4.0/5 (431 ratings)

About Pilot Freight Services

Pilot Freight Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pilot Freight Services?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I ordered some vertical blinds and the company used Pilot Freight as their shipping provider. Order was shipped on 1/13 and was supposed to be delivered on 1/21. The tracking website indicated the order was picked up on 1/14. After that, nothing. After numerous calls/emails/etc., it was first indicated that my shipment was sitting on a truck in Texas and had not been unloaded. Then it was indicated that my shipment could not be found and was deemed lost. They indicated every other shipment on that truck had been unloaded and shipped but mine looked to be lost. How they could lose a shipment of 10 ft tall vertical blinds when every other item on that truck supposedly was offloaded and delivered is beyond me. I contacted the blind company and indicated to them they needed to use a reputable company instead of Pilot Freight. Based on other reviews, I am not sure how any company could use them as their shipping partner.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Called about my $700 couch that appears to have been sitting at the same location for 2 weeks. Lady who took my call was kind and courteous. I was transferred to someone after a 20 minute hold who answers the phone "Hello?" "What do you want?" I asked about why my couch has been sitting at the same location for 2 weeks and I was given a snarky response saying "It's sitting at our dock, we have it, and it will be delivered on the 21st." Judging by other reviews I would avoid this company like the plague, it is very clear where their priorities lay by the way they treat their customers. I will update further when I receive the item, but I am blown away by the complete lack of respect for the consumer. My expectations judging by other reviews are incredibly low, and I am expecting my couch to be broken and smashed to s*** when it gets here.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

This place is a disaster. There is no way to get any help or information beyond what the website tells you. The website tells me that my item was shipped on the 5th, which is now 11 days ago. But there have been no updates to my item other than "in transit". The website also tells me I need to schedule a delivery, but I get an error if I try to do so. I've now called 3 times without being able to get anywhere at all. I understand that there are delays right now, but just be honest about it and don't string people along making them dig for answers because that is extremely frustrating. It's almost like my item was lost but they haven't figured it out and if that is the case I'm going to be very upset as I know the item I waited a few months to come back in stock will sell out again. I'd just buy it from someone else if I knew this was going to take over month to arrive despite a 10-14 day delivery time frame.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Still waiting on my toolbox that I ordered over 2 weeks ago. I am not able to get any updates on when my package will be delivered. The website tracking feature continues to just show it as picked up with no ETA.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have been trying to get a rug delivered from Pilot since last Nov 2021 (it is now January 2022). A few weeks ago I received a call from a driver stating he would deliver within a day or two. Nothing happened. I called him back and was told he was not going to deliver and the rug was back in the Denver facility. Since then, I call almost on a daily basis, leave a voicemail and have only heard back from them once. I was told 8 days ago I would receive a call within a day from another driver. Nothing! I have emailed them and called them constantly. I purchased the rug through Neiman Marcus, who is using Pilot to deliver to me. Just called Neiman Marcus hoping they drop them as a contractor. Horrible horrible horrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have to keep rescheduling my vertical blinds installer here, because Pilot Freight's "tracking" is useless; all it says is "in transit" with no indication of where it is now. They missed the first estimated delivery date over a week ago, and now the second one, which was supposed to be yesterday. They provide a link to email customer service, but their so-called "customer service" does not respond to emails! When I called "customer service", the rep was very difficult to understand (sounded like she was talking through a pillow). As nearly as I could tell, what she said amounted to "don't call us; we'll call you." Encourage your vendor to use a competent freight company like UPS Freight!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

On November 10th I placed an order online with Walmart for Weider 2980 X Home Gym System with 80 Lb. Vinyl Weight Stack. Was supposed to be delivered by November 17th. It finally arrived on November 29th, except it was only one box of two. Contacted Walmart, they sent out a replacement of this entire item and again, used this "delivery company". That order was placed on December 7th and was supposed to arrive by December 22nd. It arrived today, December 30th. It is 183 pound package delivery, however, only received 1 box again with a weight of 50 pounds. This "delivery" service sucks and should not be in business! They have consistently proven they can't deliver on time and can not deliver the entire delivery order!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Ordered a 65" TV from Amazon in November. Scheduled delivery for Dec 17th. Nearly a month later, on the day I took off work for delivery, Pilot left me a voice-mail stating my delivery was late. After half of a day of calling and leaving messages, a guy I finally got on the phone at the local location had the nerve to tell me "hopefully we'll call you next week." Then, they told Amazon they tried to deliver my package on the 17th but I wasn't home (the day I took off work specifically to be home for this delivery) so it was my fault I don't have it.

Amazon got Pilot on the phone and was told my TV would be delivered by Xmas Eve. The following week, I received no responses to any of my emails or voice-mails, and I got "disconnected" from Pilot's automated system repeatedly. Then on Thursday the 23rd Pilot marked my TV as having been delivered and signed for on Dec 16th, the day BEFORE I got the voice-mail about my TV being delayed. Today on Xmas Eve when no TV had shown up by 6pm, Amazon refunded my full amount with apologies to the little boy whose Christmas is very-likely ruined.

CANCEL ANY ORDER YOU SEE BEING SHIPPED VIA PILOT. I can't re-order on Amazon, or go to Walmart.com, or Best Buy... because they all use Pilot, though how their contracts keep getting renewed is absolutely beyond me. It looks like I'll just have to order direct from Samsung, and try to explain to a very sad little boy why his and only his Christmas is now going to be so late that it'll be next year before it's done.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

They sent an email for tracking and delivery appointment to my home. Between the hours of 3&7 pm. I call them at 7:10 after no delivery to be redirected to several other people to end up at another freight company that “just received” my shipment and can now schedule my delivery. Why would I care who all is getting my delivery and when if it’s not to me???? I make sure I stay home on my day off to wait for something that is never coming? PILOT do NOT send a delivery appointment time and date with confirmation if it isn’t actually coming to my house. Completely useless information if you ask me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I can't speak for the other people that had left bad reviews about Pilot Freight Services but from my own experience an item I recently ordered from Lowe's was shipped through Pilot Freight Services but was delivered by another company not sure why but my item came intact with no damage to the item or the box that it came in. The ONLY! reason I gave them a 4 star is because their online tracking system is extremely delayed. I had to reach out to them over the phone to get an update on my delivery status which I did after calling 2 different locations and only 1 out of the two locations were of any help and was very helpful and respectful.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

If you are considering Pilot Freight, don't. Trust the reviews you are reading. They accurately describe the experience you will have with Pilot Freight. I bought a TV from a third party seller on Amazon, and they happened to use Pilot Freight. I placed the order on 10/19 and Pilot Freight received the package on the 20th. This is where the nightmare began. The expected delivery date was 10/27, but the tracking record didn't update until 10/25, and it showed that my TV was still sitting at the origin.

On 10/28 (one day after the "estimated delivery date", which is a complete joke), the status was updated to "In transit to pickup location", and it's still at the original location. Today (11/1) I checked again, the order was update with the same message "In transit to pickup location" and is still being held at the origin! What kind of complete and utter incompetence is this? It's clear that they almost never deliver on time. If that's the case, why even show people the overly optimistic estimated delivery date?? To trick people into using your service? This is some hyper unethical business practice.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

My wife and I ordered a Artic King 7.0 cubic foot deep freezer from Walmart.com. We had NO idea how bad an experience it would be. Delivery said it would arrive in 3 days and it arrived in 2 days. It was dumped on our front porch with no knock or doorbell ring which was intentional as the deliverer knew the item was damaged. But, guess what, the sides of the freezer were caved in.

My wife contacted Walmart, whom were moronic and not helpful. They referred her to Pilot, who hung up on her twice. Walmart said we'll get an exchange which was expected for 10/12/21. Well we opened our front door this morning (10/10/21), and there sitting was another Deep Freezer dumped on our door step! We were awake and downstairs and this shady delivery driver must have some sweet ninja moves because there was no sound when this was left on our porch. This second freezer was damaged too. Once again, neither Walmart or their fake customer service areas were helpful. We dumped both freezers off at our local Walmart and will not be using their 'services'. Walmart is a global retailer, they shouldn't be using cheap shady third party vendors. Lowest of the low rung of society.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Pilot delivers for Sam's and Walmart. Purchased a TV console at Sam's Club. Had scheduled delivery date with time from 10-6. At 4pm on 09/15/21, I called Pilot and was told item was sitting on dock as witnessed and would be delivered two days later. On 9/17/21, truck shows up and entire box was wet, torn ripped and broken wood pieces sticking out. Why would they not see that and tell me on The day I called instead if delivering a damaged item. I refused shipment and called Sam's Club for refund.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

After they found not find my package for 2 week they finally delivered it broken, missing half of the product, wrapped in plastic because someone ripped opens the box. Then tell me that that’s how the manufacturer shipped it. Looks like someone there needed the missing parts more than me.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I shipped out 3 freight with Pilot in December 2020. All 3 shipments were damaged. Damaged freight #1: the buyer made note on Bill of Lading that items are damaged and sent me the picture. Damaged freight #2, the driver dropped off the damaged freight without the buyer signed the bill of lading. Damaged freight #3, the pallet was gone. When the buyer opened the box, the table is damaged. I sent all pictures that the buyers sent to me to the freight agent. The agent filed three claims around February 2020. I tried to followed up by calling them. I was put on hold for hours to wait for someone to answer. Many phone calls never went through. I am small business owner and works really hard to make things work. Pilot thinks that they can just ignore the small business owner like me as we don't have time and resource to chase them. Think it again. Now I finally have some time and will not let you just take advantage of any small business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Barely ever answer the phone, delivery does not come when scheduled. As a nurse, where people would die if I didn’t do my job, It blows my mind that people can’t do their ONE easy job, such as delivering a bed on the right date.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Ordered a large living room chair through Walmart-almost $1,000. After two weeks, I received an email from Walmart saying Pilot Airfreight was the shipper and to contact them to arrange a delivery date and time. When I called Pilot, they said "Oh no, we will call YOU when it ARRIVES at the warehouse destination in your area." It's now been 3 weeks and the tracking never changed from "in transit". The tracking on the Pilot website is not accurate according to the woman I spoke to at Pilot yesterday. She said it's sitting in a warehouse in my city waiting for a local delivery carrier to pick it up and deliver it to me. She said it could be another 2 weeks or so before that happens! That would make it 5 or 6 weeks after I ordered it until it arrives.

The most annoying part of this is that every time I called Pilot they indicated they simply DO NOT CARE when or IF it ever arrives. I called Walmart to complain and they said they'd send another chair. I told them PLEASE DO NOT SHIP IT through PILOT AIRFREIGHT! I think there is fraud involved here. No shipper is going to want a 100 pound large living room chair sitting around in their warehouse.... More likely it's in someone's living room that works there.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Our mattress arrived to the facility on 7/16. I recommend calling them to schedule appointments. Do not schedule online. They were supposed to come on 7/23 to deliver our mattress, but it never left the facility. So, I rescheduled for Wed 7/28 9-12. They were unable to deliver, due to lack of staff and were very helpful rescheduling. However, they were supposed to come on the 3rd attempt on 7/30/21 between 3-6pm. They arrived at 12, when I was working. Be vigilant and contact them frequently.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Before using This company, please be sure to read the reviews. I purchased an Ebike on Ebay nearly a month ago and still have not received it. In speaking with company I bought the bike from they had to file a fraudulent claim against Pilot Freight Services. At this point I am out $2000 and still have not received the bike... I do Believe this entire mess is the fault of Pilot Freight... Many many bad reviews on the web...

Original review: July 12, 2021

I ordered a product from Sam's Club on May 26th. Been monitoring it via tracking for weeks. Called Sams, Called Pilot.. who have tremendous hold times and lack of answers and redirects. Sam's shipped a replacement product on June 9th, it is now July 12th, and still don't have the product after multiple delivery dates promises made by Sam's and Pilot. Truly a terrible freight company and I would avoid them at all costs. Not reliable whatsoever. I can order products from China on Wish.com faster than this.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Unreliable, unbelievable. Frankly I don't know why this company is still in business. Poor communication, lousy customer service and unethical. They reflect upon the companies that use their service poorly.

Original review: June 9, 2021

First off, don't bother with their tracking service. It's not accurate. It still had my freight at the origin after bouncing around. I had to call them multiple times to find it. We were given a 6 hour window for delivery. Didn't show. When I called, they said there were 2 more stops and I was I one of them. Canceled dinner plans with friends to wait on it.. Turns out my freight wasn't even put on the truck. Mix up. I would be first the next day. Next day, Never showed. I called again. Said they would get to me. I was the LAST stop and they were running late. Still waiting on my freight as I type this. Hope it finally shows.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I ordered The Better Homes and Garden PROVIDENCE Patio Set in Green on March 17, 2021. I was told to expect delivery on April 2, 2021 between 10 and 2.

I received the item with zero call backs at 5 pm that day. THREE HOURS LATER. I tried to call PILOT EARLIER BUT THEY NEVER ANSWER. There was an issue with the patio set, so I set up a puck up with Walmart CS that same day.

They gave me a pick up date of MONDAY, April 5. Pilot NEVER SHOWED OR CALLED. I called Walmart and reported this. The Rep couldn’t get Pilot on the phone for a while and finally, set up a date with them for 10:30 to 2:30 pm on THURSDAY the 8th from 10:00 to 2:00 pm. PILOT NEVER SHOWED. My husband had been dragging that heavy box of furniture in and out of our garage for two days, waiting for them to pick up.

At about 2:00 pm, PILOT CALLS. They want to set up a time to pick up the same furniture... wait for it.... ON FRIDAY the 9th!!! I ask them why aren’t you coming today as scheduled!? “We don’t come to your area on any day except Fridays.” No, apologies or anything. Not surprised. So, they are “scheduled” for TODAY for whenever they feel like picking up the Patio Set.

The shipping company Walmart chose PILOT FREIGHT SERVICES is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. They never pick up their phone and leave you on hold for hours although their website says they are open 24/7. I have been waiting 8 hours for a DELIVERY and now another FOUR DAYS FOR A PICKUP of the SAME ITEM. They Lie. Walmart promised a 10 to 2 delivery/pickup window and PILOT ONLY DELIVERS IN AN 8 to 8 window. They are UNPROFESSIONAL AND DECEITFUL. Shame on you Walmart for using them.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Avoid this company for shipping at all costs! I ordered a large screen TV from Walmart. I was given the option of a shipping company. Per Walmart, I was to schedule an appointment with them for delivery. My delivery date was April 1st between 10:00 and 6:00. When they never showed up I attempted to call them at their customer service number. Over 2 hours waiting on hold and I didn’t even get to speak with a representative! I finally was able to get in touch with Walmart and luckily they refunded my money because they couldn’t get in touch with them either! This entire process has been a complete waste of time! Please save yourself a headache, and have it shipped to your nearest store if possible? If not, cancel your order and find it somewhere else whom doesn’t use this company.

Original review: April 1, 2021

The worst shipping company I have experienced in my 61 years. I do think I need to detail my issues because if you are reading this, you as well have gone through what I already have. And as you know, calling the customer service line will only put you on hold where no one ever answers, calls back or responds to email requests. So, Pilot Freight is based on Kent WA. Their corporate phone number, 1-800-HI-PILOT. Option 8 will get you to Patrick ** the customer service executive. Feel free flood his voice mail box or call sales at option 6 and flood theirs as well.

Original review: March 30, 2021

This has to be the most incompetent delivery service I’ve ever had the displeasure of using. If I could rate it 0 stars, I would. I ordered a mattress from Purple on March 8 and it shipped via Pilot on March 9. As I write this review on March 30, I’m no closer to having the mattress delivered than I was when I ordered it. The original delivery was scheduled for March 22 from 3-7pm. On March 21 around 4:00 pm (less than 24 hours prior to the delivery window), I received an email from Pilot saying that the delivery was rescheduled for the following week. There was no additional information provided. I called Pilot and spoke to a representative who told me that there was a “shipment delay” and that’s why it had to be rescheduled. Figuring that these things happen, I hung up and waited a week.

Fast forward to March 29 around 4:00. This time I get a voicemail stating that the mattress just arrived at their warehouse, but since they have to find an agent to deliver it, they are unable to honor the delivery window of March 30 from 3-7pm. I called Pilot back and was informed by the representative that this was “economy delivery” and there was no guaranteed date/time for delivery. She also stated that they don’t normally deliver to my area, so they had to find an agent willing to do this delivery. Why would Pilot accept this delivery from Purple if they don’t deliver to my area? So, 21 days after the order shipped, your guess is as good as mine as to if or when I’ll receive this mattress. I will NEVER again use Pilot for any delivery and will not purchase something from any retailer that ships the item via Pilot. I would recommend that you STEER CLEAR of this shipping company at all costs!!

Original review: March 25, 2021

Where do I even start, ordered a product on 3/17, horrible online tracking service and customer support. After it's sitting in Ohio for 4 days finally gets to my state and is an hour away from my house. Original Expected delivery was 3/24 and it's 3/25 - whatever no big deal I should probably get it today. HA get a text scheduling my appointment that I won't receive the package until 3/30... It is literally an hour from my house at their pilot location and they schedule an appointment for 5 days from now? 13 days from shipping until intended delivery? A company with a horse and buggy could do better. Don't bother calling you'll sit on hold for 3 hours for their 24/7 customer service. If I could give 0 stars I would.

Resolution response: March 18, 2021

Okay, this is an update for my review of yesterday. My AC was delivered this morning, meaning that I will miss out on making calls to any corporate number I can find. Anyway delivery was today, the gentlemen hoisting this thing around were courteous, professional, and very accommodating. These guys, and at a blind opinion, the folks at the local warehouse are all topnotch. I still wouldn't give 2 pennies and a gobbet of ** for the actual freight side of it, but these guys get kudos.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I had no choice as to delivery company. I ordered an AC online thru Lowe's, I got notification that it had shipped with an estimated delivery date of 3/10, I checked back on the 10th, expecting some delay due to the pandemic, and according to the "tracker" it was was never picked up. I checked again on the 12th, and it had been picked up, but was still in California. Then I tried calling their 1-800 number, and was on hold for an hour, I tried again a couple of days later, item was still in California, again I was on the phone for an hour listening to the lady tell me that my call was important to them, almost asked the computer lady out to dinner, but chickened out... I'm kinda shy...

Next I called Lowe's, they couldn't get through either, but was promised they'd keep trying. Yesterday the tracker showed my a was "TRANSFERRED TO HDA BY DEST" here in town. It still has an estimated delivery date of 3/10, and today is 3/16, so I'm guessing that if I can get the governor to call out the National Guard and I write enough reviews and keep complaining, I might get it by the end of the month. Maybe.

Original review: March 11, 2021

The dishwasher I ordered arrived promptly in 10 days, but their online shipment tracking tool is useless until the product reaches your local warehouse. One star for on-time delivery, I guess. Unfortunately the dishwasher was damaged in two places. It was obviously dropped in the rear corner, smashing the sheet metal rails/brackets attaching the caster and door spring. The front door was dented at the top lip as well. And, best of all, there is about a two inch diameter splotch of what appears to be dried blood on the insulation batting. I will avoid any purchase in the future if the product vendor tells me they are using this shipping company. Hopefully the appliance vendor will make things right, but this is an avoidable inconvenience.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I didn't choose to use Pilot, the seller used pilot to send over sized car parts. The website is cryptic as to when your delivery will arrive, calling them puts you into the hold twilight zone, holding for 20 minutes for anyone to pick up the phone. WHAT A DISASTER!

Pilot Freight Services Company Information