1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

366 Comenity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Don't bother. They play with limits constantly decreasing even if you pay on time. I didn't use one of their cards for only 4 months and they closed it without even informing me. Not worth the inquiry on your report.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

This has been the worst credit card I have ever had. I got behind on payments due to a job loss and tried to make arrangements. I paid what I could and their debt collection department would call me 6-8 times a day. Sometimes more. I have since then closed my account with these people as the fees and balances kept getting higher. These people have the worst customer service for a credit card company and I will never ever get another store credit card through Comenity bank in my whole entire life.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

DO NOT USE COMENITY BANK FOR ANYTHING!! WRITE A CHECK, PAY CASH, BUT AVOID THEIR CREDIT CARD. The billing cycle is as difficult to understand as their customer service staff located "Offshore". They are reading off a script as English is their second language, they use fake American names and one even tried to get me to pay my bill a second time. I paid the bill in full to have to not deal with them. I suggest everyone do the same and keep every statement for verification of facts. One rep had the audacity to ask what my second cell phone was for?? I dont have a landline, it was none of their business. I am writing because I was in customer service for 30 years and would never talk to people in this manner. It is too bad the merchants I like use this bank. I plan on letting the merchants know what a bad experience I have had and it will affect my shopping habits.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I signed a finance agreement with Ideal Image for $3500. My payments were supposed to be interest free. Ideal Image set up a payment schedule of $150 per month but Comenity Bank bank billed me $75 per month. I sent in monthly payments to Comenity Bank ranging from $100-150 every month, thinking I was getting ahead because I was unaware of the deferred interest penalty if not paid in full within 24 months. I never missed a single payment, nor was I ever late. On the 25th month I was slapped with a deferred interest charge of almost $1200! When I called the customer service helpline no one could help me. I was told to send Comenity Bank a written request by mail. After sending a written correspondence Comenity Bank would only waive $390 of the deferred interest, even though I paid the remaining balance in full merely 8 days after the 24th month. I will never do business with this bank ever again. Lesson learned.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Comenity Bank is the worst bank ever. Beware!! I had a Pottery Barn card. Been making payments. I got behind one payment. Decided to go on a payment plan then pay a large sum in a few months then get rid of the card. They called an associate of mine's sister whom I don't know and have never met and told her, I have her listed as a reference. Which was a lie. Which could have resulted in me being bought up on fraud charges. I am now taking legal actions against them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

DON'T EVER OPEN A CARD WITH COMENITY EVER!!! I opened a card while in BJS last month and was planning on making this my major card to use for all purchases. I thought my payment due date was the sixth of the month, and paid my bill on that date. I was wrong and it was due on the fourth. My full statement charge was $71.01 which is what I had paid. They charged me $27 late fee and $90.63 for a finance fee. I called Customer Service in Kansas City and spoke to Adrianna (Account Supervisor) and Brady (Sr. Account Manager) and requested them to waive the finance fee and late charges, but they refused!!! I told them that I am never late with my bills and that this was the first month of the card. They still refused. These fees were $117.63 which is almost $50 more than what was due.

In a day where there are many options and banks, please shop around as this is not a choice. I then called Corporate Customer Service and I will be writing a letter to the Corporate Offices to inform them of the HORRIBLE experience I have been provided by their employees. I am still on hold with Corporate (already 36 minutes). I hope this greediness by Comenity was worth losing a good customer!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I sent in a payment to pay my Kay Jewelers balance. The payment was applied to my husband's account in error. As soon as I received both statements showing the balance remaining on my account plus late charges, and my husband statement showing a credit balance in the amount of the payment submitted for my account I called Kay’s. I was advised they would file a payment dispute to Comenity Bank for corrections and all fees would be waived. I received a letter from Comenity requesting proof of error. I sent a detailed explanation along with copies of both statements. The following month I received a collection phone call for past due amount on my account. I called Comenity Bank and spoke to 3 different individuals customer service representatives, Supervisor and Sr Supervisors. I had to pay my balance again and credit would be refunded from my husband's account, not ideal but acceptable.

When I asked to have 2 months of late fees waived I was told they could only waive one fee. Even though I called as soon as the misapplied payment, sent documents as requested because they did not process correction prior to next monthly billing I had to pay a late fee. Comenity Bank has the worse customer service. They cannot assess a situation and make a logical decision. Their process is to not waive more than one fee in an 18 month period regardless of fault. Unfortunately this is a very bad reflection on Kay Jewelers for utilizing this bank for payment processing and the treatment of their (Kay Jewelers) customers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had a Lane Bryant Credit Card, in good standing, with a 600.00 credit level; used the card once or twice and decided that I didn't shop at Lane Bryant enough to warrant a credit card. Then, a second card appeared, through Lane Bryant, that I don't know anything about and have not used this second card to purchase a thing from Lane Bryant. The second card has incurred late fees for a purchase that I did not make and upon asking for proof of the purchase and my signature - none has been provided. Now my credit score has taken a hit - numerous phone calls to my cell phone - monthly statements with the mounting late fees - calls to an ex-husband claiming that Comenity didn't have a way to reach me, when they are calling me on my mobile phone. Calls to my in-laws in another state trying to locate me - and then numerous emails telling me that my home address, which is not a PO Box, is not accurate, but yet I get a statement every month.

Bottom line is this company is unethical and unscrupulous, as everything that they have done was below acceptable. I have paid off this credit card - over 300.00 to get them to stop their numerous phone calls - at least 10 a day; to get them to stop calling ex-spouses from years ago, and to stop them from calling my aging in-laws (both in their 90's) for a credit card that I have not used/did not open. Now I am left to repair the damage on my credit score and to try to appease my elderly in-laws, who were concerned that I was being fiscally irresponsible. My best advice to anyone that wants a credit card that is supported by Comenity beware that not only your credit can be affected, but family relationships also. They will not stop at harassing you - but anyone associated to you; whether current or previous will be contacted. To me that is defamation of character.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The worst card ever!! 3 years with them and have been nothing but loyal. Lowered my CL by 700.00 during the holidays, now it lowered my credit score. Never received notice or ever missed a payment. HORRIBLE! Used to be my favorite card but I’m done with them. Please don’t let them do it to you, not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I made the mistake of signing up for a J.Crew Store card when they were running a promotion, thinking I would get some added savings and benefits. Such a huge mistake. Wish I could go back in time and undo. This company is predatory and abusive, taking any and every opportunity to damage your credit. The first month I had the card I had a hard time figuring out how to make a payment... Setting up and accessing my new account online was a headache and my first payment was late as a result. Not even 30 days. Guess what. They dinged my credit score. A score I had been working very hard to improve. I then realized that there was NO WAY to set up autopay on the account, which made it difficult to pay bills. I'd need to log in online and manually pay every month... a hassle I haven't had to deal with for nearly a decade.

Dark ages in terms of financial services. So when I was traveling last summer... guess what? Forgot to pay my bill online and they hit my credit AGAIN. They also hounded me mercilessly by phone after I emailed about the problems, to the point of harassment. I finally asked for my outstanding balance and instructions to close the account because I was so sick of dealing with them and guess what they did. Closed it without further communication and reported the outstanding balance to credit agencies, further damaging my credit. I wanted to pay it off and then close the account, not close it with an outstanding balance. They are responsible for lowering my credit score over 100 points for less than $1K in credit. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR COMENITY CARDS IF YOU VALUE YOUR CREDIT.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I have paid this bank on time every time since I have had an account with them for about 3 years now. This month they have greatly destroyed my credit by lowering my credit line to the amount of my balance. I owe on one account $2,370 and they lowered my balance to $2,400 which makes me look like I have almost maxed out my card. To top it off they have done the same with the other cards too. On one I owe $96 and they lowered the credit line to $100.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I am currently fighting with this bank (unsuccessfully) to have them remove excessive late fees. I made ONE purchase, paid in cash at the store a few weeks later which was one day past the due date and I am now accessed 60$ in late fees on a paid off $38.00 charge. I am adding this review so that whoever has a problem with this bank will know to SUBMIT a complaint to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Hopefully if enough people do this, more customers won't get screwed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have a few store cards through Comenity Bank, and just astonished how they can cripple a person's credit score, just because! I have NO LATE PAYMENTS, pay much more than what's actually due every month, and just found out that my credit limits have been lowered, which in turn, has ruined my credit. How can they get away with this? I had no clue the card's limits were lowered until I just checked balances to begin shopping for Christmas. I thought I had a few hundred on one card, several hundred on another (all in good standing with NO LATE PAYMENTS) and was shocked to see that they had lowered my available credit. I don't understand how they can just crucify someone's credit rating/scores without just cause?

Unfortunately, I can't afford some high-priced attorney to rectify this situation that Comenity Bank has put me in. I have no clue what I should do next. This bank is shady as heck, absolutely no integrity and their unethical practices need to be stopped. If I close these accounts now that they have ruined my credit, doing so will also affect my credit. I'm in a bind, and have no clue how to get out of this mess that they've created. Bottom line: Please reconsider opening ANY account that has Comenity Bank as the issuer of credit. Is this legal???

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Comenity Bank does not process the payments they receive in a timely manner. I scheduled a payment on the 12th and they didn't attempt to take the money until the 24th. By the time they tried to take it, it was already spent because I thought they took it already. Then after that they ruined my credit report by stating that I didn't pay on time and then began calling my phone ten times per day using different phone numbers. I WILL NEVER GET A CREDIT CARD WHEREAS THEY ARE THE FINANCING BANK EVER AGAIN AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have a Venus credit card. I had a payment due in the beginning of October. I made a late payment mailed out on Oct 28. I made the payment for more than what was owing. I kept getting phone calls from Comenity coming up as fraud or spam. The problem is, the call with auto answer on my phone. In other words, they not only called, but also had the ability to answer my phone without my consent. It was freaky! I checked my bank account and nonpayment was processed. However, I kept getting the automatic calls that also answered my phone, with the ability to listen in on my in home conversations... Their calls were also able to hang up my calls if I was on the line. So I'm talking to my cousin in the phone, I get that phone number calling me, I don't answer it and continue to talk to my cousin and it hangs up my conversation automatically. Super freaky and WRONG!!! DO NOT TRUST COMENITY BANK. THEY ARE FRAUDULENT AND SCARY!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I had a Hot Topic card through Comenity Bank. I used it a couple times throughout the year and normally paid it off in a few months just to keep the account open. I had used it, then went through a divorce, and because of that I was out of work and not able to make a payment. That's fine. I'll take the late fee for that. I got a job, but my card was due on the 4th and I don't get paid till after the 9th. I called them and waited on the phone for what felt like forever, then spent even more time with THREE, very rude, different people who all said 'we can't do anything until you make a payment.' I'm sorry - I have $10 in my account and I don't get paid until the 9th. Long story short - They didn't even try to help. I am dissatisfied with their "changes" and will be canceling any and all cards I have through them.

I just want to say how WILLING and ABLE PAYPAL was to help me just move my payment date to prevent further late fee occurrences. It's not like I was asking a lot from Comenity Bank - I just can't afford $54 in late fees because 'there is nothing they can do to help people facing financial difficulties,' like they say on their website. Reading a lot of new reviews, I see people are defiantly feeling the same way; glad to know I'm not the only one dissatisfied with them. I hope they see their problems and work towards fixing them, especially customer service. Don't say you can help on your website then refuse to help when asked - false advertisement...

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought furniture from El Dorado. They sent me inferior damaged goods. The next thing I know I am being threatened by a Comenity bank. Comenity refused to consider my dispute and correspondence. I sent all documentation that I had. They charged my El Dorado Blucard 51.77 (after I had the money returned to my account by my bank due to a dispute), without authorization or signature, or permission. Senior account executive refuses to contact the store itself. Comenity is adding finance charges on top of the illegal charge. I do not owe Comenity any money. In fact, El Dorado owes me 114.22. This has been verified by El Dorado. El Dorado and Comenity say they are not the other company, so whatever dispute I have, I have to contact the other guy. El Dorado has closed my account, and cannot access the information. This cannot be accurate.

Comenity refuses to contact the debtor, to verify information that I did not have. The senior account specialist, Terry, says he needs to know when the refund was supposed to be issued to the account. Comenity had no authorization to charge any amount on to the BLU card for anything, whether or not they considered it to be valid. My credit union said that was fraud. Comenity refuses to contact the debtor, to verify information that I did not have access to because the information was too "itemized" on statements.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

BEWARE! My experience with Comenity bank has been a disaster. Although I provided proof of payment they reported me as delinquent dropping my credit score 75 points!!! Then the send me a letter stating they've dropped my credit account to only $100!!! My credit score is the same as the day they approved me for a credit card. This is NO way to treat anybody.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been a Pier 1 customer with perfect pay for 20+ years. Comenity bank sent me a letter that they were closing my account because I use PO BOX for mailing and they couldn't verify my physical address. They advised me that they use an auto dialer to call and check and of course I would never take those calls. I was advised I could have my account re-opened by sending all my personal information by mail and when I called after sending they advised me couldn't open my account and the only thing I could do is reopen a new account which would affect my credit score. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Stay away from any cards by Comenity! I have about 7 cards with them, never late on a payment. I recently paid off a few and made some large payments on others. Today I got an e-mail from a credit monitoring website that my score had dropped due to a creditor closing an account. I checked, they closed my Pier 1 account with no notice! I've never been late on any of my payments, and in fact pay them early. I had 500.00 available credit, with 0 balance, and they closed it for no reason!

Also, my Loft card and New York and Company they reduced the available credit on, which also made my credit score go down. I closed my Loft card with them today, as I just paid it off and am afraid they would close that too, and make my score drop even more. I'd rather close them myself than have them do it. They seemed to like it better when I was making the minimum payment each month. Try to be responsible and pay them off or down, and that's the thanks you get, screwed up credit!! Never again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had gotten a $4000 limit at Zales for a purchase. Was told to pay it off in a year no interest and they told me how much to pay for my final payment. I paid it and 2 weeks later they added $467 to my bill saying I owed $30 off my final payment and no one can adjust it or help. I have to pay it off. Stay away from this bank. They are out here to rob people.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

No clear answer and claims that they are in the 'Right' to do this. They might be but it is NOT ethical at all. 12/19 Promo Finance Charge 657.72, 1/12 Finance Charge 657.72, 1/12 Promo to Revolving 1,873.31, 2/9 Finance Charge 58.97. My original purchase was for 2,194.31. Current balance with consistent monthly payments 2,039.61. I owe only 100.00 less than the original charge 2 yrs later. Will NEVER use them again. Will be paying them off this year.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had a Victoria's Secret credit card since 2002. I had never made a late payment, and still have a balance of a few hundred dollars on the account. I get a letter that my account had been reviewed and was closed. I immediately call Comenity customer service for the VS credit card and was told that the bank has the right to review accounts and close them at any time. The reason was vaguely given that my billing goes to a PO BOX, which it had for the entire time I had the card, so this made no sense to me. I live in a rural community and post office boxes are very common so that we don't have to maintain a personal mailbox. I was told since the account was closed, they could not re-open it, and I would have to re-apply for a brand new account. I declined and simply said I would pay the balance I owe. I am so dissatisfied with them just closing the account with no advanced warning, especially after being a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been a J.Crew card member for over 10 years and have never experienced such terrible customer service in my life since J.Crew switched to Comenity a few years ago. There was apparently an attempted fraud on my account so Comenity sent me a letter which said they were suspending my account due to security concerns and that I needed to send in a few identification items (Driver's license, etc.) within THIRTY days or else they would close my account. I sent in the items but they didn't receive them which is hard to believe. But ok, even if that were true, they terminated my account WITHOUT sending me a letter, email, giving me a call, nothing, to let me know that my account was terminated. That is outrageous to me. Had I known they terminated it, I would have RESENT the information they needed.

They are now refusing to give me ANY information about the fraud that transpired on my account because my account has been cancelled. They also said I need to reapply for a CC and they can't reactivate my old card. I just want to say, that never in my life, has the fraud department at a company been so rude. They never said that they were sorry this happened to me or how could they help. Every person I talked to was impatient and treated me like I was wasting their time and they needed to go back to watching TV. They wouldn't even give me basic information about the fraud so that I could check my other credit cards and accounts to make sure this didn't happen elsewhere.

Second, their payment system online does NOT always work. In fact, I have had SEVERAL occasions where my payments did not go through online but went through via my checking account and then I was charged a late fee and an interest charge by Comenity. On my last payment, this is what happened and they charged a late fee and interest charge. I asked for that back since I tried to put the payment through on the payment date and they said, “Sorry, your account is now closed, so you can't get anything back.”

I kept reminding them that I have been a member for over 10 years and a good one at that. The fraud department literally said to me, "that doesn't matter to us mam." Disgusting behavior. DON'T GET A CREDIT CARD WITH THEM. They will not help you with your account EVEN IF THERE IS A FRAUD ON IT. They should be dismantled and reported to whatever banking regulatory body controls. A fraud department is supposed to serve YOU, the customer, the victim, when a fraud has been attempted. It was very clear to me that they were only protecting themselves and not me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We purchased a trip to China in July of 2017 and purchased it on our Comenity Toyota Visa Card. We were notified in August of 2018 that the Company went out of business for out October 2018 Trip. Our friends put their trip cost on a Mastercard and received a credit in three weeks. We have been told that there is nothing they can do, to yes file a claim with Visa Insurance Carrier for a refund of travel cost up to $2000. Also were told that we would receive a refund of the foreign transaction fees only to receive an email 2 hours later to say that would not happen. Still waiting for refund and they keep asking for more documents that they already have or refer you to the insurance company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My husband brought several thousand dollars worth of jewelry from Kay Jewelers with insurance the banking and payments were transferred to Comenity Bank. We spent money on insurance through Kay Jewelers and it was canceled before the Comenity Bank was transferred. Which makes no sense since they are the same insurance company 3rd party that Comenity Bank uses. So after we find out this bank took over we tried to find out about our coverage given the run around then asked about new insurance no help. Finally account holder has heart attack and ended up with quadruple bypass surgery. Comenity Bank would not help defer payments nor help me with insurance options. I would rather return the jewelry. The sad thing is the insurance would have covered the balance but they don't have an answer of why we were not able to see this online until today and why it was not offered.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Disgusted by their total nonchalant attitude about customer service and trying to accommodate a customer in any fashion. I am so angry right now I am seeing red. I have been a long time Victoria’s Secret customer and have a large available credit on my credit card. I have never been late on my payment. Never missed a payment on over the last 20 years of having their card. I’m sure I’ve paid quite a bit of money and interest. For some reason I couldn’t get into my online account so I decided to call them directly and for some reason they had the wrong bank account listed. No problem, I called and talked to customer service Erik ID number **, explain the whole situation to him and ask if you would kindly update my bank information and I would make my payment right away on the phone.

I was quickly informed that he was going to charge me nine dollar fee. I asked him if he could do one time courtesy and waive the fee since I have never asked them to take a payment by phone the whole time I have been with them. Answer was flat out “no we cannot do any courtesies that’s why we give you the option to make payments other ways.” I immediately asked for their corporate phone number and conveniently the phone went dead. I call back when I spoke with a supervisor by the name of the Lakeshia ID number **. I asked her the same thing if she would be willing to waive nine dollar fee since I’ve been a great customer for 20 years, And the answer was adamantly no. So I said to her you would rather lose a great customer of 20 years because you will not waive a one time nine dollar service fee, her answer said yes and my account is now closed.

I know that this will bring my credit score down a little bit but at this point I do not care because I will never use them for any credit again. I am disgusted they are so concerned about a measly nine dollars, when God only knows how much interest they have made off me in the past 20 years. I have credit cards with other companies and I know for a fact if I called them they would be more than accommodating to waive a one time fee to make a payment over the telephone. Lol my payment is $24 to pay my credit card balance. If you ever see a credit card with this bank attached to it run as fast as you can and go with Discover or some other credit card. This company does not want good customers or they wouldn’t run them off after 20 years with their strict rules about charging nine dollar fee to take a payment over the phone. I’m definitely going to file a complaint just based on their LACK of customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This review is for my Pottery Barn card, which is issued by Comenity Bank. Do your homework before applying for this card. This card has a high interest rate with high late fees, and horrible customer service as stated by many other reviewers. After approving you for the card and subsequently using the card with 100% on-time payments, they may suddenly ask you for copies of your driver's license and social security card before they'll let you continue using the card, for no other reason than they feel the need. Huh? I have never had a credit card ask me for that information. Also note that their system is set up to surreptitiously charge their customers exorbitant late fees and finance charges. How do they do this? By stating that the due date is on a specific date, let's say the 16th of the month, as an example, but then imposing an early cutoff time on that day in order for the cardholder to avoid the late fee and finance charges.

Depending on your time zone, the payment could be due as early 2pm on the due date. If you pay this bill online directly through Comenity Bank's website on the due date, but pay it at 2:01pm...Wham! You will be assessed a $37 late fee and finance charges. Well played Comenity Bank! Very sneaky and underhanded! Can you call Comenity Bank's customer service and get these fees waived? No, you cannot! Even if you are one of their best customers and charge $4000/month on this card, the answer is still "NO"! If this happens to you and you request that the account be closed, here is the response you'll receive--a very syrupy letter that says:

"Thank you for your time as a valued card member. We have appreciated the opportunity to serve you and are happy to assist with any future needs regarding your credit card account." "We have appreciated the opportunity to serve you and are happy to assist with any future needs"? How about crediting back your ridiculous late fees and finance charges on my account when the payment was paid on the due date Comenity Bank? You most definitely will not be helping me with any future needs; that I can say with 100% certainty. My experience as a customer using Comenity Bank's card has been the worst I've ever experienced. Comenity Bank has not helped me in any way, but in fact has "strong armed" me into paying unwarranted fees.

I find it laughable that Comenity Bank thinks they have "served" me, when in fact they have stolen from me by covertly setting up a system in the hopes that many unsuspecting customers won't look at the fine print -- that the due date they are referring to is not actually the whole day, but a partial day. I've had various credit cards over the past 30 years, but none as deplorable as this one from Comenity Bank. I wish I could give Comenity Bank a zero star review. They certainly deserve it for their unethical practices. Shame on you Comenity Bank!

Furthermore, Pottery Barn is no longer allowing customers to use their Pottery Barn card that is issued by Comenity Bank to make purchases unless they are at the store in person to present the card. This is also true of their reward certificates. I have been told by many Pottery Barn employees that their company is concerned about the lack of security that Comenity Bank provides their cardholders. With all of the above-mentioned reasons, as well as all of the negative reviews from Comenity Bank cardholders, you would think that Pottery Barn would provide a better card and rewards program for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Cardholder for years. High credit limit over $10,000 - NEVER missed a payment - paid in full then they lowered my available credit to $750 and said I had a credit score of 400!!! I work in the financial industry, have access to all 3 bureaus, just refinanced my house, and my score is in mid 700s. I called, wrote and never got an explanation. They refused to tell me what credit bureau they used. Isn't fraudulent credit reporting illegal? I closed the card. Horrible business practices.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Shame on Comenity Bank! I received a surprising letter from them that my HSN credit card account was now closed. I have 18+ years of excellent payment history with that card. I called 5 times and got passed around Comenity and transferred to HSN with no good answer from anyone. I would really like to have my account back with HSN. But HSN said it is in the hands of Comenity Bank. Comenity said they closed my account because they did not have a physical address! Weeks before the "closed account" letter, they left a voicemail message that I promptly returned and was on hold for over 15 minutes (no exaggeration) so I hung up and forgot about it.

Comenity should have sent a letter requesting the info that they needed to keep the account open. This whole thing sounds fishy and unfair to consumers. What can we do about this? I am furious that the only solution they offered was to re-apply for a new card. So I did, and still have not gotten a response. I have an excellent credit score in the 800 range and fear that it could be compromised by Comenity's careless action.

Comenity Company Information