3.63/5

469 B&H Photo Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the mirrorless full frame camera. The Sony A7II is amazing even with the kit lens. It captures color so accurately and feels great in the hand. Much easier to deal with than the Nikon, which was a very nice camera. I have not tried the adapters to use my Nikon lenses yet, but plan to down the road. Of course, they will have a crop factor, so I may just sell the old lenses and buy either new or refurbished ones after I have had time to learn the ins and outs of the Sony. B&H does an amazing job of being well stocked and quickly delivering orders. I use them for most electronic items and have been totally satisfied with their prices and their customer service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Back in the early 80s, I ordered Nikon camera and lenses from B&H Photo because they were top rated by Popular Photography Magazine. So deciding to get back into photography again, I remembered the fantastic service I had back in the 80s. So when I was looking for a Nikon D7500 and lenses, I saw that B&H was still in business. I used their website to order my new camera. It was a simple process. Their prices are great and since I was ordering a bundle, I received a case and 32GB SD card for free. Along with free next day FedEx shipping. I am completely satisfied with the service I received and will definitely order from them again. Wonderful job guys.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I buy all my Apple products here. Same price and free shipping as ordering direct from Apple, but without sales tax. (Not yet anyway.) When my state starts charging sales tax, I’ll probably go back to buying refurbished products directly from Apple. One word of caution when buying any expensive products online — Be certain you order exactly what you want. Replacing damaged products is usually no problem, but if you order the wrong item by mistake, someone has to pay for that. If you’re buying an Apple product, and you’re not absolutely certain about your purchase, I suggest buying directly from Apple. They have a very liberal return policy. You can even return items directly to Apple Stores as long as you purchased them directly from Apple. I’ve bought several high priced items from B&H over the years, and saved hundreds in sales tax.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 5th, 2019 my banking info was used without my knowledge. On May 6th, 2019 I contacted my bank to notify them of the unauthorized fraudulent charge. Because the transaction was still pending my bank advised me that the transaction could not be stopped unless the merchant (B&H Photo) cancels the transaction. I called B&H Photo immediately to inform them that someone placed an order from there company using stolen banking info. The representative transferred me to someone in their so called fraud department. That rep advised me that the order had been shipped and that the company was going to contact FedEx to stop the delivery. She then told me that she would send me a form stating it was fraud and that it would take about three days for me receive a refund. I still contacted my bank to put in a fraud claim.

I called B&H Photo to check on the status of my refund only to be advised that because they were not able to intercept the delivery I would have to follow up with my bank. My bank is now saying that the transaction was authorized because B&H photo told them the item was delivered. I spoke with them today to let them know what my bank told me and the guy on the line said they can't do anything because they could not retrieve the item. I told him that one of their customers is a thief and that this person will continue to steal from consumers to purchase B&H Photo products because they make it too easy.

Original review: May 30, 2019

First visit to this store today. Went to purchase a backpack. Asked if a particular backpack was in stock and if I could take a look at such. The salesperson wrote up a sales ticket, asked me for my phone number (I declined), and sent me to the cashier to pay for it. I explained to the cashier that I just wanted to see the product. The cashier had to call a manager to cancel the order. Then the manager stood across from me at the counter while I took a look at the backpack. I was not allowed to walk away from the counter with it because she said that she had to return it to the stockroom if I didn't want it. This company aggressively pressures people into buying things. I will never purchase anything here. Ever. P.S. Why are uniformed NYPD officers performing security for this company?

Original review: May 29, 2019

I bought a phone which ended up not working properly, after calling customer service they told me to come in to the tech dept in their store so they can check it out. I had to travel all the way to the city to their store, 2 technicians checked out the phone and said that they can't fix it and I should return it for a refund. I returned the phone to them and didn't hear back from them. I had to call them daily and email them consistently for updates.

To make a long story short, they ended up returning the phone to me saying that they don't see anything wrong with the phone. I kept on telling them that their technicians checked out the phone in the store and confirmed that the phone is a damaged phone, but there was no one who would listen to me. Worse than that, when I opened the box they returned to me I found a phone with a cracked screen and guess what, once again there was no one that would listen to me and they just denied any wrongdoing from their side. After all that I'm advising everyone to stay away and not buy from them.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I have been to New York on April 2019. As I stayed to a friend’s house, I order from B&H via internet some equipment and then I visited the store (the last day of my staying to USA), in order to see some other items and decided there, which ones to buy. The total amount of my shopping was 550 USD. One thing that I wanted to buy from the store, was a tripod for my DSLR. So I went to this department and I met a Chinese man (I suppose), middle age. I saw him two tripods printed from their site, the first one costs 24.95 USD and the other one 34.95 USD. Both were (and are until now) in stock. I explained him that I wanted the taller and lighter tripod they had, in order to saw me and other tripods.

The guy probably was too bored to listen to me. So he gave me a ticket – receipt and told me “This is the best for you and cheaper (something that never asked for)…”. As I had a lot of things to buy and the store closed at 7:00 pm (we thought that it closed at 9:00 pm – our mistake…), I took the ticket and finally I went to the cashier to pay.

When I return to Greece (as we are leaving USA the next morning) I realize that the tripod was too short, heavier than the higher ones that I saw to that employee and costs 21.54 USD, i.e almost 3 USD less than the one that I had choose via internet. My fault was that I didn’t check the tripod when I was to N.Y. On the other hand, it was unacceptable to my mind that in a so big and famous store, an employee – I don’t know the reasons why – can deceive the customers, like the shop belongs to crooks. And all this for an amount of 21.54 USD, when I totally pay to this shops 546,77 USD!!! So I decided to communicate with the customer service of the store (via e-mail). I informed them about this mess (with every detail of my orders and the receipt from the shop).

As now the tripod is with me, in Greece and the cost of the international shipping is very high, I asked them if they could sent to my American friend’s house in USA (who had made the e-orders for me) the correct tripod, as she will be travelling to Greece for her holidays this summer and to send them back the useless tripod for me, by the beginning of September with her (after her returning to the US). They refuse to me this solution, by writing to me, that they cannot accept returns after “4-5 months(!!!)”. They probably didn’t recognize that it wasn’t my fault, but their employee fault!!! And I wonder, this tripod costs to me 21.54 USD. For sure, they bought it much cheaper. So for this amount of money, they prefer to “risk” their fame… I really didn’t expect this answer from them! Probably it was my fault that I trusted them!!! I will never do it again, as I travel often to USA. For sure, there are more stores like B&H and I hope they are more reliable!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

NEVER buy with B&H photo and video. I ordered a product from them and after ordering received continual delays in shipment for TWO months! When they finally "sent" it, the product NEVER arrived! After peaceably trying to discuss with the company my situation, they REFUSED to refund me! I feel STOLEN from and not appreciated as a customer. Overall, POOR customer service and TERRIBLE company management. Do not go through them, or risk having your money disappear before your eyes and B&H just shrug their shoulders.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased a kit, they sent me defective gear, I called in for a replacement. I have a gig due in 9 days... they were talking 2-3 weeks until I could get my replacement. I talked to a manager who was even more unhelpful, understanding or even listening for that matter. I wrote into their customer service who blew me off and basically made it sound like it was my fault they sent me defective gear. The overall feeling of the whole experience was disgusting. I ended up going through the manufacture for a warranty exchange when the device is brand new, I literally took it out of the box the day before I contacted customer service. In the future I'll spend a few more dollars and take my business to someone who takes care of their customers properly.

Original review: May 15, 2019

B&H refunded my purchase of an LG Oled after I bought it and discovered it $400 less at my local Best Buy 1 day later. My last 2 laptops I bought from B&H had to be sent in for repairs within 3 months of purchase so I can only imagine the problems a TV purchase from Brooklyn would result in. I contacted their shipper from NY all the way to Denver trying to get a stop ship. B&H REFUSED to stop ship. I finally stopped it in Denver.

B&H went out of their way to make sure I paid the RMA return of almost $400 to return. ABF even said B&H told them I wanted the delivery. In a nutshell I screwed up by biting on a price drop. But if you see a price drop on B&H I can attest that within 2-3 days you will see it for less elsewhere. If you are a good B&H customer through the years be prepared to take a purchase personally. They went out of their way to make sure I paid them almost exactly what I saved by putting my TV with a local store.

Original review: May 8, 2019

B&H Photo’s customer service is simply awful. I have purchased a ton of camera gear from B&H over the years. Never had an issue with the products or had a need to return an item, until now. Recently returned a product and B&H credited back the money to the wrong card. B&H admitted their mistake, saying they didn’t follow my request for store credit. Now the money is lost forever. B&H’s mistake has cost me a lot of money – and they simply refuse to own up to their mistake and do the right thing. I used to be a huge fan of B&H (as evidenced by all the camera gear I have purchased from them) – now their complete lack of customer service (when they are at fault) has turned me off for good.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Purchased Wacom graphics tablet and Epson scanner. Online, Expedited order. No delivery on expected arrival day. Called FedEx to track. Turns out B&H had my address wrong in their system. Called B&H multiple times. Couldn't get them to do anything to retrieve my shipment. Their only response was that it was my fault because I should have checked the order confirmation. True, but I have ordered from them multiple times before, and had no problems. Now I am out $595. Never ordering again from B&H. They are arrogant, and don't care about their customers.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I accidentally gave an incorrect address to B&H. The package was delivered by FedEx to that incorrect address. FedEx said I needed to call B&H. B&H could then call FedEx and tag the delivery for re-delivery to my correct address. Sounds simple, right? One phone call, and FedEx was actually expecting it. But, no. Nope. B&H flat out refused to make the call. Instead, they opted to argue with me about it for approximately 20 minutes. 20 minutes of arguing that they wouldn’t make a three minute phone call. These people are not just wrong, they are jerks about it too. I will never shop B&H again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered a computer Chassis from this vendor, and it arrived broken. Bottom panel was all bent, the thing wouldn't stand upright without wobbling, and the internal plugs were bent, making it totally unusable. I've read from other people here that they sneakily re-package used products and label them as "new." Apparently, they also package broken products and label them as "new" as well. I will post a supplementary review when I get through the return process. DO NOT BUY FROM B&H. THEY ARE A TERRIBLE VENDOR.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Careful. Be VERY Careful and check over Each order.. They Re Sell Returns as "NEW" they repack, re shrink wrap, they kind of have an effective scam system going there.. I am a Long LONG TIME customer of theirs! I have had several purchases in the last year that are an obvious repackage! A few things downright used and abused sold as "NEW"!

As expensive DSLR cameras are, they do not come shrunk wrapped, neither do lenses (I buy Canon ).. I never, EVER risk buying a costly item here! I have called and was reassured that the serial number of my item purchased was never sold, I am the initial purchaser. Really, REALLY? As I send them pics of the POS they sent. "We would be willing to offer you a $50 discount if you would like to keep your purchase"... uhh NO!

I suspected this a few years back, the reselling/reboxing of a few purchases. But thought nah.. they are a reputable company! AND the past couple years, purchasing lighting, jibs, stands, tripods, DSLR bodies, lenses, mics, I have never had so many reasons to contact their Customer Support staff. Quite Honestly they don't seem to give a crap! Talk about a PITA. Just mail it back to us, allow processing time, we'll send you a replacement! (WEEKS, talking weeks) and I have had the same type of used garbage sent out, I have had needed items then out of stock, "on backorder".

If you are searching for an item, or they have a sale, a markdown for instance. Then the item is marked as "DISCONTINUED" and I have called and asked, so that's it? Not getting anymore? "Unfortunately not sir". Give it a week or so, when the returns come in, they repopulate on their website, ones, and twos. Suddenly available!!! They are USED RETURNS SOLD AS NEW!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I just can not believe that I’ve been calling, emailing, chatting with their customer service for a month now. For what? Just a pelican case that they sent me the wrong color twice!!! Imagine!? You buy a case, get the wrong item, return it, and get the SAME wrong item again!?! Even paid more because they charged me for tax and duties. So I paid tax 2 twice, kept the wrong item (because I couldn’t wait another week and deal with the return process) and they just keep saying sorry for any inconvenience! The very first thing in sales and marketing is “building a relationship with your clients.” It doesn’t matter how big your company is; it’s the customers that coming back to you. If you don’t offer them a good service, they won’t last that long.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered an Apple Macbook Pro with the newer Mojave Operating System at a great sale price in mid-December 2018! This was to replace my previous Macbook that died after 6-1/2 years. Anyway, they sent me the a Macbook Pro with the OLDER HIGH SIERRA OPERATING SYSTEM!! When I realized and contacted them, they 1st told me that they can substitute ANY Mac OS... when I told them that their website is advertising this laptop, as well as all of the other MAC Pros with MOJAVE OP SYSTEM, they seemed surprised.

I directed the supervisor to the site and he saw himself that ALL of the Pros were advertised with the latest Mac Operating System! He then told me he would try to get the CORRECT OS from the vendor since I pointed out to him that MISREPRESENTATION is Against the Law! Anyway, he told me that NONE of their inventory... of ANY of their Pros were the Advertised Mojave Oper System!! Wow!! They sent me a replacement and assured me it was the correct computer... I received the REPLACEMENT and set it up, only to find out that is was the WRONG OPERATING SYSTEM AGAIN!!!!

TWICE they sent me the wrong computer! Then, they ignored me for weeks!! I returned the computer a second time and filed a dispute with my credit card. B&H had issued a PARTIAL CREDIT when they received the computer and refuse to fully credit my account. They told me they will not credit it since I filed a DISPUTE with my Credit Card Company!! They are AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!! They IMMEDIATELY CHANGED THEIR ADVERTISEMENT to now just say Mac OS, but I have screen shots of what they advertised and I will notify CONSUMER AFFAIRS!! Do not buy from this company!!!

Resolution response: May 2, 2019

After 2 months and many email messages the company finally refunded my card.

They indicated that the Camera been discontinued.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I purchased a Hikvision Camera on 28th February 2019. The description said Expected availability: 7-14 business days. After waiting for about 10 working I contact the company. Only to be told the manufacturer (in China? Who knows?) would ship the item on the 15th on April 2019. That’s after 31 working days. And how long it would take to reach me is anyone’s guess. I will avoid purchasing any drop ship items from this merchant.

Original review: March 13, 2019

‪#BHPhotoVideo #BHSuperStore #Photography Really bad experience and lost my money, I will never recommend B&H to any International customer because their tech team, e-commerce and shipping system is not capable to understand the requirements and don’t want to improve because B&H very happy with what they have and doesn’t care about quality of sales and after sale B&H avoid to response. If you have extra money to waste then go with B&H. Order #**‬. Note: B&H blocked me on Facebook and Twitter because of complaints.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I spent $688 for a Zhiyun-Tech Crane v2 Gimbal from B&H Photo Video... 18 months later & after only light use, it's dead! Disgusted at the response from B&H Photo Video. "Purchase a replacement." It's hardly been used!! Nearly 700 dollars & they expect me to buy another one!!! AVOID GIVING THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY - #rippedoff #buyerbeware APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: March 6, 2019

This company is absolute garbage. If you need a return or customer support I strongly recommend finding something else... like Amazon. I am upset that I am writing this because I have used B&H and they have been helpful in the past. Unfortunately, I was sold a faulty Item that I received on Feb. 8th and was not aware it was faulty until I used it March 3. I ask them to return it March 6 and they can't help me. What a burn.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I ordered 3x Schneider 31mm slip-on lens caps back on 2018/11/23. I received one in short order. The other 2x were back ordered. About 6 weeks later, I received an email that the remaining 2x items had shipped. When they arrived, the box contained a sheet of bubble pack, a cash register receipt for 2x of the items, and nothing else. I contacted B&H customer service, and they indicated the missing items would ship immediately. I received this third shipment a few days later, a padded envelope this time. It contained 1x of the items, and another cash register receipt for 2x of the items.

My surmise is that B&H has people working for them who just can't be bothered. If they can't locate the items required for a shipment, they ship what they can find, or if necessary just ship an empty box. It is not worth it to me to chase B&H any further on this. I am going to let them stiff me for the $13.95 for the final item. From now on, I will source small items like this elsewhere. eBay often has a large selection of things like this used, and B&H has plenty of competitors.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Price matching policy is not clearly defined nor is it followed. Online customer service representative was rude and unresponsive. I've been a long time customer (over 9 years), and this is not "excellent" customer service B&H claims to have. Would've spent a lot more with them, but instead ordered as much as I could from the competitor instead. B&H lost over $1,000 in business because of this.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

After a long research I have place an order of an entire telescope setup from B&H photo to the sum of 4800$. The package was supposed to be sent in 3-4 days. It took them over a MONTH to send it. I had to send them emails asking what's going on, call them every couple of days and each time I got the same response, "we are working on it and will ask for an update from our warehouse." They sent the package with DHL Express. dealing with DHL was a whole other terrible experience but that's not the issue here.

B&H split the shipment into 5 boxes in 2 separate shipments which I specifically asked not to do. it took 2 for the first shipment to arrive and 3 more days for the second one. when I opened the boxes I was so disappointed that I have spent so much money and waited for so long only to find out that the mount I ordered (2 part kit) was not correct. They sent me 2 pieces of the same item (!) and not 2 pieces of the kit. Instead of a mount head and a tripod, I got 2 mount heads.

I immediately called their terrible customer service again to report the problem and ask for a quick solution. I was asked to send pictures of the boxes and after I did I was told they will get back to me later that day. 3 weeks have gone without even a small update on the situation and today I got an RMA. Now they want me to pay for the return of the item they sent me by mistake and are not willing to send the tripod until I do so. Oh and of course they want me to pay for the delivery of the correct item!

By now 2 months have gone by and I still cannot use any of the equipment I paid for! The entire process was terrible, the customer service representatives are completely not cooperative and unwilling to help and show even the tiniest sympathy for a customer. I will never buy from them again and I strongly recommend you do the same. I regret not researching about B&H before and only about the equipment itself.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchased a Leupold binocular from them assuming that the quality would be amazing considering the price I purchased it for. Customer rep. also convinced me to go with this brand. However, after receiving and trying it for a couple of days, couldn't believe a product worth $300 would be such a bad product. Also, the surprising factor was the genuine consideration to go with the brand as suggested by their customer rep. It was a very bad mistake and I regret it. Here, comes the worst part. If I didn't like the product, I had to pay the return fee. I felt I was trapped the way they have mislead a lot of customers. *This is the Worst class Experience from a best in class store in NY.*

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

This dispute has gone on forever and B&H has refused to refund my money on a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone which cost me $699.00 which is no small change. I have all the proof of return as well as a documented call in which they agreed the phone was the wrong phone for the USA and that they'd accept the return and refund my money. That has not happened and it's 4 months after the return. I'm quite shocked being a commercial advertising photographer who has bought from them before and find this extremely dishonest, despicable and totally bad business. Thus, I'm warning all who chose to purchase from B&H Photo to beware as they've totally gone in a bad direction and like me, you could get burned.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

After purchasing from B&H for the past 20 years I will no longer be a customer. B&H clearly doesn't care about the customer anymore. I ordered a 65" TV (Sony 65x900f) and unfortunately had to cancel immediately due to them playing games with the price. I was quoted a price on the phone and was charged more. After getting the confirmation email I called to correct the discrepancy and despite spending an hour speaking to customer service and sales, the mistake wasn't corrected. You shouldn't give a price then bill more, this is unethical and clearly B&H doesn't care about the customer. Shame, because they use to be a reputable company... Ten minutes later I ordered the same TV with another company for much less money.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Lied about estimated shipping times, website slow and difficult to navigate. There is currently 10 processing charges in my bank account. Order was difficult to cancel, will never use again and neither should you.

B&H Photo Company Information