Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Comenity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I wrote to complain that they charged me a finance charge after I paid in full before the deadline. They wrote to say to call them. You can not get a live person on their phones. I wrote again to say that and then they told me I authorized them to close my account on 6/24 which I did not and they can not do anything about the finance charge. Funny thing is I placed a charge on 6/24 so that would be a lie.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I had an Ulta card for 3 years. Never late ever! Always paid more than minimum. COVID 19 strikes. Suddenly they cut my credit line. That so impacts my credit rating! Then they do it on another card backed by them, Williams Sonoma. Same thing. MY credit score went from 697 to 588. They are awful!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Absolute horrible customer service. Add non negotiable fees to excellent paying customers with great credit scores. I switched banks after over 25 years. I thought I had updated all my accounts that I have set up to pay balances. Due to the fact that I do not use or carry a balance on my Express charge. I made a minimal charge. I authorized Comenity bank to pay balance. The charge bounced bank due to close account. I contacted them ASAP to give them my new account information. It was a oversight. They would not waive the return fee and added another late fee. They were rude and had absolutely no problems with losing a good customer. They would not negotiate whatsoever. My balance charge balance was paid but I was forced to pay their $64 fees. I closed my account and will Never deal with them again!

Original review: June 24, 2020

A credit card is meant to provide funding for a limited time, but very few people think a the bank will STEAL from them. That's exactly what Comenity has done. The scam works like this: they take your payment check, and cash it, but they don't apply the credit to your balance. Instead, they claim you missed the payment, then they charge you a LATE FEE. When I spoke to customer service, along with a copy of the check they cashed, they told me that I should make another payment so that I do not get another late fee, while they investigate??? OK, so I paid off the total balance. It has been 4 months, and not only have they not investigated anything, they also have not contacted me, and supposedly there is no means of communication with the "department" that "investigates" this kind of thing. Apparently, they are swamped with investigations for stealing customers' money.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I have been using Overstock Credit card for years. Comenity Bank services these credit cards. Their policies are very strict and unlike other popular banks they will make sure they collect the interest on your promotional balance if you missed the payment or made the last payment on a due date after the promotion date. So always make sure you do your due diligence. This Credit card is really like any other but if you do not understand how promotional interest works and credit card 101, then use cash. Here is a tip, if you have a 12 month promotion. Take the balance due and divide it by 11, then let's say you get a number such as 53, round it off to 60. So instead of making the minimum payment which is usually like $35, you will be making $60 payment and getting rid of the promotional balance way before it expires. It's your money, be diligent.

The reason for only 4 star: this is the only credit card company that does not provide you with automatic payments. Really Comenity? You nailed it on how to make you consumer fall for it. It is obviously a trap. So beware and put a self calendar invitation on your You-Phone or Smartphone for payment at least a day before the due date as you have to schedule it manually. This should be illegal but there is no law requiring them to provide this feature. So Due Diligence is the key in life, and so is for this tricky little card.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I haven't ever had a single missed or late payment, and Comenity charged me a ridiculous (and sizeable) finance charge on a debt that has already been paid in full. I am definitely canceling my account. I urge you to never bank with them. They are thieves who don't care about the customer at all. I called and explained (patiently) that the reason my final (autodraft) payment occurred after the deadline was due to a glitch based on their own billing cycle. Even though they acknowledged my perfect payment history, Comenity didn't care. They only cared about charging that interest. They clearly just want to squeeze an extra $500 out of me before I close my account (which I assured them I definitely will).

If Comenity cared about customer service at all, their associates and supervisors would make an exception for honest customers with legitimate concerns. But Comenity made it clear that they don't care about their customers. They only care about that bottom line. Even in the midst of a pandemic, they would take advantage of their most loyal and attentive customers. They are not to be trusted. You have been warned.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. Rude and only care about finding ways to slam customers. Have multiple cards thru Zales Bealls Victoria Secret but hopefully those companies switch as I will be canceling all these cards. Please be aware go elsewhere. I am not a non payer they hide fees and late charges on those paid in full to gain interest and hidden late fees. And agents beyond rude avoid at all costs

Original review: June 15, 2020

I continue to experience problems accessing my account with Comenity bank, over a dozen times after trying to use my password, It always come up, wrong password! I have a total of 3 credit cards with comenity, this happens with every card. After several calls to their customer service regarding login issue, the problem has not been resolved. Ugh.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I have had a Christopher & Banks credit card for several years and have always made payments on time, including now. I paid and Comenity Bank received a substantial payment from me as shown on their website. I currently owe what amounts to 1/3 of my credit limit. When I have tried to make a purchase online, it is declined and I am instructed to call them. I do not hear that well on the phone and prefer things in writing.

I got on the bank's website and went through all of the hassle to get on their "Secure" website to create an account and asked what the problem was. Of course they could not email me an answer so I had to get back on their messaging site. They still wanted me to call. I messaged them back - once again on their site and asked for the explanation. I heard nothing. I tried to use my card again for a pretty small purchase, and it was once again declined. If the bank's site is so extremely secure, I can only assume that they do not want to put their reason for declining in writing.

I have two or three other clothing vendors who use Comenity Bank for their "business credit cards" - where one has to make the checks payable to Comenity Bank. When I receive statements from them, I will make certain that I pay them off. I will contact each business as to why I will no longer use their card and probably will no longer be doing business with them.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Cashier at Century 21 push to open a credit card so I can save 10% equal to $10 and when I tried to pay on the phone they charge $9. Also I returned a sweater for $25 and they didn’t discount for my statement and charged me with late payment, interest fees, etc.

Comenity Company Information