Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Unsubscribe at any time.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: April 25, 2020

Justin, from New Brunswick, was amazing. He answered all my questions, fixed all the issues, and gave me and my family the best deals and reduced our monthly bill charges. I wish every customer service person is like him! He truly cares about customer satisfaction and just wanted to help.

Original review: April 11, 2020

This is an old school phone which is going to be extremely hard to find these days, but when it comes to phones, I like to keep it old school and reliable. An old neighbor from the place where they made me move from had this exact same make & model but with a slightly different carrier (Sprint)... It looks like at least some other people would like this kind of zone for a phone between a deluxe touch screen phone and the 1-dimensional flip phone, but they were sadly phased out by the rotten industry.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 9, 2020

This is a great service provider and the plan is very affordable. I would recommend them to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a no-frills company. The phones are reasonably priced too. I came across this company years ago and purchased an additional line for my Goddaughter. She loves it and I can maintain it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I am a senior lady who does not need fancy cell phones. But I like to have one for an emergency. So several years ago, maybe 10+, I bought a Virgin Mobile flip phone. It only costs $7.00 per month. $20 each 90 days. I love it. Although I rarely use it, I feel safe just having it. And it takes pictures, has a camera and can text. I would recommend this phone to anyone who has no need for a fancy phone or can't afford those high prices. Lucky I had it a few months ago. I was able to report a fire before anyone else was on scene and report an elderly gentleman accidentally drove on some railroad tracks and got stuck. I helped him out of his car and reported it on my trusty old flip phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I'll make it short and sweet, I have been with Virgin for several years now, and I have to say, I have had only the best experience with this company. Anytime I have an issue or question, they are always ready to help, very polite and knowledgeable. Very fast to correct any issues I may have, and always polite. That gets my vote every time!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have been a customer of Virgin Mobile Canada for 10 years. Their customer service use to be excellent, but I haven't needed it for a while. Now, it seems customer loyalty means nothing to them. I called them a week ago to discuss phone & plan upgrades, and possible cancellation if a suitable arrangement couldn’t be reached. I am well past our 2 year contract. They said that they couldn’t offer me anything accept what is listed on their website. Of course any combination of that would only increase my already expensive bill (3 phones, each $60/month and only 2GB!). And since they don’t offer $0 phones anymore, I can’t afford my bill to go over $200. They said a member of their “Customer Loyalty Team” would call me back in 24-48 hours.

During that time, I did some searching around. Freedom Mobile is offering the Samsung Galaxy A51 for $0 down, $0 monthly, 14GB! on a $55 a month plan. That seems like a sweet deal to me. Naturally, a week passed and still no call from the Customer Loyalty Teams, so much for 24-48 hours. So I called back to tell them I would cancel because I found a better deal, and that I never received a call back. They put me on hold, transferred me. Had to explain everything all over again, twice. I told them the offer from Freedom Mobile, as stated above.

After putting me on hold for 5 minutes, they came back with their counter offer. Samsung Galaxy A21 for $0 down, $19 monthly, 4GB(lol) on a $35 a month plan. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the better deal here. And they would not match the Freedom Mobile offer. They also didn’t really seem to care that much, one way or another, if I stayed or left. To be fair, they were polite, not adversarial in any way. The last rep also told me that I didn’t have to give a 30 day cancellation notification, since I am not under contract.

Once my new provider transfers and activates the phone numbers, my account with them will be disconnected, and I will just have to pay the balance. I asked, “are you sure, because the last rep said that I have to give 30 days”. She said “no, that’s fine”. I suspect that will cause an issue as well. I wasn’t really looking to change providers at this time, just hoping to negotiate a reasonable deal. I was really hoping that they would match the offer from Freedom Mobile. So ends my relationship with Virgin Mobile Canada. They will be losing my account, and the 3 phones attached to it. That is a shame.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Worst customer service that’s you ever get. 2 weeks ago I went in to get a new device to my wife. Everything was good. I even got a new iPad. I trusted the people there. They were so friendly and happy. 2 weeks after I get my bill that has 120$ additional charges. That’s they say clearly that’s no additional chargers will be add on. I went back to the store to discuss the matter. They didn’t care about discussing the matter or solve it. Went straight to cancellation fees that’s I need to pay if I get out of this plan. Those guys all about selling. There’s no honesty or even an empathy. Virgin Mobile I don’t know how you choose your employees. Don’t trust. Don’t even try. I’m going to cancel my plan. Even when I call to call center to get better conversation it end up the same. And have to pay 1300$ Exit fees.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I have Virgin for my home internet, I relocated and would like to transfer my home internet to new place. I am working from home and it is very essential to have it on time, that is why I called two weeks before my movement and set an appointment. They did not come to my place, I called again to ask for the reason they made another appointment for next day but the same. I took too much time to call virgin for several times but no specific answer. Two guys told me they would call me back and they did not. Once she said there is no internet service in my new area, although my friend living at the same apartment and holding virgin home internet. That is ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I left Virgin for a different provider, and after leaving they sent me an email saying to call their loyalty department because they wanted to provide me a special offer to keep my business. I spoke with them and worked out a deal that I was content with to stay, and went to BestBuy that night to get things set up. I had difficulty setting up my new contract and ran out of time for the day. The next day, Virgin phoned me and said the offer made the previous day was invalid and had been revoked because I live in the wrong region. After calling them back and explaining their mistake, and the poor ethics to go back on a deal, they wouldn't budge and said the best they could offer was the same thing for $17/mo more. I was quite disappointed that I was penalized for Virgin's mistake, and have no interest in dealing with them again. I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I called the customer service regarding for my bill. I paid 42 dollars monthly and this month they charged me 110. It's just a waste time to called them because they have nothing to do with it. Instead they asked you to upgrade your plan.

Virgin Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team