2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: July 31, 2020

Overall good credit card, no fees for joining and they work with you if you're having financial issues. The only negative is they need to provide more award incentives especially to long standing customers. Good customer service when trying to contact them.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I love Bank of America!! I have been with them for about 10 years, and everything feels so easy there. No hassles. Their customer service is outstanding. I can say without a doubt when I "press 1 for English," I really get English. It is such a pleasure to deal with them.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I charge everything that I buy to this cc. The rebate is great plus they keep a very tight eye on the account. If they notice anything unusual going on in the charges you are notified immediately by an email. To reopen the acct. personal questions are asked. No ssn or bank acct nos. Excellent watchfulness. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 23, 2020

As someone who lives abroad and travels often, I really love that my Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card has no foreign transaction fee, rewards me for all spending, and rewards me even more for travel-related expenses. The rewards can be redeemed as cash or a credit on your statement (for the best value) which is as good as cash to me! The online platform is easy to navigate and offers the option to schedule credit card payments so you never miss one and aren't charged late fees. You can also set up various alerts that can be sent to your phone or email when there's suspicious activity or just for purchases in general which are super helpful when you're traveling.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Read This before you get a credit card from this company or do any kind of business with them!!!! So I got a corporate card with a $29,000 dollar limit about 7 years ago my credit score was always in the 800's my usage was always low and I NEVER paid a minimum payment when the bill was due. When Covid19 hit my Credit Union misplaced a payment and then reported me to the credit bureau and it impacted my score immensely, I immediately called them and they corrected the mistake and sent me an email stating that the late payment report was incorrect and sent a correction letter to the credit bureau and the following month the late payment was gone and my score rocketed back up to 820.

Next thing I know Bank Of America sends me a letter saying they were lowering my credit line to $3,900.00 (please note this is a business card) which was crucial to my business! I call Bank of America and explained the mistake made by the Credit Union, I also respond in writing and supplied a copy of the email from the Credit Union that posted the late payment and admitting to their error, two weeks later I get a letter back from BOA "stating" Sorry but due to the information we got from your credit report we must stand by our decision to keep your credit line at the lowered amount. "Any" person could see the credit report was corrected and there was no longer a late payment shown, and my credit score had returned to normal, so guess is they could care less!

Moral of the story, you are just a number you will never be anything more than just a number to Bank Of America, I am pretty sure the author of the letter sent back to me from BOA never even went back online to see all the corrections. I will now be using my card from Barclay which has a much better interest rate, Higher credit line and people who care. Thanks for reading.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I have been a credit card holder in excellent standing for 16 years and have a very high credit limit. I happily paid off my credit card balance after a difficult time losing my husband unexpectedly. In the 192 months I have had this card I have always paid at least 15 times the minimum payment and ALWAYS on time. My credit score is excellent (800+). Recently I disputed a charge as I didn’t recognize it. They closed my account and won’t reopen it. I went to the bank in person and I’m wondering if they don’t want my business because my interest rate is low and I have no balance. Blood suckers is all I can say. They loved me as a customer when I had a balance but now after 16 years and a zero balance, I am nothing to them. For shame.

Original review: July 15, 2020

It is mid July, 2020 and I am having severe problems using my BofA Credit Card. Never had these problems before. My charges are being declined CONSTANTLY. They say say I have unusual/suspicious activity. This is not true. Some of my declined charges have been placed on the card monthly for over two years. I call the CC Security Depart and they say they have fixed the problem for me, but my very next charge will be declined again.

I have perfect credit and the card has never been out of my control or the subject of fraud. What has changed? What is the use of having a CC that you can't use? I used to get text messages that I could click on to indicate a charge was legitimate. No more. Now I have to call the Fraud Dept and wait on hold for 20 minutes only to or be disconnected by BofA. I have had this card for over 30 yrs. So, last week I went to a new card from Citi Bank. I will be using it now for most of my charges. The BofA Fraud Division has gone nuts and I don't want to be part of the BofA CrazyTown anymore. I want to be able to use my CC again.

Original review: June 9, 2020

During pandemic, I made an online clothing order which apparently never went through (verified this with merchant after not receiving item). I saw charge on my credit card and disputed it. I had an email from the merchant verifying order was never completed (I never received the dress I ordered and order was never verified with merchant). However, Bank of America CLAIMS they investigated dispute and reinstated the charges, even though merchant admits order was never processed. So now I apparently owe money to B of A for an incomplete order.

I was a victim of identity theft 20 years ago, and B of A was BY FAR the WORST institution to deal with. I got the Alaska airlines credit card, unaware they were the bank associated with it. What a mistake. Once I get some sort of resolution to my order dispute, I will be cancelling this card. I recommend everyone steer clear of B of A, there are better banking options available. B of A is unscrupulous and uncaring. Their motto seems to be “the customer is always wrong”.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I did a balance transfer for 0% is paid off by March 2021. That was not going to be a problem for me until the COVID-19 crisis. My husband lost his job so although I can still make payments and make them on time I can’t make the large payments in order to pay off the loan before the deadline. I called and asked them if they could extend the zero percent and why and the answer was just no. Sorry! So if Bank of America is saying it’s going to help its members during this crisis don’t believe it. Unless they’re just helping everyone but me.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Very frustrated with the BA. Clumsy and disorganized telephone system. Every time I need to call, I am transferred to 3-4 people, which are very incompetent, until I get to some who can help me. Very little help with disputing fraud. Takes enormous amount of time, I do not receive any updates on the status of the claim. Falsely advised by a representative to return an item and reassured the shipping costs (almost $50 will be covered by the BA, if the seller refused to compensate me for it). After I paid the amount for a return shipping, I was told by the next representative, that the shipping was going to be my responsibilities. I am waiting for the resolution of this claim and I am canceling any business with BA.

Daniela

Bank of America author review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information