Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Reviews

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Virgin Mobile Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Don't do any business with Virgin Mobile or their subsidiaries. They are completely corrupt and rob their customers through unauthorized overcharges and interrupted phone services. Services for phone not usable 65 to 75 o/o of the time. Boycott them. Crooks + thieves.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Wish I could give less then 1 star, I had several issues with Virgin Mobile, I think they must be going out of business and don't care about their customers I have been with them about 10 years, me and my wife and everything was ok until recently they changed their plans and I have no say in the matter. I use their phone mostly just for emergency and when my battery ran low I would buy a new phone because I always have close to 400.00 credit. Because I pay every 3 months and if I don't use it, goes into credit. With their new plan I can not get a new phone without changing plans to 30 dollars a month. I tried to take my balance out and go somewhere else but they will only return last 90 days of credit, they will not return my credit and will not let me get a new phone without paying 30.00 a month to Sprint. Disgusted. Joe **

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

For over ten years we have been a customer of Virgin mobile under their top-up arrangement. This September, we noticed on our Mastercard, charges of over $200 for a three week period in that month. Up until that time we had been paying on average $25 every two months. Customer service refused to provide us with a breakdown of our calls saying only that there were a lot of long distance calls and the calls were valid. That phone has been for emergency and cottage use only and in our minds the usage that month did not change to that degree. Virgin has stone-walled every step of the way refusing to give any help in rectifying this situation. Contrasting this service with Rogers is the difference between night and day.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been with Virgin media pay as you go mobile. Paying approx £10 per month for pay as you go. Now from the 18th of November 2019 this will cost £2 per day ie £62 per month to make between 1 and 200 minutes per day so if I make only 1 call per day I am charged £2 then the texts it’s the same £2 per day for 1 to 200 texts. I think this is a rip-off as if I made 1 call and 1 text per day it will cost me £124 per month. That’s 940 percent more than I pay now. Where is this tip of coming from? Nothing goes up 940 percent. It is as if Virgin media want rid of all pay as you go include a paragraph which is highlighted to switch to some other company. What a cheek and I wish to make a formal complaint against this new changing and charging plan.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Spent 5 years with Virgin, 3 household accounts. When my phone got stolen, they offered to suspend my account and charge me in full. I asked if they could freeze it until I could afford a new phone, they scoffed and said no. Virgin Employee: dana, Staff ID: **. My current contract has 5 months remaining, and their idea of being good to their customers is to roll out the contract after a device is stolen and to not allow me a month or two so that I can get a new device. I spend 92.00 per month and have paid Virgin household over 215.00 per month. That's more than $2000.00 per year they just lost, because of inconsiderate policies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I had been with Virgin Mobile for almost ten years. I just recently switched to Sprint and I am very satisfied. Virigin Mobile customer service is too hard to reach and too hard to understand! You cannot activate your phone online. You always have to call. After reviewing Sprint and switching over I do not have anything nice to say about Virgin Mobile. I wish I would of switched sooner! When I switched to Sprint I got to keep my phone and phone number. Since I have a medical license I also didn't have to pay 30$ to switch.

At Sprint you can get more data coverage on their 35$ plan than Virgin Mobile. Also if you use autopay with Sprint your monthly charge becomes 30$. In the 30/35$ plan you also get Hulu. I also liked how I can go to a store and get help if needed. If you are considering using Virgin Mobile as your phone carrier I would recommend using someone else. Like I said I have been with Virgin Mobile for almost ten years but finally I am saying enough is enough.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I'm an Assurance customer. On Google internet it says Virgin Mobile phone is compatible. I spent a little over 58 dollars that I don't have for phone. The phone was late getting to me. I tried to activate for Assurance, not able to. I called Virgin Mobile within 30 minutes of delivery of phone. Was on phone with an annoying rep that again tried to activate phone even after I told him I had already spoke to an Assurance rep and was told phone is not compatible. He guaranteed he was going to help get phone activated. After 20 minutes he informed me of what I had already known. He gives me a phone number I had to call for returns.

I tried the number every hour for 25 hours with a recording they are closed. So next I sent an email and started process of calling their number again. Which unless you're giving them money the automatic telephone system is crazy to speak to someone. Finally I get someone and recorded her giving me the address for return to get refunded. I paid a little over 13 dollars to send phone back FedEx. They got phone back in 2 days. I just received email I'm not receiving a refund. Because I didn't return phone 7 days of purchase....um I sent phone back within 7 days I received it. Hell I didn't get the phone until after 7 days of purchase.... SMH.

So for someone on a fixed income and tight budget. I'm out a little over 70 dollars. To make things worst. Assurance was to charge me 5 dollars shipping to get a free phone from them. I've had their phone over a year. It don't charge properly, it gets hot within 5 to 6 minutes, has static and drops calls. So I don't think the 2 companies are good for those that are low income on budget.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Virgin Mobile is the worst company I have ever dealt with! First of all, their customer service isn't easy to reach. Then they sent me two trashed phones. They were absolutely no help! After going through everything they offered me a little, but I asked if there was anything else they can do. Then one of their specialists Johnathan wouldn't even transfer me to another person after I had asked him to until I paid more money! I had told him what I had already been offered then he wouldn't even do that!

This company only gives bad customer service (particularly Johnathan) and takes money from people! I would never wish this company (especially Johnathan) on any one! They kept on transferring me to more people and then the call would drop and I would have to start all over. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. If your phone doesn't work (no service or anything) they won't help you. What ever you do, don't buy from Virgin Mobile. It is worth spending whatever money it takes to go with another company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Virgin Mobile is the cheapest service I can find, but what you save in money you pay in stress and frustration. I have spent literally hours on their customer service line over the last few months trying to make changes to my plan and sort out errors. While their agents are extremely polite and pleasant to deal with, almost every time I phone, my request is either just not actioned (even though they confirm it has been done), or it is done incorrectly. Because of all of these errors I now triple check that we understand each other and still the change I think I'm making is not made. Some days I wonder if someone is playing a joke on me as I find it hard to believe a company's customer service can be this bad!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Virgin Mobile, sign up online (big mistake) received a broken phone, month later still waiting for a new phone. Have to use my old phone. Never received a agreement for service, called to get number for online banking. Given wrong number. Customer service was very rude, will not give out the right number. Do yourself a big favour, do not sign on with Virgin Mobile. Bill was to be 100.00 month (internet included) received bill for 226.00. This company a big joke, very poor service, untrained workings. Sign on with someone else. Had to pick a rating, 1 is the lowest I could go. I would rate them -5. Nothing but problems.

Virgin Mobile Company Information