1.09/5
Based on 101 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

1662 Bank of America Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 9, 2018

I deposited $800 into my checking account by using the ATM (hate going inside because it always means standing in line for an hour to two hours). However the receipt told me I had only deposited $300. $500 missing. It took them almost a month to acknowledge that I did indeed put in $800. Then I receive transfer from a friend for $7000. And they locked the account for "suspicious activity" according to the information online. In person and in well over 100 phone calls it's now two months of refusals to tell why it's locked or when it will be unlocked. One woman online said "we are under no obligation to tell you why it's locked. And I certainly wouldn't tell someone like you". They also say they are under no obligation to ever let me have penny of my money. So no explanation and no return of the money anytime soon or ever.

I needed that money to replace my car. I've had to walk everywhere for over two months now because of this. This is just plain robbery and mistreatment of customers. What law allows them to just confiscate every penny a customer has without giving a reason and just keep it?? I've now gone online and read tons of reviews for Bank of America. 90% of them give BoA the same number of stars I have for a really diverse buffet of harsh, unusual and just plain nasty treatment of customers. I will never be a customer of Bank of America again. It does not matter if they remedy this problem or not they will never get a penny of my business ever again. And every time finances comes up in conversation with other people I will recount this entire affair of banditry.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Lowered my credit by 60% because they said I had too much credit. Few months ago when I got my Bank of America card my credit card was almost 800. They extended me a $6500 credit limit on my Bank of America card. 0% interest until September 2019. So I’ve been using the card with no problems. Tonight when I try to charge my dinner I found out they lowered my limit by $4000 thus taking a card that was about 30% utilized to now almost 100% utilized. So now I basically have to pay off a large amount to bring it under 40 percent utilized or it will dramatically affect my credit score. Contacted them. They said that I had too much credit and they reduced it for me. Offered no recourse. I had not done business with Bank of America since 2000 due to crappy company policies.

This is a perfect example of how Bank of America operates. I will never do business with Bank of America again. Would also recommend nobody else do business with them due to their shady business practices. So two things here. One they lowered my credit which will affect my credit score and two they forced the card to be 100% utilized which will also affect my credit. Thank you Bank of America. I shall never do business with them again. Will also share this with everybody I know. Hopefully they will lose customers over this. Also hope somebody reads this and it helps them avoid this situation.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Before I start, I need to say that I have NEVER been late for a payment. A few months ago I enrolled into paperless banking, I had my account in recurrent payments for more than double the minimum amount for payment, but "The promotion ended" and without notice my minimum payment became a COUPLE of dollars more than what I have schedule, I received the monthly "thank you for your payment" but never received a notice saying that I had to pay a few extra bucks or the payment was insufficient.

My Credit Secure was alerted that my account was reporting "negative information" but I NEVER received ANYTHING from Bank of America. Again, I NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT but the fee I received for a couple of dollars resulted in more money due the next month, that of course, did not meet the next monthly payment. Again, no information via e-mail nor paper was sent my way. I do not use this account often, however, I was checking that payments has been completed as expected, I never received Any alert from the bank. I called customer service and after a very very long wait, the lady told me that my credit will be hurt because that is not an Bank of America error. I have been a responsible customer and the lack of information has now affected my credit. If I did not have American Express Credit Secure watching my back Bank of America could have ruin my credit and NEVER send me a notice... Never Using this Bank AGAIN!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I paid my card off and had a $0 balance and was charged $22.58. When I called and spoke to customer service they didn't resolve the problem. No one at the company will do anything. I've spoke to several people. On Feb 26th I had a $0 balance, and made a purchase that evening, and paid it off on Feb 27th in the morning, it then showed I had a 5 cents credit. The following day on Feb 28th they charged me $22.58 even though I had a credit on my card. No one will do anything. They are full of lies and do not care.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I was super angry about their attitude towards my issue, which has been coped with over 3 months. I decided to give up my $190, and I want to find a place I can write comments. Also I will give up credit card of BOA soon. Thing is I purchased a pair of shoes online, and soon I found there are some comments said they sell fake products. I called the BOA to cancel my payment the day after, and they said they would. Unfortunately, I got the shoes and I tried to contact the merchandiser, they didn't reply me with the return address and no one picked the call as well. I tried all the way to reach the merchandiser, but failed.

And the BOA offered the feedback. I have to go to find the place to prove they are fake. My God, where they can do that? Do I need more money to prove it? And this pair of shoes are quite popular. They are not available on the market. This kind of calls I have been through long time. Some operators are nice. The last one I called with was super super not nice. I gave up the money, and I don't want to think about it anymore, and I have no way to put the comments on the BOA, I found here. I will cancel my BOA credit card and say farewell to it. Really really really not good...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I went to their website to cash in some points. Cashed in enough points for a 100.00 gift card for Amazon. Did this on 1/12/2018. Have yet to see the gift card. Called on 2/05/2018. They had no points transaction of mine on record. So I lost 10,000 points that they cannot find.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a BOA credit card with a high credit line. Needed to use this card to help my daughter pay 3 months of car payments or her car would be repossessed. The next month was notified my credit line would not only be lowered significantly, but, also jacked up my monthly payments. I feel like being punished for using my card, when needed most. As a note, have 2 other cards from Capital One and Discover, and have had no retaliation from them for large charges.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

For over 20 years BOA has taken my money and abused me every chance they could from wrongful charges to inadequate employees. I have taken it all with a grain of salt because I believed they would protect me against fraudulent charges as they have profess. They have a Bahamas Cruise/Vacation Ponzi Scheme that they push on customers while they are trying to activate new cards over the telephone. I have proof and it is shocking. They have not stood beside me during a huge fraudulent scheme that is taking place right now. I was TRIPLE BOOKED and CHARGED by an online travel agency and BOA threw me under the bus regarding this claim. They will not contact me and have completely dropped the ball by siding with a well known nefarious company out of India.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I owned BOA Cash Rewards Card for a few years. Overall, their customer service is not as professional as the other credit card companies such as Discover and Citibank etc., especially when I tried to stop a false charge to my account. They didn't try to protect my right as a customer, instead, they push their responsibilities to the merchant. My worst experiences with BOA Visa Card were the long endless waiting when I tried to talk to the Merchant Response Team of BOA Credit card, and their unprofessional treatments.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

What a miserable excuse of a bank. I had my account with them since 1994. In 2010 they cancelled my VISA, MC and AmExpress cards for "lack of use". I had them reissued, made sure I used each of them at least twice a year, then in 2017 these ** did it to me again! After being with these idiots for 24 YEARS, they totally destroyed my 814 FICO score. It's now 652. Congrats, you idiots. You just lost a customer and I'm making sure to POST WHAT YOU DID ON EVERY SINGLE REVIEW WEBSITE I CAN FIND.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Have had this credit card with BOA for 30 years, always pay the full balance on the invoice. Recently had 3 fake charges on this card, they agreed to credit me on 2, stuck me with the 3rd (and largest). Didn't want to hear anything, just pay up. I think the terms "Customer Service" are a foreign language for them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have been a customer of Merrill Lynch for 30+ years, but since they were bought by Bank of America I have had to deal with repeated incompetence and worse from BofA. Most recently, I requested a final, complete, absolutely total amount on my credit card to pay off the FULL balance. I was assured that x was the number. Three weeks later I received a statement that the next payment would be $652.32. Yes, I understand the residual cycle terms, but I had asked the question and got the answer that my payment will put the balance to zero, with no further charges at all. The call was, I presume, recorded. For all my loyalty, for the fat fees they made off me, they cannot admit an error. Appalling customer treatment. BofA deserves the paltry rating they have on your site or, in my view, worse.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I tried calling Bank of America six times in order to get a refund of just $20 (from a credit on a canceled credit card). Each time I had to wait 5 or more minutes. Then I spoke with a rep for about 5 minutes. Then the rep finally told me that he or she could not help: another department needed to help me instead. I was transferred and had to start the process all over again. After one hour I gave up. Whatever happened to email assistance at Bank of America? (not that it was ever very good either) -- Every time you speak with a different rep you have to give account number, ID number, and answer about half a dozen other questions before they will even let you talk. Bank of America really needs to get their customer service trained properly and make the process easy on the customer. I should only have to call once and be helped. Calling six times and not receiving any help! Come on! Ah, I guess I'll just let them keep the twenty bucks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

So a few nights ago I went to a BoA ATM to deposit some cash into my account, while at the ATM I realized the reposting transaction was taking a little longer than normal. Next thing I noticed the ATM was saying out of service and then it started to reboot. I immediately called the number on the ATM to report an issue, waited on hold with no answer. During this time I was still at the ATM waiting for it to reboot so I could hopefully get my card back out. Sure enough after a 30min wait (actual time) it rebooted and no card. After being on hold for 40 minutes I got a rep. only to lie to me basically. She told me unfortunately I could not get my card back, I would have to go to a branch to request a new one. Well I work 8am to 8pm basically so my chances of that are impossible. I told her that, "Oh well we can mail you a card but that takes 3-5 business days."

Note all my money was in my checking and savings account that I now have ZERO access to! She ended up telling me, "Oh you can go to a virtual teller ATM" and withdraw ALL my available funds. The nearest one was 19 miles away. I drove to it only to be told they needed 2 ID's with I said, "Okay I have my DL and a major credit card." The teller told me it HAD to be a BoA credit or debit card!!! Knowing that my card was just taken by the ATM! She talked to a supervisor and told me okay but they can only give me a certain amount out of my account because I will hit my daily withdraw limit. She insured me I can go back the next day to withdraw more. I was okay with this. Took what I could and waited for the next day. So after work once again I drive 19 miles to this virtual teller ATM and went through this process again.

Only to be told a different story. That since I did not have an ATM card and my major credit card is enough proof with my DL I cannot withdraw ANY MONEY! Even though the night before with a supervisors permission I got money out! She continued to argue with me that she had no idea why they were able to give me money because they cannot through their system. So I wasted my time, my gas. Putting 19 miles on my car one way for no reason. Glad I Zelle'd money to my husbands Chase account and canceled my BoA account for good! I am now happily banking with Chase and never again deal with Bank of America!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of Bank of America for many years. I have five separate accounts that vary from savings to a Preferred rewards Credit Card. Due to a layoff and divorce, last year was financially tough. I had a $5,000 credit limit on my BofA credit card and used it for a short time to live which ran the total up. Having gotten things straightened out, I was able to pay the balance off this month. At which point BofA decided to drop the credit limit to $1,500. REALLY? Being "punished" for paying off a card???

When I called them to question it they said "I wasn't paying enough each month". (I'm not kidding). I asked them to please check their records because I intentionally pay a little more than the minimum every month, and never late. She checked and did agree that the records show I pay more than the minimum. She would not however, reinstate my credit limit.

Bank of America CLEARLY doesn't value my business. I don't know if there has been a change in management or what but I was never treated this way in the beginning. Believe me, they are HAPPY to take my deposits every 15 days. I will be moving all of my accounts and money to a different back that appreciates their customers. I know this is not a drop in the bucket to BofA but at least it makes me feel a little better and I won't feel like just a number any longer.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I set my account up on auto pay to never be late. Ok. That worked great till I paid it off and now they just keep taking the money out every month when I don't have a balance. I have to call to get my money back and it takes 6 to 10 days. The last time it was over 1000 Dollars then they said that I paid it twice in the same day. I'm going to cancel the card once I get my money back and NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The customer service rep refused to waive my late fees saying that they only allow one waivement in one year. My payment is not even due for this year so I've not had any late fees. I called again to talk to another rep who told me that no limit exists so each waiving is up to the rep. So the cs supervisor lied to me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I filed a claim against Target with my Bank of America MasterCard in November 2017. They issued a credit to my account and a letter to confirm that they were investigating. Then in early January 2018, I noticed a deduction (the former Target charge) back on my account but no letter in my BofA message center to explain about the results of their investigation. I had to call them to find out what they found out. They provided me with a tracking number. I knew I could not check this until my conversation with the claims person was over and I said I might have to call back if I was not satisfied. He replied that the window of contesting their decision was over. My reply was "how can you expect me to contest within this window when you never even provided a letter to tell me of the results of your investigation"? He hung up on me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My wife signed up a credit card through Bass Pro Shop. It was a BOA credit card. We recieved the Bass Pro membership card but never got the credit card or anything from BOA. We contacted BOA customer service to get the account information. After several minutes of trying to explain that we never received anything from BOA we were told that unless we had the account number they could not talk to us. We told them that we had a balance and wanted to pay in full and close this account. Again unless we had the account number they were unable to help us. I have never had any dealings with BOA in the past and once we ever get this handled we never will again. I only charged $11.00 on this account which by the way was done without an account number. I expect this to cost a lot more to ever get cleared so they don’t ruin our credit. CROOKS and CON ARTIST! Are running this business.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Wanted to transfer a balance from a credit card that I charged expensive car repairs on to a lower interest credit card and thought I would go with the BOA Americard due to the lower interest and 15 mo 0% interest on balance transfers that they advertise. Well, what a joke! I have a pretty good FICO score of 750, solid income, only 1 credit card with a balance and 4 others that I pay off every month, 2 homes and 2 cars that I own outright, so what does BOA want??? They denied my app and offered me a secured CC at 26% interest. What a ** joke!!! I will never deal with this bank!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Found a nice offer to transfer a balance and save on interest. They only accepted part of the transfer total and now I am not consolidated to one card which was the point. I have a small amount of debt and strong credit so. The options were not great and at best they said they would have to do another hard inquiry to apply for a higher limit. First and last time I will bother with BofA. USAA is far better!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have been disputing an unauthorized charge by Nationwide INS, since July of 2017. I put a block on my account which was to avoid Nationwide from ever being able to take one more unauthorized penny. Well, the first guy did his job, but the second guy that had to finalize the block did NOT. Which led to Nationwide taking out MORE unauthorized money. I gave BOA all of the proof they needed to show that I canceled and that there is a HUGE LAWSUIT between Nationwide and I, and they STILL say because the time ran out for THEM to get their money back from Nationwide, I AM LEFT HOLDING THE BAG OF POOP THEY MADE!

I was told during the last 4 months of this nightmare, that BOA was going to protect me as the consumer and their client of 15+ years and ensure that I got all my money back due to it being their error in not putting the block on. However now they say, “Oh yeah too bad. We will not do anything. Go fight with Nationwide!” Well, WHERE IS MY 100% FRAUD PROTECTION? WHERE IS MY CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE? Why are their agents allowed to screw up and tell lies and they don't have to honor what was said by them and even noted?

This is the first of numerous complaints that I will be filing. I will also share this situation with all of the banking protection centers. I will be filing with the FTC, the FCC, the AG of every state that I have spoken to an agent in. Which I have all of the info from them. I will be filing with my bank here in SC. I will be sending this info to the CFPB. I am even going to tweet this to our Pres. who is NOT a fan of BANKING BULLIES! Just ask Wells Fargo. I am not going to accept that they are allowed to do this to me and all of their other victims that they have abused their power position to do this too! Christopher in Tampa, who is supposedly a manager of that claims center, well Chris, you have been rude to the wrong girl, and BOA you have wronged the wrong client! They also said they don't care if we take all 4 of our accounts to other banks! That is how much BOA cares about their clients.

The best part is that my case with Nationwide, is almost over and the amount of my award is between, 15,000,000 and 135,000,000 all of which BOA will never see a dime of! They are not allowed to refuse a client a rightful dispute! Just because they messed up and did not process the block on their end does not allow them to take it out on me! Nope!! I encourage all of us, with these kinds of issues to use our voices and let it be heard! There is much more power in numbers against these abusers of power, and billion and trillion dollar bullies! We have rights just as if we had their kind of money!

My kids should suffer and not be able to get a Christmas gift because BOA wants to hold up hundreds of dollars of my money?? No, Nationwide is not going to team up with BOA and get away with it. I will add BOA to the case if I need to! Nationwide, killed my 50-year-old sister, and is trying to get away with it, and now BOA is teaming up with them, and protecting them!! Not with this person!! Nope, I will do all I can to ensure the world knows they support murders and not their clients of 15+ years. NOR DO THEY FOLLOW THE RULES OF THEIR WRITTEN GUARANTEE TO PROTECT THEIR CONSUMERS FIRST! So BOA, get ready because this is the first of tons of complaints you will answer for! Very angry BOA client, about to be a past BOA client!

Oh and on 11-09-17 my messages say that they are unable to pay my claim, yet on 11-14-2017 one of their agents assured me that my full claim was going to be paid and refunded back to my account within the next 24-48 hours. Then when they did not, I spoke to another agent who assured me in my BOA here in SC that the full amount would be put back in 24-48 hours and that was on Dec, 13, 2017. Well again now Dec 26, 2017 they say that they never planned on that and I am a liar. Yet is it all in the notes! They are allowing their agents to say and do whatever they want and not be held accountable, but their clients are held helpless due to their lies and deceit! THANKS BOA FOR BEING SUCH A HORRIBLE COMPANY AND PROTECTING MURDERS LIKE NATIONWIDE!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Honestly if I could give it 0 stars I would but I had to give one. Originally if I knew how pathetic BOA was I would have never applied for it. Now I'm telling all my family and friends who is considering to AVOID! I just opened my acct and w/in 3 months they closed my acct w/out contacting me firsthand to discuss it. NEVER am I ever late on any of my cc payments nor with any of my other cc companies. Called them and they had the nerve to say because I had balances on my other acct and it was a risk to their company. Really? If I have accounts with Amex, Disc, Citi, Chase and Cap One and none of them have ever closed my account or threatened to instead increasing my CL why would a company that filed for bankruptcy do it? If I was a risk I wouldn't be approved for a mortgage loan either.

The customer service is terrible and come up with poor excuses because they do not have a real legitimate explanation for what they have done. There's always a long wait to speak to someone or you have to schedule an appointment. Seriously? Lol. This company is a joke. I'm paying it off. Glad it's 0% interest and I'll RUN not walk far away from this company. If anyone is looking at applying for a credit card or banking with them DONT. I repeat DONT. You'll regret it. They have all these stipulation at their bank because they tried to have me changed my direct deposit from my current bank to theirs. There are plenty of better cc out there with great intro interest rates and rewards if that's what you're looking for. STAY AWAY FROM BOA!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I filed a claim on my Bank of America credit card in November 2017. My card was stolen and I report my card in right away. There was 5 charges on my account that was not made by me. They never put on my fraud claim on the charges that my card was stolen. My claim was not approve because they said my card was present when the charge took place but the card was reported stolen. The rep that did my claim filed it wrong. I have complain to Bank of America. They claim the reason opened my claim on Dec 7th and correct the problem but meanwhile they're expecting me to pay for charges I didn't make and take no responsibility for my claim be filed wrong.

Have called and talk to like 5 reps regarding this and they seem to have no clue what to do. This is very poor service and they don't stick with their zero fraud liability thing or correct their mistakes. Still waiting on seeing if problem is going to be corrected but will not do any more business with this bank in the future. Over 792 in fraudulent charges I am paying back at this point for their mess up. Don't deal with this bank. They are crooks and don't know what they're doing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Have had a high credit limit and the payments were on auto pay. Received a letter stating that they have lowered my credit limit due to the fact that I have late payments with either them or other related credit cards. Since all my monthly payments are set up on auto pay I knew this was wrong. I was told to view my credit report which I did and there are no late payments anywhere. My last payment to them was taken out in November and the next isn't due until December but they have that marked as being late. Challenged it thru the credit agency and will be paying off this card and dropping them at once.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

If you are considering a Bank of America credit card STOP right now. You may have a disaster waiting to happen. My name is Carmen **. On September 19, 2017 my beautiful island of Puerto Rico was hit by the catastrophic Hurricane Maria. Our whole island was torn to pieces, houses destroyed, all electrical poles on the ground, no water sources, no jobs, food at a minimum, etc. During this devastating time all banks gave Hurricane Maria victims payment relief for the first 3 months after our hardship, but that was not the choice of BOA instead, they added late fees, made daily collection calls, harassed me and had no compassion for those who had lost everything in Puerto Rico. The name America is too big for them. They ruined my credit score from 8+ to 711. Hurricane Maria put a knife in my heart but Bank of America put the knife in my back. You can't even begin to imagine the suffering they put me thru.

It was bad enough that I was out of a job and couldn't pay my bills on or ahead of time like I was used to. They didn't even take that into consideration. BOA will not be there when you need them most. You may be submitted to more suffering after something in which you are not in control of happens. This will not last forever and as soon as I get passed this I will be cancelling all BOA cards. I do not wish anything bad for BOA but, you never know, today it's me, tomorrow it may be them and I just hope they get the same treatment they gave my people of Puerto Rico and myself who are Americans - US Citizens. DO NOT RUIN YOUR FUTURE WITH A BAD CREDIT CARD CHOICE. All other businesses made a difficult situation more manageable EXCEPT BANK OF AMERICA.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was in Europe for my brother Funeral, made the reservation and when I got there they were closed so I had to take a taxi to a different city at 2:30 am. When I come back the next time to pick up the car, they run my credit card without going over any term and conditions then try to sell me a optional car Insurance which was about 11-14$ a day. I declined then they ask me for 5.000.00$. When I heard about the number I figured it was a scam immediately, no one ask or give to a stranger that kind of money.

I told them that 5.000.00$ it's not a reasonable amount to rent a little 20 yrs old car. The person who run my card said that I either give them 5.000.00$ or I don't get a car. I immediately call my credit car fraud department and reported right then because they were refusing service without that 5k$. I was in a different city left in the middle of nowhere and getting ripped off. I immediately called local police and they came over and also made a statement. I was on the phone using international minutes which were limited so I decide to deal with the issue when I come back to U.S.A. So coming back here I open the claim how I was refused service and got my card charged for nothing.

After several weeks I got a notification on the mail from. Bank of America that it can not be disputed because they don't refund money on cancellations. I try explain to them that I was not willing to cancel any contract, I need it the car to get around but this people refuse service and charge my card without even bringing any car to the lot at all. It wasn't any cancellation from my side and Bank of America claim department do not wanna help or deal with this issue, they try to put a 410$ on my balance to pay to the people who ripped me off , they don't even wanna hear it that this economy rent a car in Romania scamming people and there is complaints all over internet about it, Bank of America is not on customer side and don't wanna acknowledge and take in consideration anything I said.

I thought it was a good company that stands by their customers and I was wrong, what a shame, we do live in a civilized country, they should take this things a lot more serious. Bank OF AMERICA, I DONT TRUST EVER AGAIN!!! Very important also, the contract I signed those not refer to any 5.000.00$ agreement at all, please read it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was scammed by Songbird and immediately canceled my order notifying B of A Mastercard immediately with my cancellation number. I was billed $55. Mastercard honored the scammer and billed me three days later, refused to give me my credit. I refuse to pay and cannot cancel my card because no email is available. My balance is now up to $85. I will die before I pay this charge. B of A ENABLES scammers and does not serve its customers. Shame on B of A.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Very Dissatisfied because BOA did not give me the benefit of cleaning up fraudulently charges on my credit card. I only received 2 trial size products and paid. However they kept billing me for nothing. It is hundreds of dollars now and I was told it will keep increasing. I DON'T want BOA credit card and closed. BOA HAS used my funds without helping me. I have spoken to BOA on the phone and even asked them to stop billing me. What is the best solution? The fake company laughs at me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I tried to dispute a transaction for $592 from a restaurant that I dined at in Italy. Twice Bank of America sided with the restaurant because they provided a signed receipt. I had told the bank that I had never seen that receipt before much less signed it so it must be a forgery and thus a fraudulent charge. I even said that the restaurant has been accused before of this same thing according to their Facebook reviews. I also asked the bank to compare the signatures and to compare it to my purchase history.

I was told they do not compare signatures and they can't compare it to my purchase history because that would not prove that I wouldn't have spent that much. Basically they told me they could not pursue it as fraud because my card was not stolen and because I was at that restaurant at that time. It doesn't matter to them how shady that whole transaction looks and doesn't matter what I tell them to try and back up my case. They just keep telling me that it does not prove that I did not order that much food or that I did not sign that receipt. This bank is terrible and will not help their customers at all. Do NOT bank with them!

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information