2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2020

Bank of America credit card charges interest even though is illegal when a customer pays their entire balance every month. I contacted them. They apologize but still continue to do it. This a company that scams their customers. Do not recommend.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Deceptive interest charges. I recently paid off my entire credit card balance with Bank of America. The balance was over 5,000, I saw my balance on the statement back in March and decided to pay it off and end that. Two months later I still got a new bill stating I owed 59.00 because of interest charges. I called to speak with a rep who told me, "Yeah we bill interest months behind," I asked, "Where is that shown on my statement? It stated on the statement I had that my balance in its entirety was X. I paid X and now you are coming at me with Y." I asked these surprise charges are not cool and they proceeded to tell me they aren't a surprise. I told them they can spin that however they want but this is a surprise charge because the customer has no proof or information on their statement that shows this, mind you I haven't used the card in over 6-8 months so there were no new purchases.

I further told them, "In this time of Covid-19 you have plenty of people defaulting and not paying mortgages, loans, and definitely credit card payments, so you are penalizing me for paying my balances outright." I will never do business with Bank of America again, I had a mortgage with them a while back and will never use them again. Also, I added, I spoke with Discover (paid of another card) and there was a fee balance on there from a service and they waived it because it didn't appear on the statement balance, I explained that to them and they pompously stated "Well I am glad Discover was able to help you with that but, at Bank of America it's not something we can do." - Anthony ** (Manager) Really Bank of America? Do your banking elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2020

This is with regards to the Customer Service of Bank Of America Credit Card named “Raquel of Dallas Office” for being rude and without compassion for a preferred member like me today of April 15th @1:15pm. I called up because I apply a deferral payment of my credit card last April 1st, but I received an email saying that I’m past due with my payment that’s why they can’t do that. I said it’s set up automatic payment to my checking account that’s why there’s no way that it can not be past due! And then she blame me of not canceling the auto payment which I said because I always “trust” the Bank of America. And all I’m asking is to deferred the payment for this month because I need that money for my groceries, in this pandemic time. She said she can only refund my money of $80 for July and asking me about the routing number so she can finalize the refund for July!!

I feel so desperate and so little...and I said...”are you kidding me? Your'e an employee of Bank of America and without compassion of helping me to refund the money so I can use for my food on this difficult time and yet you’re asking me a routing number of your bank employer, only for you to refund the money for July? She got mad. She said that if I don’t give her the routing number she will not work for the refund of the money at all! I’m really disappointed with the way that “Raquel from Dallas” handled my request of refund. Considering that I’ve got a long time relationship with the Bank of America and even upgraded my account status to a “preferred member”. We do not need this kind of a Bank of America customer service at this crucial time of Corona Virus.

I’m very disappointed on how being treated by this “Raquel of Dallas” Bank of America’s Credit Card Customer Service, that when everything’s back to normal, I will take out all of my accounts on this Bank and will also talk to all of my tenants in Florida to transfer their account to other Bank other than Bank Of America. On this very difficult time, we need to talk to a bank employee that are compassionate and kind that will uplift the spirit that we’re experiencing at the present time. Mary Grace A., New Jersey.

Original review: March 30, 2020

A vendor charged my credit card but did not provide the merchandise. When I disputed the charge with Bank of America, they said that I cannot dispute because I signed the credit card receipt. I contacted everyone I could including their CEO but nobody responded to my complaints. Bank of America is a thief bank that only helps rich people. They will take your hard earned money and give it scammers without any hesitation. Stay away from this bank because they will scam you eventually. Do not use their credit cards because there is no purchase protection.

First they said they will investigate my claim but they didn't because I signed the credit card receipt. Next they said that if there is new evidence then to send them. When I sent them the new evidence they completely ignored it and stated that time frame is passed. Meanwhile the person who was responding to my CFPB complaint state that they did review the new evidence but it's not sufficient. The evidence was from the merchant saying that he already provided my refund through the bank but bank of America didn't send it to me. How is it not sufficient to provide me the refund? Bank of America continued to lie throughout the process and did not read any of the evidence. Their Purchase Protection program will only steal money from you. They say that a charge can be disputed up to 3 times, but do not believe them. They will only support scammers. Stay away from this bank.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Had my bank account hacked and went into a branch office to open a new account. The rep opened a new account and sold me on opening a new credit card with them as well. Fifteen minutes after leaving, I reconsidered that I don’t need another credit card, so I called B of A credit card department to cancel the application for the card. The rep tried very hard to convince me that the card was a great deal, but I told her I don’t want another card, I don’t want an inquiry to hit my score, and I’m just going to cancel it ASAP anyways. She insisted that there’s no way to cancel an application once it’s submitted, until it’s officially approved or rejected; she supposedly ‘checked’ with her manager and reaffirmed that it’s impossible, and claimed that she’d worked there 20 years and never seen it done.

Knowing that it can be done (I’ve done it before) I hung up, called back, and got a different rep; when I requested that he cancel my application, he just said ‘ok’, and did it. The first rep LIED...either she lied about working there 20 years (she should’ve known you can cancel an application), or she lied about being not able to do it (either laziness or B of A incentive to promote credit card). And she probably lied about ‘checking’ with her manager while she put me on hold for 5 minutes. Just a hassle, but would’ve been worse if it had hit my credit score and I had to call to cancel a card I didn’t want.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: March 25, 2020

I applied for this card a few months ago, was approved, $8,000.00 credit limit, 0 interest on transfer for a period of time, I transferred money from another card and now have the balance of the transfer almost paid off, I made my monthly payments on time, I have a credit score in the high 700's. The sent me a letter the other day stating that they have closed my account, if there are reward points associated with this account, they will be forfeited. They also stated that "your risk profile no longer aligns with the bank's risk tolerance." What is going on with BOA? I filed a complaint through cfpb asking for answers? I check my credit reports and everything was positive and unchanged since I applied for this card. I will get answers, as this type of treatment should never happen to anyone!

Original review: March 22, 2020

Our small business has been shut down. BofA is offering no payments or late fees until June 15th which is amazing HOWEVER you are PAYING ALL INTEREST during this time. Which as you know more cards are 18-25% APR. This is your idea of assistance. Allowing customers to pay their minimum payment WITH ZERO INTEREST now that is help but for you to suspend our payments and MAKE MONEY ON MY MONEY WHEN I HAVE NONE is a CRIME. SHAME ON YOU. Please do not advertise as assistance for small business because this option KILLS US. How can you do this to your customers when I have suspended collecting ALL rent from my salon stylists you want to collect interest on my money. I will be cancelling your card as soon as I can pay off my debt since you are doing nothing to help. BIG BUSINESS AT ITS BEST.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Don’t bother with Bank of America. They make you go through hoops and have very unreasonable standards to prove any fraud. Ended up costing me more to prove fraud than the actual credit. Go with American Express. Much better protection there and better customer service.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Blackmailed me. I consider them Bank of America Credit Department a criminal. Enjoyed high interest for more than 2 years. When I paid the full amount. A woman in the credit department said, "You have so many other credits card balance, I have to shout down your credit card or lower your interest. Then lower the credit limit by 80%."

I will never recommend Bank for America to anyone in a million years. They are thugs. They put my running business in Jeopardy. Are you kidding when you didn't shut down my credit card earlier? Oh yes, Bank of America was enjoying my blood earning money high interest. Worst Company to waive your fees. Hardly ever waive any fees. Imagine, you are working hard to pay the dues, and regardless you have a normal life or not, Bank of America enjoy your interest and closed your account or lower the credit limit and destroy your business. Shame!!

Original review: March 8, 2020

This is by far the worst credit card I have ever owned. Bank of America always had a bad reputation so I don’t really use it a lot but what a nightmare I’ve had in a short time I started to use it. I’ve been keeping track and it’s been six months where if you call In it’s at least an hour and a half to two hour wait, when you finally reach someone will say, "Yeah the site is down again and there’s nothing we can do," they had to actually refund me money because they took an over payment because their site was down and when I called in the rep gave me the wrong information, and the refund of the money took three weeks, really you're going to hold an over payment for that long? It’s amazing that it’s gone on this long. Not sure where they get the nerve to charge the highest percentage of interest which is why I really don’t use them a lot just in case I end up having a balance because clearly their profits aren’t going to service or even the most basic of upkeep.

Bank of America author review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information