1.11/5
Based on 118 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Comenity

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

247 Comenity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Comenity is probably the only bank that doesn't allow auto-pay. If you forgot to set up an online payment for the purchase, you get hit with a $27 finance fee. They totally suck. I am canceling my Crate & Barrel card. They aren't worth the trouble.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My chronically ill 76 year old mother had an account with Comenity to pay for her dentures. In January of last year (2017) she became very ill & was in and out of the hospital for months and then on hospice. I continued to pay her bills - not one late payment, ever. July 14, 2017 her dentures were finally complete. July 28th she went into a coma, and passed away August 12, 2017. As the executor of her estate, I notified every company that she owed money to and either paid, put on a payment schedule, negotiated the bills down, or had the bills discharged completely.

September 12, 2017 I spoke with Comenity, explained that my mother had passed. The rep (Diane) told me how sorry she was, and that my mother’s account would be closed. Do not pay anything. I needed to fax a copy of my mother’s death certificate to their “Deceased Department”. Which I did, and I included the copy of her September statement (which I had already paid by the way).

October 13, 2017 I received a bill from Comenity - this one included a late fee. I called again. The rep (Marcus) apologized profusely, looked at the account, said that the account was closed, disregard, do not pay. I never received another thing from Comenity. Not one more piece of mail, not a phone call. Nothing. Fast forward to yesterday, February 9, 2018. I signed for a certified letter. To my shock it was from the debt recovery company Ascension Point Recovery Services on behalf of Comenity Capital Bank for $1128. I called Comenity yet again. The rep (Rihanna) told me she wasn’t able to be specific about the details of my mom’s account because there was no power of attorney on file. I told her that was irrelevant since POA ends with a person’s death and what she should have been asking for was the letter testamentary - which, as the estate executor, I had.

However, the two previous occasions I had spoken with Comenity. NO ONE REQUESTED IT IN ORDER TO SPEAK WITH ME ABOUT THE ACCOUNT. Rihanna told me that she could accept payment from me today (I am not legally or personally financially responsible for this bill - she knows this, and I told her that I would not be paying it that day). She repeated that she wasn’t able to speak with me about my mother’s account, and that the reps I spoke with in the past should not have told me anything about my mother’s account. I told her (again) that I am the executor of my mother’s will and they certainly did speak with me. Two months in a row.

The rep placed me on hold, again. Had me speak with a supervisor (Amy) who again placed me on hold. When she came back on the line, she kept saying over and over, “I’m trying to figure out what went wrong on our end. I think I see what... Hmmm. What went wrong. I think I see...” “Amy” never finished those sentences, was completely noncommittal about “what went wrong on their end” and then she had the audacity to advise me to call the debt recovery company to see what THEY could explain to me.

At that point, I was beyond angry. I explained that the two previous occasions I had spoken with Comenity reps (9/12/17 & 10/13/17), I asked what happens going forward - and they BOTH told me “NO MORE BILLS. DO NOT PAY. ACCOUNT CLOSED.” I told her (Amy) that I want someone from COMENITY to explain to me how my mother’s account went from, "NO MORE BILLS. DO NOT PAY. ACCOUNT CLOSED," to “This is an attempt to recover a debt”.

I also told “Amy” that I would have paid what I could in September/October. I would have negotiated the payment down and I would have PAID it. Instead, I get blindsided with an $1128 bill. I have been paying all of my mother’s bills, using the money she had left in her checking account. She didn’t have much. If Comenity Capital Bank hadn’t engaged in deceptive tactics and had accepted a smaller payment on my mother’s balance in September, they would have received something. My mother’s account is now almost depleted. There is no “$1128”. My experience with Comenity has been abysmal. Deceptive and predatory are the only adjectives I would use to describe Comenity Bank and their business practices. Shame on them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I forgot to pay and was charged a late fee. Fair enough. I paid off the balance and decided not to use the account anymore since it was really only for convenience sake. I went on the site to shop one day and saw that I had another charge. They had added a $2 minimum charge -- if you don't have a balance THEY CHARGE YOU! And when you don't pay since you foolishly think you don't have a balance, they charge you a $22 late fee! How's THAT for a brilliant scam!! I emailed to cancel the account immediately. I got an email back from Comenity Bank that agreed the account was canceled that day and I owed $22. I paid the $22.

I went back the next month and they had charged me AGAIN! $2 with a $22 late fee! I paid. I know, I know, but I just wanted them gone and I knew if I called they would say, "It's because of this and this and you didn't pay"... I took the easy way out, paid the money and emailed again to close the account. They emailed back that the account was already closed a month ago. So I went to look and they had charged me again! WTF?! So I've called and been put on hold repeatedly, eternally. Now I'm going to write again. I am not paying them anymore and I hope they take me to court. I would love to tell them what I think of them!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Have tried to pay on my card. They will not accept a debit card from PayPal. PayPal is a debit card. I've been very frustrated at this point because now they want to rack on interests from my balance that I owe. All I want to do is pay the thing off and be done with it. When I was offered the card no one told me that they had certain ways that you could only pay. I pay my other bills using the same card but I can't pay using my card with them. Bunch of crock to me. Do not get this card.

This is how they rip you off. Now I find out they won't accept union either. They also don't have an autopay! Never seen this before. They literally told me I had to take money from my accoun,t go purchase a debit card and pay them. What??? PayPal is debit!!! I am beyond mad. I've gotten calls from Kansas, Ohio, all over the place. I told them not to keep calling me but they do so in keeping track because since they keep on that is more money for me in the long run. For anybody that doesn't know FTC regulates and tells you that once you tell them to quit calling you and they do it is $1,000 per call.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a Victoria’s Secret credit card. Comenity is the finance company that issues the card. I received a bill for a late charge for fraud protection on my account which I did not ask for but was charged for it anyway. I contacted Comenity and was told that that was provided through an outside agency and I had to contact them. I did this and they credited my account for the fee but I was still expected to pay the late charge for a service that I did not consent to. This was even after the outside agency credited my account for their fee yet Comenity Still said I had to pay the late fee. I never consented or asked for this service but I charged for it anyway and when I didn’t pay it I was charged a late fee. I never ordered any merchandise or went into the store to purchase any items. This late fee was solely based on a mistake made by someone at Comenity and I got left holding the bag and when I didn’t pay Comenity continued to access late fees. My account was paid off until this debacle happened. Now to top it all off my account is sold to an credit agency which they are asking for almost $500 for someone else’s mistake.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

A bank that supports 163 retailers by giving credit card option to customers doesn't have an "AUTOPAY" option in their payment method. I am a 10 yr veteran of Express clothing for men. I not only shop at Express regularly but uses an Express credit card. Unfortunately; I don't pay attention to my PDF statements, and all my credit cards are on "Auto Pay". But this credit card company doesn't offer "AUTOPAY". You can't even set up payment below 30 days. I mean; that's what Wells Fargo did and charges million of $$ to people; and this bank clearly following other banks scamming customers. Will close this account ASAP; and will create awareness in people shopping at Express.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Your OFX downloads are not correct. They are showing all transactions as purchases. So when I make a payment it downloads as a purchase for that amount. This is playing havoc with my MSMONEY software. Can you please fix your OFX downloads to conform to the published standards for OFX downloads?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have a Bealls Outlet credit card with them and I made payments thru my bank to them and never got credit. I have overpaid them on this account and have been trying to get this straightened out for about 10 months and it is not resolved yet!! They continue to call and harass me about it being past due and it is on my credit report. I would not recommend this bank to anyone! I have send them bank statements showing the payments that were made and they still call!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

If your payment is not received by 8:00 PM Eastern on the due date, your payment does not apply until the next day, and they hit you with a late payment fee. Every other credit card company gives you until 11:59:59 on the due date before it is considered late.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

HSN shopping Network outsources Comenity for their monthly billing. The first year it was ok and then disaster. I noticed my monthly payments were not being credited properly. I have made numerous frustrating phone calls to them for help and it is obvious they are completely clueless and treat the customer with complete disrespect. I have filed a complaints to have them investigated.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had a Children's Place credit card, $250 always paying my fees up in full in less than 30 days. I used it in October for a $5 purchase, I made this purchase late at night but I forgot to pay within 30 days. I get other promo emails from Children's Place but never got my statement. Next time I had to use my card in December. I was over 30 days late. They claim they sent my statement. They never did. I closed the account. Worst experience ever. I will cancel all their cards, I can see other reviews so am not surprised.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Women Within has a pop up approved credit card at the check out that states you get a 10.00 reward. What they do not say is it's NOT on the order you accepted it on. The ONLY reason I accepted was for the discount. I'm furious at both WW and Comenity. It's bait and switch, sneaky and illegal. I did not place my order. Called both companies whom kept switching me back and forth. No one took responsibility for this obvious bait and switch! I'm most disturbed how it'll look on my credit report that I opened an account then closed it. I'm closing the rest of my Comenity accounts. CS does not exist!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I keep getting e-mails regarding application for credit card accounts for Lane Bryant and Crate and Barrel from this bank. When I call to inquire and notify them that I have not applied for an account. They tell me that there is no account using my name or e-mail address. I have been hesitant to give my SSN. I'm concerned that someone may be using my information to open a fraudulent account or this may be a way to get my SSN to use.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

No customer relations at all! Worst experience ever speaking to a company. Unfortunately, they are the representing bank for many top selling stores. I will never use any credit card associated with this bank ever again. I completely agree with another negative review about this bank in that they employ predatory practices. This is not a fair or professional practice as many customers do not deserve such treatment which was the case in my situation. It is very sad for the businesses that they represent as they do not have a rational mindset. I made a Pier 1 purchase with my credit card and paid the balance in full when I received the statement. I paid online and I must have just missed the cut off and it was posted the following day after the due date.

I was then charged a late fee in which I did not pay as I did not open the next month's statement unintentionally; my mother was in the hospital almost the entire next and since I knew I had paid the balance in full, I was not worried. When I received the next month's statement, I saw that I had two late fees. When I called to explain the situation, I was very stunned by the treatment I received. Very degrading and irrational comments by not just one representative, but many. I was finally told from a supervisor that the fees would be dropped. I understood both fees. I received a call today from their collections department advising that I was past due and owed two late fees. I explained what had happened and they would not listen. Extremely rude and disrespectful treatment once again. I could barely even get a word in because the representative would not stop speaking over me.

I am a customer that any credit company/bank would love to have and am constantly receiving offers due to my excellent credit and here I was being totally humiliated by a bank after I had already paid them the full balance on the first statement received! This bank seems to be in the business of extortion! As a result, they have lost a valuable customer to two of the stores they are representing, Pier 1 and New York & Company (to which I have been a loyal customer to for over 25 years!) I will never use their credit cards or any other store being represented by this awful bank.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I opened an account with LOFT store that uses Comenity Bank for their credit card. I had a $250 charge on the card and paid it off a day late and closed the account and was told all was settled. I received a bill for $27 a month later saying there was a late fee being assessed on this account. When I got around to calling them, they said they had assess another $27 late fee on the late fee even though the account was closed and the balance paid. They call this a cascading late fee.

When I called, the account mgr said they would waiver the second late fee but not the first (the second one was system generated on the first). They will keep charging late even on closed accounts. I said I was told it was settled when I paid it off and closed the account. They refused to waive the first late fee even after I spoke to several managers and threaten to file a BBB complaint against them. This bank is terrible. They employ predatory practices. DO NOT USE THEM! Avoid opening any department store credit card that uses Comenity Bank.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

"We are canceling the 2 cards we just issued you because an internal audit found your account to be high risk." I have news for this ** bank and its ** president Ron Olster. My credit score is over 800. I own 2 homes, one free and clear. My credit utilization score is under 5%, & I have never missed a payment. After reading all of the negative reviews on this site, I think you did me a favor Comenity. No wonder the word on the street is that this ** company will be bankrupt by the end of Q1 18! So glad not to being doing business with these **.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I signed up for Victoria Secret Credit card which is Comenity Bank, the bank told me they do have auto withdrawals, explained what I needed to do, I did that. So I did not make a physical payment, got any email saying, "Thank you for payment." Found out they did not offer auto withdrawals so my payment was late and of course late fee. They had already removed a late fee because I signed up in July but did not get card or statement until late September so since it was on them they credited my account.

However I also found out that they only do one fee removal every 18 months. So it appears that they are greedy and they want extra money and that comes in the form of late fees that are still not your fault. That comes from a lie that they told at the beginning and then when you call and explain what happened they become rude, and tell you, more or less that it's your fault for the late fee that you've been paying on for 3 months that I had no knowledge of. That is completely acceptable. So I will play off the account and close the account. I refuse to let them take advantage of me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Apparently, my first payment which was last month, was a day late and it only went toward a late fee and not toward the original balance at all, unbeknownst to me. I am late again, however. I want to pay off the balance, but don't want another sneaky late fee attached to my balance later on that isn't showing up now. I get the feeling that this credit card company is involved in unethical business practices, however legal, and such practices further make me suspicious of credit card companies and of the Boscov's organization itself.

I tried calling about it and talked with woman who spoke very broken English, but instead of hearing my complaint first, she immediately offered me a $100 rebate card from Walmart. We were not really understanding each other, so I hung up with the intent on calling back and speaking to a more understanding person. Redialled but pressed a wrong choice on the menu and the recording was asking if I wanted a psychic reading (?!). I tried calling back several times, but now I get a busy signal every time I call back. Something definitely does not add up here. The credit card was issued by Boscov's through Comenity Bank.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

If there was a negative 1000 that is what I would rate it... like everyone on here. I had an Ulta card issued thru Comenity (which by the way is not even accredited) so maybe that is why they don't want to give you money back on things you did not order. I filed a complaint back in early August of over 188.** for 3 different face creams... I received my 5th card from Ulta (that is how many problems I have had with fraud) and I never even activated it. The next thing I received was a check for 45.** with a notation to not pay any bill as I had a zero balance.

Then I started receiving calls from Comenity and they tell me I owe 219.** for "face cream"... that they spoke to the merchant who said it was an online order and that it was delivered to my home. They got the merchant on the phone... the Ulta "investigator" and I use that term loosely, claimed well I was the dope and I hit a trial period for all of these creams and never cancelled so I got charged. I informed her I was a 61 yr old disabled female and I had no use for face cream... I asked the merchant if he had signature of proof of deliver... he said no, they don't do that... WHAT?

Well I am sorry but I am not stupid enough to make "a mistake" to get 188.** of face cream shipped to me to be left at my door??? I have a Pac N’ Send address for that. It boiled down to I told the merchant fine, if I was go get stuck paying for the face cream then he was going to resend it... he asked for a better address and I gave him the mailing address I have always used for packages which would be Pac N’ Send as there is someone there to actually receive it.

Comenity Bank I called directly and they said they could do nothing because it was Ulta's fault. This is going to end up with a BBB report and going to court... because they have no signature proof that I ever received anything and all they can confirm is my email address and that it was ordered online. To top that off, they told me I had to make minimum payment... so in order to do that I had to activate the stupid card and guess what it said... Welcome Stephanie **... and she had my email address and physical address and stated she was the person to bill... underneath, it said I was the person to ship to... along with someone else I never heard of, a John ** who lives in Woodstock Fl...

To make matters worse, the phone number listed was a cell phone number that I had deactivated in 2012 - but when you call it, it says you are reaching a different number. I am going to file a police report, and report them to BBB and more than likely sue them as I am on disability for PTSD, Anxiety, Bipolar II, and Panic and this going on at Xmas has made my condition worse... and y'all are right I don't know which bank is worse, Comenity or Synchrony who handles PayPal.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Back in June of 2016, I was charged for something that I never agreed to from Overstock, which uses Comenity Bank as the credit card. The last time I actually used the credit card was back in November of 2016. Because of this, it never occurred to me that I need to look at my statements, being that I had not made any purchases. So I was charged 19.95 and then the late fees began stacking up. I happened to notice it in September when I saw on email regarding my account being overdue.

I immediately went online to discover this charge and then all the late charges piling up on top of it. I called Comenity and told them I never made a purchase so they told me to call Overstock because it wasn't their problem. I called Overstock and they corrected the problem on their end... I called Comenity back and told they had to take off the late fees and any other fees that had incurred. They said they would open up a dispute and resolved the situation.

Now it is December and I can see that other than the charge of 19.95 being taken off, nothing else was done and even more late fees have now been incurred. I was just back on the phone with Comenity and the gal I was speaking to was now telling me it was MY FAULT for not looking at my statements. Possibly this is true, but Comenity never really resolved the situation of the late fees that had been falsely incurred and why am I being penalized for having been charged in the first place? I don't get it. Comenity is making money off of falsely incurred late fees? This is completely criminal. NEVER USE COMENITY FOR A CREDIT CARD... If you are doing business with an online company that uses Comenity, opt for using your own credit card that you can trust.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Diamonds International sold me a very inferior blue diamond (3 high pressure sales people) moments before having to get back to our cruise ship in St. Thomas on May 2. I was told I could return in 30 days for refund but it was a lie. I sent ring back May 29 after receiving approval from DI's corporate office only to be told I could only have credit NO REFUND. I reordered jewelry from DI's online store only to get more crappy jewelry! In order to send jewelry back to DI again, they made me sign an agreement.

It’s now December and I’ve been without jewelry ever since May. I tried to dispute with Comenity Bank but they said there was a valid agreement. The dispute dept never contacted me nor did they send me any letters regarding my dispute. I had to sign DIs agreement in order for them to take the jewelry back but Comenity’s dispute department never discussed that with me. I sent Comenity letters and copies of emails of correspondence with DIs corporate office but apparently they simply sided with Diamonds International. My advice to everyone out there: STAY FAR AWAY FROM DIAMONDS INTERNATIONAL AND COMENITY BANK!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a HP computer All in one, I didn't use it for few months and 3 months later I went to use it and Blue screen. All because I forgot the password. I immediately called HSN and told them. They would not honor the warranty or tech support they offered. Comenity told me to call Asurion, Asurion told me to call HP, HP told me to call Asurion. All the time I was calling Comenity trying to dispute, and every payment was late, like everyone else's on here. I finally got them to dispute the item at which time I called. Made a payment Sept 5 and now they are reporting late payment on my credit report for Sept, they are saying I paid HSN, who do I pay. I called the number that was on the credit card bill. I disputed on my credit and they said I was 30 days late, this was time during the dispute on defective merchandise.

I wrote a registered letter to president of the bank and they returned it undeliverable. It was mailed to their office in Texas, now I owe 1048 for something that doesn't work and only cost 699 plus 169 to Asurion for a worthless warranty, Nobody would help and I kept paying. My balance would go up up up, never reflecting the payments with late charges every month, even though I knew I paid on time maybe 1 day late, plus I moved and never received the bills, they are a TOTAL RIPOFF. Now my credit is down 30 points and I am stuck paying 50 a month rest of my life for nothing. I am screwed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This bank has for the second time truly disappointed me in every way possible. They have the nerve to close my case on a dispute of charges of dental work that was never even initiated. According to the supervisor named Lacey ** with no last name, they open accounts through Lending Club Patient Solutions for people and charge thousands of dollars in work that has not been yet done. It is ridiculous that I have to continue to pay another $4,000 of work I'll never even get done just to save my credit. If I could choose 0 stars I would.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I walked into Torrid and was so happy they have one here in my new neighborhood. They offered me a 40% off if I apply for the credit card plus a $20 off coupon that I had. Too good to be true. This credit card company charges a late fee even if you are not late. They are very sneaky and you must watch your statements as they come in. I received my very first statement days after my first payment was due. I was charged a late fee for that as well. I have been charged a late fee every month since even if the payment is on time. I have NOT used the card again and I already shredded it. I will pay it off all at once and I will never get a credit card from this company again. They are sneaky just to get you to pay for a late fee. Forget trying to reach them, they are very rude. I only spoke once to a young gentleman who was nice but I still could not get anything resolved. I am also reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Impossible to interact with this company. We closed our acct due to wrongful charges and lack of credits for returned items. We were improperly changed from paper bills to electronic bills. Even after closing the acct, charged us for 'in process' items and multiple late charges... $20 bill turned into $61 in one month. Called service center, talked to two 'customer service' agent plus finally a 'supervisor', all of whom asked me for ssn, full address, full name and phone number. The 'supervisor' Tyrone (who would not give last name) hung up on us. Called Salt Lake City Comenity Bank and finally was able to close the acct. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE CONNIVING FOOLS.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I got a Loft card and signed up for the paperless statements. They never came. And also I had completely forgotten about the card. I made a store purchase recently and was about to pay off the bill. However, when I tried to sign in for the credit card, it did not work with the email address I had signed up with. I had to create a new sign in to get to my statement. I was shocked to see a huge late fee. Sure, it's my fault not paying the bills, but I did not receive any statements or bills form the bank so I have forgotten about my previous purchase. When I called the bank to inquire about it the bank person (Carl) was very rude to me. He just kept saying that they had sent the bill to the email address provided. Nope. Nothing came from Comenity Bank. I even checked the junk mail. Nothing. Carl said he would forgive one of the late fees if I made the payment right there and he was going to do that from his end! Wow.

And then he tells me that there are other ways of getting the statements, like paper statements. That was not the point of the phone call. The point was that the bank did not send any statements to me and then heaped late charges and finance charges! Do you think I will keep this card? Nope. No thanks to the bank who practices dishonesty and also who is very rude to their customers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I had a Gander Mountain credit card that is through Comenity. The card was unusable since May of 2017. Back in September I borrowed from my 401K to pay off all my credit cards. I ask what I needed to do to pay off the GM card. I made an arrangement with them, but did not realize the payment date was one day past the minimum due date, causing a late fee and generating more down the road after I thought I was done with them. Their argument was I should have known I was paying it off one day after the due date, and the Comenity person I spoke with was not aware and thus I should have known.

I paid off the late fees, which I believe is the result of a greedy company. Oh, and this still does not close the account, they want the customer to call because it will look better on their credit report that they requested to close the account...which was useless going back to May of this year. I still have to check back by December 10th to be sure they really closed the account this time and will not charge me another $27 late fee and ruin my credit further.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I was shopping online at Victoria Secret which I shop a lot at & it says you have been pre approved for a VS card for $300. So I got the card as I'm trying to improve my credit score. I've had the card 2 months. Charged $250 & am late not even a week & they cancelled my card & I was alerted by Credit Karma. Same thing happened with Express. I was online shopping & it said I was pre approved for an Express Next card for $500. Not even a week late & they cancel my account. Again not notified by them but by Credit Karma.

After getting both the VS credit card & Express Next card I was shopping on Forever 21 & it says I was pre approved for the Forever 21 Visa which is a Visa that can be used anywhere for $1000. I get the card in the mail & activate it & go to use it & it won't work so I called & they said my account had been cancelled because my score had dropped but that they would reconsider in 30 days. They said they were sending a letter as to why the account was cancelled. Never received the letter but did receive one saying please activate your card so you can earn points, etc.

So I activate again & card won't work. Call Comenity & they tell me no the card was still cancelled. Then I get a notification that Forever 21/Comenity did a hard pull on my credit. So my credit score has dropped drastically because they cancelled 2 cards for not even being a week late with a payment. I was in the hospital with double pneumonia. Then now they did a hard pull on my credit for Forever 21 Visa lowering my score even more. Do not get any cards from this company. THEY CANCEL CARDS BEFORE THEY EVEN ARRIVE TO YOU & CANCEL THEM FOR NOT EVEN BEING LATE A WEEK. I gladly would have paid late fees. They are making my credit worse!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I recently had the displeasure of getting a late fee because I thought I paid bill in full and for 2 months they did nothing but charge me and on a account where in Sept I was to be reimbursed. They credit me 10 31 17 which confused their system and when I went to pay they said no payment due meanwhile a few days later I'm late. I have never missed a payment in 4 years ever and it's affected my credit.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I have a credit card with Comenity Bank for New York and company store. For the past few years I have always paid my bill on time. I paid my bill late by a few days this month which makes me current now and they tell me I cannot purchase anything until after the next billing cycle which is 30 days from now. What a bunch of crap. Have never had anything like this happen with any other card. I will pay my total balance off and close this account permanently. The worst card I have ever had.

Comenity Company Information

www.comenity.net

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use