B&H Photo
3.48/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

B&H Photo

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

B&H Photo Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have been a longtime customer with B&H because of their service. On February 9, 2019 I received a used lens with a defective lens hood. Chatting with customer service, I asked if this was consistent with their 8+ rating criteria. They immediately offered to send a replacement hood. Great, I thought. Done. A few minutes later they contacted me to say that they didn't have one in stock. They then offered to either take the whole kit back for a full refund OR they would purchase the hood from a third-party of my choice. Wow.

I looked online but could not find the OEM hood and I didn't like the third-party options. Then I got another idea. I don't typically use lens hoods. I protect my lenses with filters. So I found a high quality B + W UV filter on B&H's website and asked if they were willing to send it instead of a hood. They didn't hesitate. It's on its way right now. That's how you do customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have been using a Nikon D7000 and wanted to try the mirrorless full frame camera. The Sony A7II is amazing even with the kit lens. It captures color so accurately and feels great in the hand. Much easier to deal with than the Nikon, which was a very nice camera. I have not tried the adapters to use my Nikon lenses yet, but plan to down the road. Of course, they will have a crop factor, so I may just sell the old lenses and buy either new or refurbished ones after I have had time to learn the ins and outs of the Sony. B&H does an amazing job of being well stocked and quickly delivering orders. I use them for most electronic items and have been totally satisfied with their prices and their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

As always, doing business with B&H Photo is super simple, straightforward and hassle-free. Find what you want on their website, place an order and within a few days you'll have your product. I've ordered a number of items from B&H, including an entire camera system with lenses. Got a great deal on the bundle and it was delivered in days. The deal was so good that opted to buy from B&H instead of my own well known, local photography shop. B&H always has the best deals and you typically get free shipping and no taxes since it's an out of state purchase (for most). Yeah, I'm a B&H fan for life.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I bought (amongst others) a well-known brand for a carry-on photography backpack. Its price (after special discount) was very attractive and I took advantage of that opportunity. Living outside of the US, generally, I prefer to buy this kind of items, personally, at B&H facilities in NYC but, this time, I ordered it while I was traveling in New Mexico. The shipment arrived there on time, as promised and I also was confident that, if needed, I could return it/exchange for other backpack I was considering as an alternative.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My wife and I ordered a lot of camera/video equipment from then in the past week. They got part of my wife's order wrong. When I called them about it they said we could either ship it back and after they receive it and inspect it (3-5 days), they would ship us a replacement. The other choice we had is to pay for a new one and ship the old one back. If we had ordered the wrong thing then I could see these options. We placed the order correctly and they made the mistake. They Aren't willing to fix their mistakes. They want the customer to pay for their mistakes. We will never shop here again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I order a item. Selected fast 1 day shipping. Got it a week later. Called the customer service. They told my there is nothing that we can do. This was a day after I supposed to get the item. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I have had an extremely difficult time getting paid for equipment sold to them for $840. It took over a month to get a check issued. FedEx delivered payment to some other address. I called back and B&H said they would reissue a check. I was told it would go out the day I called. A week later still no check. I called again and was at first told the check hadn't been cut yet? Then the service rep corrected his statement and said it had been FEDEX and would arrive today or tomorrow. He gave me a tracking number. When I arrived home there was nothing from FEDEX. I then went online to track the check and found out that the # was not found.??? I called again and explained the situation again requesting to speak to a supervisor. After a long day on hold the agent came back on to tell me he hasn't transferred me because he had the check in his hand and it was going out today. Will it ever arrive?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Avoid this store at all costs. Bought a Fujifilm camera and bundle package. The store rep then told me there was a pricing error, and cancelled a transaction, which then incurred transaction fees of $32.00. So I got no camera, charged for transaction fees, then after a few days, my credit card got compromised in New Jersey with $4500. What a joke. I then contacted customer service, who basically said '** off, you deal with it.. It's not our fault to have a pricing error'. Overall, the worst customer service, all they care about is your wallet and scamming people, which is not surprising as you would notice the moment you walk into the store. They operate like a bank. All fellow creatives, do not shop here as they don't care at all about customer service or just having a minimum level of decency as a human being.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Always the best prices and best deals. I ordered a Sony RX100MVA and it was just about the best price on the market, almost $200 under everyone else and of course it came perfectly brand new and on time as always. Too bad they charge tax now, miss the days of no tax in the past.

B&H Photo Company Information