2. Finance

Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Based on 1,590 ratings submitted in the last year

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have a Visa Card I choose while in college. It has a set 3% interest rate as long as it is in good standing. It is my go to card. I usually pay my cards off monthly. It saves me so much money compared to other companies. I recommend this card.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Overall good credit card, no fees for joining and they work with you if you're having financial issues. The only negative is they need to provide more award incentives especially to long standing customers. Good customer service when trying to contact them.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I love Bank of America!! I have been with them for about 10 years, and everything feels so easy there. No hassles. Their customer service is outstanding. I can say without a doubt when I "press 1 for English," I really get English. It is such a pleasure to deal with them.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I charge everything that I buy to this cc. The rebate is great plus they keep a very tight eye on the account. If they notice anything unusual going on in the charges you are notified immediately by an email. To reopen the acct. personal questions are asked. No ssn or bank acct nos. Excellent watchfulness. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 23, 2020

As someone who lives abroad and travels often, I really love that my Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card has no foreign transaction fee, rewards me for all spending, and rewards me even more for travel-related expenses. The rewards can be redeemed as cash or a credit on your statement (for the best value) which is as good as cash to me! The online platform is easy to navigate and offers the option to schedule credit card payments so you never miss one and aren't charged late fees. You can also set up various alerts that can be sent to your phone or email when there's suspicious activity or just for purchases in general which are super helpful when you're traveling.

Original review: April 16, 2021

B of A has been a nightmare over the years, if it wasn't for Alaska Airlines card I would have nothing to do with them. I have had a problem getting my bills so I could pay them on time. I have had payments made to the wrong account a couple of times. Once they fixed it the other time they acknowledged it but still charged me a late fee and interest. My credit score has been consistently in the high 700s and in the 800s. I think I know now why they are so profitable, I pay my entire credit card bills off each month. I figure they don't like that so they duplicitously find a way to charge more.

Original review: April 15, 2021

This is the worst credit card I have ever had in 40 yrs. If I could give negative stars I would. I have spent hours on the phone to unlock my card. I have a credit on this card (transferred from my bank), that is being held for 10 business days and I can not use the card at all until then. I was planning on paying my contractor, but can't use the card. I can't write him a check, because my bank authorized the amount within 24 hours, so the money is no longer in my checking account. So now my contractor has to wait 14 days (yup, that is 10 business days) to get paid.

I have documentation of the cs reps, managers, names, and employees # that I have spoken to, and they have given me conflicting information. I have to say everyone I talked to was very kind and apologetic, and understood how absurd this is, but only a review board could unlock my card, and there was no possible way to expedite this before the 14 days. So my account shows this credit, but I can't use it because it is lock and no one there can unlock it. IMHO, this is fraudulent. I can't wait until the credit goes through so I can ditch this card.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Tried for 10 days to close account. Was instructed to do it over the phone, can’t reach a live person at a branch or the “business center (!)”, can’t hold or leave a message, then call ends with “goodbye”. You are more likely to win the lotto or get struck by lightning than to get help with their “walk in service”!

Original review: March 27, 2021

I had been with Bank of America for almost 20 years. I never missed a payment, I never was late on a payment. When I could I would always pay off my balance in full. 2 years ago I used my Bank of America credit card for a large purchase, and paid as much as I could each month (again, never late, never missed, and always over the minimum required) and after I paid off the entire balance last month, they continued to charge my account interest after the fact. I called to let them know of the error, once it is paid off, there shouldn't be any more interest charges, but they stated there was NOTHING they could do, they were still going to charge me interest even after I paid of the balance in full and on time.

I am not upset about $18, If I really owed them $18. But I don't. The balance was paid off last month. I am upset they would charge me AFTER the balance was paid in full. That just doesn't make sense. Even the operator agreed it made no sense. She could not explain nor defend their policy. I even read on the back of their bank statement that after the balance is paid in full, there would no longer be any interest charges. The operator stated that there was nothing she could do, knowing full well they incorrectly charged me. This is how Bank of America treats a customer of almost 20 years. Just rotten!

Original review: March 6, 2021

I have an excellent credit score, have always paid my bills with BOA on time. Have been with them since 3003. I received my March credit card statement due, payment due 3/3/21, balance $743.28. I paid in full on 2/26/21. BOA debited my checking account a “2nd” time for the same amount $743.28. Called and requested a refund for that amount, it was their error. I noticed my checking account was credited but not the full $743.28. They deducted April’s payment balance of $81 and change! This is 3/6/21 and I haven’t even received a statement yet and payment not due until 4/3/21! Called again and was told that they will only credit back what is on the account and not the 2nd payment they mistakenly took from my account. Very upset, feel this was improperly handled. Deducting a payment when it is not due until next month. Unethical, especially for a bank!

Bank of America author review by Beverly Harzog

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information