Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Reviews

out of business
 3.8/5 (515 ratings)

About Virgin Mobile Reviews

Virgin Mobile was a no-contract cellphone service provider. Virgin Mobile customers in the U.S. are being transferred to Boost Mobile.

Virgin Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Virgin Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Prior to moving I called them to book a technician to set me up at my new address. On day of, no one showed up. I called and was transferred to Bell by some agent and the Bell person gave me Virgin's number again. Second time I got an agent who transferred me to another agent without providing backstory so I had to start all over again. On chatting to a supervisor for a very long time, as she discovered the person who lived in my new apartment (been vacant 2 months mind you) had not cancelled/ updated their account so there is an issue there.

After a long while I was transferred yet again to another agent with zero back story. This agent at least tracked down the issue, but I told her I will not be transferred until the issue is resolved. She gave backstory and transferred me to another agent. I have been on with them an hour at this point. Apparently there is a system error that prevented the technician coming and they would have to reschedule. I have had no internet for 3 days at this point and mobile data maxed out and is expensive to add data.

Now been 90 minutes and an agent has the gall to say in another 5 days is the soonest a technician can come because of their error. She insists even if I talk to a manager they can resolve the issue. After being now on the phone 2 hours she finally gets me a manager Glen who acted like he was doing a favor by giving a credit for the extended 5 days without internet, due to their internal negligence. I have never dealt with such poor customer service. These people really don't give a damn about their customers at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Please do not buy any service from Virgin Plus. They have the worst technical and customer care service that I have ever experienced. If you do care for your money and mental health please do not buy from them anything. Virgin plus is just wasting your time and money regardless what you are paying them. If you want to know about my experience in detail please just call or contact me. I have never seen like this service in my whole life. Please do not trust to them anymore.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

My experience was awful. I subscribed to the phone service and I was to be paying $90 plus tax. When the first bill came I saw $700 plus! I called them and the agents that responded were uncouth. I had to move to Telus immediately.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Started with Virgin with one cell and then purchased one for my wife. The bill was never the same every month in spite of no overages. I contacted them several times and got no satisfaction as to why bills differed. I finally gave up and contacted them 3 times how to exit contact and the replies we printed Got # different amounts and knowing I still owed on the phones was happy with the highest. Advised them I was leaving and went to Telus. A good move however Virgin extracted and extra 1100 dollars and still don't understand why their CSRs told me different amount. Complained and called and was brushed off. They had my money and no one gave a **. Avoid this company in my humble opinion, and I have experience as am 66 years old so know a crooked company when I see it....in my opinion.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Do not go with this company. They charge me 30$ for 0.23g over in my cell but they're supposed to text me if I reach the limit BUT they never do it so there's can charge you the extra. Just stay away, you gonna lose a lot money with them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My phone bill has a different amount from what I have been paying in the past 2 years. I emailed Virgin Mobile but no response. I called customer service, the first one kept saying to check my email and read my contract that Virgin can increase the price of my bill. I asked for the email notification but she couldn't provide or re-send it to me. She kept saying the same thing and I asked if I could talk to someone else who could answer my questions and then my line was disconnected and I believe it was intentionally disconnected, I called back, talked to Sam "both customer agents I called working from home in Philippines". This time I was told that Virgin has been applying credits to my account. I asked if that was the case why did Virgin stop apply credits to my account when I did not ask for any changes. They said the same thing "go back to read your contract" and they couldn't re-send the email notification which I did not receive.

I was not impressed with the customer agent who worked from home and couldn't provide the answer and instead just told me to go back and read my contract. If Virgin going to raise the price, Virgin should train customer agents in Philippines to answer questions better than go back to read your contract. This is unacceptable at all.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I use my mobile seldom and so got a basic plan from Virgin of about $36/month. We recently moved and were without tv or internet. I thought I would watch a couple of tv shows to pass the time. I received a notice from Virgin stating I had gone over my limit. I was prepared to pay overage charges thinking that even if my bill were to be twice as much I would bite the bullet and pay it. However when I received a bill of $548, I was shocked. I spent a day on the telephone waiting to reach Virgin and then being put on hold several times during the call for long periods of time.

The most they could give me was 25% off they said. The next day I received a call at 7:30 a.m. asking me if I would like to get extra service from Virgin. I recounted my experience from the day before and he told me he was sorry to hear that and would report it in the chain. No one has called back. I feel like the mark in a con job, not a valued customer. I would caution anyone from choosing Virgin in future.

Resolution response: June 4, 2021

My review with Virgin Mobile has been resolved and they even came back with a full refund.

Original review: May 30, 2021

I have been a customer of Virgin Cellphone service for over 10 years. No problems except lately - all of a sudden I'm getting charged for extra data charges when I haven't changed anything with my cellphone. Its always been the same rate but May 2021 it has gone up substantially. I'm looking for another provider as Virgin won't do thing about the extra charges. Their CEO's just sit in their offices making over in excess of Millions and millions of dollars every year where us small earners keep getting charged more and more.

Original review: May 19, 2021

My problem with Virgin came when I tried to port out (switch carriers over to Public mobile). Prior to that, I had been with Virgin for nearly 10 years. I felt that it was time to compare companies and had zero complaints up until this point. Virgin did not port my number over, needless to say. I waited three days before I walked into a Best Buy and signed up with Fido with a different number, since Virgin decided to hijack mine. Their customer service is the worst. I was given conflicting information regarding the porting process and was told from one customer service representative that once the port was complete, my service with Virgin would be terminated. I was then told I had to phone in and cancel my service which was a nightmare. When I talked to a supervisor to cancel my service she kept offering promotions for fifteen minutes before I lost my cool and screamed at her. Good job Virgin. I will never come back with you again.

RT

Original review: April 7, 2021

I stupidly decided to switch from Rogers to Virgin due to the good deals online. What a mistake that I am now living to regret. I have been waiting almost a month for the phone I ordered and cannot get any information about my order to status of my order. I've tried the chat feature just to have my account suspended and can't create a new account. Now I can't get anyone on the phone. My existing phone needs to be replaced badly as it's damaged and I use it for work. So not having any information now, tracking number doesn't even exist and no customer service has left me stranded. Not to mention how much I have to work from home at the moment and can't now.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Back in December there was a fraud incident on my account and 3 months later it has not been fixed. Over $2,000 of charges have incurred and the representatives just transfer you around like a pinball on the phone and accuse you of not reading your own bill. They tell you a manager will call you back in an hour, and 2 days later there is still no phone call. The people are so incompetent, unless by chance you fall on someone who actually speaks and understands English. Those odds are about 1-1000.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

When you set up a cell phone for a mentally challenged individual and you are explicate in your request to block data on the package along with limit long distance unless authorized by the account holder, you expect it to be implemented. Then within the legal expectations they send a notification that indicates it has been blocked via e-mail but allow the user to circumvent the blockage with the touch of a button. To the tune of a 900 dollar data fee in one month. Customer service will do nothing and offered a token discount. Don't trust them to do what you ask!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Pay attention to never order a phone from them online or on phone. Make sure to get it in Store. Else you risk to be stuck in a bad situation... Ordered the phone, was not present during delivery so the shipping company sent it back to Virgin Mobile. But guess what, they still make you pay for the phone every month! They said someone will reach you about this in 5 business days which never happen, so you call back to get the same answer, but no call back. Ending to have to pursue them... So don't even approach this company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

They hook you in with cheap prices. Their service is horrible. Their customer service department is completely incompetent. They make so many mistakes! On the phone they sold me fibre internet technology. When the technician arrived he laughed. They do not even have that service. He installed a regular modem. The internet for months was very shaky. This is not even the worst part. I got emails saying my internet would be cancelled. I wasted hours on the phone simply trying to tell them that I do not want my internet cancelled. They confirmed they removed my cancellation order. A few weeks later, guess what, my internet was cancelled! When I called one rep said I would need to order new internet! When I spoke to a supervisor she said I was wrong the internet is still working! This has been the worst customer experience I have ever been through. I highly recommend never choosing them. I switched to Bell and I am extremely happy!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Prices: are good but quality is a hit and miss, one day it is great, the other one it is not. I have a lot of calls going to voicemail when it didn't even ring, just send calls to voicemail! Messages: from work group delivered very late. Home internet- we got it at the beginning for the half price promotion and we bought a WIFI range extender to make it work - lots of dead zones. Lately, I have to restart the modem at least once a day! Bonus, they increased the price and it is not worth it anymore.

Customer service: Not truthful: Be very very very careful with the deals you reach with them, make sure to check that email they send you after your call when you do change a services. most of the time the changed details do not agree with the deal you reached with them and they do not honor their word. Mean -Disrespectful CSR's - Once a rep told me instead of calling them and request to block internet from my child's phone, how about I teach her some manners so she doesn't open internet when she is not supposed to.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I have had Virgin mobile for over a year now and I say I have never had such terrible service from a company. I receive an incredible amount of dropped calls or people on the other end not hearing me speak...kinda like the “Can you hear me now” commercial...I can be in downtown Fredricton or just outside the Costco in Moncton and cannot get more than two bars of data speed (I have picture to prove this). It took me over a minute to download google the other day (I have a picture of this as well).

When I call the company no one is able to fix the problem...this issue has been happening the entire time I have been with Virgin and after many calls I have yet to received a call from them letting me know they are working on any fix. This is not the service I am paying for. If you are in NB do NOT use Virgin...you will regret it...it’s just not worth it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I bought residential internet since the January. I have 60 mbs for 57$ with taxes. I am at the Laurentides region in Quebec on the Bell network. Until now I have no problem and I was able to work online, play video games and watch Netflix with no problem. It's one of the cheapest for the price yet there are smaller companies that offer for a bit less. However, with Virgin you don't have any contract. I hope it will continue to work this way. Otherwise I will make an edit on my review.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I called Virgin's customer service to ask for any promotion for loyal customers since I have used it for many years. The customer service provided me something but I was a bit confused with some details, so I asked him to explain one more time. But the first sentence that customer service said is "It is so basic and how could you not understand?", which is super impolite! And he also shows a lot of impatience and rudeness in the following conversion. I cannot imagine any customer service can have such a rude attitude to his client! I am very disappointed with their awful service!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I would give them no stars if possible! I upgraded my device in November using your online services and the order was processed pretty quickly but sent to the wrong address. I called Virgin to notify the error as soon as I became aware of it and I was told it wouldn't be delivered without a signature. However, on December 7, I received an email with the tracking number for the package and when I checked it had said "package delivered to front doorstep" with no signature on December 3.

After calling my neighbour to check up on the package, which wasn't there, I called virgin once again to notify them of this situation. I was assured I wouldn't be responsible for the stolen device and a new device would be sent to me within a week. After a week of waiting for my device to arrive, on December 14, I called virgin again to figure out what was going on, when I was told the previous agent had given me incorrect information and that a team would launch an investigation for this missing device and should be resolved within 2 weeks.

After waiting for 2 weeks, I gave virgin several calls to inquire about the status of this investigation only to be transferred to different agents or have the agents hang up on me. I even tried reaching out to one of the managers named Carl, who dismissed my concerns saying he could not help me on this matter and hung up as he was transferring me to the "correct department". I have been calling virgin almost every day for the last two weeks regarding my account and virgin has not reached out to me at all. This is very unprofessional and quite upsetting. It should not take almost two months to get my new device. I'm also now being charged for a device that I don't have as well.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I phoned Virgin Mobile to upgrade my phone when my contract ended January 2nd. They start tacking on an extra charge saying that my contract doesn't end until February 2nd. Oh really? Because I have the contract right on my phone and it clearly states January 2nd. Needless to say I did not upgrade with them and I went to a different carrier.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I bought an LG Velvet at Walmart's in September. It was supposed to be NEW and it cost $700 on a 2-year contract. Made one call and took one photo and the phone jammed. Never misused. never dropped. Email communications with Virgin = conflicting directions on how to repair the phone locked onto the LG logo. Multiple communications with Virgin CHAT resulted in different sets of numbers for repair, return numbers, tickets with different numbers for my phone. Three months later now the "repaired" phone has been "in transit" for 29 days.

Virgin "Solutions" said maybe I have the phone! Another said they can't track it and want me to track it - They don't even know if they sent it by Canada Post or another carrier - The tracking number doesn't work because it's NOT a tracking number - it's a repair number. I asked them to keep the phone, reimburse me and cancel the contract - they refused. Can't use a replacement phone - all scratched up. I discovered the company that repairs these phones is also the one selling them in Walmart's. No phone. Still paying for a contract for no service. Wondering as well - why were someone else's photos and info in my NEW phone sold to me by hired teams in Walmart's who do phone repairs? NEVEr would I buy from Virgin. Good advertising and HORRIBLE customer service when you need help.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I have a mobile phone for many years now and last December I made the worst decision--thus far--in that I went on a Virgin Mobile family plan. I was warned by others who had once used Virgin and I was even warned at the store where I purchased the plan that Virgin "sometimes add erroneous charges" and that it's a battle to get rid of those. I can now vouch for that. They charged porting fees for two of the phones, when there was no porting done. December 2020? Still back and forth with them to get rid of the fees. Avoid at all costs. One year left with this terrible company...

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I took a new wireless connection in their 2019 Black Friday sale for 45 CAD + tax for 15 months and then 55 per month. But they are charging me 55 per month since then. I contacted customer care and management but, nothing changed. Now, collection people are calling me. I was paying only 45+tax every month. I have already wasted hours fixing this, but no use. If you are not doing anything else, you can take Virgin connection so that you would be engaged all the time, contacting virgin customer care.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I signed up two weeks ago in store and left feeling good. Two days later they send me a text saying I owe them a $500 security deposit that was not mentioned at all in store. I call them to discuss it and I'm bounced from one department to another until the line goes dead. I repeated this process three times before losing my temper. I make arrangements to pay the deposit in installments and a week after that arrangement they suspend the phone for non-payment. Once suspended you can't call them like other companies who offer you a line to the billing department, these guys want to find a landline and contact them or go online.

The customer service people are programmed to say things like, "How can we make your day better?' and the usual apologies but no solutions and horrible service. They did not honour the arrangement we had for payment. Worst company I have ever dealt with in regards to a cell provider in Canada and we have horrible services.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I called the customer service regarding for my bill. I paid 50 dollars monthly and for the past three months they have been charging me 110. This was because of a data overcharges which I did not use. I spoke with a customer services named Paul with an employee number of ** regarding those charges and disconnects the phone on me. I called again and luckily I spoke with him but he pretended like he never spoke to me already. I asked him to transfer me to someone else and he transferred me to Bell. This is by far the worst phone carrier in Canada. I do not recommended at all.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have been a customer of Virgin Mobile Canada for 10 years. Their customer service use to be excellent, but I haven't needed it for a while. Now, it seems customer loyalty means nothing to them. I called them a week ago to discuss phone & plan upgrades, and possible cancellation if a suitable arrangement couldn’t be reached. I am well past our 2 year contract. They said that they couldn’t offer me anything accept what is listed on their website. Of course any combination of that would only increase my already expensive bill (3 phones, each $60/month and only 2GB!). And since they don’t offer $0 phones anymore, I can’t afford my bill to go over $200. They said a member of their “Customer Loyalty Team” would call me back in 24-48 hours.

During that time, I did some searching around. Freedom Mobile is offering the Samsung Galaxy A51 for $0 down, $0 monthly, 14GB! on a $55 a month plan. That seems like a sweet deal to me. Naturally, a week passed and still no call from the Customer Loyalty Teams, so much for 24-48 hours. So I called back to tell them I would cancel because I found a better deal, and that I never received a call back. They put me on hold, transferred me. Had to explain everything all over again, twice. I told them the offer from Freedom Mobile, as stated above.

After putting me on hold for 5 minutes, they came back with their counter offer. Samsung Galaxy A21 for $0 down, $19 monthly, 4GB(lol) on a $35 a month plan. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the better deal here. And they would not match the Freedom Mobile offer. They also didn’t really seem to care that much, one way or another, if I stayed or left. To be fair, they were polite, not adversarial in any way. The last rep also told me that I didn’t have to give a 30 day cancellation notification, since I am not under contract.

Once my new provider transfers and activates the phone numbers, my account with them will be disconnected, and I will just have to pay the balance. I asked, “are you sure, because the last rep said that I have to give 30 days”. She said “no, that’s fine”. I suspect that will cause an issue as well. I wasn’t really looking to change providers at this time, just hoping to negotiate a reasonable deal. I was really hoping that they would match the offer from Freedom Mobile. So ends my relationship with Virgin Mobile Canada. They will be losing my account, and the 3 phones attached to it. That is a shame.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Worst customer service that’s you ever get. 2 weeks ago I went in to get a new device to my wife. Everything was good. I even got a new iPad. I trusted the people there. They were so friendly and happy. 2 weeks after I get my bill that has 120$ additional charges. That’s they say clearly that’s no additional chargers will be add on. I went back to the store to discuss the matter. They didn’t care about discussing the matter or solve it. Went straight to cancellation fees that’s I need to pay if I get out of this plan. Those guys all about selling. There’s no honesty or even an empathy. Virgin Mobile I don’t know how you choose your employees. Don’t trust. Don’t even try. I’m going to cancel my plan. Even when I call to call center to get better conversation it end up the same. And have to pay 1300$ Exit fees.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I have Virgin for my home internet, I relocated and would like to transfer my home internet to new place. I am working from home and it is very essential to have it on time, that is why I called two weeks before my movement and set an appointment. They did not come to my place, I called again to ask for the reason they made another appointment for next day but the same. I took too much time to call virgin for several times but no specific answer. Two guys told me they would call me back and they did not. Once she said there is no internet service in my new area, although my friend living at the same apartment and holding virgin home internet. That is ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I left Virgin for a different provider, and after leaving they sent me an email saying to call their loyalty department because they wanted to provide me a special offer to keep my business. I spoke with them and worked out a deal that I was content with to stay, and went to BestBuy that night to get things set up. I had difficulty setting up my new contract and ran out of time for the day. The next day, Virgin phoned me and said the offer made the previous day was invalid and had been revoked because I live in the wrong region. After calling them back and explaining their mistake, and the poor ethics to go back on a deal, they wouldn't budge and said the best they could offer was the same thing for $17/mo more. I was quite disappointed that I was penalized for Virgin's mistake, and have no interest in dealing with them again. I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I called the customer service regarding for my bill. I paid 42 dollars monthly and this month they charged me 110. It's just a waste time to called them because they have nothing to do with it. Instead they asked you to upgrade your plan.

Virgin Mobile Company Information