B&H Photo

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I placed an order earlier today. Then received an email with no explanation that the order was cancelled. Then a 45-minute call with Barry to find that you needed my P.O. Box zip, instead of my home zip code. Followed by a 25 minute chat session trying to confirm the order, unsuccessfully. Followed by another 60 minute chat with Dave ** trying to explain that there are two zip codes - one for home [**], one for PO box [**] to no avail. He was unable/unwilling to provide this information to your verification department, and insisted many times that my bank denied the cc transaction. I requested the name of a human person that I could email the information to [as I was in a telephone conference. Five requests for a human contact name, then 5 requests for the corporate CEO's name and email contact.].

My order then received two emails, one confirming, then one again cancelling the order. My bank confirmed that they did not deny the transaction, but your company provided the wrong zip multiple times. I need the cell phone due to my old one damaged while I'm away from home. Your c/s stinks. I requested your corporate office email. He refused. Look at the chat logs - it was a complete waste of time. I will never recommend your company due to your lousy c/s time wasting and refusing to provide contact [your Contact Us] info [easily available via internet]. Your company better ensure that you process a credit for the charges you made to my cc, or deliver the product I ordered. I manage a c/s group and I'd be fired for this lousy service.

May I implore everyone who reads this to NOT do business with these people. They will place an image of an item For Sale to the consumer, and they WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY very quickly, and THAT's about where it ends. They will THEN send you an email telling you that they are not ACTUALLY in possession of said item, and that now they have to go to someone else to see if they can purchase it for you. They talk vaguely about suppliers. They tell you that it could be 14 days or longer IF you ever hope to see the item you have purchased at ALL. I'm still waiting. They took my money. I have nothing to show for it. Their customer service is RUDE, UNSYMPATHETIC and NON EXISTENT as far as their wanting to solve problems in a timely manner. These are charlatans to avoid!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

I purchased a new item for my personal use. I returned it unopened. It took them 5 business days to check the package in, 7 including the weekend, another 2 business days to issue a refund to Paypal. Now get this. It is now business day 4 since they refunded my Paypal balance, and the funds have still not cleared and have not been deposited in my Paypal balance. So in total that is 13 days! I have chatted, called and emailed my dissatisfaction. They just do not care! Steer clear of this New York company. You are better off buying locally and paying a little more.

I purchased a Cyberpower Computer from B&H Photo as a gift for my son. Within three weeks of my purchase, I started to experience problems with the computer. When I called B&H Photo, the customer service I received was so unprofessional. The company told me that they could not help me and that I needed to call the manufacturer. Over the next few weeks, I started to experience many issues with the computer, and when I called B&H Photo again, they proudly told me that because it was 30 days after my purchase, that the purchase was final. The company said that they are not responsible for my defective computer. Since then, my computer has been basically a "lemon". I am in the middle of disputing my charge with my credit card company.

During this dispute, B&H Photo has provided false information to my credit card company stating that they have called and e-mailed me trying to settle the dispute with me. This is incorrect. This company is the worst and most unprofessional company that I have ever dealt with. I would never recommend that anyone purchase any item from this company. I rated this company with one star because the web page would not allow me to rate with no stars. Worst customer service ever.

I ordered a pair of the new Sony Platinum wireless headset and it was broken when it arrived. Not to mention their return and exchange policy requires you to pay the shipping and handling to send it back to them. So I paid an extra $15.91 to send them back a broken headset. Even the UPS store was shocked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Last Thursday I called B&H Photo to order a computer. As I needed it the next day, I wanted to see if I should order online or over the phone. The sales person specifically told me that if I needed it the next day that I should deal with him as he could make sure that happened. I accept his advice. Bad decision. At the end of the order process I was asked for my email which I provided. For some reason unknown to me, they decided to verify the order before shipping. My credit card was approved, it was just some internal procedure. I was not available by phone until the next day. When the computer did not arrive I tried calling but that was at 2:10 (app) and they were closed. They close at 2 on Fridays.

I never received an email about this particular order as the salesperson made a mistake when he wrote down my email. Long story short, I am scheduled to receive the computer tomorrow, 4 days after I needed it and 4 days after I was assured I would receive it. In hindsight I would have been far better off not dealing with the salesperson and ordering it myself online. I wasted a lot of time.

I purchased a refurb camera from B&H that was in open box condition. When camera arrived it appeared heavily used with huge scratch on bottom and letters worn completely off buttons. This was definitely not open box condition. I took a photo to test shutter count and it was at around 2500 with copyright information in there from a previous photographer. To make matters worse I test the camera out and it was shooting soft and out of focus. I called B&H and told them my situation and that I needed a replacement asap since I have a assignment coming up in a couple weeks. They told me to buy another one and ship the defective one back. So I purchased a brand new one which seems fine, although they have had my defective camera now for 5 days and still no refund.

It also shows that it was delivered there UPS, although when I check status of return on B&H website, it shows it has not been received. I called them up two times already and they have an attitude like they don't care and have even hanged up on me. Next is BBB if I don't receive my money. What comes around goes around. Don't start no ** and there won't be no **.

Ordered graphics card, paid, expecting delivery 5 days due to holidays. After someone waiting in all day on supposed delivery day contacted B&H only to be told there was a verification problem. It then took 48 hrs to resolve 2 emails, 1 live chat and then a phone call to be told it would be sent out now. If they had email address why when there was a problem they did not contact me? I have no clue. Do they expect their customers to be psychic? If I was to purchase anything from them again after ordering I would immediately call verification team and double check order information and dispatch. I would not trust them to deliver in a timely manner. Otherwise, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

B&H Photo has extremely reasonable pricing. They ship everything very quickly. Everything was packaged nicely & very secure. All purchases arrived in the specified time-frame they provided. We like everything about B&H Photo including the large selection of products to meet all of our needs, the quick response to any questions we may have, the ease of every transaction, the check out on-line, and the great communication they provide on every transaction - email confirmations of orders, shipping confirmations with tracking information. We will continue to shop B&H Photo for all of our camera equipment needs. They have super-great customer service. We made several purchases on different occasions, all on-line. All purchases were very positive transactions. We did contact them regarding a few questions prior to a purchase and all questions were answered. We had no problems or issues.

I bought my camera in a store and my experience was very good since they offer me an excellent quality of service. I contact customer service because I want to know some details of my new machine. They give good answers to all my issues about the camera I want to buy and offer me good support. They know very well all the things that we want to know about this service and about my camera. This store also give great prices and promotions.

I read the camera review and looked for the best price. B&H has the best price so I decided to buy from them. I ordered my DSLR Canon T5i online. The shipping was fast and service also was nice. I really liked to do business with them. They are experts in camera and photograph matters. You can find top line cameras and cameras accessories. I always wanted a service like that. Really happy with them. I have no complaints. B&H is one of the best on photograph, better than Adorama.

B&H Photo has the best price and provides smooth transaction. Their published pricing allowed me to make value detection without being pressured. I like the very comprehensive catalogue which I can use for future reference and new product selection. The purchase snail was complete, and allowed me to track my purchased product. Customer assistance number was visible on several of the documents. Clearly stated return policy. Photographs are detailed on most products but I would like to be able to pick several products and compare then side by side. Also, I wish they would include tutorial to type links on. Plus, the online ratings seemed incomplete to me. I wish they would have more detail upfront.

I bought my product in the store since I wanted to see and test the quality, the brand of the camera I wanted to buy and thus avoid inconveniences about said product. They have excellent prices without counting the excellent attention given by the staff who work in this company and by the administrative staff. I like everything and the quality of their products without counting the priceless brands that sell in this store.

Bought the items online Fortunately, there was not much trouble with the ordering process. It was hassle free and there was no trouble with checkout. Easy to use site. Very detailed information. Everything I wanted to know was in the site. I was able to compare different items for my assessment. The item selection is very vast without having to overwhelm one self with the variety. Checkout is also a breeze. There is nothing to dislike about B&H Photo but maybe the color of the site or add a sort of rewards system to the site so more people will be encouraged to buy.

The products from B&H are always top quality. The order was filled perfectly and shipped in a reasonable amount of time. The internet pictures are always clear and the description is always in detail. Whatever you see on the internet is exactly what you will receive in the mail. Their return policy makes you feel comfortable ordering from this company because you know they will stand behind all of their products. I have never had a problem ordering for myself or for my son ever. Just recently ordered and bought my son-in-law equipment that he requested as a birthday present and he said everything arrived in perfect condition and was exactly what he wanted and was very happy.

They were very helpful and really knew their stuff. I bought my camera and accessories at their NYC location which was modern and very well stocked with everything I needed. I like their prices and types of cameras. When I questioned them about their prices I was able to compare them easily with their competitors. I would definitely go back to them for additional photo equipment.

Good look overall and it was easily accessible. Good company with good rates as well. I used it for pics and all went well. I would use them in the future again if I could. We also had a good time shooting pics.

I needed a new camera, so look online for different models and prices and B&H Photo was the one that caught my attention. And they had recommended it to me before. Everything is excellent. Very good configuration, fast, I like all. I love how the photos are, the most important is the memory. Recommended to all my best friends.

In the past, I have purchased a few items from them, all went good. But not this time. I ordered a Nest outdoor cam, came in on time, however, I open the package, I noticed it is used cam, the inside Nest package has been opened. It is still working, but just so surprisingly, they will sell it as NEW?

I bought a computer lens and it was a great lens. I had a very pleasant experience. The item was shipped quickly and was just as described. I had no problems with the item that I received. It was of good quality and have no reason to dispute its authenticity. I have heard wonderful things about B&H such as the following: A friend of mine had a computer issue and talked with customer service and got replacement options. Based on their advice, he ordered a new computer that arrived the following day. The customer service person advised him what replacement software was available for OS Yosemite and loaded the latest Microsoft Office onto the computer. Thankfully he was also able to transfer all my friend's Hard Drive data to the new computer.

This banjo should have been in parts in a manufacturer's box. I received a banjo put together. I don't know who put it together or if they have done so correctly. This banjo was a floor model. It had fingerprints on it from customers. It is missing the bridge. Without a bridge a banjo cannot be played. If it had come as it should have in a manufacturer's box, then it would have come with tools for assembly and maintenance. They did not send the tools that came with my banjo. I now have a banjo that cannot be played nor can it be properly maintained.

I have contacted the company and they have refunded me a measly $25. It has been weeks and I have not received the replacement parts that they've promised. They refused to work with me further or help me in any way. I thought I would be learning the Banjo by now but weeks have passed. I would not recommend ordering from this company. Customer service is not one of their concerns. I'm very unhappy to have received an item that should have come into manufacturer's box but has been handled by a number of people and has missing pieces. I know this will not be resolved with the company so now I have to go out and buy a bridge and tools so that I can disassemble this product and put it back together to be sure that it's properly assembled. This is a huge inconvenience.

The experience was good. Excellent, smooth and relatively easy ordering process. Great quality products for good prices and they have awesome daily specials and fast shipping. I've bought a camera from them and it was reasonably price. And they don't have ma tax so I saved. I bought both in store and online. The website is easy to search to find the items you are looking for and the staff in the store was very helpful and knowledgeable and was able to answer the questions I had for them. There are some rude employees, but I say that the majority are customer friendly. Also, I had received a defective product, but they make it easy to return. However, the replacement was damaged also. They need to have better shipping packaging, and they should offer protection in shipping.

It was very easy to use their website and the experience went quickly. Their website is clear, concise and very informative. They had many different cameras available and they had exactly what I wanted when I purchased my camera. Their prices are also excellent. I purchased my camera and equipment online. I did not have to go to a store and deal with parking, waiting and crowds. It was an easy shopping experience for me. The equipment arrived in good condition, the package had everything as ordered, and I received the package in the time frame promised. There is nothing that I dislike about B&H Photo. I had no negative experiences with my purchase and I did not have to contact customer service about anything. I would recommend them to anyone purchasing a camera.

B&H has a very nice atmosphere and I can find what I wanted. Their employees were very nice, informative and could find what I was looking for. Cashout was fast and easy. I also like the wide range of cameras and equipment they had. They has the latest camera equipment. The location and the store design was also very nice. I didn't have to drive too far to reach the store. However, the space and the messiness of store was a little bit cumbersome. Maybe a little less clutter. And maybe their company should invest in a bigger store because if you have a bigger store you can potentially add more variety and space when there are a lot of people there shopping. But generally speaking, I did not find that the experience was not pleasurable.

I would highly recommend B&H Photo! They have an awesome selection of equipment and great customer service. My husband is the photographer and he won't go anyplace else. It's a great place for a beginner or an experienced photographer to learn and test out new products and ask questions from a staff that is qualified. The representatives there are very knowledgeable about the products they sell! We have done both home and store purchases and both are great. We have had smooth transactions. We have only used them for assistance and are consistently met with a helping attitude. The only thing that would make it better is if it were closer to our home. We have taken the train into New York City before to shop and it was a great experience!

I purchase all my camera equipment thru B&H. Their customer service is great when buying but beware when you need something. They are not honest. I purchased a D750 Nikon at full price. I was marked down $400.00, 10 pass my 30 day return and you also got a free hand grip. They told me they could not help me as my 30 days was out by 10. Keep in mind I am looking to buy another lens over 2000.00 and just bought one for that amount and a new flash. Told me to contact Nikon. They would be the only ones to help me. Well that was an epic fail. They're a billion dollar company. They can't help me they said. B&H lied. They could have issued me a credit or refunded something. Instead they decided to lose a lifetime customer and many more because one word speaks a thousand.

It has been at least ten years since I shopped at B&H, but it was a good experience. It carries a large variety of products. The customer service department is well versed in knowing their products and in aiding returning or prospective clients with said products. The merchandise I ordered arrived promptly and in excellent condition. I am still using it. The only thing I dislike is that no physical stores are located in my area. Products I purchased were bought either online or through customer service. I could probably spend plenty of time and money in one just wandering around looking at all the fantastic products for photographers. But my experience with B&H was exceptional.

It was very easy to get the items that I wanted. They offered a Nikon camera on sale for a limited time and I scooped it up. It was an awesome deal that I couldn't pass up. I bought it online and it was easy to shop. The website was laid out very nice and was easy for me to navigate through. I was able to find my items and purchase them. I would maybe offer more deals and promotions, but other than that it's great. Everything was positive with my interaction and I will definitely do business with B&H Photo again.

B&H Photo seem to be a good company to deal with for buying photo stuff from. They have a complete selection of good and even beginner photo gear. The prices for the selection of the photo gear they sell is very good, both from the end that's low price, to the middle price to the higher price photo gear!!! They have great photo gear. They have good deals and promotions on the most desired and wanted photo gear. They seem to ship their products with care and great speed, though sometimes the shipping costs are high!!! I bought my photo gear online. I am not near a retail or brick and stone outlet, however if I was near a brick and stone outlet, I probably would go to the retail location, but buying online saves me money. I don't have to pay sales tax when buying online!!!

I ordered both a camera and additional equipment online and was very happy with everything I purchased. Good price and fast shipping, supplies arrived well packaged, also really good selection to shop. They had a lot of options to choose from and gave very good information online about the products available. It was uniformly good and very positive experience and I would recommend it to others. Excellent quality and selection.

B&H Photo Company Profile