Virgin Mobile

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Virgin Mobile Reviews

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

1203 Virgin Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2019

I went to Virgin a few years ago and got a plan for unlimited calls, text, and photos in Canada for $55.00 with one gig of data. I went to Buffalo one day early on and I called them to make sure I was only going to pay $5 or 6 per day for unlimited calls and texts in the US and Canada while there. The girl assured me that that was the deal. But before I hung up she asked if I would like another gig for free so I said sure. Now I had 2 gigs. A year later I received an email saying that I had a 3rd gig free for a year. That actually lasted about 1.5 years.

Recently I saw they were offering 4 gigs to get new customers so I called and asked if I could have the extra 2 gigs and they said no problem. I feel that their customer service is second to none. And they run on the Bell system so I get all the Bell quality and my bill is almost half what it was with Bell. I have also switched a couple of years ago to Virgin Cable, also running on the Bell equipment. Much better deal than I had with Cogeco, unlimited data 50 MBPS for $60/month and they said that my price would never increase.... EVER. I brought my own phone to Virgin and I have NO CONTRACT so I can quit the phone or cable any time I want. Oh and when I started the cable I got 3 free months.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was with Virgin for couple of years and had no problems until I deleted my plan to go to a cheaper plan with a different provider at that time. Virgin still charged me for couple of months after I cancelled my plan. I argued many times and sent them proof that I was with another provider at the time that they charged me for. They finally sent it to the collection agency, ruined my name for any further credit for a lousy $168.00. It's not the money, it's a moral thing now. How can I sue them? Not too concerned about the 168$. More concerned about ruining my name and want to sue for discriminating my name.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Mainly use landline. Keep Virgin mobile flip phone for "just in case". Left five year old flip phone in hotel in SF. Not worth returning to find it, have a backup flip phone, unused, unactivated, at home. Long story short, Abby, with Virgin Mobile, worked with me to keep obsolete flip phone. She even called me back when she found a comparable plan to the one I used to use that was no longer available. Thanks Abby.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Virgin Mobile has worked well for me. I regularly use this phone every week and I have had little or no difficulty. I think others would also benefit from having this phone.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We've had Virgin Mobile for 5 years and never had a single problem. Until I switched from iPhone to an Android device. I couldn't receive text messages for 2 weeks, I spoke with tech after tech, spend way too many hours trying to get help until by divine intervention or luck of the draw FINALLY got someone who knew what they were doing (and I could understand) to help me. I would have given a higher rating if not for their tech department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: July 3, 2019

Worst customer service we ever met! Unfairly charged us £88 out of the blue. Clearly their system had problems and we have all proofs for that. We called the customer service, they did not listen and did not want to resolve an issue at all. On the second attempt to call them, they said that the manager will call in 3-5 days. The manager never called.

Weeks later we called again, they as always say "we may record our call for training and security purposes", however when we started to speak to a guy named Ceeja from complaints department we said, that "We also will be recording our call for us to have a proof of our conversation and what was said because the issue needs to be resolved." The guy said that this is against the UK law if we will be recording this conversation! But they do record always! What a jerk! So that guy, in a rude manner, said that he is finishing our conversation because we cannot record a call. Why? It looks like they do not want to be recorded because they lie to people and never want to be accounted for their words. The issue has not been resolved for already 4 months because they simply ignore. What a shameful service! Cannot believe this happens in the 21st century in England!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Virgin is the worst customer service ever had to deal with. Just switched from Fido after 20 years. Can't wait for contract to be over with, so I go back to company I trust and feel like a valued customer. I'm tired of agents giving me silent treatment and hanging up on us. We have 3 phones and lines and we are treated the worst. Never experienced so much disrespect from customer service rep. They are good to sell you the plan, but worst to help you out. Even the supervisor would hung up without even taking the call. If sups are like that, no wonder why agents are the same.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been with Virgin Mobile for close to 8 years now and I can see that that means nothing to them. My current plan includes 2GB of data, and I've never used over 1GB of data ever! Last night my data had all gotten used up somehow and it's the first of the month so I have no more data for the rest of the month. At first I was chatting with a representative which took close to 25 minutes of her to get all the information she needed to confirm it was me (excessive question asking!) And in the end I was told to contact the loyalty team for help.

I call 611 from my phone and explain to another representative what had happened and told them I never go over my data and all I need is like 500MB to last me the rest of the month and that I never use my full 2GB and that there was some sort of error with my data usage somehow and she explained I must've had an app running. Her 2 options were to pay $20 for 1GB or upgrade my plan to a 6GB plan..even after I told her I don't even use 1GB which she can see on my account so paying for 6GB is useless. 8 years of loyalty and they make me pay an extra $20 for this especially when they can see in my history I never even use a full GB every month. Looking for new phone company today that respects loyalty a little more!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been screwed over twice by Virgin agents. One I was was buying mobile service. I was told that I will be charged some amount for the first month and paid back the second month. It did not happen. I contacted to the company and they said the guy has not put any note, so they can not do anything and I need to go to store. Which is 1.5 hr far from my place. The other time I wanted to buy a cell phone. I went to the store, I picked a model, but because I refused some other offer they did not sell me the model I wanted.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for approximately 7 years now and today is the day I'm cancelling my service and seeking another service provider. The reason I am doing this is because of a botched phone replacement that left both my new and old phones unusable. My old phone I've used with Virgin Mobile services for at least 2 or more years is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine, purchased directly from Virgin. I recently came into possession of an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 that originally came from Verizon.

On the first registration attempt conducted via a call to customer service, the new SIM card I got for the S8 did not work. Customer service had me removed my old J7 SIM card and attempted to use that next. The S8 caused the old and new SIMs to lock up and not be usable. At this point Virgin ended the call after saying they were sending me a new SIM card. A week later I received the SIM card, we tried it again on the S8 via a phone call to customer service.

At this point my issue was escalated and another service tech was brought in to assist. We discussed the S8 and I was informed Virgin Mobile does not have a Bring Your Own Phone service and that the device was incompatible with Virgin Mobile. I understand and have no issue with that, and I informed the service technician as such.

Moving forward, Virgin Mobile sent me another SIM card in the mail so I could get my old phone working again and get my service back into its normal routine. Another week later (2 1/2 weeks into this issue now) I received the new SIM card and called customer service again to get the device set up. That set-up failed and it was determined the SIM card sent to me was incompatible with my old phone that had been working properly on Virgin Mobile for the last two years without issue. They sent me another SIM card a week later.

In previous registration attempts, they had always asked me for the IMEI of my phone and then the ICC ID of the new SIM card. This last call to customer service to activate the new SIM card they did not ask for the SIM ICC ID. I tried to explain that previous registration attempts used that number, and that this registration attempt should be no different. The Customer Service rep ignored my comments and had me follow a different procedure. I followed her instructions to a T and when the registration process again failed 3 times in a row, I attempted to again bring up the SIM ICC ID number. She quickly blamed the cell phone towers as the issue and not at all my phone or SIM card and informed me my phone should be operational without any further work needing to be done.

48 hours later, and nearly a month of working on this from the beginning, my phone is still unusable. After 3 weeks without a cell phone I need to find an option that will work for me, so I am cancelling my service with Virgin and searching for another provider. I've already paid for this months and next months service, of which I haven't used any of the services since then. I don't think I'll be getting a refund.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered new phone with plan and was cancelled without further notice. Called customer service and been transferred 5 times because the first person doesn't know what she's doing and been just transferring me over to random department. If you want huge headache and terrible customer experience, try Virgin Mobile!!! I'm surprise they are still in business the way they treat customers. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Do not, if you have any sense, use Virgin Mobile. They will use and abuse your trust. In England recently they were sued for 4.5 million pounds for terrible service and billing and lost, had to pay the company that sued them. Please, please don’t use them. Cannot stress this enough. This, from a person who is going through hell with them!!!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I ordered a SIM card for my iPhone and changed my mind and asked for a refund. The rudest company ever!! Not only did they not inform two weeks past them receiving the card back but they gave me the runaround. I went back and forth with this company about getting a refund and they were nothing but rude to me. Also they refused to let me speak to a supervisor. I will never ever do business with this company. They have no idea about what goes on within the warehouse. How does a company like that stay in business? Trust me. This company is horrible. Do not trust them!!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I did not realize that my initial 500 minute plan (April 2017) also included whoever calls me. I had a few bills over 100 dollars (late 2018) and one even over 200. I called them about it, and they basically told me that it was tough, and I should have switched plans earlier. They then offered me from my old plan at 75 a month to a new one at 67 with unlimited everything... I wanted to leave, but the lady informed me that I would owe 60 some odd dollars. I stayed and they halfed my new 67 dollar rate for 1 month.

I was called with a winback deal from Telus which I was only too happy to take, after the few months I had left with Virgin. I switched as fast as I could. I then received a call from Virgin, asking what the deal was? They then informed me I could have received a better deal from their loyalty department. Asking what my complaint was, when I detailed it for him, I got the same response that I had from the first lady. It was my problem. Basically, they show no initiative, and blame the consumer.

If they had called me, knowing my obligation was over, perhaps I would have stayed with them. But I found them both condescending and not understanding at all. They have terrible customer service and I could not in good conscience recommend them to anyone. Canada has a huge problem with mobile providers, but Virgin has proven, at least for me, to be a terrible carrier.

Original review: April 30, 2019

They made me agree to a sim only deal. I was offered a card for 8 pounds per month. They said, “Don't worry, the contract will say 12 pounds but you get 4 pounds per month discount.” When the first bill came they charged me 12 pounds of course and when I called them they didn't know about the offer... Also the customer service people put me on hold for tens of minutes a time. They say they will call me back but they never do! I have to call them twice for everything, like first time they just ignore me.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Had my Virgin Mobile bill in which doubled, when I rang they said the tariff had changed so they had upgraded me but also my bill had doubled without asking me!!! Rang them. They said all tariffs had changed which I understand but for them to charge me double without asking me is disgraceful!!! I am now cancelling my contract and will never use Virgin again.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We bought my 87 year old mother a mobile phone and VIRGIN sim card for Christmas a couple of years ago. More detailed review is better. We made the MISTAKE of signing up for direct debit... We had issues with service from the sim card and ultimately they send out further sim cards on separate occasions (which were not asked for) and have NEVER been used. She has since been harassed via mail and phone calls and it is affecting her health. I have tried on numerous occasions to have them cancelled, even paid for one of them to end this fiasco, however STILL BEING CHASED FOR something we don't use or have. The billing refers to phone numbers that is not even hers... WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO END THIS NIGHTMARE! HELP PLEASE!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I'm on my fiancé's phone bill. He found out they cut my data from 1 GB to 250 MB in February 2019! He only found out about this after having checked his account online. He's now getting charged for something he NEVER changed. I had 1 GB on my account for just over a year and a half. Fast forward to mid April 2019, he found out they cut my data from 250 MB to NOTHING! Again, neither myself or my fiancé have messed with my plan! I'm not impressed at Virgin for lowering my data TWICE for them to get extra money WITHOUT the customer knowing!

On top of the data issue, my fiancé has had issues with wanting to upgrade his phone. Only success he got was a runaround with "customer service representatives" on multiple occasions! They're still charging my fiancé for his phone that is no longer in a 2 year contract (paid off by the New Year). I don't know what's been up with Virgin, but neither my fiancé or I are impressed by the lack of customer service as of late!

Original review: April 23, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. On 4/19/2019 I went to Assurance Wireless to get a free government phone. I spoke to a (Lawnce **). I gave Lawnce, my Social Security, ID, Food stamp, and Medicare card. I am a man who is homeless so I gave Lawnce a (Proof Of Residency Letter) by the shelter written by the shelter. Lawnce stated I was DENIED. I ask Why? And Lawnce stated "I don't have the room #" on the letter. I ask If there is anything else I will need in order to get the government phone and Lawnce stated "no that is it".

So I went back to the shelter. Got a letter with my room # on it and spoke with Lawnce again. I gave him the letter with the room # on it and again I was DENIED. Another worker came up and tried and again I was DENIED. I was told to call Assurance Wireless Customer Service# (888-898-4888). On 4/20/2019 I called Assurance Wireless Customer Service and spoke with A (Nike). I told Nike about the issue I was having. Nike told me about the process and that the Administrator makes the Denial decision.

I asked for the Name of the Administrator who is making that decision and I was (stonewalled). I know for a FACT that other people who are in the shelter with me did not go through this. The staff at the shelter are appalled by the difficulty Assurance Wireless is giving. They have worked with many clients and they have stated "I don't understand why they are giving you such a hard time." "I know clients who walked up and asked for a phone and just got one and they were just joking around, they didn't even want one". I sat back and watched as another person in a shelter, the same shelter, walk up and get a phone. He did not have a (Proof Of Residency) as I did. All he had was a food stamp card and Social Security.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This company is one of the most unprofessional business I have ever had the misfortune of having business with. They are petty beyond belief. They removed support for androids which is whatever, it's their business not mine. So, since I like android and need a new phone I wanted to move companies. I called to get my account number which took hours just to have it for next week when my new phone came in. THEY DEACTIVATED MY SERVICE AFTER THAT CALL. Then when I called back they pretend they didn’t know what's happening. I then asked them to just unlock my phone for me as I could just put my new sim in even though I shouldn’t have to and still had a week left with virgin. THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE A MONTH.

I have been a customer for over 5 years and since I HAVE to leave since I am not paying for an iPhone, they do some of the most petty things I have ever seen. I will never be going back to them. Their unlimited plan is a lie, after 5gb it's capped and you get a data rate of 16kbs if you're lucky. Coverage is awful and there is nothing good about them. There is companies out there that are cheaper, better valued, have more selections for phones and or just that are overall better.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My phone has been working intermittently 4/8-4/12. Now I have no service (4/13 & 4/14). My phone goes back & forth between "Android is starting. Starting apps." & "Service disabled." I can't make or receive texts or calls. Can't even call Virgin Mobile. Had to use Virgin Mobile Community for assistance. I've been told outage in my area. I paid for my plan & haven't received anything in return.

Resolution response: April 11, 2019

FedEx showed up with my package the next day.

They must have retrieved from one of my neighbors and delivered it to the right location at last...hallelujah!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Get a load of this...I've been a loyal customer for about 3 years now. I decided to upgrade my phone to the Motorola E5 Plus for $140.00. I placed my order on Friday. On Tuesday I inquired about the phone and they me a tracking number for FedEx. When I got home from work, there was no phone in sight. When I logged into the FedEx website, it shows the package was delivered on Tuesday, and signed by "A. Nguyen". That is not even close to my last name. I believe FedEx delivered my package to the wrong address. When I contacted Virgin Mobile, they demanded that I file a police report for "theft". I explained to them that nothing was stolen, but that the FedEx driver made a mistake. They said the only they could help me was to file a fraudulent police report? I declined to do so. Guess I won't be a customer of theirs any longer...BEWARE and BE AWARE of Virgin Mobile! The customer service sucks eggs literally!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Worst network of the world. When you call it's take ages to connect and sometimes my mobile shows it's connected but you cannot hear the other side. Same thing happen from the other side, people they calling me but it does not ring and goes to voicemail and I receive a message says the mention number tried to call you. When I complain even then there were no solution, no professional staff who know the solution. When I asked them for cancel my contract they says, "You have to pay cancellation charges," even they know their Network is not that good. I am freelancer and losing business because of them. Worse worse worse network. I will recommend Business Stranded Department to BAN this company in UK. Company owner getting richer by looting customers with their bad service. I will not recommend to have contract with them.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Their phones keep breaking, I've been through several of the ANS L50s. Battery won't hold a charge, phone shuts itself off while actively being used, etc. I was told yet another replacement would be sent, this time a different model though he couldn't tell me which one. I waited the required time period - no phone. I called. They had no record of it. I went through 2 levels of supervisor. Supervisor Nigel admitted they had screwed up and he would take care of getting me a replacement - going through tech support on my behalf, because I'd already done that. He was supposed to call me back by Monday at the latest with a status update. Today is Monday, and while it's still morning, I don't want to wait until end of day so I called. Same old story, I'm in an infinite loop.

Now I'm on hold waiting for the 2nd level, again. Been on the phone/hold for 33 minutes so far. By the way...their call center is obviously in the Philippines. Spoke to someone claiming to be a manager, who insisted I need to go through tech support and claimed they had no way to transfer me to any specific person. Again. Refused to let me speak with her manager, talked over me and then transferred despite my vehement insistence to escalate to her manager. At 38 minute mark and counting. Time to find a new company. Do yourself a favor, stay far, far away from this anything to do with this company. Now that I know how their cell service is I know their airline needs to be avoided at all costs.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I bought 2 cell phones from Virgin Mobile in July 2017. My plan for one of the phone was for 2GB of data with calling and texting. Now it's April 2019 and the other day I got a call saying that my phone's data will no longer be allowed to use. I was confused so I went to the shop and they told me to contact Virgin Mobile (*611). They said my plan never included 2GB, only calling and texting. This was not true, because my other phone was blocked from using data but this one I always used it. So the entire time I was being charged extra for using 2GB of data even though Virgin Mobile said it was included in the plan when I first bought the phone!

And when I went to the U.S, they said they won't give me any extra charges, however when I went there, my phone said "no service available" while the other phone I had worked perfectly fine! When I came back, they not only charged me extra but never believed what I said. They drain you out of money and act friendly but their service is terrible and unprofessional. I hate this company and plan on switching to comodo soon when this contract ends. NEVER CHOOSE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: March 31, 2019

VIRGIN MOBILE isn't participating here because of obvious reasons: It's a racket. It's impossible to get help by phone. Instead you are referred to "the community" where if you spew the truth, you are censored. I'm older and disabled. Dropped my Samsung phone for the first time 6 days ago. Phone kaput. Since that time, it's been an agonizing maze of excuses and lies, denial of coverage... I've paid hundreds over the years for this "insurance," which, if you're lucky to get the contractual replacement phone, it's just some other re-cycled phone from another victim. Brightstar insurance, a subsidiary of Zurich Insurance in Illinois, operates out of Georgia where the laws favor these racket companies. CORPORATE GREED AT ITS FINEST. Richard Branson is the owner of Virgin.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I contacted Virgin Mobile on March 29, 2019 at 9:30 MST. The issue I had was that my plan started at $101.26 a month in November 2017, and in November 2018 they bumped my monthly plan to $111.76, and now currently they bumped my plan to $113.86 as of March 2019. I finally had enough and contacted Virgin Mobile's eChat. The representative was very kind, helpful, and respectful. He let me know that they automatically added warranty to my plan which is why it was costing me more and it has increased. So I am not happy that it was automatically added without them officially asking or notifying me. Within that process the representative offered me a suggestion.

The suggestion was that he could put a memo onto my account to enroll me as a loyal customer, thus apparently qualifying me to reduce my plan with no deductions to my actual plan. I of course agreed, and this was very unexpected but appreciated. Long story short I had to contact Virgin Mobile's Loyalty Department the next day.

I called them and the representative was blunt, rude, and barely spoke English. They kept saying the same thing over 5 times in a row. "They cannot give me a reduced plan, I already have the cheapest plan." Now, if that is the case, why is it that I was offered a reduction to my plan? Why is it that I know people with a cheaper plan than myself? So I asked her to transfer me to the department above the loyalty department. She would not, and continued saying the same spiel.

I told her my frustrations, and said goodbye. I then contacted eChat again. They basically told me the same thing as the representative from the loyalty department, but to call the phone number again and initially ask for the department above. So I did. The department above again was adamant that they could not help me and that the representative gave me false information.

I am very disappointed with this company and how they do not uphold their promises. The first eChat representative never said this was a potential deduction or a maybe. He said they WILL do it. I would have understood if I would be asking outright for a deduction, but the person offered it to me without me even asking. Virgin Mobile not only charged me under the table more for a unasked warranty, but they also gave false promises and wasted my valuable time.

I am FURIOUS, and highly recommend all of you either be wary of this company or do not sign a contract with them. I have the eChats saved from each conversation I had with them, and luckily I did have them sent to me for proof. I am going to be contacting the CCTS, and I hope they can help me further with this issue.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for 5 years, I have three accounts with them. Beware, initially they come off as being very customer supportive, until they have you signed in. At that point, they could care less about an issue you have and they will knowingly lie to you to get you off the phone and even promise things and then not carry through with it.

If they tell you that a manager is going to call you back, as they are currently with another customer, don't believe it. It is just a ploy to get you off the phone and the manager never calls back. The lies were quite unbelievable and in the end, they could care less about long term customers and loyalty, they just want your money and then will do everything they can to ensure, regardless of whether they are at fault, that they don't lose a penny.

Will do what I can to get out of my plan and never return. They are an arm of Bell Mobility, by the way and in fact, their retail support is a Bell support line, so don't reward them by turning to Bell for your next plan. Also, you would think if you get a phone at a Virgin retail store that you could get it returned to any Virgin Store, like every other chain store in the modern age. Nope....we bought a phone and a plan in another city, as we were there shopping and had the time, thinking nothing of it since there was a Virgin Store in our city as well.

The phone was a dud and had issues and when we went to our local store, they advised they couldn't help as that phone did not come from that store and we had to return to the store we got it from. Tried to get help from Customer Support as a result and from there, the avoidance and the lies began...They are truly pathetic. Stay away from Virgin!

Original review: March 27, 2019

We've been with Virgin a little over a year and have had some issues recently which were unable to be resolved through their customer service hotline since their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

Called to complain and escalate the following:

1. Latest bill increased 10% for no reason, not communicated as to why.

2. Virgin wait until you're at 95% data usage before warning you your data is almost used, which means when streaming a video you likely won't see the text warning until after when you've gone well above 100% and left with an extortionate overage charge. I suggest changing it to warn at 80% so that people get more notice they're running low, but customer service shouted at me in awful an experience saying that everyone else apparently wants notification at 100%. Then let us know at 80% and 100%?

3. I called and spoke to them on a Tuesday night and the rep named Chris said he'd call me back after he'd spoken to his supervisor within an hour. I received no call back so called myself again the following day, there were no notes at all on the account and I had to explain everything again, only to be put directly through to the supervisor who was a woman with the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. Raising her voice, arguing that even if our bill went up $10 and we weren't told about it, that it was still the best offer around. No company should ever increase your bill or rates without first alerting its customers, this is exactly what Virgin Mobile did to us, and with their extortionate overage penalties and awful customer service, Virgin as a company (not just mobile) has lost us as customers forever.

Original review: March 23, 2019

On my MyVirgin account page it indicated I was eligible for a new phone, but every phone I clicked on indicated that my current plan was not compatible. I phoned the customer rep (waited 20 minutes), and was told that I would first need to upgrade my plan and pay $15 more per month for more data... And then I could replace my phone. This is the second time VM has tried to scam me or my family and I am frustrated enough with them that I will move over to PublicMobile. There is no one at PublicMobile to talk to... But at least they won't be able to lie to you. So that's gotta be better.

Virgin Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

• Best for: Virgin Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs