Virgin Mobile

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Virgin Mobile Reviews

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

1211 Virgin Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

Had the phone replaced, replaced the Sim card today, still dropping calls. Tech never calls me back and when I call them the call gets dropped! I am canceling my Virgin Service and will NEVER attempt to use them again.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We've had Virgin Mobile for 5 years and never had a single problem. Until I switched from iPhone to an Android device. I couldn't receive text messages for 2 weeks, I spoke with tech after tech, spend way too many hours trying to get help until by divine intervention or luck of the draw FINALLY got someone who knew what they were doing (and I could understand) to help me. I would have given a higher rating if not for their tech department.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Worst customer service we ever met! Unfairly charged us £88 out of the blue. Clearly their system had problems and we have all proofs for that. We called the customer service, they did not listen and did not want to resolve an issue at all. On the second attempt to call them, they said that the manager will call in 3-5 days. The manager never called.

Weeks later we called again, they as always say "we may record our call for training and security purposes", however when we started to speak to a guy named Ceeja from complaints department we said, that "We also will be recording our call for us to have a proof of our conversation and what was said because the issue needs to be resolved." The guy said that this is against the UK law if we will be recording this conversation! But they do record always! What a jerk! So that guy, in a rude manner, said that he is finishing our conversation because we cannot record a call. Why? It looks like they do not want to be recorded because they lie to people and never want to be accounted for their words. The issue has not been resolved for already 4 months because they simply ignore. What a shameful service! Cannot believe this happens in the 21st century in England!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Virgin is the worst customer service ever had to deal with. Just switched from Fido after 20 years. Can't wait for contract to be over with, so I go back to company I trust and feel like a valued customer. I'm tired of agents giving me silent treatment and hanging up on us. We have 3 phones and lines and we are treated the worst. Never experienced so much disrespect from customer service rep. They are good to sell you the plan, but worst to help you out. Even the supervisor would hung up without even taking the call. If sups are like that, no wonder why agents are the same.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've been with Virgin Mobile for close to 8 years now and I can see that that means nothing to them. My current plan includes 2GB of data, and I've never used over 1GB of data ever! Last night my data had all gotten used up somehow and it's the first of the month so I have no more data for the rest of the month. At first I was chatting with a representative which took close to 25 minutes of her to get all the information she needed to confirm it was me (excessive question asking!) And in the end I was told to contact the loyalty team for help.

I call 611 from my phone and explain to another representative what had happened and told them I never go over my data and all I need is like 500MB to last me the rest of the month and that I never use my full 2GB and that there was some sort of error with my data usage somehow and she explained I must've had an app running. Her 2 options were to pay $20 for 1GB or upgrade my plan to a 6GB plan..even after I told her I don't even use 1GB which she can see on my account so paying for 6GB is useless. 8 years of loyalty and they make me pay an extra $20 for this especially when they can see in my history I never even use a full GB every month. Looking for new phone company today that respects loyalty a little more!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have been screwed over twice by Virgin agents. One I was was buying mobile service. I was told that I will be charged some amount for the first month and paid back the second month. It did not happen. I contacted to the company and they said the guy has not put any note, so they can not do anything and I need to go to store. Which is 1.5 hr far from my place. The other time I wanted to buy a cell phone. I went to the store, I picked a model, but because I refused some other offer they did not sell me the model I wanted.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for approximately 7 years now and today is the day I'm cancelling my service and seeking another service provider. The reason I am doing this is because of a botched phone replacement that left both my new and old phones unusable. My old phone I've used with Virgin Mobile services for at least 2 or more years is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine, purchased directly from Virgin. I recently came into possession of an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 that originally came from Verizon.

On the first registration attempt conducted via a call to customer service, the new SIM card I got for the S8 did not work. Customer service had me removed my old J7 SIM card and attempted to use that next. The S8 caused the old and new SIMs to lock up and not be usable. At this point Virgin ended the call after saying they were sending me a new SIM card. A week later I received the SIM card, we tried it again on the S8 via a phone call to customer service.

At this point my issue was escalated and another service tech was brought in to assist. We discussed the S8 and I was informed Virgin Mobile does not have a Bring Your Own Phone service and that the device was incompatible with Virgin Mobile. I understand and have no issue with that, and I informed the service technician as such.

Moving forward, Virgin Mobile sent me another SIM card in the mail so I could get my old phone working again and get my service back into its normal routine. Another week later (2 1/2 weeks into this issue now) I received the new SIM card and called customer service again to get the device set up. That set-up failed and it was determined the SIM card sent to me was incompatible with my old phone that had been working properly on Virgin Mobile for the last two years without issue. They sent me another SIM card a week later.

In previous registration attempts, they had always asked me for the IMEI of my phone and then the ICC ID of the new SIM card. This last call to customer service to activate the new SIM card they did not ask for the SIM ICC ID. I tried to explain that previous registration attempts used that number, and that this registration attempt should be no different. The Customer Service rep ignored my comments and had me follow a different procedure. I followed her instructions to a T and when the registration process again failed 3 times in a row, I attempted to again bring up the SIM ICC ID number. She quickly blamed the cell phone towers as the issue and not at all my phone or SIM card and informed me my phone should be operational without any further work needing to be done.

48 hours later, and nearly a month of working on this from the beginning, my phone is still unusable. After 3 weeks without a cell phone I need to find an option that will work for me, so I am cancelling my service with Virgin and searching for another provider. I've already paid for this months and next months service, of which I haven't used any of the services since then. I don't think I'll be getting a refund.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered new phone with plan and was cancelled without further notice. Called customer service and been transferred 5 times because the first person doesn't know what she's doing and been just transferring me over to random department. If you want huge headache and terrible customer experience, try Virgin Mobile!!! I'm surprise they are still in business the way they treat customers. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Do not, if you have any sense, use Virgin Mobile. They will use and abuse your trust. In England recently they were sued for 4.5 million pounds for terrible service and billing and lost, had to pay the company that sued them. Please, please don’t use them. Cannot stress this enough. This, from a person who is going through hell with them!!!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

I ordered a SIM card for my iPhone and changed my mind and asked for a refund. The rudest company ever!! Not only did they not inform two weeks past them receiving the card back but they gave me the runaround. I went back and forth with this company about getting a refund and they were nothing but rude to me. Also they refused to let me speak to a supervisor. I will never ever do business with this company. They have no idea about what goes on within the warehouse. How does a company like that stay in business? Trust me. This company is horrible. Do not trust them!!!!

Virgin Mobile Company Information