Bank of America Credit Cards

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very disappointed with my experience today. I have had a credit card with BOA for years. I don't use it unless I absolutely have to. Today was one of those days. I go to use my card and it was declined due to an unpaid amount. I have never even used this card since its issue to me. Apparently it was a maintenance charge of 50 some dollars that I had no idea about. In order to use my card and to get it reactivated, I had to pay the fee... Which I did. Even having done that, they still said they could not reinstate my card as I am still at my mechanic's garage trying to pay a 1300 charge in repairs. This company left me high and dry trying to scramble and figure out what to do... I have been a loyal customer for YEARS. They lost me on this one. VERY unprofessional and will never use their credit card service again. Pissed off is an understatement for the way I feel how I was treated.

I accidentally paid a wrong credit card ## $700 instead of to my regular paid balance transfer card number. When I tried to correct the issue with BofA, they would not help me and told me that I had to go into a BofA bank and fix it. I deferred to my Schwab bank to help me and will await BofA's thievery to fix this problem. I am almost finished paying off this balance transfer and will NEVER borrow money from Bank of America AGAIN!!! It's too bad that an Italian trying to help common people let his company/bank turn into a conglomerate money-sucking corporate ** machine rip the American people off!!!

I have an HSA (Health Savings Account) with BoA. Although I am limited in what I can purchase with this account, someone managed to hack the account and drain my card of about $2300 in New York (I live in PA) and purchases for taxi cabs and liquor stores were somehow approved. This happened between June 22-25 2017, but I didn't realize it until my card was declined at a doctor's office for a $25 copay on July 10. I called the next morning to report the fraud and had no problems. Within a week they had sent me a new card (useless anyway, nothing on it), and the Dispute Form including the process explanations. I faxed back the list of disputed transactions on July 21.

The form clearly states my account would receive provisional credit within 10 business days of receiving my Dispute form. We are now on business day 13, no provisional credit. I attempted the online chat on August 2 to ask where they were in the process, the agent ended the chat without answering me at all. I have a screenshot of this. So I tried calling, was transferred to Merril ** for whatever reason, and couldn't get a human to speak to me. Tried the online chat again, and was told I was at the mercy of waiting for the merchants in New York to return my money. I asked about being reimbursed for the appointments and prescriptions I am now paying for out of pocket, and was told once the money was in my account, they would reimburse me with that - with my own money. I have not gotten one single phone call or email to let me know what is happening.

Another girl in my office also had her account hacked, we called on the same day to make our reports, they messed her case up from the very beginning by not coding the fraud correctly, and never sent her the dispute form. I copied the dispute form I had and gave it to her, we faxed them on the same day. Last week, they told her the fax number on that form is incorrect. I was never told this, so where did my fax go??

Yesterday, my friend tried to log in her account to see if her provisional credit (which apparently they don't give even though the form says they do) and couldn't get in. She called and was told they made a business decision to close her account. Wouldn't tell her why, that's just it, end of story. She lost $1500, and BOA is doing nothing. So her and I both were not only the victims of fraud, we are now the victims of the inept fraud department, which apparently sends forms with incorrect information on it?

We are now at 4 weeks since the fraud was reported, and nothing has happened. If BOA wants proof I was not in New York when these purchases were made, I have pictures of me at a wedding that weekend in Northampton, PA. Also, I'd bet there are surveillance cameras in drug stores in New York, where $1800 of my money went, and credit card transactions are date and time stamped.

I'm not asking for anything outlandish, I just want my money back! Not only was the security on my card so lax that it was hacked, it was approved for purchases that an HSA account does not cover, and the bank that let this happen isn't interested in fixing it after a whole month. I have now had to cancel 4 physical therapy appointments because I can't afford to pay for them out of pocket, and tomorrow I'm supposed to fill a $340 prescription, yet the card that is supposed to pay for these things is useless. I want someone to tell me what's happening, I want my money back, and I want reimbursement for the money I've been shelling out of my own pocket, including lots of blood pressure medication! I don't think that's asking too much.

I have several accounts with Bank of America and never been late. For some reason they closed all my accounts and wouldn't even let me have online access. So now every month I have to call in my payments. My payment on one account was always due on the 4th. This month out of the blue they changed it to the 2nd. So now I have a 50 dollar late fee. This bank is not for me.

Banks chased us to open up credit cards and take equity line of credits- we used these methods tomoaunfor college and a variety of things - always paid, have a very solid asset portfolio and a very very good income. With retirement around the corner and kids college coming to close we started paying off debt- we paid Band of America off over $28,000.00 as with others. All balances to be paid off by year end or shortly thereafter. Keep in mind - nothing changed in years except this debt reduction with cash (not another loan or credit card). We were told by BOA that that large payment generates a credit inquiry and thus - we have too much revolving debt and closed accounts.

Now 29 June they actually increased my credit line but by paying off account I became a credit risk. They made money from me for year. No late payments or defaults or bankruptcies. NOW THEY HAVE harmed me By tanking my credit score by institutional closing of my accounts - I should have chosen a different institution tonoayboffnor better yet not bothered to pay at all as this deliberate malicious intent to cause harm is ridiculous. Funny how they chase you and seem to want the debt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Bank of America N.A., violated my privacy and disclosed my information to a third party without my consent. They also called me numerous times on a delinquent loan even after it was transferred to another institution, same way they did with reporting it to the bureau, after it was long time settled. I was also not informed that it's being transferred to another company, with no chance to work out a plan. They never reported the account as in dispute. This same company who is regulated by the FDIC and the OCC and has on their back thousands of FDCPA claims, they have a problem when an individual who is not regulated by this regulations, nicely calls up their executives who are responsible for the bank, and have an idea to call it harassment, absurd!

They called me day and night, even after being advised to cease and desist and to stop. Furthermore, they claim they can't delete a trad line per the FCRA, and are stubborn nasty on that more than any other bank out there, even though it's been very close to retention, they won't go above and beyond and will not comply with the good faith and fair dealing act. Bottom line this bank had to pay billions of dollars for all their mishandling mortgages, and other claims, and were bailed out by the government, although it was their fault and negligence, but when it comes to someone else, they are nasty, rude, ignorant. As of today the account is differently being reported to each bureau.

Bank of America has given out 2 credit card accounts with our name on them and someone else's name with very large credit lines within less than 2 months of each other that we did NOT AUTHORIZE! Even though a credit alert has been put out with B of A and the credit reporting companies!! B of A still allowed these credit lines to be created. Unbelievable!!! I would and will never do business with B of A just for this simple fact that they don't care who they are giving credit lines to. Fraudulent or not!!

We have enjoyed doing business with your company for the past eight years and hope to continue to do so for much more. However, I have a present issue with my current Visa credit card. I was studying for the Uniform Bar Exam in New York back in February, and I had to reduce my work hours. Due to a reduction of my work hours I was late in paying my credit card debt. I was rather distraught because I understand the importance of good credit and making timely payments to the bank. I called Bank of America and I told them my dilemma. So, because of my untimely payments, I incurred several months of late payments.

I contacted all of my credit card companies and I told them what occurred and the reason why I was late. All of the other banks agreed to take off all the late payments on the account, and subsequently, I paid the current payment due as part of the agreement. I contacted Bank of America and I asked if I could have the late payments waived and they asked what were the issues and the reason why I was late. I told them once again the reason due to me studying for the Uniform Bar Exam; I had to reduce my work hours. The manager online listened and said that there is nothing that he could do. If I don't pay the late fees the credit card account will be charged off. Now, the late fees have increased. Now I am up to six months in late payments. When I first contacted Bank of America I had two months of late fees.

I am not seeking a handout; I am just requesting the bank that I doing business with to please, HAVE A HEART. I have two children that I have to support and I was able to successfully complete law school and after all those years of banking, I would like to remain loyal to Bank of America and retain the long lasting relationship. Proudly, I opened my credit card account at Bank of America, through your wonderful program, where I was able to open a secured credit card for one year, and then upon my graduation of timely payments the account would graduate into an unsecured credit card. I made all my past payments on time. There were even instances where I brought the account balance to (0) zero on a monthly basis.

I even mentioned to the manager upon my licensure as an attorney in New York, I would be willing to open my escrow account with Bank of America. As a loyal customer of many years, you would think that this would be a deciding factor that the Bank retains loyal customers; to the contrary! I just have to get over this small hurdle and I am requesting that my late fees are waived on my credit card, and subsequently, I will make the monthly payment today. I understand the importance of good credit and making your payments on time, and lastly being responsible, however, due to my reduction in work hours I was delinquent with my monthly payments. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

I am so done with B of A!!!! I disputed a 195.00 charge on my credit card from a fraudulent company with an F rating from the BBB and an average one star rating on Yelp, with reviews claiming from the others that the company is a fraud. Yet, B of A gave me no consideration for all of the information I submitted to them which cost me over 12.00 in fax fees (they don't accept emails). I have over 65,000 in my savings account, which I am going to close and transfer to another bank, because I am so done with B of A.

My family has banked with them for many, many years and when my mother passed away, they made it impossible to access her accounts, even with a death certificate and proof of being successor executor to her trust. None of the other banks where my mother banked, gave us even close to the problems that B of A did. The customer service people who work for B of A are completely unqualified, underpaid, undereducated, untrained, and unprofessional. Customer Service is not their priority.

Too bad there is no zero star, worst calling center. Try to contact them couple times, please put on the hold for a long time. When I finally get through and two very unprofessional customer service agent gave me a very very bad attitude when I try to bring up this issue. There is no place or link that you can provide any suggestion and input. I won't use their card again for my own business and going to close all of my bank accounts with BoA.

On the back of my credit card it has a number for "24-hour customer service." I did not know that 24-hour customer service did not include all of the hours in an earth day. Their damn robot could make Santa Claus commit suicide. What's the point, they don't care what small customers think.

Filed travel notice for a trip from the US to Bangkok, Thailand for a 2-month notice. 3 weeks in they froze my account due to "suspicious activity." I tried to connect to live chat, they now charge $20 for that service. The international phone call has to be only from a landline, not a payphone. I followed their procedure and now they are ruining and screwing up my vacation. THANKS, BANK OF AMERICA, I will be canceling my account upon returning. You can go to... You only get one star because I can't give you 0 stars.

Without notice, BOA did a credit review and closed my card, despite paying above the minimum each month, as they noted I had additional debts accrued... Which is a natural part of opening a business. As a seasonal business we have debts until summer, and then all is paid, but there was no call, no notice, no information gathering to support my individual business. Simply a review, and card closed. Customer service was anything but, and they continue to be as unfriendly, cutthroat, profit mongering and unhelpful as they were when I abandoned use of their services years ago. A big mistake to give them another chance.

Bank of America does not care about customer loyalty and has NO flexibility. I made one purchase & paid the entire balance in full but one day late. I call to see about a one time courtesy waive and was told no. So they would rather lose a customer who pays their balance in full for a $26.88 fee? I will never recommend anyone to BOA due to their extreme lack of customer service & flexibility.

I was offered a 0% interest rate on a credit card. The offer states it can be used for items such as home improvements, unexpected debt, higher interest rates, consolidating debt, etc. I wrote a check to myself to pay off a couple of high interest cards. I received a statement and they were charging me 16.74% interest. I contacted them and was told since I wrote to myself the 0% rate doesn't apply. It does not state any where that you can't write to yourself. They told it doesn't say you can. Scam. I have filed complaints with AG office and consumer affairs. Beware of their deceitful practices. I have cancelled all of my accounts with them.

I opened a checking and savings account a few years ago. BA also gave me a credit card with $5000 limit. After a period of time they initiated an increase to $7500. And then they initiated an increase to $11000. They offered me zero percent interest for a year to transfer balances so I transferred $11000 to my BA credit card. After a few months they cancelled my card. When I called, they claimed my balances are too high for that amount of credit. Are you kidding me? I would not have transferred my balances if I knew you were going to cancel my card. I am still paying zero percent on the balance, but this dropped my credit score about 50 points because the amount of unsecured credit is about 80% of my available. That is because BA $110000 shows up in my total amount owed, but my total amount available is $11000 less than it was.

I called, but they gave me the run around. I sent email to their CEO, but as expected no response. I had no recourse but to switch banks. I opened a new account with Chase. The experience so far has been fantastic. My best advice to anyone who is at BA or considering BA, go somewhere else. At a minimum, stay away from their credit card programs.

What a waste of a card. It is declined more than accepted, since Bank of America constantly shuts it down then sends me emails to confirm purchases. But by time I get the emails, it is too late and I must resort to another card. Second, DON'T GET THIS CARD FOR POINTS. Once you book with points, a minor modification of your reservation will cost you a whopping 20% of the points. On a big point purchase [trip] (e.g., a sleeper car) for say 25,000 points, imagine the hit. In my experience, most hospitality providers and airlines do not penalize for modification of point/award usage, but Amtrak does. The Amtrak Card is a ploy to get back many of the points it gave you to sign up for the card.

I had to put a purchase in dispute with BAC, they are useless. After MANY, MANY hours between BAC and the other company (Kaspersky) the anti-virus firm directly deposited the disputed amount into my checking account. So it wasn't Kaspersky that was "blocking the credit" it was BANK OF AMERICA. I finally got so sick of it all that I cancelled the card. Then got talked into "reopening the account" by a rep. in California... They called and got verbal confirmation of what has always been in our records. Now they say "new regulations" state they need evidence of our business corp. status, we've been the same corp. since 2003 and there was never a problem with them sending the statements to our corp... AND, unless you have at least $25 in "rewards" they don't issue a refund. So they won't send us the "rewards" we've earned. I should reopen the account, cash out the "rewards" then just not ever use the card!

I pay most of my bills through online and e-statements. I received a low funds alert yesterday which has never happened before. I immediately logged onto my account only to find that BOA paid my credit cards off twice in the same amount. This created several fees of $35/each and overdrew my account. I called last night and was on hold for 45 minutes, was furious when they finally answered the phone. How can this happen? I no longer have faith in BOA and the online transactions.

So, my wallet was stolen and I lost my debit/credit cards, some cash. I have 3 accounts with Bank of America. One joint account with my spouse, my personal Saving account and my credit card. So when I reported to Bank of America to block my current all accounts and replace my card, they said they are charging $5 for each lost card. Being their customer from a very long time, this didn't make me happy. I am moving to Chase and closing my Bank of America accounts permanently.

I was scammed by an ON AIR TV ad that said Free Vitamin Supplement if you pay only the Shipping and Handling $4.95. When I called the Phone number, the representative asked for my Credit Card to charge the $4.95 and I gave her this. She never once mentioned anything else until I was about to close out the call. At that time she told me I would AUTOMATICALLY be charged $93.61 per MONTH for these vitamins. I immediately told her forget it. I was no longer interested in trying the product, that was advertised as Free. What was Free? My phone call to this company NEWELL?

I was sent the product, even though I told them I no longer wanted to try their product without any documentation, however I returned the product by US Mail. I never thought of getting a receipt when I went to the post office to return the sample bottle (which in my mind according to law should have been free, since I told the Company I no longer wanted to try their produce, but they sent the sample anyway).

I told Bank of America about the Scam. They said "THEY WOULD INVESTIGATE" but never did. The Company itself (NEWELL) gave me a transaction number for canceling these charges when I complained about their SCAM and agreed not to charge me, However, BOA refused to cancel the charges because I could not show that I returned the product with a receipt form the post office. I called NEWELL and they specifically told me that my complaint is with BOA as they contacted BOA and told them these charges were canceled and they returned the funds to BOA according to NEWELL.

I contacted BOA 5 times, and after each phone call when it appeared that they finally understood, I kept getting a letter telling me because I didn't have the receipt from the post office that they could not refund me the $93.61 first months charges, for a product that I never received. All I received was the Sample - a small bottle of about 15 pills - not the 60 required for a months supply. I will no longer use BOA after some 35 years using their card and my Credit score is 820!

4 months ago I decided to transfer my credit card balance over to Bank of America (BOA) because they had an 18 month 0% deal. I was approved and instantly went online to transfer everything. When I tried doing this it was rejected from my old credit card company due to issues with BOA. I called them and they stated they had to send me a check and it'd be here within a week, which they did. I sent that to my old company and thought it was all taken care of. Next month I get something from them stating the check was bounced and that I was being assessed a $25 NSF fee and a $15 late fee.

When I called BOA they stated it was because of me attempting to do the online transfer and that they'd fix it and send a check directly to them. When I asked about the fees they said they'd credit my account. I have tried calling 6 more times since and every time they patch me through to 3 depts. only to say "We'll make a note and let you know in 10 business days". Now the last 2 times I have called they disconnect me after re-explaining the issue. Quite honestly I am fed up with them and would never suggest them to anyone.

Bank of America charged me late fee and interest even though I paid my full balance on due date cause I live in west coast and their banks works with east coast time. I called them and asked why I got charged that and their response was that, "You live in west coast and our bank works with east coast timing." It really pissed me off... I have that Visa signature credit card with them since 2005 with high credit limit and have another American Express credit card with them with high credit limit, instead they offered me another credit card saying, "Sorry we can't help you with late fees and interest but we can help you save money with double cash back card on gas and stuff..." And I said, "Sorry guys I don't want any more cards from you guys plus I'm cancelling my other 2 credit cards." It's totally a scammm.

I've had a BoA credit card for about 25 years with no issues. I've been using their online bill pay to make payments for years, again with no issues. Never been late, usually paid more than the minimum. In March, I scheduled a payment as usual. It cleared my checking account. Then a day after the due date, the bill pay app tried to withdraw a second payment from a checking account I closed four years ago. I noticed it, called BoA to find out what happened. The BoA rep insisted that I scheduled the second payment, even though I pointed out (repeatedly) that I had scheduled a payment before the due date from my current account, so why would I schedule a payment for after the due date from a closed account? He said he'd open an investigation, and that I would hear from BoA soon.

Never heard from BoA. In April, the same thing happened again. I called again. Got a different rep who also insisted that I must have scheduled the second payment from the closed account. This rep did, however, tell me that she had deleted all the information on the closed account from BoA systems. And she also promised to open an investigation. In May, the same thing happened a third time. But before I could call yet again, I got a letter from BoA saying that they had closed my credit card account because of the three returned payments. I still don't know what happened, and apparently BoA would rather lose a 25-year customer with a stellar payment history than admit there's a problem with their software or a glitch in their system or something. Not only is it upsetting to be accused of intentionally bouncing payments, BoA's action is also hurting my credit score.

I left BoA 6 months ago because they had finally screwed me enough times. I went to another bank but still had a credit card from BoA. For 3 months they took a payment from me on my new bank's debit card online. Then suddenly they wanted me to send the blank check to verify the account that they already accepted. So last month I went to a branch to pay my bill and they accepted my new bank's debit card for payment no problem. So last Saturday I went again to pay on my BoA Credit Cards and this time the same teller told me she couldn't do it if I didn't have a checking account with BoA. My God I just want to pay my bill. Why are they making it impossible. So BoA can rack up more late fees and service charges. The same old game. This time I am filing a complaint with the BBB, the States Attorney Generals Office and looking for a lawyer. Bank Of America is the worst bank ever!

Just off a call with BOA. Did you know that if you (or BOA) changes the card number that BOA will give out your card number to a previous vendor WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!!?? No joke. If the card is no longer valid, and an autopay vendor calls in, even if you have cancelled service with the vendor, they will give out the new card number to them! I was stunned when they told me this. This is a corp card with $100K line of credit and they give out the card number, are you freaking kidding me!!??

In this day and age of fraud they take a vendor word for this??? And now, to find that BOA is actually giving out our new card number!! I told them for this account I wanted this policy to stop immediately and they said this is policy and cannot be stopped??? They said it is up to us to file a fraud claim to dispute thereafter if you had cancelled service with them. WHAT A JOKE!

A few days ago, I was trying to book six airline tickets to Detroit for our son-in-law's ordination. I spent three hours online to work with Allegiant Airlines which seemed to be a great deal at the time. At the last step paying the bill, Allegiant kept declining my cards, from Chase, Regions Bank, and BOA. Allegiant wanted me to apply for its own credit card, so I gave all my credit info again to Allegiant. Somehow, it did not close the deal and give me confirmation on the airline tickets. Immediately, I realized this could be a scam; and closed all transaction right away. The next day, I had to call all three banks to close my old cards with them to avoid leaking of my credit info...

Regions and Chase closed my accounts and sent me a new card right away. BOA did not advise me to cut up my card and just told me that they will block the charges...However, today I open up my BOA account saw a $59 charge by Allegiant who was going to send me their credit card. I did not buy their airline tickets, therefore, there is no to keep another VISA card. Today I call customer service at credit card department of BOA to explain my situation. The person on the other end told me that BOA monitors Allegiant credit card account and she was trying to sell this credit card. I got so upset and told her the bad experience that I had with Allegiant. I told her to read the reviews on Allegiant airline and find out the truth on her own...

I don't think BOA should team up with Allegiant at all. A bad company will drag you down. But what frustrated me the most was that the customer service person did not even care nor listen to my problem. She kept telling me to close a credit card will lower my credit score and wanted me to keep it... Wow, I have had BOA accounts for more than 40 years now. But the big company does not care anymore and is going down in a hurry... I will close my BOA accounts ASAP.

I lost my credit card over two months ago in another city, and someone tried to use it for fraud charges. Although Bank of America was good about dropping the charges that I asked them to, it all went downhill when I attempted to get a replacement card. The bank said that they would automatically send me a replacement, and it should arrive in 7-10 business days... Then over 15 business days passed. I ordered a SECOND replacement card, with the same results. I was forced to order a third replacement, and when I saw that this card didn't appear as well, something was up. I went to my local branch, and they said that my address was apparently undeliverable. It had been over a month and a half, and the bank was receiving these cards back to them that were undeliverable WITHOUT even reaching out to me about it, so I have been at a complete loss.

As a college student, I can honestly say that I do tend to rely on my credit card a little more than most, but I patiently waited over two months for this replacement. I'm extremely upset at the way they handled this, because they should have reached out to me the first time the card came back to them as undeliverable. In the end, they said they would order a fourth replacement for me that will arrive in (you guessed it) 7-10 days. Terrible way of handling it, Bank of America.

I had two credit card accounts with Bank of America (Master and Visa cards). When I checked my card status, it's showing closed. My credit score is >750 and 100% payment history so far. I called the customer service and checked. They are not giving me a proper reason for that. They are just asking me to open a new account. Poor service and bad experience with BOA credit cards.

Got a new credit card for travel abroad. Was told I had to open online banking in order to get PIN promptly. Went to bank. They also called in, learned that PIN had to be set up online. Worked with very helpful staff there for 2 hours, without success. Then was told that PIN cannot be set up online! Conclusion: totally incompetent company. Go elsewhere for your banking.

Compare Credit Cards