It's that easy Request Information
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whitmore School is an online high school meant to help advance our students no matter where they are in life. Whitmore School knows that not all students were meant to be sitting in a classroom, and that is why we exist. We offer several courses with full diplomas that are accepted by colleges, universities, employers, and even US Military. At Whitmore School, we understand that not all students work the same way, that is why our teachers are trained to work with the student’s schedule, as well as working one-on-one with the student until the course is done. If you think Whitmore School is for you, then call us today and learn more about our program!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

123 Whitmore School Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

We were not living in the US and I wanted my son to have a US education. I liked the format of Whitmore School. It was self-paced and he didn’t have to set times where he had to be in class. The enrollment was fairly simple and it didn’t seem much different with enrolling in a non-US school that was local, except we had to scan and send everything instead of bringing them in person. We needed to get transcripts and the birth certificate, all the stuff proving that he's him and the things that are with normal US schools.

The personnel have been great and any time I had questions, they would stay on the phone with me and answer them. My son has special needs and the teachers were helpful when he got a mistake on something like doing a thorough job at explaining it, so he understood where he went astray. He would go back and revise that. So, we've had really good interactions. He has taken Government, Algebra, Geography, Geology, English classes and a practical math class. The quality of education that Whitmore offers has a really good value.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your 5 star review Amy! I am glad you mentioned our self-paced approach to teaching. Students can learn the required material if they can do it on their own pace. Your son is a good example, just look at his grades.

Steve Ray

Original review: July 4, 2019

We were moving so we chose to enroll our child in online schooling. We did a lot of research and our son is very tech-oriented. He was looking for a school that was not book-bound. Whitmore's curriculum, books, and everything are online so we chose them. The enrollment was pretty dang easy. We filled it out online and paid. We ran into Common Core English and that was a total nightmare. There were grammatical mistakes and the lessons didn't make sense. My son ended up only doing one semester of English and then he was also taking courses. This is another reason we went there. My son has been going to junior college since he was 14. We put more of his English junior college and he took off. He thrived quite well at junior college. But most of the other courses have been fine. Although it's been hard, because of the move, to keep him motivated. He's having difficulty kind of wrapping up and finishing.

It's been nice to be able to reach live people and talk to people. Everybody we've talked to speaks English and we've been able to ask questions and find out where things were at. They've done a pretty good job of making sure our son takes the right courses at junior college and they take some of his college coursework and apply it to what he needs to get his diploma. There has been some flexibility. We've made some changes along the way and that has been nice. If I had a friend that was looking for the kind of the things we were looking for, I'd definitely recommend Whitmore but I'm pretty empathic about making sure it's the right fit for somebody.

Tiffany,
Thank you for your review. My wife and I had the same goal when we were enrolling our daughter, no books, no tests. Allowing students to work at their own pace and truly mastering the material breeds success for everyone.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I liked Whitmore's approach. I liked the fact that when my daughter hands in her paper, it isn't the end. They work on it and she learns from the back and forth, the corrections and the support that she gets. Other schools that we were choosing prior, at that time of her life and with what was going on, were not working. But this is working. For the first time in her whole life, she has not had any problems with or complaints about school. Even when the assignments weren't her favorite, she plugged through them and did the assignments. Afterwards, we would be glad she did it and had to experience it.

She has taken science, English, math and history. She does Whitmore year-round but this summer, she's a little lagging. She's got one more class of her AP English and maybe one more assignment of her algebra. She's waiting to finish them both before she starts new classes. But studying at Whitmore School has made her structure her own time and do her own thing. Every once in a while I'd ask her how it’s going but I also have updates every week. Those are wonderful because then I don't have to nag on her. In fact, I haven't really had to nag on her at all.

In terms of going off to college, a lot of kids get nervous by the time they get there. They don't have anybody telling them when to do something or how they should do it. But my daughter would be ready to tackle that on her own. People have asked me about Whitmore and I’ve recommended them. The cost is amazing and the enrollment process was very easy. Even when I've checked in or had a question, those interactions have been great. They're there and they’re very supportive. They know exactly who my daughter is and where she is at.

Louise,
Thank you for your 5 Star Review! Your daughter is doing quality work with us, I just looked at her GPA with her pervious school and Whitmore. What a difference! Please tell her to keep up the good work.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 19, 2019

My daughter was missing too much school for her sport. Plus, with all of the problems and violence in schools, I chose to enroll her in online schooling. I live really close to Santa Fe, and it was shortly after the Santa Fe shooting. I did a Google search and looked at the top 10 schools. Whitmore is content mastery-based and not test-based. To enroll, I filled out a lot of forms online and I submitted her public school records.

She's taking typical 10th-grade classes. She’s still finishing up geometry. We enrolled in August, so she has until August to complete her six credits. Geometry, earth science, English, and social studies are one each. PE and health were half a credit each. She did Spanish too and I had to get a tutor for it because she went from Spanish 1 being taught verbally at school to being taught online, which was difficult for her. She has always struggled in math and I got her a tutor in math as well. She has been doing well otherwise. The quality of education she is getting is good. The cost in relation to the quality is good too. I paid less than $2,000. I’d recommend Whitmore School to everybody.

Whitmore School response
Tanya, thank you for your review. Your daughter is doing fine work with us. She received an A- in Geometry, which is not an easy math course. It looks like she utilized our Tutoring Program for that course, so pleased it helped.

Thank you! Steve Ray

Original review: June 9, 2019

Whitmore School came as a referral from my daughter's friend who had great success at Whitmore. We also enrolled our daughter and the process was very simple. We went online and studied all the information and then we had to have her previous school send them her transcripts. I had the email correspondence from a counselor who guided us after enrollment as to what classes she needed to take for her sophomore year. My correspondence with them was extremely informative and they were very prompt.

My daughter took English, Geography, Geometry, Spanish 1 & 2 and Biology in Whitmore. It was a great learning experience for her and she enjoyed it. For our first online educational experience, it was easy to follow, informative and extremely educational. Also, the cost is very economical. She was attending a private school prior to that and we spent way more on private school than we did for Whitmore. It was right in line with what we were getting. Whitmore is a great online school and I tell everybody about them.

Heather,
Thank you for your 5 Star review. Your daughter is achieving impressive grades with us. Please tell her to keep up the good work!

Steve Ray

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whitmore School?

Original review: June 8, 2019

I saw a lot of good reviews from others who have gone to Whitmore before so I had confidence that they're doing well in there. The cost was another factor I went with Whitmore. The enrolment process was easy. We got it done within a couple of hours. The staff is responsive and helpful. The program provides the kids with a flexible schedule to study and do their work.

My son has been more responsible with Whitmore School compared to how he was when he went to public school. He needs people to get the answers to his questions and with Whitmore, he gets better instruction from the teachers. It's not easy to learn, but it's more interactive or the way the course goes, it encourages him to keep doing it. He finished all his courses in just a short period of time because he enrolled late. But he's able to do well.

The only thing though is they don't have a lot of options for elective courses, especially in language. They only have Spanish. But other than that, I'm happy that I enrolled my son with Whitmore School. I'm also happy that I see my son doing better and as a parent, it is important when I see my son being more responsible and interested to do his school work.

Hi Nina,
Thank you for your kind review. Your son is doing very high quality work with us and his grades reflect it. He is also very dedicated, the activity calendar shows he submits work almost everyday!! Thank you for commenting about our teachers, this wouldn't be possible without their dedication to their students.

Steve Ray

Original review: June 7, 2019

My daughter is in the ninth grade in Whitmore School. She's taking social studies, Geometry, English, health science, and history. It has been a good opportunity for my daughter to become more independent in her studies. They have been reviewing her work and they give her appropriate feedback for her to correct whatever she needs to correct. She's been studying at her own pace, which was helpful for her and it gave her lots of extra time to do other things that she's interested in.

Although I didn't have any experience of homeschooling and I didn't know exactly how to help my daughter with it, Whitmore did the part very easy so she was able to accomplish the goals on the academic goals for this year. I also didn't have a problem with the board of education here after I submitted reports that the school provided me with. The learning experience for my daughter is very good and I feel good about it. Whenever I have any doubts, I call them, and they answer my questions promptly.

Roxana,
Thank you for your 5 star review. Your daughter has taken responsibility for her education, she is submitting work almost everyday! Her grades are fantastic, you must be very proud of her. Please tell her to keep up the good work.

Steve Ray

Original review: May 30, 2019

I thought online schooling was better for my son to have a better learning environment so he wouldn’t have to feel the pressures of regular public schools. I decided to go with Whitmore due to the fact that it was all about mastery learning. I think that’s just better. They don’t pass you unless you master the subject and that’s something that’s invaluable to me and my family. The enrollment was very easy. I was able to go online and put in his basic information. About an hour later, I decided to call them and they already had my information up and basically stated down. We had to prove them with two transcripts from his prior schools and he was enrolled that very same day after payment was set up. The pricing of the school was also very good.

The instructors were very nice to my son at all times, even at times when he felt frustrated. They exercised great patience and always kept him focused on the end goal, which was to master the subject that they were learning at that time. He took English 11 and 12, Spanish 1 for half a semester for half the credit, and Spanish 2 for the whole credit. He also took Geometry and Algebra. The education is very high quality and we should let more people know about Whitmore.

It was a wonderful opportunity for my son to excel and know that school isn’t a bad place. You can go to online school, really enjoy yourself, learn at the optimal level and achieve the goals that you had set out. The primary reason for school is learning and Whitmore School emphasizes that. It’s a great organization and school. They've definitely helped my son achieve his goals of high school success. It was a very satisfying experience. It was great for my son and he would totally agree also. My child is very happy knowing that he graduated and got a very quality education. The graduation ceremony that they put on was wonderful too, especially getting kids from all over the United States to come together in one area.

Whitmore School response
Thank you for your review. I agree, mastery learning is a great way to truly learn the material and be able to retain it.
Thank you for coming to the 2019 Graduation, it was great to meet you and Tyler in person. We all hope Tyler has a successful future.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 27, 2019

My child has health issues so we enrolled her in online schooling. We like the course offering in Whitmore School and their personnel have been very helpful. Her learning experience has been well suited for her situation. She's enjoyed her teachers, and they'd given good feedback. Also, the cost has been appropriate in relation to the quality of education she's receiving. I love the communication options too. We just signed up, where they email us and keep us up-to-date, and that's been great.

Whitmore School response
Stephanie, thank you for your review. Your daughter has done excellent work at Whitmore School. We wish her the best and success in her next chapter of life.

Steve Ray

Original review: April 24, 2019

My daughter was having increased issues at the public school. She was classified as having an IEP so she has a disability. I'm an advocate for young peoples with those types of disabilities and it is important to me that they receive the resources that they need to be successful. She is also a dancer so we travel a lot. We wanted a better fit for her socially and to impact her dancing too, making it a lot easier for her and Whitmore is the best decision that we have made. When I was checking the reviews and the curriculum of that nature as I was fairly new to the process of public or private schooling at home, Whitmore had awesome reviews and their mastery program was exceptional. It allows the child to make sure that they exhibit the factors that they needed for that section to be successful.

My daughter has been with Whitmore since January. We went through a pretty simple enrollment process and their staff was amazing. They walked me through it. Kathleen was awesome. There were also several different staff members at Whitmore School that can help the parents, assist the parents and be available. We came from public school and she was able to do second-semester 9th grade and finished it pretty much early. We took the basic classes that were needed to complete 9th Grade and had the awesome opportunity to start 10th Grade classes a whole month before the normal school would be out.

As a parent, I am extremely pleased with Whitmore and there is so much I can say about it. The program has helped my daughter extremely. Her grades have extremely changed. She is excelling and I'm telling people, even in her dance community. When asked if my daughter goes to public school, I tell the moms to check out Whitmore.

Dear Marquita,
Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review. Your daughter is doing some incredible work with us! So pleased she has made a schedule that works for dance as well as school. She is taking responsibility for her education which is a huge achievement! You should be very proud of her.

Whitmore School Company Information