1.74/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

67 Pilot Freight Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I bought a ** form **. They used a different delivery service (Ceva). We had no problems whatsoever with delivery, but the set did not work. ** promptly offered an exchange and shipped it later that night. Unfortunately they used this terrible shipping company. I was sent two emails (the second with a tracking number). It arrived in my city last Friday I heard nothing. I waited all week. No calls. No emails. We called today and the CS rep. I talked to "**" and she immediately (without any checking whatsoever) she began listing possible reasons for the delay. We had to ask her to actually check on it to which she replied, "I can try to call, but I don't think they'll even answer the phone", followed by silence.

After a few seconds I had to ask her to try. Needless to say they did answer and "Lisa" told me that my package was still at the airport and 'had not yet been cleared for release'. That seemed fishy so I called the airport and of course they wouldn't do anything like that. After a few more calls I was told that it was released and I should get a call from the courier in a couple of hours. I demanded that all the details be sent to me via email.

Needless to say, nothing happened except a single 'thank you we're working on it' email and an update to the bill of lading reflecting one of the call I made (no details aside from time and date), else I would not be writing this review. Vendors: please do not use this service. We will stop buying from you if you do. Customers: ask what shipping service your vendor is using. Consider your choice carefully.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have an air compressor (from Amazon) that was damaged in shipping. I called Amazon. They connected me with Pilot Freight to schedule a pickup date. The lady at Pilot found me immediately in their system and advised me that they would have Atlantic Freight call me later that day to arrange for pickup. Two days later I had not yet heard from Atlantic so I called Pilot to see what the status was. A male agent at Pilot told me they have no record of me in their system. I replied that he is mistaken (since I already talked to Pilot two days earlier). Before I could finish explaining that his tone turned rude and he abruptly hung up. Those conversations are recorded - Hey Pilot supervisor - go play the recording and fire the butt head.

Get expert buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I received my package in excellent condition, on time and very professional. They called me a day before to let me know the package will be delivered next day between 12:00 to 16:00 and I received my large package (automotive hood) in excellent condition and in a very professional way. Thank you so much.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I have been waiting on a package for weeks. I have called the national numbers over 10 times without a clear answer. The service representatives have been rude, condescending and unhelpful. I ordered a Christmas gift from Best Buy which was given to Pilot for delivery on 11/26 with a delivery date to my home of 11/30. It's now 12/11 and there isn't a time frame in which I will be receiving my delivery which cost $90.00 to ship.

The address that Best Buy provided Pilot was correct (I have confirmed on multiple occasions); however, my package somehow was sent to Ohio instead of Georgia and then "lost" and unable to be located. Per my last conversation with a service representative, the inaccurate address not their problem and was irrelevant since the package was lost. I'm not schooled in logistics, but logic would tell me the package is lost because the address is wrong... If you can avoid using this company I would highly recommend staying away.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

After waiting a week for my shipment to arrive, I finally took it upon my self to go to their distribution center since it is only a few block away from my job. I contacted the person at the front desks and made arrangements to pick up my item at their warehouse (to avoid an additional 3 days) for another carrier to pick it up and deliver it. After arriving at the facility to pick up my item I was called into the back to have a look. What I say was unbelievable. I had purchased a 85" TV through Dell and they chose Pilot to ship it.

The box itself looked like they ran it over with the forklift. Completely destroyed. Myself and a few of the associates opened what was left of the box to have a look at the TV itself. It appeared to be okay but I wanted to plug it in and make sure. After all it is a $4,000 TV. Once it was plugged in it revealed a messed up screen. So I rejected the shipment and contacted Dell. After doing so they said they would send another one out same day. They held up on their end but it has been four days and PILOT says it is still waiting for pick up. THIS company is a JOKE!! If I were a business owner I would NEVER pick Pilot to even ship toilet paper for me. Dell, if you are listening... they make you look just as bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I Ordered a new TV from Samsclub. A few days later I get an email telling my order has been shipped. Great! I thought, I should have it in a few more days. NOPE! Not even close. A week later I receive another email from this Pilot Freight Service telling me they will deliver my TV in another 2 weeks?! It was only coming from Philly?! Skip to another week and the tracking shows it only 72 miles from my house, and Pilot still tells me it will take another week or more to get here. It appears that Pilot is sending it over to a second shipping company, and it has 3 more transfers to make before it gets sent to me.

Pilot's customer service is even aware of a supposed backlog at the final destination that she says may or may not take up to a week longer than the estimated delivery. Now we're up to 4 weeks, or more. My wife and I ended up driving the 72 miles to pick it up ourselves. Never again, from now on I'll have my orders shipped to the local store and pick it up from there. On the good note, yes amazingly there is one. The people I dealt with at Pilot were great. Customer service gave me the number to the 2nd shipping company, who got me the info to the Pilot terminal the product was located at. (I'm still not sure why customer service couldn't just give me that number instead). From there I was able to have my shipment transferred to customer pick up. The guys there helped me load it into the car and were very nice about it in the process.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I bought an item from Dell and was very worried about getting my shipment after reading these reviews but I did not have the experience these people had. I did take a proactive approach to call and schedule my appointment. They gave me a 5 to 6 hour window. Understandable as these people are driving all over the state. I received a call around 430 pm. They said they would be there in 10-15 minutes. Got here in 20 minutes. No complaints there. My product was not broken and works perfectly. I feel it was a smooth process. Just letting people to consider when reading all these horrible reviews. I don't feel there is anything to worry about here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So I had never heard of Pilot Freight, but when I saw that Amazon was using them as a 3rd party shipping company I was a bit worried. I have had less than great experiences with any shipping outside of the big boys of the industry. I decided to look them up and I was absolutely terrified after reading all of the horror story reviews of peoples experiences. My experience was so much the opposite that I felt compelled to leave my own review and balance out the scales a little bit.

I chose my delivery time and date at checkout and there was no issues with that. I had no contact with the shipping company prior to shipping day. Email was provided should I need to make any changes prior to the day of. Window was 12-3. They called around 12:30 to say that they were 30 minutes out. Upon arriving they gave me no issues and box was in pristine condition. They entered the house, placed the TV in the room of my choosing, unpacked it, installed the mounting legs, powered it on to test function and that the screen was intact. They were clean and cordial. Removed the shipping straps and were going to remove the box but left it at my request.

My absolute only issue was that when they were maneuvering the TV to put the legs on they pivoted it from the bottom to the side using the corner to roll it that way. That puts the entire weight of the TV on the corner for a moment and can cause cracking of the bezel and/or screen. To the best of my knowledge he did support some of the weight while flipping it and in the end there was no issue. I just figured that If I had to pick one thing, and there only was one, to address as a negative that would be it. Not enough in my mind to downgrade my experience to a 4 star.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

This company lost a 400 pound palette with $1,000 worth of products. Since they have been unable to find it we are now out most of that money because their compensation for lost shipments doesn't come close to covering it. Absolutely never use this worthless company if you don't want to be robbed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I was scheduled for a delivery today, October 27th, between 1100 and 1500 hours. I went to their website and confirmed the appointment was on the tracking schedule, and it was. I moved appointments and plans with the family so I could be at home to receive the delivery. 1500 hours comes and goes, so I call Pilot to check the status, because things happen and I figured they were running a little behind. I spoke to a representative, who informed me the shipment was never scanned and was not out for delivery!! She then tells me, they hope it can be delivered on Monday! I guess they think I have nothing do do with my time, including work and I can just sit around all day and HOPE they will do their job. How the hell is this company in business?? I will make sure to avoid any company in the future who uses Pilot for the shipping company! Unprofessional and unacceptable!! If I could give zero stars, I certainly would!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I ordered a 65in TV from Sam's Club with guaranteed delivery during my week of vacation. I thought that it was a bit odd that the tracking didn't update as often as I was accustomed to with other trucking companies but did not follow up. Finally the day after my TV was scheduled to be delivered and I hadn't received the delivery scheduling call (that showed on the tracking to have been made), I called Pilot Freight. They didn't have a clue where my TV was at nor could give any info on where it was last scanned. I called every day for the week that I had available and they were never able to supply a delivery date (nor even say where my $1000 TV was located).

Finally out of the blue on the 22nd day from shipping, a Pilot agent called to say that they had found the TV and wanted to set up a delivery. The agent also told me that the outer box was destroyed but the inner box seemed OK. You have got to be kidding... I refused it and now await a refund from Sams. One of the agents that I spoke with initially was supposed to have started the lost shipment process but that didn't seem to happen either. Do not allow Pilot Freight Services to load your merchandise if you ever want to see it again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I clearly would have never chosen this company but I was forced to by Walmart.com. I didn’t even know this service existed and was not told upfront by Walmart that this God-awful company would have any hand in my shipment. I received an email from the local Charlotte company that they would be delivering to the address but needed a signature. The window of time was small and during business hours when everyone is working! They would not budge and said Walmart needed to adjust address/signature. I called corporate to handle that part and was assured it was taken care of. I called the day before delivery because I had a feeling something was not right.

To my surprise, they told me Walmart denied the change and no one from their facility even notified me. Again I told them they could not deliver to the address because no one would be home. After talking to numerous people (one of which was very rude and lacked entire compassion!) they allowed us to have them hold it and we could physically pick it up. When we show up the next day, they said it was out for delivery! We were shocked! I had to escalate the issue to the manager and came to find not one single person documented any of my calls or to even hold the item. He had to handle the issue and now we have to return out of our way to pick it up the following day.

To make matters worse, I escalated my complaint to corporate only to be met with continued incompetence. The customer service rep took down all the information and then was to transfer me to the appropriate party to file my complaint. I was met with an extremely rude and condescending female in the claims department who didn’t handle my complaint seriously. It got to the point where she made it sound like she was going to jot down the complaint on a Post It note (or pretend). I asked if she was even the right person to speak with. She said no, I need to talk to customer service. I told her I already talked to them and they told me that where they were transferring me to the complaints department. She told me no such Department existed and that she could transfer me back to them.

I ended up hanging up. Let’s just say this company is literally rotten to the core, so much so that I don’t even know if resolution would come speaking to the head of Pilot personally. Shame on Walmart for forcing people to deal with companies like Pilot just so they can save a couple bucks. This definitely puts a bad taste in my mouth for Walmart.com as well.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Reading the other reviews is comforting only because we all share a bad experience and it isn't just the oddness of the DMV or me. My husband and I ordered laminate flooring from Walmart and this company delivered lies, lateness and borked laminate. The first pallet of 12 boxes was 4 days late (we rescheduled with Pilot) once, and 1 box had been smashed on the corner. Ok. That can happen. The second delivery of 12 boxes was 2 days late getting to Pilot. They called to let me know and said they would call when the order arrived. No one called when it came 2 days later. I waited 2 more days, checked the webpage with my tracking number, saw that the laminate was in the warehouse, and called. The man said he couldn't get it to me for another 4 days. I pushed and he moved it up to 3 days.

Ok, scheduled for delivery on Monday morning between 9-12. I take off work because I must sign for delivery. At 1:30 I call Pilot because the laminate hasn't arrived and they cannot reach the driver to find out what's up. They left a message and said they'll call me back. At 3pm I call, same story. Then I call Walmart because either the truck has been in an accident, the driver is taking a really long lunch, or Pilot overbooked the driver. Within 30 minutes of my call to Walmart, Pilot calls to tell me that the delivery will happen by 5pm. The driver apparently thought he only had one delivery in my hometown late afternoon, not one in the morning as well.

The driver arrives at 5:10pm. He apologizes for being late, stating that he was overbooked. My laminate is on the floor of the truck near the door. The pallet it is on is busted up and a second pallet - one used for food products generally - is underneath it. I ask what happened to the pallet and the driver tells me that the laminate arrived at the warehouse on the broken pallet and he moved it onto the better pallet. Hmmm. My husband comes out to move the laminate because the driver just leaves it at the front gate. My husband notices that the wrapping is all borked and that there are feet marks on top of the laminate boxes. Short story, 3 of the boxes were messed up but he hasn't opened the middle of the 12 which were bent slightly backwards because of the messed up pallet.

I call Pilot and they say now that the air shipping company (not them, which is odd because Pilot runs the air freight part too) messed up the pallet. They also tell me that the delivery was supposed to be for the afternoon. This is a flat out lie, which I point out, because the computer posted the schedule for the morning. Basically someone is lying or everyone at Pilot is lying. How do they stay in business? Because they are so willing to eat the costs of me shipping back broken laminate to Walmart to replace the lost material.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

In Dallas I called on 9/19 and spoke with Yanni to schedule a delivery of a Costco purchase for 9/21. Her driver called early 9/20 to deliver and I told him I scheduled for 9/21 and was unable to be home 9/20. 9/21 came and I waited through the 4 hour delivery window, but no delivery. When I called and spoke with Yanni again, she said I was scheduled for Thursday and had not been rescheduled. No apology, no care. Worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

There were two men who carried a mattress to my front door. However, for some reason I didn’t receive further assistance. They dropped the mattress off at the front door and immediately left after signature. I am 5’2, 120 lbs and I had to carry a Sealy mattress up three flights of stairs. Horrible.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I'm not sure where to start with these people. First delivery with these people I receive a damaged product. The replacement been sitting in their warehouse for 2 days. I had to call them to schedule a delivery. They refuse to have two people carry a 90 pound item plus some weight with the box itself. I spent discussing that with their manager and she hung up on me. The same company has to pick up my original damaged item and why not pick it up the same day you drop off the replacement because they want to make it more difficult for you and clearly waste the company's time and money.

I'm almost certain I will receive another damaged product from the Los Angeles warehouse and when they come get both items due to their inconsiderable and unprofessional dealings I will refund the item and simply buy it elsewhere. Not to mention I originally had a 2 day shopping and the first time was delayed 5-7 days and again another 5-7 days. Sellers are using this company for their own benefit because it is cheaper than using USPS, UPS or FEDEX. Keep in mind if your seller ever tries to convince that Pilot would be a better option Strongly Disagree. I HAVE WARNED YOU.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

They simply missed delivery window without any notification, when I called the office they were transferring me between different clerks (While on hold with them - they called me from other number and didn't say a word... just silence and hanged up). I value my time and don't have any tolerance towards some who's wasting it. If your driver is running late you must contact the customer. This type of behaviour is unacceptable, each delivery is time sensitive and must be treated with care...

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Management is the lowest you can find. 1st they did not give the pickup information to the driver. After I called to find out how far was the driver after my pick up window time they found out the information was not sent to the driver. 2nd they lost my shipment. Manager Oscar is not a person to trust and employees like Daniel will just hang up. Cheap comes with a bigger tag. Stay away from this company. Corporate office does not care either they just tell you to open a claim.

Resolution response: July 26, 2018

They resolved all my issues fast as they could I should of gave them a benefit of the doubt When the man on the phone was rude it made me mad and it was a mix up on the shipping day but end the end they did good I had to go to the head man but he did good

Original review: July 26, 2018

I ordered a pool and it was a week late from the two day shipping from Walmart. Then I ordered a 65in TV from Walmart with 2 day shipping. Now it is going to be a week late again. I called Pilot. They told me if I had a problem call Walmart. LOL. My problem is was company SUCKS. ;) I will never do business with them again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

So I was looking for tv deals online and I found Z9D for the price I wanted it for with tax. When it shipped I notice Dell was not using UPS but a carrier named Pilot Freight Services. Never heard of them. When doing my due diligence I was seeing on this site how horrible the customer experience dealing with the shipment process... Delayed or loss of shipments, products being damage on arrival. Just like anyone else I panicked and worried my 4000$ TV was going back in glass pieces to Dell because of poor care handled by "PFS". Surprisingly it went well.

When your order is ship I would immediately call customer service (1-800 number) to make sure your shipping info was right which it was. They advise me to call the Houston destination HUB Monday when shipment arrived at destination hub (mine was in Houston Tx). On delivery day the driver and the HUB will contact you to inform how far he is from your place and call when he arrives. I was wrong about Pilot and they were very understandable along this whole process. Ask for Michelle if you're setting up your delivery appointment ordering if in the TX area. She is very understanding. Order on the 19th came in on the 25th 5 -6 days.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My son needed a new bed before his family came to visit and our family members had to sleep on the floor because mattress was never ship to my address. It sat in the warehouse then sup. didn't even show no concern about it. One worker told me they had been out and I told them it's a lie. Someone is home 24 hrs. and I have cams to prove it. They hung up. I'm like wow never again and they're not accredit serv. I just found out so whoever you place an order with check to see if they use Pilot and ask for diff shipment methods. PS. Always damage goods.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I ordered a couch that was being delivered by Pilot Freight Services. I was given an estimated delivery date of 7/17/18. When I hadn't heard from them I checked the tracking to see that the couch was delivered to the airport on 7/14 and I was never contacted. I reached out to customer service who told me to call the delivery drivers directly. The first 3 times I called I was hung up on. I got through on the 4th. They told me it would be delivered on 7/18/18 between 9 am and 2 pm and I would be given 30 minutes notice. I got a phone call at 945 am that they were 5 minutes away. Luckily for me I work 7 minutes from home. I get to my apartment complex and they have shoved the box into the foyer of the front of my building, blocking the interior door as well as the outside door.

I asked the guy if he would take it to the 2nd floor - he said no. I said, "You can't leave it there like that. It's a fire hazard." He replied, "We just deliver it," and the 2 guys took off. I am a 45 year old woman, with a 105 lb couch blocking other tenants from getting in and out of our building. The box was ripped but since I can't get it upstairs I have no way of knowing if anything is damaged. I was able to maneuver the box into a standing position (this took 20 minutes and I broke the front door) but have no idea how to get it upstairs. I will never, ever, buy anything that gets delivered from this company.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I had a very old, fragile painting shipped through Navis Shipping, and Pilot Freight was used. DON'T use either one!!! Navis Shipping did an incredibly crappy, negligent job of packing a painting. They used a very thin cardboard and ONE layer of bubble wrap!!! What a bunch of idiots!! Thank goodness the painting wasn't ruined. However, there was a huge gouge in the side of the box, came ripped right through. Did they not read FRAGILE?! Hence, the very old original frame was dented and paint removed. It is beyond me that either one of these companies stays in business! I could have done a better job myself, FOUR layers should have been used! Dumb and Dumber!!!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I ordered 2, large wooden expensive Blinds from Blindsaver.com. I was finally notified of a tracking number many weeks later- took a long time. The blinds sat at Pilot in Eagan, MN forever. Finally notified of a delivery from an offshoot company that Pilot passes off to. 1 of 2 boxes arrived. The delivery guy kept insisting there must be 2 blinds in 1 box! I opened to show him only 1. Anyway 2 weeks later- blind #2 is still “lost” and blind #1 had damage. Try call Pilot- lol- they have a gal answering the phone that doesn't know what's going on.

Original review: July 5, 2018

The couch itself is nice - the half that I got at least. This has literally been the worst experience with online shopping I have ever had. On my first attempt at this order, Amazon messed up by shipping only half of the couch and considering it an entire order. In addition, the freight company they used gave me a 12-hour window on a work day in which they did not show up until the very end of. I had to then get on the phone with Amazon to get a replacement order, in which I had to go through 4 different people until I found someone who know what they were doing to reorder my couch and take the half I had back. They made the mistake of shipping with the same morons as before though who, this time, gave me another 12-hour window in which they "attempted" to deliver it a week later.

They came in the middle of the day rather than at night this time but luckily my roommate was home. Unluckily, waiting any longer than 2 minutes is too much for Pilot freight and shipping despite them giving you a 12 hour window. After getting a call from them at 1:53 PM, I call back at 1:56PM and the guy has already left and now they won't deliver it for another week! I also have a security camera, so I checked the recording just to be sure. My roommate actually went to the door to meet the guy and he had already left at the same time they were calling me. They did not bother waiting and now, due to both the utter incompetence of Pilot and Amazon for trusting them with deliveries, I will be renting a pickup truck from U-Haul and going to pick the thing up myself from their docks tomorrow.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This company is a fraud. Scheduled delivery and it never arrived. I called to inquire as to the status, and was told that I was never scheduled. Trent's attitude was disgusting and completely uncalled for. I paid for a delivery and expect a delivery at the day and time we agreed upon. I called back to tell them to return the delivery, as I no longer want it.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I made a $500+ item from the biggest retailer in the world and was given a delivery date by Pilot. The same delivery date was emailed to me on 3 occasions. I took off work to be there for the needed signature. I did get nervous when I didn’t receive a call confirming but thought it was just poor service. I was more correct than I knew about poor service!!

So the morning of the delivered date that I had been given on more that 3 occasions... received same date delivered from the biggest retail store in the world... I called Pilot and was told too bad that it wasn’t being delivered until the next day... even though it had been sitting on Pilots local dock for over 48 hours. Pilot could record your voice saying, "Yes please deliver without signature" but they won’t. Now I have to find someone sign for a package that weights 151 pounds that I was willing to take responsibility for. I've missed a full day of work and pay with absolutely NOTHING to show for that except frustration!!! So the lesson I learned from this experience is buy at Amazon Smile until Amazon starts using Pilot AND do not buy from the largest retailer in the world that uses Pilot Freight Services!

Updated on 06/22/2018: Since, I can’t find a manner to edit my previous review I’m submitting an update... On Pilot Freight who did not get my packaged delivered to me on provided date. I however was apparently was part of the problem as I didn’t find a voice mail until the whole issue was resolved. I received a phone message from a THIRD party not Pilot about scheduling a delivery time. The poor communication started with the world's largest retailer and only got more complicated. The signing requirement is a hassle and a major inconvenience which I did not understand was going to be a requirement when I purchased from the world's largest retailer.

If I had been aware that my presence was required at delivery time I would have ordered from Amazon like I do several time a week! I understand why they don’t want to be liable but I do think the consumer should have the option to forgo that at the consumer's discretion. My package sat on a local dock for 2 days, I lost money and work hours due to lack of information on the world's largest retail company. I will just stick with Amazon Smile in the future!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We purchased a TV from Sam's club, being first time Pilot customers we had high hopes. To start off, we had to take time off work twice to get our TV as the original delivery was not confirmed apparently and we waited in vain. When we finally unboxed the TV, the screen was smashed in several places. Not a big deal, things happen, so we arranged for a swap the same evening on 5/31/18. We are told a representative will reach out to schedule a pickup of the damaged item, and delivery of the new TV, both to occur at the same time.

On 6/4/2018, we get an angry Pilot delivery man yelling in our Nest while we are at work because how dare we not be home as he has a pick up, no new TV though. After I explain that we weren't aware he would come by, he leaves. I call Pilot, 'sorry for misunderstanding, we will reach out shortly once the new TV arrives at the warehouse'. They call the next day (6/5/2018), tell me the TV is at the warehouse, once it is received in the system they will call back and schedule a delivery window. Well that was nice I think to myself. Fast forward to 6/8, still no call and the tracking information doesn't reflect anything.

So I call them 4 days in the row, each time they insist they haven't spoken to me the day prior and admit they have no idea where the TV is, they just can't find it. Finally they find the TV on 6/12/2018 (it came without labels I am told) and set up a swap for 6/13/2018. Morning of 6/13 I call Pilot and confirm the appointment is still on. The delivery window comes and goes. I call Pilot again, they notify me I wasn't home apparently and they hang up on me twice when I ask difficult questions like 'But how can I miss the delivery if I am home and my car is up front and the Nest didn't record anymore coming to the door?' and other difficult questions such as 'What phone number do you have on file?'.

I call Pilot again on 6/14, I speak to a nice man named Ron, he apologizes profusely and schedules delivery window on 6/15 2-6 pm with 30 minute call prior to delivery arrival. Again, I call in the morning and confirm the delivery window. At 1:20pm, as I am anxiously waiting for a call, I once again get a very angry delivery man screaming at me via Nest because I am not home and am not answering my phone. I explain to him that since he is there early, I can be there in 30 mins for 2pm, he agrees. I jump in the car and head home, dialing Pilot in the meantime.

At this point, they notify me that the appointment window is 8 hours and there is no such Ron working there and the delivery window is never past 4pm, news to me! In addition of accusing me of making up phantom Ron, they notify me that the driver already left the area for the day and I need to reschedule. When I insist that the driver agreed to come back at 2pm mere 10 minutes ago, they hang up on me. I call back, demand to speak to a manager, they hang up. I repeat this futile exercise 3 more time unsuccessfully.

Kids, DO NOT BUY if PILOT is the freight company. I cannot stress this enough. RUN IMMEDIATELY, pay the extra 20 bucks elsewhere. I will be jamming the 65" broken TV into my Prius and hauling it to nearest Sam's. This was my first experience with both Sam's and Pilot, and it will be my absolutely last. Neither of them care about the customers nor will take the responsibility.

Original review: June 13, 2018

If I ever go to purchase anything, and I do mean anything online and they tell me it will be handled and delivered via Pilot Freight Services or Berry's Air and Freight (Columbia, SC) I will not make a purchase! FYI Walmart uses both of them when shipping large items and you're not given a choice so if you order something large, ya best ship to the store if at all possible! Anyway, Pilot delivers the product from the warehouse in GA, to Berry's in Columbia on Friday, June 8th, so that they can finalize delivery with me. Between both Pilot and Berry's no one noticed until an hour before delivery that the box that Pilot left with them was now busted wide open and parts were missing and in pieces!!

I'm not sure which is worse, Berry's for accepting a supposed damaged delivery, or Pilot for handing it off; oh yes I do, because if it was that blatantly damaged you'd have to be a moron to miss it!! That or Berry's is lying through their teeth and the package was fine until in their possession all weekend. Yep, they received the item on Friday, yet wouldn't even entertain delivery before Wednesday, yet in all this time never noticed the box was damaged to the point pieces were missing and broken until you go to re-load it?! You're a special kinda stupid, huh?! Luckily for you (Pilot), you can just add my review to the long list of other dissatisfied customer reviews because at present you have your Walmart contract!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I ordered 8 blinds from Blinds.com and these were shipped by Pilot Freight (If I knew it was this vendor, I would directly buy blinds from my local Home Depot). The shipping was quite slow. Finally one day I got a call from Pilot Freight said the delivery was scheduled on this Wednesday around 12:00-3pm (I double confirmed it was THIS Wednesday). I really appreciated they called to inform me about the estimated delivery time and then waited for my blinds at home.

Nothing was delivered. I called customer service again the next day, they told me they were overbooked, and pushed my delivery to next Wednesday. The lady who contacted me insisted I misunderstood her in the first call and the delivery time was NEXT Wednesday. I demanded talking to her manager and her manager was super rude, who told me the earliest scheduled delivery was next Wednesday and asked me whether I still want my package delivered or not. This is the worst customer service I've experienced ever! Long shipping time and this ** customer service, I'll avoid using Pilot Freight forever.

Pilot Freight Services expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

• Best for: Pilot Freight Services is best for large businesses that ship domestically and internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs