Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.85/5

Virgin Mobile Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2020

This is an old school phone which is going to be extremely hard to find these days, but when it comes to phones, I like to keep it old school and reliable. An old neighbor from the place where they made me move from had this exact same make & model but with a slightly different carrier (Sprint)... It looks like at least some other people would like this kind of zone for a phone between a deluxe touch screen phone and the 1-dimensional flip phone, but they were sadly phased out by the rotten industry.

Original review: April 9, 2020

This is a great service provider and the plan is very affordable. I would recommend them to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a no-frills company. The phones are reasonably priced too. I came across this company years ago and purchased an additional line for my Goddaughter. She loves it and I can maintain it.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I am a senior lady who does not need fancy cell phones. But I like to have one for an emergency. So several years ago, maybe 10+, I bought a Virgin Mobile flip phone. It only costs $7.00 per month. $20 each 90 days. I love it. Although I rarely use it, I feel safe just having it. And it takes pictures, has a camera and can text. I would recommend this phone to anyone who has no need for a fancy phone or can't afford those high prices. Lucky I had it a few months ago. I was able to report a fire before anyone else was on scene and report an elderly gentleman accidentally drove on some railroad tracks and got stuck. I helped him out of his car and reported it on my trusty old flip phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I'll make it short and sweet, I have been with Virgin for several years now, and I have to say, I have had only the best experience with this company. Anytime I have an issue or question, they are always ready to help, very polite and knowledgeable. Very fast to correct any issues I may have, and always polite. That gets my vote every time!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I am a Virgin Home internet user for the last one year and my plan was about to finish. I called their loyalty department where I spoke to Mr. **. What an amazing customer agent. He helped me in extending my offer and plan for another year mainly in a matter of mins and also was very helpful and polite. I hope everyone finds people like Mr. ** when dealing with this company. Hire more people like him. Thanks for your help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: July 3, 2020

If I could give negative stars, I would. I am in shock at how Virgin mobile talks to potential clients. I signed up online for the most basic plan at $28/month a few days ago. I then received an email telling me that there is something super important regarding payment that needs to be sorted so I have to call them. I called and the agent (Josh, ID: **) and I learned that the credit check done on me was a hard check. So, I asked to speak with a supervisor to inquire about why it was necessary to do a hard check on a basic phone plan just for my own knowledge sake because this seems unnecessary. The agent told me that there was no point speaking with a supervisor and that I would be better off letting him complete his check so that I can get my account activated.

When I told him that I want to speak with a supervisor first and activate later, he got annoyed and started giving me attitude and speaking to me in a rather aggressive tone. I asked him to stop being so aggressive and asked that he just have a supervisor contact me. I had to then question why he was being so rude as I am a customer and he should not be speaking to me in such a rude manner. This was extremely unsettling so I took his name and ID and proceeded to inform him that I will wait to speak with a supervisor.

I decided to send a formal complaint on the site about this agent and received an email back from Virgin Mobile telling me that they cannot address my complaint until I complete my activation process and am a customer! Problem is that I do not wish to become a customer if this is how they treat theirs. Still, I figured maybe it was just that agent who was rude, having a bad day, whatever...

So I tried calling again and spoke with an agent (Eva, ID: **). She asked me questions and just kept asking super personal and ongoing questions. I eventually stopped and asked her why the whole process was so complicated. I'm just trying to sign up to receive a $28/month plan. This whole thing just isn't worth it. She proceeded to tell me that she can see from my file that I have already called in the morning and was uncomfortable with this whole credit check process and that I had requested to speak with a supervisor (again, with a SUPER aggressive tone!).

I'm baffled at this attitude that their agents have. It's super disrespectful and does not make me want to do any business with them. My issue is no longer with the credit check matter. My issue is with their representatives and the type of training that they are receiving. I DO NOT RECOMMEND anyone to join this company. Pay a little more to be respected by your phone provider. These guys do not deserve your money and they're certainly not getting mine, despite the fact that they have already conducted a HARD CREDIT CHECK on me. THEY WILL NOT GET MY BUSINESS.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Home internet - Called Virgin 15 mins ago but ended the call as it rang to rethink. Rec’d 2 call backs within seconds. Answered the 2nd time and kindly asked Ryan to stop calling. He agrees then calls back few seconds later. Extremely immature. Sealed the deal. Will not be going with Virgin.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I tried to call and get help with over data charges my daughter was making. Nothing could be done. I wasn't allowed to switch plans in my contract to no data and I had to pay an extra fee to put a data blocker on. So now she has zero data and I pay extra. They don't care about people's needs. Any little bit they can make more money off you they will do it. Beware.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Horrible customer service, Liars, staff keep me on phone and move me for one department to another. Each of them has another story. They even liars or don’t have any clue about the job, bureaucratic system, incompetent staff, I am trying for 3 months to separate to joint about, every time I call they say even too late even call next month. Horrible experience. Not recommend.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I had their services for one month then got my first bill with a $50 data overage charge. Asked them if they could shut my data off automatically when I reached my limit. They said no so I said, "Well I no longer want your services then" and canceled my contract. (I was a long term Koodo client and was just used to my data turning off automatically. Thought every mobile company would be on the same page by now). Anyways canceled my contract got the whole price of the phone on my next bill and I think most people wouldn't have the price of a new phone to just fork out In a month so I paid half of it one month and half the very next month. Well wouldn't you know it sent it to collections as soon as they got the chance. I read up on it after to see if they could do that and yup 31 days after the bill comes out they can send you to collections. So if you care about your credit and stress levels dont bother with them.

Virgin Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs

Virgin Mobile USA is a subsidiary of Sprint and offers prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones. The company operates in countries outside the United States under different ownership. It has been in business since 2002, and the U.S. headquarters are in Kansas City, Mo. They primarily offer unlimited plans, but custom pay-as-you-go plans may be available from select retail locations.

• Music streaming: Virgin Mobile customers with unlimited plans can stream music from one of the company’s partner apps, including Spotify, Pandora and others, without it counting against their high speed data usage.

• Data Packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data but don’t need a high-data plan every month can purchase Data Packs from their online Virgin Mobile account. Extra data is available for as little as $5 and is available for one month.

• Lost phone protection: If customers lose their phone, they can contact Virgin Mobile to have their service immediately suspended. Once they have a new phone, they can have the remaining service time and data transferred to their new phone.

• Additional features: Interested customers can add several features to their phone for an additional fee, including mobile hotspot connectivity, visual voicemail and text-to-landline service. They can also add CallWatch, which alerts customers to calls likely coming from telemarketers, bill collectors or scammers.

• International plans: Customers who regularly make calls to other countries can add international service to their plan for an additional monthly fee. Multiple international options are available to meet different customers’ needs.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team