B&H Photo
3.56/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

B&H Photo

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

B&H Photo Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the mirrorless full frame camera. The Sony A7II is amazing even with the kit lens. It captures color so accurately and feels great in the hand. Much easier to deal with than the Nikon, which was a very nice camera. I have not tried the adapters to use my Nikon lenses yet, but plan to down the road. Of course, they will have a crop factor, so I may just sell the old lenses and buy either new or refurbished ones after I have had time to learn the ins and outs of the Sony. B&H does an amazing job of being well stocked and quickly delivering orders. I use them for most electronic items and have been totally satisfied with their prices and their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

As always, doing business with B&H Photo is super simple, straightforward and hassle-free. Find what you want on their website, place an order and within a few days you'll have your product. I've ordered a number of items from B&H, including an entire camera system with lenses. Got a great deal on the bundle and it was delivered in days. The deal was so good that opted to buy from B&H instead of my own well known, local photography shop. B&H always has the best deals and you typically get free shipping and no taxes since it's an out of state purchase (for most). Yeah, I'm a B&H fan for life.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought (amongst others) a well-known brand for a carry-on photography backpack. Its price (after special discount) was very attractive and I took advantage of that opportunity. Living outside of the US, generally, I prefer to buy this kind of items, personally, at B&H facilities in NYC but, this time, I ordered it while I was traveling in New Mexico. The shipment arrived there on time, as promised and I also was confident that, if needed, I could return it/exchange for other backpack I was considering as an alternative.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

B&H has the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. I purchased a $150 software program that was advertised on their website to work with my computer and camera. This was a completely false statement. It did not work. When I contacted them and requested either an update or at a minimum a partial refund they totally refused to help saying the program was not defective, it just doesn't work with my computer system (Windows 10) which they falsely advertised it would. Very poor service. Do not buy from this company...

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Ordered a product for my son's birthday which displayed "Expedited" shipping. So I thought it's 10 days before his birthday so with the claimed 1-3 day shipping will make it no problem. They shipped it ground 3 days later and has still not made it here! This has happened before on items purchased for my company so they must be very unlucky to have a "system error" as claimed multiple times on the shipping method. Will not order again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

If you're looking to buy from bhphotovideo, make sure you get a manufacturer warranty and not the one bhphotovideo provides which isn't the same. I bought a Pixel 3 and 95 days later I found out my charging port isn't charging. I reached out to Google and they offered to help, but since I bought from bhphotovideo and they are not an authorized reseller, google said I need to find out what the user id that was used to purchase the phone from google store. I reached out to bhphotovideo only to find out they bought the phone from somewhere else.

Google offered to replace the phone if I can get the user id from bhphotovideo, but when I called bhphotovideo, they refused. bhphotovideo asked me to return the phone to them and they will get it fixed. Not sure exactly how they will get it fixed, but the wait will take 4-6 weeks. First of all, how in the whole do they expect someone to send in a phone and wait that long for a replacement? What are the customers supposed to use for the time being? Buy another phone? That makes no sense. Google will not make you wait; they will send you a replacement phone. Then you can send in the bad one.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

No technical service. No after sales service, I bought internationally an H Alpha telescope that came with one decontacted Etalon, since it took me more than 30 days to discover the problem, it was my first H Alpha telescope, they said are not responsible of the product and I need to go through the manufacturer warranty. This is not the service I am looking, the seller should be responsible at least for a year in case of any defect. And not having any help from an after sales department after buying a new product is not what I am looking for, much more if I think all the money spent in this shop and when having a problem with one product you don't receive any help. Is like work with robots that only think in profits with low margins.

They offered 5 year warranty. That is nice but is not the warranty is a new product that have a defect, I bought this new and it came broken and it is quite disgusting having no support from the seller. By the way the technicians from Meade told me that BHPhotovideo can not sell overseas and just can sell at US and Canada countries, why do they sell it to me? Why it was available on the webpage for international shipping when Meade does not allowed this in their contract with BHPhotovideo. That's my opinion. I hope it can help somebody. Kind regards, **

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I ordered a used camera online, and they sent the wrong product. I sent them an email with a photo of what they sent. They refuse to send me the right product until they receive their mistake back in the mail. They are not taking care of me. Packaging materials are not free. Postage is not free. My time is not free. I am not their employee, to perform like a dog on command. I did not pay good money to get treated like someone's errand boy and fix their mistakes. Bottom line, buying used from them is a big risk.

B&H Photo Company Information