B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.86/5

B&H Photo Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2020

I've been dealing with B&H for many years, and I've never had problem. I find their prices and service to be very good. I've gotten cameras, film, and photographic supplies from them in their store, online, and over the phone. They carry the brands that I like, and they don't push gear that I don't want. I've been a serious amateur photographer for over 50 years. During that time I've dealt with camera dealers, and none have been better to do business with than B&H.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Quick response to questions about products and fast delivery of the order. I ordered the NEW MacBook Pro 2019 which arrived quickly and without any problems. Love the my new MCP19 and this was a very great experience with B&H purchase. I will strongly recommend B&H with their expert advice. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Always the best prices and best deals. I ordered a Sony RX100MVA and it was just about the best price on the market, almost $200 under everyone else and of course it came perfectly brand new and on time as always. Too bad they charge tax now, miss the days of no tax in the past.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been shopping at B&H for a few years now. Their website is very well organized and provides all the information I need, whether it's technical specifications or reviews. Finding what I'm looking for is always very easy. Furthermore, if I end up ordering a wrong item, returning that item is not complicated at all. When it comes to photography and electronics, B&H is my favorite go-to place.sssssssss

Resolution response: June 10, 2020

We had a problem with media cards purchased for cameras we bought from B&H. Turns out it wasn't their fault at all and when management there found out about our problem they bent over backwards to make things right...just like they have the entire time I have purchased equipment from them. Glad to know my old friend B&H and I can still be friends! These guys really did the right thing to resolve my problem.

Original review: June 5, 2020

My production company purchased two Panasonic professional 4K cameras and lots of accessories from B&H. Instead of just buying the equipment online, I went to NYC personally to get expert advice from B&H. When it came time to pick the memory cards for the cameras, the B&H expert suggested a certain Lexar card. When we first used the two cameras, we repeatedly received error messages and lost some of our video clips. We called Panasonic in L.A. and were told we should ship our two cameras to them and we did. At that time, the Covid-19 Pandemic hit the U.S. and Panasonic returned our cameras because they closed their offices after we shipped them.

After talking to Panasonic engineers, we were told the Lexar cards we were sold by B&H WOULD NOT WORK WITH OUR CAMERAS because they have a history of not maintaining speed. Further investigation turned up evidence that Arri Cameras has banned the use of Lexar cards and that Panasonic strongly suggests they not be used in their cameras. We asked B&H to swap the cards for ones that would work and they denied our claim because it wasn't made within 30 days, even though their stores had not been open during the pandemic. I will review B&H for the remainder of my career over this issue because I made a large purchase from them, including more than $2000 in memory cards that they recommended that did not work. Shame on you B&H!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: April 28, 2020

B&H Photo promises 2-3 day shipping, but then the shipping dept uses FedEx Home which takes a week minimum. Not a trustworthy company. I would buy my electronics elsewhere as their customer service is a joke.

Resolution response: March 23, 2020

Finally received my order.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought a surface pro 7 recently from them and I was told that shipping will be from 3-5 business days. So I was happy and made the deal. They allegedly shipped it on the 11th of this month, however the actual shipping day was 13th via FedEx. So as per plan it should arrive no later than 17th of March but it never did. So I sent them an email and they kept dodging my question about where is my shipment. Their customer service via chat was rude and wasn't trying to help at all. After so many emails with them they told you should talk to FedEx. Until today I don't know where is my shipment and FedEx is not helping also. The tracking shows no delivery time or location. It's like my items vanished.

I talked to Mr. Henry who is leading B&H customer service but guess what he said after reading all the email conversations (12+ mails), he said his people is able to handle the case even though they didn't bother to find where is my shipment. I paid for a premium delivery or 60+ dollars and didn't receive the right service. Seems they had enough customers and lots of money so it doesn't matter. We should only pay and keep our mouths shut. I won't ever go back to their website. It's the worst experience I had with any website I've dealt with in the last 15 years. No apologies or support. No plan to fix their problem and no plan to satisfy the customer.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I purchased a Nikon Z 50 camera kit that included 2 lenses. The camera body clearly has a malfunction. Purchased on March 04 and paid for overnight shipping, which arrived on schedule. This is the extent of the good news. After trying out the camera and discovering the problem, I requested an RMA to exchange the kit. The next day, I got an email that stated that I would not qualify for a refund due to excessive returns. WTF? You must have confused me with someone else, you clowns. Even if this was the case, did you notify me when I placed a $1300 order? What constitutes too many returns? I returned a defective used lens this year, and returned an item that was improperly described on the B&H website. That makes 2 out of 15 orders from 2019 until today.

Thankfully my credit card company is going to take B&H downtown to Chinatown. Have YOU spent over $50K with B&H since 2003 like me? Do YOU enjoy getting abused by Customer Service? Do YOU look forward to being laughed at and ignored by these carpetbaggers? Shop where the company respects you as much as you respect yourself, but not at this New York slop house.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I’ve had it with B and H. I purchased the Vello LW500-u and wrote 3 reviews of this product and for some reason they refuse to post any of my reviews on this product. Since they won't publish my review on their website I decided to post it on websites they don't control. I bought the LW500-u Black Friday November 2019 and the buyer cannot tell by looking at the product whether you are getting the LW500 (transfers photos to computer) or the LW500-u (transfers to computer and Lightroom or Capture One). The product itself states LW500 regardless of which one you receive which is a terrible business practice. There is a sticker on the outside box but since when are products sold with this lack of veracity? Who is to say you received the correct item?

This item is supposed to be support a wireless file transfer to Lightroom or Capture One. The product is supposed to work with an app that you download from Vello. I have 2 MACs and the software is supposed to work with the MAC. My MACs operate with Mojave and the other with Catalina OS and neither one would load the program (and yes I went into Security and allowed the app to open on my computer). I called Vello several times and they finally told me there was a software problem. I also told them I couldn’t understand why a product that normally costs $349 couldn’t be properly labeled. They finally told me their marketing team would look into it.

This is back in December. I returned the product and tried to leave a review of this product and for whatever reason B and H refused to publish. I tried again this week now February 19 and the software still doesn’t load. I left another review of my experience and B and H once again did not publish my review. I fail to understand the issue here but leaving reviews is an important factor to consider when deciding to use or buy a product. I don't blame B and H for the defective product but if B and H is going to pick and choose which reviews they want to publish this obviously distorts the process. At this point there are other options out there to buy Photography supplies and while I always thought highly of B and H apparently something has changed and I done with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I purchased Sony TV from this store before Christmas, because it was gift. I checked the shipping box, it was OK no damage on box. But Christmas I found TV screen was broken. So I contacted this store but they said that I should claim in 2 days, how can I open and check TV for gift. This store doesn't fix/exchange/refund the broken product. Please do not buy any gift from this B&H Photo... It was worst..

B&H Photo Company Information