Virgin Mobile
2.10/5
Based on 85 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Virgin Mobile Reviews

1116 Virgin Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I bought an iPhone X with Virgin Mobile with their Black Friday promotion wherein with an iPhone X purchase they offered a $200 rebate card after being with them for 2 months. First they did not say anything about registering for the offer and when I called them back in February they said I need to register. I registered then and was told to get my card in 14 business days. Now it's June and I have not yet received the card. I have contacted their customer support multiple times spending hours waiting on the line. Every time they keep saying that am eligible for the offer and they will dispatch the card with next 14 days and also they will call me once they dispatch my card. I have got the same excuse every time I call them.

I feel I made a fool out of myself choosing Virgin Mobile when every company was running some promo on iPhone X when I bought. This is clearing cheating and as a customer I feel helpless that am not able to do anything about this because one of their terms is we need to be a customer when the rebate card is issued. So only option left is to forego the rebate card. This is blatant cheating and I no more wish to continue with their service.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I like Virgin Mobile because it does have a great reception even in the mountains which was 0 with T-Mobile. Have been now with Virgin Mobile 10 yrs and although I try to upgrade there is always a plan that is at my speed unlimited min + txt data 5G. Just wish I would have more 4G available but for $35 you can't be too choosy. Most of my friends pay $100+ with AT&T or Sprint itself!

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2018

On December 23, 2017, I purchased an iPhone 6 through Virgin Mobile's website. They were running a promotion in which you buy a qualifying iPhone and receive a $150 visa gift card. After confirming that the phone I picked did indeed qualify, I called their customer service number and placed the order, again, confirming with the agent that this particular phone did qualify. This particular promotion also came with another promotion, get 6 months of service for $1.00 per month for 6 months. Now, I've been with Virgin Mobile for several years, but last year they announced they were going to be iPhone exclusive, and rolled out their new Inner Circle plan. I was still on the old plan, but once I bought my new iPhone, I would be enrolled in the Inner Circle, with the new rate starting after my 6 months of $1.00 was complete. No problem, I thought. It sounded clear cut, and I've never had any problems with Virgin Mobile before.

The problem, however, is that it is now June 2018, and I have yet to receive my $150 visa gift card! The promotion rules stipulated that it would be sent after 2 billing cycles were completed. That was March. I received a submission form in January, and filled it out and sent back immediately with all the info to receive my gift card. I received a link and a tracking number so I could check the status of the card. It went from saying "card pending", to Status-invalid (iPhone missing UPC, household limit exceeded, and it's been that way since February.

Now, I've logged several calls to their customer service, and got several excuses: "Status invalid was incorrect, I do qualify, etc. and so on". I have re-submitted all the necessary information multiple times to their customer service agents via phone, and also their social care agents on the community website. I might add that there are several posts on that community board from people who are experiencing the same problem, they also have been waiting several months for their gift cards, some even from a similar Black Friday promotion back in November 2017. The one thing we all have in common is the same tired excuses from Virgin Mobile customer care agents, our cases are escalated.

I received a message via the community board 3 weeks ago from a social care agent saying my card was re-issued and I would be receiving it in 10-14 business days. Well, today is the 14th business day, and frankly, I've had enough! I don't know what's going on there with the Virgin Mobile company, but I'm done with the scripted excuses. As far as I'm concerned, this is fraud, and/or false advertising! This was the first time I took part in a promotion like this, and it will be my last! I am currently looking for another carrier, and I would strongly suggest people steer clear of this company! I have kept all correspondence from them concerning this matter, and I now chalk it up to an expensive learning experience. Thank you, Consumer Affairs, for giving me a forum to express my outrage and frustration with this company and my experience with them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I don’t do streaming or make a lot of calls, hence my needs are far simpler than most cellular consumers. I use Virgin Mobile service principally for purchasing meals, or coffee, and email, or text messages.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I called Virgin Mobile USA at approximately 9 am to set up an auto pay which is $4 cheaper than month by month. I mistakenly paid the monthly fee, then set up the auto pay. A half hour later when every time Id try access it had error messages to call customer service, which I did and the explanation was the sire was down for updating. I explained what happened and was told the monthly fee would be held and applied to the "monthly rate" tomorrow, and would NOT be charged again. I checked with a site testing webpage, and it turns out their site was NOT down. So I called Bank of America, to find they had already taken the nearly $40 out, so I went through the customer service at VMusa again, and this time was told that I WOULD be charged another monthly fee tomorrow. ONE of those two Virgin Mobile customer service people was lying!

So I called BOA to put a stop payment on the $40 fee already taken out, as I would be billed tomorrow anyway only to have the associate tell me I can't stop payment on that purchase because it was (a) electronic and (b) not a recurring fee. This was news to me! I can't stop a payment made in error of my own money, from my own 18 year old checking account? In essence once my money is deposited, it is no longer mine, and the bank decides what I can and can't do with it.

I don't have time to keep calling places with 25-40 minute hold times, because I have to make a deposit before the payment due tomorrow is posted and what should have been a total of $35 turns in to $105 between overdraft and multiple charges. So I have no resolution method to relay to the people, and I do apologize for that. We will see what happens, but somebody is going to pay that back. I am sick to death of (seemingly) NO companies act in an ethical or moral manner, with most refusing to BE honest until and unless a suit is filed. Ain't the US I was raised in! All this was between 9am-230pm Monday June 4, 2018.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been with this company (Virgin Mobile) for many years & it has been great for the most part. Coverage is not perfect - not everywhere, especially rural places, but otherwise great!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am grandfathered in to a Virgin Mobile plan 18 cents minute, paying 20.00 every 90 days. I never use enough to spend it. I have a bank of $350.00+ which I cannot spend or use by talking, can anyone buy me out?

Original review: May 29, 2018

Longtime Virgin Mobile client. Paid by month on time for years. Began to travel in areas. Their service did not work. Prepaid the last month, then next day found a phone/carrier that reached the service areas I needed. Contacted Virgin for a refund and was told someone would call me back. Still waiting for the return call and refund even though I've contacted them since. I get the same response as the first time for months over and over. I had to put a 1 STAR otherwise I would give 0 STARS FOR 0 CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had a Virgin Mobile cell phone and cell phone plan now since the 2000 millennial year and I pay about $30 a month for 1500 minutes of Continental USA talk time. I never use anything else on the plan except voicemail and other messages, and there are no added fees for anything and it isn't a smartphone so it doesn't have other features. It does what an updated older phone does.

Original review: May 22, 2018

HAVE USED SINCE 2004. NOT MANY ISSUES. THEN SINCE THE FCC INTERNET NEUTRALITY CASE, WORSE SERVICE. TODAY, MAY 21, 2018, interrupting twice, in matter of few short hours, blocking me, threatening me of less usage and speed. Slowing my usage. I have had this for the last year, to 15 months, constant interruptions daily, to prevent me and family from using our Unlimited Online Data.

I purchased new phone due to defective phones they sell, as if brand new phone - lies, dishonesty. The stress and frustration, to have them handle the damages, the defects, the non-powering or clarity to see phone boot process for use, has been ridiculous. My complaints washed over and they offer new phone at 70% sale discount. When phone was activated, in no time issues, problem arises. VM HAS NOW BEEN HARASSING ME, EACH TIME I PREPARE DATA work, for Word Transfer, anything I do, even while traveling away from home, interrupts, harass, asking for money... or less usage.

They do not protect privacy, therefore I use A Protection Web Service. Interrupts with ads, to download new Apps. In midst of it all, they interrupt constantly, block me from using my Viruses Web Protection, slowing my Speed, and stop Data, Access, Emails. It's all about greed and money, if I need to continue Service. We lose our Access, our Data, Internet work, and consistent slowing down of Access, or no Access at all on some occasions. It won't troubleshoot phones or correct problems. It asks to extend plan, pay more money, to get service, or my data speed will be limited. Our original plan consists of Unlimited Day, Talk, Text, Videos, Music, Files, Word, Etc. Yet Customer Service apologies, but cannot do anything to refrain from interrupting our Service. This is fraudulent, and has much discrepancy in their offers, services and contract...

Whenever I complaint, and report their issue of fraud and wicked dealings, they offer me 6.24 credit on few occasions??? I was livid! For all the years and monies my family has spent these years monthly. A $6.24 credit? I Told them, "$6.24 cannot buy me dinner... how DARE you" I said? It IS Fraudulent, and illegal, against FCC, AND CUSTOMER PUBLIC RIGHTS. THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS ANY FURTHER, BANNED FROM ALL FCC REGULATIONS, AND companies, that deals with communication for the public... I advise all, do not trust VM ADS & PROMISES, Or Buy their PHONES Or USE THEIR SERVICE. They are not decently Honest Company. You will deal with lies, and promises, with stress after stress and much frustration, wasting your money.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I am so very happy to be cancelling my account with Virgin Mobile. This company has made it quite clear they do not want my business. I have been with Virgin Mobile for many years, but they've made it clear they do not want me as a customer because I don't subscribe to the more expensive plans. So if you are a light phone user I definitely would NOT recommend you do business with this company. Since Virgin Mobile does not treat all of their customers the same, however, I would really like to recommend you do NO business at all with them. I can say now it is so refreshing to go somewhere else and be appreciated for the money I spend with that company! Goodbye VM!

Original review: May 19, 2018

After updating the software I was reminded of from Virgin Mobile I began to accumulate MANY NONSENSE Apps on my phone. If I want these particular things I will download them myself. But please don't shove things down my throat... Let alone give me a hard time to get these damn icons off my home screen... I pay 60$ a month and have to say the last 4_5 months my blood has been boiling. Error... This site is not private. May be used to hack information. That's cool!!! But every where I try to go on some days I get this Error and for days at a time. But this new update is a joke!!!

First off my camera no longer works. Yes!!! I tried resetting my phone 4 times!!! Took battery out looked for updates. Did it all. Then a couple days later... My entire home screen is full of ridiculous unasked for Apps!!! Had a hell of a time getting rid of them. Uninstalling all the crap they just put in. Virgin Mobile I don't know what you're trying to do But I'm so not impressed... You have caused me a lot of time sitting here trying to fix my phone for the damage you created with your dumb updates. I' m 53. I don't need all napster for God sakes! Or Uber!

Don't install this ** on my phone... All these childish games!!! Ridiculous. You have lost me for a customer. What a turn off and joke... and by the way... Your automated voice... Yay! The annoying dude who talks like he just smoked **... Why does he have to speak so fast. I have to replay just to hear what he said. Slow down Virgin Mobile... you're going to see a big decline in your number of customers. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way... Don't shove something down my throat I didn't ask for... Thanks for the memories.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I've been with Virgin Mobile for 10 years but recently I'm having problems with their customer service & their technical support. No matter how many times I've added a data pack it's never acknowledged. I've had to repeatedly contact them about this issue & they keep sending me text messages that they have added the data pack that I paid for. Then I keep getting text messages the next day that I have no data left. This has been going on for several months now. My account has never showed that the data pack was added. Just a repetitive text message but nothing in my account acknowledging my data pack credit. I became so frustrated with their unprofessional, rude, arrogant behavior & their far out lies that I began recording these morons. Their story changes every time.

Where is the owner of this company who appears to be oblivious to his incompetent staff. Charles Branson, you've failed before & broke down & cried. Are you paying attention to all the negative reviews from your customers who have been leaving when the incompetent people who work for you don't have a clue as how to be professional. They tell different stories & it's always different each time. Do you not train these people to learn to be professional, honest, no theft policy or you're FIRED!!?? Wake up or you will lose again. I have many friends who have left Virgin Mobile cellphone carrier to go with a more professional company and I'm leaving as well.

Would you like to listen to all of our recordings of your rude, lying, pathetic staff who steals our hard earned money!? Where are you amidst this pathetic staff who represents your company? Do you not train them properly or are they so underpaid that they're intentionally behaving like a 2 year old so that your company will take a nosedive? You claim to be recording these unprofessional thieves but are our conversations with these morons really recorded? We have been recording them since 2017 as something wasn't right any longer. I was a customer for a little over 10 years but as of this year I couldn't take the constant runaround, rude, pathetic, incompetent, lying behavior. If you're not paying attention to your staff who represents Virgin Mobile you'll lose again & break down crying. No longer interested in the headaches, the lies, inconsistent BS of your patience staff so I have now chosen a great company.

Original review: May 6, 2018

When looking for a new mobile contract I chose Virgin as the TV service we have had was consistently good. However the mobile service is like dealing with muppets from another planet. In March I purchased the mobile contract of J3 Samsung. 3 weeks later it breaks down. It takes 5 day for them to send a return packet. Receive 13 April. It takes 5 more days for them to make a diagnosis. They said it was unrepairable to claim on my insurance. It took 3 calls to the insurance to get them to process my claim as one girl got confused with the number I was calling from when I clearly stated the number I was talking about. Another said they had to have the phone back, on checking my policy I found that was incorrect. Anyway eventually they sent me a refurbished mobile not a new mobile as promised in the agreement.

On trying to connect and unlock the phone rang Virgin who after another ping pong between insurance and Virgin. Finally stated that it needed to be registered. Have the new phone registered on their Virgin IT system. Wait another 5 days, after more ping pong between Virgin and Virgin assurance Asurion suprise they still can't unlock it. They say the insurance company can only do that, I am now waiting for another random brain cell with a pulse to call me back.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I've been with Virgin Mobile since 2015 when I switched from a different prepaid provider. At first, I was excited because I had never owned a smartphone before and they promised good service. For about a year, I thought it was OK but then I started experiencing dropped calls and network outages. I would attempt to use my phone and it had no network coverage available. Very bad when you have an emergency! I stuck with them until today, though, because I didn't know who to switch to but I finally ported my number and got a new phone with Cricket Wireless.

I had to have my account number from Virgin to make the change and couldn't find it on their website (the rep stated that it was due to a privacy or security issue) and the rep I spoke to was helpful. I have to also give them credit for helping me activate my service in the beginning. I had trouble but Virgin Mobile called AT&T for me and had my number ported. I probably would have stayed with them but they are also going to strictly iPhones (Android users are still supported but no new Android phones will be sold starting in Fall 2018) and I am firmly against Apple because of their unsavory practices with outdated phones.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I spent at least an hour to swap my phone from ZTE to LG today. Virgin staff could not do it. I have two line with Virgin. My wife's phone number was canceled for no reason this time and they could not reestablish old number. Virgin staff gave her new number. She lost number after seven years. I am still stuck with my old Zte phone. Technical staff is poorly trained. They cannot help. I am afraid to call for help. They screwed up your current service. This is my second time experience.

Original review: April 6, 2018

They are very friendly on the phone when you called them and they help you with any issue you have including phone service and phone related questions. They sell very reasonable phones on their website.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I am not even going to describe my experiences with Javier and most of Virgin Mobile's customer service call center. Javier is supposedly a supervisor and I actually spoke with his supervisor, Jarod maybe? And he completely ignored the fact that Javier and the people below him have no freaking clue about what it actually takes to solve someones problems. I called maybe 10 today and my first 5 calls went equally as terrible and that's how Javier got involved. I do not think they have any clue you have to wait on the phone for 20 minutes trying to navigate the maze of stupid questions that have nothing to do with why I am even calling. Please someone higher up than Jarod or Javier go back and listen to all 10 of my calls and teach these people not to waste paying customers time with absolutely asinine customer service!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought iPhone X device from Virgin Mobile. I claim for the replacement to Virgin smart care. Therefore it's one month passed and they did not provide me any information about my device. They have same excuse, "We have none in our stock." They did tell me any estimation time. Now I am totally fed up from the services provided by Virgin. I have contract based deal with them of 24 months. Honestly speaking, this company do not care about their customer. So my suggestion don't buy any device from the Virgin Mobile care.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I've been in contact with Virgin Mobile about having the new iPhone 6s plus I purchased through Virgin mobile certified pre-loved phones for the inner circle plan returned. The phone came to my house faulty as the touchscreen doesn't recognize/acknowledge my fingers and since the phone is unable to be used I can't activate it. I've spoken with 4 customer service representatives, 3 tech support staff, 3 people from the inner circle team and lastly Phil from the 90 day exchange team. I am very frustrated as I've continued to get the runaround, I just want some answers so I can get a working phone.

Every representative has been completely unhelpful and keeps transferring me over and over again. The order goes, customer service - tech support - inner circle - 90 day exchange and then they say they will 'call' me back. The first time I was going to be called back was in 24-48 hrs, second time was 2 hours and both times they never called. Worst customer service I've ever had and if they would like to say anything besides, "we apologize for your inconvenience and thanks for waiting" I have a case number I can provide.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had 2 phones from Virgin. One broke with a minor error. I sent it off to get fixed and they said the screen was broke and I had to pay £232 to fix it even though it was 2 months old and in its warranty. I refused and Virgin sent my phone back with screws missing and with damage you could describe as that of someone who tried to open it with a hammer. The 2nd phone broke the exact same way. I took it to a phone shop who did some sort of reboot and fixed it for £10. I was livid. I phoned to complain about the state it was sent back to me and the poor customer service and I was laughed at.

They also don't have a complaints department. Every person I spoke to found it very amusing what had happened and refused to help. I canceled my TV deal with them as that was the only thing I could do. 18 months later I canceled my phone contracts. They kept on taking money and told me I had never canceled or give notice on my bill and kept taking money without consent from my account. I hate Virgin and their sniveling money grabbing owner Richard Branson with a passion. Everyone is better going to any other company with at least some customer service. Any company who has no complaints department is obviously going to have poor customer service. Virgin are nothing but criminals.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Virgin Mobile fails to put purchase transaction through. They charge my card, then immediately reverse the charge. Tried 3 different credit cards and my debit card to no avail, both on their website and over the phone with their reps and they can't do anything. Spent hours on the phone with Virgin Mobile reps conferencing my banks in to prove this is not the bank declining the transaction - all time wasted for nothing. 0/5 stars Virgin Mobile! You should not be in this business if you're not even able to let your clients complete the purchase/sign up.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Originally we had 4 phones with Virgin Mobile. We had almost no service in Key West although they said they had service there. We were unable to find it. We moved 3 of the phones (well not the phones as VM does something so they can't be used again) to T-Mobile. I had balances on the 3 accounts and after we moved them and I called to get a refund VM tells me they have no record for any of my phones and that once I move the number it wipes out all history on the account. I am now moving the last phone and I emailed to ask what my account number is because you need that to keep your number and CS tells me that they can't give that out in email and that I need to call the number below. They provide no number to call so I replied and asked for the contact number and they replied back after 2+ days to give me the number to call and to also let me know that there is no way to get to a live person with a menu option.

I called and spent 10 minutes trying every option to try to get to speak to a live person. If you input that you are having technical difficulties with your phone it will get you a live person who will ask for all your verification info and then when you tell them what you need they say they need to transfer you and that it will be additional waiting time before someone can get me a 7 digit number. Long story short - wasn't worth dealing with VM to keep the same number and have removed credit card from account so VM will have to figure out that we are no longer customers. I am not sure how anything with them can be any worse. Cost is more expensive than most other carriers and not sure where they actually have service and their website provides you almost no info on your account and CS is pretty bad also. Richard Branson needs to own up and clean this crap up!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Virgin Mobile shipped my phone to the wrong address though I notified them repeatedly. When FedEx tracking showed they were shipping it to the wrong address. They kept saying they were correcting the problem, but I waited all day for delivery and the phone never arrived. FedEx has no record of VM contacting them, only that the phone was last seen when placed in a FedEx box. And VM is refusing to try and have the phone returned or locate the phone, but wants me to file a stolen phone police report before they say they will refund the money I paid for the phone.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I wanted to give the Virgin Mobile a chance to see if they have better and faster service than my present provider as they really wanted to give me a month free trial to see how good their service is. I am warning you, DO NOT get this service installed! The quality and the range are so bad that we were not even able to connect at all in half of the house. I called to cancel the service and get my old internet working again, as their technician came in, disconnected our old service and connected theirs instead. I never canceled my service with the old provider in case I will be dissatisfied.

They do not send their technicians back! You are responsible to connect your old service. They will not come to your place again and if you don't know how to do it yourself, you have to call the old provider to make a technical call and you have to pay for it $60 or depending on the company. In a meantime, they immediately disconnected us (even if we still had two weeks of trial for free). They would not tell you, they will disconnect you immediately. I found this out from the representative afterward at the end of our conversation when I had questions. They would not connect us again for a few days until the technician will connect our old service. Now we are left with no service at all!!! REALLY?! Furious.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Free $100 Amazon card with purchase of new iPhone. Never got code or gift card. Called 3 times. Got nowhere and nobody speaks regular English so they make it like it's a communications problem. I'm done. Been there since the beginning. I don't recommend!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Granddaughter purchased used iPhone 7 from Virgin Mobile. Her phone died, so she purchased used one from this company and paid extra for overnight shipping. Received next day, did not work. Tried to contact them but had hard time getting someone except for them to tell her to send it back and when they received phone they sent her, they would then send a replacement. Due to job and school, she needed phone immediately. Took phone VM sent to her to Apple store and it failed all tests. They offered replacement for $150 but kept iPhone received by VM. Any attempt to get them to reimburse her kept saying to send back phone they sent her. What a rip. If this failed at the Apple store, why was this sent to her to begin with. Need to make people aware of their practices. Cannot get anyone to help her out at VM.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Virgin are the epitome of a nightmare company. My experience has been absolutely awful, Terrible coverage, terrible service, mostly rude & incompetent call centre employees, my friends & family are with other companies & they receive bonuses & help when asked, every time I get a headache, they don't care about the people that pay their wages, data system is set up to make people pay more & you can't change that, never ever go with Virgin.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I was a Virgin Mobile customer for about 3 1/2 years. Here are some of my things I liked and didn't like about Virgin. Likes - Cheap phone plans compared to major carriers, easy bill pay and account settings, Runs good deals on phone every so often. Dislikes - Limited Coverage, Very slow almost unusable data after you exceed your amount. I would and would not recommend Virgin Mobile. If you live in an area that is rural you will most likely have very poor or no coverage. However, if you live in a highly populated area you will most likely have coverage. Also, once you use your 2.5 GB of data (for the $35 a month plan) your data slows down so much it is basically useless. I would recommend Cricket Wireless over Virgin because they have very comparable plans with more data than Virgin offers and much much much better coverage.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Called customer service. They changed my plan to a higher priced one. There was no one to talk to. Just pre-recorded nonsense. I got refurb phones that never worked and they didn’t always take them back. I hate this service. Had I known they were Sprint, I never would have selected them in the first place.

Virgin Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

• Best for: Virgin Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs