shipping and return the $5,000.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have been banking with Chase for years and I have good credit history and never pay late on any of my account, so I just applied credit card from Chase, and guess what? I got denied, when I called them and asked why, they were so rude and told me some crazy reasons. I am very upset not only their poor customer service also, I questioned myself, why do I need to give them my money? Without our money, they will not get paid!!! I just applied at Capital One and got approved right away! How can I give you my money, put my money in your bank and you were so rude to me?

Original review: July 10, 2018

I made an overpayment to my Chase home equity account from a non-Chase bank. I called to correct and was told the funds would be deposited into my Chase account. 2 weeks and several calls later, I'm still waiting for my money. I have been told several different stories, now I have been told it will take 10 MORE business days to get my refund! I have 3 accounts with Chase that the funds could have been credited to. After banking with them for more than 25 years, I would expect better customer service. I also utilize B of A, and will now consider moving ALL my accounts from Chase. Customers are your business, please learn to value them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: July 9, 2018

DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH CHASE IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY. We opened our business account with Chase after banking our business with B of A for 10 years. We heard good things and thought to give it a try. WORST MISTAKE. Within 2 weeks after transferring all of our assets and customers through this new account, they decided to close our account with NO call or email, tying ALL of our cash reserves up until further notice for absolutely NO reason. "A check will be mailed in 10 days" is all we received from corporate. They literally told us that we have no right to even know WHY they did this. We are a small business, and cash is required for payroll, rent, taxes, and everything else involved in running a business.

Now we are stuck with the after effects of running our business without cash reserves for the next two weeks. I'm beyond disappointed and honestly shocked that any company would operate in such an unprofessional and dishonest manner. We are well connected with many up and coming small businesses and will advise them to use Bank of America or ANY OTHER BANK for all of their needs. I'm regretful of ever stepping foot into Chase.

Original review: July 9, 2018

So I went to cash a simple $200 check and I couldn’t believe the fee that they charged me $8. It’s so greedy for Chase to charge customers only because you don’t have an account with them. They don’t know that by being too greedy they are pushing customers away. Good luck. I won’t do business with them.

Original review: July 7, 2018

5 or more years ago, a law was passed that everyone had to sign an authorization form from their bank if they were willing to let their accounts go negative which would demand a steep penalty. This was from the economic recession area where banks gouged consumers. 3 times I've gone to Chase, both online and in the store, demanding that they stop letting my checking account become overdrawn. Every time they tell me that the way to resolve this is to put more money into my checking account. First, that's an asinine response. They shouldn't be that dense even if it's true. Second, there is a ** law against it. I can't figure out how incompetent they are across the board. Don't even know the laws in their own industry. Only bank to ever do this with me and they just can't get it together.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I recently lost my phone and my wallet which were connected through a phone case. My phone did not have a code on it so it was easy for someone to get into my phone. My banking information was all written down on a card in my wallet except for my PIN number. My mobile banking app allows me to enter the app with just one touch. I don’t have to enter a password or a username. Whoever found the phone got into my mobile banking app using my phone that was stolen and deposited a check for over 2000 dollars.

When I finally got to check my email after getting a new phone the next day I saw that there were alerts saying that a check was processing. I instantly called Chase and tried to explain that I lost my phone and my account information and that someone had made deposits on my account that I did not know about. Chase still blamed me and said that I would not be able to bank with them ever again and that they were closing my account.

This made me very sad and upset because I didn’t know anything of the checks that were deposited into my account and I was also locked out of my mobile banking app so I could not see if there were other transactions that were mad as well. I had already lost enough and they were not understanding at all. I talked to more than one representative and they all acted as if there was nothing they could and that I was at fault. I don’t want it to look like I had anything to do with the fraud that took place on my account. What could I do to have this overturned?

Original review: July 6, 2018

Chase Bank has loose security for online banking. Recently they allowed nearly $6000 to be stolen from 3 of my bank accounts via ACH transfers they did not verify. One transfer went to Pennsylvania, another to France and another to Ghana all in the same day and for similar amounts. Each transfer started with two deposits for less than a dollar and then the next day a withdraw of roughly $2000. Chase recognized after being informed that all three charges were fraudulent and refunded 2 of 3 charges. The third charge they refuse to refund because it is a business banking account. The business was started just a month prior and we will likely need to close up shop because of this loss which Chase recognizes as fraud but refuses to credit. Chase is taking advantage of their customers and needs to be held accountable. They have poor account security and are not being held accountable by our government. Shame on this HORRIBLE bank!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Chase is always the first bank to create rules that restrict customer freedom. They don't allow you to cash checks made out to cash and they don't allow someone to deposit money into your account. Their philosophy is warped and malicious. I recently asked them to call the account holder to verify the check since they refused to cash it because it was made out to cash. They said they couldn't because they didn't have a recorded line and that the customer would like deny having given authorization. They think that even their own customers are crooks. I refuse to do business with this bank.

Original review: July 2, 2018

One time I went into the bank with my daughter to open a savings account, so we went in and there were multiple employees and even less customers. We got called back and the lady said it takes 15 to open the account and she didn’t have time. Confused I said, "Well we can have someone else help us" and she said, "No they are busy" (without even asking them). So I walked outside and said, "I’m sick of people not doing their only job." So I talked to the stand in manager and she had someone else help us and I said, "Nope. Changed my mind. She will use another bank," and went to a credit union with excellent customer service.

Then I had to deposit cash into my parents' account at Chase and the teller said, "No we can’t deposit cash into their account. You need to get a cashier's check." Now this is a bank where you go to get cash or deposit cash and they wouldn’t take cash. So once again had to talk to a manager and he said he could do it. I don’t see why they want minimum wage raised if these people can’t do their one and only job. Never again will I use Chase and will switch my direct deposit to another bank.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been a Chase customer for 6 years. I have great credit. They refuse to raise my credit limit. Whatever. The worst part about this bank is, if you call, you will RARELY get a person that speaks English or very little. I can never understand anyone, so my banking experiences have been awful. Opinion? Go with DISCOVER.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I been with Chase over 30 years and was considering getting other credit card from them for my child in credit card for college but after the disappointment yesterday I will not and open a different account with a different bank. My credit card was hack into while I was on vacation but instead of keeping my credit up they gave me a temporary increase. While I was trying to make a purchase for my daughter birthday it decided to decline without no notification. I decided to pay this card off and not use it again. I will go to a community bank where they are more people friendly and understanding. I am very disappointed and will tell friends and family not to get this credit card my children included.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Starting around June 18, 2018 I found a strange deposit on my Chase account through a service called Zelle. To this day Chase has me on some account freeze will not let me access my money to pay my bills. My rent and car payment are due and I have worked so hard on my credit for this to ruin it. All the officials tell me is that I have to wait until August 02 for the freeze to be lifted. How can this happen? How many people have 2 checking accounts? I have never heard anything like this before. This can take a person down. I will be cleaning out my account when this is all said and done. I have been with Chase since WaMu... 10 years... Does that mean nothing these days? Does anyone know how I can be helped? I would appreciate any help from anyone. Thank you... Distraught D.

Original review: June 29, 2018

On the monthly statements Chase states that if your payment is not received on time, "you may be charged a late fee." Full disclosure: I didn't realize that my payment was arriving or being posted one day late. I sent the payment electronically 3 or 4 days prior to the due date in good faith. I am of the opinion that Chase purposely and maliciously did not post the payment until the third to ensure that they could charge me a late fee every month. Whether this is a fact or not is irrelevant to me. The fact that Chase is willing choosing to charge me a late fee for a payment that is one day late really tells me everything I need to know about their company.

They only want to take my money every chance they get. That's fine. I will have my Credit Card paid off within a week and then I will close this account. I will never do business with Chase again and will make it my personal mission to educate everyone I know about how Chase treats its customers. Chase thinks short term and just lost a customer that has been loyal to other banks for over 20 years. I will gladly take the money that I would have paid Chase and give it to banks that actually take care of their customers.

Original review: June 25, 2018

This is my third run in with Chase Bank. First one they would not honor a reverse charge on a credit card when I had a warranty repair done on my motorhome. The repair facility did not call in for authorization so it was their fault no payment would be made and they were aware of it and Chase would not reverse charges because I could not show payment to the company via warranty. THERE WAS NO PAYMENT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT AUTHORIZED!!! With that I closed my credit card with Chase.

A few months later we went to buy a grand piano and came to terms with a store but we had to pay with green cash. Went to Chase to withdrawal money (we always had an average balance of more than 6 figures) and I was trying to pull out something like 17k. "Sorry, most we can give you is 5k a day unless you give us notice!!" EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Next day I took out all my money minus about 25k so that I would not have to set up bill pay at another bank. They would not give me that much cash because it's policy and then they have the nerve to charge me for a cashiers check, REALLY!!

Today, I am trying to pay my alarm company and they have changed to centralized billing via a third party company. No big deal, should just be able to go in and edit payee info, right, NOT!! I have been trying for two weeks now and it keeps telling me that that part of the system is currently not working. Of course they don't tell you until you have changed the name, address phone and account number, god forbid they tell you ahead of time before you fill it out! I go back everyday, type in the same info and after wasting my ten minutes it still says system down. Today I called Chase after doing it yet again and this idiot on the phone just tells me I need to call my alarm company and pay them another way!! EXCUSE ME, I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY BANK!! When I connected with this idiot, she "verified" me via my SS number and full name.

I realized she was not going to be able to help me so I told her I was just going to close my account but before I do I wanted to speak to a Manager because it's a pain in the neck to set up bill pay etc. She said that she need to verify me further in order to send me to a Manager, ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I said, "Fine." She asked if I had my debit card with me. I said, "No but I can go get it if I had to." She said yes! I went clear across the house to get my debit card gave it to her and she said I would now be connected to an automated service to further verify me. I said, "I am just looking to talk to a Manager before I make the decision to sever ties with your bank for good." She said, "Sorry, that's what you have to do." I said "to speak with a manager", she said yes!!! Good Bye Chase. Plenty of other good banks and credit unions out there. Don't let direct deposit and bill pay keep you somewhere like Chase!!

Original review: June 23, 2018

In January, February, March and April I got rejection letters in the mail rejecting me for a Chase Amazon account I did not apply for. I contacted them and all they did was send me a letter to notify the credit bureaus. Which I did and put a fraud alert on my credit report. Well I got a letter in June from Chase Bank wanting more info. Which I called to find out why they are doing this since I don't want anything from Chase. I found out there was a second app they was working on.

What is so hard for Chase not to understand that I didn't do it at any time and will not. I am mad that Chase Bank cannot understand that. So if anyone out there knows how to get Chase Bank to stop the fraud please tell me.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My husband and I have been with Chase Bank for 5 years now. I have always been told that if you cause an overdraft on the account you can pay it off before midnight to avoid an NSF fee. Well last night I was overdrawn and I deposited $100 at 11:30 pm. I wake up this morning to my account negative because Chase charged me an NSF fee at midnight. They said their cut off time is 11:00 pm but when I did the deposit at 11:30 pm it said I was positive. They told me that their SYSTEM processes between midnight and 7 am. This makes no sense. I have also had problems with ATMs taking money and not depositing it in my account and even lost a check at their ATM. The customer service is horrible and they basically tell you that “It’s out of their hands”. Chase is all about taking the customers' money!

Original review: June 20, 2018

In 2007 my step-daughter was charging my new husband's Chase Bank Card. I had already paid off that Credit Card for him and didn't want more charges on it. Since his daughter didn't follow his instructions not to put more charges on the card, my husband called Chase. Chase changed the number and told us no more of his daughter's charges would be accepted. Guess what? Chase not only continued to accept her charges but had the audacity to send my husband a notice that they had done so.

My husband's daughter continued to charge his card, lastly was an $800 charge for liquor and a spa day. I have never had a spa day. So my husband canceled the card and I did not pay the $800 charge. We contested the charges and after many weeks of fighting the charge we won and did not have to pay. All of this and my husband's daughter never had a card in her possession; she only had a CC number but she never had the new numbers Chases changed on the account. All of this was a vile and intentional scam on Chase's part.

You may think this was a long time ago and that I should forget it. I would for forget, except now Chase is doing it to me. I refused to hold a Chase CC in my name until I realized that it is the only way to enroll in Amazon Prime. So went ahead and applied for a card. I try not to use it but occasionally charges go on the card despite my intention not to use it. So I always try to pay off the card every month there is a balance on it. Chase doesn't show these balances online in a timely manner. I pay my bills online so when the Chase CC doesn't show a balance, which is most of time I don't make a payment.

That is what happened on June 11, 2018. On June 11 there was no balance shown online so I didn't make a payment. Today June 20, 2018 I received an email from Chase saying that I had failed to make the minimum payment. This is the second time this has happened to me since I got the Chase Card. BEWARE! Don't apply for Chase Credit Card unless there are no other options. There are reliable credit cards out there. I have three others with no problems.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Chase has the worst customer service. I always check my account multiple times a day to make sure the account stays positive. Chase randomly rearranges the balances. This is called reordering. My account says one thing at 1 am and another thing at 8 am. The other day I forgot about a check that hadn't cleared. There were already pending charges on the account and it was positive. When the check came through, that caused an overdraft fee. Okay, one fee. That was my mistake. Then the next day there were 3 more NSF fees! Those were for much smaller pending charges that had been there the day before. They reordered the balances so that the largest amount went in first and caused 3 more NSF fees! I spoke with several agents at Chase as well as 2 managers and they said they would take 1 charge off but they couldn't do anymore because there is a limit of 120.00 per year they can take off and that's not a calendar year either.

I finally figured out what they were doing. This has happened multiple times where the amount in my account changed from one day to the next without any more charges. They told me it was probably a glitch. All the people were so rude and condescending. They proceeded to tell me I should keep a log of every debit transaction to keep up with it. I guess if I am going to do that I should just keep the money under a mattress! One guy even told me that when I write a check then it may not come out right away until they cash it! Really??? Wow mindblowing! I didn't know that! They think everyone is stupid. They went through a class action lawsuit in 2012 about these same practices of holding checks and reordering charges to make more NSF fees. It looks like they are going back to their old ways.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been having an ongoing issue with this company. They have a limited amount of times when they are willing to reverse overdrafts. Knowing this I always makes sure to stay on top of my account. I have signed up for alerts, emails, and text messages. Yet after 5pm these features lag and do not work. I checked my account at 9pm one day and saw that I was not negative in my account. Then the next morning all these pending things went through all at once and I was immediately charged 34$. When I contacted them they refused to even listen. They really need to learn how to better manage fees and how to respect clients. They are unprofessional and inconsiderate. They lose no money at all, but will take money from clients to make a quick buck.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My mother passed away on March 1st at 88 years of age. My brother and I are the only heirs. She had a cd with Chase for a long time (I believe) along with several other accounts so working through the process along with grieving has been difficult. We went to her old brand in Moreno Valley CA to get the money, which happened. But we were charge $140 fee because it renewed recently. This was not waived despite a long time customer and very little interest. On top of that we were forced to listen to a half hour sales pitch from a Chase rep on their investment options which neither of us had any interest in whatsoever. Not just unprofessional but bordering on heartless. Stay away from Chase.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Chase failed miserably to protect our money and managed to blame us for their mistake. We placed a stop payment on a vendor that was in breech of contract. Evidently the stop payment wasn't processed correctly because Chase granted them access to withdraw over $900 from our account. As a small startup business every dollar counts and Chase is refusing to accept responsibility for their screw-up. We are packing up our money and switching immediately. We can't afford to accept their incompetence or trust they have our backs.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I spoke with Jeff an supervisor in Chase credit department could recall his last name. The whole process was poorly ha see and he made it seems it was my fault. Even though it wasn’t, I requested a refund from a Chase credit card balance on 06/01/18 and the person who handle it initially didn’t process it correctly. As an result they put a stopped payment on the check and I wasn’t notified and my Chase checking account now in the negative. He offer no help to resolve this issue that they cause. I’m long time Chase customer and have multiple accounts and about the closed all 4 of my accounts. Complete ridiculous and poorly handle by the Chase credit card department.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was directed to four different people for routine questions -- and none could answer the question. They also took my personal information twice, and I don't know why it was needed more than once, but that gave them access to my account and they still were not able to answer my questions.

Original review: June 6, 2018

(If you're after facts only skip to the last paragraph.) I have banked with Chase for years now. My wife and I when we were first married got sucked in by their get $100 for setting up an checking account. I have always hated the overdraft penalty payments and felt it was outrageous to charge $34 for going negative in your checking account. So my wife and I avoided it and of course inevitably being human sometimes we would forget about a check or a automatically pulled bill or whatever. Most of the time we would just go get a check loan because the interest charges on that loan was cheaper than having the overdraft's fee... this last experience has opened my eyes to a truth I always felt but never really acknowledge this bank is a titan.

A huge corporation that sells enough "goodwill" and "customer satisfaction" bull crap covered with golden bells and whistles. (It's like being in an abusive relationship. They give you as little as possible but just enough for you to stick around, and think they care about you and next time things will be different.) They have a customer satisfaction recovery (or whatever they call it) of $100 that can be credited back (within a calendar year) to your account from overdraft fees. Sound reasonable (until you really think about how their "system" is set up versus what is a reasonable, easy, and fair format that could be geared for the customer) in these last few months I lost a job.

Due to personal events in the last few months I had to take more and more check advancement loans, Borrow from family, and Juggle bills into 30, 60 and sometimes 90 days past due... with all this, unfortunately my account frequently got hit with overdraft fees and I was grateful for the credits I did receive but I was always upset with how the "system" pulled the checks or Bills that don't display as pending. On my statement it always pulls the highest dollar amount first. Of course they explain this as a lateral pull. That the computer pulled them all at the same time and if there is not enough for all of them they all get overdraft fees... this borderlines criminal to me, I'm not stupid. Someone had to design the system. Someone one had to set it up and program it how to function. And this is what they choose, it gets them the most money and makes you feel like an idiot all at the same time.

(Simple math if you have checks/Bills for $25, $75 and $105 coming out the same day and only have $100 In your account, it pulls the $105 then $75 then $25 so now you got charged $34 x3 (the company's limit for goodwill/charity reimbursement)). But they make it sound like they are doing you a big favor helping you out this one time. Don't expect to receive any more help because the system CANNOT be changed or altered there is no manager override or case by case allowances made. (You know like a person doing business with another person that can make judgment calls or case by case situations.) Literally you're just $ to this all mighty cold, unchanging, Rigged against you "system" known as Chase Bank.

After seeing this happen the last few paychecks (once I started a new job). I started to try to get my finances in order but still needed to get check loans. I tried to wise up and even though I hated taking out multiple check advancement loans the 400% interest rate (or whatever they charge) is cheaper than 1 overdraft charge. I would only take out what I needed the day I needed it (for an upcoming bill (or whatever) to keep my interest $ amount lower but this sometimes would result in 2 or 3 different ones in between my paychecks (every 2 weeks). This time around since I have been charged about an extra $100 the last 2 or 3 checks. This time I made sure to get a loan for the next set of checks and again the interest rate is cheaper than overdraft fees. I put that cash into an ATM that night before theses checks pull.

To my disappointment I still get charged an overdraft fee for each one (despite the cash I just put into my account and because of how the system pulls) so like a reasonable person I think they will look and see this is clearly a case by case type of situation where I put the money in. The system for whatever reason pulled the checks first and accounted for the cash after even though on a timeline that's not how it happened. I get told very professionally to go ** myself, I can't receive any help. I have maxed my goodwill, and the cash was deposited past the deadline set in place even though the checks haven't pulled.

I could (and did) make additional card purchases from that account that night. The system charges everything with an overdraft fee because they all processed at the same time but cleanly. So even with the cash I put in NOT being able to stop the overdraft fees. They (the system) charged the largest one first putting my account negative $5 domino effecting the other 2 resulting in another $100 in fees (Opposed to having a system designed for the customer and pull the cheapest before charging an overdraft. In this case I would have been hit with 1 not 3 overdraft fees). Even after calling and talking to several different people I get the same answer, "The system won't let us", "We cant go past the $100 goodwill", "No. The system doesn't pull the biggest $ amount first, yes I see you could have covered the other 2 if they were pulled first but THE SYSTEM can't be changed", "Should have deposited the cash 12 minutes sooner" etc.

**In summary as factual as I can provide** 9:12 pm Local time cash deposited (11:12 pm Eastern) 12 minutes past the magical deadline. Use my account for an online purchase afterwards to make sure my account was in good standings. Wake up to being Changed $100 overdraft fees. I call to inquire why. That's when I find out about his magical timeline. I missed by 12 minutes. I use the last of my goodwill to reverse one of the fees. And told even though I could have covered the other 2 the first one put me negative and snowballed the other 2 making more overdraft fees. "It's just how the system is" (see above the **simple math** for a more detailed explanation).

I and the bank could do nothing about it now. Basically in professional words sucks to be me and Go ** myself because Chase doesn't care. "And thanks for being the best part of Chase". So if your human and make mistakes, if you are not perfect in your financial choices, if you like being treated like garbage in a professional way this bank is for you. (And yes they have some great qualities too. But it's like that really attractive person that is just mean and self centered and it makes them less attractive.)

Original review: June 5, 2018

I am currently on vacation in Orlando, Fl. Me and my family were at Disney Animal Kingdom on 06/04/18 entering the park. Afterwards, my son wanted a Disney souvenir. I proceeded to a nearby ATM. It was a Chase Bank ATM. I used my Regions debit card and punched in my code. The machine gave several selections to choose from, so I tapped 200 dollars. The machine rattled and made noise, afterwards it did nothing. No cash, no receipt, and no souvenir for my child. This ATM had taken my 200 dollars. This occurred around 12 pm. I was wearing a Pittsburgh pirates team shirt and shorts and a Disney logo hat. I hope you at Chase see the surveillance video to verify that this occurred and I am very disappointed in the way my family was left without a memorable vacation experience at Disney Animal Kingdom due to this transaction mishap.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I was at work and found that I did not have my ATM card. I called and reported it lost. I was told that if I found the card before midnight the next day they could reactivate the card. I got home and found it. When I called to get it reactivated I was told that they could not reactivate my card because they needed to a code to my cell phone and they did not have my cell phone number on file. I have a Chase app on that phone. They would not send the code to my email or as a secure message I could read when I logged in. The people who work in the call center did not seem to understand English well and kept repeating the same things. Either they don't understand their job or English.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My son was given a counterfeit $20 bill from a Chase ATM. We returned it to the bank, as it would be illegal to try to pass it to some unsuspecting merchant. They took the money and have refused to credit my son's account. They seem to think their ATM counterfeit detection system is foolproof, and the bank manager actually told me that I should have been able to tell that it was counterfeit. (Even if I had been able to detect that, it STILL came from their ATM!) They refuse to take responsibility for accepting counterfeit money from someone and passing it to me. I will report them to the Secret Service, since they broke the law by passing counterfeit money to a customer.

Chase Bank Company Information