3.7/5 (305 ratings)

About Belkin

Belkin manufacturers consumer electronics designed to make remote work easier. Products include cables, adapters, adapters and home automation devices plus accessories for computers, phones, smartwatches and tablets. Belkin provides free ground shipping and a 90-day return policy with purchases.

Belkin Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belkin?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Belkin?

Original review: June 13, 2019

I tried to buy 2 cables online, the purchase never go through and they charge me 4 times the same amount in my debit card. I call the customer service 4 time and I still waiting for my money back in my debit card. They have my money in holding for 3 weeks right now and always said, "Your case is moving. Give us 24 hours."

Original review: April 24, 2019

They do not read their own case notes when you have a problem. Their staff when you call technical support do not know what they are doing and are reading off a screen. They send emails that are not correct because again they do not read their own people's case notes when you have an issue. It took 6 hours to get 3 of their WeMo Insight switches to work. I am an engineer for goodness sake. These are simple devices yet they have the hardware, software and firmware screwed up. Their own people do not know what the hell they are doing.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I have a small N300 wireless extender that stopped working after about 3 years. While on their website a chat continued coming up so I finally started it and after 2 sentences she asked for a phone number so that a tech can call me. Hmm which company gives you FREE tech support for a 3 year old 30.- device? But I had him call me and first thing he connected to my computer which I never like. And then he pulled up a network log showing me all these problems of "bad stuff" getting into my network and that's why the N300 doesn't work anymore. Then the sales pitch for 150.- he can clean out the network and upgrade the network software and that is just for the product as his service is free.... BS!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Belkin pride itself and advertise its surge protectors while stating that it guarantees the devices connected to them. Following a series of surge events in my house last year, I made a modest claim for the damaged surge protectors and a few damaged devices. Belkin did all it can do in order to make the claim process confusing and hard, once I did claim, they refuse to deal with that by using various excuses and change the claim procedures all the time. In short, it appears they have no intention to honor their commitment. Overall, it was highly unpleasant contacting the company's representatives and all refused providing me with an email address of the management (of the claim department for example) as repeatedly requested.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have to say I am very disappointed and was very hurt by behavior of the Belkin products agent in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The name of the company representing you is Zvuk i Slika, Sarajevo. I bought in January the iPad and Belkin keypad in your office in Sarajevo, the company name is Zvuk i Slika, BBI, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. After 2 weeks, the little handle on the keyboard was broken. Although, all the time from the beginning as I bought the keyboard, it was barely flipped inside and hopped the iPad out of the shield for a few times. Crackdown occurred happened when I was working on a keyboard without a touch of a keyboard.

I contacted the company that is your representative, but to my tremendous disappointment I got this email: "PLEASE, when you write to anyone, Apple, Belkin, Tax Administration, Consumer Protection Institute, my dad Rahmetli... EVERYONE! Do not forget to capture the image of the account and the image of the device you are advertising. The keyboard is completely correct, there is PHYSICAL Damage that is not subject to warranty anywhere in the world or even with us. A picture of the current status of your device as well as a copy of your account's serial number will send you colleagues you have for further use." I think this is a very offensive behavior towards to the buyer, and then I think the sale of a very low quality keyboard to me is very damaging according to the price I paid. I did not get any answer yet.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My Belkin iPhone cable was broken, with friendly help from the customer service I got a new one without any problem! Super happy with it, and a super good Belkin service! Belkin.com USA thank you for the good service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

After speaking to my internet provider, and no results other than - they could see that both devices were online. BUT for some reason after troubleshooting with them it still didn't work. No Internet. So, now I needed tech support from Belkin, because my router and modem (brand new) could not connect to each other. I was told after 1 year warranty the 24/7 customer support is for website support NOT phone support. I would have to pay either $25.99 for 14 days or $39.99 for 6 months for tech support to assist me over the phone... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I will not purchase another product from this company. Worse service ever.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I purchased a Belkin Valet Charge dock for my iPhone 6S and Apple Watch a while back. I recently upgraded to an iPhone XS, and it refuses to charge. I called Belkin and they provided two options: 1) If it was purchased within 6 months, and you have the receipt, you can get a full reimbursement. 2) If it is older than 6 months, you can return the unit for a 50% off code on the new model that is not even promised to show up, and the price is unknown. The new units should be shipped out to all existing consumers that have the unit facing this issue, or the 50% code should be issued without having to return the defective/not functioning unit.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have the Linksys wifi extender model RE6300. I purchased this product new from Walmart Aug 2017 and I purchased it because on the box it states "24/7 customer support". I still have the box. I continuously have wifi issues and needed TECH support but I was told after 1 year warranty the 24/7 customer support is for a website support not phone support. I would have to pay either $29.99 for 14 days or $39.99 for 6 months for tech support to assist me over the phone. This is false advertising and this company needs to be called out for it. I spoke to a supervisor and he informed that many other people have the same complaint. I asked him to please pass on my dissatisfaction to higher ups in the company in regards to this product and tech support. I will never purchase another Linksys product because of this. Do yourself a favor. Don't buy these products, they are a ripoff. Read the reviews!!!! Beware!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

If you want a truly unique experience in the worst HDMI cables on the market, then Belkin is for you! I have bought several of these cables now, and every time within three months of use, the cable will completely stop working and won't even register it has been plugged in. It also has a great habit of ripping out its connector inside my laptop, so I then have part of the cable stuck in the laptop's HDMI port. If you think you are paying for a "quality product" as advertised when buying one of these cables, then think again! Belkin is only here to waste your time and take your money.

Original review: May 28, 2018

We outfitted our new house with WeMo light switches and plugs, fourteen in all. At any given two are not recognized by Wemo, requiring physical reset. We got Wemo to coordinate with Amazon Alexa. More often than not, a switch or two is not recognized by Alexa. Often we have to tell Alexa to turn on device, then turn off the device and then turn on again to make it work. We travel a lot and like the Away Mode, however there is no way to reset a Wemo device when we are traveling. Yes, we have reset, reinstalled and all the other tricks Belkin recommends. All to no avail, problems persist. Again, Wemo is a great idea, it just doesn't work very well.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered a USB hub (F4U088tt) for my iMac. The USB-C/Lightning Bolt cable that attaches to the hub continually falls out. I even contacted Belkin and they sent a replacement, the wrong replacement (F4U073tt). I let them know it was wrong product and have yet to be called back. Their customer support seem to only have their script to go by and do not wish to process anything other than what the script calls for when speaking with them on the phone.

Their equipment is cheaply made as evidenced by the cable/cord FALLING OUT of the hub connector on two different hubs (the original and the replacement). Belkin charges way too much for their products to have such garbage. Their products are cheap China garbage, but with the price tag of retail US. To top it all, when I gave a "review" on their website they refused to publish the review because it made their product look bad. What good are reviews if the company only accepts good ones? Nothing about Belkin is quality. Apple should refuse to do business with them and I will let Apple know my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We paid about $50 for our Belkin router, worked great until just recently. We called customer service because our router, after 2 years, had slowed down significantly and after calling our internet provider and running tests they told us to call Belkin and ask them to switch our router channel from auto to 1,6 or 11. Well, we call for them to tell us they can't help us unless we pay $29 to extend our warranty. All they could do over and over again, is apologize and tell me all they can do is offer me the warranty or if I want to, I can purchase another Belkin router... ha! That is never going to happen. I looked up how to change the channel myself. It was literally the click of a button. $29 for a 3 month warranty so you can click your mouse, no thanks. I will never buy from Belkin again. I have never been so frustrated talking to someone in CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Bought this Belkin signal expander N300 several years ago, got it set up with a few problems but then seemed to work fine extending the EE signal to areas of the home which previous I had to use a wired connection. However... now changed internet provider and the Belkin will not reset, go back to factory setting, basically will not connect to the new BT route. It continues to show the old router on the list of computers and gives an orange flashing light. I have referred to my original instruction disk but cannot open "Belkin.range" on my browser.

Tried phoning, waste of time, first option for tech services gave an 0844 number then cut me off. Two further attempts via the operator, option 0, put me to a line which was such a poor quality I could not hear the options. Then when I finally spoke to a lady, the line quality and delay made it impossible to have a comprehensive conversation. They do not seem to provide a chat option. Product okay, but don't look for support!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The customer support/technical support I just received was of very poor quality. Instead of trying to help me troubleshoot the product that I purchased from this company, the representative tried upselling a new device. He suggested that because my router is so old I would need to start over. Or, and here's the reason for my review, I could pay a small fee for him to help me. It's one thing to say my router is old and outdated, I need to buy a new one period, because there's no troubleshooting it. It's another thing to say you actually can help me, but for a small fee. This is ludicrous! I paid for a Belkin, and I should receive technical support complimentary for purchasing this product!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I have got to say that I have received the most horrible customer service ever from Belkin. Not only did I have to repeat myself several times that I have already done all the troubleshooting, but they persistently lied to me about what I said. I even told the person that he was not listening to me and he just kept repeating himself with the same commands. I told him several times that I was following the commands.

When I finally got to the customer service team about a replacement, they were nice and apologetic. However, they still wanted a CC from me. There is no way that I am going to provide that and have them charge me for anything. It is not my fault that the product was a default. I wish that I would have researched this product before I bought it! If I would have seen the negative reviews that are so similar to mine, I would not have bought it. Please keep in mind that I have worked in customer service for over 10 years. I did not appreciate the level of customer service received.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I do not have an issue with the quality of Belkin's products or their ability to protect my valuable electronics equipment and wireless network. What I have an issue with is when technical support blatantly lies to me and gives me technical advice that is totally useless. A thunderstorm struck the area in which I live several days ago. The Belkin surge protector took the hit and it fried the SAD and MOV levels of protection and the unit clearly needed to be replaced. I get that. I have an issue with a technician that tries to evade my direct questions and lies about it.

"Do you work for Belkin?" The reply I was given was yes. "Are you going to try to sell me a bill of goods such as anti-spyware, anti-malware or the like?" "No sir," was the response. "What do you recommend I purchase as a replacement? How many joules do you recommend to protect my wireless Belkin A/B router Wi-Fi network that is tied directly to a 18 mb A, T & T Arris modem?" Evaded all of my questions, tried to sell me two different anti-malware and spyware packages and didn't even work for Belkin.

He was a D-Link technician. I simply disabled my system after he told me several lies and gave me worthless technical advice. Belkin's technical support is horrid. I am fine with any surge protector that kills a transient voltage spike in its tracks. I understand enough about EE theory to figure it out. I installed the system myself. Just give me a straight answer when I ask a question.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Belkin N600 Dual-Band Plug-In Wi-Fi Router - Will not open HTTP:// router or HTTP://192.168.2.1. Called tech support - got a lady from India and could not understand her. I do not speak Hindi. Asked for an English speaking person, because that is a law in the USA. Was told no one available. Will return this product and not do business with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Lightning Audio +Charge Rockstar 4" WHT - I received this part today and it doesn't work! Been on to customer service for over two hours but just kept being put on hold! Nothing sorted! Would never touch them again!! What a rubbish firm they are!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

They make terribly cheap products in order to charge you for support when the "warranty" expires. Don't expect anything from them. They have no intention of providing a quality product, only to squeeze every penny from you by creating products to fail. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I ordered an expensive cable from Belkin on Dec 10 and paid $1 for 2nd day delivery. The item was in stock and Belkin's stated policy is to ship within 24 hours. Belkin sent me a confirmation email on the 10th. On the 13th I called asking for the tracking number. Despite the email in my inbox Belkin claimed I ordered the item on the 12th. UPS cannot confirm the tracking number. I will not do business with them in the future. Dishonest company.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I bought a Belkin Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter from Amazon in Sept 2014. A few months later it stopped working. Amazon told me to contact Belkin directly, which I did. After a somewhat tedious discussion with customer support, shipped the damaged item back to Belkin (at my own expense) and they sent me a replacement (cheaper-looking by the way). Less than 6 months later, the replacement dies. I contact Belkin again, who tells me that there is no guarantee on a replacement!!! More tedious discussion, and I finally obtain for that one to be replaced. I send the broken item back to them at my expense again and they send me another one (different model again), which died after 3 months! I gave up and bought from another brand, one that, unfortunately lasted me... 2 months!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

I bought a Belkin router 4 weeks ago. When I called the company to do the setup we could never do the set up right so the speed of my internet went from 115 to 18 with the router. No wifi. I called several times. The last time it took 4 hours. I could not download the upgrade software. These people from other country very difficult to understand. Could not help me do anything. Now I have to return the router and buy a router through the cable company which is what I should have done to start with. Trying to save money, I wasted the $200 that I spent in the router. Never again.

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2016

Everything went smoothly. Received my replacement Belkin Mini Surge about 2 weeks ago, and upon reviewing my credit card transactions, the hold for the new product never became a charge (Yay! All good.) Everything works fine. Wonderful overall experience.

Original review: July 19, 2016

The product issue: I loved this product from the day I bought it. 2 USB ports, three grounded plug-in spots for other devices and it was all on a single swivel three-prong plug for wherever your power source happened to be. It worked great for travel and work, but then the swiveling plug kept starting to pop out a bit. No bueno. Eventually, I lost the prongs (I might find them by end of day) after they fully popped out of the encasing and I couldn't put it back together. My surge protector was finally defunct. So, today in doing personal chores I came across the box for my Belkin Mini Surge Protector box for my sadly "departed" (and by that, I mean broken) device and saw that my Belkin product has a "Lifetime Warranty." Awesome! So I called the number I found on the website.

The customer service experience: Interestingly, I was helped by a wonderful girl named Heaven. I told her about the product defect and I truly felt she went above and beyond. My Belkin surge protector had been broken for a few months now, I just hadn't tossed it. I almost felt guilty because they were being so helpful to replace it! But, after learning it was covered by the warranty, I was pretty excited.

The return process: Per Belkin's website, one has to speak with a phone representative before getting an item replaced or returned. They have two options for replacement when it's deemed your item is defective: Basic and Advanced (I think it was called advanced). With Basic, you go to the post office and return your item to them (you pay for postage), and when they receive it, they'll send you a new one. With Advanced, which I chose, they send you the product immediately and put a hold on a credit card equal to the value of the product, which gets removed once they receive your old product. You receive the product within 1-2 business days. Seemed like the better option to me, versus waiting forever for a replacement. And I put it on a credit card which notifies me of every transaction. Anyway, now I'm just waiting for the product (I called last night), but I was super pleased with whole process.

Original review: July 14, 2016

The customer call to India resulted in my being told that my PC had the Zeus Virus and that was causing my router not to work. The Belkin support guy set me up with another service tech at Cisco to remove the virus. I was smart to not take the bait, he was charging me $150 to remove the virus. I spent the next day running virus checks with the help of a support service I had. The virus did not exist, they lied and my router still doesn't work.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Just watched my second Belkin router die in the past 3 years... Called "tech support", was told that my 2-year warranty ended 2 months ago and I need special approval to receive a replacement. After arguing and screaming at some Indian people (first guy barely spoke English so I had to hang up and call back) for about 2 hours. I received the authorization!!! Amazing! Then all I needed to do was pay for shipping and give them my credit card number to keep on file. Easy peazy... Why don't I just send over my social security number and my dead grandfather's ashes! Soooo after another 30 min of screaming... I was told to calm down because quote unquote they are doing me a favor by replacing my second broken router instead of what they did last time which was tell me to buy a new one. I believe this is their normal response when customers call to discuss why all their Belkin products are malfunctioning.

So 4 hours into dealing with "Customer support" I had finally screamed, yelled, cursed, and complained enough to receive a replacement router, shipped at Belkin's expense with no credit card on file needed. So in the end I guess I won... but I was told many times about how many exemptions and favors they were making on my behalf. It's nice to know that this company is willing to take care of their customers... if they throw a 2-year-old style tantrum for 4 hours. DO NOT BUY BELKIN!!! IF YOU DO... YOU WILL PAY... AGAIN AND AGAIN... AND AGAIN.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I purchased a pair of Belkin earphones last December from a local retailer. I got it on sale which I thought was a good bargain even though it was still priced at the high-end. But, with just a few months of use, the quality of the sound started to deteriorate having static noises until it won't play anymore. I went back to the retailer together with the receipt to have it replaced due to a factory defect.

I handed the item to the guy on the store to have it checked then told me that it was way beyond the 7-day replacement of the store. I insisted that Belkin products have a 1-year manufacturer's warranty as mentioned before when I purchased it so he told me that he would check on that. He came back giving me the run-around that the jack has already deteriorated voiding the manufacturer's warranty. So much for a product that clamors for quality but won't even last half a year of regular use. I'd rather get those no-frills earphones from Japan Home Store than spending a larger sum for an item that won't last for 6 months.

Original review: June 12, 2016

Both of the keyboard pads came loose and fell off. I called Belkin support and after 20 minutes they said "no support will be offered" and the magnets that hold the Belkin keyboard to the iPad are weak and insecure. Bought from Amazon for $132. No more Belkin for me!

Original review: May 29, 2016

When I purchased an iPad Air 2 a little more than a year ago, I wanted a keyboard case for it. I checked out the reviews and chose the case I was led to believe would be the best choice for me - Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case. As a Canadian, my challenges began because the product was not yet available in Canada. Belkin in the U.S. would not send it to me and so the only way I could purchase it was to have it sent to a relative in the U.S. who mailed it to me. Hence, I ended up paying postage twice. From the beginning I had difficulty pairing the keyboard case with my iPad Air 2. The connection was unstable. I contacted the Belkin technicians who did not help or admit to me that many of the keyboards are defective. Since I had purchased the product in the U.S., I then repeatedly looked for online support on blogs and did find a little help from others with similar problems.

After many months of stress with it, when the keyboard started going into reverse in the middle of my typing and sometimes stopped working in the middle of an email, I decided to contact Belkin a second time. I explained my history with the keyboard with an agent in the Philippines who admitted to me that the keyboard was likely defective and that many people had had difficulties with these keyboards. He offered to replace it, but, when he received a photocopy of my receipt, informed me that he had checked with his immediate superior and that I would not be receiving a replacement since I was beyond the warranty period. Not even this exceptional situation would be considered, even though I informed the agent that, if that was Belkin's response, I would never purchase a Belkin product again. And I NEVER WILL purchase a Belkin product again.

After a little research, I am now the proud owner of a Zagg Rugged Book for iPad Air 2. Wow!!! What an amazing difference! I now have a quality keyboard case... no connectivity issues, durable silicone rubber protection for my iPad, an amazingly strong magnet to make sure that the keyboard does not separate from the iPad, the ability to set my iPad at a myriad of viewing angles rather than just two with the Belkin, 4 modes of viewing (keyboard, case, video and book modes)... I could go on and on. After a year of stress and an expensive lesson, I am finally happy.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I can describe this company in three words: "piece of **". The tech support is trash. They're non English (proper English) speaking workers in India who only want to take over your computer to either hack your passwords, or bank account info while charging you a fee to fix a problem that takes them over 45 mins, which can actually be done in 5. NEVER use Belkin products unless you have a fetish for annoyance. Someone should really report these people to BBB and have them investigated.

Belkin Company Information