B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

B&H Photo Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Quick response to questions about products and fast delivery of the order. I ordered the NEW MacBook Pro 2019 which arrived quickly and without any problems. Love the my new MCP19 and this was a very great experience with B&H purchase. I will strongly recommend B&H with their expert advice. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Always the best prices and best deals. I ordered a Sony RX100MVA and it was just about the best price on the market, almost $200 under everyone else and of course it came perfectly brand new and on time as always. Too bad they charge tax now, miss the days of no tax in the past.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been shopping at B&H for a few years now. Their website is very well organized and provides all the information I need, whether it's technical specifications or reviews. Finding what I'm looking for is always very easy. Furthermore, if I end up ordering a wrong item, returning that item is not complicated at all. When it comes to photography and electronics, B&H is my favorite go-to place.sssssssss

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased two monitors from B&H Photo...returned it (two weeks later). still NO REFUND. WARNING: They will take your money and not refund it. DO NOT TRUST THE good reviews here, they are FAKE. I had filed complaints with BBB, DA..so far...no RESPONSE!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

This place is terrible. I ordered a phone with service, and was sent a non-working card. I called and emailed support, was told I would get a new one, and never did, even after repeated interactions, and sending pictures for proof. I will not do business with them again! I've never dealt with such terrible support!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I am a long standing customer of B&H Photo. I have ordered camera equipment, PC components and other, what most would consider to be, high dollar items from them. I have never had an issue until now. I ordered my wife a Garmin 6S Sapphire for Christmas. Package arrived on Dec 24 as expected and I was excited to open it so I could configure it and have it ready for when she received it. I felt something was wrong as soon as I opened the shipping box, which was in excellent condition and did not appear to have been tampered with based off the B&H Photo Seal Tape. The watch box inside however was not shrink wrapped and looked a little worn.

I opened the watch box to find a watch band and a charger but no watch. I searched in every little compartment in the inserts of the box hoping to find it. I took pictures and contacted B&H Photo immediately. They showed concern however after 5 days they have done nothing. I have tried to contact Garmin to give them the serial number shown on my receipt to see if they could maybe check to see if someone else has registered it but have not been able to as of yet. Based on the state of the shipping box and the watch box inside it is obvious that either this was a return to B&H that they never examined and just shipped out or someone in their shipping department got a nice Christmas gift at my expense.

I had hoped to at least give my wife her gift before New Years since, at the moment, she is not aware of what it is, but B&H just says they are looking into it. Not something I expected. B&H is losing a long time customer over an issue that happened on their end. I should not have been put through the initial stress to begin with, not to mention the added stress of wondering what will happen. I will not give them this opportunity again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I don't know how good they are since after placing an order for a cell phone their verification department called. I didn't recognize the number so didn't pick up. They wrote an email and called me back two days later. It was the day I was supposed to get my item. They asked me about my address and said I'm not listed there. I told them it's my friend's rental house. She just moved there. Why would I be listed there? How do you know people are listed in a rental home? I really don't understand the concern on their part, if I order something with a third party Credit Card, why do they care about my address that I am not listed there?

I canceled the order, I don't want to get into long conversations with strangers about my living situation, but here it is in short: I live full-time in an RV, currently in the desert in AZ and I can only receive mail in the nearest post office to general delivery. I still have to have an address and I use my friend's. I know this is not conventional but it happens and I'm not the only one. I just went back to Amazon and ordered the item maybe for $10 more but without a hassle. I should have received the item by now. I am not staying in this location forever! Just not happy.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My wife and I ordered a lot of camera/video equipment from then in the past week. They got part of my wife's order wrong. When I called them about it they said we could either ship it back and after they receive it and inspect it (3-5 days), they would ship us a replacement. The other choice we had is to pay for a new one and ship the old one back. If we had ordered the wrong thing then I could see these options. We placed the order correctly and they made the mistake. They Aren't willing to fix their mistakes. They want the customer to pay for their mistakes. We will never shop here again.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

B&H Photo Company Information