3.9/5 (418 ratings)

About Pilot Freight Services

Pilot Freight Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I mistakenly ordered two televisions from Walmart. I accepted one from Pilot Freight, but I refused delivery of the second. The delivery person signed for it and stole it. Pilot did nothing to help!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I've been hung up on several times now. They don't even pick up. After going through the automated process, they hang up. I'm simply waiting on a mattress and it says the estimated delivery date was 4 days ago. I can't believe a shipping company can be this incompetent in this day and age. Seriously terrible!!

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I called and hired PF to pick up and ship an 8x10 rug. The Orlando-based representative never asked if I needed insurance. PF lost the rug. LOST and 8x10 rug! I had to follow up with them at least 15 times for status. After months and months, they just were like, 'yea it's lost.' The rug was $600. I then demanded a claim be filed so I could get reimbursed for the rug since pilot freight lost it; I filed a claim, only to be denied by PH. I have called and tried to speak with managers, with no returned calls. Several times, after being on hold, I'm just hung up on, never getting a returned call.

I am beyond furious. Oh, now they are sending me collective correspondences wanting me to pay for the rug! The rug they never shipped! The rug they lost! They want money for a service they were never rendered. And now they are threatening to place me in collections? This company exhibits everything that is wrong with corporate America. Please, DO NOT use this company. You're guaranteed to receive terrible service, all while being disrespected.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I scheduled an appointment with Pilot Freight. Took off work and they canceled it at the last minute. Then the women that I dealt with had the audacity to put on Amazon that I refused to receive it. She is one that scheduled the appointment. I held up to my end of the deal. Pilot freight did not. They told me a driver called off sick. That wasn't my problem. They should of had someone else to deliver it! I never want to deal with them again. I lost money and my valuable time for their screw up!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I didn't choose this company for shipping. I ordered a TV online through Walmart. Original delivery date was 10 days after purchased. That day came and went with no delivery. Website showed original delivery date still. Next day Walmart updated to just delayed. I contacted Pilot and was just told it could take 7-10 days but they couldn't update me any more than that. Website said I need to schedule the delivery but get an error everything. I live in Montana and am told that my TV that shipped from Sacramento, CA. Would get to my local area which they consider Salt Lake City. And I should receive an update once it arrives there. 10 days later it still hadn't made it to Salt Lake City even. Customers service is definitely not high priority for Pilot. I don't know how they are still being used by reading these reviews. I'm guessing they are super cheap for shipping and that's why they don't care about the product they are paid to deliver.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Pilot drivers delivered a bathroom vanity to me this a.m. This was the worst delivery ever! They left my delivery sitting in the middle of my yard in a ant pile! The ant bed didn’t just arrive today and it was obvious it was an ant bed when they left it. Number 2 it was my trash pick up day and my drivers almost mistaking my delivery as trash.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I had Pilot deliver a vanity from Lowe's warehouse. The drivers knew I want to look at the vanity to make sure nothing was broken, for the box came to my door with a lot of dust and tape on the top. The drivers even made a comment the the box looked ancient! So I told them I wanted to look at the vanity to make sure it was not broken as I was trying to do that they insisted that I sign for it. Then they walked away, knowing once I signed for it they would not have to return it! So got the box open and sure enough the vanity marble top was broken. They were still there closing up their truck, I told them, "Come back and get it, it was damaged!" They said, "We can't take it back!"

So I called the Pilots customer service and they told me, "Once you sign for it we can't return it!" I told them, "You knew, I wanted to look at it and if it was broken it was going back!" They knew what they were doing when in the middle of opening the vanity if they could get me to sign they would be off the hook to return it! Poor Customer service! I tell you don't order online from lowe's, because this is the company they use to deliver online items... such as vanities, etc. Please go through the store to get your items. Shame on lowe's for using this company.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Ordered a grill from Walmart with an expected delivery date of two days. A week later and still no grill. It was literally picked up 40 mins away from my house. As I have seen in the other reviews this is very typical of this company. Unfortunately I didn’t choose them. Walmart did.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I am waiting weeks for a time sensitive delivery from. PA to NYC (It’s. 2 hour drive). The parcel is a few hundred pounds and sits on a palette. The only thing they can tell me is it left PA and got to JKF. After days of emails and no reply and listening to recorded voice mails I finally got to speak with a person. Their attitude was “too bad”. I’m amazed by the incompetence and disrespectful attitude. One would hope it’s a barcode system. How is it possible to just misplace something the size of a small refrigerator? Shocked that their management allows this to go on. Horrible across the board. Avoid using them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I ordered some vertical blinds and the company used Pilot Freight as their shipping provider. Order was shipped on 1/13 and was supposed to be delivered on 1/21. The tracking website indicated the order was picked up on 1/14. After that, nothing. After numerous calls/emails/etc., it was first indicated that my shipment was sitting on a truck in Texas and had not been unloaded. Then it was indicated that my shipment could not be found and was deemed lost. They indicated every other shipment on that truck had been unloaded and shipped but mine looked to be lost. How they could lose a shipment of 10 ft tall vertical blinds when every other item on that truck supposedly was offloaded and delivered is beyond me. I contacted the blind company and indicated to them they needed to use a reputable company instead of Pilot Freight. Based on other reviews, I am not sure how any company could use them as their shipping partner.

Pilot Freight Services author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

Pilot Freight Services Company Information