Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Virgin Mobile was a no-contract cellphone service provider. Virgin Mobile customers in the U.S. are being transferred to Boost Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I bought residential internet since the January. I have 60 mbs for 57$ with taxes. I am at the Laurentides region in Quebec on the Bell network. Until now I have no problem and I was able to work online, play video games and watch Netflix with no problem. It's one of the cheapest for the price yet there are smaller companies that offer for a bit less. However, with Virgin you don't have any contract. I hope it will continue to work this way. Otherwise I will make an edit on my review.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Justin, from New Brunswick, was amazing. He answered all my questions, fixed all the issues, and gave me and my family the best deals and reduced our monthly bill charges. I wish every customer service person is like him! He truly cares about customer satisfaction and just wanted to help.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2020

This is all new with me about my cell phone. Have no problems. If anything it's the steady beeping and whoever had this before never paid his bills. Now I'm getting all his calls from collections agencies.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I stupidly decided to switch from Rogers to Virgin due to the good deals online. What a mistake that I am now living to regret. I have been waiting almost a month for the phone I ordered and cannot get any information about my order to status of my order. I've tried the chat feature just to have my account suspended and can't create a new account. Now I can't get anyone on the phone. My existing phone needs to be replaced badly as it's damaged and I use it for work. So not having any information now, tracking number doesn't even exist and no customer service has left me stranded. Not to mention how much I have to work from home at the moment and can't now.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Back in December there was a fraud incident on my account and 3 months later it has not been fixed. Over $2,000 of charges have incurred and the representatives just transfer you around like a pinball on the phone and accuse you of not reading your own bill. They tell you a manager will call you back in an hour, and 2 days later there is still no phone call. The people are so incompetent, unless by chance you fall on someone who actually speaks and understands English. Those odds are about 1-1000.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

When you set up a cell phone for a mentally challenged individual and you are explicate in your request to block data on the package along with limit long distance unless authorized by the account holder, you expect it to be implemented. Then within the legal expectations they send a notification that indicates it has been blocked via e-mail but allow the user to circumvent the blockage with the touch of a button. To the tune of a 900 dollar data fee in one month. Customer service will do nothing and offered a token discount. Don't trust them to do what you ask!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Pay attention to never order a phone from them online or on phone. Make sure to get it in Store. Else you risk to be stuck in a bad situation... Ordered the phone, was not present during delivery so the shipping company sent it back to Virgin Mobile. But guess what, they still make you pay for the phone every month! They said someone will reach you about this in 5 business days which never happen, so you call back to get the same answer, but no call back. Ending to have to pursue them... So don't even approach this company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

They hook you in with cheap prices. Their service is horrible. Their customer service department is completely incompetent. They make so many mistakes! On the phone they sold me fibre internet technology. When the technician arrived he laughed. They do not even have that service. He installed a regular modem. The internet for months was very shaky. This is not even the worst part. I got emails saying my internet would be cancelled. I wasted hours on the phone simply trying to tell them that I do not want my internet cancelled. They confirmed they removed my cancellation order. A few weeks later, guess what, my internet was cancelled! When I called one rep said I would need to order new internet! When I spoke to a supervisor she said I was wrong the internet is still working! This has been the worst customer experience I have ever been through. I highly recommend never choosing them. I switched to Bell and I am extremely happy!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Prices: are good but quality is a hit and miss, one day it is great, the other one it is not. I have a lot of calls going to voicemail when it didn't even ring, just send calls to voicemail! Messages: from work group delivered very late. Home internet- we got it at the beginning for the half price promotion and we bought a WIFI range extender to make it work - lots of dead zones. Lately, I have to restart the modem at least once a day! Bonus, they increased the price and it is not worth it anymore.

Customer service: Not truthful: Be very very very careful with the deals you reach with them, make sure to check that email they send you after your call when you do change a services. most of the time the changed details do not agree with the deal you reached with them and they do not honor their word. Mean -Disrespectful CSR's - Once a rep told me instead of calling them and request to block internet from my child's phone, how about I teach her some manners so she doesn't open internet when she is not supposed to.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have had Virgin mobile for over a year now and I say I have never had such terrible service from a company. I receive an incredible amount of dropped calls or people on the other end not hearing me speak...kinda like the “Can you hear me now” commercial...I can be in downtown Fredricton or just outside the Costco in Moncton and cannot get more than two bars of data speed (I have picture to prove this). It took me over a minute to download google the other day (I have a picture of this as well).

When I call the company no one is able to fix the problem...this issue has been happening the entire time I have been with Virgin and after many calls I have yet to received a call from them letting me know they are working on any fix. This is not the service I am paying for. If you are in NB do NOT use Virgin...you will regret it...it’s just not worth it.

Virgin Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team