Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America Credit Cards

3.3/5 (3388 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Bank of America Credit Cards

Bank of America offers mortgage loans nationwide and has lending specialists available online and at branch locations. If you’re searching for a mortgage loan, loan refinancing or a home equity loan, visit Bank of America’s website to apply.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Bank of America Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bank of America?

Original review: May 11, 2022

I made a dispute with Bank of America that vendor did not receive money after a cancellation of dispute, for 6 months they are telling they have closed the dispute. It is 1200 dollars and vendor sending me letter that they did not receive money. I am so tired with it. Suggesting everyone close their credit card as soon as possible. They are not giving my money back and sending me the same letters again and again. I am going to make a complaint against them to finance bureau. That is the only option that I can think of right now. It is so frustrating.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I have been trying to resolve two credit card disputes with Bank of America for 6 months now where I was charged incorrect amounts by merchants. The process has been convoluted and confusing. I submitted substantial evidence for both claims, have spoken to about 10 reps who have not been helpful. The customer representatives often do not have accurate information. When I request to speak to a manager, I'm rarely put through. My claims continue to be denied despite providing clear evidence and speaking with multiple customer service reps. It has been made clear throughout this process, that Bank of America does not value protecting the consumer rights of its clients. I will be canceling my credit card with them.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Bank Of America Credit card service is very bad, They simply follow what every system does. I paid my credit card bill 5 mins late and called customer service to waive the late payment fee. Customer service reps are very strict and not willing to manually override the late payment fee. Be careful while using Bank Of America's credit card, it happened the same with another credit card like the Chase, when I called they immediately waive it off. Bank of America is very strict and not customer friendly. I stopped using that credit card.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I have 2 BOA credit cards. One has a limit of $8500.00 and the other one for 12,000.00. Me and my wife had these credit cards for 8 yrs. We've never been late and always kept our cards below 30%. This week our balance on the $8500.00 is $2100.00. For no apparent reason they changed my credit limit from $8000.00 to $2500.00. They gave me no explanation. So I cut the card up and I'm not going to cancel their account but they will never make anymore interest from me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

BoA offers the Signature Level Visa cards except for the balance transfer card. The business cards which I'm not interested in come with their own perks. I have unsorted offers for some of the BoA cards. There is a management page which has the hoops a potential customer needs to jump through to qualify for one of their cards. It appears the would be cardholder needs to "tweak themselves" before applying for a BoA card. I can meet the criteria but I'm opting not to. I'm not interested in having an $100000+ existing relationship with BoA by putting my money in any of their corporate pockets. They aren't paying any interest to speak of and haven't since the Fed tamped down rates in 2008 and again in 2019.

I have a 1.01% APY checking account going which is fairly heavy somewhere else and I'm not moving it to rock bottom just to get a BoA Signature Visa. The Covid shutdowns, variant surges, travel restrictions, border closures, the politicization and now the extremism on our own border precludes any rationale of applying for a rewards card. A flat 2022 stock market and a dim S&P has been keeping their credit lending tight. I'm still looking for a Visa Signature to pair with my World Elite MC whose perks don't really excite me very much.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I’ve been a Bank of America credit card holder since 2009. I have a physical card in my possession that doesn’t expire until 2024. I went to go use it to pay off another credit card and found out that Bank of America closed my card for inactivity. I am very credit worthy so I applied for a new card with them because they told me that I could not reinstate my old one with a purchase. I applied for a 0% credit card for 18 months so I could pay down some debt only because I was forced to and they denied me, putting a black mark and a hard-hit to my credit. So essentially they took away my credit card, made me apply for a new one and then denied me because they weren’t going to make any interest off of me. Thank you Bank of America

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I've had a credit card with Bank of America for over 12 years. I got it when I went to college - my first credit card, and my only one until recently. Because I had no credit history at the time, I was given a low credit limit. I have used the card responsibly - occasionally throughout the years needing to put something worth several hundred dollars on it for an emergency situation (hello, car repairs!) but paying that off, and otherwise keeping it reasonable. In the past several years it's been used for about $40-80 per month, and my payment history is %100.

Nevertheless, BoA refuses to consider a credit line increase, saying that I use or have in the past used too much of my credit limit. Speaking on the phone with a representative I learned that there is no standard or limit for how far back they will look or what weight they will give this as time moves on, so as far as I can tell, I will never again qualify for any credit with BoA simply because they gave me a low limit as a teenager, even though I have used it responsibly.

Speaking with the representatives all they would offer me is to go to their better money management website to look into what I can do to be a better candidate, but since I have an Excellent credit rating, and great marks in all categories, it seems the only thing I can do to improve my chances would be to have already had a credit line increase.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Do Not get a Credit Card through this Financial Institution. Their Existing Fraud Process and Policies are absurd. I am a victim & 2 months in and still fighting this battle for some online charges that were made and were NOT mine. When I called to report (they did not alert me & these were out of state online charges so should have put up a red flag somewhere), the Rep put in the information as a "dispute" and not a "fraudulent" charge & apparently there is a big difference on these 2 words so CONSUMER BEWARE. I had a Supervisor that had to get involved & assured me all would be corrected & my 5 transactions would be submitted again but this time for FRAUD review and not DISPUTES. Refunds were made back to me and I thought all was done.

Now, Bank of America is coming back to me stating they need more information on each transaction or they will bill me BACK the charges! The Ship To City & Zip Code do not even align, neither Merchant can produce a signed receipt or a proof of delivery and Bank of America wants ME to prove fraud?? Every time I call and talk to someone they give me a DIFFERENT number for the Fraud Department. I ask to speak to someone in Existing Fraud & they transfer me to someone in Billing Disputes & visa versa. This entity is a MESS with Credit Cards! As soon as this is resolved, I am shutting down this Card & going elsewhere. As I have explained this to others, I am hearing more & more about how this bank as a whole is a "mess." A couple of people have suggested to me to Report them to the Attorney Generals Office & or the Better Business Bureau. I will look into these options as I do NOT want others to experience what I have with this organization.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

A Bank of America credit card was opened fraudulently in my name today. Experian notified me by email of the Bank of America credit inquiry. Upon calling the phone number I was transferred to the fraud dept. I waited on hold for 30 minutes. I hung up and called back. The customer service lady said my phone number was authenticated but could not give me any information about this new open credit account.

The next phone call; I explained the trouble I was having and she did give me the last 4 digits of the new account and sent a 6 digit verification code to my phone. I verified my home address and she said she would help close the account but transferred me again. I'm typing this review as my phone is passing 54 minutes of hold time. I have heard "Thank you for your patience" and "all associates are currently busy; please hold for the next available associate." 100 times. How do these companies stay in business? I'm sure my business would go bankrupt if I treated people this way.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was sent a pre selected offer for up to 80,000 Alaska Air miles for applying for their card and spending a certain amount of money in a certain amount of time. I met all requirements and they failed to give me the promised amount of miles. They claim I applied for a different offer. I followed the letter to the tee by going online and submitting my application. After 3 months of fighting with them, they claim I went to another website than what was listed on the offer. Absolute lies... Don't bother with this card. Closing my account and will not do business with BofA ever again. It would have been so easy for them to rectify the situation rather than blaming me...Corporate greed and petty, useless employees that don't care about their customers! Shame on them and their leadership that implements, directs and condones this behavior.

Bank of America author review by Danni White

Bank of America is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. It’s a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and more. Bank of America is very convenient because it offers 4,700 financial centers and 16,000 ATMs. The bank has 32 million online banking users and 19 million mobile users. It has been working with customers for more than 200 years.

• Cash rewards: Bank of America offers several cash back credit cards with good rewards, including one for students.

• Secured credit card: If used responsibly for 12 months, it’s possible to graduate to an unsecured credit card with Bank of America. The 20.49 percent APR is a little high, but it’s not an issue if the bill is paid off every month.

• Credit card for paying down balances: The BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards credit card lets you earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the minimum amount due, up to $100 per year.

• Zero percent introductory offers: Several cards have these offers for purchases and balance transfers. Read the terms and conditions carefully so you know when the promotion ends.

• Sign-up bonuses: Many of Bank of America's credit cards offer generous sign-up bonuses if you meet the spending requirements within the time requirement.

• Well-designed, user-friendly website: The bank has made it easy to view the rates, fees and rewards for their cards. This makes it easier to understand and choose the card that’s best for you.

• Reputation: Bank of America is a trusted name in the credit card industry.

• Convenience: It has branches all over the world that are easy to access.

by Danni White ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Danni White is committed to providing valuable resources designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions. Danni specializes in content strategy and development, with over a decade of professional writing and research experience.

Bank of America Credit Cards Company Information