B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

B&H Photo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: May 18, 2020

I've been dealing with B&H for many years, and I've never had problem. I find their prices and service to be very good. I've gotten cameras, film, and photographic supplies from them in their store, online, and over the phone. They carry the brands that I like, and they don't push gear that I don't want. I've been a serious amateur photographer for over 50 years. During that time I've dealt with camera dealers, and none have been better to do business with than B&H.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Quick response to questions about products and fast delivery of the order. I ordered the NEW MacBook Pro 2019 which arrived quickly and without any problems. Love the my new MCP19 and this was a very great experience with B&H purchase. I will strongly recommend B&H with their expert advice. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Always the best prices and best deals. I ordered a Sony RX100MVA and it was just about the best price on the market, almost $200 under everyone else and of course it came perfectly brand new and on time as always. Too bad they charge tax now, miss the days of no tax in the past.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I ordered some photographic equipment from B&H Photo online. The order system automatically generates addresses as you type in your details. In my case when I typed in the street address it generated another towns name and zip code. I fixed the towns name but the zip code remained incorrect. I placed the order online and realized my error and tried to call them. They do not have voice service on Friday afternoons. So I sent them a message on their electronic messaging system notifying them of the error and telling them to make sure they ship the items to the correct zip code. I next get an email with the item being sent to the wrong address. I spend over a month calling to say that I have not received the items I ordered worth $535 which has been debited to my charge card.

The customer service is atrocious. You have to wait for up to 45 minutes to get through and they all give you the run around. I finally get a supervisor in the customer service department to agree to refund or resend the items ordered. When I call back they claim to have been unable to retrieve the wrongly shipped items and that they will NOT refund or reship the items. I remain out of pocket for the money and do not have the items I ordered.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I ordered a Canon camcorder battery pack, listed with specs of BP-718 at 1840 mAh at a rather high cost each i.e., $62.95. They sent me a BP-718 at a rating 1790 mAh which represents a difference in sustainment of my camcorder. The problem is that I immediately upon arrival of my product tried to call and could not get through. I sent an e-mail. No response after a day so I called and got a representative that identified himself as “Dov”. I thoroughly explained the situation without a conclusion on how to rectify this situation. I suggested that I send them back and they send me the Canon Battery as advertised. He stated that he would have to talk to Canon a would call me back. Sent 2 more emails with no acknowledgment.

I firmly believe that much of this problem is the situation we are experiencing and that B&H is a good American Business that we could be proud of. My message is that when you order be aware that you can get a product that is not what you order and it maybe impossible today to get this situation resolved. Remember you are at the mercy of the businesses good and/or excellent business principles. I wish them well which I hope that We all can get out of this undue stupor before our American businesses are gone. God Bless America!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Listen I get that Covid is wreaking havoc on the shipping industry but this is a joke. Ordered a $2500 camera when it was announced. In the process Free shipping was selected but unknown to me, free shipping on this item was "saver" not "express". The item finally ships and here I am two weeks later with nothing to show for it. BH may not control Fedex but it sure does control what options are available on their site. If they are going to offer free shipping, and they KNOW it will take weeks to arrive they should remove the saver option and only offer express. At this point I would be shocked if my $2500+$200 tax camera ever shows and God help me if I need to file a claim. NEVER SHOP WITH B&H unless you want to get screwed over by their penny pinching ways. Order from Adorama or your local camera shop instead. These people are a joke and they know it!

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2020

My order was finally delivered on September 2nd.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My order is stuck at FEDEX due delivery exceptions. Due shipper's restrictions I can not arrange new delivery date or pick up my package. Only shipper must do so. Reached out to B&H Photo by mail and live chat. More than 3 business days later same status. Very poor service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

1) Used B&H's chat to find pre-sales on an audio product. Their claim of compatibility with Pro Tools and my OS were both WRONG.

2) Ordered a part for a video light stand. A week later I found out it was back-ordered forever and they bothered to inform me.

Buying elsewhere from now on!

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2020

Quick update. I normally rate a company that performs as expected between 4 and 4.5. I just don't feel the need to give anyone a 5 when they're just doing their job and delivering as expected. I will however give a 5 star review when a company goes out of their way to make things right. So often you don't receive a reply or even acknowledgement on a negative review. This certainly wasn't the case W/ Brian M at B&H. He reached out to me a few times until I made the time to reply. He did in fact take the steps necessary to correct any issues that I experienced along with saying they will increase their training to ensure it won't happen again. Brian has restored my faith and confidence in B&H Photo.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

B&H review on another product: I've never ripped a company before like I am now. I understand the world is a mess right now but my issue has nothing to do with that! 1. opened live chat to get a recommendation for an external battery for Astrophoto with my Nikon D850 purchased at BandH. I ordered the battery and it showed up w/ NO charger and the CoreSWX regulator. After waiting another week the charger showed up. Charged the battery and tried to use the product that was suggested by the B&H employee, but it is either defective or the incorrect product that was recommended by the B&H employee (yes I know that's twice). So after waiting in the tech support queue for over two hrs I was told that he was unable to troubleshoot and suggested I contact the OEM. I did so via email for a couple days and was told I need to return it. Waiting another two hrs for "ClayZ to open my chat. This is where the water starts to boil!!!

I told him very clearly by pasting the order number and product I needed the RMA for. He then asked if I wanted to talk to a product specialist. I said no, it doesn't work (third time) and that I simply wanted a credit as I had already ordered the CORRECT part by doing my own research. He said it wasn't eligible for a return. I again (second or third time) told him to look up the chat log and see that this was an order placed by a specialist that said the part would work. I again was asked if I wanted a product specialist. Finally he agreed to return. but told me I would be charged for return shipping! I again (4th time) explained that wouldn't work. He then agreed to make a one-time "exception" and not charge me the shipping.

Trouble is he started the RMA for the battery not the regulator that was pasted into the chat at the beginning with the order number. After asking me again if I wanted to be connected to a product specialist (5th time) It was suggested that I call the CS number as I couldn't speak to a manager via chat... I of course did so during the chat and received the message that customer service is not available. And why not, I mean it is Friday around 10:30 am PST. So now I have the correct part on its way and will see if it works and never and I mean never visit this site/store ever again. I will also, do my very best and spend the time and energy to warn others of this horrible business practice. I guess the old saying "buyer beware" is spot on when it comes to B&H. Oh and yes, I'm a professional that has spent approx. 15-20K on gear over the years. But that is over as there are many, many choices out there.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Ordered two product - one three weeks ago the other two weeks ago. They put them on back order which is ok but try and contact them, to find out what is happening, is another matter, numerous e mails and all I get is a robot response, call them any thing from 20 minutes to 1 hour on hold. Tried their chat, "We will get back to you..." Not. See where the problem is. I know what will happen. When they can they will send me a message saying, "We'll get back to you," or "It's been ordered." (Both is not answering my question!)

B&H Photo Company Information