Bank of America Gift Cards

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Approx. two months ago, I elected to cash in my Bank of Am. reward points. They were to deposit seventy dollars into my checking acct at my bank. I have made two phone calls to BOA as to why the deposit has not been made. First, I was told my bank was the problem. The next time, they had no clue. So I asked that they mail me gift cards instead. And as of today have not received anything. As soon as my BOA cc is paid off, I am canceling the card. It's not worth the aggravation.

Took 25,000 points but never provided item selected: On August 30, 2012, I purchased a $250 Visa gift card with world points. After numerous complaints and phone calls, the card has never been received. They claim they have a policy that they cannot refund the points, even though it is now November, and they have never provided the card. They claim each time they re-request, it takes 7-10 days for the request and another three weeks to mail the card. Bank of America owns the credit card, the rewards program, and the Visa program; yet it claims it is a third party and they can’t do anything about it. I feel this is fraud on the part of Bank of America.

I redeemed my World Points for a $100 gift card. I never received the card. After about 2 months, I called them and they said they would reissue (resend) the card. After another 2 months of not getting the card, I called them again. They said they would reissue the card again, but this time, I would be charged $7 for it (by reducing the value of the gift card). At each reissue, I gave them my address again and it was the same as what they had on file. I have received other BoA mail at the address I gave them. Why am I being charged for their mistake? Did they ever really send the card in the first place?

BofA just lowered the credit limit on one of my accounts from $28,800.00 to $6,500.00 without any notice that they were going to do this. They just sent a letter stating that the limit has been slashed. The same day, I received another letter with a promotional offer on this account, 0% APR until February 2010. And the credit limit was stated as $28,800.00 on this promotional offer. Interesting that I am supposedly such a bad credit risk all of a sudden according to BofA, but at the same time they are sending me promotional offers?! Small business has been shut down as I have no credit to run my business.

On 11/03/2008, I needed to send money to my relative on Canada. I was told by Bank of America teller (3660 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75062) that AMEX Gift Card would be the better option to send money to Canada. Based on the advice of the teller I purchased $250 American Express Gift cards. I sent the cards to Canada via USPS express delivery. My relative in Canada can't use the card in Canada because these cards are only valid in USA. I have suffered a financial loss due to the bad advice given to me by your teller. I just sent the money again to my relative in Canada via Western Union.

I have suffered a financial loss of $75 of due to misleading information provided by your Branch office at 3660 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75062. Your Manager ** was unable to help me in this matter. I will appreciate if you please help me recover my financial loss of $75 (cost of gift card, shipping cost, both sides to and from Canada and Western Union fees for re-sending money to Canada). I will be able to provide all the receipts upon your request.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Bank of America credit card improperly charged me a late fee, which caused a rate increase. After dealing with the issue for several months to get the matter resolved, a customer service rep offered me a gas card and sent me a letter explaining "as you recently experienced an issue or a problem may occur from time to time. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concern and resolve your issue. I wanted to go beyond simply expressing our regret for your inconvenience and do something a little extra special for you. I hope you'll accept the enclosed gift card as a token of our sincere appreciation for your patience and understanding." This was from Thalese of Bank of America.

I received a $50.00 Exxon Mobil gas card issued by Hallmark Insights (1-800-765-4438, customerservice@hallmarkinsights.com). When I checked the Exxon Mobil gas card website, there is not an Exxon Mobil gas station near my area not within 10, 25, 30 miles, etc. I called the above Hallmark number on June 30, 2008, and they informed me that they had received other calls with this same issue and advised me to call Bank of America.

I called BoA on June 30, 2008 and spoke with several representations and was placed on hold for 46 minutes. Then they hung up on me. I called back and was transferred to another department, and the person said there was nothing that can be done. I said this was not fair because the gift card is useless. I asked to speak with a supervisor and spoke to Katie, the team manager, who stated that she would email Thalese and Thalese would contact me in less than two days. I called back two days later, and after being transferred to numerous representatives and placed on hold for close to one hour, I requested a supervisor and spoke with Wallace. The senior stated that I should call Hallmark. I informed Wallace that I had already called Hallmark.

Was given gift card from employer. Did not know it expired. Called BOA today, was told to call Monday. Could not help me at all. Nobody above him works weekends. Told to call Mon. and talk to Linda or Lexia. He could not tell me name of CEO, told him I can get that on internet. He did not have authority to renew the card; he did not mention if I could renew for a fee.

Both my employer and myself are out $75. BOA got all the money.

I purchased a $100 Bank of America visa gift card two years ago. As soon as I received it I lost it. So a year later when I found it I saw that it had already expired, I never used it. so I called the 1800 number to have it replaced, found out they don't do that, but would send me a check for $80 because they'll deduct some fees, I said whatever just send me the check.

A year goes by and I never heard from them and of course no check arrived. When I finally moved and was unpacking I found the card again and remember that I never got anything so I call them again and they said they'll resend it. Nothing arrived again so one year and a month later I call again and this time they transfer me to another 1800 number because they can't do anything....so why did somebody say a check was on the way twice?

So I called the 1800-213-4074 asked for a supervisor and Linda gets on the phone telling me that Berry another supervisor would help me. Berry was the rudest person I have spoken to, she didn't want to help and said you are all out of luck maam. What kind of customer service is that? Linda of course never answered the phone when I asked for her. I have been with BoA for years even before it changed to BoA. and to loose a good customer over something so small and poor customer service is stupid, Boa need to hire better service, I'm closing my accounts and will definitely tell friend and relatives. Till this day BoA has kept my $100 cash I used to buy the gift card.

I was given a gift card for $200. I didn't realize that there were monthly fees that ate up the gift amount. I thought I had used up about $180 (gift purchases and monthly fees). There is an expiration date on this card. I didn't think expiration dates on gift certificates were legal and I can't get the remaining $20.

Bank of America Gift Cards Company Profile