Gillette

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought 3 pack from Costco in Nepean, ON, Canada. One broke when it fell from my bag to ground. It's a shame that a leading brand is using packaging that is so cheap that it breaks on a small fall like standing height. The 2nd one stopped dispensing within few days as gel looked like playdoh and settled at the bottom. While the third one doesn't dispense I am still holding it as a case study on bad design.

Purchased a 3-pack from BJs wholesale club in Dale City Va and every can ceased dispensing the gel contents within two weeks of product use. I estimate that I threw out 80% of the contents of each of the cans. Apparently this is a very common problem for this product, judging by the number of negative reviews posted. While the cost of the product is not excessive, it is an extremely annoying occurrence to deal with.

Unfortunately the rating starts at one star. To do this review correctly, what is needed is minus stars. I have been totally taken advantage of by the Gillette company. Faithfully, for many years I have used their blades and their newest shave gels and adjusted to the newer and newest expensive and more expensive pieces of garbage. The latest is the disgusting YELLOW blades. But, I must admit they are right... they will last up to a month. That is UP TO A MONTH. I barely get one week from these where the other ones I can squeeze two weeks. Blades should and must last at least 3 weeks to a month. Gillette needs some competition and I only hope something will pop up soon before my bank account is drained in blade purchases.

Some months ago I began to buy Gillette Fusion ProGlide gel shaving cream. The first couple of cans seemed to work fine. Then, can number three or so failed to dispense on about the third shave. I continued buying the product nonetheless. In the past 3 to 4 months, only two cans have dispensed all their shaving cream; all the others have stopped dispensing after about two shaves. Because I had never before had to return shaving cream, I have not saved receipts. So, I cannot return the almost full cans, but must simply throw them away.

I will start saving the receipts, and returning the almost always defective cans to the retailer. I have read so many other similar complaints. There is no excuse for Gillette not rectifying this issue immediately. I don't know why they think customers will keep on purchasing the product. Currently I am looking for another product that will perform just as well, and will switch to that product as soon as I determine it is the one for me.

I have been a long time user of the Gillette blade products. Recently while using the new Mach 5 blade the middle two blades warped while in use. They looked to have a "dent" in the middle of the blade. Before I noticed the damage to the blade I had already begun to use the razor to shave my head. The result was a bloody gash on the side of my head. I had to go into work looking like I had a fight with a Lawn mower... I'll never use this product again. Very disappointed. I trusted Gillette to use stronger, higher quality blades. Even more frustrating is that this was a fresh blade right out of the package!!! Unbelievable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gillette?

I bought a set of Gillette Venus razors at Walmart and the razors are missing the part that clicks to the razor. I've lost the receipt so I can't return them. They are so expensive and I can't imagine why the company would let this product out the doors. This makes me so upset, because people work so hard for their money and trust in a product and things like this happen.

I faced with problem when I get my shaving cans from P&G (Gillette shaving) rusted and I received below email when I complained ensure that his cannot rust resistant as they mentioned and they didn't mention in the can anything as caution and when they use tinplate can they were know that it will use in bathroom and didn't use aluminum cans like the others in the same product. Kindly help me to get my right.

Fusion ProGlide Sensitive Shave Gel Is a Complete Waste of Money. I have just read many terrible reviews of this product and I must concur. If the dispenser works at all you are lucky. I already threw away 1 full can because it was a dud. Now the second can has stopped working after 2 shaves. I have the third can left, of a 3-pack I bought at Costco. Gillette, clearly you know this design is a failure. Why are you still selling it? I'm going back to EDGE Gel immediately and I will be sure to share this poor review whenever appropriate. I have not retained the receipt or any pictures, because I would never have thought of returning shaving cream and I would never believe that Gillette would sell such a faulty product. What a terrible disappointment.

Buy a month ago a machine Gillette Fusion razor, use it for four weeks and the knives are already oxidized. Unknowingly kept using it, I thought that these blades were made of stainless steel, is against health, you can give tetanus.

I've bought a set of 3 from Costco. After using each for a 3-5 days they fail to function anymore. About 60-75% of the shaving cream is wasted. The company knows about the issue (check the web for complaints) but is not making efforts to fix the problem.

Seems like in the last 3 years I don't get a good shave like I use to. I have been buying them for the last 20 years. I have tried all the razors that you make. I am going to try one more time. If I don't improve the shave I am not going to buy them anymore. I spend a lot of money on your product. If not improved I will be buying a different brand. Thank you for your time. Have a good day. I don't understand why they don't stay sharp like the use to.

I don't really need to use shaving cream but it's nice to have one. I usually just use water and soap, but unlike water and soap, my Gillette shaving cream moisturizes my skin after I shave. I like the lemony smell my shaving cream has.

I applauded Gillette's re-engineering of the shave gel "can" that was designed to resolve several longstanding issues with shaving cream/gel cans in general; e.g., the inability to keep it clean (rogue dribbling after use), inability to remove the can tops when hands are wet, rusting of the can. The re-engineered model addressed all of those problems and I was actually excited to see the changes. However, the can fails its basic Use Case - dispensing the product. I had purchased a twin-pack and each "can" failed to dispense more than 30% of the gel. How could a large company with presumably excellent product engineers put a product on the market that basically fails to work?

On the Gillette website I found the email address for '"Consumer Care" - consumercare.im@pg.com and wrote them. I received a response in a few days and was offered two free coupons which arrived in the mail the following week. I used the coupons and tried my luck again - same thing for each new "can"! Again I wrote Consumer Care and this time demanded an explanation. They responded and indicated that they believed there was a manufacturing issue that produced minute holes in the bottom that allowed the air to escape. Once again I received a coupon for a free "can".

I'm sure you can guess what happened next - that's right - "can" number 5 in a row failed like the others. I have just written Consumer Care and told them to not bother sending me any more coupons because I am divesting myself from Gillette altogether and will be eager to tell consumers about my experience. I had previously requested to be put in touch with a Senior VP or the head of product engineering, which was ignored. My recommendation - don't waste your money on this product.

The gel is great when it dispenses correctly but being so expensive you want to use as little of it as possible -- and need very little. It seems if you dispense it in small quantities it tends to clog up. Since Gillette -- owned by P&G -- does not have the courtesy to provide an 800 number on their can to call if you need a replacement, there is an even easier way. Take the jammed can to where you bought it and request a free new replacement. Works every time and serves those price gougers right but still a pain in the butt. Wish they'd just fix the cans to dispense cleanly right down to the bottom of the contents which they are charging us so much for.

I bought a can of Gillette Fusion shaving cream. After 2-3 shaves, the can stopped dispensing. I bought another can of the same brand hoping my earlier experience was a one-off. The same thing happened. I will not be buying the product again.

After purchasing 8 pack of these fusion blades, it took weeks to use them one after another. Unfortunately the last 4 blades wouldn't click on to razor leaving me with 4 dud blades! Not happy because having paid for 8, I expect at the price charged that all 8 blades to work. Since I purchased them weeks ago I do not have a receipt. Just wanted to inform you of my disappointment and reluctance to buy any more.

I purchased recently a package of Gillette Fusion blades and three out of the four count size pack were dull. I have used these for about six years and this is the worst I have ever had. I know it may not seem like much but they are eighteen dollars for four. I just wanted to let you know that if I buy more and have the same problem that I will go to a different brand. They are a little cheaper. I do not have a number or manufacture date but I assure you that it is Gillette Fusion.

I am Pawan **, living in Delhi (India). Yesterday (02/15/2016), I purchased 01 pack Gillette cartridge and when I was using that cartridge it was not designed to fit into the cartridge holder. I spent 240 bucks and it was totally wasted, no one can use it. Can you advise me that what should I do?

In 1972 I was awarded a Gillette top 50 High School Football Players in the country. Since that time I have only used Gillette products, I guess as a way of saying thank you for the award when I was 18 years old. As a soon to be 62 year old man, I am ending the relationship with Gillette. I have had to throw out the last 5 cans of shaving cream, despite being half full would not deliver any shaving cream. I will be looking for a new product after 43 years to finish out my last 30 years. Please note my grandsons will follow my lead. I understand that a company as big as yours will not miss my business. However, I do think you care about your product's decline in quality. Thank you for the service over the last 43 years.

I have using these Gilette Sensor 2 Plus razors for number of years now, but the last two purchases have been very disappointing. I was getting about three to five shaves per razor, but now I am lucky to get only one use. I loved the razors at first but now am very disappointed.

A can of Gillette shaving foam manufactured in 05/14 and a use before date of 04/17 exploded in Jan 2016 when my daughter and I were in the bathroom. It covered the whole bathroom and spoiled the walls, spattered us and scared my young daughter. We were thankfully not badly injured and only covered with the foam and scared. I didn't expect this to happen with Gillette and my husband has been a long standing customer. Please let us know why this happened, whether this has happened with the products earlier and what steps you have taken to make amends.

I bought a 3 pack from Costco and was only able to use about a third from the first can before it quit dispensing. I picked up one of the other cans and was surprised as it did not feel much heavier than the first, so I cut the top off the first can and inside is a foil pouch which was nearly full of gel. The weight of the pouch minus the can was 5 oz compared to the net weight of 8.4 printed on the can. The weight of the new can complete is 11 oz. That's a lot of product to throw away! Once the can has been cut open the gel seems to expand and dry up so apart from the mess, it is not usable. Too early to report on the 2 remaining cans as I'm on the second shave of new one. As others seem to be having the same problem I shall return them to Costco and hope they complain to Gillette as it's obvious that Gillette are ignoring customer complaints but maybe they won't ignore Costco?

Several years ago I bought a new can of Gillette shaving gel and was dumbfounded to find nothing came out of the can. After several weeks... I went out and bought another can. Different store. Same thing - nothing dispensed. Can was heavy so not like anyone used it prior. Fast forward a few years to 2015 and said what the heck I will buy another can... They must have fixed it by now. Nope. Can failed to dispense. I've read many other reviews and seems like at least some folks get some product to dispense. My experience has been little to no product is dispensed. Gillette - you lost me as a long term customer.

I just want you to know that I hate these new things and I loved the former razors. I shave every day under my arms and the old razors did a fantastic job - I could feel they were shaving me. But these new movable heads leave me wondering. They don't shave well at all. I hate these new things so don't send me any coupons to buy more. When these are gone I am finished with Gillette, unless you bring back the good ones.

Unfortunately I must report the same complaint others have in regards to Gillette shaving gels. Twice now, I bought 3-packs of the 8.4 ounce cans at COSTCO. In both cases all cans stopped dispensing product after only using one-half to one-third of the can. This failure occurred whether I attempted to use the can when first bought, or after bathroom storage for up to 3 months. There are no expiration dates on these products, so from my view there is a design flaw.

I already stopped buying their razor blades because of their obscene pricing; since I have been reading this same complaint about their shaving gels dating back 3 years, I now will avoid all their shaving products. BTW, their customer service number (8004455388) does not connect you to a person, and hangs up on you, and sending an email complaint to them forces you to give personal information they use to send you P&G spam, otherwise you can't complain. Unacceptable customer service and product.

My first negative experience with the overpriced Gillette razors and blades came when I raised the plastic access panel in order to pick a razor and blades for purchase. An alarm sounded each time a customer tried to access the products. It was as if you have committed a crime if you try to buy the product. Unacceptable! Now razors and blades are packaged in a plastic housing that must be opened at the cash register by sales attendant. This generally results in a lot of confusion and wasted time. I NO LONGER USE GILLETTE. The blade in a new razor always outperforms the other blades that may be included in the package. Corporate greed and product manipulation have given rise to other companies offering shaving solutions that are a lot less expensive.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Sensitive Gel - For the 2nd or 3rd time I buy all things Gillette, razor, gel, blades. It's a smart choice, but they just "can't get right". The shaving gel feels heavy, does not dispense after a few weeks. On this one you can peel off label and see mechanism used and the amount of gel remaining (2/3 of it). I take top off clean, put a sewing needle in outlet, soak in hot water. It basically is dispensing foam slowly not gel. It has hit an air pocket. I bang on it, it never recovers. I replace can of gel, never used all the gel (again and again). This has happened on every can of gel I bought from them.

Like most negative posts about the shaving gel.. I think the product is amazing but continually get less than a handful of shaves before it quits dispensing. 3 out of last 5 cans. The last can I held down for several tries... a puffy cloudy film oozed out after I left all over sink. Put in bag while still foaming. Gonna have to move in to something else.

Gillette blades are expensive but we've always been loyal customer. 4 for about 25 bucks. My bf put on a brand new blade to shave this morning thinking it is the same as always and went straight to shaving but was so sharp that he didn't feel it cutting his face in 3 separate places. When it started bleeding he looked at the blade and it was all mess up. This should not happen. Left us wondering how they inspect their finish product?? We want our money back! This sucks! Make sure to look at the blade before purchasing and using or this can happen to you too. It took a chunk out of his face... still stuck in the blade.

Comfort Advantage Shave Gel - For the second straight time, the can ran out of pressure with nearly half of contents still in the can. E.g., a full can weighs 330 g, the net weight is supposed to be 238 g. So an empty can should weigh 92 g. My cans stopped working when they reached 200 g. This is unacceptable. I purchased these in a 3-pack at Costco.

Gillette Company Profile