3.53/5
Based on 58 reviews that contain star ratings

59 Nu Skin Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been using various products from Nu Skin for the past 2 years and I have seen amazing results. Their famous whitening toothpaste not only whitened my teeth but also made them strong and my gums stopped bleeding. The ageLOC skincare products have brought my skin back the life. And their Pharmanex supplements keep me healthy. I was skeptical in the beginning because when I started using the products I was raw vegan and had very sensitive skin. But when I tried their skincare I was really surprised how I didn’t get an allergic reaction on my face and was shocked in a positive way that my gums stopped bleeding and my teeth were getting stronger and less sensitive. I now buy Nu Skin products for my parents and my friends and will continue enjoying the products in the future. Highly recommend to everyone to try the products.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I've been using Nu Skin products for over 5 years now and I love it especially the anti aging products and the Pharmanex supplements. Highly recommended. The Supplements is amazing. I’ve been using it and also all my family. It helps us so much with our health. I can recommend to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Makeup Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I’m a beauty skin therapist and a makeup artist with my own business for nearly 27 years. I have never seen such good results in younger looking skin for myself and my clients. My clients are so happy and I have many before and after photos showing incredible results. Younger, healthier, less wrinkles and pigmentation is reduced using the ageloc science. I feel truly blessed that I met the girl who introduced me and tried the products. Just over 2 years now it’s the best decision I ever made to buy the Galvanic facial spa. Understanding this patented technology and seeing the results, I would never use anything else. Great prices, great customer service and my clients happy and getting younger looking. Not only that I look younger too and my friends think I work magic. It’s not me. It’s the products. As far as I’m concerned you can’t beat it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

These products never cease to amaze me. I love them all. The toothpaste, the mud mask, chemical peel and spas especially the amazing Lumi spa. So easy to use and so quick to take off a full face of makeup - has made such a difference to my skin. I couldn’t imagine life without it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My galvanic spa just quit working. It's not worth... I got it for more than $400. I called customer service. They said I need to buy a new one. Wow... The life span is so short. I asked for possible repair but none.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nu Skin?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

A "friend" asked me to try this new machine she was marketing to doctors' offices. Then she told me which supplements I needed to take for deficiencies the machine had uncovered. She said that I could try these supplements for 30 days and if I wasn't pleased with the results, I would receive a full refund. The approximate price was $230. She took my debit card number down, not giving me a receipt. The next day, my bank account was debited for $476.86! I called my friend and told her to cancel the order. She said the supplements had already shipped, and that when the shipment is returned, I would receive a full refund. I never received a tracking number, so I left a note for FEDEX to refuse the delivery.

The following week, I texted my friend 3 days in a row asking about the refund. She never answered a single one. Finally, on Friday of the following week, a refund of $432.96 was posted to my account. Why wasn't I refunded the additional $43.90? I have contacted my bank and told them to block Nu Skin from making any transactions and to charge the back for the additional $43.90. If any approaches you regarding this company, PHARMANEX, RUN AWAY! They are running a TOTAL SCAM.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I LOVE these products (Skin facial scrub and 2 step peel pads). I saw results from the very first use. After 3 days people at work were noticing that my face/skin looked younger and brighter without my telling them I was doing something new.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I bought a LumiSpa for 2 months, it has some problems. I called them for help, but they told me they can't help me, because that was my responsibility, not theirs! They let me buy a new one! It cost 200 CAD, and when it has some problems, you can't get a good service! What a suck company it is!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Many (many!) of the reviews on this page are not at all relating to Nu Skin, they are referring to SkinNu (a scam company). Nu Skin does not offer trial periods, they do not steal money, they do not send unnecessary products, and they do not send packages without contact information or packing slips. They are a legitimate company with wonderful and effective products. Every experience is highly positive and they have live customer service agents willing to help in almost any unsatisfactory situation. Always, always do your research before deciding to send money to an ad/endorsement on a television.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have had great results with each and every product, made a great amount of income with the business opportunity, and helped thousands of others do so as well. FOR FREE. Best products, best opportunity and best lifestyle choice anyone could make.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

As a customer and distributor of Nu Skin products I can tell you that the negative reviews describing 14 day trials and hidden charges are not talking about Nu Skin. There seems to be a scam that people are unfortunately falling victim to. Nu Skin is an amazing company that sells equally amazing products! I started off using the whitening toothpaste and then wound up distributing as well, because I believe in the product that much.

Don't let these reviews that were falsely categorized under Nu Skin hinder your opinion of them. There are NEVER any recurring charges and Nu Skin doesn't offer trial periods for anything. Furthermore, the products they describe are not products sold by Nu Skin. Nu Skin is very careful to always be completely honest with their customers and distributors. I LOVE working with this company and I LOVE the products they sell. Don't believe everything you read without doing your research first!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Clearly people are confused on the products. I mean Christie Brinkley was the spokesperson for it, until she decided to branch into her "own" skincare line. These products will amaze anyone and make your skin soft and smooth and new feeling.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I just figured out what's going on here. Some people got scammed not by Nuskin but by Skin Nu from china. Just like a few years ago when I thought I got cheap iPhone, it was fake. The bite on the apple was on the wrong side. Now people are getting confused by similar thing but this time w/ Nuskin. I had stage 4A oral cancer that cause me to lose my tongue and I made it through all the challenges of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on Nuskin multiple supplement lines and celltrex CoQ10.

I still got pictures of my "crispy" neck (the part that was taped up) and my face and chin that was completely protected by celltrex CoQ10, enhancer and TriPhasic white day lotion. If I had listened to my oncologist, my face would be as black and crispy as my neck that was taped up. So watch out people for those Chinese imitators. They make everything look almost exactly the same except for when you compare it to the real deal, you can see the slight difference in packaging. If it's imitation, you can be sure that it's crappy products.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Anyone who knows absolutely anything about NuSkin will realize that several of these reviewers clearly have NuSkin confused with something else. Look at all of the reviews that say the same thing. If you don't believe me, go to the NuSkin website and try to find these products that were supposedly on Shark Tank. They won't be there. I am a former home distributor for the company, but now I am just a customer and only use the products. I've been a customer for five years. This company operates through distributors, and I've never known them to charge for a free sample if they even have a free sample. Then it wouldn't be free would it? Plus, many of their products, if ordered and used according to their guidelines, come with a money-back guarantee.

Just look at my before and after pictures from using the galvanic spa and a few lotions for just 2 1/2 months 2 to 3 times a week. I totally look like I had a facelift. I just think it's unfortunate that people are so uneducated that they can't even get the name of a company right. There are several companies with names that are similar. I would just say if you are reading this, please meet with the distributor or go through the website thoroughly, because clueless people are damaging the reputation of this company. All I know is that my experience with these products has been nothing short of amazing, and I've used them for over five years. They typically bend over backward at customer service to fix any errors, or accommodate unhappy customers. It pains me to see a company's reputation tarnished by uneducated people.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I has been using the products and signed up for Free as a Distributor since May 2013. I was in the success trip Maui. When reading some of your comments I WAS SHOCK. WITH THE INTERNET. Now why you do not call the company direct or ask the distributor whom referral you to them??? You must being buying from the wrong companies. Nu Skin do not have sample products. You have 30-90 days money back guaranteed with 100% cash back also 1 year refund of unopen products with 90 cash back. You need to call Nu Skin 1-800-487-1000. There are a lot of fake products said with NU SKIN name on it that why you guys buy at the wrong places or wrong person. If you need help contact me anytime.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

As a consumer of these products I'm at a loss as to these negative reviews. Many of them don't even make sense talking about things I have never seen the company do. E.g. Free Trial??? They do however offer a 60 and 90 day money back guarantee of which I've never had to use because the products work. My experience has been nothing but positive, their products are amazing and the best that I've ever used. The company and staff are always helpful when I have questions. I also love their rewards program because I get to save up points to purchase products with them. It's the best subscription I've ever had because of its flexibility and rewards.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was a reluctant started with the Nu Skin products. Because my skin had always been so allergic I did not have a skin care regimen. I used the Galvanic Spa twice weekly and Elements skin care system day and night and within 6 weeks people were accusing me of having a face lift. Absolutely incredible results. My skin is now dewy soft and wrinkle free. My double chin has all but disappeared and I have heaps more confidence. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nu Skin. Definitely recommend it to anyone with skin issues and 100% guaranteed by the company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

The Nu Skin Clear Action range for acne is amazing. Within two days of using this product, I noticed an improvement in my skin. Having been a cystic acne sufferer all my adult life, and I'm 51 now, I have tried everything, including Roaccutane, dermabrasion, the pill and I've even had cartilage taken from behind my ears to fill in my acne scars/pitting. Having used the Nu Skin products for 9 months, I am sold on their products. I also take Y-Span, which helps you age younger, from the inside, as well as using the Galvanic Spa, which has dramatically changed the surface of my skin. My skin is glowing now and it is so smooth. It's lovely when total strangers comment about my lovely skin, knowing what I have been through! No more acne spots for me. Thank you Nu Skin!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I'm having trouble understanding all the negative reviews on this site. It appears that a number of people were not introduced to the products properly, or shown how to use them correctly. My experience is completely different - having had an in-home demonstration of the Galvanic Spa and the ageLOC skin care, I could immediately experience an improvement in my skin tone and texture. I could ask as many questions as I liked from my helpful distributor, who recommended these and some internal products for my particular health and aging concerns.

Although I have only been using the products for three months, the difference in my skin and overall well-being is noticeable, not only to myself, but to friends and acquaintances who have remarked on my "glow" and vitality. I am impressed by the science behind these products and the ethics of the company as a whole. Their Nourish the Children program is exemplary and we would be living in a much kinder world if all large companies made a similar commitment to assist the less fortunate. I cannot recommend the products highly enough for anyone looking to age young and stay vital.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I just want people who come here to review the bad Nu Skin ratings to know that the products they're talking about are NOT Nu Skin. Nu Skin does NOT have 15 day trials of ANYTHING at all and if they were these people would be sent a product return # and form and money put back in bank. I've been with the company over 5 years and not once ever heard of anything like this for me or my hundreds of customers! They would never charge without permission and before you get off the phone you are given a reference # and also an email so you can give customer feedback if you choose. Do NOT believe the people who are writing these complaints. There is no 15 day trial of anything!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I am a walking EXAMPLE! LOOK 15 yrs younger. Real PROVEN science on products. Forerunners in epigenetics and anti-aging. Ck out Ageloc ME. AMAZING! Also facial spa, transformation system... wrinkles, pore size reduced. Elasticity, firmness, lightness of skin, luxurious feel and marked IMMEDIATE RESULTS!! LOVE IT. Has products that work 4 every budget.

Original review: June 2, 2016

Yes, that's right. It is not charity, it is something that makes money. The scam part? Yes, I do not like that they charge when you did not order the full product. That's not a good way to sell products. So they had a problem with the way they sell. As for the products? I've been using R2 for one year now. My fungus on my toe is completely gone. Yup. I had medications taken, cream used, all useless. Now I'm treating my vaginal infection after my antibiotic treatment. It's helping me to take out the toxins (antibiotic) in my body. (I sweated for three days.) Also taking LifePak plus the probiotics. Without Nu Skin, I don't know what I'd do. I am not part of this business, but those who have succeeded, or the friend who helped me this far, I truly see a positive vibe from them. "Black or white, your pick. Any comment is a judgment, and only God can judge us."

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I started taking Nu Skin's anti aging supplement Vitality 4 years ago, then using the Galvanic Spa. This led to trying many other products, and I have been so pleased with every single one, from toothpaste to nutritional supplements. Vitality has given me my life back, and I am looking forward to trying Youth next month. I love the automatic delivery rewards program - I can change the content every month if I want, and I get points to spend on other products, so I can try a lot of their 300+ products for free. (The newest products, like the essential oils, can't be purchased with points yet.)

I am confused to hear of a sample offer, as Nu Skin does not offer samples. I imagine this is the effort of an unscrupulous distributor. Over 60% of Nu Skin users are simply product users. Yes, it is a MLM, but there's nothing wrong with that. I started selling recently, and have had nothing but good experiences. I suspect that most if not all of the complaints come from people dealing with unethical distributors, because I don't even recognize the company they're describing.

Nu Skin has a 30 day return policy with 100% money back. If the product doesn't work, or even if you just don't like it - no problem! And yes, I have had 2 customers use this with no trouble. Additionally, distributors can return unopened product for a full year for a 90% cash refund. As far as I know, they are also the only MLM that requires NO money to start - you do not have to buy a business builder package or anything else. Well, you do need to buy a $25 business builder guide, but that is free if you place a small order- I think $25?, and it is full of information you need. They are working on becoming the MLM company that pays the best, and I have been very pleased. Additionally, the people I've met through this have been wonderful. It's too bad, but it sounds like there are some unethical sellers out there giving a black eye to this very reputable company. Check out Forbes' and Fortune's take on Nu Skin for a more accurate depiction!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

I loved Nu Skin products. I don't get how can it get these negative comments. All the products I tried worked terrific for me, my fiance and my mom. Galvanic Spa for all face and the ironing thing is awesome. For me being 26, I got rid of all black spots and blemishes. My mom stopped doing Botox after starting using machine plus serum... My fiance ironed his wrinkles and it does work. I would recommend it to all my friends... Was googling more about the Nu Skin hair care and came across the negative comments, thought I should write good one... Cause it is honestly worth every dollar spent! I'm a user, not distributor...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

So I was reading the comments of everyone. My biggest advice is to buy from distributor, we are trained to work with this company. If you are regular client, avoid ADR!! You don't need it! I know it's cheaper and it is hard to cancel it because they want to make money as everyone else in the world. Well our head office is in Europe so they are very nice and helpful.

It must be a joke for people to believe that the spa going to get rid of all the wrinkles - not even single product works like that, only a plastic operation that will cost you 5 times more! The products are effective. I use whitening tooth paste and it work, of course I don't have snow white teeth because I would need to spend 500 euro on dental whitening in the dentist and I would end up with sensitive teeth. I am heavy smoker, wine lover and I have bile reflux so my teeth are always getting dull but this tooth paste returns it to my natural bone color and I'm happy. My advice would be Stay away from ADR, DO NOT PRESS "Add to ADR CART ". Order from Distributor! Or ask her ID and order online with her help. This company is getting bad reviews only because 1. We don't know how to use it. 2. We over expect the result that would cost 5times more! Go to Avon then!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

I had been a customer to use Nu Skin products for more than 20 years already. By reading the review, so many people complained about ADR program, I am very surprised how is a good program to somebody but turn out to be a bad stuff to accuse the company!! The ADR program can allow you to have 20 to 30% as incentive points. I was very happy when I got so many free products by using the points. And the ADR program can allow you to overwrite the contents as long as you can call in advance before the shipping date. So, if you think you are the victim of this program, please carefully read through the policy.

I also caught one complaint incidence that was totally wrong accuse. The accuser complained the Youth package was not working. I would like to ask where did she buy it. Nu Skin did not sell it in public yet. The Youth package will be pre-launched on Nov. 12 but the lady complained it in August. I believe some of distributors might have immature business practice which is normal like many new employees often have mistake to serve people. Nu Skin did have fast growing in the past years. Many new distributors need to quickly catch up to meet customer needs. Please allow them to be mature. Thanks for your patience and consideration!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

I have started using the TR90 after I gave birth. I took the ingredients fact to my doctor because I was breastfeeding and she said it was all good. I lost 25 lbs with only a 30 days program. Didn't do exercise, didn't change my diet. No sacrifice. I liked better the chocolate flavor. I love it because I used to be very bad with diets. Now I weigh less than when I was in my 25s. Jeans are big.

Then I start using more products. Vitality keep me up all day with a year old daughter. Facial Spa nourish my skin like nothing before and the true face pearls firm the skin with only using it twice a week. I also love the hair mask conditioning, use once a week and hair looks healthy and smooth all week. Beside the products, I love the company and its values. They promote happiness and dreams.

For all those who don't understand network marketing, I invite them to Nu Skin conventions. You will find a better way of living. No just money. For those who see a pyramid scam, I invite them to see the compensation plan and the amazing science behind these great products and company. Search for the report in Discovery Channel as ageLOC science. Many people had no idea what they are writing. This company changed many people lives for good. Search also Nourish the Children. Which is one way of how Nu Skin contributes to society. Don't let haters who fail to themselves tell you what you should do or believe.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

The Nu Skin website is not consumer nor distributor friendly. It gives the false impression about adr and it is made this way that customers fall into trap without being able to correct. Customer service is very polite but useless. They will tell you that they'll take care of the problem but actually they don't. Consequently, I have to pay more.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I don't know why everyone is complaining about NU SKIN. I have been doing business with them for over 20 years and I have never ever had any problems getting my product automatically or ordering product one time. If they ever make a mistake they gladly correct it with no questions asked. Nu SKIN cannot be held liable for what their "representatives say" but I have used all their products and have been completely satisfied and if I was not satisfied I will not buy the product. Yes they sell their product like Mary Kay, Herbalife, Amway, and Avon. Direct selling. I am a customer of the product and I get a discount for signing up as a distributor. I don't call all my friends and sign them up unless they want the product. Then I can sign them up as a customer. This company has great products and I love how they research everything they sell.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Purchased several products and each delivered what was promised. My experience was ranging from Transform in 90 days (TR90 weight management) which, following the directions closely, reset my metabolism; to the Face Spa - an FDA classified medical device used in conjunction with their Ageloc products, has changed my skin texture, pore size, reduced lines, unified my skin color, and quite frankly the benefits compound over time, helping me look younger; to the Ageloc Vitality, which re-sets daily my energy, athletic performance and mental acuity. Any questions or concerns have been handled in a very professional manner through their customer service department and they were more than fair when I wanted to return something that I didn't mean to order.

Nu Skin expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1984 in Provo, Utah, Nu Skin is an international personal care and dietary supplement company. Its products are sold by over 1.2 million independent distributors in 54 markets. The name Nu Skin highlights the company’s commitment to products that reduce the effects of aging on physical appearance.

• Foundation options: Nu Skin offers liquid and powder finish foundation and tinted moisturizer in several skin tones. These products are designed to be part of an anti-aging skin care routine and include ingredients designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

• Color cosmetics: Nu Skin offers a range of lipsticks, glosses, blush and eyeshadows to enhance your natural beauty and add a bit of color. Many of these include anti-aging ingredients and skin benefits.

• Face care and treatments: Nu Skin offers a whole line of facial products including creams, serums, masks, oils and more designed to enhance facial appearance and reduce signs of aging.

• Makeup accessories: Nu Skin offers makeup accessories such as brushes, compacts, mirrors and sponges to hold and apply your Nu Skin makeup products.

• Introductory packages: Customers who want to try more than one product at a time can benefit from the introductory packages, which combine popular products in themed packages such as anti-aging, weight loss, facial spa and more.

• Pharmanex brand supplements: Nu Skin offers a large selection of vitamins and supplements meant to reduce the signs of aging. These include supplements designed to protect against cellular damage, ensure mood support, assist weight loss, increase energy and more.

• Best for: those interested in anti-aging health care products and supplements.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Nu Skin questions and answers

What problem is Nu Skin trying to solve?
Our mission is to be a force for good throughout the world by empowering people to improve lives with rewarding business opportunities, innovative products, and an enriching, uplifting culture.
What sets Nu Skin apart from the competition?
Founded in 1984, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., is a direct selling company that distributes more than 200 premium-quality anti-aging products in both the personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin operates in 53 international markets globally. The company’s global operations generated more than $2.57 billion in revenue during 2014. In 2014, the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation and our charitable partners contributed nearly $5.8 million to improve the lives of children throughout the world. Since 2002, Nu Skin distributors and employees have donated more than 400 million meals through its Nourish the Children® initiative to hungry and malnourished children around the world.
What needs does Nu Skin fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Nu Skin sells more than 200 products in the anti-aging, personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin key products feature the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system, ageLOC®, Facial Spa, Tru Face® Essence Ultra and the Epoch® line of ethnobotanical products. Pharmanex flagship products include ageLOC® R2, ageLOC TR90, LifePak® Nano, g3™ nutritional beverage and Tegreen 97®. The company employs scientists who regularly collaborate with world-class experts on the Nu Skin Anti-Aging Scientific Advisory Board. Nu Skin distributors demonstrate the difference of its products through a proprietary 6S Quality Process, clinical trials, product demonstrations and state-of-the-art tools such as the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner.
How does Nu Skin measure success?
Innovation is what fuels Nu Skin’s success and drives our business by leveraging the company’s investment in research and development and new technologies. The ability to continuously innovate is supported by a solid management team that partners with our sales force in developing advanced anti-aging products and an attractive business opportunity.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Nu Skin?
Our vision is to become the world’s leading direct selling company by generating more income for sales leaders than any other company.
Has Nu Skin received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Nu Skin is included among the top five mid-cap companies on Forbes.com’s annual list of the “100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” Nu Skin had an accounting and governance risk (AGR) score of 96 out of 100 and has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1986 and has an A+ rating, the highest available. Nu Skin is a dedicated member and advocate of the DSA and abides by the association’s code of ethics.The company is also a member of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), Nu Skin collaborates with other direct selling companies to improve the overall industry. Nu Skin President and CEO Truman Hunt is the previous chairman of the WFDSA (2005- 2008).
How has Nu Skin grown or evolved?
Blake Roney, Sandie Tillotson and Steve Lund decided to build a company that would combine innovative personal care products with ingredients that subscribed to the philosophy of "all of the good, none of the bad" and a generous business opportunity that would attract high-caliber salespeople. It didn't take long for people to discover the difference of Nu Skin's unique business opportunity and one-of-a-kind products. In fact, the first product order was so popular that it was gone in a matter of hours. People loved the products so much that many even brought their own bottles and jars for the founders to fill with the unique formulas using an ordinary spoon.

Since that time, Nu Skin has demonstrated a distinctively different approach to business. It began with an innovative concept of premium quality products and a uniquely compelling global business opportunity. Combined with the immovable commitment of the distributor leaders, this exceptional business model has shaped the company into a more than one billion dollar enterprise that still remains true to its core values. Today, Nu Skin is differentiated by its ability to demonstrate that they truly have the best people, product, culture and opportunity in the direct sales, skin care and wellness industries. As the premier anti-aging company, Nu Skin sets the standard.

Nu Skin Company Information