Find the Best Card

Learn More
Bank of America Credit Cards
1.04/5

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Find the Best Card

Save and Earn Rewards - Compare Cards Side by Side

Learn More

1706 Bank of America Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We have Mutiple accounts with Bank of America and we experienced very Bad services from them. Very rude and fraud people. I have called last week an agent to schedule payment to one my credit for which amount is $416 and agent scheduled it 3 times through: one, through my savings account, 2. through my checking accounts and they are lying that I scheduled with checks. I do not even have checkbook.

They took 3 payments of $416 and same problem happened with 2 other cards also. I asked them to take one payment of $177 from other card. From that also they took 2 times $177 and again for one more card $182 2 times. They took all these payments last week from my account and I ended up with negative balances and I have been calling them from 10 days and still no refunds or no one is answering me anything, just transferring from one agent to other agent. They are clearly cheating. Please I hope someone can report about this to government and help people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was notified via text message by Bank of America about two transactions that occurred on August 23rd, 2018 at Bellevue Square mall. These transactions occurred while I was having dinner in Kirkland, Washington. The first transaction at Tiffany’s in the amount of $1,650 was approved by BOA and the second transaction at Tumi for $434.50 was declined. I immediately responded via text message that these transactions were absolutely not mine and my account had somehow been compromised.

I then called and spoke to a representative that same night who assured me I had nothing to worry about – that my account would be closed, a new card issued to me, and that the charge at Tiffany’s would be properly reversed as I had credit card fraud protection. Not once did this representative recommend that I file a police report or visit the merchant where the fraud occurred to discuss the fraudulent transaction. I called BOA again a couple days later to confirm the charge would be reversed and the representative assured me I had nothing to worry about and that the charge would be reversed. Again, no recommendation was made to file a police report or follow up with the merchant.

On September 19th, 2018, I received a letter stating my fraud dispute had been denied with absolutely no explanation provided in the letter. Not once did a representative from BOA contact me or leave a message about the fraudulent transaction that I disputed. I called BOA to find out why the fraud dispute was denied and the representative said the comments were completely bogus – that a representative supposedly tried to contact me, but they couldn’t reach me and the transaction appeared to fit my spending patterns. I was also told the fraud dispute would be reopened, but that the charge couldn’t be reversed until I provided further documentation such as a police report. The representative also told me “I needed to do my part to assist BOA”.

I called the store director at Tiffany’s in Bellevue Square on September 20th to discuss the situation and notify him of the fraud that occurred. He assured me that BOA had NOT contacted him about this transaction at all. He is currently investigating the transaction on my behalf and I have asked him to review any security video footage that will easily prove that I was not present when this transaction occurred.

I am completely shocked and appalled by the treatment by BOA during this process. I find it ironic that the BOA fraud department perpetrated fraud against me by not actually doing any investigation whatsoever and denying my fraud claim. I have a credit score over 800, my household income is over $500,000, I have no history of making fraud disputes on a regular basis, and I am a Certified Public Accountant who is held to a higher standard to maintain my professional license. There is absolutely no reason to believe that I am somehow lying about this fraudulent transaction and that BOA has essentially accused me of attempting to commit felony larceny.

On 9/20, I told the representative to close my credit card accounts immediately and that BOA has lost me as a customer forever. I also filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Board and will notify Visa and Alaska Airlines (card branded) about my treatment. Please know that BOA does not actually provide the credit card fraud protection they claim to offer. Stay AWAY from BOA!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

They find a way to keep charging interest even when you pay your account balance to zero! They charge an outrageous amount of interest on an unpaid balance, and go up on the interest rate even if you don't make payments late. They are unscrupulous and greedy beyond belief! I never opened an account with Bank of America. I had that credit card through another bank originally, and it got bought out by Bank of America. Do yourself a giant favor! Close out any business you have with Bank of America and get them out of your life and your wallet!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

What a scam!!! Been with BOA for over 15 years. Has 3 credit cards with them. NO Annual fee when I first got them. Always pay on time never late. I had auto pay so I don’t normally look at the bill and then just found out that I’ve been charged annual fee $59 each card. Called and asked for refund back, representative refused to do so. What are they thinking to start charging the loyal customers. The marketing trying chase us away especially that you can’t refund the annual fee back as courtesy. I have to call back until next Annual fee charge to review if I’ll be charge in the future or not??? I don’t think I’ll stay until next year for you to charge me. Will close all cards and be with other bank that cherish the banking relationship with customers not a money taker!! Very disappointed!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

B of A lost my cc payment in their cyber system and killed my credit scores 200 points. I made the payment 7/20/18. B of A claims first on 9/5/18 it didn't go thru because I have NSF, my bank will write a letter stating I had sufficient funds. 9/7/18 B of A claims I had entered the account number wrong in the automated pay on the phone. The money then leaves my account 8/13/18 to B of A, per my bank statements. I am told to call back on 9/10/18 and speak with Evelyn ** who informs me my request was denied.

When I run through all the dates it seems the amount in dispute was not paid until 9/5/18??? When I ask where money was for 23 days, Evelyn has no response. When I ask how was it paid on 9/5/18 she says it was reconciled by hand after I had called in on 9/5/18. I had also made my August payment, when asked if she saw that she did not. What is going on here somebody covering for a representative? This could be bigger than I first imagined. So now I have to wait to speak with Sean **, Evelyn's supervisor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

On Labor Day my wife and I went shopping. She then tried to purchase her merchandise using her B of A rewards card and the card was declined. So she completed her purchase using another card. When we got home I got online and tried logging in to the Bank of America website only to find out that my username and password had been removed. It turns out that they had cancelled our cards and did not notify us that this was happening. Their offices were closed on Monday so I called Tuesday and the fellow that I spoke to could have cared less.

He made some excuse that they had two different addresses for us and that was why they cancelled our cards. So to him it did not matter that we had been cardholders since 1980 and always paid our bills on time and frankly it did not seem to matter what I said. He seemed to be a very bored person doing a job that he did not like whose only pleasure was trying to make people as miserable as he must be. Surprise, surprise I have other credit cards and will be happy to use them instead of the B of A card. I suspect that they are trying to get rid of cardholders who do not carry a balance but pay off their bills in full every month.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Filed a claim for a $35 charge for a parking fee from Hilton Hotel San Diego that I already paid for at the hotel. Received awful service from BOA AAA Financial. They kept forgetting about my claim and losing information about it. I spoke to a different rep every time I called in, so naturally I had to repeat the scenario every time. I have a great credit score and always paid my bills on time with BOA. But, that made no difference to them and they sided with the hotel immediately, I felt. I finally got in touch with the Hilton Hotel and they reimbursed my $35. I thanked them for finally getting back to me after 2 weeks and thanked BOA for nothing. I had to handle this claim on my own.

BOA did absolutely nothing beside give me a hard time. Then, when I called BOA to tell them that I was reimbursed by the Hilton and that they can close my claim with the Hilton, their response was, "Okay, we'll cancel your Credit Card". My response was, "No! First you're no help to me, now you want to ruin my credit. Please, do not cancel my credit card." If you are using BOA for credit services do not use them at all. Just lock your card away like I did. These guys are the worst. They don't care about you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have been a client with Bank of America World Mastercard for 11 years. After 11 years of on time payments with no late fees I called today to see if I could have a one time courtesy waiver on a late fee on a payment I made one day after the due date. I had accidentally mixed it up with another card payment date. When I called I owned that I had made the mistake. Trevon with customer service told me that they assess the situation and if it is not a tragedy or bank error they will not consider a waiver. So they can do a waiver, they just need to decide first how tragic your situation is. This seems discriminatory to me that one individual gets to decide if the story I tell them is worthy of forgiveness on a one day late payment. I guess telling the truth gets you nowhere with these folks. So they will be losing an 11 year customer that has two cards with them over one silly late fee that they could have waived if they felt I was tragic enough.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I attempted to complete a credit card application online with a mobile device. I kept getting error messages and though I thought I was correcting these errors I still could not submit my application. I was, however, allowed to save the file. I made a 2nd attempt at this process the following day and I kept getting the same answer. The system offered a chat, but unlike other chat services the person at B of A had no clue what I was attempting. My suspicions are that B of A wants you to setup an online account and further to open a checking or savings account, but the website never indicated such. ** CONFUSED.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The merchant response team at Bank of America is rude, unorganized, and lazy. They did no due diligence to look into my claim and the information I submitted. They denied the claim with the general letter saying Bank of America exhausted all options to obtain the money from the merchant. Which is complete BS because it was obvious they never reviewed the proof I sent to them, did any research or looked into it, and said they have no control over the merchant's refund process and terms and conditions. What's the point of a disputes department if they always side with the merchant and don't take the appropriate steps to protect their consumers? I'm done with this bank. Moving to one that cares about their customers and protecting them from fraud.

Regardless of all of the proof I sent, they still claim the charge was valid and not fraudulent. I've tried several departments and they pretend to care and that they'll try to help and then come back with the same generic response. Also, no communication between departments. No one takes the time to log my information in my file so I don't have to repeat it several times when I call. Also, they contradict each other. One department says one thing and the other says another. They said there's a limited time they could dispute the charge with the merchant. They never informed me of this deadline and I spent a lot of effort, time and money to get my evidence together for them. Delta was much more understanding and helpful of this situation. Bank of America could care less about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have a BOA credit card that I have had for years. I set up automatic withdrawals every week to cover my monthly minimum so I don’t forget or be late with the payments. Since Nov of 2017, BOA has continued to withdraw money weekly covering my payments. In Dec of 2017, my last electronic withdrawal was after the payment due date. They charged me a late fee. It continued from there. In April I received a notice via email indicating that my card was past due. I get my statements electronically so I don’t really check as long as my monthly withdrawals are coming out weekly through my bank. I spoke with a rep of BOA and she advised me of what was happening. I paid the last balance of the late charges... this late payment charge continued through August 9, 2018. I spoke with BOA on August 7th indicating I was unsatisfied with their credit card services and requested my account be closed and advised them I would pay it off.

I paid the full balance on August 8th. On August 9th they reported me to the credit bureaus as being 30 days late. I am furious as they made no attempt after April to contact me again and advise me I was late. Looking at the statements, I realized I was late because they continued to charge me a late fee when the last electronic payment was after the due date. Otherwise I was never late because of the electronic withdrawals. No phone call to advise me. No additional email. I paid off the card August 8 which should have showed up on their system yet they still reported me 30 days late. I believe the company is scamming customers who have electronic withdrawals weekly and I would like to speak with an attorney.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Wait times on phone call UNFORGIVABLE!!! Card showing as invalid and unusable today, options on call center do not address the exact issue, likely a security breach of some sort, but no way to solve the problem and no way to know why unless you visit the ".com" website, which may or may not give me an answer...presume that the 1.5 hour wait time is to encourage FEWER calls, very upset, dinner tonight will be something cold as I have wasted my time on-hold. When did this become "good customer service"???

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Their service has gone to hell. It can take over an hour to get a customer service rep. We were hit by a scam. They knew about this scam yet allowed our account to be bled, without contacting us. Even worse, they led us to believe they would act on our behalf, and had us contact the scam operator over and over to get them information. Finally, they told us they would not act. They could have told us this initially, instead of wasting our time. This company does not care about you or your business.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been a AAA Bank of America Card holder for several years (at least 10). I had a balance of around $12.00 that I did not know about and they did not inform me of this balance until after 60 days. Upon inquiring about the balance and why they waited 60 days to say anything about it, I agreed to pay the $17.00 that was the total after interest. I found out today that they closed the account on the 18th of July, and my credit monitoring company told me about this. I called and inquired, and the customer service was deplorable. It seems that Bank of America closed the account and did not have the ethics to inform me. I will never do business with them again and will close any other accounts that I may have with them. I will be writing to them a formal complaint, but I suspect it will do me no justice. If you use Bank of America credit cards, I advise you to fire them immediately.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We paid our bills through Bank of America's bill pay. When checks were "lost" with first bankcard they did little to locate the items but were quick to give us three late notices on our credit report. When it was discovered we were not at fault at all, they still don't seem to want to remove the three notifications!

Original review: July 18, 2018

My wife and I have been BOA credit card holders through the NEA since 1986. Always paid our bill. In May I received a bunch of financial information forms that they wanted completed. I ignored them figuring I am always up to date with our payments and since I was always up to date my finances was none of their business. Fast forward one month. I had just received my bill for $400 and some odd dollars. I sent my check to them like usual. Three days later I tried to use my card at Tractor Supply and it was denied.

Figuring it was just a glitch I paid with cash and was on my way. Two days after that, I called Big Dee's, a horse supply company who has my card on file. After I placed my order, I was told my card was denied. I sent them a check and they sent my order. I called BOA and asked what was going on. I was told I was denied because I did not submit the financial information requested. I asked since I always paid my bill it was really none of their business. I was then forwarded to a number of BOA hacks, each time I told them my story. Suddenly there was dead air. I'm thinking of getting a lawyer. Anyone else have this experience???

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have accounts with them for almost 10 years, I hated it their customer service! Worst one ever. I don’t know what’s their problems, I’m not recommending their services and banking to anybody, I stopped using their credit cards already! The only reason I can’t close my accounts with them, it could drop my credit score, so I will not close my credit cards, but I’m not definitely using them so they can’t make money from on us! I will keep my 2 credit cards with just ZERO balances, without using them.

I just had conversation with a supervisor from California called Steve ** (not sure about his last name). Steve and his rep. didn’t even try to understand my rare situation, which was not common at all, basically didn’t want to help me! I missed my two credit cards due dates with a 30 minutes or 1 hour due to the time difference during our long vacation. Once I realized the time difference, I sent two payments right away for my credit card accounts, but nothing happened though!

I'm a customer for 10 years and I did maybe 4 or 5 late payments during that time period, it could be even less than that Bank Of America! Listen to your dear customers dear Bank of America, you have been losing a lot of people because of these similar acts and situations, let me repeat. I will not recommend your bank and services to anybody, so you lose money and value! I already filled out 3-4 negative similar reviews and that will continue for sure!

FOLKS, do your research before to apply any of their services, look at people's reviews please so that they are going to lose business and then maybe they will start treating people better! AGAIN FOLKS stay away from Bank of America and DO NOT USE their all services, do not get loans, credit cards, bank accounts, retirement accounts with them! They are horrible at customer service, they only care about the money they make on you, they do not give a single respect to their customers!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have had an account with Bank of America since 2005, recently we made an error and forgot to send the payment. After 13 yrs of perfect payment history without notice this bank closed the account. I understand that we missed a payment. However as soon as we found our error the account was brought current. One would think that if a business had a customer with an exultant payment track record they would contact that customer via telephone o and or email to inquire as to the reason for the 1 missed payment.

Not only did Bank of America NOT contact me once we corrected the error they treated me as a deadbeat. I made numerous calls to customer service trying to clear up this matter but was to that due to my 1 missed payment there was nothing they could assist me with. REALLY? 15 yrs of perfect payment no contact from them and there is nothing they can do... As a business owner I know that mistakes happen, if I treated my customers this way I would be out of business in less than 6 months. Thank goodness this account will be paid off shortly and they will be out of my hair... Thanks Bank of America for the humiliation your customer service reps bestowed upon me, this must be some special customer service training you provide your associates!

Original review: July 6, 2018

My account was closed after a representative call me on my bill due date at work and I told her I would pay it when I got home; which I did. Two days later I received a letter stating my account was closed for the following reasons: My credit score was too low (It was 733 at the time); Current trends in the market dictated my closure; and a few other trivial reasons. So I paid my balance. My next statement showed another interest charge on a balance of $0.90. How is that possible? The customer service agent started the conversation by saying she was going to go back a year worth of my statements. This company is devious. Counts on people not having the time or money to fight them.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have had a Bank of America credit card for 18 years, have never missed a payment, and have a credit limit of $31,200. On May 11th my wife went to Ottawa, Canada. I filled in all details of her trip (dates and times, airlines flown, layovers on flight, hotel name - everything). When she tried to pay for a service fee with Air Canada, the transaction was declined. For $129 dollars. I intervened and used another Bank of America card (my corporate travel card) and it went through. When I contacted BofA, they could provide no reason why the transaction was declined, why the details in the Travel Advice made no difference, or why another BofA card worked and our didn't. The 2nd phrase out of the Customer Service rep's mouth was "I'm sorry for the declined transaction, fraud is a really big problem but I can't tell you why the transaction was declined".

Today, tried to book tickets to go to a water park 50 miles from my house, for $485 bucks. Transaction was declined. This time, home phone rings, and they want to confirm my identity. Asked for (and I'm not making this up) the CVV code on the card, my user id for logging in to my BofA account, my PASSPORT number (are you kidding me!!), and answered a series of questions on what my college sports mascot was, what type of vehicle I might have leased or owned, and what companies I might have worked for or been "associated" with.

Again, the Customer Service representative could provide no information on why the transaction was declined other than to say "We experience a lot of fraud, so have to be careful." And, my favourite, "I'm just the customer service representative, I'm not responsible for making the policies". So, I'm cancelling my account. I have no troubles with any of my other cards - Chase, Wells Fargo etc. with any transactions. B of A is clueless about how to keep longtime customers. Have fun y'all.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Had a fraud case, has extra fees on credit card, had a broken card... And I waited on hold more than 45 minutes for each of these issues. I sat down at a gas station waiting for the fraud department to pick up for over an hour so that I could get gas for my car and get home. Cause guess what, they had canceled my card early that morning. Zero anticipation of how financial services might be urgent necessities for customers. They didn't even respond to my complaint email that I sent 3 business days ago.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Bank of America left me homeless!!! Then the Bank of America manager told me she would keep an eye on my account and when I emailing her for help she did nothing!!! Sorry she did something...LIED TO MY FACE WHEN SHE SAW ME COMING TO THE BANK SAYING OF, “I WAS GOING TO CALL YOU.” But this was after waiting 72 hrs. We closed out my credit card 6/12 and then it magically appear again today on my online. I was told it was an error as the account has a credit on it as such it could not be closed out. They just processed by credit and closed out card today. And now I have to wait 7-10 business days for my money. When I opened the account it took less than 1 hour for them to take my money.

Also I called customer service about depositing 2 money order, after clearing the money order 3 weeks later they bounce the money order. When I asked if they saw notes on my account over the phone the rep said yes. Of course now they can find notes and I am 100% at fault. To add insult to injury less than 30 days account they allow a hotel to take fees out 3x's in one day, and I have to wait for them to look into it. When I asked why this duplicate wasn't caught they again said, “I don’t know.” THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THEY ARE THIEVES!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been a customer of BOA for over 15 yrs. I have a mortgage with BOA as well as a credit card. In all my 15 yrs of being a BOA customer, I've never made a late payment. I missed my 1st payment by 3 days and when I realized it, I paid it immediately. I then phone BOA customer service and requested a 1 time courtesy adjustment of the late payment penalty. According to the supervisor Twana @ BOA because BOA wasn't the one who made the error with the payment, they would NOT waive the penalty. This the most horrible excuse I've ever heard from any banking company.

I understand me forgetting to pay my bill. It was my error. However yrs. of paying on time and above the minimum means absolutely nothing with BOA. Had I know this was how longstanding customers get treated I would have never applied for any services with BOA. This is a huge eye opener for me. Moving forward I will be seeking a new mortgage company as well as a new credit card lender. This is a matter of principle, courtesy and respect which BOA knows nothing about. I highly recommend to anyone thinking of becoming a BOA customer don't do it, steer clear of the headache and misery they will bring to your life and credit history.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Three months ago, I signed up for investment service. On the website where I signed up, it had a CLEAR refund policy. It was on their site and I copied it. I tried to cancel and get my money back, pursuant to the refund policy and the company said NO. I went through the credit card fraud services, and called them at least three times and sent them copies of website return policy. Very, very clear that I was due a refund. The Bank of America team, did not read my response, did not ask for clarification and ultimately said they couldn't read my copies and then said it was too late to do anything. I am extremely disappointed. This was simple and I would rate the fraud dept review process as a failure. I hoped they would advocate for me as their client. They actually seemed to work for the fraudulent merchant. Very dissatisfied and would encourage others to go to another card company.

Original review: June 13, 2018

In 1990 I was in college and our national sorority did a fundraiser if we signed up with Bank of America (BoA). I was 17/18 years old and my mother had to co-sign to open. In 2010, I faxed my mother's death certificate to BoA to remove her from my account. 28 years, a customer of BoA. I have always paid the balance IN FULL every time (with a few paid in full late - paid with late fee). This past year, I noticed my father's name starts to appear as a second name on my bill and he, alone, starts to receive mail from BOA. Then he starts getting calls to my cell phone. I would state that they had the wrong number... because they HAD the Wrong Number.

After the fifth call, I said this is not his number but he is my father, what did they need? "We need to verify his information for the credit card account." I replied that he had nothing to do with my account - unless he unknowingly was added when my mother passed. He needed to be removed. We discussed a while but it just didn't feel right or make sense to me. Worried this was a scam, I called BoA to share concern. As far as I'm concerned, no company or person should be asking for his SS# related to MY credit card account. I was told this was a new policy and because he was on the account the only way to remove a co-person was for him to be on the phone with me to verify his info and answer questions - giving permission to remove him. I shared he was hard of hearing, then called him on speaker from another phone so all could hear.

After the BoA rep sped through their script and I repeatedly had to repeat for my dad, my dad could not understand. It was so frustrating for my dad and self that after 15 minutes we told them to mail whatever paperwork was needed to remove him from the account. Received paperwork to MY home address. To remove him, he needed to provide a W9, SS#, verify an address and sign/date form. He lost paperwork while in the process of closing on his home and then went to Florida for two weeks.

Card gets declined last week - a $20 dinner so next day, I called to inquire. It was on hold and the person said that dad needed to answer specific questions and if we called back together, we could lift the hold on account and get him removed. The rep gave me a specific number to call back with my dad and bypass the general number, then he extended the card until today, June 13. Last night, June 12, we called # with father. The "qualifying questions" included his address and phone number. Mind you, he has lived in the same house for 46 years until this past year. Never MY HOME that I've owned since 1999.

When he gave the only two addresses that HE has lived in KY, they said that was not what they had in the system. I then thought that maybe the address I lived in when the card was opened which was a house my parents owned in early 90s as a rental may be in the system and The rep said those addresses were not correct. Eventually, I realized that they were asking him for MY home address and MY cell phone as if it was his information...??? I repeatedly shared that this did not make any sense.

I was told by two different people at different times that my options were to physically go into a Bank of America where he could show his License to the person and they could remove. WE DO NOT have BoA in our state. Several people we spoke to read the "script" repeating that I needed to go into a service center to which I again said we do not have one. I have owned my home since 1999 - in FULL for the last 10 years or so and I paid in FULL for my car. I have good credit, a $19,000 credit limit on this card, job, portfolio of investments... What is going on?

Again, my dad has NEVER submitted his information to BoA. To keep account extended and open until paperwork was received and processed, they said the only way to keep it open was for him to submit a W9 to prove he was him since he couldn't go into a service center. Gave me fax number to send W9 and suggested I call 24-48 hours later to ensure they received. If (IF) their system could verify he was who he said he was, then we may be able to not block card until the paperwork could be received and mailed back. Why in the world does BoA need his SS# and want to know his income - retirement, investments, social security? We are trying to remove HIM. He has never made a payment to that CC nor has he ever used it!

All I can think of is that I am not making BoA money because I pay off the card every statement so this must be an attempt to make it so difficult to cause me to close my account. That is what I plan to do. Close the account once I pay the remaining balance. I am not unnecessarily sharing my father's SS#. A policy is a policy and I get that but there must be room for common sense! The square peg does not fit in the round hole and never will. I cannot keep hammering.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am writing in reference to a charge off placed on my credit report. I received a 7 year loan from BOA in 2007 (on my credit report this is listed as an overdraft/reserve checking account). I noticed some very large discrepancies. I was charged almost $18k over the loan limit. This is an unfair practice due to the fact the BOA added excessive fees and interest to the loan. I applied for the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) which I was eligible and was turned down by BOA. I went to several branches of BOA in Columbus, GA. I also called and emailed several different people to resolve this issue with no avail. August 2013, this false account information was sent to collections.

It has been almost 10 years and I am still receiving correspondence from BOA in reference to this loan. (This is illegal!) The statute of limitations expired on this loan 3 years ago. (The loan was taken out in South Carolina). My credit report states that my last payment was Oct 2013. It also states that my last payment was August 2013 (no consistency). In August 2014, I received a check from BOA for $25,885.96 with a letter stating there was a mistake and I overpaid. After this occurred I contacted BOA several times (again) so this can be removed from my credit report. The BOA rep refused to remove this from my credit report stating that I was paying into a “phantom account”. They have no record of any of my payments, nor the check sent by BOA. I tried to explain to her that this account has had several different account numbers and no consistency.

During the last conversation with BOA the creditor also stated that I expressed that I wanted to close that line of credit which was preposterous and untrue. I did not have the authority to do such a thing. The account number changed several times as well as their story. The rep was rude and she kept raising her voice. I was transferred 3 times and no one even knew what I was talking about when I called. These practices are illegal and the account numbers have since been deleted (from my credit report) since I spoke with the last rep. That in itself is admission of fraud. Can you please help me? All I am asking is that this charge off be removed from my account. I have attached the check sent to me as well as several other documents that all show different dates.

1) Why would an account have several different account numbers?
2) If I owed money, why would BOA send me a check stating there was an error?
3) Why is this saying that I was paying months after the account was closed?
4) Why is there no proof of any of my payments?

5) How did BOA lose all of my payment records?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Second time opening an account with Bank of America. Complete disappointment in their lack of professionalism and consumerism. Missed 1 payment due to the fact that they failed to let me know it takes 2 billing cycles before automatic payments occurred. Spoke with a credit specialist and customer support to try and fix the issue. I was mislead with incorrect information once again.

The customer representative said it was their fault they waived the fees, and then transferred me to credit support for a dispute. Donna (credit specialist) told me because they waived the fees, I would not qualify for the option to have the hard inquiry removed from my credit, according to her it was it was either or not both. I escalated it to a manager, Alexis, very rude unhelpful. In the end said she would not remove it. I did not even receive a phone call, or any type of notification prior to the late payment marked on my credit report. Second time having issues with Bank of America, first time I closed my debit account with them indefinitely. Proven they are thieves and a dishonest business. Definitely not fair in lending.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We got a credit card with Bank of America and have had nothing but trouble. We got it for 0% on purchases. Our first experience using the card they blocked it. We found out at the register with a cart full of groceries. Yeah it wasn’t fun and embarrassing that a card with a 25k limit is denied for a couple hundred in groceries at a local supermarket. Then when we called to ask what was wrong it only got worse. We talked to 5 representatives who would verify our identity then pass us off to someone else only to have to do it again. They provided misinformation about why the card was locked multiple times.

After an hour or more on the phone a representative that calls herself a supervisor said she would send a recommendation to training about the previous employees and tell us that it takes 6 months to learn your spending so this will continue to happen. Then she pulls the “I think the line is breaking up. Can you hear me click”. Just to hang up on you intentionally after an hour long phone call. The entire time you can hear the customer service representatives laughing and joking about your situation. I would suggest they make sure the phone is muted before they talk poorly about the customers who provide you with a job. The whole thing is one big joke to them and it’s always another department or person that should handle call. If you want a credit card you have to wait on hold for hours to get permission to buy gas or groceries this is for you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have had a $300 secured credit card from this bank of disaster. I always have a problem and it was always a big hassle every time I needed to purchase something for more than 300 dollars. So BofA suggested a credit increase so I apply for a credit increase. And they decline it!!! Tell me to apply but then decline. I just got CAPITAL ONE card for 700 with bad credit, not secured either!!! And... if I make 5 minimum payments they will increase my limit from 700. Not only do I have money and available credit on my card it was declined STILL! I have an available balance of 109.04 and the card was declined. Biggest joke ever.

This bank is the worst ever. I know not one person that prefers Bank of America. On top of having a declined transaction from the card to make matters worse, I'm getting charged a late fee from the bill I was supposed to pay with my card. Just unfreaking believable. The biggest circus ever. GET IN LINE IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I paid my credit card balance completely off in April. But paid interest charges in May and now June. When I contacted the bank they stated the balance had to be paid off for 2 additional months after pay off, but could not describe why I was paying the additional interest. Thiefs.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information