Find a Credit Cards partner

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.8/5 (1213 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: March 3, 2012

Bank of America credit games - Many times of the last several years, BoA has raised credit card rates to absurd levels, reduce limits and closed accounts with zero balances. It's clear they want consumers to fail. By manipulating credit scores, they back you in a corner. I will never do business with BoA. No mortgage, car loans, banking. Nothing! No wonder the occupy crowd hates them so much.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

Many times over the last few months I have asked for an increase in my credit limit on two credit cards with BOA. My credit score is above 760+ and I have not had any bad credit reports or delinquency issues. Today, I called and asked to have my Alaska Airlines credit card increased from $6,900 to $10,000. Instead, they wanted to just take $3,100 credit from my other Platinum credit card to make the $10k. I find this ridiculous. I make above $108,000 a year and have $44k in savings with another $30K+ in TSPs. Bank of America has continually failed to help me over the last few years and their unwillingness to help will have resulted in another lost customer. I will be closing down both my credit cards and checking/savings accounts and will be using another financial institution.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2012

Yesterday, I called Bank of America to pay off my credit card. The bill was roughly $4,400. I gave the gentleman my account and routing number, so that they could take it directly from my checking account. I was told the payment was put through, and it would come out in 1 to 2 business days. After paying that bill, I went to pay a simple gas bill. I was told my card was declined for insufficient funds. When I called the bank to inquire, they informed me that my account was overdrawn, by $40,000. It turns out the gentleman who took my payment charged my account way too much. They said they would put a stop payment on it, and not to worry about it, because it would not come out.

Lo and behold, I woke up this morning, and my checking account is in the red by about $40,000. I called them to get it fixed, and they told me that they put a stop payment on it, but it did not work, so they will put another one on. I told them, "obviously the first one did not work". I was patched to credit card services, who said they would refund the money back onto my checking account, but I will not see it, until at least Tuesday, due to the holiday weekend. In the meantime, I'm screwed with the few bills I had already floating out there. Also, because it is Saturday, none of my utility places are open for me to go to the branches, and make payments.

This has caused me so much stress and time, that I am almost sick. I will never bank with them ever in my life again. I've been a loyal customer for 5 years, and "sorry" is not enough to make me stay with this bank. Even more so, I wanted to open an account at a credit union in my city, but I cannot do that either. Since it is Saturday, again, no one is open, and the only way to open online, is to transfer funds from my current bank. Oh wait, I can't do that. Why? Because bank of America put me $40,000 in the hole! So, until at least Tuesday, financially, I am a sitting duck.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

I was seeking to do a balance transfer today from a very high APR card to a lower one at Bank of America. I have had a BofA card since 2009, with no issues. Anyway, I started out this morning with a $16,000 balance and 9.00% APR. Nice right? I called BofA wanting to use this card for a balance transfer. I was transferred to the credit department. They told me I had to add my wife as a co-applicant to qualify for this balance transfer based on my current income. So no problem, I told them I will make that happen. I called back an hour later to add my wife and I swear to God on my son's life... they informed me that my balance was reduced to $4,000 and my APR was 19.99 % now.

I am a full grown man and I about cried. I have never been dealt a blow like that from BofA. My only crime was that my income changed over the last few years but my credit is great. This destroyed all my plans to perform a responsible snow-ball payoff of my credit card debt. Not to mention that credit balance reduction will lower my credit score and make it harder to find a lower interest card. Some advice: If a Bank of America representative wants to transfer you to the credit department... hang up!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2012

I started with BofA in 1979. In 2009, I had a checking account, saving account, vehicle loan and credit card account with them. I had never made a late payment or had any credit issues. That year, I made a $5,000 purchase on my credit card which had a $20,000 limit. Within two months, they had dropped my limit to $10,000. When I called to find out why, I was told everyone was doing this and they were just following the industry standard. The following month it was dropped to $7,500 and the interest rate went up. Again, I called and received the exact same answer. So they penalized me because they could. I paid half the debt and again they dropped the limit.

By 2010, I had had it with them. On 08-06-10, I requested the payoff on everything, issued payment in full on all accounts with a balance the same day and closed every account I had with them. In Jan of 2011, I found out they had been reporting me past due since September 2010 on the credit card and they were showing I owed them over $440. I had not received even one statement during this time. I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone, writing letters and even going to the branch that issued the card, to no avail. They have ignored every request to validate this debt.

Every phone call has ended up with them transferring me to at least five different divisions, including the fraud division only to have everyone tell me they can't explain what happened and eventually putting me on hold and disconnecting me.They don't care if they violate the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Every registered letter has been ignored. The branch flat out told me they would not be held responsible for any issues to do with the card because they aren't responsible for their credit card services. My only hope now lies with the Attorney General's office. Don't walk away from BofA, run!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

In December 2011, I was notified that a suspicious charge was on my account. At that that time I spoke with a Mr. D at Bank of America. It turned out it was a charge that I had not authorized. Mr D suggested the easiest thing to do was to cancel my account which I have had since 1979 and get me a new account number, which was done.

When I go online, it shows the new account number and the correct balances. However, BoA has not sent the physical card to me. I have spoken by telephone with them, I have emailed them, and I have out and out lied to. I have been told the card was sent via USPS, sent via overnight mail. I asked the card be sent overnight so I am certain to receive it.

I reside in Thailand, and have never had a problem like this before. My last response from BoA was I needed to call them again. Can you help resolve this problem? If not, can you please get me the person's name who is in charge of BoA's Credit Card Dept.? If having an attorney would help, then please have one contact me.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

I had a BOA credit card for over 6 years. My credit limit reached a high of $18,500. For the last 3 years I carried a full balance. I never had a late payment and always made the minimum payment and did not use the card at all till I had paid down my balance owed to $13,500. They cut my credit limit to $13,500 without warning. Ok that was annoying but it was just after the economy crashed so I didn't complain. I just paid my card off in full this month January 2012. 12 hours later they closed my account. They did not let me know. I have a FICO of over 700 and the only bills I have now are some small medical bills and car payment. I found out when Sirus sent me an email saying my auto-deduct payment was declined. This company is undependable and does not reward customer loyalty. I will do as little banking with them as possible and I will tell everyone I know about their business practices.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

I was confused about the amount of interest I was being charged on my credit card and I had both an agent and a manager explain to me that I was being charged my APR each month. They were explaining that out of every $100 of balance I owe, I was paying $16.24 each month, when in fact that is not true. In fact, I am paying a daily rate which is 16.24/365 X number of days in the billing cycle. I asked the manager, Patti, to calculate for me the actual interest rate charged on the monthly statement so I could understand how it was calculated, but she couldn't do it. She didn't understand how to do the calculation and then proceeded to tell me (with a raised voice) that it is my responsibility to understand the terms and agreements, and not theirs. I explained that I understand it's not their responsibility to manage my finances, but it is their fiduciary responsibility to be able to explain and advise the financial terms accurately and in a manner that I will understand. She said it's not.

My complaint is that how can financial professionals be put in these positions and not understand how to explain such an important product? But for my probing and research, I would have been led to believe something that was incorrect. This is alarming to me and I hope more stringent regulations are put in place that police the activity of professionals that don't know what they are saying. This has to be one of the reasons our country is in a financial hole right now. Yes, I think we must all understand and manage our own financial info but shouldn't our financial advisers be held to the higher standard of financial understanding so they can accurately relay that knowledge to the consumer?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2012

I have automatic withdraw from my bank account. So I simply change my monthly payment to the minimum amount via mail and they received and acknowledged. They impose a $25 late fee to my surprise. I always have money on my account and B of A still did not remove the $25 late fee! Question: why B of A imposed that late fee?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I paid for Credit Protection Plus for many years on BOA credit card. I had moved to another state and gotten work as a dispatcher at the county sheriff's office. We were assured that we had jobs and that the economy would not be a risk factor. Three months later, I was laid off with two other dispatchers. I then returned to my home state and applied to BOA Credit Protection Plus for unemployment and was denied because I had not worked at that job long enough and was, therefore, not qualified for unemployment benefits. I did not get upset and understood this decision.

I continued to look for work. I actively sent out resumes for my previous type of work, which was as a medical transcriptionist. I actively continued to seek work until July 2011. Then at the end of July 2011, after many years of continuing declining health, I applied for Social Security Disability. I had heard that it took years to get and most people required a lawyer. I sent paperwork that I had, along with diagnoses given to me with lab work and received my Social Security Disability in 3.6 months. I immediately called Credit Protection Plus. They said that their rules were that I had to have been disabled within 7 days of my last job. I told them I had been laid off.

They said that were their rules. I actually had been disabled longer than that, but had continued to work through the pain I spoke with my doctor and he agreed that I had been disabled at least that long if not longer and he filled out a form for me stating such. I was then denied because the date was over 300 days past the date I reported it; therefore, I was ineligible. When I tried to send the date given to me by Social Security as the date my disability began of 04/21/2011, they would not accept that, stating that a physician's date was all that could be used. Therefore, I have paid for Credit Protection Plus for approximately 4 years with nothing to show for it. Tell me, what was done wrong here? I continued to search for work and even told them this. They ignored that fact.

I then wrote Brian T. Moynihan, the President and CEO, who assigned an "advocate" for me. This man's name was Michael **? He spoke with me once on the phone, put me on hold and came back and told I was not eligible. I was never informed about the "over 300 days" rule prior to the time I applied for my credit protection plus. I told Michael that "I hope you can sleep at night because you know that I am disabled and you are not being an advocate at all.” About ten minutes later he phoned back offering to let me have a "few months" of no payments for my move to another state (also over 300 days ago). I do not understand this. They are willing to let me have a few months for a move, which was performed over 300 days ago, but would not honor my permanent disability over 300 days of reporting? This is all more of the same greed that I have heard about on the news concerning Bank of America. No attorneys can help me with this because I have no money!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I called Bank of America when I became unemployed to discuss with them my situation and work out a plan that they would be satisfied with during the few months I would not be able to make my normal payment. They were very nice and told me about a program they had that were for people in my situation. They would lower my monthly payment with the agreement that they would close my two cards so I could not use them and they would draft the monthly payments directly from my checking account to ensure they got their payment. They ensured me that this way this situation would not affect my credit. They withdrew the money every month and I was completely satisfied with the plan.

I went to apply for a home loan and the loan officer informed me that Bank of America is reporting that I was 90 days late on both cards on the program I worked out with them. I called them, furious about the situation and all they said was that other people had complained about the same thing and there was nothing I could do but write them in writing and hopefully they would remove it from my credit. They said that what happened was that the representative that set up my plan had created a draft date on my checking account that was after the payment was actually due, so as a result my payment was late every month. I have had no response from Bank of America about either card and am unable to buy a home or get a low interest rate on a car loan because of it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2012

I called to inquire about my transfer options. I had recently paid off $6200 of the $12200 balance. After answering a couple questions, the woman cut my credit limit $14000. I have a credit score in the high 700's, I've never been late with these people. The supervisor, Amy Edwards, stated that hit had nothing to do with my record as a customer and strictly about the numbers.

So, my tax dollars bail them out and they squeeze me. Bank of America is the worst institution of all the banks out there. I plan on paying off the remaining balance and closing the account. If they try to talk me out of it I swear I'll scream. People should stay as far away from this bank and their financial products as possible. The lawsuit against them for their mortgage practices is just the start.

Bank of America is out to ruin the United States of America.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2012

I was out of town for 6 months, and was not able to arrange for the credit card payment of around $30. I came back and called BOA credit card. A/C was blocked (which was fine), and the balance was $240. I requested the account to not charge the fees for late payments, etc, as I was not in town, and no family member was there to take care of the balance. I was informed that it was an oversight. I was advised to make the account current, by paying in full, so that the bank could restart the account and then refund the fees. That was done immediately.

When I asked the bank to do other things, like reopen the account and refund the fees, the bank said that they could not do either. I was transferred to several departments, and the result was it is not possible. When questioned about the statement of the previous agent about the process, the answer was the bank would try to do this, but it was known that it was not possible to do anything.

The bottom line is that, the bank did not inform me that it was not possible to do anything, and that I had to make the payments, or face the consequences, but I was misinformed that it could be worked out. This is improper, and the bank misrepresented to me all the facts, and did not tell me that the bank had no options but to collect the dues in whatever manner, and there were no options of reopening or crediting the account with the fees charged. This is misrepresentation.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

I got an offer for a Bank of America credit card with an introductory rate of 0.9% for 6 months, given that there were no late payments. After that, the interest would go up according to payment history, etc. I paid every month, on time. On the 6th month, I received a statement saying that my last payment was 2 days late, therefore, my interest was being set at 23.99%. What?

I had mailed in the check 9 days in advance of the due date and told them so. I am totally convinced that they kept my payment until it would be late so they could up my interest. After repeated calls to Bank of America, telling them I know it doesn't take 9 days for a first class letter to go from Michigan to Delaware, they told me to "prove that it arrived on time." I told them to "prove it didn't".

I then informed them that I could not make the higher payment, to which they told me, "Well, you'd better or we will garnish your wages." At that time, I had no wages due to disability and my boyfriend was paying my bills, his bills and supporting our 2 kids. We just didn't have $97.00 a month to spare. After these conversations, which went round and round, I was then given to a lovely man named **. What a jerk.

He threatened, belittled, insulted, and name-called. I was call a 'deadbeat', 'loser', 'burden to society' (WTF! I had been working all my life, starting at the age of 13!) and "People like you are the reason the US is in the state we are in. You think you can just rack up all these bills and not have to pay them. You are going to jail for this, honey." He then proceeded to ask about my disability and I asked him did he have an MD's license.

I repeatedly demanded to speak to his supervisor, to which he replied, "He won't help you. Who do you think trained me?"' Eventually, after a year of harassment from **, I was sent a letter to settle the debt from $4,500 to $1,200. Promptly after I received the letter, ** called and assured me that he didn't make the offer because he wouldn't waste any effort in helping a, "deadbeat like you." I told him I could not come up with that amount in one fell swoop and he asked if I had any friends or family that could loan it to me, and I said no.

He then said, "Oh, I see. They are a bunch of losers like you." This man was an abomination and I want to know if this kind of harassment is even legal. I tried calling the number hoping to get someone else, but as soon as I said my name, I was transferred to him again.

This all started 5 years ago and for the last 2 years, I have not received any letters, collection notices, nothing... until a sheriff arrived at my door with a summon from them. They have not contacted me in 2 years to try and settle this but sure can find my address to serve me. My family has always banked with Bank of America since I can remember. Stupidly, I trusted that they were honest and above consumer fraud, which I fully believe they did. Even if the payment was late, which I know it was not, that still doesn't justify raising the interest to 23.99%.

What a scam. I am totally disgusted with them. The government should demand the bailout money they gave them for failure of proper business practices.

Bank of America and **, you suck! And you people are the reason the country is the way it is today, not me and the other poor suckers you are scamming. If you practiced honest banking, you could save millions on lawsuits, collection agencies and court fees. Duh!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

I purchased this plan in the mid 90's to ensure my family would not have to bear financial problems in the event I became unable to pay existing credit card payments. I faithfully paid all the extremely high charges added to my credit card for this protection. I became disabled in the early 2000's and I filed for a claim. Now I am being sued for interest that the insurance company did not honor.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2012

They first keep mailing you checks every week, saying that 0 interest on balance transfer. I was first very cautious about it considering the whole picture of the bad economy. Finally, I decided to do a $15000 transfer. I called a number to confirm. The guy told me he can do it online, you do not have to go to the bank to deposit the check. I agreed and paid $600 transaction fee. Later, I found they charged me at the rate of 17%. I called them, they insist that I do not have promotion on the transaction. Now I have to pay the money back and close the account, no one would borrow money at the rate of 17% these days. But, Bank of America robbed me about $1000 in two months ( $600 plus two months interest).

Original review: Jan. 11, 2012

Same as people above, had about $150 accumulated over past 1 year, I finally noticed it and contacted them. I asked them to credit me for the entire amount as I never signed up for this. They called and I said yes. Keep your word and stick to it and say no you didn't. I get transferred to a supervisor and she offers $30 credit to let it go. You say no and they demand for the proof that you said yes, as they will say they can prove you that you said yes.

I had no call from them for 2 months. I file a fraud investigation via MBNA. I talked to a supervisor again at Infoprotector and she says they will open the investigation which should have been opened 2 months ago, to find the phone record that I said yes.

I got a call today and was reimpursed for the entire $150. So this is a organized and legal scam they are running and they are well prepared to take such calls. It seems they have a policy to handle such calls as they are very common. Stick to your word and demand proof and they will either have to prove the you are wrong or else give you your money back!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2012

Someone stole my identity and BOA accepted my $6000 deposit but they put it into the "other" person's account instead. Finally got that straightened out, but then the "other" person got a credit card under my name too and I filed all the necessary paperwork with the police, etc. However, though BOA wiped out my debt for the credit card in my name they turned the balance over to a collection agency in my name. Now I am getting demand notices for a credit card I never had. I cannot get this "other" me's balance off my credit bureau!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

I have been a customer of Bank of America credit card for six months. When I signed up, I noted in my mind their condition of no annual fees. I thought that was good. However, this last month, BoA kept sending me mails after mails saying I should use their "checks" to avoid the annual credit card fees. I wasn't too sure what this was all about and didn't have the time to call and check on this. The mails kept coming. I think I must have received like 4-5 letters on this same topic in less than a month. I finally got convinced that BoA credit condition was going to change and I might have to start paying annual fees. So I used their enclosed check to pay for my rent which I normally just have deducted from my checking account.

Today, I find this steep 'check transaction fee' being charged from my credit card. I called their customer service center to find this simple and totally not customer service answer, "Ma'am, we wrote it in those fine prints that there is going to be this transaction fee so we cannot waive the fee for you or even cancel that payment. By the way, we know we sent you all those mails about you having to avoid the annual credit card fees but actually you already signed up under a no-annual-fee condition so you just needed to ignore those mails because they were meant for other groups of customers. Thank you for your business with Bank of America and have a good day."

Right, have a good day? That was very unprofessional of them. I am a busy professional who do not have the time to read all that fine print. If your bank keeps sending you personalized mails after another, what are you supposed to think? Why do Bank of America send mails out to all their customers about the things that do not apply to them? My belief is that you can expect your bank to actually communicate to you versus just sending you junk mails. Apparently, I was wrong. Thank you, Bank of America. Keep doing what you do. You have just lost another customer.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2012

Last year, I ran up both BOA cards for $120,000 for some great investments. I paid them off in full, with no delinquency. BOA immediately dropped personal card credit limit to $3,000. Thanks, guys. So that's how you are. I ran up the remaining card to $70,000. I started paying down again. First $4,000, then the balance in the next month or two. As soon as I made that first payment, BOA closed both accounts, and demanded payment in full. Again, no delinquency, no warning. This kind of decision making boggles my mind, and makes me quite angry.

I still owe $65,000. Maybe I'll go delinquent for the first time, and let them beg for money. I can pay it, but you can't get any attention, unless you ** with their money. Yes, they can ** with my credit score, but at my age I don't really care. I had a minor issue with bounced transaction. I switched over to another account.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2011

I have a credit card account with Bank of America. I used the card for services from an online training company. The training was supposed to be for about 8 weeks, everyday for 1 hour. Along with that, when I registered for the training, the company in the receipt mentioned a satisfaction guarantee, or they will refund the money. After being in the training for 3 weeks, I was still not provided access to the training material. Also, the company that was providing the training disappeared. I tried contacting them numerous times through phone, as well as email, without any response.

I then initiated the dispute. The bank was willing to start the dispute, but during the dispute process, they did not contact me or ask me for my side of proof, which I could provide, and afterwards, they contacted me and said that the dispute is resolved in the vendor's favor. My issue is that in a dispute, both the parties has to present their case or proof, before you resolve the dispute. How can you resolve a dispute, with involving just one side, without contacting the other party for proof, as to why I am disputing the charge. In the meantime during the dispute, I went with another vendor, and received the training. My account was charged by the disputed vendor. I ended up paying twice for a service, which i should have paid for once.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

I have perfect credit history with B of A. I have 9 mortgages, 2 credit cards and a checking account. I have never missed or been late with any payment to B of A. I have never bounced a check or over drafted my account. I called and asked if my interest rate on my credit card could be reduced from the 10.99% I am currently being charged. They told me they would have to run my credit in order to make a decision. After running my credit, they saw that I am behind on several mortgages (none B of A) because I am in the process of loan modification. They retroactively lowered the line on one card by $9,200 and cancelled the other card. I am paying $2,000 off my card every month and am paying over $3,500 in principal payments on my mortgages and they are worried about me being a credit risk, come on. I am also a B of A Stockholder. Now, I know why my stock has lost so much.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2011

I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in January 2003 that included MBNA America. I received the discharge of debtor in June 2003 and I am once again getting a collection letter from Media Recovery Center (whose info is listed above) for this particular debt that was discharged. I am once again mailing off the bankruptcy papers that MBNA received back in 2003.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I am an active online banker with BoA. As a protection to my checking account, I probably use their line of credit 2-3 times a year. I always pay it off immediately when I see a balance on the Account Overview screen. Now, who would think that over several months, a balance is quietly growing, interest charged that does not show itself on the Account Overview screen. Ding! My Excellent rating on my credit report is now down to a good, dinged 100 points due to what started out being 60 cents becoming $9 over time delinquent.

I consider that a complete act of fraud if it shows me I owe them nothing. And get this. The guy I spoke to today said that there is a notice on the site (couldn't find it) that says that figures may not be accurate. So for what? 4 months inaccurate? Give me a break. They said they recognized the problem with the AO screen and said they would fix it. Then they said today sorry, it wasn't their fault. Tough luck lady.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I have been married for one month now. I called BoA to ask for a new card with my new name on it. All that is needed to be done, was print a new card! Unlike other credit card companies who congratulated me, they did no such thing, and if anything, were rude and not helpful. She proceeded to run my credit. I did not give any consent for her to do so. I don't think it is necessary to run my credit again. I pay my bill on time each month, and there are no problems. I even received a credit line increase in the beginning of this year! However, she told me that they were cancelling my account, and wanted to know exactly why I was late on two car payments this year? And because of this, they would no longer keep my account open!

I work, take care of my 2 year old son, go to school finishing my master's degree in education, and am a productive member of society. My husband is an active duty military, defending our country, yet I can't even have a credit card. That is pretty sad. Obviously BoA does not care about its customers, and will just cancel you without any attempt to help you. I will now close my checking/savings account, as well as my son's savings account with them. I hope they go under, and I hope everyone else heeds my warning, and does not do business with them. They do not know what customer service means. They just went ahead and closed my account.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

Calistoga, CA BoA. I went to apply for a secured card. How long will it be before I can use the money? 5-7 business days? Wrong. "Someone" ordered a second card, sent to the house, the bank could not explain why, maybe an employee "pushed the wrong button"? What? I made a payment on 12/8/11 taken from my bank, "applied" to my account, but I was not able to use funds. BoA's reason was a) I had used an "access check". No, I hadn't; b) "Fraud protection" was a third party holding funds and on and on.

I attempted on 12/15/11 to pay the vet $58 bill. Zero balance on my secured account, credit line $300 declined! How embarrassing. I spent hours on the phone, in the branch, and was promised funds would be available following day. They were not. I closed the account. The bank staff wrongly informed me that my credit would not have another "hit", wrong again. The Calistoga branch needs to be trained as to their product and rules.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

I purchased tickets on British Airways US web site with the BOA Credit Card and I got a foreign transaction fee (3%). The Bank of America fraud department declined the transaction at first and called me to confirm that I was making the charge but did not mention that the transaction was being made out of London and that a 3% fee will be charged. I called BOA and requested to add to my account profile to decline transactions processed outside the USA. BOA told me that such option is not available and that there is no way for them to know where the transaction is being processed until the fee is charged since it is done automatically. I believe consumers should have the right to know when a transaction fee is expected and to have the choice to decline such transaction. This is not beneficial for the credit card company since they are probably making a lot of money of unsuspected consumers such as myself. When I requested BOA CC an e-mail address or mailing address to provide my suggestion/feedback, I was told there was none.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2011

I have done business with Bank of America since 1996. I have several accounts with them savings, check, investment, 2 credit cards, etc. My B of A credit card account ** has had an $8,000 limit for quite some time. My credit is good (652), and I have never been late for any payments and I pay double the minimum amount due.

Yesterday, 12-15-2011, I was buying Christmas presents when I was declined. I found out that B of A reduced my credit line down to $200 over my balance, 10 days before Christmas. I called B of A credit department, David **, and was told there was nothing he would do for me... that I was S.O.L! They reduced my credit due high balances seen on some other cards from other companies (it's the freaking holiday!). I was not able to buy Christmas presents and I had to cancel my plans to travel home for Christmas. Thank you Bank of America for stabbing me in the back for Christmas! That's how B of A treats it customers! Like crap!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2011

I am deployed to Afghanistan as a civilian and converted over to BofA's "Green Paperless" method for getting my statements. I check my MasterCard statement to confirm the charges are correct before paying online. Currently and for the last two (2) days, BofA website will not provide my statement and says, "This new service will begin with your next statement. Please check this page again after your next statement closing date." I have been using this online statement service for months now and it is not "new." BofA, through their chat room (Connor), offered to send the statement by mail; however, by the time it arrives, I will most likely be late for my payment. Therefore, a consequence would be to pay for an unauthorized charge without recourse. BofA does not appear ready to resolve this situation except send me to phone answering machines that make it very difficult to talk to a real person.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

I have had a revolving line of credit with Bank of America since 1997 and have paid it faithfully every month, often paying more than the minimum. Out of the blue in Oct. 2011, I got a demand letter stating that the "loan" is maturing by 12/25/11 and I must pay the entire balance of $43,000 or I go into default! I have no such "loan" with B of A and the only docs they show is my application for this line of credit which is unsecured and their statement that they can change the terms anytime they want! I am furious and am not able or willing to come up with the full balance and want assistance. What can I do? I have been in communication with the Bank and they are still demanding this full payment.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information