3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best for Transparency
4.5(32,192)

3x Award Winner

About Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief is a nationwide debt relief company that provides debt settlement services and education. The company requires applicants to have at least $7,500 of unsecured debt. Its fees vary by location and range from 15% to 25%, depending on the state where the client lives and the amount of debt they enroll. Though user credit suffers in the short term, Freedom Debt Relief’s credit score impact study, which was updated in 2022, found that most customers saw credit score recovery in 36 to 45 months. Freedom Debt Relief offers HELOC and personal loans through Achieve.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • No fees until settlement reached, authorized by client
    • Has resolved over $17 billion in debt in 20-plus years
    • Works with high debt amounts
    • Long-term credit recovery
    Cons
    • Fees up to 25% of settlement amount
    • Short-term impact on credit

Over 25k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 74%
    • 14%
    • 5%
    • 4%
    • 4%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freedom Debt Relief?
      Customer ServiceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Matt was so helpful and patient. He explained to me (over and over) how things work. I called him several times and he was always glad to explain the answers I asked him. The program sounds very good. I can't wait to be out of debt!!

Dear Ms. Sheely,
      We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience! Our Account Executives do an outstanding job of making sure all clients are prepared for the program and after you have completed enrollment, you hold the reigns to your program! We always make sure to accommodate your requests and help you reach your goals of financial freedom!

Reviewed May 24, 2017

The people at Freedom Debt Relief are very nice for the most part, very helpful. The timing of the contacting the creditors is very disappointing. I am not very happy with my credit score falling to the worst it's ever been... not happy at all about that!!! And the phone calls from the creditors is never ending. Thought they would be handling those.

Hello Ms. Fralic,

While we are glad to hear our customer service has been great, we are sorry to hear about the excessive creditor calls you are receiving. We would like to speak with you and provide you with options to minimize those calls through the settlement process. Please let us know the best time you may be reached at.

No response received

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Thankful for FDR. Each time I've called with questions I always talk with someone who is courteous and knowledgeable, and each person is always encouraging about resolving my debt. I'm glad I decided to go with Freedom Debt Relief. I'm not so stressed anymore.

Hello Ms. Cruz,

We appreciate your positive review! Our Client Services department is dedicated to providing world class customer service to all clients and always answering questions or resolving concerns in a timely manner. We are happy to help you in becoming debt free!

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I was at first hesitant to use any debt relief company to negotiate a settlement of my financial obligations. Like many others, however, I had found myself in circumstances in which the demands had long ago exceeded my ability to keep pace with them. Freedom Debt Relief understood my reluctance, was extremely patient in working through the precise manner in which a payment plan would work and ultimately benefit me, and answered every question I posed honestly and forthrightly.

Dear Mr. Moore,

Thank you for your kind feedback! We understand your hesitation and concerns but we are pleased to hear that our team is able to alleviate some of that stress and those concerns while assisting you. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

The only thing I hate is I was never late on paying and now I've got several credit cards with late charges and that is making balances bigger. I wish that small payments could be made on multiple accounts. If I could make bigger payments would that help?

Hello Ms. Marsh,

Thank you for your review! We understand that the timeframes can sometimes exceed what was expected however we look forward to continuing to settle your enrolled debt. If at any time you are able to supplement funds or have questions in regards to accelerating the program please reach out to our Client Services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com and we would be happy to discuss those options with you!

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I have found that Freedom Debt Relief has provided an essential and necessary service. I am so happy with the help and resources that they have provided and they are working successfully for me to eliminate unexpected debt and bring me peace of mind. Thanks Freedom Debt Relief!

Dear Mr. Barone,

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to successfully assisting you through the remainder of your debt relief program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I would say thanks for your help to reduce my debts. I feel much better now. More relaxing. Thank you. I was very stressing. I had trouble to sleep. My sense of humor it was very bad. My family relation it was very poor. Everything change for better for us again. I would like to express my sincere thanks and definitely I will recommend to my family and friend Freedom Debt Relief.

Dear Ms. Reyes,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Very satisfied with progress of program. Didn't know so many people were involved in working on my situation. Hats off to everyone so far in resolving my debt issue. Would recommend FDR to anyone needing assistance on getting rid of their debt.

Dear Mr. Bonn,

We are so happy to hear about your experience with Freedom Debt Relief! Thank you for your continued referrals to friends who may be in need of our services. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Every time I had a problem or question, I was helped with it. Very helpful. And yes I would recommend my family and friends because I am completely satisfied with this program. And I'm very happy with this program..

Dear Ms. Teresa Jones,

We appreciate the positive review! Thank you for taking time to leave positive feedback for us! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Excellent customer service. Step by step until everything is fulfilled , easy one two three steps until all was resolved. Can't wait to promote you to others, & explain my experience with this program. Excellent excellent. A+++

Dear Mr. Castillo,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with our Client Services department and are grateful for your referrals to those around you who may be in need of our assistance. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Jason was very prompt and explanatory during initial process of application. So far my experience is great. I hope the rest runs as smooth! Also the contract is written so that the average person can understand and break down the agreement.

Hello Ms. Holman,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

So far they has done as said. Handle letters and calls as we request. Making some progress on setting the accounts. Hope more will be completed in next 4/6 months. One account was a little high percentage on settlement, but understand that is the rate for that account.

Hello Ms. Chastain,

Thank you for your great review! We are ecstatic to hear about your success within the program and our team is dedicated to obtaining the best settlements for our clients. We definitely share in your excitement as you become debt free!

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Thank you for the help you give my wife and me in my accounts. The customer service is great and very knowledgeable. I will recommend anyone in this. Service is great. Thank you Freedom for the saving. You help us in the accounts.

Dear Mr. Pacheco,

I am very pleased to hear about your positive experience with our company! We strive to provide word class customer service to all clients. We look forward to continuing to assist you.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Overall excellent. Kept informed. Frightening when served with lawsuit from Am Exp and informed by NLLG. We did not have enough money in account since new to program. However two settlements seemed to go smoothly. Damien helpful getting us on board.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Smith,

Thank you for your kind review and congratulations on your initial settlements! We strive to provide the best possible experience to all clients and are happy to hear this is exemplary of your time with us thus far.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Our experience up to this point has been great with setting up the account to settling our first debt. We had an issue arise which Freedom Debt helped us resolve it without a hassle. This was a big issue to us but your staff was compassionate with our concern and able to help us fix the issue.

Dear Ms. Mahoney,

We appreciate your kind review! We strive to provide excellent service to all clients while settling all accounts in a timely manner. Thank you for choosing Freedom Debt Relief to assist you!

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I would very much recommend Freedom Debt to anyone with a lot of debt... We have already had at least five of our accounts settled. They have helped our financial well being out immensely which in turn makes it so we don't lose our house and car.

Hello Mr. Fleming,

StaffTransparency

Reviewed May 24, 2017

You guys are awesome. You help me to start breathing again. It's awful when you cannot breathe. Thank you!!! Everything was explained in a way that made you feel you could change your situation. It has changed and I am so appreciative. If I can help someone else to see the value in your program, I will be referring them to you all for help!!!

Hello Ms. Fears,

Thank you so much for your great review and congratulations on your settlements thus far! We look forward to your continued success within the program. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

The people at Freedom Debt Relief are absolutely great! I recommend these people to everyone! You can't go wrong them!! The people who work there are friendly and courteous and help you every step of the way. You won't believe how much money they will save you and how quickly your debt will be paid off!

Dear Mr. Ambrose,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I am a regular person who has had medical issues and work issues who is very happy with Freedom Debt Relief... and how they are handling my accounts. I am heading for retirement in a few years and needed professional advice and help.

Hello Mr. Caesar,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Overall Sherry was very knowledgeable and nice. She provided wonderful customer service and answered any questions that I had. I did express reservations, but Sherry was able to address my concerns. She called back as promised and was reliable in the information that she sent to me.

Dear Ms. Bradley,

We appreciate your great review and we are so happy to hear about your experience with your Account Executive! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Freedom has been very helpful. Always willing to answer any and all questions in a timely manner. Anytime I send an email or have a question I always receive a response. They seem to be working very hard at trying to help me rid my debt.

Hello Ms. Leger,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Ken was very encouraging during the process. He imparted valuable information to help me come to the decision. He could tell I was trepidatious. He was patient and knowledgeable, as I know I asked a lot of questions. I feel now that at least I know that my indebtedness is finally coming to an end.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Happy to have chosen Freedom Debt Relief, easy to work with and caring, professional, helps take the worry out of the situation. I am glad to be working with you. I recommend their services to everyone, now I have peace of mind.

Dear Mr. Jul,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your debt relief program! We strive to provide excellence to all of our clients! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Participating in this program has been one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I am not sure if it is Freedom or the person from the lending group who talked me into this but the misinformation given to me is on the verge of leaving my kids and I homeless. When being told about this program and making the decision to do it. I made it really clear I would be needing to move in about 4 months and I needed to look at getting help to send a Child to college soon. I contacted the personal lending after getting a thing saying I was pre-approved for a loan. Then magically I wasnt. I am just about at the 5-month mark of the Freedom program. I was told it would take about 3 months for everything to be negotiated and my credit would be lots better.

So far I have had one account negotiated but I am still receiving monthly bills. Have ask the person at the lending group repeatedly if this is what should happen and received no answer. Found the perfect place to move. Decided to check my credit score low 400. I again let my contact person know my seriousness of my situation. For the last 6 weeks I have been told repeatedly, "Your file just about complete". I even begged to just be honest and tell me how long till things started improving. My contact person is now not responding very often to my question if at all. It has gone from, "I will be your contact person" to just "Call freedom directly".

I have had a vehicle break down as well. When you have a credit rating this low. You cannot rent a place to live. You. Cannot get any kind of help if you have a crisis. You cannot get a second job to feed your children because employers now check your score as well. You definitely are looking at breaking your kid's dreams of college cause you can't help with that if you can't even afford rent. So the idea of the program sound great and I sit on pins and needles every day that something will change and things will get better. But if you have any major life events coming up don't believe them when they say 3 months.

You will also be called up to 12 times or more a day from bill collectors everyday even when your contact person says they will take care of it. They will call your work as well and they work evenings and weekends. I am really hoping that will stop some day too. I would love to say how great this is but so far all I'm feeling is like I just made one of the worst decisions of my life.

Hello Ms. Brine,

We are so sorry to hear about the hardship you are in and we would like the opportunity to speak with you and see if there is anything we can do to assist you at this time. Please let us know the best time that we may reach out to you.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Your offer to become my debt resolver was accepted through a signed contract. The contract was quite worrisome due to the inclusion of voluminous legal jingle jangle. Ultimately, I accepted that the copious legalese was necessary to protect both my own and FDR's interests. As of this point, closing in on our fourth month of debt collusion activities, I am satisfied that I chose a capable and concerned group to handle the chore of relieving me of my mountainous accumulation of debt.

Dear Mr. Petersen,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Everyone I have spoke to has been friendly and were able to answer all my questions, no matter if it has been on the phone or through emails or text messages. I would definitely recommend you to friends and family. Thank You for all your help.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Getting started on trying to resolve budget versus retired income problems - already had one out of six sites respond favorably for us - looking to continue the process as we make our payments - reduction surely has helped us even so far would highly recommend to others and already HAVE done so.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Llewellyn,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to your continued success with Freedom Debt Relief and we appreciate your referrals to friends and family who may need our assistance. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com with any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

It is such a big relief to get debt taken care of by Freedom Debt. No more harassing calls or mail, or emails. I can easily check on my progress by just going online. The agents are SO HELPFUL, and understand & WANT to help me when I have concern.

Dear Ms. Hensley,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear the program is going well for you thus far. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Freedom Debt Relief has great customer service, from their client dashboard to the live reps, there is never a question that goes unanswered. It takes a bit of time to get your account up to where it needs to be for a settlement, but they even coached me thru that. Great people, very compassionate.

Hello Ms. Friedman,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Freedom in this instance, really means freedom with this company. They handle most of the settlements with minimum assistance from me. I didn't know my settlements would be handled so quickly with such professionalism! I was so scared and very skeptical at first, but this is the best move I have made in years to get my credit in the plus again. I wish I had done it sooner! I'm on my way. Yay.

Hello Ms. Campinha,

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to hear you have had a great experience with our Client Services department! We look forward to your continued success within the program! Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com should you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Shai-Mone ** has been fantastic, and has given me hope! His knowledge, assistance and reassurance has been fantastic. I am so glad I signed up with this program. I was under so much stress, trying to figure out how I was going to get out of this hole, and I now have hope that I CAN get out of this, and improve my financial future!

Dear Ms. Chapman,

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Very good. Don't have to wait forever. Not bankruptcy. Lowering the actual cost of my debt. And not as expensive as another loan. When you sign up everyone is helpful and nice. But if you want to talk to them later, they don't answer it. Unavailable. If you don't understand their app. Forget it.

Hello Ms. Baker,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy to assist you in getting debt free and avoiding having to file bankruptcy. We look forward to you successfully graduating the program.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Freedom Debt Relief has me get out of debt in a short amount of time. I have been over the moon with how they have been in touch with my debtors and how fast everything has went. Anytime I have had a question they have always answered it and been very courteous. Can't express how relieved I am and the burden of being in debt off of me. I would recommend anyone who has a problem with debt please call Freedom Debt Relief.

Hello Ms. Thrift,

Thank you for your kind review! We greatly appreciate your referrals to friends and family who may be struggling with debt. Please reach out to our client services department at (800) 655-6303 or support@freedomdebtrelief.com if you have any questions or comments regarding your account.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Other than submitting my welcome package about six times and confirmed now I'm doing it again 'cause every time I call say they don't have it on record of it. I'm happy. Everything I have is in collections so I'm very happy.

Hello Mr. Hoisington,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Since 2016, I have had great experience with Freedom Debt Relief. I don't have to worry about anything. They have taken control of all my debts, also they have settled a few. I am so glad that I picked Freedom Debt Relief to solve my problems.

Dear Earlie,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Yes I definitely recommend to anyone that needed its help. As matter of fact I have recommended someone to your program already. She's already the program. I'm very happy that I sign up with Freedom Debt. They gave happy me a lot. I was a little bit scared at the beginning but as time goes by I was more confident.

Hello Ms. Vang,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I have had a great experience so far with Freedom Debt Relief. They have answered any questions I have had and have friendly advisers. I have recommended this program to several people and will still recommend to anyone with financial issues.

Dear Ms. Williams,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Freedom Debt Relief has been a great company to help me with my debt. The process the company uses is painless and very easy for anyone to use. They have been great to work with and have answered all my questions. I would recommend this company to anyone that needs help.

Dear Ms. Shavers,

Reviewed May 24, 2017

After 6 months of good payments given good option to see if I could pay all my debts in 1 to 3 months through FDR. The associate was very helpful in verifying my concern, my phone went in and out and tried to to get it to repeat the 1 through 9 or 10 on service because I got distracted. Did remember which way the numbers went for best service. Which by the way she was excellent. I believe her name was Elizabeth. Thank you for your always good service, and always putting me first.