2.83/5

90 Pilot Freight Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After seeing so many very negative reviews, I feared the worst when I was notified that Pilot Freight was the company that would be delivering my WinkBeds mattress from Wisconsin to New York. I had instructed my wife about what to do if the box arrived damaged. Thankfully, we had no problems at all, so I'd thought I'd post a review to indicate that at least some deliveries are handled fine. I received an initial automated email from Pilot on Thursday, 1/17, that they were handling my shipment from WinkBeds and would be calling me to schedule a delivery appointment. They called on Monday, 1/21, and said they would be doing deliveries in my area Tuesday or Friday. I chose Friday, 1/25, and they gave me a window of 12:30-4:30pm, and asked if I would like a call 30 minutes before they would arrive, which I said yes to. The driver called on Friday around 1:15pm and delivered the mattress at 1:44pm. The box was in perfect condition.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I saw several bad reviews on this company which I am sure are valid however I wanted to share my experience today January 22nd. My delivery window was set from 9am - 9pm. The truck arrived at 2:10 pm and were done unloading and setting up my Purple mattress by 2:20 pm. Although they did not call before they arrived they were quick and courteous.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I bought an item from Dell and was very worried about getting my shipment after reading these reviews but I did not have the experience these people had. I did take a proactive approach to call and schedule my appointment. They gave me a 5 to 6 hour window. Understandable as these people are driving all over the state. I received a call around 430 pm. They said they would be there in 10-15 minutes. Got here in 20 minutes. No complaints there. My product was not broken and works perfectly. I feel it was a smooth process. Just letting people to consider when reading all these horrible reviews. I don't feel there is anything to worry about here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So I had never heard of Pilot Freight, but when I saw that Amazon was using them as a 3rd party shipping company I was a bit worried. I have had less than great experiences with any shipping outside of the big boys of the industry. I decided to look them up and I was absolutely terrified after reading all of the horror story reviews of peoples experiences. My experience was so much the opposite that I felt compelled to leave my own review and balance out the scales a little bit.

I chose my delivery time and date at checkout and there was no issues with that. I had no contact with the shipping company prior to shipping day. Email was provided should I need to make any changes prior to the day of. Window was 12-3. They called around 12:30 to say that they were 30 minutes out. Upon arriving they gave me no issues and box was in pristine condition. They entered the house, placed the TV in the room of my choosing, unpacked it, installed the mounting legs, powered it on to test function and that the screen was intact. They were clean and cordial. Removed the shipping straps and were going to remove the box but left it at my request.

My absolute only issue was that when they were maneuvering the TV to put the legs on they pivoted it from the bottom to the side using the corner to roll it that way. That puts the entire weight of the TV on the corner for a moment and can cause cracking of the bezel and/or screen. To the best of my knowledge he did support some of the weight while flipping it and in the end there was no issue. I just figured that If I had to pick one thing, and there only was one, to address as a negative that would be it. Not enough in my mind to downgrade my experience to a 4 star.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So I was looking for tv deals online and I found Z9D for the price I wanted it for with tax. When it shipped I notice Dell was not using UPS but a carrier named Pilot Freight Services. Never heard of them. When doing my due diligence I was seeing on this site how horrible the customer experience dealing with the shipment process... Delayed or loss of shipments, products being damage on arrival. Just like anyone else I panicked and worried my 4000$ TV was going back in glass pieces to Dell because of poor care handled by "PFS". Surprisingly it went well.

When your order is ship I would immediately call customer service (1-800 number) to make sure your shipping info was right which it was. They advise me to call the Houston destination HUB Monday when shipment arrived at destination hub (mine was in Houston Tx). On delivery day the driver and the HUB will contact you to inform how far he is from your place and call when he arrives. I was wrong about Pilot and they were very understandable along this whole process. Ask for Michelle if you're setting up your delivery appointment ordering if in the TX area. She is very understanding. Order on the 19th came in on the 25th 5 -6 days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: May 11, 2019

Today is 05.11.2019, pilot has had my shipment since 05.04.2019, it took 3 days for my shipment to move 16 miles! Another 3 days to move 600 miles. Appointment scheduled for 10am-2pm -- they showed around 1:30PM. This was a large Dell Monitor, per Dell this was a fragile item that required a specialty carrier... The box looks as if it were thrown off a loading dock and run over several times, the end of the box was totally ripped off and open....WHAT? This is absolutely unacceptable, if this box looked this bad when it arrived in Richmond WHY would you attempt delivery?

Original review: April 26, 2019

Updated on 05/03/2019: I had been having a go round with Craftmatic and Pilot on getting my bed delivered. Today was the day. They arrived - ripped my neighbor's cable down and had to carry the bed from up the street to my house. They set up the bed but appeared to be in a hurry. I didn't get an owner's manual and, after they left, I found my mattress warranty floating in a puddle of water in my drive. My contract also stated they would remove the old mattress. They refused unless I paid $20 for the mattress and $20 for the box springs. I am not finished with Pilot yet. I have already called Craftmatic to get a quick lesson on how to use my bed and to tell them I still have the old mattress. I will call them back Monday to further advise them. I am not a happy camper with Pilot. I just hope I never have to use them again.

Original Review: I ordered a Craftmatic bed and it was delivered to Cleveland, Ohio on April 18. As of April 25 it was still sitting in Cleveland. Pilot told me they were having a problem getting it delivered. Talked to Craftmatic and they had it sent to Columbus, Ohio. I ordered the bed over two weeks ago. Craftmatic is trying to get it delivered but I talked to Pilot a little while ago and they said they were having a problem with Craftmatic beds. I am so disappointed in Pilot but Craftmatic has been trying to get the bed to me. As of right now the bed is sitting in Columbus, Ohio. If I weren't a senior citizen I'd arrange to pick it up myself and put it together but that is not possible. I feel I am at their mercy. After reading all the rest of the reviews I am not surprised at this. I just hope Craftmatic will start using someone else for deliveries.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Gazebo from Big Lots was scheduled on Friday. I needed it changed to today l (Monday 4/22/19) and was given a time frame of 12-5pm without any issues and was told I’d receive a call from the drive a 1/2 before delivery. At 445pm, no call. I called the main number and they said it was out for delivery, the representative gave me the p# for warehouse where the item was coming from (helpful). I called the warehouse and they said it was on the truck and out for delivery. Further, the representative advised I was about 60 miles from them and I would be one of the last stops and that she would call the driver directly for a better ETA.

A short time later, the woman advised she spoke with the driver and he was on his way and would be calling me in a few minutes. 3 1/2hrs later, nothing. I called the warehouse again and was advised (by a different representative) that several other people have called reporting their time frames had passed and the driver was behind and, “he would be out all night until he’s completed his deliveries.”

I asked the woman if she can call the driver to see about an ETA and she reported she could not, she needed to email the company directly (the previous person said she talked to him so who is not telling the truth?). She said wait a little bit longer to see if he calls (mind you it’s now 8pm at the time of this conversation). As of this review it’s 915pm and nothing. This shipping was $150. My whole day needed to be changed to accommodate this. DO NOT USE. Before purchasing item, ask who will be delivering the item. If it’s Pilot Freight request a change or shop elsewhere. You’ve been warned.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Unbelievable incompetence. 2 weeks to receive a pkg (18'x18'72') that FedEx would bring in 3 days! First a week to get from Wi to DFW, then it sat at DFW for a week, then passed off to some hillbilly cousin Leroy, who passed it off to his cousin Billy **, who's phone doesn't work, and my bed is probably sitting in the back of a Ford pickup at the starlight trailer park, until he can get some gas money to bring my bed. Pilot said, “We have to talk to you before we can bring it.” WELL WHY HASN'T ANYONE CALLED? Crickets... Then said it was passed off to Billy **, then his cousin, and they will be contacting you and gave me Leroy’s number, that wasn't working. If you buy a Wink bed, you better have it shipped yourself. Just look at the reviews for this place!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I ordered a large piece of equipment and the company I ordered it from used Pilot Freight Services, now I wish they had not used them. In this dog eat dog and competitive world of logistics I would think they would be more carefully with the freight that they haul. This was a high profile project that needed undamaged and delivered on time, this didn’t happen. Very disappointed. Wasn’t offered any above and beyond help with the matter, it was a phone call that said, "Do you want it damaged or not!" I would not recommend them for any shipping needs.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Ordered a deep freezer from Sam's Club on the 21st and it's still not clear when I will receive my freezer. They don't update or call when expected. I'ma just cancel the damn order and just go get it from the store itself. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY ON THEM. They really do suck! K. **.

Original review: March 26, 2019

A kayak was set to be delivered Friday from a window of 4-7. It didn’t show up, give them a call Saturday and they say they will have someone call me Monday. No one called. So I called them again Monday night, set up deliver for Tuesday the next morning with a window of 9-12. STILL NOT HERE!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I placed an order online and the company used Pilot Delivery for shipping. Scheduled delivery day comes and goes so I call and ask when I could expect the package. Pilot delivery gave me attitude and basically yelled at me saying they don’t have any such package on their dock yet the tracking said it was there. After calling the customer service and still getting attitude I decided to call the original company I bought from, told them what happened, and requested a replacement and asked if they could use a different delivery service other than Pilot (thankfully they will). If there was a way to give ZERO STARS on this review I totally would. I would not recommend Pilot delivery to even my worst enemies.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have never in my life have so much trouble from a company. I ordered a mattress and box springs. It was supposed to be delivered on March 14th. It wasn't. Then ON Friday March 15th we get a call roughly 9 am stating they would be at our house between 12-3 pm. At 4 pm my husband called to see where our delivery was at. The gentleman told my husband we were marked down for not being home. (WHICH WE WERE HOME ALL DAY). The guy then told my husband he would call back in 10-15 minutes. Their guy said "it had been marked by mistake and that our mattress and box springs wasn't even on the truck." The guy then stated "the earliest they could get us our mattress was Monday when they came back down this way but if we really needed it they could bring it on Saturday."

Around 6:15 pm on March 15th their guy called back and said "As we were opening the box we noticed that the mattress was damaged and it looked like a fork lift had been run through it. Do you want it?" My husband told the guy if it was damaged we did not want it. I called the company about what we were told and asked about a replacement and how long it would be. The company said that the delivery company had marked it down that we accepted it and that I SIGNED for it. NO one ever came to our home at all that day.

I have been on the phone for several hours talking to Pilot and the company we ordered from. NO one seems to know what is going on or Where our mattress is. I called On Monday and Pilot said they emailed the company twice about the damage but the company has no record of it at all. I called again today Wednesday and the company said that Pilot updated their system as our mattress being delivered today at 11:00 am. Again no one has came to our home. ON my screen for tracking it has been delivered 3 times but yet not delivered to our home. I am beginning to think this company or employees might be doing some backdoor sales and lying to their customers. It has been almost a week of talking to Pilot and I feel like I am trying to negotiate a hostage deal and losing. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: March 19, 2019

You'd think that with a logistics company they would at least know the basics of how to get packages from Point A to Point B. Unfortunately with Pilot Freight, this is not the case -- it's far from it. Day after day floods of complaints from customers who either have not received their items roll in. If you have the misfortune of having an item being delivered by Pilot, you can expect the following:

1.) Lost items.
2.) Broken/damaged items.

3.) Missed deliveries (Sometimes up to six in a row!).

With the number of service failures these guys have, it's a shocker how they still manage to stay afloat. There's a reason that companies such as FedEx and UPS are the top go-to for shipping items, cause they know what they're doing, actually work to address issues as they come up, and have a solid reputation. Instead of boasting your inflated numbers in a desperate attempt to bump your poor ratings, maybe figure out why your items keep going missing or arrive broken so you don't piss off every single customer you deal with. Also, stop treating your employees terribly and maybe you won't have as much turnover and short staffing.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Run from this delivery service if possible. After multiple emails, shipping the product to the wrong location, lying about expediting the furniture (after it was already 17 days delayed) and then "ghosting" me when asked for an update after they promised weekend delivery, I received an email from ROVE CONCEPTS (the company I ordered the $1,500 dresser from) stating that PILOT notified them they LOST the dresser and are unable to deliver it. My PILOT rep was: Nabeel **/ Operations. DO NOT EVER USE THEM.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Please please please do not use these guys for delivery!! Awful service and failure to communicate. I ordered a 75 inch tv and not only was it delivered late and broken the guy literally had his box truck spinning the tires leaving my driveway! He knew damn well the product was damaged. Do not use these guys. They are CROOKS!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This company is not only rude but they lied and said they delivered the item. Also stated I refused item when they called to set up a delivery time. I asked what item. They said something I did not order. They had the wrong item. Told them that’s not what I ordered a few weeks ago but they still have not contacted Walmart or me about the item I ordered. Walmart is the worst as well to order from. Just order direct. Do not use Walmart and Walmart should not use this freight delivery company Pilot. And don’t get me started on the effort I had to put in to get a refund $1100. Still don’t have a refund and a month later still no item. I’m very upset.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Ordered a television from Sam's Club. This was the people responsible for delivering it. Had a tracking message it be here 2-14 at 6 pm. My neighbor found the "attempted delivery paper" floating in her yard. Called Sam's customer service - assured me it would be delivered Monday 2/18/19 at 6 pm. Called this person-called that number- only to find out they were closed for the day. Never will I order anything from Sam's Club. I will purchase in store. Not worth the hassle or aggravation!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I spent 6000 dollars on furniture and one of the guys dropped a piece of my end table on my coffee table and nicked them both. I filed a claim and the week ends only canceled the claim without notifying me! The bosses numbers I was given refuse to answer my phone calls or call me back. This is just a shame and so greedy it makes me sick!! I would not refer anyone to use their services or buy their furniture. I paid for new furniture not nicked furniture!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Where is my 100+ lbs package?! I provided simple instructions to deliver the item to the leasing office, however you deliver it to someone by a name who obviously does not work within the office. I am beyond pissed! I didn’t even receive a phone call or email regarding any issues or possible delivery. Horrible and not professional!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I feel 1 star is too high for this company. If I could they would get zero stars. The screen on my $2000 TV was shattered. There was a gash in the box at point of impact that caused the damage. Now the retailer is out of stock online and I have to go thru a different retailer that is going to charge me $259.50 for shipping. I have video footage on my security cameras of the delivery driver dropping the TV off his dolly in my driveway and then picking it back up and putting it in my garage. I am going to be out time and now money because I am going to have to pay for delivery now. This makes for a poor customer experience. The TV was suppose to be delivered between 1/3/2019-1/7/2019 but wasn't delivered until 1/10/2019. I do not recommend this delivery company to anyone ever for any reason.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Scheduled a 9 am to 1 pm delivery appointment for a new TV a week in advance, but unfortunately they still missed it. To their credit the driver did call just after 1 pm and apologized for being late, and let me know they would be arriving in about 25 mins. Of course it was actually another hour, but if they were any good at estimating arrival times they wouldn't have been late at all, so that wasn't surprising. When he arrived the delivery driver was helpful and courteous when moving the box inside. Outer box had a couple of dents and tears but the TV was undamaged and working fine.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had a table custom made from a restaurant company in another state. We were suppose to have the table by Thanksgiving. The shipping company first off didn’t show to pick it up. So the furniture company had to reschedule. Now it is picked up after Thanksgiving. It makes it to our city on a Sunday. They won’t even bring it till Thursday. I get a call Thursday that they lost it. I call back Monday to see if it was found. I was treated horribly. All the lady did was yell at me so much so I had to hang up. It has now been over a month since we were suppose to have our table. It is still lost and they will not even cover the cost for it. That is a thousand dollar table I paid for and never received what I paid for. I can’t even get the 300 dollar shipping cost credited. This is the worst shipping company I have ever dealt with and we have things shipped from all over. Everything makes it here. Never had anything like this. Do not use them.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ordered a large television through Dell. Pilot delivery was a nightmare throughout. Took forever and I finally saw that the package had arrived after two weeks, so I scheduled a delivery. They give you a 4-hour window. I waited at home, checking the website. "Out for Delivery" but it didn't arrive. I called in the evening and they were rude and unhelpful, saying they didn't have the package yet.

A couple of days later the tracking on the website was updated saying that the package had arrived so I scheduled yet another delivery. The window was 9am-1pm. They didn't show up that day at all, and when I called again were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Berated me, "why did you schedule a delivery when we don't even have the box!" I figured that if it says arrived on the website and allows you to choose a delivery date/time that it was there! They said they would call when the package arrived, and they did a few days later after I got Dell managers involved (they called Pilot personally). Finally the box arrived DESTROYED. It is a 55" TV so big box. They brought it to my door ripped, dented, huge holes in it, etc. No exaggeration. I refused the shipment and they were unapologetic and rude "I didn't rip your box." Will never again buy anything from any vendor using this company.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

First of all, if I could I would have given this delivery service 0 star, because that's what they deserve. I ordered a box spring mattress on November 28 thru Jet.com. And it said would be delivered by Dec. 7th. On Dec. 7th, I received an e-mail from Pilot Freight Delivery, saying they have the item, but to schedule a date to have it delivered to my house, since it needs to be signed. So, I picked the next available date of December 15, between the hours of 9 am to 1 pm. On Dec. 15, I decided to call at about 12:30 pm to make sure, the delivery is on its way. To my surprise, I find out, that they need to locate or find the freight in which my item came in. Was told, that I should receive a call in about half an hour, to try and deliver on that day. Did not hear back from anyone, and so 2 hours later I call back to find out the status, and they are still trying to locate, but can't give me a timing.

At this point, I decide to take a step further, and call a rep. from Jet.com, and to both our surprise turns out the delivery people or person from Pilot Freight never picked up my item. So, I was lied by the people at Pilot Freight Services. Luckily, I've been fully reimbursed by Jet, who are not at fault, but I should have advised them to look into another delivery service moving forward. I'm planning to even issue a complaint about this company to the BBB.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I bought a ** form **. They used a different delivery service (Ceva). We had no problems whatsoever with delivery, but the set did not work. ** promptly offered an exchange and shipped it later that night. Unfortunately they used this terrible shipping company. I was sent two emails (the second with a tracking number). It arrived in my city last Friday I heard nothing. I waited all week. No calls. No emails. We called today and the CS rep. I talked to "**" and she immediately (without any checking whatsoever) she began listing possible reasons for the delay. We had to ask her to actually check on it to which she replied, "I can try to call, but I don't think they'll even answer the phone", followed by silence.

After a few seconds I had to ask her to try. Needless to say they did answer and "Lisa" told me that my package was still at the airport and 'had not yet been cleared for release'. That seemed fishy so I called the airport and of course they wouldn't do anything like that. After a few more calls I was told that it was released and I should get a call from the courier in a couple of hours. I demanded that all the details be sent to me via email.

Needless to say, nothing happened except a single 'thank you we're working on it' email and an update to the bill of lading reflecting one of the call I made (no details aside from time and date), else I would not be writing this review. Vendors: please do not use this service. We will stop buying from you if you do. Customers: ask what shipping service your vendor is using. Consider your choice carefully.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have an air compressor (from Amazon) that was damaged in shipping. I called Amazon. They connected me with Pilot Freight to schedule a pickup date. The lady at Pilot found me immediately in their system and advised me that they would have Atlantic Freight call me later that day to arrange for pickup. Two days later I had not yet heard from Atlantic so I called Pilot to see what the status was. A male agent at Pilot told me they have no record of me in their system. I replied that he is mistaken (since I already talked to Pilot two days earlier). Before I could finish explaining that his tone turned rude and he abruptly hung up. Those conversations are recorded - Hey Pilot supervisor - go play the recording and fire the butt head.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I received my package in excellent condition, on time and very professional. They called me a day before to let me know the package will be delivered next day between 12:00 to 16:00 and I received my large package (automotive hood) in excellent condition and in a very professional way. Thank you so much.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been waiting on a package for weeks. I have called the national numbers over 10 times without a clear answer. The service representatives have been rude, condescending and unhelpful. I ordered a Christmas gift from Best Buy which was given to Pilot for delivery on 11/26 with a delivery date to my home of 11/30. It's now 12/11 and there isn't a time frame in which I will be receiving my delivery which cost $90.00 to ship.

The address that Best Buy provided Pilot was correct (I have confirmed on multiple occasions); however, my package somehow was sent to Ohio instead of Georgia and then "lost" and unable to be located. Per my last conversation with a service representative, the inaccurate address not their problem and was irrelevant since the package was lost. I'm not schooled in logistics, but logic would tell me the package is lost because the address is wrong... If you can avoid using this company I would highly recommend staying away.

Pilot Freight Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

• Best for: Pilot Freight Services is best for large businesses that ship domestically and internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs