Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Reviews

out of business
 3.4/5 (524 ratings)

About Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile was a no-contract cellphone service provider. Virgin Mobile customers in the U.S. are being transferred to Boost Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I am really disappointed with Virgin Mobile. I am a client for almost 3 years now. I paid all my bills on time. On Jan 11 I was double charged on my account. In Jan 12 I contacted Virgin and a refund was requested. Today is Feb 21 and I did not receive my refund back yet. This is an unacceptable situation, more than 5 weeks to receive the money back. Other than that I talked with different customer representatives and different information was given to me.

First representative told me that a regular will be made on my credit card within 24 hours. Secondo told me that a refund takes 20 days to be refunded to my credit card. Third Rep transferred me to the account department and I was told that a refund is not make by credit card by with a cheque mailed to the client and that takes 3- 4 weeks. I called account department again I was asked to wait one me week to receive the payment. After not received contact chat again and I still do not know when and how I will be receiving my refund back. This is frustrating and I am wasting my time to something that is my right to receive right way that is my refund back. This is a poor and terrible customer service. Many regret to choose this company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

It was not so good from the start when I signed up of wasted time and even the poor store employees were getting frustrated and were stunned how the activation went just to get my phone on line; I was red flagged for fraud and it did not make sense for all of us and was really frustrating and wasted everyone’s time; I had to prove that I was me playing phone tag for few days but finally got it activated; totally random store people were apologizing to me, that was the first issue. Second issue is when they send me a outstanding bill of 200 odd dollars and did not warn me what they said they would do by text with my data; all though my bill was not sent to me so I could not see or pay and decided to suspend my account without seeing how much I owe on the Virgin account.

I desperately tried to pay but my account was suspended and I was so frustrated cuz I live hour out of town; I tried to contact services but they did a run around circling rotation of different agents but nothing got resolved. By that time I lost calls from important sources that I needed to answer affecting my life; finally got someone who understood my problem but had to wait 7 days until my service got connected again, they assured me that no more hiccups will come into play and my service was good to go until third issue came into play my service was down for few weeks or so, no reason or heads up I received during Christmas holidays.

I was very upset cuz once again I missed important phone calls and work trying to get ahold of me and it was like pulling teeth trying to explain to agents and same run around phone tag and nothing got solved until the end. Finally remarkably I had full bars instead of 0 after I got through to an agent. My original plan was 90 odd for 10 gigs and that was included the phone fees also; I asked if they can compensated my stressful experience and of missing money opportunities and such, it was like pulling teeth again but finally got a service rep who understood frustration and changed my plan to 50 for 12 gigs and they ensure me that this would be what I will be paying on my plan for now on cuz of the inconvenience plus tax of course.

Everything was okay. Got they arranged my bill for me and send out another bill next month and it was 66.16 for 12 gigs; I thought awesome; I finally getting care of and they are trying to make up for their mistakes; well I said this too soon as once again my next bill was 90 odd again although we agreed to change it to 50, I tried calling in and same old same so unreliable service experiences and finally I asked to talk to head supervisor and they were completely rude and sounded like a used car sales men trying to screw you over and under talking to me raising his voice and “come on man come on man" attitude and not allowing me or interrupting my talking to him about my concern; pretty much made my experience awful and no customer care at all or feeling like important to them, totally opposite on what they advertised on their logo and websites and apps.

I am currently in a waiting period for the next step which is talking to higher up. Just waiting for them to contact me. I made sure I backed myself up by photos of convos and my bills fluctuating up and down. And new agreement plan. Wish me luck. I treat them with respect and constantly I tell them that I know it’s not your fault. You're just a worker and such giving them benefit of doubt but the last customer care I talked to; I lost faith in virgin sadly and was treated I was not important at all and trying to scam me out of my deal agreement. I kept saying I just want my recent bill to be like my previous bill cuz we made a agreement. It’s not gonna change to my original payment plan and I got ensured that it will stay at 50 for 12 gigs for now on cuz of the mistakes and concerns and stress of all the experiences I had. I got "nope not how it works" reply and too bad so sad attitude from the customer service rep guy. Very very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Run far away from this company. I wish there was a 0 star option. They have now sent me 2 faulty phones n the bs to deal w billing or replacement has me so crazy....I kept the last faulty phone. My bill is ever changing and, most recently, my credit card has been billed at the rate of 4 mo times all 4 phones. They tell me I have to contact my credit card coz they didn't receive the charges. THEY billed me....They got their $. I am paid up for 4 mo from now. I cannot believe we have to actually go and report it as fraud. It is their billing and yet they claim it didn't happen. This company will make you lose sleep....Give both you and your spouse conflicting info within the same time frame of calling separately. I wish more people knew coz they have NO CONCEPT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE and you will consistently get a YES MA'AM to everything. Answer the question w honesty. And honestly... Take your biz elsewhere but Virgin. You will thank me for this advice.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Worse customer service. Totally incompetent. Last November I received a call from Virgin Mobile with a tablet promo with a phone no #. When I ask if you could place and received calls and text she assured me it was possible. Again I ask and she again assures me so I agreed, received the tablet, inserted the sim card but no connection so I went to a Virgin kiosk and was informed it was not possible so I contacted Virgin customer service that when I became extremely frustrated after many hours and calls I was told the tablet had arrived was sent via Canada Post on November 28, 2021, and again after many calls finally the account was remove so my bill of December, January was normal charges so February 405.24 charges so again I called customer service.

After 3 agents, 5 supervisors and 3 hours of extreme frustration, I asked for the tracking no # and I gave the no #. Was told never received the tablet and that I canceled the account and that why I was being charged and it was my responsibility to contact Canada Post and prove and locate the whereabout of the tablet. I never ever experience so many incompetent customer service staff. Never ever have anything to do with Virgin Plus Mobile. Keep away.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

So I joined Virgin around May 2021, I cancelled in December. First couple months my bill was normal, then they started to charge $50 overages on data even tho I didn't use much data, had it off when not being used and was in wifi most of the day (due to Covid). This started to occur every month and went as high as $300 in overages without a notice. Other family has had a similar problems, Virgin tech informed her that even when your data is off they're charging you. Disappointed with Virgin.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Ok so I started with Virgin Mobile around 2002. In the beginning it was wonderful, great coverage, fabulous customer service, good plans. Now if I can find someone I can understand or can understand me is hit or miss. Never get to speak with anyone in Canada. Get fraudulent calls constantly that come right from Virgin mobile numbers and they won’t do anything. I have never ever used a whole lot of data, that’s what the home internet is for, and phone isn’t running anything but telephone when I leave the house. Haven’t left the house in a month, sickness, Covid restrictions etc, but suddenly I have a huge data bill outside of my plan. Virgin said if I bought another $35 add on it would be fine. But now they are saying they want 4Gb for another $35 more and I bought 80!

Upgraded plan as advised by virgin said it would cover it. Just to avoid hassle updated plan but the data usage is not mine and I have been complaining for a long time about usage even within my plan. Can’t use data if phone is not turned on but sitting at the cellphone technicians it clocked a whole bunch of hours and he said, "Looks like they are charging you for someone else". They say they confirmed it’s my usage, even when the phone was not in my possession lol. Anyway with all these complaints we should all hire a lawyer and get our fees and wasted time back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

So I have been a customer with Virgin for many years now and this is now my second time and my last time returning to Virgin. I have a phone plan with them and I added another line to my plan and that second phone that I added on has since gotten stolen from my ex Roommate. I have reported it to police and also to Virgin and they said the phone would be Blacklisted so she could not use it and I would NOT be responsible for the monthly plan fees but just for the device which I had no problem with. 3 different agents told me I would NOT be responsible for monthly plan and then I get 2 calls from the same lady telling me I will be responsible for monthly fees which is ridiculous when all the calls are recorded and they told me I wasn't responsible for monthly plan as I am unable to use the phone.

I have since canceled my internet and they email and text me saying they are sorry to see me go and if there's anything they can do to help and keep me as a customer. YES you can cancel my monthly fees like you said you were doing until I get my phone back. I have been victimized enough by having the phone being stolen and now they are trying to put me through more stress so I recommend highly going with any other provider out there as I will be doing very soon. I don't care anymore and I am So DONE with Virgin. I will NEVER return or use their services again. I will go pay per use phone in the future and never want to hear from Virgin again. Everyone STAY CLEAR and as far away from Virgin that you can. Very unimpressed and they clearly don't care about their customers at all.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

If these guys could screw you out of a dollar they will they will find any reason to charge you once you become a client. Also went three months without receiving a bill. Never got my customer ID. They really do not know what they are doing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Stay away, I was with them for over TEN YEARS, and after that amount of time they still treat me like garbage. They don't allow me to upgrade my plan to a plan that is offered to new customers in the case of data packages that are cheaper and instead make me, a loyal customer, pay double what new clients pay. I was promised a call back countless times and NEVER would they call me back. After 10 years having never have gone over my data I all of a sudden started to, to the point that my bill was $1000 per month AND I asked then how I could go over data all of a sudden, and they didn't care!

My data was over usage for months and they didn't care. I googled, and did all the things with my phone settings to avoid it, my wifi is good. I don't think their tracking of data usage was working yet no one there cared at all...They just expected me to pay $800-$1000 PER MONTH instead. I left to a new provider...UNLIMITED DATA! It's 2022, the fact that Virgin does not even offer an unlimited data plan is INSANE.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Stay away from Virgin plus. Internet is too slow for the price, I use 100 Mbps and just I am the only one using it, even a youtube link stucks from time to time. Every single process is extremely complicated. You have to push very hard to talk with the supervisor to solve a simple problem. For a promotion card in any package, they require you to redeem it (extremely difficult), then mail it to you in two months, then you get the gift card, then you apply to your account--there will be problems when you apply to your account. I called at least 10 times for this "gift card", they accelerated this issue 4 times---nobody solved my problem. Eventually, they gave me a number to get through the registration, then mailed me the card in two month--why not give me this number when I called first time? It's a $50 rebate card included in the package, I spent 2 months redeeming it. This is a disgusting and cheap game. Stay away from this cheap and low company.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Do not go with Virgin Mobile please. My monthly bill was $50 and every month I was paying $100. Within 15 days they are saying that, "Your data is finished" and It's data about 15gb and I never used it at all and I do not know how it's come. Really tired. They are just getting ** money without any effort. I can say Virgin Mobile kind of begger.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Countless times in the past two months, I’ve been unable to connect to the internet while using Virgin Mobile’s data plan. I check my usage and I’m fine. I turn off and on my phone. I scream, ‘OMG! Not again! Am I paying for this LACK of service?!’ Well, yes…foolishly I am. Thought I’d check the reviews to see if I’m the only one. Mostly, I’m reading one-star reviews, which focus primarily on lack of support and billing problems. Feeling quite disheartened about contacting Virgin to complain after reading the reviews. My problem; I have to solve it…by cancelling a contract with Virgin it seems.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I attempted to purchase an iPad and Mobile plan and paid a security deposit. I don’t know why but a Virgin agent left something undone on the file and as a result the plan was put in “reserve status“. I spent about 4 to 6 hours on the phone trying to rectify this. No agent was able to resolve the problem. I was asked to pay another security deposit, which I refused. Eventually I gave up and asked to cancel the contract. I was told I would be reimbursed the deposit in 4 to 6 weeks. Even a supervisory agent couldn’t solve the problem and complain to me that he was getting transferred between different departments within virgin who couldn’t solve the problem. I gather virgin provide their services through Bell: We’ve had similar experiences with Bell in the past.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Would've given a negative star if possible. Worst Customer Service Ever. Do not give their customers proper respect. Their prices are at the top and the service is totally rotten. I don't know how some people become managers here at Virgin.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Canceled my contract to them talk to the customer service and they verified I do not owe anymore and this is the last bill I will be paying. After 2 months that I am not using their service they called me and said I owe them $600. My credit got hit really bad. This people can't be trusted. They'll take your money even you don't use their service. Avoid this company.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I have used Virgin Mobile services for 2 years. I was out of country for 6 months and was paying a fee to continue my services. When I came back, they started charging me $300-400 bill every month and I had to call them every month to correct my bill. I was frustrated and when I asked one time to let me talk to the manager, there was a manager named Ryan who was very rude and stopped my services at that instant only. I had no service in my phone later and had to start with a new number coz the previous one wasn’t available. Pathetic service and worst experience ever. Fraud company and staff.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I called today to receive help for my home internet that was shut down. The lady was so busy in her own world, not responsive, answering each questions after 2 to 3 mins with lots of interruptions. The lady was not in mood to work and very rude told me what is my account number, I told her I don’t have access to email at the moment since we have no internet. The lady asked for my name/phone number and all my personal information. Lady said she can’t find me me as a client in a very rude way. I finally hung up the phone her since she was not helping clients. I did not even want to give Virgin one star. They don’t deserve it. I am there 2 years customer and they don’t have my name in their system. Poor services.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Been with Virgin 10 years and had an old phone plan and home internet. My home internet started to cut out which brought me into the store. I found out there that I was paying 30$ too much on every phone bill because I was grandfathered into an old plan. No offers or updates were ever offered to me prior to my own investigation. I found out that going from 80$ a month phone plan to 50$ a month had the same data+talk+text.

I then switched and cancelled my home internet over the phone with an agent. They never told me about any further instructions or even mentioned about returning the malfunctioning modem. I woke up to a 75$ bill penalty about not returning my modem that I have to pay or else I’ll get a hit to my credit. I called to see what happened as I never was told to return it. The woman on the phone said they sent instructions by email and even if it wasn’t working I had to return it. So I checked for the email and legally they are covered by a small-print-light-gray font one-liner half way down the email that they quietly sent me. So now I’m burdened in replacing their garbage internet hardware because they were being sneaky.

I advise everyone against virgin. They have no international plans, paired with sneaky bills and no customer support or wavers for long term loyal customers. 2 stars because network coverage was decent but sneakily overpriced. Bad ethics and customer service that were unhelpful and unapologetic. Home internet cuts out often and was slow (Toronto Downtown). This is my first ever review.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This is the WORST phone company I have ever dealt with. I asked to change my plan to $28 per month with unlimited Canada wide minutes and 1 GB data, (Other providers give the same for $25 per month), they gave me this plan but with zero minutes. Who will pay $28 for 0 minutes and 1 GB data??? When I called asked them to check my chat history, they weren't even ready to do that, please think twice before you get a plan with this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This is the WORST phone company I have ever dealt with. They billed me 3 times in one month for the plan I was on (twice in one day), I tried to call and they just have robots speaking, I couldn't reach a person. So I emailed them about the issue, never got a response. I also paid for my phone plan and their site decided that I didn't and put me on pay per use/minutes rather than my usual monthly plan. So I ran out of "minutes" and was forced to add more to my phone even though I already paid for what should of been my plan.. Go elsewhere. They can't run a business.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

For the last 4 months I have not received my bill, every month I get the month credited for my inconvenience, this month still no bill. I called again and supervisor I spoke to says they have credited me too much, he sees the inconvenience but tells me it's my fault, I want to cancel. He tells me I have to pay balance of phone.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Virgin Mobile Canada has got to be the very worst service ever in the history of telecom service. I will start with the wifi itself which is very very terrible. Since I work from home, it is important that my service works uninterrupted, not Virgin Mobile. It has cut me off Team meetings and phone calls to customers and the customer service only apologized for the abysmal service, it was not corrected.

I was overcharged $40 for supposedly going over the GB and when I called to complain, they argued with me that they had notified me and when I asked the very rude, argumentative customer service girl to verify from the technical team, she told me that her technical team said I was notified by SMS at 95% usage when in actual fact, I did not receive a notification from them until after I had exceeded my GB, at which point I promptly turned off my data. The service is terrible. The customer service is aggravating and will leave you more frustrated than before you called in for a resolution. My advice, steer clear. It's all name and no service. They are only after milking you dry. Don't use them if you have High Blood Pressure

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I signed up for a contract, after 1 month I returned the phone within the 90 day grace period. I was promised I will receive my deposit of $325 within 10 business days (Aug 18) and it is now Sept 21, I still haven't got my money. I called many times and was getting the same message over and over. I will never ever recommend this company. As a matter of fact, I am on hold right now hoping to get my deposit back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. Did I say a word more than once? Perhaps I did, TERRIBLE!! HORRIBLE! Let's put these two words together TEHORRIBLE!!!! Tehorrible experience with Virgin Mobile. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO WITH THEM.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Virgin Media Account Number ** Area 22. We went 6 days with no internet, phone or television and we couldn’t contact a single person. Just spoke to a robot who said (problems in your area) then disconnected the line.. after 6 days of no communication we had to switch to Sky. To later get a bill from Virgin Media for the FULL MONTH EVEN THO WE HAD ZERO SERVICE FOR ALMOST A WEEK!!! After that they sent us another bill for £240 for breaking a contract. Cause there contract literally says on it “Services are Not Guaranteed” which is disgustingly annoying… imagine showing up to a hotel you booked in advance and they didn’t have a room for you but you had to pay them anyway.. that’s what doing business with this horrible company is like!!

I am a grown adult so I am aware that there are rules to breaking a contract so out of good-faith I’ve offered them £100. Which they immediately turn down and showed zero sympathy for our situation of not being able to take calls or communicate with anyone for 6 days. On top of that didn’t even compensate our bill. Don’t worry virgin media if you wanna dance I got my tapping shoes on I’m going to make sure I tell everyone not to sign a contract with you I’m going to tell everyone that has a contract with you to terminate it as soon as possible also go out of my way to make as much noise as possible I hope it was worth the extra £100 to you?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Prior to moving I called them to book a technician to set me up at my new address. On day of, no one showed up. I called and was transferred to Bell by some agent and the Bell person gave me Virgin's number again. Second time I got an agent who transferred me to another agent without providing backstory so I had to start all over again. On chatting to a supervisor for a very long time, as she discovered the person who lived in my new apartment (been vacant 2 months mind you) had not cancelled/ updated their account so there is an issue there.

After a long while I was transferred yet again to another agent with zero back story. This agent at least tracked down the issue, but I told her I will not be transferred until the issue is resolved. She gave backstory and transferred me to another agent. I have been on with them an hour at this point. Apparently there is a system error that prevented the technician coming and they would have to reschedule. I have had no internet for 3 days at this point and mobile data maxed out and is expensive to add data.

Now been 90 minutes and an agent has the gall to say in another 5 days is the soonest a technician can come because of their error. She insists even if I talk to a manager they can resolve the issue. After being now on the phone 2 hours she finally gets me a manager Glen who acted like he was doing a favor by giving a credit for the extended 5 days without internet, due to their internal negligence. I have never dealt with such poor customer service. These people really don't give a damn about their customers at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Please do not buy any service from Virgin Plus. They have the worst technical and customer care service that I have ever experienced. If you do care for your money and mental health please do not buy from them anything. Virgin plus is just wasting your time and money regardless what you are paying them. If you want to know about my experience in detail please just call or contact me. I have never seen like this service in my whole life. Please do not trust to them anymore.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

My experience was awful. I subscribed to the phone service and I was to be paying $90 plus tax. When the first bill came I saw $700 plus! I called them and the agents that responded were uncouth. I had to move to Telus immediately.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Started with Virgin with one cell and then purchased one for my wife. The bill was never the same every month in spite of no overages. I contacted them several times and got no satisfaction as to why bills differed. I finally gave up and contacted them 3 times how to exit contact and the replies we printed Got # different amounts and knowing I still owed on the phones was happy with the highest. Advised them I was leaving and went to Telus. A good move however Virgin extracted and extra 1100 dollars and still don't understand why their CSRs told me different amount. Complained and called and was brushed off. They had my money and no one gave a **. Avoid this company in my humble opinion, and I have experience as am 66 years old so know a crooked company when I see it....in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Do not go with this company. They charge me 30$ for 0.23g over in my cell but they're supposed to text me if I reach the limit BUT they never do it so there's can charge you the extra. Just stay away, you gonna lose a lot money with them.

Virgin Mobile Company Information