Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Reviews

out of business
 3.4/5 (523 ratings)

About Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile was a no-contract cellphone service provider. Virgin Mobile customers in the U.S. are being transferred to Boost Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: April 29, 2022

This is the worst company in the entire world. Bunch of scammers and thieves. Virgin Mobile sucks in everything. Worst customer service. Their internet which I was given is 100mbps and when I do the speed check it never goes more than 4 mbps. DO NOT EVER GO WITH THIS PROVIDER, TRUST ME YOU GONNA REGRET IT BIG TIME.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Virgin Mobile's travel plans are terrible. DO NOT USE THEM. Buy a prepaid SIM and go that route. You think you are covered for the zone you are traveling but then you get billed differently and only about to get a partial refund.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I have been trying for 2 years to have my email removed from my ex's account. I get all his monthly bills and access to his account. Virgin refuses to remove me, in fact they even suggested I call him to sort it out. I am very distressed by this. A total breach of privacy as far as I'm concerned and constant harassment for me on a monthly basis.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Every time I call Virgin I get hands down the worst service ever. I called to get a better deal since I have been a member for 8yrs you'd think their "loyalty" department would care, but they don't. I finally got told "we can make this deal for you, but you're halfway through your billing cycle call back in 2 weeks and ask for it, I wrote a note on your file." So I call back 2 weeks later to be told, "It's unavailable and we can't do that for you." I don't understand how one person can say, "Yes we can do this for you," and another says no. I have never had a good phone call with them.

Original review: March 15, 2022

STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN (GARBAGE) MOBILE! I purchased a device with this company but unfortunately, they didn't have good reception in my area so I returned the device on Jan. 19, 2022, but still haven't received my refund! This is the WORST customer service experience I've ever received! STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN/GARBAGE MOBILE! If you want to maintain your sanity, STAY AWAY from this company!

Original review: March 9, 2022

Purchased a new phone and switched to Virgin because they claimed to be "contract-free". Upon receiving my phone it was pretty glitchy, had challenges connecting to either wifi or cell networks, had keyboard issues and much, much more. I reached out a number of times but was told to update the OS etc. The problems persisted and only got worse but I was deflected until the warranty on the phone ran out and then was told I qualified for a "free" upgrade which I soon realized meant I had to payout the $400 left owing on my phone along with a $50 "free upgrade fee" (yeah you read that right, pay 50 bucks and get something free). So I decided I would ride out the lease on the phone but with a basic package (I currently get 8 gb of which I use about 0.75gb per month).

They proceeded to tell me that I had a contract with them and therefore could not even change my plan (every other provider I have spoken to will allow you to change your plan without penalty, as long as you stay). Given that I went to them specifically because they claimed not to lock you in with contracts, I asked for a copy of the contract. They told me it could be viewed on the app however that version did not show my consent to said contract. When I asked for verification of my consent, they outright refused to provide it. From false advertising to defective products to deflecting device issues until the warranty runs out to initiating contracts without consent, this organization will do anything to force you to stay with them, except of course provide a reasonable level of service. They do smile and apologize as they do it...but that's just their way of buttering you up!

Original review: March 1, 2022

After more than 10 years being a Virgin Mobile client, that's how they thanks me. On my phone is written that my monthly bill is each 1st of the month! I'm suppose to pay 81$ each month and I have 12 gb of data which is a lotttt and I always have less than 8gb before and I never had a problem.. I received this month a bill of almost 700$ when there is wifi everywhere! They told me is because my bill is the 24th of each month. No one told me this, I never had a problem with this! They said I received 4 notifications but I only received 1. Also, they block my account but the client can unblock it. I really don't know how.. They never warn me.. And it's the worst customer service. They really don't care about the client even if it's been more than 10 years I'm with them. The manager doesn't even care and the maximum they can do is give a discount of 25% of 700$... So 524$... What a joke.

I never did a mistake since I'm with them! If you have a problem DON'T COUNT ON THEM, they only want your money.... And I have the proof! They can't do more than that for their mistake of not telling the client is it's 24th of each month! When I buy the phone is suppose to be already set.. How the client is suppose to know! I guess that's how they making MONEY... I will CHANGE FOR ANOTHER COMPANY FOR SURE. My name is Daniel and you will hear about me again!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

My phone kept blocking every 3 months. They blamed my phone. After being caught in red tape for 7 months after contract expired I was able to change providers and phone is fine. They are friendly enough, but don't listen.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I am really disappointed with Virgin Mobile. I am a client for almost 3 years now. I paid all my bills on time. On Jan 11 I was double charged on my account. In Jan 12 I contacted Virgin and a refund was requested. Today is Feb 21 and I did not receive my refund back yet. This is an unacceptable situation, more than 5 weeks to receive the money back. Other than that I talked with different customer representatives and different information was given to me.

First representative told me that a regular will be made on my credit card within 24 hours. Secondo told me that a refund takes 20 days to be refunded to my credit card. Third Rep transferred me to the account department and I was told that a refund is not make by credit card by with a cheque mailed to the client and that takes 3- 4 weeks. I called account department again I was asked to wait one me week to receive the payment. After not received contact chat again and I still do not know when and how I will be receiving my refund back. This is frustrating and I am wasting my time to something that is my right to receive right way that is my refund back. This is a poor and terrible customer service. Many regret to choose this company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

It was not so good from the start when I signed up of wasted time and even the poor store employees were getting frustrated and were stunned how the activation went just to get my phone on line; I was red flagged for fraud and it did not make sense for all of us and was really frustrating and wasted everyone’s time; I had to prove that I was me playing phone tag for few days but finally got it activated; totally random store people were apologizing to me, that was the first issue. Second issue is when they send me a outstanding bill of 200 odd dollars and did not warn me what they said they would do by text with my data; all though my bill was not sent to me so I could not see or pay and decided to suspend my account without seeing how much I owe on the Virgin account.

I desperately tried to pay but my account was suspended and I was so frustrated cuz I live hour out of town; I tried to contact services but they did a run around circling rotation of different agents but nothing got resolved. By that time I lost calls from important sources that I needed to answer affecting my life; finally got someone who understood my problem but had to wait 7 days until my service got connected again, they assured me that no more hiccups will come into play and my service was good to go until third issue came into play my service was down for few weeks or so, no reason or heads up I received during Christmas holidays.

I was very upset cuz once again I missed important phone calls and work trying to get ahold of me and it was like pulling teeth trying to explain to agents and same run around phone tag and nothing got solved until the end. Finally remarkably I had full bars instead of 0 after I got through to an agent. My original plan was 90 odd for 10 gigs and that was included the phone fees also; I asked if they can compensated my stressful experience and of missing money opportunities and such, it was like pulling teeth again but finally got a service rep who understood frustration and changed my plan to 50 for 12 gigs and they ensure me that this would be what I will be paying on my plan for now on cuz of the inconvenience plus tax of course.

Everything was okay. Got they arranged my bill for me and send out another bill next month and it was 66.16 for 12 gigs; I thought awesome; I finally getting care of and they are trying to make up for their mistakes; well I said this too soon as once again my next bill was 90 odd again although we agreed to change it to 50, I tried calling in and same old same so unreliable service experiences and finally I asked to talk to head supervisor and they were completely rude and sounded like a used car sales men trying to screw you over and under talking to me raising his voice and “come on man come on man" attitude and not allowing me or interrupting my talking to him about my concern; pretty much made my experience awful and no customer care at all or feeling like important to them, totally opposite on what they advertised on their logo and websites and apps.

I am currently in a waiting period for the next step which is talking to higher up. Just waiting for them to contact me. I made sure I backed myself up by photos of convos and my bills fluctuating up and down. And new agreement plan. Wish me luck. I treat them with respect and constantly I tell them that I know it’s not your fault. You're just a worker and such giving them benefit of doubt but the last customer care I talked to; I lost faith in virgin sadly and was treated I was not important at all and trying to scam me out of my deal agreement. I kept saying I just want my recent bill to be like my previous bill cuz we made a agreement. It’s not gonna change to my original payment plan and I got ensured that it will stay at 50 for 12 gigs for now on cuz of the mistakes and concerns and stress of all the experiences I had. I got "nope not how it works" reply and too bad so sad attitude from the customer service rep guy. Very very disappointed.

Virgin Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

Virgin Mobile Company Information