Bank of America Credit Cards
1.05/5
  • 1 star
Based on 98 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Bank of America Credit Cards

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

1620 Bank of America Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

So a few nights ago I went to a BoA ATM to deposit some cash into my account, while at the ATM I realized the reposting transaction was taking a little longer than normal. Next thing I noticed the ATM was saying out of service and then it started to reboot. I immediately called the number on the ATM to report an issue, waited on hold with no answer. During this time I was still at the ATM waiting for it to reboot so I could hopefully get my card back out. Sure enough after a 30min wait (actual time) it rebooted and no card. After being on hold for 40 minutes I got a rep. only to lie to me basically. She told me unfortunately I could not get my card back, I would have to go to a branch to request a new one. Well I work 8am to 8pm basically so my chances of that are impossible. I told her that, "Oh well we can mail you a card but that takes 3-5 business days."

Note all my money was in my checking and savings account that I now have ZERO access to! She ended up telling me, "Oh you can go to a virtual teller ATM" and withdraw ALL my available funds. The nearest one was 19 miles away. I drove to it only to be told they needed 2 ID's with I said, "Okay I have my DL and a major credit card." The teller told me it HAD to be a BoA credit or debit card!!! Knowing that my card was just taken by the ATM! She talked to a supervisor and told me okay but they can only give me a certain amount out of my account because I will hit my daily withdraw limit. She insured me I can go back the next day to withdraw more. I was okay with this. Took what I could and waited for the next day. So after work once again I drive 19 miles to this virtual teller ATM and went through this process again.

Only to be told a different story. That since I did not have an ATM card and my major credit card is enough proof with my DL I cannot withdraw ANY MONEY! Even though the night before with a supervisors permission I got money out! She continued to argue with me that she had no idea why they were able to give me money because they cannot through their system. So I wasted my time, my gas. Putting 19 miles on my car one way for no reason. Glad I Zelle'd money to my husbands Chase account and canceled my BoA account for good! I am now happily banking with Chase and never again deal with Bank of America!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of Bank of America for many years. I have five separate accounts that vary from savings to a Preferred rewards Credit Card. Due to a layoff and divorce, last year was financially tough. I had a $5,000 credit limit on my BofA credit card and used it for a short time to live which ran the total up. Having gotten things straightened out, I was able to pay the balance off this month. At which point BofA decided to drop the credit limit to $1,500. REALLY? Being "punished" for paying off a card???

When I called them to question it they said "I wasn't paying enough each month". (I'm not kidding). I asked them to please check their records because I intentionally pay a little more than the minimum every month, and never late. She checked and did agree that the records show I pay more than the minimum. She would not however, reinstate my credit limit.

Bank of America CLEARLY doesn't value my business. I don't know if there has been a change in management or what but I was never treated this way in the beginning. Believe me, they are HAPPY to take my deposits every 15 days. I will be moving all of my accounts and money to a different back that appreciates their customers. I know this is not a drop in the bucket to BofA but at least it makes me feel a little better and I won't feel like just a number any longer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I set my account up on auto pay to never be late. Ok. That worked great till I paid it off and now they just keep taking the money out every month when I don't have a balance. I have to call to get my money back and it takes 6 to 10 days. The last time it was over 1000 Dollars then they said that I paid it twice in the same day. I'm going to cancel the card once I get my money back and NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The customer service rep refused to waive my late fees saying that they only allow one waivement in one year. My payment is not even due for this year so I've not had any late fees. I called again to talk to another rep who told me that no limit exists so each waiving is up to the rep. So the cs supervisor lied to me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I filed a claim against Target with my Bank of America MasterCard in November 2017. They issued a credit to my account and a letter to confirm that they were investigating. Then in early January 2018, I noticed a deduction (the former Target charge) back on my account but no letter in my BofA message center to explain about the results of their investigation. I had to call them to find out what they found out. They provided me with a tracking number. I knew I could not check this until my conversation with the claims person was over and I said I might have to call back if I was not satisfied. He replied that the window of contesting their decision was over. My reply was "how can you expect me to contest within this window when you never even provided a letter to tell me of the results of your investigation"? He hung up on me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My wife signed up a credit card through Bass Pro Shop. It was a BOA credit card. We recieved the Bass Pro membership card but never got the credit card or anything from BOA. We contacted BOA customer service to get the account information. After several minutes of trying to explain that we never received anything from BOA we were told that unless we had the account number they could not talk to us. We told them that we had a balance and wanted to pay in full and close this account. Again unless we had the account number they were unable to help us. I have never had any dealings with BOA in the past and once we ever get this handled we never will again. I only charged $11.00 on this account which by the way was done without an account number. I expect this to cost a lot more to ever get cleared so they don’t ruin our credit. CROOKS and CON ARTIST! Are running this business.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Wanted to transfer a balance from a credit card that I charged expensive car repairs on to a lower interest credit card and thought I would go with the BOA Americard due to the lower interest and 15 mo 0% interest on balance transfers that they advertise. Well, what a joke! I have a pretty good FICO score of 750, solid income, only 1 credit card with a balance and 4 others that I pay off every month, 2 homes and 2 cars that I own outright, so what does BOA want??? They denied my app and offered me a secured CC at 26% interest. What a ** joke!!! I will never deal with this bank!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Found a nice offer to transfer a balance and save on interest. They only accepted part of the transfer total and now I am not consolidated to one card which was the point. I have a small amount of debt and strong credit so. The options were not great and at best they said they would have to do another hard inquiry to apply for a higher limit. First and last time I will bother with BofA. USAA is far better!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I have been disputing an unauthorized charge by Nationwide INS, since July of 2017. I put a block on my account which was to avoid Nationwide from ever being able to take one more unauthorized penny. Well, the first guy did his job, but the second guy that had to finalize the block did NOT. Which led to Nationwide taking out MORE unauthorized money. I gave BOA all of the proof they needed to show that I canceled and that there is a HUGE LAWSUIT between Nationwide and I, and they STILL say because the time ran out for THEM to get their money back from Nationwide, I AM LEFT HOLDING THE BAG OF POOP THEY MADE!

I was told during the last 4 months of this nightmare, that BOA was going to protect me as the consumer and their client of 15+ years and ensure that I got all my money back due to it being their error in not putting the block on. However now they say, “Oh yeah too bad. We will not do anything. Go fight with Nationwide!” Well, WHERE IS MY 100% FRAUD PROTECTION? WHERE IS MY CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE? Why are their agents allowed to screw up and tell lies and they don't have to honor what was said by them and even noted?

This is the first of numerous complaints that I will be filing. I will also share this situation with all of the banking protection centers. I will be filing with the FTC, the FCC, the AG of every state that I have spoken to an agent in. Which I have all of the info from them. I will be filing with my bank here in SC. I will be sending this info to the CFPB. I am even going to tweet this to our Pres. who is NOT a fan of BANKING BULLIES! Just ask Wells Fargo. I am not going to accept that they are allowed to do this to me and all of their other victims that they have abused their power position to do this too! Christopher in Tampa, who is supposedly a manager of that claims center, well Chris, you have been rude to the wrong girl, and BOA you have wronged the wrong client! They also said they don't care if we take all 4 of our accounts to other banks! That is how much BOA cares about their clients.

The best part is that my case with Nationwide, is almost over and the amount of my award is between, 15,000,000 and 135,000,000 all of which BOA will never see a dime of! They are not allowed to refuse a client a rightful dispute! Just because they messed up and did not process the block on their end does not allow them to take it out on me! Nope!! I encourage all of us, with these kinds of issues to use our voices and let it be heard! There is much more power in numbers against these abusers of power, and billion and trillion dollar bullies! We have rights just as if we had their kind of money!

My kids should suffer and not be able to get a Christmas gift because BOA wants to hold up hundreds of dollars of my money?? No, Nationwide is not going to team up with BOA and get away with it. I will add BOA to the case if I need to! Nationwide, killed my 50-year-old sister, and is trying to get away with it, and now BOA is teaming up with them, and protecting them!! Not with this person!! Nope, I will do all I can to ensure the world knows they support murders and not their clients of 15+ years. NOR DO THEY FOLLOW THE RULES OF THEIR WRITTEN GUARANTEE TO PROTECT THEIR CONSUMERS FIRST! So BOA, get ready because this is the first of tons of complaints you will answer for! Very angry BOA client, about to be a past BOA client!

Oh and on 11-09-17 my messages say that they are unable to pay my claim, yet on 11-14-2017 one of their agents assured me that my full claim was going to be paid and refunded back to my account within the next 24-48 hours. Then when they did not, I spoke to another agent who assured me in my BOA here in SC that the full amount would be put back in 24-48 hours and that was on Dec, 13, 2017. Well again now Dec 26, 2017 they say that they never planned on that and I am a liar. Yet is it all in the notes! They are allowing their agents to say and do whatever they want and not be held accountable, but their clients are held helpless due to their lies and deceit! THANKS BOA FOR BEING SUCH A HORRIBLE COMPANY AND PROTECTING MURDERS LIKE NATIONWIDE!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Honestly if I could give it 0 stars I would but I had to give one. Originally if I knew how pathetic BOA was I would have never applied for it. Now I'm telling all my family and friends who is considering to AVOID! I just opened my acct and w/in 3 months they closed my acct w/out contacting me firsthand to discuss it. NEVER am I ever late on any of my cc payments nor with any of my other cc companies. Called them and they had the nerve to say because I had balances on my other acct and it was a risk to their company. Really? If I have accounts with Amex, Disc, Citi, Chase and Cap One and none of them have ever closed my account or threatened to instead increasing my CL why would a company that filed for bankruptcy do it? If I was a risk I wouldn't be approved for a mortgage loan either.

The customer service is terrible and come up with poor excuses because they do not have a real legitimate explanation for what they have done. There's always a long wait to speak to someone or you have to schedule an appointment. Seriously? Lol. This company is a joke. I'm paying it off. Glad it's 0% interest and I'll RUN not walk far away from this company. If anyone is looking at applying for a credit card or banking with them DONT. I repeat DONT. You'll regret it. They have all these stipulation at their bank because they tried to have me changed my direct deposit from my current bank to theirs. There are plenty of better cc out there with great intro interest rates and rewards if that's what you're looking for. STAY AWAY FROM BOA!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I filed a claim on my Bank of America credit card in November 2017. My card was stolen and I report my card in right away. There was 5 charges on my account that was not made by me. They never put on my fraud claim on the charges that my card was stolen. My claim was not approve because they said my card was present when the charge took place but the card was reported stolen. The rep that did my claim filed it wrong. I have complain to Bank of America. They claim the reason opened my claim on Dec 7th and correct the problem but meanwhile they're expecting me to pay for charges I didn't make and take no responsibility for my claim be filed wrong.

Have called and talk to like 5 reps regarding this and they seem to have no clue what to do. This is very poor service and they don't stick with their zero fraud liability thing or correct their mistakes. Still waiting on seeing if problem is going to be corrected but will not do any more business with this bank in the future. Over 792 in fraudulent charges I am paying back at this point for their mess up. Don't deal with this bank. They are crooks and don't know what they're doing.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Have had a high credit limit and the payments were on auto pay. Received a letter stating that they have lowered my credit limit due to the fact that I have late payments with either them or other related credit cards. Since all my monthly payments are set up on auto pay I knew this was wrong. I was told to view my credit report which I did and there are no late payments anywhere. My last payment to them was taken out in November and the next isn't due until December but they have that marked as being late. Challenged it thru the credit agency and will be paying off this card and dropping them at once.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

If you are considering a Bank of America credit card STOP right now. You may have a disaster waiting to happen. My name is Carmen **. On September 19, 2017 my beautiful island of Puerto Rico was hit by the catastrophic Hurricane Maria. Our whole island was torn to pieces, houses destroyed, all electrical poles on the ground, no water sources, no jobs, food at a minimum, etc. During this devastating time all banks gave Hurricane Maria victims payment relief for the first 3 months after our hardship, but that was not the choice of BOA instead, they added late fees, made daily collection calls, harassed me and had no compassion for those who had lost everything in Puerto Rico. The name America is too big for them. They ruined my credit score from 8+ to 711. Hurricane Maria put a knife in my heart but Bank of America put the knife in my back. You can't even begin to imagine the suffering they put me thru.

It was bad enough that I was out of a job and couldn't pay my bills on or ahead of time like I was used to. They didn't even take that into consideration. BOA will not be there when you need them most. You may be submitted to more suffering after something in which you are not in control of happens. This will not last forever and as soon as I get passed this I will be cancelling all BOA cards. I do not wish anything bad for BOA but, you never know, today it's me, tomorrow it may be them and I just hope they get the same treatment they gave my people of Puerto Rico and myself who are Americans - US Citizens. DO NOT RUIN YOUR FUTURE WITH A BAD CREDIT CARD CHOICE. All other businesses made a difficult situation more manageable EXCEPT BANK OF AMERICA.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was in Europe for my brother Funeral, made the reservation and when I got there they were closed so I had to take a taxi to a different city at 2:30 am. When I come back the next time to pick up the car, they run my credit card without going over any term and conditions then try to sell me a optional car Insurance which was about 11-14$ a day. I declined then they ask me for 5.000.00$. When I heard about the number I figured it was a scam immediately, no one ask or give to a stranger that kind of money.

I told them that 5.000.00$ it's not a reasonable amount to rent a little 20 yrs old car. The person who run my card said that I either give them 5.000.00$ or I don't get a car. I immediately call my credit car fraud department and reported right then because they were refusing service without that 5k$. I was in a different city left in the middle of nowhere and getting ripped off. I immediately called local police and they came over and also made a statement. I was on the phone using international minutes which were limited so I decide to deal with the issue when I come back to U.S.A. So coming back here I open the claim how I was refused service and got my card charged for nothing.

After several weeks I got a notification on the mail from. Bank of America that it can not be disputed because they don't refund money on cancellations. I try explain to them that I was not willing to cancel any contract, I need it the car to get around but this people refuse service and charge my card without even bringing any car to the lot at all. It wasn't any cancellation from my side and Bank of America claim department do not wanna help or deal with this issue, they try to put a 410$ on my balance to pay to the people who ripped me off , they don't even wanna hear it that this economy rent a car in Romania scamming people and there is complaints all over internet about it, Bank of America is not on customer side and don't wanna acknowledge and take in consideration anything I said.

I thought it was a good company that stands by their customers and I was wrong, what a shame, we do live in a civilized country, they should take this things a lot more serious. Bank OF AMERICA, I DONT TRUST EVER AGAIN!!! Very important also, the contract I signed those not refer to any 5.000.00$ agreement at all, please read it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was scammed by Songbird and immediately canceled my order notifying B of A Mastercard immediately with my cancellation number. I was billed $55. Mastercard honored the scammer and billed me three days later, refused to give me my credit. I refuse to pay and cannot cancel my card because no email is available. My balance is now up to $85. I will die before I pay this charge. B of A ENABLES scammers and does not serve its customers. Shame on B of A.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Very Dissatisfied because BOA did not give me the benefit of cleaning up fraudulently charges on my credit card. I only received 2 trial size products and paid. However they kept billing me for nothing. It is hundreds of dollars now and I was told it will keep increasing. I DON'T want BOA credit card and closed. BOA HAS used my funds without helping me. I have spoken to BOA on the phone and even asked them to stop billing me. What is the best solution? The fake company laughs at me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I tried to dispute a transaction for $592 from a restaurant that I dined at in Italy. Twice Bank of America sided with the restaurant because they provided a signed receipt. I had told the bank that I had never seen that receipt before much less signed it so it must be a forgery and thus a fraudulent charge. I even said that the restaurant has been accused before of this same thing according to their Facebook reviews. I also asked the bank to compare the signatures and to compare it to my purchase history.

I was told they do not compare signatures and they can't compare it to my purchase history because that would not prove that I wouldn't have spent that much. Basically they told me they could not pursue it as fraud because my card was not stolen and because I was at that restaurant at that time. It doesn't matter to them how shady that whole transaction looks and doesn't matter what I tell them to try and back up my case. They just keep telling me that it does not prove that I did not order that much food or that I did not sign that receipt. This bank is terrible and will not help their customers at all. Do NOT bank with them!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Do not spend your time here. I have numerous cards and never late on payments. All my other cards are increasing my limit from 2k to 6, 9k to 15k etc. But my BoA Visa Sig was 6k from the gate and I never missed a payment and they just canceled it, I had a 3k balance. I called right away to give updated income and to explain and for an explanation from them but was denied the option of keeping the card open. The main reason they cited was having multiple other cards with balances. I have balances at 40% mostly on cards with zero interest but normally pay cards down within the monthly period.

I have a car payment and two house mortgaged one of them being a rental that is cash flowing. Debt to income is great 200,000 yearly. Dana at BoA doing the reconsideration said they are a very cautious lender which I can understand but why issue a card if you will then take it away when I have no late payments across all my loans from car, house, to cards. I will never waste my time with BoA again and will suggest to anyone that will listen to consider using other great option rather than spend energy here to only end up with a closed account on your credit report if we can go with a company that cares about you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have had repeated security breaches on my credit card. Each time I get a new card, it causes considerable time to change my information. Including an automatic payment. Customer service does not offer help to the customer to do this. Bank of America has no desire to working with Visa to stop the constant breaches. I have had to change multiple cards.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I called to get the balance on my credit card and was provided an amount. I PAID the exact amount that was provided. The following month I received a new bill in the mail with INTEREST to be paid. It is unclear to me why and where this interest came from. If the system tells you WHAT is due and you pay it there should be no additional charges. I called to dispute this. As the statement CLEARLY indicates that the bill was paid in full. I was given the runaround and no one was willing to work with me on waiving this amount. I have paid my bill on time every month, all they would do was talk to me like I was an idiot.

I know from experience with others that they will reverse $38.00 late fees but no one was willing to work with me on a $17.04 interest fee...after the BILL WAS PAID IN FULL. Card had not been used in months. It is my opinion that BofA was not clear and simply unwilling to do the right thing here. BUYER BEWARE IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID HERE.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Why is there a no stars option? I've been an account holder for 12 years with this company. First let me ask if my credit card account has been closed why have I accumulated months of interest? So I had the misfortune of losing my wallet. I know a replacement debit card is $5. My DL, BC, SS everything was in it. I went to the branch that I've been going to for years explained my situation and nothing. I had my old DL. All the info should be the same except the dates right? Guess not because if they enter the information the system will not accept it. I know for a fact the dates on the DL I just lost, starts on my birthday this year and expires 7 years later. So I could not do anything for 4 days. All I had was $2.50 in my cup holder. They told me to call for an express card that will be next day delivery. $15 charge that put my account in negative. Next day turned into 3.

Moving on, it's only been within these past few months that I find myself calling the service department too often. I've gotten four unauthorized recurring charges within the past two weeks. Not sure how this could happen because I did not provide account and routing numbers to these companies just old debit info. Quite strange that after months of no issues when I get this new card the problems just keep coming. After the first recent issue I put a stop payment causing my account to be even more negative. If the unauthorized payment already caused your account to be negative why would the bank not wait until the funds were there before they put in a $30 charge for stopping future payments? You're the bank and you can't stop this charged that was just submitted 2 hours ago. It takes longer than that to process.

Anyway after that two weeks later there's another charge from the same company... but because they entered "different identifier" I need to pay again for another stop payment? What? As for the other two instances, subscriptions that were set for cancellation. One was cancelled in September even now that I'm thinking about it. So how is this happening? What's stranger is when I go to the account page with these charging companies, they have my new card info but again I just got this card within the past month and have been tight with using this new information for this very reason. If you ask me BOA is cahoots with these businesses. After reviewing so many similar complaints on numerous websites within the month if October alone. There's something not right with this company.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My father, who is 79, has a credit card that was opened and charged without his knowledge. Together we spoke with BofA on 10/17/2017 (800-732-9194) and Alex informed us that I was added to his account to assist, as his daughter and POA. Thereafter, I tried to request copies of the bank statements and was told I must go into a branch with POA. I traveled from Alabama to Pensacola and met with a BofA representative after 30 minutes to no avail. He said the POA has to be "certified". The POA was created by an attorney and executed before witnesses with notary and he said it would have to be mailed to Texas and it would not be accepted as it was not "certified."

I called today (after 20 minutes on hold) to ask for a MAILING ADDRESS to send a written request for this information for my father and was told by the Customer Service Department that they COULD NOT provide me with any information about the mailing address to request copies that I had to go into a branch and there are NO branches in Alabama. My Father is in a nursing home, I have POA and I'm trying to get this resolved and have received NO assistance from BofA, even after my Father told Alex on 10/17/2017 that it was acceptable to discuss the account; but the representative today (11/3/2017) indicated this was not outlined on the account?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have been a cardholder and customer for over 15 years. I recently was traveling extensively in South America and found that BOA had a bizarre charge on my account. I did not see my email account or statements for a few months. I was contacted by phone from one of my other credit cards to say that BOA had sent a very negative report and affected my credit rating. I never received a call from BOA. In checking this out, I found that an inappropriate charge of $38 was charged to my account.

In May a card fee was charged to my account for $59.00. I didn't know that credit cards still do that. Upon my return, and getting a chance to respond to my other credit card companies, I found that my balance is now $251.00 and a credit revoke is on my account. Needless to say, it is beyond dismaying. I have just spent an hour on the phone; first with collections who transferred me to dispute who found out that no one is available on the weekends in credit. Bank of America has $2.25 Trillion in assets and cannot supply customer service on the weekends. They had all my contact information, cell phone #, home #, and never bothered to call. 15 years with car loan and credit card... They made their money off of me. Other card companies called to say something had affected my credit rating. And they call when they see an odd charge. Not BOA. Still unresolved. Angry in PA.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

BOA canceled an online approved transaction 8 hours after it had been approved. I lost the purchase and had to reorder using different CC. Lost place in line and now will receive the product with 4 week delay. I cut up the card and immediately cancelled. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

One after many calls and spending at least 8 hours on the phone with them, I was defrauded by a company. The bank did nothing to take into account my side of this situation. The owner of the company that defrauded me has been in jail. I have since closed my account with them. I would not recommend any interaction with this bank.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been a Bank of America customer for 9 years. My mother was a customer for 30 years. I recently been trying to update my iTunes billing info because it ask me every month. This week it didn’t go as accordingly and keeps saying card is declined. I have finally got in touch with an associate and was told it could be the provider. I called Apple after hanging up with Bank of America to see what could be done. 4 hours pass and I call today October 26 2017 and I was waiting for another associate to tell me what was going on with my card. 20 minutes later he tells me I’ve been on a 24-hour lockout that started today. I am a working citizen and it takes me 1 whole hour to drive to work. I asked him if there was a resolution to this issue and I was denied any help. God forbid my car runs out of gas and I can’t get home. They would be held responsible.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Had an unrecognized charge of $500 in my credit card account in April 22, 2017. I called the bank, dispute the fraud, charge goes back to my favor, got a new card. However a month later, I received a letter stating I’m the benefit of this transaction so the money bounced back to my account and I’m responsible to pay it. I dispute the 2nd time with proof (I have another credit card by BOA, and I use that more often), with certify mail. Got a letter from bank, saying I will hear them back in 30 days. The transaction is made in Florida Universal Studio, and I live in LA, never been to or plan to go to Florida. I have not received any email confirmation regarding this transaction either.

After 30 days, I hear nothing back from bank. I called again, they closed my case without acknowledging me!! So I dispute the 3rd time! On August 11. I asked why they close my case without acknowledging, and I have the right to ask for proof. The rep told me it was done online, and the info matches me, so they didn't went into my favor and decide to close my case. Different rep give me different story! Another rep told me she cannot see this is an online transaction. So I decide to talk to universal studio, and the customer service check my info, they said they never received a payment from me, by this credit card, by this amount in March to MAY!!!! Universal offer to help me to talk to the bank, she gave me their accounting department number. Therefore I give it to the bank. The rep said she will let the investigator know, and she has input into their system and she said the investigator will call me back.

Today Oct 26th, I heard nothing. They didn't call the merchandise also! The whole communication and I got the answer are done within an hour. BOA takes 6 months, till today, still didn't resolve it. I even gave them the number, like holding the spoon to feed the baby. This is what they should be communicating with the merchandise not me! I suspect this is how they swallow the customer money, since this transaction didn't go through to the merchandise at all. The investigator maybe a GHOST? Why I cannot reach them at all? I even walk into the branch, talk to the manager, they cannot do anything. All rep either gave me a nonsense reason, or gave me a generic answer to tell me to wait. Even supervisor do the same too.

You can never reach to the investigator. Wait 30 days? 60 days? 2 billing cycle? and wait some more? And they will never contact you. It’s like a marathon and see who ever gave up and pay the transaction and shut up about it. They even dare to charge me interest and late fee now too!!! 500 is not a lot to hire a lawyer, but it’s enough to screw me out who just started out in LA.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had BOA checkings account since 2 and half years and also BOA cash rewards credit card since 2015. I was maintaining good balance (asset) on my checkings account (more than $10k since some time) and also using my CC very responsibly (limiting balance below 10%). They never increased my credit limit in the past 2 years even though my credit score is more than 760 (Transunion, Equifax), 780 (FICO). I was keeping my credit usage below 10% and making timely payments (in full) still they didn't offer me good credit Apr and never increased my limit on the CC. When I asked for the limit increase they want to run a hard inquiry on the credit report which I didn't like. My other CC limits are way above it and I never missed a payment and my overall credit usage across all CC is below 10% still they don't do any good for BOA.

I am utterly disappointed with the Apr and limit they gave after all being loyal BOA customer as I am getting married next month asked for Apr waiver to 0% for all the future purchases for at least 6 months as I need to do shopping and all, so I want to use my BOA CC as I have my checkings account with BOA. To conclude, don't look towards BOA for a credit card as it won't do any good (they won't give high limit nor the lower APR) if you already had good score better to check CC like discover, AMEX, CHASE. This is my personal terrible bitter experience with BOA.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

BOA closed my 3 long-term 1 personal 2 business credit cards with balances... Never late. Even paid more than min. due. Been on phone 2.5 hours last 48 hours being transferred around. BOA first said it was security reasons due to possible info breach from "undisclosed creditor" then said it was info from TransUnion... I have Lifelock & watch my accts. closely. No fraud activity... My head is reeling over this because I'm in escrow now on invest property & I was planning on refi my house after close... I'm at a loss over this & what it will do to my FICO...

As I follow the rules and plan miserly to keep a roof over myself & 6 kids' head just when I could see a financial reprieve in the near future after years of careful planning & doing without frivolous whims... This faceless heartless stroke of a key equates instant financial ruin... I could see if I even had 1 late something ugly happening but no lates ever... What's the silver lining. Oh that's right BOA actually said "there's a letter in the mail." How does that help me sleep & eat now... What gives that you get closed out from willingly happily paying your debt. Is paying on time every time no longer a good thing or is that over my G.E.D. reasoning?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have a very bad experience with Bank of America, because my work reason, I travel oversea a lot, so I can't check on my credit card often, and I don't use it that often. Once I check it, I found out, I've been charge $9.99 every month from company named SCRIBD, I don't know this company, and I never take any of their service. I called BOA, they say they don't know either, and ask me to contact SCRIBD, then I searched this company, they don't have a call number to call, only an email, and I sent email to them, they don't reply.

I don't know what to do, and I cannot get my money back, so it force me closed the previous credit card, then reopen a new credit card, and I found the same charge shown up on my new credit card. This is ridiculous, how come this happen? How could they get my new credit card information. And how BOA permit a payment charge without my authorization? And more worse, BOA report a late payment on my credit report, when I try to settle this matter. Now they ruined my credit life, I have been calling them, and they just ignore me.

Bank of America expert review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

• Best for: Consumers who are looking for either travel or cash back credit cards. Also, those who carry a balance and want incentive to pay down their balances.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information

www.bankofamerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use