2. Miscellaneous

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Belkin manufacturers consumer electronics designed to make remote work easier. Products include cables, adapters, adapters and home automation devices plus accessories for computers, phones, smartwatches and tablets. Belkin provides free ground shipping and a 90-day return policy with purchases.

Belkin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belkin?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belkin?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I had a power surging in my house, it burnt and one of my surge protector caught fire from the surge, I talked to their third world customer service person. He asked for the model number and what happened, I explained to him and he said I can have all my power surge replaced and would call me back in a day or so. He should have told me to save it and I could have sent it back to them.. The surge protector smells really awful and it would give me an headache. So took pictures of the model number and the picture of one burned surge protector.

Since it was rubbish day, I ended up throwing all 6 away, now he called back and told me that I should have saved it so they want to examine it. No one told me from the first phone call!!! Now I can't have it replace!!! Just the one that got burned that I sent the picture, WELL IF ALL MINE FAILED THEN THERE MUST BE AN ISSUE RIGHT??? I hope people reading this doesn't have their house burned down because of this BELKIN brand surge protector didn't stop it from burning!!! I forgot to say mine started popping and smoking at 3;30am in the morning!! I was lucky I got up and sprayed it with a fire Extinguisher and called 911. I was terrified and nothing like this ever happened to me! Now I really don't trust this product!! Well this is not a make up story, I have the 911 call and fire truck got dispatched to my place!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Never had so bad customer service. They dont listen to the customer and keep asking for the same documents. In total 3 times for a purchase order. Their solutions was to the return all the Wemos and not only the one that has a defect. Because there was nothing in stock they would refund me the invoice amount.

This all costed me more time and money than they refund amount. Never again!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

All I was trying to find out was the Voltage and Amperage of the power supply of the switch. The customer service guy wouldn't help me unless I produced my phone number, name, and email address. IT WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION!! Terrible company that outsources their employee customer service relations to a different country.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Belkin PF60 did not protect. Repair costs not reimbursed. Belkin Protector didn't protect my TV & Home Theater System from power spike. TV repairs $286, Home theater shot $484, Surge Protector shot $194, shipping $66. MY LOSS $1030!!! Reimbursed ONLY $214!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I contacted Belkin about a replacement screen protector for my iPhone, they did not have any in stock so I was told I would receive a refund within 30 days. It has been over a 2 months, I called today to follow up and was told that the check had only been processed a day or two ago and it would take at least another week or two for the check to make it to me. This is horrible customer service, do not tell I will receive something in 30 days if this is untrue.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I tried to buy 2 cables online, the purchase never go through and they charge me 4 times the same amount in my debit card. I call the customer service 4 time and I still waiting for my money back in my debit card. They have my money in holding for 3 weeks right now and always said, "Your case is moving. Give us 24 hours."

Original review: April 24, 2019

They do not read their own case notes when you have a problem. Their staff when you call technical support do not know what they are doing and are reading off a screen. They send emails that are not correct because again they do not read their own people's case notes when you have an issue. It took 6 hours to get 3 of their WeMo Insight switches to work. I am an engineer for goodness sake. These are simple devices yet they have the hardware, software and firmware screwed up. Their own people do not know what the hell they are doing.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have a small N300 wireless extender that stopped working after about 3 years. While on their website a chat continued coming up so I finally started it and after 2 sentences she asked for a phone number so that a tech can call me. Hmm which company gives you FREE tech support for a 3 year old 30.- device? But I had him call me and first thing he connected to my computer which I never like. And then he pulled up a network log showing me all these problems of "bad stuff" getting into my network and that's why the N300 doesn't work anymore. Then the sales pitch for 150.- he can clean out the network and upgrade the network software and that is just for the product as his service is free.... BS!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Belkin pride itself and advertise its surge protectors while stating that it guarantees the devices connected to them. Following a series of surge events in my house last year, I made a modest claim for the damaged surge protectors and a few damaged devices. Belkin did all it can do in order to make the claim process confusing and hard, once I did claim, they refuse to deal with that by using various excuses and change the claim procedures all the time. In short, it appears they have no intention to honor their commitment. Overall, it was highly unpleasant contacting the company's representatives and all refused providing me with an email address of the management (of the claim department for example) as repeatedly requested.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have to say I am very disappointed and was very hurt by behavior of the Belkin products agent in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The name of the company representing you is Zvuk i Slika, Sarajevo. I bought in January the iPad and Belkin keypad in your office in Sarajevo, the company name is Zvuk i Slika, BBI, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. After 2 weeks, the little handle on the keyboard was broken. Although, all the time from the beginning as I bought the keyboard, it was barely flipped inside and hopped the iPad out of the shield for a few times. Crackdown occurred happened when I was working on a keyboard without a touch of a keyboard.

I contacted the company that is your representative, but to my tremendous disappointment I got this email: "PLEASE, when you write to anyone, Apple, Belkin, Tax Administration, Consumer Protection Institute, my dad Rahmetli... EVERYONE! Do not forget to capture the image of the account and the image of the device you are advertising. The keyboard is completely correct, there is PHYSICAL Damage that is not subject to warranty anywhere in the world or even with us. A picture of the current status of your device as well as a copy of your account's serial number will send you colleagues you have for further use." I think this is a very offensive behavior towards to the buyer, and then I think the sale of a very low quality keyboard to me is very damaging according to the price I paid. I did not get any answer yet.

Belkin Company Information