3.7/5 (203 ratings)

About Brother Printers

Brother Printers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brother Printers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brother Printers?

Original review: April 20, 2022

Unlike previous 3-pack LC101CL color cartridges I’ve bought, these ones don’t have the plastic locking seal device. The last pack bought last week ran dry during the cleaning and alignment process so I was unable to print a single page! I returned that pack to Amazon and replaced them with a second pack. The new pack is already 1/3 used before printing even a single page.

My Brother printer screen shows ctgs should all (black, cyan, magenta, blue) have the lock in place when new. In the past, every cartridge had the seal lock. My video shows them without locks still in the sealed bag. This is why the ink is already half empty before opening the new packet because the seal lock is missing! The lock seals the ink in. Terrible and expensive waste of my time (and Amazon's). And these are genuine Brother products with official barcode smart sticker on the top!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I know how to use my hands, so I bought a ink kit to fill up my cartridges. Thing is I filled them up, they worked fine, but the small chip on the cartridges just said "hey you've been printing more than I'm supposed to be able to provide... Sooo nop, I'll block this cartridge". So I couldn't print anymore even though the cartridge was full of ink. But at this point, I do need to print, so I will buy a "machine" that can reset the small chip on the cartridge. Google ;) Brother... Sell me something good, refills for fair price, and you'll have me as a customer for life. You're greedy, you lost me, and many others. Bye :)

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I purchased this printer online from Staples.ca and was quite happy with its performance. But when it ran out of paper I refilled it correctly and the light said it was ready. But when I tried to print, nothing happened. It was three days after the one year warranty expired. No explanation. I checked that there was no paper jam and it was all fine inside. I had not even used up the ink in the drum provided, so it had not had very heavy use. But since the warranty was expired, I had no choice but to take it to electronic recycling and order a new one.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Both reps I talked to tried to be helpful but neither was knowledgeable enough to solve the problem. When I searched on “driver unavailable” I quickly saw that the driver needed to be updated and was able to do that in minutes. This is something any rep should know about. And it doesn’t inspire confidence when there are long silences while the rep is looking through the manual.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I will NEVER buy another Brother product! There is NO SERVICE CENTER WITHIN 500 MILES OF ME that can work on my product! They will NOT supply parts. They will NOT supply manuals or technical information. They have ZERO support for repairs. If you call the customer support number, you will spend HOURS waiting for someone to talk to. All you will get is an automated menu that takes you nowhere! Every support company that they had listed for Tucson, Arizona is out of business, (Which is no real surprise) and when I call their factory support center in Phoenix, they can't work on my equipment. They only do printers, now.

That leaves me with trying someplace in California. Whatever you are buying, purchase it from a company that actually has a real support network in place to keep their products operating.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

This has been a great printer for 7 years, although with little use (~17000 pages). It now has a damaged fuser roller. Brother will not sell "internal parts" to the public. My nearest dealer is 80 miles away and this printer is heavy. I am competent and will repair it myself. But Brother will not sell me the part or provide documentation. I will be repairing it using third party spares and a manual that I found on the web.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

We purchased a Brother's HL-2395DW. Our kids are at home on online schooling. Today I went to scan homework. The scanner did not work on my computer which was set up to the printer, my husband which was also set up the printer. We then tried 4 other computers a mix of Apple and Samsung and Asus. None of the computer worked. We then called Brother's support. The support is offshore and we were told to pay $100.00 to have all our computers scripted to work on Brother's HL2395DW scanner. We declined and returned the printer. It is my thoughts that Brother's hired computer programmers in India to program people computers for an additional $100.00. I do not recommend this printer. I purchased at the time of purchase the extended warranty. The Brother's offshore tech person told us the warranty does not cover the scripting of our computers. Buyer beware. Do not buy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Got the printer home and set up. Attempted to configure wi-fi set up. Machine found the network instantly. When I entered the network key I was stopped after 8 digits. Looked everywhere in the manuals, forums, YouTube, you name it, nothing about field length for the password. Had to wait the weekend to contact support just to be told, eventually, that I have to change the network key ON EVERY DEVICE I OWN, because the printer only takes 10 digits. No, IT ONLY TAKES 8. Why would you make a system with an 8 digit max password file? Ridiculous!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have owned a Brother MFC-L3750CDW laser scanner printer for two years and had been happy with the performance and reliability. The machine was able to accept OEM toner cartridges and worked reliably and economically. After almost 2 years service, the printer became faulty and it was not worth having it repaired so I purchased a new one. As I had just replaced all the toner cartridges I removed them from the old machine and saved them to use in the new one.

I purchased the identical model as it had been very successful and after just 8 weeks the black tones ran out. I now find that the current firmware in the printer will not allow anything except a brand new, full manufacturer original toner cartridge at 3 or 4 times the OEM cost. WITHOUT ANY WARNING. Brother's answer to my complaint was "that is correct"! This is the last time I will purchase any Brother product, their attitude stinks!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I like my printer (MFC 2750 Ldwxl) overall but was having problems with set up. I called Brother customer service and was clearly speaking with someone in India who diagnosed my problems as being caused by spyware on my iMac. I was then transferred to someone else (clearly in India) who gave me a hard sell on some reputed "network monitoring" service through a company called Axiom. They wanted an immediate payment of $299.99 for a year’s worth of some poorly specified monitoring. I declined their offer and ended the conversation. Never got a resolution of the problem I originally called about. I don’t know if Brother is aware or concerned about what happens to their customers who call for assistance.

Brother Printers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Brother is a technology company that was originally developed and headquartered in Nagoya Japan in 1908. Today, the company is known for making imaging devices, including printers, faxes and more.

• Mobile options: Brother is one of the few companies that sells individuals mobile printers that can be used on the go.

• Ink options: The company has a wide variety of products available, including laser printers in black and white, and inkjet printers in black and white.

• Award winning: Brother printers regularly win overall satisfaction awards from customers in PCMag.com's Readers' Choice Awards, which means that customers tend to be satisfied overall with the printers that the company makes.

• Environmental programs: Brother has launched environmental programs in the U.S. and globally in order to ensure that their environmental footprint is as small as possible. The company's sustainable efforts include things like eco-friendly product development and used-product collection programs.

• Specialized options: Brother creates and sells very specialized products like high-capacity garment printers, which most printing companies do not sell.

Brother Printers Company Information