2.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 77 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

78 Nu Skin Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The ad caught my eye because it said Joanna Gaines from the home improvement show was selling this facial cream so I decided to check it out. It said it was a free trial, I just pay the postage. I've done that before so I thought OK I'll order it for the $4.95, no problem. I get to the end and there is something called Derma Eyes but I NEVER order stuff for my eyes but there was NOTHING there for you to opt out of that product but it gave me a weird feeling as I thought-I hope it didn't add that to my order, because I sure don't want that, too. Anyway, I placed the order through my Discover Card, and waited for it in the mail.

When I did get it, there was NO packing slip in the box, NO paperwork AT ALL... NOTHING except the little bottle of cream AND the stupid stuff that I didn't want for the eyes, that I never got the option of opting out of. So I'm looking for something with a name, address (to send the eye stuff back), phone number, ANYTHING that would identify these people but I find NOTHING either IN the box OR OUTSIDE the box. They covered themselves real good. I couldn't believe it. So I tried the cream and it was garbage. Same with the eye stuff. FINALLY I got my Discover bill and there were FIVE charges from this company: 2 charges for $4.95, 1 @ $1.99, 1 @ $104.97 and 1 @ $94.97 for the eye stuff for a total of $211.83. And there was a phone number on the bill. So I called the number and said I wanted to send the product back and they said NOPE I couldn't send it back because it was past the two week return limit time.

I told them I couldn't return anything earlier because I didn't have an address to return it to without anything in the package - no packing slip, etc. They said, too bad - they can't take it back - it's too late and it's my problem. Immediately I knew I've been scammed, a reputable company wouldn't be doing this. So I called Discover Card and told them I've been scammed. But they left the burden of proof on me. Although I disputed the charges, and explained in great detail what happened, they said I had to have better proof than just my explanation. I asked what I would need to provide as proof and they said a screenshot of their wording in their documentation at the end of the order. REALLY!!! For one thing - I don't know HOW to take a screenshot. Sorry. I'm not a techie. Don't know those things.

For another even more important thing-to get to that documentation I would have to go back to their website, go all the way through the sale and spend another two hundred dollars just to get the screenshot for Discover!!! NO WAY!!! Then I'm out $400.00!!! I don't think so. How can Discover ask me to do that??? I told them I printed out 10 pages of people telling that this company is a scam saying the same thing that I am explaining, that there are 77 people all saying the same thing and I am prepared to send this to Discover. But Discover says this is just opinion, not proof. I'm very disappointed with Discover, I've had my Discover Card for years and I've paid my bill in full except the $104.97, which I will pay and then close my Discover account because they don't deserve my business.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

As a customer and distributor of Nu Skin products I can tell you that the negative reviews describing 14 day trials and hidden charges are not talking about Nu Skin. There seems to be a scam that people are unfortunately falling victim to. Nu Skin is an amazing company that sells equally amazing products! I started off using the whitening toothpaste and then wound up distributing as well, because I believe in the product that much.

Don't let these reviews that were falsely categorized under Nu Skin hinder your opinion of them. There are NEVER any recurring charges and Nu Skin doesn't offer trial periods for anything. Furthermore, the products they describe are not products sold by Nu Skin. Nu Skin is very careful to always be completely honest with their customers and distributors. I LOVE working with this company and I LOVE the products they sell. Don't believe everything you read without doing your research first!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 23, 2017

Back on June 5, I ordered trial sizes of these two products, supposedly Joanna Gaines products. I did not sign up for any other products to be delivered. In checking my credit card today, I see that on July 10 I was charged $104.97 but for what I do not know. I thought it was a trustworthy deal, but now I see it was a scam. There was nothing in the order process that I could see that I was signing up for anything more than the two trial size products. I am disputing it with my credit card.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I like many others were scammed into thinking the free samples were Joanna Gaines' new line of face care. I decided to order a free sample for $4.95, but the order processed with an additional NuLift Eye Serum for another $4.95. The scam starts after 10 days of placing your order when the companies Nuderaskincream and Dermaeyeserm charge your credit card $94.97 and $104.97. I called to cancel my orders and called my CC company to file a dispute. My CC company did credit the charges but I had to fight it out with the companies. I had to argue with the companies before they agreed to send a refund.

Well they did refund the $104.97 but now they are saying it is between my CC company and them to determine if a refund will be issued. WHY???? My credit card company reversed the credit I was given and it was up to me to get the 2nd refund from the company. I am getting the runaround from them, plus it is hard to understand their representatives (had to keep asking her to repeat herself). I am out the $94.97, but I plan to continue fighting for my refund. It appears there are several different companies doing this with the same type products but under different names.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Was about to Login to my bank account and this Nu Skin Ad pops up, Advertising a Special Promotion for online Bank Users. Free product for the cost of shipping only. I looked on the Ad and nowhere did it disclose the product would be shipped to you automatically and a $94.99 charge would appear on your account. Called the Company to cancel any further shipments and wanted reimbursement. I was told I agreed to the terms and conditions. After 14 days I would receive the product and be charged in full. I would of never agreed to these terms. I usually am very careful in reading the fine print, It was not obviously clearly displayed on this AD... CONSUMER BEWARE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nu Skin?

Original review: July 14, 2017

Nowhere does it say that after the 14 day trial you will be charged. Much less the amount. No explanation or # to call, no info stating that you actually started a subscription. I ordered on 6/3/17. Why am I being charges $104.97 after 1 month and 11 days? Very dishonest and misrepresenting the free trial! Just another form of thieves!

Original review: June 26, 2017

Ordered a free trial. A week later I was billed $94.07 and $104.97 for a free trial. Got no results from calling, tried an email and that was returned. Figured it was ok with endorsement from Joanna Gaines but apparently she was duped also. Do NOT buy this. You will be out $200.00.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I normally don't respond to any ad on the internet yet this one was linked to Dr. Oz and Christie Brinkley and I didn't feel they would endorse a bad product. It was a free offer where you paid for shipping and handling. I ordered (NuLift Regeneration Cream and NuLift Eye Complex, 30 day supply) on May 26, 2017 and received 4 or 5 days later. I have been using following the instructions and so far not impressed. The shipping and handling on the Cream was $4.99 and $4.95 on the Eye Complex. Today, 6/12/2017, I checked my bank account online and found a charge of $104.97 and another of $94.97 from this same company! I have not order or receive any other product! Since it was after 10 pm I got on the computer to find the ad to see if I had missed something. I was unable to find the same ad.

I had printed off the receipt with pictures of the products. The product was called NuLift and was billed under TRYNUSKIN and SKIN SERUM with ph# 888-455-9396 and CA. The only other thing it says on the page was "Thank you for your purchase. We hope you enjoy the benefits of NuLift Essentials. Your order is scheduled to arrive by May 30, 2017."

Did a little more research and found your site and several others that had reviews where the same thing happened to them. So apparently this is a scam and I fell for it. I have not called the number yet but that is the first thing I will be doing in the morning. Also am calling my bank to alert them so no other charges come through for this company. Is there anything that can be done to get money back or to put a stop to this company. They are hurting the legitimate companies that have good products as well as the consumers. I learned my lesson. I will be returning to my original plan, don't buy products from ads on the internet!

Original review: June 6, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! SCAM! I did NOT ever receive any information regarding the "14 day trial period" and was charged $90!! TWICE!! When I called to try and speak with them, I was on HOLD FOR OVER AN HOUR!!! The most frustrated I have ever been!! Unscrupulous company!! Buyer beware!!

Original review: June 6, 2017

The only reason I ordered the "Free Sample" was because Joanna Gaines of the TV show "Fixer Upper" supposedly endorsed this product on Facebook. It's a scam. They charged me almost $200 for a "Free Sample". I received the free sample in the mail about two weeks ago then when I went online yesterday morning to review my checking account I was shocked to see almost $200 deducted for 2 NuLift products. When I called to complain I was told over and over they do not give refunds. Most of the rest of what was said I couldn't understand because the person could barely speak English. Is there anything I can do to get my money back?

Original review: May 30, 2017

If I could give this product and company something less than 1 star, I would! It has been less than 2 weeks ago I received the product and this morning at 4:00 am, they charged my bank account $104.40. I called to tell them I haven't even had it two weeks and the chink sounding representative said, "We do not refund" but he will cancel. Not only did I get ripped off for not having the time they promised, the product doesn't work worth squat! PLEASE!!! Don't order it, they will screw you.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Do not order this ever. Got sample and was charged 90 dollars. Called and was told I did not respond in 14 days which I did not know. They also said another one was in the mail. Would not let me send it back so another 90. I made sure no more would come. They offered me a discount of half. Should receive in four days. I have called for three months and they said I received my discount already. I never got it. They then wanted all my credit card printouts. Like I would trust them with that. Wow. I sure hope no one else orders this. Probably the maddest I have ever been. Their logo should be buyer beware.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Clearly people are confused on the products. I mean Christie Brinkley was the spokesperson for it, until she decided to branch into her "own" skincare line. These products will amaze anyone and make your skin soft and smooth and new feeling.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I just figured out what's going on here. Some people got scammed not by Nuskin but by Skin Nu from china. Just like a few years ago when I thought I got cheap iPhone, it was fake. The bite on the apple was on the wrong side. Now people are getting confused by similar thing but this time w/ Nuskin. I had stage 4A oral cancer that cause me to lose my tongue and I made it through all the challenges of chemotherapy and radiotherapy on Nuskin multiple supplement lines and celltrex CoQ10.

I still got pictures of my "crispy" neck (the part that was taped up) and my face and chin that was completely protected by celltrex CoQ10, enhancer and TriPhasic white day lotion. If I had listened to my oncologist, my face would be as black and crispy as my neck that was taped up. So watch out people for those Chinese imitators. They make everything look almost exactly the same except for when you compare it to the real deal, you can see the slight difference in packaging. If it's imitation, you can be sure that it's crappy products.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Anyone who knows absolutely anything about NuSkin will realize that several of these reviewers clearly have NuSkin confused with something else. Look at all of the reviews that say the same thing. If you don't believe me, go to the NuSkin website and try to find these products that were supposedly on Shark Tank. They won't be there. I am a former home distributor for the company, but now I am just a customer and only use the products. I've been a customer for five years. This company operates through distributors, and I've never known them to charge for a free sample if they even have a free sample. Then it wouldn't be free would it? Plus, many of their products, if ordered and used according to their guidelines, come with a money-back guarantee.

Just look at my before and after pictures from using the galvanic spa and a few lotions for just 2 1/2 months 2 to 3 times a week. I totally look like I had a facelift. I just think it's unfortunate that people are so uneducated that they can't even get the name of a company right. There are several companies with names that are similar. I would just say if you are reading this, please meet with the distributor or go through the website thoroughly, because clueless people are damaging the reputation of this company. All I know is that my experience with these products has been nothing short of amazing, and I've used them for over five years. They typically bend over backward at customer service to fix any errors, or accommodate unhappy customers. It pains me to see a company's reputation tarnished by uneducated people.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Very unhappy. I was tricked into believing this product Skinnu and Eye Nu was endorsed by Shark Tank. When I signed on for the free samples and they explained it was a 14 day trial period with. They did not explain if you did not like the product you had less than 14 days to notify them otherwise they were charging your bank account Full price for the items. When I called to complain it was then explained you had less than 14 days to notify them that you did not like the product. A lesson learned. However both products stink. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I has been using the products and signed up for Free as a Distributor since May 2013. I was in the success trip Maui. When reading some of your comments I WAS SHOCK. WITH THE INTERNET. Now why you do not call the company direct or ask the distributor whom referral you to them??? You must being buying from the wrong companies. Nu Skin do not have sample products. You have 30-90 days money back guaranteed with 100% cash back also 1 year refund of unopen products with 90 cash back. You need to call Nu Skin 1-800-487-1000. There are a lot of fake products said with NU SKIN name on it that why you guys buy at the wrong places or wrong person. If you need help contact me anytime.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

As a consumer of these products I'm at a loss as to these negative reviews. Many of them don't even make sense talking about things I have never seen the company do. E.g. Free Trial??? They do however offer a 60 and 90 day money back guarantee of which I've never had to use because the products work. My experience has been nothing but positive, their products are amazing and the best that I've ever used. The company and staff are always helpful when I have questions. I also love their rewards program because I get to save up points to purchase products with them. It's the best subscription I've ever had because of its flexibility and rewards.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was a reluctant started with the Nu Skin products. Because my skin had always been so allergic I did not have a skin care regimen. I used the Galvanic Spa twice weekly and Elements skin care system day and night and within 6 weeks people were accusing me of having a face lift. Absolutely incredible results. My skin is now dewy soft and wrinkle free. My double chin has all but disappeared and I have heaps more confidence. LOVE LOVE LOVE Nu Skin. Definitely recommend it to anyone with skin issues and 100% guaranteed by the company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

The Nu Skin Clear Action range for acne is amazing. Within two days of using this product, I noticed an improvement in my skin. Having been a cystic acne sufferer all my adult life, and I'm 51 now, I have tried everything, including Roaccutane, dermabrasion, the pill and I've even had cartilage taken from behind my ears to fill in my acne scars/pitting. Having used the Nu Skin products for 9 months, I am sold on their products. I also take Y-Span, which helps you age younger, from the inside, as well as using the Galvanic Spa, which has dramatically changed the surface of my skin. My skin is glowing now and it is so smooth. It's lovely when total strangers comment about my lovely skin, knowing what I have been through! No more acne spots for me. Thank you Nu Skin!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I'm having trouble understanding all the negative reviews on this site. It appears that a number of people were not introduced to the products properly, or shown how to use them correctly. My experience is completely different - having had an in-home demonstration of the Galvanic Spa and the ageLOC skin care, I could immediately experience an improvement in my skin tone and texture. I could ask as many questions as I liked from my helpful distributor, who recommended these and some internal products for my particular health and aging concerns.

Although I have only been using the products for three months, the difference in my skin and overall well-being is noticeable, not only to myself, but to friends and acquaintances who have remarked on my "glow" and vitality. I am impressed by the science behind these products and the ethics of the company as a whole. Their Nourish the Children program is exemplary and we would be living in a much kinder world if all large companies made a similar commitment to assist the less fortunate. I cannot recommend the products highly enough for anyone looking to age young and stay vital.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Do not order the trial. Their free trial is a scam, they charge $89 to your credit card 4:00 am while you are sleeping. I called 866-845-0112 and cancelled on time and got confirmation number of that from them. I spoke with Robert and the supervisor, Brant, and they told me the refund take 4 business days. They charge right away your card and take 4 business days. What a bs. They are playing with your money and your sleeping time. I'll going to call them every day until I get my money back. Don't do business with them, they are a crooks.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I just want people who come here to review the bad Nu Skin ratings to know that the products they're talking about are NOT Nu Skin. Nu Skin does NOT have 15 day trials of ANYTHING at all and if they were these people would be sent a product return # and form and money put back in bank. I've been with the company over 5 years and not once ever heard of anything like this for me or my hundreds of customers! They would never charge without permission and before you get off the phone you are given a reference # and also an email so you can give customer feedback if you choose. Do NOT believe the people who are writing these complaints. There is no 15 day trial of anything!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I am a walking EXAMPLE! LOOK 15 yrs younger. Real PROVEN science on products. Forerunners in epigenetics and anti-aging. Ck out Ageloc ME. AMAZING! Also facial spa, transformation system... wrinkles, pore size reduced. Elasticity, firmness, lightness of skin, luxurious feel and marked IMMEDIATE RESULTS!! LOVE IT. Has products that work 4 every budget.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I ordered the 'free' trial from the website (Cher promoted it). Paid 4.95 shipping. The first complaint I had is that they forced me to also purchase additional creams. I could not find a place to uncheck that option. It was only another 4.95 so I said - sure I will try that also. Product came quickly, but the 15 day trial period started the day I purchased and of course the product did not come on day 1 - day 3.

Midnight on day 15, I was immediately charged around $94 FOR EACH ONE ($196!). Since the trial period was so short, I did not think to immediately call and cancel. I called them the next day and was given the runaround. They kept trying to convince me to try it for 15 more days. Wouldn't refund me or anything unless I tried it for another 15 days. They promised me they would not send me anymore, but I had to call within 15 days. I tried calling again and speak with the supervisor, but they refused to transfer me and gave me the same spiel. THIS IS A SCAM. The product DOES NOT work. Maybe it would after months of using, but I don't have $196 a month. DO NOT DO THIS. SCAM.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

They get your credit card "for shipping" then slam you with hidden charges 2 weeks later. Customer service reps are just liars. They promise refunds. No refunds. They even made my elderly mother cry on the phone saying she "stole their product" when they never even sent anything. ConsumerAffairs, do you ever issue a consumer alert against certain companies? Because these people are crooks.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

Hate when you sign up for "FREE SAMPLES" pay for shipping and in about 2 weeks they charge for the product. SUCH A SCAM. Always pay through credit card because they will help with getting rid of them. I did open and use the product, no different from anybody else out there. I do not recommend this product and WAY TOO expensive for what it is.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

DO NOT ORDER THE TRIAL. Their free trial is a scam. I emailed and cancelled on time and got confirmation of that from them. Then the next month I got a new serum that I didn't order and a receipt for $90. I called and was told that I was only sent the free trial and since it was open already I couldn't return it. They claim to have never sent me the second serum, even though they show that they charged me for the original trial order serum and cream. I asked to talk to the manager but was told he or she was in a meeting. I asked if I could forward them the email that confirms my cancellation and they said it all happened too late even though I cancelled within the 14 day period. I am very upset with this company, not terribly happy with their products and their customer service is unbelievable terrible.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

This stuff may be decent but not half as good as stuff like TruSkin I have tried for a quarter of the price. And their free trial is a scam too. I emailed and cancelled on time and got confirmation of that from them. Then the next month I got a new serum that I didn't order and a receipt for $90. I called and was told that I was only sent the free trial and since it was open already I couldn't return it. They claim to have never sent me the second serum, even though they show that they charged me for the original trial order serum and cream. I asked to talk to the manager but was told he or she was in a meeting. I asked if I could forward them the email that confirms my cancellation and they said it all happened too late even though I cancelled within the 14 day period. I am very upset with this company, not terribly happy with their products and their customer service is unbelievable terrible.

Original review: June 22, 2016

I wish I had read the reviews and the way the company conducts their business. I was not aware that I was going to be charged for the product for $89.95 and $88.10. I called and was told they would not refund anything. I REALLY FEEL THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE FINED FOR THE WAY THEY CONDUCT THEIR BUSINESS. Don't sign up for anything and stay away from them.

Nu Skin questions and answers

What problem is Nu Skin trying to solve?
Our mission is to be a force for good throughout the world by empowering people to improve lives with rewarding business opportunities, innovative products, and an enriching, uplifting culture.
What sets Nu Skin apart from the competition?
Founded in 1984, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc., is a direct selling company that distributes more than 200 premium-quality anti-aging products in both the personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin operates in 53 international markets globally. The company’s global operations generated more than $2.57 billion in revenue during 2014. In 2014, the Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation and our charitable partners contributed nearly $5.8 million to improve the lives of children throughout the world. Since 2002, Nu Skin distributors and employees have donated more than 400 million meals through its Nourish the Children® initiative to hungry and malnourished children around the world.
What needs does Nu Skin fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Nu Skin sells more than 200 products in the anti-aging, personal care and nutritional supplements categories. Nu Skin key products feature the ageLOC® Transformation daily skin care system, ageLOC®, Facial Spa, Tru Face® Essence Ultra and the Epoch® line of ethnobotanical products. Pharmanex flagship products include ageLOC® R2, ageLOC TR90, LifePak® Nano, g3™ nutritional beverage and Tegreen 97®. The company employs scientists who regularly collaborate with world-class experts on the Nu Skin Anti-Aging Scientific Advisory Board. Nu Skin distributors demonstrate the difference of its products through a proprietary 6S Quality Process, clinical trials, product demonstrations and state-of-the-art tools such as the Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner.
How does Nu Skin measure success?
Innovation is what fuels Nu Skin’s success and drives our business by leveraging the company’s investment in research and development and new technologies. The ability to continuously innovate is supported by a solid management team that partners with our sales force in developing advanced anti-aging products and an attractive business opportunity.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Nu Skin?
Our vision is to become the world’s leading direct selling company by generating more income for sales leaders than any other company.
Has Nu Skin received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Nu Skin is included among the top five mid-cap companies on Forbes.com’s annual list of the “100 Most Trustworthy Companies.” Nu Skin had an accounting and governance risk (AGR) score of 96 out of 100 and has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1986 and has an A+ rating, the highest available. Nu Skin is a dedicated member and advocate of the DSA and abides by the association’s code of ethics.The company is also a member of the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), Nu Skin collaborates with other direct selling companies to improve the overall industry. Nu Skin President and CEO Truman Hunt is the previous chairman of the WFDSA (2005- 2008).
How has Nu Skin grown or evolved?
Blake Roney, Sandie Tillotson and Steve Lund decided to build a company that would combine innovative personal care products with ingredients that subscribed to the philosophy of "all of the good, none of the bad" and a generous business opportunity that would attract high-caliber salespeople. It didn't take long for people to discover the difference of Nu Skin's unique business opportunity and one-of-a-kind products. In fact, the first product order was so popular that it was gone in a matter of hours. People loved the products so much that many even brought their own bottles and jars for the founders to fill with the unique formulas using an ordinary spoon.

Since that time, Nu Skin has demonstrated a distinctively different approach to business. It began with an innovative concept of premium quality products and a uniquely compelling global business opportunity. Combined with the immovable commitment of the distributor leaders, this exceptional business model has shaped the company into a more than one billion dollar enterprise that still remains true to its core values. Today, Nu Skin is differentiated by its ability to demonstrate that they truly have the best people, product, culture and opportunity in the direct sales, skin care and wellness industries. As the premier anti-aging company, Nu Skin sets the standard.

Nu Skin Company Information