2. Shopping
  3. Makeup Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Nu Skin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nu Skin?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nu Skin?

Original review: July 13, 2020

Purchased Lumispa on 5.29, used it about 3 weeks and it broke on a reason I have no clue on. There's no way I can get this repair but only through Nu Skin, so I contact nu skin for a repair and they request to send the broken lumispa for replacement. Waited a month. Haven't heard anything from them so I contact them and they told me they are out of stock and will ship on July 8. It's July 13 and haven't heard any further news on it and I contacted them again and they are saying they do not know when it will be shipped.. I request for a refund and they said that's not possible. What the ** is this company? They don't even have a repair tech in the company? What kind of business model are you guys providing for the people who are doing business with you guys and selling your products to the consumers. They will be a scammer working with this company. This company is a joke.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I have placed order back in June 15, $300 was charged full price, then didn't get all what I paid for today we are in July and I still don't have lumi I ordered, numerous phone calls, it was supposed to shop 06/30 was told they had to place new order and they are on back order now till 06/30....No confirmation, called back again, it wasn't reordered when I called the first time, they place the order and added expedite, still was told it will ship 06/30...Nope no confirmation, called back again, now I am told they are out of them, and they have no idea when it will be available, many people I know having the same issues, getting different items, not what they ordered, have to ship them back!

I love the products but this company needs to get things fixed! And yes I am talking about NU SKIN located in Utah, USA....So everyone here I can tell they are talking about NU SKIN not the other company someone mentioned!!! I am rep for this company but stepping down, because of this! I won't share with others, not worth the stress!

Get buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This company has absolutely changed my life! Not only do I feel like I have more energy and stamina than I ever have since taking their nutritionals, my skin and hair has NEVER looked and felt better. Their products are backed by years of research and science. They have 75+ scientists on staff at all times and their products set the bar high. Everything goes through a strict 6-step process to make sure it is pure, clean, and safe. Their customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced and their headquarters is right here in the USA. I am so thankful that I came across this company 2.5 years ago! Thank you, Nu Skin!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

First time heard a company send me the double order I thought was I accidentally click twice so I receiving two same order cause I order the mask so didn’t bother to check or return. Even I order double I’ll finish it. A week later Nu Skin call me. Said they sent me the double order. Ask me to return it back which I don’t as long as they charged twice so I asked for return label and let carrier to pick up the order. But they told me I have to bring it to Fedex to drop it off. Makes me feel like I’m the one who made mistakes of this order. He Told me Keep the two mist as gift. I told them no. I’m not asking for benefit but I’m not happy with a company making the mistake and ask for customers to recover it cause I have no fault on it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The same day that I ordered this company's free trial offer for just pay shipping to try their product. I called and cancelled. However, I didn't get a cancellation number and I am not sure it would of mattered. Their site says accredited with many consumer organizations such as the BBB, they're not. I didn't receive their skin cream and eye serum and a week later before trial period was up, They deducted $79 and $71 out of my account.

I called them to dispute this and was told that they would refund me 25%, which was $14 and $12. Their site says 100% money back guarantee. This is a SCAM! And honestly, I am concerned about what truly is in their product. I am still trying to get a cancellation #. And although, I cancelled my bank card, because I authorized this transaction, they will be able to continue to charge me until I have proof of cancellation.

My account went negative and my house payment was returned. My husband is a Vet and was sent home from hospital on oxygen. I don't know what I can do except close my bank account that we have had for 18 yrs. My bank has filed a dispute and in 10 days they will put the charges back, but unless the dispute is in my favor, they could reverse the credit given. This company is misleading. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I have been using products from Nu Skin enterprises for a while now and I have seen amazing results. My opinion of Nu Skin before was skeptical because I had heard negative feedback. I have had fantastic results both for my skin and my hair. I haven’t had any allergic reactions like I typically have had with other products. I highly recommend Nu Skin for people to try it out.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Beware. Don’t be fooled - you go to a very fancy place to watch videos on how to onsell the products to your family, friends and colleagues. Then you have to purchase Nu Skin products and try to flog them off. Very hard when they are overpriced and you can get similar products at a more reasonable price. THEN when you realise you are stuck with their products you have to tell your friend how good it is in the home they will buy something. They give you the odd free product to keep you interested. Not worth losing friends to support a few rich fat cats at the pointy end of the pyramid. Just like Amway. A con.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I am seeing all these reviews. It just makes your face shiny and tight.. BUT so can washing your body with soap and water. You can choose to be fooled about Nu Skin products, or you can fall victim to their ridiculous useless products. Totally up to you. Use your common sense.

Original review: June 14, 2019

When I found out the toothpaste was over $26 with shipping I asked for my order to be canceled. The company ignored my request. They sent product anyway. I returned product immediately without opening. The company credited my card, but took off for shipping even though I canceled order the same day. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I discovered Nu Skin ageLOC while visiting my cousin in France. His wife has been a distributor for many years. I commented that both he and his wife looked much younger than me. I have always looked young for my age, but now my cousin, who is only 6 months younger than I am, looked a lot younger than me. I asked them how they looked so young. They explained about Nu Skin ageLOC. She then did a demonstration on half my face one evening, and I was totally shocked at the results. I had her do the worst side, and could see the results within 5 minutes. The clown line and bags under my eye plumped up and became much less noticeable. I bought the tool right then, got registered, and went to the website to buy the products. I found the products were a lot less expensive on Amazon than on the website, so I ordered it from Amazon so it would be at my house when I get home.

Nu Skin author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1984 in Provo, Utah, Nu Skin is an international personal care and dietary supplement company. Its products are sold by over 1.2 million independent distributors in 54 markets. The name Nu Skin highlights the company’s commitment to products that reduce the effects of aging on physical appearance.

• Foundation options: Nu Skin offers liquid and powder finish foundation and tinted moisturizer in several skin tones. These products are designed to be part of an anti-aging skin care routine and include ingredients designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

• Color cosmetics: Nu Skin offers a range of lipsticks, glosses, blush and eyeshadows to enhance your natural beauty and add a bit of color. Many of these include anti-aging ingredients and skin benefits.

• Face care and treatments: Nu Skin offers a whole line of facial products including creams, serums, masks, oils and more designed to enhance facial appearance and reduce signs of aging.

• Makeup accessories: Nu Skin offers makeup accessories such as brushes, compacts, mirrors and sponges to hold and apply your Nu Skin makeup products.

• Introductory packages: Customers who want to try more than one product at a time can benefit from the introductory packages, which combine popular products in themed packages such as anti-aging, weight loss, facial spa and more.

• Pharmanex brand supplements: Nu Skin offers a large selection of vitamins and supplements meant to reduce the signs of aging. These include supplements designed to protect against cellular damage, ensure mood support, assist weight loss, increase energy and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nu Skin questions and answers

What problem is Nu Skin trying to solve?
      Our mission is to be a force for good throughout the world by empowering people to improve lives with rewarding business opportunities, innovative products, and an enriching, uplifting culture.
      What sets Nu Skin apart from the competition?
      Founded in 1984, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., is a direct selling company that distributes more than 200 premium-quality anti-aging products in both the personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin operates in 53 international markets globally. The company’s global operations generated more than $2.57 billion in revenue during 2014. In 2014, the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation and our charitable partners contributed nearly $5.8 million to improve the lives of children throughout the world. Since 2002, Nu Skin distributors and employees have donated more than 400 million meals through its Nourish the Children® initiative to hungry and malnourished children around the world.
      What needs does Nu Skin fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Nu Skin sells more than 200 products in the anti-aging, personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin key products feature the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system, ageLOC®, Facial Spa, Tru Face® Essence Ultra and the Epoch® line of ethnobotanical products. Pharmanex flagship products include ageLOC® R2, ageLOC TR90, LifePak® Nano, g3™ nutritional beverage and Tegreen 97®. The company employs scientists who regularly collaborate with world-class experts on the Nu Skin Anti-Aging Scientific Advisory Board. Nu Skin distributors demonstrate the difference of its products through a proprietary 6S Quality Process, clinical trials, product demonstrations and state-of-the-art tools such as the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner.
      How does Nu Skin measure success?
      Innovation is what fuels Nu Skin’s success and drives our business by leveraging the company’s investment in research and development and new technologies. The ability to continuously innovate is supported by a solid management team that partners with our sales force in developing advanced anti-aging products and an attractive business opportunity.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Nu Skin?
      Our vision is to become the world’s leading direct selling company by generating more income for sales leaders than any other company.
      Has Nu Skin received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Nu Skin is included among the top five mid-cap companies on Forbes.com’s annual list of the “100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” Nu Skin had an accounting and governance risk (AGR) score of 96 out of 100 and has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1986 and has an A+ rating, the highest available. Nu Skin is a dedicated member and advocate of the DSA and abides by the association’s code of ethics.The company is also a member of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), Nu Skin collaborates with other direct selling companies to improve the overall industry. Nu Skin President and CEO Truman Hunt is the previous chairman of the WFDSA (2005- 2008).
      How has Nu Skin grown or evolved?
      Blake Roney, Sandie Tillotson and Steve Lund decided to build a company that would combine innovative personal care products with ingredients that subscribed to the philosophy of "all of the good, none of the bad" and a generous business opportunity that would attract high-caliber salespeople. It didn't take long for people to discover the difference of Nu Skin's unique business opportunity and one-of-a-kind products. In fact, the first product order was so popular that it was gone in a matter of hours. People loved the products so much that many even brought their own bottles and jars for the founders to fill with the unique formulas using an ordinary spoon.

Since that time, Nu Skin has demonstrated a distinctively different approach to business. It began with an innovative concept of premium quality products and a uniquely compelling global business opportunity. Combined with the immovable commitment of the distributor leaders, this exceptional business model has shaped the company into a more than one billion dollar enterprise that still remains true to its core values. Today, Nu Skin is differentiated by its ability to demonstrate that they truly have the best people, product, culture and opportunity in the direct sales, skin care and wellness industries. As the premier anti-aging company, Nu Skin sets the standard.

Nu Skin Company Information