1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Bank of America Credit Cards

We are official Bank of America reps, here to help, listen & learn from our customers.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

1586 Bank of America Credit Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was short on my payoff and the next month I owed $20 and some change. I paid that and a few weeks later I get a bill for $1.50. I guess for interest on the $20 and change. I called customer service to see if they can just waive the fee and end this already. The CSR said, “Let me see about taking care of that.” Silence... then she comes back, “I am unable to take care of that but you can just pay the $1.50.” I asked if I could speak to her supervisor and she put me on hold for just a couple seconds and then said he said no and was too busy to speak to me. I have been with them for over 10 years I would think they could help me out with $1.50 but I guess they really need it more than me. This company really does not care about people. I have had the card for a long time and they have already made thousands in interest on me. Stupid on my end but you live and learn but they really needed $1.50 more. I better not get a bill for interest on that next month!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Why is it that with almost every other credit card setting up automatic payments is painless through their websites? With BofA you have to FAX or snail mail forms to authorize money to be paid from your checking account. Frustrating!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I called to find out why my card was not working; I was informed that my card was "deactivated" because I did not answer a security question correctly (they had the wrong information). The gentleman verified my info and said he reactivated my card. I tried to use the card and when it was declined ($1400 was available). I called the 800 number to find out that he "accidentally" canceled my card. I am out of state, with three kids and no access to my funds. Needless to say, they could not reactivate the card. They could only mail me a card and I wont receive it for 48hours. Stranded, no food, no money, little gas, three kids... thanks a lot Bank of Poop!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I just started using my new Bank Of America Card at in September. My first payment isn't due till next Month in November. I have 18 Months with no APR. Good Deal right? Yesterday I saw my bill for next Month it was under $40.00. I spent little over $400.00 in 3 to 5 days. Yesterday was the first time I saw what my first payment would be in November the amount was under $40.00 for the first payment. This morning I went into my account online and now the first payment is up to $270.00! What? I have a "Discover It" Card and I've gone over $1,000.00 in spending and not once a payment was over $35.00 with no APR also with Discover It for the first 12 Months. How can B.O.A. jump from a $35.00 bill for next Month November first payment to up to over $250.00 first payment in one day? This will be paid off next week in total after I call them today and ask why.

I never saw anything like this in my entire life paying on a credit card Monthly. I was going to pay half of the bill anyways by the due date and pay the other half the next Month. Now? I'm paying it off! Plus the fact you cannot write to them anywhere in a message center on their website where your account is on. You have to call them in order to get a hold of them. I was so irate to see such a high amount to pay for a first payment due. Yesterday when I saw a low amount for first payment which was normal for a payment on a credit card I figured I would have paid half of the bill anyway. But, whoever makes the rules on how much the Monthly payments are is crazy! How can they make up amounts in thin air? I'm going to go with another company after paying this card off next week! No more playing around with this Company again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I live overseas! This year I came to San Francisco for 4 days only to attend the graduation of my daughter. I used the credit card twice, after I left some ** from one of those two places copied my card and used it about 20 times, total $200. I called the fraud department and I told them the card was with me all the time, I have the airlines tickets shows when I came and when I left the US, plus Joel reservation plus passport control. They did not believe me, I am an airline pilot 62 years of age, very good credit. I closed the account with them and was very disappointed. I told them $200 is nothing to me, but it is a matter of principle and moral. I never had this problem before and was really very disappointed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

In early September of 2017 while I was browsing on internet, I saw that Bank of America was offering balance transfer with no fees if you do balance transfer in the first 60 days. I decided to apply for this card and enter the credit card that I wanted Bank of America to transfer the money to. Guess what this bank did? They decided to transfer the money to completely different account and completely different institution. Now as of today 09/19/2017, I owe Bank of America $8000 which I do not know who they sent it to at all. I will file a complaint with Attorney General Office and also will contact my attorney in this matter. Please stay as far as you could from this institution if you do not want to run into such issues.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

EDD uses Bank of America to distribute funds. When EDD notified them that funds were issued to me. B of A failed to send me a new card and told me that they wait for the cardholder to contact them. Then they gave me 2 options... wait 2 MORE weeks to pay my bills or pay $10 to have it shipped to me via UPS. Not really a choice is it? We all know they pay a flat rate for UPS. Why am I having to pay for their mistake in the first place?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I officially hate Bank of America. After locking my card due to 'suspicious transactions' I called to confirm I had made all of the purchases. The problem should have cleared then and there -- but alas! Did they have a wild goose chase in store for me. I received a call about 10 minutes later informing that they were absolutely unable to verify my identity over the phone. In which case, my two options were: visit a branch or send through my passport, driver’s license, debit card and 3 signatures through a humble fax machine. With the nearest branch a four-hour drive, it was a tough decision -- but I chose the latter.

After a joyous hour’s bike ride to the library facsimile and back home, I called in to finally put an end to it all. Taking into account my lack of experience with the ancient fax machine, I believed I had nailed it by faxing my personal documents in multiple different formats. "Let me check if we've received it ma'am." *Placed on a lengthy hold.* "Ma'am, all the copies you sent through are not legible." "Well, what do you want me to do?" There only was one thing I could do. And when you've spent your last $5 cash on bread, desperate times call for desperate measures.

So I hopped on my bike again for another mission and began detecting local businesses in search of a quality fax. It seemed that even the high end facsimiles didn't make the 'legibility' cut. However, I was so kindly informed (after my many missions) that there is actually an online service called MyFax. I was smug with confidence that I could finally get my plastic card back in action now that my faxes were legible... And then, out of nowhere, all my efforts were stabbed in the gut with three soul crushing words: 'debit card purged'. Sorry there's nothing we can do but issue you a new card which will come in 6 business days."

So as you can imagine, by this stage I was just praising the heavens for Venmo and friends. After all this and more*, I can breathe sweet relief that I will never once more have to deal with Bank of America as my account is now closed. Thank you. *Not previously noted: appalling dealings with customer service, close to all daylight hours spent on the phone and three hours waiting for a callback to be informed the department was shut.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER 'SERVE US'. I submitted online 2 weeks ago for travel notice to be able to use my card out of my normal geographic area. I tried to use it (from home) last night to book a hotel room. I was declined due to a question of fraudulent use! When I called customer service, I had to wait 15 minutes to get someone and then was told that there was no travel alert on my account. I was transferred to an automatic phone service to set up my travel notice and although I speak clearly without a regional accent and have a good landline phone, the damn BofA phone system had trouble recognizing what I said. If I have any more trouble with this card, it gets cut up and goes in the trash and BofA will never get me as a customer again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I called to report my Credit as missing tonight. It was about 930 pm on east coast. I was on hold for over an hour for a call that took about 3 minutes. I am furious and will cancel the remainder of my BOA cards. This is the worst service I have experienced with a bank or credit card company. I once had their stock but if I were still owning their stock I would pull out immediately as this company will not survive.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have applied a credit card of BOA in Nov 2016. But I have never received it. It was stolen and misused. I reported the incident to bank. They revoked the fraudulent charges but somehow they have levied $58.13 on my account and every month they are charging me $8 and penalty. This charge is closed but Bank of America charges me. I called Bank of America for 3 hours from India on 29th August but still they have not solved my problem and not made nil balance on my account. Bank has promised me it would be zero balance and they would close my account. But they have not done. I am pissed off by calling them and they is waiting of approximate 50 minutes every time I call them.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I have called Bank of America over 200 times! I know most people exaggerate however I am not exaggerating one bit! 200 ** times! And they still decline my card every 3 transactions to the same ** companies for my business!! Not new transactions causing the declines but the same ** one I have been using for over 10 years!! Imagine having to call Bank of America and be on hold every 3 ** transactions??? They are nothing but liars! The worst ** company I have ever encountered!!! Worst than Comcast!!! Do not use this company ever!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Called the number from the credit card statement for the 1st time to dispute a charge. Spoke to someone right away. But, she was the wrong dept. She transferred me. After holding for one hour, the Gentleman from Tennessee cut me off at 11:10 am PST after I stated why I was calling. Apparently, he didn't want to help me. Called back. Now the call is a 2.5-hour wait per the auto teller. This is NOT customer service. If their phone system or employees are so bad and cuts people off, they should take our numbers and call back, should the call be cut off. That's customer service!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have some major concerns regarding the review and/or investigation conducted by Bank of America (BOA) because a decision was made to close the complaint filed with BOA based on evidence that you received from Bluebell Relocation Services and not the consumer. The first complaint was filed on April 9, 2017, second complaint was filed on July 5, 2017, and third complaint was filed on August 15, 2017.

I'm requesting a thorough and detail investigating in regard to resolving an unauthorized charge against my credit card. I have made several attempts to resolve this claim, however Bank of America indicated that they are unable to retrieve the funds and they are accepting the documentation received from the merchant. I have provided 45 pages of documentation showing facts and pertain evidence about my complaint. I informed the representative at Bank of America that I didn't give permission for the merchant to credit my visa card for $4,635.00. I also questioned whether the merchant provided documentation showing authorization to charge my credit card, however the representative stated that they don't care about the signature and I needed to hire an Attorney.

I have provided documentation to show that the parties in question charged my credit card without my authorization. I received copies of the documentation from Bluebell Relocation that clearly shows that the documents were altered which seems to be acceptable to Bank of America. These facts should have been taken into consideration before a final decision was made to close my claim:

The letter dated August 8, 2017 states that I provided information that was reviewed by someone in the dispute department, however the letter stated that BOA tried to work with the merchant to get the funds back, but all options have failed. I called Bank of America on August 14, 2017 to state that I was not accepting the dispute decision and I provided some additional documentation including the official contract showing that I did not give the merchant authorization to withdraw funds from my account. I thought your loyalty is with the consumer and not with the merchant. The representative stated that once I disclosed my credit card information to the merchant, then it is no longer considered a fraudulent activity.

The letter dated June 17, 2017, July 5, 2017 and August 8, 2017 states that the temporary credit for $4,635.00 would be reversed based on evidence that you received from Bluebell Relocation. Two transactions were charged on my credit card of $950.00 and $4,635.00. I gave authorization for $950.00, but I did not give authorization for Bluebell to charge $4,635.00.

I did not give Bluebell Relocation permission to process charges on my visa card under Regulation E and Z. Therefore, this was an unauthorized purchase initiated by Bluebell Relocation "without actual authority to initiate such transfer." You are in violation of Regulation E dispute process because BOA failed investigate my complaint within the 45-day timeframe.

Bluebell stated they would pack our furniture on March 26, 2017 and deliver the furniture to our new home on March 30, 2017; however, after the first day of the move, the company threaten to keep our furniture unless we paid additional money to get our furniture delivery at the date that was agreed within the contract. I refused to pay any additional funds, but they decided to move our furniture. Later, I found out that Bluebell Relocation charged my card. I immediately filed a police report and I filed a complaint with the Department of Transportation.

The claim was filed on April 9, 2017, but the investigated didn't occur until June 2, 2017. The acknowledgement letter states that the investigation should have taken 45 days to complete which didn't happen, so BOA is in violation of Regulation E because the letter was sent to the Merchant on April 29, 2017 which delayed the completion of the investigation. The bank should have investigated the unauthorized charges within 10 days of receiving notification from me.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

BOA has its customer services totally inaccessible behind inapplicable menu choices both online and over the phone. Now they aren't answering the phone at all, but rather pressing customers to let them "call back" at some later time that is convenient to them. If you decline that option, they torture you with more endless promotion as you wait for an undetermined length of time.

I have what is supposed to be a "Travel Card", yet when needed to use the cash advance option when in an emergency overseas, was unable to access it, and was on hold for 30 minutes (overseas in an emergency...) - a regular customer services rep stayed on the line up to a point, but in the end, their "emergency services" people never answered, even when accessed by one of their staff.

I requested an increase in the meager cash advance option they give because debit cards are evidently becoming a problem overseas. They declined, although my credit rating is excellent and another company just offered 9X what BOA has limited me to in terms of a cash advance option (and the other company offered over 3X more as a credit limit as well). I will be canceling this card on return from this next trip and hope to not have to use them again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Amazing... They issues you 2 credit cards BOA and Allegiant... You use both, pay as requested and some payments more. BUT... because you owe too much for their liking on other credit and no lates, no non pays, no bad marks, but because of that they CLOSE both cards and that is that. That is their policy. I highly suggest you NEVER get a card from them. They are truly not like other companies. I have 20+ credit cards. I pay all of them on time and more than what is owed. We bought a new house that needed renovations. Some things unexpected. Went on credit cards. Now they close. Stay away from them!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Very disappointed with my experience today. I have had a credit card with BOA for years. I don't use it unless I absolutely have to. Today was one of those days. I go to use my card and it was declined due to an unpaid amount. I have never even used this card since its issue to me. Apparently it was a maintenance charge of 50 some dollars that I had no idea about. In order to use my card and to get it reactivated, I had to pay the fee... Which I did. Even having done that, they still said they could not reinstate my card as I am still at my mechanic's garage trying to pay a 1300 charge in repairs. This company left me high and dry trying to scramble and figure out what to do... I have been a loyal customer for YEARS. They lost me on this one. VERY unprofessional and will never use their credit card service again. Pissed off is an understatement for the way I feel how I was treated.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I accidentally paid a wrong credit card ## $700 instead of to my regular paid balance transfer card number. When I tried to correct the issue with BofA, they would not help me and told me that I had to go into a BofA bank and fix it. I deferred to my Schwab bank to help me and will await BofA's thievery to fix this problem. I am almost finished paying off this balance transfer and will NEVER borrow money from Bank of America AGAIN!!! It's too bad that an Italian trying to help common people let his company/bank turn into a conglomerate money-sucking corporate ** machine rip the American people off!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have an HSA (Health Savings Account) with BoA. Although I am limited in what I can purchase with this account, someone managed to hack the account and drain my card of about $2300 in New York (I live in PA) and purchases for taxi cabs and liquor stores were somehow approved. This happened between June 22-25 2017, but I didn't realize it until my card was declined at a doctor's office for a $25 copay on July 10. I called the next morning to report the fraud and had no problems. Within a week they had sent me a new card (useless anyway, nothing on it), and the Dispute Form including the process explanations. I faxed back the list of disputed transactions on July 21.

The form clearly states my account would receive provisional credit within 10 business days of receiving my Dispute form. We are now on business day 13, no provisional credit. I attempted the online chat on August 2 to ask where they were in the process, the agent ended the chat without answering me at all. I have a screenshot of this. So I tried calling, was transferred to Merril ** for whatever reason, and couldn't get a human to speak to me. Tried the online chat again, and was told I was at the mercy of waiting for the merchants in New York to return my money. I asked about being reimbursed for the appointments and prescriptions I am now paying for out of pocket, and was told once the money was in my account, they would reimburse me with that - with my own money. I have not gotten one single phone call or email to let me know what is happening.

Another girl in my office also had her account hacked, we called on the same day to make our reports, they messed her case up from the very beginning by not coding the fraud correctly, and never sent her the dispute form. I copied the dispute form I had and gave it to her, we faxed them on the same day. Last week, they told her the fax number on that form is incorrect. I was never told this, so where did my fax go??

Yesterday, my friend tried to log in her account to see if her provisional credit (which apparently they don't give even though the form says they do) and couldn't get in. She called and was told they made a business decision to close her account. Wouldn't tell her why, that's just it, end of story. She lost $1500, and BOA is doing nothing. So her and I both were not only the victims of fraud, we are now the victims of the inept fraud department, which apparently sends forms with incorrect information on it?

We are now at 4 weeks since the fraud was reported, and nothing has happened. If BOA wants proof I was not in New York when these purchases were made, I have pictures of me at a wedding that weekend in Northampton, PA. Also, I'd bet there are surveillance cameras in drug stores in New York, where $1800 of my money went, and credit card transactions are date and time stamped.

I'm not asking for anything outlandish, I just want my money back! Not only was the security on my card so lax that it was hacked, it was approved for purchases that an HSA account does not cover, and the bank that let this happen isn't interested in fixing it after a whole month. I have now had to cancel 4 physical therapy appointments because I can't afford to pay for them out of pocket, and tomorrow I'm supposed to fill a $340 prescription, yet the card that is supposed to pay for these things is useless. I want someone to tell me what's happening, I want my money back, and I want reimbursement for the money I've been shelling out of my own pocket, including lots of blood pressure medication! I don't think that's asking too much.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have several accounts with Bank of America and never been late. For some reason they closed all my accounts and wouldn't even let me have online access. So now every month I have to call in my payments. My payment on one account was always due on the 4th. This month out of the blue they changed it to the 2nd. So now I have a 50 dollar late fee. This bank is not for me.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Banks chased us to open up credit cards and take equity line of credits- we used these methods tomoaunfor college and a variety of things - always paid, have a very solid asset portfolio and a very very good income. With retirement around the corner and kids college coming to close we started paying off debt- we paid Band of America off over $28,000.00 as with others. All balances to be paid off by year end or shortly thereafter. Keep in mind - nothing changed in years except this debt reduction with cash (not another loan or credit card). We were told by BOA that that large payment generates a credit inquiry and thus - we have too much revolving debt and closed accounts.

Now 29 June they actually increased my credit line but by paying off account I became a credit risk. They made money from me for year. No late payments or defaults or bankruptcies. NOW THEY HAVE harmed me By tanking my credit score by institutional closing of my accounts - I should have chosen a different institution tonoayboffnor better yet not bothered to pay at all as this deliberate malicious intent to cause harm is ridiculous. Funny how they chase you and seem to want the debt.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Bank of America N.A., violated my privacy and disclosed my information to a third party without my consent. They also called me numerous times on a delinquent loan even after it was transferred to another institution, same way they did with reporting it to the bureau, after it was long time settled. I was also not informed that it's being transferred to another company, with no chance to work out a plan. They never reported the account as in dispute. This same company who is regulated by the FDIC and the OCC and has on their back thousands of FDCPA claims, they have a problem when an individual who is not regulated by this regulations, nicely calls up their executives who are responsible for the bank, and have an idea to call it harassment, absurd!

They called me day and night, even after being advised to cease and desist and to stop. Furthermore, they claim they can't delete a trad line per the FCRA, and are stubborn nasty on that more than any other bank out there, even though it's been very close to retention, they won't go above and beyond and will not comply with the good faith and fair dealing act. Bottom line this bank had to pay billions of dollars for all their mishandling mortgages, and other claims, and were bailed out by the government, although it was their fault and negligence, but when it comes to someone else, they are nasty, rude, ignorant. As of today the account is differently being reported to each bureau.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Bank of America has given out 2 credit card accounts with our name on them and someone else's name with very large credit lines within less than 2 months of each other that we did NOT AUTHORIZE! Even though a credit alert has been put out with B of A and the credit reporting companies!! B of A still allowed these credit lines to be created. Unbelievable!!! I would and will never do business with B of A just for this simple fact that they don't care who they are giving credit lines to. Fraudulent or not!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

We have enjoyed doing business with your company for the past eight years and hope to continue to do so for much more. However, I have a present issue with my current Visa credit card. I was studying for the Uniform Bar Exam in New York back in February, and I had to reduce my work hours. Due to a reduction of my work hours I was late in paying my credit card debt. I was rather distraught because I understand the importance of good credit and making timely payments to the bank. I called Bank of America and I told them my dilemma. So, because of my untimely payments, I incurred several months of late payments.

I contacted all of my credit card companies and I told them what occurred and the reason why I was late. All of the other banks agreed to take off all the late payments on the account, and subsequently, I paid the current payment due as part of the agreement. I contacted Bank of America and I asked if I could have the late payments waived and they asked what were the issues and the reason why I was late. I told them once again the reason due to me studying for the Uniform Bar Exam; I had to reduce my work hours. The manager online listened and said that there is nothing that he could do. If I don't pay the late fees the credit card account will be charged off. Now, the late fees have increased. Now I am up to six months in late payments. When I first contacted Bank of America I had two months of late fees.

I am not seeking a handout; I am just requesting the bank that I doing business with to please, HAVE A HEART. I have two children that I have to support and I was able to successfully complete law school and after all those years of banking, I would like to remain loyal to Bank of America and retain the long lasting relationship. Proudly, I opened my credit card account at Bank of America, through your wonderful program, where I was able to open a secured credit card for one year, and then upon my graduation of timely payments the account would graduate into an unsecured credit card. I made all my past payments on time. There were even instances where I brought the account balance to (0) zero on a monthly basis.

I even mentioned to the manager upon my licensure as an attorney in New York, I would be willing to open my escrow account with Bank of America. As a loyal customer of many years, you would think that this would be a deciding factor that the Bank retains loyal customers; to the contrary! I just have to get over this small hurdle and I am requesting that my late fees are waived on my credit card, and subsequently, I will make the monthly payment today. I understand the importance of good credit and making your payments on time, and lastly being responsible, however, due to my reduction in work hours I was delinquent with my monthly payments. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I am so done with B of A!!!! I disputed a 195.00 charge on my credit card from a fraudulent company with an F rating from the BBB and an average one star rating on Yelp, with reviews claiming from the others that the company is a fraud. Yet, B of A gave me no consideration for all of the information I submitted to them which cost me over 12.00 in fax fees (they don't accept emails). I have over 65,000 in my savings account, which I am going to close and transfer to another bank, because I am so done with B of A.

My family has banked with them for many, many years and when my mother passed away, they made it impossible to access her accounts, even with a death certificate and proof of being successor executor to her trust. None of the other banks where my mother banked, gave us even close to the problems that B of A did. The customer service people who work for B of A are completely unqualified, underpaid, undereducated, untrained, and unprofessional. Customer Service is not their priority.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Too bad there is no zero star, worst calling center. Try to contact them couple times, please put on the hold for a long time. When I finally get through and two very unprofessional customer service agent gave me a very very bad attitude when I try to bring up this issue. There is no place or link that you can provide any suggestion and input. I won't use their card again for my own business and going to close all of my bank accounts with BoA.

Original review: July 16, 2017

On the back of my credit card it has a number for "24-hour customer service." I did not know that 24-hour customer service did not include all of the hours in an earth day. Their damn robot could make Santa Claus commit suicide. What's the point, they don't care what small customers think.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Filed travel notice for a trip from the US to Bangkok, Thailand for a 2-month notice. 3 weeks in they froze my account due to "suspicious activity." I tried to connect to live chat, they now charge $20 for that service. The international phone call has to be only from a landline, not a payphone. I followed their procedure and now they are ruining and screwing up my vacation. THANKS, BANK OF AMERICA, I will be canceling my account upon returning. You can go to... You only get one star because I can't give you 0 stars.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Without notice, BOA did a credit review and closed my card, despite paying above the minimum each month, as they noted I had additional debts accrued... Which is a natural part of opening a business. As a seasonal business we have debts until summer, and then all is paid, but there was no call, no notice, no information gathering to support my individual business. Simply a review, and card closed. Customer service was anything but, and they continue to be as unfriendly, cutthroat, profit mongering and unhelpful as they were when I abandoned use of their services years ago. A big mistake to give them another chance.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Bank of America does not care about customer loyalty and has NO flexibility. I made one purchase & paid the entire balance in full but one day late. I call to see about a one time courtesy waive and was told no. So they would rather lose a customer who pays their balance in full for a $26.88 fee? I will never recommend anyone to BOA due to their extreme lack of customer service & flexibility.

Bank of America expert review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.
    • Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.
    • Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.
    • Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.
    • Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.
    • Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.
    • Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.
    • Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.
    • Best for: Consumers who are looking for either travel or cash back credit cards. Also, those who carry a balance and want incentive to pay down their balances.
    Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
    Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information