3.50/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

VIPRE Security

VIPRE Security is an antivirus software company that provides the ultimate protection against malware and ransomware. Their products safeguard personal data and business networks from dangerous threats on PCS, Macs and other devices. VIPRE is easy to install, has a simple interface and is one of the world’s leading authorities on antivirus testing.

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

VIPRE Security Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had the lifetime subscription of Vipre on my last computer and it was fantastic. I was hooked on Windows 7 and resisted the change to Windows 10 as long as I could. My 9-year-old computer finally died and had to get a new one and it came with Windows 10. There seems to be an incompatibility issue however with my Vipre subscription running with Windows 10. Maybe after my current antivirus subscription expires, I'll attempt to go back to Vipre with the hopes that the incompatibility issues will have been ironed out by then.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Immediately after installing the software for VIPRE, I had issues opening anything in Foxfire and Internet Explorer. The issues were so bad that I had to uninstall the program before I could use my computer to access the internet. I have never been more dissatisfied with any program I have ever used. At this point, if asked, I will advise anyone to NOT use VIPRE!

Curt,

I am sorry to hear about your experience last year with our product and apologize for your experience. While we strive for excellence in all we do, occasionally we have situations that fall short. If there is anything we can do to make this right, please feel free to email us. All the best, Kimberly

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I received a message that there was an update for Vipre and the software would not let me out until I selected to update. I selected to update and my laptop crashed. This happened on a Friday night but couldn't get support until Monday morning. The tech I spoke with told me there was problem with my internet and sent me a file so he could remote into my PC. I couldn't see the emails he sent and he said he couldn't help me without accessing my laptop. So I went to my Windows store and they said something got corrupted with the Vipre update. They had my laptop for 2 days, cleaning, and restoring it. I also had them remove Vipre and I requested and received a refund.

VIPRE Security response

Paulette, We apologize for your experience. We know how frustrating it is when your computer is unavailable and how precious your data is--for that we sincerely apologize. We have since updated our product and have been reviewed as a 5-star product on independent reviews. While we realize it is probably too late, we wanted you to know we take your concerns very seriously. All the best, Kimberly

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My previous place of employment introduced me to VIPRE. They networked over two hundred computers and had no problems once VIPRE was installed. I chose to install VIPRE on my home computer 5 years ago and I've had no security problems since using VIPRE.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

They have been very affordable and legal. They can help correct any problem and they review things regularly. They have not created any problems for me and my computer. Our local computer repair/service business recommended VIPRE to their customers and I was so happy that VIPRE makes me feel safer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VIPRE Security?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Although I had downloaded VIPRE Antivirus and renewed for over a period of six years, I noted that my version was "2016" so I contacted customer help. The technician walked me through the steps needed to UPDATE my version. This was simple and got my computer straightened out very quickly!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Been a long time user, mostly interested in Vipre because its adaptive firewall. But like with most of the established software, it's getting worse every major revision. Latest version is the worst, for example there are no possibility for "stealth mode", because the ** popups are disruptive for both my work and hobbies (such as eSports). For a power user such as myself, this is unacceptable and you obviously are trying to make this into a more "idiot proof" software (and like in almost every other example in the world, it never works, it just gets worse for everyone). This will be my last subscription and I'm forced to move into something else, such as NOD32 which I know from experience can run in stealth mode without any annoying popups and messages.

VIPRE Security response

Hi Markku, Thanks for your feedback and we do take this seriously. We know about the issue you brought up and have strived to provide a world-class system. Since then, you will be happy to know that we are now a 5-star product as reviewed by independent third party sites. We take your feedback seriously and apologize for your experience. Have a great day.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I use VIPRE antivirus software for a number of years now and I can definitely say it has worked just fine so far! I am happy with the product and I see no reason, for the time being, to migrate to some other antivirus provider for my Windows operated computer. Highly recommended!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I am running Win 7 and needed to download and install a windows patch to activate all the functions of the latest Vipre Software. Now my computer runs slower than before. Not too happy about this issue. If I would have known that I would have to install other software just to make this one work I would not have done so.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I would like to be able to monitor what is being scanned like Norton displays as it scans. I would like to be able to set the computer to turn off at the end of the scan (like Norton). I am not sure it is monitoring every potential threat.

VIPRE Security Company Information