3.8/5 (453 ratings)

About Pilot Freight Services

Pilot Freight Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: April 21, 2022

Pilot drivers delivered a bathroom vanity to me this a.m. This was the worst delivery ever! They left my delivery sitting in the middle of my yard in a ant pile! The ant bed didn’t just arrive today and it was obvious it was an ant bed when they left it. Number 2 it was my trash pick up day and my drivers almost mistaking my delivery as trash.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I had Pilot deliver a vanity from Lowe's warehouse. The drivers knew I want to look at the vanity to make sure nothing was broken, for the box came to my door with a lot of dust and tape on the top. The drivers even made a comment the the box looked ancient! So I told them I wanted to look at the vanity to make sure it was not broken as I was trying to do that they insisted that I sign for it. Then they walked away, knowing once I signed for it they would not have to return it! So got the box open and sure enough the vanity marble top was broken. They were still there closing up their truck, I told them, "Come back and get it, it was damaged!" They said, "We can't take it back!"

So I called the Pilots customer service and they told me, "Once you sign for it we can't return it!" I told them, "You knew, I wanted to look at it and if it was broken it was going back!" They knew what they were doing when in the middle of opening the vanity if they could get me to sign they would be off the hook to return it! Poor Customer service! I tell you don't order online from lowe's, because this is the company they use to deliver online items... such as vanities, etc. Please go through the store to get your items. Shame on lowe's for using this company.

Get buying tips about Shipping Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Ordered a grill from Walmart with an expected delivery date of two days. A week later and still no grill. It was literally picked up 40 mins away from my house. As I have seen in the other reviews this is very typical of this company. Unfortunately I didn’t choose them. Walmart did.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I am waiting weeks for a time sensitive delivery from. PA to NYC (It’s. 2 hour drive). The parcel is a few hundred pounds and sits on a palette. The only thing they can tell me is it left PA and got to JKF. After days of emails and no reply and listening to recorded voice mails I finally got to speak with a person. Their attitude was “too bad”. I’m amazed by the incompetence and disrespectful attitude. One would hope it’s a barcode system. How is it possible to just misplace something the size of a small refrigerator? Shocked that their management allows this to go on. Horrible across the board. Avoid using them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I ordered some vertical blinds and the company used Pilot Freight as their shipping provider. Order was shipped on 1/13 and was supposed to be delivered on 1/21. The tracking website indicated the order was picked up on 1/14. After that, nothing. After numerous calls/emails/etc., it was first indicated that my shipment was sitting on a truck in Texas and had not been unloaded. Then it was indicated that my shipment could not be found and was deemed lost. They indicated every other shipment on that truck had been unloaded and shipped but mine looked to be lost. How they could lose a shipment of 10 ft tall vertical blinds when every other item on that truck supposedly was offloaded and delivered is beyond me. I contacted the blind company and indicated to them they needed to use a reputable company instead of Pilot Freight. Based on other reviews, I am not sure how any company could use them as their shipping partner.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Called about my $700 couch that appears to have been sitting at the same location for 2 weeks. Lady who took my call was kind and courteous. I was transferred to someone after a 20 minute hold who answers the phone "Hello?" "What do you want?" I asked about why my couch has been sitting at the same location for 2 weeks and I was given a snarky response saying "It's sitting at our dock, we have it, and it will be delivered on the 21st." Judging by other reviews I would avoid this company like the plague, it is very clear where their priorities lay by the way they treat their customers. I will update further when I receive the item, but I am blown away by the complete lack of respect for the consumer. My expectations judging by other reviews are incredibly low, and I am expecting my couch to be broken and smashed to s*** when it gets here.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

This place is a disaster. There is no way to get any help or information beyond what the website tells you. The website tells me that my item was shipped on the 5th, which is now 11 days ago. But there have been no updates to my item other than "in transit". The website also tells me I need to schedule a delivery, but I get an error if I try to do so. I've now called 3 times without being able to get anywhere at all. I understand that there are delays right now, but just be honest about it and don't string people along making them dig for answers because that is extremely frustrating. It's almost like my item was lost but they haven't figured it out and if that is the case I'm going to be very upset as I know the item I waited a few months to come back in stock will sell out again. I'd just buy it from someone else if I knew this was going to take over month to arrive despite a 10-14 day delivery time frame.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Still waiting on my toolbox that I ordered over 2 weeks ago. I am not able to get any updates on when my package will be delivered. The website tracking feature continues to just show it as picked up with no ETA.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have been trying to get a rug delivered from Pilot since last Nov 2021 (it is now January 2022). A few weeks ago I received a call from a driver stating he would deliver within a day or two. Nothing happened. I called him back and was told he was not going to deliver and the rug was back in the Denver facility. Since then, I call almost on a daily basis, leave a voicemail and have only heard back from them once. I was told 8 days ago I would receive a call within a day from another driver. Nothing! I have emailed them and called them constantly. I purchased the rug through Neiman Marcus, who is using Pilot to deliver to me. Just called Neiman Marcus hoping they drop them as a contractor. Horrible horrible horrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have to keep rescheduling my vertical blinds installer here, because Pilot Freight's "tracking" is useless; all it says is "in transit" with no indication of where it is now. They missed the first estimated delivery date over a week ago, and now the second one, which was supposed to be yesterday. They provide a link to email customer service, but their so-called "customer service" does not respond to emails! When I called "customer service", the rep was very difficult to understand (sounded like she was talking through a pillow). As nearly as I could tell, what she said amounted to "don't call us; we'll call you." Encourage your vendor to use a competent freight company like UPS Freight!

Pilot Freight Services author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Established in 1970, Pilot Freight Services is a full-service transportation and logistics company that operates globally. With over 75 locations throughout North America and operations and administration offices in Western Europe, Netherlands and Spain, Pilot Freight Services offers businesses a worldwide network of overseas partners.

• Worldwide shipping: Pilot Freight Services will deliver your freight where it needs to go, whether that’s a few towns over or across the world. Their transborder service streamlines the process of shipping to and from Canada.

• Customized technology: Pilot Freight Services has a wealth of technological innovations on hand to help with your specific shipping needs, including web services, a mobile app and CoPilot, which is an online shipping navigator designed to help you track and monitor your shipments. Pilot’s technology ensures you will always be connected to your shipments.

• Easy home delivery scheduler: Schedule a home delivery easily and quickly using the form located on Pilot’s website.

• Logistic services: Pilot Freight Services goes beyond shipping with their extensive logistic services. These include flex or temporary warehousing and delivering across the nation, reverse deliveries and installation of shipped equipment at customer locations and Ocean Break bulk services (door-to-door, terminal-to-terminal or port-to-port.)

• Electronic Warehouse Management System: All of Pilot’s logistic services are backed by an advanced electronic Warehouse Management System (eWMS). It’s easy to use and directly interfaces with your company’s own ERP system, giving you easy control over order processing, reporting and stocking. You can view and manage live transactions from anywhere in the world.

Pilot Freight Services Company Information