B&H Photo

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This banjo should have been in parts in a manufacturer's box. I received a banjo put together. I don't know who put it together or if they have done so correctly. This banjo was a floor model. It had fingerprints on it from customers. It is missing the bridge. Without a bridge a banjo cannot be played. If it had come as it should have in a manufacturer's box, then it would have come with tools for assembly and maintenance. They did not send the tools that came with my banjo. I now have a banjo that cannot be played nor can it be properly maintained.

I have contacted the company and they have refunded me a measly $25. It has been weeks and I have not received the replacement parts that they've promised. They refused to work with me further or help me in any way. I thought I would be learning the Banjo by now but weeks have passed. I would not recommend ordering from this company. Customer service is not one of their concerns. I'm very unhappy to have received an item that should have come into manufacturer's box but has been handled by a number of people and has missing pieces. I know this will not be resolved with the company so now I have to go out and buy a bridge and tools so that I can disassemble this product and put it back together to be sure that it's properly assembled. This is a huge inconvenience.

The experience was good. Excellent, smooth and relatively easy ordering process. Great quality products for good prices and they have awesome daily specials and fast shipping. I've bought a camera from them and it was reasonably price. And they don't have ma tax so I saved. I bought both in store and online. The website is easy to search to find the items you are looking for and the staff in the store was very helpful and knowledgeable and was able to answer the questions I had for them. There are some rude employees, but I say that the majority are customer friendly. Also, I had received a defective product, but they make it easy to return. However, the replacement was damaged also. They need to have better shipping packaging, and they should offer protection in shipping.

It was very easy to use their website and the experience went quickly. Their website is clear, concise and very informative. They had many different cameras available and they had exactly what I wanted when I purchased my camera. Their prices are also excellent. I purchased my camera and equipment online. I did not have to go to a store and deal with parking, waiting and crowds. It was an easy shopping experience for me. The equipment arrived in good condition, the package had everything as ordered, and I received the package in the time frame promised. There is nothing that I dislike about B&H Photo. I had no negative experiences with my purchase and I did not have to contact customer service about anything. I would recommend them to anyone purchasing a camera.

B&H has a very nice atmosphere and I can find what I wanted. Their employees were very nice, informative and could find what I was looking for. Cashout was fast and easy. I also like the wide range of cameras and equipment they had. They has the latest camera equipment. The location and the store design was also very nice. I didn't have to drive too far to reach the store. However, the space and the messiness of store was a little bit cumbersome. Maybe a little less clutter. And maybe their company should invest in a bigger store because if you have a bigger store you can potentially add more variety and space when there are a lot of people there shopping. But generally speaking, I did not find that the experience was not pleasurable.

I would highly recommend B&H Photo! They have an awesome selection of equipment and great customer service. My husband is the photographer and he won't go anyplace else. It's a great place for a beginner or an experienced photographer to learn and test out new products and ask questions from a staff that is qualified. The representatives there are very knowledgeable about the products they sell! We have done both home and store purchases and both are great. We have had smooth transactions. We have only used them for assistance and are consistently met with a helping attitude. The only thing that would make it better is if it were closer to our home. We have taken the train into New York City before to shop and it was a great experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

I purchase all my camera equipment thru B&H. Their customer service is great when buying but beware when you need something. They are not honest. I purchased a D750 Nikon at full price. I was marked down $400.00, 10 pass my 30 day return and you also got a free hand grip. They told me they could not help me as my 30 days was out by 10. Keep in mind I am looking to buy another lens over 2000.00 and just bought one for that amount and a new flash. Told me to contact Nikon. They would be the only ones to help me. Well that was an epic fail. They're a billion dollar company. They can't help me they said. B&H lied. They could have issued me a credit or refunded something. Instead they decided to lose a lifetime customer and many more because one word speaks a thousand.

It has been at least ten years since I shopped at B&H, but it was a good experience. It carries a large variety of products. The customer service department is well versed in knowing their products and in aiding returning or prospective clients with said products. The merchandise I ordered arrived promptly and in excellent condition. I am still using it. The only thing I dislike is that no physical stores are located in my area. Products I purchased were bought either online or through customer service. I could probably spend plenty of time and money in one just wandering around looking at all the fantastic products for photographers. But my experience with B&H was exceptional.

It was very easy to get the items that I wanted. They offered a Nikon camera on sale for a limited time and I scooped it up. It was an awesome deal that I couldn't pass up. I bought it online and it was easy to shop. The website was laid out very nice and was easy for me to navigate through. I was able to find my items and purchase them. I would maybe offer more deals and promotions, but other than that it's great. Everything was positive with my interaction and I will definitely do business with B&H Photo again.

B&H Photo seem to be a good company to deal with for buying photo stuff from. They have a complete selection of good and even beginner photo gear. The prices for the selection of the photo gear they sell is very good, both from the end that's low price, to the middle price to the higher price photo gear!!! They have great photo gear. They have good deals and promotions on the most desired and wanted photo gear. They seem to ship their products with care and great speed, though sometimes the shipping costs are high!!! I bought my photo gear online. I am not near a retail or brick and stone outlet, however if I was near a brick and stone outlet, I probably would go to the retail location, but buying online saves me money. I don't have to pay sales tax when buying online!!!

I ordered both a camera and additional equipment online and was very happy with everything I purchased. Good price and fast shipping, supplies arrived well packaged, also really good selection to shop. They had a lot of options to choose from and gave very good information online about the products available. It was uniformly good and very positive experience and I would recommend it to others. Excellent quality and selection.

B&H shipped me a broken item. They knew about it because the damage was so extensive it was hard to miss. It was not due to shipping because the protective packaging was in great condition. I already waited 2 weeks for the item to arrive. Now I have to send it back and B&H doesn't want to expedite a new order or to provide some kind of service to make up for their misconduct. Never again!

Needed a filter for my old Canon camera and went to find the right one to fit and give correct contrast. I shopped in the store vs online because I needed help figuring out what would work best. The clerk was very helpful and worked to get exactly what I needed. I would definitely go back for future purchases. It was good and I would recommend B&H Photo to friends. Overall great experience.

B&H Photo was simple, and easy to conduct business with. Site was accurate and easy to use and made it easy to browse their product offerings. They generally have reasonable prices. They also have a wide assortment of products for many different camera categories and it can be a bit overwhelming. But the visuals and descriptions are helpful in understanding what they are and if they meet my needs.

I received the products ordered quickly and they matched what I had expected. Everything I or my family have purchased has been online. Sadly no store near us. So far it has been good experiences. On the rare occasion something has not been right or has not worked they have been quick and efficient in making it right. Responses are generally prompt and they seem to honestly care about satisfaction.

Good experience. Website is easy to use. I purchased the camera online (there's no store anywhere near me), and it went very smoothly. They also have a very wide variety of items, and I can even get good refurbs from them from time to time. Good prices (usually as low as if not lower than Amazon or Walmart), fast and (usually) free shipping, straightforward website, warehouse locations about 2 days from me. It would be nice if they would open up a location somewhere near me, but their website is usually sufficient. Sometimes their technical descriptions are not as detailed as I would like, but I can always check out the specs on another website anyway. When I did contact customer service, it went smoothly. The camera was exactly as described, and I saved enough to get some accessories as well.

I went to New York City store by Union Square. I purchased a camera and other equipment. It took a while to talk to someone because the lines were long. It was way too crowded and it took a long time to get help, to pay and to wait for the item so I could leave the store. However, I found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciated them. Plus, the store had lots of choices for equipment. They have many options for cameras, flashes, tripods, lens, and other photographic supplies.

I first did research and was linked to bhphotovideo.com. They have a large selection and I liked how they have the new and used items there for you to compare. They have each item listed out by brand. Then the brand is listed out by each model. They also list out the items that have been discontinued or updates. Plus, it shows reviews. And all around great detail. Although the prices are sometimes high, there aren't many things about the site that are bad. It's easy to read and locate the items I am looking for. I looked up the lens I wanted as well as the camera brand and make that I wanted. I put it in my cart and continued to check out.

I have great experience through buying process and researching process with their customer service when I have lots of questions regarding the specs of the camera and which one is best for my budget. I researched online and bought in store. They have a pretty hard policy on returning merchandise when I first returned the camera as it was not functioning well enough for me.

I bought photography equipment in the store. They were so nice and really helped me find the perfect item for my job. I like their customer service. They really went out of their way to make sure that I got the exact equipment that I needed. I was able to ask all the questions I needed to decide on the product I need. Plus, I can find everything I need in one store and the prices are great. It was the best experience in my life. The experience was so positive that I will definitely buy more stuff again and I will recommend this company to other people.

It was easy to shop with good quality products and variety of options to choose from. Service was good and did not disappoint. Bought online with good updates about invoice and shipping. Shipped timely and received item on time. The overall experience was positive with good approach.

I placed my order online in the evening, picked it up first thing the next morning. Everything was quick and effortless. Same day pickup option makes my life so much easier. Delivery is also quick and cheap. Also variety is incredible with knowledgeable employees. I am very happy with the service. I had a very smooth and easy experience with B&H Photo. My friend recommended B&H Photo and I've been a happy customer for years. I keep coming and recommend it to everyone if an occasion call for it. Although the lines in my local store are a little bit confusing at first, it is not a big deal, just takes some time to get used to it. I am a very happy customer.

B&H Photo has a wide range of products that you may not find anywhere else. They also have good pricing on their products. I bought online and it was a good experience. I liked the selection and how they have the site arranged because you can find everything you are looking for easily. What I ordered arrived on time and was in great shape. But I do not like that there are not more physical stores because some products would be nice to try out before you buy them. I also dislike having to ship items back if something is not right. But good experience overall

It was a quick and simple purchase. The options of video cameras and cameras were massive. They have cameras for the exact needs you have. It is easy, informative, and an overall pleasurable experience. I would definitely consider buying from there for any camera or photo related needs. The prices are reasonable, fitting must budgets. The service was easy to understand the people were more then willing to help and when they talked it was easy to understand. Customer service from them was the easiest thing. I bought online but after looking in store. Online purchases are normally cheaper. I did have to contact customer service only because the package was a day late and was very impatient. Over all they are a good store.

No matter what I purchase from this company, they get it out quick. They also offer great back-end support. Returns are easy. Often offers free shipping. I would recommend this retailer without hesitation.

I purchased a e-mount camera lens from B&H online. The website was very easy to navigate I also like that B&H Photo has very competitive prices. I did some extensive research trying to find the cheapest price. They advertised the cheapest prices I could find for the product by over $50. And B&H continued to beat all other prices, that even includes some prices of related products. The purchasing process went very smooth. One item I don't necessarily care about is that B&H's brand feels dated. I'm a graphic designer and I think they could improve on their logo and overall branding. The Red, Tan and Yellow colors are very old school.

Excellent. Knowledgeable staff. B&H is pretty much my go to store for anything photo related. Super store and Large inventory. Competitive pricing. The most important thing to me is price and they beat all of their competitors in price. Sold used equipment in person. Free and fast shipping. It's a little bit far from my home but easy to navigate online shopping makes up for it.

My shopping there was very enjoyable. I bought my camera equipment in the store. I had a very pleasant experience. My purchase was very positive. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable. The store was very clean and tidy and have plenty of the latest merchandise. I liked how organized the store was. It was a nice place to shop and the people showed you how to use the equipment before you bought it. The sales people explained everything to my satisfaction. The decor on the walls and ceiling could have been more appealing and the flooring could use some work. Their merchandise could use some work and the floors could use some cleaning. I did contact customer service when I had issues with using the camera. Overall I had a good time shopping there. I would shop there again.

I bought a digital camera and a nice leather case and also an extra battery for the digital camera. I purchased the items in the store but did do research online also. Very good shopping at this store. I felt the sales people were very knowledgeable. This was very helpful to me when buying this digital camera and other supplies as well. The service I felt was very good and all the staff seemed to be very hands on helping me make my decision. Walked out of store very happy with my purchase. High prices is the only thing that concerns me. I know I could have probably bought somewhere else for maybe cheaper. It is always the best to get the best price.

I researched online at their website but I purchased in the store. It is a giant and awesome store with helpful customer service and many options for purchasing equipment! There are even random candy bowls around the store. Even an excellent place for browsing future purchases. The people that work there are always friendly and exceedingly helpful! You're sure to find what you're looking for no matter of style. The lines aren't even very long! All positive experiences with customer service. They helped me select and make sure I had the right camera lens for me.

It was quite a few years ago when they were new in the internet business. We ordered a camcorder and were quite pleased with the service we received from them. The specific things that I like about B&H Photo are the wide selection of items they have for sale, their return policy and the fact that they have an actual brick and mortar store. I wish there was a store in our area! I would definitely shop there.

I Ordered my products online and it was shipped and received quickly, as well as being correctly filled. I was able to select from several products until I found exactly what I was looking for. The product descriptions were complete and accurate. I really was impressed with the wide variety and selection of items, the user-friendly website and the ease of ordering the items I needed. I also really appreciate the acceptance of a promo code to save money while ordering quality product. I would like to see more product ads and pricing specials on the website. Overall it was a completely positive experience which has brought me back to browsing the website again and thinking of ordered from there again when my needs call for it.

B&H Photo Company Profile