1.1/5 (53 ratings)

About Comenity

Comenity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?

Original review: July 1, 2022

I have been dealing with a payment I made back in February, noting they are not receiving my payment now for 4 months. We have issued now 3 separate checks to them, I receive an email they received it and then another letter in the mail noting my account is on hold. Never in my life have I had such a run around by a company that clearly is not running correctly. Can't get to a manager, have sent now 2 times all of the documents they have requested and call every single week to go thru the same circle with them. I would never ever recommend anyone using this bank and the sad part, I will never shop at Carter's ever again because of the bank they are using.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I along with all of their other cardholders have been inconvenienced tremendously. They claim they had a planned system upgrade. If that was the case, customers should have been notified of this planned upgrade. I like most of those people have been trying to access the online portal to make payments, view transactions and any other account options. As of this post I have been unable to log into my online account center to view transactions for 11 days! They have a copy and paste response on Facebook about the "planned" upgrade saying to keep bearing with them. It is unfortunate that is the way this company is handling themselves. They plan to waive late charges for customers who missed payments on the 27th and 28th, but unfortunately for the other people they are out of luck. Hopefully this issue isn't reported to credit bureaus for those people. I paid my bill in full to avoid this.

We will see if everything works out with that and the right amount comes out of my account. I have heard that some people have been double charged. My card was originally serviced by Barclays and I have had it for almost 10 years. It was switched to Comenity a few months back and it has been nothing but problems ever since. What Comenity is doing to the customers is not right. That is no way to run a business. I along with all my family and friends will no longer do business with Comenity or Bread Financial. (Apparently they might have bought out Comenity and that is what this system update is all about?) I would definitely stay away from this company unless you want to have nothing but headaches.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I applied for a Sephora credit card and was immediately approved. I was able to make a small purchase with a digital temp card but the card was physically sent in the mail. Less than a week later I got an email saying my card arrived in the mail but it never did so I called Comenity Bank's customer service and they said they sent me another one. A week goes by, I receive nothing in the mail so I call again and they say they are going to send it again. At this time, It's been a month since I was approved for the card so I have received my first statement and a payment is due in 20 days. I am unable to make a payment without the physical copy of the card so this will affect my credit score if I never receive the card (for the 3rd time, let's pray it actually comes)..

I asked customer service if I could pay online and they said the only way I could pay without a physical copy was to provide my account and routing number over the phone. So I am expected to share this confidential information over the phone with this company that has done nothing but made me suspicious. It's horrific that a company like Sephora has chosen to partner with Comenity. Looks like we'll all be getting into more debt that we can't pay. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ACCEPT THIS CREDIT CARD OR DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM.

Original review: May 14, 2022

On a monthly basis, they will send a denial letter (Even though you never applied for credit with them). Those causing one's credit score to plummet. Contact them about it, they refuse to do anything. So, anyone is looking to look for credit cards (I'm not; however, if I was, I would not deal with Comenity Bank even if my life depended on it). Stay clear of them. Comenity Bank is nothing but a scam and they will do everything they can to ruin your name even if you don't have an account with them!!!! If all possible, stay clear of Comenity Bank and never allow yourself to be scammed by them because they will ruin your credit even if you don't have credit with them.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Whenever I received their paper billing statement I went to my online banking and sent payment in full. 3x in a row I had late fees added. It wasn't until I realized that they claimed to mail the bill on the 1st I wouldn't get it until the 13. I guess my bank would mail a bill to them and by the time they entered it in it would be late. I've been on the phone trying to contact someone while writing this and 2x I was a hold and drop. I hate these smug cheap money grubbers.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I opened a Sally’s Credit Card and was approved. I purchased a few times and kept up with my payments. Bought a new blow dryer and curling iron. Quite pricey but great products. Miss my payment date TWICE, Due to Covid, but made my payments and got $40 added for late fees each time. They decided to lower my balance which dropped my credit score. I paid the balance off and did not use the card for 2 months due to still trying to get caught up due to having Covid for almost a month. They didn’t care and decided to close my account due to no activity. Which really hurt my credit. They will ruin you and your credit before they will help your credit. Do not get a Comenity Account anywhere.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Worst credit card ever. Wouldn’t recommend. They have lots of technical issues on there and involving the online payment system and then you are the one that gets in trouble for it resulting in your card been frozen for weeks on end. If you try to talk to anyone you will receive the worst customer service of your life. The last time I tried to call and have an issue worked out the woman straight up hung up on me. They will not give you any help at all and they blame you for all of the technical issues.

I’ve had two late payments when I never miss a payment in my life. Last time I missed a payment I’m 100% sure I posted it at the correct date but for some reason it didn’t go through and then my car was rejected the last time I went to use it. They are unwilling to help and their technical service and customer service is the most horrible inefficient thing I’ve ever used in my life. I would not recommend this card to anyone. I plan on paying off my balance and closing my card for good. It’s not worth it.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I have had nothing but trouble getting help on a situation with my account. Comenity bank says it's Ulta's problem. Even trying to get through to a human being is next to impossible and when you do, the person disconnects within seconds of saying their name. Every single time. The only way I could find to communicate with someone is through the online customer service. They say, "We've sent the info to a higher department," and to wait for 24 hours for a response. This is twice now I've been told that and I've heard nothing. This isn't the only time either, I felt completely helpless when my card was being scammed a while back. I'm canceling my Ulta card and going to Sephora. Good riddance.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I do not recommend this company Mastercard. I did not receive one billing statement and was told after I payed my account in full satisfaction. I could not use my credit card for thirty days due to one missed payment. I never missed a payment and always paid my balance in full payment. I was a loyal customer, I could not believe I was being treated like I stole something. I canceled this credit card and will not do business with this company again.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Harasses you if your payment is even a few days late (not even 15 or 30) and will lower your available credit if your credit score fluctuates, further lowering your credit score. DO NOT TAKE THIS CARD. IT'S NOT WORTH IT and can do more harm than good to your credit.

Comenity Company Information