2. Finance

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Based on 1,484 ratings submitted in the last year

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have a Visa Card I choose while in college. It has a set 3% interest rate as long as it is in good standing. It is my go to card. I usually pay my cards off monthly. It saves me so much money compared to other companies. I recommend this card.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Overall good credit card, no fees for joining and they work with you if you're having financial issues. The only negative is they need to provide more award incentives especially to long standing customers. Good customer service when trying to contact them.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I love Bank of America!! I have been with them for about 10 years, and everything feels so easy there. No hassles. Their customer service is outstanding. I can say without a doubt when I "press 1 for English," I really get English. It is such a pleasure to deal with them.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I charge everything that I buy to this cc. The rebate is great plus they keep a very tight eye on the account. If they notice anything unusual going on in the charges you are notified immediately by an email. To reopen the acct. personal questions are asked. No ssn or bank acct nos. Excellent watchfulness. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 23, 2020

As someone who lives abroad and travels often, I really love that my Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card has no foreign transaction fee, rewards me for all spending, and rewards me even more for travel-related expenses. The rewards can be redeemed as cash or a credit on your statement (for the best value) which is as good as cash to me! The online platform is easy to navigate and offers the option to schedule credit card payments so you never miss one and aren't charged late fees. You can also set up various alerts that can be sent to your phone or email when there's suspicious activity or just for purchases in general which are super helpful when you're traveling.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

When applying for the card I explained that I needed a high limit for the card I chose. Bank of America assured me that once I received the card I could raise the credit limit. I asked if being a new customer would affect raising the credit limit and was informed as long as I have good credit and income it shouldn't be any problem. Once I received the card I asked for the credit limit increase and was sent a letter in writing that due to being a new customer your request it denied. I even asked this question prier to getting the card.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I have been a card holder since 2006. The bank was not originally charging any fee to use Venmo and then started to charge a fee without giving proper notice. IN the time of covid the fees on the statements escaped my notice and when I noticed I called to see if they would take the many $10 fees off. They agreed to remove 1 of about 40 fees and got pretty rude. I told them I would cancel the card and they did not care. I read that no other bank charged the fees. I have cancelled the card. I do NOT recommend using this bank for any credit cards.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Just received a letter in the mail notifying me that they cancelled my card (for inactivity.) I've never been late and have good credit. In my opinion the letter was cold and just plain offensive- I don't feel valued at all and wouldn't recommend.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Visa doesn't care about doing things correctly. I am continually getting communications for customers of BoA and I'm NOT a customer. They do NOT validate emails that customers enter and assume they are correct. What's worse is that they don't notice or even care. I called their 800 number once and was told they wouldn't help me. So I'm posting the information here as BoA and VISA do not care that I have the PII and thus everyone in the world should as well since I am forced to see it constantly.

Bernie **, Visa ending in **
    Carl **, Visa ending in **
    Eric **, Visa ending in **
    Heather **, Visa ending in **
    Natalie **, Visa ending in **
    Roger **, Visa ending in **

Ann **, Visa

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Happy new 01/01/2021 a new year full of brand new complaints since: Bank of America locks you out of your online banking account. They say that I have signed in from a different place, that's obvious since I have my own apartment but sometimes I sign in from my parent's apartment. Now I'm locked out of my online banking, and I can not use my money. I can not check the balance, I can not pay the balance and I can not check the account activity. Nobody knows what's their secret email address. You can contact them by phone but they are like a simple answering machine.

Bank of America author review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information