1.42/5
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratings

44 Wawa Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 28, 2012

I walked into Wawa to purchase gas. There were two service people working at the time. I walked up to the counter to purchase gas. Then a woman (Wawa service person) said the registers were closed and she was being rude about it. She was not the Wawa service member I walked up to, she was at another register. It was Nicole **, who was at another register, who was denying me the service as a hardworking tax-paying American...I am very upset about this and will not stop complaining until something is done about this person (Nicole **) being rude to Wawa’s customers because of her management position.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2009

On Saturday, December 26, 2009 at approximately 11:30am, I stopped at this Wawa on the way home to get filled my tank with gasoline. At the time, I had 1/4 tank and needed a full tank for anticipated travel later that day. I used a credit card for my transaction and pushed the Regular Unleaded gas button at the rate of $2.48. As the pump (Pump #12) was filling my tank, I looked at the amount posted and it read as $2.68, the price for Plus gasoline type. I immediately stopped the pump. A receipt was not provided by this station (Pump #12). I went inside to request a copy of the receipt and informed the very helpful cashier what transpired. She provided a copy of the receipt and the address of this Wawa so that I could file a complaint. She also asked me if I wanted to speak with the manager which I graciously accepted.

After explaining what transpired to the manager, she asked me, "What would you like me to do?" I said, "It would be nice to reimburse the difference for the gas price." I suggested this because I still did not fill my tank. And had she handled what I feel was a sensible request to the problem, her business still would have gotten the money back and then some because I still needed another 1/4 tank to have a full tank. She responded, "Well, you already pumped the gas!" I left the matter at that and left her business establishment.

There was a $.20 difference between the Regular Unleaded and Plus brand. The real damage that is done by the manager's poor customer relations is that she definitely will have me as a patron. In addition, she should be more mindful that a simple reimbursement of that $.20 would have resulted in getting the money back as I indicated I still needed to finish filling the pump. She now has a record on file. And it would behoove her to take these things into consideration when dealing with customers and especially the community that supports her business. Because unfortunately, bad news spreads fast and consumers in this economy need businesses that they can rely and trust.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2007

I noticed the numerous complaints for WAWA DIGITAL on your website for 2006. This company is still in operation but under a new name: www.techondigital.com. Upon seaching the BBB website this company is operating under the following names as well: STARLIGHT CAMERA Accessories, Land I.N.S. Digital World, Stargate Photo Inc., TechOnDigital.com, The Camera Whiz, The Digital Expo, The Digital Nerds, and Wawa Digital.

I placed an order on www.techondigital.com for a Kodak camera. Upon placing my order, I was told to phone 877-425-9933 to confirm my order before it could be shipped. I phoned the number and was told by the phone rep. that the Kodak camera I ordered comes with a lithiom battery that only lasts 20 minutes. He told me that I could upgrade to a different battery and charger for $29.99. He said that if I didn't do this, I would need to get a new battery every 20 minutes and if I didn't believe him to go check the Kodak website. I told him that the camera I ordered takes standard AA batteries, at which he replied, "You've got 2 minutes till I hang up on you." He then asked me if I wanted to purchase the rechargeable battery at which I replied no and he said, "Fine, your order is cancelled then. You can go buy your camera somewhere else," and then hung up on me. This merchant seems to be advertising false prices on the web (www.everyprice.com) and employeed a bait and hook tactic, since they cannot honor the prices they are advertising. Additionally, product tying is illegal (forcing you to buy another product to get the first product you want). I have filed complaints with numerous state and federal agencies and I am outraged that nothing has been done in the 2+ years since complaints were initiated.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2006

After ordering on line, the phone rang 5 minutes later. The salesman was extremely pushy and got me to buy upgraded battery,lenses, etc. when I called back the next day to get an itemized bill, I received a vague answer. When I wanted to return the camera there was an outrageous repacking fee plus shipping charges that were outrageous. Something should be done. A $185 camera turned into a $655 camera.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2006

i purchased a dvd video recorder the salesman michael sold me a 5yr warranty for an added $200 in december 2005, he stated the paperwork would go into effect after 90 days, i received a paper from panasonic asking me to buy an extended warranty but nothing from wawa. I have been calling them every 2 weeks since march 2006 to receive my warranty inf. it is now august 2006 and i have received nothing. the salemen, one named peter, keep telling me they are mailing it but to no avail. I have spent $200 and have nothing to show for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WAWA?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2006

USA Photo Nation quoted my camera at $98.00. I looked closely at the ad, read everything. Should have known better, if it sounds too good, it usually is ! Three days after ordering my camera, I get an email saying they have been trying to reach me. I am to call Jason about my order. I call and he tells me did I know I ordred the replacement camera only. I then asked what a replacement camera was, not one with all the software, cables, memory card or any accessaries. Then he told me for a few dollars more, I could get all the needed stuff. How much I said ? He quoted $137.00. I argued, and should have said, forget it. They shipped my camera, 2 days before billing my credit card. I could not find any place on the site to get a statement or account information. My camera did arrive today with all of the needed stuff. BUT, they billed me $158.00.

Original review: July 30, 2006

I called to get information about a particular camera. They asked for all my information, including credit card. After they added a few accessories the price jumped $200 more than what I wanted to spend. At that point I told them I don't want to buy the camera. The salesman said I had to buy the camera. He transfered me to their supervisor, who proceeded to tell me that I've wasted so much of their time and i have to buy this camera. He threatened me that if I didn't buy the camera he would charge me 20%. I told them that's coersion. He proceeded to threaten me that not only would he charge my credit card but he would spread my information over the internet and would ruin my credit. I was forced to buy the camera.

Original review: July 5, 2006

I attenpted to purchase a camera but received a call shortly thereafter stating I had to call to verify the purchase. Upon calling, I spoke to a man that was very pushy, and did his best to get me to upgrade to another camera (the first one was refurbished, but not listed as such). I did indeed fall victim to his insistance, and got the more expensive camera, a case and an upgraded battery.

The camera came and does seem to be a good camera, even though I paid $100.00 for all the extras. My surprise came the next month when my Visa card showed a new charge for a company I never dealt with. After disputing this charge, sending in 2 fraud investigation forms, and having to enroll in a fraud membership, I got the money back. The next month, there were new fraudulent charges, from a different company, again one I have never done business with.

Why do I think this stems from the camera purchase? I have the card in my posession, I have never used the card for any other purchases, and I am the only person on the account. I have now cancelled the card, and will not do business with this company again.

I have had to call the credit card company 3 times to dispute charges, have had to fill out fraud investigation paperwork 3 times, and am out the fee it cost to enroll in fraud detection. The credit card is now closed.

Original review: March 1, 2006

I purchased what I beleived to be a new Canon camera from WaWa Digital over the internet. When I received the camera, it did not appear to be in the original factory packaging and did not come with warranty information. I suspected at that point that the camera was refurbished. After just a few shots, the lens began sticking causing the photos to appear as if they were taken through a slot. I changed batteries but that did not help the problem. I called the customer service number to return the camera and found the customer service to be rude, argumentative and short but was told I could return the camera for an exchange. I did so and an exchange camera was sent. It took a long time. I e-mailed inquiries but never got an answer and when I called to inquire about when I would receive my exchange, I was told it wasn't customer service day, call back tomorrow.

When the camera finally arrived, I suspected the camera I had returned was returned to me. It came with the same packaging I had sent it back in and the exact same problem with the camera - the lens sticking closed. I called customer service and asked for a refund. They said no refunds allowed, only exchanges. I am going to return this camera again but I have serious doubts about satisfaction on this transaction.

I would never use this company again and would caution anyone else. Buyer Beware! The best price is not necessarily the best deal!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2006

I ordered a digital camera yesterday and they called me today to try and sell me additional memory. Only then did he nonchalantly mention that it is 'refurbished.' NOWHERE on the site does it indicate it is refurbished. In fact, I read on their 'About Us' portion of their website that one of the reasons to buy from them is they have "Brand new and factory fresh merchandise." I told the Wawa rep that it is false advertising because the site purposely is set up to mislead the consumer. He said he will put 'refurbished' on the description and then hung up on me. We'll see.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2006

Internet camera company that lists cameras for the lowest prices out there and then after you give them all your credit card information will not sell you the camera unless you purchase inflated and unnecessary accesories to go with it. When I told them I didn't want to purchase anything else just the camera that they advertised the owner yelled at me spoke billegerently and told me that if I didn't buy the extra accessories then he would cancel my order and charge my credit card a 20% restocking fee. I called my credit card company and cancelled my account number. They also do business as Starlight Cameras, Accessories Land, Digital World, Stargate Photo, and The Camera Whiz.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2005

On 11/26/05 I purchased a Fuji E550 for $200 and recieved a confirmation E-mail. A few days later I got a call from a salesman at Wawa putting a hard sell for batteries and a memory card. I declined and he abruptly hung up. On 12/12/05 I called Wawa and they told me that they had cancelled my order without telling me. They assured me that they had not charged me and then hung up on me. This is classic bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2005

I placed an order on the web site and recieved a call to confirm the order.The man on the phone then asked if I wanted a memory card with the camera. I told him no thank you,maybe later. He said he didn't sell the camera without it,which was almost another $100. I asked why i couldn't get the camera at the price listed and he called me "stupid" along with other grumblings under his breath and asked if I wanted it or not,so I cancelled the order and called the credit card company to make sure no payment was made.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2005

I placed 2 orders, one for a Minolta Camera and one for a Canon Camera, on 11/29/05. I received an Order Confirmation email from the company requesting I call to confirm the orders. When I called, I spoke to a man who tried to sell me an additional battery for the Minolta camera. When I refused his offer he told me I either had to order or he was going to cancel both orders. I told him I could not afford the additonal cost for the battery, but still wanted to buy both cameras. He refused and cancelled both my orders.

Wawa Company Information