Virgin Mobile
1.57/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Virgin Mobile Reviews

1138 Virgin Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

VIRGIN MOBILE WILL STEAL FROM YOU: READ BELOW. I ordered a new phone from Virgin. Upon receipt, tried to activate. The website was non-functional, so tried by phone. I spent a total of 6 hours on the phone trying to activate. I spent another 3 hours the next day with their tech people trying to activate, no go. I decided to cancel service and return phone. I tried to use their web return function, took 2 days, then the next day got an email acknowledging return request and said they would handle it. Waited days, nothing. Called their hell lines, told they would send a return label. Waited and nothing.

Called again told they would send return label. Called again a week later, and suddenly they had no record of all my calls, and told they did not do return labels. Also told that they would not accept return since it was past seven days, even though I initiated return within 3. It was their incompetence/dishonest thievery that delayed it. If I thought taking them to small claims would amount to anything, I would. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Worst cell company ever in my personal opinion. Rude customer service employees and service of phone is almost none existence. I can't log into my Google account on my phone because the data isn't working. Highly recommend going elsewhere for a cell phone.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Virgin Mobile is awful. I’ve been with him since I graduated high school level six and they were not that bad. Now they are terrible. I got a six-month music subscription service. I put in my phone number three times. I have called to fix this issue. They make me restart my phone, reset my settings, give me other codes and text messages and nothing works. This is awful customer service and they outsource all their call centers to India and no one speaks any English. It’s a rip off or how bad this is.

When I first bought a phone I bought a used iPhone 6S and they gave me a phone with water damage I went to the Apple Store to get a new battery and they said that there was water damage and they couldn’t help me so then I had to buy a battery on Amazon to replace the battery myself. Not that bad of issues but I am not happy with Virgin Mobile shady business practices. Selling damaged phone with water damage is on except a bowl and they wouldn’t allow me to return it.

Richard Branson is a billionaire and a complete jerk. He needs to fix this company. You would think for a guy who’s worth billions would invest in better customer service and stop outsourcing to India! And they gave me a phone with water damage. I went to the Apple Store to get a new battery and they said that there was water damage and they couldn’t help me so then I had to buy a battery on Amazon to replace the battery myself. Not that bad of issues but I am not happy with Virgin Mobile shady business practices. Selling damaged phone with water damage is on except a bowl and they wouldn’t allow me to return it. I’m done!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

In 2006 finally broke down and got a cell phone after hitting a moose and finding no one on CB airwaves. Went with pay-as-you-go plan of 20... Top-Up every 90 days and make 1 phone call a month. Simple enough and met my needs. Over the next year other family members joined the ranks. I used the accumulated balances to upgrade our phones. Even bought smartphones knowing they would never be activated. They did make good cheap mp3 players and cameras though. Fast forward to Sept 2017 and Virgin Mobile doing away with that old plan and moving us to 20.00 per month plan for same phone only usage.

When we started in 2006, customer service wasn't too bad. But in the intervening years it went to less than nothing. A year ago I was sooo glad to find a carrier that is much cheaper. For 31.00/month we get 300 minutes talk, unlimited texts and free data if wifi is used. The 31.00 reflects 3 phones/accounts. The customer service is exemplary. If I contact them at a later date, representative will say "According to notes by so-and-so on such and such date you had this issue. Did it resolve? Are you having a new problem?"

The difference is night and day. Our cell phones are for emergencies so 300 minutes is more than adequate. Unlimited text is non-issue as we don't text much at all. Same with data. The best thing was we were finally able to activate those smartphones as enough time had passed. They were unlocked. Now just waiting till Dec so we can activate newer smartphones that were purchased from VM. Our old flip phones were donated to the women's shelter. To the reviewer that wanted to know what to do with balance accrued hope this review gave you some ideas.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I moved to Fido because of a better and cheaper plan and I have remaining device/contract balance with Virgin and they told me if don't pay it all in 2 months a collector agency will take over. It's like they're forcing me and rushing me to pay the entire balance where I could have pay it slowly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

To keep a long story short, my phone stopped receiving cellular data and service. I had already paid for the month it had stopped working - $53 and some change. I bought a new phone from T-Mobile, new plan... I had changed carriers. So, on the fifteenth of August, I had requested a refund as up until that date I had no working service on my Virgin Mobile phone. After 4 days of exchanging emails, I had finally received an email saying that I will be getting a refund within 7-14 business days or at the very latest, 30 days. Fast forward to September seventeenth... I had emailed Virgin Mobile yet again 2 days prior to the seventeenth in regards as to why I STILL had not received my refund of $53. And to my amazement, they replied to my email as if I HAD NEVER SPOKEN TO THEM BEFORE.

They asked me for all my information for my account as if I HADN'T ALREADY GONE THROUGH THIS ENTIRE ** PROCESS ONE MONTH AGO... SO... In short, if you're reading this and are wondering if you should get Virgin Mobile... Don't. Just don't. It's not worth it. The service is mediocre, the available phones are outdated or are very poor in performance and quality. They aren't worth a dime of your money. If I could give them a ZERO for a rating, I would. I cannot stress how much I dislike this company and how they do not give a ** about their customers.

If you're looking for good cell service with not just good customer service but with great cell service AND great phones, T-Mobile is the way to go. I've always been aware of the saying "You get what you pay for" and this statement holds true when speaking of Virgin Mobile. It'll be worth every penny buying a phone and plan from a REAL carrier. The difference is night and day. So again, in short... ** VIRGIN MOBILE and ** their absolute piss poor excuse of "customer service".

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Been with Virgin Mobile for several years and want to switch to patriotmobile.com but cannot for another year because Virgin Mobile will not unlock the phones I bought from them. I purchased the phones but apparently Virgin still owns them. On the Virgin mobile website they state that they do not lock phones. They are liars.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

They cancelled my phone contract Sept 1, kept my 260 unused minutes - because I had updated credit card info in April. Dealing with them is like pulling teeth... through your rear. I wonder how they continue to exist.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Don't buy a phone from Virgin Mobile - They don't work!!! Good luck trying to get your money back. I have been trying to get someone that speaks English. The only thing they do is put you on hold or hang up. Very bad customer service. I just bought 5 iPhones and now that they have my money, no one will talk to me about the iPhone that doesn't work. I'm going with a different carrier - one that's based in the US with employees that speak English and understand that the phone doesn't work!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I purchased a phone via the Virgin website. I ordered the wrong phone and have tried unsuccessfully for over a week to get it returned. I have contacted them via email over 10 times and still have no resolution. WARNING - there is NO customer support phone number to call. You have to do everything via email and they take a day or two to respond to your request and then do not answer your question. Not worth the hassle and headache to ever deal with this company again.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We were Virgin Mobile customers for eight years. I was pretty content with the phone service. I'm not a heavy phone user. I rarely went through even 1GB of data. Last year I bought a new iPhone and realized that they had made it to where you could not keep your cheap grandfathered 1GB plan for $35 if you needed or wanted a new phone. This should have been a warning that they were going down the toilet. I ponied up an extra $15 a month to have a newer iPhone SE with more storage space. I kept my iPhone 5s as it still worked okay.

My in-laws were also customers, and had been for eight years as well. They are retired and traveling some, and they needed a phone to use in Europe on a vacation that was coming up. I said, "Hey, no problem, I can unlock that old iPhone 5s from Virgin's network and then you can pop a European SIM in it and you'll have a phone." I had been with the evil empire, er, I mean AT&T, prior to going to Virgin Mobile and they had always unlocked my phones after the service contract was up with zero problems. If you're doing worse than AT&T in customer service, you might want to reassess your business operations, but I digress. So I called Virgin Mobile, and request to have my old iPhone I wasn't using unlocked and explained why. The customer service rep said, "No problem, it will be unlocked in 24 hours." This was in March of this year, shortly after they booked the tickets.

I never considered that it was not unlocked, because the rep said it would be. Fast forward to last week. The SIM card my in-laws ordered from Telestial arrives, and we put it in the phone and I know y'all are going to be shocked, but the phone wasn't unlocked. My in-laws needed a working phone within four days, so this wasn't looking good. I call Virgin Mobile Customers Service on Friday afternoon. The rep was very nice (the last one had been as well) and she told me that she could see that I had requested that the phone be unlocked and she had no idea why it wasn't. She told me that to not worry at all, that it would be unlocked in 24-48 hours and that she would even call me back to make sure that it was done. I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. Lie to me once, and I'm not going to trust you to tell me the truth. Not to mention she could see I'd requested it and it hadn't been done.

So, at that point I accepted what she said, thanked her, and decided that there was no way they were unlocking the phone before my in-laws left for Europe on Tuesday. When Sunday afternoon came, more than 48 hours had passed, we decided to go with a different carrier. The price was actually about the same, and they are giving free Netflix subscriptions and their customer service was delightful and my in-laws and I have phones with unlimited texting and data usage in 210 countries now.

Virgin Mobile lost three lines/customers because they wouldn't unlock an old phone that we were only going to use on vacation overseas where they don't offer coverage. But of course the ordeal wasn't over. I spent about three hours between Sunday evening and Monday morning trying to get our phone numbers transferred. When we first signed up for Virgin Mobile your telephone number was your account number, but at some point they made a secret account number that is displayed nowhere on your account page and you must have that to port the number to another carrier. You have to contact them, there is no other way, and they're going to ask you why you're leaving. I think that's bull and that you should be able to leave a company without speaking to them.

It took a while, I didn't want to talk to them, so I was able to do it through text message but I did get the account numbers. I called our new provider's porting service and updated the account numbers, and a note to you all, don't do the phone number you're on the phone with first because it was actually cut off before the rep had finished confirming all of them. We were able to transfer the numbers but it was a huge pain. Virgin Mobile ain't what it used to be. They lie and tell you that things will be done, and they aren't. Their service also isn't any cheaper than some of their competitors which was really their primary draw. Their service reps are very nice, but that doesn't really help when everything else isn't.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My Virgin Mobile phone just quit working. I ordered a new one on Thurs and on Mon I still don't have it. I called and was on hold forever. I was told it be tomorrow night before I receive the phone. I was told I could not have a refund for the days as I pay in advance. I will be looking for another service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

It started with me being extremely excited when getting a SIM was so easy; Fast and easy, I was thrilled; Had the number for some time, I could adjust the options, it was all cool until the moment I've canceled the number, moved country, and basically just closed the account. I kept receiving emails with promotional offers, emails about renewing the contract and so on; Unsubscribed numerous times. NUMEROUS times; Got tired of the SPAM and contacted Virgin; They just then actually confirmed they closed the account, and I will no longer receive emails.

Another month goes, and the emails keep coming; The level of disrespect is huge; Contacted Virgin again; A lobotomised customer care person insists feeding me lines like: "Your number is cancelled already, in order to not receive any advertising emails please click unsubscribe button in the email." - (GUESS WHAT, I ALREADY DID THIS) and "We will forward the query to the concern team." This is plain unacceptable and I will not advise anyone to get a sim from VIRGIN.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a Virgin inner circle sim on 17th June 2018. I called the customer care to activate the sim. The person took all the details and I was told that I should wait for next 2 Hrs for the activation. I waited for 3 hrs and called customer care as there was "No Service" showing. Then after doing some troubleshooting I was told to wait for another 2 Hrs. The process went on for the entire day. The next day when I called as there was still no service the customer care person told to wait for 3 days as I am porting the number so it might take some time. I agreed and wait for next 3 days. Then after 3 days when I called again the another person did all the troubleshooting for another few hrs. I told that time if the sim can't get activated to please process the refund request.

I told for the refund for quite a few times. The customer care didn't listen to me and told that he placed a request for another new sim and I won't have any problem with the new sim and he guaranteed that. I received the sim after 5-6 days. When I inserted that sim it was showing same No Service. Then I called the customer care with the problem and the person started doing all the troubleshooting again. I told him that I have already done all these a lot of times. Nothing could be done so better process the refund. Even that time the agent didn't listen to me. He said to wait for few hrs/days the sim will get activated for sure and I was told that someone will call from the NETWORK team.

I never received any call EVER. Then I called and straight away told to process the refund. Even that time the agent was not listening and was asking me to wait to for next few days as they are working on my problem. That day I didn't listen to anything and was firm on my decision. I was told that they have placed a refund request and I should get that within 7-10 business days. I called after 10 days as I didn't receive that refund in my account and that time. I was shocked to know that no one ever processed any request for refund.

That day a lady agent was handling this case, She then told me I shouldn't get worried as she has done the request and also gave me a confirmation number (**) and also told me I should get the refund within next 3 days and if I don't get it I should call back after 3 days with the confirmation number. Today when I am calling after 3 days after checking the account the person is saying I can't get the refund as I have crossed the time limit. WHAT IS THIS!!! I wasted so many days just because I was told from the customer care that my sim will get activated and moreover when I asked to process the refund request in the beginning for so many days why the customer care person didn't process it and lied to me.

This is a case of cheating a customer. Is this way Virgin treat a customer by cheating on him/her?? I made a simple request that if none of the sim could get activated then I should get the refund. I am using the same phone with different carrier and it is working absolutely fine and to be honest I have never faced this sort of problem with any carrier. I even told either you activate the sim or refund the sim money. The team could neither activate the sim nor process the refund as the refund process should be done within a time frame.

When I asked to process the refund in the beginning it was the Virgin customer care person who ignored my request completely and wasted so many days so that they don't need to do the refund. I am just here for a justice and get the refund. Please train your customer service agent so that they don't cheat on any customer with their hard earned money. It is a humble request to process the refund money for the sim and if you want to collect both sim please do it and take some action as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I love Virgin Mobile: I love the product, but the customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. Every time I have a problem, agents typically play the transfer game. All they do is transfer you if they can't do want you need. This game happens on every phone call that I have a problem on. Richard Branson, I am asking you to move your call center out of the Philippines. Normally, agents are super polite and helpful in this area of the world. But, Virgin Mobile CUSTOMER SERVICE is the WORST.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Tried to get a phone unlocked that was purchased one month before the FCC made it mandatory that all phones be sold unlocked. So I tried to get it unlocked because their service always (I MEAN ALWAYS!) drops call. Also, I was lucky to ever get 4G... heck 3G would have been an amazing accomplishment for them. Most of the time it was 2G or nothing. Anyhow, one trick they try is constantly hanging up when transferred. Another is giving you the wrong unlock code just so you will go away. I made over 30 calls and even filed a complaint with the FCC. The FCC was as helpful as a punch in the face. Virgin Mobile customer service states there is back office that handles these issues and they don't have a number to that back office... Hmmm a phone company without a phone number to its other offices (oh yes that is believable). DO NOT GO TO VIRGIN MOBILE. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I am a Virgin Mobile Client in Canada. 3 months ago, I changed to Koodo because they offered a better deal. Then, after 2 weeks with Koodo, customer service from Virgin called me and offered 7GB for 45$ for 2 years. I wasn't sure if I would like to move again, and then they offered an extra $100 discount to move back to Virgin. I accepted! My mistake... I was using the internet when I suddenly received a message saying that I couldn't have the plan that they offered because they don't have this plan and they don't know why their customer service offered me.

The first guy that received my call, he said that he could read in the notes, that the customer support offered me that plan 7GB for 45$. Then, they said that they would me return the call in 2 days, but of course, they never called back. Just now (30/07/2018), I called a very unpolite woman, that said they couldn't honor and when I asked her to read the notes she just hung up the phone without saying anything. I never imagined that I would a customer service like this. Now, I will do my best to guarantee that no one buys Virgin anymore. I'll spread this experience that I had, as much as I can. They could solve this problem being polite, but it's not the case in this company. 3 of the 4 customer service associate that I talked about were very unpolite. It seems to me, that this company doesn't care about the user at all!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Virgin Mobile is an unfair company when it comes to payments. First the service is terrible so I decided to look around and decided to go to Verizon. The day when I was to get cut off, if I did not make a payment I decided to pay for the upcoming month, thinking I would get a refund. That same day I switched service. I called Virgin Mobile to get my payment returned and they said they could not do so. They kept my money! I know it was only $35.00 but I was not using their service for the next month! Do not use Virgin Mobile... I will never use them again!

Original review: July 24, 2018

We purchased two of the LG G4 phones in Jan 2017. In May or June of 2017 I had to send my phone for repair because the screen on the left side was jumping up and down making impossible to use any functions. After running around and making numerous phone calls to LG and Virgin, I finally received the info as to where to send the phone. My phone was gone for probably 6 to 8 weeks which was fine. I did not want to pay a ridiculous for a loaner. My phone came back and it was fine for a while.

In Jan 2018 the same problem started again. Instead of sending it out again I just decided to use it for emergency only while still paying my monthly bill. In June of 2018 the phone became absolutely useless. I can't even make a phone call because it's impossible to tell where the numbers are when the screen is going crazy. Today I am going to call Virgin to see if they will do anything. I have just read about the looping problem that LG has acknowledged. Hopefully I will have a useful phone when this is over and will not have to dish out a few hundred dollars.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Virgin Mobile has worked well for me. I regularly use this phone every week and I have had little or no difficulty. I think others would also benefit from having this phone.

Original review: June 27, 2018

VM discontinued service without warning due to a network upgrade at Sprint in the middle of my billing cycle. Was told I had to purchase a new phone and calling plan to reestablish service. I complained and they offered a refund of the last billing month (I hadn't used even a fourth of my voice minutes for the month). I then quit Virgin Mobile and went with a different carrier assuming I had the refund coming. Received voice mail that my refund was cancelled as I had made too many calls, even though I paid for minutes not calls. Classic bait and switch tactic. I still can't figure out why they didn't just discontinue service at the end of my billing cycle; instead they took my monthly payment first and then discontinued the service.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My phone malfunctioned in January of this year. It would come on, but was otherwise inoperative. I have never had a PIN, as I had no need for one. When it was time to add money, I just went to Top Up, gave them the phone number and a credit card number. Since I couldn't log into the account, having no PIN, I called the Our team on a landline and explained the situation. They advised me that the Vkey was the PIN number. The PIN has 6 numbers and the Vkey has 8, so that didn't work. I e-mailed them. They said they would send me another PIN to my phone (which is inoperative).

I emailed them on Feb. 8 and explained the situation AGAIN, and received more info on how to make a payment and log on to my account. Now, today, when I asked for a refund, they tell me it has been more than 30 days since the charge, so no refund could be given. I reminded them that I contacted them on Feb. 8, which was less than 30 days. Now, the response is to go through my credit card company to get the refund. I HAD been a loyal customer for several years, but now, after getting the runaround, I am elated to be rid of them and go with Sprint, who has a much cheaper rate for someone who doesn't do much phone talking or texting.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I bought an iPhone X with Virgin Mobile with their Black Friday promotion wherein with an iPhone X purchase they offered a $200 rebate card after being with them for 2 months. First they did not say anything about registering for the offer and when I called them back in February they said I need to register. I registered then and was told to get my card in 14 business days. Now it's June and I have not yet received the card. I have contacted their customer support multiple times spending hours waiting on the line. Every time they keep saying that am eligible for the offer and they will dispatch the card with next 14 days and also they will call me once they dispatch my card. I have got the same excuse every time I call them.

I feel I made a fool out of myself choosing Virgin Mobile when every company was running some promo on iPhone X when I bought. This is clearing cheating and as a customer I feel helpless that am not able to do anything about this because one of their terms is we need to be a customer when the rebate card is issued. So only option left is to forego the rebate card. This is blatant cheating and I no more wish to continue with their service.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I like Virgin Mobile because it does have a great reception even in the mountains which was 0 with T-Mobile. Have been now with Virgin Mobile 10 yrs and although I try to upgrade there is always a plan that is at my speed unlimited min + txt data 5G. Just wish I would have more 4G available but for $35 you can't be too choosy. Most of my friends pay $100+ with AT&T or Sprint itself!

Original review: June 8, 2018

On December 23, 2017, I purchased an iPhone 6 through Virgin Mobile's website. They were running a promotion in which you buy a qualifying iPhone and receive a $150 visa gift card. After confirming that the phone I picked did indeed qualify, I called their customer service number and placed the order, again, confirming with the agent that this particular phone did qualify. This particular promotion also came with another promotion, get 6 months of service for $1.00 per month for 6 months. Now, I've been with Virgin Mobile for several years, but last year they announced they were going to be iPhone exclusive, and rolled out their new Inner Circle plan. I was still on the old plan, but once I bought my new iPhone, I would be enrolled in the Inner Circle, with the new rate starting after my 6 months of $1.00 was complete. No problem, I thought. It sounded clear cut, and I've never had any problems with Virgin Mobile before.

The problem, however, is that it is now June 2018, and I have yet to receive my $150 visa gift card! The promotion rules stipulated that it would be sent after 2 billing cycles were completed. That was March. I received a submission form in January, and filled it out and sent back immediately with all the info to receive my gift card. I received a link and a tracking number so I could check the status of the card. It went from saying "card pending", to Status-invalid (iPhone missing UPC, household limit exceeded, and it's been that way since February.

Now, I've logged several calls to their customer service, and got several excuses: "Status invalid was incorrect, I do qualify, etc. and so on". I have re-submitted all the necessary information multiple times to their customer service agents via phone, and also their social care agents on the community website. I might add that there are several posts on that community board from people who are experiencing the same problem, they also have been waiting several months for their gift cards, some even from a similar Black Friday promotion back in November 2017. The one thing we all have in common is the same tired excuses from Virgin Mobile customer care agents, our cases are escalated.

I received a message via the community board 3 weeks ago from a social care agent saying my card was re-issued and I would be receiving it in 10-14 business days. Well, today is the 14th business day, and frankly, I've had enough! I don't know what's going on there with the Virgin Mobile company, but I'm done with the scripted excuses. As far as I'm concerned, this is fraud, and/or false advertising! This was the first time I took part in a promotion like this, and it will be my last! I am currently looking for another carrier, and I would strongly suggest people steer clear of this company! I have kept all correspondence from them concerning this matter, and I now chalk it up to an expensive learning experience. Thank you, Consumer Affairs, for giving me a forum to express my outrage and frustration with this company and my experience with them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I don’t do streaming or make a lot of calls, hence my needs are far simpler than most cellular consumers. I use Virgin Mobile service principally for purchasing meals, or coffee, and email, or text messages.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I called Virgin Mobile USA at approximately 9 am to set up an auto pay which is $4 cheaper than month by month. I mistakenly paid the monthly fee, then set up the auto pay. A half hour later when every time Id try access it had error messages to call customer service, which I did and the explanation was the sire was down for updating. I explained what happened and was told the monthly fee would be held and applied to the "monthly rate" tomorrow, and would NOT be charged again. I checked with a site testing webpage, and it turns out their site was NOT down. So I called Bank of America, to find they had already taken the nearly $40 out, so I went through the customer service at VMusa again, and this time was told that I WOULD be charged another monthly fee tomorrow. ONE of those two Virgin Mobile customer service people was lying!

So I called BOA to put a stop payment on the $40 fee already taken out, as I would be billed tomorrow anyway only to have the associate tell me I can't stop payment on that purchase because it was (a) electronic and (b) not a recurring fee. This was news to me! I can't stop a payment made in error of my own money, from my own 18 year old checking account? In essence once my money is deposited, it is no longer mine, and the bank decides what I can and can't do with it.

I don't have time to keep calling places with 25-40 minute hold times, because I have to make a deposit before the payment due tomorrow is posted and what should have been a total of $35 turns in to $105 between overdraft and multiple charges. So I have no resolution method to relay to the people, and I do apologize for that. We will see what happens, but somebody is going to pay that back. I am sick to death of (seemingly) NO companies act in an ethical or moral manner, with most refusing to BE honest until and unless a suit is filed. Ain't the US I was raised in! All this was between 9am-230pm Monday June 4, 2018.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been with this company (Virgin Mobile) for many years & it has been great for the most part. Coverage is not perfect - not everywhere, especially rural places, but otherwise great!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am grandfathered in to a Virgin Mobile plan 18 cents minute, paying 20.00 every 90 days. I never use enough to spend it. I have a bank of $350.00+ which I cannot spend or use by talking, can anyone buy me out?

Original review: May 29, 2018

Longtime Virgin Mobile client. Paid by month on time for years. Began to travel in areas. Their service did not work. Prepaid the last month, then next day found a phone/carrier that reached the service areas I needed. Contacted Virgin for a refund and was told someone would call me back. Still waiting for the return call and refund even though I've contacted them since. I get the same response as the first time for months over and over. I had to put a 1 STAR otherwise I would give 0 STARS FOR 0 CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Virgin Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

• Best for: Virgin Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs