B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

B&H Photo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Watch out for this company - RUN THE OTHER WAY! A couple of months ago I purchased a Primera LX610 Print & Cut label printer for $2375. I also bought a box of (2) rolls of Poly labels media which require a microchip on the core to activate the roll of media. I set up the printer and ran out the first roll between December and January. I went to open up the 2nd roll of media, and the microchip was missing! I initiated a return and sent back the faulty roll asking for a partial (half) credit to the B&H online store. They received the roll and told me that I had to return both rolls in order to receive a credit!

I told them the 1st roll was already printed. They refused to accept my return for the $63 roll and are supposedly sending it back to me. So.. I am left holding the bag for an entire 150’ roll of media I cannot use!! This company wouldn’t take responsibility for a faulty product from their warehouse and simply either refund or credit me. I will NEVER shop there again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Ordered 2 units of Google Pixel 4A 5g. Their carrier "FedEx" didn't deliver my order. They just signed the delivery receipt and stole my order. They even invented a name who received it. B&H does not want to file a claim to Fedex and they also don't want to refund or replaced my missing order. AVOID THIS STORE AT ALL COST. SUCH A SCAM TO ALL HONEST CONSUMERS. SAVE YOUR money and buy elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

The start December, I ordered a Sigma 24-70 lens for Sony. I paid 90 dollars extra shipping for their 3-5 day delivery. The day after I received a notification my product shipped. All sounds good until I see the tracking hasn't updated. It is still at their store, I write an email to customer service - no response. The item is finally shipped where it isn't updating from the Dec 12th- Dec18th. I wrote customer service and the response was "it will be 60 days before we can look into any lost item." I tell them I am not pleased because I paid extra for their fastest shipping, I get a copy and pasted "I'm sorry you're not happy message, thank you for your business".

The item I ordered has arrived on January but do you think B&H issued any kinda shipping refund to me. This is my first time ordering a product from there in a few years due to bad customer service before. I thought I would give them a try again and it's the same experience. I do see many people sharing the same experience as me.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I ordered Apple Airpods Pro from B&H Photo. I received the package and it only contained my receipt and some bubble pack - no Airpods. I assume it was stolen during shipment. I submitted a claim with B&H and they responded that there was nothing they could do. I asked them why they would not in turn submit a claim to the shipping carrier and they replied that sorry, my claim was denied and kept stating there was nothing they could do. I purchased an item, B&H failed to deliver it, and offered no resolution.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I ordered an item that they didn't ship. I cancelled it and ordered from another supplier. Five weeks later they shipped a cancelled item and refused to take it back. They dont answer emails. I cannot recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I purchased an ION cassette tape to digital converter. Upon arrival it did not work and because I did not have the factory box they wouldn't allow me to send it back for a refund. They finally allowed the return. They refunded my Payboo card and now are resenting an inboxes and charging me again. I will never buy from them again. Shady practices and garbage products.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I purchased software from B&H Photo. They sent a card with a voucher number to be used at Sony's web site to download the software. When I went to redeem, the site said code not valid. I contacted customer service, 1st by email then by phone. Since I did not have the order number, Charlie R, Drew and Ike all were unable to help. Ike did tell me he was the highest person I could speak with verbally but I could send a letter to the complaints department. My 'voucher' has B&H's logo. I am out over $300 and the software. Customer service used to be stellar. Now, not so much.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Yes- it's COVID and things are tricky. Drama is great on your favorite Netflix series but not so great when it comes to accounting. 2 decades of great service - now $12,500 in recent orders ending in crash and burn. B&H will NEVER get my business again. They have been authorizing multiple transactions multiple times and have no response when they use all my available credit. When items had to be returned - they refunded different and random amounts. They have processed the wrong accounts. They are not transparent or honest. It's a ridiculous game of pass the buck. I just filed a BBB complaint as I can not get any senior CS reps to accomplish anything. It's a black hole of time, with no results.

[To illustrate multiple charges: I see a $2199.00 charge 3X as pending, 1X as posted, and then 1X as paid all on the same October Statement. Keep in mind this is one line item among 4-5 similar expenses.] [To illustrate refunds: I had a charge of $791.37 that was refunded with $724.52. Where is the rest of the money?. BTW - no explanation. I also have a similar transaction with a $2900 line item. This is being refunded because they have double charged my account.] Oh, there is also the new Canon RF 85mm 1.2 lens ($2699) that came in a trashed box and the lens clearly had been well used. All these problems are part of a single order/kit. They are just in pieces due to availability and how they are being billed. Canon R5, Canon RF 85 1.2., Canon RF 15-35, Canon 70-200, and related accessories. COVID is not the problem. Lastly, I typically review either awesome businesses or really bad ones. This is the latter. :(

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

They took pre-orders for parts that (specifically the AMD 5000 series CPU's). Immediately upon back ordering the part, they charged everyone, and then refused to disclose when the part would ship, what place you were in the backorder line, or even give an estimate. Note that the day after the pre-order, the customer service rep I spoke with promised an update on timelines within 10 days for an ETA. 10 days passed and the new rep said, "Well whoever told you that lied, we never give updates." On top of that, they make the cancellation process exceptionally tedious. DO NOT PREORDER FROM THEM EVER.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I ordered a $10,000 Celestron telescope with $1000 of accessories. After waiting four months to receive the telescope I contacted them and told them to cancel the order. They said they'd be happy to cancel the order for a 15% restocking fee. I had received the accessories, but not the telescope. When I argued, they kept throwing back at me that it was their "Policy" to charge a restocking fee. They refused to help or budge, though it was clearly their incompetence at fault.

B&H Photo Company Information