3.12/5

459 B&H Photo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2019

I accidentally gave an incorrect address to B&H. The package was delivered by FedEx to that incorrect address. FedEx said I needed to call B&H. B&H could then call FedEx and tag the delivery for re-delivery to my correct address. Sounds simple, right? One phone call, and FedEx was actually expecting it. But, no. Nope. B&H flat out refused to make the call. Instead, they opted to argue with me about it for approximately 20 minutes. 20 minutes of arguing that they wouldn’t make a three minute phone call. These people are not just wrong, they are jerks about it too. I will never shop B&H again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered a computer Chassis from this vendor, and it arrived broken. Bottom panel was all bent, the thing wouldn't stand upright without wobbling, and the internal plugs were bent, making it totally unusable. I've read from other people here that they sneakily re-package used products and label them as "new." Apparently, they also package broken products and label them as "new" as well. I will post a supplementary review when I get through the return process. DO NOT BUY FROM B&H. THEY ARE A TERRIBLE VENDOR.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Careful. Be VERY Careful and check over Each order.. They Re Sell Returns as "NEW" they repack, re shrink wrap, they kind of have an effective scam system going there.. I am a Long LONG TIME customer of theirs! I have had several purchases in the last year that are an obvious repackage! A few things downright used and abused sold as "NEW"!

As expensive DSLR cameras are, they do not come shrunk wrapped, neither do lenses (I buy Canon ).. I never, EVER risk buying a costly item here! I have called and was reassured that the serial number of my item purchased was never sold, I am the initial purchaser. Really, REALLY? As I send them pics of the POS they sent. "We would be willing to offer you a $50 discount if you would like to keep your purchase"... uhh NO!

I suspected this a few years back, the reselling/reboxing of a few purchases. But thought nah.. they are a reputable company! AND the past couple years, purchasing lighting, jibs, stands, tripods, DSLR bodies, lenses, mics, I have never had so many reasons to contact their Customer Support staff. Quite Honestly they don't seem to give a crap! Talk about a PITA. Just mail it back to us, allow processing time, we'll send you a replacement! (WEEKS, talking weeks) and I have had the same type of used garbage sent out, I have had needed items then out of stock, "on backorder".

If you are searching for an item, or they have a sale, a markdown for instance. Then the item is marked as "DISCONTINUED" and I have called and asked, so that's it? Not getting anymore? "Unfortunately not sir". Give it a week or so, when the returns come in, they repopulate on their website, ones, and twos. Suddenly available!!! They are USED RETURNS SOLD AS NEW!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I just can not believe that I’ve been calling, emailing, chatting with their customer service for a month now. For what? Just a pelican case that they sent me the wrong color twice!!! Imagine!? You buy a case, get the wrong item, return it, and get the SAME wrong item again!?! Even paid more because they charged me for tax and duties. So I paid tax 2 twice, kept the wrong item (because I couldn’t wait another week and deal with the return process) and they just keep saying sorry for any inconvenience! The very first thing in sales and marketing is “building a relationship with your clients.” It doesn’t matter how big your company is; it’s the customers that coming back to you. If you don’t offer them a good service, they won’t last that long.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered an Apple Macbook Pro with the newer Mojave Operating System at a great sale price in mid-December 2018! This was to replace my previous Macbook that died after 6-1/2 years. Anyway, they sent me the a Macbook Pro with the OLDER HIGH SIERRA OPERATING SYSTEM!! When I realized and contacted them, they 1st told me that they can substitute ANY Mac OS... when I told them that their website is advertising this laptop, as well as all of the other MAC Pros with MOJAVE OP SYSTEM, they seemed surprised.

I directed the supervisor to the site and he saw himself that ALL of the Pros were advertised with the latest Mac Operating System! He then told me he would try to get the CORRECT OS from the vendor since I pointed out to him that MISREPRESENTATION is Against the Law! Anyway, he told me that NONE of their inventory... of ANY of their Pros were the Advertised Mojave Oper System!! Wow!! They sent me a replacement and assured me it was the correct computer... I received the REPLACEMENT and set it up, only to find out that is was the WRONG OPERATING SYSTEM AGAIN!!!!

TWICE they sent me the wrong computer! Then, they ignored me for weeks!! I returned the computer a second time and filed a dispute with my credit card. B&H had issued a PARTIAL CREDIT when they received the computer and refuse to fully credit my account. They told me they will not credit it since I filed a DISPUTE with my Credit Card Company!! They are AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!! They IMMEDIATELY CHANGED THEIR ADVERTISEMENT to now just say Mac OS, but I have screen shots of what they advertised and I will notify CONSUMER AFFAIRS!! Do not buy from this company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a Hikvision Camera on 28th February 2019. The description said Expected availability: 7-14 business days. After waiting for about 10 working I contact the company. Only to be told the manufacturer (in China? Who knows?) would ship the item on the 15th on April 2019. That’s after 31 working days. And how long it would take to reach me is anyone’s guess. I will avoid purchasing any drop ship items from this merchant.

Original review: March 13, 2019

‪#BHPhotoVideo #BHSuperStore #Photography Really bad experience and lost my money, I will never recommend B&H to any International customer because their tech team, e-commerce and shipping system is not capable to understand the requirements and don’t want to improve because B&H very happy with what they have and doesn’t care about quality of sales and after sale B&H avoid to response. If you have extra money to waste then go with B&H. Order #**‬. Note: B&H blocked me on Facebook and Twitter because of complaints.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I spent $688 for a Zhiyun-Tech Crane v2 Gimbal from B&H Photo Video... 18 months later & after only light use, it's dead! Disgusted at the response from B&H Photo Video. "Purchase a replacement." It's hardly been used!! Nearly 700 dollars & they expect me to buy another one!!! AVOID GIVING THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY - #rippedoff #buyerbeware APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is absolute garbage. If you need a return or customer support I strongly recommend finding something else... like Amazon. I am upset that I am writing this because I have used B&H and they have been helpful in the past. Unfortunately, I was sold a faulty Item that I received on Feb. 8th and was not aware it was faulty until I used it March 3. I ask them to return it March 6 and they can't help me. What a burn.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I ordered 3x Schneider 31mm slip-on lens caps back on 2018/11/23. I received one in short order. The other 2x were back ordered. About 6 weeks later, I received an email that the remaining 2x items had shipped. When they arrived, the box contained a sheet of bubble pack, a cash register receipt for 2x of the items, and nothing else. I contacted B&H customer service, and they indicated the missing items would ship immediately. I received this third shipment a few days later, a padded envelope this time. It contained 1x of the items, and another cash register receipt for 2x of the items.

My surmise is that B&H has people working for them who just can't be bothered. If they can't locate the items required for a shipment, they ship what they can find, or if necessary just ship an empty box. It is not worth it to me to chase B&H any further on this. I am going to let them stiff me for the $13.95 for the final item. From now on, I will source small items like this elsewhere. eBay often has a large selection of things like this used, and B&H has plenty of competitors.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Price matching policy is not clearly defined nor is it followed. Online customer service representative was rude and unresponsive. I've been a long time customer (over 9 years), and this is not "excellent" customer service B&H claims to have. Would've spent a lot more with them, but instead ordered as much as I could from the competitor instead. B&H lost over $1,000 in business because of this.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

After a long research I have place an order of an entire telescope setup from B&H photo to the sum of 4800$. The package was supposed to be sent in 3-4 days. It took them over a MONTH to send it. I had to send them emails asking what's going on, call them every couple of days and each time I got the same response, "we are working on it and will ask for an update from our warehouse." They sent the package with DHL Express. dealing with DHL was a whole other terrible experience but that's not the issue here.

B&H split the shipment into 5 boxes in 2 separate shipments which I specifically asked not to do. it took 2 for the first shipment to arrive and 3 more days for the second one. when I opened the boxes I was so disappointed that I have spent so much money and waited for so long only to find out that the mount I ordered (2 part kit) was not correct. They sent me 2 pieces of the same item (!) and not 2 pieces of the kit. Instead of a mount head and a tripod, I got 2 mount heads.

I immediately called their terrible customer service again to report the problem and ask for a quick solution. I was asked to send pictures of the boxes and after I did I was told they will get back to me later that day. 3 weeks have gone without even a small update on the situation and today I got an RMA. Now they want me to pay for the return of the item they sent me by mistake and are not willing to send the tripod until I do so. Oh and of course they want me to pay for the delivery of the correct item!

By now 2 months have gone by and I still cannot use any of the equipment I paid for! The entire process was terrible, the customer service representatives are completely not cooperative and unwilling to help and show even the tiniest sympathy for a customer. I will never buy from them again and I strongly recommend you do the same. I regret not researching about B&H before and only about the equipment itself.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased a Leupold binocular from them assuming that the quality would be amazing considering the price I purchased it for. Customer rep. also convinced me to go with this brand. However, after receiving and trying it for a couple of days, couldn't believe a product worth $300 would be such a bad product. Also, the surprising factor was the genuine consideration to go with the brand as suggested by their customer rep. It was a very bad mistake and I regret it. Here, comes the worst part. If I didn't like the product, I had to pay the return fee. I felt I was trapped the way they have mislead a lot of customers. *This is the Worst class Experience from a best in class store in NY.*

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

This dispute has gone on forever and B&H has refused to refund my money on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone which cost me $699.00 which is no small change. I have all the proof of return as well as a documented call in which they agreed the phone was the wrong phone for the USA and that they'd accept the return and refund my money. That has not happened and it's 4 months after the return. I'm quite shocked being a commercial advertising photographer who has bought from them before and find this extremely dishonest, despicable and totally bad business. Thus, I'm warning all who chose to purchase from B&H Photo to beware as they've totally gone in a bad direction and like me, you could get burned.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

After purchasing from B&H for the past 20 years I will no longer be a customer. B&H clearly doesn't care about the customer anymore. I ordered a 65" TV (Sony 65x900f) and unfortunately had to cancel immediately due to them playing games with the price. I was quoted a price on the phone and was charged more. After getting the confirmation email I called to correct the discrepancy and despite spending an hour speaking to customer service and sales, the mistake wasn't corrected. You shouldn't give a price then bill more, this is unethical and clearly B&H doesn't care about the customer. Shame, because they use to be a reputable company... Ten minutes later I ordered the same TV with another company for much less money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Lied about estimated shipping times, website slow and difficult to navigate. There is currently 10 processing charges in my bank account. Order was difficult to cancel, will never use again and neither should you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

First time buying from this company, and I had high hopes of good service since they're a well-known store. I should've read more about them. Apparently, they're good at everything else, except shipping their product on time. I found a fairly cheap telephoto lens from their app storefront, and ordered it with priority overnight shipping (next day morning) at 10-11am the day before, which is $60 extra. The next day, no package. Checked FedEx tracking, it's estimated to arrive the following day. So, I pretty much burned money for no reason. Amazon had better shipping service, even eBay private sellers do it better! Sure, it's my first time buying from B&H, and it will be the last as this first experience was bad. No one from their immaculate "customer service" tried to even contact me about this blatant mistake on their end.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Have been dealing with B&H for over 30 years. Great service! Always prompt, and great inventory of products, even for a traditional Black and White film buff like me. Film, paper, framing, matting, and mounting supplies, etc. are always available through B&H. They deliver promptly and are always helpful with questions I might have.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Well, so I'm not calling about a $3000-product... The agent with whom I spoke went beyond not giving a ** to being downright scoffing. His voice announced by its timbre and modulation that I was somehow interrupting his lunch break or whatever, simply by having the guts to intrude with a product inquiry. Now, upon consideration of the two occurrences of same disgraceful arrogance, no longer will I do business with B&H, having in the past spent rather a large sum ordering from them!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the mirrorless full frame camera. The Sony A7II is amazing even with the kit lens. It captures color so accurately and feels great in the hand. Much easier to deal with than the Nikon, which was a very nice camera. I have not tried the adapters to use my Nikon lenses yet, but plan to down the road. Of course, they will have a crop factor, so I may just sell the old lenses and buy either new or refurbished ones after I have had time to learn the ins and outs of the Sony. B&H does an amazing job of being well stocked and quickly delivering orders. I use them for most electronic items and have been totally satisfied with their prices and their customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I've been a long-time B&H customer. Over the holidays, I ordered two Apple computers, in a total of 4 orders. One order has yet to ship, and one of the computers was so poorly & hurriedly packaged, I was surprised it arrived intact. B&H disregarded my shipping requests altogether causing further inconvenience and delay during a busy season. The chat representative was arrogant and my subsequent inquiries to customer service were shuffled around, with no one taking a second look or even knowing what the issues were. No apparent ability to track problems from start to finish through their system and not enough interest on behalf of their customer. I am left with the conclusion the company simply does not care. Cannot recommend and will not shop here again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

B&H is my go-to for cameras and electronics, they have a huge selection, outstanding customer service, competitive prices, fast, free shipping, absolutely nothing not to like! Website navigation is easy, lots of useful reviews by B&H's highly knowledgeable clientele. Good recommendations for accessories for each item.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

First off, I never had a problem ordering from B&H in the past but there's always a first time. I needed an item quickly and B&H offered the item I needed with "Free Next Day Delivery" so I placed my order with them. I was shocked when the item was shipped via FedEx with an estimated delivery date 6 days out. I thought that maybe the shipper made the error, that is until I contacted B&H customer service. I requested a return since the day had passed when I needed the item and now I no longer needed it because I had to purchase a similar item locally. They granted a return but a shipping fee of $10.55 would be charged to me.

I again contacted them, explained that I was not responsible for paying for their error since their offer included the free next day delivery to which they responded that the offer included "Expedited" shipping which they fulfilled. My response to them also included a screenshot of the ad showing the "Free Next Day Delivery" promise which they must not have noticed. I responded, once again, my blood boiling, emphasizing the Free Next Day Delivery screenshot which I once again attached to the email. They must have realized that they were caught in their lie and finally sent a prepaid shipping label. I was so irate with the way I was treated and the lying tactics that they used that I told them that at that point I would just keep the item and relieve my frustrations by writing reviews on their unethical behavior. B&H, never again.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I wish I had read reviews before purchasing. This company is unethical. It has a deceptive return policy. I bought an Apple laptop computer on a Black Friday sale, and did so based on online information. I was not able to get into an actual Apple store. I carefully read the B&H policy which states that they honor a full refund for returns, unless the manufacturer’s shipping box was opened. When I received my Apple laptop, I opened the shipping carton. I wanted to see how heavy the product was as I needed a small lightweight computer. The computer itself was inside another shipping box, which was definitely NOT from the manufacturer. It clearly was not in a manufacturer's box. In fact, based on the return address label. It appeared to be from a different distributor... Nowhere on the box did it say Apple or have a logo of any kind or any indication as to what was inside that inner carton.

Consequently, I opened that carton and inside was the Apple product box with the computer insides. I did NOT open that box because I was cognizant of the return policy. At that time, I went to an Apple store and realized that computer did not suit my needs. When I called B&H, they claimed that since I had opened the inner box, the refund policy did not apply. They were polite, but uncooperative, even though I explained that I had not violated their rules of return. Even though the box that I opened clearly was not the manufacturer's box. And even though I intended to exchange the product for the one I actually needed, which actually was quite a bit more expensive than my original purchase. So they deducted 15% from my return item, which was several hundred dollars. I am furious and I intend to report them to anyone that I can.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I did not see this, twice I made an order. Once there was a defect in a laptop, and the second time another Macbook was sent. And all at my own expense. I paid FedEx for a refund. I see no reason to do other expensive orders.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Easy to order. Super fast delivery. Website is very thoughtfully designed. Easy to navigate. I found the product I was looking for in minutes. The product explanations and pictures were true the actual product.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I found this site on Cyber Monday and after shopping around thought the deal on a new iPad was good. It took a long time to come although first I got my "free" screen cleaning cloth under a separate delivery - kind of silly since I had to wait for the screen. The iPad was boxed like new but the screen had all these little dots where it was like the pixels were missing, lots of them and it was tolerable and then intolerable depending on the image on the screen. For $799 I was definitely in for something perfect.

Getting the RMA was easy. I sent back the defective iPad and was told 3-5 days to process the return and ship. OK. The following week I had not heard anything so I wrote them and was told it got there on 12/17 and would process and ship 3-5 days. Never heard a word, on the sixth day I asked and was told they were behind but then it would be another 3-5 days until it actually shipped.

Today 12/24 I got a confirmation of the ORDER and it says it will ship in 7-14 days. We will see if it shows up before I dispute the charge on my card. All communication has been initiated by me thus far other than today's ridiculous confirmation that staves me off for up to another TWO WEEKS. Thanks, B&H. Kinda hard to trust you when you are holding a bundle of my cash and I have nothing to show for it. Started this at the beginning of the month. This is why everyone freaking goes to Amazon. Lesson learned, trying to support an independent business.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

As always, doing business with B&H Photo is super simple, straightforward and hassle-free. Find what you want on their website, place an order and within a few days you'll have your product. I've ordered a number of items from B&H, including an entire camera system with lenses. Got a great deal on the bundle and it was delivered in days. The deal was so good that opted to buy from B&H instead of my own well known, local photography shop. B&H always has the best deals and you typically get free shipping and no taxes since it's an out of state purchase (for most). Yeah, I'm a B&H fan for life.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered 2 NEW HTC Vive controllers. One of the controllers sent to me was obviously used. I am not sure how they can make you pay for an unopened new item, and ship you an open box return that is in less the brand new condition!

B&H Photo Company Information