B&H Photo
3.05/5
Based on 163 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

B&H Photo

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

339 B&H Photo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I’ve purchase from them DJ equipment and everything went smooth the day I purchased and the items was guaranteed that will come in two days or even three days. What it been fine! What happened the item didn't even ship by that time, calling them and getting someone to help was impossible 'cause they close early on Friday and Saturday they don't work, I had to rent the equipment because the item didn't arrive on time, finally I got in touch and they didn't wanna stay behind their mistakes caused by their salesman... which cost me $ (renting the equipment) and for $30 they didn't even wanna work out on discount but they chose me to return the product and lose a customer. Be careful with this company 'cause they don't stay behind their product or mistakes and you will end up paying from your own pocket. Don't trust them or whatever they say, they are far behind Amazon and some other Companies.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

B&H stole $300 from me. BUYER BEWARE! I thought I was getting a deal by buying from them for no shipping and no taxes. I ordered 2 TVs from B&H on November 22, 2017. No one contacted me until 12 days after about Shipping the merchandise. They held the merchandise at the shipper and claimed they contacted me numerous times. (They called me twice and I responded and called them back twice And asked me to confirm shipping... and I did.) B&H called the shipping company and told them to return the merchandise without my permission. They charged me $300 restocking fee. So basically, they stole $300 from me and I have no merchandise. I'm now in the process of suing them for my money back. Terrible business! DO NOT BUY FROM B&H! Horrible customer service. Really upsetting!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I received my package and all items were in good condition. I have gone out and done some image captures with my new Fujifilm GFX 50S and 32-64 mm zoom lens. The images seemed to be really good, but I won't know until I download them into the raw file recommended in the owner's manual. I am having a hard time trying to download the images without success so far. Other than that the camera seems to be in good working order and so far I am pleased with my Fujifilm camera. I wish it was warmer outside, I would be taking more pictures. I was really nervous about buying such an expensive item over the internet. I wasn't sure of the outcome and was anxious to receive my package and check it out. So far it looks good. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I've ordered from B&H Photo a couple of times now, and each time it was a pleasant experience, and they seem to really care about their customers. Each time my order was shipped the same day, and was free. Excellent!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

B&H did an excellent job delivering the order the following day. Online ordering was simple and straightforward. The website product description was clear and detailed. They had confirmation every step of the way so one knew the order had been confirmed, shipped, received without any doubt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have used B&H for years, but for camera items. I didn't realize you were into electronic products. I ordered a Sony PS4-VR camera and gun for my grandson for Christmas. You didn't have the camera but did have the gun. It was shipped and received just after Christmas, but that was OK. My grandson has a birthday on the 20th of Jan, so he'll get it then.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I ordered a package of Eneloop Pro AA batteries and the Powerex charger on Dec. 26, 2017, and promptly received a confirmation email from B&H. Delivery was scheduled for Jan 2, 2018, which I received. Although I've only had one mishap with B&H (that fault lying with USPS), I have continued to conduct as much of my business as possible with this company as they have proven their reliability day in and day out for years. Not many companies can make this claim. Thank You B&H!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I ordered monitors online from B&H and in the chat with the online person I asked if a signature would be required for delivery. The response was yes it would be required. I then arranged to have a person at my house for the delivery. When the monitors never arrived, I tracked the shipment to find out that the package had been left at "the front door" and no signature was required. Needless to say my package is missing and I have to go through a tedious claim process with UPS as well as B&H to get this resolved. B&H has my money, someone else has my monitors and I have no more patience with this company. First and last time I order from this place and I would caution each of you that if they say "Package requires signature for delivery" what they really mean is "It's up to the delivery person's discretion if they want to leave the package without the signature". Who does that? Doesn't a signature required mean a signature is required!!!

Btw - I was placed on hold for over 5 minutes and the customer service reps (team member & manager) were both very "sorry" for the inconvenience as they stated it with their most non-empathetic voice possible. Not impressed to say the least. Use caution when ordering from this company and if you want anyone other than UPS to handle the shipment, you have to ask as that is their delivery company by default.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

We received the green screen prior to Christmas, and are very happy so far, although our grandson has not yet used it. We are hopeful this will bring him much happiness, and expand his capabilities while trying to become a YouTube star which is his goal at the moment. He is only 10 and a half so we are hoping his goals expand to more realistic goals as he matures.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

One of the best stores for photography professionals. Many choices in terms of quality and price, and the prices are very competitive compared to the other stores. What makes B&H the best store in its own category from A-Z: 1- They have unbiased verified customer reviews, which helps a lot in decision making. 2- If you are purchasing in the NYC store there are very knowledgeable and helpful sales associates. 3- I buy my gear online from Canada. More choices and better prices.

On top of all, there is Free Shipping for over $99 purchases with an excellent customs clearance service. I really don't like to go through the delivery companies (you know them, no name necessary). They rip you off and charge fees up to 50-60% of value of the delivered item (not exaggerating, seriously). B&H is fast and honest in paperwork. 4- Excellent Customer Service: If something is wrong or you're not happy with your purchase they immediately take the responsibility and do their best to solve the problem. I think the human value and the human experience are the most important things in decision making. And, B&H takes these points very well into consideration.

I will not change my review on B&H, however, my only resentment is that they work with UPS Canada. I don't know, this company might do well in US, but they have a very bad reputation in Canada. Many people I know and myself have bad experiences, from damaged package to paper falsification. This last time, the package came opened. I reported the issue to B&H. UPS even did not apologize. Not good at all. I wish they did not work with UPS.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Ordered LG Computer monitor from B&H. There was a gouge on the outside of the packaging, but seems like everything inside was fine. Shipping was quick and ordering process was simple. Would purchase again from B&H.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I find what I need. The prices are competitive. I like the free shipping for items over $100. I found some very good deals in their "deal zone". They didn't mess up on any of my purchases, I was able to track my orders so I always knew what was happening.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I purchased a $959 Intel CPU from them and they sent me an Apple Super Drive. They never answer emails or hang up on you on the phone. They are scammers and crooks. They can tell by the weight of the package that the item was not correct. I guess I will dispute it with my credit card company. Stay away from this dishonest company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I ordered a computer on November 22 with a custom install (as far as I'm aware, all they needed to do was add a single RAM chip to complete the install). During checkout it said it takes 5 to 7 business days to complete the install and ship the product. It's now December 18, I've written several times asking for updates, and all they ever say is "I'm sorry."

Up until December 13 - almost three full weeks after I ordered - I received no reasons, no attempts to make the situation right, no nothing. They sent an email on December 7 saying they anticipated getting the install completed in four to five days, but needless to say they've blown right past that date too, as it's now December 18 and I'm still waiting to hear anything at all.

And oh the excuses. On Dec 5, ten emails into our chain, they told me they had new trainees in the install department and that's what was taking so long. Then on Dec 13, seven emails later, they tell me instead that they're waiting for a back ordered part. It took them SO MANY emails to mention this that I honestly don't really even believe them; it feels like an excuse at this point, especially because I asked them which part several times - I made it clear that I'm happy to go look for the missing part myself (frankly it's probably available with same-day delivery on Amazon since they're in NYC) - and they have so far refused to tell me which part it is no matter how many times I explain I'm just trying to speed things along.

I've suggested they substitute the part, and the suggestion was completely ignored. Frankly at this point - I ordered the computer almost a full month ago now for a holiday that will be over in a couple days, and they know this, I have made that clear too) - they should be willing and eager to substitute whatever's missing with anything of comparable or higher value/performance just to get the order out the door. I don't get the secrecy about what's supposedly back ordered - unless nothing is and I'm just getting jerked around - or their refusal to even pretend that this is a problem they're interested in fixing.

I've made it clear this is a Hanukkah gift (the holiday will be over by the time they maybe get around to doing the install), but that doesn't seem to matter to them (especially surprising for this shop). It also doesn't seem to matter that they've been sitting on almost $1600 of my money for almost four weeks and are making absolutely zero attempts to get the order out in anything even resembling a timely fashion. Which I might be less irritated about if they were making any attempt at all to salvage the situation, but they are not.

No offers to substitute the missing part (nothing but an ignored suggestion there), no willingness to even tell me what the missing part is so I can attempt to find it on my own (again, totally ignored when I've asked more than once), no "How can we make this okay for you?", no offers to refund even part of the cost of the machine for ruining my kid's holiday (I've told them this too - this was the one and only Hannukkah gift for my kid and she is DEVASTATED that there was nothing on the table all week). Just repeated empty apologies, no follow-up unless I write them first, and no actions to get my item shipped. Worst customer experience I've ever had. And the real kicker? As of right now, the computer is still showing as IN STOCK on their website.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have ordered many pieces of photography equipment from B&H, ranging from simple clamps to professional camera bodies costing thousands of dollars. My experiences have always been very satisfying — quality products at fair prices. Unfortunately, my experience with their preferred carrier, UPS, has been less than stellar. But that’s not under the control of B&H.

Resolution response: Dec. 20, 2017

I got a refund from Paypal, ordered the printer from Amazon. The price went down after the printer was shipped and Amazon doesn't make price adjustments, so I bought the same printer again and returned the previously ordered printer upon it's arrival.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

On December 7th, I ordered a printer from B&H Online. It was supposed to come later, but it never came. B&H claimed they sent it to UPS and that UPS is delayed because of the holiday, but that simply isn't true. I ordered something else from B&H and it was delivered to my address perfectly fine. The tracking number had no updates on the package because UPS decided it would be a good idea to not initially scan the item. B&H refused to give me a refund, but luckily I made the payment through PayPal. B&H Customer Support flat out said that they wouldn't respond to the dispute, but they would call the package back. The very next day, they decided to respond to the dispute and PayPal refunded me the money, which was $391.04. I am pretty sure they won't be getting that package returned to them since UPS seems to have lost the package.

B&H claims that this happens all the time. Packages aren't initially scanned by UPS, then a week or two later it arrives to the buyer's address. It is supposed to be expedited shipping. B&H must be crazy to think that they can have UPS not initially scan items. When you don't scan an item, neither UPS, B&H or the buyer will know when the package is received. If it was Amazon or any other big company, they would have refunded me the money. Amazon recently lost 4 of my packages, it was reported as lost, so they gave me replacements and/or refunds and they also gave me free credits for the problem. What did B&H do? They said they would file a claim with UPS and they also told me that they wouldn't respond to the PayPal dispute.

Filing a claim with the same people that were incompetent enough to not initially scan the item is horrid. As I've said before, they responded the next day, probably because I told them. I wonder how angry they will be when they don't get the item back from UPS since it's definitely lost. I am never ordering from B&H ever again. It will be my first and last time I have ever purchased an item from B&H. I ordered the printer from Amazon and it will arrive (on-time) in a couple of days. It is the Brother HL-L8360CDW Color Laser Printer. I would just like to point out that the Customer Representative that told me that they will not respond to my PayPal dispute was someone by the name of Raphy **.

I suggest that B&H retrain that person or whatever since that's not what you say to a customer. I would also like to point out that their customer support is not good because they are only available at certain times. They aren't available 24/7, which is how long they should be available. They make way more money online than they do at the stores in New York, but I guess they are being really cheap.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I ordered a silver Mac Pro for my granddaughter’s 18th birthday. They changed my order to Space Grey. My granddaughter is terribly unhappy with the dark grey Mac. B&H refused to exchange it for the silver because she removed the shrink wrap covering the box the computer was in when she opened her present. They also lied by saying Apple had discontinued the Space Grey so they couldn’t take it back.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

It was easy to find what I was looking for on B&H Photo's website. I purchased a WDC My Book 8TB & Sony BD-R 25GB spindle; great prices on both. Service was prompt & delivery on time (UPS tracking provided).

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Epson Projector - Don't trust the B&H Photo, they say expedited delivery in 3 days. But you will never get it. What they say is, they will ship it to you in 3 days but they don't guarantee when they will get it. So they may get it in 2-4 weeks or even more. They make false promise in about delivering the product. I don't see the point of buying something which will be deliver to you in 2 months.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I ordered a 55 inch LG from B&H. I had spoken with a helpful salesperson in Oct. He answered my questions and did not try to upsell or close the sale (after telling him I was researching). I was concerned about buying it "mail order." He told me how they shipped large tv's via a freight shipper and have had very good results. I felt he answered my questions and addressed my concerns. I purchased the TV later in Nov. The shipper called to arrange delivery and the TV arrived, no problem, no issues. The TV is spectacular and both the vendor and shipper were excellent; I would recommend all three.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Their website is clearly designed and easily navigated and their prices are competitive. It was my first purchase from B&H Photo and I believe I've got a good deal. I wish I could buy more from them, if only they had what I'm looking for.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I decided to give B&H a chance for a pre-ordered Sony camera which cost greater than $3k. I then waited a month for it to arrive and when it did the shipping box was severely damaged (ripped tape, bent box), no packaging was used to protect the actual camera box on the inside and the Sony camera box had damaged edges. I then contacted customer service about this and they gave me no option other than to "wait for more product to arrive" because it is currently on backorder. They offered me nothing as compensation and were very rude. This is the reason people buy things on Amazon. I will never buy anything from them again and I will let all of my friends know how terrible of an experience I had with them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I went to order online using a APO address that my army post office gave me, about ten days after I ordered they e-mail me and said they need a city that goes to that address, again I gave them the apo AE address just like the army post office gave me, and still they claim it was wrong and they also gave me an old Template to use for examples, so after 5 to 6 hrs of emailing them, and still they will not send it to me. I asked for a refund, so I got the refund but they would not refund the cd they sent me, which I thought it would come with the printer. I am sitting on a cd file they sent me by email that I cannot even use.

I went online and used the biggest online store and within two minutes I placed a order using the APO AE address that the army gave me. You have to ask yourself do you want to order from a place that takes ten days to e-mail you for a correct email adresss, then 5 to 6 hrs by e-mail traffic OR TWO MINUTES WITH THE OTHER COMPANY? Also I told them to use this address but they claim they could not but the other big online company uses this everyday?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I ordered a TV in October which stated "more on the way" in October. I had not received the order by the end of November so I contacted them and they said the TV would be in on December 5. The ad on the website now said expect them in "7 to 14 days". When contacted the store on December 5 for an update on this order they said they had no date for delivery and would let me know when they had more information. I canceled the order. This was very misleading to advertise a product at sale price and then not be able to deliver in a reasonable timeframe. I am wondering if I reorder at the increased price if it would speed the shipment up. I will not be shopping here again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

As a resident of Maryland, and having had positive experience with B&H in many years past, I had become accustomed to their fast shipping and quality products, this is no longer the case, at least with respect to their customer service which is clearly poor in my eyes and flat out lies of expedited shipping. I placed two high dollar orders ~$5000 each, these were a few months apart and in each case part of the order failed to ship as expected. When I called to see where my order was after it failed to be delivered as expected based on both previous experience years ago with B&H and the website telling me it would naturally be expedited their customer service rep flat out lied to me over the phone that the product had actually shipped when in fact it had not.

On this most recent order it was not until I filed a UPS claim, a credit card dispute and several calls with messages left and emails to B&H before the order was magically shipped. The item in question went from "exception" on the B&H order status screen to shipped and UPS now indicated "Origin Scan" indicating they had accepted the package for delivery. These past two experiences of mine have pushed me to look elsewhere for my future computer and camera purchases.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

One of the Hikvision cameras that I received from B&H was stuck in a boot loop. They make the return/exchange process very simple. I would highly recommend B&H Photo as the go to place for security equipment.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I live in Australia and I have tried to return a Western Digital Hard drive that was faulty from day one. The UPS service employed by B&H will not take the drive and return it to B&H because of a UPS policy, thus rendering B&H returns policy useless. I have made B&H aware but they have taken no action. OVERSEAS PURCHASERS LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I receive my Panasonic Lumix FZ300 fast and at very good price. The camera is a perfect choice for traveling purposes. The accessories included by B&H are very useful, both the case and the memory card are of good quality.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Poor UPS delivery on Order # **. Timeline: Nov 15, 2017 - Ordered product. Got confirmation email with Estimated Delivery: Mon Nov 20 by end of day. Nov 20 - Received email with tracking number with a new Scheduled Arrival Date of: 11/24/17. UPS Driver arrives at my door with NO package on his truck. Called UPS Customer Svc to report missing package. They did not know where package was and said it would go out the following day (11/25/17). Nov 25 - Called UPS Customer Svc to track package. They still did not know where package was and said it would go out the following day (11/27/17). Nov 27 - Product was Delivered at 2:21 P.M. 3:14 P.M. B&H Website still shows that it's currently out for delivery.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Ordered the 43" LG Monitor on Monday, backordered until Wednesday. Item was in stock Wednesday and the order status and UPS site both stated shipped. Which actually means just a label was printed. The item did not physically ship. I called Friday to inquire why the item hasn't shipped and was told that there was a delay in shipping from the warehouse. I was told I would receive a $25 credit toward future purchases. But I would have to call this coming Monday to find out if the item actually shipped!!! I was fine with the delay with the backorder because that meant that they wouldn't take the money out of my account until it physically shipped. They printed the shipping label and then didn't ship the item for over 6 days, even though this is Thanksgiving week.

Label was printed on Wednesday and it is now Friday and I did not receive any notification that there was a problem with shipping. They took the money, but didn't ship the item. The Customer Service Rep was very helpful and worked hard to help me with this, that is not the issue. The fact that the company misled and deliberately knew that item wouldn't ship, within the expedited 2 day time frame they promise, and then still take my money without any notification of the delay, is the issue. It feels like they just aren't too concerned with customer satisfaction and don't have the ability to follow through on what they are in business to do. I should have cancelled the order, but I need the item I purchased and I can't find anyone that sells it locally for the price they offered. It was $100 the regular price. I was offered $50 off future purchases and I turned it down because I won't shop at B&H Photo anymore.

B&H Photo Company Information

www.bandh.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use