Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Reviews

out of business
 3.8/5 (515 ratings)

About Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile was a no-contract cellphone service provider. Virgin Mobile customers in the U.S. are being transferred to Boost Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Been with Virgin 10 years and had an old phone plan and home internet. My home internet started to cut out which brought me into the store. I found out there that I was paying 30$ too much on every phone bill because I was grandfathered into an old plan. No offers or updates were ever offered to me prior to my own investigation. I found out that going from 80$ a month phone plan to 50$ a month had the same data+talk+text.

I then switched and cancelled my home internet over the phone with an agent. They never told me about any further instructions or even mentioned about returning the malfunctioning modem. I woke up to a 75$ bill penalty about not returning my modem that I have to pay or else I’ll get a hit to my credit. I called to see what happened as I never was told to return it. The woman on the phone said they sent instructions by email and even if it wasn’t working I had to return it. So I checked for the email and legally they are covered by a small-print-light-gray font one-liner half way down the email that they quietly sent me. So now I’m burdened in replacing their garbage internet hardware because they were being sneaky.

I advise everyone against virgin. They have no international plans, paired with sneaky bills and no customer support or wavers for long term loyal customers. 2 stars because network coverage was decent but sneakily overpriced. Bad ethics and customer service that were unhelpful and unapologetic. Home internet cuts out often and was slow (Toronto Downtown). This is my first ever review.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This is the WORST phone company I have ever dealt with. I asked to change my plan to $28 per month with unlimited Canada wide minutes and 1 GB data, (Other providers give the same for $25 per month), they gave me this plan but with zero minutes. Who will pay $28 for 0 minutes and 1 GB data??? When I called asked them to check my chat history, they weren't even ready to do that, please think twice before you get a plan with this company.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This is the WORST phone company I have ever dealt with. They billed me 3 times in one month for the plan I was on (twice in one day), I tried to call and they just have robots speaking, I couldn't reach a person. So I emailed them about the issue, never got a response. I also paid for my phone plan and their site decided that I didn't and put me on pay per use/minutes rather than my usual monthly plan. So I ran out of "minutes" and was forced to add more to my phone even though I already paid for what should of been my plan.. Go elsewhere. They can't run a business.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

For the last 4 months I have not received my bill, every month I get the month credited for my inconvenience, this month still no bill. I called again and supervisor I spoke to says they have credited me too much, he sees the inconvenience but tells me it's my fault, I want to cancel. He tells me I have to pay balance of phone.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Virgin Mobile Canada has got to be the very worst service ever in the history of telecom service. I will start with the wifi itself which is very very terrible. Since I work from home, it is important that my service works uninterrupted, not Virgin Mobile. It has cut me off Team meetings and phone calls to customers and the customer service only apologized for the abysmal service, it was not corrected.

I was overcharged $40 for supposedly going over the GB and when I called to complain, they argued with me that they had notified me and when I asked the very rude, argumentative customer service girl to verify from the technical team, she told me that her technical team said I was notified by SMS at 95% usage when in actual fact, I did not receive a notification from them until after I had exceeded my GB, at which point I promptly turned off my data. The service is terrible. The customer service is aggravating and will leave you more frustrated than before you called in for a resolution. My advice, steer clear. It's all name and no service. They are only after milking you dry. Don't use them if you have High Blood Pressure

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I signed up for a contract, after 1 month I returned the phone within the 90 day grace period. I was promised I will receive my deposit of $325 within 10 business days (Aug 18) and it is now Sept 21, I still haven't got my money. I called many times and was getting the same message over and over. I will never ever recommend this company. As a matter of fact, I am on hold right now hoping to get my deposit back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. Did I say a word more than once? Perhaps I did, TERRIBLE!! HORRIBLE! Let's put these two words together TEHORRIBLE!!!! Tehorrible experience with Virgin Mobile. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Virgin Media Account Number ** Area 22. We went 6 days with no internet, phone or television and we couldn’t contact a single person. Just spoke to a robot who said (problems in your area) then disconnected the line.. after 6 days of no communication we had to switch to Sky. To later get a bill from Virgin Media for the FULL MONTH EVEN THO WE HAD ZERO SERVICE FOR ALMOST A WEEK!!! After that they sent us another bill for £240 for breaking a contract. Cause there contract literally says on it “Services are Not Guaranteed” which is disgustingly annoying… imagine showing up to a hotel you booked in advance and they didn’t have a room for you but you had to pay them anyway.. that’s what doing business with this horrible company is like!!

I am a grown adult so I am aware that there are rules to breaking a contract so out of good-faith I’ve offered them £100. Which they immediately turn down and showed zero sympathy for our situation of not being able to take calls or communicate with anyone for 6 days. On top of that didn’t even compensate our bill. Don’t worry virgin media if you wanna dance I got my tapping shoes on I’m going to make sure I tell everyone not to sign a contract with you I’m going to tell everyone that has a contract with you to terminate it as soon as possible also go out of my way to make as much noise as possible I hope it was worth the extra £100 to you?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Prior to moving I called them to book a technician to set me up at my new address. On day of, no one showed up. I called and was transferred to Bell by some agent and the Bell person gave me Virgin's number again. Second time I got an agent who transferred me to another agent without providing backstory so I had to start all over again. On chatting to a supervisor for a very long time, as she discovered the person who lived in my new apartment (been vacant 2 months mind you) had not cancelled/ updated their account so there is an issue there.

After a long while I was transferred yet again to another agent with zero back story. This agent at least tracked down the issue, but I told her I will not be transferred until the issue is resolved. She gave backstory and transferred me to another agent. I have been on with them an hour at this point. Apparently there is a system error that prevented the technician coming and they would have to reschedule. I have had no internet for 3 days at this point and mobile data maxed out and is expensive to add data.

Now been 90 minutes and an agent has the gall to say in another 5 days is the soonest a technician can come because of their error. She insists even if I talk to a manager they can resolve the issue. After being now on the phone 2 hours she finally gets me a manager Glen who acted like he was doing a favor by giving a credit for the extended 5 days without internet, due to their internal negligence. I have never dealt with such poor customer service. These people really don't give a damn about their customers at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Please do not buy any service from Virgin Plus. They have the worst technical and customer care service that I have ever experienced. If you do care for your money and mental health please do not buy from them anything. Virgin plus is just wasting your time and money regardless what you are paying them. If you want to know about my experience in detail please just call or contact me. I have never seen like this service in my whole life. Please do not trust to them anymore.

Virgin Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

Virgin Mobile Company Information