1.15/5
Based on 124 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

290 Comenity Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

If I could give it zero I would. I never received my card. By the time I realized and called asking about my card I had received interest and late fee charges. My $30 purchase was now over $120. When I contacted them they offered to resend my card but would not wave the fees. Needless to say I cancelled the card and had to pay an extra 90.00 in fees on a card I never actually received. Besides this shady disregard for customers - Cards hold a very high interest rate, easy to obtain. So tempting but STAY AWAY if you are someone that carries a balance month to month.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Recently I just received notification my Big Lots credit card as well as my Modell's credit card has had the credit limits decreased. When I called them they told me I would receive a letter in the mail and it said that my limit was decreased based on my credit score dropping significantly to 589 on May 18th of this year. I in order to see if it was the truth I check my credit score but my other credit cards and they were absolutely wrong. I do not understand where they got this incorrect information when I was just approved credit card by Chase Bank. I checked my credit score on multiple places and my score was not even where they said it was. It was much much higher now. They want me to prove it and write them a letter. They say I cannot speak with anyone at risk management at Comenity. I am gathering the information and sending what they asked.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This place is a joke. I have several cards with them. I have NEVER missed a payment, they kept raising my limit, only to drop it stating my utilization was too high. So lowering my credit limit will help that how??? It will hurt my credit. No one there will help or explain. Now I get letters that the cards that have zero balance are being canceled??? This place is shady and I plan to fight this.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I had a payment due for April that I paid on 4/19/2018. The May's payment (all payments are the same amount each month) I made another payment on 5/4/2018 for May statement. They put both payments in under April's billing statement and cut off my credit and doubled my payment saying I did not pay for May's bills. We have had words and email and nothing was settled. I am on disability and cannot afford extra payments which they expect $231 due in 5 days. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY.

Original review: June 14, 2018

If you don't have a card with this bank. Never get one. They play gamble with your credit. If your score drops for whatever reason, they drop the available credit on your accounts thus damaging your credit even further. I have had about 5 of their cards for over a year and it is a gamble. They drop the limit on your cards especially the ones that you are using to make it seem as if you have 100% or overutilization and the cards that you're not using, they close them so that they can damage your credit even further.

I truly believe that they are there to hurt you even more. I have never been late on any of their cards, but as a result of them doing this, my score dropped significantly. This should not be done to the average consumer who pay their bills on time and want to have a good credit rating. I have paid off all of my cards and thrown them in the trash. No one should use this bank for any reason. They do not have the best interest of the consumer. This horrible practice should be discontinued.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comenity?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I received an email this morning for the first time EVER telling me my statement was ready to be viewed. I was confused because I haven't used this card since April (which was the first time in about a year that I used it). I checked my account and saw that I had paid my bill in FULL in May (or so I thought). Apparently I was charged a late fee but it wasn't yet added to my account. So, I now have TWO late fees to my account, that I was not made aware of until TODAY. The representative told me I have been mailed and emailed three statements since April. I have not received anything except for the May billing statement that I used to make my payment and the email this morning. I will be canceling my card, because I am not going to continue paying late fees for something I don't even use. I will NOT recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Have had a credit card with Total Rewards for about 5 years. Comenity Bank is the bank in which the payments go to for said credit card. I take pride in making my payments on time and having an 800+ credit score, or I did. On May 1st I made an electronic payment to Comenity for my cc bill, which was due on the 3rd. Checked my checking account, saw that the payment was made. Checked my cc online statement to see what my balance had come down to and noticed that it still said that there was a payment due. Called Comenity and they said they never received my payment. Called my bank and told them, they said they would look into it. The following day I received 3 emails from my bank, the 1st was to tell me they closed the investigation, the 2nd stated that Comenity returned my payment and the 3rd was to tell me that the payment would be redeposited into my checking account.

I called Comenity and spoke with a very rude customer service rep. who assured me that would never happen. I explained to her I had the 3 emails from my bank, she really didn't care what I had to say. So the "wonderful bank Comenity" has contacted TransUnion and Equifax and sent my excellent credit to the bottom of the barrel, by stating I had missed a payment when in fact I made an electronic payment within 3 days. I have another bank that I could do a balance transfer with, so I paid off the balance with Comenity, and I will never do business with again, I have a $145.00 credit that I want deposited into my checking account, that is taking them forever. I should charge them the 19.49% interest they were charging me!!! Horrible Bank, Horrible Customer Service!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have a few store accounts with Comenity. Most of them are at a zero balance. I have had a rough patch the last few months with some personal problems that caused my credit to decrease. I never went over my limit nor did I miss a payment with any of my cards in the year or two that I have had them. Yet, somehow (they say because they check my credit every 30 days and they do this because they need to protect their investment) my credit limits were decreased from 650 to 250 and 250-100. Now, cards that were less than 1/4 used are maxed out and my credit dipped even more! They told me it would continue to do so until they feel that I have become creditworthy again. My problem here is I never missed a payment with them. Not one.

Why in the heck does it matter than that my score dipped. Capital One, nor Discover lowered my credit limit and I actually missed one payment with them once in 3 years. I don’t see my Walmart account availability changing either! When these cards are paid in full I will be closing them all. The ones I keep for “just in case” that are but zero balance, they’re being closed now. I cannot believe this is a legal practice and I cannot believe that this happened to me. Don’t let it happen to you, find a different company or save up to get what you need! Don’t ever open an account with them!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have a CC with Torrid and I have always paid on time until this month. All of a sudden I go to purchase online and it says they lowered my CC to $100.00!!! Why even bother and for what? This is crazy and a disgrace. You best believe I will cancel my card now, they don't deserve my business.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I opened a Home and Garden Showplace Discover card through Alsip Nursery when I bought my patio furniture being told there was 6 months interest free if paid in full. Well I sent a big chunk of money the first month (9/2017). It was sent by e-check through my bank. I sent a payment in 10/2017 that went by electronic debit and I have proof that it cleared my account and was sent to my account number with the company. They are claiming they never received it. However they received my 11/17, 12/17 and two payments in January. It has been over 8 months now of me disputing and sending proof of the funds making it to them. They keep telling me they never received the money and that I would have to send a copy of the check to prove it. Well it went electronically and I provided the electronically transmittal form that shows all of the transaction details and everything and they still continue to deny my dispute.

I have filed with the FDIC, BBB (which they are not even accredited by because they have so many complaints against them). My bank is trying to help me but I feel that I am fighting a losing battle. I have contacted my local news company, I have wrote Alsip to inform them of how ** this bank's service is and how I feel I am a victim of a scam. Either someone is stealing money internally or the money was applied to someone else’s account. I don’t know but my money was delivered to my account number with the company and they will not get another dime from me. Now I don’t know what my next step will be... small claims court, Attorney General's, civil suit. I don’t know but they will NEVER see my business again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Comenity Card for Victoria’s Secret - My credit limit was decreased to 200 with no notice or reason provided. I called customer service, the rep was confused as he could see I had no missed payments which is typically what makes them decrease your credit limit. I was told I should receive a letter in the mail, I checked the mail while on hold and found a letter from them which states my credit limit will remain at 370. I asked the rep how are they showing a credit limit lower that’s in the letter they themselves told me to watch out for. I was told I have to write and mail a letter, no one there can answer that. Right because writing and mailing a letter and having to wait to receive a response is so convenient while they just dumped your credit score. So frustrating, will be reporting to the BBB.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Earlier this year, I hit a financial rough spot and could not pay my creditors for a few months. I expected the collection calls that came in multiple times a day. When I was ready to get my feet back under me, I tried to make arrangements through the Website since I'm hard of hearing, but my needs were ignored and I was given a phone number to call. When I called Comenity's inappropriately named Customer Care, I was told I would need to pay an amount that would be impossible for me to manage to get me up to date. Really, if I had that kind of money lying around, I wouldn't have fallen behind in my bills.

Getting the guy (who mumbled his name like so many of them do) to give me a manageable payment structure was like pulling teeth. He gave me an amount that would "keep me out of collections" and told me to call back in a couple of days to arrange further payments. I don't know what he thought the benefit of this would be since I wouldn't be any more solvent in three days. I called back only to be routed to another agent who told me that the amount I was told to pay would not be sufficient and that I needed to pay an additional amount on BOTH my cards.

By the end of the phone call, I was set up to make two additional payments to bring me current. I was warned that the collection calls might not stop right away but that I would not incur any more late fees. This should have been my first sign that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing there. Lo and behold, I get my next bill and it still says that I'm past due and there's a $38 late fee on BOTH my cards. Let the circus begin. I exchanged several Secure Message Center messages with customer disservice agents which amounted to the late fee being waived on one card and a lot of runaround and canned responses on the other. Clearly no one was actually reading my messages and no one cared that I had clearly been lied to about the late fees.

This has gone on for so long back and forth with Comenity that my next monthly statements have arrived with additional late fees. I'm afraid to even guess what will happen when I've finished my payment plan and am supposed to be back to making regular payments. At this point, I am completely disgusted with Comenity and their useless "Customer Care" team. Along with the intent of closing all my accounts with them as they are paid off, I'll be avoiding retailers who use comenity for their customer credit cards. It's a bad reflection on any company that they do business with Comenity, and it's not worth the stress.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have had two cards from two different retailers from this bank. In late 2017 I paid off one of them only to receive a statement two months later with a mysterious fee plus a late fee since that other fee hadn't been paid. I called explained the issue immediately I was told it was an error and they would get it corrected. It took two months and two more phone calls to get it cleared up. I am still waiting for the letter stating the account is paid in full. In Jan 2018 I called in to verify the balance of the second account to pay it in full, I specifically asked if there were any fees and was told no just pay the balance given. So I logged in to the website and paid the amount given which was the amount on the system, again two month later I start getting statements with late fees on them.

I have made multiple calls, used the online complaint system and have sent notice in writing. Every time I get told there is no record of me contacting them but the fee was there so there is nothing they will do. If this had happened on one account I would have said human error but two accounts and the runaround is just a form of intimidation to get you to pay the fee. This doubling makes me angry since I actually work for a bank and know the Fair Debt laws, they are a prime example of way people believe banks to be evil and only out for people's money. I am so frustrated, reading this review there needs to be a review of their business practices and possible a class action against them. Just think of the number of people they have intimidated into paying their fees in fear of legal action.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I bought some furniture from Z Gallerie in January 2018 and opened Comenity Z Gallerie credit card because of so called deferred interest 12 month promotion. I noticed that I was getting charged 26.99 % interest despite this so called promotion. I believe someone made a mistake at the time of signing up at the Z Gallerie store and didn't get me on the promotion. Despite my calls to Comenity, Z Gallerie refused to honor this so called promotion and I believe this is deceptive practice and misleading promotion. I'll never buy any furniture from Z Gallerie again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have had nothing but issues with this company since I opened my account. I am the first one to admit that I’ve overused it, but they do not give payment reminder emails, do not allow auto pay, etc. When I’ve been a little late (within days) they jack up what I minimally owe from 20$ to between 60-90$. When they call you about payments, I have not been asked if I need help with debt or anything, they just resort to calling from restricted number. I mainly have forgotten payments because they will NOT REMIND YOU like most companies would. I would absolutely AVOID at all costs!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Earlier this year I had a balance transfer issue where the other credit card never posted the transfer. Each day I'd get a response from Comenity that would dispute the one the previous day. I'd get one email or letter saying that it was never cashed. Next day I'd be told it was cashed. I'd ask for the check and they then would say it was never cashed.

Comenity-Carsons really is conducting fraudulent activities. I scheduled online bill pay to arrive 3/27 and paid the account off. They posted payment on the 28th and charged interest and late fees. While trying to resolve with the bank another statement generated with more late fees and interest. Then I came across an email I got from Comenity-Carsons back in March that the payment was received of the full amount on 3/27, the due date. They didn't post it until the next day. I have sent several emails including the email from them saying I did pay on time so the interest and fees should have never been assessed in the first place. They are only agreeing to credit one late fee. This is definitely a scam.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Last summer, I opened an account at Ann Taylor. I was told at the time that I would have no difficulties paying my account online. I repeated asked the question and, asked them to verify with the credit department as I am Canadian and do not have an account at a US bank. I was assured that I would be able to pay my account online from my Canadian bank. This is NOT the case!!! I tried to pay my account immediately in the store and was told I couldn't - as I am Canadian. This should have been my first clue that this was a bad idea. Anyway, I got home. I got my bill a while later in the mail. I mailed them a cheque. The cheque apparently did not get there before the due date so, I was charged a late fee of $31 (I believe). I didn't realize this though as my statements take a LONG time to get to me.

By the time I got my next bill, my payment was late (so, the late payment was late) and they charged me yet again. So, I mailed more money. The same thing happened... Again. A few months later, I now had an accrued balance of over $140 of late fees for an original bill of $150!!! So, I spoke to a manager at their collections department (after being harassed repeatedly by phone calls). They assured me that the account would be closed and that all of the late fees would be reversed. At the time, I had mailed a cheque for yet another payment and told them that since they were nicely reversing the fees, they would no longer need the payment. I was assured that the account would be at a $0.00 balance and therefore they wouldn't try to cash the cheque. Happy customer! Just in case, I put a stop payment on the cheque. Fast forward another couple of months and I am getting repeated phone calls again from Comenity.

I just got off of the phone with one of their representatives. Apparently there is still a balance owing on my account because my last payment was returned. Well of course it was! They weren't supposed to need it because all of the late charges were being reversed. They refuse to let me speak with a manager and then, when I get upset... They hang up on me!!! The unbelievable thing is that this is all over a balance of approximately $31 that is THEIR FAULT!!!! I suppose one good thing is that I am Canadian and, it will be a bit of a pain to keep chasing me but, I have a perfect credit rating with the exception of THIS ACCOUNT!!!! DO NOT IN ANY TERMS AGREE TO BANK WITH THIS INSTITUTION!!!!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I would rate this bank at zero if I could. I made a payment that Comenity-Meijer said it never received. Ok, I understand mistakes happen but... they feel they don’t make mistakes, even when you have a statement from your bank proving transfer of funds. They keep asking me for a copy of the bank check and the bank says Comenity has it because they electronically sent the transaction. My bank has nothing more they can give me and Comenity says it’s not enough. Someone has my money and from the documentation I presented and what others have said I wonder if they have ever looked at their employees... Anyone ever open a class action against them?

Original review: May 1, 2018

This bank will never give you the phone extension or direct phone line or email address so that if you have a complaint record it as otherwise they will ensure you need to retell in detail each and every time you call trying to resolve whatever issue you may have with them. They are specially trained to drive you insane with the same EXACT MO as Zales and Signet Jewelers where you are essentially not ever EVER able to contact the same employee and even if you are tenacious as I am and manage to secure an employee number from them? Any future time one calls and requested to be connected to William employee # ** or Dianne employee # ** or Heather employee # ** or Davian who can’t remember her # you are destined to be drained and exhausted by the process 100% and with as many phone calls as I made to both Zales and Signet and Comenity Bank I can assure you they are all on the same path designed to destruct your very being.

Slow torture as close to waterboarding as most of us will ever get to. Together Zales and Comenity Bank will tell you they have solved all items and removed all derogatory info from your credit report and send you letters confirming their wrongdoing and even apologize profusely but two days later send additionally stating 60 or 90 day late despite being in Dispute status. Awful MO designed to break your very spirit. Awful they continue to screw consumers all the while consumer complaints pile up with one-star reviews. The appraisals are the results of what was supposed to be $10,000 special sales with 30% off SALE which in the end were TOTAL BS SALES where they were selling at value and then backing off on 10% to 20% of the stone size to screw you as hard as they could from all directions possible.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Let my pain and loss keep you from same. Avoid at all costs this company. There is no auto pay and so you will get hit with 29 percent plus fees when you are one day late…with balance transfers they are not using the fed wire system of the last 25 years yet. They use the snail mail system. This means any checks lost are your responsibility and you pay the fees and interest... on money you never received, plus if you do not make your minimum payment on this money you never got... you get 29 percent for life and fees. They are in the dark ages. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I paid the FULL balance displayed on my online bill. Two days after I paid the POSTED FULL BALANCE Comenity Bank adds charges and since I paid my bill IN FULL I didn’t know to check my account for changes this “bank” added to my account. Comenity Bank rep called since my payment was late (it was only the bank charges due) but the rep refused to let me speak to a supervisor to seek resolve so I closed my account. My bill is now $131.00 ACCRUING FINES ONLY AND THIS IS AFTER I PAID MY POSTED BALANCE IN FULL!!

I cancelled the card since they refused to work with me. DO NOT GET ANY CARDS WITH THIS BANK and if you choose to proceed, make sure you check your bill within a week of paying the full balance to ensure they have not added any fees as Comenity Bank rep said I should have checked my account a couple days after I PAID THE POSTED BALANCE IN FULL to ensure they haven’t added any fees. WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT!! I am gladly going viral with this one. P.S. I gave them 1 star only bc you have to rate at least 1 star to post but they clearly don’t deserve the 1 star.

Original review: April 23, 2018

So I open a Hot Topic credit card account for my daughter. Initially they give me a $250 credit limit. I charge around $130 on her due to school clothes and small things like the pop figurines. I very quickly figure out just how ridiculous it is to make a payment on my card. It’s literally impossible because they don’t make it easy. You basically have to mail a check. Or try to use the app which never worked for me either. So because it’s so impossible to make a payment you have to call in. And that takes forever. So difficulty to make a payment is one major reason to stay away from this creditor. And here’s even more. After opening the account with a $250 limit they took it upon themselves to increase the limit. So since it actually helped my score a little bit I thought well ok. But then yesterday I received a letter in the mail that because my credit score had dropped a few points they were reducing the card limit to a $100 limit.

Excuse me. You increase then decrease which btw dropped my credit score another 20 points because they decided to decrease the limit. But what’s more disgusting is that the only reason my credit score dropped was because of several car dealers running it while I was trying to buy a car. Take some advice. Stay away from this creditor. Their customer service is a joke. Their ability to affect your credit by doing things without your permission is also a joke. So although I only owe them a whopping $34 I have decided to permanently close this account and will never do business with this bank ever again. Yes I know it’ll affect my score short-term but if I could show you the damage they have caused it will be better long-term to never deal with a company like this again. Oh and btw only late by a few days and the late fee was $17 more than the minimum payment I was required to make.

I have worked too hard and for too long for a company like Comenity Bank to feel like they have a right to do a customer like this. So I will also never spend another dime in Hot Topic although it’s my daughter's favorite store or will my wife spend another dime in the clothing store she shops at that is owned or affiliated with Hot Topic. So deal with that.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I carry Debt Cancellation Coverage on my credit accounts to cover my balance in case of a medical emergency. I experienced a medical emergency and attempted to file a Debt Cancellation claim only to find out that Comenity Bank had cancelled my coverage with the third party vendor without notifying me. Therefore, I had no coverage when the medical event took place. Conversations with Comenity Bank customer service representatives resulted in their agents yelling at me that Comenity could not cancel the coverage and later that they had every right to cancel the coverage. Needless to say, Comenity Bank has put me in a horrible position that will have long-term negative repercussions on my credit.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I got this card from Victoria's Secret, I schedule a payment for April 17. That payment NEVER credited to my account, even I got an email confirmed about it. My sister used it, she have no problem with it. When I use it, I can’t even pay online by a debit card! This is one of the worst credit card company I had ever use.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've never seen such a terrible website. I'd heard from others what a PIA it is; I should have listened. AllModern and Wayfair should be embarrassed to use this company. Getting onto the Comenity website is unusually difficult, and I've already made one payment that doesn't show as being made (although Comenity did somehow manage to keep my bank account info, which has to be entered before you can make a payment). LOUSY website. I'll be paying off this account ASAP to get away from Comenity, and it certainly changes my mind about shopping easily with AllModern or Wayfair.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Spoke with a live person who said my balance was $386 so I paid in full over the phone and cancelled the card. Told them it was because they were bloodsuckers. Now I get a bill with a late fee and interest $45.88. These people need to be prosecuted. MY SUGGESTION... DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ANY RETAILER THAT DEALS WITH COMENITY BANK! Contact the attorney general's office and consumer affairs!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I started out with straightening my credit out with a secured Discover card. Applied for VS, got approved for $350, they increased it to $450 within 3 months. I now have a HSN with $400, Fingerhut with $600 along with a Mastercard of $1000. These have really helped me get back on track. All you have to do is pay on time. I pay way before my due date because some banks dont release funds quick enough to show a payment. But overall, nothing bad at all.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Absolute worst business ever. Very fee driven and highly unethical practices. Customer service is rude and incompetent. WHEN (not if) you have a problem, your problem will be handled by an incompetent rude employee that obviously hates their job. Take your business elsewhere, trust me and AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: March 20, 2018

STAY AWAY Comenity Bank, because it is the WORST financial institution ever! Stores "promise" that you will have 6 or 12 months "same as cash" if you get their store card, when nothing could be further from the truth! Either the stores haven't researched Comenity Bank enough... or they don't care! Some of the stores that are backed by them are: JTV, Big Lots, David's Bridal, Pier 1, Victoria's Secret, Ann Taylor, Meijer, Abercrombie & Fitch, Crate & Barrel, DSW, Eddie Bauer, Game Stop, Gardner-White Furniture, HSN, Lane Bryant, Marathon, NY & C, Pottery Barn, Value City, Wayfair, Zales, and many more!!! BEWARE!!! Comenity charges fees on top of fees, and no matter HOW much you pay, they will make it EXTREMELY difficult to get the account paid off!

I had this experience with Comenity, through a David's Bridal store, and even though I paid exactly what the bill showed, EVERY month, sometimes even MORE, I was not paid off in 12 months. On top of THAT, they had the nerve to change me to a "revolving" account, from a "promotional" account, without my knowledge, (And charged me an additional $402 for the privilege!). They said that it was because I hadn't paid off the card in the 12 month period. I had tried MANY times to speak with someone about the fact that they were charging me INTEREST, (DURING the 12 months that they weren't supposed to be) and that my balance was not going down, no matter HOW much I paid, and they were not interested. The woman I spoke with, kept saying that she couldn't do anything about it, and when I asked for a supervisor, the supervisor said the same thing.

I continued to make additional payments because I didn't want it to go on my credit, and even after ANOTHER year of paying, the balance was STILL almost as much as the original credit limit! It was like a student loan... I couldn't seem to pay it off! I finally called and asked for a FULL "payoff" date, and since I knew how they were by then, I added a week's worth of extra money in interest, onto the payment, because I knew that the payment would take a few days to reach them, and I didn't want them to say that it wasn't paid off due to the additional charges for the travel time of the mail. They told me that the payoff amount was $833, so I sent $840 just in case. I FINALLY had them paid off, and I have NEVER used that card again.

I would advise anyone who doesn't have a regular credit card, or debit card to use for their purchases, NOT to get ANY store card that is backed by Comenity, because they are POISON! They have also been known to charge people who have a "0" balance, and because you think that you are paid off--you don't bother to check it--and you get screwed! There are also many people who thought that their account was CLOSED, when it never was, and they were still being charged every month as if they still had an open account. I was lucky in the end, because I ended up being able to get rid of them, and their outrageous charges, but others weren't as lucky. Don't get ANY store card, that uses them to back the card--ever!!!

Original review: March 17, 2018

Payments after 8pm are late? Ummm according to what time zone? I have no other credit card or bill that requires me to pay it by 8 p.m., this is unheard of! Don't be fooled. They do this only to charge you a late fee. What CC do you know of that doesn't allow you to set up automated monthly payments? Well the answer is only a piece of crap company who preys on people and DOESN’T WANT THEM TO PAY ON TIME so they can charge another late fee...this is their biggest income source!! I just can't wrap my head around why these companies (Ulta, Vic Secret, HSN, etc) choose the worst CC co. out there? Why would they want any affiliation with scum-of-the-earth?? Really it says a lot about them and how they truly feel about their customers...guess they just don't care. Real customer service doesn't exist with these companies. It comes down to Dollars and that's all that matters to them.

They are complete idiots because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know once you have a dissatisfied angry customer not only will they go out of their way not to shop at your store they will also not use anything affiliated with you and make sure everyone they know. Here's their story because when they feel wrong they are going to let it be known!! If only I could add up the money I have given to all these companies especially having a teenage girl who loves Pink! Never had a single problem with any of the cards and had a perfect pay history for years until I was in an accident. Late last year my spine was nearly severed and it took months to be able to do small task such as brushing my teeth, going to the restroom, call me my hair, etc.

Needless to say Comenity credit cards along with 10 to 15 other ones were the last thing on my mind and even if they were on my mind there's no way I could have picked up a phone or used the mouse to make a payment! After what seemed like an eternity but really 3 to 5 months I was making payments again on all my cards and also started writing letters explaining the situation, requesting adjs for late and trying to clean up the mess. (Keep in mind I didn't go all that time not making payments, I was able to make them when I had someone helping me but depending on when they came to assist with that my stuff could be late.) Anyhow, the responses I received were alarming...

I was disgusted at their lack of compassion, complete disregard that I was a human being and telling them what I had been dealing with, that I want to get my acct cleared up, this is what happened and can they help me clear it up so I can close this chapter and get things back to normal in my life?? Well I think they ALL have one manual they respond from because in a nutshell they all pretty much said "we apologize for your inconvenience but we are only able to credit you one late fee, unfortunately we cannot do anything other than that.” after that all I hear is blah blah blah blah!!! I made phone calls and try talking to people but it was no different, they act as if they are making a decision on whether or not to power the switch for a nuclear bomb or that they are doing rocket science. I'm asking them to credit something that wasn't really theirs to begin with!

Out of all my credit cards, between 10 to 15 of them, I did not have a single problem squaring all of these things away except with the Comenity accounts. And then just to show what amazing people they really are, they lowered the HSN account that I did not owe a dollar on from $2,500 to a $100 credit line. In fact I guess I paid off the account in full but I did it after 8 p.m. so I was assessed a late fee. Well I refuse to pay another late fee because they have a ridiculous made-up cutoff time so now that one late fee has turned into three late fees and they are still so stubborn they refuse to do anything about it. All alone I absolutely will not give them another free $100 for doing nothing but causing chaos in my life!! These people who work there are animals not humans! And shame on Ulta, HSN and Victoria's Secrets for still using this company!

Maybe they operate like that those criminal construction companies who comes in as the lowest bidders and no one else can compete come to find out they're scamming and cheating the whole way through the project and they make their money up in change orders and screwing people over just like Comenity does!! They make their money up screwing over good people like me! They are the best at that!

Comenity Company Information