Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Bank of America Credit Cards
3.52/5
Based on 1,240 ratings submitted in the last year

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America has credit cards for a variety of purposes, including travel. Read reviews for Bank of America Travel Rewards to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

1726 Bank of America Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have a BOA credit card that I have had for years. I set up automatic withdrawals every week to cover my monthly minimum so I don’t forget or be late with the payments. Since Nov of 2017, BOA has continued to withdraw money weekly covering my payments. In Dec of 2017, my last electronic withdrawal was after the payment due date. They charged me a late fee. It continued from there. In April I received a notice via email indicating that my card was past due. I get my statements electronically so I don’t really check as long as my monthly withdrawals are coming out weekly through my bank. I spoke with a rep of BOA and she advised me of what was happening. I paid the last balance of the late charges... this late payment charge continued through August 9, 2018. I spoke with BOA on August 7th indicating I was unsatisfied with their credit card services and requested my account be closed and advised them I would pay it off.

I paid the full balance on August 8th. On August 9th they reported me to the credit bureaus as being 30 days late. I am furious as they made no attempt after April to contact me again and advise me I was late. Looking at the statements, I realized I was late because they continued to charge me a late fee when the last electronic payment was after the due date. Otherwise I was never late because of the electronic withdrawals. No phone call to advise me. No additional email. I paid off the card August 8 which should have showed up on their system yet they still reported me 30 days late. I believe the company is scamming customers who have electronic withdrawals weekly and I would like to speak with an attorney.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Wait times on phone call UNFORGIVABLE!!! Card showing as invalid and unusable today, options on call center do not address the exact issue, likely a security breach of some sort, but no way to solve the problem and no way to know why unless you visit the ".com" website, which may or may not give me an answer...presume that the 1.5 hour wait time is to encourage FEWER calls, very upset, dinner tonight will be something cold as I have wasted my time on-hold. When did this become "good customer service"???

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Their service has gone to hell. It can take over an hour to get a customer service rep. We were hit by a scam. They knew about this scam yet allowed our account to be bled, without contacting us. Even worse, they led us to believe they would act on our behalf, and had us contact the scam operator over and over to get them information. Finally, they told us they would not act. They could have told us this initially, instead of wasting our time. This company does not care about you or your business.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I have been a AAA Bank of America Card holder for several years (at least 10). I had a balance of around $12.00 that I did not know about and they did not inform me of this balance until after 60 days. Upon inquiring about the balance and why they waited 60 days to say anything about it, I agreed to pay the $17.00 that was the total after interest. I found out today that they closed the account on the 18th of July, and my credit monitoring company told me about this. I called and inquired, and the customer service was deplorable. It seems that Bank of America closed the account and did not have the ethics to inform me. I will never do business with them again and will close any other accounts that I may have with them. I will be writing to them a formal complaint, but I suspect it will do me no justice. If you use Bank of America credit cards, I advise you to fire them immediately.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We paid our bills through Bank of America's bill pay. When checks were "lost" with first bankcard they did little to locate the items but were quick to give us three late notices on our credit report. When it was discovered we were not at fault at all, they still don't seem to want to remove the three notifications!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: July 18, 2018

My wife and I have been BOA credit card holders through the NEA since 1986. Always paid our bill. In May I received a bunch of financial information forms that they wanted completed. I ignored them figuring I am always up to date with our payments and since I was always up to date my finances was none of their business. Fast forward one month. I had just received my bill for $400 and some odd dollars. I sent my check to them like usual. Three days later I tried to use my card at Tractor Supply and it was denied.

Figuring it was just a glitch I paid with cash and was on my way. Two days after that, I called Big Dee's, a horse supply company who has my card on file. After I placed my order, I was told my card was denied. I sent them a check and they sent my order. I called BOA and asked what was going on. I was told I was denied because I did not submit the financial information requested. I asked since I always paid my bill it was really none of their business. I was then forwarded to a number of BOA hacks, each time I told them my story. Suddenly there was dead air. I'm thinking of getting a lawyer. Anyone else have this experience???

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have accounts with them for almost 10 years, I hated it their customer service! Worst one ever. I don’t know what’s their problems, I’m not recommending their services and banking to anybody, I stopped using their credit cards already! The only reason I can’t close my accounts with them, it could drop my credit score, so I will not close my credit cards, but I’m not definitely using them so they can’t make money from on us! I will keep my 2 credit cards with just ZERO balances, without using them.

I just had conversation with a supervisor from California called Steve ** (not sure about his last name). Steve and his rep. didn’t even try to understand my rare situation, which was not common at all, basically didn’t want to help me! I missed my two credit cards due dates with a 30 minutes or 1 hour due to the time difference during our long vacation. Once I realized the time difference, I sent two payments right away for my credit card accounts, but nothing happened though!

I'm a customer for 10 years and I did maybe 4 or 5 late payments during that time period, it could be even less than that Bank Of America! Listen to your dear customers dear Bank of America, you have been losing a lot of people because of these similar acts and situations, let me repeat. I will not recommend your bank and services to anybody, so you lose money and value! I already filled out 3-4 negative similar reviews and that will continue for sure!

FOLKS, do your research before to apply any of their services, look at people's reviews please so that they are going to lose business and then maybe they will start treating people better! AGAIN FOLKS stay away from Bank of America and DO NOT USE their all services, do not get loans, credit cards, bank accounts, retirement accounts with them! They are horrible at customer service, they only care about the money they make on you, they do not give a single respect to their customers!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have had an account with Bank of America since 2005, recently we made an error and forgot to send the payment. After 13 yrs of perfect payment history without notice this bank closed the account. I understand that we missed a payment. However as soon as we found our error the account was brought current. One would think that if a business had a customer with an exultant payment track record they would contact that customer via telephone o and or email to inquire as to the reason for the 1 missed payment.

Not only did Bank of America NOT contact me once we corrected the error they treated me as a deadbeat. I made numerous calls to customer service trying to clear up this matter but was to that due to my 1 missed payment there was nothing they could assist me with. REALLY? 15 yrs of perfect payment no contact from them and there is nothing they can do... As a business owner I know that mistakes happen, if I treated my customers this way I would be out of business in less than 6 months. Thank goodness this account will be paid off shortly and they will be out of my hair... Thanks Bank of America for the humiliation your customer service reps bestowed upon me, this must be some special customer service training you provide your associates!

Original review: July 6, 2018

My account was closed after a representative call me on my bill due date at work and I told her I would pay it when I got home; which I did. Two days later I received a letter stating my account was closed for the following reasons: My credit score was too low (It was 733 at the time); Current trends in the market dictated my closure; and a few other trivial reasons. So I paid my balance. My next statement showed another interest charge on a balance of $0.90. How is that possible? The customer service agent started the conversation by saying she was going to go back a year worth of my statements. This company is devious. Counts on people not having the time or money to fight them.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have had a Bank of America credit card for 18 years, have never missed a payment, and have a credit limit of $31,200. On May 11th my wife went to Ottawa, Canada. I filled in all details of her trip (dates and times, airlines flown, layovers on flight, hotel name - everything). When she tried to pay for a service fee with Air Canada, the transaction was declined. For $129 dollars. I intervened and used another Bank of America card (my corporate travel card) and it went through. When I contacted BofA, they could provide no reason why the transaction was declined, why the details in the Travel Advice made no difference, or why another BofA card worked and our didn't. The 2nd phrase out of the Customer Service rep's mouth was "I'm sorry for the declined transaction, fraud is a really big problem but I can't tell you why the transaction was declined".

Today, tried to book tickets to go to a water park 50 miles from my house, for $485 bucks. Transaction was declined. This time, home phone rings, and they want to confirm my identity. Asked for (and I'm not making this up) the CVV code on the card, my user id for logging in to my BofA account, my PASSPORT number (are you kidding me!!), and answered a series of questions on what my college sports mascot was, what type of vehicle I might have leased or owned, and what companies I might have worked for or been "associated" with.

Again, the Customer Service representative could provide no information on why the transaction was declined other than to say "We experience a lot of fraud, so have to be careful." And, my favourite, "I'm just the customer service representative, I'm not responsible for making the policies". So, I'm cancelling my account. I have no troubles with any of my other cards - Chase, Wells Fargo etc. with any transactions. B of A is clueless about how to keep longtime customers. Have fun y'all.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Had a fraud case, has extra fees on credit card, had a broken card... And I waited on hold more than 45 minutes for each of these issues. I sat down at a gas station waiting for the fraud department to pick up for over an hour so that I could get gas for my car and get home. Cause guess what, they had canceled my card early that morning. Zero anticipation of how financial services might be urgent necessities for customers. They didn't even respond to my complaint email that I sent 3 business days ago.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Bank of America left me homeless!!! Then the Bank of America manager told me she would keep an eye on my account and when I emailing her for help she did nothing!!! Sorry she did something...LIED TO MY FACE WHEN SHE SAW ME COMING TO THE BANK SAYING OF, “I WAS GOING TO CALL YOU.” But this was after waiting 72 hrs. We closed out my credit card 6/12 and then it magically appear again today on my online. I was told it was an error as the account has a credit on it as such it could not be closed out. They just processed by credit and closed out card today. And now I have to wait 7-10 business days for my money. When I opened the account it took less than 1 hour for them to take my money.

Also I called customer service about depositing 2 money order, after clearing the money order 3 weeks later they bounce the money order. When I asked if they saw notes on my account over the phone the rep said yes. Of course now they can find notes and I am 100% at fault. To add insult to injury less than 30 days account they allow a hotel to take fees out 3x's in one day, and I have to wait for them to look into it. When I asked why this duplicate wasn't caught they again said, “I don’t know.” THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THEY ARE THIEVES!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have been a customer of BOA for over 15 yrs. I have a mortgage with BOA as well as a credit card. In all my 15 yrs of being a BOA customer, I've never made a late payment. I missed my 1st payment by 3 days and when I realized it, I paid it immediately. I then phone BOA customer service and requested a 1 time courtesy adjustment of the late payment penalty. According to the supervisor Twana @ BOA because BOA wasn't the one who made the error with the payment, they would NOT waive the penalty. This the most horrible excuse I've ever heard from any banking company.

I understand me forgetting to pay my bill. It was my error. However yrs. of paying on time and above the minimum means absolutely nothing with BOA. Had I know this was how longstanding customers get treated I would have never applied for any services with BOA. This is a huge eye opener for me. Moving forward I will be seeking a new mortgage company as well as a new credit card lender. This is a matter of principle, courtesy and respect which BOA knows nothing about. I highly recommend to anyone thinking of becoming a BOA customer don't do it, steer clear of the headache and misery they will bring to your life and credit history.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Three months ago, I signed up for investment service. On the website where I signed up, it had a CLEAR refund policy. It was on their site and I copied it. I tried to cancel and get my money back, pursuant to the refund policy and the company said NO. I went through the credit card fraud services, and called them at least three times and sent them copies of website return policy. Very, very clear that I was due a refund. The Bank of America team, did not read my response, did not ask for clarification and ultimately said they couldn't read my copies and then said it was too late to do anything. I am extremely disappointed. This was simple and I would rate the fraud dept review process as a failure. I hoped they would advocate for me as their client. They actually seemed to work for the fraudulent merchant. Very dissatisfied and would encourage others to go to another card company.

Original review: June 13, 2018

In 1990 I was in college and our national sorority did a fundraiser if we signed up with Bank of America (BoA). I was 17/18 years old and my mother had to co-sign to open. In 2010, I faxed my mother's death certificate to BoA to remove her from my account. 28 years, a customer of BoA. I have always paid the balance IN FULL every time (with a few paid in full late - paid with late fee). This past year, I noticed my father's name starts to appear as a second name on my bill and he, alone, starts to receive mail from BOA. Then he starts getting calls to my cell phone. I would state that they had the wrong number... because they HAD the Wrong Number.

After the fifth call, I said this is not his number but he is my father, what did they need? "We need to verify his information for the credit card account." I replied that he had nothing to do with my account - unless he unknowingly was added when my mother passed. He needed to be removed. We discussed a while but it just didn't feel right or make sense to me. Worried this was a scam, I called BoA to share concern. As far as I'm concerned, no company or person should be asking for his SS# related to MY credit card account. I was told this was a new policy and because he was on the account the only way to remove a co-person was for him to be on the phone with me to verify his info and answer questions - giving permission to remove him. I shared he was hard of hearing, then called him on speaker from another phone so all could hear.

After the BoA rep sped through their script and I repeatedly had to repeat for my dad, my dad could not understand. It was so frustrating for my dad and self that after 15 minutes we told them to mail whatever paperwork was needed to remove him from the account. Received paperwork to MY home address. To remove him, he needed to provide a W9, SS#, verify an address and sign/date form. He lost paperwork while in the process of closing on his home and then went to Florida for two weeks.

Card gets declined last week - a $20 dinner so next day, I called to inquire. It was on hold and the person said that dad needed to answer specific questions and if we called back together, we could lift the hold on account and get him removed. The rep gave me a specific number to call back with my dad and bypass the general number, then he extended the card until today, June 13. Last night, June 12, we called # with father. The "qualifying questions" included his address and phone number. Mind you, he has lived in the same house for 46 years until this past year. Never MY HOME that I've owned since 1999.

When he gave the only two addresses that HE has lived in KY, they said that was not what they had in the system. I then thought that maybe the address I lived in when the card was opened which was a house my parents owned in early 90s as a rental may be in the system and The rep said those addresses were not correct. Eventually, I realized that they were asking him for MY home address and MY cell phone as if it was his information...??? I repeatedly shared that this did not make any sense.

I was told by two different people at different times that my options were to physically go into a Bank of America where he could show his License to the person and they could remove. WE DO NOT have BoA in our state. Several people we spoke to read the "script" repeating that I needed to go into a service center to which I again said we do not have one. I have owned my home since 1999 - in FULL for the last 10 years or so and I paid in FULL for my car. I have good credit, a $19,000 credit limit on this card, job, portfolio of investments... What is going on?

Again, my dad has NEVER submitted his information to BoA. To keep account extended and open until paperwork was received and processed, they said the only way to keep it open was for him to submit a W9 to prove he was him since he couldn't go into a service center. Gave me fax number to send W9 and suggested I call 24-48 hours later to ensure they received. If (IF) their system could verify he was who he said he was, then we may be able to not block card until the paperwork could be received and mailed back. Why in the world does BoA need his SS# and want to know his income - retirement, investments, social security? We are trying to remove HIM. He has never made a payment to that CC nor has he ever used it!

All I can think of is that I am not making BoA money because I pay off the card every statement so this must be an attempt to make it so difficult to cause me to close my account. That is what I plan to do. Close the account once I pay the remaining balance. I am not unnecessarily sharing my father's SS#. A policy is a policy and I get that but there must be room for common sense! The square peg does not fit in the round hole and never will. I cannot keep hammering.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am writing in reference to a charge off placed on my credit report. I received a 7 year loan from BOA in 2007 (on my credit report this is listed as an overdraft/reserve checking account). I noticed some very large discrepancies. I was charged almost $18k over the loan limit. This is an unfair practice due to the fact the BOA added excessive fees and interest to the loan. I applied for the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) which I was eligible and was turned down by BOA. I went to several branches of BOA in Columbus, GA. I also called and emailed several different people to resolve this issue with no avail. August 2013, this false account information was sent to collections.

It has been almost 10 years and I am still receiving correspondence from BOA in reference to this loan. (This is illegal!) The statute of limitations expired on this loan 3 years ago. (The loan was taken out in South Carolina). My credit report states that my last payment was Oct 2013. It also states that my last payment was August 2013 (no consistency). In August 2014, I received a check from BOA for $25,885.96 with a letter stating there was a mistake and I overpaid. After this occurred I contacted BOA several times (again) so this can be removed from my credit report. The BOA rep refused to remove this from my credit report stating that I was paying into a “phantom account”. They have no record of any of my payments, nor the check sent by BOA. I tried to explain to her that this account has had several different account numbers and no consistency.

During the last conversation with BOA the creditor also stated that I expressed that I wanted to close that line of credit which was preposterous and untrue. I did not have the authority to do such a thing. The account number changed several times as well as their story. The rep was rude and she kept raising her voice. I was transferred 3 times and no one even knew what I was talking about when I called. These practices are illegal and the account numbers have since been deleted (from my credit report) since I spoke with the last rep. That in itself is admission of fraud. Can you please help me? All I am asking is that this charge off be removed from my account. I have attached the check sent to me as well as several other documents that all show different dates.

1) Why would an account have several different account numbers?
2) If I owed money, why would BOA send me a check stating there was an error?
3) Why is this saying that I was paying months after the account was closed?
4) Why is there no proof of any of my payments?

5) How did BOA lose all of my payment records?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Second time opening an account with Bank of America. Complete disappointment in their lack of professionalism and consumerism. Missed 1 payment due to the fact that they failed to let me know it takes 2 billing cycles before automatic payments occurred. Spoke with a credit specialist and customer support to try and fix the issue. I was mislead with incorrect information once again.

The customer representative said it was their fault they waived the fees, and then transferred me to credit support for a dispute. Donna (credit specialist) told me because they waived the fees, I would not qualify for the option to have the hard inquiry removed from my credit, according to her it was it was either or not both. I escalated it to a manager, Alexis, very rude unhelpful. In the end said she would not remove it. I did not even receive a phone call, or any type of notification prior to the late payment marked on my credit report. Second time having issues with Bank of America, first time I closed my debit account with them indefinitely. Proven they are thieves and a dishonest business. Definitely not fair in lending.

Original review: May 29, 2018

We got a credit card with Bank of America and have had nothing but trouble. We got it for 0% on purchases. Our first experience using the card they blocked it. We found out at the register with a cart full of groceries. Yeah it wasn’t fun and embarrassing that a card with a 25k limit is denied for a couple hundred in groceries at a local supermarket. Then when we called to ask what was wrong it only got worse. We talked to 5 representatives who would verify our identity then pass us off to someone else only to have to do it again. They provided misinformation about why the card was locked multiple times.

After an hour or more on the phone a representative that calls herself a supervisor said she would send a recommendation to training about the previous employees and tell us that it takes 6 months to learn your spending so this will continue to happen. Then she pulls the “I think the line is breaking up. Can you hear me click”. Just to hang up on you intentionally after an hour long phone call. The entire time you can hear the customer service representatives laughing and joking about your situation. I would suggest they make sure the phone is muted before they talk poorly about the customers who provide you with a job. The whole thing is one big joke to them and it’s always another department or person that should handle call. If you want a credit card you have to wait on hold for hours to get permission to buy gas or groceries this is for you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have had a $300 secured credit card from this bank of disaster. I always have a problem and it was always a big hassle every time I needed to purchase something for more than 300 dollars. So BofA suggested a credit increase so I apply for a credit increase. And they decline it!!! Tell me to apply but then decline. I just got CAPITAL ONE card for 700 with bad credit, not secured either!!! And... if I make 5 minimum payments they will increase my limit from 700. Not only do I have money and available credit on my card it was declined STILL! I have an available balance of 109.04 and the card was declined. Biggest joke ever.

This bank is the worst ever. I know not one person that prefers Bank of America. On top of having a declined transaction from the card to make matters worse, I'm getting charged a late fee from the bill I was supposed to pay with my card. Just unfreaking believable. The biggest circus ever. GET IN LINE IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I paid my credit card balance completely off in April. But paid interest charges in May and now June. When I contacted the bank they stated the balance had to be paid off for 2 additional months after pay off, but could not describe why I was paying the additional interest. Thiefs.

Original review: May 17, 2018

This is the worst credit card I’ve ever had. They canceled one of my cards without notice, then sent me an offer to take the cash rewards card and I like an idiot agreed. What a mistake. They made me pay 99$ deposit with good credit and gave me a 500$ limit which was 2500 less than what I had on the previous card that was initially a secured visa that I had made consistent payments with a positive payment history. Seems like predatory lending to me. This bank is just as shameless as Wells Fargo. Thanks for closing my account and good riddance.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had a BOA card through Interval International. I cancelled the card over 3 years ago and paid off the balance in December 2017. When I paid the final balance I called the company by phone, spoke with a live person and paid what I owed. Since then every month they send me a bill for Fees and then more fees and interest on the fee charged. I called last month. Spoke with a live person and she stated I owed because I didn't pay the correct pay off amount. After arguing I paid the 21.21 and she assured me no more bills. This month I received a bill for 1.50. A fee charge!!! I called, stayed on hold for 30 minutes without being able to speak with anyone. What kind of crooks are these! Something has to be done!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Over a year ago, we were on a company paid vacation. The resort asked to put a card on file, we gave them our Bank of America card. Two days after we left the resort two charges were made to the card. One was an accidental charge that the resort has corrected. However, the largest of the charges, the resort has no record of charging. As soon as we got notice of the charges we started a dispute with Bank of America. We were bounced around between billing disputes and the fraud department opening claims in both. For the past year we have been on the phone with Bank of America weekly. They continue to deny the claim and are holding us to these bogus charges. They kept “working with us” but then we would get a denial letter the following week. Now they are saying we didn’t start a dispute in time so it’s our responsibility to pay it. They have been awful to work with.

I have never had a credit card company not have the customer's back in dealing with this kind of issue. I have had fraud charges a couple times with other banks and it has never been an issue, I make one call and it’s resolved immediately. This has caused us a lot of stress for a year and having past payments on our account is affecting our credit. However I can’t in good conscience pay the charges knowing they are not real charges. If we had made the purchases we would gladly pay them, but we didn’t and it’s not right we get stuck with this huge bill. I would tell everyone I know about our experience and discourage anyone from ever opening any sort of account with Bank of America. This is the worst banking experience I’ve ever encountered. We are at present still fighting them on the charges.

Resolution response: May 12, 2018

Bank of America processed a credit for the disputed amount.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I called Bank of America two days after receiving a $59 annual fee and asked if they would waive the fee. I spoke to two representatives who assured me I would receive a $59 credit if I closed my account. They said it was the only way to have the fee waived. One month later, I still had not received the $59 credit so I called BOA again. The representative said he could not waive the fee, despite being told to close the account to get the credit back. I then spoke to his supervisor who refused to give me the $59 credit, even though I closed my account at the BOA reps advice. This is terrible customer service. I now owe $59 for a credit card that is closed and unusable. I will never use BOA again, nor will I recommend them to anyone else for any banking needs. Very poor customer service.

Original review: April 30, 2018

In over 10 years of having 2 credit cards with Bank of America I have never once disputed a transaction. I charge significant amounts between my business and personal cards each month. I recently disputed a mere $64 transaction where the company used bait and switch, (They advertised a expensive product but then shipped a different quantity of a cheap inferior product.). After multiple attempts to contact the company, I naturally disputed the charge and provided Bank of America all the order confirmations and invoices showing what I ordered was clearly not what I received. Bank of America's claim department was the worst I have ever seen in all my years. They "lost" my documentation and then recovered it but not without denying my claim first.

I then received a 3 page letter from Bank of America detailing how I would need an independent expert merchant to inspect and verify that the merchandise was different. The letter came in the mail and it said I had 1 day to have the letter back to Bank of America before the case was closed! BOA said they needed a formal letter on letterhead by an "expert" in the merchandise I ordered along with multiple other documentation I had already submitted. It took the BOA rep 15 minutes to locate my previous sent material when I called. The rep was rude and indifferent and did not treat me as a Bank Of America customer with the slightest amount of respect. He was completely unable to tell me how to locate an "expert" on the vitamins I had ordered.

The rep snarkily used an illustration that if I ordered expensive pair of blue sneakers and got cheap pair of red sneakers sent to me instead I need an expert in sneakers to write a letter verifying one was red and one was blue. In other words Bank Of America claims department has no interest in supporting or helping their customers who are clearly victims of fraud. I am promptly cancelling both my personal and business credit cards due to "Patrick" the claims representatives unprofessional and rude behavior with Bank of America. I even had my husband speak to a manager who was even more impotent and unapologetic than Patrick. It was clear that they cared nothing for us as customers and whether we cancelled the cards or not.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My son is an authorized user on my account. He wanted to use the card for a trip he's going on, so I went online and did a travel notification. The card was declined on the first day of the trip. I called and, after the frustration of finally being able to talk to a person, found out that when they ask for the destination, they really want ALL the states he'd be traveling through. So, I edited the notification, including all the states he'd be traveling through. Later that day, he texted me that it had been declined again, in one of these states. I braced myself and called again, only to be told they had no idea why it was declined - was the merchant's call. But they did accept his debit card, so go figure. I got no help, just "I understand your frustration."

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was sent a proposal to apply for a new card with 0% interest. During the application process I submitted 3 balance transfers, these were accepted by BofA. It appears now that only one has been accepted and I assume the other 2 were rejected. They do not show up on the balance transfer status page. I did not receive any notice of the rejection. BofA reduced my other credit card limits significantly without my approval or prior notice. The new 0% interest card has such a low credit limit it is totally useless.

The proposal for the card application did not mention any negative actions as a result of applying for this card. I read through the fine print on the application and nothing was mentioned about rejecting my balance transfers requests or significantly reducing my current credit limit without notice because I submitted their credit card application. That was information I would have found necessary in determining to apply for the new card or not. I think BofA is a fraud and I'm proceeding with a formal complaint process with the authorities.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have been a self-employed contractor for 15 years. BOA was one of the first credit cards I opened for my business purchases. Over the many years I have, for the most part, carried a balance and have always made regular payments to the account (unless I forgot, and paid their late fees). My account was recently paid down to a $0 balance (yeah me!).

A recent statement from BOA and their refusal to lend money to certain gun manufacturers really struck a nerve with me, so I decided to cancel my card and account outright and cut my ties to BOA. When I called them to notify them I was no longer going to do business with them as a result of their decision, I was informed that my credit line was revoked as well. Seriously? I never received any notification that my account was being closed by them for any reason. Is this how you handle a customer of 15 years? That's sad. I guess they don't need (or want) my business.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We have been with BofA since 1990, never late. Perfect credit. We took our Visa with us to outside the country for all expenses. While on day 3 of 8 day vacation we learned that they closed our card. The reasons make zero common sense. They said they sent us a request for information two months in a row. Before October, which apparently is when they closed it unknowingly to us. (We hadn’t used it for anything.) We seriously never got it and yet our bill comes monthly showing correct information and available credit amount available. Nowhere does it show “closed”. Then there are the two times since October that we called and spoke to a live person. They never mentioned it. Then there is the fact; I walk in each month to pay my bill at the counter. They never informed me either. I show my driver's license each time through the drop window.

I had to pay 2 hrs of international time to discover they had now decline us to reinstate because it was closed in October for the above reason; “missing information.” I don’t understand. We have not changed jobs or homes or contact information for over 15 years. No phone calls. Nothing. We had identity theft a few years ago and notified all the organization we were required to do so with including BofA. So now there is misreporting on our credit so they declined from reinstating us or issuing us a new card. Omg! Horrible... We are stranded and Charles, Al **, Cameo **, Kashi, Jessica, all of BofA Are aware we are stranded, and “I’m sorry, there is nothing we can do for you” is all we can get?

We’ve been with the bank since the 80s this card since the 90s. We can now not pay our room in a foreign country and have 5 days to go hungry and homeless... I trusted my bank, “Bank of America”, we again, have never missed a payment, we have been married for 35 years. Clearly we are loyal customers who kept our end of the deal but they cheated on us... We aren’t flight risks. They are aware of our situation and after all these years??? They are deserting us on our vacation 15 hours away by plane from our home in a foreign Country. I’m have a stress attack! Help!!! This right here is a perfect example of what’s wrong in this world today. Pull your money out. They can’t be trusted.

Original review: April 4, 2018

If I could give them 0 stars I would. We send them a payment every two weeks to keep our card paid off. We sent them a payment from our bank, the money withdrew from our checking account BUT Bank of America put a HOLD on the payment. I did a 3 way call with them and the bank assured them the funds were in the account and were actually already withdrawn from our account (it was an electronic payment. No check). YET BOA still has a hold on the payment and will not credit the money into our account and cannot explain the hold.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information