3.55/5

478 B&H Photo Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the mirrorless full frame camera. The Sony A7II is amazing even with the kit lens. It captures color so accurately and feels great in the hand. Much easier to deal with than the Nikon, which was a very nice camera. I have not tried the adapters to use my Nikon lenses yet, but plan to down the road. Of course, they will have a crop factor, so I may just sell the old lenses and buy either new or refurbished ones after I have had time to learn the ins and outs of the Sony. B&H does an amazing job of being well stocked and quickly delivering orders. I use them for most electronic items and have been totally satisfied with their prices and their customer service.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Back in the early 80s, I ordered Nikon camera and lenses from B&H Photo because they were top rated by Popular Photography Magazine. So deciding to get back into photography again, I remembered the fantastic service I had back in the 80s. So when I was looking for a Nikon D7500 and lenses, I saw that B&H was still in business. I used their website to order my new camera. It was a simple process. Their prices are great and since I was ordering a bundle, I received a case and 32GB SD card for free. Along with free next day FedEx shipping. I am completely satisfied with the service I received and will definitely order from them again. Wonderful job guys.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I buy all my Apple products here. Same price and free shipping as ordering direct from Apple, but without sales tax. (Not yet anyway.) When my state starts charging sales tax, I’ll probably go back to buying refurbished products directly from Apple. One word of caution when buying any expensive products online — Be certain you order exactly what you want. Replacing damaged products is usually no problem, but if you order the wrong item by mistake, someone has to pay for that. If you’re buying an Apple product, and you’re not absolutely certain about your purchase, I suggest buying directly from Apple. They have a very liberal return policy. You can even return items directly to Apple Stores as long as you purchased them directly from Apple. I’ve bought several high priced items from B&H over the years, and saved hundreds in sales tax.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been shopping at B&H for a few years now. Their website is very well organized and provides all the information I need, whether it's technical specifications or reviews. Finding what I'm looking for is always very easy. Furthermore, if I end up ordering a wrong item, returning that item is not complicated at all. When it comes to photography and electronics, B&H is my favorite go-to place.sssssssss

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I don't think I will ever be doing business with this company again in the future after this latest complete shipping hell experience. This company after waiting since June for a lens to come in stock charged my card out of the blue 1 day after sending me an email telling me they had no new updates for me. After calling them about the charge they told me the lens was already shipped so even though I was clearly frustrated I decided not to cancel the order and get it from them instead of the local shop I had found one at. Today I find out they shipped the lens back to themselves and then immediately shipped it off to another customer... Guess what!? Now there are no more lenses in stock! Go FIGURE! $900 poorer and a company who thinks this is just fine customer service... Stay away. They are trash.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Bought a Macbook Pro online and they sent me the wrong machine with half the RAM. No big deal...mistakes happen. Called customer service to resolve this issue, paid for another computer only to have them send me the wrong computer AGAIN. Called again and they tried to get me to purchase another computer. Not to mention, they tried to upsell me with a more expensive model and offered to knock off $40 for my “hardship.” Waste of time and money. Sent both the computers back for a full refund and will no longer be purchasing from this company.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Ordered product on 7/15/19, special order, not in stock which I knew. Website product would be available to ship in 7-14 business days. 14 business days has expired, no product availability yet so I called customer service and was informed it's backordered through the manufacturer. I called manufacturer and said they have no idea why I was told that, they have plenty in stock. Received an email today from B&H customer service stating product is still backordered. Lies! Worst customer service I've ever experienced! False information provided to customer to cover some shady business practice they have with the manufacturer. I would have been ok if they told me the truth. Will never use B&H again!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Ordered a used camera and lens from B&H for the amount of approx. $2,850. About 30 minutes after placing the order, I received an email that the order was cancelled. No explanation, no anything. After checking the next morning, the item that I ordered was not available anymore. I can only assume, that the website of B&H showed items that actually weren't available to begin with. My conclusion: Never order at B&H as you never know if they actually will be able to deliver. Very bad service.

B&H Photo Company Information