1.94/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Pilot Freight Services

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 3, 2018

31 Pilot Freight Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 3, 2018

Today Pilot Freight delivered a freezer to my residence. Two very courteous drivers not only made the delivery but even transported it into my house with (their) hand cart. For a "transportation company", they went way beyond the norm in service.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ordered a TV online same time I ordered a phone. Phone was delivered within the week as the original expected delivery stated. (Phone was not shipped through Pilot. Thank goodness.) My first delivery date was scheduled for March 3, with no tracking details for 2 weeks. TV just sat in California waiting to be picked up for shipment. Finally was able to track and my NEW delivery date was scheduled for March 16th. They said they would call a day in advance to set up appointment. No call was received. They just showed up and of course no one was home because we work during the day, we had to call them and reschedule. So now our new delivery date is suppose to be March 23rd. But we just decided to cancel our order.

So we called Pilot customer and she was very short and was rude of course putting the blame in the store we originally purchased from. She did end up transferring us to the delivery driver who was just as rude, we told him we just wanted to cancel our order. We also asked if there was a number or website we could call and complain, and he immediately hung up on us. The lack of customer service with this company is ridiculous. And I understand things happen and people have bad days but after researching this delivery service I wouldn't recommend it to anyone... Very displeased. If I could not give them a star I sure would have!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Had scheduled a pickup for a TV that was being returned (for being defective). I had received the confirmation email on 8FEB2018 from Pilot stating they would be picking up my TV (packaged and ready to go) between 12-3pm on 13FEB2018. At 5pm, I called to see where they were. They had told me that they never dispatched the driver, and they could put me on the books for the next day. That means, had I not called, Pilot was NEVER going to pick up my scheduled and purchased pickup. They were just going to pocket the money and pretend it never happened. Never mind the added stress of rearranging my schedule for another day so that they could honor their business promises. Don’t waste your time or money on these frauds.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Pilot started out our business relationship by literally forgetting to pick up my washer from the Sears Outlet Center. After two weeks of waiting for it to be delivered, and then finally managing to convince someone that the tracking website wasn't accurate, they told me it had never been picked up, and blamed it on Sears for not being ready which was a blatant lie. They redispatched their driver who didn't pick up the washer for at least two more weeks, though I can't say for sure when it was picked up, because the website tracking information is meaningless, and the people on the phone are either clueless or downright hostile and won't provide information.

After much finger-pointing, many excuses, and several weeks after placing my order, Pilot admitted to me today that they lost my washing machine. I cannot imagine how one loses a washing machine. Nevertheless, it's gone. This has been a disaster from beginning to end, and Pilot took no responsibility for any of it, telling me to either quit bothering them, or to call Sears for complaint resolution. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and incompetence before. I cannot recommend this company to anyone except, perhaps, my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So I bought a TV from Wal-Mart. Took 5 days to get to Syracuse. They then had to call and set an appointment. The guy never called and said I didn't answer so I call him set an appointment for the next day. Pops up on my tracking info that the appointment is said for the next day and between 11 am to 3 pm. He then calls the next day and says, "Oh! I didn't set the appointment. It will come tomorrow." I'm a livid. I took today and yesterday off so I could be home a day to enjoy my new TV. Do not ship anything through them!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Pilot picked my TV for return to Amazon on 12/04/2017. As of 12/30/2017, I have not received credit. When I contacted Pilot, they show the TV picked up on the 4th but the tracking stops there. Pilot rep sent a note to the warehouse asking for an update. You would think their system would flag showing no updates and they would be proactive. 4 weeks and still out 1900.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Pilot Freight is the absolutely worst freight company you could ever come across. If you want something delivered a week late and to have to deal with the worst customer service people, then go ahead and use them. I've never experienced a company like this company!!!! Rude from the word go and late, I never got my package to top it all off!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This is the worst shipping company ever. I ordered a TV from Dell on Black Friday and have not got it yet. Every time I call Pilot they tell a different excuse. I was promised this to be delivered to my house on Dec.4 and it’s Dec.9 and still no TV. I will never buy anything from anyone that uses this company as a shipper again!!! I think the worst part about it the people that work there act like it’s no big deal and don’t offer to help in any way. They just say it will get there when it gets there. Stick to FedEx and UPS. At least they do their job!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The Denver office has absolutely the worst customer service. The woman I spoke with on multiple occasions was rude, condescending and sarcastic. Aggressively answering your questions, she is the worst customer service agent I have ever had the misfortune of speaking with. And I know... I train call center agents on customer service skills. If you are going to continue to employ such a bitter human being, stick her in loading, where the general public is safe from her disdainful personality.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Wish I could give them ZERO stars, worst delivery company I have EVER seen or heard of. Twice on the BOL and on the box states 2 men are required due to the size and weight. They sent one man with a pick up truck, Extremely Unprofessional!!! The guy plopped it onto my sliding door base and the 700.00 Bathtub I have is cracked. They will not do anything to fix the issue!!! Even though they did not make the delivery as required. Elite... far from it!!! PS Pilot Freight Services is who farmed out the shipping to this horrible company! The only solution they offered was to not bathe for 6-7 weeks while returning the item, getting my $ back, then waiting for a replacement.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The customer service representatives were extremely rude and I mean beyond rude, they hung up on me, TWICE! I called them to schedule my delivery and they were rude! I've never had such awful service. I called back after being hung up on the first time and asked for a manager to try to get my problem resolved and address the issue of Tiffany being rude and hanging up on me but instead of getting a manager they put Tiffany back on the phone, who yelled at me and then hung up on me, AGAIN! Needless to say, I cancelled my order as they refused to deliver it and I was getting nowhere with this shipping company so I purchased my item somewhere else with a better shipping company. If you want good customer service and actually want your items you order to be delivered then do NOT deal with Pilot Freight Services for delivery!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Only gave 1 star because I couldn't give negative 1. Delivery was 4 days late and when I received it (television) the screen was busted in several locations. And the delivery charge was expensive. Don't use them!!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

If you are in a rush this company will just your waste time. Paid for 2-day shopping. Label made on a Friday and order didn't arrive until Wednesday, never scheduled a delivery period with me then precedes to knock only and not being the doorbell @ 10 am all while never saying a signature is needed for delivery. Go to reschedule and the customer service sucks just as bad as the delivery service. Would never recommend. Previous item delivered by them came damaged if that shows anything about this company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We contacted Pilot because FedEx and UPS (both Express and Freight) are getting very expensive. Because we ship quite a lot, we contacted Pilot to open an account. Their prices were great; especially compared to the other two I mentioned. The first item shipped was a piece of artwork. It arrived in a damaged crate. The back of the wooden crate was torn open! The driver refused to help the recipient open the crate to inspect for damage. The client is really upset with us and we will have to replace the artwork. Fortunately, it can be replaced. I would never use the services of this organization again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Paid 335.00 for refrigerator to get delivered into threshold of home, didn't happen. I had to go to pick it up myself from Pilot. I asked about a delivery refund, I was told to call Sears where I ordered online. The guy pilot had a nasty attitude and stated that he tried to setup a delivery day. I never received a call, I had to call them to see what was going on with my refrigerator. I was told over the phone that he wasn't going to send his guys out to my home at 5:00 on or later because my address is at the very edge of delivery boundary. I don't get off work until 4:30 and it takes me a hour to get home from work. Really Pilot, you have been paid 335.00 to deliver 45 minutes from the Pilot delivery station/location. I'm trying to get a delivery refund. I see that Pilot has listed my delivery as delivered by them LIE. Sears outlet.com is working to see if I can be refunded my delivery fees.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I ordered a 65 in TV. First one was lost in shipping. After reordering the second they told me 3-5 days shipping. It was a Monday when I reordered the TV. Now Pilot Freight is telling me I won't be the new TV delivered for another 6 days. And not only was the customer rep very rude, but after talking with a supervisor. He told me to use FedEx or UPS next time and hung up the phone. Now I am still waiting on my T.V. with no professional guidance!!! That's a third rate freight company. Wal-Mart should never of used a company which has such poor ratings, and customer service!!! And after reading all the other reviews. I hope the T.V. doesn't come damaged like so many other deliveries they had before.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

On August 10, 2017, I ordered two rack shelves from Sam's Club. One was a 60 inch rack and the other a 77 inch rack. The 60 inch was shipped by FedEx and arrived within 4 days. The 77 inch was shipped by Pilot shipping. Sam's Club gave me what turned out to be a bogus tracking number for Pilot. I made the discovery after waiting 5 days to try track my package. I had to call a representative of Sam's Club to get the correct tracking number. According to Pilot's website, my order was received by them on August 12 (ten days ago as of this writing). I was expecting that my order would be shipped to me within 3-5 days.

When the website showed it hadn't left by August 17, I called Pilot. The representative I spoke to said he would have to contact the Sam's Club personnel to find the order. He asked for a telephone number where I could be reached prior to delivery. The website showed that my package was actually shipped on August 19 and arrived on August 20 at Morrisville, NC where the RDU airport is located. Since this was Sunday, I guessed that it would be delivered Monday. I was wrong. I now wonder how long it will take from RDU to my home.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered a couch TWICE from Sam’s Club and didn’t get it delivered because of them AND the crappy service I received from Pilot Freight company! Ordering this item has been the WORST experience of my LIFE! I live on a 3rd floor but when you order this item it states in small tiny, tiny writing that this is a 'standard order', which means there are delivery restrictions. Furthermore, when you request delivery Pilot will give you are time range that they'll be there but they show up way after that requested time frame (like 11am- 3pm... but deliver at 5pm!), wasting your time & energy.

Pilot has horrible customer service! They hung up on me several times. A manager is never available and it’s hard to communicate with the driver unless you speak another language. When Sams Club stops using bargain basement shipping companies like Pilot Freight & starts spending the extra money to use a name brand company like FedEx or UPS then I'd recommend you trying to buy furniture items from them. But anything delivered by Pilot Freight... good luck with getting delivered!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I ordered an item from Walmart. Usually Walmart sends items with UPS. In fact part of my order was delivered by UPS within the quoted delivery date. The item ordered sat on the Pilot facility for five days and missed the quoted delivery time. Walmart was not very helpful and each party blamed the other. Never order an item from Walmart if Pilot Freight is delivering, just some friendly advice if you are in need of something on time.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Walmart used Pilot Freight Services to deliver an order, a 75lb Little Tikes playhouse. It's been sitting at the local Pilot distribution station since the 10th but the soonest they can deliver is the 18th? Walmart said it would be delivered by the 13th. Tried contacting the local station to see if they could deliver it sooner but no response, 3 days later.

Original review: July 8, 2017

They delivered a sofa on 6/5/17 which was damaged with a huge hole in the top of the sofa. I refused delivery due to damage. As of today Pilot still has not sent this sofa back so I could get a refund or a replacement sofa which happens to be a gift for my daughter. Delivery guys said it was damaged in warehouse but if that's the case why would they deliver an item that was damaged prior to them delivering this to me. I just got off the phone with someone at Pilot warehouse in Cincinnati and the sofa is still sitting there since 6/5/17 and they have no clue why that is. I just wanted to warn anyone that is thinking about using Pilot to reconsider it. They are not BBB accredited.

Original review: July 7, 2017

The dispatcher at the Indianapolis office was extremely rude. The delivery was an hour past delivery window given with no communication from their office. After the first call I was told it would be 20 mins, after another 60 mins I called again and was told it would be another 10 mins. I asked to speak with a manager and was told she was in a meeting and unable to speak. I would never use this freight company again and would not recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Pilot Freight damaged a 8,000.00 table, and would not pay for the value of the table. They took the table out of the packing, and rammed it with a forklift. Do not ever use this company if you want something shipped. They will damaged anything and not take the responsibility for what they damaged.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

The price was okay. Unfortunately though, it was very costly like more things that have to be shipped on planes. So I was satisfied with it. It took forever. I was waiting for almost over 2 hours just to get my stuff. The man who helped me however was very kind and helpful. So I'm not too happy with it. Quality was okay. It came a day late because of weather which I understand but I wish it hadn't taken so long. But overall I guess you could say it was good.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

It was so not worth it over 100.00 for shipping and it took too long! Didn't know it would be delivered late or wouldn't have paid for the whole. Will probably never be using it again after that experience. They didn't care at all. They even had my tracking information incorrect multiple times in a row. I pretty much had to just sit and wait for it to show up because they didn't know where it was themselves. My order at least came the way I ordered it! I was expecting a super big beat up box and turned out okay. Enough to sign for at least, just will never use them again for shipping options. I guess my order got delayed, but I was never told it got delayed! I pretty much just figured it out myself when it didn't arrive on time to my front door.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Service was most worth the price. Very fast shipping. Has detail. Has easy to go menu - doesn't take long in what you are looking for. Guarantee worth the try. Process was fast and easy. Not much to it. Just get what you need and pay. Sometimes shipping can be high but it's worth the price all and around. Care is good and product was tough. Please give them a try. You won't regret it. They are a good company. Just need more visitors and such. It was on time. Came faster than told. Was very surprised with the packaging. Well safe and kept. Nothing was loose. Had an email if I can reach of an accident.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

The price is extremely fair compared to the rest of the market and the bigger fleets out there. They will continue to give you the best rates and they will match anyone's rate that is out there. They are very professional and easy to deal with. If you have any concerns about your delivery the process is very easy and they will assist you with any concerns. The quality speaks for itself because actually there is no better group out there. The customer service is top of the line and I was totally impressed with this overall value. Transit time depends on the length and the load but 99% of the transit time is within a awesome time frame. The best part of this is that you can track your shipment 24 hours a day and know how your delivery is on schedule.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Very affordable with competitive rates that I promise you won't find anywhere else. They were fast, reliable and did I mention again affordable. The price is worth every last bit of the service you will receive. You won't be disappointed. The claim process is very helpful, fast and you won't be disappointed. Sometimes you may have to wait a few but they will get back to you in a timely manner. No claim goes undone. Other companies can't compare - I'm sure of it. If I had to do it again I will choose this company every time. Usually with other companies transit time take forever and it's just a hassle to wait forever to receive your item when you may other something you need right away. Trust me, you won't have this problem with this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The price for shipping with them is great! I was able to ship lots of material out without having to blow my budget or worry that it wasn't worth the cost. The claims process was fantastic. It was fast and reliable. I was able to go through it with ease and speed without having to spend all day double checking everything. The quality of shipping was amazing. I didn't have to worry about anything being messed up or not being received on time. It was handled with the utmost of respect and care. The transit time with this shipping was great. We didn't have to wait very long to handle any processes or for items to get where they needed to go. Very expedited.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

The price was ok, about the same on time, no problems. The company is on target. Price is right in line with other company. The claims process was ok, helpful, did what had to be done for the customers and not hard to deal with. No problems to think of. Overall good. The quality was good. Will use again and overall looked good. Transit time good, on time, came when told it would. All products good, no damage, not late on schedule.

Pilot Freight Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

• Best for: Pilot Freight Services is best for large businesses that ship domestically and internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs