Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5
Get Pricing

Whitmore School is an online high school meant to help advance our students no matter where they are in life. Whitmore School knows that not all students were meant to be sitting in a classroom, and that is why we exist. We offer several courses with full diplomas that are accepted by colleges, universities, employers, and even US Military. At Whitmore School, we understand that not all students work the same way, that is why our teachers are trained to work with the student’s schedule, as well as working one-on-one with the student until the course is done. If you think Whitmore School is for you, then call us today and learn more about our program!

Whitmore School Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Original review: July 2, 2020

We got the tutor option with Whitmore and the enrollment process was fairly straightforward and simple to navigate. The program was flexible and mostly pretty solid. But my daughter can't move forward within the course until each lesson is approved for whatever expectation the teacher is looking for. One of her classes held her up quite a bit. She couldn't get past that one lesson that she kept having to do it again and again and again. When all of the lessons through most of the courses end up with effectively 100%, by statistical speaking, even if we burn that one lesson so that she can move on, she'd still end up with an A. So it cost her more than it was worth because it ate up a lot of unnecessary time. My daughter was confused on that one and she didn't know what was needed to be able to move forward. She just kept getting it back and saying, “You need to do it again.”

When you're stuck on one particular lesson for over three months, it's time to evaluate and whether they could circle back to it later or just kill it entirely. But in one way, the teacher should have been aware of the time frame and decided that her approach wasn't working and what else can she do so that the student can move forward. Because while that was going on as a whole, my daughter was losing interest. So she got to a point where she said she didn't know what to do and she didn't wanna do it. But things got resolved. The overall quality was very solid.

Whitmore School response

Thank you for your 5 Star review!

We are looking forward to your daughter's graduation. I just put up her awesome pictures in the slideshow.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 27, 2020

I sent my daughter to my country in Indonesia. She can follow the online schools the government has but the time is different. So, that means she has to wake up the right time to study because of the 24-hour time difference. I talked to one lady who has a daughter that also goes to online school. I told her my trouble with the government online school and she gave me the online price for Whitmore School and I thought that it might be better.

In the first year, my daughter didn't wanna stay there. So I lost my money because she didn't want to study. The next year, I told her that if she would go to college someday, she would have to finish school first. Then I will bring her back again to the United States someday and she can get a college degree here. So I signed her up for the second year.

I'm really very happy with Whitmore School. Every week I get the report card and if we call them, they answer us and they don't put us on hold for too long. It's a little bit hard to understand them on the phone. Then after some time, I asked a friend of mine to sit down with me when we call Whitmore. We were confused about why we would have to pay this and that. But their reps answered very nicely and they try to explain why we had the charges on the last bill.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Lily! Your daughter is so close to graduating, so pleased she is successful.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 12, 2020

I primarily chose Whitmore School for the flexibility of when we could start and how we could work the program. Aside from their model for pricing versus buying different courses, I like the way they approached online schooling with you buy for a year. I also I liked the way that they evaluated other GPAs. Enrolling was super easy, very smooth, and quick. They’re very attentive. I was able to talk to a lot of different people and have my questions answered before I made the decision.

My son really met the majority of his curriculum required to graduate, so he had a lot of flexibility in the courses that he took. He needed four and a half credits within the school based on their general requirements. He took courses that on the outlook wouldn’t be super hard, but the material was interesting. He found it was more interesting than he expected it to be. In a lot of cases, it was more work than he thought it would be. But it was pretty good because there was value in it versus just going through the motions ‘cause he had to get the credits. It was a great experience. In fact, I’ve referred several other people to Whitmore. One of my son's friends is enrolling for next year. We would certainly be a reference and we’ll continue to share it with others.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Erin! Please give our best wishes to your Son, hope he has success in his future endeavors.

Thank you for your referrals too!!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 21, 2020

The reviews about Whitmore School really stood out for me and their enrollment process was easy. We just had to submit the paper that we had from the school and that was all for the current grade that my daughter was going. My interactions with them all went smoothly. My daughter is more independent in her studies with Whitmore School and she’s doing better than in a regular school.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Gabriela! So glad to hear your Daughter is doing better in our school. Please tell her to keep up her good work!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 19, 2020

We were looking for a new opportunity for my daughter's school. It’s a bit of a challenge getting her up and moving in the morning. With some research online, we came across Whitmore and we thought this would be the way to go. She’s done really well with Whitmore School. I like the communication from the counselor once a week and the communication monthly from the counselor with the real updated report. She can have constant contact with her teachers, pretty rapid response, and they actually are learning. Being able to do the revisions on work assignments means that she’s actually learning and not just moving on without learning the core details.

The professors are great. I love the fact that my daughter's Spanish teacher lives in Chile. That’s amazing. They’re all over the place and she seems to develop a pretty good relationship with all of them. My daughter's confidence level is very strong now. I’m really impressed with Whitmore School and I tell everybody about it. With all of this COVID-19 that’s going on, she’s ahead of the curve here now.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Courtney! Your Daughter is doing very well with us. We are so pleased she enjoys Mastery Learning, it's so important to learn and retain the core principles of every lesson.
I will let Christine know your Daughter is enjoying her Spanish Class.
Thank you!!

Steve Ray

Original review: May 10, 2020

My daughter is sick and can’t attend school. With Whitmore, it’s three days and she likes that. Enrollment was very easy and cost is reasonable. My daughter finished Whitmore. Their personnel were all very attentive, and they would answer back quickly. She took pre-Calculus, English, Performing Arts, Chemistry and History. The only thing we didn’t like was the program itself in Math wasn’t very explanatory. We had to get tutors. All the Calculus related subjects are not okay. They don’t explain them well for the sit-in that I’ve had from that.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review Ana. Math is a difficult subject to learn online, I am glad you chose our Tutoring Program to help with it. So pleased to see your daughter was able to get an A in the course. We are always trying to improve and our Math courses are getting worked on as we speak.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 9, 2020

My daughter didn’t wanna go to public school. When I researched schooling options online, Whitmore got very good rating, and it was affordable. The enrollment process was fine. Because my daughter hadn’t met the age yet, she was asked to submit an essay, which she did. Then the dean contacted me after she did that, and then she told me about the program and explained different stuff to me. I chose one and then I paid the tuition, and she was able to start the next day.

Whitmore's team is great. They have reached out to me if there were bumps on the road. They had a point in time where my daughter was kinda behind, and they telephoned me. We talked about it, and we were able to figure out what the problem was and how to solve it. It’s been a very good experience. Whitmore is harder than public school. My daughter has to do a lot of research. She has to put in a lot of effort. It’s not like you just answer this questions. For everything, you have to kinda look for additional information. Every lesson kinda takes her a bit to do. When I looked at it, I realized she has to really put a lot into the assignment. According to her, she prefers it than public school. She said she likes it and she’s learning.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review Ikusha. Your daughter is doing very high quality work with us. We can tell she is putting in a lot of effort. That is the key for success at our school. Students that put the effort in will achieve success. Please tell her to keep up her great work.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 6, 2020

My eldest son prefers to do school online. He’s more of an introvert and did not want the traditional high school experience. Whitmore was suggested to us by the guidance counselor at the institution that he attended before we withdrew. All the communications are through their website. If you need to talk to someone, there are ways to contact people and have an interaction that way. Almost everything is done via email. It is a fairly comprehensive program. It stands up against a rigorous curriculum that he had when he was attending a more traditional school.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Charlotte. Looks like your Son is getting close to graduating. He just needs one more push to get over the finish line!

Steve Ray

Original review: April 27, 2020

My daughter had dropped out of public high school and needed to finish her education. I looked at different options and online schooling with Whitmore seemed like the best option for her. I sent an email then they called me and we talked about it. Then everything was done online. The school personnel have always been very supportive. The quality is pretty good. They don’t let her get away with good enough. They make her do the assignments until she gets them right, like revise, redo, until they’re correct. Whitmore has been very good with me for flexibility because my daughter didn’t finish in the time that we originally intended for her to finish her schooling. They worked with me on extensions. She stopped for a while and she was able to start back with just a phone call and starting right where she left off with no loss of credit or anything.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review Kathleen. Your daughter is doing very well and getting close to graduating!

Steve Ray

Original review: April 22, 2020

My daughter went to her private school through 8th grade, and then we decided to do the online schooling for 9th through 12th. I wanted to have more time to do other things. And some things that you do every day count as class work. That’s more experiential learning opposed to just in a classroom learning, so that’s a lot better. There were a lot of schools to choose from and it was really overwhelming. But Whitmore School was affordable and they had really good reviews. My daughter loves it. She’s old enough to pretty much be independent and do a lot of the school work, so there’s not a lot of parent involvement much. So, unless there are questions or anything like that, I can reach out to the counselor. Otherwise, you get to go in, check the status and make sure they’re on track for the graduation at the end of the year. You have the whole 12 months to actually do a year’s worth of work, and she should be done in another month or so.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Christina. So glad your daughter has transitioned well into online learning. She is very dedicated to her studies and is doing very well. I sure she is enjoying her life outside the classroom as well.

Whitmore School Company Information