3.95/5
Based on 199 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

1-800LoanMart is the leading provider of non-traditional lending services since 2001. We provide loans directly to consumers, as well as through a network of business partners. 1-800LoanMart is a company with a diverse portfolio of financial products, including direct financing on auto title loans. We are not hindered by regulatory constraints that make most bankers hesitate to advance capital. Our form of financing enables car owners to achieve their financial objectives.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

311 LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

They had to change their name they are so bad. I don't even have a loan through them and they are trying to repo my car constantly. Someone used my name and applied for a loan. They don't even have the title to my car is the amazing thing. I'm going to sue them for emotional stress and anxiety for how persistent yet unorganized they are.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I purchased a vehicle off Craigslist. When I went to DMV I was informed there was a title loan on vehicle. I was unable to locate person I bought it from. Loan Mart eventually repossessed it. Every important document in my life was in the vehicle. The paperwork I had on this vehicle, property deeds, birth certificates, life insurance policy to my recently deceased spouse, every title to every vehicle we had owned, etc.

I have contacted Loan Mart several times only to be told they will not work with me to retrieve my personal papers, will not tell me title loan amount, will not give me opportunity to fulfill previous owner’s debt to them. Only that I have to contact previous owner to have them approve my retrieval of listed above items. They would not give any contact info. I tried every way I know how only to come up empty. I tried name searches, address searches, tax assessors, etc. So not only am I screwed out of my vehicle plus the 4000 I paid for it all my paperwork also. This company is very difficult and unwilling to help the consumer.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Please be advised that repossession agencies are required to collect and perform inventory of all loose personal belongings pursuant to the California Business and Professions Code. Since LoanMart is not a repossession agency and did not repossess the vehicle directly, LoanMart would not be able to respond about the property inside the vehicle. Therefore, please pursue your property claim directly with repossession agency.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This company told me to pay money, this was around £400, to receive my loan of £2,400 so stupidly I did. This was NEVER put into my account. To this day they give excuses, still refuse to speak to me. Appalling, they take advantage!

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

LoanMart takes feedback from consumers very seriously. We value our consumers and consider each complaint an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively. Upon review of your complaint, we were unable to locate your account due to incorrect or missing information. In order for us to address your concerns properly, LoanMart would need your account number, full name, and phone number. At your earliest convenience, please email your information to compliance@loanmart.com in order to better assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

So first off my loan was through LoanMart, I had excuse after excuse why I didn't get the money on time having to wait a week. That's nothing compared to my experience. My loan was for 2,600 I am still paying years later, totaling by pay off 9,000. The very horrible part about this is their customers service reps. In the beginning they sound reputable and professional, then I got terrified when I called to make a payment and heard rap music in the background and employees freely talking about all kinds of stuff in the background, first red flag. Then I noticed how after I got the loan all the professional behavior dropped and they became very short a rude, even flat out laughing and hanging up.

I was short 14$ two years ago and the supervisor a guy who works evenings and is an older Hispanic male, was basically laughing when I told him I lost my job. His response was, “Oh well too bad. I might as well get it now since you lost your job anyway…” Who does that? Over 14$, they didn't try to work with me nothing, that was two years ago. Today I was contacted by someone telling me, "Your account was in collection for 20$!!" I sent 180 and my payment is 200, so again over a tiny amount of money, I'm threatened with repossession, so I’ll be making that payment tomorrow. My advice is go anywhere in the world but here, or just go without the money. This place wants to take your car and make ** impossible so you can be late or repo you... PLEASE DONT DEAL WITH LOANMART. LOAN SHARKS.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was mailed to you. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I went into the check cashing place and one time I stopped there and asked how to go about applying for a title loan with LoanMart because I needed some money right then and there. The loan application process was fast and took about 45 minutes. The representative that was processing my application right there and the one that I spoke with on the phone were both really good. They told me everything down to what I would be paying and owing, and some other information as well. They handled my situation well.

I would not do this loan again though because, although I got good customer service, their interest rate is so high. I'm paying $150 every month extra on top of my payment for the loan, and it's like paying for another car again. I'm only going to have this loan this one time for nine months, and then I'm going to pay them off on my taxes, and after that I will never do it again because the $322 monthly payments are high. This will be my first time and last time doing this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMart?

Original review: May 29, 2017

I thought LoanMart were easy, quick, and simple to deal with. The application process was easy and simple. Then, I found out it will take forever to pay this off because the interest rate is too high. I can't pay my vehicle off forever. They wanted me to reduce the payment down to $311 from $404 but instead of 6% interest, I’m getting 7.5% interest. They lied to my face and said there was no way possible on that. I tried to reduce the payment to make a $100 difference for the interest rate. Nine dollars a day is a little ridiculous for finance charge.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately through the ConsumerAffairs website. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Please none of you trust these people. They are being investigated for several counts of fraud. Wait until you get to the end of the loan they will say you have another contract. They are Loan sharks and you will pay them $18,000 and they want more greedy business. They are all set up for fraud. They know what to do all of them. They make illegal loan rollovers excuse after excuse and came and stole my car from me and my son. And say I owe them 6,000 more after paying you $18,000 since July 2012. Also watch out for error in loan number. They also use that tactic and then you use the new loan number they give you and guess what! Yes exactly whole new contract scammers. Good try but you're busted wow! Ain't that some ---! They're all crooks. Don't let the phony reviews fool you.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My mom told me to go with LoanMart because she got a couple of loans through them and she paid them off. Her experience was good so I went with her. The loan application process was smooth, but I had a misunderstanding with the interest by rate. When they say interest, I was under the impression that would be the interest towards the whole $2500 loan. Once I paid the $1400 back, then I'll have my balance at $1100, but they said it went to $1386. That was fine. That's interest, but then they said, "On top of that amount, there's low interest daily." That's what threw me, "Whoa, still daily interest?" I'm not a dummy, so as far as the interest rate and how it goes, they should've explained it a little better.

Things have been smooth after we got that out of the way. My employee told me if I do my own payments, I was scheduled to pay the next month on the 25th. She told me even if I do it like that, I will still be paying only for six months, $320 or even less. They gave my title back, and that was fine with me. I have days where out of the $2500 loan, I paid $1400 back. Other than the interest rate misunderstanding, the customer service was great and everything was great.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Here is the email I sent to customer service regarding my experience: I am getting very frustrated. First day we started this process, my husband gave me permission to handle this. We were supposed to be done by the first day. Because it took so long with communication back and forth, and because my husband works late, it got pushed back to today. Then I was told if I got the FedEx in first thing this morning we would be funded today. I took the title to FedEx this morning. I called you immediately to let you know. You said they must not have scanned it because you didn't see it in the system. So you said to take a picture of the receipt and send a text with the picture and loan number to **, and that we would have funding by 2pm. Which I did. And I know it sent. And no money in my bank at 2pm.

Then I call back and try to figure out what's going on. Now I'm being told it is too late for today, AGAIN, and that I will have to wait until tomorrow. Or that we can do Moneygram, but that you need to speak to my husband. I try to explain, my husband is in training in Washington, I'm in California. He can't answer the phone while at work which is why he gave me authorization TWICE now with you guys. But you insist you can't speak to me and now say that he has to give me authorization everyday. So the lady insisted on calling him, even though I told her he's not allowed to answer his phone while on the job training. And he won't get out of work until after 6:30pm when you guys are already closed. This loan is going to cost me an outrageous amount of interest, and so far, I am getting quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced!

We have used you in the past with no problems. We get those silly mailers in our mail "Come back to us next time you need a loan". I will never recommend your services to anyone. I am extremely frustrated! My husband is up north for training, the whole reason we did this loan is to help with our transition (moving) and to make sure he could eat. Now we are going into day 3. I hope THIS is being recorded because I am extremely unhappy right now!

Dear Ms. Docker:

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) is in receipt of your complaint dated May 1, 2017 through the Consumer Affairs website.

LoanMart records show that you are not an authorized party to the account. In order to communicate with you about account information, LoanMart needs to receive written authorization from the proper accountholder. Please have the accountholder contact LoanMart directly at 888-700-2239.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Compliance Department at compliance@loanmart.com.

Sincerely,

Compliance Department

Original review: April 22, 2017

I like LoanMart. I needed cash and my friend told me about LoanMart. The application process was easy and fast because I had all the paper things. The representative was nice and very helpful.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I heard about LoanMart through a radio ad. I needed to get some extra cash and having a title loan was the quickest and the fastest way to do that so I signed up with LoanMart. The application process was quick and easy. The reps were very polite and very nice. Everything else was well and processed fast. All in all, it was a very good experience and they were helpful.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I needed some cash to pay my rent and I thought of getting a title loan. I went with LoanMart and their application process was quick and easy. Their representatives were all polite and knowledgeable also. It was good with LoanMart. They’re perfect and working with them is the fastest way to help one out.

Original review: March 31, 2017

In the beginning, LoanMart made it seem as though it would be an easy process. But it ended up taking about six different steps and every time, they told me they needed one more information. I’d speak with another associate and then they would require more information. If they can get their customer service reps to be more on a uniformed idea of what is needed and send the information out to the prospects, the timeframe would be shorter.

It also seemed as though everybody was on a commission job because everybody tried to speak with me. And I tried my best to speak with the same rep. I’m not dissatisfied, but I would definitely inform people what to look out for or what to be prepared for in case the representative doesn’t know. And that’s never good in business when the client knows more about the company or what to expect from the company. Other than that, they’re friendly and they took the initiative to be tenacious and constantly stay in contact.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Original review: March 23, 2017

I needed extra cash so I called LoanMart and then they send me some things through email and I filled out some stuff. Then, I had to go to a local place to sign all the documents. They also told me to bring in some documents such as my title, proof of insurance, and ID. They taught me the process and I didn't find anything difficult with it. They also didn't pressure me and were very thorough. But, it has high interest. So, I try not to borrow as much and try to pay it back as soon as possible.

Original review: March 20, 2017

This place is horrid! They don't care about anything but to charge you 100% interest and for a 2,000 loan if you get through it you will pay 8 grand to Pay it Off. They just don't care and are some of the rudest people out there. I'm not a fan of Title Loans but who is? Stay the Hell away from LoanMart. They lie about everything too! Just be careful and Buyer Beware for Sure.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately through the ConsumerAffairs website. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: March 19, 2017

The LoanMart application process was simple. When I went online and did it, I got a call from someone. They told me everything that I needed to do. The process of taking a picture, uploading it by phone, and sending it to them made everything pretty simple and easy. I had to upload the video via email. The rep gave me the contact person to speak with and they checked everything that I needed. Everyone that I spoke with was very professional and they made the process easy for me. We did everything throughout the day and I got everything on time.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My father has recently became bedridden due to his combat related injuries. He now requires 24 hour care. Although he could have been receiving Veteran compensation for the last 13 years, he would not take the help because he felt that money should be used for veterans who had more severe injuries than him. I finally applied for that help for him and of course he was approved but will not start receiving pay until 04/01/2017. I had to take out a title loan on his transport vehicle to help offset the bills until he starts receiving his pay. 800LoanMart gave him the loan. He is insulin dependent and the brand of insulin he uses is not covered by the military. He ran out of insulin and I had to use his monthly loan payment money to purchase this medication because he can't live without it.

I contacted 800LoanMart to let them know the reason he is 3 weeks late and if they could give him until 04/01/2017 he would have more than enough to make his payments. I spoke to a boy named Ray and another boy named Brian who claimed to be a manager. I explain the situation about how ill he is and the only money he has left he would need to buy one more vial of insulin. I explained the whole Vietnam veteran information and how he would be receiving a substantial amount of money on the first. I asked them both if they could please give my father until the first. I was told by both of them that this is just business and if I didn't give them the payment today, they would repossess it. I told them that he needs that vehicle for transportation to doctor appointments that he must attend.

My father has diabetes, kidney failure, heart failure, edema, and high blood pressure. He had been given 6 months to live but the care that has been given to him has extended his life. I told both of them I gave them his last money, he could not get that insulin and he can literally die from this. The answer remained the same, they had to have that money or the truck would be taken from him and could not be retrieved if repossessed. I gave them the money with tears in my eyes wondering how to make it to the first of the month. I don't know if it was just these to guys Ray and Brian or if is 800LoanMart who do not support elderly Vietnam vets. I know of 3 other people who recommended 800LoanMart that ran into similar situations that were not as extreme. They were not only granted more time, one of them actually was able to pull their car out of repossession. I know this because I helped all three of them when I had the means to do.

Original review: March 15, 2017

The application process was simple. I called LoanMart with any questions I had and they would answer. I'm happy with my experience so far.

Original review: March 12, 2017

We used to go to Check Cashing and LoanMart is better. LoanMart reps are very nice. We talked on the phone and they showed us what to do. Also, it's so easy and simple to get and process the loan. I really needed the money that time. I just got a job, and they trusted me without a pay stub. I'm very pleased with my experience. They're perfect.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

LoanMart is a complete rip-off. I went to them for a title loan on my car because my parents both fell ill and I didn't have money to pay for their medical bills and medications. The rep gave to me, “Yes we can help you. All you would have to do is send the required paperwork.” I got a loan for 2,600. He then told me, “Your payments will be 288 a month.” I said, “Okay good. I can pay off in no time.” I needed the money desperately.

Then I get a bill saying I owe them 10,000 dollars in total. How did I get a loan for 2,600 that increases to 10,00 over a 1 yr spanned. I went to you guys because I was broke. I been paying my 288 on time since August 2016 and I still haven't touched the base of the 2,600. I owe 2,900 now. All that money I been struggling to pay has went nowhere. I WILL NEVER REFER THEM TO ANYONE. All they keep saying is pay more. I can’t pay more. If I could I would have never borrow from LoanMart in the first place. I'm a struggling college student working and taking care of my parents.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I am amazed at the outright audacity of (Predatory) LoanMart! Back in 2013, I had A VERY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE so with (Predatory) LoanMart. i.e. after making six payments owing $1800 more than the actual loan amount? (True!) Made phone arrangement to pay extra fee to extend a payment out for fifteen days. YUP! YOU GUESSED IT 0300 HRS IN MORNING. Repo truck with two of the worst slime bags ever. I tell them "Nope! Not taking it!" Guy takes the keys then calls the cops, & tells them I threatened to shoot him! I just now feel safe enough to tell this part now. They charged me every fee known to the TOW Industry! Plus a towing and "Dolley" fee?!! They drove the truck to the yard! Never even on the truck, or Dolley!!!

I filed a complaint with these guys... The (Predatory) LoanMart Hip, Slick, and Cool "Answer Guy" gives me the dripping, oooey goooey "oh it's a misunderstanding, we're just here to help the little guy" canned response! Bullcrap!! Now today nearly four years later, I get a message stating that The (predatory) LoanMart contacted this site, and told them I no longer wanted to resolve the complaint!!l AWTF? I NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING! (Predatory) LoanMart has now straight up lied to this consumers site!! They must be trying to clean up their reputation!!! If they were a real estate lender, they would be in Federal Prison very stiff penalties. These guys are a reminder to all HUMANS afraid of thugs and loan Sharks.... Run like hell!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

Somebody told me about LoanMart and the title loan. I needed some money so I went in there. They were very friendly and good. The process took a while because it was my first time doing it but everything was fine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I had a title loan for about 2 years, it's for $3000. 2 years later, the loan is the same, the numbers don't go down. I think after doubling your payment they should let you out of the loan. That would be good business. $6000-$9000 at $244 per month, I should have been done with this loan. I can't even pay all of my rent every month. Also the engine went out in my car. I can't afford to fix it because of this loan. I think they should have a grace period for late payment, 10 days to be exact. I'm struggling every month. This is very depressing. Never again. By the way I borrowed money to fly to Oklahoma to see my daughter graduate from Basic Training. Army mom! Broke mom!!! Thanks LoanMart.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

LoanMart's website is easy to navigate and the application process for a title loan was also easy. A rep called me after I completed the application online and the whole process took a day. My only suggestion would be for a better communication. I thought I would be able to get cash but when I got to the place, it was a check and there was a charge to cash the check. I asked about a charge and they said no. I explained it to him and he said okay but he was saying that they didn't tell him that they told me there was no charge. But luckily, it went through with no problem. Maybe in another situation, they should say, "Oh, no. You have to pay this fee."

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Recently needed some quick money for a small procedure and I didn't want to wait to save up the money, so I started exploring options. Saw an ad for 800 LoanMart and gave them a ring. After getting together the docs they asked for, took about a day to get my money wired. Thankfully I had the procedure and now will pay down the loan. I spoke to a few agents along the way and they were all helpful.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Let me start off by saying LoanMart "stole my car". I never had a loan with them. They came on my property and took my car claiming I owed a loan. I am have a clean title "no liens" in my name. I was told from them the previous person that had the car before me took out a loan. Wt? I have a clean title from the DMV. That's impossible. I will be working with the BBB also. It's been 4 days and they haven't returned my car either. Please save yourself time with this company. They are frauds.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) has received your complaint. Upon review of your complaint, LoanMart was unable to provide a thorough investigation due to missing information. In order for LoanMart to address your concerns properly, LoanMart would need the vehicle identification number (“VIN”). Please email your information to compliance@loanmart.com. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I will make this simple. I paid off my VW SUV with $15,000. It was a 2004. I later moved my family back to California from the East Coast and decided to take a loan with 1800 loan mart so that I may use the funds as business capital. LoanMart loaned me $6,900 and I paid $331.00 back monthly. 3 years later, after the loan was paid off, LoanMart tells me that I still owe another $6,900!! This company seems to be ran by gangsters. After paying them $12,000 plus dollars back and refusing to pay them anymore, they had a tow truck come to my house at 3 am in the morning and woke up my children and I.

They tricked me by saying that the sheriffs were coming and that I was breaking the law. I was over it, and gave them the keys because I just wasn't going to continue to be robbed of my hard earned money. LoanMart later charged me for a "Key fee", a Tow fee, a storage fee and they sent me a letter saying that I still owed them $8,000!! I truly don't see how these people sleep at night. Accept perhaps on their goose feathered pillows that others pay for through the outrages loans that we stupidly agreed to.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I do not I repeat do not recommend this company at all. I just got married last year in July and needed an emergency loan so I called over the phone to get one to cover the payment for my wedding. So here I am with this title loan that I now learned is increasing everyday! How the hell do they expect someone to pay off a loan that keeps adding the previous payment back to the original loan amount. I started at 5800 for my original loan amount... and now I'm at 7200 after I have made 6 payments of $525. One would think they were almost done paying off their balance. I wish I would have known about the illegal daily interest rates that they don't tell you about over the phone. That's the way I did mines smh.

If I would of known I would be this stressed out and manipulated by this company I would of just waited to get married but unfortunately it was a week later and we had a family financial emergency. This is the worst memory to have after a wedding year knowing that this company is practically stealing money from people with their rules you can't get out of. I'm seeking legal help so if anyone is willing to join me please contact me asap!!

Their rates aren't right and it doesn't make sense why a company would even operate this way. You should want people to come back not stay away. I bet most of their good reviews are from people who borrowed small loans because anyone with bigger loans wouldn't be on their website mentioning how happy they were... it doesn't make sense. I'm miserable and struggling because of this!

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Thank you so much LoanMart. You guys really came through for me in my time of need and saved me and my family from having to get kicked out of our apartment. Your customer service, professionalism and speed of funding was amazing!! THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My vehicle was in a collision and totaled. The insurance did not cover the damage. I was a month behind on my loan and called to make a payment and request a settlement amount. I made the last month's payment and scheduled the current month payment. The payment was processed successfully and the 800loanmart rep said he would put in a request for a couple of options. 3 days later at 4am a tow truck removed the damaged vehicle from my driveway and repossessed it. How does repoing a vehicle officially registered as salvaged make any sense. Especially when I was caught up and looking for options to make LoanMart whole and satisfy the loan.

Deceitful and misleading practices by the collection team even after 3 years of on time payments. The original loan had been paid back 2x over and the vehicle is inoperable yet 800loanmart refuses to work with me and instead make false agreements for short term compliance. Never ever take out a title loan. You become chum in the bloody waters of Wall Street.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately on ConsumerAffairs. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) Company Information