Find a Credit Cards partner

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.9/5 (1577 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

They have reward bonus offered from your saving/checking account. You mean get extra 25%, 55% or 75% cash back. You can choose 3% cash back rate for the category which you shop most.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Bank of America are employees speaking VERY CLEAR & caring correlated with your specified credit-card issues. Because they are all employed within our USA, while additionally receiving very good plans & points upon their specified credit-cards.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have a Visa Card I choose while in college. It has a set 3% interest rate as long as it is in good standing. It is my go to card. I usually pay my cards off monthly. It saves me so much money compared to other companies. I recommend this card.

Original review: April 27, 2021

This bank denied charges made due to suspicion of possible fraud, then unlocked the card. I received documentation from the store, they cancelled my order on the day of denial. This bank states it is keeping the charge pending half a month, stating they released the funds after their denial, (over $1000) stating "the purchase may go through", despite the stores cancellation email. The first bank call said the charge would drop off in 5 days. The second bank call (manager) gave an estimate of additional 5 plus work days, refusing to remove the denial and placing blame/responsibility on the store that immediately cancelled the order after the bank denied it. I do NOT recommend this bank

Original review: April 16, 2021

B of A has been a nightmare over the years, if it wasn't for Alaska Airlines card I would have nothing to do with them. I have had a problem getting my bills so I could pay them on time. I have had payments made to the wrong account a couple of times. Once they fixed it the other time they acknowledged it but still charged me a late fee and interest. My credit score has been consistently in the high 700s and in the 800s. I think I know now why they are so profitable, I pay my entire credit card bills off each month. I figure they don't like that so they duplicitously find a way to charge more.

Original review: April 15, 2021

This is the worst credit card I have ever had in 40 yrs. If I could give negative stars I would. I have spent hours on the phone to unlock my card. I have a credit on this card (transferred from my bank), that is being held for 10 business days and I can not use the card at all until then. I was planning on paying my contractor, but can't use the card. I can't write him a check, because my bank authorized the amount within 24 hours, so the money is no longer in my checking account. So now my contractor has to wait 14 days (yup, that is 10 business days) to get paid.

I have documentation of the cs reps, managers, names, and employees # that I have spoken to, and they have given me conflicting information. I have to say everyone I talked to was very kind and apologetic, and understood how absurd this is, but only a review board could unlock my card, and there was no possible way to expedite this before the 14 days. So my account shows this credit, but I can't use it because it is lock and no one there can unlock it. IMHO, this is fraudulent. I can't wait until the credit goes through so I can ditch this card.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Tried for 10 days to close account. Was instructed to do it over the phone, can’t reach a live person at a branch or the “business center (!)”, can’t hold or leave a message, then call ends with “goodbye”. You are more likely to win the lotto or get struck by lightning than to get help with their “walk in service”!

Original review: March 27, 2021

I had been with Bank of America for almost 20 years. I never missed a payment, I never was late on a payment. When I could I would always pay off my balance in full. 2 years ago I used my Bank of America credit card for a large purchase, and paid as much as I could each month (again, never late, never missed, and always over the minimum required) and after I paid off the entire balance last month, they continued to charge my account interest after the fact. I called to let them know of the error, once it is paid off, there shouldn't be any more interest charges, but they stated there was NOTHING they could do, they were still going to charge me interest even after I paid of the balance in full and on time.

I am not upset about $18, If I really owed them $18. But I don't. The balance was paid off last month. I am upset they would charge me AFTER the balance was paid in full. That just doesn't make sense. Even the operator agreed it made no sense. She could not explain nor defend their policy. I even read on the back of their bank statement that after the balance is paid in full, there would no longer be any interest charges. The operator stated that there was nothing she could do, knowing full well they incorrectly charged me. This is how Bank of America treats a customer of almost 20 years. Just rotten!

Original review: March 6, 2021

I have an excellent credit score, have always paid my bills with BOA on time. Have been with them since 3003. I received my March credit card statement due, payment due 3/3/21, balance $743.28. I paid in full on 2/26/21. BOA debited my checking account a “2nd” time for the same amount $743.28. Called and requested a refund for that amount, it was their error. I noticed my checking account was credited but not the full $743.28. They deducted April’s payment balance of $81 and change! This is 3/6/21 and I haven’t even received a statement yet and payment not due until 4/3/21! Called again and was told that they will only credit back what is on the account and not the 2nd payment they mistakenly took from my account. Very upset, feel this was improperly handled. Deducting a payment when it is not due until next month. Unethical, especially for a bank!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I originally obtained the travel reward card because it has excellent benefits. However, despite their rigorous security procedures (which I always follow), I learned the hard way that a fraudster with limited information can call the bank and reverse my credit card payment to a account that is not mine. This cause my credit card balance to jump to $5500. It took many, many hours to get Bank of America to refund the money. Each time I had to deal with a different employee that was not very smart. There were many false promises by Assistant VPs that it would be taken care of within a certain time. When they finally took care of it (after a week), they refunded the wrong amount and their employees were too stupid to realize it.

I had to go to the local branch, where the manager (who was great) had to spend 90 minutes dealing with the terrible call center - being transferred multiple times. In summary, the people at the local branch are great, but they cannot solve any problems with your account. They are required to go through call centers which are manned by low payed idiots. I am still waiting for them to correct the account.

Bank of America author review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information