Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5
Get Pricing

Whitmore School is an online high school meant to help advance our students no matter where they are in life. Whitmore School knows that not all students were meant to be sitting in a classroom, and that is why we exist. We offer several courses with full diplomas that are accepted by colleges, universities, employers, and even US Military. At Whitmore School, we understand that not all students work the same way, that is why our teachers are trained to work with the student’s schedule, as well as working one-on-one with the student until the course is done. If you think Whitmore School is for you, then call us today and learn more about our program!

Whitmore School Reviews

Original review: May 6, 2020

My eldest son prefers to do school online. He’s more of an introvert and did not want the traditional high school experience. Whitmore was suggested to us by the guidance counselor at the institution that he attended before we withdrew. All the communications are through their website. If you need to talk to someone, there are ways to contact people and have an interaction that way. Almost everything is done via email. It is a fairly comprehensive program. It stands up against a rigorous curriculum that he had when he was attending a more traditional school.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Charlotte. Looks like your Son is getting close to graduating. He just needs one more push to get over the finish line!

Original review: April 27, 2020

Whitmore was discovered by my wife and I through research on-line for an accredited high school for our son, Daniel. He had transitioned from going to a private Catholic School atmosphere to a public-school setting for his Junior year. The whole situation did not agree with him and he was experiencing many obstacles. When we contacted Whitmore, we immediately were put at ease. The administration was extremely helpful in the registration process. Within a few days of making contact, Daniel was taking the full allowable class load and thoroughly enjoying it.

My wife and I have always tried to be on top of both of our children’s schoolwork. Again, going from a Catholic School setting to a public one was not only difficult for him, but for us as well. We were very surprised and pleased with the course work he was doing and felt (and feel) he is getting a strong basis for his upcoming college life.

Now that he has almost completed his senior year course load, we have had opportunities to communicate with the administration staff as well as the teachers. All of them have been responsive, receptive and extremely helpful to not only him with his classwork, but also with parents that were skeptical at first. We are believers now though. Daniel applied to three universities of his choice and was accepted to all of them. Thank you to the administration, staff and teachers at Whitmore. You are providing a service more than you may even know.

Whitmore School response
Dan, thank you for your very kind words and 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear your son was accepted to all three of his chosen universities. He has taken responsibility for his education and that will serve him very well in college.
We are still planning on holding our graduation in Morgantown, WV on June 20th. Please let us know if there is anyway you and your family can attend.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My daughter had dropped out of public high school and needed to finish her education. I looked at different options and online schooling with Whitmore seemed like the best option for her. I sent an email then they called me and we talked about it. Then everything was done online. The school personnel have always been very supportive. The quality is pretty good. They don’t let her get away with good enough. They make her do the assignments until she gets them right, like revise, redo, until they’re correct. Whitmore has been very good with me for flexibility because my daughter didn’t finish in the time that we originally intended for her to finish her schooling. They worked with me on extensions. She stopped for a while and she was able to start back with just a phone call and starting right where she left off with no loss of credit or anything.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review Kathleen. Your daughter is doing very well and getting close to graduating!

Steve Ray

Original review: April 22, 2020

My daughter went to her private school through 8th grade, and then we decided to do the online schooling for 9th through 12th. I wanted to have more time to do other things. And some things that you do every day count as class work. That’s more experiential learning opposed to just in a classroom learning, so that’s a lot better. There were a lot of schools to choose from and it was really overwhelming. But Whitmore School was affordable and they had really good reviews. My daughter loves it. She’s old enough to pretty much be independent and do a lot of the school work, so there’s not a lot of parent involvement much. So, unless there are questions or anything like that, I can reach out to the counselor. Otherwise, you get to go in, check the status and make sure they’re on track for the graduation at the end of the year. You have the whole 12 months to actually do a year’s worth of work, and she should be done in another month or so.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Christina. So glad your daughter has transitioned well into online learning. She is very dedicated to her studies and is doing very well. I sure she is enjoying her life outside the classroom as well.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 18, 2020

I dropped from high school to pursue my dancing career, and I'm glad I found this school that allowed me to complete high school and get a diploma. After I searched online for many schools, I'm so happy that I chose Whitmore School. The staff and the teachers are fantastic. I found each course challenging and interesting. I definitely recommend this online high school.

Whitmore School response
Thank you Filippo for your 5 star review. I checked your transcript and congratulations on your Straight A's at Whitmore!! Hope your dance career takes off and some day we would love to see you dance.

Steve Ray

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Original review: April 11, 2020

My son was having some social issues at school. A friend at school said her sister’s daughter used Whitmore. We just contacted the high school and filled out things online. Enrollment was very easy. My son has English 10 and a science lab course about the human body. He seems to think that they teach a lot more in-depth than they do in the high school. The content is more direct and there's not a bunch of fuss. We’re told, “This is what you need to know, what you're gonna learn, and what you need to do to get there.”

There were just a couple things that he struggled with and it depended on the instructor. Although he ended up with a 10 on the assignment, they mentioned, “Maybe you could do this a little bit better.” He repeated that and set it back but was told, “Okay, now let’s work on doing this better.” To me it looked more like it was something that they're maybe told to do, to have the students revising things multiple times.

But for a parent, Whitmore is an easy experience. I’m a board-certified teacher, so I kinda know what I’m doing. But I look at this stuff and I’m like, “This is exactly what they need to prepare if they were going to go to college.” They had to do parents’ ethical citations. I’m like, “What the heck? They're not gonna do that in high school.” But that is something you would need if you go to college. You're gonna have to write essays in-house. It’s intense, but it’s exactly what they need.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review Barbara. Your son is doing very fine work with us. Not only are his grades outstanding, his activity calendar shows he is extremely dedicated to his studies.
Our teachers do take college prep seriously. The more we can teach him now, the more successful his college experience will be.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 6, 2020

It's a very good and convenient school. Especially for homeschoolers. The teachers here are nice and it's very interesting to study here. I think it's an wonderful online high school. It has a good design for the website. I hope I can have more fun here.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 Star Review Yiyan!

Steve Ray

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We chose online schooling because my daughter is a pre-professional ballerina, so she trains during the school day. Whitmore is not our first online school that we’ve been with, and we liked the focus on mastery learning and not just taking tests and getting a score. She’s able to complete an assignment, turn it in, then the teacher gives fantastic feedback and opportunities for revision. My daughter is learning a lot more through the process of revisions of assignments. The enrollment was very easy too. They were quick to communicate back. And looking at her transcripts, they were very helpful in choosing the right program. They're polite and seem knowledgeable. Everything’s been great and it’s a great learning environment. Whitmore is the best online school we’ve tried for sure.

Whitmore School response
Melinda, thank you for your review. Your daughter is very dedicated to her school work. I looked at her Activity Calendar and many weeks she is submitting work 7 days a week! With that drive I'm sure she must be an incredible ballerina.
So glad she sees the benefits of Mastery Learning. It's not easy to make revisions but the results are much better retention and understanding.

Steve Ray

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

My son trains in another state so we decided to go with online schooling. Whitmore offered guidance counseling and some of their reviews were good. And it did not take long at all to get him enrolled. We sent in a transcript and they reviewed it, then we went over a schedule. He has Math and English, and the quality of education is good. My son will complete his assignment, and then he’ll receive feedback from the teacher regarding the assignment he has completed. At this point, we’re happy with Whitmore.

Whitmore School response
Brenda thank you for your review. Your son is doing very well at Whitmore School. He is taking some difficult courses and getting very good grades.

Steve Ray

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I love this online school. My 22 year old son started this school in Texas when he was 16 and in 9th grade. We moved to Georgia and he finished high school a total of 2 years. Eric, my younger son went to public school for 9th grade last year. He started 10th grade with Whitmore High School and loves it. The teachers are great, and they work with you! Just ask them if you don't understand something. Funny thing is my younger son has some of the same teachers my older boy had. I have nothing but great things to say about this school. Well worth the money! I do have to sit with him sometimes to encourage him, but I love that time together. Whitmore/CompuHigh has a very professional staff. We are very happy!

Carolyn,
Thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased you commented on our teachers, many of them have been with us since our beginning (1994).
Your son is doing very well and his attendance is great. Please tell him to keep up his good work.

Whitmore School Company Information