B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

B&H Photo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I purchased a used monitor from B&H Photo, and received it in good condition and in a reasonable timeframe. The shipping was free and took one more business day from the initial expected time at purchase, but overall only took 4 business days to arrive. I had to contact support a couple of times to fix my shipping address (due to my error - Paypal had an old address), but it was fixed in the same day. Based on this experience I would use B&H Photo again.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I've been dealing with B&H for many years, and I've never had problem. I find their prices and service to be very good. I've gotten cameras, film, and photographic supplies from them in their store, online, and over the phone. They carry the brands that I like, and they don't push gear that I don't want. I've been a serious amateur photographer for over 50 years. During that time I've dealt with camera dealers, and none have been better to do business with than B&H.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Quick response to questions about products and fast delivery of the order. I ordered the NEW MacBook Pro 2019 which arrived quickly and without any problems. Love the my new MCP19 and this was a very great experience with B&H purchase. I will strongly recommend B&H with their expert advice. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Yes- it's COVID and things are tricky. Drama is great on your favorite Netflix series but not so great when it comes to accounting. 2 decades of great service - now $12,500 in recent orders ending in crash and burn. B&H will NEVER get my business again. They have been authorizing multiple transactions multiple times and have no response when they use all my available credit. When items had to be returned - they refunded different and random amounts. They have processed the wrong accounts. They are not transparent or honest. It's a ridiculous game of pass the buck. I just filed a BBB complaint as I can not get any senior CS reps to accomplish anything. It's a black hole of time, with no results.

[To illustrate multiple charges: I see a $2199.00 charge 3X as pending, 1X as posted, and then 1X as paid all on the same October Statement. Keep in mind this is one line item among 4-5 similar expenses.] [To illustrate refunds: I had a charge of $791.37 that was refunded with $724.52. Where is the rest of the money?. BTW - no explanation. I also have a similar transaction with a $2900 line item. This is being refunded because they have double charged my account.] Oh, there is also the new Canon RF 85mm 1.2 lens ($2699) that came in a trashed box and the lens clearly had been well used. All these problems are part of a single order/kit. They are just in pieces due to availability and how they are being billed. Canon R5, Canon RF 85 1.2., Canon RF 15-35, Canon 70-200, and related accessories. COVID is not the problem. Lastly, I typically review either awesome businesses or really bad ones. This is the latter. :(

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

They took pre-orders for parts that (specifically the AMD 5000 series CPU's). Immediately upon back ordering the part, they charged everyone, and then refused to disclose when the part would ship, what place you were in the backorder line, or even give an estimate. Note that the day after the pre-order, the customer service rep I spoke with promised an update on timelines within 10 days for an ETA. 10 days passed and the new rep said, "Well whoever told you that lied, we never give updates." On top of that, they make the cancellation process exceptionally tedious. DO NOT PREORDER FROM THEM EVER.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I ordered a $10,000 Celestron telescope with $1000 of accessories. After waiting four months to receive the telescope I contacted them and told them to cancel the order. They said they'd be happy to cancel the order for a 15% restocking fee. I had received the accessories, but not the telescope. When I argued, they kept throwing back at me that it was their "Policy" to charge a restocking fee. They refused to help or budge, though it was clearly their incompetence at fault.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I was excited when I was notified that B&H Photo had a Gigabyte RTX 3070 in stock that I could order, so I did. But at check out I noticed they were charging $699 for the same model Best Buy and New Egg, and all other online retailers, were selling for the list price of $569. I asked a representative why and all he would say is they had it in stock on the other don't, so their price is $699. Needless to say I cancelled my order due to the principal involved. I'd rather wait longer than do business with a company that treats consumers like this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

B&H Photo went through their service level way below. Purchased a phone 3 months ago. It's Samsung A90 Phone. Screen display is gone. It's not working anymore & unfortunately this model is discontinued. What B&H Stand was, if it is available, they shall replace it. But they can't go for exchange for other model. I was ready to pay out of pocket for different phone as I lost my faith with this model. But their customer service was totally pathetic. No courtesy and they dont want to solve issue. Their answer is 'send your phone. We will fix it 60 days of time'. What a crap reply? DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM B&H PHOTO. EVER.. EVER.. NOT AT ALL.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I got a Galaxy Note 10 plus. 2 weeks using and phone stop working. Screen turn white. B&H Photo refuse to replace or return the product. So they charge $975 for the phone I used for 10 days. Now they said they can do nothing about it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I ordered some photographic equipment from B&H Photo online. The order system automatically generates addresses as you type in your details. In my case when I typed in the street address it generated another towns name and zip code. I fixed the towns name but the zip code remained incorrect. I placed the order online and realized my error and tried to call them. They do not have voice service on Friday afternoons. So I sent them a message on their electronic messaging system notifying them of the error and telling them to make sure they ship the items to the correct zip code. I next get an email with the item being sent to the wrong address. I spend over a month calling to say that I have not received the items I ordered worth $535 which has been debited to my charge card.

The customer service is atrocious. You have to wait for up to 45 minutes to get through and they all give you the run around. I finally get a supervisor in the customer service department to agree to refund or resend the items ordered. When I call back they claim to have been unable to retrieve the wrongly shipped items and that they will NOT refund or reship the items. I remain out of pocket for the money and do not have the items I ordered.

B&H Photo Company Information