Chase Bank

Chase Bank
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Gallery (6)
View More View More

Chase Bank Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2019

My mother passed away 3 months away and Chase couldn't have screwed it up more. My dad and I couldn't figure out how to log in to check what she owed and pay it, so we called Chase. My mom had a business account and 2 personal accounts. Without asking us, Chase immediately cancelled both personal accounts, leaving just the business account. They kept us on the phone forever and asked for a ton of paperwork including when the obit was dated (there was none) -I guess they worry about fraud more than their customers' experience with them.

My dad had been using the business card and paying in full on time for 3 months, suddenly a few days ago it stopped working. I logged into the account and guess what - they cancelled it - NO NOTICE TO MY DAD OR ME (OR EVEN MY MOM'S EMAIL). We called and they just said, "We had to close it because the primary cardholder died, kept us on hold forever, cut us off. I tried to call back - same garbage, we have given up and will not use Chase in the future. (Unfortunate since it's Amazon's bank for credit cards). Utterly pathetic excuse for a banking experience. It is shabby treatment and at the time people are most stressed out. Unacceptable. I've been a Chase customer for almost 30 years and am seriously considering closing my accounts. This is not how you do business.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Two employees Crystal and Kathy, in this fraud dept were rude, nasty, repeated statements that were irrelevant and refused to answer direct questions about why my account was frozen. The treatment I have received today in the 3 hours on the phone with Chase bank is abominable! There were more than sufficient funds in my account to cover two small purchases. But Chase did not cover them because a new check was deposited into my account -- although those purchases were covered by the cash in my account. I suspect that I am being profiled as a ** female and thus causing Chase to hold all of my money and possibly close my account (which is in good standing) when they clearly knew my purchases could be covered and they had no risks in paying for my grocery and gas tank purchases!

Kathy who was identified as a level 2 supervisor, kept repeating the same things to me that I did not ask her. She also said I said things that I did not say so she could "win" her argument with this customer. Kathy refused to disclose her employee ID and John level 3 said they don't disclose ID #. John could not explain why Chase is holding my "AVAILABLE CASH" because a check that had nothing to do with my CASH came in to Chase. He said the back office who should have verified the validity of the check did not do so. I realized that if I had not called Chase to find out why my two purchases were declined, I would never have known Chase thinks that this is a bad check. I was told Chase will close my account in 10 days because Chase doesn't know "why" the check was issued to me.

Does Chase Bank do this to every customer when they deposit a check? No! I feel Chase is profiling me and my account. They said think the check is bad because although it has all the required info, that info is not in the same space as on other checks from the payor. WTH?!? Kathy said if Chase knew why the check was issued to me that would clear up the question of validity. None of this makes any sense. Does Chase restrict the account of every customer when a check is deposited into the customer's account; and threaten to close that account in 10 days because Chase restricted the Chase account?

Chase could have electronically verified the funds with the other bank like all the other banks do, and cleared it; or notified me that the check was fraudulent so I could take appropriate legal action. For Chase to simply close my account in 10 days without telling me why, and due to no fault of my own is asinine and completely unacceptable!

Chase is penalizing me because they have a faulty check clearing process. John the level 3 fraud handler said that if he could not reach the signor of the check there was nothing more his dept could do to verify the validity. When I insisted that he provide the contact number for the VP over his dept he said that would be someone at a Chase bank. You can't make this stuff up! These people have completely and totally insulted my intelligence, discriminated against me, and flagged my account for profiling. I demand the check back if it is bad so I can take action, or I want the check cashed and my money released to my account immediately. I will register and discuss this complaint with the governmental authorities and with watchdog agencies; anyone who has oversight over discriminatory and unfair banking practices.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Chase Bank's customer service representatives are completely uneducated about the banks products and services. I stopped payment on a check and called three times to confirm everything was OK. They all told me that the funds would be re-issued to my account in 2 to 5 business days. After the fourth call, with subsequent transfers to multiple departments, I was told that the bank made a mistake, the money wouldn't be available for ANOTHER 2 to 5 business days and there was nothing they could do to help me or fix their mistake. They also don't have a clue how to explain the payment process for the Chase Freedom credit card in order that no interest fees are incurred by their customers. The end result was that I canceled the account. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I had a fraudulent charge put on my account Thursday night which put me in a negative balance in my account which resulted in me not being able to get gas to go to work. I called Friday morning, did a claim and was told 12 hours till it would be fixed. I couldn't go to work Friday so Saturday again trying to go to work and still no money. I call again and get told Monday now due to the weekend. That meant 3 days no work, by now my employer is beyond upset. On Monday 5am I get up for work and still not fixed. I call, get escalated to a supervisor and told I have to wait till it’s not pending 1 to 2 business days. That’s almost a week and I can't access my gas money. I explain that I have to go to work and ask to speak to a supervisor above her and I’m told 1 to 2 days to get a call back from a manager and to get over it. I call my boss and she fires me for not showing up to work 4 days now all because Chase is withholding my money in a fraud charge.

I call chase back immediately in tears trying to fix it and only get to escalations after saying I'm calling the media because of all this and get treated rudely, talked down on and told they don’t care, I have to wait 1 to 2 days. I keep explaining how I’m a single mom and I just need my gas money. That’s all I need to provide for my kids. I get told the same script to wait. I’ve been with chase for 17 years and this is how they treat me. I lost my job and don't know how I will pay my rent due next week now and yet chase just sticks to a script.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have no complaints about this bank's service (aside from my home town refusing to allow them to do business here) except when it comes to asking questions to customer service regarding mobile deposits. Since it is a pain in the neck to drive 20 miles out of my way for a cash deposit, I inquired (several times) about depositing banks cashiers checks and money orders.

I actually have the first agent tell me "I wouldn't do that" and the answer seemed sketchy so I asked my local bank. Their answer was, "Sure that should be available like any other check." Still not quite satisfied because she seemed unsure, I asked another agent who said if I made a deposit it might not be available for several days. All were pretty unsure if mobile banking would allow money orders or cashiers checks. This bank needs to retrain their entire staff to be more knowledgeable on THEIR OWN POLICIES. I make frequent cash deposits and every single time I have to drive in gridlock for 30 minutes to make them. And never getting a straight answer is annoying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: June 22, 2019

Have been on the phone for hours for the past few days trying to ask a question about my a travel booking I’ve had for months now. Transferred to millions of people, nobody knows how to assist me, hours and hours on hold, have been hung up on and not called back multiple times. Will have to cancel a flight as a result of their complete and utter incompetence. Will be canceling all of my Chase accounts.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have been with Chase Bank when they were Washington Mutual (a long time). I have always had a great experience and have referred several people. However, my last two encounters with the customer service (800 number) has been horrible. Most recent I called today to inquire on a online payment that I purchased Monday. Now my experience Monday evening was great, the representative Kendra was helpful when I explained my situation (including the fact that the purchase was made online with a debit card). She ensured me the stop payment was successful, that my account would be charged $30, etc. She further informed me that my refund should hit as soon as Tuesday. I called back today Wednesday June 19, and had the unfortunate pleasure of speaking with Janice. I explained the entire situation again and wanted to check in an ETA for my refund.

She immediately says that I misunderstood and that ACH payments cannot have a stop payment. I told her that I got a completely different story Monday and I was even charged the $30 stop payment fee. She continued with saying that I was the one who misunderstood and that it was a breakdown in communication on my part. I was completely taken aback in how rude and negative she was while I explained my situation. It just so happens that this is the same woman who was horrible the first time I had a bad experience with Chase bank. I asked her if the stop payment wasn’t possible then why was my account charged. She finally offered to refund the stop payment fee (which would not have happened if I didn’t call and inquire in my refund). Nevertheless I am so disgusted with the behavior of this representative that I am truly considering taking my money elsewhere.

I am suggesting that these people receive more training so the customers are not told incorrect information and are definitely not talked down to like we are idiots. I know the conversation I had with the rep Monday and it was fully explained, at that time it should have been made known about not doing stop payments on ACH transactions. Not today when I called and was belittled for my inquiry on my refund. I truly have some thinking to do in changing banking institutions.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Chase Bank does not give a care about my financial hardship and forced me to make a settlement and my FICO score has decreased because of this. I've learned my lesson with Chase, JMorgan's mission and value are failure to meet the needs of customers, undoubtedly. Chase CEO and employees, your organization will be in a deep trouble if you keep this doing and does not offer the assistance such as interest low rate and help the needs of clients. I left Chase for GOOD! Chase is one of dirty businesses. I highly recommend Discover card. If anyone has a hard time with Chase, application for the Discover Card, they have an excellent service and always provide the customers' need and desire.

Original review: June 18, 2019

On Wednesday I sent in two checks to pay off my balance on my credit card (both in the same envelope with my statement stub). One was for 13.92, the other for 22,557.75. On Monday I saw that they had credited my account for 13.92 on the previous Friday, but still showed I owed $22,557.75. I called customer service because their policy stated that they would credit your account by 5pm the day they received your payment. The customer service supervisor said they did not receive my check for 22k, only the one for $13. When I told them that was impossible because they were in the same envelope, they said they must have gotten stuck together. I asked them to please go check and find the check for 22k. They said they couldn't because they shred the checks as soon as they post them (which they obviously didn't post the check for over 22,000 dollars I sent in!).

I asked how they missed this check and they said it was done by machine and a human NEVER touches their checks. The supervisor told me to prove that the check had cleared my account and they would credit it to my bill. The check was from a title company, so I now have to go back, to the title company, have them place a stop payment, issue a new check, and resend the check. This will mean the check will now not get to Chase before my payment is due, which means I will now owe another month of interest.

I honestly believe that Chase just shreds or trashes any check that is a large amount so they can get extra interest and says they didn't get it. This leaves the customer with no way to prove they paid. I am so disgusted with this company. The customer service was horrible and the process of shredding checks without double checking that they have been posted is unheard of! If this isn't fraud I don't know what is.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Setting up an online account has turned into a part time job. I simply want to change an external account. The online system will not let me add a new account. The help desk doesn’t listen and wants me to contact my external bank, even though I’m set up automaticity with them. Thanks for the runaround.... Time to refinance with a bank that is local and understanding.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I have been a Chase Bank personal and business customer for as long as I can remember. I transferred money using Zelle and it was flagged for fraud. I called the fraud department on Saturday and she made me verify all my information and then said, "You are good to go but your last transaction was cancelled so you will have to resend it" which I did which immediately relocked my account. I called back this time and talked to Mariz who informed me I have to wait till Monday to go to a branch to show 2 forms of ID. I stated I am a 24/7 business and I only bank with Chase and you can't hold my account hostage, I was then transferred to Judie who was as useless as a human being could be but then Jeffrey the supervisor took the prize. When he refuse to assist me hung up and played a recording asking a loyal business owner never to call back??? What??

This is what this country has become. They outsource these jobs to overseas and they could care less about a relationship of a long time customer. Monday morning my loyal one bank dealings is done and I will transfer my account to multiple banks. What a shame. I asked over and over if you have an emergency who would you call and that is who I need to speak with. They said no chain of command is available which is even more scary than him hanging up on me with a prerecorded message telling me never to call back. What a complete joke. They could cripple my business operations and nobody would care.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I have been a customer at Chase for 16 years. I have recently experienced some financially difficulties and have been unable to pay the full balance on my credit card. In May I was able to pay some towards the balance but this month I am unable to pay anything towards the balance. Now mind you, I have already explained my situation to 4 CSR's. So, 5 days AFTER my payment was due for June, they reported a 1x30 on my credit, which dropped my score 48 points! To say I am livid is an understatement. Do not do business with this company. They are greedy and money hungry!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Don't recommend Chase. All they do is charge you overdraft fees. You check your bank balance and it will show you have money available and once you spend some of that all of a sudden you will have all these overdraft fees. That's how they make their money. I got charges 2 overdraft fees in the same week. It's ridiculous. I don't have a job to afford $70 just in fees. Will be switching banks soon.

Original review: June 11, 2019

He was very rude, accusing me of me committing fraud on my account, with my account was hacked many many many times and I kept calling and changing my password, changed my email, changing my username and kept getting hacked. Didn't want to do anything about it. Nothing and my account gets overdrawn under $111 and I got to be the one to pay for it. So until I pay for that I have to wait but I'm not going to pay for something that I didn't do or had no part of, and they should have caught it before it hit my account. I never even touched the money. They took the money back out and as they took the money out they overdrafted my account on their own. Happened twice in two days. They fix it the first time.

In the second time when it happened it didn't fix it again and they accuse me of doing it with my card, was shut down and turned off because of the fraud. So I don't know how I did it without my credit card or anything in my account was locked. They did not want to help, the're very rude, and they're very unresponsible and they don't want to help nobody. Direct deposits, and everything take forever to even post. I'm changing Banks because of this. It's my second Bank of change in less than 6 months, another Wells Fargo in my eyes.

Customer come first, and not to be disrespectful to us. My account is locked till the investigation is done, and till I pay that $111.00 off when I'm not the one who over drafted it. They did for miscalculating my account. I had 58 cents in my account when the fraud happened and then realized what they did and took what they deposited in and 111.00 dollars more and left me with 111.00 in debt. My overdraft protection was on and my card coverage. So how idk. This is a dirty money hungry bank. I'll be going to the BBB about this and other places. Thanks for your ** service. I'm moving to another bank.

Original review: June 11, 2019

After 2 hours on the phone and speaking with over 12 people with foreign accents that could not be understood, I still could not get my account closed. I am a business owner and my reason for closing the account is due to the fact that Chase is greedy and taking money out of my account that was not authorized. If the $34 means so much to them - let them have it. But, they still will NOT close my account and it is certainly not worth all the time and aggravation. Don't let them get their hooks into you. I will never deal with Chase or Paymentech ever again.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Over 3 months ago I received a wire transfer for a little over $2000, and I had no clue where it came from. After speaking with my mother I assumed it was direct deposited refund check of some sort. I waited 2 months to spend any of it because I assumed if it was a mistake it would be taken out of my account within days or a week at the latest. As I was going home Friday evening I received a notification from my online banking that my balance was 0. I was alarmed, especially since I did not receive any notification from my bank of fraud. I called at least 5 different Chase phone numbers before actually getting through to anyone and 3 of the calls were "dropped". After being transferred to 3 different department they finally got me to the correct department that deals with wire/book transfers. They then informed me that the Wire Transfer was deposited into the wrong account and they drained my account to to balance out that transaction.

The guy on the phone said they had my name which is why that money got sent to my account. I then proceeded to tell him that they drained my account, and that I had no money in which he stayed silent. That money got put into my account by accident.. Okay, but when the bank found out about it why was I not informed? I did not know it was as easy as just having someones name to wire transfer money into a bank account. I will most definitely be cancelling my banking with Chase. Especially when they could not even inform me about a situation that was happening with MY bank account.

Original review: June 7, 2019

First, I opened my account online, only to receive the free 200.00 offer for keeping my account open for 6 months. My first check wasn't deposited directly. When I went into the branch to cash my check (which was from a Wells Fargo business account) I was advised that Chase would have to hold my check for a few days and could only give me 100.00 for then until the check cleared. I asked why they couldn't contact Wells Fargo to verify the funds were good. I was advised that they couldn't do that and that I would just have to wait. My wife took a picture of the check and deposited it into her Bank of Oklahoma account through a mobile deposit, without me even being on her account. Bank of Oklahoma verified the funds.

After the 20th business day of waiting (which is in fine print on the alleged $200.00 coupon offer), I called Chase and was advised to wait a few more days. After a few more days, I called back and was advised that I would not receive the $200.00 because I was supposed to receive a coupon offer, but did not receive one and that the account had been open for 21 days, so the offer was no longer valid for me. And, that the previous representative did not notate what she told me (to wait a few more days for my $200.00 deposit). The branch manager basically advised me that there was no notation so she believed her employee over the customer (me).

I am closing my account (as soon as my outstanding checks clear) and moving to Bank of Oklahoma. They don't offer the $200.00, but they are much more professional, give accurate information, post debits before credits, mobile banking, better offers for monthly checking account fees, and they "DO NOT CHARGE YOU TO SPEAK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER SO MANY CALLS REGARDING YOUR ACCOUNT!!"

Original review: June 4, 2019

I am on social security and went to Chase to pull out my paycheck for food and rent. They were not open yet so I used their ATM. I used my social security debit card. The ATM kept my money and printed out a slip telling me they could not dispense money at this time and it also had where they pulled my balance from my social security card. Now my card has no money on it so I went to the bank when they opened. They told me it's happened before and there is nothing they can do about it my social security bank has to fix it. I am a member of Chase bank but will not be for long. They also said they would not give my 3 dollar fee back for the atm that it was my card charging it, which social security says it is not. Now I have to wait for Social security card mails me a form I send it back and wait for money to go back on card. I get paid once a month and have no money to pay my rent or eat.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Chase stole money from me. I had 3,500 $ on my checking account after my direct deposit hit on Friday. I withdrew 600 that day so I could buy money orders for my bills. Later on that day I got a message from Chase saying my account has been canceled. I wasn't able to use online banking or nothing. They just closed it without a warning. Next day I went to the bank to see what happen. They told me they don't want to do business with me anymore. I was able to get 1100 out from my direct deposit. They told me that's all I have and they gave me a slip saying zero balance. The other money is not on there. It shows it was deposited but I don't know where it went.

Their ca was very rude, hanged up on me 2 times. When I called to find out where my money was that I got from selling my car no one will tell me anything. Can anybody please help tell me what can I do? I can't pay for my apt or feed my kids. I am very disappointed in Chase. I thought they were the best bank but this is bs. I had no automatic payments on anything, the money just disappeared. I had account with them over 10 years.

Original review: June 2, 2019

At Chase's insistence I updated my mobile app that I have been using successfully with the same password for several years. After the update I was unable to get into the mobile app because it repeatedly said that I had the wrong password. When I called to report this problem I stated that I did not want to use the option of getting a new password because they required either SS# or account # be sent via email. The first rep was sympathetic but could not help me and passed me on to an “expert“. The expert offered neither sympathy nor any help that was useful. She said nothing about the app update possibly causing the problem. After our conversation I was very frustrated and decided that I would delete the mobile app and reinstall it. Sure enough my old password worked perfectly after I did this. I now have a suggestion for Chase: SOME OF YOUR “EXPERTS” NEED UPDATING THEMSELVES.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I made an error in trying to consolidate my bills. My credit rating was 7.4 and all bills paid. This company that was consolidating let my bills go in default where I thought they were going to help with interest I was accruing. Chase called. I pulled out of this company and got everything back on track with creditors costing me well over $2000. Then Chase rewards me for this by reviewing me when things were bad and closing my accounts. I'm pulling out. None of my other creditors knifed me in the back this way. Chase is too big. Don't care. Other banks want my business so out of here soon as can switch things over to another bank.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I just want to say that Chase is a horrible bank to deal with. Chase canceled my debit account as a new card was in route which was a 1 week wait. I was not able to release any funds because they sent out a check with my remaining funds without telling me ahead of time and of course I was not able to use my bank card if my entire account was canceled. The communication with this bank lacks tremendously. I also received a letter after the cancellation telling me to cancel any incoming deposits or to wire transfer funds to a new account. How can I transfer funds with a closed account? You CAN'T! I would have done that if I received a letter way before cancellation. I should have received the letter way before the cancellation because now I have an incoming deposit that I have to wait to receive because Chase canceled my account with bad timing and communication.

Also now I have to wait an additional week for my remaining funds because of Chase's incompetence that I intended to use with the new debit card that I could not use because of this account shut down. Thanks for nothing. Do not bank with Chase. If they can't live up to their bank's standards, they will not live up to yours. Save yourself the hassle.

Original review: May 29, 2019

So over the course of 03/18 to present day I have had several transactions from the Virgin islands and Lagos Africa... See how that's a pretty big red flag.... These people deflected any statement and went back to, "You should read your statements more often". I understand my part of accountability but seriously they only took care of things within a 60 day time frame and constantly kept saying they are protected. Spoke to the claims, fraud, supervisors. All were useless saying the same thing. Part of your description as a company is fraud prevention. I didn't find this last year or even 6 months ago. Chase is hands down horrible. I will never recommend this institution.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I been fighting a dispute with Chase Bank for almost 9-10 months now. What happen: I got a bad service for my car from a merchant and he damaged it. What I did: called Chase to get the charged dropped. What they did: "We need evidence." What happened: over the course of 9-10 months - I gave them evidence 3- 4 separate times. At first they just wanted a letter from a mechanic saying the part was broken (got it but wasn't enough). Then they needed a real estimate (got it but it wasn't enough). Now they told me I need to repair the part and show them the receipt to show that the damage was actually real. (Got it paid 2000$ to get my car repaired and they even use that evidence.)

I later find out the evidence I gave them wasn't sufficient (apparently my evidence wasn't real enough but the money paid/lost to get my car repaired and get a receipt was real?). On top of that they told me they would send me letters to reopen the case - (never got it). I had to call them 6-8 times a month begging to give me their address so I can send them a written letter to reopen the case. And cleverly they only gave me the address when it was "Too late to reopen the dispute". They led me on saying they were fighting it but in reality it was closed a while ago. They also would send me to "the benefits team" knowing they had no way of helping me. Or they would just hang up on me.

Then when I called them they would bring the excuse - you should have sent us a written letter saying you wanted reopen the case (I couldn't 'cause you guys never sent me mail and wouldn't give me an address to send my own letter too, until it was too late of course). Their other excuse was that "the research we did shows that you gave us insufficient evidence." Yet they didn't use the evidence that costed me real money to fight the case" (even though they asked me for it saying it would be the hammer that concretes everything and I would refunded for the damages I paid to repair). Now I have to pay the charge after I paid for the damage.

Original review: May 29, 2019

There is no fare to compare this bank with the others in my region because for the third time I submitted request to get credit card from Chase Bank but no response while they ask me to send my ID and SSN in order to verify my information then no response. On other hand I have two credit cards one from BOA and Discover and I have a good job.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I am a small business owner. I tried to make a bank transfer from my ONLINE ACCOUNT. One would expect these things to go through within a few hours. IT HAS TAKEN 3 DAYS AND IS STILL PENDING!!! WTF? The first time I made this same transfer I was asked for my user ID and Password to my other account by Chase bank. I reluctantly provided it and then changed it right away. I just lost an employee because I couldn't pay him due to the transfer pending. I could have traveled 4 hours one way to pull the cash out and hand deliver it BUT I INSTEAD RELIED ON THE ON-LINE BANKING that Chase recommended I use. What an ABSOLUTE nightmare!

I have been with the bank for only a year and am closing my account with Chase forever! Our wonderful Nation bailed this bank out during our 2008 recession. This bank should have been allowed to fail. My RECOMMENDATION to any business or person looking use Chase bank is to: run away!! Do not use this bank, you will regret the experience! They have nice people working for them but the business as a whole sucks!

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was a loyal Chase customer for 10+ years. I decided to do some business online and someone asked if they could pay me through Zelle. I told them I would accept a Zelle payment once they proved they were the account holder. A screenshot of their account with their name on it, a debit card picture, ID, something that verified they were the owner of the account. Zelle's TOS states the payment is permanent once they send it because it is sent from the account holder's account directly. The trade went perfect. Within a week, Chase froze my account. I called them and told them, the person sent a VIDEO of them logging into their account and showing me they did in fact, own the account. Chase refused to let me send the video, a link to the video on Google Drive or ANY proof that the person meant to send the money.

Instead, they froze my account, refused to give me answers, debited the amount from my account and put my account under review. I called several times and offered proof that the person who sent the money was the account holder and Chase said they did their own internal investigation and found that the money was fraudulently sent to my account and they stole the funds from my account and ended our banking relationship of over 10 years. In my opinion, if a person claims fraud, they should gather ALL of the evidence to see I was scammed and the person got both the item we traded AND the money. Chase cost me SEVERAL THOUSANDS of dollars in business refunding people after we traded. My working theory is that scammers know Chase will side with them so they used that to their advantage.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I had not received a replacement card in the mail for a card to soon expire. I called a week prior to expiring for a new card and was told my current card would work until the new card was activated. I had the service rep repeat this as I couldn’t afford a deactivated card since my family is moving this weekend. The card ended up being deactivated despite what was said and worse yet upon calling back I found that they couldn’t reactivate my current card and basically said sorry. Now I’ll go through the holiday weekend and moving without access to my account. I will no longer be banking with Chase.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I went into the Chase bank in Green Valley, AZ (210 West Continental) to set up an account. I wanted to set up my account and a linked account for my son. There were no people in the bank and several employees doing absolutely nothing yet I was told that they only had time to set up one account. On top of that they were rude about the whole situation.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We had two business accounts with Chase. They canceled our POS, credit cards, and accounts without warning or justification. They just sent a letter AFTER THE FACT, stating after serious consideration they decided to close our accounts. While our accounts were closed and waiting for the checks of the balance to arrive in the mail, we incurred many fees from our auto-pay accounts. I was told by Chase that we SHOULD have received a letter in advance, but no letters or any notification was given in advance. If you are doing business, avoid this unreliable and unethical bank. Too big to fail, but that does not prevent them from treating their customers like dirt.

Chase Bank Company Information