4.33/5
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings

University of Phoenix School of Nursing

The University of Phoenix offers undergraduate and graduate online Nursing degrees. Read more University of Phoenix reviews to learn about other degree programs offered. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

18 University of Phoenix School of Nursing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

Lack of integrity! I finished my classes and even walked for graduation! Upon requesting for my diploma I was told I was short 1 class and I would not get my diploma! Still paying for my BSN and no degree! Don’t waste your time attending! What good is an education if the school doesn’t give the diploma!!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

The University of Phoenix is well known and accredited. When you become a student at this university, it is easy to see that the administrators want to see you succeed. They meets all of the educational needs that I have. The online program is great for a variety of reasons. I can take classes at a time that works with my schedule. This type of program is great for parents who don't have as much as others might have. It is also great for anyone returning to school. And the price of tuition is very good as well. The school is great and the classes are informative. The teachers and staff are doing a great job. They are helpful and they are always ready and available when needed.

Get expert buying tips about Online Nursing Programs and Nursing Schools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 25, 2018

I was able to access my courses at my convenience and the instructors were very responsive to any of my questions and concerns about the subject being studied. But I did not like the team learning concept because sometimes the other team members were either late in completing their assigned task or failed to do the task at all. This failure often lead to either myself or other team members taking up the slack by completing the missing assignment which was not done by the delinquent team member. Other than that I really enjoyed my experience at the institution. I especially enjoyed the convenience of the online learning concept.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I loved having the option to talk to the professor one on one. I liked that I could turn in my work at the end of the week and the ability to read and work on my time schedule. This allowed me to continue working at the same time. I truly enjoyed learning new and exciting perspective. Many professors provided me with great feedback and I loved learning new perspective on things. The ability to have other opinions on the same subject was eye opening too. But there were times when group projects were difficult due to not having the support of the others involved in the group. Sometimes when there was a question on s particular subject it can be hard to get the clarification that is needed.

Original review: April 23, 2018

You're at home and you want to take online classes. Fits into your schedule so you can attend and study and work really hard and be happy that you completed it. I'm just curious as to what's out there knowing all the areas one might take. Everything is great and ways to sign up. I really want to see the end result. Spelling, history, math, reading, writing, geology, health & wellness, woman studies or other health and I would tour a school and get some ideas about the way the college sees its student.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about University of Phoenix School of Nursing?

Original review: April 22, 2018

You can do it in your time, take as long as you need to or complete it more quickly but they are always there to help you to make sure you succeed at whatever pace works best for you. But give more choices on courses and teachers. The site works great and it's super easy to use so it hardly ever is down to make me take longer to do my studying. It works really well. My overall experience with this online program and courses I have taken are great. They are dedicated to make sure you will succeed and it helps motivate you and give you confidence.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I had the support I needed from my professors and I was able to learn at my own pace, on my own schedule and on my own time. I had a wonderful experience. The professors helped me through the toughest times and I got received my degree in no time.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The online program at the University of Phoenix School of Nursing was very convenient to take. I was able to take classes and study on my own time and the program fitted my busy schedule. I liked everything about online program at University of Phoenix School of Nursing. But I would include more 24/7 help and instant chat. Other than that my overall experience taking courses online at University of Phoenix School of Nursing was very positive. I was able to complete courses working full time and taking care of my family.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have a job that I do love and need to be able to fully immerse myself at work but still have time to take classes. I have taken courses to help me with my HR work. I am a nurse and have been for many years but have been working in HR at my job for the last 15 years. I have hands on experience in my job but would like a degree also. With University of Phoenix School of Nursing, you can take classes and still work full time, which is important to me. Though I am happy that there are such great online classes, I wish there was a way to have faster, more intense courses so that you could learn and graduate faster.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Everything to me is great. I like the way I can speak or chat with someone at any time when I have a question or concern. It was very easy to understand the program, turn in the work, and see how I'm doing, also to connect with my instructor or others at any time especially when something is hard to understand, you don't have to try to figure it out on your own because you have help. Everyone is always helpful and available for any reason they may be needed, so that's a great thing. They're doing a really good job.

Original review: April 17, 2018

There were great aspects and so much learning and growth from my experience at the University of Phoenix School of Nursing. There are various positives of an online learning environment and the convenience of online learning is one of the most appreciated aspects of this program. The cost was a minor issue for me considering tuition was paid with no loans, however, they do offer many discounts and scholarships for qualified students to take advantage of. Overall the quality of education was good and the experience was worth it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

University of Phoenix School of Nursing is a great place to take classes. Great staff, friendly and supportive. No other schools offer competitive rates. There is freedom and ability to complete courses in a timely fashion and according to your schedule. I would highly recommend University of Phoenix School of Nursing to anyone needing to pursue or further their educational experience and broaden their horizons.

Original review: April 15, 2018

The University of Phoenix School of Nursing is great at providing students an opportunity to get an education without making them go into the traditional learning environment. For me this meant I was able to take classes while still taking care of my family. This is so very important to me because as a single mom I need to be present. Classes are flexible and teachers are very understanding. However, the price of admission is very high for the average person which doesn't make the school very inclusive.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Registering and obtaining resources for classes have been easy. I have had support from instructors and good experiences with the courses that I have taken part in so far. But I didn't like not having one on one interaction with the instructor. Being in different time zones than the instructors and other students can make it difficult when submitting assignments on time. But other than that, they have completely online and easily accessible classes and studies. Working full time I wouldn't be able to do traditional school. I like being able to registered online and not have to go to campus for anything.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I like that University of Phoenix School of Nursing is online so there is a level of independence with that and also a lot of responsibility. With online courses it is sink or swim, but it is solely up to you how that goes. The courses give you an allotted time frame. If you work or have kids it is a strain sometimes, but if you keep plugging through it will be worth it and I guarantee it. I know what it feels like to be so close... and so far away at the same time... but I put my head down and just concentrate on my goal. The curriculum is hard sometimes and challenging but it is to groom you into the best that you can be... If you can come through all the study late nights... working in the morning... holding a sick child while finishing your finals... You have become a better, more tired person with a better paycheck and a better life for you and your family.

Original review: April 6, 2018

University of Phoenix School of Nursing is fun and exciting. The classes are easy to follow and thorough. The website is set up very nicely and allows for easy navigation. I really like the teacher and the availability of the teachers and the fact that I can set my own pace. However, I dislike the cost. It is very expensive to attend this college and can make it hard to afford and even to apply. Financing is available but it still costs too much. But I have had a very pleasant experience and really enjoy how easy it is to complete the classes and do the work.

Original review: April 5, 2018

At University of Phoenix School of Nursing, you can work at your own pace. Compared to a physical classroom, it is more relaxed and laid back. It is a good course, but some of the classes are hard. Also, if you need help you don't get it immediately. You don't have students and teachers to communicate with like in a class, if you have a question it won't get answered the same as in a class. But it is very enlightening, enjoyable and fairly easy to understand.

Original review: April 4, 2018

What I liked about the University of Phoenix School of Nursing online program was the ability to do it on my own time while I continued to work and take care of my family at the same time. It was empowering and it worked for me. Overall I had a great time earning my degree and being able to get my dream job from it. However, I would like the classes to be cheaper. But I also really enjoyed my classes and would consider going to this school again later on for a higher degree.

University of Phoenix School of Nursing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The University of Phoenix School of Nursing provides registered nurses with flexible bachelor’s and master’s degree options as well as multiple healthcare certificates. Course curriculum is designed with employers in mind and aligns with many professional organizations such as the American Nurses Association (ANA).

• Nursing programs: The University of Phoenix offers bachelor’s degrees in health administration and nursing (RN to BSN). Master’s nursing degrees are offered with multiple concentration options including nurse administrator, nurse education and informatics. In addition to graduate programs, The University of Phoenix offers many different types of post-graduate certifications.

• Accreditation: The University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Its Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).

• Tuition: Tuition for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) is $410 per credit for 100-200 level courses and $510 per credit for 300-400 level courses. Tuition for a Masters of Science in Nursing is $595 per credit. Each degree has a resource fee of $165. Consumers can go online for a full cost breakdown of each type of nursing program offered.

• Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): Students can apply relevant work experience towards college credits through the PLA program. To qualify, students can create a Professional Training Portfolio online describing relevant work experience and write an experience-based essay on an approved topic. The essay should show how knowledge from relevant work experience has been gained through theory and application. There is a one-time submission fee of $150 and a fee-per-credit of $75.

• Admission: Admission requirements differ depending on the level of degree that is desired. Consumers can check online for a full list of admissions requirements for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral degree levels.

• Best for: registered nurses wanting to get an advanced degree in nursing.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs