1.20/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

40 Pilot Freight Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

We purchased a TV from Sam's club, being first time Pilot customers we had high hopes. To start off, we had to take time off work twice to get our TV as the original delivery was not confirmed apparently and we waited in vain. When we finally unboxed the TV, the screen was smashed in several places. Not a big deal, things happen, so we arranged for a swap the same evening on 5/31/18. We are told a representative will reach out to schedule a pickup of the damaged item, and delivery of the new TV, both to occur at the same time.

On 6/4/2018, we get an angry Pilot delivery man yelling in our Nest while we are at work because how dare we not be home as he has a pick up, no new TV though. After I explain that we weren't aware he would come by, he leaves. I call Pilot, 'sorry for misunderstanding, we will reach out shortly once the new TV arrives at the warehouse'. They call the next day (6/5/2018), tell me the TV is at the warehouse, once it is received in the system they will call back and schedule a delivery window. Well that was nice I think to myself. Fast forward to 6/8, still no call and the tracking information doesn't reflect anything.

So I call them 4 days in the row, each time they insist they haven't spoken to me the day prior and admit they have no idea where the TV is, they just can't find it. Finally they find the TV on 6/12/2018 (it came without labels I am told) and set up a swap for 6/13/2018. Morning of 6/13 I call Pilot and confirm the appointment is still on. The delivery window comes and goes. I call Pilot again, they notify me I wasn't home apparently and they hang up on me twice when I ask difficult questions like 'But how can I miss the delivery if I am home and my car is up front and the Nest didn't record anymore coming to the door?' and other difficult questions such as 'What phone number do you have on file?'.

I call Pilot again on 6/14, I speak to a nice man named Ron, he apologizes profusely and schedules delivery window on 6/15 2-6 pm with 30 minute call prior to delivery arrival. Again, I call in the morning and confirm the delivery window. At 1:20pm, as I am anxiously waiting for a call, I once again get a very angry delivery man screaming at me via Nest because I am not home and am not answering my phone. I explain to him that since he is there early, I can be there in 30 mins for 2pm, he agrees. I jump in the car and head home, dialing Pilot in the meantime.

At this point, they notify me that the appointment window is 8 hours and there is no such Ron working there and the delivery window is never past 4pm, news to me! In addition of accusing me of making up phantom Ron, they notify me that the driver already left the area for the day and I need to reschedule. When I insist that the driver agreed to come back at 2pm mere 10 minutes ago, they hang up on me. I call back, demand to speak to a manager, they hang up. I repeat this futile exercise 3 more time unsuccessfully.

Kids, DO NOT BUY if PILOT is the freight company. I cannot stress this enough. RUN IMMEDIATELY, pay the extra 20 bucks elsewhere. I will be jamming the 65" broken TV into my Prius and hauling it to nearest Sam's. This was my first experience with both Sam's and Pilot, and it will be my absolutely last. Neither of them care about the customers nor will take the responsibility.

Original review: June 13, 2018

If I ever go to purchase anything, and I do mean anything online and they tell me it will be handled and delivered via Pilot Freight Services or Berry's Air and Freight (Columbia, SC) I will not make a purchase! FYI Walmart uses both of them when shipping large items and you're not given a choice so if you order something large, ya best ship to the store if at all possible! Anyway, Pilot delivers the product from the warehouse in GA, to Berry's in Columbia on Friday, June 8th, so that they can finalize delivery with me. Between both Pilot and Berry's no one noticed until an hour before delivery that the box that Pilot left with them was now busted wide open and parts were missing and in pieces!!

I'm not sure which is worse, Berry's for accepting a supposed damaged delivery, or Pilot for handing it off; oh yes I do, because if it was that blatantly damaged you'd have to be a moron to miss it!! That or Berry's is lying through their teeth and the package was fine until in their possession all weekend. Yep, they received the item on Friday, yet wouldn't even entertain delivery before Wednesday, yet in all this time never noticed the box was damaged to the point pieces were missing and broken until you go to re-load it?! You're a special kinda stupid, huh?! Luckily for you (Pilot), you can just add my review to the long list of other dissatisfied customer reviews because at present you have your Walmart contract!!

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I ordered 8 blinds from Blinds.com and these were shipped by Pilot Freight (If I knew it was this vendor, I would directly buy blinds from my local Home Depot). The shipping was quite slow. Finally one day I got a call from Pilot Freight said the delivery was scheduled on this Wednesday around 12:00-3pm (I double confirmed it was THIS Wednesday). I really appreciated they called to inform me about the estimated delivery time and then waited for my blinds at home.

Nothing was delivered. I called customer service again the next day, they told me they were overbooked, and pushed my delivery to next Wednesday. The lady who contacted me insisted I misunderstood her in the first call and the delivery time was NEXT Wednesday. I demanded talking to her manager and her manager was super rude, who told me the earliest scheduled delivery was next Wednesday and asked me whether I still want my package delivered or not. This is the worst customer service I've experienced ever! Long shipping time and this ** customer service, I'll avoid using Pilot Freight forever.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Ordered 2 kayaks on the same day, 1 from Amazon and 1 from Wal-Mart. Got my kayak from Amazon (who scheduled the delivery as soon as I ordered it) a week and a half after I ordered it. Wal-Mart sent me an email with my tracking information and when it said it was at a warehouse in Michigan I called Pilot to try and schedule my appt, was told they don't have my item yet and they can't schedule my appt yet. So I wait to my tracking says it's at a different location, call again (by this point Pilot had already had my item for almost an entire business week) was told they STILL didn't have my item and couldn't schedule my appt.

Finally today I call they tell me they FINALLY have my item but can't schedule me until next week bc they are all booked. I only have 1 day off during the week that I can receive packages so I needed it on a specific day and if I would have waited for them to deliver my item I'd be waiting a total of 3 1/2 weeks for an item that should have only taken a week and a half at most. Called Wal-Mart to complain, they refunded my shipping cost, called Pilot air freight customer service, got hung up on. Do not ever use this company and don't order from Wal-Mart.com because they ship with this company. If I could leave negative 5 stars I would, that's how much this company sucks.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered a TV from Dell on April 23 and they promised delivery date was May 4 2018. It showed on the tracking site that Pilot had the TV at their Seattle location on April 30. However, the Pilot representative informed me on May 2 that the TV would not be delivered until May 7 2018. Since the delivery date was outside of the promised day (I would be out of town so cannot accept the TV), I refused delivery and asked Dell for a refund. Dell issued an RMA on May 3 but Pilot has still not deliver the TV back to Dell. It has been sitting at their TN warehouse since May 8. I am still waiting for my full refund from Dell (Dell would not provide refund until they have received the unit back). How could a delivery company provide such a poor service in today's world. I would not buy from Dell as they use Pilot to deliver their goods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: May 21, 2018

I ordered a freezer from Sam's online, and Pilot is the company they used for their freight shipping. When I received it, I could see there was a HUGE gash in the front of the box, and when I took the box off, the gash went straight through to the inside of the freezer. I contacted Sam's for a replacement, and when it arrived, there was once again, a large hole in the box, this time on the side, and when I unpacked it, sure enough, the side of the freezer was punched in and damaged. Sam's won't send out any other replacements, so they had to give me a refund.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I received my new tv (75") before the scheduled date, had to miss 3 hrs of work to receive it. The screen was broken, so now. I have to send this one back and probably miss 3 more hours of work to receive the replacement. The delivery guy was nice, but it doesn't matter how early you get the product to us or how nice you are while delivering the product if it is damaged to where it can't be used when you get it.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Pilot has also lost a 2500 dollar subwoofer that I had purchased... they keep saying it never arrived to them, when I have tracking that clearly shows it is in their possession. Looking at other people's responses this seems to be common theme with high dollar items. BEWARE!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Well I submitted an order on a walmart.com and this Pilot Freight was the delivery company. The guys of the delivery called me and told me they will not be able to bring my order to my door. This is the worst service ever. People avoid buying from walmart.com. They although are the worst customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Today Pilot Freight delivered a freezer to my residence. Two very courteous drivers not only made the delivery but even transported it into my house with (their) hand cart. For a "transportation company", they went way beyond the norm in service.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ordered a TV online same time I ordered a phone. Phone was delivered within the week as the original expected delivery stated. (Phone was not shipped through Pilot. Thank goodness.) My first delivery date was scheduled for March 3, with no tracking details for 2 weeks. TV just sat in California waiting to be picked up for shipment. Finally was able to track and my NEW delivery date was scheduled for March 16th. They said they would call a day in advance to set up appointment. No call was received. They just showed up and of course no one was home because we work during the day, we had to call them and reschedule. So now our new delivery date is suppose to be March 23rd. But we just decided to cancel our order.

So we called Pilot customer and she was very short and was rude of course putting the blame in the store we originally purchased from. She did end up transferring us to the delivery driver who was just as rude, we told him we just wanted to cancel our order. We also asked if there was a number or website we could call and complain, and he immediately hung up on us. The lack of customer service with this company is ridiculous. And I understand things happen and people have bad days but after researching this delivery service I wouldn't recommend it to anyone... Very displeased. If I could not give them a star I sure would have!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Had scheduled a pickup for a TV that was being returned (for being defective). I had received the confirmation email on 8FEB2018 from Pilot stating they would be picking up my TV (packaged and ready to go) between 12-3pm on 13FEB2018. At 5pm, I called to see where they were. They had told me that they never dispatched the driver, and they could put me on the books for the next day. That means, had I not called, Pilot was NEVER going to pick up my scheduled and purchased pickup. They were just going to pocket the money and pretend it never happened. Never mind the added stress of rearranging my schedule for another day so that they could honor their business promises. Don’t waste your time or money on these frauds.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Pilot started out our business relationship by literally forgetting to pick up my washer from the Sears Outlet Center. After two weeks of waiting for it to be delivered, and then finally managing to convince someone that the tracking website wasn't accurate, they told me it had never been picked up, and blamed it on Sears for not being ready which was a blatant lie. They redispatched their driver who didn't pick up the washer for at least two more weeks, though I can't say for sure when it was picked up, because the website tracking information is meaningless, and the people on the phone are either clueless or downright hostile and won't provide information.

After much finger-pointing, many excuses, and several weeks after placing my order, Pilot admitted to me today that they lost my washing machine. I cannot imagine how one loses a washing machine. Nevertheless, it's gone. This has been a disaster from beginning to end, and Pilot took no responsibility for any of it, telling me to either quit bothering them, or to call Sears for complaint resolution. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and incompetence before. I cannot recommend this company to anyone except, perhaps, my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So I bought a TV from Wal-Mart. Took 5 days to get to Syracuse. They then had to call and set an appointment. The guy never called and said I didn't answer so I call him set an appointment for the next day. Pops up on my tracking info that the appointment is said for the next day and between 11 am to 3 pm. He then calls the next day and says, "Oh! I didn't set the appointment. It will come tomorrow." I'm a livid. I took today and yesterday off so I could be home a day to enjoy my new TV. Do not ship anything through them!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Pilot picked my TV for return to Amazon on 12/04/2017. As of 12/30/2017, I have not received credit. When I contacted Pilot, they show the TV picked up on the 4th but the tracking stops there. Pilot rep sent a note to the warehouse asking for an update. You would think their system would flag showing no updates and they would be proactive. 4 weeks and still out 1900.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Pilot Freight is the absolutely worst freight company you could ever come across. If you want something delivered a week late and to have to deal with the worst customer service people, then go ahead and use them. I've never experienced a company like this company!!!! Rude from the word go and late, I never got my package to top it all off!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This is the worst shipping company ever. I ordered a TV from Dell on Black Friday and have not got it yet. Every time I call Pilot they tell a different excuse. I was promised this to be delivered to my house on Dec.4 and it’s Dec.9 and still no TV. I will never buy anything from anyone that uses this company as a shipper again!!! I think the worst part about it the people that work there act like it’s no big deal and don’t offer to help in any way. They just say it will get there when it gets there. Stick to FedEx and UPS. At least they do their job!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

The Denver office has absolutely the worst customer service. The woman I spoke with on multiple occasions was rude, condescending and sarcastic. Aggressively answering your questions, she is the worst customer service agent I have ever had the misfortune of speaking with. And I know... I train call center agents on customer service skills. If you are going to continue to employ such a bitter human being, stick her in loading, where the general public is safe from her disdainful personality.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Wish I could give them ZERO stars, worst delivery company I have EVER seen or heard of. Twice on the BOL and on the box states 2 men are required due to the size and weight. They sent one man with a pick up truck, Extremely Unprofessional!!! The guy plopped it onto my sliding door base and the 700.00 Bathtub I have is cracked. They will not do anything to fix the issue!!! Even though they did not make the delivery as required. Elite... far from it!!! PS Pilot Freight Services is who farmed out the shipping to this horrible company! The only solution they offered was to not bathe for 6-7 weeks while returning the item, getting my $ back, then waiting for a replacement.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The customer service representatives were extremely rude and I mean beyond rude, they hung up on me, TWICE! I called them to schedule my delivery and they were rude! I've never had such awful service. I called back after being hung up on the first time and asked for a manager to try to get my problem resolved and address the issue of Tiffany being rude and hanging up on me but instead of getting a manager they put Tiffany back on the phone, who yelled at me and then hung up on me, AGAIN! Needless to say, I cancelled my order as they refused to deliver it and I was getting nowhere with this shipping company so I purchased my item somewhere else with a better shipping company. If you want good customer service and actually want your items you order to be delivered then do NOT deal with Pilot Freight Services for delivery!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Only gave 1 star because I couldn't give negative 1. Delivery was 4 days late and when I received it (television) the screen was busted in several locations. And the delivery charge was expensive. Don't use them!!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

If you are in a rush this company will just your waste time. Paid for 2-day shopping. Label made on a Friday and order didn't arrive until Wednesday, never scheduled a delivery period with me then precedes to knock only and not being the doorbell @ 10 am all while never saying a signature is needed for delivery. Go to reschedule and the customer service sucks just as bad as the delivery service. Would never recommend. Previous item delivered by them came damaged if that shows anything about this company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We contacted Pilot because FedEx and UPS (both Express and Freight) are getting very expensive. Because we ship quite a lot, we contacted Pilot to open an account. Their prices were great; especially compared to the other two I mentioned. The first item shipped was a piece of artwork. It arrived in a damaged crate. The back of the wooden crate was torn open! The driver refused to help the recipient open the crate to inspect for damage. The client is really upset with us and we will have to replace the artwork. Fortunately, it can be replaced. I would never use the services of this organization again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Paid 335.00 for refrigerator to get delivered into threshold of home, didn't happen. I had to go to pick it up myself from Pilot. I asked about a delivery refund, I was told to call Sears where I ordered online. The guy pilot had a nasty attitude and stated that he tried to setup a delivery day. I never received a call, I had to call them to see what was going on with my refrigerator. I was told over the phone that he wasn't going to send his guys out to my home at 5:00 on or later because my address is at the very edge of delivery boundary. I don't get off work until 4:30 and it takes me a hour to get home from work. Really Pilot, you have been paid 335.00 to deliver 45 minutes from the Pilot delivery station/location. I'm trying to get a delivery refund. I see that Pilot has listed my delivery as delivered by them LIE. Sears outlet.com is working to see if I can be refunded my delivery fees.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I ordered a 65 in TV. First one was lost in shipping. After reordering the second they told me 3-5 days shipping. It was a Monday when I reordered the TV. Now Pilot Freight is telling me I won't be the new TV delivered for another 6 days. And not only was the customer rep very rude, but after talking with a supervisor. He told me to use FedEx or UPS next time and hung up the phone. Now I am still waiting on my T.V. with no professional guidance!!! That's a third rate freight company. Wal-Mart should never of used a company which has such poor ratings, and customer service!!! And after reading all the other reviews. I hope the T.V. doesn't come damaged like so many other deliveries they had before.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

On August 10, 2017, I ordered two rack shelves from Sam's Club. One was a 60 inch rack and the other a 77 inch rack. The 60 inch was shipped by FedEx and arrived within 4 days. The 77 inch was shipped by Pilot shipping. Sam's Club gave me what turned out to be a bogus tracking number for Pilot. I made the discovery after waiting 5 days to try track my package. I had to call a representative of Sam's Club to get the correct tracking number. According to Pilot's website, my order was received by them on August 12 (ten days ago as of this writing). I was expecting that my order would be shipped to me within 3-5 days.

When the website showed it hadn't left by August 17, I called Pilot. The representative I spoke to said he would have to contact the Sam's Club personnel to find the order. He asked for a telephone number where I could be reached prior to delivery. The website showed that my package was actually shipped on August 19 and arrived on August 20 at Morrisville, NC where the RDU airport is located. Since this was Sunday, I guessed that it would be delivered Monday. I was wrong. I now wonder how long it will take from RDU to my home.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I ordered a couch TWICE from Sam’s Club and didn’t get it delivered because of them AND the crappy service I received from Pilot Freight company! Ordering this item has been the WORST experience of my LIFE! I live on a 3rd floor but when you order this item it states in small tiny, tiny writing that this is a 'standard order', which means there are delivery restrictions. Furthermore, when you request delivery Pilot will give you are time range that they'll be there but they show up way after that requested time frame (like 11am- 3pm... but deliver at 5pm!), wasting your time & energy.

Pilot has horrible customer service! They hung up on me several times. A manager is never available and it’s hard to communicate with the driver unless you speak another language. When Sams Club stops using bargain basement shipping companies like Pilot Freight & starts spending the extra money to use a name brand company like FedEx or UPS then I'd recommend you trying to buy furniture items from them. But anything delivered by Pilot Freight... good luck with getting delivered!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I ordered an item from Walmart. Usually Walmart sends items with UPS. In fact part of my order was delivered by UPS within the quoted delivery date. The item ordered sat on the Pilot facility for five days and missed the quoted delivery time. Walmart was not very helpful and each party blamed the other. Never order an item from Walmart if Pilot Freight is delivering, just some friendly advice if you are in need of something on time.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Walmart used Pilot Freight Services to deliver an order, a 75lb Little Tikes playhouse. It's been sitting at the local Pilot distribution station since the 10th but the soonest they can deliver is the 18th? Walmart said it would be delivered by the 13th. Tried contacting the local station to see if they could deliver it sooner but no response, 3 days later.

Original review: July 8, 2017

They delivered a sofa on 6/5/17 which was damaged with a huge hole in the top of the sofa. I refused delivery due to damage. As of today Pilot still has not sent this sofa back so I could get a refund or a replacement sofa which happens to be a gift for my daughter. Delivery guys said it was damaged in warehouse but if that's the case why would they deliver an item that was damaged prior to them delivering this to me. I just got off the phone with someone at Pilot warehouse in Cincinnati and the sofa is still sitting there since 6/5/17 and they have no clue why that is. I just wanted to warn anyone that is thinking about using Pilot to reconsider it. They are not BBB accredited.

Pilot Freight Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

• Best for: Pilot Freight Services is best for large businesses that ship domestically and internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs