2. Finance
Chase Bank

Chase Bank

3.7/5 (1685 ratings)

About Chase Bank

Chase offers home lending services, including mortgages, refinancing and home equity loans. It provides online prequalification and home buying resources. The company gives consumers access to mortgage specialists both online and at branches.

Chase Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase?

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have been with Chase for over 20 years and requested a credit to be mailed out to me. They told me it would take 7-10 business days. I called at least 4 times to check on my credit being sent out and all times the reps told me it was being worked on. So after almost 3 weeks I called for an update only to be told my credit was never initiated! The rep James said he would start it and offered me to charge stuff on the card! That’s not what I asked for. I want my refund. So I asked to speak to a manager, to which he claimed none was available and I was on hold over 15 minutes, then on hold another 10 minutes with him. Finally he said I could receive a call back but it would take 15-30 for a manager to contact me???? So I suggested to hold.

After a few more minutes he said it was nothing else he could do for me and hung up???? I can’t believe Chase would treat me this way after doing business with them over 20 years! I called back and got connected to an account supervisor immediately named Curtis who was very apologetic and professional. He promised me he would get it started again today and notify the managers of the reps that didn’t know how to handle issuing credit refunds. So again, I have to wait 7-10 business days. I’m glad how Curtis handled the call, however I am totally disappointed in Chase representatives and the service and lies I received for the last 3 weeks! PS, I even had my son sign up for a card and he got approved and card was sent out, but now I’m not so sure about this company????

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have been with Chase Bank for a couple years and I am 100% dissatisfied with the level of "customer service" they provide and my overall banking experience. Within the past year, I have had nothing but duplicate charges and unauthorized charges on my account and it's nearly impossible to get it corrected without jumping through a ton of hoops. Chase bank does not have my best interest in mind nor do they care about the safety of my funds as they contentiously allow duplicate charges to occur. Regarding the customer service, completely awful! Every time I call in, I have to repeat myself multiple times and be COLD TRANSFERRED from department to department.. to try to resolve issues.

Original review: May 11, 2020

We are a small business that has Used JP Morgan Chase Bank since 2012. We funnel approx. 1.4 million in sales annually through Chase. On the first week we were able to apply for the Payroll Protection Plan we did so. The system was set up so that you could not contact anyone in regards to your loan but had to wait for a response after 4 weeks we were denied. So we reapplied at a small bank and had our money in 2 days. This Bank does not care about the small guy so beware. But for us we are gone and will not go back and will encourage everyone we come into contact with to not use them.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have been dealing with Chase majority of my life until now. I had a overdraft of 219.03. When I got my stimulus check, also payroll check, the same day Chase decided to take it upon themselves to give me a credit for 30 days for my overdraft. Not letting me know what their plans were I thought that they just gave me a credit for the overdraft. A couple days later I got a message on my Chase app stating that Chase will deduct that 219.03 from my account in 30 days. I called and Chase gave me a credit of 34.00 on my overdraft refund. Now I just received a letter stating Chase will deduct 219.03 from my account on the 15th. I am very disappointed in chase, and I plan on moving on to another bank. Chase is not being honest, customer service is lacking, so Chase will take advantage of a situation without communication.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I am a new, struggling small business who has my business accounts with Chase, yet I have not been able to submit my SBA PPP Application since last month. After waiting on phone meetings that never happened, I call tirelessly and am then told after reaching a Chase Rep that I cannot walk into a branch and that all applications have to be digitally submitted online. There is no link or any way possible to submit online once signing into my Chase accounts. HOW DARE CHASE BANK not accept the application at such a critical and devastating time after I've already had my brother hospitalized fighting for his life & lost my Dad to this COVID.

Even if backlogged (as I was told by rep) why wouldn't they offer another lender or at least take the application and put on waiting list for funding? Chase Bank thrives on the small business of customers with little resources and this a total FAILURE on their part to honor the Cares Act. I NEED HELP NOW and I've tried many other banks but none are taking new customers. Where do I turn at this point?

Original review: May 9, 2020

I've been a customer of Chase for 6 years and expected that they would be set up for the PPP loan approval process. They denied my first application in round 1 because they said I hit a button on the application wrong (that I had foreign employees?). I know I didn't hit that wrong on the application but either way- they took 4 weeks to tell me. Oops first round of money ran out. I applied again just to find out I was denied because of of no proof even though I literally gave them every quarterly, W2, W3s and entire tax return from last year. Took them 4 more weeks to tell me I was denied. I turned around and opened an account at a local bank - approved in 1 day. I can't be the only one.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I came into town in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and had no appointment; was on a time schedule and the staff here at Chase location 5330 Cedar Lake Rd. Suite 600 was well discerning and cooperative with my needs and made accommodations for me to be worked into an appointment that evening at 3pm on 05/06/20.

Mind you I arrived at about 1pm with no appointment at all. ** assisted me by taking action copying my documents and worked me in an unscheduled appointment with Private Clients Banker Larissa A. Oliphant. It showed exponentially per her professionalism streaming down into the staff! I'm very grateful!

Original review: May 6, 2020

On April 23rd, 2020 I tried to wire a vendor 4076.00. Due to an issue the wire would not go through. Therefore, I had to write the vendor a check in order to have my product delivered. For 10 days I have tried to have the 4076.00 Wire Chase has sitting in their account making money put back into my account. I have sent multiple secure messages, only to have me call numbers that told me that department is unable to assist me. I have now called 4 days in a row and held for over 1 hour each call to try to resolve this issue and get my funds (my money) put back in my account. Today I am on my second phone call. 1st was 1 hour and 5 minutes long to find out that I must be transferred to another number wire research department. Needless to say I still have not been refunded the unused wire money in the amount of 4076.00!!! Funds still on hold 5/6/2020.

Original review: May 5, 2020

My Mom had dementia, she passed January 2020. Her SS money was deposited into my account in February. Chase won’t release the money to me so I can pay SS or pay SS. SS is turning me over to collections. I quit my job to care for Mom because I didn’t want her going to a nursing home. I don’t have an extra $1200 laying around.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Even during the pause caused by COVID19, we are being charged interest on the credit card, and so "generously" given the option to defer payments. By being forced to pay interest instead of putting the money towards the debt, the payer gets in deeper debt. But the banks get to make their money, and even more so, while wearing a mask of kindness. Please, if you have a heart, stop charging interest. Give us a chance to pay off our balances.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I had an issue with my account, and sat on hold for 55 minutes waiting for assistance. When the lady answered I mentioned that it took too long, and she immediately got defensive. I explained that we can move on and I needed assistance and she kept going with my original complaint in how long it took. She actually, literally said she wouldn’t help me. I asked, “are you kidding???” And she said no. I asked for her name and she started laughing. So I called back, waited another hour, and got it taken care of.

Unfortunately, a few days later I had charges on my account I didn’t recognize. I called up, waited 45 minutes, and the nasty woman who helped me said, “that’s not me, that’s the claims department.” And when she transferred me, I heard a message that said it would be at least 50 minutes (no, it was NOT 15–it was “50”) before someone could answer. An hour or so later they finally picked up and said, “that’s not me, that’s the disputes department...” and transferred me without further explanation. I’m literally writing this review as I sit on hold. It’s approaching two hours I’ve been on this call. I’m so disgusted by how awful Chase’s customer service in. It is disposable.

Original review: May 2, 2020

My business banked with Chase for three years. I had my corporate credit cards, a term loan, checking, savings and merchant processing with them. One by one they broke every promise they ever made. Helpful, nice people at the branch and my relationship manager were powerless to turn the tide on this patently criminal organization's determination to fleece anybody it can. Finally, with fleas crawling all over me I ran this dog out of my tent. good riddance!

Original review: May 1, 2020

I have been banking with Chase over 5 months and have had over 5 thousand dollars in there. Banking now I have reported my claim twice with them and no satisfaction and they are not trying to give me my protection that they promised.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Very many problems. Most recent my husband's check keeps getting put on hold. My bills are being denied. They put money in my account saying it was a credit. Now they're telling me that I have to pay it back and I can't ever get anyone on the phone that can help me.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I’ve had my Chase checking and savings accounts for 3 years. Two weeks ago I was awarded a $2500 check from the settlement of a large class action lawsuit. I deposited the check into a Chase ATM around 8:30PM and the final screen indicated a 7-business-day hold on the funds (not optional at that point, or I never would have deposited it). I went into the branch the following day and addressed the hold, as well as another recent issue in which Chase had failed to correctly place a stop payment on my IRS autodrafts (as taxpayers are currently permitted to do until July 15th) and subsequently this resulted in an overdraft on my account; while in the branch I was treated with shocking disrespect, and basically I felt accused of trying to defraud the bank and the IRS. I left and called customer service, ultimately waiting on hold for over three hours.

I was transferred to some elusive department that I was assured could lift the hold on the check, which I assumed would be inevitable considering it originated out of a very well-known lawsuit and multi-million-dollar settlement; I waited over three hours again after being transferred but finally hung up. The same thing happened the following day. The day after that I was determined to wait as long as it took to get someone from the special department on the line, and finally I was able to do so.

I was told a bunch of weird conflicting information that I will summarize: “The check has an alert. We received this alert from the bank that issued the check, indicating that the check will bounce. We’ve had a number of other customers who deposited these checks and some of them bounced, some did not. We will not release the funds early. You have to wait until the 24th” (10 total days after deposit) “and if the check clears, the check clears. If not, well that’s the reason we’re holding it.”

I thought this sounded ludicrous and so I contacted the settlement administrator, who told me in no uncertain terms that Chase’s claim about alerts and bounced checks was utter nonsense and in fact they showed that my check had already successfully cleared the settlement account. I called Chase back and got that department on the line twice more after that but there was no deterring them; the last two representatives I spoke to didn’t back up their colleague’s earlier reports of information from the issuing bank or the existence of other bounced checks, actually they claimed no knowledge of those things, but they did confirm that there was an alert on the check and again declined to help me.

The 24th rolled around and what do you know, the money posted to my account without a hitch. I still haven’t been able to access it, however, because guess what happened? Two days before that I went into a branch to get a counter check so I could pay a bill, and I was told my account was currently “restricted” and I was given a number to call. Can you guess whose number? If you guessed the special department’s, you’d be correct! So I waited on hold the following day for three hours AGAIN, only to be told that Chase Bank had just decided to terminate our relationship effective immediately.

My accounts were to remain restricted for the immediate future, which meant no money in or out until they decided to cut me a check for whatever balance remained; I’ve called back several times since that original phone call and every single time I’ve been given conflicting information about timelines; sometimes it’s 10 days, sometimes 10 business days, and some people even advised me to go into branch and ask for some cash out of the account.

Well I just left the branch after being basically laughed out the door; they said they have nothing to do with the account status and told me the check would be cut “two days after the account is closed;” I replied that the account had been closed on the 20th, so the banker got confused and went into his office to make a phone call. When he came back he said he wasn’t able I get any information for me but again he assured me I’d be receiving my funds via mailed check. He also wrote down a phone number for me to call, you guessed it — The Department. Think I’ll call? Highly doubtful. I am a small business owner and the money in my Chase account is all I have in the world. I haven’t received my economic impact payment, I haven’t received my loan from the SBA, and the PPP loan is up in the air. I’m literally going hungry. Thanks everybody at Chase!

Original review: April 27, 2020

Amazon Prime uses Chase as their credit card holder. This past month I used another credit card to pay for my purchases, but inadvertently sent an electronic payment for $1433.90 to Chase instead of to the other credit card from my bank. My balance with Chase was $0.00, and now I had a credit of $1433.90. When I realized the mistake, I called my bank who advised me to have Chase just electronically "reverse" this. I called Chase and was told that they would send a check in 7 to 10 days, plus delivery time and refused to electronically return the money to my bank. They were rude and extremely uncooperative. The person that I dealt with was Michael **. In this time where people are short money, this is very poor customer service. I will be cancelling my credit card as soon as I get my money back. This also does not reflect well on Amazon since they advertise this card.

Original review: April 24, 2020

If you were thinking about opening a small business account (anything under $1m) Don’t think that you will receive anything except a computerized account. There is no banking relationship. They do not value you as a customer and they will put you at the back of every line. They will stall and send you on the runaround but you will never get any action upon your requests even when you go through the process they have (forms, online, etc). If you need a bank account that has moderate to high fees and you can access online, they are competent. Other than that STAY AWAY And go with one of your local business banks.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We Provided all info needed they said we did not 21 days later while other banks call their customers and get the correct info! They are horrible people who give Money to friends and Big Clients. I opened this Business over 18 months ago after 33 years of working for someone. I cannot collect unemployment in NJ, It is a disgrace I am only asking for what I need not like Harvard, Ruth Chris, People with deep pockets. I have given my heart and soul to my employees and Chase Spits on You! Shame on You Chase Bank!!!!

Original review: April 23, 2020

Compared to several other large banks, Chase has great personable customer service, easy to use and super convenient phone app, easily removed bounced account fees, many fraud protections and options available for any need.

Original review: April 22, 2020

If I could give this company negative stars I would. My debit card was recently hacked, for the fourth time this year, this last time I had $1900 stolen from me and Chase has done nothing to get my money back. I’ve had to open a claim 3 separate times and they said they will no longer open my claim.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I will try to keep this as short as possible! I have had mortgage with Chase for 15 years. I figured I would try to take advantage of the low rates. I reached out to Chase on December 12, 2019. The representative I got in touch with William **, said he could definitely help me out. Upfront I told him that I had gone through a divorce, had a bankruptcy and my house was in a Living trust. I said if this is a problem, don't waste my time or your time. He said "no problem"!!! I just need a fully refundable $500 retainer to proceed. I asked multiple times, if I don't qualify I will get my money back? YES, don't worry James.

The next two months were a NIGHTMARE. Need 2109 tax returns....ok. Need discharge from 2015 bankruptcy....ok. Need a COPY of Living Trust....ok. After 45 days of this crap, they tell me the mortgage is denied because my house is in a TRUST. How about telling me this on DAY 1 Disgusting and horrible business. Bailed out in 2008....then they buy back their stock and they can still get away with this. It is horrible. On February 14, 2020, I reached out to a local mortgage company. I was approved in 24 hours and closed in 14 days!!! Chase still will not refund my money. It is outrageous they can still operate like this in 2020. I am certain I am not the only person they have done this to. Should be sued and PAY!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2020

Chase Bank blocked and closed my account nearly 2 weeks ago for NO REASON mid corona virus pandemic. I foolishly put all my money into this account and my last five checks. I'm literally struggling to feed my children. I had to visit the ER Sunday because I have no access to money for my blood pressure meds. All things I made chase aware of but they didnt care. Hold times are well over 2 hours each time they transfer you to a diff dept. The office of ceo supposed to returned my call. Name Sophie never did at this point. I have no clue what's going on with my thousands of dollars. Smh. I've never had a negative balance. I'm not the first person this has happened to. DO NOT BANK WITH CHASE OR INVEST ALL YOUR MONEY WITH THIS BANK. IF YOU DO BANK WITH THEM CHECK THE BANK REVIEWS ON GOOGLE FIRST.

Original review: April 20, 2020

See the news for lawsuits filed against Chase for cheating customers out of their chance for a PPP loan under the CARES act. Chase promised to process loans on a timely basis. They prioritized larger loans so that they could make more commissions. My wife and I asked for less than $100k, but I am sure that requests for $10m were much more attractive to Chase for the commissions. Shameful.

Original review: April 19, 2020

The government sent my stimulus check to my Chase Bank account and they told me they sent back but on the website it shows that it was deposited for this month but they said they closed my account and the government has not received my payment back. Can't get my money. I think they're lying to me holding my money because I had a negative balance $717 but my stimulus check was for $2,700. They were supposed to take the money out that I owed them I guess and put the rest of the money into an account that they had on file for me. They have three other accounts on file for me. Really frustrating can I pay my rent cuz I ain't got no money.

Original review: April 18, 2020

The bank put a 10 day hold on a deposit, which cleared the other institution after 3 days and then - proceeded to charge 6 $34 overdraft fees and return. PAYMENT OF $240. When there was over $20000 in the account. The bank should be investigated, fined and made to explain their fraud and theft from a customer... Maybe that’s why their actual websites called chase sucks.org. Chase does suck, they are thieves and commit fraud and get away with it. Hope one day they are actually held accountable.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I WOULD LIKE ALL BUSINESSES THAT HAD TO DEAL WITH CHASE BANK TO PLEASE WRITE TO CHANNEL 5 INVESTIGATES!! I have already done so, I applied for SBA loan on April 6th, I received my loan app. number on April 7th. I have talked to the bank twice and both times was told they are going through them sequentially in the order they were received. I believe they are giving the loans to big companies first. I only asked for 9600.00 to cover my payroll, I have an 800 and above credit rating and have no credit card debt, My loan should be real easy. For my company you just take line 31 of your tax form, divide by 12 and multiply by 2.5 and that is the amount I get. I feel Chase is doing this so they can make more money off these loans. Today is April 16th and still have not heard a word from Chase.

Original review: April 16, 2020

So while so many Americans have been forced out of their jobs and unable to collect a paycheck, Chase is taking advantage and charging $12 a piece. Making money off of a pandemic is appalling. I am a substitute teacher. As schools closed, so did my source of income. I checked my bank account to see that Chase has implemented the $12 monthly charge if you do not have a direct deposit $500+. Obviously can't get a deposit so for Chase to charge me when I'm down and out is disgusting! I have contacted Chase and will be changing banks as soon as possible!!!

Original review: April 16, 2020

This is my third time in this situation with Chase. A couple months ago I noticed my bank account would get to zero or get into overdraft after I've already checked my account which still had funds. I called many times asking why my transactions are rearranged. They give me the same answer "we put all deposits in before we deduct everything else". That worked a couple of times until now. 4/11 I put money in my account, 4/12 I took out $40 got change then placed $30 right back in, which I never got an email receipt for as requested. My statements show I put in the money on 4/11, deposited $30 then took out $40 the next day. I should've known something was off when I had $50 in my account and got two errors trying to sign in before withdrawing $20 yesterday.

As I went on with my day I ended it with $20 left then woke up to a purchase I made LAST WEEK now posted under yesterday. I called to explain it can't be the merchant (the second excuse they love to use) because I was notified when the funds were taken out of my account when I made the purchase so how can it be taken out twice? I explained that this wasn't the first time this has happened and others have experienced it too. After getting the run around again by customer service I asked her for her manager's number. I was told sure, placed on hold then she hung up. I'm going to withdraw whatever I have and will be leaving this branch. I recommend anyone who ever gets an email receipt to get a physical form. I did some calculations from the email present balance vs. where they say my balance is on the app and there's about a $5 difference between each purchase. I hope people start to speak up and file a lawsuit.

Original review: April 15, 2020

After 8 months having both a checking and savings account, this bank decided to suddenly close my accounts without giving me any notification or reason for doing so. Went to purchase something using my Chase debit card, and it does not work, even though I had money in my account. Bank keeps sending me secure messages, but I cannot access my account! Calling this bank is at least a 2 hour wait time. Impossible to get any information from them.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The worst service that I ever had is from this bank!!!! They have closed the credit card without any notice and without ANY REASON. I have been trying to contact them and nobody gives a decent response!!!

Chase Bank Company Information