1.41/5
Based on 120 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

130 Gillette Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have used this product for a long time and always found it very good, until you changed the top, now it leaks after use and gets very messy, will not be buying this product again as I have to keep it wrapped up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had been using mach III razors for years. Last 3 months I have noticed that these are no longer the same quality blades. I am no longer using them. They have lost my business. My friends and relatives have experienced the same.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I placed an order for razors eight days ago and received a confirmation email. Since then, nothing. What, not even a shipment notice in eight days? This is not a company with which I want to do business.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Don't waste your money on any products from this company. They're overpriced crap. On top of that the political views of now coming to play in their advertisements. I'm not here for this company to educate me. On top of that the razors cut the crap out of you when you shave with him. Maybe that's intentional because this company doesn't like men.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Quality of products declined in last years, and now there are better choices on market. Company now has more important priorities than making good razors. I will no longer be using this company products and ask friends and relatives to do the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had been using Gillette for years and they have totally failed with their base. I will never purchase them again. The product has become very cheap and they have sold out their base consumers. Gillette has lost my business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been buying Gillette razors for many years. I have noticed over the last year that the manufacturing process has degraded significantly. I am constantly getting dull or defective razors right out of the package. These razors are nicking and cutting my face during shaving. I am switching to Dollar Shave Club. I will let you know how it goes.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I am girl that has been using Gilette Mach 3 for almost two decades now. For years I’d get a good shave and the blade would last for a decent amount of time. I have A LOT to shave all the time. I bought a new batch of blades last spring, and noticed that they were not effective. Had to go over any area 6-12 times and still have stubble. I don’t got time for that! The worst part is the razor burn I’m getting, and I am a full time stripper, razor burn is not a good look down there!!! The quality of their blades has seriously degraded, I am now forced to look for an alternative. Goodbye Gilette...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been using Gillette Mark 3 for many years now and have been satisfied until now. On my new purchase the blades were so bad that I actually got a better shave from the old blade I had just changed. €10 for four blades that do not do their job, what is this company thinking? Don't they have a team to check the quality? Shame on them, so time for a change.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have been purchasing Gillette products for 25-30 years and have spent thousands of dollars on products. I was a Shave Club member, but now I’m canceling my subscription! You’d think having been a loyal customer for many years, concerns/complaints would be taken seriously! I’ve had issues with their shaving cream, over the years, not dispensing all of the shaving cream before it was empty, but most recently I was bothered when 2 cans were defective after only half the can was dispensed!

I notified Gillette and they promised that my complaint was taken seriously and they promised to send me a coupon which I’d receive in 7-10 business days! Well, I never received a coupon and notified them 29 days or so later! They said they’d send it out again, but I still haven’t received a coupon! At this point, I’ve had it and I’m done with Gillette! The complaint and customer satisfaction is certainly not their concern! I don’t need a coupon to be able to afford their products, but now I’m forced to explore other products! I give a ZERO if I was able to! Thanks Gillette! Now a former customer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I just purchased a Gillette Mach 3 razor. The package states the razor comes with 3 - DuraComfort blades. The package has a clear plastic case where you can clearly see the razor, and a rectangular box about the size of a razor blade box at the bottom of the package. However, when I opened the package, the rectangular box was empty, and the only blade provided was the one on the razor. This package was clearly designed to misrepresent the product, making the purchaser believe that the rectangular box contained the other two blades. I'm so tired of deceptive practices by these huge corporations, and I wish someone will take a stand. I will never purchase a Procter & Gamble product ever again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I've been using Gillette razors for the last 20 years and find everytime they are getting close to releasing a new razor the old ones just are not sharp and dull quickly. I'm pretty sure this is a way to get us to buy the new sharper product at a higher price. Time for a change.

Original review: July 28, 2018

In the advertising they say that they are better and less expensive. Well I don't know what they did but they best go back to the OLD Way of sharpness because they are very bad. I don't have much to shave but I must go over the same places several times and in a day it is like I never shaved. I could go 3 to 4 days with the old blades much better SO The Old Saying You Get what You Pay For. So don't go with the hype. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Stopped buying this product (shaving cream) due to the fact that at least a third of the product gets wasted as there's not enough pressure to squeeze the gel out! I used a kitchen knife to tear into the bottle and found so much gel that could have still been used! Poor design.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have used the Gilette Fusion Razor Blades since they first came out. I thought they were first class. Some of them the blue strip would be gone but still get a good shave. Now the last batch I bought from Costco they are terrible. On the orange card 16 blades. I have shaved for years. I'm 70 years old. These blades do not last. Not worth the money. I have cut myself more than enough. I think you can get a shave from a piece of barb wire. That will be easier on my face than three shaves from these blades. Very poor quality.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

This is not a review of the Hydra Gel but of the product container top. I shave in the shower (as many people do) and to prevent rust marks on the bathroom shelf, I place saving cream/gel containers upside down so that they rest on the plastic top instead of on the metal base. This is impossible with the Hydra Gel container because of the curves on the top. Please Gillette be more practical. Focus on functionality first!

Original review: July 11, 2017

You're throwing money down the drain when you buy Gillette Fusion Razor and Blade Cartridge. Total failure in performance and durability. What was once the best razor system could buy is now a piece of junk. You will be sorry if you buy one. Gillette should be seriously concerned.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I bought a twin pack of Gillette gel and both stop dispense after two-week use. Then I bought a single one, it has the same issue. It stops dispense after 10 dispenses. But there are plenty of gel left in the can. I will never be going to buy this product again and not recommend anyone to buy this gel.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I have used three different cans and I am having the same issue. After barely using the shave gel (on average the fourth/fifth time), the can no longer dispenses any gel. After unwrapping the wrapper to verify the amount of gel left in the can, I can clearly see an abundant amount of excess gel left in the can. I have even weighed the can to confirm all of the unused gel. There is definitely some type of malfunction which is essentially wasting my money. I will no longer buy this product although I was satisfied with the quality of the gel.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

The product gives an excellent shave. However a full can weighs 9.0 oz. An empty can should weigh 3 oz. However when the can stops dispensing product the can weighs 5.1 oz. The second can produced exactly the same results. Gillette is consistent. I have started the third can, results are pending.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The Gillette Mach 3 blades have had an engineering change in the last 6 months (at least in Switzerland). The physical differences are obvious when comparing the old blade to new. The effects are a worse shave. I've bought Gillette blades since they first came out in the early 90's. No more, hello Shave Club.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I bought 3 pack from Costco in Nepean, ON, Canada. One broke when it fell from my bag to ground. It's a shame that a leading brand is using packaging that is so cheap that it breaks on a small fall like standing height. The 2nd one stopped dispensing within few days as gel looked like playdoh and settled at the bottom. While the third one doesn't dispense I am still holding it as a case study on bad design.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

Purchased a 3-pack from BJs wholesale club in Dale City Va and every can ceased dispensing the gel contents within two weeks of product use. I estimate that I threw out 80% of the contents of each of the cans. Apparently this is a very common problem for this product, judging by the number of negative reviews posted. While the cost of the product is not excessive, it is an extremely annoying occurrence to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Unfortunately the rating starts at one star. To do this review correctly, what is needed is minus stars. I have been totally taken advantage of by the Gillette company. Faithfully, for many years I have used their blades and their newest shave gels and adjusted to the newer and newest expensive and more expensive pieces of garbage. The latest is the disgusting YELLOW blades. But, I must admit they are right... they will last up to a month. That is UP TO A MONTH. I barely get one week from these where the other ones I can squeeze two weeks. Blades should and must last at least 3 weeks to a month. Gillette needs some competition and I only hope something will pop up soon before my bank account is drained in blade purchases.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Some months ago I began to buy Gillette Fusion ProGlide gel shaving cream. The first couple of cans seemed to work fine. Then, can number three or so failed to dispense on about the third shave. I continued buying the product nonetheless. In the past 3 to 4 months, only two cans have dispensed all their shaving cream; all the others have stopped dispensing after about two shaves. Because I had never before had to return shaving cream, I have not saved receipts. So, I cannot return the almost full cans, but must simply throw them away.

I will start saving the receipts, and returning the almost always defective cans to the retailer. I have read so many other similar complaints. There is no excuse for Gillette not rectifying this issue immediately. I don't know why they think customers will keep on purchasing the product. Currently I am looking for another product that will perform just as well, and will switch to that product as soon as I determine it is the one for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I have been a long time user of the Gillette blade products. Recently while using the new Mach 5 blade the middle two blades warped while in use. They looked to have a "dent" in the middle of the blade. Before I noticed the damage to the blade I had already begun to use the razor to shave my head. The result was a bloody gash on the side of my head. I had to go into work looking like I had a fight with a Lawn mower... I'll never use this product again. Very disappointed. I trusted Gillette to use stronger, higher quality blades. Even more frustrating is that this was a fresh blade right out of the package!!! Unbelievable.

Original review: July 21, 2016

I bought a set of Gillette Venus razors at Walmart and the razors are missing the part that clicks to the razor. I've lost the receipt so I can't return them. They are so expensive and I can't imagine why the company would let this product out the doors. This makes me so upset, because people work so hard for their money and trust in a product and things like this happen.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I faced with problem when I get my shaving cans from P&G (Gillette shaving) rusted and I received below email when I complained ensure that his cannot rust resistant as they mentioned and they didn't mention in the can anything as caution and when they use tinplate can they were know that it will use in bathroom and didn't use aluminum cans like the others in the same product. Kindly help me to get my right.

Original review: June 27, 2016

Fusion ProGlide Sensitive Shave Gel Is a Complete Waste of Money. I have just read many terrible reviews of this product and I must concur. If the dispenser works at all you are lucky. I already threw away 1 full can because it was a dud. Now the second can has stopped working after 2 shaves. I have the third can left, of a 3-pack I bought at Costco. Gillette, clearly you know this design is a failure. Why are you still selling it? I'm going back to EDGE Gel immediately and I will be sure to share this poor review whenever appropriate. I have not retained the receipt or any pictures, because I would never have thought of returning shaving cream and I would never believe that Gillette would sell such a faulty product. What a terrible disappointment.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Buy a month ago a machine Gillette Fusion razor, use it for four weeks and the knives are already oxidized. Unknowingly kept using it, I thought that these blades were made of stainless steel, is against health, you can give tetanus.

Gillette Company Information