Nu Skin

Compare Makeup Brands

Research top Makeup Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just figured out what's going on here. Some people got scammed not by Nuskin but by Skin Nu from china. Just like a few years ago when I thought I got cheap iPhone, it was fake. The bite on the apple was on the wrong side. Now people are getting confused by similar thing but this time w/ Nuskin. I had stage 4A oral cancer that cause me to lose my tongue and I made it through all the challenges of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on Nuskin multiple supplement lines and celltrex CoQ10.

I still got pictures of my "crispy" neck (the part that was taped up) and my face and chin that was completely protected by celltrex CoQ10, enhancer and TriPhasic white day lotion. If I had listened to my oncologist, my face would be as black and crispy as my neck that was taped up. So watch out people for those Chinese imitators. They make everything look almost exactly the same except for when you compare it to the real deal, you can see the slight difference in packaging. If it's imitation, you can be sure that it's crappy products.

Anyone who knows absolutely anything about NuSkin will realize that several of these reviewers clearly have NuSkin confused with something else. Look at all of the reviews that say the same thing. If you don't believe me, go to the NuSkin website and try to find these products that were supposedly on Shark Tank. They won't be there. I am a former home distributor for the company, but now I am just a customer and only use the products. I've been a customer for five years. This company operates through distributors, and I've never known them to charge for a free sample if they even have a free sample. Then it wouldn't be free would it? Plus, many of their products, if ordered and used according to their guidelines, come with a money-back guarantee.

Just look at my before and after pictures from using the galvanic spa and a few lotions for just 2 1/2 months 2 to 3 times a week. I totally look like I had a facelift. I just think it's unfortunate that people are so uneducated that they can't even get the name of a company right. There are several companies with names that are similar. I would just say if you are reading this, please meet with the distributor or go through the website thoroughly, because clueless people are damaging the reputation of this company. All I know is that my experience with these products has been nothing short of amazing, and I've used them for over five years. They typically bend over backward at customer service to fix any errors, or accommodate unhappy customers. It pains me to see a company's reputation tarnished by uneducated people.

Very unhappy. I was tricked into believing this product Skinnu and Eye Nu was endorsed by Shark Tank. When I signed on for the free samples and they explained it was a 14 day trial period with. They did not explain if you did not like the product you had less than 14 days to notify them otherwise they were charging your bank account Full price for the items. When I called to complain it was then explained you had less than 14 days to notify them that you did not like the product. A lesson learned. However both products stink. Do not waste your money.

I has been using the products and signed up for Free as a Distributor since May 2013. I was in the success trip Maui. When reading some of your comments I WAS SHOCK. WITH THE INTERNET. Now why you do not call the company direct or ask the distributor whom referral you to them??? You must being buying from the wrong companies. Nu Skin do not have sample products. You have 30-90 days money back guaranteed with 100% cash back also 1 year refund of unopen products with 90 cash back. You need to call Nu Skin 1-800-487-1000. There are a lot of fake products said with NU SKIN name on it that why you guys buy at the wrong places or wrong person. If you need help contact me anytime.

As a consumer of these products I'm at a loss as to these negative reviews. Many of them don't even make sense talking about things I have never seen the company do. E.g. Free Trial??? They do however offer a 60 and 90 day money back guarantee of which I've never had to use because the products work. My experience has been nothing but positive, their products are amazing and the best that I've ever used. The company and staff are always helpful when I have questions. I also love their rewards program because I get to save up points to purchase products with them. It's the best subscription I've ever had because of its flexibility and rewards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nu Skin?

I was a reluctant started with the Nu Skin products. Because my skin had always been so allergic I did not have a skin care regimen. I used the Galvanic Spa twice weekly and Elements skin care system day and night and within 6 weeks people were accusing me of having a face lift. Absolutely incredible results. My skin is now dewy soft and wrinkle free. My double chin has all but disappeared and I have heaps more confidence. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nu Skin. Definitely recommend it to anyone with skin issues and 100% guaranteed by the company.

The Nu Skin Clear Action range for acne is amazing. Within two days of using this product, I noticed an improvement in my skin. Having been a cystic acne sufferer all my adult life, and I'm 51 now, I have tried everything, including Roaccutane, dermabrasion, the pill and I've even had cartilage taken from behind my ears to fill in my acne scars/pitting. Having used the Nu Skin products for 9 months, I am sold on their products. I also take Y-Span, which helps you age younger, from the inside, as well as using the Galvanic Spa, which has dramatically changed the surface of my skin. My skin is glowing now and it is so smooth. It's lovely when total strangers comment about my lovely skin, knowing what I have been through! No more acne spots for me. Thank you Nu Skin!

I'm having trouble understanding all the negative reviews on this site. It appears that a number of people were not introduced to the products properly, or shown how to use them correctly. My experience is completely different - having had an in-home demonstration of the Galvanic Spa and the ageLOC skin care, I could immediately experience an improvement in my skin tone and texture. I could ask as many questions as I liked from my helpful distributor, who recommended these and some internal products for my particular health and aging concerns.

Although I have only been using the products for three months, the difference in my skin and overall well-being is noticeable, not only to myself, but to friends and acquaintances who have remarked on my "glow" and vitality. I am impressed by the science behind these products and the ethics of the company as a whole. Their Nourish the Children program is exemplary and we would be living in a much kinder world if all large companies made a similar commitment to assist the less fortunate. I cannot recommend the products highly enough for anyone looking to age young and stay vital.

Do not order the trial. Their free trial is a scam, they charge $89 to your credit card 4:00 am while you are sleeping. I called 866-845-0112 and cancelled on time and got confirmation number of that from them. I spoke with Robert and the supervisor, Brant, and they told me the refund take 4 business days. They charge right away your card and take 4 business days. What a bs. They are playing with your money and your sleeping time. I'll going to call them every day until I get my money back. Don't do business with them, they are a crooks.

I am a walking EXAMPLE! LOOK 15 yrs younger. Real PROVEN science on products. Forerunners in epigenetics and anti-aging. Ck out Ageloc ME. AMAZING! Also facial spa, transformation system... wrinkles, pore size reduced. Elasticity, firmness, lightness of skin, luxurious feel and marked IMMEDIATE RESULTS!! LOVE IT. Has products that work 4 every budget.

I ordered the 'free' trial from the website (Cher promoted it). Paid 4.95 shipping. The first complaint I had is that they forced me to also purchase additional creams. I could not find a place to uncheck that option. It was only another 4.95 so I said - sure I will try that also. Product came quickly, but the 15 day trial period started the day I purchased and of course the product did not come on day 1 - day 3.

Midnight on day 15, I was immediately charged around $94 FOR EACH ONE ($196!). Since the trial period was so short, I did not think to immediately call and cancel. I called them the next day and was given the runaround. They kept trying to convince me to try it for 15 more days. Wouldn't refund me or anything unless I tried it for another 15 days. They promised me they would not send me anymore, but I had to call within 15 days. I tried calling again and speak with the supervisor, but they refused to transfer me and gave me the same spiel. THIS IS A SCAM. The product DOES NOT work. Maybe it would after months of using, but I don't have $196 a month. DO NOT DO THIS. SCAM.

They get your credit card "for shipping" then slam you with hidden charges 2 weeks later. Customer service reps are just liars. They promise refunds. No refunds. They even made my elderly mother cry on the phone saying she "stole their product" when they never even sent anything. ConsumerAffairs, do you ever issue a consumer alert against certain companies? Because these people are crooks.

Hate when you sign up for "FREE SAMPLES" pay for shipping and in about 2 weeks they charge for the product. SUCH A SCAM. Always pay through credit card because they will help with getting rid of them. I did open and use the product, no different from anybody else out there. I do not recommend this product and WAY TOO expensive for what it is.

DO NOT ORDER THE TRIAL. Their free trial is a scam. I emailed and cancelled on time and got confirmation of that from them. Then the next month I got a new serum that I didn't order and a receipt for $90. I called and was told that I was only sent the free trial and since it was open already I couldn't return it. They claim to have never sent me the second serum, even though they show that they charged me for the original trial order serum and cream. I asked to talk to the manager but was told he or she was in a meeting. I asked if I could forward them the email that confirms my cancellation and they said it all happened too late even though I cancelled within the 14 day period. I am very upset with this company, not terribly happy with their products and their customer service is unbelievable terrible.

This stuff may be decent but not half as good as stuff like TruSkin I have tried for a quarter of the price. And their free trial is a scam too. I emailed and cancelled on time and got confirmation of that from them. Then the next month I got a new serum that I didn't order and a receipt for $90. I called and was told that I was only sent the free trial and since it was open already I couldn't return it. They claim to have never sent me the second serum, even though they show that they charged me for the original trial order serum and cream. I asked to talk to the manager but was told he or she was in a meeting. I asked if I could forward them the email that confirms my cancellation and they said it all happened too late even though I cancelled within the 14 day period. I am very upset with this company, not terribly happy with their products and their customer service is unbelievable terrible.

I wish I had read the reviews and the way the company conducts their business. I was not aware that I was going to be charged for the product for $89.95 and $88.10. I called and was told they would not refund anything. I REALLY FEEL THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE FINED FOR THE WAY THEY CONDUCT THEIR BUSINESS. Don't sign up for anything and stay away from them.

Yes, that's right. It is not charity, it is something that makes money. The scam part? Yes, I do not like that they charge when you did not order the full product. That's not a good way to sell products. So they had a problem with the way they sell. As for the products? I've been using R2 for one year now. My fungus on my toe is completely gone. Yup. I had medications taken, cream used, all useless. Now I'm treating my vaginal infection after my antibiotic treatment. It's helping me to take out the toxins (antibiotic) in my body. (I sweated for three days.) Also taking LifePak plus the probiotics. Without Nu Skin, I don't know what I'd do. I am not part of this business, but those who have succeeded, or the friend who helped me this far, I truly see a positive vibe from them. "Black or white, your pick. Any comment is a judgment, and only God can judge us."

I'm just so upset that I have not received my products almost a month. They would apologize and apologize. Apology does not give you anything! I tried to cancel what I ordered, they said it is already shipped but I'm waiting almost a month. I'm out of my product. The worst thing about Nu Skin is you have to use it all the time if you mix with some other product. It just does not work.

I started taking Nu Skin's anti aging supplement Vitality 4 years ago, then using the Galvanic Spa. This led to trying many other products, and I have been so pleased with every single one, from toothpaste to nutritional supplements. Vitality has given me my life back, and I am looking forward to trying Youth next month. I love the automatic delivery rewards program - I can change the content every month if I want, and I get points to spend on other products, so I can try a lot of their 300+ products for free. (The newest products, like the essential oils, can't be purchased with points yet.)

I am confused to hear of a sample offer, as Nu Skin does not offer samples. I imagine this is the effort of an unscrupulous distributor. Over 60% of Nu Skin users are simply product users. Yes, it is a MLM, but there's nothing wrong with that. I started selling recently, and have had nothing but good experiences. I suspect that most if not all of the complaints come from people dealing with unethical distributors, because I don't even recognize the company they're describing.

Nu Skin has a 30 day return policy with 100% money back. If the product doesn't work, or even if you just don't like it - no problem! And yes, I have had 2 customers use this with no trouble. Additionally, distributors can return unopened product for a full year for a 90% cash refund. As far as I know, they are also the only MLM that requires NO money to start - you do not have to buy a business builder package or anything else. Well, you do need to buy a $25 business builder guide, but that is free if you place a small order- I think $25?, and it is full of information you need. They are working on becoming the MLM company that pays the best, and I have been very pleased. Additionally, the people I've met through this have been wonderful. It's too bad, but it sounds like there are some unethical sellers out there giving a black eye to this very reputable company. Check out Forbes' and Fortune's take on Nu Skin for a more accurate depiction!

Do not buy this product. Very shady business practice. They promise a second bottle and then never deliver and hang up on you before you can cancel after a $89 charge and unauthorized fee.

I got some money back! Or at least have been told I will in 3 business days... Fell into the trap of trying their "free trial -- only pay shipping". Had two separate charges 2 weeks later from them for $85 and $89. After only seeing the first charge, I called and was told that I agreed to the terms and no refund would be possible. I cancelled the account but the second charge soon appeared. I called again and was told no refund would be given and that was that. I expressed my frustration with their shady business practices and that I would be contacting the BBB and anyone else I could. She quickly said, "if you had let me finish... I can offer you 50% back." I hope to see it hit my account as promised. They are difficult to deal with and the product has only made my skin red and bumpy. Thumbs down.

I loved Nu Skin products. I don't get how can it get these negative comments. All the products I tried worked terrific for me, my fiance and my mom. Galvanic Spa for all face and the ironing thing is awesome. For me being 26, I got rid of all black spots and blemishes. My mom stopped doing Botox after starting using machine plus serum... My fiance ironed his wrinkles and it does work. I would recommend it to all my friends... Was googling more about the Nu Skin hair care and came across the negative comments, thought I should write good one... Cause it is honestly worth every dollar spent! I'm a user, not distributor...

So I was reading the comments of everyone. My biggest advice is to buy from distributor, we are trained to work with this company. If you are regular client, avoid ADR!! You don't need it! I know it's cheaper and it is hard to cancel it because they want to make money as everyone else in the world. Well our head office is in Europe so they are very nice and helpful.

It must be a joke for people to believe that the spa going to get rid of all the wrinkles - not even single product works like that, only a plastic operation that will cost you 5 times more! The products are effective. I use whitening tooth paste and it work, of course I don't have snow white teeth because I would need to spend 500 euro on dental whitening in the dentist and I would end up with sensitive teeth. I am heavy smoker, wine lover and I have bile reflux so my teeth are always getting dull but this tooth paste returns it to my natural bone color and I'm happy. My advice would be Stay away from ADR, DO NOT PRESS "Add to ADR CART ". Order from Distributor! Or ask her ID and order online with her help. This company is getting bad reviews only because 1. We don't know how to use it. 2. We over expect the result that would cost 5times more! Go to Avon then!

I had been a customer to use Nu Skin products for more than 20 years already. By reading the review, so many people complained about ADR program, I am very surprised how is a good program to somebody but turn out to be a bad stuff to accuse the company!! The ADR program can allow you to have 20 to 30% as incentive points. I was very happy when I got so many free products by using the points. And the ADR program can allow you to overwrite the contents as long as you can call in advance before the shipping date. So, if you think you are the victim of this program, please carefully read through the policy.

I also caught one complaint incidence that was totally wrong accuse. The accuser complained the Youth package was not working. I would like to ask where did she buy it. Nu Skin did not sell it in public yet. The Youth package will be pre-launched on Nov. 12 but the lady complained it in August. I believe some of distributors might have immature business practice which is normal like many new employees often have mistake to serve people. Nu Skin did have fast growing in the past years. Many new distributors need to quickly catch up to meet customer needs. Please allow them to be mature. Thanks for your patience and consideration!

This company is terrible. Once again, they get you with the free trial. Make sure you call both phone numbers for Nu Skin and Luxe Skin. If you do not, they will not cancel both accounts and will continue to charge you. Customer service, ridiculous.

I have started using the TR90 after I gave birth. I took the ingredients fact to my doctor because I was breastfeeding and she said it was all good. I lost 25 lbs with only a 30 days program. Didn't do exercise, didn't change my diet. No sacrifice. I liked better the chocolate flavor. I love it because I used to be very bad with diets. Now I weigh less than when I was in my 25s. Jeans are big.

Then I start using more products. Vitality keep me up all day with a year old daughter. Facial Spa nourish my skin like nothing before and the true face pearls firm the skin with only using it twice a week. I also love the hair mask conditioning, use once a week and hair looks healthy and smooth all week. Beside the products, I love the company and its values. They promote happiness and dreams.

For all those who don't understand network marketing, I invite them to Nu Skin conventions. You will find a better way of living. No just money. For those who see a pyramid scam, I invite them to see the compensation plan and the amazing science behind these great products and company. Search for the report in Discovery Channel as ageLOC science. Many people had no idea what they are writing. This company changed many people lives for good. Search also Nourish the Children. Which is one way of how Nu Skin contributes to society. Don't let haters who fail to themselves tell you what you should do or believe.

The Nu Skin website is not consumer nor distributor friendly. It gives the false impression about adr and it is made this way that customers fall into trap without being able to correct. Customer service is very polite but useless. They will tell you that they'll take care of the problem but actually they don't. Consequently, I have to pay more.

This is the second time they have cost me bounce fees. My Wife specifically asked where they got permission to set up auto fill and the lady answered "When you called in your order Bob assumed you wanted it!" $180 bucks in bounce fees so I'm going to my bank and set it up so NuSkin will not be able to bill my account again! My Wife can look elsewhere like Clinique or Avada! Lesson - Do not give them your card #, Period!

I don't know why everyone is complaining about NU SKIN. I have been doing business with them for over 20 years and I have never ever had any problems getting my product automatically or ordering product one time. If they ever make a mistake they gladly correct it with no questions asked. Nu SKIN cannot be held liable for what their "representatives say" but I have used all their products and have been completely satisfied and if I was not satisfied I will not buy the product. Yes they sell their product like Mary Kay, Herbalife, Amway, and Avon. Direct selling. I am a customer of the product and I get a discount for signing up as a distributor. I don't call all my friends and sign them up unless they want the product. Then I can sign them up as a customer. This company has great products and I love how they research everything they sell.

Purchased several products and each delivered what was promised. My experience was ranging from Transform in 90 days (TR90 weight management) which, following the directions closely, reset my metabolism; to the Face Spa - an FDA classified medical device used in conjunction with their Ageloc products, has changed my skin texture, pore size, reduced lines, unified my skin color, and quite frankly the benefits compound over time, helping me look younger; to the Ageloc Vitality, which re-sets daily my energy, athletic performance and mental acuity. Any questions or concerns have been handled in a very professional manner through their customer service department and they were more than fair when I wanted to return something that I didn't mean to order.

Question and Answers - Nu Skin

What problem is Nu Skin trying to solve?

Our mission is to be a force for good throughout the world by empowering people to improve lives with rewarding business opportunities, innovative products, and an enriching, uplifting culture.

What sets Nu Skin apart from the competition?

Founded in 1984, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., is a direct selling company that distributes more than 200 premium-quality anti-aging products in both the personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin operates in 53 international markets globally. The company’s global operations generated more than $2.57 billion in revenue during 2014. In 2014, the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation and our charitable partners contributed nearly $5.8 million to improve the lives of children throughout the world. Since 2002, Nu Skin distributors and employees have donated more than 400 million meals through its Nourish the Children® initiative to hungry and malnourished children around the world.

What needs does Nu Skin fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Nu Skin sells more than 200 products in the anti-aging, personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin key products feature the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system, ageLOC®, Facial Spa, Tru Face® Essence Ultra and the Epoch® line of ethnobotanical products. Pharmanex flagship products include ageLOC® R2, ageLOC TR90, LifePak® Nano, g3™ nutritional beverage and Tegreen 97®. The company employs scientists who regularly collaborate with world-class experts on the Nu Skin Anti-Aging Scientific Advisory Board. Nu Skin distributors demonstrate the difference of its products through a proprietary 6S Quality Process, clinical trials, product demonstrations and state-of-the-art tools such as the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner.

How does Nu Skin measure success?

Innovation is what fuels Nu Skin’s success and drives our business by leveraging the company’s investment in research and development and new technologies. The ability to continuously innovate is supported by a solid management team that partners with our sales force in developing advanced anti-aging products and an attractive business opportunity.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Nu Skin?

Our vision is to become the world’s leading direct selling company by generating more income for sales leaders than any other company.

Has Nu Skin received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Nu Skin is included among the top five mid-cap companies on Forbes.com’s annual list of the “100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” Nu Skin had an accounting and governance risk (AGR) score of 96 out of 100 and has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1986 and has an A+ rating, the highest available. Nu Skin is a dedicated member and advocate of the DSA and abides by the association’s code of ethics.The company is also a member of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), Nu Skin collaborates with other direct selling companies to improve the overall industry. Nu Skin President and CEO Truman Hunt is the previous chairman of the WFDSA (2005- 2008).

How has Nu Skin grown or evolved?

Blake Roney, Sandie Tillotson and Steve Lund decided to build a company that would combine innovative personal care products with ingredients that subscribed to the philosophy of "all of the good, none of the bad" and a generous business opportunity that would attract high-caliber salespeople. It didn't take long for people to discover the difference of Nu Skin's unique business opportunity and one-of-a-kind products. In fact, the first product order was so popular that it was gone in a matter of hours. People loved the products so much that many even brought their own bottles and jars for the founders to fill with the unique formulas using an ordinary spoon.

Since that time, Nu Skin has demonstrated a distinctively different approach to business. It began with an innovative concept of premium quality products and a uniquely compelling global business opportunity. Combined with the immovable commitment of the distributor leaders, this exceptional business model has shaped the company into a more than one billion dollar enterprise that still remains true to its core values. Today, Nu Skin is differentiated by its ability to demonstrate that they truly have the best people, product, culture and opportunity in the direct sales, skin care and wellness industries. As the premier anti-aging company, Nu Skin sets the standard.

Nu Skin Company Profile