2. Moving
  3. Shipping Companies

3.6/5 (160 ratings)

About Pilot Freight Services

Pilot Freight Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I shipped out 3 freight with Pilot in December 2020. All 3 shipments were damaged. Damaged freight #1: the buyer made note on Bill of Lading that items are damaged and sent me the picture. Damaged freight #2, the driver dropped off the damaged freight without the buyer signed the bill of lading. Damaged freight #3, the pallet was gone. When the buyer opened the box, the table is damaged. I sent all pictures that the buyers sent to me to the freight agent. The agent filed three claims around February 2020. I tried to followed up by calling them. I was put on hold for hours to wait for someone to answer. Many phone calls never went through. I am small business owner and works really hard to make things work. Pilot thinks that they can just ignore the small business owner like me as we don't have time and resource to chase them. Think it again. Now I finally have some time and will not let you just take advantage of any small business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Barely ever answer the phone, delivery does not come when scheduled. As a nurse, where people would die if I didn’t do my job, It blows my mind that people can’t do their ONE easy job, such as delivering a bed on the right date.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Ordered a large living room chair through Walmart-almost $1,000. After two weeks, I received an email from Walmart saying Pilot Airfreight was the shipper and to contact them to arrange a delivery date and time. When I called Pilot, they said "Oh no, we will call YOU when it ARRIVES at the warehouse destination in your area." It's now been 3 weeks and the tracking never changed from "in transit". The tracking on the Pilot website is not accurate according to the woman I spoke to at Pilot yesterday. She said it's sitting in a warehouse in my city waiting for a local delivery carrier to pick it up and deliver it to me. She said it could be another 2 weeks or so before that happens! That would make it 5 or 6 weeks after I ordered it until it arrives.

The most annoying part of this is that every time I called Pilot they indicated they simply DO NOT CARE when or IF it ever arrives. I called Walmart to complain and they said they'd send another chair. I told them PLEASE DO NOT SHIP IT through PILOT AIRFREIGHT! I think there is fraud involved here. No shipper is going to want a 100 pound large living room chair sitting around in their warehouse.... More likely it's in someone's living room that works there.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Our mattress arrived to the facility on 7/16. I recommend calling them to schedule appointments. Do not schedule online. They were supposed to come on 7/23 to deliver our mattress, but it never left the facility. So, I rescheduled for Wed 7/28 9-12. They were unable to deliver, due to lack of staff and were very helpful rescheduling. However, they were supposed to come on the 3rd attempt on 7/30/21 between 3-6pm. They arrived at 12, when I was working. Be vigilant and contact them frequently.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Before using This company, please be sure to read the reviews. I purchased an Ebike on Ebay nearly a month ago and still have not received it. In speaking with company I bought the bike from they had to file a fraudulent claim against Pilot Freight Services. At this point I am out $2000 and still have not received the bike... I do Believe this entire mess is the fault of Pilot Freight... Many many bad reviews on the web...

Original review: July 12, 2021

I ordered a product from Sam's Club on May 26th. Been monitoring it via tracking for weeks. Called Sams, Called Pilot.. who have tremendous hold times and lack of answers and redirects. Sam's shipped a replacement product on June 9th, it is now July 12th, and still don't have the product after multiple delivery dates promises made by Sam's and Pilot. Truly a terrible freight company and I would avoid them at all costs. Not reliable whatsoever. I can order products from China on Wish.com faster than this.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Unreliable, unbelievable. Frankly I don't know why this company is still in business. Poor communication, lousy customer service and unethical. They reflect upon the companies that use their service poorly.

Original review: June 9, 2021

First off, don't bother with their tracking service. It's not accurate. It still had my freight at the origin after bouncing around. I had to call them multiple times to find it. We were given a 6 hour window for delivery. Didn't show. When I called, they said there were 2 more stops and I was I one of them. Canceled dinner plans with friends to wait on it.. Turns out my freight wasn't even put on the truck. Mix up. I would be first the next day. Next day, Never showed. I called again. Said they would get to me. I was the LAST stop and they were running late. Still waiting on my freight as I type this. Hope it finally shows.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I ordered The Better Homes and Garden PROVIDENCE Patio Set in Green on March 17, 2021. I was told to expect delivery on April 2, 2021 between 10 and 2.

I received the item with zero call backs at 5 pm that day. THREE HOURS LATER. I tried to call PILOT EARLIER BUT THEY NEVER ANSWER. There was an issue with the patio set, so I set up a puck up with Walmart CS that same day.

They gave me a pick up date of MONDAY, April 5. Pilot NEVER SHOWED OR CALLED. I called Walmart and reported this. The Rep couldn’t get Pilot on the phone for a while and finally, set up a date with them for 10:30 to 2:30 pm on THURSDAY the 8th from 10:00 to 2:00 pm. PILOT NEVER SHOWED. My husband had been dragging that heavy box of furniture in and out of our garage for two days, waiting for them to pick up.

At about 2:00 pm, PILOT CALLS. They want to set up a time to pick up the same furniture... wait for it.... ON FRIDAY the 9th!!! I ask them why aren’t you coming today as scheduled!? “We don’t come to your area on any day except Fridays.” No, apologies or anything. Not surprised. So, they are “scheduled” for TODAY for whenever they feel like picking up the Patio Set.

The shipping company Walmart chose PILOT FREIGHT SERVICES is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. They never pick up their phone and leave you on hold for hours although their website says they are open 24/7. I have been waiting 8 hours for a DELIVERY and now another FOUR DAYS FOR A PICKUP of the SAME ITEM. They Lie. Walmart promised a 10 to 2 delivery/pickup window and PILOT ONLY DELIVERS IN AN 8 to 8 window. They are UNPROFESSIONAL AND DECEITFUL. Shame on you Walmart for using them.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Avoid this company for shipping at all costs! I ordered a large screen TV from Walmart. I was given the option of a shipping company. Per Walmart, I was to schedule an appointment with them for delivery. My delivery date was April 1st between 10:00 and 6:00. When they never showed up I attempted to call them at their customer service number. Over 2 hours waiting on hold and I didn’t even get to speak with a representative! I finally was able to get in touch with Walmart and luckily they refunded my money because they couldn’t get in touch with them either! This entire process has been a complete waste of time! Please save yourself a headache, and have it shipped to your nearest store if possible? If not, cancel your order and find it somewhere else whom doesn’t use this company.

Pilot Freight Services author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

Pilot Freight Services Company Information