Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

B&H Photo

B&H Photo
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

B&H Photo Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Quick response to questions about products and fast delivery of the order. I ordered the NEW MacBook Pro 2019 which arrived quickly and without any problems. Love the my new MCP19 and this was a very great experience with B&H purchase. I will strongly recommend B&H with their expert advice. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Always the best prices and best deals. I ordered a Sony RX100MVA and it was just about the best price on the market, almost $200 under everyone else and of course it came perfectly brand new and on time as always. Too bad they charge tax now, miss the days of no tax in the past.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have been shopping at B&H for a few years now. Their website is very well organized and provides all the information I need, whether it's technical specifications or reviews. Finding what I'm looking for is always very easy. Furthermore, if I end up ordering a wrong item, returning that item is not complicated at all. When it comes to photography and electronics, B&H is my favorite go-to place.sssssssss

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Sony RX10 camera was in excellent condition. I took a chance on a used camera from B&H Photo and it worked out. The camera I bought was rated as condition 9, described as: "Shows signs of use, but very clean." Any signs of use are very hard to find and the camera works well. All parts shown as included in the manual were there. As for delivery, that worked too. I ordered on a Thurs. about one hour before B&H closed for a week & a half for Passover but they got the shipment out that day and it arrived in 5 days. I also bought several accessories (filters, spare battery, charger, etc.) and these arrived when promised and are all correct.

Resolution response: March 23, 2020

Finally received my order.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought a surface pro 7 recently from them and I was told that shipping will be from 3-5 business days. So I was happy and made the deal. They allegedly shipped it on the 11th of this month, however the actual shipping day was 13th via FedEx. So as per plan it should arrive no later than 17th of March but it never did. So I sent them an email and they kept dodging my question about where is my shipment. Their customer service via chat was rude and wasn't trying to help at all. After so many emails with them they told you should talk to FedEx. Until today I don't know where is my shipment and FedEx is not helping also. The tracking shows no delivery time or location. It's like my items vanished.

I talked to Mr. Henry who is leading B&H customer service but guess what he said after reading all the email conversations (12+ mails), he said his people is able to handle the case even though they didn't bother to find where is my shipment. I paid for a premium delivery or 60+ dollars and didn't receive the right service. Seems they had enough customers and lots of money so it doesn't matter. We should only pay and keep our mouths shut. I won't ever go back to their website. It's the worst experience I had with any website I've dealt with in the last 15 years. No apologies or support. No plan to fix their problem and no plan to satisfy the customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B&H Photo-Video?

Original review: March 14, 2020

I purchased a Nikon Z 50 camera kit that included 2 lenses. The camera body clearly has a malfunction. Purchased on March 04 and paid for overnight shipping, which arrived on schedule. This is the extent of the good news. After trying out the camera and discovering the problem, I requested an RMA to exchange the kit. The next day, I got an email that stated that I would not qualify for a refund due to excessive returns. WTF? You must have confused me with someone else, you clowns. Even if this was the case, did you notify me when I placed a $1300 order? What constitutes too many returns? I returned a defective used lens this year, and returned an item that was improperly described on the B&H website. That makes 2 out of 15 orders from 2019 until today.

Thankfully my credit card company is going to take B&H downtown to Chinatown. Have YOU spent over $50K with B&H since 2003 like me? Do YOU enjoy getting abused by Customer Service? Do YOU look forward to being laughed at and ignored by these carpetbaggers? Shop where the company respects you as much as you respect yourself, but not at this New York slop house.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I’ve had it with B and H. I purchased the Vello LW500-u and wrote 3 reviews of this product and for some reason they refuse to post any of my reviews on this product. Since they won't publish my review on their website I decided to post it on websites they don't control. I bought the LW500-u Black Friday November 2019 and the buyer cannot tell by looking at the product whether you are getting the LW500 (transfers photos to computer) or the LW500-u (transfers to computer and Lightroom or Capture One). The product itself states LW500 regardless of which one you receive which is a terrible business practice. There is a sticker on the outside box but since when are products sold with this lack of veracity? Who is to say you received the correct item?

This item is supposed to be support a wireless file transfer to Lightroom or Capture One. The product is supposed to work with an app that you download from Vello. I have 2 MACs and the software is supposed to work with the MAC. My MACs operate with Mojave and the other with Catalina OS and neither one would load the program (and yes I went into Security and allowed the app to open on my computer). I called Vello several times and they finally told me there was a software problem. I also told them I couldn’t understand why a product that normally costs $349 couldn’t be properly labeled. They finally told me their marketing team would look into it.

This is back in December. I returned the product and tried to leave a review of this product and for whatever reason B and H refused to publish. I tried again this week now February 19 and the software still doesn’t load. I left another review of my experience and B and H once again did not publish my review. I fail to understand the issue here but leaving reviews is an important factor to consider when deciding to use or buy a product. I don't blame B and H for the defective product but if B and H is going to pick and choose which reviews they want to publish this obviously distorts the process. At this point there are other options out there to buy Photography supplies and while I always thought highly of B and H apparently something has changed and I done with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I purchased Sony TV from this store before Christmas, because it was gift. I checked the shipping box, it was OK no damage on box. But Christmas I found TV screen was broken. So I contacted this store but they said that I should claim in 2 days, how can I open and check TV for gift. This store doesn't fix/exchange/refund the broken product. Please do not buy any gift from this B&H Photo... It was worst..

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I spoke with, texted and emailed to verify and confirm that I would be receiving the European adaptor for the Samsung s10+ European version. I have 2 emails confirming that I would. The US version was sent. When I followed up I was sent a non Samsung not adaptive fast charger. When I followed up on that I was told they would be sending the US version with an adaptor for EU. So a plug on a plug. When I called to tell them I wanted the adaptor that should have been in the box. The one I was promised, they now claim that they made an error and nothing else they could do. I was either lied to deliberately or the personnel do not have sufficient knowledge nor care about the extreme inconvenience I am placed in.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Ordered some RAM. The website advertised free 2 day shipping and said so at checkout. They "shipped" it via UPS 3 day, which always takes exactly three days no matter how close or far. But, UPS has no tracking data besides the label creation. It was never scanned in. The package didn't arrive. Customer service is a bunch of liars. "Oh, maybe UPS forgot to scan it". Really? They forgot to scan it all twelve times? At each warehouse and checkpoint? On an express service? No way. Talked to two different phone people, live chat, and email. No one would let me talk to a supervisor. No one could be bothered to call shipping and see if it fell out of the cart or something. I was told that was extremely unlikely and it certainly went right onto the truck. (As if a UPS truck just sits there waiting all day).

So it was marked "shipped" in their system, not acknowledged by UPS, and that's good enough for them. Still not sure how this will be resolved. After three days (it should have arrived in two, and their own website tracking said it would!), The order has been updated to say it was "shipped" via FedEx. Again, FedEx just says a label was created and it was not picked up. Also found it cheaper elsewhere. Then again, at this point, I've paid for something I've not received. I don't know how these unethical companies stay in business.

B&H Photo Company Information