Disclosures

4.0/5 (111 reviews)

About Chase Freedom Credit Card

Chase Freedom is a great cashback rewards card for rotating bonus categories without an annual fee. Rotating bonus categories earn 5% cash back on combined purchases up to $1,500 each quarter, and everything else earns automatic, unlimited 1% cash back. The Chase Freedom card also gives cardholders access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards Program. Read more Chase credit cards reviews to learn about other Chase credit cards or submit your own.

Pros

• Generous signup bonus offer
  • 5% cash back on select categories
  • No annual fee
  • Unlimited 1% cashback

Cons

• Foreign transaction fees
  • Must opt into rotating categories

Bottom Line

The Chase Freedom card has excellent cashback bonus categories and numerous benefits, including 0% balance transfer rates for 15 months, an attractive signup bonus and secondary car rental insurance, without an annual fee.

Chase Freedom Credit Card Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chase Freedom Credit Card?

Original review: April 8, 2021

They just lock out your card without your approval/notification in the name of security. I got this card for 0% APR for my personal needs and when needed it wasn’t useful and customer care was not reachable at all. Really a waste of time. Not recommend Chase any further.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Chase Bank provided zero service when dealing with a fraudulent charge on a Visa Card. Strongly recommend using a different bank. When called prior to the transaction being completed they said to call back after the charge was posted. I called back and they stated to send the item back. I stated I couldn't do that that they were flowers and were sent to someone and they were not what I ordered and that they were delivered late. They stated there was nothing they could do. I sent a letter per the website. Letter was responded within 24 hours stating the dispute had been resolved even though they did nothing but send me a letter stating the dispute was resolved. Go to a different bank.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Just got my new Chase Freedom credit card, the application was very easy. Chase is offering some fantastic offers to new customers at the moment. Money back up to 5 % cash back for groceries in the first 12 months. The website is easy to use. SO far, very happy with the choice.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I've had a Chase Freedom card for 6 years and it's been a treat. The customer service is excellent. I pay off my bill every month so I don't carry a balance to comment on the interest rates. I really appreciate the discount programs and point warning programs.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I love my Chase Freedom card. I have access to offers that give me money back and it's has credit monitoring feature which I am pleased with as well.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

We have a small business in Northern CA. We use(d) our Chase Freedom Card to fund inventory purchases. After 4 major fires (two required evacuation), Covid, and a virtual monsoon in 2019, Chase decided, in the words of their representative, to be "understanding and helpful" by closing the account for late payments. Incredible. I was encouraged to reapply for another card though. Not again, not ever. If anyone is even considering a Chase account for any reason, we highly encourage you to rethink it. This is a soulless conglomerate and the very epitome of big business gone bad. STAY AWAY!

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have had my Chase Freedom card for approximately 14 years. I love it, and I have recently received the chase freedom unlimited which offers a bit more back in rewards on purchases. I love them both, and I can only think of one time in 14 years that I had an experience with customer service that I did not like, but nothing that made me want to part with my card.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Do yourself a favor and avoid Chase bank, stay away!! They have increased APR when other banks lowered or stopped charging interest charge for 30-90 days due to covid 19 nightmare we are into. I'm paying off my card and close all chase bank accounts. I highly recommend do not ever apply or use any chase cards.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I reported an usual charge and card was canceled without consent. I have been forced to take leave due to lack of mobility options due to not having a credit card to use and unable to pay for goods. No alternative was offered or given while waiting for a new card. I am still waiting to hear from a supervisor from the company.

Chase Freedom Credit Card Company Information