Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for the positive feedback. LoanMart was founded on a mission to provide superior service to customers while establishing a stable, financially responsible company. Our customers and employees are the key pieces of the puzzle that make 1-800LoanMart one of the fastest growing companies in this sector.

Original review: April 16, 2012

This letter is to express my sincerity and thanks to the employee who literally saved my life. Crystal ** was contacted by me on Thursday, April 12, 2012 regarding an emergency loan urgently needed for medical and transportation expenses into UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles. Crystal was sent all the necessary documents and within twenty four hours my loan was approved. Thanks to Crystal, as a 100% Disabled American Veteran, I was able to receive the urgent medical care needed for my War Time injury at a private facility. I commend Crystal ** for expediting my loan that literally saved the life of a Veteran that served under a War Time environment for the freedom that we most cherish in life. Now that I am much more better in my treatment, The United States Federal Government will pay for the Emergency Medical Care that I needed immediately and Crystal ** made it happen for me.

Recently needed some quick money for a small procedure and I didn't want to wait to save up the money, so I started exploring options. Saw an ad for 800 LoanMart and gave them a ring. After getting together the docs they asked for, took about a day to get my money wired. Thankfully I had the procedure and now will pay down the loan. I spoke to a few agents along the way and they were all helpful.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) has received your complaint. Upon review of your complaint, LoanMart was unable to provide a thorough investigation due to missing information. In order for LoanMart to address your concerns properly, LoanMart would need the vehicle identification number (“VIN”). Please email your information to compliance@loanmart.com. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Let me start off by saying LoanMart "stole my car". I never had a loan with them. They came on my property and took my car claiming I owed a loan. I am have a clean title "no liens" in my name. I was told from them the previous person that had the car before me took out a loan. Wt? I have a clean title from the DMV. That's impossible. I will be working with the BBB also. It's been 4 days and they haven't returned my car either. Please save yourself time with this company. They are frauds.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately through the ConsumerAffairs website. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I will make this simple. I paid off my VW SUV with $15,000. It was a 2004. I later moved my family back to California from the East Coast and decided to take a loan with 1800 loan mart so that I may use the funds as business capital. LoanMart loaned me $6,900 and I paid $331.00 back monthly. 3 years later, after the loan was paid off, LoanMart tells me that I still owe another $6,900!! This company seems to be ran by gangsters. After paying them $12,000 plus dollars back and refusing to pay them anymore, they had a tow truck come to my house at 3 am in the morning and woke up my children and I.

They tricked me by saying that the sheriffs were coming and that I was breaking the law. I was over it, and gave them the keys because I just wasn't going to continue to be robbed of my hard earned money. LoanMart later charged me for a "Key fee", a Tow fee, a storage fee and they sent me a letter saying that I still owed them $8,000!! I truly don't see how these people sleep at night. Accept perhaps on their goose feathered pillows that others pay for through the outrages loans that we stupidly agreed to.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I do not I repeat do not recommend this company at all. I just got married last year in July and needed an emergency loan so I called over the phone to get one to cover the payment for my wedding. So here I am with this title loan that I now learned is increasing everyday! How the hell do they expect someone to pay off a loan that keeps adding the previous payment back to the original loan amount. I started at 5800 for my original loan amount... and now I'm at 7200 after I have made 6 payments of $525. One would think they were almost done paying off their balance. I wish I would have known about the illegal daily interest rates that they don't tell you about over the phone. That's the way I did mines smh.

If I would of known I would be this stressed out and manipulated by this company I would of just waited to get married but unfortunately it was a week later and we had a family financial emergency. This is the worst memory to have after a wedding year knowing that this company is practically stealing money from people with their rules you can't get out of. I'm seeking legal help so if anyone is willing to join me please contact me asap!!

Their rates aren't right and it doesn't make sense why a company would even operate this way. You should want people to come back not stay away. I bet most of their good reviews are from people who borrowed small loans because anyone with bigger loans wouldn't be on their website mentioning how happy they were... it doesn't make sense. I'm miserable and struggling because of this!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMart?

Thank you so much LoanMart. You guys really came through for me in my time of need and saved me and my family from having to get kicked out of our apartment. Your customer service, professionalism and speed of funding was amazing!! THANK YOU!!!

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately on ConsumerAffairs. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My vehicle was in a collision and totaled. The insurance did not cover the damage. I was a month behind on my loan and called to make a payment and request a settlement amount. I made the last month's payment and scheduled the current month payment. The payment was processed successfully and the 800loanmart rep said he would put in a request for a couple of options. 3 days later at 4am a tow truck removed the damaged vehicle from my driveway and repossessed it. How does repoing a vehicle officially registered as salvaged make any sense. Especially when I was caught up and looking for options to make LoanMart whole and satisfy the loan.

Deceitful and misleading practices by the collection team even after 3 years of on time payments. The original loan had been paid back 2x over and the vehicle is inoperable yet 800loanmart refuses to work with me and instead make false agreements for short term compliance. Never ever take out a title loan. You become chum in the bloody waters of Wall Street.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was sent to you privately on ConsumerAffairs. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I called about paying off my loan faster. The guy said when I make a payment pay extra and tell the person to place the additional amount on my finance charge. I tried that a few times and the lady argued with me and said it doesn't work like that and she's been there a long time. I have paying on my loan for over two years and still have a balance of 14 hundred dollars off of my initial loan of 25 hundred. I don't understand how that's possible. I have been discouraged of paying extra for it doesn't change the loan finance amount. 5 dollars a day still after over two years of paying 249 dollars a month on time and extra. I have now paid six thousand dollars on my 25 hundred dollar loan.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was mailed to you. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Yes they will approve you, but the moment you are behind a payment they threaten to take your car. I had to go on an unpaid medical leave 12/08/2016. Payment was due 12/28/2016. Mind you I never missed a payment until now and I am 6 days late and they are already threatening me to take my car and saying I'm in deep water if I don't pay. I will be paying it off in February and I will NEVER get another loan again, it's not worth it and they lie to you to bait you in.

No response received

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I do believe they take a terrible advantage of people who are in an already compromising position to even need a loan like this in the first place. They are like the hogs who get slaughtered. I am trying to pay off a loan and they make it so inconvenient to do so. You are able to pay your monthly payments online on their website but if your payoff is more than double your monthly payment, you have to go into a Wells Fargo branch or one of these check cashing places. They also do not allow you to make a payment that is more than double your monthly payment on the website, even if you are not trying to pay it off, but want to make a dent in what you owe. I think this creates an unfair barrier to the poor people who have to work all day and do not have the time to go to a branch or go to a bank... and in the meantime, the interest increases. Why can we not do a payoff on the website? Thanks.

No response received

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) is in receipt of your ConsumerAffairs.com complaint submitted on December 15, 2016. LoanMart values its customers and considers each communication an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively. Unfortunately, based on the limited information provided in your complaint, LoanMart is not able to identify an active account in your name. To have your dispute investigated and resolved, please contact LoanMart’s Compliance Department by mail at P.O. Box 260210, Encino, CA 91426 or by e-mail at compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I currently have a title loan with them and I received an email advising I can extend a loan to skip a payment. I completed this and used an esignature to complete this offer. After receiving confirmation the document was received I received a msg from them and when I called the person told me to disregard the call. Instead I called the next day and requested to speak with the person who called me. He said he did not receive payment. I told him I completed the extension and gave the name of the person I emailed this to. He had no clue this was done said he would look into it but as long as I completed it then it was fine.

I come home. They towed my car smh. I cannot wait until they open in the morning. The employees do not communicate nor do they follow through. They never know what the other is doing. Glad I kept all copies of email correspondence as well as took down names. I would not recommend them and I will be looking into other ways to post more complaints. If anyone has experienced anything similar pls email me **. I read a few comments already of other customers dealing with similar issues.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2016

They sent me a letter stating how much they sold the car for and the excess is coming in the form of a check..still not happy about how they took my car after letting me believe that we were doing a payment extension but at least we walk away with something.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart has received your messages through ConsumerAffairs.com. LoanMart values its customers and considers each communication an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively. It appears that you notated on ConsumerAffairs.com that the matter is resolved. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

They took my 2011 Jeep and wrongly did so. They sent me an email and asked if I would like to extend a payment out and I agreed and sent the email back after receiving confirmation of this agreement. They took my car that evening. They waited till me and my family went into the store and then took it. We got a letter stating they were gonna sell the car at a auction and if we needed more time to send a letter which we did by certified mail. Since that time we have heard nothing. I have tried calling several times and they refuse to talk to me fine. No biggie. Don't talk to me. You will talk to our attorney.

I am sure they sold my car which it is what it is but the car value is much more than we owed so I want our check. You guys owe us money. We know you are going to try the we only sold your car for this crazy low amount. Sorry that's not gonna work either. Did I mention that I have statements that are all different amounts and crazy accounting that does not even add up correctly. When we figured this out is when we chose to get attorney. Bring it LoanMart. I am ready to fight back.

Updated 12/10/2016: I wrote a review on Loanmart few days ago. I had my car repoed. After they made a offer of lowering my payment and extending a payment out we signed the agreement and then they repossessed the car anyways. Then they disposed of car and they had sold it for almost 9 grand more that what we owed so we are due money from them. They said 15 days from sale and my husband noticed that at the bottom of this letter there is a paragraph stating that the surplus amount can change if they need to do debits or withdraws or if basically something arises... are you serious? So what that tells me you took my car ,sold it and made 8 grand more than I owed and if you choose to take more then that's ok and it's up to them to take more if they want to... who do these people think they are?

I have emailed the compliance department and guess what of course no reply. Loanmart you are holding money that does not belong to you. You have been paid now you are holding MY money and I want my money. I should be able to charge you high interest for each day you have my money. I am sure if it was me doing the same to you I would be in big trouble and every employee you have would be calling to threaten me. My loan is paid off with you people. Please send us the extra money that does not belong to you. Please I don't care about your generic response that you are gonna send. Every person gets the same response... "we have checked into this and have sent a detail letter by us mail... or please if you have further concerns contact the compliance department." I have done this several times with no reply.

Factual basis uncertain

This company preys on desperate people who are down on their luck. Unfortunately, I was one of those people. I knew that my APR was going to be 300%, but I wasn't aware that they charge you interest by the day. After paying for 1 year, nothing has kicked in into the principal and my original loan of $5,400 has racked up to $9,000+ thanks to interests. Yes, I have only myself to blame for taking out this outrageous loan, but their business model is just shady. Worst than a pimp. Lowdown dirty loan sharks, I tell you! Don't ever deal with 800Loanmart even if your life depended on it, unless you can pay them off in one fell swoop, otherwise you are better off borrowing from family and friends or a payday lender.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) has received your complaint dated November 13, 2016 to the Consumer Affairs. LoanMart values its consumers and considers each complaint an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively.

Your complaint appears to be raised on behalf of an accountholder. In order to assist you and address account information, please have the accountholder contact LoanMart so LoanMart can provide the accountholder a third party authorization form to complete.

Should you have any questions and concerns, please contact the Compliance Department at compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

In 2013 my husband and I took a loan out from LoanMart for 4500. At that time the contract read payments for 36 months at $365.29 however it is now 2016 and LoanMart says I still owe them over $5,000. In reality in order to abide by the original contract I need to pay $625.14 but LoanMart says that I owe them 29 more months of payments which will make the payments $7,000. I read earlier that someone wanted to do a class-action against them. Well I totally agree with them. I would like to also be in on the class action lawsuit against them. I received a call today from a very nice lady asking me when they can come and pick up my car. I told her I am not surrendering my car. It is unfair of what LoanMart is doing. I spoke to a man a couple of days ago and he told me the extra money that they are trying to collect his own interest. I told him that is not fair. I think if we all Stand Together in this matter we can get a class action lawsuit against them.

Factual basis uncertain

This is predatory lending at its finest. I as well, was paying on a 2300.00 loan for two years and still owed 2300.00 at payoff time. They used every excuse in the book to give reason as to why this loan amount was not reduced. I am not going to waste time writing too much on this because it is plain and simple - they want your car and they are going to get it. Unless you do not want to ever hold title to your vehicle again I strongly urge you to do something else to fix your problem. You will never pay it off and you will be paying a large payment every month with a very large interest rate. The people that work there are asses and the customer service is the worst I have seen in a long time. GOOD LUCK.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

LoanMart values its customers and considers each communication an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively. Unfortunately, based on the limited information provided in your complaint, LoanMart is not able to identify an active account under your name. To have your dispute investigated and resolved, please contact LoanMart’s Compliance Department at compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

When we request information in regards to our personal loan account: Payment History, Original Loan Document with original amount borrowed, why are we not allow to have? Why the secrets? Answer here to all.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”). LoanMart takes pride treating every customer with excellent personal service. A detailed response was mailed to you. LoanMart believes that its response adequately addresses your message. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact compliance@loanmart.com.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I have paid $4000 in less than two years for a $1500 loan and my balance is $1455. LoanMart has you sign at a extraordinary interest rate which was against the law up until a few years ago. The use of the term "title loan" to get around the legal interest rates for cars allows them to circumvent the law. How, Who, and why did our State elected officials, as well as, Federal officials approve the biggest scam and rip off of consumers in the history of our country. The laws created to protect consumers were established at fair rates. LoanMart rates are over 5 times the legal limit for a car loan. How these gangsters were able to get this approved is beyond me. Clearly it had to involve some illegally paid money to a few of our elected officials. This has got to be stopped. The FBI and Treasury department needs to get involved and charge the politicians that approved these laws designed to undermine the Consumer protections put in place.

There are some legal issues which must be researched further: LoanMart uses agents to process the loans and in my case the agent failed to point out further information carefully hidden within the agreement as to future increases in rates if you are late. Their terms do not clearly define late payments. For example they say there is no penalty for early payments, but there is. Early payments are not reflected in the determination of a late payment. In other words if you make two payments in January which covers February and then do not make a payment in February you are penalized for being late in February which kicks in a large amount of late fees. By making your payment early they actually charge you more money because you will considered late even though you actually paid the payment 30 days early. You can borrow money from organized crime at a much lower rate.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

Loan you money on your car title but you never finish paying them. I got a title loan of 8,000. As of today I was told I've paid 20,000. My maturity date for pay off is in March. Now I find out that it will most likely be another year due to interest. That's crazy and being less than 13 days late 6 times in the 3 years.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

I pawn my car for $2500 and have been paying it for more than a year and I still owed more than $4000 and for less than a month they will repossess the car. People who work for them are mean and stupid. I talked to the employee that I will put my money in the bank before 4pm so they can take it at 5pm, instead she ordered to repossess my car wherein she was the one who suggested not to cancel the payment schedule. She is stupid. They took my car after being delayed of paying for only 28 days which I send the payment but they said they didn't receive it so I just gave them the car. They send me a letter that I will pay $980 to get the car back, they have it. It worth to continue paying it, it's like 50% interest. I don't suggest this company to anyone.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) has received your complaint dated October 9, 2016 to the Consumer Affairs. LoanMart values its consumers and considers each complaint an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

My 23 year old daughter thought it would be a good experience and show her independence by getting a $2500.00 loan on a car I purchased for her. So far we have paid over $1000.00 and she still owes $2490.00. This company is loan sharking on the youth and the financially challenged. I've had numerous conversations in an effort to pay off my daughter loan and they refuse to accept my money as I am not on my daughter's loan. Absolutely disgraceful.

Personal Loan - It is a pleasure to compliment an organization that was not only professional but friendly and eager to accommodate me and my needs. They understood what I was going through and wanted to make sure I would be very satisfied with what they had to offer me. I had the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. Thank you so very much.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

This company is a prime example of predatory lending. It has taken people who are at their lowest points and preyed on their vulnerability. It's hard to believe that what this company does is legal with the interest they charge. I had one of their repo reps threaten to shoot me in my own driveway which turned out to be a error on the part of LoanMart. Even after notifying them, they did nothing, not even an apology but was more concerned about the next predatory payment. I am writing to the mayor, senators, and the BBB. Something has to be done to get people from their greedy and predatory grip. Do not borrow from this company.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Wheels Financial Group, LLC dba LoanMart (“LoanMart”) has received your complaint dated September 12, 2016 to the Consumer Affairs. LoanMart values its consumers and considers each complaint an opportunity to assist and serve them more effectively.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

These extortioners need to be shut down, their supervisor Wendy in collections need to placed in front of a firing squad! My cousin Regina got a loan from them when her sister died, not realizing what she got herself into, but she needed the extra help to bury her sister. "They bribed her (as they do) into the loan!" Anyway, Regina has severe heart failure and was having trouble paying back the loan because she is in the hospital all the time. Now today is September 10th, 2016. Regina's mother just died September 8th, 2016. I just called to ask for a 2 week extension via "Wendy" the supervisor in collections and the heartless daughter of the devil told me she has 3 days to make a payment or Regina's car is out for repossession and her mother's death is not as important as having to make a payment! Told me have a nice day, goodbye and hung up in my face.

I'm looking into how to file a class action lawsuit against these people and "Wendy!" Directly as a sole person. These people need to be shut down and held responsible for their crimes against humanity. They reel people in who need help, then prey on them and take advantage. Regina is not even "2 months" behind, her mom just died 2 days ago, it has been verified, Regina is in the hospital battling heart failure and Wendy laughed about it out loud, was blatantly rude the second she got on the phone with me. Luckily "I recorded her call!" I record every call with those animals. Everyone who has dealt with them needs to come together and file against them. You may just get some money back. These people are practicing "illegal services" and take advantage. They need to be banned from the US!

The FBI/Government needs to get involved and contact every single person who is dealing with them and help! PS. Regina only borrowed $2800 and has since been paid back. They are extorting her for the astronomical interest charges. Regina actually told me to take the car, have it crushed into a square cube and have it dropped on their front door. They can not do anything because they would "have the car in their possession!" LOL. Someone please help my cousin!!

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

LoanMart is a bunch of evil crooks who don't care anything about customer service, and only care about money. I get threatening calls on a daily, and if I don't set up a payment and give them my banking info they will set my acct for repossession. I take responsibility for being late, but they don't care. They are absolutely the worst when it comes to customer service. I am gonna be force to get another loan just to get these ** off my back.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: July 30, 2016

In reference to 1800 LoanMart/Wheels Financial I had around 5 rollover loans with this company and I was determined to pay this 48-month loan off. Finally after many loan rollovers I was done. So on about 2015 I started to question 1800 LoanMart why after paying for almost 4 years why is my balance still at $9,200.00 and some change. I took out only two loans in 2012 and received only $500 both additional times. So on or about the end of 2012 November I had received a call from an agent from 1800 LoanMart saying "when you took out the loan for July the ** account they gave you the wrong loan number." I said "Ok. What do I need to do." They said "Nothing. We'll adjust this and send you a copy." Well I never received that copy and kept at them for it and they finally sent it in JANUARY 2016 and lo and behold those are not my signatures. I took the contracts to 3 different lawyers. They all said the same thing.

Now the contract number was ** and with amount owing at nine thousand dollars I did not sign for a 3rd loan for 2012. That would be absolutely not good and I would have never done this. These people took it upon their selves just because I had taken other loan rollovers they thought I would never know and I would be confused. Well I'm not and I know for a fact I did not sign a 3rd contract. They set this up big time and are committing consumer fraud greed and you know what they say about greed. I'm sure I was their scapegoat. They wanted to try this scam to see if they can get away with it. I have asked them for 2 years now to let me see the original copy that I signed. They never respond. You know why. They don't have one and they're scared of losing their business over one huge bad mistake. Come clean 1800 LoanMart. You know what you did. Just show me I signed this contract.

We are on to them and they send contradicting letters from their office by compliance but Attorney General and Business oversight are investigating those letters as we speak. They're contradicting their selves and they don't know what to say like a bunch of scared chickens. Well guess what. All the agency are on to your illegal business practice and I will be asking for this company's business license to be revoked. They know they screwed up by defrauding me with an illegal loan rollover. Guess what guys. I'm not stupid. Don't play me please and they sent copies of the forged contract and not even my finger print is genuine either. Wow. When they do produce an original it should match the forged copy they sent me and that is why they won't let me see the original cause there is no original and they're in a lot of trouble.

They just don't realize it yet but I'm going to make sure your business is shut down and 1800 Loan Mart deserve every bit of your license being revoked. Finally we may get the action against this company at last. You know why. They went too far absolutely and to think I trusted this business and if you have a similar thing going on please contact Attorney General. Complain or you can message me at **. They can charge all the fees they want. That's not the issue. You cannot forged a contract to mislead consumers. It's called consumer fraud and I will see that the court of law deals with this business asap so that no one else will become a victim of financial abuse in the matter of illegal loan rollovers. I have contacted the chamber of commerce and assessor's office and law enforcement with emails pertaining to their illegal business dealings in Encino California and what they did to me.

All they had to do was show me what I signed. Now we're forced to pull video I was in that store and my phone records because I have had my phone number for 10 years same number and all conversations that they called will be pulled. Not even California Check Cashing wants nothing to do with this business. They cut them off. Now they're having to resort to other places for business that are vulnerable to their schemes. You messed with the wrong consumer.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: July 15, 2016

I got a title loan on my car 3 years ago for $3500. As of today, 7/13/2016, I still owe $3000. These companies are awful. I have paid $350 a month... all of it is interest on the loan. They call and harass you at home, work. They don't care how despicable they are. Oh, if they are going to repo your car, you'll get a voicemail you won't be able to understand. Just listen for "be prepared"... cause that's all you'll be able to hear. These people are crooks and thieves. A loan from them is worse than dealing with the mafia. They are all friendly and great at the start, then... watch out. They don't tell you it's a loan you can NEVER pay off, EVER!!!

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: July 14, 2016

I have been very dissatisfied by this company and their robbery of people in need. Sometimes we all need some help and a title loan sounds like it might be the answer - well it could be if they were not so backhanded and deceitful. We all know we have to pay high interest - we get that but then to force people to pay additionally a fee to pay their payments that's just robbery. Go ahead and try to pay without an additional fee, good luck. They go into a payment location then the location charges a fee. Also if you want to pay a large portion at once they tell you "no you cannot pay more than 2 months payments plus $50 with your bankcard either online over the phone or even in person." None of this was told to you when you got the loan, you can only make such a payment in person with cash and yes there's still a fee to make your payment. These guys are crooks!!!

Am Anna ** by name. I live in Florida, United State Of America, who have been a scam victim to so many fake lenders online between SEPTEMBER last year, but I thank my creator so much that he has finally smiled on me by directing me to this new lender who put a smile on my face by not deceiving or lying to me. But whoever this lender whose name is Mr Michael ** gave me a business loan which amount is $200,000 USD last week, after my agreement to their company terms and conditions. And one significant thing I love about this loan company is its fast service and also its God fearing attitude for not being like other fake lenders online who scammed me before now by asking me to bring fees upon fees without getting the results of all those fees payment that I made to them. But all the same I still give glory to God that my storm is over now, and am now that busy woman that I used to be.

And also my business is now growing here in my country because I now have much capital to do my business properly before the year runs out without having to go and meet my bank for any assistant. Thank you Mr. Michael ** for this dream come true and I promise to try all my best to refer your loan company to others this year as you have als lend me a loan to start up my own business this year 2016. I will also refer customers to your company who are also in need of loan... Thanks so much over and over again and may God guide you all. Here is their email to contact them if you need loan too... Email **

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com)

Original review: May 6, 2016

I did not have a choice in the matter to go to LoanMart. The company I started my title loan with transferred their accounts to LoanMart. Loan does have lower payments, but payoff date is dragged out longer than the original company. They did not even pay off the original owners of the title loan. We found out they were supposed to give us the check and we pay the original owners. They send the check through moneygram and I had problems cashing it because my information was wrong either on LoanMart, Moneygram or Walmart. Information was entered wrong so I could not cash the check at Wal-Mart. LoanMart charges additional fees for payments unless you give a bank account/routing number, stop at a payment center or check. When I gave them my numbers, they got it wrong and were convinced that it had insufficient funds.

I called the bank and asked about the funds. I had just enough to cover it. If I did have insufficient funds, the bank would charge an overdraft fee or let me know of insufficient funds. This was last month and the first time I paid them on April 8th. They took a few days for the money to come out of my account. They sent me an email about the funds on the 13th and by the 14th, I called them again and found they had the wrong account numbers. It finally went through.

I just paid them on May 6th by phone and they told me I owe $15 in addition to my monthly payment for last month because they thought insufficient funds. They never said anything about $15 additional when I paid on April 14th and the money was taken out. They told me now when I went to make the payment and said the supervisors will look into it. I have overdraft protection and have proof on my bank statements transactions that there was not any overdraft. The only other company that has my account numbers is the electric company because they also charge if not using a bank account. When I do not have enough money for electric in the account I get hit with an overdraft fee if there is not enough money in the account. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU CAN HELP IT!!!

I went and got a loan from these guys. They were expensive, but they didn't hide the fact, and it was clearly stated on my contract. I knew what I was getting into, but needed the convenience of fast $$. I thought of it like buying milk at 7/11, it costs more, but it's worth it. Unlike others, I actually paid my payments on time, and when I paid the loan off (90 days after I got it), they sent me my title, and I was on my way. The account even showed up on my credit bureau, so it has helped me in more ways than one.

LoanMart (formerly 800loanmart.com) Company Profile