Find a Credit Cards partner

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1574 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I have been a card holder since 2006. The bank was not originally charging any fee to use Venmo and then started to charge a fee without giving proper notice. IN the time of covid the fees on the statements escaped my notice and when I noticed I called to see if they would take the many $10 fees off. They agreed to remove 1 of about 40 fees and got pretty rude. I told them I would cancel the card and they did not care. I read that no other bank charged the fees. I have cancelled the card. I do NOT recommend using this bank for any credit cards.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Just received a letter in the mail notifying me that they cancelled my card (for inactivity.) I've never been late and have good credit. In my opinion the letter was cold and just plain offensive- I don't feel valued at all and wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Visa doesn't care about doing things correctly. I am continually getting communications for customers of BoA and I'm NOT a customer. They do NOT validate emails that customers enter and assume they are correct. What's worse is that they don't notice or even care. I called their 800 number once and was told they wouldn't help me. So I'm posting the information here as BoA and VISA do not care that I have the PII and thus everyone in the world should as well since I am forced to see it constantly.

Bernie **, Visa ending in **
Carl **, Visa ending in **
Eric **, Visa ending in **
Heather **, Visa ending in **
Natalie **, Visa ending in **
Roger **, Visa ending in **

Ann **, Visa

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Happy new 01/01/2021 a new year full of brand new complaints since: Bank of America locks you out of your online banking account. They say that I have signed in from a different place, that's obvious since I have my own apartment but sometimes I sign in from my parent's apartment. Now I'm locked out of my online banking, and I can not use my money. I can not check the balance, I can not pay the balance and I can not check the account activity. Nobody knows what's their secret email address. You can contact them by phone but they are like a simple answering machine.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

SERIOUSLY!!! Do NOT use Bank of America for its credit card services! I had been a Loyal & great customer of theirs for MANY years with a VERY high credit line but for some reason this year has been so awful and thoughtless that they ended up canceling my credit cards even though the mistake was on their part, not mine!! A particular customer service person was very nice & tried to help me, but in the end BOA hurt my credit score by so much I went from above 800, to 600 & when I tried to get that straightened out they didn't care - told me to open new cards, with them but had hurt my score so much that I wouldn't be able to. They aren't trustworthy and if you open a credit card with them - BEWARE - I will NEVER do business with them again - and neither should you!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I have been a customer since 2002. Out of all of this time, BOA refused to increase my credit limit to an amount that someone with my credit rating deserves. With such a low limit, I really wasn't able to use the account much. As a response, BOA shut down my account causing me to lose years of credit age on my credit report and refused to reopen it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I've had this card for 3 years and it was the worst decision I've ever made. The app and website are glitchy and unreliable, the automated phone service is terrible, if you are persistent enough to get to a real person they are exceedingly unhelpful and their departments do not communicate. If you set up an automated payment for the day the bill is due through a checking account, an extremely harassing COLLECTIONS calls you repeatedly and your employer because banks hold payments for 24 hours, even though the terms you sign give you a 2 week grace period and no credit reporting for 30 days, it is in collections in 24 hours. The app doesn't update with payments made, and if you make an additional payment, you have to unenroll and re-enroll with recurring bill pay. I got this card for the Alaska Airlines frequent flyer miles and literally the day after I cash in my miles this card is closing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We have a high Credit limit on our BOA credit card. We have been a customer of theirs for at least 15 years, paying our bill on time and in full every month. Today we tried to make a $5000 appliance purchase, this was well below our credit limit. BOA called to make sure the charge was legitimate and we told them it was. And they should release the funds. They said they would. Though we made five subsequent phone calls to them they never released the funds. Due to their negligence we have lost $5000 worth of points as well as wasting hours on hold with BOA. I have seldom dealt with such incompetence. I subsequently had to use another charge card. Tomorrow I will begin the process to find another more reliable credit card company to do business with. Stay away from this company- they don't follow through with what they say they will do and care nothing for the customers that they claim to help.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Bank Of America Credit Card Scam. We purchased a program online and put a dispute I with Bank of America Disputes. 2 weeks later the company gave me fake website hosting Bank Of America. Now this was two weeks later. Two months went by and Bank Of America sends me they need more information about what happened. The company closed and Bank Of America knew that they closed had to because they did not get their money back. They want us to pay the bill 500.00. They scammed a dispute and instead of asking for the information from the beginning they waited. Now 500.00 we have to pay. No way.

DON'T USE THEM NOR THEIR BANK. If they can scam us on that what else can they do? Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, and believe me that is all open prey for them remember. They Are in control you're not. The Government protects them. Again scams but not you. Tell you why. In 2018 my online business was stolen and nothing was done about it. I contacted ic3.gov, FBI, Criminal Justice Department. They did nothing. The company that I bought the product from took my name off it and are selling it now. Bank Of America is just like them. They scammed me out of 500.00. I'm fighting it. I'm a Citizen of the United States Of America and they let a foreign entity get over on me. DON'T USE BANK OF AMERICA FOR NOTHING. Please help me fight scams and this is one.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I was subject of a fraud... Costing me about $300. I documented entire experience. I submitted proof. BOA is more loyal to the company committing the fraud than to the consumer. And trying to communicate with a human being is impossible. Their 800# is a waste of time. Wish all companies were like Discover!

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information